2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

3.5/5 (946 ratings)

About Mohawk Flooring

Mohawk manufactures and sells a full range of carpet, hardwood, vinyl wood-look and tile flooring. Mohawk carpeting is available in more than 300 colors and styles, with options for stain-resistant, wear-resistant or both. The company’s All Pet Protection and Warranty is available on many of its products, including SmartStrand carpet, RevWood Plus and SolidTech vinyl. All Pet Plus adds scratch resistance. You can order samples directly from the company online.

Pros

• Extensive selection
  • Eco-friendly options
  • Pet stain-resistant carpet
  • Comprehensive warranties

Cons

• Installation not included in price
  • Only available from certain retailers

Bottom Line

Mohawk flooring comes in a comprehensive range of materials, styles and colors. Eco-friendly options, pet stain-resistant carpet, durable waterproof laminate and affordable hardwood set this company apart.

Top Mohawk Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Mohawk Flooring gave me the advice that I needed on what to look for in a carpet before ordering… The installation was super great. It was installed in the living room and two be...

Verified

I got carpet through Mohawk Flooring for my living room. I had a good experience during installation. Plus, I like the quality of the carpet that was put in. It was thick. Last ye...

What is Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, wood and vinyl. One of Mohawk’s most popular items is its SmartStrand Forever Clean carpet, which resists moisture and fading and comes with a pet stain warranty. Mohawk’s other carpet lines include:

• EverStrand is Mohawk’s recycled line and is made from 100% recycled materials. It has an odor-resistant feature.
  • UltraStrand is Mohawk’s line of nylon products that are designed for extra softness.
  • Air.O is Mohawk’s hypoallergenic line. This carpet is free of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and provides better airflow to release dust when vacuuming.
  • ColorMax is designed with vivid and rich colors that coordinate with tile and wood styles.

Mohawk's wood flooring options include RevWood (Plus and Select), SolidWood and TecWood lines. You can shop its wood flooring by color or installation method. Features of each product line include:

• RevWood comes in more than 30 colors and is scratch resistant and waterproof. It includes an All Pet Protection option.
  • SolidWood planks are designed from domestic and exotic hardwoods. They come in walnut, oak, maple or hickory.
  • TecWood is a low-maintenance flooring option designed to resist contraction and expansion from humidity.

Mohawk also offers vinyl and tile flooring options on its website.

Mohawk carpet pricing

Mohawk natural hardwood flooring typically starts at about $4 per square foot, and carpeting ranges from 55 cents to around $9 per square foot. Vinyl wood-look flooring prices range from $2 to $4 per square foot.

Depending on the retailer you purchase from, you may have to pay an additional installation fee. Financing may be available for qualified customers at participating retailers. Before committing to work with a company, make sure you ask about additional installation fees and financing options.

Mohawk Flooring FAQ

Is Mohawk vinyl plank flooring good?
Mohawk vinyl plank flooring is waterproof and resists heat and sunlight. It’s also easy to install, affordable and available in tile, plank or sheet formats in a wide variety of colors and styles. The company’s vinyl plank flooring comes with a warranty.
How do you care for a Mohawk laminate floor?
Pick up heavy items when moving to avoid scratching, and clean with a soft bristle broom and mop. Shoe scuffs wipe off easily.
Where is Mohawk Flooring made?
Mohawk flooring materials come from various sources, and all products are assembled in the U.S.
How much is Mohawk vinyl plank flooring?
Mohawk vinyl plank flooring is about $2 to $4 per square foot. Prices vary by retailer and product line.

Is Mohawk Flooring good?

Consumers looking for a one-stop shop that showcases a wide range of materials, styles and colors in one place will appreciate the variety of products available from Mohawk. From affordable laminate styles to luxury silk-like carpeting, Mohawk Flooring offers options for all budgets. For families with pets, Mohawk offers an All Pet Protection and Warranty plan on some of its carpet and laminate materials. The company’s flooring is designed for durability and easy cleaning, but Mohawk Flooring does not install flooring or sell its products directly online.

Mohawk Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Went in Home Depot in 2002 to purchase Pergo laminate flooring. Had six boxes loaded in cart when I was approached by a flooring employee who ask me who was installing my floor. I replied to him a neighbor. He said, "If you let us install the flooring by a certified flooring technician you will have a lifetime warranty." Of course I fell for it. About four or five years ago the floor started to buckle up in several areas. I could not do anything about it as I was unable to find paperwork. In June I had a new credenza delivered and needed to clean out drawers. I was quite excited to find registration as well as receipt. I immediately called Mohawk flooring and gave them various information. The information was confirmed by Mohawk saying that the flooring was covered by manufacturer’s warranty, but I would need to go to store to pursue claim. The store was Home Depot in Norfolk, Virginia on Military Highway.

For two months, I visited the store several times and spent hours on the phone holding on only to be transferred to numerous people that would pass me on to someone else. I feel if I was mislead on by both Mohawk and Home Depot. The bottom line they denied the claim. It buckled up through no fault of my own. Always going to have someone call me back which doesn’t happen. Was offered a Home Depot card of 250 from flooring manager which I am grateful for but all of this aggravation over a 1300 dollar claim which will probably be way more to have the floor replaced. The floor gas been well maintained and cared for.

My message to everyone is where is accountability anymore. Why would you send a letter saying it is covered by manufacturer's warranty and then deny claim. Why not deny it in the beginning instead of putting a 76 year old through 2 months of stress. I guess with limited staff due to Covid 19, staff can treat customers how they like with no accountability. Was considering laminate flooring for the rest of my house, but certainly no consideration for MOHAWK FLOORING. YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE SENT SOMEONE OUT TO INSPECT THE SITUATION.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Purchased the Mohawk Life Proof carpet at a price of $4880.00 for my living room and 2 bedrooms through Home Depot in Nov. 2020. In April 2021 pickup up couch for cleaning and there is a area under the couch where the top threads are unraveling. Contacted Home Depot, they opened up a claim with "The Mill" (Mohawk) first step, take and send pictures (done!), get carpet professionally cleaned (done!), they send a professional inspector (they DO NOT send this report to the consumer). Home Depot and "The Mill" (Mohawk) claim it is "SITE RELATED" what does that mean?!

Have been emailing, calling and faxing since April. Home Depot is now putting this on the Mohawk and has stopped responding. My hope is that customers do their homework and read reviews. Don't be fooled by the 25 year texture and retention warranty, I had only had this carpeting for 5 months. Shame on you Home Depot and Mohawk.

Original review: July 19, 2021

New Mohawk carpet was put into my home 2/2018 after we had a wildfire that burnt down many of the homes on our street. We suffered only smoke damage. I live in a pristine home, with only my husband and no pets. The carpet we chose was a Sisal Impression 172. We immediately started to show pilling in areas of our home which isn't even walked on. Stains couldn't be removed and we abided by their request that every 18 months we get the carpet professionally cleaned. When they sent out their inspector he was blown away by our home and couldn't believe the staining and inability by professionals to get it out. Then Mohawk denied our warranty claim. I was willing to get Mohawk again in other rooms if they worked with us but we will never again buy Mohawk (an American company) and will tell my friends, many of whom are ready to get flooring, to use this company.

Original review: July 6, 2021

After reviewing hundreds of samples, my design team decided on the Solidtech Plus Luxury Vinyl Flooring (Franklin/De Soto) in Bangor color. We ordered 3 samples of this flooring to make sure we accounted for potential variations (different sources). All were exceptional and distributed to our designers and furniture makers to match. The flooring arrived a month later and was labeled to match our order, but the flooring inside was a different color. Our project manager brought a couple pieces to a flooring showroom and found the color matched another Mohawk product and not the one we ordered. Our rep initially could see the difference, but is now pretending like they are a perfect match. I could have got a bad color from Home Depot for $2 a square foot.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

We purchased carpet about a year ago and it’s already started to unpill and it looks like a shaggy wet dog. Normal wear and tear from 2 senior citizens— carpet should be able to last longer than a year. They refused to honor their "25-year quality warranty." Will never buy Mohawk again

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I built my house and bought Mohawk 32534-94 wood flooring that started to separate and break apart within a month of being installed by an employee of the flooring company I bought it from. Over 2 years of excuses and get put off by my the local store I contacted Mohawk. This was the same, I would get a claim number and when I called it would get transferred to a hood line that eventually would hang up on me. Very disappointed and have to replace all of it. Warranties are as only good as the company and this is a very poor one.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I purchased 139 sq.yds of Mohawks Hudson Landing carpet, within about 3 years it really started showing wear and they came out to look at it. They said because we did not professionally clean it as written in the warranty they would not cover it. What a joke. No one cleans carpet that often! I sold carpet for 5 years so I do understand carpet and warranty. They brought in a carpet appraiser to look at our carpet and that is what he concluded.

The joke is we are 2 people that live here and gone for at least 2 months every year and would almost never wear outside shoes in our house, also live in a city. We also had a professional come clean it before they looked at it and he wrote us a letter stating that our carpet was very clean when he cleaned it. Just been frustrated that you spend all this money and they use the cleaning as an escape which is clearly not the problem. The company that installed it have been fighting for me also and they are getting nowhere. The last offer they offered me is they would sell me new stuff for half price....Really!! What an insult !!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I purchased a home and ended up having to replace the carpet throughout the house. I was shopping around and went to a reliable carpet company. After looking at different carpet brands I decided on Mohawk. The carpet felt nice, there was a good warranty, and good stain protection. When the carpet was being installed I asked about getting a thicker padding for more cushioning, but was told it would void the warranty.

For several years everything was great, and the carpet felt great. Then it slowly started. While walking on the carpet there was a loud crinkling almost as if I was stepping on a plastic bag. As time went on it spread to about 85% of the rest of the house where the carpet was installed. The only place it wasn't an issue was where we had some of the thicker carpet installed.

After a while of the crinkling sound with each step I finally called the company that installed the carpet. They ended up coming out, and a sample of the padding was taken. We waited to find out what Mohawk would say confident that the padding would be replaced as we were told other people had the same issue. About a week later the company called and told me the claim was denied stating the padding was that way because it had gotten wet. I was then asked if the carpet had been washed. I told him the carpet had not been washed. That might be a reasonable excuse if it were only in a part of the house, but this is throughout. I am now waiting for them to reach out to Mohawk again to replace the beyond faulty padding.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello David, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I apologize for your experience with your carpet padding. Thank you for having reached out to your retailer in order to initiate your claim process. Your retailer will continue to do all communication with Mohawk on your behalf regarding your concerns. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Carpet was to come clean if pet urine, feces, or vomit. Independent carpet inspection determined that carpet will not come clean. The urine remained in the carpet under his urine black light and to the naked eye after he brought in his own carpet cleaner and used hot water extraction to clean several test areas. They denied even though he spent a great amount of time and did many test to make sure he gave honest results.

Mohawk Flooring response
    Hello Candace, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Although your claim was declined, you can have the claim reopened by hiring an inspector to assess your carpet, and then sending their report to Mohawk. The Claims Analyst will reopen the claim once the new report is received. The inspector you hire should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: July 4, 2020

My wife bought new carpet for our house and within 2 weeks it looked like the carpet was 10 years old. The carpet was vacuumed multiple times a week. It didn't seem to help the carpet. I've tried having someone from Express Flooring take a look at it and they won't do anything about the carpet.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Gene, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand you have reached out to your retailer - your retailer is generally responsible for addressing your concerns and for working with Mohawk on your behalf. If you'll send us some more info at the following link, we can advise you. Please note on the form what the communication has been from your retailer, when you've reached out to them. I'm very sorry again for your experience. http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

Mohawk Flooring Company Information