Get a Quote

2. Movers

4.2/5 (121 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: April 17, 2021

Kudos to my favorite moving company for pulling off another smooth and hassle-free move for us. After having used United Nation Van Lines over many times in the past several years, we know that they are a distinct cut above the rest. That sentiment covers how well they perform on the job, of course, but also how well they interact with their clients. That goes for both the movers on the ground as well as the admin team in the United Nation Van Lines office. Regardless of who you speak to, you will get the same professional and courteous tone and all the info you need!

Original review: April 16, 2021

If you have been let down by a moving company before, you need to switch to United Nation Van Lines. I have been burned twice, once with exaggerated charges and then another time with a very haphazard team that mixed things up and caused a huge mess at the destination. United Nation Van Lines, on the other hand, was on time for the pickup, were very orderly in their loading and unloading, and stayed within their advertised timeframes both times. I wish their prices were about 10% lower but after the drama from the previous movers, I gladly paid more for peace of mind.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I won’t be looking for another company if I have to move again. United Nation Van Lines was just excellent in the way they handled our move from Alabama to Pennsylvania (4-bedroom houses in both states). Not only were they able to meet their deadlines for collection and delivery, they also came in right on the dot with the final price versus the initial quote. Needless to say, we are especially happy to report that after unpacking, we found nothing to be damaged in any way. All in all, United Nation Van Lines did everything right and we could not have hoped for a better move.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Moving is stressful, no doubt, and moving company's got you by the..! Although the guys were nice the company and customer service sucks. We were told our stuff would not get offloaded during transit to our new location, and it did to a warehouse, our delivery date changed numerous times and many phone calls to the company ignored as to when we would get our belongings (there seemed to be no end), multiple damaged items with a result of a $94 credit (wet moldy mattress, broken bed foot, ripped & missing pieces from outdoor patio umbrella, broken boxes, etc, etc). When they did arrive, they would not offload our stuff without a certified check, cash or money order (this was on a Sunday, three weeks after our original delivery date).

United Nation Van Lines response
    - We do apologize that customer feels that way. But let’s take a look at the statements and see if all of them are true or accurate.
    - Not true. Pick up date for the customer was December 16th and first available day for delivery was indicated as December 30th - customer requested 15 days storage. No one would tell the customer that for 15 days the job would sit in the truck as a storage.
    - Shipment was delivered January 10th. Well withing our estimated delivery window of 17 business days.
    - We apologize for that. Settlement was calculated according to coverage on file.
    - Those forms of payment were disclosed to the customer before we even booked the job, let alone that customer signed for it multiple times and was reminded again when the truck was on the way, so customer had plenty of time to get the correct forms of payment.

- May be we don’t know how to count, but form December 30th to January 10th is only 10 days, not 3 weeks.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Given that I have been using professional moving services during years, I think I am qualified to say that United Nation Van Lines is indeed one of the leading businesses in the industry today. I used them to move a number of items out of storage in Tennessee and have them moved to my new house in Illinois. Not only did they do an absolutely flawless job but they also managed to do it ahead of schedule and within the budget. They have really made an impression upon me and I have no issue in awarding them 5 stars.

Original review: April 15, 2021

United Nation Van Lines was actually our second choice but the other company could not adjust us into their schedule. Rather than wait, we opted for United Nation Van Lines whose quote was slightly higher than what we wanted to pay. The reason we still went with them was the long list of excellent reviews they have garnered. Sure there are some outliers but that is to be expected for a company dealing with thousands of people. In our experience, they handled everything they were asked to as good as could have been done.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I think I first used United Nation Van Lines years ago and was happy with them. Using them again after all that time for this move was a pleasant surprise – many of the faces are the same at the office and their service quality has only improved. I immediately noticed that the vehicles have been upgraded, their dollies and other equipment are brand new and everything seems clean and well maintained. They are all signs of a business that takes itself seriously, something essential if you’re going to hand them all your worldly possessions. I am completely satisfied and would hire United Nation Van Lines again.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We got 5-star service from an A+ company! United Nation Van Lines really came through for us on our move from Florida to Virginia. My wife initially spoke to them on the phone and we totally loved the friendly and very open pricing approach they took with us. It was even better to find out on the day of the move that the amiable approach extended to the movers, too. As we expected from the very first conversation with their office, the final price matched the quote. There are definitely some cheaper movers out there but we’d choose United Nation Van Lines ahead of them all every time.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The guy who I spoke to originally was amazing. Great quote and very approachable. The pick up date was spot on and the loaders were amazing. After that it all went downhill. My 24 hour window of awareness of the delivery was shortened to 12 hours. The time given for delivery was not met. There was no call when they arrived. The truck was unable to drive to the storage unit when large trucks here in Vermont do it there daily. They then informed me that it would need to be loaded on a smaller truck.

I had my boyfriend arrange to meet the driver at a specific time. They were 2 plus hours late for that time. They demanded an additional $400 or they would not deliver my personal belongings. There was only 1 person to unload after the shake down. So my boyfriend, who has a bad back had to help unload. If I was there and not working would this be expected of me as a woman? So disrespectful and so disappointing. Not even sure if all my things are there because the check list was never checked off... DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! You will be sadly mistaken...

United Nation Van Lines response
    We do apologize that customer feels that way, but lets take a look at the facts and see if we deserve 1 star.
    - The guy who I spoke to originally was amazing. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - Great quote and very approachable. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - The pick up date was spot on and the loaders were amazing. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - My 24 hour window of awareness of the delivery was shortened to 12 hours. - not entirely true. Customer was advised about delivery on 25th at 8PM. Delivery happened on the 26th at 2PM. 18 hours VS 24 hours.
    - The truck was unable to drive to the storage unit when large trucks here in Vermont do it there daily. - "Large trucks" its not a professional term. Just take a look a the picture of the mud road and incline that customer referring to: https://www.google.com/maps/place/32+VT-25,+East+Corinth,+VT+05040/@44.0797363,-72.2642581,3a,47.8y,75.08h,77.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqepmWSCdbnjfXPiLwGTFrQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x4cb4fa917dc48445:0x4e5ef8c0bd1c6b2f!2s32+VT-25,+East+Corinth,+VT+05040!3b1!8m2!3d44.0805075!4d-72.2641091!3m4!1s0x4cb4fa917dc48445:0x4e5ef8c0bd1c6b2f!8m2!3d44.0805075!4d-72.2641091 "Large truck" F-150 would easily made it, but 75 feet long 80,000 lbs. tractor would not its not meant to be driven off-road. So its not our fault that customer chose that storage.
    - They then informed me that it would need to be loaded on a smaller truck. - That was necessary to complete the delivery.
    - I had my boyfriend arrange to meet the driver at a specific time. They were 2 plus hours late for that time. - not entirely true. We were running a little behind, because we did not expect such conditions and we had to arrange for the shuttle and we were in constant contact with the customer.
    - They demanded an additional $400 or they would not deliver my personal belongings. - we did NOT demanded anything. The shuttle cost according to our contract was $700. We even DISCOUNTED it to $400 to compensate the inconvenience. But looks like some people do not appreciate when you trying to help them.
    - There was only 1 person to unload after the shake down. - One person was more that enough to unload that job.
    - So my boyfriend, who has a bad back had to help unload. If I was there and not working would this be expected of me as a woman? So disrespectful and so disappointing. - Nobody asked anybody to help us unload. As we stated above 1 person was enough to unload entire shipment.

- Not even sure if all my things are there because the check list was never checked off. - To do the check off is customers responsibility, but yet again we getting blamed for that.

So all together we did a great job, as usual, but we have to take the blame for customers mistake.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I have never had a better moving experience than I did with United Nation Van Lines. They did everything I had asked for like I wanted them to but then also went over and beyond with great customer care and an understanding admin team. We were moving from TN to NY and wanted our things delivered within a specific time window so that we would be able to get several things done at once. Most of the other movers we asked turned us down flat and said it was ‘impossible’ but United Nation Van Lines just asked a few questions, then got it done just like we needed.

Original review: March 24, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines to move from our New York's 3-bedroom apartment to a bigger house in Colorado. While we had never heard of them before the move, they have built a pretty solid reputation online in terms of great feedback so we chose them ahead of other companies that come with more well-known brand names. One of the advantages of that is that their prices are quite a bit lower. That is made even better by the fact that the difference in quality from what we can tell is virtually negligible. Based on that, I give United Nation Van Lines 5 stars.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We chose United Nation Van Lines because my sister recommended them to us after the move. Like us, she moved from S Carolina to Maryland. However, her move was a 2-bedroom apartment while ours was a 4-bedroom house. Regardless, United Nation Van Lines did both jobs just as well. I am especially happy with the polite movers who were very nice to my family, even the little kids wandering in and out of the area curiously. It made for a very pleasant experience that I am really appreciative for. Last but definitely not least, their prices are very reasonable. 5 stars and a huge Recommend from my family!

Original review: March 20, 2021

I had to write a review after my recent use of United Nation Van Lines’s packing and moving services. We hired them to move from Pennsylvania to Tampa and got the full package that includes packing at the pick-up and unpacking at the destination as well. Because they aren’t really a well-known moving name, I was a bit apprehensive despite their stellar reputation in terms of reviews. Thankfully, they did not just meet my expectations but went way beyond what I thought I would get for the price. The hardworking movers and the efficient admin team all deserve 5 stars.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We are very happy with the deal that United Nation Van Lines gave us and the amazing service that came with it. Their price undercut the previous cost that we had to pay a similar professional moving company to move us to Arizona last year. Considering that moving rates increase year on year, I don’t know how United Nation Van Lines does it but they do a mighty fine job of balancing cost and quality.

This is actually our first time hiring this fine company. However, it feels like we have known the team for ages. There was always a genuine edge to their conversations with us. You can tell that they care about doing right by the customer and not just treating everybody as a number to earn money. That is true for the sales team in their head office as well as the moving men.

The practical side of their work is just beyond compare. The team of movers cleared out our 2-bedroom apartment like it was nothing, even with all the large appliances like refrigerators, washing machine and drier. I think a large part of that is their brand spanking new equipment - all the dollies were shiny and clean, and that probably made moving things a whole lot easier. The one thing I am not so sure about is how they managed to charge us such a low price. I am happy they did but I am just wondering if I missed something? Regardless, I would hire them at this price again.

Original review: March 16, 2021

United Nation Van Lines organized and executed my move pretty much like a military operation. I am not even kidding – they had these guys come in with clipboards and measuring tape and made these little diagrams on their pads about how things would fit together nice and snug. (Apparently, it saves space (which means saves me money) and also ensures minimal movement so things don’t break). Then, they rolled in those carrying things with wheels and rolled out everything in my house, snugly into that truck. The unloading and unpacking was just as good and I’m happy to give them 5 stars.

Original review: March 14, 2021

We had a pretty good run with our previous movers but opted for United Nation Van Lines because their rates are quite a bit lower but the standards and service are pretty much the same. In fact, thinking back to our 4 moves in the past few years, these guys would have saved us a five figure sum. If you are a ‘brand name’ type customer, this company is not for you. But if you want a balance of cost and quality, it is hard to look past them. We were moving our 3-bedroom house from CA to Washington.

Original review: March 12, 2021

United Nation Van Lines did a very good job of planning and scheduling our move ahead of time. They had every step of the process broken down and shared with us so that we could adjust our own schedules accordingly. The moving team arrived ahead of time and got right to work. They take their job seriously for sure! It’s a wonder how they also manage to get the timing right so accurately for the delivery as well. Even with the distances involved (we moved from NJ to GA). We are very happy to have hired United Nation Van Lines and would use them again.

Original review: March 10, 2021

The movers from United Nation Van Lines were good. They showed up when they said they would. They even showed up in Montana in a winter advisory. There were tons and tons of snow, and they were on time. They were pretty open to times. They delivered on Super Bowl Sunday in a snowstorm. They got my stuff to me. Also, my house isn’t built yet here in Montana. So, they had really wrapped up my stuff very well in blankets, they put plastic wrap over that, and then taped all that up. I had wanted to have it left that way. Normally, they would put it in your house, unwrap it and put everything together. There was an additional cost for the packing blankets, but it was super cheap and it was very worth the convenience. They’re 100 bucks. It was 25 packing blankets. So, that was really cool. That helped me out a lot.

Dear Michael,

We appreciate your feedback and we are happy that we could provide you with quality moving service.

Fill free to reach us when you in need of moving again.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

They showed up very promptly. They helped us figure out things that we didn't quite know if we were going to take or not. They were able to help us with most of the things that we had boxed and packed, and a few things that we didn't do. They moved it from inside the house to the truck to a storage facility. The coordinators that reached out to us were great. The gentleman that we worked with was Vic, and he was awesome. He found hard working people in Colorado and in Arizona, to help get our stuff out of the truck and into storage. The only concern that I have is that I know that there was a couple of pictures I could hear a crackling glass, but I couldn't tell what it was. Because until we moved our stuff out of storage to our house, we're not going to know the extent of the damage.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

United Nation Van Lines is not the most affordable moving company but it delivers quality that is far beyond the prices they charge. I have used many movers before but the 2-bedroom move from DE to MN United Nation Van Lines worked on was the best of them all and the best priced one, too.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

It was easy to choose United Nation Van Lines for my move this time since I’d had an excellent experience last year when I used them. As before, the guys turned up early, worked hard, and treated our things with care. There is no company I’d trust to move more than United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Good job by a professional team that communicates well both amongst themselves and with their clients. We were recommended United Nation Van Lines by friends who have used them several times. Just as they said, these guys are consummate professionals. Our move from a 3-bedroom house in Louisiana to a larger house in North Carolina was flawlessly executed.

Dear Ashley,

We do appreciate your review and really happy that yet another customer had great experience with our company.

Give us a call if you would need any help with moving in the future.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

We upgraded to a 5-bedroom house in Maryland and used United Nation Van Lines as our movers since they were well-recommended. We are pleased that they performed just as well as we had hoped. Not a single scuff mark on our floors or furniture and nothing broken or chipped. One box was a little damaged, but it's not a big problem. We will use them again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I remembered United Nation Van Lines from having used them a few years ago and decided to hire them again based on the good job last time. They have maintained their high standards and made my move from California back to Nevada as good as the move here. I’ll use them again.

Natalie,

Great to hear that we could meet your expectations and our services are still to your standards.

When you decide to move from Nevada again - call us, we will be waiting.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

We had the perfect moving experience, thanks to the great team at United Nation Van Lines. They were punctual and hardworking, as well as very polite to us. We chose them for the budget deal we got but the service felt absolutely premium. We would use them again and recommend them.

Dear Allan,

We are happy that we could provide you with the service you expected.

Should you have moving needs in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

We hired Moving Nation and paid them a lot of money to pack and pick up my 84 year old mom's home goods from California. It's going on four weeks and we have still not receive a date as to when we can expect her goods. They cannot go on like this indefinitely. They are probably waiting for another job in the area but we hired them on good faith and they are not delivering. They don't respond to our calls and inquiries whether by phone or email. We are disgusted. We just want our stuff and our money back for all the aggravation and stress. Mom has lots of health issues including high blood pressure and heart condition. Where is her stuff?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Horrible company, be careful! They've changed their name (Formerly Moving Nation). Terrible experience from start to finish with our long distance move. Gave us the hard sell when obtaining quotes for movers, selected these idiots because they said they had own fleet of vans/movers. They were 3 days late picking up, took 6 weeks for delivery in our new home. All the while provided zero communication and we had to call them constantly to get any updates which was usually "I don't know" from the same awful customer service rep. Items arrive broken and were delivered by movers from Allied Van Lines who apologized for condition and said they were hired last minute for the job. In the end they charged more than 3k over initial quote for very vague reasons that were never explained. I don't understand how they can have any positive reviews on here. You've been warned!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I’ll review more after they come and take it down to Corpus Christi for me. I am moving from Kansas. But so far Eric has been really helpful on what I need to do and get done and the pricing was amazing.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Sales force was very good to work with. However once they had my deposit (1/3 of total estimate) the friendly service fell silent!! Within 1 week a Moving Nation truck picked up my furniture, household items, clothes and electronics. I was informed that delivery could take up to 17 days. I was not informed that my entire shipment would be taken to a warehouse in Baltimore Maryland. Despite my numerous attempts to get information about where my 'stuff' was and when I would receive same. The company was unresponsive, ignoring my phone calls placed at the 800 number. The sales rep was mute, not returning my calls.

Approximately 3-weeks later, I finally got in touch with a 'live' person and was informed that my 'stuff' would be loaded onto a Transporter and on its way. That was over a week ago!! My next conversation with someone named Tina was to inform me that the 'trucker' was loading up his/her truck this week and heading West with 4 loads (1-Colorado 2-Nevada and 1-California). As of this date 09/24/2020, I have been unable to get any information regarding the whereabouts of my shipment, who the Trucker is or when I will receive delivery. All my belongings were picked up by Moving-nation on 08/21/2020. It is now 09/24/2020. I have this company 2/3 of the charges.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Absolutely unacceptable- 2 hours late AND doubled my quote. NO- don’t use, highly unethical. Jakob ** was misleading, and would do anything for me to sign a docusign that most people would not understand- it’s why you hire a mover! He picked apart every other quote and made me feel I was In safe hands- DON'T SIGN!!!! UNETHICAL!!!

United Nation Van Lines Company Information