toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Donita, I'm Laura from Mohawk - thank you so much for sharing your experience with us about your SmartStrand carpet! We are so glad to hear that you're happy with the carpet and get peace of mind knowing that it's so easy to keep stain free. We hope you are loving the compliments from visitors too! Thank you again Donita, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

We purchased Mohawk Flooring's Smartstrand. We got a plush one for our bedroom and a patterned one for our office level, and we are happy with both of them. We always get compliments when people come. They love it! We have already told many people about it. I also have comfort and peace of mind that when the grandchildren or I spill stuff, the carpet is pretty salvageable, which is nice.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Rich, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I just wanted to thank you for letting us know how your laminate flooring is working for you! It is great to hear that both the price and the floor's durability were appealing to you, and that the laminate floors are standing up great in your home, dog included! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I purchased a wood laminate flooring from Mohawk and chose them over other different types of flooring because of its durability and price. I like that it's holding up. I got a dog that has long nails and the flooring hasn't scratched.

We were looking for something very dense, thick and soft, and we liked the thickness of what we got. However, Mohawk said that that particular style was going to be discontinued. If they could bring that back, we'd probably purchase more for the rest of our house. We love our flooring from Mohawk and we're happy we bought it.

We bought the Mohawk Torinetta Antique Charcoal tiles from Floorscapes and it was great. I like the design and the color of it, and I had already purchased it once before for my room. I wanted to match up this other room with the same stuff so I went back to that, but I also looked to things in between and I was very pleased with it. I knew about the product when I went and bought this last purchase, but when I went to Mohawk's dealer here in Albuquerque Floorscapes, they helped me move into the right direction. It was a very enjoyable experience all the way around.

I went to the Ogden's carpet place and they had the Mohawk laminate flooring. We looked at quite a few other ones but I liked Mohawk's color and design. They were a little bit more expensive but I liked that they were wider planks and they had the wood-grain. They also had the padding attached so it was perfect. My new flooring is really pretty and I love it. I have no complaints.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Todd, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Have you had a chance to discuss your concerns with your builder? If your builder is not responsive, please feel free to contact our Consumer Affairs department here: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/ I'm really sorry again for your experience, Todd! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

My wife and I just built our house and had Mohawk hardwood floors installed throughout the first floor of our home. I must say that being dissatisfied is an understatement. When the floors were first put in we loved them, however after six months, not so much. You can see footprints, show marks whenever you walk on them. The durability is far from what we expected. I understand having two dogs will put scratches on them but not to the extent that we see on a daily basis. We take care of our floors and follow the cleaning recommendations, and by using Mohawk floor cleaner exclusively. The neighborhood we live in is built by Lennar Homes. The negativity with these floors are a huge problem with new homeowners, so much that Lennar does not offer this type of flooring in the new homes. Unfortunately we are stuck with what we have in a 6 month old home, which is far from desirable.

I recently purchased a Mohawk Flooring carpet and we love it. The installation went great. We really enjoy the carpet which is probably the best carpet we've had. I would recommend Mohawk Flooring to friends.

We had some Mohawk carpet and hardwood flooring put in. We've got a few questions on the wood flooring though. It creaks every now and again at certain places that we step on. And I'm sure it has something to do with installation.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Kelly, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I will ask our Consumer Affairs team to follow up for you - would you let me know the retailer who sold you the carpet? I apologize again! Take care - Laura

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I was sold the SmartStrand carpet and guaranteed it was pet safe/pet friendly and the best on the market. Two hours after installation my dog had a severe allergic reaction and no one will return my calls or offer any assistance. The flooring store I purchased the carpet from has called and text the representative for the last two days with no response. My dog's eyes are swollen shut and we are currently living in one room of the house without the carpet awaiting a return call that is not coming. The worst customer service I have experienced.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Anne, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. The 30-day Satisfaction Assurance Guarantee that comes with all SmartStrand Forever Clean purchases states that your retailer is to replace your carpet if, for any reason, you are not pleased with it and have asked the store to replace it within 30 days of installation. This info is in the warranty: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/assets/files/Mohawk_Carpet_Warranty_Brochure.pdf

If you'll confirm the location of the retailer who sold you the carpet, I can ask our Consumer Affairs team to follow up. I'm very sorry again for your experience. Take care - Laura

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We had Mohawk Smartstrand carpet installed in our home two months ago. Liked the carpet, but immediately noticed a nasty smell in the house. We contacted the Total Floors, who sold us the carpet. They suggested airing out the house and the smell would go away. We spent a week with doors and windows open day AND NIGHT with fans going. Then cold weather moved in. As soon as we shut up the house, the smell was awful again. Our eyes are itching and throats hurt. And neither of my spouse nor I have any history of allergies.

We have had new carpets installed many times and never had this problem. We sent a sample of the carpet to Total Floors who forwarded it to Mohawk to "test it." Mohawk responded a week ago that it "met all standards." Whatever that means. I have requested a full report from them. Who knows if or when I will get that. Everything still stinks, including the clothes in the closets.

My friends walk in the house and they can't believe it. Total Floors came out and agreed on the smell. They sent someone to clean the carpet. No help. We have requested several times that the carpet be removed and replaced, with no assistance. So beware... there is NO warranty on this, even if you let them know the product is bad at the very beginning. In research I have done, I have found many others who have had this same problem with Smartstrand.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Scott, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your carpet! It's really great to hear that you're enjoying the carpet and are pleased with having it throughout your home. I'm glad it has been a very comfortable floor to come home to! Thank you again - Laura

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I went to the carpet store and talked to the salesman there. He recommended that the Mohawk brand was good quality, nice, and comfortable. I went with what he said and so far, the carpet has been good. I'm really happy with the carpet. It’s comfortable and I'm glad that we did the whole house with it.

I got carpeting from Mohawk Flooring installed in a house that’s being sold. I went shopping at the Floor Store, which has lots of carpeting, but the one from Mohawk fit my need. It was the right color with the right quality at the right price.

I did some research and thought Mohawk was a good product. There was a special on it and that's what encouraged me to go to the store where I bought it from. We didn't get the top-grade carpet because then as you walk on it or put your hands on it, you could see the impression. We decided just to go one less because we didn't want the impression.

The sales rep at the store was amazing. She seems to know her stuff, and I've already researched the carpet. I'm happy with it and I love the color. It's a perfect color with her suggestion. She went out of her way to help us and show us stuff. We really enjoyed working with her and her knowledge and how professional they were at the store. The guy that installed the carpet was amazing too. He went above and beyond, and did a beautiful cut.

We're very pleased with Mohawk Flooring and we'll go back to them when we do our wood flooring. The only disappointment was in the store they had a beautiful wood flooring sample that we fell in love with but it was no longer being made.

I had my kid's bedroom carpeted by Mohawk Flooring. Their product is soft and we like the color blends. Great flooring and we enjoy it. I could have chosen whatever carpet brands they have but that was the one that we liked the most.

I purchased engineered European white oak planks from Mohawk and the manager of the store helped me there. I was looking for a European White Oak and white plank. They had it in stock and it happened to be in the showroom in quantity so I could actually look at it as opposed to being a little piece. I had it installed in my living room. It's lovely and I love the look of it. However, I have found it’s not quite as nice as I thought it was. When they engineered the wood, they cut thin sheets of the real wood and stick it on something but then they filled the knots in it, so it has a lot of fill in it which I didn’t expect. So I wouldn’t recommend it, but I like looking at it.

The flooring we bought from Mohawk Flooring looks like actual wood. This was installed in the bedroom. My favorite about this flooring was that it's waterproof. It has met my expectations. Overall, it was an awesome experience with Mohawk Flooring.

We purchased some wood-look tiles by Mohawk Flooring from Americarpets of Layton and we had it installed in my kitchen, entry area and hallway, and an upstairs family room. It was the look that I was looking for and the cost was reasonable. I also like Americarpet. They've worked really well with me in the past. So, I trust their recommendation. It's beautiful and I love the way it looks, but it's very hard on my feet. I started having pain in my hips after a month. Putting that much tile through my house is just physically taking a little bit of a toll and I didn't know that the tile would be harder on my feet than any other tiles.

It's really hard to walk on it all day, so I have to wear shoes in my house. I feel like a prisoner in my own house because I wanted to walk around my house in socks or bare feet. We have a swimming pool in our back so we wanted the wood tile so we can have people in and out without having to worry about water damage. However, I wouldn't put tile throughout a large portion of the house because it can be hard on the body to walk on. Carpets and wood floors are a lot easier.

As a "upgraded" option for our home, our builder, Oakwood Homes, installed Mohawk's engineered hardwood flooring. After 9 months of living in our new home, the finish on the flooring began peeling up, cracking and separating. Advised Oakwood and they stated it was a manufacture defect and contacted Mohawk. Mohawk send a "third party" inspector. Inspector said "yeah, sure is a manufacture defect," to my face, told me he'd have to report to me in 4 days. Two weeks later, after several calls, finally received the report in which it stated "the finish issues are due to homeowner negligence." SERIOUSLY!?!

I once again contacted Mohawk, only to be told they stand by their product and trust the "inpestors" findings, refusing to further investigate the issue. Hmm, great customer service. Here we are 6 months later, 15 month old floor, the issue has worsened ten-fold, still with no resolution. Additional inspector hired, reported issues to be manufacture defect. Mohawk refused the report due to it being an inspector I had hired, not someone they sent. Hmmm. Avoid Mohawk and their products is my recommendation.

Factual basis uncertain

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Holly, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I apologize for your experience with your floors. I'll share your feedback with the folks at Mohawk Group, as we at Mohawk Flooring (the residential side) are not part of their team and do not sell their products. I apologize again for your experience. Take care, Holly. Laura

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

We purchased Hot & Heavy flooring from a distributor for Mohawk with a promise it was used in many institutions with no problems. The floor was only supposed to be glued around the perimeter allowing the floor to float. The installers used random glue throughout the install which caused some tile to lift, which voids what they have in writing for the warranty. The floor was very pretty and comfortable at start but over a year is quickly fading. At time of purchase no one pointed out that the chairs we were using would scratch the floors which they did very badly.

A Mohawk Group salesman came in with recommendations for scratch removal and how to clean which included top level executives at Mohawk Group but none will put it into writing the one-time allowance for this cleaning which would void they're displayed "Limited Warranty". They will not return phone calls or return emails. I would not recommend buying from Mohawk again in the future as the company won't stand behind their product when a real problem arises.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Ron and Kathy, I'm Laura with Mohawk. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Keeping the warranty in effect requires the carpet to be professionally cleaned at least once every 18 months or 1.5 years, so that is probably why you're being asked to have the carpet cleaned. It's just a matter of keeping the warranty active. With the warranty cleaning requirements satisfied, any concern covered by the warranty can be addressed. I'm sorry if this wasn't clarified, and I apologize again for your experience, Ron and Kathy. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

We purchased the Mohawk Soft Creation III from a local well known store in Cherokee County Ga. The carpet is only 1.5 years old. This carpet was previously replaced a 1.5 years ago for the HEAT SET problem. Now again we have the same problem with the same carpet. We are 2 adults who take our shoes off, no children or pets... as we also reside and travel to another state during the year. This is the second time the HEAT SET came undone from this carpet. This time Mohawk is telling us to clean the carpets first. So cleaning the carpets will HEAT SET the carpet? This is a waste of our time and money.

The company who sold us the carpet came out 2 weeks ago and examined all the rooms and carpets in our home. We have carpets over ten years old that still look new. He agreed that the HEAT SET on the Mohawk Carpet came out and it was defective. I am waiting your response as having the carpets cleaned and spending an additional $200.00 will not repair the HEAT SET on the carpet. We are prepared to take the necessary actions as this carpet is defective. Cherokee Flooring has all our invoices on file. Thank you for your time.

We had Mohawk Flooring install wood laminate flooring in the living room of our house. My wife had seen this flooring somewhere and she decided to get the same thing. We like the look of it. It's good and we're happy about it. Alex, the employee that we bought it from, was pretty good, very helpful, understanding of what we need, and knew what he was doing. All in all, we had an awesome experience with Mohawk Flooring. Everything was done right and we're satisfied. We would recommend them to our friends and families.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Ann, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I just wanted to thank you for reviewing the vinyl plank flooring you bought! I'm so glad to hear that its ease of care and durability has worked out great for you and your mother. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your experience, Ann! --Laura

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

We were very pleased that Mohawk Flooring had such a good quality product that fits our needs. We bought vinyl planks from them for a townhouse we own that my mother lives in. The house had some hardwood and carpets before but there was water damage, so we replaced it, and we liked it because it's very low maintenance. We were very impressed that it is a beautiful floor, easy to install and care for, and very little preparation was needed before the installation. We're very happy with it.

I have engineered hardwood in my house but I really like my mom's flooring better because it seems to wear better. At some point, my mom will move in with us and we will sell the townhouse. We bought the flooring because we knew it would be durable. It would be good for somebody looking to buy the townhouse after, who might have a family and want something that's really attractive but does not need as much maintenance as a hardwood floor.

Mohawk Flooring had the pattern and style of the hardwood carpet that I wanted. They installed it in my home and everything went smoothly. I like how it works and fits in to the overall look of my house. I've had parts of it for three years, and it's doing fine. I've had no issues whatsoever. It was a very good experience.

Purchased Mohawk laminate flooring February 2015. Installed March of 2015. The night of installation the floor was coming up at seams. Contacted retail store next morning. They filed a claim and Mohawk denied it saying it was due to humidity damage. That is absolutely impossible. It was coming up the night it was installed. They do not stand by their products at all. Now we are stuck with a floor that is coming up everywhere.

We went into a store and picked out the style of flooring that we liked. I liked the guy that I worked with at Americarpet and he taught me a lot of stuff, then I bought the laminate flooring from Mohawk and installed it in the office and in the living room. It's easy to install and I did it myself. It's a great product as well.

I looked for carpet for about a year and a half because I wasn't in a big hurry. I looked everywhere at a lot of different kinds of carpet. I had to look at color, density, and count. I was trying to get something that would remain soft and not lay down every time I stepped on it and vacuumed it, and show so much traffic use. I think the Mohawk carpet held up to that pretty well that's why I went that way. I had put it in the living room and two bedrooms. I could have gotten something cheaper cost-wise elsewhere but I didn't like the quality of it. I thought the Mohawk carpet was a little denser and a little softer so I like its quality. I also felt they did a good job laying the carpet in. They were there on time and prompt as well. I have recommended Mohawk to others.

There was a whole bunch of different brands but Mohawk Flooring was our favorite. I purchased tiles for our home from them. And while they were more expensive than the other brands, they definitely look better.

We purchased carpeting from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in our home. We liked the appearance in terms of color and pattern as well as quality and price so we decided to go with them. However, there are a couple of stains in it that seemed to have been there sort of immediately. There are two spots in a long staircase and some spots that were probably there when it was installed but we didn't notice. It looks like grease that has attracted dirt and appeared within the first week. We aren’t 100% sure that we didn't cause them, although my wife says it's on the riser on the steps, too, as well as on the stairs. So, it's unlikely that it's a spill but we didn't call them about it. I don't know if we can get them out or not. We haven't tried though but will talk to the store to make them aware. They might be able to suggest how we should go about cleaning it. Overall, the carpet seems to have met our expectations.

We purchased two Mohawk rugs recently. It was broadloom carpet installed in our home. My husband liked the color and design. The first carpet we bought were installed in our entire downstairs, into the guest bedroom, little hallway and in the TV family room. Their cost was comparable but we thought it was at least a hair better compared to others or we wouldn't have bought it. However, my husband doesn't like the one we installed six months ago because it's matte. Every footprint shows and that didn't dawn on us.

So far, I'm happy with our carpet. It's great. It's just that my husband doesn't like its characteristic and he didn't notice that before we bought it. Mohawk has gazillion different names, quality levels with slightly different price tweaks, which is partly due to branding which makes it hard for the consumer to know. They look almost identical, but not quite. It's really hard to compare from place to place. It could be a lot easier if everybody had the same thing. Overall it's a nice quality carpet and we got what we paid for.

I'm very pleased and big fan of carpet. I was looking for a particular color and Mohawk had the color. They sent me a sample and said that the actual carpet might vary from the sample. That was my one concern, and I said, "Oh no. Now that I have just the color I want, it would be awful if I didn't get it in the actual carpeting that was installed." But the color of the actual carpet was exactly the same color. I was very happy with the color, I was trying to get the carpet and what would go with it. When the person at the floor store showed me this color and it was called, "Icicle.", I said, "Oh, that's it. That's got to be it." And I was right. The color was so perfect when I put it down, because the house has been painted.

Then, I bought the carpet from the floor store and they were very good, helpful and had pretty much what I wanted. The installation was very nice, professional, neatly and quickly done. I'm very happy with how the product turns out, and it's good. I like the way the carpet looks besides the color, and was also comfortable with the name "Mohawk," because I know it. The carpet looks great, easier to deal with, and feels good on the feet. The only thing is, in corner, the flooring seems to buckle up if I step on it. And they said to me that if it persists, they'll come back and do something about it. But everything else is fine, and the price was good too. I did the rug with Mohawk too and that was very nice.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile