Call toll free
3.91/5
Based on 194 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

814 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I had a contract to put the Mohawk seaside's earth in our house. We put it through the whole house except the bathrooms ‘cause it’s waterproof and easy on the feet. It’s nice-looking and it serves its purpose. I’ve already told a friend and he liked the color. The contractor brought another guy in to look at the floor, too.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought a Bayview Hickory laminate flooring from Mohawk and it's a little more expensive than the other brand but I liked how natural it looked as well as the color. I enjoy the look of it. It changed my house. My uncle installed the flooring for me and it was easy for him. I recommended Mohawk to a friend of mine and my friend is going with them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased porcelain tiles for the floor of my lanai from Mohawk. The only problem that I have with it is when I told their sales rep that granted I only need three boxes and I’ve got a box left over that has never been opened, if I break a couple or goof up in cutting then I might need a couple extra tile." The rep said, “Well, you can’t buy one or two tile. You gotta buy a whole box.” I said, “Okay then, if that’s the case. But what if I don’t use it?” He said it was a special order and that I bought it. So that’s not very good and I’ll never buy another piece of floor from him at all. I can buy something at Walmart where even if it’s used, I can take it back. I’m satisfied with the tile but I’m stuck with a box that has never been opened. I’ve got $50 laying out here in the shed that’s not doing me a bit of good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I wanted a carpet that is gonna last for a while and is good for pets. I had a general sense of what colors I wanted, but the Karastan carpets from Mohawk Flooring that I picked has 16 different colors in it so it was something that allowed for me to blend well with my walls, kitchen cutlery, and tiles. I purchased the carpet through Kelly's Carpet in Omaha and the price was very competitive. The carpet was installed in the whole house and the team that did it was fantastic. The installation was done all in one day and they did a great job. The carpet looks wonderful and I like its design and durability. I'm very happy with the experience.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The Mohawk carpet was specified out by the architect and we purchased everything through Avalon. The carpet was installed at a physical therapy facility and everything with went very well. Also, I didn't get any complaints from the manpower who installed the carpet and everything looked great when it was done. I would definitely recommend Mohawk Flooring.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I wish I'd never purchased this hardwood flooring! Consumers beware! We've had nothing but problems and Mohawk refuses to accept any responsibility. Of course they are blaming us and the environment. I will make it my mission to post as many negative reviews online as possible. The solid hardwood flooring we purchased arrived in the box damaged. 703 square feet installed and we returned multiple boxes because the pieces were damaged. We should have realized we'd have problems. Within a month of install, we had cracking of the finish (during the dry winter months).

The cracks continued and within a year the finish is peeling and has faded. Mohawk says it's moisture damage caused by us. I promise you, I never spilled even a glass of water! Or they blame humidity because it's hot out. So if you live in warm temperatures, avoid this floor. The claims process has taken forever. Just avoid Mohawk at all cost! It's not worth the hassle. And I promise you will not be happy with how this floor looks in your house!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Erin, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience. You can have your claim reopened - you would hire an inspector and have them review your flooring. You or the inspector would email their report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and that will reopen the claim. The inspector must be certified by the NICFI or the IICRC. Those organizations' websites are http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx and http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx and on both sites, you can enter your zip code to find your closest inspectors. (They usually have a wide radius of service.) I apologize again for your experience!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I got the waterproof wood-looking flooring material from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in the basement apartment. I had shown the salesperson pictures of the existing room and what the flooring was going to adjoin, but she did not calculate in the threshold stuff which is the little transfer piece from one kind of material to another. They brought the other stuff that goes around the edging, but they didn't anticipate that for some reason. So I got a call from the installer saying that I would need to purchase $200 worth of it and I was not happy about that. Ultimately, I refused to do that and the salesperson had to absorb that cost. So, be very careful in dealing with them. Still, the installation people were great and the flooring is fine.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We purchased a carpet from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in our living room and bedroom. Mohawk's carpet was cheap and it was the best dollar I knew. The carpet looks nice but its cost was all that I really cared about.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I like the texture and color of the Mohawk carpet and it has met my expectation. It’s comfortable and it looks nice. The cat doesn’t rip it apart, which is good.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had some vinyl flooring and carpet installed by Mohawk Flooring when my entire house was redone. Their reps did really well as they were very informative and helpful. The installation went rather efficiently and the job was done well. Also, the floor actually turned out better than I expected. Things have been holding up fine since. I'm very impressed and extremely satisfied with what I have. I would get the business card of the place I went to and hand it to a friend.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 21, 2018

Last year we did tile flooring and used Mohawk caret for area rugs. We were told that it had a 10 year warranty for stains wear and tear. When we told them that we were having problems with the stain and wear and tear we were shown the small print it said that area rugs were not under warranty. Carpet is carpet regardless as to how it is used. This high priced carpet that they claim is child and pet friendly had already worn a path and even the carpet cleaning could not get the carpet to clean up. Nothing was even dropped on it. The representative never called me and never made an attempt to come to my house to look at the carpet.

When I called Mohawk they told me to ask the store to put a claim in. I sent the store pictures. Mohawk sent their refusal to the store to send me notification that it was not under warranty. We are very dissatisfied and will never purchase their product again. I hope that I can save anyone from making the same costly mistake. Buy from any other company or buy cheap carpet and replace more often. Or buy area rugs from Costco they have beautiful area rugs from Thomasville that will hold up and at least a year warranty. They have such bad customer service and sale you a big list of wonderful claims that do not hold up.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Sylvia, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm very sorry for your experience with the carpet, and I've shared your comments with our Consumer Affairs team. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchased tile from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in three bedrooms, the living room, and a closet. The quality of the flooring was superior and I like it. It's a very good tile and I like its color and design. I was happy with the overall experience.

Original review: July 18, 2018

In April of 2017 I had 8mm glueless, Wheat Chestnut lamainate flooring installed in my living room. From day 1 when I walk on the floor it sounds like I'm walking on crackers or dry cereal. It's like a sucking sound. It was installed over tar paper. When I questioned the installer, I was informed that tar paper was a good moisture barrier. I had assumed that it would be installed over the "floating floor" material.

After a few weeks of the creaking floor, I called the installer and was told time & gravity would make it stop. Well here we are over a year later and my floor still creaks. The installer came to my house, walked around and listened to what I hear. He said it's a manufacturing problem and I should get in touch with Mohawk, the manufacturer. I have been on their website and cannot find a way to get in touch with them directly. I called their Customer Service number and the recording told me to contact them via email, which I had been trying to do. My burning question is can someone tell me if this should have been installed over tar paper and if NOT can I get something in writing that states that fact that I can present to the installer. If tar paper is acceptable, can an inspector please come to my home, walk around and listen to my floor and get this fixed. The sound is MOST annoying and time & gravity are only affecting me!!!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Pam, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floor. If the installer suspects there is a manufacturing problem, it's not your responsibility to contact Mohawk - the store who sold you the flooring needs to work with Mohawk on your behalf. Your store is who would file a claim with Mohawk for you, if needed. After the claim was filed, Mohawk may commission an independent inspector to visit your home and assess the flooring for manufacturing defects, if an inspection is needed. Is the installer the same company as the store where you bought the flooring?

Original review: July 18, 2018

The experience with Mohawk was fantastic and I'd definitely recommend them. The product came within our price point. It’s a ply-based engineered flooring and this was installed on the entire main floor through dining, living and kitchen. However, we did purchase a matte finish and we were wondering what kind of product we could use that is non-corrosive for cleaning purposes. Other than that, everything went quite smoothly.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I renovated the house in Arizona a couple of years ago and I had a credit card with a credit line from Mohawk so I purchased some carpet for my living room and my second floor through them. The carpet is soft and it met my expectations.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We're a general contractor and we had customers who already had Mohawk flooring in their house so we tried to match it up. We ordered the flooring from Mohawk but they sent the wrong color. They listened to a recording from the boy from Busenbark Carpet who ordered it and determined that he had ordered the correct material. They sent back the correct material and they credited me the price of the other material so it wouldn't cost me any more money.

I had some of our guys install the flooring. It's good material and it was easy to work with. But we had some quality control issues in the second pack of the actual correct color. Roughly six pieces out of all the bundles that we bought had some cavities and bubbled laminate. Those couldn't be used or fixed so we cut the defective parts out and ended up using a bunch of smaller pieces trying to make the job work. Luckily, we were able to complete the job and the customers liked it. That was the first time we used Mohawk and we'd be using them again shortly.

Original review: July 15, 2018

In March I purchased 1800 sqf of Mohawk RevWood Plus, from Carpet Depot in Phoenix recommend by the local Mohawk sales rep. The product was defective (warped and cupped planks), which wouldn't lock and when forced to lock would delaminate. I returned all the product back to Carpet Depot, where is was picked up by Mohawk. From there it took another month for them to inspect the product, finally officially deeming it defective.

Now here I am in July, 4 months later and due to an apparent dispute between the dealer and Mohawk still have not received a refund. 7000.00!!! Throughout the process I was the one that had to call either call Carpet Depot and Mohawk as they don't speak. I am the one left holding the bag. I am the one with bare concrete in the rooms we prepped for the new flooring. I have an outstanding case with Visa however due to both Carpet Depot and Mohawk's complete incompetence this is also proving to be a slow process. Anyone looking to buy new flooring I highly recommend you steer clear of any Mohawk brand, including Mohawk, Pergo, SmartStrand, and Karastan.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi William, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience. I asked our Consumer Affairs team about your claim, and they shared that Mohawk had issued the full credit amount to your retailer as of May 31st. I apologize again for your experience. --Laura

Original review: July 13, 2018

We went to our favorite dealer here and fell in love with Mohawk's porcelain wood planks. We liked the style and the texture. You can get wood in tile and it's amazing. It was the prettiest wood plank I've seen and it looks so realistic. It was the best thing that floor designers ever came out with. We had it installed on my mother-in-law's patio and it's absolutely gorgeous. She can't stop raving about it. I can't wait to put it in my house as well since I've had engineered wood floors that are 14 years old and fading. I also have animals and I want the wood look but now that it came out in beautiful tile, it's perfect.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I would not recommend anyone purchasing Mohawk flooring. They did not stand behind their product. They treated me as a customer like I did something wrong when it was the poor quality of their product which was and is the problem. I purchased Mohawk laminate flooring at a retailer (not a big box). Started laying floor and had trouble getting to lock and lay stable. After laying quite a bit, noticed the channels were not flat and some were empty with material missing. I called retailer. He said send pictures of bad pieces and they would order another box.

I continued to lay flooring trimming bad pieces so I could use. Then retailer calls and says that Mohawk will not replace unless we return all bad pieces. Somewhat late since I had used them. Then I opened more boxes and found more damaged boards. Not all boards in boxes appeared damaged, they were mixed in. Now house is half done and all torn up. I just continued and finished with several damaged boards saved. I assumed the boards which did not appear damaged the locking channels worked but finding now they were defective too.

In addition their locking system was so hard to lock together. Now there are spots where you can see wood showing through. Not a whole side of a board but just a partial portion of board. This because locking system was defective. In hindsight I should have opened every box before I started and inspected then send whole floor back. I assumed I bought a quality product. My mistake. Then Mohawk treats me very badly and does not stand behind their defective product. My recommendation is not to buy Mohawk because quality is not good. In my case it is too late. My floor is installed and I am going to live with it.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Rick, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your experience with your floor. I understand from your review that you have already completed installing the flooring, but I will still share your comments with our Consumer Affairs team. Please continue to share any concerns with your retailer, as they will work with Mohawk on your behalf in any way needed. I apologize again for your experience. --Laura

Original review: July 11, 2018

We had a very good experience purchasing our Mohawk Flooring. However, we did have an incident when it was first being installed. We still had the sample that we brought home with the stock number and it was exactly what the salesman put on their paperwork. But when they delivered it, soon as we took one look, it was no comparison to what we picked out. And so, my husband read the numbers off of that carpet versus what we had on our sample and on the paperwork, and they said that Mohawk put the wrong label on the wrong carpet. So that was the only thing that was bad because they then had to reschedule and order all-new carpet again.

Our house was only two years old, so the builders put in the more low-grade carpet with the thinner padding, and we like thicker padding. And the Mohawk came out nice. It's cushiony, but it definitely shows a lot of footprints and it just didn't look as plush as the thicker carpet. You can completely vacuum it, it looks beautiful, but you walk from one side of the room to the other and you can see your footprints in it. That was the only thing that I didn't really like. If we had gone with a lower grade carpet, it probably wouldn't show it as much. But the flooring has met my expectations very well.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We knew Mohawk flooring is a quality product, so we purchased sheet vinyl from them for our kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. The flooring has met my expectations and I like its texture.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I had some carpet put down last week on the stairs and in four bedrooms in my beach house. It's the same carpet that was installed in the living room which I bought at a certain place a couple of years ago, and I like that place where I got it. I also liked the Mohawk Flooring rep. However, the carpet I have ordered were on back order for about a month and nobody knew why. Other than that, the carpet is really easy to clean up. We have lots of dogs and people occasionally spill some beverages, but I like how well the stains come off from the carpet.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We did a lot of research online and then we went with a local flooring company. They brought over samples and we chose a luxury vinyl plank from Mohawk Flooring. We like the color and the design. The quality seems good. You get what you pay for. We haven't installed it yet because we're still getting some plumbing and electrical done in the basement. But the off-gassing of the product is stronger than what we have anticipated. We've been keeping it in our garage from the time being and that smell has permeated my car. I'm not impressed about that. I wish there had some sort of warning about the off-gassing.

Original review: July 6, 2018

We had new wood flooring from Mohawk put in. We went with Mohawk because of the durability in the Texas heat humidity. I originally was going to go with another floor, but it wasn't as friendly with the humidity. I was advised that maybe it wouldn't work. We had the Mohawk installed in our living room and dining area. Our favorite feature is the dramatic change in the look of the house because of it. We had damaged wood floors before and we got them as a fixer-upper. We're very happy with it and if I'd ever need a flooring again, that would be what we would do.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We did hardwood flooring in the living room and carpeting on the stairs and in the bedroom. We looked at other brands but Mohawk Flooring matched better with the furniture and the paintings we had in the house. I like the softness of the carpet. Also the hardwood was color coordinated. The flooring has met my expectations. However, the installers could have been a little bit cleaner.

Original review: July 4, 2018

We liked the carpet that Mohawk Flooring had so we bought it and got it installed in our family room. We like its thickness and the new flooring is what we were expecting.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Mohawk had the right color and thickness of flooring for me. And the engineered wood flooring installed everywhere in the unit is beautiful. It's wonderful.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The Avalon flooring from Mohawk has good quality but doesn’t look the same as it’s supposed to. I looked at the swatch they had for the carpet and it was perfect because it had all three colors in it here in my room. When they put it down, it looked like solid brown. But you can see the other colors if you’re sitting a foot away from it. The price was a little bit higher than I wanted to spend as well. I’m very dissatisfied.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Robin, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Have you discussed your concerns about the color with your retailer? They may be able to assist you. If needed, your retailer will reach out to Mohawk on your behalf. I apologize again for your experience. --Laura

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have an eight-bedroom home that is located toward the Atlantic Ocean in Atlantic City. Most of my flooring is redone hardwood which was original to the home in 1918. And on the 4th floor, the flooring that was done was a Berber carpet that was in bad shape. I just decided to finish it. Mohawk has a good write-up on their site about how easy their product was to install, so we ended up buying from them. Also, there was a YouTube video where a woman was putting it down. So if a woman could do it, I could do it.

My wife and I decided to use a vinyl product that imitated the local wood. It was 8 millimeters thick and the transition was very easy. I installed it myself and it was easy. It was easy to cut. I cut it with a tipped razorblade and you snap it nice and clean. It went down well and came out really nice. I was glad. The quality is amazing and it has a 20-year warranty. It's also easy to clean. The only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't cheap. It was $3.59 a square foot. But you save down on the installation if you do it yourself.

The better news with the product that I was using was it was waterproof. Being near the ocean, you get a lot of sand and the kids running through the house so there’s no carpet in my house at all for that reason. I've also put this stuff in my kitchen. It was a different color. Everybody that looks at it thinks it’s hardwood floor until they get on their knees to feel it. Mohawk’s the best. They do a nice job. They're dependable with value for your dollar.

Original review: June 29, 2018

We like the color and the style of our carpeting from Mohawk. It’s in the front stairwell, and so far, so good. The material looks great, and the quality is decent.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information

1-800-266-4295
www.mohawkflooring.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business