Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars11%
  • 3 stars4%
  • 2 stars5%
  • 1 stars22%

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Don, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for sharing your experience of your SmartStrand Silk carpet! What a great choice for your family room - the softness and stain resistance make for a perfect gathering place. I'm so glad you're enjoying the carpet and that it has met all your expectations. Thank you again! --Laura

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

The shop that I bought my Mohawk silk carpet from was great. They were extremely helpful. They explained the benefits and a couple of personal experiences with the product, and that really helped us along. The stuff showed up right away and I went for it because of the warranty. l looked at all kinds of stuff and the look and the feel of the silk was kind of intriguing. That carpet was the softest stuff I've ever walked on, and it looks great. I had the carpet installed in our family room and it has met my expectations very good. Overall, it was a very easy experience.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Elizabeth, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - thank you for letting us know about your experience with your tile! It is awesome to know that after more than a decade, you are still loving your Mohawk tile floors. I hope you will consider our products for your carpet and vinyl needs as well. We really appreciate that you've chosen Mohawk for your home, and I hope you enjoy your tile for another decade too! Take care, Elizabeth-- Laura

Original review: July 21, 2016

I purchased Mohawk tiles and had these installed in my hallway and my dining room and I love it. It cleans out nicely and is easy to mop and scrub. After eleven years, my tiles still has held up very well and its colors held nicely. I'm hoping not to replace it and actual beginning to look for carpeting as well as some vinyl flooring for my kitchen.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Douglas, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. If you haven't had a chance to contact your retailer with your concerns, they will work with Mohawk on your behalf and can file a claim for you; or, you can contact our Consumer Affairs department by sending us some info at the following site: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again for your experience, Douglas. Thank you for this feedback, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

We got SmartStrand carpet because we have 2 dogs and we were worried about pet stains. We were told that just using hot water extraction would fully clean the carpets. While we had that done professionally 3 times, stains would eventually return and areas that had a lot of wear also would not get fully cleaned. The bigger issue we had/have is that the vacuum would constantly pull up threads. Areas along seams got pulled apart. We had the carpet less than 4 years and already are going to replace it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Chris, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Thank you for sending us your feedback on your carpet! It's wonderful to hear how pleased you are with the performance and the high quality of the carpet. I hope you enjoy it for years to come! Thank you again, Chris, and take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

We like the look and feel of Mohawk products. We had them install heavy-weight carpet in the bedroom and hallways and I love how heavy the flooring is. They've performed great.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi David, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. You've filed a claim with your dealer? (Depending on who your dealer is, the claim might also have been filed directly with Mohawk.) If you wouldn't mind sending us some info at the following form on our website, we'll be able to follow up with you: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again, David. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Built a large New house on the lake and everything is great but not the floors. Put in bamboo floors from Mohawk. Floor's terrible with no help. Never again. Cupping and separating. I wish someone could help. Please.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Resolution In Progress

New construction home. Had to go with builder's partner, Great Western Flooring in Naperville. This hardwood floor was within our "budget" and couldn't use any other company. We were not able to see the floor before closing or moving in because it was covered in cardboard. We moved in and every day find more and more splintered boards or boards without stain. Had an inspector from Great Western Flooring then had an independent inspector who said flooring was 50% damaged. We built a ranch so the entire first floor except bathroom and tiny laundry room are ceramic tile.

Four months later they have decided they can replace the damaged boards but not pay for the labor. This means we have to pack everything up again and hope they don't damage cabinets, ceramic tile, furniture and walls. I believe they need to compensate us for disrupting our entire lives. There is obviously no quality control used at their factory, or they are blind. They are making Great Western Flooring pay for the labor, which they should anyway since they had to notice during installation that it was half damaged. Won't admit to that. I must be crazy. Don't use Mohawk or Great Western flooring in Naperville, IL unless you like inferior floors and cabinets as well as poor installation.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Julie, I'm Laura from Mohawk flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your hardwoods. I'm not sure whether you've spoken with your builder about the flooring, or already asked them to file a claim with Mohawk for you. But if you'd like to file a claim, just let the company who built the home know, and their flooring retailer or supplier will work with Mohawk on your behalf. If the builder or flooring supplier won't respond to your concerns, you can contact our Consumer Affairs department at the following site, and we'll facilitate--http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm really sorry again for your experience, Julie. Take care -- Laura

Original review: Aug. 21, 2016

My husband and I recently moved into a newly built home in Austin and were told by the builder how solid and highly durable the Mohawk engineered flooring is. Well... let's put it this way... I would prefer to have the cheapest Pergo over this soft nondurable scratch/dent/gouge susceptible floor!!! We have no kids or pets that would increase the risk of damaging the floors. A feather could drop and would cause a dent or scratch!!! We now spend our time tiptoeing around our house as means to limit any damage. This is no way of life!!! Anything we drop renders a 100% chance of denting, scratching or gouging! I cannot imagine how much more this will cost us to demo and replace this floor!!!

We liked the way the Mohawk runners looked so we got two for our front and back staircases. We love their color and design. Though the cost is expensive, the quality of the product is high.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Donna, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I see from your comments that you've already shared your concerns with your retailer and Mohawk, but I wanted to apologize again and say that you can always contact our Consumer Affairs team by sending us some info at the following page: www.MohawkFlooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm so sorry again for your experience, Donna. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

Only had for 1 year. Live by myself and the carpet matted down by the sofa and chair. Told because I did not have it cleaned by the right carpet cleaners that my warranty was no good. Read the small print on the warranty - only 7 company South Florida that they allowed you to use. Beware!!! This carpet does not wear good.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Steve, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your laminate. Thank you for sending your feedback. I understand that you've already filed a claim, but I'll send your comments to our Consumer Affairs department so that they can be reviewed. Any findings would be directed to your retailer, who is your main point of contact and who communicates with Mohawk on your behalf. I'm very sorry again, Steve. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 30, 2016

I have a three year old Mohawk laminate floor throughout my home. I take meticulous care of the floor. I use only Swiffer products to clean. The floors are washed with wet swiffer pads once a month which dry quickly. After the first year I started noticing bubbles at the joints. Also the seams of the joints were very noticeable. The floor is on a brand new slab. I called my floor retailer who came and inspected the floor and said no big deal. Now two years later there is bubbling at the joints throughout my home. I contacted my floor store and submitted photos of the floor. They did their job and opened a claim with Mohawk. A few months later they received a letter from Mohawk that the claim was denied due to topical moisture. I wrote a letter to mohawk detailing the care of my floor. Their reply was they could not deal with me, only the retailer.

The reason I chose the Mohawk Flooring was that I wanted better quality than what I could get at the big box stores. Boy was I wrong. My children bought Prego flooring from Home Depot. Their kids knock the crap out of their floors, and they are washed all the time. They look as good as the first day they were installed. If you read Mohawk's Laminate Warranty it states the laminate floor's joints are warranted to be water tight. It sounds good on paper. The company does not stand behind their product. So if you want to live with dirty floors, buy Mohawk. If you like a clean home go elsewhere.

We were dealing with a carpet that was always dirty no matter what we did. We wanted to get a carpet that wasn’t going to be dirty all the time, that had a pattern that we both liked, and was built in the way that we liked. The rep was quick to point out the Mohawk carpet after hearing our needs, and we were quick to recognize that it's what we wanted. The quality and materials are great. The price was also reasonable and the service in the store was awesome. However, the installation could have been better. We have the carpet on our stairs and we can see the pattern is ever so slightly off kilter. There are some interesting lumps in the carpet pull-down on the vertical part of the stairs. It’s not as good as the original carpeting job that was done. But overall we've been very happy with the carpet.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Mark, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm so sorry for your experience with your laminate flooring. I'll send your info to our Consumer Affairs department and see whether they can check the status of your claim - any updates or claim information would be sent to your retailer, Empire, for them to review and share with you. I apologize again for your experience, Mark! Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 27, 2016

I had Homestead Grey Flannel Oak Laminate installed by Empire Today. A short while later I notice a series of scratches on the panels. Empire Today sent an examiner to inspect the floor on 7/7/16. He said the over 40% of the panels were damaged. A report was filed with you. The reference number, supplied by Empire Today, is **. In my last conversation with Empire Today, on 7/26/16, I was told that they are STILL waiting for you to make a decision on how to rectify this problem.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Julie, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience! I'm really glad that you're enjoying your carpet and how soft and luxurious it is. And it's wonderful to know that the price was exactly what you were looking for. Thank you again for your feedback, Julie, and take care-- Laura

Original review: July 26, 2016

We bought a carpet called Peaceful Moments II from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in the master bedroom. I really liked the price - it was very good. The carpet is also soft, plush, and thick. It feels so nice to walk on. I love the color, too. We’re very pleased with it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Linda, I'm Laura and I work with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand you've heard from Mohawk or possibly your retailer about your concerns, but I wanted to apologize and let you know that you can always reach our Consumer Affairs department by sending us some info at the following page: www.MohawkFlooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm really sorry again for your experience, Linda. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 26, 2016

Mohawk cares about their manufacturing process and do not care about matting which should be part of the warranty. They did not advertise I had to rake the carpet. 1st year in a new condo and I almost rip up the carpet and pay all over again. My god. They say just the used areas are affected. Of course. If you don't walk on the carpet, it won't matt. So, Mohawk is obviously a company you should avoid. They are crooks. Find a different company that understands we sweep the carpet. I'm 73 and must rake and sweep - lots of work.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Louise, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I know from your comments that you've been working with your retailer about your concerns. Though Mohawk will communicate all findings to your retailer, you can always reach our Consumer Affairs department by sending us some info at the following page: www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

I'm very sorry again for your experience, Louise. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 25, 2016

We bought $7,722.45 dollars of Mohawk carpet and pad. The bliss/sequoyah dusk smartstrand silk. We absolutely loved the carpet when it was installed. Since then it has worn horribly. The strands are matting down and it looks and feels like cheap worn carpet. We contacted who we bought it from. They got a hold of Mohawk who sent a guy to our house took pictures, didn't really talk to us and then sent us and Mohawk a letter denying our claim, said we were doing a poor job taking care of the carpet - it is normal wear and tear. Really. There are 2 of us living in the house and all we do is vacuum the carpet (with the vacuum Mohawk recommended).

I am going to try pursuing a new claim but I am not encouraged. I don't think Mohawk stands by their carpet and if they feel our carpet is normal wear and tear they should not be providing warranties, saying their carpet will last. With 2 of us there is very little wear and tear. It makes me sick, we thought we bought top of the line with this product and sadly it does not appear we made a good choice going with Mohawk. We will give them one more try to make this right. Any help would be appreciated.

I bought the Karastan from Mohawk Flooring which has been installed in three bedrooms, a hallway, and stairs. We've bought carpeting from them before and this previous experiences made us choose them again for this purchase. The flooring has met my expectations and I'm happy with the product. I like the cushions softness and the stain resistance feature of it.

We were happy with the product but not with the installation. I think they could have taken a little bit better care and diligence in the work. I wasn’t up there while they were doing it, but we had just painted all those rooms and we came up in just about six or eight inches off the ground, there’s all sorts of little scratches and stuff on the paint. I don't know whether it's part of the installation or they just weren't paying attention to what they were doing. But overall, it was a good experience.

We got tiles from Mohawk Flooring. It was the first place we went in and we were pleased at their selection. It happened to be something that was on sale at the time. It is for a rental property that we have and we wanted something that would look good but also be inexpensive. We were very pleased with the young lady that helped us at the store. We explained exactly what we wanted and what our price range was and she was able to direct us to a very nice product that we liked.

It was to be installed in a laundry room. And originally, she may have been bent on removing the molding around the floor and the linoleum that was on the floor. When the installer came he said it was better to leave the linoleum down, which we did not know, so we let him go ahead with that. But they did deduct the price of the demolition, which we had paid up front. I have tenants in there and they were very pleased with it. We have linoleum as well in our laundry room and we are going to replace it with a tile product. And we would go back to Mohawk Flooring because they were very professional.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Anita, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with the sale advertisement. Was this a coupon (or a form) that was on the Mohawk website, in which you provide some contact info and receive a list of participating retailers? If you happen to recall, please let me know. Though all retailers selling Mohawk products don't participate in all sales, we try to give folks a list of the retailers in their area who are participating, once the customer has signed up for the coupon/sale on our website. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 20, 2016

Mohawk came out with an ad that carpets were 50% off for one weekend. They described the carpets that were on sale and didn’t give any style or names. So we called around to the different dealers to see who could come out, measure and give us a price on the carpets that were advertised because the whole idea was to take advantage of the sale. The first person came out and showed us some carpets but he didn’t know what we were talking about from the sale. We then called the second person and he didn't know it either.

I called their customer service and the lady didn’t even know what carpets were on sale either. Nobody knew anything about what carpets they were advertising, it’s a waste of advertising dollars! It totally looked like a ploy to get people in the stores and purchase. It was bait-and-switch. I’ve been in business all my life but I have never experienced such a chaotic cluster. It was really a learning experience for me and I have never seen anything like this.

Then my daughter and my son-in-law were interested in recarpeting their entire house. They’re very busy people and they don’t have time to go and spend two hours in a store. So in a case like this, they were expecting the retailer to bring samples to their home and show them the best carpets that the retailer could have that’s on sale in the ad. We then called the carpet people. They used keywords to describe to us the materials of the carpet that they’re so proud of. We then told them to narrow it down to the thickest, densest, the best and highest quality carpet, then bring those samples and tell us what that name is.

Even with that, no one could help us. Consequently, my daughter and son-in-law were not able to buy anything because they could not find anyone that knew what they were doing. They are both in the science field and they want the facts, they want to know what they’re purchasing. I thought that less than 40% of people buy carpet that way. So I know that what they were asking made the process a little more difficult but the ad is the ad.

I concluded that in all this mess, Mohawk does poor marketing where no one knew what we were talking about because the ad doesn’t reference anything. They don’t give a number or a name, so which then it’s so big it makes you think, “What a joke. This isn’t even real.” And then for the retailers to not even know about it, it’s like a scam.

Then I called this one store and left a message. Somebody called me back and we had a nice conversation. She thanked me for my call and I told her about their sale that was going on for two more days and my son-in-law and daughter wanted to buy a carpet. I suggested having her call my daughter and son-in-law and making appointment to have one of her salespeople go out with the carpet, and if maybe she wanted to upgrade the sale reasonably, give them just a couple of dollars more. I also told her not to bait and switch my daughter and son-in-law, and never bring them a carpet that’s twice as expensive. I then asked my daughter two days later if this woman had ever called them or anyone from that company, and nobody did. It’s just amazing.

My daughter and son-in-law had a white carpet when they lived in Chicago. They had an issue with one of their cats in their home and they had to replace the carpet in their dining room. They picked the color as well as the carpet and the people came to install it but they sent the wrong one, and it was right before a holiday. The man at the store said, “I don’t have that carpet that you ordered and wanted so I’m just gonna go ahead and upgrade it and put this in. It’s the same color.” And they’re like, “Whatever you have to do on your end. We need carpet and this is what we picked.”

The man sold them an upgraded carpet for the same price as what they had ordered so they were very pleased with that carpet which was a Mohawk. Then I asked them what carpet that was. They said they didn’t know. They thought it was comparable to the ones that were on sale because it was the same strand. I can guarantee that they would say yes if somebody would ask them to buy Mohawk if it has a really good sale, after everything they’ve gone through. For me, I probably would say no as I’m not that stupid. However, if I went to a carpet warehouse that I could touch the carpet and be happy with looking at it and knowing that I liked that style means I would say yes. But from a little sample and a sale ad, I don’t know that I would trust them to. It’s a poor experience with them.

We bought Mohawk's laminate flooring, thru the floor store and it was installed in our kitchen and living room hall. I like its varying pattern, and I'm happy with it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Ricky, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet, and I'll be giving your comments to our Consumer Affairs department. Please know that your retailer is to work with Mohawk on your behalf; the retailer is your point of contact and is to answer any questions or concerns. I'm very sorry again, Ricky. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 16, 2016

I recently purchased carpet at Home Depot in Murrieta, CA. I did some research online before making my purchase, and it was my goal to get a carpet that DOESN'T leave any vacuum or foot print marks. I came across this carpet online. According to the description online, this carpet claims to have all of the characteristics that I wanted: "Designed to Boost your homes decor and handle traffic with ease, the denser, fuller strands of this premium BCF PET carpet help prevent footprints and vacuum marks and naturally resist pilling and fuzzing."

It took about 2 or more weeks to deliver the carpet, but I was so disappointed when the carpet arrived during the installation day. The carpet showed several footprints and marks after the installers had done their job. I didn't think much about it on the first day. I figured it just needed to be vacuumed. We let the installers know about this (JW Flooring), and they told us this carpet was designed to prevent carpet marks - Which wasn't true at all!

I went back to home depot to tell them about the situation, and they had me file a claim. They asked me to send a couple of pictures to them. They were also supposed to send an inspector to my house to see the carpet, but nobody ever came! Not even an employee from Home Depot. I waited about 16 days before I got a response from Mohawk. I had to call Home Depot because it was taking too long to hear back from them. I was NOT HAPPY with the short response I received: "Thank you for providing a sample and/or picture of the flooring related to the above claim. Our Quality Control team has reviewed and confirmed that the product meets manufacturing specifications. As a result, we have concluded our review of this claim."

REALLY? IT took Mohawk 15 days to tell me the product meets manufacturing specifications??? This is supposed to be a high quality carpet, but it already looks old with all of the track marks. I've never been so unhappy with any purchase I've made at home depot. I went back to home depot the next day, and I asked to speak with an assistant manager. She was not very helpful at all - and told me there was nothing that could be done. I continued to show her pictures of the carpet, and it wasn't until another worker that arrived that she seemed to care about my situation. The other employee said there was definitely something wrong with the carpet and he told me he was going to have an inspector come to my house.

Long story short, the inspector never came to my house. I had to call home depot again. This time I spoke to the general manager. He apologized for all of the trouble I was experiencing, and he told me to bring an 18" by 18" sample of my carpet so it could be sent to Mohawk. It has been a couple of days now, and I still have not heard anything from Home Depot. I am expecting family to visit, and I haven't even moved my furniture back because I am so dissatisfied with this carpet. I really need HELP. This is taking too long, and I feel like I'm being ignored.

The website is misleading and it should NOT SAY that this carpet helps prevent footprints and vacuum marks. The sample at home depot was so small, it was virtually impossible to see any marks on the carpet. The samples were about 2" by 2". And one larger sample was on a hinge so I was unable to put the sample down and step on it.

I have a feeling Mohawk will not respond to me at all based on my first experience. I am buying this carpet for my parents - and it's a shame that my money is going to waste. I don't know what to do anymore. I have attached pictures of the carpet as it appears now. I've tried everything and there is nothing I can do to make the carpet look decent.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Nora, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. First off, I'm extremely sorry for your experience with your carpet. I've sent your comments to our Consumer Affairs department so that we can follow up with you. I apologize again. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 15, 2016

There are not enough words to describe how disappointed I am with this carpet and in particular how Mohawk Consumer Affairs has handled my claim. I purchased the SmartStrand carpet for my entire house and it did not live up to the Mohawk advertised claim that "It is the only carpet with permanent built-in stain and soil protection that never wears or washes off." The carpet stained and then the color faded from professional cleaning (per Mohawk recommendation). I submitted a claim for replacement, only for the area of the stains not the entire house. Mohawk has offered to only cover 40% of the cost of the rug materials only. That means I would be responsible for the stained rug removal and new carpet installation. I live on a fixed income. I do not have the resources to take on that additional expense.

More importantly though, I would not need to take on the cost of carpet removal and installation IF the SmartStrand carpet had lived up to the Mohawk advertised claims. Of equal and perhaps greater frustration has been the lack of personal communication and interaction with the Consumer Affairs department. It's been a real case study on how not to create positive consumer trust and customer service experience.

I had Somerton Rustic Barn Hickory from Mohawk installed in my basement. Mohawk was the best and I prefer their quality compared to other brands. I was very satisfied with the material and I like its durability. However, some contractor I couldn't even speak to, took five boxes during the installation. They were going to return it, then they said there wasn't any need to return but they're reimbursing us for it. Everything went well.

I had SmartStrand Mohawk carpet installed in my family room. I went with their product because of their warranty and reputation. I like the comfort and stain-resistance of the carpet. It was great and easy experience overall.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Kathy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm really sorry for your experience with your hardwoods, and I apologize that we no longer manufacture the flooring you purchased. In order to get the closest match, you may want to ask your retailer if they carry unfinished Brazilian Cherry, and then have it finished on site to best match the color of your floor currently. Brazilian Cherry can darken significantly over time, so your flooring will likely not look identical now to how it did straight from the box - an on-site finish would be your best bet to matching it. I'm very sorry again, Kathy. --Laura

Original review: July 12, 2016

We purchased engineer wood from Mohawk Flooring and installed it in our dining room. It's 3/8th inch thick, which was what my husband wanted and we liked its color. There's no problem with the flooring. We looked at a bunch of different floorings and that was the one that we like the most. Unfortunately, I am not happy with it now.

We paid top dollar for the flooring, but they never said anything to us about it being discontinued. We purchased it in 2014 and it was discontinued in 2011. Now we want to do our office and we wanted to get the same wood also in our bedroom but we can't get it because they discontinued it. I've tried to contact Mohawk and I had somebody call me back, and they talked to me and they said that they can't cross-reference it because they have no way to. They told me that there's no way they can get me backstock. There is none anywhere.

I haven't been able to get ahold of anybody higher up rather than somebody in the technical department that doesn't care much. The guy called me and said, "I received your letter. They've asked me to help you. The only problem is I'm on vacation for 10 days." Really? He's going on vacation for 10 days and he called me to tell me that he doesn't have time to really help me. So why isn't there somebody else in the department? I couldn't believe it. When he said they discontinued that flooring in 2011, somebody else should have told me that when we purchased it. To try and get help from them to find what the best solution is, that if they discontinue a product, they'll usually put something else that's comparable back in. They don't to want to help at all.

I would not recommend them because their customer service stinks. It's not necessarily their fault that we went to them and they didn't tell us that the floor had been discontinued and that they charged us top dollar for the flooring. That was our fault. But they should help us because they're gonna know what floor and colors match to that discontinued product.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Kathleen - I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm so glad you're enjoying your kitchen floors! It's awesome to know that we had the exact product you needed to fit your style, budget AND quality standards. Thank you for sending your feedback on your flooring! Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 10, 2016

I had some floors installed by Mohawk Flooring in my kitchen and they were great! I liked that it was texturized which gave it a more realistic look because the other ones were really smooth so they looked more fake. Its cost and quality was also really good.

Purchased $3,000 of Mohawk carpeting in August 2015 and it started breaking down by November 2015. Warranty inspection completed but conclusion clearly not objective. I started following up by Feb of 2016 less than 6 months from installation. I selected the carpet because of the resilience ratings. Truly Tender III 58 Oz carpet was horrible.

Every place we have normal use (traffic areas) and on the side of the beds where we get in and out daily - it is totally matted and shot. Places where we have less use: sunroom, guest bedroom etc... It is just fine. In all cases we vacuum weekly with the same vacuum. Those areas look fine but the areas in question look like we bought cheap carpeting and do not maintain it. It was clear the inspector just wanted to keep her job by indicating that we did not maintain the carpet correctly. That is an unfounded conclusion based upon the fact that we vacuum weekly and have not had issues with any of our carpets in the past. We now have to rip out the carpet and start completely over. Mohawk's warranty is a sham; they do not stand behind their product and they do not have objective inspectors.

My SmartStrand lasted just about one year. It is now 3 years old, and it's almost matted flat and is untwisted. Warranty was for 25 years!! Multiple claims have been turned down. Lowe's isn't doing anything either except offering different material at their cost. I have spent over $5000 on this junk.This warranty mean nothing... Don't ever buy Mohawk products...

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Angie, I'm Laura from Mohawk. While I'm really glad to hear that you like your laminate flooring, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your installer. I hope there is a speedy resolution and that the project is completed soon, so you can really start enjoying your new floors. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you like your laminate so far. Thank you Angie, and take care-- Laura

Original review: July 7, 2016

The color of the Aston Oak laminated flooring that I got from Mohawk was what I was looking for. I also like the thickness, however, the service is bad and their ethics are horrible. They've installed it in three bedrooms, a loft, a hallway and the stairs but they haven't completed the job yet. They gave me a five-day window to finish it out but this has been going on for over 30 days so I'm not happy with that at all. I had to call and ask what's the hold-up. They said they can't finish it until my bathroom tiles are done. But as for the outcome of the work, the floors look nice and the workmanship is fine.

I purchased Mohawk carpet and installed it in my bedroom. I picked the coloring and I liked it. I also like the texture and the kind of shaggy type. The flooring has met my expectations and the experience went great.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Edie, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Thank you for letting us know about your experience with your EverStrand carpet! It's great to hear that you're enjoying its softness and how easy it is to clean. I'm really glad we had the right carpet for your family's needs, and that it's proven to be a great value for you. Thank you again, and take care-- Laura

Original review: July 4, 2016

We were originally looking at an EverStrand carpet because of its value and longevity. We had it installed in the stairs, on the upstairs landing, and in two bedrooms of our home. It’s a great carpet and I like its color. It feels great to walk on and easy to care for. I definitely would recommend Mohawk.

Expert Review

Joseph TruiniHome Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.    More about Joseph→

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.
  • Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.
  • Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.
  • Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.
  • Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.
  • Best for Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile