toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Natasha, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and we are so glad to hear that you love your carpet! That your daughter enjoys its softness and plushness enough to want to sleep on it, says a lot! Thank you so much for providing your feedback and letting us know that your whole family is pleased with the carpet. Take care -- Laura

Original review: March 17, 2017

Because of the comfort and the feel, and its lasting quality, we purchased carpet from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed upstairs in our home. We like its fluffiness. My daughter loves to lie on the floor. The first day after we got it installed, all she wanted to do was lay and go to sleep on the floor as well as I did. The cost and quality of the carpet were good. We looked at other places, Empire Carpet as well as Luna. The quality and the choices weren't comparable. We love our Mohawk Flooring carpet.

We had put in hardwood and carpet recently. We looked around the carpet store and we liked the Mohawk the most. It's soft and everybody enjoys laying on it. It's also comfortable and we were able to find a color that we liked which is tan brown. It was installed all over our home but the foyer and kitchen. It's worth it and we're happy with it. Also, not that we've had to clean up any messes on it, but it vacuums well. We try to have the rule "no food or drink" and no shoes on it. It has been a great experience.

Unbelievable! First time I don't feel I was ripped off on stain protection. The very first day our new carpet was installed we were carrying in groceries and I dropped a bottle of bleach that literally exploded all over the room. Well... we now have a spotted sofa which matches the spotted drapes and spotted side chairs but unbelievably, the Smartstrand silk carpet that took the biggest hit, which had almost a quart of bleach pooling all over the surface did not show any change. Made a believer out of me.

I had wall-to-wall carpet installed by Mohawk and I like it. I would recommend it.

We remodeled quite a few things lately in our kitchen flooring. My husband wanted the stone so if we broke one it was easier to replace. That was one factor why he really wanted the stone. The cost of the product from Mohawk Flooring was in the middle of the road. There were some that were cheaper but the quality was poor. Some have higher cost that we liked better but the flooring from Mohawk was on sale. So, we chose it finally. As far as quality was concerned, it was definitely better than the lower priced ones. Also, we like the design and the durability. It's durability has been top-notch. You can't dent it, you can't hurt it and it cleans well. Those were good things for me. Though if anything hits it, it breaks like the dishes that I've had for about 20 years, our wedding dishes that I've hardly broken. We've broken quite a few since we have kids and the dishes slip through and it hits the floor.

The only thing that we haven't liked is it's several shades different than what the display was. We knew it would be a little bit different. We were disappointed in the final result but I don't dislike it. It's just not exactly what I wanted. One thing we liked about it though was that if it did chip, it wouldn't be a different color below. Some of them were a red clay below and we were glad that this one was not. So, I would definitely recommend it.

I wanted a more water-resistant material so I bought laminate floors from Mohawk for my living room and kitchen. I like the quality of it. It's more solid and it looks nice.

My first time using Mohawk Flooring was a great and very satisfying experience. I purchased the laminated flooring since my wife liked its color, and because it has a more decent price than other brands or colors and it's affordable for us. We had the instructions and we installed it in the bedrooms ourselves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Richard, This is Laura with Mohawk Flooring. Although I'm glad your carpet's quality and style look good to you, I'm very sorry to hear your experience with the color. Were you able to discuss your concerns with your retailer, or get a response from them? I'm really sorry again for your experience, Richard. Take care --Laura

Original review: April 5, 2017

The Mohawk carpeting looks very good and the quality appears fine. Everything is right except the color. The carpet color that was sent was not the same one that was shown on the sample board. They were similar but distinctly different. The color that was installed was not really good that you could look at it.

We got a patterned carpet from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed on the steps and upstairs of our house, in the bedroom. I liked the price and the look of it. It was also said to be very durable and good in high-traffic areas. It's really nice and we're really happy with our purchase. I love the carpet and especially like the color option and the pattern. It was a great experience.

Mohawk was on sale with zero percent financing so we purchased a carpet to be installed in a bedroom. I like the texture, the flooring has met my expectations.

The value of the carpet made us choose Mohawk Flooring. We also liked the texture of the carpet better than some of the other ones we looked at. It was comfortable when you walk on it and it does vacuum up nice. We had it installed in the bedroom and it has met our expectations.

I bought some carpet last year from Mohawk Flooring because I liked the way it looked. It has several different colors mixed in together so it won't show dirt. It was installed in our bedroom. I talked to one person when I went in their store and I had someone different come out to my house and do the measuring and everything. They were friendly. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Angela, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Have you been able to contact your builder about your concerns? They or their retailer will work with Mohawk on your behalf to address them. If they are not in business or not responsive, just send us some info at http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx I'm really sorry again for your experience, Angela. Take care-- Laura

Original review: March 31, 2017

We purchased a new home a year ago and the builder installed the Mohawk Everstrand. The quality of this product is terrible! The carpet is falling apart and it's so matted it looks like we've been in the house for 10 years. I hate to see what it looks like in 2 years.

We only looked at a couple of places but the Mohawk carpet was good and I'm satisfied with it. It's a bit better quality than other companies and their people are very helpful.

I bought one of the laminate floor products from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in about three-quarters of the house. The cost of the flooring was similar to others but the quality was better with the Mohawk Flooring. Also, the style of the product matched what we were looking for and that was the biggest reason why we chose it. It also matched the color and the scheme that we were going after. I was on the website when I had a question and found my answer. So, everything was good.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Katie, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying your carpet, but I apologize for your experience with the display at your retailer. We appreciate your feedback though, because confusing folks is definitely not the intention of displays. We're hoping to give retailers a way to show you products that you might be interested in. Thank you again for sharing your experience - and I'm so sorry for any issues during shopping. I hope you continue enjoying your carpet for years to come. Take care- Laura

Original review: March 28, 2017

I wanted something as earth-friendly as possible and so I was looking at some other brand but the cost was too high, so I decided on Mohawk. I purchased the eco-friendly weave carpet, and I like the softness, flushness and the sheet. It's in a low traffic area, so it's hard to know how it's holding up, but it's a beautiful carpet and we're very happy with it.

However, my biggest complaint about the carpet experience was how overly complex it was to align the cost of the carpet with the samples that were in Cap Carpet. I went back twice and couldn't find the things that the salesman said were on sale or in stock. We were told the person responsible for installing the displays is a Mohawk person and we didn’t have any way of getting a hold of this person. Mohawk should organize the carpet based on budget and they need to have a better way of organizing their stock. The display kind of felt convoluted and manipulative. So I don’t know if I'll buy from Mohawk again.

We purchased Mohawk hardwood flooring six months ago and we had it installed in some parts of our home. I liked its color and style, and it was good that it was on sale. I would recommend them.

We bought a Maple pre-engineered and prefinished hardwood from Mohawk Flooring because it was the right color and the right price. I also liked the brand and the fact that it was prefinished. The flooring was great and it has met my expectations.

I purchased the carpet from Mohawk Flooring for the two bedrooms at home. I chose Mohawk product because of the quality, which is good. My favorite feature of the carpets is the color. It was lighter tan and stain resistant. It also met my expectations.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Alyce, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - thank you for sharing your experience of your laminate flooring! It's wonderful to hear that the laminate fits your home's style and your needs perfectly. We're so glad to know that you're very happy with your floor. Thank you again for sharing your experience! Take care-- Laura

Original review: March 23, 2017

We purchased some laminate flooring for the living room and dining room. The company that I went to referred me to Mohawk and the product fits our house and our needs. The color really coincided with our current wood style and wood color. We’re very happy and very satisfied with the floor. We had various compliments everywhere. I have recommended Mohawk Flooring.

I had laminate flooring installed in the kitchen and living room area of my studio rental apartment. I considered other brands and they were similar in cost and quality with Mohawk but the pattern that we found with them was what we wanted. I like the pattern that we finally ended up with and the flooring has met my expectations.

Resolution In Progress

The manufactured hardwood flooring was installed during new construction in 2005. About a year later I noticed wood peeling along the edges of the planks. I notified the installer, who then sent an inspector out to investigate. He claimed he couldn't make a determination, therefore, nothing was done. Keep in mind that there only two people living in the home. These floors are now peeling in corners and closets. The wood on my stairs is fading also. I am writing now because I absolutely hate these floors and had to get this off my chest. What happened to the 25 year warranty?

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Giavanna, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I wanted to apologize for your experience with your carpet. I understand you are not interested in the second inspection option; I would still like to send your comments to our Consumer Affairs team for review. I'm very sorry again for your experience. Take care-- Laura

Original review: March 15, 2017

Called Home Depot in November of 2016 because I finally got tired of looking at the stains in the softly 2 carpets I bought 2 years ago. I was told to send pictures and my receipts for professional carpet cleaning which I had done quarterly even though once a year is the mandate for the warranty. I did this and waited a few weeks or so and was told that I had to pay the $200 to have the carpet cleaned again because it had been 4 months since my last cleaning. I argued and was very unhappy about this because the warranty only requires 1x a year cleaning. I finally complied when I was assured that when I get it cleaned and the stains were still there they would honor the warranty. It was Christmas time and we were leaving shortly for a vacation so I was told to do it whenever I had the time... No rush.

I had the carpet cleaned on February 14, 2017 and immediately sent the pictures and the receipt. I then had to call 2 weeks later and ask about the progress on my claim. The home depot rep I was working with attempted to contact the Mohawk rep daily with no response for another week. Then they informed me on March 6, 2017 that they would come inspect on March 10, 2017. The man came and only took a picture of his "wipe test" on the stains surrounding the front door where we take our shoes off. He did no other wiping to see if the carpets were dirty on any of the 4 other stained areas in the house where no one wears their shoes. And of course I was just informed today that my claim was denied because of maintenance issues saying the carpets were just dirty.

It's all a scam. They sat on the pictures and didn't come out for almost a month so they could wipe the carpet by the shoe rack and claim it was dirty. The cleaning receipt even states that there are stains and wear without but that was insufficient as well. Please don't tell me to get a second opinion because if I have to waste more of my time and money on dealing with Mohawk it will be in a lawsuit. I don't feel like any "other opinion" in the world will make them honor this warranty and they'll just keep coming up with different reasons to deny it. Should have read the 50+ similar bad reviews about this company before spending so much money.

I had my previous carpet for 10 years and never had an issue. We don't wear shoes in the house or eat in the living rooms but honestly, we should be able to with no issues. Mohawk says that no stains or wear will remain on the carpet. Well they're wrong and they should be accountable to the claims they make and their warranty!

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Sandra, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm really sorry to hear about your carpet - have you been working with your retailer/dealer to address your concerns? If they are not in business or no longer responsive, just send us some info at http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx I'm very sorry again for your experience, Sandra. Take care-- Laura

Original review: March 15, 2017

I had this carpet (Metro Carpet-Ming tree) installed in 3 bedrooms in a new house. We are a senior couple living alone. We have been here 4 yrs. and have already have it worked on. The installers said the backing on the carpet stretches and causes wrinkles in the carpet. It looks terrible. I want to cry every time I walk into one of the rooms.

I chose to buy a Mohawk carpet because of the price. We're also happy with the color, plus it's pet-resistant but the main thing is that it had a really good warranty on it. We bought it through the floor store, so they seem to have good backing. They said if there's any issues, to call them at any point and they'll fix it. It was installed in our home and it's only been a few months but it seems fairly good. We haven't had any issues yet and hope not to, but hope that they'll stand behind it like they say they will.

I'm satisfied with my experience from Mohawk Flooring and I like the floor a lot. I purchased their tongue and groove 3/4-inch oak hardwood flooring which looked good at the store. We looked at different ones and compared its look but the flooring is what we liked best. Also, we liked the color and they fit together tighter so it didn’t have as big a void space between the individual planks than some of the other ones since some of the other ones had more obvious division between the planks. The flooring was installed in the whole house. However, the flooring dents a little easily and I'm surprised at that. Now, I have to be careful not to drop things on the floor.

I like that Mohawk has a very broad line of carpets that vary to price points. Also, they have a broad range of quality available at different ranges. I can pick out the second from the highest which is comparable to the best of other brands. We had them install a higher-end model of carpet in our home. It had fine fibers and we liked that it was stain-resistant and very soft. It's worth it.

We've always gone to Americarpet and they sell and have always recommended Mohawk when we've done carpet and flooring with them. We put in carpet several years ago in our house and we're now redoing the bedroom. We stuck with Americarpet's recommendation and got carpet installed in our son's bedroom in the basement. I tried to match the color as close as I could and the cost and quality of the flooring are great. We've only had it in there since September and I haven't had any problem. We will definitely buy it again.

We purchased laminate flooring from Mohawk and had this installed throughout our home. We looked at another brand as well, but we went with Mohawk because their price was a little bit less than the other brand and we liked the color better. The rep was very helpful and gave us all the information we needed, and we got our order in two weeks. My mom seems to really like the flooring that we got. Overall, it was quick, easy, and pleasant with Mohawk. I would definitely recommend them.

Mohawk was on sale at where we shopped and we ended up getting laminate flooring from them. It was installed in the bedrooms and I like that the flooring is easy to take care of. The installers were great, and the quality of the flooring was good. I'm very pleased and it was an excellent experience. I would recommend them.

I recently got a carpet for my two bedrooms and we love it. I actually did my entire basement with a similar Mohawk carpet seven years ago that we still love. So, I tried to match the same quality. We like that both of the carpets are comfortable. It met my expectations and I'd recommend Mohawk.

I'm a carpet installer and I've been working with carpets for almost 20 years. I have experience with all kinds of carpet and sometimes, I refer Mohawk to my customers. I tell them that Mohawk's the good stuff and also, mostly they like the carpet, the color and the quality. But sometimes, the carpet comes damaged from the factory. Also, we have a lot of trouble because the carpet wrinkles a lot and all the time, and the inspector would say it's the installer's fault so they make us come back and re-straight them. But other than that, everything else is good. I personally have a laminated floor from them. I've had it for almost eight years and it still looks good. It's good quality, I like the color and it's easy to clean. I have four kids and they spill everything in there but it's still in good shape.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile