Call toll free
3.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

848 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We tried out a few different brands and decided that the Mohawk was a good mix of the plushness, durability and cost. All their products seemed to be good as far as cost and durability were concerned. We chose our carpet based on the color and the style. The guy who came in installed it pretty easily too. The only drawback was the product off-gassed for about a week and a bit. Otherwise, it’s excellent. We've had it for two months now and I'm really happy with it. I’ll be buying it again if I buy more carpet.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We had Mohawk install carpet on our living room. We were considering every brand, but that’s the one we liked. It’s definitely much better than what we had. It’s softer. We also got a good price, so I would say it has the edge. We’re real happy with them.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This company is a fraud and anyone shall be aware of it when considering buying their products. I spent about 20K with their product and installations. After a few weeks/months, the laminate started to come off. An inspector confirmed that the delamination was a manufacturing issue. The company wants to replace 40% of the flooring which I never seen happen. If there's a manufacturing issue all the product shall be replaced, not just the product that is already showing the product. What about the product that will have the problem later? I work with manufacturing and if there's a problem we recall all product from that production series, not just the ones that are evidencing the problem. The likelihood that it will happen is high. I never saw a car manufacturer recall just the cars showing a problem, they recall all the cars. This just demonstrated the level of this company. Do a favor to yourself, don't use their products.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Filipe, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Please communicate to your retailer that you would like a full replacement, and the retailer will speak with Mohawk on your behalf about this. Would you mind responding here with your seven-digit claim number as well? We weren't able to find a claim under your name, but we'd like to double-check via the claim number. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I purchased a carpet from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in the living room. I checked out other places looking for that particular carpet, but they didn’t carry what I wanted and then someone told me about Mohawk Flooring. The installation took two hours and it went fine. I like the carpet. I had a very good experience and I'd recommend Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

We purchased Mohawk because it’s a franchise. And they decided to go with this particular color and brand because they had a good experience with it at the other location. It’s pricier but the looks and the quality are good. The hardwood we bought is for commercial use and it was pretty easy to work with the product. We are using the product for counter, wall surface and vents.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We purchased Mohawk wall to wall carpet from Home Depot in December 2015. It was supposed to be friendly to normal wear and tear. Within a short period of time the color started to look off. After two years the carpet had changed from blue to brown. We were told that we needed to provide proof that we had had the carpets cleaned. Our carpets are vacuumed every week and doing a steam clean was not going to improve our problem - we worried it would make it worse. We have tried for the last year to get the carpet replaced with Home Depot. They have dragged their heels. We recently pulled up the carpet and brought it in to them. They say they are trying to resolve the file and nothing happens. We have documented the carpet before and after and kept samples. The photos are unreal. I would like to know how to escalate this complaint. Thank you.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Mary, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I asked our Consumer Affairs team about the status of your claim - they are going to contact you directly. If you do not hear from them soon, you can reply to me here on this site and I will follow up. I apologize again for your experience! Laura with Mohawk

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I had laminate flooring installed by Mohawk Flooring in the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. However, the installers didn’t have the correct measurements. It wasn’t clear communication for them what they were doing. They didn’t have the right color or amount of quarter rounds. I had to take what they had on the truck. I was expecting brown but they brought white. They found enough two different browns on their truck. Because it's such a large area, they put together two different quarter rounds, which ended up being okay. The installation of the floor itself was good. We had white tile before, and now the flooring is a wood grain look so it's enhancing to the appearance. Also, I like that it's waterproof.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I love my new COREtec flooring from Mohawk. I got a lot of compliments on it since I had it installed in my basement. It's really good. I looked at different brands and Mohawk was the best value for the money and the most durable. Plus, I like its style. The cork underneath it is very comfortable to walk on and I like that the flooring doesn’t scratch.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Bought Pergo Lancaster Oak laminate flooring from Lowe's and had it professionally installed by Lowe's. Had Lowe's file a claim with pictures of curled edges and where the edges actually broke off. I called Mohawk to confirm that they received the pictures- they did. So far no response from Mohawk in three months.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Peter, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. I reached out to the Pergo claims team: they shared that they had received 2 pictures from the retailer and had been advised that more pictures were coming, but additional pictures were not received. The claims team is going back over the information that was provided and will be reaching out to your retailer shortly. I apologize again for your experience with your floor. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We purchased Mohawk Carpet at a local dealer in our town in August 2015 for 3 bedrooms. Within 3 months it started to have dry marks in the traffic areas. The carpet after 3 years does not have any stains (because we are very careful). There are only two adults in this house and no pets. Our last carpeting lasted 15 years and it was in a good condition. We replaced it because we wanted something different. We waited one year and it only got worse. The professional cleaning could not remove these marks. After 3 years it is bad and cleaning does not help. The company blames us that these traffic problems due to the soil deposits (we have so called life-time warranty). The house is very clean and we even do not use shoes inside the house, and treat thing with extra care. We need to replace this terrible carpet since it has terrible look.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Anatoly, I'm Laura with Mohawk and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Our Consumer Affairs team searched for a claim under your first and last name, and we weren't able to find a claim. Did your retailer file a claim on your behalf? If so, was it possibly filed under a different name, or you have the claim number handy that you could send me? We will then be able to look again for the claim and advise on any next steps for you. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Purchased & installed this carpeting in 3 bedrooms about 5 years ago. Was advertised as Rhino tested for stain removal, etc. Has been professionally cleaned at least once a year. Stains are not removable. Normal walking paths look filthy again one week after cleaning. Snags are frequent. DON'T BUY! Finally fed-up, scraping money together to replace, "call the dealer"; "Highland" Flooring, Flagstaff AZ. "Send pictures, no problem, small claim, Mohawk will make good on 20 Year warranty". Five weeks no one will respond. DON't believe what MOHAWK says. Highland Flooring is useless too!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Michaela, I'm Laura with Mohawk - we've messaged on a different site, but I just wanted to note here that your dealer is sending the Claims folks the requested info, and your claim will proceed. I'm very sorry again for your experience with your carpet.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The vinyl that we purchased from Mohawk was more expensive than the other brands, however, because it was a bigger company, they could offer 18 months, 0% financing. Also, I liked the warranty for 12 years and the quality of the product is better. So, I went with the quality as opposed to the price. They did the installation last week but it’s not finished yet. I ordered it on August 13th and I was getting pieces in. In fact, they still don’t have some of the transition pieces done. So, I haven’t really used it, but I’m hoping that the waterproofing feature would be great just in case I have a problem in the future.

I like Mohawk's product. The flooring is beautiful and the quality is there. I can't ding them for the length of time needing to wait and the fact that not everything is in because it’s something out of their control. I called them six weeks after I ordered and they said it was supposed to be in that Friday and they’d give me a call. They didn’t call. I called back again the following Friday and they said, “Oh, that was changed to this Friday.” But everything’s in and they went to install it. And as soon as the transition pieces come in, they will call me, we’ll set up the time, and they will come out complete the job.

The only thing is Mohawk sent me a $500 coupon that I was unable to use. I have a very large basement with over 1,100 square feet and because it was over a thousand, they told me I could utilize pallet pricing. So, I thought that was great because I qualified for it. But then, I had a $500 coupon that they refused to allow me to use because they either got pallet pricing or I got the $500 coupon. The pallet pricing was a lot less. But in my mind, if the job is big enough to qualify for it, it wasn’t a special gift to me. I was really a little annoyed with them at that when I set it all up. If I had a coupon, I had a coupon. Now, if I only had 900 square feet, and they were kind enough to say, “Hey, you’re close enough. I’ll give you pallet pricing,” that would have been a different story. But I have 1,100 square feet which was over a thousand. I qualified for the pallet pricing, so I should have been able to utilize that $500 coupon. And they told me, “No, one or the other.”

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I manage apartments and one of our units was installed with a vinyl flooring by Mohawk Flooring. The apartment owner ordered it and it was installed a month ago. I was happy with the product.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We have a dog and so we were looking for something that is designed for pets and is stain resistant. I looked at other brands but Mohawk was our first choice because of the quality and the colors. The carpeting that we bought from them was installed in the middle of September and it's beautiful. It turned out better than expected and we're totally satisfied with it. I'd absolutely recommend Mohawk Flooring. It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It's top of the line.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had considered all sorts of things and purchased flooring with Mohawk because I liked the look of it and because of the variety in the planks. Also, Altimate Flooring offered to install it which was a huge thing, too. The cost was pretty good. There were other thicker floors that I have looked at that I was really impartial to, but I ended up going with this due to the cost of the installation. I got the Mohawk Silhouette Vershire Shadow Wood and my favorite is that it has variable colors. But I was hoping it would’ve been a little bit more durable. It scratches a lot easier than I had hoped. Aside from that, I’m pretty happy with them overall. I would definitely recommend Mohawk.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Mohawk's SmartStrand carpet had an anti-stain feature and the carpet wouldn’t soak up any dirt. It’s also soft and it’s got a really nice pad underneath it. We had it installed in a bedroom down the basement. We’ve had the carpet for six weeks now and we love it. I’d recommend it to other people.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We purchased 107 sq. Yards of Mohawk Coastal Path III at a local dealer in our town in March 2018. It cost $5,000. Within 6 months it started to show wear. It was flattened by the doorways and showed track marks where we walk as well. We are only two adults in this house and no pets. Our last carpeting lasted 30 years in our living room, dining room, and hall with barely any wear. We just replaced it because the color was not trending anymore and we wanted the same carpeting installed throughout the house. We waited one year and it only got worse. At that point, we contacted our salesman and he came over to see the carpet. He said he had never seen a carpet that new that showed that much wear. As you can imagine, he sees lots of carpeting.

We are only two adults in this house and no pets. He contacted Mohawk and they sent over an inspector. He was very polite and asked a lot of questions. He filled out a report and sent it to Mohawk. The next week our salesman contacted us and said that their finding was that what we see is “normal wear and tear”. No way! This decision is unacceptable and I will never buy Mohawk Carpeting again. They should be ashamed of themselves. To say that we are disappointed only scratches the surface of how we feel.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Nancy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with your carpet. If you disagree with the first inspection's assessment, you can have a second inspection done. You would hire an inspector and have them come out to assess your carpet, and if they have different findings, they can send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector must be certified by either the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- on both sites, just enter your zip code to find your nearest inspectors (they usually have a wide radius of service). You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I'm apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We looked at multiple brands that were in Westvalley Carpet & Flooring and the reps showed us different price points. The color that we were looking for happened to be in the price range that was within our budget and then we picked what we wanted. We bought some Mohawk vinyl planks and had them installed in our kitchen. The flooring looks nice and it's easy to keep clean. It has worked for us and I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Stay as far away from Mohawk engineered flooring as you can. Purchased this flooring less than 3 years ago for a new build. 90% of the house has this wood floor. After less than three years the floor is de-laminating. Mohawk sent out an independent inspector that they pay. They blamed it on the way the floor was laid. We used a contracted licensed installer recommended by Mohawk. Supposedly the floor is warrantied. However, they do not stand behind their products. This has been a terrible experience and the floor is terribly unsightly. DO NOT BUY FLOORING FROM MOHAWK. Their customer service is even worse.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Ann, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Since your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can have a second inspection done: you would hire an inspector and have them send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector should be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or by the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors on both sites. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector would send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I have installed hardwood floor for over 20 years mostly Armstrong and Bruce. I recently purchased a new house and decided to go with Mohawk prefinished hand scraped flooring. The floor has been nothing but a nightmare. It’s checking and very soft. Trying to complain because I believe the floor was never properly dried out before the finish was applied to the flooring. Have an inspector come out to look at the floor and he told me I should had a moisture test done on the subfloor and there’s nothing in the direction stating that at all. If I was you looking for a hardwood floor I would definitely recommend Armstrong or Bruce. Stay away from Mohawk or you’ll be sorry. Like I said I’ve been doing this a long time and only ran into a problem with Mohawk. Beware, spending over $7000 for hardwood floor is a lot of money to waste!!!

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi William, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Though your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can have a second inspection done: you would hire an inspector and have them assess your flooring and send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- on both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. All of the installation instructions for our hardwood products are available on our website, and you will find the requirements in them for subfloor moisture testing. Please see the installation PDFs near the end of this page: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/wood/wood-guides/installation

I'm sorry again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought a Mohawk waterproof plank and it's five millimeters thick. It's fantastic. It looks better than the carpet and it seems to be very good and easy to clean too. We're listing our house for sale on Friday and it's gonna be a good selling point.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We're just renters in the house and we convinced our landlord that Mohawk Flooring's carpet was definitely the best stuff to go with. I just moved to this city and I went on to the Mohawk website to find a local vendor that was offering the carpet. After I entered information on the Mohawk website, they called me within 5 minutes to come out and do a measurement. The customer service was outstanding and they actually ended up budging a little bit on the price. That was great because we only had a certain dollar amount that they would spend.

My new carpet is so soft and I love it. It's comfortable and stain-resistant. It has got multiple colors in it so it's really pretty. It's also a kind of a neutral color, so they go with everything. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from people who come into our home too. It's a carpet I had in a previous home and it's a little bit more expensive but it's worth it. Overall, we're very satisfied. My husband is a college football coach so we move fairly frequently. And as we continue to move to different places, we would continue to look at Mohawk as the solution for us.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased a home with Mohawk Laminate flooring installed throughout most of the home. I was surprised to find out the flooring was only 5 years old. The floor had been damp mopped monthly and is showing signs of separation at the seams throughout the entire floor. I contacted Sears who sold and installed the floor. After inspection Sears referred the issue to Mohawk who sent another inspector and determined the floor was damaged due to improper care and would not do anything to remedy the situation. How does Mohawk sell a product that cannot stand up to monthly damp mop cleaning? I contacted Mohawk again to share my concern and dissatisfaction with the outcome and have had no response. Again, how does a flooring company sell a product that does not withstand normal wear and cleaning? Buyer beware!

Mohawk Flooring response
Hello Bridgette, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. The care and maintenance for our laminate (RevWood) products is described here: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/wood/wood-guides/care

We advise cleaning the floors by dust mopping and by slightly damp mopping with Mohawk FloorCare Essentials wood & laminate cleaner. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I installed Mohawk Flooring's snap-together wood in somebody else’s house and they love it. I did 1,200 square feet of floor and it took two days. It was an easy thing to do and the product was good. I've been doing floors for 30 years now and I always do it with Mohawk. It's been good every time I deal with their flooring.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Bought $13,000.00 of Karastan carpet and was not able to get one stain out. I truly believe this carpet did not have an ounce of stain guard on it. A rep was sent out but did not remove any carpet to inspect pad. He sent in the claim and I received a mere $2000.00 to replace an entire house. That’s was about 4 yrs ago and now I want new flooring. While Mohawks Caramel Oak would be my choice I cannot buy because they do not stand behind their warranty. The Karastan carpet had also been restretched twice. Who does that! Never had to with any other carpet I’ve had. Lesson learned. Won’t make that mistake again and that’s a shame. Love the color of the flooring but won’t buy for fear of having the same customer service.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Javan, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I've provided your comments to our Consumer Affairs department. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We liked the color and design of the carpet that Mohawk had. Our contractor installed the carpet in a couple of hours. People say that carpets shed but ours hasn't really shed as much even after we vacuumed it. One time, we had a kid poop on the carpet, but we cleaned that up pretty quickly. While we were shocked by the price, which did not even include our contractor price, we had a great experience with Mohawk. The carpet looks pretty good and we love it. Our contractor said that what we got was probably one of the best carpets anyone could buy. It's of the highest quality.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We took the stain guard Karastan carpet from Mohawk. We picked it partially for the color but the pet care warranty was the biggest reason. It was warranted against all as far as stains and so forth but also pet urines and other pet bile. Plus, the carpet itself has a 25-year warranty on it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My dog that just moved into our house kept slipping on the stairs so I purchased from Mohawk some carpet for the tread on our stairs as suggested to us. I chose whatever Mohawk could get to me as fast as possible. I was told that it was in stock. However, there was a bit of issue in ordering and I had to wait as the carpet had to be ordered. But once the order was placed, everything was fine. The installation was great. In fact, we will do further additional rooms once we're ready for taking little projects at a time. Our experience with Mohawk has been great.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased Mohawk Flooring's Ever Clean Strand Carpet and chose that for the physical ease of cleaning since I have a baby. It's nice and good quality, and I like the texture. I'm happy with my new Mohawk Flooring. I've got good carpet options from Mohawk and I would also recommend them to other people.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

When I went to Avalon, we wanted to go with a higher-end carpet. We were offered three styles and we chose this latest one from Mohawk because it was available and we didn’t have to wait. The carpet was advertised that it would not leave footprints and that was the reason we bought it. But when you step on it, you can see footprints. Other than that, we liked it a lot. We were offered a great price and it was a great experience. The carpet was installed in a room at home within a week. And we’re planning to put in another one now.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information