Find a Movers partner

4.6/5 (40 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that you can trust to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts have handled interstate moves across the country for more than 20 years and now work with the most certified movers around. Whether you need commercial or residential relocation services state to state, Moving APT is dedicated to ensuring your move is stress-free.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Free quotes
    • Corporate relocation services
    • Packing services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Moving APT Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: March 31, 2020

The actual time for showing up to pick up my stuff was very good, and the price was fair. Unfortunately, between the time they picked it up and the time it arrived at my new place, things got damaged. I had a toolbox that was about $10,000 and I wanted to wrap it myself. They said that they got to box it, and I paid extra money to have them do it. It got wrapped at my house, but when it showed up here, it was an unwrapped box and things had fallen over in the truck, put a big dent on the top, and then scratched the whole front of it.

When it arrived, the moving driver said, “Oh, it was our fault. No big deal.” So, after almost two months of screwing around with this stupid company, they felt that $50 would be a fair exchange for the damage of my $10,000 toolbox. At the end of whole thing, because I called the people who set this all up. He decided to call them and threaten them. They were supposed to give me $125, and at the end of all that, they gave me $120. Overall, they were not a very good company. They did not do what they said. I would not trust Moving APT with anything I own ever again.

Moving APT response

Moving APT apologizes for the customer's dissatisfaction with their carrier's claim amount... We have reached out to the customer and have offered additional compensation for the damage from our part, just as a courtesy and show of good faith.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We were running out of time and we were originally going with the U-Pack and pack ourselves. Then, my wife found Moving APT and realized we better go to something where they do the moving and loading the truck for us. The move was from Connecticut to Indiana. I'd done the payments upfront, and everything was fine. If we packed less, we would get money back. The movers seemed good on the pick-up. But, on the delivery, we definitely had some issues with them rushing and we felt like stuff were damaged. But, we ended up giving up on that because they were so difficult to work with. I wanted a credit back for the less stuff that was moved and they even gave us a hard time in that. So, Moving APT stepped up, worked on our behalf, and gave us the full refund. They worked on a deal with the movers. They were very upset with the carrier as well for not working well and for giving us a hard time. Lily, the fantastic lady we dealt with was helpful.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Joseph! We are always on our customer's side! Best wishes!

Original review: March 29, 2020

I found Moving APT online and they were great. The moving crew was awesome. I moved across state from Philly to Baltimore and they were very quick. I have no complaints at all.

Moving APT response

Thanks Adina! Please tell your family and friends about our services whenever they need anything!

Original review: March 28, 2020

Moving APT has a good rating on Google so I chose them. They were very quick and they were on time. They completed it within one hour. I haven’t faced any problem. Everything went well.

Thank you so much!

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was moving from California to Idaho and Moving APT's availability made me work with them. It was about a three-room move and I don’t think their reps know what they were talking about. The estimate was done all over the phone and the information they gave us was not correct. The quote was off by about $500. Moreover, a lot of things were damaged and we only got about a third of what we were supposed to have shipped. The rest disappeared. And it took over four months to get what we finally got and it wasn’t even delivered by the company that we hired. I would never use Moving APT again.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was going through a divorce and it was a stressful time for me, but Rachel was very understanding and nice. She was also detailed when it came down to my inventory list. I let her know my budget for moving from New York to Florida, and she made a couple of calls. She got my estimate to be around my budget, which I appreciated. The movers were great too. It was a full-packing service and they were super-professional. They had to handle all this stuff. It wasn’t that big, but they packed up all this glass. I was watching them and I was super-amazed because I didn’t think that it could be so fast. All in all, Moving APT made my life so much easier with everything that I had going on and all the things that I had to do. I forgot that they were coming, but they called me. I would definitely use them again.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Astrid! We're so happy and touched that we could help! :)

Original review: March 26, 2020

Moving APT did a fantastic job and were very courteous. They brought everything when they said they would and picked it up when they said they would.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Cleo! Your feedback means a lot to us!

Original review: March 25, 2020

Moving APT has the best pricing. They weren't necessarily the lowest because that scares me. If some company came in at $2,000, I'd say, "It's kinda weird that it's so much less." However, Moving APT is right in the best range of affordability. And when I looked them up online, they had good ratings. Every single time I called, they picked up or if they didn't, I got an email response pretty quickly. I also felt like my stuff was safe. I moved from Southern California to Tennessee and everything got delivered on time and there was no damage to any of my stuff.

Moving APT response

That's exactly what we strive for Owen! Thank you so much! We really appreciate it :)

Original review: March 24, 2020

I was moving from Sacramento, California to Versailles, Kentucky, and Moving APT was good.They packed everything up well, nothing was broken, and they delivered when they said they would. The consultant I worked with was good too.

Moving APT response

Thank you Janice! We wish you the best!

Original review: March 23, 2020

I was checking into moving companies and then Moving APT contacted me. They had the good prices and I went from there. I packed up everything and they came and got it. They were on time and everything went pretty smooth. I was very happy with the service.

Moving APT response

So glad to hear Robert, thank you so much for the review and for your feedback!

Original review: March 22, 2020

I had used Moving APT in 2018 when we first moved to Oregon and everything was super easy. They boxed everything up for us and they got there in a good timeline. They had stored everything and I had nothing broken. I used them again and when I first submitted my inventory list, there was a stained glass, framed picture that I had told multiple people I wanted crated. I wanted wood around it. It was going completely across the country. I needed to make sure it would get there in one piece. My mom made it for me before she passed away so I was being very over sensitive about it. I paid for the crating and everybody said they were definitely gonna do it. But the moving company got there and wrapped it up in a couple of pieces of cardboard and a couple of blankets. It was very broken by the time it got here. I’m trying to get my money back for that and the CSI Pros, that I’m going through this claim for, is not going well either. But I would definitely use Moving APT again. I understand stuff is gonna get broken. It’s just a bad thing that happened.

Moving APT response

We are so sorry to hear that Lacey. We really appreciate the review, and rest assured that we are following up with CSI to make sure that your claim is being handled properly so that you are compensated for that damage. Thank you.

Resolution response: May 18, 2020

This company seems to be under new management and are making all of the right steps to be successful moving forward. The company went out of their way to go back to my claim to see how they could make things right from past wrongdoings. I would recommend this place moving company to a friend.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I never used a moving company before. When I used Moving APT, that didn't go well. With the guys that picked up my stuff in Virginia, that went well and everything was really well-packed. But with the guys that ended up dropping my stuff off, it was really mishandled and a lot of my furniture was damaged. I took pictures and I filed a claim. I got a check for $100 or so for the damages and it was pretty ridiculous. It was just a low amount of money. I also told them that my desktop was broken and the amount definitely didn't cover any of the charges. Another thing was trying to get ahold of them to dispute the amount and to clear that up was quite the challenge. They were almost like going out of business. It was a really strange time. It was definitely a hard lesson learned because of all the damages and things breaking.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the update, Paul! We truly appreciate it and are happy we were able to assist!

Original review: March 21, 2020

Moving APT was affordable on the price range and reasonable. Also, they had constant and quick communication. They responded back fairly fast. The moving crew was good. There were three guys in a truck and they were nice. Everything came safe and sound and unbroken.

Moving APT response

Awesome! Thank you so much Marcelino we truly appreciate it!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I was moving across the country and both the actual movers as well as the people from Moving APT were really helpful in facilitating everything. The pickup and delivery were seamless. They contacted me exactly when they needed to and I always knew what was happening. The pick-up was way better than I thought. My apartment was in a relatively tight space and they were able to get the truck in without a problem. I was really impressed. Everything was great and I have no complaints at all with them. It was a good experience. We'll use them again and recommend them as well.

Moving APT response

Wonderful! Thank you so much for your recommendation and review!

Original review: March 19, 2020

We moved from North Carolina to Rhode Island, but we had Moving APT store it for a while until we had everything set where we needed to be. So, it took five months. There were a couple of issues but we worked them out. The rep had to go to a weigh station and weigh in so that I would have the amount of weight the truck and the items had in it. They didn’t weigh in when he brought them home and it didn’t make any sense because we had to spend another hour driving to a weigh station and meet him so they could weigh the truck and then there was no weight afterwards. But there was no damage and we got the stuff when we asked for it. So, I’m happy.

Moving APT response

Glad to hear you are happy Lee thank you for the review!

Original review: May 30, 2016

Do not do business with this company. Wish I had researched them before using! Look up the definition of "bait and switch" and you will see them!!! Just as everyone else has reported, they must intentionally I price your move so expect to pay more than twice what they tell you! Movers kept delaying pick up. I called our representative at Moving APT to express concern - he never returned my call! Was given quote of $4k and when movers showed up, they wanted nearly $9k and we did not add anything! We actually deducted a few items. Movers were two days late and when Moving APT called us the day after the pick-up asking us how our service was, we told them 'horrible'. The lady said she would get with her manager and call back. Guess what?! No return phone call! Beware of their scam and run away!!!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is truly sorry to hear of any issue experienced in your move. We would like to advise that we are under new management since then, and we would like to be able to assist you with any issue you may have experienced in the past. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate you in our files. Please provide an order number that we may look you up by in order to better assist you. You may also send it to our Customer Service Department directly at cs@movingservicesteam.com. We do make it a priority to resolve any issue received right away.

Original review: March 1, 2016

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE! Did I say HORRIBLE?!! If you value your money, you value NOT getting ripped off, deceived and lied to and you value your belongings and don't want them ALL being completely decimated, don't ever, ever, ever deal with Moving APT or Most Valuable Movers, ever! Where do I begin? First, let me state I'm disabled & on a fixed income & stated so to these people. I got off the phone with what in hindsight, appeared to be a decent moving company who was talking to me straight about what I had to do, i.e., not being able to leave anything in drawers, etc., and talked to this woman at Moving APT.

I was wrong. First, I was not aware they are not a moving company, they are some type of broker. Anyway, she told me that I did not have to remove items from the drawers of my bureaus, perfect I thought and I started reloading everything back I had already taken out... she said I could put pillows and clothing back in, no books. Ok.

I then proceeded to measure every single item I was to have shipped, took clothes out of luggage & repacked, put boxes and things in my dog crate, did exactly as she told me, which turned out be such a complete & total waste of time I desperately needed, and being disabled with Spondylolisthesis osteoarthritis in my spine and back, arthritis in both of my feet and wrist, this was a strain & very difficult, but we went over each and every thing that was being shipped & I was quoted a price, looked at the final inventory, saw the final price $948 upon pick up $948 upon delivery with a $1045 deposited electronically. I believe it was approximately that much. Ok then.

This woman also made a point of telling me not to inform any of the moving companies who would probably still be calling that I had decided to go pick Moving APT because they would get mad and give out my personal information... In hindsight now I realize that she only told me this so no one would inform me of the fact they were brokers and not an actual moving company.

I spoke with Mario at Moving APT and I told them I had some things that I already spoken to this woman, Veeka **, about what I needed removed... We went over the removed items and he said he was going to send me a list of everything, my revised final inventory and I was supposed to sign electronically. I never received it, even after asking again and again continually for it, but it never came. As a matter fact, I never personally received anything.

I left Philadelphia early Tuesday morning, 10/20 got to Phoenix Arizona and waited for my belongings to be delivered. Early Wednesday morning 10/21, about 5:45 AM here in Phoenix Arizona I receive a phone call from the driver I could barely understand him, I didn't understand one thing & he was rude. I said, "Ok, fine. My ex will come to the house and you can load everything on the truck." I said and it's going to be $948 now and another $948 upon delivery immediately. He said "No, no, no." He said, "I have to see first, I have to see first." Red warning lights and bells went going off in my head immediately because I knew I was about to get ripped off. That $948 suddenly jumped to $1,400 to pick up & another $1,400 to deliver before he even touched or weighed one thing. I said "No, absolutely not!"

I called Moving APT, who I still assumed was the moving company & was told by their rep I could get another driver... Great, then my ex called said they were working it out... I later found out they left behind and off many items that were on my list/final inventory and he still paid over $1,000 and I was extremely upset. Then I was informed now it would be 7-21 days before they delivered anything and I went ballistic and demanded faster service. I still had no idea Most Valuable Movers was the actual company handling my items.

Fast forward, received a phone from this driver on 10/29 saying the items they did manage to bring from Philadelphia to Phoenix will be delivered between 8 AM - 11:00 AM on 10/30, they actually got here approximately 1:30 PM... that after calling Moving APT to find out when the items they did bring would actually arrive. He also stated that they needed to be paid with a postal money order, not just any money order but it had to be a postal money order in the amount of $1096, it couldn't be direct deposited, it couldn't be done electronically like it been done before, it had to be a postal money order. One of my kind neighbors, who is been a savior was able to drive me to a post office because I don't have a car here in Phoenix yet to get these two money orders because they only go $1,000. I then call Moving APT to find out exactly who these money orders were to be made out to, APT or Most Valuable Movers.

No one could tell me, I had to wait for the driver to get here to find out. I call Most Valuable Movers but every time I call Most Valuable they never answer, you can't get through when you press 0 for the operator. It goes right back to the recorded message. Again red warning lights went off. The same driver arrived that I spoke to on the phone who had such a bad attitude and I could still barely understand. First off the money orders had to be made out to him personally, strange...and he proceeded to tell me that they were normally charge $75 for more the seven steps. Seven steps isn't even a staircase and I have 13, but he claimed to waive that fee. They left huge mounds of trash in front of my neighbors space, and even threw in their empty water bottles and trash for good measure... This, after I asked him to walk a few steps over and place the stuff in the dumpster, but they refused. Did I mention that I'm disabled?

Upon inspection of my belongings I was in tears - cracked screen on 40 inch flat screen television, busted lamps and shades, busted tower fan, completely busted out drawer of my nightstand in my bedroom when I opened it it fell down into the other drawer. They lost the screws to my headboard that no longer attaches, had the nerve to ask me if I had the screws. I was in Phoenix when they themselves took the bed apart. I had to push my headboard against the wall and also I had put in screws that they neglected to tighten so my bed would not fall to the floor and/or put back in at all when they "put the bed back together".

They got paid for and charged me for all this stuff. Scratches and bangs on just about everything in my bedroom. The metal plate to connect my sectional red sofa is broken also. I cannot count the number of broken dishes, art and other broken items, and I haven't even finished going through half of the boxes and crates.

They also charged me for packing things that were already packed. They put some tape around the crates and boxes that were already taped and brought things that were taken off my final inventory. Plus, I still have my items I need desperately from my final inventory - they left sitting in my house I just sold in Philadelphia. I need those items delivered to me ASAP and I fear this is another expense I'm going to incur because of these scam artists who are only out to take advantage of unsuspecting people.

Also, upon looking for my paperwork and receipts, the driver stole my copies of everything off of my kitchen counter before he left. It is absolutely nowhere to be found now. A friend sent me a news story Channel 5 in AZ in 2014 when they were caught red handed. Same company, same scams. They apparently go by different names also. Moving APT attempted to offer $250.00 for my troubles if I sign agreement and claim they're personally handing my claim for damages. I refused and I don't believe a word they say... They're also threatened to not honor my damages because I don't have all the information and paperwork because their driver stole it. They have deceived, scammed, cheated and lied to me from the very beginning and being disabled, exacerbated my stress and pain.

Moving APT response

Original review: Oct. 21, 2014

This company has been an absolute nightmare. In brief: They told me they were going to overestimate my shipment weight during the booking process to ensure that there was enough space on the truck, but assured me that I would only pay for the actual weight of my shipment. The truck was not weighed before and after loading as was promised. I contacted MovingAPT and was assured repeatedly that this would be done before and after unloading. When they showed up to unload, they had no weight, and MovingAPT refused to honor their agreement, telling me if I really wanted a weight, they would put my stuff back in storage for weeks to months until they had time, and that they would charge me more. In the end, I paid for their purposefully overestimated weight, not what i actually shipped.

They are impossible to reach. Their booking number for new customers goes straight to a person, but if you try to reach customer service, it takes many messages, and sometimes weeks, to get a call back. They book me with a carrier (Sammy Services) who is irresponsible and exercised no care for my belongings. Over 20 of 50 boxes were missing, furniture arrived unwrapped and heavily damaged, and boxes were crushed and torn open showing extreme negligence. The delivery also took 7 weeks because the carrier "could not find a truck". When informed of all of this, MovingAPT had no problem with it and informed me that they would continue to use this carrier for future customers.

Also, I recently discovered that they contract with reputation.com, which I was led to believe was a review site like this one, but actually is a service that "suppresses negative search results". So there are probably many more negative reviews out there than you can find. Ask yourself why a decent company would need this service.

Moving APT Company Information