3.7/5 (51 ratings)

About Moving APT

Moving APT is a licensed interstate broker equipped with insured moving teams that aims to move your belongings quickly, safely and securely. Its team of experts has handled interstate moves for more than 10 years and has provided commercial and residential relocation services for more than 500,000 customers.

Pros

• Free quotes
  • Packing services
  • Corporate relocation services

Cons

• Third-party movers

Bottom Line

Moving APT specializes in long-distance moves and connects customers to its nationwide network of professional movers. It offers free online quotes and promises lower prices than what competitors charge.

Moving APT Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Moving APT?

Original review: April 14, 2022

The only inconvenient thing was they said they could take my motorcycle but a day or two before the move, they said they can't take it. They gave me a different service and they gave me my money back for that. It was a little frustrating. We kept calling back and forth about it. It sounded like they were giving me a runaround. But other than that, the people that moved everything in the house were good and very polite.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Joshua! We do apologize about the motorcycle, but are so happy to hear that everything else went well! Best wishes!

Original review: April 13, 2022

The pickup and delivery went very well. However, there were a lot of hidden costs that the actual company didn't mention. They had never said anything about an extra charge for stairs. I also told them that I couldn't get into the apartment until a certain day. But they had the driver come immediately, so I had to pay an extra day for him because they didn't say anything.

Moving APT response

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, Derek. We are glad to hear that the move went well overall. Our apologies for any confusion... upon reviewing your file, we do see that the fee for the additional labor for stairs was explained prior to your move, and we also see that you received a discount for being available for immediate delivery and not needing storage, which this discount would not have applied if you would not have been ready for immediate delivery. Nonetheless, we are happy to work with you to assist you with these fees. We are having our Customer Service Department reach out to you about this now. For your reference, you may also reach them at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com.

Original review: April 11, 2022

They were late picking my stuff up due to a snowstorm, which I understood. But they were supposed to drop it off on the 6th of April and they didn't get there till the 11th. They also charged me $300 extra or they wouldn't unload my stuff. I was supposed to pay 921 and they made me pay 1,221 before they’d even unlock their little trailer. They also didn't come there until 10:30 at night and it's a retirement home. Everyone was sleeping. Then they just threw everything in a shed. The lids were broken. I had three wardrobes and all my clothes were wadded in the bottom of the boxes. It was awful.

Moving APT response

Please note that Moving APT is a booking agent. We were not the customer's movers, nor were we whom the customer is referring to in this review. Nonetheless, we are happy to step in and assist if the customer feels they had any issue with their moving company. Our Customer Service Department has just reached out to the customer in order to help them with any unresolved issue with their movers. If there was a delay and a damage and the customer's moving company has not yet compensated the customer for this, we ask that the customer please get back to us at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com so that we may ensure that the customer is compensated for any of these inconveniences. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2022

The Moving APT rep I worked with was Thomas. He was a little gruff. He would call me or ask me to call him at weird times. It didn't strike me as the most normal business. But he was nice, helpful and everything worked out. Their documentation of things was not perfect, though. Certain pieces of information were not consistently being passed along. I told every single person in the whole process that there was no elevator at the place where we were moving into and yet, every new person I talked to was like, “We see there's an elevator in the place in Chicago.” I kept saying, “No elevator,” all the way to the point where the physical movers got there on the front end. They were dismayed. One of them was complaining the whole seven and a half hours, it took them to move the stuff into our apartment.

Moving APT response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Jon. We truly appreciate it, as it only helps us improve. Best wishes!

Original review: April 9, 2022

The initial move was fine from New York. But the company that was hired to do the drop-off in Florida was awful. The guy had a really bad attitude. But Moving APT in the front end was great. That worked out well.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for providing feedback, Russ. We are so happy to hear that your pickup went well, but at the same time so sorry to hear that you were not happy with your delivery experience. We are having our Customer Service Department reach out to you to get further details from you and to offer any assistance that we can with this from our part. You may also reach them at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. Anything we can do for you, we are happy to help.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had a very good experience with Moving APT. The estimate was accurate and there were no surprise increases when it was time to pay. They were very professional. The move was from North Carolina to New York and it took them about a day and a half. Communication was fantastic. There was no delay and the driver arrived when he said he would within the time window that they gave me.

Moving APT response

We're so glad to hear Janetria! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Original review: March 30, 2022

The rep was cool. I gave him my inventory list and he took detailed notes on his end. He quoted me a rough price of $2500 and it was all pretty smooth. On the day of the move, the driver told me that the price was $2400 but that was because I had quoted them stairs but there ended up not having to be stairs. The driver's team wrapped everything up and packed it in the truck, which was excellent. They did a really terrific job.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for the review Devon! We're so glad to hear that everything went well! :)

Original review: March 29, 2022

The guys who packed up the stuff did it really fast. They had it all packed up in a couple of hours or so. But I didn't understand their process as to why I have to wait so long to get my stuff. They picked up my stuff on a Saturday evening and they brought it to Maryland but they kept it there for over a week. But the movers that came and got the stuff were really good but they spoke broken English so it was a little bit hard to understand them.

As far as communication with the people in the office, it was okay. But I was the one who had to keep calling and double-checking on things and as far as how you had to pay it, too. You had to make the initial deposit, and then when they came to get the stuff, I had to pay that. Since it was over the quote, I was charged more money for it plus all the extra stuff that was included. Once they delivered the stuff, then they wanted another payment.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much for using our services Trish, as well as for your feedback! If there is anything that we can do to assist you, even though delivery has been completed, and make this experience a bit better for you, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. Thank you again.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I was notified of the company that would be in charge of my move a bit late. It was within the window when I could no longer cancel to get my refund. I looked at the moving company's reviews and complaints and it was a bad set of information. They do business as Roadrunner Moving but their company name is Polaris. Furthermore, when I went on the FMCSA website, it says their insurance was not in good standing. I contacted Moving APT to find out if this is okay. They mentioned that they've always done business with this company and they were fine. They also told me that I will be able to get full coverage insurance through this moving company. A few days before, I was calling them to find out when they’d come get my moving items.

They did not show up until the last day of my five-day window. That was a Sunday and I was expected to vacate my apartment on Monday. So my stress levels were through the roof because no one was contacting me. Also, they did not have sufficient packing material and they used all my packing paper and the little bit that they had left. I even gave them extra boxes to use because they came unprepared.

I was told to tell them about high-value items and I said, "My couch, two beds, my TV and my computer". They just continued packing and they got most of the stuff packed in six hours. However, they were having issues with my couch I was telling them what they should do but they didn't really listen to me. I had to help them move the couch over the second-floor balcony which was not the safest. They finished everything around 12:30 am and I had to be there for all of that.

Also, the truck they showed up in was a rental truck from Hertz Truck Rental and what they had was a printout of their MCN or DOT number taped to it. Because I wasn't sure what was going on, I ran to Best Buy to get some AirTags and I placed three of them amongst my items so I could track everything. The next day, I tracked my items and they had moved my items to a storage facility in Pasco, which was just 10 miles away from where my apartment was at the time. The items stayed there for close to a month. I emailed Moving APT that Roadrunner had an issue with their insurance and that it's not in good status. Then their entire status as a transporter got revoked by the FMCSA. So they were no longer in good standing with the FMCSA. So, I started panicking. No one at Moving APT responded or said anything to me.

I finally got information that my items are on the next transport coming over to the eastern part of the country. It ended up in Florida where it stayed for a few more days before I got a call late on a Sunday evening, telling me that I should expect my items delivered in the morning. It was over a month and a half before I got my items. The kicker that I got was when the movers pulled up, it was not Roadrunner. They subcontracted my items to another company and did not tell me.

They contracted it out to a company called Top 10 Van Lines and the guy was saying, “Oh, we need payment before we unload. And I was just like, "Who's gonna pay for the late deliveries?” He said, “I don't know. That's not my thing. We were just contracted out to move this here.” I was able to pay a part of the fees through Zelle because Zelle allows up to $2,000 the same day. And I had to figure out how to get them the rest of it. I didn't even know how much I was gonna be paying for this part because I thought there was gonna be a deduction with the late fees.

I got a money order and they said, “All right. Okay, I guess we're ready to go.” They took out a measuring stick to measure from where they parked and walked all the way to my apartment door plus the stairs. So I got charged an extra $425 even though the contracted amount was supposed to already include a second story. They charged the distance to the apartment. The issue wasn't the fact that they charged that. It was the fact that they relocated the truck to a closer position and moved everything across the lawn so that it will be easier for them. So I got charged for them being lazy. When they delivered my stuff, some of my tools from my toolboxes are missing and so was my step ladder. Also, my TV was broken and when I looked at the box, there was no packing in it for any support. With the limited liability insurance at 60 cents per pound, I'm not gonna get anything back for any of this.

Moving APT response

Moving APT truly apologizes for any negative experience you may have had with your moving company. As a booking agent, we do confirm that any company within our network is licensed, vetted, insured, and in good standing at the time of the move. There is also no such thing as no longer being able to get a refund even though you are within your window. Moving APT does not charge anything for any move not serviced, despite at what point before or during pickup it is cancelled. Although we do appreciate your feedback, unfortunately, we do not show that anyone from Moving APT was contacted during this time in order for us to step in and assist, as we were unaware that any issue was experienced until now. Upon contacting your movers regarding this, it seems that you were speaking to employees of theirs and not ours. Moving APT was unaware that you had any negative experience in your move, and we again apologize. Nonetheless, we are still happy to assist you with anything left pending with your movers. If you were not compensated for their delay and/or for any damaged item, please reach out to our Customer Service Department, and we would be happy to assist you in filing your claim ourselves without you having to go through your movers. We also have a good faith account set aside for courtesy compensations in order to make sure that you do receive compensation. You may reach our Customer Service Department at 786-528-6086 or cs@movingservicesteam.com. Our Customer Service Department has also reached out to you at the time of this response and awaits your reply if you allow us to assist you. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Moving APT was the least expensive quote I received for my cross-country move. That translated to complete dissatisfaction with the entire process. I received my belongings after 34 days, just to have things arrive broken or damaged. Throughout the process, I attempted to get a delivery date from Carmen, who wasn't helpful at all--just to have her lie to me for weeks, telling me that I would receive my belongings in a made up number of days, whichever she decided on that day.

At the beginning of the process, they referred me to a vehicle hauler, which was another broker. Again, more lies. On the day before I was set to leave town, I still wasn't able to hand over the keys to my car. So I canceled the pickup, just to receive a phone call where I was insulted and called stupid. When I told Moving APT who they had referred me to and what had happened, they didn't respond or seem to care at all. Avoid Moving APT, and do research into their d/b/a's to know who else to avoid.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent. The customer's moving company was Cross Town Van Lines, whom the customer's moving contract was with. Nonetheless, we are always here to assist customers and mediate between them and their movers whenever necessary. Upon being advised that the customer had experienced a delay and a damage in their move with Cross Town Van Lines, Moving APT immediately took it upon ourselves to activate our private account with the Claims company just so the customer could file their claim through us, rather than through Cross Town Van Lines the way that it is supposed to be, since Cross Town Van Lines is the liable party. Regardless of this, we wanted to be able to monitor the customer's claim to make sure that they were compensated, so for this reason we made this courtesy exception for the customer. We do not understand the customer's review, as we feel we have gone above and beyond our standard services just to assist the customer. However we are still here for anything else that they may need assistance with.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

The team manager from Moving APT and team are the BEST! They are dependable, friendly, and can pack a POD amazingly. The movers understand how stressful moving can be and put you at ease. Customer service was 100%. Recommended to all.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Jaden! Best wishes in your new home!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

One of the worst companies I have EVER worked with!! Once you book with them and give them your deposit, it is almost impossible to get hold of them after that. They hired out another moving company to do our move, which turned out to be a scam company. We paid Moving APT to have the movers repack a number of boxes and for a number of packing materials. This money apparently never went to the movers and then the movers that they hired out charged us another $650 for that. The movers did a terrible job at repacking- everything was literally thrown in boxes and so took up extra space (which we were charged extra for).

When the movers brought us our items they gave us 20 minutes' notice. ALL of our furniture was damaged as well as other bits. Worst of all was that about $6000 worth of our items had been lost/stolen. This happened 2 months ago. It is almost impossible to get hold of Moving APT and they are taking no responsibility for hiring a scam moving company. The moving company they hired out was Coast to Coast Moving in NJ, who I have rung 30-40 times over the last two months and the only time they answered the phone was when I used someone else's phone to make the call. I rang the police on this company and the police said they were a scam company and that Moving APT should take responsibility- which they will not. The move cost over $10,000, then a lot of extra fees that they kept adding on, and then they lost $6000 worth of items. Do not use this company!!!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. All of the carriers in our network are licensed, vetted, and insured, as well as in good standing. We do apologize if the customer experienced an issue with their carrier's packing charge and damage in their move with their carrier, and are happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to approve the customer to be able to file their claim under our own, private account with the Claims company, rather than having to submit their claim under their carrier's account as would be the normal procedure for customers, as a courtesy and show of good faith to the customer so that we may be able to assist them through the process.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Mark, and Phillips arrived a little early and said they could wait if we weren't ready. They took meticulous care of the furniture, wrapping each piece and carefully moving bulky parts through the door jambs. We were delighted with the follow-up! Our highest recommendation for Moving APT.

Moving APT response

Thank you Muriel! We really appreciate the review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

When the movers we had scheduled canceled on short notice, I called Moving APT, and they came through on short notice. The friendly, professional, hardworking crew moved us from FL to the NE; thanks for doing the (literal) heavy lifting to make our move possible. Highly recommend!

Moving APT response

We're so glad to hear we were able to help! Thank you so much!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

If this company isn't a complete scam, it sure feels that way, and they haven't exactly done anything to fix it. I kept getting told I would "only be charged for what gets moved." They moved roughly half the estimated weight. and I got charged MORE than the estimate. We moved a fraction of the items, and sold some of the larger items (like the kayaks/bicycles) we were told would be more expensive. Several pieces of furniture were damaged, a hole was put in my wall, and we watched the movers topple 2 stacks of boxes down the stairs. 1 of those had all of our plates.

When asked to pay the final amount at delivery, and it being $1500 more than expected, we spent over 3 hours trying to get ahold of anyone from Moving APT or the contracted moving company. It was a Sunday. We figured it was all a misunderstanding. Surely this would get cleared up on Monday and we would get a refund, right? Nope! Got sent to a claims office. I've asked several times for an updated quote based on the bill of lading and still haven't gotten it. We were asked to send all of our documentation and pictures in a single unzipped file <10 mb - I had 160 mb in pictures. We sent it by mail, but because of COVID, THEIR CLAIMS OFFICE ONLY CHECKS THEIR MAILBOX ONCE A MONTH. There's nothing harder to do while maintaining social distancing than checking a mailbox, right? It's Florida, like they even care about COVID anyway. Then each step of the process (and there seem to be a ton) they have 1-3 months to respond.

We moved going on 4 months ago, and near as I can tell we're owed in the neighborhood of $4,000. At this rate it appears the only way I'm getting it back it to take it to small claims court - and only in Miami Dade County according to the terms and conditions. The huge insurance that is standard with every move...pays out $0.60 per pound of item. So, if they destroy your $7 lb. $2K laptop, congrats, you get about $4 back! I remember being told the whole thing was insured for up to a large sum, but if this was conveyed to me before the morning of pick up, I didn't notice it. I don't check Facebook very often, but if anyone would like to message me directly, I'll happily provide the email chains, the pictures, and the documentation to prove my case - all 160 mb of it. The quote was for $5100, but we got charged over $7,000. Quote numeber **

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. We were not the customer's carrier. We do apologize if the customer experienced an issue with their carrier's charges and damage in their move with their carrier, and are happy to assist. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to contact the Claims company for them and check on the status of their claim for them. We can also submit a request to the Claims company to have the customer's claim expedited as a courtesy so they may be done with his claim as soon as possible.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

A fantastic moving experience. Even with a one-day notice on Saturday evening, Moving APT were able to find people to help us move. These guys were on time, very fast and professional. Highly recommended.

Moving APT response

We're so glad we were able to help! Thank you so much for using our services!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Scheduling went well, and the movers showed up within the 2-hour window. Everything was moved well with no damage to my stuff. At least none discovered so far. Stellar prices for the quality of work. I highly recommended!

Moving APT response

Wonderful to hear! Thank you so much Dorin! Best wishes! :)

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

The staff was fantastic. They didn't waste a single minute and arrived on time. They were hardworking, respectful, and clean. My friend was very happy with my decision. My friends and family will use them for sure.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Susan! Best wishes in your new home!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I booked and confirmed my moving date 6 months prior and a week before the move they could not find a carrier. They suggested I extend the date but I had a flight and made all other arrangements and that was not a possibility. I was forced to sell all my furniture in 48 hours. I would never again book Moving APT and after carefully reading other reviews I see I was not the only one this has happened to. The worst kind of experience to have when moving! I do not recommend doing business with them!!!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. We are not a carrier. As was explained to the customer, as well as on their estimate, as a booking agent, Moving APT has no control over carrier delays or cancellations. We do apologize that the customer's carrier experienced a delay and that no other carrier was able to service the customer's move. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this customer is via this review. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly either at 786-528-6086 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com, and we would be happy to submit a courtesy compensation request for them due to this unfortunate experience, as a courtesy and show of good faith from our part.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

This amazing company was recommended to me by a great friend and came at a great price. The removal team was quick and efficient and helped me disassemble furniture I didn't have time to do myself. I would gladly use them again.

Moving APT response

Thank you so much, and to your friend as well for the recommendation! :)

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Two men were amazing, made my move very smooth, as well as the transaction. They were all very experienced, and it showed in the way they worked. They didn't cause damage or loss of my belongings which were so impressive for me. I highly prefer them!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much, we're so glad to hear! Best wishes!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

They got everything up by themselves in less than an hour. I tried to offer them water, but they said they had some. They were very careful not to bump into the walls, and they always set our boxes down nicely. They really did a great job!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much, we're glad to hear and we truly appreciate it!!

Original review: July 20, 2021

On the moving day of the move, they accommodated every request and never made me feel like I was in the way or annoying. They took care to wrap everything carefully and managed to move everything in less than 2-hours.

Moving APT response

We're so happy to hear! Thank you so much for the review and picture! Best wishes!

Original review: July 15, 2021

The crew came were amazing! We had a very difficult move to a rural area, and they were so positive and professional about the challenges we faced. They did a great job for me. I am so impressed with their progress. I would like to say go with them!

Thank you so much Linda!

Original review: June 28, 2021

The sales rep with Moving APT was great and I was very impressed with him so we went with the company. Beyond that we have dealt with 4 different departments that have all given us slightly different information about payment and the process as a whole. We are now beyond the contractual date they had to deliver and I am unable to get a response regarding where we are on our movers and when we can expect delivery. What's even worse is we are waiting on our father's hospital bed to arrive. We have had to rent one and the contract for rental is coming to an end and I have no idea how long I need to continue to rent a bed for him. Very frustrated and disappointed with this entire process. The lack of communication and failure to meet their contractual deadline has been the worst.

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a booking agent who reserves truck space with a carrier for customers. We are not a carrier. We do apologize if the customer's carrier has experienced a delay in their delivery and would be happy to assist. The customer may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com. All messages / emails are responded to right away. Our apologies, but as of today, we do not have any messages that have not been responded to. Alternately, if the customer would please provide an order number, we would be happy to check on this with their carrier for them and provide them with an update.

Original review: May 20, 2021

The worst moving services I cannot even imagine; first they do not even know when the movers are coming to pick up your stuff and constantly changing the date and time. Then when the movers pick up your stuff, after a few days they send another contract for you to sign, either not mentioning the 50% balance due you paid to the movers, or after a few times you mention and even let them know you have a copy of the receipt you paid the mover they suddenly change the price on the contract and make you sign the contract.

And worse than that, even after that, they never never respond you about the delivery date, even when the timeline they specified has passed, so basically you won't know if you ever receive your stuff/furniture or not. Now that I am writing I have asked them about the delivery date even after 22-23 days from picking up my furniture, and they did not even bother themselves to respond to the phone calls, emails, messages. In summary, the worst moving services one may not even be able to imagine!

Moving APT response

Moving APT is a third party booking agent. We do apologize you are having an issue reaching your carrier regarding your delivery, and we would be happy to assist and mediate between you and your carrier for you. Please note that Estimated Delivery Schedules for distances over 1,200 miles are 21 Business Days from your First Available Delivery Date, which is roughly 30 calendar days. So if you are at 22-23 calendar days, do not worry, they are still on time. Unfortunately, we are unaware of who this is via this review and therefore unable to assist. Please provide a Job Number, or contact our Customer Service Department directly either at 786-528-6086 or at cs@movingservicesteam.com so we may step in and help.

Original review: April 10, 2021

I used Moving APT on Tuesday 3/30 and they were great! From the beginning, they were very responsive, upfront, and on time. When they arrived to my place they were very organized and efficient. I was very happy with their service! It's not easy to find a good mover that you can trust these days. My sister recommended them and I am SO happy that she did. I highly recommend Moving APT! I would also ask if these guys are available to do your move... Alex and John. Thank you guys!!! You were AWESOME!!!

Moving APT response

Thank you so much Caitlin! It was our pleasure! Best wishes!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Service was great and I really appreciated the workers. We are very professional and were able to make my move smooth from Tampa to Miami. They were also very nice guys. Next time we move, we are calling them! Thanks again for an efficient and excellent move!

Moving APT response

You're welcome Viola! Thank you for choosing Moving APT! :)

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Moving APT is the best company for moving stuffs safely from my experience. The movers are well skilled, knowledgeable and friendly. Even their professionalism left me pleased. My experience with this moving company is terrific. I hired them a couple of times, and every time they did their best. They never damaged my stuffs which are exceptional. They are safe movers and reliable to deal with.

Moving APT response

It's always a pleasure to assist you in finding a carrier Adey, thank you for always trusting us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

We needed to remove quite a bit of furniture from our place before staging it to sell, and we really didn't want to do it ourselves. Moving APT did a superb job, were super gentle with our furniture and fragile boxes, and were QUICK. They really took the stress out of the "move." We can't wait to use them again for the real deal.

Moving APT response

Thank you Adam! We'll be right here next time you need us!

Moving APT Company Information