Formerly United Nation Van Lines

4.0/5 (191 ratings)

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Regions Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Easy booking process
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • No international moves

Bottom Line

United Regions Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local or international moves, but positive reviews mention competitive pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Regions Van Lines Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?

Original review: July 2, 2022

This great company was the company that we hired to shift homes from Athens, GA to Dayton, OH. We chose them after thoroughly vetting their reviews and rates, and finding that they were one of the most well regarded movers across the country. It’s a wonder how and why they keep their prices in the median range when they are easily comparable to one of the premium standards moving companies. Of course, we aren’t complaining about that! We will hire them for all future moves.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I was pleased with the help I received from the representative of your company. He was very calming and explained everything so we could understand the process. This was our first move in 30 years. So we really needed a lot of help.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I will be moving to California next month but have had the bulk of my things transported there by this company already. They were very efficient in packing and transporting my things. The movers were nice and friendly, too. The reason I am giving these guys 5 stars is that they provide good service but their rates are more affordable than most other movers. It makes it possible for ordinary people such as me to afford quality moving without breaking the bank.

Original review: June 30, 2022

United Regions ended up being what I wanted and needed to move from New Jersey to Mississippi. Everything was perfect. They came and packed up everything that was left to pack, and they're even storing it until I find a house. I needed everything done in the same place at the same time and delivered to me when I needed it. That was perfect for this move because I'm doing this by myself for my entire family.

The only thing is when I would call, I could never get an answer or talk to the people that I had already been talking to. I did talk with someone this morning, and they explained to me that they're on the phone with their clients and I understood because I'm a client, and they were on the phone with me for a long period of time. it's just that I wasn't getting answers. He was explaining to me that sometimes they will answer, and if they put me on hold because they're on the call, it might take a few minutes. I was explaining to him that the problem was no one was picking up for me at all. Other than that, everything is fine. He gave me the number to call back. So, I got that straightened out. I'm very comfortable with them.

Original review: June 28, 2022

These guys moved us from Phoenix, AZ to Merrill, OR recently and they did a commendable job. Their movers are very well-versed with all the nitty gritty of doing things out of the box. Our old place had very tight stairwells, which made getting big items of furniture down really difficult. However, those guys had a way around everything and made short work of what we had assumed to be almost impossible. It worked out very well and I am happy to recommend them.

Original review: June 25, 2022

We were rushed to move a day early, the truck they said could not accommodate our house which they knew ahead of time because we were told that by the truck driver and the guys that packed up the home. Our first load arrived on time and the semi driver was great! The guys who loaded up our house or great too. The second order still has not arrived and it has been 30 days. Customer service is very rude, they do not return phone calls and cannot tell me any information whatsoever. Totally dissatisfied. I would never recommend them to anybody but unfortunately I did though, well before I knew they are horrible to deal with. I recommended them to the people who purchased our home. What a big mistake! Oh, and the price more than doubled from what I was originally quoted.

Original review: June 24, 2022

My wife has always insisted on hiring this company and it’s hard to argue with her when they keep doing such a fantastic job every time they are on the clock. Their prices are not the most affordable but I grudgingly have to agree that compared to almost all the other moving companies that we have tried, they are the most reliable and consistent. I’d love them even more if they were cheaper but you can’t win ‘em all! 5 stars.

Original review: June 22, 2022

You may come across a thousand moving companies but there is just one, best one. This was our third move with them and they were better than ever. We can always count on them to ensure that all our boxes are packed well (and waterproofed when required). In all these years, they have never lost a single one of our boxes nor broken anything. The office staff is pleasant and you can count on them for accurate information. I recommend them highly.

Original review: June 20, 2022

There have been only a few times that I have sat down to write reviews and this is one of them. This company team really worked hard to earn these 5 stars. Every person that was involved in any way in our move was able to impress us with their professionalism and dedication to customer service. That goes from the moving crew to the sales manager and to the phone support team. I am very happy with my decision to hire them!

Original review: June 18, 2022

We are writing this review of United Nation Van Lines after taking a bit of time to clear our thoughts and emotions. We hope it will help others make an informed decision on their choice of carriers for a long distance move. We know it is a bit of a long read but the information we feel is valuable and worth the time. After taking our time looking at online reviews on sites like Trust Pilot and Consumer Affairs, we chose three different companies and called all three. All could deliver the same product and the quotes were all within the same ballpark price range.

The one difficult thing for my wife and I was the long delivery windows. United Nation Van Lines informed us they had an expedited delivery option which costs a bit more. Richard our sales agent took the time to call dispatch for our route and confirm they would be able to deliver our good as promised for the additional fee. We chose United Nation Van Lines for this reason. We were scheduled for an April 8, 9 pick up with an expedited delivery window of April 12-16.

The move started as planned. The only critique we have is the call to schedule the pickup was only one day prior to the arrival of the crew. We were packed for the move so this was less of an issue. The crew showed up on time on the 8th and loaded our items quickly in under three hours as the items were staged and packed already. We were informed by Carin in Customer Service we needed to wire our payment due, since a check would not have enough business days to clear before our expedited delivery window. We were told all items would be taken to the secured storage yard and loaded on a truck for the expedited delivery.

All good at this point so far.

We headed to our new home a three day drive expecting our items to be delivered as contracted about two to five days later. As the delivery widow arrived I called and was told no our delivery was not on a truck and we would not receive our items till the end of the next week at the earliest. I called back and a second time and spoke to Carin in customer service. She agreed that was not the contract we had and said she would look into it. After a few days (I called every day) we were told the truck for our delivery broke down and they were waiting for the next truck. They did refund the expedited delivery charge and promised to get our items loaded on the next truck. In the meantime we were told not to worry the items were stored a the secure warehouse and were safe.

We were frustrated but understanding things happen, trucks break and shipping was a busy sector of the economy at the time. We made do, bought what we need and continued to try to communicate with Carin in customer service. Our biggest complaint was we could not get an answer to when we could expect our items. There seemed to be no schedule or plan for when our shipment would arrive.

On Friday the 22nd of April Carin told me they had a truck loading to head our way and we should get our goods by Friday the next week. This was correct and we did get our shipment on Friday the 29th. The truck however was not a United Nation Van Lines truck but an independent subcontractor. Two weeks late but at least we had our items back... or so we thought.

The goods as they were unloaded looked in decent condition, one has to be realistic when you move your items some things will be slightly damaged and scratched, some boxes may get a bit crushed. It’s just how it goes and the small issues we had we understood and accepted as normal wear and tear of a move. I won’t fault United Nation for that. As we began unpacking however, my wife found two boxes both from our bedroom area which had the side of the box ripped downward from the handle (Home Depot boxes) these were then attempted to be re-taped. In each box we found items had been stolen. In the first a jewelry box top was broken open jewelry, thumb drives of photos, and sentimental items were stolen. In the second two expensive pairs of sunglasses were stolen. Only valuables were missing from each box. This was disturbing. Theft is very different from damage or even lost or misplaced items.

I called Carin in customer service and explained the situation when I described the boxes she agreed it sounded clearly like theft and apologized. She stated she would inform her manager and look into it. She also took a preliminary list of items and said there was a lost and found perhaps some of the sentimental items could be found that way.

I called back several times and finally spoke with Carin’s manager Lisa a week later. When I began to describe the situation she was unaware of the theft completely, she had never been informed. She also agreed it was clearly theft. Only when I spoke to her did she contact the warehouse the goods had been stored at. A whole week of time was lost. We relayed to her we knew the items were gone and only the sentimental items and photos stolen were irreplaceable. She also apologized and told us on the back of the contract it states you should never ship items of value that could be lost.

This leaves us at the end of our review. Choosing a shipping company is a tough call. Most of us have items of value both monetary and sentimental we have to ship despite the very small fine print on the back of a page. It’s just life. People can have artwork, expensive clothes, shoes and any number of valuable items. Moving companies break items and lose items. It’s part of the business, they have the contracts and insurance to protect them in those cases. My wife and I understood damage and loss were a risk in the move, the horror stories are out there that’s why we did our research. All moving companies have bad reviews. They can’t be perfect. However theft is a different matter. It is a complete violation of the trust you put into a company to move your items, it’s not incidental to the business it is out and out a crime. For this reason we recommend individuals choose a different moving company and not United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I was moving into a new house in Florida and hired this crew to transport all the things that I could not ship via air. The process began with some supervisor coming in to make an assessment of the cost. Once I approved the quote, they gave me my preferred move date. After that, the movers arrived on the day and loaded everything as I had requested. Delivery was made within the time window I wanted. It was fast and trouble-free.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Their customer service is terrible. They didn't tell us when they were coming. The guy kept changing the time. Also, they don't keep their word. They gave me a price for the gas, 400, and when they gave me the last papers, it was almost $800. I started the contract with them with whatever they gave me. I understand the gas price went up but a contract is a contract. And they said it would take five days for them to come but then they said they have 17 days. It was past the 17 days at that point and their prices kept going up every time I booked one item on the truck.

They are very crooked. It went from 4,000 something to close to 10,000. They took over 7,000 from me overnight and they don't wanna tell me when to expect my stuff? I will never use them again and I will never recommend anybody. It was a mess and their communication skill is zero. Matthew whom I talked with at the beginning did a nice job though. He was so nice and sweet. Also, my last delivery people were much nicer and they got the job done.

Original review: June 17, 2022

The person we dealt with all the way through, Kobe, was great. He was very good to deal with and he was very patient. The only thing was I didn't pay close enough attention when they were packing and there were a lot of things that were boxed together that should not have been. I didn't know it until I got here. They were boxes that came to the second drop-off place and I was a little disappointed at that. Also, the pricing went up tremendously. They had to go through the lobby to an elevator up to the third floor and I believe that was the biggest reason that it went up. Other than those, the fellows that packed us out and delivered on this end were fine. Two lampshades that were probably 40 years old were shot but nothing else was broken and nothing cracked.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Updated on 09/29/2022: We used this "moving company" (known as United Nations Van Lines) in May 2022 to take us from Texas to South Carolina. They hire drivers with trucks who may or may not have their own rig and THOSE drivers round up their own "packers and movers" who may or may not have ANY experience moving. Crews, while very nice and polite, had no idea how to pack and our belongings were transferred from smaller trucks to storage facilities several times and then, finally to a driver from California who happened to show up a full week later than expected...and Customer Service had no idea where our things actually were during that time. They expressed concern until our van arrived and everything was damaged and in complete disarray. Then they got snippy. Told me to file a lawsuit and hung up on me. Save yourself a migraine and don't believe all the fake glowing reviews.

Original Review: The reason that I chose United Regions Van Lines was because the sales guy seemed to know what he was talking about. He was very friendly, cool, always got back to me, called me with all this. But it turned out, his number one skill was lying. This company on ConsumerAffairs' website shows that they are not a broker, but they are. I know this because the man who dropped off our furniture, finally, after a week of them not even knowing where our stuff was, has his own truck. And when they found out that we were in the cab, and that we knew that it was his own truck, they got pissed. Because we weren't supposed to know that. He has his own cab, and he rented the trailer to go with it and hired his own people to do the actual move in.

My mother and I each had our own 2,000 plus square foot homes in Austin. We combined them into one home in Lexington, South Carolina. Darrell, the man who sold United Regions to me, was, “Oh, yeah, we can do that. Not a problem. We’ll go to one house first and pack," because I purchased a full pack. "Then we'll go to the next house, and we'll add on. And we'll drive it straight to South Carolina.”

Moving day, they showed up at my mother's house with a short-rented truck. Enterprise Rental. Not even the semi that that was sold to me. And they said that their truck was behind schedule, but they didn't want to not show, so there they were. That was supposed to take one day. They packed up my mother's stuff and had to go back the next day. But she had packed a lot of things ahead of time. The movers didn’t get it done. They kept complaining about how much stuff she had. But I told them that we had fully established homes that were 2,000 square feet. And I sent him an inventory as well when they asked me about how many boxes to add on to that. I went through it extensively with them and their customer service department, which is a complete and utter joke. There is nothing congenial or nice about them. They would pretend to be nice, but all of a sudden they spit fire.

The next morning, they were at her house until noon, and they came to my house. But it was like they went and unloaded all of her stuff into a storage unit and brought back the same short truck and loaded it, and got it a third full. Drove it to my house, thinking that my entire house would fit in this two-thirds space. And they left with the tailgate down and the contents of my garage, including my lawnmower, on the back of the tailgate that hung loose, and they had it strapped on with some bungees. They just wanted to leave everything behind because they couldn't fit them.

We were already late getting out on the road. We were expected in Lexington. I thought that they would transfer this to a semi, and get on the road the next day, so that they would be delayed. And I kept saying, “You’re gonna be there Monday, right?” “Oh, yeah. Okay.” They didn't sound convincing. But he said, “Oh, no, everything is good.” It took them over a week. I kept asking, “When are you going to be here? Where is the truck?” But they wouldn't call me back. They would see it with me calling, but they wouldn't pick up the phone. So, I had to go through their national line and transfer in by hitting a button to talk to customer service, and they would pick up. And they kept saying they didn't know where it was. I said, “How do you not know where it is?” She was sympathetic, but still wouldn't go there.

Finally, I got a call from the driver that he would be there the next day. They finally got there. It looked like our stuff had been handled by a bunch of chimpanzees who had thrown it. Boxes were crushed. We found lampshades in a wardrobe box with a leaf blower. It was bad. But they would only pay 40 cents per pound on an item that is damaged. Luckily, we came through unscathed in terms of anything serious. My piano made it, but they never wrapped my piano bench. They didn’t even take the music out of the piano bench, and it got there smashed. That was my first expense. I had to pay for that out of pocket, just to get it there. I have a short video of the bookshelf that is funny if it’s not so sad. We were unwrapping it with this plastic that they wrapped around it, and the whole thing collapsed down upon itself, just like those towers in Miami.

ConsumerAffairs needs to review why United Regions Van Lines was even recommended on their site in the first place because they are a brokerage, and they are scammers. I tried to call Darryl back several times, but he would not return my call. I emailed him several times, but he would not return them, too. I know he's there. Because when I called, and I opted in through the mechanized transfer system, I asked for him. The guy said, “He’s on another call. Can I help you?” And I said, “I don’t know. Can you? Will you?” So, I know that Darryl was there, but he was not responding.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I was not able to be at the location during the packing because the whole process was supposed to begin on Wednesday. The driver with the truck didn't show up until after 4 o'clock on Friday. They got held up at another job site and he was the only person that showed up with a 26-foot moving truck to move a 4-bedroom house. He started the packing process when he got there on Friday and stayed for about six hours packing boxes by himself. I went over everything that I needed to come with me numerous times. I marked certain things that needed to stay because my spouse is still at that location. I showed him specifically what was not to come with me.

But they were overwhelmed. One person came to pack and start loading this home by himself and the second person didn't show up until Saturday afternoon. Also, I had to board my dogs so that they were not in and amongst all of the stuff that the movers were trying to do. Had I known they weren't coming until 4 o'clock on Friday, I would not have had to take them to the boarding place until mid-afternoon on Friday and saved two days-worth of boarding for two dogs.

They put as much stuff as they could get onto the truck and left a bunch of other things there. For the back patio furniture, I got the four chairs but no table. I got cleaning items that never arrived. They said it's because they can't ship liquid in boxes. I offered them to use plastic totes that I had available at the home but instead, they packed those full of other things that could have gone in boxes. There's a 4x8 U-Haul full of stuff that is still at my old place and I'll have to go get it myself. I contacted the customer service department and was assured that I would receive a call from management but I haven't heard anything from them. I sent an email to the salesperson that got me all lined up and I've never heard back from him either.

When they arrived at the new location, it was 7 o’clock on a Sunday evening. Had my family not been here, it would have taken them until sometime very early Monday morning to finish unloading. We had five extra people to help the two people that came with the truck do it and they only set up one furniture item, we had to do the rest.

I had paid everything up to that point and before they would finish unloading, I had to Venmo an additional 700 and some dollars because they said that we were over the cubic feet. When you are scheduling these kinds of moves for people, it would be best to have someone come to the residence and get a visual of the things that the person is wanting to move versus having that person walk around the home and tell you everything. I was okay with the initial quote but not so much with the ending bill. I ended up paying about 3,000 over what they initially quoted me. I would never recommend United Regions Van Lines as a mover ever.

Original review: June 15, 2022

United Regions Van Lines was a well-known name so I thought that service would also remain the same, but it wasn't. I moved from Washington State to Florida. I was in a hotel room. We finally found a home. I started to call and organize the move, and it was about at least $12,000 so it was one of those things that you shop around. United Regions beat everybody's price, but not by thousands. Because of the name recognition, I chose to go with them. They have a cancellation policy to get your deposit back, which was in the amount of about four grand, but it’s within a seven-day window.

At that point, I thought everything would be fine. Once we were in the seven-day window, then they started to organize the move. That was when the $14,000 charge for the move went up to 20,000. I was within that seven-day window so that cancellation policy to get my deposit back was null and void at that point. So, I felt like I was totally scammed. I ended up forfeiting the deposit, and not throwing good money after that. I let it go. I made a complaint to Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau and never heard anything back from the van line.

Original review: June 14, 2022

For a company that is in such business, they are always ahead of the curve. They were very quick to react at the start of the pandemic and had all their teams in full PPE gear when we hired them then. When I hired them for this move, they were one of the first to be completely compliant with the new rules in New York. The California regulations were slightly different and they informed us of them in advance, too. Very efficient and professional.

Original review: June 9, 2022

We hired this company for our move recently and it is the easiest thing to rate them 5 stars. The movers were just perfect for the job – young guys who looked like they could lift the house itself if they wanted to! However, they were very gentle with our things, packing and loading them with a lot of care. They were also punctual, arriving 20 minutes before they were due to start. Working as hard as they were, they had the job done ahead of time as well. The office staff were great at their side of things, making sure we knew what was happening and when. Coupled together, all this made for a very smooth and hassle-free move for us.

Original review: June 7, 2022

This company has the best moving crew that I have ever seen, either in the United States or any of the dozen or so countries where I have lived. They have a way about them that allows them to handle even the most complicated jobs. I recently moved to New York from Canada and the movers just across the border gave me a terrible time with my oversized things. I then hired this team to move all the very same things from New York to Atlanta, GA. They did the work without a peep, completely destroying all the silly excuses the Canadians were giving me. Doing the job is one thing, but these movers also did it quickly and without any damage to anything.

Original review: June 3, 2022

This moving company takes its reputation seriously. When you see all the positive reviews that they have received over such a long time from people all over the country, you can tell that they have an established reputation based on trust and delivering on their promises. I certainly found that to be the case when I hired them for my move. The quote they gave us when we first contacted them was just a few dollars off the final price. The pickup and delivery windows were also spot on. Apart from that, the staff at the company are pleasant to deal with. They were all very polite and helpful and made our move much easier. 5 stars.

Original review: May 29, 2022

My things were just delivered by a moving company this morning and we are still in the process of unpacking but I wanted to get this review out of the way because everything they have done thus far has been just infallible. The movers were so careful with all our things when they were packing and loading that it’s totally expected that everything we have opened until now is in perfect shape. They were also very friendly while they were working at our place. It was great to have such a cool, pleasant atmosphere amidst all the chaos of moving. This move was an eye opener on how good pro movers actually are, and we are open to hiring them again in the future.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I had the pleasure of hiring this team to handle my move from Richmond, VA to Jacksonville, FL last month. This 5 star rating and review is a direct result of the fantastic job that they did. The job was pretty minor – my old place was a 2 bedroom apartment in Virginia and the new place is a penthouse in Florida. I am single so most of the things were just art pieces and my tech equipment. The movers were very careful with everything because they realized the value, but also because they are good movers. I am very pleased with the professionalism they showed in moving my things. This was my first move living on my own and I think it went perfectly.

Original review: May 28, 2022

5 stars. It is a wonder how huge the difference is when you hire a good moving company as opposed to a budget option. In my last move, I had gone for the cheaper options that seemed to be reliable on the surface. It was a disaster. Having learned my lesson, I only chose between reliable companies this time, and this was the one that won out over the others. Of course, we ended up having to spend quite a bit more than we had spent before, but I would trade the reliability for the savings in cash any day. Heck, you could even end up paying more with broken things and ‘extra charges’ with some of the cheaper companies.

Original review: May 28, 2022

This crew deserves this 5 star review. They were just perfect in the move that they did for us. We were moving our 4 bedroom house in San Antonio, TX to a penthouse in Monterey, CA. I had never moved interstate before so the logistics were just too huge to handle on my own. This moving company came highly recommended from a number of our friends, some who had used them to move to TX and others who had moved from there. The consensus was that this was one of the best movers out there. I have to say that the cost was slightly higher than I had initially anticipated. If you are okay with paying a price for quality, this company should be your choice.

Original review: May 28, 2022

We hired these professionals for our move from Oregon to Texas, which meant packing up everything from our old duplex and transporting it all the way to our new standalone home. The moving and packing was pretty tedious and so we decided to get the full package where the movers handled that aspect as well. The team made up of 3 people was very good and they packed up everything so quickly it was hard to believe. It wasn’t rushed, though, just very talented people applying the skills they had learned on the job. We have unpacked already and can confirm that they did not damage anything along the way. I think the price we paid was well worth the service.

Original review: May 28, 2022

I have finally come across a moving company as good and reliable as this after hunting for a long time. They tick all the boxes – they are polite, punctual and actual professional movers. I chose them after deliberating between 3 companies, 2 of which are huge international names. The reason we went with them was their affordability but their attention to detail also played a part. The customer service people on the phone for other companies were not as responsive as this team. If they can be like that at the start, why would I entrust my entire house to them, right? Of course, now that the move is done, it’s proven that we made the right choice.

Original review: May 28, 2022

My thanks to the entire team at this wonderful company who were involved in our move. We were shifting our 3 bedroom house in Montgomery, AL to a bigger 3 bedroom house in Cleveland, OH after the arrival of our new baby. That meant a lot of fragile stuff that had to be disassembled at our old place, packed and loaded, and then reassembled at the new house. The movers did it all with ease and you could really tell they were pros. They were also friendly and polite I am very glad that we chose them and I will be recommending them to my friends as well. We are very happy with our move so it’s 5 stars from us.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Truck supposed to be there 3/18. They were 4 hours late, overcharged, several things missing, most valuables broken or damaged, didn't arrive at new address until 4/10, had never agreed to put in warehouse or storage, items were put into 2 Enterprise rental trucks, paid for more cubic feet than was used. Had to live with nothing but what was packed for two days, floors, walls and kitchen cabinets damaged when unloaded from truck at new house etc, etc, etc! Worst experience of my entire life. I would rate them at at least a negative 10!! We checked with the BBB beforehand and they were rated an a+. Checked after all done and a flashing this company is not BBB accredited flashed up!! Would only accept postal money orders for payments... Bad bad business. Too many pictures to post!

Original review: May 27, 2022

I have been looking for a moving company like this one and am so glad that we finally found them. They are the only movers that I have come across who go out of their way to do things like the customer wants instead of trying to force the customer to accept the way they want things done. We were very anxious that our fragile collection of mini sculptures were transported using our own boxes (but packed by the movers). They agreed and we supervised the process, and nothing was broken either during that phase or during delivery. Our hope is that other companies will learn from this company and understand that people know their own things better. I would hire them again.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I am ecstatic! Nice company, that managed to complete our move from Georgia to Virginia despite a last-minute booking and did so without any fuss. Even more to the point, they did it without causing any damage to any of our things. I am not surprised that the rates were a little higher since it was a rushed job but it was still cheaper than some of the crazy prices other companies were quoting us. We also loved that the movers were on time with the delivery – the whole reason for the rush was for my husband to take a job in Virginia and the timely delivery made it very convenient. We will plan better next time but we will still hire them!

United Regions Van Lines Company Information