Formerly United Nation Van Lines

4.1/5 (200 ratings)

About United Regions Van Lines

United Regions Van Lines specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Regions Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Easy booking process
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • No international moves

Bottom Line

United Regions Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local or international moves, but positive reviews mention competitive pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Regions Van Lines Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Regions Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I have recommended this company to many friends who have actually gone on to hire them. In all this time, not a single person who used my recommendation has ever complained that they had a negative experience. Instead, all of them have gone or to recommend this crew to their own friends and family. And that's how you can tell that it is really one of the best companies in the business. You'll probably never see a paid ad for them in print or online. Yet, they are a thriving business thanks only to great word of mouth from clients who have had wonderful moving experiences with them. Based on my own experience more than once, I award them 5 stars.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I usually move myself but decided to hire pro movers because there are extensive repair road works going on between South Carolina and Pennsylvania. Instead of trying to keep track of the road closures and diversions myself, with an entire load of cargo, it just seemed better to let the professionals handle it for once. And handle it they did. Everything from the packing up and loading to the unpacking and placement at my new PA house, movers did a great job from start to finish. All I can say is that this company must be really good to completely change my mentality!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I hired this company for my move from Richmond, VA to Jacksonville, FL two weeks ago. Nowadays, I don't even bother to ask other companies for a quote. They end up in 2 scenarios: 1, that the price is too high, or 2, that the lowest quotes are from shifty companies that employ unreliable part-timers who are usually careless and rude. This crew, however, gives me the high quality service that I want without costing too much. They have moved for me several times and I am always impressed by their timely pickups and drop-offs. The team is also very polite and helpful. I am only too happy to write this 5 star review.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

We chose to get professional movers for the first time because we simply had too many things to pull the move off ourselves. It was a considerable cost but one that was entirely worth it, all thanks to this wonderful company. The movers handled everything from A to Z, and did it all while taking a lot of care when they were lifting and moving our things. As a result, we are completely satisfied with how smoothly everything went, and how simple it made the entire process of moving from Mississippi to Maryland for us. Very happy to recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

We hired this company to move from Augusta, GA to Naperville, IL. The 4 bedroom house itself was pretty straightforward but the complication we had was that my late father's workshop was in the back and we wanted to move it all with us for sentimental reasons. They sent an assessor down from their office who told us they would charge the same rate for the machinery despite the weight, but would send it later than the other things, which was fine by us since we don't use any of it. All our normal items were delivered as per usual, and the workshop followed about 3 weeks later. What a perfect move!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

We moved from Roseville, Ca to Pierre, SD. United Regional Van Lines was our contracted vendor. They arrived at our home in California on 10/01/22. There were 3 individuals who packed our things on the truck. They inferred our belongings would be following us in just a couple of days. We arrived at our home in SD and began preparing for our thing to arrive. After two weeks, we telephoned United Regional to inquire as to our status. The call taker was rude and told us they had 21 business days to deliver. Our things finally arrived on November 04 at 1730 hours. That is when the real issues began.

There was only one guy to unload. Our boxes were crushed and many of our things broken. Some of the broken boxes included heavy duty Craftsman hard plastic boxes. They were shattered. The driver struggled to mover our stuff and denied repeated offers for assistance. He damaged walls, banisters and, worst of all, ran a heavy piece of furniture into a metal door damaging it (it now looks like it was struck by an ax.)

I watched in disbelief as he DROPPED my gun safe…twice! He refused to place the safe where I requested. I guess I understand in that he didn’t have any help. I can’t help but think if the company sent more than one mover, our home wouldn’t be damaged and my safe wouldn’t be scratched up. But wait! There’s more. I retired as a California peace officer after 30 years of service. Several days after our things were delivered, I received a phone call from my former agency. They told me a man in Michigan had contacted them. He had opened some boxes at his home and, based on the content, determined my name and former agency.

I contacted him and gave him my address. He shipped my things to me. He told me he was reluctant to contact the movers because, based on his experience, he had NO CONFIDENCE they would do the right thing. My wife has attempted contact numerous time to seek redress. Thus far, our calls have been unsuccessful. My recommendation: ANYONE BUT UNITED REGIONAL VAN LINES! If it were possible, this would be a ZERO star review.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I did my research, and even Consumer Affairs rated this company well! But I have had trouble from day one! United Regions was not the cheapest, and due to these good reports, I forfeited a deposit with a questionable moving broker. But United Regions treated me the same, with vague pick up dates. When given a 2-day pick up window, I requested the first of the 2 days. On a cross country move, i had to make hotel reservations, dog kennel reservations, etc. Instead they moved the 2 day window up by one day; and I was given a 36 hour notice that i would be picked up one day earlier than planned. I hustled in the added stress and got ready. That truck was late, and called to ask - should he load that night (in the dark?) or in the morning (of the day I requested). So I camped out in my house on the floor that night and was loaded the next day.

Again they were late, coming not in the morning as planned; I received no phone call and had to call to get an explanation. (They had to pick up blankets and supplies.) They came in the afternoon - 24 hours later than I was told. Delivery was worse. The driver who I thought was going across country told me he would see me "Friday, but for sure Saturday" and I assumed he left the next morning, a Saturday. I was halfway through my trip when I got a call that another driver wanted to unload. I had not closed on my new house yet. This was Tuesday. I had given them first available day to drop off was Friday. So my stuff went into storage. I have been "camping out" in my new home for over a week, and was just told I would get my stuff 'next week' - well after the '7-14 day window' that follows the 'first available drip off date'. I am about to check my contract to see ramifications of their failure.

Communication with 'Logistics" is poor! and Logistics manager needs replaced! I feel like they are 'working me in', being told "they are on other jobs"- or maybe my assertive follow up calls have irritated them. As a customer, I have gotten no helpful responses. Jazmine tried to listen and help, talking to logistics; but one other customer service girl was rude and interrupted, telling me I "don't understand". Maybe they taking advantage of an older single woman? Moving is stressful! Customers need firm dates! But United Regions Van Lines increased stress with their vague dates, short notice loading, trying to unload early, and now the difficulty getting my delivery after the "window" in the contract. None of their 'logistics' worked for me, the customer!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

The best thing about this company is their upfront pricing structure, something that is far too rare in the moving industry. We were given a quote on the very first day we contacted them and it was accurate to within a hundred dollars of the final price, even though the move was carried out 2 months later. I am also very happy with the packing materials they used – all high-quality boxes, tape and waterproofing that ensure that your things are safe in transit and even when stored. I am so happy with this move from N Carolina to Ohio that I would gladly give them more than 5 stars if it were possible.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

If you haven’t heard of this moving company, you are among the unlucky few that have yet to discover that you can get really good service at a very good price. They have a pretty good reputation in the industry as people who deliver 100% but still manage to keep their prices on the lower side of the scale. We have now hired them for the third time and have yet to find a reason to complain. I would recommend them if you like quick, polite movers who stick to the times they give you, and charge a reasonable price while they’re at it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

A very reliable company that has earned our trust over several years and several moves. They have consistently performed at the very top of their game, making sure that their performance is never lacking. The team from the movers to the sales staff are so polite. The moving crew always listens to instructions and makes sure that you are happy with the packing and loading. It really is so different from most other movers in this price range. I am so happy for this chance to commend them on their jobs well done. Very easy to rate them 5 stars.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

If you have been looking for a reliable moving company, your search can end with our favorite movers, like this one. Why do we like them? Number one, they follow the schedule that is agreed upon in the contract – the truck arrives on time and they deliver right on time, too. Number two, the moving crew is perfect – they are always polite and work very hard. Number three, they are affordable – they are neither the cheapest nor pricey but right in the Goldilocks range, which makes them accessible to almost everyone. We could go on with a long list of other reasons but these are the main reasons we give them 5 stars.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I was calling around getting quotes from different moving companies. I had signed a contract with a company and then received a call from an agent Richie ** from United Regions Van Lines. When I told him I was not interested anymore his demeanor was very aggressive and wanted to know who I signed with. I told him that I was not interested anymore and hung up. He then proceeded to text me the following.---Mrs Rude, I was trying to keep you from moving with a broker. I hope you get screwed by a broker and never see your stuff again.--- When I called him back from that number he text me from **. He proceeded to tell me that I was rude and yelled at me for hanging up on him.

When I asked to be transferred to his supervisor he hung up. It is not easy being in the customer service business I know because I am in it. This is completely unacceptable and would never trust somebody with this type of attitude providing me a service like moving long distance with my belongings. United Region Van Lines is listed as one of ConsumerAffairs top movers and think they should reconsider this recommendation.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

My first impression before hiring this crew was that they were a basic no-frills company but that was way off the mark – after they did such a great job of our move from Vineland, NJ to Lebanon, OH, I can only say that they are a company that prices themselves low but manages to perform at a level that you would expect from a much more expensive one. Firstly, they are very respectful of your time. Never being late is one thing but they also call ahead to ensure that you know they are about to arrive. These little things made for an excellent first time hiring them.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Your insurance won't pay for the damage that occur, sent picture, damage the floors, frame and baseboard. Scratched and bent refrigerator, broke the water line, glass shelves missing in refrigerator, screws or missing. Furniture all scratched. Wasn’t like that on the truck, Hope Chest broken two parts, crystal frames broken, pictures are torn. These were 200.00. These were professional photographs. Fireplace all the back is off and torn. Tupperware large bowl cost 35.00. Claim adjuster gave us nothing for some of these items. Broke 65 inch plasma TV. Cost 800.00. Bookcase has a big hole. 480.60 does not cover these damages. This adjuster was horrible at CSI. I called your office and talked with Lisa. She was rude and did not care how that happened. She even told me I should expect the floors would be damaged.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

5 stars and 3 cheers for such great company! They made my first time using a professional moving company such a delight! Until now, I had just hired a truck and had friends help with moving. This time, it was such a pleasure to be able to kick back and watch true pros handle the affair without having to get involved. The movers were fantastic! They were friendly and made sure that my fragile boxes were well taken care of. It was a different delivery crew in CO but they were just as good, which speaks volumes about the entire team.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Do Not use this company. They arrived thinking they only had to load and were very mad when they realized they had to pack. They had no packing experience and the fasted pack out I have ever seen but on the other had most things were not packed. Just thrown into a box and what they did pack they used my clothes in my closet to pack with leaving me with many ruined clothes and many broken things tables, mirrors, whatnots, dishes, ruined my tool cabinet now it won't lock or close well. A huge vase that was passed down from family broken, it was not wrapped. Large mirror broken not wrapped. Too many things to mention.

For compensation you need before and after pictures. Who takes pictures of everything they own for a move from shirts, pants cups plates, glasses, doesn't sound like much but it all adds up. The man in charge spoke little to no English. The workers got into a fight in my front yard, yelling and cussing at each other and he did nothing. When I confronted him he denied it. They were throwing our things in the truck with no regard to our possessions. So many things happened that day I just can't put it all in words. I am 66 years old and disabled and very stressed still over this experience. Please heed my warning Be careful with this company.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I was moving from a studio apartment in Nebraska to a 2 bedroom apartment in California for a new job and this company was recommended to me by my brother who has moved numerous times with them. Even though my old place was pretty small, there was quite a lot of stuff in it and the movers spent a few hours packing it all up and loading it in their van. They still finished faster than I had anticipated so kudos on that. I took delivery of my things at my new place and a different team of movers helped me move in there. Great service again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

We hired this company after we heard from several former customers that they are an excellent company. We agree but because everyone has their own criteria, here are our own reasons. 1. They were punctual at every stage, from the pickup to the drop off. 2. They were accurate with the estimate of final charge so no surprises. 3. They were polite, and that means the phone operators as well as the movers themselves. 4. None of our things were damaged when they were transported – everything arrived safe and sound. So, I rate them 5 stars and recommend them highly.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Though they start off with care and courtesy, after a few hours, times are handled roughly and not secured nor packaged nearly as well. Despite repeated requests to cover the carpeted stairs, no care was taken and the the carpet was soiled to a point beyond even cleaning and required being removed and replaced on the stairs. Grease, oil and the rubber from the two-wheelers being dragged up and down the stairs. This resulted in an additional expense for the sale of the house.

At delivery, again the same scenario…in the start, care is taken but after a few hours, furniture is handled roughly, damage resulted in an expensive end table being scratched very deeply and unrepairable as well as, an armoir was dropped on the stairs as the guys did not communicate with each other. This resulted in damage to brand new wood floor, new wood stairs, the opposing drywall near the stairs. Prior to the delivery, it was requested that a covering be applied to both the new hardwood floors and stairs, this was ignored. The pricing was increased twice from the initial quote. Buyer should beware and seek other more reputable companies that will adhere to their original pricing. Delivery was delayed until the last day of the stated required days in the contract.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I have had a lot of experience with movers because my job involves revolving posts around the country and even abroad. I have hired this company before and also used many other moving companies. In all these years, this crew is the only one that I have both rehired and also recommended to others. The difference is simple – this company values its customers as long-term clients instead of temporary ways to make money as much money as possible. They are priced in the medium range, too, which means that you don’t have to pay through your nose for great service.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

F-. We have NEVER had such a terrible move. It was totally unsatisfactory. I am working on our claim now. I have a large number of pictures to put with problems with our move. A very large number of problems. And we don't complain but this is beyond possibly letting it go.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I am a returning customer for this company and the only reason I keep hiring them is that they have always exceeded my expectations. Every move with this really well-run moving company has been a revelation in terms of how such privately run company can beat the biggest names in the business just by providing the best service possible. I get a very neighborly vibe from them, like I am getting a group of friends to help me move. They are up for any request and can accommodate their service to your schedule and special requirements. Fortunately, they keep their prices in the affordable range despite the high standard. (I was moving from Florida to Tennessee, 3 bedroom house).

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I can't even begin to explain what a horrible experience this was from start to finish. I would NEVER EVER EVER recommend them to ANYONE!!! DON'T USE THEM. BEWARE!!! They have the worst customer service in the world and they still have my check from June 26th that they decided not to cash.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

I have been trying to get a good and reliable moving company for years and finally succeeded when I found this company. You probably will not recognize their name from some major TV ad campaign and they aren't a household name but in my personal experience, their performance can match up to anything that a customer can throw at them. This was technically the second time I have hired them because I had them move my new wife to Virginia and then followed up myself a week later. Both times, they performed their duties to my full expectations. The movers were always on time and did a quick and safe job. They were also polite, which you can't always expect from moving companies! I recommend them highly.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Well, I agreed to use United Regions because after talking to the sales rep, I was told it would be $4000.00 to move my belongings from AZ to WA. I signed a contract for this transaction. I thought that was a fair enough price. When their driver got to my daughter's residence, he called and told me it would be an extra $2000.00 if I wanted all of my belongings (this, after he was 4 hours late arriving for the pick up). I told him I was not paying extra, so my daughter had to pick and choose what to send. The driver left over 1/2 my belongings in AZ.

I left a message for the sales representative, then called his co-worker, who straight up told me that was wrong, that the extra cubic feet the driver quoted me should only be $400.00. He then gave me a number for someone in customer service, who, after hearing my story, said she'd have to look into it, and would call me back. That was Tuesday. My stuff still isn't here, and nobody is returning my phone calls. I will not be recommending this company to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

It has been a long time since I hired professional movers but my expectations were not only met but exceeded by this company. They provided me and my family a premium service that included an assessor who visiting us to give us an estimate, 3 movers, a very large truck with ample space, high quality packing boxes and waterproofing, The moving crew was dressed in crisp and clean matching uniforms. They were very friendly and polite to us. Not only but they were hard workers, too. Our 5 bedroom house was packed up and loaded within the space of a morning. They made delivery at the exact time that they had scheduled it. 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

My experience of moving with this company this time was even better than the last (where I also awarded them a 5 star review). The movers were different but the professionalism and dedication to the job was the same. The reason I am more impressed this time is that the price we were quoted by them was about 15 percent lower than the next most affordable quote. That's quite a feat for a company that maintains such high standards and continues to push the boundaries of what a private business can deliver to its customers. Don’t hesitate now – hire them!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

My first experience with this crew was a couple of months ago when we hired them to move some of our old things into storage in Maryland, where we used to live. The job they had done with the first move was enough to give us the confidence to entrust the rest of our things into their care as well. In this move, we hired them to move all the things from our old house in Maryland as well as the things in storage to our new home in Florida. The movers were different for this move but they were as good as the first crew. We had a very positive experience and would hire this company again. 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

We have been hiring movers to move our staff around the country for many years and this company has been our regular moving company for the past several years. This time, we used them for the first time for our own home move. Our employees have always praised this company to the skies and we know why. The organizing team makes for a very smooth operation and they have the right manpower to do a flawless job on the ground. There is no doubt we will continue our professional partnership with them but we now know personally how good they are as well.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Some of the people who work at this company should get a pay raise, no matter what their salary is currently. One such person is their sales manager who handled and oversaw my move. She made the effort to understand my situation, present all the best and most relevant packages to me, and took a great deal of time to explain all the factors that affect cost, etc. Another 2 are their phone support operators. I called several times before the move and during transit and they patiently explained things to me. I rate them 5 stars.

United Regions Van Lines Company Information