2.91/5
Call toll free
(800) 476-7113 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

915 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 20, 2019

We were looking for a new flooring and it was for a rental property that we just bought, so we wanted to go with a company that was local. Mohawk was the product that the local people offered us, so that was what we bought. We went with some fairly plain carpet from a look perspective, but something as reasonably durable. It was for an old house that we’re renting out, so we wanted to make sure we got something that would look good and would wear out well. We had someone install it and it took two days. Any trouble we had was after the fact though. We had to have the doors shaved down a little bit because the space didn’t have carpets before, so the carpet raised the flooring to the plank where we had to have the doors brought down. Other than that, we were very happy with our experience.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased Mohawk 100% SmartStrand BCF 3GT Polyester with DuPont Sorona Renewably Sourced Polymer. Style: SILK 00119D. Color: Log Cabin. I purchased this carpet from Home Depot in May 2009. So this carpet is 10 years old. It was installed in 4 Bedrooms. I wear my shoes all day, every day. I have had multiple Dogs and a cat. All of which at one time or another pottied on it or vomited on it. I have 10 grandchildren, again, at one time or another pottied on it, spilled juice on it, and got gum stuck in it. I vacuum with a Dyson DC17 once a week.

I have used the Rug Doctor 4 or 5 times to clean it in a 10 year. I spot cleaned it many times due to the pet and kid accidents. After 10 years, the carpet still looks looks amazing. No traffic pattern, no stains, no wear, nothing whatsoever wrong. I going to buy carpet for the 3 season porch today; a very high traffic room. There is no question what I will be buying; I will be buying Mohawk SmartStrand.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi there, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to hear that your SmartStrand carpet has performed beautifully for you all these years and been a fantastic carpet for your grandchildren and pets. Thank you again for your review and for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The vinyl that we purchased from Mohawk was more expensive than the other brands, however, because it was a bigger company, they could offer 18 months, 0% financing. Also, I liked the warranty for 12 years and the quality of the product is better. So, I went with the quality as opposed to the price. They did the installation last week but it’s not finished yet. I ordered it on August 13th and I was getting pieces in. In fact, they still don’t have some of the transition pieces done. So, I haven’t really used it, but I’m hoping that the waterproofing feature would be great just in case I have a problem in the future.

I like Mohawk's product. The flooring is beautiful and the quality is there. I can't ding them for the length of time needing to wait and the fact that not everything is in because it’s something out of their control. I called them six weeks after I ordered and they said it was supposed to be in that Friday and they’d give me a call. They didn’t call. I called back again the following Friday and they said, “Oh, that was changed to this Friday.” But everything’s in and they went to install it. And as soon as the transition pieces come in, they will call me, we’ll set up the time, and they will come out complete the job.

The only thing is Mohawk sent me a $500 coupon that I was unable to use. I have a very large basement with over 1,100 square feet and because it was over a thousand, they told me I could utilize pallet pricing. So, I thought that was great because I qualified for it. But then, I had a $500 coupon that they refused to allow me to use because they either got pallet pricing or I got the $500 coupon. The pallet pricing was a lot less. But in my mind, if the job is big enough to qualify for it, it wasn’t a special gift to me. I was really a little annoyed with them at that when I set it all up. If I had a coupon, I had a coupon. Now, if I only had 900 square feet, and they were kind enough to say, “Hey, you’re close enough. I’ll give you pallet pricing,” that would have been a different story. But I have 1,100 square feet which was over a thousand. I qualified for the pallet pricing, so I should have been able to utilize that $500 coupon. And they told me, “No, one or the other.”

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We're just renters in the house and we convinced our landlord that Mohawk Flooring's carpet was definitely the best stuff to go with. I just moved to this city and I went on to the Mohawk website to find a local vendor that was offering the carpet. After I entered information on the Mohawk website, they called me within 5 minutes to come out and do a measurement. The customer service was outstanding and they actually ended up budging a little bit on the price. That was great because we only had a certain dollar amount that they would spend.

My new carpet is so soft and I love it. It's comfortable and stain-resistant. It has got multiple colors in it so it's really pretty. It's also a kind of a neutral color, so they go with everything. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from people who come into our home too. It's a carpet I had in a previous home and it's a little bit more expensive but it's worth it. Overall, we're very satisfied. My husband is a college football coach so we move fairly frequently. And as we continue to move to different places, we would continue to look at Mohawk as the solution for us.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We bought Mohawk Flooring for our son’s condo. It was highly recommended by the company that we bought it from. We decided on the SmartStrand and its resistance to staining sold us on it. It’s something that we felt was very high priority being in a bachelor-type condo. Our son isn’t likely to be getting people in to especially remove stains and keep the carpet clean, so we thought that would be a good way to go. He likes the carpet and he said it feels really good. He’s very happy with it and he enjoys walking on it. He’s mentioned that it makes the difference obvious with the other room that wasn’t carpeted. It feels so much nicer to have a new carpet and underlay. He said it’s comfortable as well and it also has a nice color and texture too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I recently had Mohawk TecWood engineered flooring installed in my addition. I chose Santa Barbara, Elba. During installation, there were enough scratches that I was given a bottle of Old English scratch cover. I do not even have the room completed and every day I find more scratches. Anything that has been moved in was carried, felt floor protectors or gliders were used, and there are new scratches all the time. Once this room gets used and lived in, the floor will never last. I am very disappointed in the product.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Gail, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. If you would like advice on scratch repair, please feel free to contact our Hard Surfaces Technical Services Team at 888-387-9881, option 3, or at mohawk_tech@mohawkind.com. If you have concerns about your floors, please speak with your flooring dealer as well - the dealer can communicate with Mohawk on your behalf and can file a claim with Mohawk for you if needed. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I bought a laminate plank from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in the kitchen and bathroom. When the product got here, it was defective, so I was a little upset about that because we couldn’t finish the floors until they could get it back in. The store ended up working out something and they had it in five days later. I am worried about the quality of the product because I paid so much for something that was defective. But I was very happy with the store that I was working with. They went the extra mile.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

I am a carpet installer. I have been doing it for 25 years and I have never seen such poorly made carpet. I don't know what's going on, but they can't make a piece of carpet. We ordered the original carpet for customer. The carpet couldn't be laid properly. We ordered replacement, same problem! I know of 3 or 4 other jobs that are the same and it seems that the mill and inspector are not there for the installers or the customer. Better product and inspections are needed. Thanks!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Rachel, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience as an installer. I will share your comments with our Consumer Affairs team, and I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought a new construction home, and they used Mohawk engineered flooring in the living room and kitchen. These floors are not suitable for living on. These floors scratch easy, they chip easy, and the finish come off easy. I have only been in my house three months, and these are the worst floors I have ever lived on.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Joseph, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Have you had a chance to contact your builder about your concerns? Your builder or their flooring vendor will work with Mohawk on your behalf as needed in order to assist you. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: July 17, 2019

When you’re looking for a tile, you know what you want and when you find it, that’s it. I found the tile I liked that worked for me in Mohawk Flooring, and the price was also kinda what I was looking for. The Mohawk Gable Point Everest White tile will go with everything and we're having it installed everywhere. We’re doing the bathrooms too. In fact, we’re still working on it. But so far, things look good.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information