2. Movers

4.2/5 (121 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: July 6, 2021

5 stars again from us for United Nation Van Lines. We run a small real estate company in Texas and were looking to set up shop in Arizona. We had hired United Nation Van Lines to help with our clients’ home moves before but this time, it was our own office move. They transported a lot of office equipment as well as some boxes of personal effects of the staff moving to AZ. With the new office up and running now, we know that nothing was damaged along the way. Another job well done by a company that we have come to know and trust.

Original review: July 5, 2021

United Nation Van Lines gets 5 stars for the way they went out of their way to make sure that our move was a painless and as quick as possible. My daughter has cerebral palsy and we informed them that our consignment would include some medical equipment as well as custom-made furniture. The men were so understanding and took such great care that it was like they were doing it for family. I will never forget that. Apart from that, United Nation Van Lines is one the higher end, price-wise. Based on how they performed, I’d say they are worth every penny.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Full marks to this most professional moving company. They have restored my faith in professional movers after a number of unfortunate incidents with other companies had all but destroyed it. We needed help to move our Alabama 2-bedroom home to storage in Woodbridge, VA before we head off to the UK for my husband to take a new position. We decided to use United Nation Van Lines after reviewing several quotes and finding theirs to be the most comprehensive and transparent. They came through for us with a high standard of performance. Their movers are fast but safe, friendly and hardworking.

Original review: June 28, 2021

An amazing first experience with professional movers. I finally splurged since I have started a new job that pays well enough! It was a bit of a shot in the dark since I have no idea which moving companies are the best. What I can say after this experience is that United Nation Van Lines must definitely be near the top of the list! Their attention to detail and commitment to performing their job well is something to behold. The movers are hardworking and eager to help. Based on my experience, I would certainly recommend them and even hire them again.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I remember first hiring United Nation Van Lines on a friend’s recommendation years ago, and the end result made me just as happy as my latest move with them now. We had them move our offices in Florida to bigger premises (and lower taxes!) in North Carolina. These guys can handle large and expensive office equipment and furniture, no problems. They also know how to meet deadlines, which is crucial when you are shifting a business interstate. I am pleased with every aspect of their work and I know I am going to hire them again, whether it’s an office or domestic move.

Original review: June 2, 2021

When I first called up United Nation Van Lines many years ago, I had no idea I would still be using them after all this time and for moves all over the country. In that time, they have proven themselves every bit as reliable as we could have wished. This last move was from NC to Georgia for my son who is (finally) moving into his own place (2 bedroom apartment) after living with us. All the boxes and furniture were delivered as promised and all in one piece. He has no complaints at all. Once again 5 stars from us.

Original review: June 1, 2021

We were put in touch with Connor and he managed to put us at ease as we had a bad moving experience once in 9 moves. This was the absolute worst move we have ever had. The movers were supposed to pack on a Monday and load on Tuesday..a woman called to say they had a full crew and would be packing and loading on Tuesday. 3 men was their full crew. A little while into packing Alex said it was going to cost more and stopped the other guys from packing until we agreed to pay more money for the move..He did that two more times. You know you're in a situation so we felt forced to agree..Needless to say the move went up 5k from the original estimate. And I will add I told them all of my items and over estimated.

The truck they showed up with couldn't fit all of our stuff and Alex said at the end that I had to decide. Two workbenches, a garage refrigerator, and 4 rugs were not able to be moved. By the time all was said and done both of our cars were jam packed with stuff they didn't pack (a bathroom, pictures they left on the walls, and other items). The two guys that came to deliver a day late due to truck issues were much better..however it wasn't the truck that our home was originally packed on. After opening every box we discovered that there are many items missing.

My jewelry box, jewelry that must have fallen out of the jewelry armoire, all my makeup, all my nail polishes, drawers of personal stuff from the master bathroom, my hairdryer, luggage, Towels, watches and a tray from my MB. Needless to say I am beside myself. I have called and left messages for the guy who delivered and Customer Service and have gotten no response. My advice is to find another company. I am going to pursue recourse.

Original review: May 28, 2021

A company that is well run and holds itself to high standards. These 5 stars were earned not just by the movers who did the hard labor but the entire team behind this operation, including the people who man the phones and those who do the scheduling and admin. It all comes together very fluidly. In all my interactions with them, be it on the phone, via email or in person with the movers, I was left with an impression that these people cared about doing a good job. It is so easy to say that I recommend them highly.

Original review: May 28, 2021

United Nation Van Lines has been our reliable moving company for years now and this was simply another in a long line of jobs they have done so well for us. It is just too easy to recommend them – they have never let us down. We plan to use them again soon.

Original review: May 28, 2021

One of the hallmarks of United Nation Van Lines I have noticed since my last move with them is that their equipment and their vehicles are always either new or very well maintained. Whichever the case may be, it is a good sign that a company is constantly investing in newer, better gear that benefits their customers. This is definitely not a common trait among most movers that I have seen. The people factor also ranks highly with this company. Their staff is polite and knowledgeable. For the record, I hired United Nation Van Lines to move my 2-bedroom house in New Jersey to a 3-bedroom in Florida.

Original review: May 28, 2021

We settled on hiring United Nation Van Lines after doing a heck of a lot of research, and it paid off with a well-executed move that was inside our budget and completed ahead of schedule. The moving men are great and so are the coordinators at their office. Will definitely rehire.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I think this company’s service is worth more than what they charge. I’ve paid way more for absolutely bad movers in the past when I didn’t know any better. All I can say is that I won’t be switching movers again if I can help it. 5 stars from me.

Original review: May 27, 2021

We came across United Nation Van Lines while researching the best company to move us from Florida to Pennsylvania. In the midst of thousands of reviews of scores of companies, what stuck out for us was the consistency of the reviews for United Nation Van Lines. It really tells you something when so many people have had a positive opinion of a company over such a long period of time. That impression translated into reality when they performed the move for us. Despite the fact that we had a ton of stuff, they handled everything quickly but with care. We would certainly hire them again.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I keep returning to United Nation Van Lines because they always maintain the transparency of their quotes. Other companies pretend to quote less but their fine print lists are very long. Much easier to place your trust in the guys who are honest from the start. They haven’t let me down once.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I think I have finally found the one single moving company that I can trust. United Nation Van Lines really went above and beyond when they helped us move from Alabama to Illinois recently. We had obtained a quote from them about 2 months in advance but subsequently managed to sell some of our larger items. We were going to pay the original quote total because we forgot to factor in that the total volume had been reduced. The United Nation Van Lines team themselves noticed the difference and told us that they would reduce the total accordingly. I recommend them 100% and would doubtlessly rehire.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Thank you to the entire team of United Nation Van Lines who were involved in our move, right from the movers to the customer service people to the office manager who put it all together. Our move was pretty complex since we were moving to 2 separate places in Collierville, TN from a single house in Pennsylvania. One was my parents’ place where the old stuff went and the other was my new home that’s located a suburb away. Every last box ended up exactly where it was supposed to be. I am very impressed with the care and the precision.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I never want to move again because it’s so troublesome but if I have to, it will be with United Nation Van Lines. They made an almost unbearably stressful day somewhat bearable by being very organized and orderly. So glad when all my things arrived safe and sound a couple of days ago.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I’m not a fan of moving companies and only use them when absolutely necessary, as was the case this time with helping my parents move from their huge house in Georgia to a smaller, elderly-friendly one in Ohio. We decided on United Nation Van Lines after reading a lot of reviews and making a lot of calls. The biggest factor was the customer service team’s willingness to break down the price of the move so we knew what we were paying for. Trust me, if a moving company is being intentionally vague in this regard, they are planning to rip you off. This move was very good!

Original review: May 25, 2021

I wholeheartedly recommend this excellent moving company that has now helped us move three times. Over the past few years, we have had to shift houses pretty often because of my husband’s job and having a reliable moving company that we can trust to handle and deliver all our things safely has been a godsend. Every time we hire them, they do a perfect job. We have never had a single lost item or received things damaged. That’s impressive enough after one move but after three, they deserve some kind of medal. I will always recommend them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

If you need to move and want to hire a reliable company but also one that does not charge you too much, there is no better choice than United Nation Van Lines. They have been our trusted movers for a number of years now and have never let us down. We have always received courteous service from the movers as well as the office team. The packing materials they use are high quality, not generic, flimsy brands so common among many other companies. All this comes at a reasonable price that puts it in the same cost league as smaller companies, just with better service.

Original review: May 14, 2021

If I recall correctly, this is my first ever positive review of a moving company since I first used one years ago. United Nation Van Lines earned it by simply being better than all the others in virtually every respect. The office management people are awesome, always ready to answer all your queries. The coordinators know the system inside out and will always ensure that everything arrives on time, going or coming. And finally, the movers are just magicians of the move, moving the heaviest things thousands of miles without any harm. Together, that earns them 5 stars from me.

Original review: May 12, 2021

We had a wonderful and seamless move thanks to United Nation Van Lines. It was an interstate move from Mississippi to Leesburg, VA. Our 3-bedroom was getting too small for all our stuff, and you know that means a heck of a huge load for us to pack and bundle up ourselves. None of it was a problem for the movers assigned to us. The guys just got right into the grind and cleaned it all up like nobody’s business. You can tell how experienced they are from how coordinated all their actions are. We are very pleased with our choice of United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: May 8, 2021

My wife and I THOUGHT we were getting a reputable and professional company and in the beginning we had high hopes. The people who booked our move and the follow up lady was very attentive and easy to deal with. It wasn’t until the actual moving men showed up when I started feeling “funny.” When you get one or two guys start making statements about being “taken cared of” at the start of a move, you start feeling uneasy. I had to ask to have certain items blanket wrapped and in their defense, they were eventually done, but I don’t think I should have had to ask. In fact blanket wrap and shrink wrap should have been done on every piece of furniture automatically. I had taken it upon myself to go out and buy my own blankets and 4 rolls of shrink wrap and I wrapped and shrink wrapped at least 3-4 pieces myself prior to the movers showing.

I also broke down several big pieces of furniture to make things easier for the men. Anyway, as the truck is being loaded, I get updates from the movers foreman (who was actually very professional and apologetic) that my original estimate was going up and it might end up being close to $3000 more than originally estimated! Obviously, this ruined the entire experience for me and my wife, as our belongings were now deep in the confines of a 26 foot truck that I could have rented from Uhaul for about $3500! Estimating a move based on weight or space is to me, a rip off.

Again, the foreman or lead mover was being as cordial and professional as he could be because honestly, I was very upset and his office places him to hear the complaints from the customer. If I would have rented a Uhaul and paid for their professional helpers on the other end, I’d still be better off price wise. Anyway, I could tell one of the guys in the original crew wasn’t to happy when I came out and said I hope no one was expecting to be tipped BEFORE the job is completed and delivered. Who tips like this before a job is done?? You get tipped when the items are delivered and everything is as damage free as possible, plain and simple. I got an answer that they may not be the same guys at the end, and to me, that’s not my problem.

Well when I got my furniture delivered, there was one dining room chair that had a nice gouge taken out of it. I had some dings and dents to other pieces of solid wood tops and my $800 mountain bike decided to lose its $50 aluminum kickstand. And when you’re asked, “are you sure you had a kickstand?” That in and of itself tells me you don’t deserve to be tipped. But because the lead guy was back on delivery (hmmm I wonder why he was there and not the other two?) and he seemed like a good guy I did tip him and I actually tipped him well.

I will never use a moving company again, not unless they stop this silly stuff about weight and or space. A 26 foot truck would have fit all of the contents of my house but because the estimate number kept climbing, I was forced to leave items with the new homeowner who was only to thrilled to accept them. Oh yes, I am not sure these guys were even actual employees, I believe they were a third party moving company because the truck was a Ryder rental and no one had a shirt spouting the company logo. Again, I’ll never use a moving company again, get a better iron clad estimate or expect to be overcharged at the end.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Such a pathetic moving company. It is quite ironic that on their about us page it says a few people started this moving company with core values of reliability and speed. My experience with this company has been unreliable and slow. Quite frankly, it has sucked. Our belongings were picked up in Phoenix Arizona and to be moved to Clayton, North Carolina. Stuff was picked up on the evening of April 14th.

Today is Monday May 3rd, nearly 3 weeks later and our stuff still has not been loaded onto a truck for dispatch. My wife spoke to a Tina last Tuesday the 25th who told her it would be loaded and the truck would hit the road that day. I called Friday April 30th for an update and our stuff is still sitting in some Warehouse waiting to be loaded. When my wife spoke to tina, she could not tell us where our belongings were or even know what Warehouse they were in. That's quite pathetic. When I called Friday April 30th, Tina told me that it might be loaded early next week. She then called back and said it could happen this past weekend. It would then take 5 to 7 days to arrive. She is quite incompetent.

Today is Monday May 3rd and I called for another update. This woman was no help either. She said her belongings still had not been loaded and that she would contact me Wednesday for an update. This is a very incompetent company who does not do the job you pay them to do. They don't give a damn about you once you put down the initial deposit. Complaints have been filed with the better Business Bureau and the US department of transportation. I will keep hounding this company until we have answers and proof that our belongings are finally on the way to us. For whatever reason, our goods are being held hostage and no clear answer as to when we will ever receive them. They are pathetic and we are demanding answers.

Original review: May 1, 2021

My mother had her belongings picked up by you in Monday 4/19/2021 in Clarksville, TN. We were told delivery to Melbourne, FL would be Thursday 4/22. On 4/21 while driving to FL we got a call that delivery would be 4/23-4/25. (Still acceptable). It is now 4/30 and still no furniture or belongings. Today we were told it should be another 10 business days. I had to go back to TN. This is unacceptable! My mother is 81 years old! I am paying (since 4/26) for a hotel for my mother. She has a perfectly decent home to stay in BUT NO FURNITURE OR BELONGINGS! I will be putting all of this on blast. We need a resolution ASAP.

Original review: April 30, 2021

United Nation Van Lines moved my 4-bedroom house in Oregon to a bigger 4-bedroom house in California. Overall, they did a fantastic job that far exceeded my expectations. The communication from their customer service team was just fantastic. I was kept informed of the upcoming day for the pickup in the lead up to the move, and then about the progress when they were in transit. I liked that the movers worked hard to get the job done on time but without rushing and damaging our possessions. It is good to finally see a moving company that I am happy to recommend.

Original review: April 29, 2021

This was a nightmare from start to finish. I went with United Nation Van Lines based on Consumer Affairs suggestion and it was the worst mistake I could have made. This company cares nothing about its customers. They pulled every dirty trick in the book to squeeze me for more money. I was originally quoted a reasonable rate but that ballooned thanks to hidden fees and ridiculous conditions hidden in their contract. For instance, they counted the seven steps to my apartment as a flight of stairs and count going up and then down as two flights in total. Absolutely absurd. They sucker you in by giving you what sounds like a decent rate and then pull out all the stops to try and make that number grow once you've signed a contract.

So on the day of my move three guys show up and the one in charge immediately tries to grift me saying I had more stuff than was estimated for. This was totally untrue as I was quoted for all my belongings AND 90 boxes worth of stuff. I moved 54 pieces total. And yet he claimed I would need 1,000 cubes of space, equaling half the space of a semi tractor trailer.

After a ton of back and forth, lo and behold the truck only used 1/4 of the space. This is an absolute grift to try and trick people into signing for extra space because they claim the estimate was wrong. They wanted more than $2,000 extra! I still couldn't get out of paying a bit extra because I just wanted my stuff moved and had to be out of my apartment the next day. They also charged me $150 for materials when they used a couple of cardboard boxes and a few rolls of tape. A total scam.

Now let's talk customer service. I'm convinced there is a circle of hell where your punishment is dealing with United Nation Van Lines customer service for eternity. The operators are extremely rude and dismiss your concerns as not their problem or "well, you should have read the contract". They couldn't even be bothered to give me more than a day's notice that they were coming and so I had to drop everything, both for pickup and delivery, to be ready for them in time.

When I complained they pretty much told me to go to hell. But I was already there. In a moving hell. It then took an entire month for my stuff to arrive. Numerous calls provided no answers. My belongings could have been on the moon for all I knew. I'm amazed they bothered to show up at all. Then after arriving they demanded an extra $500 or they wouldn't take my stuff off the truck.

They claimed that it was because they had to get a smaller truck and move my items onto it since a semi wouldn't fit on my street. Any reasonable company would have this included in their service, especially for a move that costs now more than $5,000. But this was just another opportunity for United to grift money off of me. The idea that it could cost $500 to rent a smaller truck locally and move two bedrooms worth of stuff onto it is simply outrageous. In my estimation they pocketed $300 in profit off of this alone.

The dispatcher threatened to take my stuff to a warehouse in Baltimore and I would have to come and get it if I didn't pay right then and there. If in 30 minutes I didn't cough up $2,000 in cash they would charge me an extra $150 in "waiting fees" per hour. Total mafia tactics. The dispatcher was threatening, belligerent, and rude. It's worth mentioning too that at both pickup and delivery there were zero COVID precautions. No masks. Nothing. "You know how hard it is to work all day with a mask on?" the dispatcher asked.

I plan to file a complaint with the consumer affairs department in my state and the Attorney General. This was an absolute scam from start to finish and even after paying them thousands of dollars they still treated me like garbage. You'd have better luck hiring a hot air balloon and try moving your belongings that way. Avoid United Nation Van Lines at all costs. Oh, and the most important box of my whole move showed up nearly crushed and all of my boxes and furniture were coated in a thick layer of grime from sitting around a warehouse for a month.

United Nation Van Lines response

- Very strong statements but let’s see if any of them is true.

They pulled every dirty trick in the book to squeeze me for more money.

- Customers estimate was $5767.00. Final charge $5426.50.

– Still don’t understand what customer is referring to. We charge one time for the flight of stairs, regardless of how many times our crew have to walk up or down.

– And again, we absolutely confused. We estimated total cost for the move to be $5767.00 and at the end we charged customer $5426.50. How and where did we inflated the price or hided the charges, we don’t understand.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Easy to recommend this stellar moving company. They have always done a fantastic job with our moves and their prices have remained quite reasonable over several years. Very importantly, their final price is almost exactly the same as their initial quote to you. I would hire them again.

Original review: April 21, 2021

A stellar performance worthy of 5 stars by an extraordinary company. United Nation Van Lines moved us to Florida from Georgia and it was a pleasure to have them do such a fantastic job with so much care. We were initially pretty surprised that they only sent a 3-person team to move our 4-bedroom house even after doing a personal assessment of the volume of items. However, the 3 men were very capable and it did not seem like a problem to them at all. In fact, they even completed the loading phase faster than expected. I would use this company again.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I arranged two moves with United Nation Van Lines a week apart just so I could get things up and running at my new home in Colorado before the bulk of my other less-important possessions turned up and took up all the space. They performed admirably both times, arriving on schedule and beginning their shifts right away. Their sorting and packing was flawless – everything ended up in the right place and arrived at the right time as I had planned. Totally satisfied with the service I got and the price I paid for it. Will use again.

United Nation Van Lines Company Information