Call toll free
3.93/5
Based on 187 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
B-BBB Rating
View More View More

777 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2018 During the summer of 2015 we undertook a large renovation in our home that included complete replacement of our floors. We had lived in our home for 7 years with Mohawk engineered floors and had no problems, but we wanted a different look. After much research, we chose to use Mohawk Hardwood flooring due to perceived trust in the Mohawk brand and quality of product. We moved out of our house during the week long installation process and used a verified and

trusted installer for the floors. After a week, the floors were complete and we were extremely pleased with the finished product. Unfortunately, about a month after installation, we noticed the finish wearing off on some of the board's edges. We contacted our dealer immediately and they reported the problem to the local Mohawk rep. We were told that an inspector would be coming to our home to assess the situation.

After several months, an inspector called and scheduled an appointment (Claim # ** - Cornerstone Commercial Flooring). He completed his inspection and told us that Mohawk would be in touch. Fast forward ANOTHER couple of months and we received a letter from Mohawk on December 6, 2016 stating that the issues were caused by moisture and that Mohawk was not liable damage. We were extremely frustrated that a brand and product we trusted was not taking responsibility for n obvious manufacturer defect.

We are a couple years into our floors and the failing boards continue to flake and lose their finish. We had the same installer come to our home recently to install floors on our second floor. He immediately noticed the finish defect issue and stated that he has seen this in other homes he has installed floors in. He pointed out that there are specific floor boards failing, and the ones next to them are not… meaning that it CANNOT be a moisture issue. He would be happy to testify that this is not a moisture issue and is, in fact, a defect in the product. We have gone through all the proper channels to remedy this situation to no avail. What a disappointment that a major brand such as Mohawk has such lousy customer and warranty support. I’ve included extensive photos of the different areas below for reference.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Angela, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Because your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can hire a certified flooring inspector to assess your flooring and submit a report to Mohawk, if they have different findings. The inspector just needs to be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC -- their websites are http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx and http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx (On both sites, you can enter your zip code to find your closest inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service.) Mohawk will reopen the claim if a new report is received. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience. Take care -- Laura

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We went through a store in Santa Barbara and they gave us different options. We went through two different flooring types because we’ve been through laminate then we found out that laminate was not waterproof all the way. We were putting it in our new bathroom and in the kitchen so we wanted it to be waterproof. Well, I needed waterproof, kids-proof, husband-proof and dog-proof.

Then they changed it to LVT from Mohawk. It's the new flooring that’s waterproof. We looked through a lot of tiles and that was the best. It has a really good design and it is perfect for us because it looks like real wood. That was a good thing because there were some that looked really fake. I wish it was a little bit less on the wood design on it. When you walk barefoot, you can feel the grates on it. It's not smooth on the skin but I love it because it's not tiling. It’s not cold. It also came with the padding underneath so we didn’t have to put padding underneath. But it feels like it would need a little bit more and I would’ve had that extra padding a little thicker. But that aside, it’s really nice.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We looked at a bunch of different carpet and then decided to go with Mohawk. They had a really good price on the product, so we went with that. And then it's really soft. So, that's kinda what we wanted. It's a great quality carpet and has made the room downstairs warmer. We enjoy it as a family and the kids love it. They're down there every day playing. The flooring does what we want. So, that's good.

Original review: June 9, 2018

We had engineered hardwood flooring called Arcadia installed in our living room, dining room, office, and family room. We initially looked at different brands but we liked the value and the quality of Mohawk Flooring. There are better ones out there, but you weigh up the price versus value of the house. The Arcadia is a good product for the price. When I researched it, it seemed like they put a lot of quality into it and hopefully, I will never have to use the warranty. I like the style of the flooring too. But I expected it to be a little more durable. I wasn't too happy about some heel marks in one room. Otherwise, I would recommend Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We started looking at some of the Stainmaster products across all brands, but we liked the Silk SmartStrand from Mohawk Flooring for its value and benefits. The flooring has better texture and resistance against dust-staining compared to others. It also had a fair price. So, we purchased that carpet and the installation process was pretty straightforward. We had it installed on the second and third floor of our home. On the first day, the installers removed the existing padding and carpet, then laid out the Mohawk product so it laid flat. The next morning, they came back and installed it. Overall, we had a positive experience with Mohawk. We like the product and the customer service that came along when we got it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

We built our home in 2013 and paid for a 5th upgrade to Mohawk Inspiring Color Rice Cake carpeting in our master bedroom and closet. The traffic areas have flattened terribly and is not twisted (see picture #1). The carpeting really needs to be replaced (see picture #2 - nontraffic area adjacent to picture #1). It has not worn well at all and is a disappointment. We regularly vacuum the carpet and there are just two of us in our home. Since the builder installed the carpeting we do not have a receipt from a retailer. This carpeting has a 10 year warranty so we are well within our warranty period. What steps should we take to see if there is anything you can do to help us?

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Nancy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. It's not a problem that you don't have a receipt from a retailer, since your carpeting was installed by your builder - your builder and/or the dealer they worked with will have this information, and they will work with Mohawk on your behalf as needed. Please contact your builder about your concerns, and they will be able to advise you. If your builder is out of business, or if they aren't responsive, you can let us know by sending us some info at the following webpage - http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx I apologize again for your experience! --Laura

Original review: June 5, 2018

The Mohawk Flooring was wonderful! Everything is absolutely perfect. We had laminate floors in the kitchen and the living area and two vinyl floors in our bathroom. The flooring is beautiful. I would definitely tell others to go to Mohawk.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased the SmartStrand product from Mohawk Flooring and got it installed in the whole house. The sales guy sold me on the product and said that it's really good and that it would last for as long as we needed it to. I like that it’s really soft. And I didn’t realize that it would be so soft. So, that’s a good feature, but it was a surprising feature.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I purchased a carpet from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in our master bedroom and in another bedroom. I had a designer in my remodeling who had suggested four different Mohawk carpets for those rooms. I previously had Mohawk and they were high traffic and pet-friendly. The installers showed up when they were supposed to and were efficient and very professional. I had a door that needed to be shaved on the bottom and the personnel who installed it had that ability so we could take care of that right at the same time. Also, it was a reasonable cost.

I like that the new carpet is soft and nice to walk on. We got the white color carpet but I don’t think that was a good idea. I should have done gray. It was like form over function but I did it because of the aesthetic. It’s beautiful and it looks like little squares and it’s slightly plush. I have to vacuum a little more than I had hoped, though. Still, I'm satisfied with the experience with Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I bought a cream-brown carpet from Mohawk Flooring and it's installed in a condo. I considered other brands but this one is good quality and stain-proof. So far, I'm satisfied with the carpet and it has met my expectations. I would also recommend Mohawk Flooring to others.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I had a carpet installed in three bedrooms and as far as ordering, getting it all sold, and then working with our schedule because of construction, Mohawk was really flexible and easy to work with. Also, the price was fair. I would recommend them for sure.

Original review: May 27, 2018

We had carpet put in in 2 bedrooms of a rental. Mohawk Flooring has better cost and quality compared to the other brands I considered, but the deciding factors were the cushioning and the feel of the carpet itself. The installation done was a great job. I would recommend Mohawk and we would use them again with the carpet for the rest of the house.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 26, 2018

I want to caution other buyers to not purchase the engineered hardwood in espresso. We built a home 2 years ago, and the finish is peeling all over my house. An inspector came out and determined moisture as the cause, although the subfloor is completely dry and the moisture showed 1 digit off normal on a rainy day which could easily be a normal variances. Yet Mohawk denied our claim. For a company who prides itself on its warranty and consumer satisfaction, it’s very disappointing they are choosing to not stand behind their products.

If the peeling is considered normal for this type of wood, then it’s a poor product. I would recommend not buying it. I have also been in touch with the builder, so hopefully they will no longer put this product in other peoples’ homes. And Mohawk, please don’t reply with “I can get another inspection.” I’m fairly certain, based on other reviews, that even if they determine it is a manufacturing issue, you will still base your denial on the one you choose to interpret in your favor.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Angela, I'm Laura from Mohawk. I apologize for your experience with your floors, and I understand from your message that you know of your second inspection option but do not want more information about it. I will share your comments with the Consumer Affairs team. I apologize again for your experience. --Laura

Original review: May 25, 2018

I like patronizing local businesses instead of big chains and Foglio’s Flooring Center had what I was looking for. We purchased a Mohawk brand rug which has smart fiber that would clean up better. Its rating was good as well as the color wearability. It was more than I was gonna spend but I decided that I wanted a better quality and it met my needs. I've only had the rug for a short time now and I like it. I did not care that it shows when somebody walks on it. When I clean it, I like seeing exactly where I clean.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We were specifically looking for the waterproof carpet and Mohawk was selling that. We purchased one, had it installed in our family room and I'm happy with the look and feel of it. We read a lot of reviews and people said that it doesn't look that great on the floor but it looks fantastic. And we have lots of spills and they just wipe right up. I'm delighted.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I bought carpeting and I got it from Mohawk Flooring just because of the brand name. It was for the house and we have a pet so I like the idea that it's pet-proof.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I purchased wood floors from Mohawk and had them installed in the living room, the dining room and the hallway. I liked all the features of the flooring except the little grooves between the boarding. It has a quarter of an inch gap in between and we were not happy with that. But we're used to it now. Other than that, Mohawk is a great company and they have a great product. I liked them the best and I would go back and get all my flooring from them.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I went to a store and met with a consultant and then we had the carpet professionally installed in our bedroom. It's holding up fine. If anyone asks me about Mohawk Flooring, I would tell them it's a good product.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Other people have recommended Mohawk, that they install a lot of flooring. We purchased the flooring and we had it installed in four bedrooms and the office. Mohawk flooring is expensive but we looked at the quality and they're worth it. The flooring made my wife happy. Overall, the Mohawk team did a great job and we really appreciated it.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We had been flooded in the kitchen and had to replace the hardwood flooring. We made a homeowner's claim and thought to change it up a little bit, so at least it looks new and different. We tried to find something a little bit lighter and bought some laminate flooring from Mohawk Flooring. We like its color, texture, and grooves. It looks really nice now. We had all the flooring in the living room, dining room, and kitchen replaced. I wasn’t crazy about the fact that when I dropped a plate and it made a ding.

I would tell others that it’s a good product. The planks were heavy and durable. And they seem to be packaged and made in such a way that the contractor just breezed through installation. Plus, it cuts well. Once you decide on a color and you get a delivery date, and they acclimate to the weather in the house, they just go in quickly. In six hours, they’re done and they’re gorgeous.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I purchased some carpeting from Mohawk Flooring that I put in my basement and I love it. I went to a local representative here and they were outstanding. I recommend them.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I will NEVER put Mohawk carpet in my home again. We bought very expensive carpet made by Mohawk and the carpet started breaking/wearing down within 5 months of purchasing. We followed all of their requirements for caring and maintaining the carpet and it still did this. Of course the place we bought it from went out of business so we had to deal directly with Mohawk. What a joke. They paid someone to come out and look at it and they said absolutely nothing was wrong with the carpet and it was showing normal wear. We had a cleaning company come look at it along with a carpeting store in town come look and they said it shouldn’t be doing what it’s doing. The carpet is matted down and looks disgusting. We’re fighting their denial but I’m sure they still won’t do anything about it. Save yourself time and money and go with a different manufacturer.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hi Nicole, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Since your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can hire an independent certified flooring inspector to assess your carpet and submit a report to Mohawk if they have different findings. The inspector just needs to be certified by either the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- On both sites, just enter your zip code to find your closest inspectors; they usually have a wide radius of service. Mohawk will reopen the claim if a new report is received; you or the inspector would just send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience. Laura

Original review: May 7, 2018

I've ordered a carpet for my home from Mohawk Flooring and I've had a great experience purchasing it. I just went over then picked out what looked good. The employee was very nice, knowledgeable and helpful. The carpet has good quality too. I liked it because it's softer than the other one I picked out. I was also told that it would last 25 years.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased a product from Mohawk Flooring for carpeting. We also went to Nebraska Furniture Mart but their bid was quite high. The interaction with the sales representative at Mohawk was a scatterbrain. There was a big misunderstanding on pricing. My wife, my mother and I were in the store and we all heard him say one thing, but then he switched to a little higher price. We went back and forth and then he finally settled for the price that we thought we heard. The installation was done a month ago and it was beautiful. The carpet was installed in the large room, the living room and at the office. The guys moved the furniture around and did a great job. We had one little scratch on the bed but that was it. We like the carpet's color and the feel of walking across it. It’s very cushy and comfortable. The carpeting met our expectations.

Original review: May 5, 2018

We got carpeting from Mohawk Flooring and we chose them because of the research my husband had done on it and some of the videos that we watched on the internet with the spill-proof and how the carpet was made. We placed the flooring on the whole upstairs – three bedrooms and a hall – and we only had one slight problem, but I’m sure that the installers will take care of it. A seam opened up in the doorway. But as far as the carpet itself, we love the way it feels. It’s thick as what we thought it would be. We got a more expensive carpet and it has held up to what we expected, although I wish the carpeting was cheaper. This is a newer style carpet and it’s made of silk. We’ve never had that before, so we’re anxious to see how it wears.

Mohawk had offered a coupon and it was $100 off per $1,000, but we couldn’t get that redeemed. When spending $4,000, a couple hundred off would have been helpful. I had to talk to six different people at Mohawk to get transferred to somebody who could actually answer my question. At the end of the line, the answer was it’s up to the retailer of the carpet whether or not they will accept it. That was disappointing.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Mohawk had the best quality for the price. When it gets to $90 a square yard, that’s pretty expensive. It used to be $35 a square yard for wool carpet 40 years ago and it has done very well. For a family room, it’s all carpet and $35 was extremely high at that point in time. It was a Karastan carpet and people think it’s cheaper because they’re not smart enough to add it all up. I bought a silk strand flooring from Mohawk. I like the feel of it and it was prettier, and I was promised that it would have a good guarantee behind it. The flooring was installed in three bedrooms and a hallway. It's a very light carpet and the workers I had here had gotten a little stain of dirt on it when they were working between my kitchen floor, putting the tiles down and got paint on all kinds of stuff. There was a pretty dark dirty spot but I was able to wipe it up with just a damp rag. I’ve only had it in for a couple of weeks and it has met my expectations.

Original review: April 28, 2018

We got Mohawk flooring installed in our home; for the mag room, kitchen, family room, foyer and connecting hallway and powder room, two pantries and two closets. It was the best laminate for us and it has exceeded my wife’s expectations once installed. She’s been very pleased with it. Prior to purchasing it, we looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and I think Mohawk had six layers of the substrata thing for better flooring.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We purchased Mohawk vinyl wood plank and then the new stuff they have out now, which is a water resistant vinyl type. It looks like marble flooring. The planks are 6.5 by 36 inches, 100% waterproof and used in the kitchens and the bathroom. It's like a counterpart to ceramic tile without all the weight in the body because you don't have to do it as a floating floor. We would recommend Mohawk and use them again if we need to.

Original review: April 26, 2018

We just moved into our house and I bought a carpet from Mohawk Flooring to replace the carpeting in one room. I just used the same carpet brand that was already installed in the house.

Original review: April 25, 2018

DO NOT BUY ANY CARPET FROM THIS MANUFACTURER. Within months of installation our house began to turn orange. We filed a claim with our homeowners and after eight thousand dollars worth of testing we find out our house is inundated with POLYSTYRENE, a cancer causing neurotoxin. We sent a sample to Mohawk. They denied our claim without even testing the carpeting AND gave us no reason for the denial even though the chemical engineers report stated that the only reasonable source for this level of contamination was the carpeting and/or padding. I have pictures and a copy of the test report available upon request.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Katharine, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Although the claim was declined based on the environment report, you do have the option of commissioning a second inspector to assess the flooring - either you or they can send their report to Mohawk, consumer@mohawkind.com, to reopen the claim. I apologize again for your experience.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information