Formerly United Nation Van Lines

4.3/5 (186 ratings)

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Regions Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Easy booking process
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • No international moves

Bottom Line

United Regions Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local or international moves, but positive reviews mention competitive pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Regions Van Lines Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I had never hired pro movers before this but I am convinced that this crew has got to be better than most of them. Compared to all the sob stories we have heard from so many of our friends and family who have hired movers, our move was as smooth and worry-free as can be. The truck arrived on time and the 3 man moving crew was very friendly and hardworking. They took a lot of care to not damage what they loaded. It was all delivered to us in Colorado on time and we could not be happier with their performance.

Original review: July 29, 2022

With a track record like this company has, it’s impossible not to give them 5 stars and recommend them as well. We have personally hired them 3 times with excellent results but you can read the long line of reviews from other customers as well. It takes a special kind of company to maintain that kind of record over many years. Don’t be content with just my words – read the others as well and see for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Original review: July 29, 2022

There isn't a moving company worthy of a good review, as most will say anything they think you want to hear to get you to sign a contract. This unprofessional organization is no different. Using ZOOM, the sales associate walks through your home to give you an 'accurate' assessment of your belongings and then provides an 'estimated' quote to hook you. In our case just under $10,000 for a long distance move (12 HOURS AWAY). 'A week before pickup' another person called to ask how many boxes we actually had, our quote went from under 10K to over 11K. The day of 'pickup' the driver/mover arrived with a truck and said that both quotes weren't accurate and that the move would be OVER $15K.

We arrive at our new location only to find out that the contents of our home would be sitting in a warehouse until a truck became available AND there were other families to fill the truck if our contents didn't, and as long as those families were going to a similar location. 4 WEEKS LATER our belongings were finally delivered. Most of the boxes were crushed because the hired movers didn't care how much or little a box weighed and simply stacked them without being mindful about weight or what it would do to the box below it. They only used 2 men for pickup and delivery, even when there were extremely heavy and fragile items, putting the load at risk of damage the entire time.

What made the experience so infuriating is that every time I called for an update or asked to speak to someone, NOT ONCE in a month did any one return a call, because it appears that they just don't care what kind of review they get, they just want their money!!!! As it turns out so far I am missing one box with a likely value of $1500. I've called and emailed customer service to see if someone can try to track it, she did nothing except send me a 'claims' link. I've asked to speak to numerous persons in a supervisor position to see if they could make an effort to find my missing box and continue to be told that they will call me back...it's been weeks...crickets.

The payment process was a nightmare as well. Cash or POSTAL Money Order. Nothing from a bank was good enough for them. I've been around for many decades and dealt with a lot of businesses over the years. No business in the continental US has pissed me off more than United Regions Van Lines. Save yourself a ton of grief. DON'T CALL THEM!! If I could give them a review with negative star, I most certainly would.

Original review: July 27, 2022

We stressed on the importance of timing to these guys before we hired them because we have had other movers disappoint us with erratic timing and unreliable schedules. They listened to us and made sure that we were not inconvenienced in that way. They also went a step further and gave us the option of earlier delivery if it suited us. While we did not opt for it, it was a kind gesture that did not go unnoticed. A rehire-worthy company.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Thank you. You guys made a very complicated and stressful time so much more manageable with your excellent customer service. We were able to get all our things right on time so we could start our new life in San Francisco as and when we wanted. It was fantastic to receive all our items intact for once – that had literally never happened in all our 4 moves before this one! I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for movers. 5 stars.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I shopped around and based on Consumer Affairs recommendation chose United Regional Vans as one of the companies to get a quote from. They were not the cheapest but I liked their process as explained to me. I spent at least a half hour doing a Facetime walk-thru with the salesperson and got the quote later that day. I selected them and signed a contract more than a month in advance and was given 3 day windows for pickup and delivery. I had been told someone would come out and do a walk thru at least a week ahead of time to give me a final quote. That never happened. I emailed the sales person I had worked with and got no response. Learned he was no longer with the company.

On the Wednesday before my Monday - Wednesday window I got a call telling me the pickup would be Tuesday and the QA person would call me on Friday to do a walk-through. This involved going room to room and going over the inventory and there were lots of changes. When I got the revised quote it was 50% higher than the original one. This is less than a week before I had to be out of the place I was moving from so I was stuck. The packers and delivery driver were more than an hour late for the 3 hour window I was given for pickup. By the time they were done the price had increased yet again. The guys were nice and hard workers but not always careful with my stuff. The delivery was in Tucson and it was really hot and there was just the driver and one person to unload.

One small table was broken and a large picture frame (which had not been put in a picture box or even wrapped) and a piece of furniture was chipped. There were several other small thing like tears to dog bed when they cut the tape around the dog crate which had the bed inside. Toward the end, boxes were put just anywhere. Bedroom stuff in the garage, garage stuff in the bedroom, heavy stuff put on top of other boxes. I think the guys were so hot they just wanted to be done but it made it challenging for me to find what I needed. I would not recommend them.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I would love to be able to give this great crew more than 5 stars. They were absolutely fantastic in how they organized and carried out the transfer of my things from Pittsburgh, PA to Pearland, TX. The movers I had used previously were nowhere as good in either the moving or the management of the process. Here, I could just sit back and watch as everything fell into place in the most convenient way. Very pleased with this move. Will be hiring in the future.

Original review: July 15, 2022

This company sent 3 movers to my house in Knoxville, TN to help us move to Waco, TX. The moving crew was well versed in what I would call the ‘art of moving’. I call it that because they were able to skillfully navigate the corridors and stairs of my old and new homes with amazing dexterity, all while carrying heavy and oversized loads in their arms. It was easy to tell that these were professionals who had done it many times before.

Original review: July 11, 2022

New York pretty much forced us to move with its crazy legislation and taxes. In the same way, this company pretty much forced us to hire them with their crazy deals and great service. We had hired them twice before and when we contacted them this time, they offered us a limited time promotion that saved us almost a thousand dollars off the regular price. It was the thing we needed as interstate moves are especially expensive. Their work was the same high quality despite the not high price.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I have moved over a dozen times and this was by FAR the worst experience I have ever had with a moving company. Our estimate ended up tripling and we were charged for 2,000 cu ft of stuff when the truck they put it in was physically incapable of even carrying that much. When contacting the company for information not only could they not provide details on where our stuff was they couldn't even get a hold of their own driver. In conversation with them eventually they even threatened to put our things in storage and charge us storage fees. Worst company in the nation and by far a terrible moving company.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Do not use them! Their business practices are shady and unethical. They quote you one price and you end up paying way more than that. Trying to reach them after you’ve signed with them is impossible and they use that to play dumb when it comes to asking for more money. You can’t ask to speak to a supervisor because apparently that person does not deal with customers, they deliver things that are not yours, they don’t respond if they break something that is yours. All in all, the worst company I’ve ever dealt with. I have written two complaints to the BBB in hopes to save someone else from making the same mistakes.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I did a lot of research before I picked these guys for my move from Baltimore, MD to Chicago, IL. They were the best on paper due to the way they structured their prices and the ease with which I could find information about them. The online reviews also went a long way in showing me how well they are regarded by past customers. They are just as good in person. Their work on our move was impeccable. I would hire them again.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Please do not be taken in by the Sales Estimator. He viewed my entire home on video, piece by piece and the day of pickup the estimated doubled ($8k to $15k). That's just the beginning to a very bad situation. I was told the week prior to the pickup that Lisa would call to review the items, that did not happen. The Driver would call 1 hour before arriving to pick up the load. He called 5 minutes away and did not speak English. The estimate doubled in addition to a very small truck was used to move a complete household. My Mattress ended up being strapped on the back of the truck as there was no room as well as items were not able to be taken due to the truck being too small. Wondering what my positions will look like after seeing that happen. Will the Mattress be the same as when it left my house?

They have a new phone system for the last 3-4 weeks that you are not able to reach a live person, even the crew that picked up the load couldn't reach their office. Pickup was June 25th and on July 6th, no call backs from Supervisors even when they promise to call you back. No one can tell me a date range that my belongings will be delivered (only repeat the contract terms) which doesn't help to be without your possessions. Everything that I read about in reviews about horrible moving companies is coming true with United Regions Van Lines. I strongly do not recommend this company. Customer Service is horrible if you can reach them on the phone. The Estimator under quoted after I several times requested that he go high on the quote not to have any surprises. Nope, my quote doubled at the time of pickup with no recourse. Consumer Affairs you really need to look into this company and not recommend them. Too many bad reviews.

Original review: July 4, 2022

It was an awesome experience hiring this crew for my move to Tennessee. They have an excellent customer service mentality, very receptive to your input and willing to go the extra mile to make sure that their customers are satisfied with the service they receive. I have never seen this level of attention to detail by a moving company before. They should be really proud of what they have created and achieved for one of the smaller firms in the industry. 5 stars.

Original review: July 2, 2022

This great company was the company that we hired to shift homes from Athens, GA to Dayton, OH. We chose them after thoroughly vetting their reviews and rates, and finding that they were one of the most well regarded movers across the country. It’s a wonder how and why they keep their prices in the median range when they are easily comparable to one of the premium standards moving companies. Of course, we aren’t complaining about that! We will hire them for all future moves.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I was pleased with the help I received from the representative of your company. He was very calming and explained everything so we could understand the process. This was our first move in 30 years. So we really needed a lot of help.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I will be moving to California next month but have had the bulk of my things transported there by this company already. They were very efficient in packing and transporting my things. The movers were nice and friendly, too. The reason I am giving these guys 5 stars is that they provide good service but their rates are more affordable than most other movers. It makes it possible for ordinary people such as me to afford quality moving without breaking the bank.

Original review: June 30, 2022

United Regions ended up being what I wanted and needed to move from New Jersey to Mississippi. Everything was perfect. They came and packed up everything that was left to pack, and they're even storing it until I find a house. I needed everything done in the same place at the same time and delivered to me when I needed it. That was perfect for this move because I'm doing this by myself for my entire family.

The only thing is when I would call, I could never get an answer or talk to the people that I had already been talking to. I did talk with someone this morning, and they explained to me that they're on the phone with their clients and I understood because I'm a client, and they were on the phone with me for a long period of time. it's just that I wasn't getting answers. He was explaining to me that sometimes they will answer, and if they put me on hold because they're on the call, it might take a few minutes. I was explaining to him that the problem was no one was picking up for me at all. Other than that, everything is fine. He gave me the number to call back. So, I got that straightened out. I'm very comfortable with them.

Original review: June 28, 2022

These guys moved us from Phoenix, AZ to Merrill, OR recently and they did a commendable job. Their movers are very well-versed with all the nitty gritty of doing things out of the box. Our old place had very tight stairwells, which made getting big items of furniture down really difficult. However, those guys had a way around everything and made short work of what we had assumed to be almost impossible. It worked out very well and I am happy to recommend them.

Original review: June 25, 2022

We were rushed to move a day early, the truck they said could not accommodate our house which they knew ahead of time because we were told that by the truck driver and the guys that packed up the home. Our first load arrived on time and the semi driver was great! The guys who loaded up our house or great too. The second order still has not arrived and it has been 30 days. Customer service is very rude, they do not return phone calls and cannot tell me any information whatsoever. Totally dissatisfied. I would never recommend them to anybody but unfortunately I did though, well before I knew they are horrible to deal with. I recommended them to the people who purchased our home. What a big mistake! Oh, and the price more than doubled from what I was originally quoted.

Original review: June 24, 2022

My wife has always insisted on hiring this company and it’s hard to argue with her when they keep doing such a fantastic job every time they are on the clock. Their prices are not the most affordable but I grudgingly have to agree that compared to almost all the other moving companies that we have tried, they are the most reliable and consistent. I’d love them even more if they were cheaper but you can’t win ‘em all! 5 stars.

Original review: June 22, 2022

You may come across a thousand moving companies but there is just one, best one. This was our third move with them and they were better than ever. We can always count on them to ensure that all our boxes are packed well (and waterproofed when required). In all these years, they have never lost a single one of our boxes nor broken anything. The office staff is pleasant and you can count on them for accurate information. I recommend them highly.

Original review: June 20, 2022

There have been only a few times that I have sat down to write reviews and this is one of them. This company team really worked hard to earn these 5 stars. Every person that was involved in any way in our move was able to impress us with their professionalism and dedication to customer service. That goes from the moving crew to the sales manager and to the phone support team. I am very happy with my decision to hire them!

Original review: June 18, 2022

We are writing this review of United Nation Van Lines after taking a bit of time to clear our thoughts and emotions. We hope it will help others make an informed decision on their choice of carriers for a long distance move. We know it is a bit of a long read but the information we feel is valuable and worth the time. After taking our time looking at online reviews on sites like Trust Pilot and Consumer Affairs, we chose three different companies and called all three. All could deliver the same product and the quotes were all within the same ballpark price range.

The one difficult thing for my wife and I was the long delivery windows. United Nation Van Lines informed us they had an expedited delivery option which costs a bit more. Richard our sales agent took the time to call dispatch for our route and confirm they would be able to deliver our good as promised for the additional fee. We chose United Nation Van Lines for this reason. We were scheduled for an April 8, 9 pick up with an expedited delivery window of April 12-16.

The move started as planned. The only critique we have is the call to schedule the pickup was only one day prior to the arrival of the crew. We were packed for the move so this was less of an issue. The crew showed up on time on the 8th and loaded our items quickly in under three hours as the items were staged and packed already. We were informed by Carin in Customer Service we needed to wire our payment due, since a check would not have enough business days to clear before our expedited delivery window. We were told all items would be taken to the secured storage yard and loaded on a truck for the expedited delivery.

All good at this point so far.

We headed to our new home a three day drive expecting our items to be delivered as contracted about two to five days later. As the delivery widow arrived I called and was told no our delivery was not on a truck and we would not receive our items till the end of the next week at the earliest. I called back and a second time and spoke to Carin in customer service. She agreed that was not the contract we had and said she would look into it. After a few days (I called every day) we were told the truck for our delivery broke down and they were waiting for the next truck. They did refund the expedited delivery charge and promised to get our items loaded on the next truck. In the meantime we were told not to worry the items were stored a the secure warehouse and were safe.

We were frustrated but understanding things happen, trucks break and shipping was a busy sector of the economy at the time. We made do, bought what we need and continued to try to communicate with Carin in customer service. Our biggest complaint was we could not get an answer to when we could expect our items. There seemed to be no schedule or plan for when our shipment would arrive.

On Friday the 22nd of April Carin told me they had a truck loading to head our way and we should get our goods by Friday the next week. This was correct and we did get our shipment on Friday the 29th. The truck however was not a United Nation Van Lines truck but an independent subcontractor. Two weeks late but at least we had our items back... or so we thought.

The goods as they were unloaded looked in decent condition, one has to be realistic when you move your items some things will be slightly damaged and scratched, some boxes may get a bit crushed. It’s just how it goes and the small issues we had we understood and accepted as normal wear and tear of a move. I won’t fault United Nation for that. As we began unpacking however, my wife found two boxes both from our bedroom area which had the side of the box ripped downward from the handle (Home Depot boxes) these were then attempted to be re-taped. In each box we found items had been stolen. In the first a jewelry box top was broken open jewelry, thumb drives of photos, and sentimental items were stolen. In the second two expensive pairs of sunglasses were stolen. Only valuables were missing from each box. This was disturbing. Theft is very different from damage or even lost or misplaced items.

I called Carin in customer service and explained the situation when I described the boxes she agreed it sounded clearly like theft and apologized. She stated she would inform her manager and look into it. She also took a preliminary list of items and said there was a lost and found perhaps some of the sentimental items could be found that way.

I called back several times and finally spoke with Carin’s manager Lisa a week later. When I began to describe the situation she was unaware of the theft completely, she had never been informed. She also agreed it was clearly theft. Only when I spoke to her did she contact the warehouse the goods had been stored at. A whole week of time was lost. We relayed to her we knew the items were gone and only the sentimental items and photos stolen were irreplaceable. She also apologized and told us on the back of the contract it states you should never ship items of value that could be lost.

This leaves us at the end of our review. Choosing a shipping company is a tough call. Most of us have items of value both monetary and sentimental we have to ship despite the very small fine print on the back of a page. It’s just life. People can have artwork, expensive clothes, shoes and any number of valuable items. Moving companies break items and lose items. It’s part of the business, they have the contracts and insurance to protect them in those cases. My wife and I understood damage and loss were a risk in the move, the horror stories are out there that’s why we did our research. All moving companies have bad reviews. They can’t be perfect. However theft is a different matter. It is a complete violation of the trust you put into a company to move your items, it’s not incidental to the business it is out and out a crime. For this reason we recommend individuals choose a different moving company and not United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: June 18, 2022

I was moving into a new house in Florida and hired this crew to transport all the things that I could not ship via air. The process began with some supervisor coming in to make an assessment of the cost. Once I approved the quote, they gave me my preferred move date. After that, the movers arrived on the day and loaded everything as I had requested. Delivery was made within the time window I wanted. It was fast and trouble-free.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Their customer service is terrible. They didn't tell us when they were coming. The guy kept changing the time. Also, they don't keep their word. They gave me a price for the gas, 400, and when they gave me the last papers, it was almost $800. I started the contract with them with whatever they gave me. I understand the gas price went up but a contract is a contract. And they said it would take five days for them to come but then they said they have 17 days. It was past the 17 days at that point and their prices kept going up every time I booked one item on the truck.

They are very crooked. It went from 4,000 something to close to 10,000. They took over 7,000 from me overnight and they don't wanna tell me when to expect my stuff? I will never use them again and I will never recommend anybody. It was a mess and their communication skill is zero. Matthew whom I talked with at the beginning did a nice job though. He was so nice and sweet. Also, my last delivery people were much nicer and they got the job done.

Original review: June 17, 2022

The person we dealt with all the way through, Kobe, was great. He was very good to deal with and he was very patient. The only thing was I didn't pay close enough attention when they were packing and there were a lot of things that were boxed together that should not have been. I didn't know it until I got here. They were boxes that came to the second drop-off place and I was a little disappointed at that. Also, the pricing went up tremendously. They had to go through the lobby to an elevator up to the third floor and I believe that was the biggest reason that it went up. Other than those, the fellows that packed us out and delivered on this end were fine. Two lampshades that were probably 40 years old were shot but nothing else was broken and nothing cracked.

Original review: June 16, 2022

The reason that I chose United Regions Van Lines was because the sales guy seemed to know what he was talking about. He was very friendly, cool, always got back to me, called me with all this. But it turned out, his number one skill was lying. This company on ConsumerAffairs' website shows that they are not a broker, but they are. I know this because the man who dropped off our furniture, finally, after a week of them not even knowing where our stuff was, has his own truck. And when they found out that we were in the cab, and that we knew that it was his own truck, they got pissed. Because we weren't supposed to know that. He has his own cab, and he rented the trailer to go with it and hired his own people to do the actual move in.

My mother and I each had our own 2,000 plus square foot homes in Austin. We combined them into one home in Lexington, South Carolina. Darrell, the man who sold United Regions to me, was, “Oh, yeah, we can do that. Not a problem. We’ll go to one house first and pack," because I purchased a full pack. "Then we'll go to the next house, and we'll add on. And we'll drive it straight to South Carolina.”

Moving day, they showed up at my mother's house with a short-rented truck. Enterprise Rental. Not even the semi that that was sold to me. And they said that their truck was behind schedule, but they didn't want to not show, so there they were. That was supposed to take one day. They packed up my mother's stuff and had to go back the next day. But she had packed a lot of things ahead of time. The movers didn’t get it done. They kept complaining about how much stuff she had. But I told them that we had fully established homes that were 2,000 square feet. And I sent him an inventory as well when they asked me about how many boxes to add on to that. I went through it extensively with them and their customer service department, which is a complete and utter joke. There is nothing congenial or nice about them. They would pretend to be nice, but all of a sudden they spit fire.

The next morning, they were at her house until noon, and they came to my house. But it was like they went and unloaded all of her stuff into a storage unit and brought back the same short truck and loaded it, and got it a third full. Drove it to my house, thinking that my entire house would fit in this two-thirds space. And they left with the tailgate down and the contents of my garage, including my lawnmower, on the back of the tailgate that hung loose, and they had it strapped on with some bungees. They just wanted to leave everything behind because they couldn't fit them.

We were already late getting out on the road. We were expected in Lexington. I thought that they would transfer this to a semi, and get on the road the next day, so that they would be delayed. And I kept saying, “You’re gonna be there Monday, right?” “Oh, yeah. Okay.” They didn't sound convincing. But he said, “Oh, no, everything is good.” It took them over a week. I kept asking, “When are you going to be here? Where is the truck?” But they wouldn't call me back. They would see it with me calling, but they wouldn't pick up the phone. So, I had to go through their national line and transfer in by hitting a button to talk to customer service, and they would pick up. And they kept saying they didn't know where it was. I said, “How do you not know where it is?” She was sympathetic, but still wouldn't go there.

Finally, I got a call from the driver that he would be there the next day. They finally got there. It looked like our stuff had been handled by a bunch of chimpanzees who had thrown it. Boxes were crushed. We found lampshades in a wardrobe box with a leaf blower. It was bad. But they would only pay 40 cents per pound on an item that is damaged. Luckily, we came through unscathed in terms of anything serious. My piano made it, but they never wrapped my piano bench. They didn’t even take the music out of the piano bench, and it got there smashed. That was my first expense. I had to pay for that out of pocket, just to get it there. I have a short video of the bookshelf that is funny if it’s not so sad. We were unwrapping it with this plastic that they wrapped around it, and the whole thing collapsed down upon itself, just like those towers in Miami.

ConsumerAffairs needs to review why United Regions Van Lines was even recommended on their site in the first place because they are a brokerage, and they are scammers. I tried to call Darryl back several times, but he would not return my call. I emailed him several times, but he would not return them, too. I know he's there. Because when I called, and I opted in through the mechanized transfer system, I asked for him. The guy said, “He’s on another call. Can I help you?” And I said, “I don’t know. Can you? Will you?” So, I know that Darryl was there, but he was not responding.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I was not able to be at the location during the packing because the whole process was supposed to begin on Wednesday. The driver with the truck didn't show up until after 4 o'clock on Friday. They got held up at another job site and he was the only person that showed up with a 26-foot moving truck to move a 4-bedroom house. He started the packing process when he got there on Friday and stayed for about six hours packing boxes by himself. I went over everything that I needed to come with me numerous times. I marked certain things that needed to stay because my spouse is still at that location. I showed him specifically what was not to come with me.

But they were overwhelmed. One person came to pack and start loading this home by himself and the second person didn't show up until Saturday afternoon. Also, I had to board my dogs so that they were not in and amongst all of the stuff that the movers were trying to do. Had I known they weren't coming until 4 o'clock on Friday, I would not have had to take them to the boarding place until mid-afternoon on Friday and saved two days-worth of boarding for two dogs.

They put as much stuff as they could get onto the truck and left a bunch of other things there. For the back patio furniture, I got the four chairs but no table. I got cleaning items that never arrived. They said it's because they can't ship liquid in boxes. I offered them to use plastic totes that I had available at the home but instead, they packed those full of other things that could have gone in boxes. There's a 4x8 U-Haul full of stuff that is still at my old place and I'll have to go get it myself. I contacted the customer service department and was assured that I would receive a call from management but I haven't heard anything from them. I sent an email to the salesperson that got me all lined up and I've never heard back from him either.

When they arrived at the new location, it was 7 o’clock on a Sunday evening. Had my family not been here, it would have taken them until sometime very early Monday morning to finish unloading. We had five extra people to help the two people that came with the truck do it and they only set up one furniture item, we had to do the rest.

I had paid everything up to that point and before they would finish unloading, I had to Venmo an additional 700 and some dollars because they said that we were over the cubic feet. When you are scheduling these kinds of moves for people, it would be best to have someone come to the residence and get a visual of the things that the person is wanting to move versus having that person walk around the home and tell you everything. I was okay with the initial quote but not so much with the ending bill. I ended up paying about 3,000 over what they initially quoted me. I would never recommend United Regions Van Lines as a mover ever.

Original review: June 15, 2022

United Regions Van Lines was a well-known name so I thought that service would also remain the same, but it wasn't. I moved from Washington State to Florida. I was in a hotel room. We finally found a home. I started to call and organize the move, and it was about at least $12,000 so it was one of those things that you shop around. United Regions beat everybody's price, but not by thousands. Because of the name recognition, I chose to go with them. They have a cancellation policy to get your deposit back, which was in the amount of about four grand, but it’s within a seven-day window.

At that point, I thought everything would be fine. Once we were in the seven-day window, then they started to organize the move. That was when the $14,000 charge for the move went up to 20,000. I was within that seven-day window so that cancellation policy to get my deposit back was null and void at that point. So, I felt like I was totally scammed. I ended up forfeiting the deposit, and not throwing good money after that. I let it go. I made a complaint to Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau and never heard anything back from the van line.

United Regions Van Lines Company Information