toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Adriana, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I wanted to thank you for your feedback on your carpet! It's fantastic to know that you got the style you wanted, and at a good value. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Take care, Adriana- Laura

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I had a great experience with Mohawk. We purchased a carpet and I like its style and price. It was installed really fast and everything came out perfect.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Jackie, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your tile. I'll send the info you provided over to our Consumer Affairs team so they can let you know what next steps may be available. I apologize again for your experience, Jackie. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Quality control - We bought Persico Cobblestone beige from Nebraska Furniture Mart on 9/7/2016. It laid the next week by an independent installer. There were two different colors mixed in and two different sizes. Some were a quarter inch bigger. I always buy extra so there was enough to finish the floor. I planned on returning those. After I cleaned haze off I noticed a considerable difference in flooring color. There were like two different batches mixed together. I watched them bring me the tile off the floor on a cellophaned pallet. They cut and gave me 18 boxes. NFM offered me a paltry $200 for my troubles. This is my forever kitchen. We are spending 20,000. They want to give me $200 to live with this? Just slap me in the face! The first image you can't see it. So don't blame installer.

None people found this review helpful

Mohawk can definitely be recommended to other people. We bought from them a laminate flooring and had an installer get it down here. It was installed in the office, living room and hallway. My wife seems to like the color of the flooring and the fact that it does have some texture type of thing on it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Deann, I'm Laura from Mohawk. Thank you so much for providing feedback on your hardwood floors. I'm glad Mohawk hardwoods fit your family's needs as well as your budget and timeframe. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience with your flooring Deann. Take care - Laura

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

We had ripped up carpet and needed to replace it with hardwood flooring that we wanted. We needed to move in to our residence and get it done quick, so we wanted something that was reasonably priced and in stock. We purchased Mohawk's wood flooring as it was in stock and we could get it quickly. It's installed in the master bedroom, our kids' rooms, and the hallway and we're satisfied with the product.

None people found this review helpful

I had carpet installed in our bedrooms, hallway, and stairs. We looked at other options, and it came down to cost and quality which is why we went to Mohawk Flooring. I like that the carpet has low profile for high traffic. It seems great and it's holding up just fine.

None people found this review helpful

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Raymond, I'm Laura from Mohawk. Thank you for letting us know that you're enjoying your hardwood floors! It's wonderful to hear that both the quality and appearance of the hardwoods are working well in your home. I'm glad the North American manufacturing was key benefit for you as well. Thank you again for your feedback, Raymond, and take care- Laura

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

We purchased hardwood flooring for the family room and kitchen, and the quality is very good. The general appearance and finish were impressive. One thing I did like about Mohawk was the fact that it's a US or Canadian-made product.

None people found this review helpful

My experience with Mohawk with the floor store who did the installation, sold us, and did all the scheduling has been fabulous. We wanted to see their best line and they showed it to us. Their carpet is so soft and we absolutely love it.

None people found this review helpful

I liked the look and the price of the products sold by Mohawk. The cost and quality compared fairly with other brands. The experience was great and easy.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Gerald, I'm Laura with Mohawk. First, I'm so sorry to hear of your concern with the installer, and I hope that it has come to a resolution. It's wonderful to hear that you like the carpet, and that you're planning on putting it in more rooms. I'm glad Mohawk carpet has provided the high quality you want for your home! Thank you for letting us know about your experience, Gerald. Take care- Laura

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I wasn't thrilled with the installer but the carpet is a very good product. We like its quality, color, and design. It has held up nicely. It’s nice to have new carpeting in the house. It was a little bit more expensive compared to other brands, but the quality was much different. We're going to end up using the same carpeting in the bedrooms.

None people found this review helpful

Mohawk Flooring installed carpet in our living room and dining room. The quality, the depth of the pile, and the coloring were the reasons I went with them. However, the coloring turned out a little different than I thought it was going to be when it was laid on the floor. The carpet has been fairly easy to clean and it doesn’t get matted down when you walk on it.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Cynthia, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I know from your review that you've already worked with your retailer and Mohawk - I just wanted to apologize and let you know I'm giving your review to our Consumer Affairs department. I'm very sorry again for your experience. Take care- Laura

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

We have had Mohawk Frise carpet in our living room and upstairs for about 5 years. We purchased it from The Home Depot and were relatively happy with it. When we were looking for carpet, the person that helped us was aware we had dogs and while it wasn't a high traffic area, the dogs were in the living room. Late in the Spring of 2016, my husband was vacuuming and noticed that one of the seams has separated. It was almost the whole seam, the width of the room. Upon further investigation, he noticed a few other spots with the same issue.

He phoned The Home Depot, who sent an inspector out. The inspector told my husband he would report the seams had separated and most likely, they would send an installer out to glue the seams. When the installer came out, I was home and he advised that in the two spots I showed him, the seams had not separated, but the backing had come off the carpet. Therefore there was nothing to glue. We looked at other areas of the carpet, including the upstairs hallway, which has little to no traffic. The carpet is lifting off the backing, throughout where it was installed. He told me it was defective. We have been around three times on this, twice with The Home Depot and once I dealt directly with Mohawk. We are being told that because we didn't have the carpet cleaned every 18 months, the warranty is null and void. Therefore, neither Mohawk or The Home Depot will do anything to correct this issue.

Here is my issue, two very large corporations - 2015 Mohawk earnings: Excluding restructuring and acquisition charges, net earnings were $222 million. The Home Depot 2015 earnings, stated by Carol Tome: For the year, our sales increased 6.4% to $88.5 billion and total Company comp sales were positive 5.6%. Comps for U.S. stores were positive 7.1%. So this small business, my household, will take a loss of a few thousand dollars for a defective carpet that two corporations with a combined earning of 310.5 million dollars, won't help or stand by their product. I drive a Volkswagen diesel and am keeping my car, having VW fix the emissions. They made a huge error, owned it and are taking care of their customers.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Sara, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your hardwoods. If you would like to send us a little info about your claim, our Consumer Affairs team can let you know what next steps may be available - the contact form is at www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again for your experience, Sara. Take care- Laura

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

I have Mohawk flooring installed by my builder in my new construction home all over the main floor. The floor moves all over the place. The builder had a Mohawk representative come out and he told me "It's all in my head" although the floor makes cracking noises all over the place. It's creating gaps between the wood, cracked in halves all over and making cracking and squeaking noises all because the wood moves. They do not stand behind their product and they try to throw the blame on the builder or installer. That same builder and installer did the entire sub and no one else has this problem which explains it's the product and not the installer. Never buy Mohawk. Now I am stuck with bad floors in a house that's less than 2 years old. What a shame.

I got vinyl flooring installed in my kitchen, dining room, and living room hall. I considered going with bamboo, but I picked vinyl because it's supposedly more durable and more waterproof. The cost was also comparable. I like the look of the floor and it seems to be performing well. I'd recommend Mohawk Flooring.

None people found this review helpful

We got the laminate flooring and put it throughout the house. We liked the color and the style of the floor so we went with Mohawk although it was a little bit pricier. We like the quality and the texture of the product but we know we have to take extra precaution with our floor because it bubbles and warps easily. Other people who have laminate flooring throughout their house don’t have as many problems as we do. We had this type of flooring before and continued with it because we didn’t want to rip out whatever we had. It’s not as convenient as it would be if we had gone with any other choices of flooring, but we're okay with it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Nicole, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm so sorry for your experience with your carpet. I'll send your review to our Consumer Affairs team and ask them to look up your previous claim--then they can advise any next steps that may be available. I'm very sorry again for your experience. Take care Nicole-- Laura

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

Had Mohawk Flooring installed in basement and loops started to pop up within 2 weeks of installation. Continued to fall apart throughout basement. This is a pet free home. This is a low traffic area & is walked on with socks or bare feet only. This issue did NOT occur along seams. Nothing was "dragged or snagged" along carpet. The carpet is coming up from backing and has continued to unravel throughout basement 2 years later. Made claim with store and Mohawk within 6 months of install & refused to remedy situation. Store recommended cutting loose loops, which we chose not to do. HORRIBLE COMPANY & THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCT.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi David, I'm Laura from Mohawk. It's great to hear that you and your family are loving your carpet! I'm really glad you took advantage of the carpet's green benefits in making your selection - with the added bonus that it looks good in your home, too. Thank you for sharing your feedback, David! Take care - Laura

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

We Googled around for some good carpet, and settled on Mohawk Flooring before we went shopping. We love the carpet that they installed in our bedroom, and our stairs. It worked out really good. We wanted to have less chemical smell, and we liked how it appeared to be a green carpet because we have a young daughter. Also, the color matches with our color scheme.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Melinda, I'm Laura with Mohawk. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your orders, and I'm providing your comments to our Consumer Affairs team. If you'd like to get in touch with Consumer Affairs, just send us some info at the following page on our website: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again, Melinda. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

6/10/16 We ordered Karastan King's Rd. Carpet Mart. Received a lower grade "substitute" which is not what we ordered. Took two months to get our deposit back. The mill did not have the carpet we ordered. On 8/22/16 we ordered Mohawk's Homeland Select 1D40 from a different carpet store (JH Myers). Less than a week later, 1D38 a lower grade carpet was delivered. Myers confirmed it was the wrong carpet and said that they put in a reorder for the correct carpet ordered. We went today to view the reorder and the same lower grade carpet we saw two weeks ago was presented to us. This make two times that Mohawk/Karastan pulled a "bait and switch" on us and tried to deliver a lower grade than we purchased. We are done with Mohawk.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Judy, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand the carpet has been replaced, but I wanted to apologize and to let you know I'll be sharing your review with our Consumer Affairs department. I'm so sorry again for your experience, Judy. Take care. Laura

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

We had Mohawk SmartStrand carpet installed just over a year ago. I would HIGHLY NOT recommend this carpet. From the very beginning I had to purchase three vacuum cleaners to finally find one that would work on the carpet. Second about six months after it was installed you could see wear patterns in the carpet. The old carpet we had was 20 years old and looked better than the Mohawk carpet after six months. I called the store where we purchased the carpet and the owner and a Mohawk representative came to inspect the carpet. Both agreed the carpet was "cornrowing". A claim was put into Mohawk who sent a third party inspector (on their payroll) who sampled the carpet next to the wall where no traffic had occurred. He was more worried about going golfing than inspecting the carpet. What a joke. Mohawk denied the warranty claim.

Fortunately for us we purchased our carpet from a very good family owned carpet store who replaced the carpet at no cost to us. Unfortunately it was at their cost not Mohawk! Not only is the carpet poor quality but the warranty is non existent!!! We paid extra money for what we thought was a quality product only to find out that there was poor quality and the company would not back their product. Just to clarify two adults live in our house and we have always had a no shoe policy!

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Larry, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Thank you for letting us know that you're enjoying your new carpet! I'm so glad it has provided the look and feel that you want for your home. Thank you again for your feedback, and take care- Laura

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

The carpeting I purchased from Mohawk Flooring was installed along the hallways and in the bedroom. I liked it for its appearance, color, and texture. It's brand new and it looks good.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Jared, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I'm asking our Consumer Affairs department to look at your past claim and to contact you with the next steps that can be taken. I apologize again for your experience, Jared! Take care- Laura

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I purchased Mohawk's Campanello carpet # 193536 with the expectations that the company stood behind their product... The quote below is just the complete opposite. "We continue that tradition today with revolutionary product innovation, award-winning design, and a talented team dedicated to outstanding service." The short story is we had issues from the beginning with our carpet. We filed a claim 5 months in because the loops were coming up and Mohawk dismissed it, stating "The carpet works as intended, talk to your installer." We did, he came out and did nothing. Obviously because nothing can be done

Fast forward we still have issues and they have gotten worse. So I filed another claim. Due to the fact that we already filed a claim 3 years ago we are unable to file another. I find this warranty a scam and a way to get new customers to THINK the company stands behind their product. I have done everything necessary to adhere to the warranty. Periodic professional cleanings, vacuum cleanings etc. If I would have known what I know now Mohawk's product would not be in my house. The best thing I can do is make sure my neighbors and future customer know exactly what they are getting. Extremely dissatisfied customer.

We had looked at Home Depot but we went with Mohawk Flooring because of the rebate that they were offering. I’m still waiting for that rebate to come in the mail which they said would take eight to ten weeks. We purchased Karastan carpeting and I love the plushness of it. It was hectic doing the whole house at one time, but the installers got it done in two days. So that was good and we’re well satisfied.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Joe, I'm Laura with Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. If you haven't had a chance to contact your retailer about it, they'll work with Mohawk on your behalf for any product concerns. You can also reach our Consumer Affairs department at the following site, if you don't hear from your retailer: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm very sorry again, Joe. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Sales of floorings were inaccurate. We were told that this was a more modern system that did not need to acclimate, nor did you need tools to install? Both statements were proven wrong after opening the box and reading the manufacturer's installation instructions. Then the quality of the packaged product was extremely varied. Each piece had to be inspected for defects (as the directions instructed to do)... Why couldn't this be done at the factory? There was about 20% defective product.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Corey, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your hardwoods. I'm not sure whether you've had the chance to contact your retailer, but they can work with Mohawk to address your concerns. If your retailer isn't available, you can also contact our Consumer Affairs department by providing some info here: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again for your experience, Corey. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

Purchased new home just about a year ago with Mohawk Natural Walnut Engineered hardwood. 5 in plank. Floor has scratches all over it from normal wear. I've installed natural walnut solid hardwood and it never scratched like this. Even with the supposed wear layer, there are light brown and tan scratches showing up. You would have to hover over this floor not to scratch it. Absolute waste of money. DO NOT buy. In the scratch pic below you cannot even feel the scratch if you run your finger over it. It's just crap finish.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Douglas, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. If you haven't had a chance to contact your retailer with your concerns, they will work with Mohawk on your behalf and can file a claim for you; or, you can contact our Consumer Affairs department by sending us some info at the following site: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again for your experience, Douglas. Thank you for this feedback, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We got SmartStrand carpet because we have 2 dogs and we were worried about pet stains. We were told that just using hot water extraction would fully clean the carpets. While we had that done professionally 3 times, stains would eventually return and areas that had a lot of wear also would not get fully cleaned. The bigger issue we had/have is that the vacuum would constantly pull up threads. Areas along seams got pulled apart. We had the carpet less than 4 years and already are going to replace it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Chris, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Thank you for sending us your feedback on your carpet! It's wonderful to hear how pleased you are with the performance and the high quality of the carpet. I hope you enjoy it for years to come! Thank you again, Chris, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

We like the look and feel of Mohawk products. We had them install heavy-weight carpet in the bedroom and hallways and I love how heavy the flooring is. They've performed great.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi David, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. You've filed a claim with your dealer? (Depending on who your dealer is, the claim might also have been filed directly with Mohawk.) If you wouldn't mind sending us some info at the following form on our website, we'll be able to follow up with you: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again, David. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Built a large New house on the lake and everything is great but not the floors. Put in bamboo floors from Mohawk. Floor's terrible with no help. Never again. Cupping and separating. I wish someone could help. Please.

New construction home. Had to go with builder's partner, Great Western Flooring in Naperville. This hardwood floor was within our "budget" and couldn't use any other company. We were not able to see the floor before closing or moving in because it was covered in cardboard. We moved in and every day find more and more splintered boards or boards without stain. Had an inspector from Great Western Flooring then had an independent inspector who said flooring was 50% damaged. We built a ranch so the entire first floor except bathroom and tiny laundry room are ceramic tile.

Four months later they have decided they can replace the damaged boards but not pay for the labor. This means we have to pack everything up again and hope they don't damage cabinets, ceramic tile, furniture and walls. I believe they need to compensate us for disrupting our entire lives. There is obviously no quality control used at their factory, or they are blind. They are making Great Western Flooring pay for the labor, which they should anyway since they had to notice during installation that it was half damaged. Won't admit to that. I must be crazy. Don't use Mohawk or Great Western flooring in Naperville, IL unless you like inferior floors and cabinets as well as poor installation.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Julie, I'm Laura from Mohawk flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your hardwoods. I'm not sure whether you've spoken with your builder about the flooring, or already asked them to file a claim with Mohawk for you. But if you'd like to file a claim, just let the company who built the home know, and their flooring retailer or supplier will work with Mohawk on your behalf. If the builder or flooring supplier won't respond to your concerns, you can contact our Consumer Affairs department at the following site, and we'll facilitate--http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm really sorry again for your experience, Julie. Take care -- Laura

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

My husband and I recently moved into a newly built home in Austin and were told by the builder how solid and highly durable the Mohawk engineered flooring is. Well... let's put it this way... I would prefer to have the cheapest Pergo over this soft nondurable scratch/dent/gouge susceptible floor!!! We have no kids or pets that would increase the risk of damaging the floors. A feather could drop and would cause a dent or scratch!!! We now spend our time tiptoeing around our house as means to limit any damage. This is no way of life!!! Anything we drop renders a 100% chance of denting, scratching or gouging! I cannot imagine how much more this will cost us to demo and replace this floor!!!

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Don, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for sharing your experience of your SmartStrand Silk carpet! What a great choice for your family room - the softness and stain resistance make for a perfect gathering place. I'm so glad you're enjoying the carpet and that it has met all your expectations. Thank you again! --Laura

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

The shop that I bought my Mohawk silk carpet from was great. They were extremely helpful. They explained the benefits and a couple of personal experiences with the product, and that really helped us along. The stuff showed up right away and I went for it because of the warranty. l looked at all kinds of stuff and the look and the feel of the silk was kind of intriguing. That carpet was the softest stuff I've ever walked on, and it looks great. I had the carpet installed in our family room and it has met my expectations very good. Overall, it was a very easy experience.

We liked the way the Mohawk runners looked so we got two for our front and back staircases. We love their color and design. Though the cost is expensive, the quality of the product is high.

Expert Review

Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.    More about Joseph→

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.
  • Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.
  • Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.
  • Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.
  • Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.
  • Best for Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile