3.79/5
Based on 177 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

742 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

We ordered some Karastan and some of the regular Mohawk carpeting. We were interested in Mohawk's pet protection, and we really like their product's stain-resistance.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased the 2M64 Ultimate Image 756 Harmony Tan carpet for my family room and had it installed on 11/10/2017. I specifically asked for durable carpet for this room because of previous experience with carpet in high traffic areas and was told that this is the best (and I paid for it- very expensive). After only 2 months the carpet had 2 distinct wear patterns (photos uploaded). I had a professional carpet cleaning company come out and clean the carpet and still the patterns exist, so I contacted the installer which in turn contacted Mohawk. Mohawk sent an investigator to review the issue and it was determined by Mohawk that the patterns were normal wear. If this is normal wear then I will NEVER purchase Mohawk carpet AGAIN, this is horrible and of course no one from Mohawk is willing to do the right thing. I intend to spread this information to ALL media sources to ensure that people like me are not fooled by the false advertisement of this company.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi there, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. When a claim is declined based on an inspection report and you disagree with the findings, you can hire an independent certified flooring inspector to come assess your carpet and submit a report to Mohawk, if that person has different findings. Mohawk will reopen the claim when the report is received - you or the inspector can send it to consumer@mohawkind.com. The inspector just needs to be certified by either the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- On both sites, you can enter your zip code and find your closest inspectors; they usually have a wide radius of service. I apologize again for your experience. --Laura

Original review: April 14, 2018

We had Karastan carpeting in three bedrooms from Mohawk. I have done four different rooms, products, all with Karastan fabric in the last couple of years, and I love them. I like their color, primarily, and their texture. I was looking for gray carpeting, and they had the best gray for my home. Installation was through Manasota Flooring which was the flooring company that I bought the product from. Installation was simple. One room was totally empty and they moved a bed in one room. The two men who did it were wonderful. I have gone with this particular store before. And I always came back to the Karastan or Mohawk fabric.

However, there was a certificate that came through on the internet saying that there was a $500 coupon towards a purchase from Mohawk. And when I took this coupon to the distributor or flooring company, they said, “No, no, no, no, no.” That their prices on Mohawk fabric were already discounted enough. I called Mohawk directly and was bounced around numerous times. They said there was really nothing they could do. So, that was my only wrinkle as far as dealing with Mohawk and dealing with the flooring company itself. Nevertheless, I’m very pleased with my carpeting.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We shopped around a little bit before buying engineered hardwood from Mohawk Flooring for the bedrooms and the master closet. Their quality was very good compared to other brands and even if the cost was a little bit higher, they had the wood that we wanted. I like that it’s easier to clean and we’re enjoying it.

Original review: April 13, 2018

A portion of my 3 1/2-year-old expensive Mohawk wood floor lost its color when I removed a rug. The rug had a standard bottom found on every rug in every home. I called the flooring company that installed the floor because I had a 25-year finish warranty on my floors. They reluctantly filed a claim with Mohawk. They told me nothing would be done but they would file a claim anyway. Mohawk sent an inspector who agreed the floor stain faded and sent the info along with pics to the company. Despite my 25-year warranty Mohawk would not rectify the problem. Said it was the rug's fault. So if you plan to place a rug over your wood floor, I suggest you stay away from Mohawk products.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Roseanne, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I've asked our Consumer Affairs team for more info, and they shared that the difference in color has to do with the wood's exposure to sunlight: the areas of the floor exposed to light have changed color, and the covered areas of the floor have not. If you leave the area uncovered where the rug was, the flooring there will eventually match the color of the rest of the (exposed) flooring. However, if you would like to, you can also hire an independent inspector to come assess your flooring - if his report differs from the first inspector's report, Mohawk will review the claim again. I apologize again for your experience. Take care-- Laura

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: April 12, 2018

Mohawk was our next door neighbor's recommendation so I decided to go with them. We purchased silky carpeting from them and had it installed in the family and dining rooms. The carpet is very soft and it's very nice to walk on. It's also very pet-friendly. We have a cat with claws and I understand that's a killer one. We had a problem with the other carpeting we had and now, this is much better. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We bought Mohawk Carpet from Menards in 2014. Within a short time, the carpet started to come apart from the backing or delaminate. We called Menards and they stood behind it. I thought it was a "bad lot" and chose to have the same carpet installed when it was replaced because I liked the color and type of carpet. That was a huge mistake. Within 2 months, the second installation started to do the same thing. I contacted Menards who sent out an inspector. Because we had a dog who was older, he blamed her. Menards then denied our claim.

I have animals and have never had carpet that comes apart because they have had an accident on it. I'm always able to clean it with no problem. We had a Berber carpet from Shaw flooring prior to this Mohawk Carpet and I wish I would have never removed it. It was very durable and lasted through three kids and a dog. I'm very disappointed that I am now stuck with this carpet and it has gotten worse and worse. I would not recommend Mohawk at all!

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi Lorie, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. You can have a second inspection done if you would like to reopen the claim -- you would hire an inspector and have them submit a report to Mohawk. The inspector just needs to be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- You can enter your zip code and find the closest inspectors on those sites. Inspectors usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the new report to consumer@mohawkind.com to reopen the claim. I'm extremely sorry again for your experience with your carpet, Lorie.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We've had a great experience with Mohawk before and their warranty made us go with them. We had carpeting installed in our TV room and we drew a really good pair of guys for the installation. They were excellent and there were no seams in it. They vacuumed everything before and after, took their time, didn't mark up any moldings, and moved everything for me. They had a good attitude and they did it in less than an hour. I'm happy with the product so far and it's durable as advertised. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

When I read the reviews, I decided to buy Mohawk Flooring’s pet-proof smart silk strands for my living room. I like that it is water resilient but two dogs that are 50 lbs. each plays very roughly on it and I am a little worried about the many pieces of yarn I find lying around. It has been a month now and the yarn lying around is getting less and less but it concerns me because the carpet is now so soft to walk on. I was thinking of putting a carpet in the bedroom next year but I want to give it that year and see how it holds up to the dogs.

Also, my vacuum has a good suction and I went to use it on the carpet. I could not push it forward and my husband couldn’t either. However, you could pull it backwards. When we turned the iRobot on, it’s perfect on it plus, you can see everywhere the robot went. It’s similar to some carpeting when you vacuum it but it does not show footprints. A few minutes later after people and the dogs have walked down, you wouldn’t know it at all. So far, there hasn’t been any spills on it or anything, so I’m hoping that holds up to what they tell me it will do.

Original review: April 6, 2018

We looked at a lot of different floors and upon recommendation, we purchased a luxury vinyl tile plank from Mohawk Flooring for the basement. Visually, the flooring has met my expectation and we’re satisfied.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We purchased SmartStrand Silk from Mohawk Flooring which was installed in the living room, dining room and bedroom of my South Carolina home. The flooring feels fine and the carpet speaks for itself. I just need to call them back to go over the seams and I want something where the tile meets the rug. I had this carpet in another home and I’m very accustomed to it so I wouldn't buy anything else but as far as the installers, they took forever to put it down.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We needed vinyl flooring in our bedroom. It was in a new construction site and we wanted something that looked like wood but is easily cleanable and Mohawk Flooring met the bill. We looked at multiple brands and considered laminate versus vinyl and many other things. Vinyl, in terms of the longevity, is a better product. We also looked at the cost-point for the product and the one that we selected met our needs. I wanted something more modern that had a wider plank look and this one does. It had a variety of shades and I wanted something that wasn’t the same as on our first floor. It also had a variety of the planks so it looks more real. It was also a better quality because the rotation was enough so that the pattern wasn’t repeating itself too many times. We're really happy with it.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2018

Our carpet is less than 5 years old and it started to split. After multiple request and jumping through hoops they want a private certificated carpet inspector (paid by Mohawk) to look at the carpet. Of course he said it was and installer issue. Pass the buck on. We spent a lot of money and followed all the rules for keeping a valid warranty and they still won't help us!!

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi Damon, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Please know that you have the option of doing another inspection, if you would like to hire an inspector and have them submit a report to Mohawk. The inspector just needs to be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- On both those sites, you can enter your zip code and find the closest inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can email Mohawk the new report to consumer@mohawkind.com to reopen the claim. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2018

I am extremely disappointed with Mohawk Flooring. I was told that the product I was purchasing was a premium solid hardwood product. First, I noticed that a few edges splitting off and some breaks in the grain. I was told by the retailer Avalon Flooring that they would supply 5 boxes and pay to have the defective pieces replaced. Then, before doing that I noticed it was getting worse and not in isolated places. We do not wear shoes in our house and it's only two of us. We have only lived here 10 months. So, I contacted Avalon and told them that since the problem was getting worse I didn't think just replacing the few boards would be sufficient. They contacted Mohawk and scheduled a inspector.

Well, the inspector said that my house humidity is too dry. The relative humidity in my home is 62% and the wood only registered 6%? The inspector told me it would be about 2 weeks before I would hear something but the very next day I received a letter from Mohawk that they are not responsible and are done. That's it after spending over $7000 dollars on my floors! I am confused to how my floors would become that dried out over such a short time when the humidity in my home is a perfect range? So I guess that's it? I'm stuck with very expensive floors that are falling apart after less than a year with no support from the company that gives you a warranty but doesn't honor it! Never again!!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Pamela, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry for your experience with your floors. Our Consumer Affairs team has already contacted you to note that you can have a second inspection done if you would like to commission an inspector. If you choose to do this, then the claim will be reopened when this new inspector sends their report to Mohawk. I apologize again for your experience. Take care-- Laura

Original review: March 20, 2018

We had Mohawk wood flooring (5" wide Laminate Hardwood Floor) installed over the whole first floor of our home (4 rooms plus hallway). The subfloor was too thin so we had a new 3/4 finish plywood subfloor installed. The Mohawk flooring was installed professionally using glue and nails. The floor dents very easily. After about a year approximately 10-15% of the pieces started exhibiting cracks along the grain deeper that the "lifelong" varnish. I contacted the installer who agreed that it didn't look right and that the surface was cracking. I checked the warranty paperwork to make sure it was not a one year warranty and was pleased that the flooring is covered by a 30 year warranty. The contractor got in touch with Mohawk who sent a third party inspector to look at the flooring.

After reporting back to Mohawk the contractor was informed that they would not stand behind the product or honor their warranty as the humidity was not correct (we have a whole house humidifier). They did not offer any solution other than saying we would have to live with it. I would advise anyone who is thinking of buying this flooring to look for other brands that might honor the printed warranty.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your floor. Our Consumer Affairs department looked for a claim with your name and the phone number you supplied, but nothing was in the system - was the claim filed under a different name?

Original review: March 12, 2018

We bought a home last fall and installed new Allen and Roth laminate flooring throughout most of it. It was a great product that was holding up very well to our dusty country living, small inside dog, and six small grandkids. Unfortunately we had a flood in December due to frozen pipes that burst under our slab and had to remove every single bit of it.

Our insurance company suggested we use Brewer Carpet One because they had a direct billing contract with them (Mistake #1). We wanted to go back with laminate because we like the comfort of it for our joints, but were so leery because it will not stand up to a flood. We were assured that the Mohawk SolidTech luxury vinyl plank we chose was a top notch product that was tough and durable. Well, less than a week after installation we already knew what an awful product it really is. A contractor working on a different project moved his ladder on our brand new living room floor and left white scratches in several places. The same week we were trying to install our dresser mirror and my husband's tape measure fell off the dresser. The plastic part where the tape dispenses left a perfect indentation and white scratch in our floor right in front of our dresser.

A couple of weeks later our grandkids were spending the week with us and our small granddaughter moved her dining chair out from our table and it left white scratches there. When I noticed it I carefully moved the chair out and it left more white scratches. This weekend I moved a very light wooden TV tray over in our living room. More white scratches! I have never in my life seen such a horrible flooring product. We are not new to flooring. In the past 15 years we have bought and installed several different products in our past homes... Pergo, laminate from Sam's Club, Coretech, and then the Allen and Roth laminate. We have NEVER had the issues we have with this horrible Mohawk product. We will NEVER deal with Brewer Carpet One in OKC again. Nor will we EVER buy another Mohawk product again!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Tammy, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with your flooring! Have you talked to your retailer about your concerns? If needed, your retailer is the one who would file a claim with Mohawk, and work with Mohawk on your behalf.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I considered a couple of other brands but Mohawk was better priced. I purchased the 2 1/2 by 3/4 tongue-and-groove hardwood which was installed in my home. I like the overall look of it and the flooring looks great in our house. We’re very happy with it. It was all in good shape and we love it.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I had Mohawk laminate flooring installed after a water leak in my home. The edges and seams of the flooring is "bubbling up" and in many locations where the boards meet they peak up into a tent. We cannot get any action from Mowhawk customer service. Even our housekeeper comments on how he has never seen a laminate floor with these issues.

I am extremely disheartened by the flooring but more so the lack of response from Mohawk. Although Service Master and myself have contacted a Mohawk customer service representative repeatedly for well over 9 months, we have gotten action. She fails to respond or provide any direction for assistance. I believe this is a stalling tactic. The customer service representative has received all the information to assist - but yet no assistance. Product (Laminate Celebration Merbau) was purchased directly from Mohawk using Customer # **, Invoice # **, Reference Lot **. I am unsure of what to do next? File at small claims court? This has been a major waste of energy and time. I feel completely dismayed as to why a company would even bother with a product "warranty" when there is clearly no intent to stand behind the product.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Anita, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. We are commissioning an independent certified flooring inspector to visit your home and assess the flooring. You should hear from the inspector this week to schedule a time for them to come out. I'm very sorry again for your experience. Take care-- Laura

Original review: March 1, 2018

We purchased a large quantity of "luxury vinyl" called SolidTech. This was the product recommended for a kitchen area and we liked the variation of the coloring. After getting it home and acclimating the flooring we began to install it. The butt ends of the flooring did not seat well and left a sharp edge sporadically that would have definitely caught your foot or sock. So we went back and complained to the store and spoke with the Mohawk representative. We went back to the sample piece and it too had sharp edges at some of the butt joints.

We were only allowed to return the unopened boxes which we understood but at $100 per box they charged us 25% restocking fee on the unopened boxes which totaled approximately $605 on top of eating the cost of the opened boxes; we thought this was excessive for a product we were completely dissatisfied with. The Mohawk representative was not helpful or negotiable and in fact never got back to us as promised. This was not the store owner/dealer that we were dissatisfied with, we continue to do business with them on a replacement floor. Mohawk sold us an inferior product and then would not stand behind their bad product.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Karen, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Would you mind sending me the name and location of the store where you purchased the flooring? We're going to follow up about your situation. I apologize again for your experience, Karen. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We purchased a laminate wood flooring for the large closet that we made to match up the Mohawk hardwood engineered flooring in our bedroom. I was so happy to be able to match the flooring and it looks like it belonged there. It’s only been in for a month but so far, it met my needs very well. It's very good and it’s easy to take care of. We had a wonderful experience with Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We had on the first week of January purchased and installed a 2,550 sq. ft. of 2 x 2 porcelain tiles in a new house closed December 29th. It's a Mohawk arctic white. We also had a laminate floor before from Mohawk but it looks like a fixture and it scratched very easily. There was this one without those but you will get thousands of little scratches and I wouldn’t recommend it. So, that's why we went for the porcelain tile this time. And before that, we've had occasional purchases from Mohawk product. On average, it's a reputable company.

Overall, the quality of the flooring is very good. The matching of the sample on other Mohawk brands and other brands in Manatee are terrible. I even ordered two boxes of another brand and they came in so different, we had to cancel the order. But this one, they did come in with perfect match. There's a nice design in it but there's a printed strip. It's nice arctic white with a grayish pattern but its imperfection occasionally shows up. I'm very satisfied but not extremely satisfied because of this little imperfection and I can show somebody if they want to come by one day. It's in most of the tiles. If I won't tell, people won’t notice it. It's livable but having had Mohawk tiles before, I expected a lot more. But overall, it’s a good tile.

For the future, I would suggest that somebody come out and look at what I'm talking about, just to see it in the manufacturing process as a quality control. I'm a licensed engineer, something's gone astray. The tiles are beautiful, but when you see this somewhat cloud appearance, and then you see these little tiny dots which look like they got in for the master digital version and they got repeated and it couldn't have been in purpose. It was an imperfection that I thought was not acceptable. Someone might come out and might look because they should correct this in their orders because it can only get worse.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I recently had over 1300 square feet of Triversa flooring installed by Complete Kitchen and Bath of Lakeland, Florida. Presently I have only moved minimal furniture back on to the flooring (bed and nightstands in bedroom) and one recliner in the great room. Immediately after installation there were issues with pieces separating and some scuffs during installation. Since then it has scratched easily. My two year old grandson was riding a toy on it and it scratched it, where my 21 year old Pergo laminate floor had endured three previous grandchildren riding toys without any scratches. Also if my two cats (which I do not have declawed as they are inside/outside cats) do any quick movements and have their nails extended it leaves scratches.

I have now been told that Triversa is actually just a vinyl applied over a laminate and can't withstand such activities. We live on a farm where there is a lot of hard living and family activity. I had Pergo laminate flooring for 21+ years and never had any issues with scratching (except for sliding a dresser with an exposed piece of nail and that was my fault). The only reason I replaced the flooring was due to Hurricane Irma water damage in September 2017. I initially had intended to get ceramic tile flooring because of the water issue with laminate, but was sold on the Triversa flooring as a "waterproof flooring", but sadly it is not a livable flooring. Ironically the advertisement for Triversa flooring shows two elephants tossing water on the flooring, but they can't walk on it!!! Yes I'm angry!!!

The retailer that I purchased the flooring and installation through has offered to replace with ceramic tile at a new price with no profit for them. I understand that they are in business to make money, but I've already invested almost $12000 in flooring and now the option presented to me is to have to pay out another $9000 to have the defective flooring removed and new flooring placed, "with no profit for the company". Right now I have requested that a Mohawk representative come to my home and see the flooring before I proceed and incur additional costs. I do not recommend Mohawk Triversa laminate flooring if you intend to "live" on it.

UPDATE on 03/26/2018: Still no resolution on the Mohawk Triversa LVP flooring that was installed in my home. Claim was filed by Complete Kitchen & Bath and photos were sent. Initially was told that a 3rd party inspector would be contacting me to come inspect the flooring, never happened. Was contacted by owner, Kevin **, of Complete Kitchen & Bath and he said that Mohawk had denied the claim (I assume from photos, but assuming is not a good thing for me to do considering what the trend is with dealing with Mohawk). Kevin said he would continue to work on the issue and would contact his local sales representative. Kevin contacted me on Thursday, March 22, and said that Mohawk was telling him that someone has been trying to contact me to come and look at the flooring.

Of course I had to respond with a no as there has been no phone calls, emails, texts or letters received.

Very, very disappointed in the way this has been handled by Mohawk. In addition, the floor continues to "buck" and if we don't tip toe, keep all toys off of floor, lock the cats up -- just basically stay off the floor it continues to get scratches!! I'm waiting to bring the elephant and her calf in to splash a little water around (that's Mohawks ad) maybe Mohawk will do something then. GRRR! Yes I am one mad consumer!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Tina, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. It sounds like your retailer has been highly responsive to your concerns and is working on finding a solution for you. If you want to file a claim, the retailer would do this on your behalf and would work with Mohawk for you. They might send photographs of the floor and/or samples. In some cases a 3rd-party certified independent inspector is commissioned to inspect the flooring and create a report. But regardless, your retailer will be able to advise you on the best course of action to address your concerns, and will work with Mohawk on your behalf. I'm extremely sorry again for your experience, Tina. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We purchased a luxury vinyl tile from Mohawk. I like the white frost design. It was installed in a rental property that we had just purchased and I wish it was in my own home. It's beautiful. It looks like Carrara marble. Somebody walked into the house yesterday and looked at it and couldn’t believe it wasn’t real marble. Also one of the reasons why we purchased it is our condo is on the second floor. We have a neighbor below us and we have an HOA association that requires very strict STC and IIC and Mohawk's product measured really high in that. One of the major thresholds we had to jump with is to get a product that had good sound proofing.

I really like the threshold that came with the product because it's meeting a laminate floor that was installed prior to our purchase. And the threshold that we had over the old flooring, which was ceramic tile and the laminate flooring, was really dangerous. But this one is a nice, rounded and smooth threshold and it's the same color and material as the floor and it blends in beautifully.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I got carpet installed for a bedroom, and I liked the cost and pattern from Mohawk. It's been a fine experience and a coupon was applied to my purchase so I was happy with that.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a luxury valve from Mohawk Flooring. We looked at a lot of different manufacturers before but we like Mohawk's style and quality, and it was easy to install too. However, that flooring would have been great if they had been thicker. If we put it down there would be hot spots and it kind of float when you step on it. You could tell that the flooring would sink under your feet and it was because it was so bent. Nonetheless, we love the floors. In fact, everybody has been asking where we got it and we tell them what kind it is.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We had new "Designer Delight" Mohawk carpet installed in our family room. Within weeks we started having snags or tuft pulls in the carpet. Where the tuft pulled out was a small chunk of glue, presumably where it separated from the backing. When these happened we took pictures and had the dealer come out and inspect. Our dealer sent in a carpet sample for testing for manufacturing defect. My understanding is that the test determines "tuft bind". The test indicates 15 results, ranging from 4.32 to 11.91, with an average of 6.8 lbs. Throwing out the highest and lowest values, results in an average of 6.5 lbs. The result was determined that there was no defect.

I have been unable to find anywhere on the Mohawk site what the standard tuft bind number ought to be. None of these numbers really matter, as the result is that within months of us having our new carpet installed, our carpet is covered with snags. Your marketing indicates that this carpet is ideal for high traffic areas, which our family room is not. In the interest of full disclosure, we do have a dog. This is the same dog that we had before getting this new carpet. Our old carpet was a closed loop, and we never had a single snag. I wish we had never bought this new carpet!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Kirk, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Since the claim was declined based on testing a sample, I'm checking with our Consumer Affairs team to confirm what next steps are available. I will report back shortly with more info. I'm very sorry again for your experience, Kirk.

Take care -- Laura

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Overall we love the flooring (Chocolate Barnwood P9002-103). Except an area around bath floor mat in the bathroom where water drops accumulated the tile is dull (discoloration) and will not shine when using Mop & Glo. Also, in the kitchen some water droplets will not clean.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Worst carpet from Home Depot. 5 years ago it's coming all apart string and scenes is when you vacuum it the stains won't come out. Supposed to be stain proof and wear proof. It's none of the above. Worst carpet I've ever seen. Even Stanley Steemer says it's terrible carpet.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Terry, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Your retailer is to work with Mohawk on your behalf to address your concerns with the carpet. Please contact the store where you bought the carpet, and talk to them about your experience. They can start the claim process for you with Mohawk. I truly apologize again for your experience, Terry. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I like the styles of the Mohawk tiles that I bought a lot last year. They were installed in two bathrooms in our home where one was done 8 months ago and the other was 6 months ago.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I purchased this flooring thinking it would look nice and be easy to take care of. I was so wrong. As soon as I clean it and walk on it there are prints of my shoes all over it. It never looks clean and it's impossible to make it look nice. I've contacted Mohawk and received the e-mail giving me the vinegar to water ratio and it didn't help at all. I really think it is defective. I'm going to pursue this further.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi Teresa, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Have you had time to contact your retailer about your concerns? In most cases, your retailer can file a claim for you - they will work with Mohawk on your behalf. If your retailer is out of business or unresponsive, you can contact our Consumer Affairs team by sending us some info at the following page: http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm very again for your experience, Teresa. Take care-- Laura

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information