3.4/5 (41 ratings)

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that aims to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts has handled interstate moves for more than 10 years and has provided commercial and residential relocation services for more than 500,000 customers.

Pros

• Free quotes
  • Packing services
  • Corporate relocation services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers. It offers free online quotes and promises lower prices than what competitors charge.

Moving APT Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 29, 2022

I booked my cross-country move with MovingAPT and the sales guy was great "You are covered with us on insuring your things, we use the best movers"...And then QA and scheduling and pickup started. QA was rude and difficult, managers were unwilling to help. They used Big Shoulders Moving and Storage to move my things which was the worst thing to ever happen. Not only did they take 15 hours to move a 4 bedroom house into a truck. But they took 16 days to get me my things across 1200 miles. My things were delivered with the industrial treadmill broken and unable to be fixed, L shaped executive desk destroyed, 2 bookcases broken. When I filed to be made whole... I was offered $75 because they felt that was fair for almost $5000 of product. Please find and use anyone but this company when you search for a reputable mover.

Moving APT response

Please note that Moving APT was the customer's booking agent. The customer’s goods were transported under the authority of Big Shoulders Moving and Storage, whom the customer’s contract was with. Nonetheless, we are always here to assist and mediate between customers and their carrier whenever necessary. Please also note that the customer`s claim was processed based on the selected coverage option that the customer chose for their move. The customer opted out of purchasing any additional insurance. Furthermore, the customer`s claim submission did not come out to $75 as the customer is stating. The $75 that the customer is referring to is just something extra that Moving APT wanted to add to the customer`s claim as a courtesy compensation from our part for the inconvenience, on top of the customer's Claim amount from their movers Big Shoulders. This was not part of the customer`s claim, but just a courtesy compensation from us. Our offer remains open for the customer, should they wish to accept.

Original review: June 27, 2022

We just completed the second stage of a maneuver that we did earlier today. In terms of cross-country moving, they are the best I've ever dealt with! It is a great option for anyone who cares about their possessions and is looking for a safe place to keep them.

Moving APT response

Wonderful to hear Reece! Thanks so much for the review!

Original review: June 23, 2022

Cannot say enough things about these guys. We had several heavy specialty items, and they could handle it all! His team lead, Mike, was fantastic. Ashton was attentive and ensured everything leading up to the day was taken care of. He ensured we knew they were there to serve us in any way. They packed each furniture item carefully and reassembled each piece the same way as before. They had a FULL day's work, never complained, only smiled, and checked in regularly to ensure they were putting things away properly. Don't think twice about this company. I will recommend them to anyone.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much!! They are some of our best!! :)

Original review: June 22, 2022

Moving APT was efficient from start to finish. They also gave us suggestions on packing specific items. They were much more secure with our items. It was a two-bedroom and two-bathroom house. We also had three stories, so these guys had to go up and down many stairs. We recommend this company if you look for quick, efficient, and helpful professional movers.

Moving APT response

Thank you Daniel! We really appreciate the review and feedback!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Moving APT contracted Hercules Movers and Packers to move my belongings from Texas to Georgia. It's been over a month and they never delivered my belongings. Based on the contract they are supposed to deliver within 21 days. Now, they are not returning calls, texts, and email, and the phone number listed for the movers is out service!

Moving APT response

Please note that Moving APT was the customer's booking agent, and Hercules Movers & Packers was the company who their moving contract was with, who picked up and transported the customer's goods. Our Customer Care Department tried reaching the customer on 7/6 and again on 7/8 and left multiple messages, to advise the customer that Hercules Movers had confirmed their delivery would be on 7/12, but the customer did not respond or get back to us. Our Customer Service Department has also tried reaching the customer to see how their delivery went and to make sure that Hercules Movers compensated them for any delay, but again, the customer has not gotten back to us. The customer may get back to us at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com if they have not yet been compensated by Hercules Movers and would like our assistance with this, as we have previously offered them, or for anything else they may need. We take a great deal of pride in our services and would be happy to step in and take care of the customer's compensation ourselves if this has not already been done so for them.

Original review: June 20, 2022

They were super-efficient and took excellent care of our stuff. They wrapped our furniture and had no problem moving a heavy bar cabinet and futon down the stairs. They moved everything in and carefully and efficiently ensured everything got to the suitable rooms. Highly recommended from my side! They explained everything thoroughly in the initial quote to ensure I understood everything they would do.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for your recommendation Aaron! :) Best of luck in your new home!

Original review: June 15, 2022

From the first call with Mason until the end of the move, this is a fantastic company to move anyone. It was great to have my initial contact at the company doing the moving. The movers were 4 minutes early and were very accommodating. These guys hustled their butts off. They didn't go slow on purpose to work longer hours to get paid more. Highly recommend these guys. They will make every move of mine in the NY area.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Michael! We're so happy to hear!! :)

Original review: June 9, 2022

I am making a complicated move. Leaving things behind, going to storage, and moving. My packers Matthew made this packing experience a breeze. They were so nice, efficient, and dealt with all the chaos of this move to make things easier on me. This is my 12th move, and it has been one of the best.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much David! We hope to hear from you again should you need another move! Best wishes!

Original review: May 25, 2022

It went relatively easy with Moving APT. They came on time and helped me. They were very patient until I found some parking for them on my very narrow street in Brooklyn, New York. They helped me get everything out and finished doing the last little bit of packing that I had left. They brought my stuff from New York to Philadelphia and they were here on time. I thought it was gonna be a nightmare but they were very amiable.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for your review Yvonne! We're glad to hear everything went well for you! Best wishes! :)

Original review: May 24, 2022

The representative of Moving APT was good. He was straightforward and talked very practical about what to expect. However, the initial quote and ending bill were very inaccurate. I talked to somebody from Florida for the initial. The quality assurance for the adjustment was different. That was when it changed. After the QA, when the movers picked up my stuff, they changed it again. After I was assured after the QA that those were the final prices, the movers changed them again. It changed four times throughout the whole process. It kept increasing.

I wasn't also favorable of the moving crew. When everything was brought over, they were four hours late. We had to work really hard to get things done. I only had one person that I could talk to. The other folks could only speak Spanish. The end of it was also unusual because they wanted tips afterward. I gave what I could give them at the time. It wasn't the best experience. They also came over here and brought a bunch of stuff that we got to throw away. Our couch, the middle part is completely destroyed. Anything that I didn't box up got substantial damage. Our antique furniture that was passed down two generations was also damaged.

Moving APT response

Good afternoon, please note that Moving APT was the customer's booking agent. We are very sorry to hear that the customer was not happy with their experience with their moving company, Overland Van Lines. Unfortunately, Moving APT was not aware of this until now. There is no record on file of the customer ever contacting us to advise us of their experience with Overland Van Lines. Nonetheless, we are still happy to assist. Normally, claims are filed through Overland. However, we are happy to make a courtesy exception and take care of the customer's claim ourselves through our own account with the Claims company. Our Customer Service Department has now reached out to the customer to offer our assistance with this. Likewise, the customer may also reach our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. Thank you.

Original review: May 21, 2022

As we talked with the sales rep, everything seemed clear and everything was squared away, and then three days before, as we talked with the customer service, the rep told us that everything we'd been sold on wasn't accurate. We were a couple of days out from the move so, it didn't sound like that was gonna be a realistic possibility. We were locked into it and we'd already paid. We were told it was 1,800 but they asked if I could stretch it. It could be closer at 2,500 and it was okay. That was reasonable. The guy hadn't said the total price was 4,400. That catches you off guard, especially when you can't do anything about it at this point because they have your stuff. And if you don't pay, you're not getting your stuff back.

We were told we would get 24 hours heads-up in terms of drop-off. I got a call a couple of hours prior asking if we were gonna be in town. Otherwise, they were gonna charge us more for not being able to drop off. I was able to pick it up because I canceled something so I wound up staying around. And they wound up being about four hours later than what they predicted delivery was, which I understand traffic. Then, they had us sign for everything that got delivered before it got dropped off so we couldn’t review that nothing was broken or everything was there. We had to sign before they would even open the truck doors. Then as they came back up after everything was signed, he said to see where there was a long carry. We have already paid long carry at pick-up and I asked him to explain. He said that if I don't give him $400, he was gonna put it on the street for me. It was 9:00 p.m. on a Sunday night. So, the experience wasn’t great with them.

I understand that an estimate is an estimate but our total price was around 4,100 and there were different fees that were thrown in there, which I've been trying to get clarity from Moving APT. I've called four times and I've been told each time that I'm gonna get a call back and still have not gotten one in regard to the other pieces including some broken stuff that hasn't been addressed either.

Moving APT response

Please note that Moving APT was the customer's booking agent. The customer's moving company was Pack Master Movers LLC, not Moving APT. It seems this is who the customer is referring to in their review. Nonetheless, we are always here to assist and mediate between a customer and their movers whenever necessary. Please also note that a customer may cancel their reservation at any time, even once the goods have been loaded, and the goods would simply be unloaded, as well as the customer provided with a full refund, no questions asked. There are no cancellation fees, and no money is ever kept for a move that was not serviced. Upon being advised of the customer's complaint, our Customer Service Department immediately reached out to the customer to offer our assistance, and we are currently helping the customer with this. We have offered to take care of the customer's claim ourselves so that we may ensure that the customer is compensated. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com should they need assistance with anything else while their claim is in process. Thank you.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I called Moving APT and talked to a gentleman by the name of Pete. I checked a couple of other companies, and all the information he gave me, the price and how they operate, I was very satisfied with. When they picked the stuff up, two gentlemen were there. I was very surprised how efficient they were in packing and how fast. In two and a half hours, they had the stuff packed and loaded. When Paul first gave me the price, he asked me how many boxes and totes I’d have, and I told him I wasn’t sure. He figured so many there, and he said if there was more or less, they'd adjust the price. We paid a down payment and the two payments afterwards, and they were pretty close to what they were. It was an excellent experience with Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jerry! Best wishes in your new home! :)

Original review: April 23, 2022

We ended up with Moving APT because of the price. The representative was absolutely wonderful. There were some little additives that had to go on there that he missed, but he was really prompt in calling me and telling me what those were. The pack-up crew was absolutely wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed them packing everything up. But they could have been a little gentler with our stuff. We had a lot of broken picture frames and glass. The Princess House glasses got broken. But we understood what was going on and we knew the chances so everything's okay.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review, Robert! We are also so sorry to hear that you experienced a damage. If you have not filed a claim for this yet for compensation, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to help you with this! Thank you again!

Original review: April 21, 2022

My experience went really well. We did the inventory over the phone and the rep explained exactly what was going to happen. The only issue I had was when they did the inspection when they picked up. They said some things weren't on the list and I wound up having to pay a couple 100 bucks more. But overall it was really straightforward. The delivery went great. It's a good service. I recommend them.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for you review and your recommendation Clint! It is greatly appreciated!

Original review: April 18, 2022

The packers, whose names I've unfortunately forgotten, were fantastic. I felt very confident that nothing would break or be lost (for the first time in my moving life!), and I was correct! John, who assisted the driver, was outstanding! Very personable, competent, helpful. I would hire him to work for me any day.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate your review and you choosing us to assist you with your move! Best wishes! :)

Original review: April 14, 2022

The only inconvenient thing was they said they could take my motorcycle but a day or two before the move, they said they can't take it. They gave me a different service and they gave me my money back for that. It was a little frustrating. We kept calling back and forth about it. It sounded like they were giving me a runaround. But other than that, the people that moved everything in the house were good and very polite.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Joshua! We do apologize about the motorcycle, but are so happy to hear that everything else went well! Best wishes!

Original review: April 13, 2022

The pickup and delivery went very well. However, there were a lot of hidden costs that the actual company didn't mention. They had never said anything about an extra charge for stairs. I also told them that I couldn't get into the apartment until a certain day. But they had the driver come immediately, so I had to pay an extra day for him because they didn't say anything.

Moving APT response

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, Derek. We are glad to hear that the move went well overall. Our apologies for any confusion... upon reviewing your file, we do see that the fee for the additional labor for stairs was explained prior to your move, and we also see that you received a discount for being available for immediate delivery and not needing storage, which this discount would not have applied if you would not have been ready for immediate delivery. Nonetheless, we are happy to work with you to assist you with these fees. We are having our Customer Service Department reach out to you about this now. For your reference, you may also reach them at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com.

Original review: April 11, 2022

They were late picking my stuff up due to a snowstorm, which I understood. But they were supposed to drop it off on the 6th of April and they didn't get there till the 11th. They also charged me $300 extra or they wouldn't unload my stuff. I was supposed to pay 921 and they made me pay 1,221 before they’d even unlock their little trailer. They also didn't come there until 10:30 at night and it's a retirement home. Everyone was sleeping. Then they just threw everything in a shed. The lids were broken. I had three wardrobes and all my clothes were wadded in the bottom of the boxes. It was awful.

Moving APT response

Please note that Moving APT is a booking agent. We were not the customer's movers, nor were we whom the customer is referring to in this review. Nonetheless, we are happy to step in and assist if the customer feels they had any issue with their moving company. Our Customer Service Department has just reached out to the customer in order to help them with any unresolved issue with their movers. If there was a delay and a damage and the customer's moving company has not yet compensated the customer for this, we ask that the customer please get back to us at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com so that we may ensure that the customer is compensated for any of these inconveniences. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2022

The Moving APT rep I worked with was Thomas. He was a little gruff. He would call me or ask me to call him at weird times. It didn't strike me as the most normal business. But he was nice, helpful and everything worked out. Their documentation of things was not perfect, though. Certain pieces of information were not consistently being passed along. I told every single person in the whole process that there was no elevator at the place where we were moving into and yet, every new person I talked to was like, “We see there's an elevator in the place in Chicago.” I kept saying, “No elevator,” all the way to the point where the physical movers got there on the front end. They were dismayed. One of them was complaining the whole seven and a half hours, it took them to move the stuff into our apartment.

Moving APT response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Jon. We truly appreciate it, as it only helps us improve. Best wishes!

Original review: April 9, 2022

The initial move was fine from New York. But the company that was hired to do the drop-off in Florida was awful. The guy had a really bad attitude. But Moving APT in the front end was great. That worked out well.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for providing feedback, Russ. We are so happy to hear that your pickup went well, but at the same time so sorry to hear that you were not happy with your delivery experience. We are having our Customer Service Department reach out to you to get further details from you and to offer any assistance that we can with this from our part. You may also reach them at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. Anything we can do for you, we are happy to help.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had a very good experience with Moving APT. The estimate was accurate and there were no surprise increases when it was time to pay. They were very professional. The move was from North Carolina to New York and it took them about a day and a half. Communication was fantastic. There was no delay and the driver arrived when he said he would within the time window that they gave me.

Moving APT response

We're so glad to hear Janetria! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Original review: March 30, 2022

The rep was cool. I gave him my inventory list and he took detailed notes on his end. He quoted me a rough price of $2500 and it was all pretty smooth. On the day of the move, the driver told me that the price was $2400 but that was because I had quoted them stairs but there ended up not having to be stairs. The driver's team wrapped everything up and packed it in the truck, which was excellent. They did a really terrific job.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Devon! We're so glad to hear that everything went well! :)

Original review: March 29, 2022

The guys who packed up the stuff did it really fast. They had it all packed up in a couple of hours or so. But I didn't understand their process as to why I have to wait so long to get my stuff. They picked up my stuff on a Saturday evening and they brought it to Maryland but they kept it there for over a week. But the movers that came and got the stuff were really good but they spoke broken English so it was a little bit hard to understand them.

As far as communication with the people in the office, it was okay. But I was the one who had to keep calling and double-checking on things and as far as how you had to pay it, too. You had to make the initial deposit, and then when they came to get the stuff, I had to pay that. Since it was over the quote, I was charged more money for it plus all the extra stuff that was included. Once they delivered the stuff, then they wanted another payment.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for using our services Trish, as well as for your feedback! If there is anything that we can do to assist you, even though delivery has been completed, and make this experience a bit better for you, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. Thank you again.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I was notified of the company that would be in charge of my move a bit late. It was within the window when I could no longer cancel to get my refund. I looked at the moving company's reviews and complaints and it was a bad set of information. They do business as Roadrunner Moving but their company name is Polaris. Furthermore, when I went on the FMCSA website, it says their insurance was not in good standing. I contacted Moving APT to find out if this is okay. They mentioned that they've always done business with this company and they were fine. They also told me that I will be able to get full coverage insurance through this moving company. A few days before, I was calling them to find out when they’d come get my moving items.

They did not show up until the last day of my five-day window. That was a Sunday and I was expected to vacate my apartment on Monday. So my stress levels were through the roof because no one was contacting me. Also, they did not have sufficient packing material and they used all my packing paper and the little bit that they had left. I even gave them extra boxes to use because they came unprepared.

I was told to tell them about high-value items and I said, "My couch, two beds, my TV and my computer". They just continued packing and they got most of the stuff packed in six hours. However, they were having issues with my couch I was telling them what they should do but they didn't really listen to me. I had to help them move the couch over the second-floor balcony which was not the safest. They finished everything around 12:30 am and I had to be there for all of that.

Also, the truck they showed up in was a rental truck from Hertz Truck Rental and what they had was a printout of their MCN or DOT number taped to it. Because I wasn't sure what was going on, I ran to Best Buy to get some AirTags and I placed three of them amongst my items so I could track everything. The next day, I tracked my items and they had moved my items to a storage facility in Pasco, which was just 10 miles away from where my apartment was at the time. The items stayed there for close to a month. I emailed Moving APT that Roadrunner had an issue with their insurance and that it's not in good status. Then their entire status as a transporter got revoked by the FMCSA. So they were no longer in good standing with the FMCSA. So, I started panicking. No one at Moving APT responded or said anything to me.

I finally got information that my items are on the next transport coming over to the eastern part of the country. It ended up in Florida where it stayed for a few more days before I got a call late on a Sunday evening, telling me that I should expect my items delivered in the morning. It was over a month and a half before I got my items. The kicker that I got was when the movers pulled up, it was not Roadrunner. They subcontracted my items to another company and did not tell me.

They contracted it out to a company called Top 10 Van Lines and the guy was saying, “Oh, we need payment before we unload. And I was just like, "Who's gonna pay for the late deliveries?” He said, “I don't know. That's not my thing. We were just contracted out to move this here.” I was able to pay a part of the fees through Zelle because Zelle allows up to $2,000 the same day. And I had to figure out how to get them the rest of it. I didn't even know how much I was gonna be paying for this part because I thought there was gonna be a deduction with the late fees.

I got a money order and they said, “All right. Okay, I guess we're ready to go.” They took out a measuring stick to measure from where they parked and walked all the way to my apartment door plus the stairs. So I got charged an extra $425 even though the contracted amount was supposed to already include a second story. They charged the distance to the apartment. The issue wasn't the fact that they charged that. It was the fact that they relocated the truck to a closer position and moved everything across the lawn so that it will be easier for them. So I got charged for them being lazy. When they delivered my stuff, some of my tools from my toolboxes are missing and so was my step ladder. Also, my TV was broken and when I looked at the box, there was no packing in it for any support. With the limited liability insurance at 60 cents per pound, I'm not gonna get anything back for any of this.

Moving APT response

Moving APT truly apologizes for any negative experience you may have had with your moving company. As a booking agent, we do confirm that any company within our network is licensed, vetted, insured, and in good standing at the time of the move. There is also no such thing as no longer being able to get a refund even though you are within your window. Moving APT does not charge anything for any move not serviced, despite at what point before or during pickup it is cancelled. Although we do appreciate your feedback, unfortunately, we do not show that anyone from Moving APT was contacted during this time in order for us to step in and assist, as we were unaware that any issue was experienced until now. Upon contacting your movers regarding this, it seems that you were speaking to employees of theirs and not ours. Moving APT was unaware that you had any negative experience in your move, and we again apologize. Nonetheless, we are still happy to assist you with anything left pending with your movers. If you were not compensated for their delay and/or for any damaged item, please reach out to our Customer Service Department, and we would be happy to assist you in filing your claim ourselves without you having to go through your movers. We also have a good faith account set aside for courtesy compensations in order to make sure that you do receive compensation. You may reach our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or cs@movingservicesteam.com. Our Customer Service Department has also reached out to you at the time of this response and awaits your reply if you allow us to assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Moving APT was the least expensive quote I received for my cross-country move. That translated to complete dissatisfaction with the entire process. I received my belongings after 34 days, just to have things arrive broken or damaged. Throughout the process, I attempted to get a delivery date from Carmen, who wasn't helpful at all--just to have her lie to me for weeks, telling me that I would receive my belongings in a made up number of days, whichever she decided on that day.

At the beginning of the process, they referred me to a vehicle hauler, which was another broker. Again, more lies. On the day before I was set to leave town, I still wasn't able to hand over the keys to my car. So I canceled the pickup, just to receive a phone call where I was insulted and called stupid. When I told Moving APT who they had referred me to and what had happened, they didn't respond or seem to care at all. Avoid Moving APT, and do research into their d/b/a's to know who else to avoid.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent. The customer's moving company was Cross Town Van Lines, whom the customer's moving contract was with. Nonetheless, we are always here to assist customers and mediate between them and their movers whenever necessary. Upon being advised that the customer had experienced a delay and a damage in their move with Cross Town Van Lines, Moving APT immediately took it upon ourselves to activate our private account with the Claims company just so the customer could file their claim through us, rather than through Cross Town Van Lines the way that it is supposed to be, since Cross Town Van Lines is the liable party. Regardless of this, we wanted to be able to monitor the customer's claim to make sure that they were compensated, so for this reason we made this courtesy exception for the customer. We do not understand the customer's review, as we feel we have gone above and beyond our standard services just to assist the customer. However we are still here for anything else that they may need assistance with.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

The team manager from Moving APT and team are the BEST! They are dependable, friendly, and can pack a POD amazingly. The movers understand how stressful moving can be and put you at ease. Customer service was 100%. Recommended to all.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jaden! Best wishes in your new home!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

One of the worst companies I have EVER worked with!! Once you book with them and give them your deposit, it is almost impossible to get hold of them after that. They hired out another moving company to do our move, which turned out to be a scam company. We paid Moving APT to have the movers repack a number of boxes and for a number of packing materials. This money apparently never went to the movers and then the movers that they hired out charged us another $650 for that. The movers did a terrible job at repacking- everything was literally thrown in boxes and so took up extra space (which we were charged extra for).

When the movers brought us our items they gave us 20 minutes' notice. ALL of our furniture was damaged as well as other bits. Worst of all was that about $6000 worth of our items had been lost/stolen. This happened 2 months ago. It is almost impossible to get hold of Moving APT and they are taking no responsibility for hiring a scam moving company. The moving company they hired out was Coast to Coast Moving in NJ, who I have rung 30-40 times over the last two months and the only time they answered the phone was when I used someone else's phone to make the call. I rang the police on this company and the police said they were a scam company and that Moving APT should take responsibility- which they will not. The move cost over $10,000, then a lot of extra fees that they kept adding on, and then they lost $6000 worth of items. Do not use this company!!!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. All of the carriers in our network are licensed, vetted, and insured, as well as in good standing. We do apologize if the customer experienced an issue with their carrier's packing charge and damage in their move with their carrier, and are happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to approve the customer to be able to file their claim under our own, private account with the Claims company, rather than having to submit their claim under their carrier's account as would be the normal procedure for customers, as a courtesy and show of good faith to the customer so that we may be able to assist them through the process.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Mark, and Phillips arrived a little early and said they could wait if we weren't ready. They took meticulous care of the furniture, wrapping each piece and carefully moving bulky parts through the door jambs. We were delighted with the follow-up! Our highest recommendation for Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you Muriel! We really appreciate the review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

When the movers we had scheduled canceled on short notice, I called Moving APT, and they came through on short notice. The friendly, professional, hardworking crew moved us from FL to the NE; thanks for doing the (literal) heavy lifting to make our move possible. Highly recommend!

Moving APT response

We're so glad to hear we were able to help! Thank you so much!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

If this company isn't a complete scam, it sure feels that way, and they haven't exactly done anything to fix it. I kept getting told I would "only be charged for what gets moved." They moved roughly half the estimated weight. and I got charged MORE than the estimate. We moved a fraction of the items, and sold some of the larger items (like the kayaks/bicycles) we were told would be more expensive. Several pieces of furniture were damaged, a hole was put in my wall, and we watched the movers topple 2 stacks of boxes down the stairs. 1 of those had all of our plates.

When asked to pay the final amount at delivery, and it being $1500 more than expected, we spent over 3 hours trying to get ahold of anyone from Moving APT or the contracted moving company. It was a Sunday. We figured it was all a misunderstanding. Surely this would get cleared up on Monday and we would get a refund, right? Nope! Got sent to a claims office. I've asked several times for an updated quote based on the bill of lading and still haven't gotten it. We were asked to send all of our documentation and pictures in a single unzipped file <10 mb - I had 160 mb in pictures. We sent it by mail, but because of COVID, THEIR CLAIMS OFFICE ONLY CHECKS THEIR MAILBOX ONCE A MONTH. There's nothing harder to do while maintaining social distancing than checking a mailbox, right? It's Florida, like they even care about COVID anyway. Then each step of the process (and there seem to be a ton) they have 1-3 months to respond.

We moved going on 4 months ago, and near as I can tell we're owed in the neighborhood of $4,000. At this rate it appears the only way I'm getting it back it to take it to small claims court - and only in Miami Dade County according to the terms and conditions. The huge insurance that is standard with every move...pays out $0.60 per pound of item. So, if they destroy your $7 lb. $2K laptop, congrats, you get about $4 back! I remember being told the whole thing was insured for up to a large sum, but if this was conveyed to me before the morning of pick up, I didn't notice it. I don't check Facebook very often, but if anyone would like to message me directly, I'll happily provide the email chains, the pictures, and the documentation to prove my case - all 160 mb of it. The quote was for $5100, but we got charged over $7,000. Quote numeber **

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. We were not the customer's carrier. We do apologize if the customer experienced an issue with their carrier's charges and damage in their move with their carrier, and are happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to contact the Claims company for them and check on the status of their claim for them. We can also submit a request to the Claims company to have the customer's claim expedited as a courtesy so they may be done with his claim as soon as possible.

Moving APT Company Information