Call toll free
3.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

898 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased Mohawk 100% SmartStrand BCF 3GT Polyester with DuPont Sorona Renewably Sourced Polymer. Style: SILK 00119D. Color: Log Cabin. I purchased this carpet from Home Depot in May 2009. So this carpet is 10 years old. It was installed in 4 Bedrooms. I wear my shoes all day, every day. I have had multiple Dogs and a cat. All of which at one time or another pottied on it or vomited on it. I have 10 grandchildren, again, at one time or another pottied on it, spilled juice on it, and got gum stuck in it. I vacuum with a Dyson DC17 once a week.

I have used the Rug Doctor 4 or 5 times to clean it in a 10 year. I spot cleaned it many times due to the pet and kid accidents. After 10 years, the carpet still looks looks amazing. No traffic pattern, no stains, no wear, nothing whatsoever wrong. I going to buy carpet for the 3 season porch today; a very high traffic room. There is no question what I will be buying; I will be buying Mohawk SmartStrand.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi there, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to hear that your SmartStrand carpet has performed beautifully for you all these years and been a fantastic carpet for your grandchildren and pets. Thank you again for your review and for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

The vinyl that we purchased from Mohawk was more expensive than the other brands, however, because it was a bigger company, they could offer 18 months, 0% financing. Also, I liked the warranty for 12 years and the quality of the product is better. So, I went with the quality as opposed to the price. They did the installation last week but it’s not finished yet. I ordered it on August 13th and I was getting pieces in. In fact, they still don’t have some of the transition pieces done. So, I haven’t really used it, but I’m hoping that the waterproofing feature would be great just in case I have a problem in the future.

I like Mohawk's product. The flooring is beautiful and the quality is there. I can't ding them for the length of time needing to wait and the fact that not everything is in because it’s something out of their control. I called them six weeks after I ordered and they said it was supposed to be in that Friday and they’d give me a call. They didn’t call. I called back again the following Friday and they said, “Oh, that was changed to this Friday.” But everything’s in and they went to install it. And as soon as the transition pieces come in, they will call me, we’ll set up the time, and they will come out complete the job.

The only thing is Mohawk sent me a $500 coupon that I was unable to use. I have a very large basement with over 1,100 square feet and because it was over a thousand, they told me I could utilize pallet pricing. So, I thought that was great because I qualified for it. But then, I had a $500 coupon that they refused to allow me to use because they either got pallet pricing or I got the $500 coupon. The pallet pricing was a lot less. But in my mind, if the job is big enough to qualify for it, it wasn’t a special gift to me. I was really a little annoyed with them at that when I set it all up. If I had a coupon, I had a coupon. Now, if I only had 900 square feet, and they were kind enough to say, “Hey, you’re close enough. I’ll give you pallet pricing,” that would have been a different story. But I have 1,100 square feet which was over a thousand. I qualified for the pallet pricing, so I should have been able to utilize that $500 coupon. And they told me, “No, one or the other.”

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We're just renters in the house and we convinced our landlord that Mohawk Flooring's carpet was definitely the best stuff to go with. I just moved to this city and I went on to the Mohawk website to find a local vendor that was offering the carpet. After I entered information on the Mohawk website, they called me within 5 minutes to come out and do a measurement. The customer service was outstanding and they actually ended up budging a little bit on the price. That was great because we only had a certain dollar amount that they would spend.

My new carpet is so soft and I love it. It's comfortable and stain-resistant. It has got multiple colors in it so it's really pretty. It's also a kind of a neutral color, so they go with everything. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it from people who come into our home too. It's a carpet I had in a previous home and it's a little bit more expensive but it's worth it. Overall, we're very satisfied. My husband is a college football coach so we move fairly frequently. And as we continue to move to different places, we would continue to look at Mohawk as the solution for us.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We had a very good experience purchasing our Mohawk Flooring. However, we did have an incident when it was first being installed. We still had the sample that we brought home with the stock number and it was exactly what the salesman put on their paperwork. But when they delivered it, soon as we took one look, it was no comparison to what we picked out. And so, my husband read the numbers off of that carpet versus what we had on our sample and on the paperwork, and they said that Mohawk put the wrong label on the wrong carpet. So that was the only thing that was bad because they then had to reschedule and order all-new carpet again.

Our house was only two years old, so the builders put in the more low-grade carpet with the thinner padding, and we like thicker padding. And the Mohawk came out nice. It's cushiony, but it definitely shows a lot of footprints and it just didn't look as plush as the thicker carpet. You can completely vacuum it, it looks beautiful, but you walk from one side of the room to the other and you can see your footprints in it. That was the only thing that I didn't really like. If we had gone with a lower grade carpet, it probably wouldn't show it as much. But the flooring has met my expectations very well.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have an eight-bedroom home that is located toward the Atlantic Ocean in Atlantic City. Most of my flooring is redone hardwood which was original to the home in 1918. And on the 4th floor, the flooring that was done was a Berber carpet that was in bad shape. I just decided to finish it. Mohawk has a good write-up on their site about how easy their product was to install, so we ended up buying from them. Also, there was a YouTube video where a woman was putting it down. So if a woman could do it, I could do it.

My wife and I decided to use a vinyl product that imitated the local wood. It was 8 millimeters thick and the transition was very easy. I installed it myself and it was easy. It was easy to cut. I cut it with a tipped razorblade and you snap it nice and clean. It went down well and came out really nice. I was glad. The quality is amazing and it has a 20-year warranty. It's also easy to clean. The only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't cheap. It was $3.59 a square foot. But you save down on the installation if you do it yourself.

The better news with the product that I was using was it was waterproof. Being near the ocean, you get a lot of sand and the kids running through the house so there’s no carpet in my house at all for that reason. I've also put this stuff in my kitchen. It was a different color. Everybody that looks at it thinks it’s hardwood floor until they get on their knees to feel it. Mohawk’s the best. They do a nice job. They're dependable with value for your dollar.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: June 18, 2019

We were open to looking at all flooring products to be installed for our home. We did our research and we liked the Mohawk Flooring product the best, and the color was perfect for us. Also, dealing with their reps was wonderful. They were very knowledgeable about their product. I bought carpet and laminate and it was on sale, so that was another plus.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I bought a replacement piece of carpet that was cut off. I had a match of it that was currently on the floor. When I found out that the builder used Mohawk, I figured out I was gonna go with Mohawk too and everyone was helpful.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2019

Bought this flooring about 3 weeks ago. Dont like the feel when walking on it. After a couple of days the seams started to separate. It was bought inside for about a week to adjust. There was a quarter inch gap left all around the perimeter. It looked good for a couple of days and that was it. Contacted the store where purchase. Finally got a claim number. (See what happens.)

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi John, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Our Consumer Affairs team looked for a claim under your name, and we didn't locate one - it might be under the store's account. Could you send me your 7-digit claim number? We will use it to locate the claim and let you know its status. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I did the engineered laminate for my whole main floor and I really like the look of it. I like that it’s a wide plank and that it doesn't have a shiny finish. It’s a matte finish that looks like burned wood, which is what I was going for. I’m in love with it. I also liked that Mohawk had a bit of a warranty as far as waterproof because I have animals. Then compared to other brands I considered, the cost was also pretty similar.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have a large area open floor plan in which the floor is all covered with Mohawk Bayview Country Natural Hickory Laminate. My refrigerator leaked on the floor which in turn ruined a portion of the laminate in front of the refrigerator. I was lucky enough that the laminate was still available and could place an order with my local carpet store and have the new laminate installed.

After several days I noticed that the new laminate was starting to lift on the corners and on the edges between the boards. I spoke with the carpet store, there is nothing they can do to help me. The laminate has since been discontinued, now instead of just replacing the defective pieces I am stuck replacing all the laminate so it will match, which will run me over $5000 all because Mohawk sold an inferior defective laminate. I’m so dissatisfied and disappointed. Had I known I would end up with a defective product I would have went with a different laminate company from the start. Do your research, I thought I had but I obviously could have chosen better.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Shirley, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. If you believe the product has manufacturing defects, I would recommend that you ask your store to file a claim on your behalf with Mohawk, regardless of whether the style/color has been discontinued. Additionally, I may have located a source for more of this product. I will send you the information in a message. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: May 11, 2019

After my installers were 2/3 complete, they started opening boxes and noticed the wood was a different color. We called the distributor who then put me in touch directly with the Michigan Mohawk representative, Mike. He did not answer the phone 1 time or text messages. I requested they send me the correct floor within 3 days as I had other trades and people scheduled to perform services, I needed my flooring immediately or else I would miss my closing date. Well that didn’t matter to Mike, he simply just didn’t care. They took 9 days to get me my floor and I had 2 hours to get it or else it would’ve been 11 days. This problem costed me thousands of dollars and I had to push my closing back 1 week. Then they have the nerve to charge me for the additional boxes of flooring. Let’s just say I wouldn’t use their products again due to their carelessness in customer service.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Carlo, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. The territory representatives are contacts only for retailers/distributors, not for the customers of the retailers/distributors, so I'm not sure why your store asked you to call the rep directly. The store is supposed to work with Mohawk on your behalf. If you received damaged product, you should be able to return that product to your store - please speak to your store about this. That would cancel out any charge for additional boxes of flooring. I apologize again for your experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased Mohawk before and it lasted me 17 years until I had to replace so once again I gave them my business. Now this new carpet I purchased has already had to be replaced in two years because it was rotting. Now two years after that it again is degrading. Professional carpet cleaner says there is nothing he can do. Mohawk said they do not guarantee heavy traffic but I seen nothing in their warranty about that and this is not heavy traffic. I am a 50 year old disabled woman and rarely in the last three years have even gotten out of my bed so this carpet is defective crap that I put a lot of money into. NEVER AGAIN.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Mary, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Do you happen to have the claim number that Mohawk would have provided your store with when the claim was filed, or could you tell me the name of the retailer and the approximate date (month/year) that the claim was filed? We looked for a claim under your name and have not found a positive match. With some of that additional info we can look for your claim and advise any next steps. I apologize again for your experience with your carpet.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I recently (one year ago) bought a new $465,000 home that had Mohawk Engineered Hardwood flooring installed. Less than a year later the entire first floor (1400+sq.ft.) is wearing out. The color is wearing thru or chipping off at the edges of the boards. My cork brown floors now have lines of lighter wood showing thru. Mowhawk sent out an inspector who determined that over 20% of my floor has "checking of the face veneers". Mowhawk decided this wasn't a manufacturing defect even though there is supposed to be a 25 residencial warranty. It didn't last a year... Builder, Installer and Mowhawk (manufacturer) all claim it isn't their fault. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with this company.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hello Cliff, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Since your claim was declined based on an inspection, you can have a second inspection done in order to reopen the claim, if you would like to hire an inspector and have them assess your flooring. If the inspector's findings differ from the first report, you or the inspector would send the new report to us, and the claim will be reopened for review. Please note that the inspector must be certified either by the NICFI or the IICRC:

You can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors on both sites. They usually have a wide radius of service. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: April 19, 2019

We got carpet from Mohawk and it was 100% SmartStrand. We pretty much did the whole house, except for the kitchen and bathroom. The installation team wasn't exactly sure in some cases what they were supposed to do, which kind of surprised me. They didn't know if they were supposed to do the closets and if they were supposed to do the stairs. Stuff like that kinda threw me off because I thought they’d for sure know what they were supposed to do before they came to the house.

Also the installers should be a little bit more careful with cables. They actually cut into my internet line in the basement. So I had to have my internet provider come and replace the cable the next day in order for me to get internet in the house. They didn't seem super careful, like one of my drawers on my bed was broken. I had to point that out. So we fixed that before they left. But other than that it went good. They got there at 9:00 and left about 5:30. I was satisfied. Rge carpet is also awesome. When it comes to their product, it's great.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I installed Mohawk Exquisite Attraction carpeting in two bedrooms on March 26, 2018. I became concerned when it was three months old and the texture of the carpet had completely changed looking older than the one it replaced. I made many calls to the retailer and was put on hold until they had time to come to the house to check on the carpet condition. They showed up four months later. Many months passed with no resolution. I called Mohawk and was told that perhaps I bought a cheap carpet or allowed it to get very dirty.

In January an inspector representing the manufacturer came to look at the carpet. It is now April and I have not received the inspection conclusions. When talking to Mowhak consumer complaint dept. I was told that the retailer had the results on Jan.18, 2019. The retailer told me that he had no results, and the complaint dept. told me that the results are confidential until Mohawk speaks to the retailer which has not happened. In the meantime, I am unable to get a return call from the retailer and the complaint dept. at Mohawk has not called or emailed either.

One must conclude that there is something wrong here and it is not with the consumer. If the results of an inspection have concluded, why am I not the recipient of the conclusions? The inspector came into my home, I paid a lot of money for the carpet and yet I am denied the results. I am in the process of getting area rugs to hide the “new” carpet. This is costing extra money along with the extra money to purchase a vacuum cleaner specific to this particular Mohawk carpet that the retailer did not tell me that I would need. The carpet brochure did not state any special cleaning needs either. In closing, I have had Mohawk carpets in my home for years and they have been absolutely beautiful and long wearing. Unfortunately, this one is not! Rita **

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Rita, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I just heard from our Consumer Affairs team that they are in contact with you and that you were recently provided with your inspection report and findings, as well as options for next steps with your claim. Consumer Affairs or your dealer will be able to advise you if you have any questions. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk

Original review: April 12, 2019

New home, 5 or six boards were replaced prior to move-in. Three months after move-in, we have 12-20 more boards. Toddler has gotten two 1/2" long pieces in his feet, adults have also been tagged. About every 2-3 weeks, a new board starts splintering, and this shows no sign of slowing down. Mohawk Warranty response to installer: "Behaving as expected, not a valid warranty claim." Installer told us Mohawk advised we should "just sand down the rough edges." We have boards that have cracked along several feet (and in the middle of the board), not the edges. What does it take for a 50-year warranty to be triggered, every single board failing? Emergency room trips from splinters?

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Jonathan, this is Laura with Mohawk - I've messaged you this information on another platform, but I wanted to post it here as well. First off I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. I asked our Consumer Affairs team for information about your claim, and they explained that although the claim had been declined based on an inspection, you can have the claim reopened by hiring an inspector to assess your flooring. If their findings differ from the first inspection, you or the new inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and that will reopen the claim. The inspector must be certified either by the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. I apologize again for your experience with your flooring!

Original review: April 5, 2019

We moved into our new house 12/2018 and chose Mohawk LVT because of builder's designer selling us on its durability. We were very careful to put mats at all entry doors, felt pads on all furniture and even purchased a special vacuum and mops. We began noticing scratches immediately. We now have hundreds! We contacted the builder/installer and they sent someone out to replace a few pieces. He suggested we purchase a Minwax marker and touch up the scratches.

We were not happy! (1) I am disabled and cannot crawl around on my hands and knees, (2) it is a new floor and has hundreds of scratches, (3) the marker shows on the floor. We contacted Mohawk and an inspector was sent out on 2/22/19 to take pictures and write a report. It is now April 5, 2019 and we have heard nothing. The builder doesn't want to meet with us, their installer/vendor doesn't respond because they are hoping it's defective. We are embarrassed to have guests at our forever home!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Carol, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Mohawk has provided the flooring vendor with a decision on your claim. Please contact the vendor or your builder to discuss your claim. I apologize again for your experience with your flooring.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We purchased Mohawk Vinyl flooring earlier this year to install in our new home. Shortly after installing the product the seams began to separate and it looks horrible. Mohawk wanted us to file a claim with Menards, who sold the product. We filed the claim and Menards sent it onto Mohawk, who after several weeks still hasn't responded. I have called the company, but have been sent to their never ending phone tree.

This company should be ashamed of itself for being a MADE in the USA product and business. If Mohawk ever responds I'm sure they are going to tell me it was installer error. This might be a good argument if we had not purchased SHAW brand vinyl and installed it with no problems in the same house at the same time. Whatever you do, don't buy Mohawk and expect them to stand behind their product or provide customer service. We were looking at purchasing thousands of dollars worth of carpet for the new home and will be sure not to use Mohawk.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Corey, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Mohawk would have asked you to contact your store to file the claim, because filing a claim is something your store must do on your behalf. Mohawk then communicates with your store about the claim, and your store is responsible for communicating all information to you. We looked for a claim so that we could share the status of the claim, but a claim was not found that has your name. Could you send me the 7-digit claim number that your store gave you from Mohawk? (Your store would have received the number from Mohawk when they filed the claim, and they can provide it to you if they haven't yet.) Or, if the claim was filed under a different name, please let me know. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Matted carpet in 4 months. I purchase and moved into my beautiful new townhome in Oct 2018. I live there with my son who works all day and stays in his room all night. There is no continuous use of this carpet, I don't see any reason why it should look like it's 5 yrs old. I went to Europe for 1 month 12/19-01/19/19 that's 1 month with no use. When I got settled in after being away for so long I noticed that my carpet looked horrible. So I went to get estimates on new carpet. Every person I spoke to talked about how their carpet has a 25 yr warranty. That's when it dawned on me I just purchased this townhouse. This carpet should have a warranty as well.

I made my complaint and GUESS WHAT. They dont warranty crush/matted carpet. what kind of crap is that. I've lived in my home for less than 4 months. The carpet looks terrible and they won't stand behind their warranty. I AM NOW CONSIDERING GOING TO COURT FOR THE COST TO REPLACE THIS CARPET WITH ANOTHER MANUFACTURER.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Paula, I'm Laura with Mohawk. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Mohawk carpets do carry a limited texture retention warranty, warranting that the carpet will not showing excessive pile crushing or matting from ordinary foot traffic, as a result of the tufts losing twist. What is excluded from the warranty is crushing that is rather the compaction of the pile thickness due to foot traffic or furniture; regular use of a vacuum with a beater bar in high-traffic areas may help reduce changes in carpet’s appearance. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I'm all commercial in my projects, and all of my dealings are with either the provider or the subcontractor. Both the two main flooring subs I use like the Mohawk line, so that's usually what they quote to me, and we get somebody to pick out of that. We buy the higher end of Mohawk's products. They have good products. They are also competitive on pricing, and the quality is fine. Mohawk is a good company, and I've always had good luck with them. The dealer network works. Putting somebody in local to develop relationships is a great way of doing it.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I had Mohawk carpet installed November of 2018. I notice my carpet has multiple large loops on every stair. It looks very bad! I contacted Fantastic Flooring because Mohawk offers warranties on their carpet. I sent videos and multiple pictures of the carpet. My claim was DENIED due to PET hair. They zoomed in on one picture that had pet hairs in it and denied it due to pet damage! I had carpet on my stairs for 13 years with NO problems. I still have this carpet in my bedrooms with NO damage.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Brenna, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Could you message me your 7-digit claim number? Mohawk would have provided this to your dealer when they filed the claim, and the dealer would have shared it with you. I ask for it because we could not find a claim under your name or the phone number you provided. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk

Original review: March 20, 2019

We purchased Moduleo Ethnic Wenge luxury vinyl plank flooring. The installer came on February 4, 2019 to install the flooring however it became quickly apparent that there was a manufacturer defect in how the planks were “cut” as they were not “locking” in during the installation. I sent an email on February 26 enquiring about the status of my flooring situation. I received a response from Vanessa who indicated the distributor was waiting for a sample to open my claim. It have been six weeks and I have not received any new information. This is becoming quite distressing as we have had to live with exposed sub floors not to mention the impact this has had on subsequent contractors in terms of unnecessary delays and additional costs. I am hoping someone can provide me with an update!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Tracy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Our Consumer Affairs team is following up on your concerns and will be reaching out to you. The team is in contact with your dealer as well. I apologize again for your experience. You will be hearing from Mohawk's Consumer Affairs team soon.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Five year old patterned carpet in our lower level. There are no kids just two adults and a 10 lb. dog who never goes downstairs. I vacuum weekly and within the last month there are now 5 pulls all the exact same size and paths with crushing. We take off our shoes when we come in and seldom even use that area. Our 30 year old carpet upstairs that gets most foot traffic still looks great. From what I am reading regarding the warranty, I'm not even going to bother submitting a claim. Not worth the already high sense of frustration. Why I ever went with Mohawk I'll never know. I read all the reviews about how crappy the carpets were but got talked into the brand by the salesman who was also the owner. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since we got five years out of ours but I'm thinking it's because we so seldom go downstairs. SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION AND MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM MOHAWK.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Joan, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand from your comments that you are not interested in submitting a claim; however, the first step would simply be to speak with your retailer about your experience and to ask them for assistance. The retailer is who files a claim for you, but they may be able to help you without filing a claim with Mohawk. In any event, I will share your comments with our Consumer Affairs team. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We bought Karastan carpeting from Mohawk for the bedroom and the living room. In the bedroom, my favorite thing about the carpet is the plushness of it. But in the living room, we weren’t shown the same carpet as what’s in the bedroom, so it’s not as plush. I was disappointed in that, but can’t do anything about that now. The bedroom wasn’t installed until after the living room, so I didn’t know the living room wasn’t as nice until the bedroom was finished. I liked it okay until the bedroom was done.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The guy that designed the stuff talked about the SmartStrand stuff up for years. Then I just went in Mohawk Flooring and told them what I wanted and asked how much it was. The carpet was installed on the main level of our home and the people who installed it was okay. So far, the carpet has met my expectations.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Purchased Mohawk Vintage carpet in October. Had to move a 1200 lb grand piano up a stair to allow for install. Carpet installer did a great job. It was evening and everything looked fine. I brought in a crew to return the piano to place. The next morning, with light coming through the windows, it was discovered that the carpet was flawed throughout - lines from a "low loop" every few inches. The company admitted it was a flaw, but was unwilling to do anything about the very expensive proposition of bringing in piano movers TWICE to remove and restore the piano.

They offered a small amount of financial compensation. So I was faced with either shouldering the expense of moving a piano - again - twice, or accepting the 'compensation' and living with a flawed carpet. Either way, I get burned and the company walks from a problem that they should have seen if there had been adequate quality control on their end. Don't they look at this carpet before sending it out? Would not go with Mohawk ever again.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Allan, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. You are correct that your carpet warranty does not cover payment for moving furniture. I apologize that we can't find a claim under your name (please let me know the 7-digit claim number, or if we should look under a different name), but it sounds as though replacement of the carpet was offered. New carpet would be provided, but not, as you note, payment for furniture moving. If you are unhappy with the offer, please discuss with your retailer, and they will work with Mohawk on your behalf as needed. I apologize again for your experience with your carpet.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I want to say we have had a wonderful experience so far with Vanessa and the Consumer Affairs department for a warranty claim. They have been diligent and knowledgeable and accessible. Working with us every step of the way.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm very glad to hear that you're pleased with the help you've received from Vanessa and the Consumer Affairs department. Thank you again for letting us know and for giving us the opportunity to assist you. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! I originally purchased Stoney oak gray from the Home Depot from the Harahan, Louisiana location, and had it installed in Jan/Feb of 2018 by Home Depot. By September your product began to fail. After the installers came out and figured out it wasn't an install issues, we then concluded that it was in fact a manufacturing defect. In fact, you guys have admitted the product was defective.

After months of back and forth, the lack of communication between your company and Home Depot, and the runaround, we finally had the entire floor replaced with a different Mohawk product. In November the new product was installed. At that point we had issues with Mohawk paying for removal and reinstall of the toilet!!! Weeks went by and we finally got a refund 6 weeks after the install. This was based on Mohawk's inability to effectively pay for the amount due to Home Depot. The floors have not even been laid for two months and we are having issues of buckling and spacing! The floor looks absolutely disgusting. I am so aggravated, disappointed, and pissed about your deceptive product. It seems that all Mohawk products are crappy or at least the two products you have installed in my home.

In addition, most people work Monday – Friday which is when you are open. I have called Home Depot and of course the people that need to help me are either off today or on vacation. The soonest we can discuss this issue is Monday! That is not good enough for 7 months of issues. I have had to take time off of work and upset my life and the lives of my children! This isn't fair! I don't have time to go back and forth again with communication issues and the issues of people not caring or wanting to do their job!!! The house is being listed in April and I can't afford to have any delay as it will decrease the value as well as a person's desire to purchase the home. I wouldn't want to buy a home with flooring issues, would you!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Jocelyn, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with both your old and current flooring. Your retailer can file a claim on your behalf for this new flooring if there are manufacturing-related concerns. I apologize if the people at your retailer were not able to speak with you until today due to being out of office. Please continue to follow up with your retailer about your concerns and they will reach out to Mohawk on your behalf as needed. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Pergo XP was absolutely beautiful when I first got it. Now five years later Mohawk won't even honor the warranty. They blame it on installation that to me is a joke that is a cop-out. I can't believe that a company like Mohawk of the Pergo Department would actually call it a installation problem when there is curling on the floor. There's also chips of the flooring coming off. There is a big water scratch line, I guess you can call it that. I had to fix with BS repair kit. Tabs are breaking left and right. I told him that it was mushy at first and now the tabs are breaking like their dominoes falling over. Do not buy Pergo XP. I'm begging you. Do not buy Pergo XP. It is the biggest scam stuff I have ever seen and if you go for a warranty on it they will laugh at you basically and say, "Sorry. It was an installation problem."

I didn't have that big of an area. I have 288 square feet. I offered him lots of opportunities to fix it. I told him I will pay for labor. I told him I wouldn't worry about the quarter round or the removal, just replace the floor. That's all. I asked, “Give me a voucher and I'll get some more Mohawk Flooring for it.” They won't even do that. It almost sounds like they want me to take it to litigation. Sent them pictures of the floor of all the damages. I talked to Home Depot concerning this. I have talked to everybody 8 months now. And all I get is a decline on the warranty because somebody came over and seen that the Peugeot had shifted to one side of the room and that's a sign that he took the quarter round off. And sure enough it was up against the wall.

I told him to look at the other side. He refused to look at that side but he took a picture of it touching the wall so they call it installation. Then I get a representative from Mohawk told me to email this and so I go email it and it's a Daemon (it's undeliverable) so they gave me another one same thing undeliverable. So far to date say the past 6 months I have rejected over $200,000 worth of Pergo installations for all of my customers. I refuse to install Pergo XP because I will not pay for Pergo XP since they will not honor their warranty. I push for Tarkett, Shaw or any other flooring but Mohawk Pergo crap. I will do what I can to resell if they take my offer give me a voucher for 288 square feet of Hawaiian KOA curly. This was not a installation problem. This was a terrible floor that had a manufacturing problem. And Mohawk refuses to honor that. So do not buy anything Pergo XP if you value your money.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Dave, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring - we've communicated over Twitter, and I was the person who gave you the email addresses which did not deliver for you. I apologize for your experience with your flooring and the email addresses. Since the email addresses to the Claims department are not delivering correctly, please call Pergo (see the website for open hours) if you need information on how to challenge your claim decline, or speak to your retailer about getting a copy of the decline letter, which will have information on how to challenge the claim decline. I apologize again for your experience with your flooring. Laura from Mohawk Flooring and on behalf of Pergo

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The carpet is constantly shedding and the seam is visible. Inspector came and said they thought it was defective carpet. The retailer is saying it is because of our dog and Roomba but it was shedding before we got either. Tried to reach out to Mohawk directly and they said I need to deal with the retailer. The retailer is scammy and even their installer said they are scammers and they won’t fix it because we own a dog, he said there is no way to fight. He said our carpet should not look like this after a year and he was so sorry. My husband is a disabled combat vet and doesn’t deserve this.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Emily, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Your retailer is who would need to file a claim on your behalf if they believe there is a manufacturing-related issue. However, if they are not responding to your requests for help, please send us some info at the following link - please state specifically that your retailer has declined filing a claim for you, but that you are continuing to experience issues: http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

I apologize again for your experience! Laura with Mohawk

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information