Call toll free
3.84/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

834 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We have a dog and so we were looking for something that is designed for pets and is stain resistant. I looked at other brands but Mohawk was our first choice because of the quality and the colors. The carpeting that we bought from them was installed in the middle of September and it's beautiful. It turned out better than expected and we're totally satisfied with it. I'd absolutely recommend Mohawk Flooring. It's expensive, but you get what you pay for. It's top of the line.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I had considered all sorts of things and purchased flooring with Mohawk because I liked the look of it and because of the variety in the planks. Also, Altimate Flooring offered to install it which was a huge thing, too. The cost was pretty good. There were other thicker floors that I have looked at that I was really impartial to, but I ended up going with this due to the cost of the installation. I got the Mohawk Silhouette Vershire Shadow Wood and my favorite is that it has variable colors. But I was hoping it would’ve been a little bit more durable. It scratches a lot easier than I had hoped. Aside from that, I’m pretty happy with them overall. I would definitely recommend Mohawk.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We purchased 107 sq. Yards of Mohawk Coastal Path III at a local dealer in our town in March 2018. It cost $5,000. Within 6 months it started to show wear. It was flattened by the doorways and showed track marks where we walk as well. We are only two adults in this house and no pets. Our last carpeting lasted 30 years in our living room, dining room, and hall with barely any wear. We just replaced it because the color was not trending anymore and we wanted the same carpeting installed throughout the house. We waited one year and it only got worse. At that point, we contacted our salesman and he came over to see the carpet. He said he had never seen a carpet that new that showed that much wear. As you can imagine, he sees lots of carpeting.

We are only two adults in this house and no pets. He contacted Mohawk and they sent over an inspector. He was very polite and asked a lot of questions. He filled out a report and sent it to Mohawk. The next week our salesman contacted us and said that their finding was that what we see is “normal wear and tear”. No way! This decision is unacceptable and I will never buy Mohawk Carpeting again. They should be ashamed of themselves. To say that we are disappointed only scratches the surface of how we feel.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Nancy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with your carpet. If you disagree with the first inspection's assessment, you can have a second inspection done. You would hire an inspector and have them come out to assess your carpet, and if they have different findings, they can send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector must be certified by either the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- on both sites, just enter your zip code to find your nearest inspectors (they usually have a wide radius of service). You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I'm apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

We looked at multiple brands that were in Westvalley Carpet & Flooring and the reps showed us different price points. The color that we were looking for happened to be in the price range that was within our budget and then we picked what we wanted. We bought some Mohawk vinyl planks and had them installed in our kitchen. The flooring looks nice and it's easy to keep clean. It has worked for us and I would recommend it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Stay as far away from Mohawk engineered flooring as you can. Purchased this flooring less than 3 years ago for a new build. 90% of the house has this wood floor. After less than three years the floor is de-laminating. Mohawk sent out an independent inspector that they pay. They blamed it on the way the floor was laid. We used a contracted licensed installer recommended by Mohawk. Supposedly the floor is warrantied. However, they do not stand behind their products. This has been a terrible experience and the floor is terribly unsightly. DO NOT BUY FLOORING FROM MOHAWK. Their customer service is even worse.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Ann, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Since your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can have a second inspection done: you would hire an inspector and have them send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector should be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or by the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors on both sites. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector would send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I have installed hardwood floor for over 20 years mostly Armstrong and Bruce. I recently purchased a new house and decided to go with Mohawk prefinished hand scraped flooring. The floor has been nothing but a nightmare. It’s checking and very soft. Trying to complain because I believe the floor was never properly dried out before the finish was applied to the flooring. Have an inspector come out to look at the floor and he told me I should had a moisture test done on the subfloor and there’s nothing in the direction stating that at all. If I was you looking for a hardwood floor I would definitely recommend Armstrong or Bruce. Stay away from Mohawk or you’ll be sorry. Like I said I’ve been doing this a long time and only ran into a problem with Mohawk. Beware, spending over $7000 for hardwood floor is a lot of money to waste!!!

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi William, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Though your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can have a second inspection done: you would hire an inspector and have them assess your flooring and send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- on both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. All of the installation instructions for our hardwood products are available on our website, and you will find the requirements in them for subfloor moisture testing. Please see the installation PDFs near the end of this page: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/wood/wood-guides/installation

I'm sorry again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I bought a Mohawk waterproof plank and it's five millimeters thick. It's fantastic. It looks better than the carpet and it seems to be very good and easy to clean too. We're listing our house for sale on Friday and it's gonna be a good selling point.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We're just renters in the house and we convinced our landlord that Mohawk Flooring's carpet was definitely the best stuff to go with. I just moved to this city and I went on to the Mohawk website to find a local vendor that was offering the carpet. After I entered information on the Mohawk website, they called me within 5 minutes to come out and do a measurement. The customer service was outstanding and they actually ended up budging a little bit on the price. That was great because we only had a certain dollar amount that they would spend.

My new carpet is so soft and I love it. It's comfortable and stain-resistant. It has got multiple colors in it so it's really pretty. It's also a kind of a neutral color, so they go with everything. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from people who come into our home too. It's a carpet I had in a previous home and it's a little bit more expensive but it's worth it. Overall, we're very satisfied. My husband is a college football coach so we move fairly frequently. And as we continue to move to different places, we would continue to look at Mohawk as the solution for us.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased a home with Mohawk Laminate flooring installed throughout most of the home. I was surprised to find out the flooring was only 5 years old. The floor had been damp mopped monthly and is showing signs of separation at the seams throughout the entire floor. I contacted Sears who sold and installed the floor. After inspection Sears referred the issue to Mohawk who sent another inspector and determined the floor was damaged due to improper care and would not do anything to remedy the situation. How does Mohawk sell a product that cannot stand up to monthly damp mop cleaning? I contacted Mohawk again to share my concern and dissatisfaction with the outcome and have had no response. Again, how does a flooring company sell a product that does not withstand normal wear and cleaning? Buyer beware!

Mohawk Flooring response
Hello Bridgette, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. The care and maintenance for our laminate (RevWood) products is described here: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/wood/wood-guides/care

We advise cleaning the floors by dust mopping and by slightly damp mopping with Mohawk FloorCare Essentials wood & laminate cleaner. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I installed Mohawk Flooring's snap-together wood in somebody else’s house and they love it. I did 1,200 square feet of floor and it took two days. It was an easy thing to do and the product was good. I've been doing floors for 30 years now and I always do it with Mohawk. It's been good every time I deal with their flooring.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Bought $13,000.00 of Karastan carpet and was not able to get one stain out. I truly believe this carpet did not have an ounce of stain guard on it. A rep was sent out but did not remove any carpet to inspect pad. He sent in the claim and I received a mere $2000.00 to replace an entire house. That’s was about 4 yrs ago and now I want new flooring. While Mohawks Caramel Oak would be my choice I cannot buy because they do not stand behind their warranty. The Karastan carpet had also been restretched twice. Who does that! Never had to with any other carpet I’ve had. Lesson learned. Won’t make that mistake again and that’s a shame. Love the color of the flooring but won’t buy for fear of having the same customer service.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Javan, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I've provided your comments to our Consumer Affairs department. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We liked the color and design of the carpet that Mohawk had. Our contractor installed the carpet in a couple of hours. People say that carpets shed but ours hasn't really shed as much even after we vacuumed it. One time, we had a kid poop on the carpet, but we cleaned that up pretty quickly. While we were shocked by the price, which did not even include our contractor price, we had a great experience with Mohawk. The carpet looks pretty good and we love it. Our contractor said that what we got was probably one of the best carpets anyone could buy. It's of the highest quality.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We took the stain guard Karastan carpet from Mohawk. We picked it partially for the color but the pet care warranty was the biggest reason. It was warranted against all as far as stains and so forth but also pet urines and other pet bile. Plus, the carpet itself has a 25-year warranty on it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

My dog that just moved into our house kept slipping on the stairs so I purchased from Mohawk some carpet for the tread on our stairs as suggested to us. I chose whatever Mohawk could get to me as fast as possible. I was told that it was in stock. However, there was a bit of issue in ordering and I had to wait as the carpet had to be ordered. But once the order was placed, everything was fine. The installation was great. In fact, we will do further additional rooms once we're ready for taking little projects at a time. Our experience with Mohawk has been great.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I purchased Mohawk Flooring's Ever Clean Strand Carpet and chose that for the physical ease of cleaning since I have a baby. It's nice and good quality, and I like the texture. I'm happy with my new Mohawk Flooring. I've got good carpet options from Mohawk and I would also recommend them to other people.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

When I went to Avalon, we wanted to go with a higher-end carpet. We were offered three styles and we chose this latest one from Mohawk because it was available and we didn’t have to wait. The carpet was advertised that it would not leave footprints and that was the reason we bought it. But when you step on it, you can see footprints. Other than that, we liked it a lot. We were offered a great price and it was a great experience. The carpet was installed in a room at home within a week. And we’re planning to put in another one now.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I'm with a flooring contractor and I got Mohawk Flooring's linoleum plank for one of my customers. This product is very nice and I like it a lot. They fit it with the color. It's very clean and does not come with any defects from the manufacturer. I did the installation for 200 square feet in the house of my customer and they're more than happy. I have used some other flooring brands but Mohawk Flooring is better and I want to recommend them. Their product is very good and hopefully it stays in the market a little longer because the market is always coming up with something new and some of the products get in and out quickly.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We purchased several area rugs at Kohl's department store for our kitchen. The color is chilli pepper. The rugs stained our floor and after 4 hours I’d straight industrial bleach, the stain did not fade. We had to replace our entire kitchen floor. Mohawk said to wash the rugs to set the color, so I washed them 3x and put down on my new floor after being told that they would not fade, and the new tile would not stain. Well guess what? The new floor again has to be replaced! The rugs are on the burn pile, and Mohawk is refusing to reimburse us for the rugs or flooring. NEVER AGAIN.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Julia, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I've sent your comments to our area rug team, Mohawk Home, and you can also reach them directly at customer_care@mohawkind.com if needed. I apologize again for your experience!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I had a contract to put the Mohawk seaside's earth in our house. We put it through the whole house except the bathrooms ‘cause it’s waterproof and easy on the feet. It’s nice-looking and it serves its purpose. I’ve already told a friend and he liked the color. The contractor brought another guy in to look at the floor, too.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought a Bayview Hickory laminate flooring from Mohawk and it's a little more expensive than the other brand but I liked how natural it looked as well as the color. I enjoy the look of it. It changed my house. My uncle installed the flooring for me and it was easy for him. I recommended Mohawk to a friend of mine and my friend is going with them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased porcelain tiles for the floor of my lanai from Mohawk. The only problem that I have with it is when I told their sales rep that granted I only need three boxes and I’ve got a box left over that has never been opened, if I break a couple or goof up in cutting then I might need a couple extra tile." The rep said, “Well, you can’t buy one or two tile. You gotta buy a whole box.” I said, “Okay then, if that’s the case. But what if I don’t use it?” He said it was a special order and that I bought it. So that’s not very good and I’ll never buy another piece of floor from him at all. I can buy something at Walmart where even if it’s used, I can take it back. I’m satisfied with the tile but I’m stuck with a box that has never been opened. I’ve got $50 laying out here in the shed that’s not doing me a bit of good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I wanted a carpet that is gonna last for a while and is good for pets. I had a general sense of what colors I wanted, but the Karastan carpets from Mohawk Flooring that I picked has 16 different colors in it so it was something that allowed for me to blend well with my walls, kitchen cutlery, and tiles. I purchased the carpet through Kelly's Carpet in Omaha and the price was very competitive. The carpet was installed in the whole house and the team that did it was fantastic. The installation was done all in one day and they did a great job. The carpet looks wonderful and I like its design and durability. I'm very happy with the experience.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The Mohawk carpet was specified out by the architect and we purchased everything through Avalon. The carpet was installed at a physical therapy facility and everything with went very well. Also, I didn't get any complaints from the manpower who installed the carpet and everything looked great when it was done. I would definitely recommend Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I wish I'd never purchased this hardwood flooring! Consumers beware! We've had nothing but problems and Mohawk refuses to accept any responsibility. Of course they are blaming us and the environment. I will make it my mission to post as many negative reviews online as possible. The solid hardwood flooring we purchased arrived in the box damaged. 703 square feet installed and we returned multiple boxes because the pieces were damaged. We should have realized we'd have problems. Within a month of install, we had cracking of the finish (during the dry winter months).

The cracks continued and within a year the finish is peeling and has faded. Mohawk says it's moisture damage caused by us. I promise you, I never spilled even a glass of water! Or they blame humidity because it's hot out. So if you live in warm temperatures, avoid this floor. The claims process has taken forever. Just avoid Mohawk at all cost! It's not worth the hassle. And I promise you will not be happy with how this floor looks in your house!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Erin, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience. You can have your claim reopened - you would hire an inspector and have them review your flooring. You or the inspector would email their report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and that will reopen the claim. The inspector must be certified by the NICFI or the IICRC. Those organizations' websites are http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx and http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx and on both sites, you can enter your zip code to find your closest inspectors. (They usually have a wide radius of service.) I apologize again for your experience!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I got the waterproof wood-looking flooring material from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in the basement apartment. I had shown the salesperson pictures of the existing room and what the flooring was going to adjoin, but she did not calculate in the threshold stuff which is the little transfer piece from one kind of material to another. They brought the other stuff that goes around the edging, but they didn't anticipate that for some reason. So I got a call from the installer saying that I would need to purchase $200 worth of it and I was not happy about that. Ultimately, I refused to do that and the salesperson had to absorb that cost. So, be very careful in dealing with them. Still, the installation people were great and the flooring is fine.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We purchased a carpet from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in our living room and bedroom. Mohawk's carpet was cheap and it was the best dollar I knew. The carpet looks nice but its cost was all that I really cared about.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I like the texture and color of the Mohawk carpet and it has met my expectation. It’s comfortable and it looks nice. The cat doesn’t rip it apart, which is good.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We purchased the SmartStrand from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in two bedrooms of our home. We like everything about the flooring. We picked it because of its color and it's nice that it's soft.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had some vinyl flooring and carpet installed by Mohawk Flooring when my entire house was redone. Their reps did really well as they were very informative and helpful. The installation went rather efficiently and the job was done well. Also, the floor actually turned out better than I expected. Things have been holding up fine since. I'm very impressed and extremely satisfied with what I have. I would get the business card of the place I went to and hand it to a friend.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Mohawk's new technology on the SmartStrand made me decide to purchase a carpet and backing from them. That's important because of its softness. Also, the carpet is stain resistant and together with the special backing, the warranty is for a lifetime. I had the people from the carpet place install those upstairs, downstairs and in the other areas of the house. And although the carpet was more expensive, it was worth it as I wanted a higher end carpet.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information