toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Kimberly, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - thank you so much for sharing your experience of your carpet with us! I'm glad we had the right carpet for you and at a good value also. I hope you continue enjoying it for years to come. Thank you again for your feedback! --Laura

Original review: May 17, 2017

I liked Mohawk Flooring's price point for what I get. I got a carpet and my purchasing experience with them was very good and easy. Also, the sales reps were very helpful. The carpet is really good and I like it. It has met my expectations.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Steven, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you for sharing your experience with us about your hardwood floors! I'm glad we had the exact color and look you needed for your room, and that the floors look great. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your hardwoods. Take care, Steven --Laura

Original review: May 5, 2017

I went to The Floor Store and looked at hardwood floors. We picked up Mohawk Flooring because of the color matches and it looks best for the room. The flooring looks great, is in decent shape, and also has a 50-year warranty. I’d recommend them.

We purchased linoleum from Mohawk Flooring, which was installed in our kitchen and family room. Mohawk's cost and quality were the best compared to others. And their product and the quality of the material sealed the deal. I like our new flooring, its pattern, and color. It's been a great deal and we're very satisfied.

I did my kitchen and looked everywhere to find what I wanted, to match my kitchen cabinet. Then I found the exact, perfect match with a Mohawk sample that was at the floor store in Concord. I was looking for something that would have a long wear and I was reassured that the product would last, that it would maintain itself. Now that it’s installed it looks fabulous and I’m perfectly happy. The floor is beautiful. The color is great and it’s maintained very well. I have dogs and a lot of traffic in the kitchen but it looks as good as the day I laid it.

I purchased a DuraCeramic from Mohawk Flooring. It was like a vinyl but not exactly a laminate. I had to hunt for it because the place who did the original installation no longer carried it but Mohawk Flooring special ordered it for me. I chose that because it matched the laminates I had in other parts of the house. I had it installed most recently in a bathroom. But I also have it installed before in two bedrooms. It has been on a house that I rent out for about eight years. The whole house got some wear and tear from the tenants but it's held up. The new one is a little more susceptible to denting than the laminates I have but other than that it's fine. I also like its appearance. It looks like a limestone but it's not.

We got some wall tiles from Mohawk Flooring which my wife preferred over the other brands that we considered. Our bathroom's all walled now and I like the tiles that have some accent features in the center of them. Also, the tiles have held up well. The ease of installation is the best part that I like.

We've been using Mohawk Flooring for a while now and we recently got a grey carpet from them. I installed it in the whole house, except the kitchen and the bathroom, and it was easy. It looks like hardwood and I like the color, which goes with my color scheme right now. Overall, my experience with Mohawk has been great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk had what I was looking for at a good price. The flooring has different colors in it and I like that it’s multi-dimensional because the wood has different grains in it. And then I used three different sizes so it’s an artistic floor. I also put down an oak floor in another room, but I like this one so much better. Also, I liked that I didn’t have to polyurethane it. It was all done so I didn’t have to. When we got the wood, my contractor lined everything up for a week and then put it in. I’ve had the flooring for months now and I love it.

Mohawk did a good job installing carpet in a room at our home. My mom shopped around and Mohawk's cost and quality are fair compared to other brands. We would recommend Mohawk Flooring.

We recently purchased some flooring and some coloring like the crayons and also clear finishes from Mohawk for a customer. Mohawk has a great quality of products. They have a good quality of products. As far as the installation, it’s almost pretty much the same with the cheapest materials. But being a better quality material, it’s more durable as well. The finishes are more gray-looking and the laminate floors have more natural wood-looking finishes.

I purchased Whiskey Maple hardwood flooring from Mohawk through Home Depot and we are in the process of installing it ourselves. We finished one room and we're gonna do the entire house except for the bathroom. It’s fairly easy. I would piece together three rows so that the seams didn’t line up since I want them kind of alternate, and then long and short. Once I set up the three rows, I pull them away and then my boyfriend would nail them in with a nail gun. And for the most part, they were okay. There were a couple of pieces that were bent on the lateral side. He’s done professional flooring before so he would take a screwdriver and force it into the subfloor and then, press the back on the bend and then nail it in that way.

And that’s a trick but it saves the piece and once it’s nailed in, it’s okay because then, you put another flooring against it and it’ll hold that bend in place and it should relax over time. We haven’t had a problem with it, so we ended up using those few pieces that had those bends in them. A lot of people would discard them but it was a minimal amount. If we weren’t able to use them, I’d be more annoyed, but he knew the trick and we were able to save those pieces.

I looked at some other ones but the price point was way out of line with our budget. The Mohawk flooring has a lot of short pieces and I prefer having more longer pieces. If you get a large amount, you need probably two rooms’ worth before you get a good mix, because some of those boxes have a lot of short pieces and some of them have longer pieces. And if you just arbitrarily pick one or two boxes, you may end up with a lot of shorts because they’re not homogeneously mixed throughout the lot. With the higher end flooring, you get more of a consistent mix of length in each box but it is way too expensive. We paid $8 a square foot and the high-end flooring was running between $12 and $20, and we couldn’t afford to do that.

So far, I’m worried about the durability because we have a German Shepherd. And the laminates are better but we’re taking a chance on it. We’ve only had it in there since November and so far so good. But I don’t know how it’ll manage over time, as far as scratch resistance. We bought one lot for our room and it has the 3m water resistance on it. We liked it so much for that one room, and we decided to buy it for the whole house but it no longer had that 3m rating. And we had a hard time matching it up because Home Depot got a new lot of it under a new name. And it looked like a completely different product but when you look at the picture, it looks the same. So I was taking a chance on ordering it, and when it came in, it was an identical match but it did not have the 3m rating on the box like the original batch did.

One of the things I really like the most about it is, you could spill something on it and it would just bead up like wax on a car. The rest of the batch looks visually and structurally the same but I don't know if it's gonna perform that way. Also, I like that it’s hardwood. The nice thing about wood flooring is, in the future, you can sand it and get more use out of it. But it'll lose that wood hewn look when you sand it the first time, and I really like that wood hewn feel. It feels good on the feet and it looks really good in the room. Overall, it’s an excellent product and we’re very satisfied with it so far.

I bought a brown Mohawk carpet for my living room and I like that it's really comfortable. I looked at Home Depot prior to my purchase, but Mohawk felt a lot softer. Also, I got the carpet for its quality and warranty.

We purchased a 36-inch long grayish tile from Mohawk Flooring. I really liked the way that it looked and it matched with our cabinets. It seems to be relatively fragile though. When you put the grout down on it, the edges chip. But it’s a beautiful tile and it’s a great color.

Resolution In Progress

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Ron, I apologize for my delay in responding to you here - I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. If your claim was declined based on an inspection, you do have the opportunity to hire an inspector and have them submit a report of their findings - this will reopen the claim.

The inspector needs to be certified, either by the NICFI -
http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC -

On both those sites, you can type in your zip code and find the nearest certified inspectors - many have a wide radius they service. You can give the inspector's report to your retailer and ask them to send it to Mohawk, or they can email the report to consumer@mohawkind.com - and Mohawk will reopen the claim.

I'm very sorry again, and I apologize for your experience, Ron.
Take care,

Laura

Original review: May 24, 2017

Purchased laminate at Depot. Installed by depot. Five years old with numerous buckling at seams at indiscriminate locations. Installer inspected. Suggested manufacturer defect. Independent inspector from Mohawk inspected. Consumer defect - "moisture from cleaning". Cleaned by us following guidelines from depot as well as manufacturer warranty information. Mohawk passed the buck and will now not honor warranty. No one from depot OR mohawk has contacted us with inspection results. Had to get report from store. Contacted consumer affairs mohawk. Awaiting reply. Will update when new info is given. Shame on you mohawk.

Mohawk had the flooring that we liked and I've heard pretty good things about them in terms of quality. We got a nice dark hardwood flooring and it was installed in the entire house except for the backyards. For the cost and the quality, it was nice. We had it for about six months until we sold the house and we liked it. It was a darker wood, so it did scratch easier which you're going to get with any dark wood. Otherwise, it came out good and I loved the look.

The Mohawk Flooring carpets had a good price. Plus, the sales representative said it cleans nicely and lasts well. I had it installed in two bedrooms and it feels nice and soft.

It was raining and a tree fell on the house and it ruined the linoleum so I had to have the linoleum all the way going down the stairs replaced. The company that was doing the restore of the house wanted me to go through Mohawk Flooring so we went through them. They showed me the linoleum they had available and the only thing my wife considered was the color to match what had been there at the house. We were trying to get the house redone as soon as we could but it took over a month and a half to get the flooring to come in, which was way too long and so it held everything up. I would have gone somewhere like Home Depot or Lowe’s and I could have got the flooring the same day. Nonetheless, the linoleum was fine and it was installed in the stair area by our back door. It's in place and everything seems to be fine since the installation. However, I wouldn’t go to Mohawk Flooring again.

I went to a store and looked around and bought Mohawk wood flooring. We wanted the engineered wood because it butts up against several vinyl and other surfaces. Also, we liked the color of the flooring. It was installed in August on a long hall in our home. Mohawk is fine and we like the floor but there were humps and little hills due to faulty installation. And to get it to conform to the requirements for wood would have been very expensive. So, the floor store already took it out a couple of weeks ago and we're putting in carpet.

My daughter had the carpet and I like the way it was wearing and it's stain resistant for life against pets. I wanted the softness of it, too. I bought it and it was installed throughout the house. I haven't tested it on stains yet, but so far I've been happy. And I would recommend the carpet to my friends.

I had carpet installed for the stairs. I like the density of this carpeting and the feel of it. It was the perfect color and it was just exactly what I wanted.

I've got 20-year-old custom oak floors in the house and I was looking for a product that matched them. We went into The Floor Store showroom and there was a big Mohawk display in there with a wide variety of colors and samples that I could touch. I also brought in a piece of scrap from my existing floor to figure out what I needed. So, I ended up purchasing a tongue and groove oak pre-finished floor. It wasn't exact, but it's a nice product and it came out well. I had it installed in the hallway of my house and a set of stairs that was carpeted.

I didn't get enough quantity on my first purchase, so I bought a second order of Mohawk boards that I found at Home Depot for almost half the price from the other store. It was disappointing to see the same product priced differently, but I went to the other more expensive store because I knew they have a display and someone there to help me. We've only had it in for a couple of months and although I've never used pre-finished flooring before, I would always use pre-finished flooring from now on. The price I paid upfront is still so much cheaper and less disruptive than having a custom company come in and do all the finishing in place.

I got a carpet from Mohawk Flooring. They had the color I wanted and I had it installed in my living room and bedroom. My experience with them was very good.

I purchased a small amount of carpet at the floor store and had it installed in my home. I didn't pick Mohawk per se, but we decided on the carpet that was most durable. I liked that the carpet is supposed to be stain proof. We haven’t had it that long but it has met my expectations so far.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Mark, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - and wow, I'm so glad to hear how pleased you are with your SmartStrand Silk carpet! The accident you described pretty much sounds like a worst-case scenario, and while we don't recommend getting bleach on the carpet, obviously you witnessed first-hand the amazing sturdiness of SmartStrand Silk! I'm really happy to hear of your confidence in the product - thank you so much for choosing Mohawk Flooring for your home, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Take care-- Laura

Original review: April 23, 2017

Unbelievable! First time I don't feel I was ripped off on stain protection. The very first day our new carpet was installed we were carrying in groceries and I dropped a bottle of bleach that literally exploded all over the room. Well... we now have a spotted sofa which matches the spotted drapes and spotted side chairs but unbelievably, the Smartstrand silk carpet that took the biggest hit, which had almost a quart of bleach pooling all over the surface did not show any change. Made a believer out of me.

I had laminates from Mohawk Flooring installed all throughout my house except the kitchen. The quality has been above average. I liked Mohawk's carpet better than the other companies, especially its grade. Overall, my experience has been great.

I had wall-to-wall carpet installed by Mohawk and I like it. I would recommend it.

We remodeled quite a few things lately in our kitchen flooring. My husband wanted the stone so if we broke one it was easier to replace. That was one factor why he really wanted the stone. The cost of the product from Mohawk Flooring was in the middle of the road. There were some that were cheaper but the quality was poor. Some have higher cost that we liked better but the flooring from Mohawk was on sale. So, we chose it finally. As far as quality was concerned, it was definitely better than the lower priced ones. Also, we like the design and the durability. It's durability has been top-notch. You can't dent it, you can't hurt it and it cleans well. Those were good things for me. Though if anything hits it, it breaks like the dishes that I've had for about 20 years, our wedding dishes that I've hardly broken. We've broken quite a few since we have kids and the dishes slip through and it hits the floor.

The only thing that we haven't liked is it's several shades different than what the display was. We knew it would be a little bit different. We were disappointed in the final result but I don't dislike it. It's just not exactly what I wanted. One thing we liked about it though was that if it did chip, it wouldn't be a different color below. Some of them were a red clay below and we were glad that this one was not. So, I would definitely recommend it.

I wanted a more water-resistant material so I bought laminate floors from Mohawk for my living room and kitchen. I like the quality of it. It's more solid and it looks nice.

My first time using Mohawk Flooring was a great and very satisfying experience. I purchased the laminated flooring since my wife liked its color, and because it has a more decent price than other brands or colors and it's affordable for us. We had the instructions and we installed it in the bedrooms ourselves.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Richard, This is Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Although I'm glad your carpet's quality and style look good to you, I'm very sorry to hear your experience with the color. Were you able to discuss your concerns with your retailer, or get a response from them? I'm really sorry again for your experience, Richard. Take care --Laura

Original review: April 5, 2017

The Mohawk carpeting looks very good and the quality appears fine. Everything is right except the color. The carpet color that was sent was not the same one that was shown on the sample board. They were similar but distinctly different. The color that was installed was not really good that you could look at it.

We got a patterned carpet from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed on the steps and upstairs of our house, in the bedroom. I liked the price and the look of it. It was also said to be very durable and good in high-traffic areas. It's really nice and we're really happy with our purchase. I love the carpet and especially like the color option and the pattern. It was a great experience.

Mohawk was on sale with zero percent financing so we purchased a carpet to be installed in a bedroom. I like the texture, the flooring has met my expectations.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile