toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased SmartStrand from Mohawk Flooring, and it was installed in my dining room, living room, hallway and a bedroom, and the stairway. It’s better than what I had taken out and I’m satisfied with it so far.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Mike, I'm Laura from Mohawk - thank you so much for sharing your experience of your Karastan carpet! It's great to hear that the carpet offered all the characteristics you wanted, from softness to stain resistance to pet-friendliness. I hope your family enjoys it for years to come! Thank you again for your feedback, Mike. Take care --Laura

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Karastan Mohawk Flooring was installed in our living room and two bedrooms. We looked around for other brands and we got to talk about a line of pet-friendly ones but I really like the Mohawk one since it's excellent. It's pet-friendly, very stain resistant but it was thick and soft, and we like its look. It looks really good especially with its combination to some luxe plank floor that we purchased at the floor store. It's also very comfortable and the application was excellent. It's been an all-around good experience altogether.

We became interested in the look of the tiles on a large ocean-going cruise ship, and the floors were done by people in Sweden. So, we tried to find something that looks like what we'd seen on the ship. We liked the Mohawk's cost, quality and the way their flooring look and bought the Treyburne Linen Oak Ceramic Tiles. We had installed it in our living room and it goes well with our Bow House furniture. I hope it will hold up for a long time. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

We wanted a bigger, longer, wider planked vinyl for our main living room and two hallways, and we couldn't find it anywhere else but at Mohawk Flooring. Their cost was in the middle, but for the quality we thought it was the best. We like the durability of the flooring and the flooring itself. But we had to have one little piece fixed because it had damage on it. We called the people who installed it and then they contacted Mohawk. We had extra flooring so we didn't have to get more pieces but they paid for the labor for the people to come and fix it. They said normally they would see it when they install it but I guess they missed it.

I needed a carpet to go between my bedroom and my bathroom because I can't walk barefooted on the hard floors. It's only a little teeny piece about three or four feet wide but I can't use a throw rug and needed something heavier or sturdier. So I went somewhere and found a Mohawk Flooring that was soft enough. It was readily available and they would bind it on the edges for us. They were glad to help me and find what would work for me. I haven't had it very long but it's a good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Thomas, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. I know you mentioned that someone from the flooring dealer came out to review your floors, but you could also consider hiring a flooring inspector, if you want a second opinion and want to pursue a claim. You just want to make sure it's an inspector certified by the NICFI or IICRC. You can find inspectors near you through both organization's websites - http://www.nicfi.org/search.aspx or http://www.iicrc.org/locate-a-certified-professional/ . You mention not having a receipt since you bought the flooring as part of buying your home - that's not a problem. Your builder or their flooring dealer has a record of the purchase from which your home's flooring came. They're to work with Mohawk on your behalf and can provide Mohawk with the proof of purchase as needed. I really apologize again for your experience, Thomas. Take care --Laura

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I bought a new Lennar home with what appeared to be a beautiful Mohawk Shadow hardwood floor. Fortunately I passed on upgrading to hardwood in other areas of the house. I was told by the Lennar rep at our orientation that there are two kinds of engineered hardwood floors. The first you can take a nail to and it won't scratch. The second you can push a penny across and it will scratch. He said... "you have the second." He was so right. In the early months several pieces were replaced as they were peeling for no reason. It has the thinnest veneer imaginable and I feel it's a very cheap product.

Lennar has "non disclosed" homeowners in other neighborhoods and replaced the same flooring. Lennar sent out Macadam Flooring to inspect it. Surprise... they said it's normal wear and tear! Well, actually I agree with them. It is normal for cheap, known bad flooring. The bottom line is this... There are a lot of bad reviews of Mohawk Flooring. I would say pay attention to them and test your flooring before installing it. I love my Lennar home and overall the process was pretty good. However are not taking responsibility for installing flooring they knew was substandard at the time of installation. I don't have a receipt for the flooring as I bought the whole house new.

I purchased a carpet and some vinyl flooring from Mohawk Flooring for the living room and the dining room of a rental. Their the cost was definitely competitive with the other brands that I considered. I like the carpet specifically its design style, and I haven't had any complaints from the renter about the flooring.

We purchased a thicker carpet from Mohawk Flooring. It's fine and we like the color of it but I don't know if there's something in the carpet that's causing my daughter to have a lot of allergies. Everybody's getting sick. They'd get better and then they'd get sick again. They had carpet where they were at before they moved into that home where the carpet was installed and that wasn't the case for them then.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Lucia, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Whenever we decline a claim based on an inspector's report, you have the option to contact another inspector to review your flooring and provide a second opinion. Just give their report to your retailer who filed the claim for you, and they'll send it in to Mohawk. We'll then reopen the claim. You just want to make sure the inspector is a certified professional - someone certified by the NICFI or the IICRC. You can find certified inspectors near you on these organization's websites - http://www.nicfi.org/search.aspx or http://www.iicrc.org/locate-a-certified-professional/ . I checked and there are 7 NICFI inspectors listed within 100 miles of your zip code, and about 15 IICRC inspectors within 50 miles. When Mohawk contracted an inspector to review your flooring, this is how we found an available certified inspector near you, so you'll see that person on one of these lists. Simply choose a different inspector from the one who has already come by. I'm really sorry again for your experience Lucia. Take care - Laura

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

This manufacturer Mohawk has terrible quality on their polyester carpet. The carpet was only 1 year old and looked like it was 15 years old. We tried to process a credit claim with them and they declined after taking 6 weeks to respond to the distributor. They also hire specific inspectors to ensure they have back up info to decline a claim. Do not order from this Manufacturer. They are horrific.

We're doing a remodel and we bought the real wood flooring from Mohawk. We had the same flooring that's been in our house for 50 years and we had to do some patchwork in bad areas. We redid it in all the closets and air vents that were in the floor. It matched up exactly with what we have - same dimensions and type of wood. Mohawk met everything I needed.

I like the quality of Mohawk's carpeting. I looked at a variety of different carpets and theirs was the color and price I liked. It's very soft and also, I had one spill and it was very stain resistant. I'm happy with the carpet.

We looked at flooring brands and we felt that Mohawk Flooring was the best one. We picked them because of their flooring's cost and quality. The carpeting I purchased was installed at the basement at home, and I like the ease of cleaning it myself. Overall, it was a great experience and I recommend Mohawk Flooring.

We looked around prior to purchasing Mohawk Flooring and Mohawk was a little more expensive, but the place we were buying it from said that they held up better. It's also a better product so we got their silk carpet put in the bedrooms, basement, hallway and pretty much the whole house. The purchasing experience was real good with no problems at all.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Ron, I'm Laura and I work with Mohawk Flooring - I wanted to apologize for your experience with your hardwood flooring and thank you for sharing your feedback. I'll be sending your comments to our Consumer Affairs department - I'm very sorry again to hear about your experience. Take care --Laura

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

We bought Mohawk Flooring's engineered hardwood from the floor store in Concord, California and they were excellent. We also looked around but this one had the best warranty. It had the lifetime warranty which is my favorite feature. It was installed in the kitchen and family room of my home. It's a floating floor and there's still a lot of movement in it. So that was something we weren't expecting. We have hardwood in the rest of the house but it's nailed-down hardwood and this one, I can tell it's floating and it moves.

Also, there were a lot of pieces of wood that were flawed. The installers weren't careful about one piece in particular where there was some unusual staining. Then there's one piece that's installed that has two black areas in it. It can't be removed because it's a snapped-together floor. And it's not in some place that's hidden. It's right smack in the middle so it really takes away. Mohawk should improve their quality control and those pieces of wood should not have been in the box. Moreover, these floors are stained and pre-finished before they're installed and it looks to me like it's such a sturdy finish that one couldn't possibly re-stain the piece that has the black. I don't know if there's anything that could be done about it and the installer said that they couldn't do anything without removing and doing a big part of the job over. So I said we'll have to live with it.

I went through Martin’s Flooring and they suggested the Mohawk carpets. The pricing was fine compared to what I got and it was a very good deal. I've used Mohawk Flooring a second time and I'm very pleased with them. The carpet they installed was nice looking and the finished product was exactly what I was looking for. I recommend them.

I put in some brand new Masland Carpet three years ago and I was having trouble. I’ve got two little kitty cats and it was showing too many footprints. I was vacuuming and raking every single day and I couldn't stand it, so I decided to take it out and put in something that’s lower pile. I liked the Karastan rug from Mohawk and I had it installed in two different steps. The first time, we installed the great room and the dining room since I wanted to see how I liked it and whether it showed footsteps. Then we installed the bedroom, master bedroom and closet. However, we’re having trouble because we have a seam in the bedroom that’s really showing. It’s got a six-inch stripe down the middle of the floor and we’re not happy with it. But they did a fantastic job in the dining room as well as the great room which is really large and has lots of light. It’s beautiful carpeting and I love it.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Josie, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. There is a claim on file for you - the claim analyst has been requesting cleaning receipts from your dealer in order to proceed with the claim. I understand you have only been in the house a short while, but if you have a cleaning receipt that you could give your dealer, they'll send it in to Mohawk. Having the carpet cleaned before an inspection is basically the standard process. I'm very sorry again for your experience! Take care - Laura

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We have a new house that Mohawk carpet was installed in. Our carpet ripped in the middle of our living room. I hired a company to fix it. They patched in a brand new piece that we had leftover from when the house was built, was only 2 yrs old at the time. They told me that the carpet was defective and separating from the backing. Now the new piece is separating too and has only been on the floor for about 4 months. Now I have a 1 X3 hole in the middle of my living room. I have now called the company, Creative Touch Interiors, since November and was told someone would come out to assess the problem. Not 1 person has come out or called me back to this day. The seams are also all coming up and they are unable to stretch and repair our carpet anymore. We now need new carpet in our house that is 3 years old bit would be nice if someone could at least call us back.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Heather, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring! It sounds like you're describing an inspection taking place, but I haven't be able to find a claim - would you like to share what name and contact info the claim would have been filed under? A claim that is declined based on an inspection can be reopened if you'd like to hire a different inspector to come assess your floor - I apologize again for your experience, Heather! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

After saving for 6 years we were finally able have hardwoods installed downstairs. Unfortunately, it was Mohawk engineered hardwood flooring. The flooring was almost immediately a letdown. Within the first year we checking, which are small cracks within the hard slats themselves and they appeared almost everywhere. The flooring was installed Fall of 2013. By the spring of 2014 we had already called our flooring person back curious of the issue. At this point in some areas the 15-20 year protective coating was already coming up.

Here we are three years later and most rooms need to me sanded and refinished. Could not be any more disappointed in a product. When people save thousands to have flooring installed and Mohawk doesn't stand by their product that's a problem. They had their person come out and take a look but were not at all willing to repair anything. Full of excuses.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Ryan, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Thank you for providing feedback; I'll be sharing it with our Consumer Affairs department. I'm sure you've been notified of this, but whenever we decline a claim based on an inspection, you have the option of contracting another inspector to review your flooring and provide a second opinion. They'll give you their report, which you can send to us at consumer@mohawkind.com, or you can give the report to your flooring dealer and ask them to send it in to Mohawk. We're happy to review another inspector's opinion. You just want to make sure the inspector is a certified professional - both the NICFI and the IICRC websites have search tools to locate certified inspectors in your region: http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx or http://www.iicrc.org/locate-a-certified-professional/#north-america I apologize again for your experience, Ryan. Take care -- Laura

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

A little less than a year ago my wife and I used our savings to replace the carpet in most of our home. We purchased Smartstrand Silk carpet as it was incredibly soft even though it was definitely on the higher end of the available price point. Within 5 weeks of the carpet being installed we started noticing weird pattern lines in the carpeted walkway behind our sofa that looked like a decade old matted down carpet. We are a shoes off, socks on family so dirt and oil should not have been an issue at all. We called our flooring dealer who had a carpet inspector come in and take a look at it. It turns out this is called cornrowing and the manufacturers do not see it as a defect. We've tried vacuuming at all directions, raking it and having it cleaned and there doesn't seem to be any way to correct the issue and apparently there isn't anything Mohawk will do about it.

Over the past few months pretty much all the trafficked areas have noticeable cornrowing. The hallways, doorways etc. all look like the carpet was installed ages ago and never vacuumed. The carpet looks great when new and feels wonderful but I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to actually walk on it. The included picture was taken 4 months after installation.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Kevin, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I want to thank you for sharing your feedback on your carpet! It is wonderful to hear that you've been pleased with your carpet and ordered it again years later for more areas of your home. We really appreciate that you chose Mohawk and that you took the time to share your experience. Take care - Laura

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I did my project in two different phases and used Mohawk carpet. I'm glad that Mohawk Flooring keeps certain products around because we were able to order the same thing a couple years later. That's nice. The carpet was installed in all the bedrooms, a hallway and front family room of my home. The cost and quality came to the top and I liked the brand reliability, the excellent color and the durability for the price with the level of comfort that it gives. It's a good carpet and I'm happy with it.

We bought Mohawk carpet from Weaver Carpet because of the color and what it felt like. My favorite feature is its design and the style because we had red carpeting before and it was disgusting, but our carpet now has a speckle-y color and it doesn't show much dirt, especially with pets. It's a good carpet and feels comfortable on our feet.

I got our entire house installed with carpet from Mohawk Flooring because of the salesman's recommendation. His personality stood out and he was someone with a personal guarantee from his experience with the carpet in his house. I like the color and texture of my carpet and it's been a good experience with Mohawk Flooring.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Judy, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I'm very glad your sales rep at the retailer has been working with you to address your concerns, and the store will reach out to Karastan on your behalf if needed. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your concerns are resolved quickly, Judy! Take care -- Laura

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We bought Karastan wool carpet from Mohawk Flooring. It was installed in the bedrooms of our home. I looked at other brands prior to purchasing Mohawk Flooring, and the cost and quality of their products were better. Also, I decided to buy a Mohawk product due to the color. However, I'm not very happy with it because the color that got installed is not the color of the sample. I worked a lot with the rep who tried to make it right. It was shipped in two weeks later. The carpet's in, but it doesn't match the sample.

We got the walnut floor tile from Mohawk Flooring. I like the style and size of what we purchased, which in fact, were the reasons we went with Mohawk. It was installed in the entire downstairs floors, the hallway through into the kitchen in our home. It's only been done a few weeks, but I'm very happy so far. We're very satisfied with the product. It's very stylish and extremely suitable for our family needs.

We were looking for something very dense, thick and soft, and we liked the thickness of what we got. However, Mohawk said that that particular style was going to be discontinued. If they could bring that back, we'd probably purchase more for the rest of our house. We love our flooring from Mohawk and we're happy we bought it.

We bought the Mohawk Torinetta Antique Charcoal tiles from Floorscapes and it was great. I like the design and the color of it, and I had already purchased it once before for my room. I wanted to match up this other room with the same stuff so I went back to that, but I also looked to things in between and I was very pleased with it. I knew about the product when I went and bought this last purchase, but when I went to Mohawk's dealer here in Albuquerque Floorscapes, they helped me move into the right direction. It was a very enjoyable experience all the way around.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Donita, I'm Laura from Mohawk - thank you so much for sharing your experience with us about your SmartStrand carpet! We are so glad to hear that you're happy with the carpet and get peace of mind knowing that it's so easy to keep stain free. We hope you are loving the compliments from visitors too! Thank you again Donita, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We purchased Mohawk Flooring's Smartstrand. We got a plush one for our bedroom and a patterned one for our office level, and we are happy with both of them. We always get compliments when people come. They love it! We have already told many people about it. I also have comfort and peace of mind that when the grandchildren or I spill stuff, the carpet is pretty salvageable, which is nice.

I went to the Ogden's carpet place and they had the Mohawk laminate flooring. We looked at quite a few other ones but I liked Mohawk's color and design. They were a little bit more expensive but I liked that they were wider planks and they had the wood-grain. They also had the padding attached so it was perfect. My new flooring is really pretty and I love it. I have no complaints.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Todd, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Have you had a chance to discuss your concerns with your builder? If your builder is not responsive, please feel free to contact our Consumer Affairs department here: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/ I'm really sorry again for your experience, Todd! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

My wife and I just built our house and had Mohawk hardwood floors installed throughout the first floor of our home. I must say that being dissatisfied is an understatement. When the floors were first put in we loved them, however after six months, not so much. You can see footprints, show marks whenever you walk on them. The durability is far from what we expected. I understand having two dogs will put scratches on them but not to the extent that we see on a daily basis. We take care of our floors and follow the cleaning recommendations, and by using Mohawk floor cleaner exclusively. The neighborhood we live in is built by Lennar Homes. The negativity with these floors are a huge problem with new homeowners, so much that Lennar does not offer this type of flooring in the new homes. Unfortunately we are stuck with what we have in a 6 month old home, which is far from desirable.

I recently purchased a Mohawk Flooring carpet and we love it. The installation went great. We really enjoy the carpet which is probably the best carpet we've had. I would recommend Mohawk Flooring to friends.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile