3.26/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

890 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 19, 2019

We got carpet from Mohawk and it was 100% SmartStrand. We pretty much did the whole house, except for the kitchen and bathroom. The installation team wasn't exactly sure in some cases what they were supposed to do, which kind of surprised me. They didn't know if they were supposed to do the closets and if they were supposed to do the stairs. Stuff like that kinda threw me off because I thought they’d for sure know what they were supposed to do before they came to the house.

Also the installers should be a little bit more careful with cables. They actually cut into my internet line in the basement. So I had to have my internet provider come and replace the cable the next day in order for me to get internet in the house. They didn't seem super careful, like one of my drawers on my bed was broken. I had to point that out. So we fixed that before they left. But other than that it went good. They got there at 9:00 and left about 5:30. I was satisfied. Rge carpet is also awesome. When it comes to their product, it's great.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 14, 2019

I installed Mohawk Exquisite Attraction carpeting in two bedrooms on March 26, 2018. I became concerned when it was three months old and the texture of the carpet had completely changed looking older than the one it replaced. I made many calls to the retailer and was put on hold until they had time to come to the house to check on the carpet condition. They showed up four months later. Many months passed with no resolution. I called Mohawk and was told that perhaps I bought a cheap carpet or allowed it to get very dirty.

In January an inspector representing the manufacturer came to look at the carpet. It is now April and I have not received the inspection conclusions. When talking to Mowhak consumer complaint dept. I was told that the retailer had the results on Jan.18, 2019. The retailer told me that he had no results, and the complaint dept. told me that the results are confidential until Mohawk speaks to the retailer which has not happened. In the meantime, I am unable to get a return call from the retailer and the complaint dept. at Mohawk has not called or emailed either.

One must conclude that there is something wrong here and it is not with the consumer. If the results of an inspection have concluded, why am I not the recipient of the conclusions? The inspector came into my home, I paid a lot of money for the carpet and yet I am denied the results. I am in the process of getting area rugs to hide the “new” carpet. This is costing extra money along with the extra money to purchase a vacuum cleaner specific to this particular Mohawk carpet that the retailer did not tell me that I would need. The carpet brochure did not state any special cleaning needs either. In closing, I have had Mohawk carpets in my home for years and they have been absolutely beautiful and long wearing. Unfortunately, this one is not! Rita **

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Rita, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I just heard from our Consumer Affairs team that they are in contact with you and that you were recently provided with your inspection report and findings, as well as options for next steps with your claim. Consumer Affairs or your dealer will be able to advise you if you have any questions. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2019

New home, 5 or six boards were replaced prior to move-in. Three months after move-in, we have 12-20 more boards. Toddler has gotten two 1/2" long pieces in his feet, adults have also been tagged. About every 2-3 weeks, a new board starts splintering, and this shows no sign of slowing down. Mohawk Warranty response to installer: "Behaving as expected, not a valid warranty claim." Installer told us Mohawk advised we should "just sand down the rough edges." We have boards that have cracked along several feet (and in the middle of the board), not the edges. What does it take for a 50-year warranty to be triggered, every single board failing? Emergency room trips from splinters?

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Jonathan, this is Laura with Mohawk - I've messaged you this information on another platform, but I wanted to post it here as well. First off I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. I asked our Consumer Affairs team for information about your claim, and they explained that although the claim had been declined based on an inspection, you can have the claim reopened by hiring an inspector to assess your flooring. If their findings differ from the first inspection, you or the new inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and that will reopen the claim. The inspector must be certified either by the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. I apologize again for your experience with your flooring!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased Mohawk 100% SmartStrand BCF 3GT Polyester with DuPont Sorona Renewably Sourced Polymer. Style: SILK 00119D. Color: Log Cabin. I purchased this carpet from Home Depot in May 2009. So this carpet is 10 years old. It was installed in 4 Bedrooms. I wear my shoes all day, every day. I have had multiple Dogs and a cat. All of which at one time or another pottied on it or vomited on it. I have 10 grandchildren, again, at one time or another pottied on it, spilled juice on it, and got gum stuck in it. I vacuum with a Dyson DC17 once a week.

I have used the Rug Doctor 4 or 5 times to clean it in a 10 year. I spot cleaned it many times due to the pet and kid accidents. After 10 years, the carpet still looks looks amazing. No traffic pattern, no stains, no wear, nothing whatsoever wrong. I going to buy carpet for the 3 season porch today; a very high traffic room. There is no question what I will be buying; I will be buying Mohawk SmartStrand.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi there, I'm Laura with Mohawk - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It's wonderful to hear that your SmartStrand carpet has performed beautifully for you all these years and been a fantastic carpet for your grandchildren and pets. Thank you again for your review and for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Original review: April 5, 2019

We moved into our new house 12/2018 and chose Mohawk LVT because of builder's designer selling us on its durability. We were very careful to put mats at all entry doors, felt pads on all furniture and even purchased a special vacuum and mops. We began noticing scratches immediately. We now have hundreds! We contacted the builder/installer and they sent someone out to replace a few pieces. He suggested we purchase a Minwax marker and touch up the scratches.

We were not happy! (1) I am disabled and cannot crawl around on my hands and knees, (2) it is a new floor and has hundreds of scratches, (3) the marker shows on the floor. We contacted Mohawk and an inspector was sent out on 2/22/19 to take pictures and write a report. It is now April 5, 2019 and we have heard nothing. The builder doesn't want to meet with us, their installer/vendor doesn't respond because they are hoping it's defective. We are embarrassed to have guests at our forever home!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Carol, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Mohawk has provided the flooring vendor with a decision on your claim. Please contact the vendor or your builder to discuss your claim. I apologize again for your experience with your flooring.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: April 5, 2019

We purchased Mohawk Vinyl flooring earlier this year to install in our new home. Shortly after installing the product the seams began to separate and it looks horrible. Mohawk wanted us to file a claim with Menards, who sold the product. We filed the claim and Menards sent it onto Mohawk, who after several weeks still hasn't responded. I have called the company, but have been sent to their never ending phone tree.

This company should be ashamed of itself for being a MADE in the USA product and business. If Mohawk ever responds I'm sure they are going to tell me it was installer error. This might be a good argument if we had not purchased SHAW brand vinyl and installed it with no problems in the same house at the same time. Whatever you do, don't buy Mohawk and expect them to stand behind their product or provide customer service. We were looking at purchasing thousands of dollars worth of carpet for the new home and will be sure not to use Mohawk.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Corey, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Mohawk would have asked you to contact your store to file the claim, because filing a claim is something your store must do on your behalf. Mohawk then communicates with your store about the claim, and your store is responsible for communicating all information to you. We looked for a claim so that we could share the status of the claim, but a claim was not found that has your name. Could you send me the 7-digit claim number that your store gave you from Mohawk? (Your store would have received the number from Mohawk when they filed the claim, and they can provide it to you if they haven't yet.) Or, if the claim was filed under a different name, please let me know. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Matted carpet in 4 months. I purchase and moved into my beautiful new townhome in Oct 2018. I live there with my son who works all day and stays in his room all night. There is no continuous use of this carpet, I don't see any reason why it should look like it's 5 yrs old. I went to Europe for 1 month 12/19-01/19/19 that's 1 month with no use. When I got settled in after being away for so long I noticed that my carpet looked horrible. So I went to get estimates on new carpet. Every person I spoke to talked about how their carpet has a 25 yr warranty. That's when it dawned on me I just purchased this townhouse. This carpet should have a warranty as well.

I made my complaint and GUESS WHAT. They dont warranty crush/matted carpet. what kind of crap is that. I've lived in my home for less than 4 months. The carpet looks terrible and they won't stand behind their warranty. I AM NOW CONSIDERING GOING TO COURT FOR THE COST TO REPLACE THIS CARPET WITH ANOTHER MANUFACTURER.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Paula, I'm Laura with Mohawk. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Mohawk carpets do carry a limited texture retention warranty, warranting that the carpet will not showing excessive pile crushing or matting from ordinary foot traffic, as a result of the tufts losing twist. What is excluded from the warranty is crushing that is rather the compaction of the pile thickness due to foot traffic or furniture; regular use of a vacuum with a beater bar in high-traffic areas may help reduce changes in carpet’s appearance. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I'm all commercial in my projects, and all of my dealings are with either the provider or the subcontractor. Both the two main flooring subs I use like the Mohawk line, so that's usually what they quote to me, and we get somebody to pick out of that. We buy the higher end of Mohawk's products. They have a good products. They are also competitive on pricing, and the quality is fine. Mohawk is a good company, and I've always had good luck with them. The dealer network works. Putting somebody in local to develop relationships is a great way of doing it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 28, 2019

I had Mohawk carpet installed November of 2018. I notice my carpet has multiple large loops on every stair. It looks very bad! I contacted Fantastic Flooring because Mohawk offers warranties on their carpet. I sent videos and multiple pictures of the carpet. My claim was DENIED due to PET hair. They zoomed in on one picture that had pet hairs in it and denied it due to pet damage! I had carpet on my stairs for 13 years with NO problems. I still have this carpet in my bedrooms with NO damage.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Brenna, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Could you message me your 7-digit claim number? Mohawk would have provided this to your dealer when they filed the claim, and the dealer would have shared it with you. I ask for it because we could not find a claim under your name or the phone number you provided. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

We purchased Moduleo Ethnic Wenge luxury vinyl plank flooring. The installer came on February 4, 2019 to install the flooring however it became quickly apparent that there was a manufacturer defect in how the planks were “cut” as they were not “locking” in during the installation. I sent an email on February 26 enquiring about the status of my flooring situation. I received a response from Vanessa who indicated the distributor was waiting for a sample to open my claim. It have been six weeks and I have not received any new information. This is becoming quite distressing as we have had to live with exposed sub floors not to mention the impact this has had on subsequent contractors in terms of unnecessary delays and additional costs. I am hoping someone can provide me with an update!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Tracy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Our Consumer Affairs team is following up on your concerns and will be reaching out to you. The team is in contact with your dealer as well. I apologize again for your experience. You will be hearing from Mohawk's Consumer Affairs team soon.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Five year old patterned carpet in our lower level. There are no kids just two adults and a 10 lb. dog who never goes downstairs. I vacuum weekly and within the last month there are now 5 pulls all the exact same size and paths with crushing. We take off our shoes when we come in and seldom even use that area. Our 30 year old carpet upstairs that gets most foot traffic still looks great. From what I am reading regarding the warranty, I'm not even going to bother submitting a claim. Not worth the already high sense of frustration. Why I ever went with Mohawk I'll never know. I read all the reviews about how crappy the carpets were but got talked into the brand by the salesman who was also the owner. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones since we got five years out of ours but I'm thinking it's because we so seldom go downstairs. SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION AND MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM MOHAWK.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Joan, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I understand from your comments that you are not interested in submitting a claim; however, the first step would simply be to speak with your retailer about your experience and to ask them for assistance. The retailer is who files a claim for you, but they may be able to help you without filing a claim with Mohawk. In any event, I will share your comments with our Consumer Affairs team. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We bought Karastan carpeting from Mohawk for the bedroom and the living room. In the bedroom, my favorite thing about the carpet is the plushness of it. But in the living room, we weren’t shown the same carpet as what’s in the bedroom, so it’s not as plush. I was disappointed in that, but can’t do anything about that now. The bedroom wasn’t installed until after the living room, so I didn’t know the living room wasn’t as nice until the bedroom was finished. I liked it okay until the bedroom was done.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The guy that designed the stuff talked about the SmartStrand stuff up for years. Then I just went in Mohawk Flooring and told them what I wanted and asked how much it was. The carpet was installed on the main level of our home and the people who installed it was okay. So far, the carpet has met my expectations.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Purchased Mohawk Vintage carpet in October. Had to move a 1200 lb grand piano up a stair to allow for install. Carpet installer did a great job. It was evening and everything looked fine. I brought in a crew to return the piano to place. The next morning, with light coming through the windows, it was discovered that the carpet was flawed throughout - lines from a "low loop" every few inches. The company admitted it was a flaw, but was unwilling to do anything about the very expensive proposition of bringing in piano movers TWICE to remove and restore the piano.

They offered a small amount of financial compensation. So I was faced with either shouldering the expense of moving a piano - again - twice, or accepting the 'compensation' and living with a flawed carpet. Either way, I get burned and the company walks from a problem that they should have seen if there had been adequate quality control on their end. Don't they look at this carpet before sending it out? Would not go with Mohawk ever again.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Allan, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. You are correct that your carpet warranty does not cover payment for moving furniture. I apologize that we can't find a claim under your name (please let me know the 7-digit claim number, or if we should look under a different name), but it sounds as though replacement of the carpet was offered. New carpet would be provided, but not, as you note, payment for furniture moving. If you are unhappy with the offer, please discuss with your retailer, and they will work with Mohawk on your behalf as needed. I apologize again for your experience with your carpet.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I want to say we have had a wonderful experience so far with Vanessa and the Consumer Affairs department for a warranty claim. They have been diligent and knowledgeable and accessible. Working with us every step of the way.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm very glad to hear that you're pleased with the help you've received from Vanessa and the Consumer Affairs department. Thank you again for letting us know and for giving us the opportunity to assist you. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! I originally purchased Stoney oak gray from the Home Depot from the Harahan, Louisiana location, and had it installed in Jan/Feb of 2018 by Home Depot. By September your product began to fail. After the installers came out and figured out it wasn't an install issues, we then concluded that it was in fact a manufacturing defect. In fact, you guys have admitted the product was defective.

After months of back and forth, the lack of communication between your company and Home Depot, and the runaround, we finally had the entire floor replaced with a different Mohawk product. In November the new product was installed. At that point we had issues with Mohawk paying for removal and reinstall of the toilet!!! Weeks went by and we finally got a refund 6 weeks after the install. This was based on Mohawk's inability to effectively pay for the amount due to Home Depot. The floors have not even been laid for two months and we are having issues of buckling and spacing! The floor looks absolutely disgusting. I am so aggravated, disappointed, and pissed about your deceptive product. It seems that all Mohawk products are crappy or at least the two products you have installed in my home.

In addition, most people work Monday – Friday which is when you are open. I have called Home Depot and of course the people that need to help me are either off today or on vacation. The soonest we can discuss this issue is Monday! That is not good enough for 7 months of issues. I have had to take time off of work and upset my life and the lives of my children! This isn't fair! I don't have time to go back and forth again with communication issues and the issues of people not caring or wanting to do their job!!! The house is being listed in April and I can't afford to have any delay as it will decrease the value as well as a person's desire to purchase the home. I wouldn't want to buy a home with flooring issues, would you!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Jocelyn, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience with both your old and current flooring. Your retailer can file a claim on your behalf for this new flooring if there are manufacturing-related concerns. I apologize if the people at your retailer were not able to speak with you until today due to being out of office. Please continue to follow up with your retailer about your concerns and they will reach out to Mohawk on your behalf as needed. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Pergo XP was absolutely beautiful when I first got it. Now five years later Mohawk won't even honor the warranty. They blame it on installation that to me is a joke that is a cop-out. I can't believe that a company like Mohawk of the Pergo Department would actually call it a installation problem when there is curling on the floor. There's also chips of the flooring coming off. There is a big water scratch line, I guess you can call it that. I had to fix with BS repair kit. Tabs are breaking left and right. I told him that it was mushy at first and now the tabs are breaking like their dominoes falling over. Do not buy Pergo XP. I'm begging you. Do not buy Pergo XP. It is the biggest scam stuff I have ever seen and if you go for a warranty on it they will laugh at you basically and say, "Sorry. It was an installation problem."

I didn't have that big of an area. I have 288 square feet. I offered him lots of opportunities to fix it. I told him I will pay for labor. I told him I wouldn't worry about the quarter round or the removal, just replace the floor. That's all. I asked, “Give me a voucher and I'll get some more Mohawk Flooring for it.” They won't even do that. It almost sounds like they want me to take it to litigation. Sent them pictures of the floor of all the damages. I talked to Home Depot concerning this. I have talked to everybody 8 months now. And all I get is a decline on the warranty because somebody came over and seen that the Peugeot had shifted to one side of the room and that's a sign that he took the quarter round off. And sure enough it was up against the wall.

I told him to look at the other side. He refused to look at that side but he took a picture of it touching the wall so they call it installation. Then I get a representative from Mohawk told me to email this and so I go email it and it's a Daemon (it's undeliverable) so they gave me another one same thing undeliverable. So far to date say the past 6 months I have rejected over $200,000 worth of Pergo installations for all of my customers. I refuse to install Pergo XP because I will not pay for Pergo XP since they will not honor their warranty. I push for Tarkett, Shaw or any other flooring but Mohawk Pergo crap. I will do what I can to resell if they take my offer give me a voucher for 288 square feet of Hawaiian KOA curly. This was not a installation problem. This was a terrible floor that had a manufacturing problem. And Mohawk refuses to honor that. So do not buy anything Pergo XP if you value your money.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Dave, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring - we've communicated over Twitter, and I was the person who gave you the email addresses which did not deliver for you. I apologize for your experience with your flooring and the email addresses. Since the email addresses to the Claims department are not delivering correctly, please call Pergo (see the website for open hours) if you need information on how to challenge your claim decline, or speak to your retailer about getting a copy of the decline letter, which will have information on how to challenge the claim decline. I apologize again for your experience with your flooring. Laura from Mohawk Flooring and on behalf of Pergo

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The carpet is constantly shedding and the seam is visible. Inspector came and said they thought it was defective carpet. The retailer is saying it is because of our dog and Roomba but it was shedding before we got either. Tried to reach out to Mohawk directly and they said I need to deal with the retailer. The retailer is scammy and even their installer said they are scammers and they won’t fix it because we own a dog, he said there is no way to fight. He said our carpet should not look like this after a year and he was so sorry. My husband is a disabled combat vet and doesn’t deserve this.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Emily, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Your retailer is who would need to file a claim on your behalf if they believe there is a manufacturing-related issue. However, if they are not responding to your requests for help, please send us some info at the following link - please state specifically that your retailer has declined filing a claim for you, but that you are continuing to experience issues: http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

I apologize again for your experience! Laura with Mohawk

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My wife and have been spending the last few months redoing our basement. Our previous carpet and decor of 15 years was needing an uplift. We struggled to find a good quality Berber and selected a Mohawk line from Loudenslager's Carpet Corner in Williamsport PA. The carpet came in very quick and the installers were very professional. Our area is an L shape, making it wider than 15' at the L section. This required a seam, but that did not concern us because our previous Berber had the same seam location. The install was a challenge due to a slate pool table needing moved from one side until completed, and then back to complete the L portion. A great deal of coordination was required for this.

Upon completion and a full day of glue drying, we noticed that the transition from the long wide section to the seamed area was extremely noticeable. We contacted Loudenslager's and they came to look to ensure it was seamed correctly and upon inspection it was. But it was still easy to see where the long run ended and the side L transitioned to the new piece. We have provide pictures to Loudenslager's and they were going to share with Mohawk.

I am very concerned with this as we just put $2600 into the carpet, install and another $200 in the move of items to complete. This transition area unfortunately is not covered by any furniture and is only highlighted when the projector is on and the area is lit up as seen in some of the pictures. Definitely not an acceptable product and it looks as if we went for a very cheap quality product with very little quality control. We await further action from Mohawk and a personal visit by Loudenslager's this coming Monday. Not very pleased with this look and await a resolution.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Ted, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Your store has not filed a claim with Mohawk, but they will work with Mohawk as needed on your behalf, and they will file a claim for you if manufacturing defects are suspected. I apologize for your experience with your carpet! Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

We went to Home Comfort flooring and the quality of the other carpet brands that they carried were comparable to the one that we got from Mohawk Flooring. But we liked the color and thickness of Mohawk's product so that's what we bought. We had it installed in our living and family rooms and their reps did a great job. They moved the furniture and were in and out. We were very pleased with our experience.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I really wish I’d done my own homework, instead of listening to a lying floor salesman. We put in Mohawk Windridge Hickory. He assured us it was a very good quality and would withstand most anything other than abuse. He told us Hickory was a hardwood and held up much better than most. We’ve had them less than a month now and they’ve got this weird white dust or film that I can’t get cleaned off of them and they’re already scratched all to hell. I bought only the cleaner that Mohawk recommended, so why can’t I get them clean? I can’t find big enough rugs to cover the entire freakin floor, everything and I mean EVERYTHING seems to put a new scratch on these darn floors.

No way this is a high quality engineered wood product, no way! I can’t see how we’re even going to get a few good years out of these floors. $12,000.00 down the drain. Never Ever Again will I use anything Mohawk! That was a hard lesson to learn. I’ve had real wood (solid wood) before and that’s what I’ll use in the future. I will make sure it doesn’t come from Mohawk. They don’t deserve another dime of my money. Buyer beware, they are going to scratch like crazy.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Cynthia, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. For cleaning advice, you can contact our Hard Surfaces Technical Services Team. I couldn't tell from your comments if you've spoken with your retailer about your concerns with your flooring. Your retailer will be able to assist you and will work with Mohawk on your behalf if needed. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

From day one this floor (Mohawk 5-inch Tagliare flooring) has been a nightmare. They even told me, "It's rated a hardness of 900. That is not suitable for flooring." That's a direct quote from Mohawk. In two years with all my furniture on felt pads the Finish has worn off of everywhere Furniture sits on top of and yet they're telling me this is not and the contractor who installed my flooring said they don't even install it anymore because of the nightmares of having to rip it out. His exact quote was, "It's a defective product and we will not stand behind it because the manufacturer will not stand behind it."

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Richard, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. We didn't find a claim under your name - from your comments, has the company who sold you the flooring refused to file a claim on your behalf? Would you mind letting me know who the company is (name and location)? Or, if you bought the flooring from your builder, what your builder's name and location is? I will see if there's something we can do on our end. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We like the type of carpeting that we got from Mohawk Flooring. It's like Berber, which we like. We also like its colors and quality, which seems very good. Now that it's installed, we're very pleased with it. It's what we imagined it would be.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We bought country oak-colored laminate flooring from Mohawk to patch up the same kind of flooring that is already in our house. I'm very happy with the flooring.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We purchased the LifeProof carpet in April of 2018, after 2 months we noticed it had started matting together even in areas of little to no traffic. We made the claim and pictures were taken along with a sample of carpet for testing. We do not wear shoes in the house and purchased the expensive padding for under the carpet. We have a warranty but they came back with testing to say everything looks fine so they will not be replacing the carpet. Very unhappy with this product and how they will not even replace it, won’t purchase this again or anything Mohawk makes, carpet even gets vacuumed every other day but yet looks years old when it isn’t even a few months old!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Madison, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Since your claim was declined based on photos and samples, you do have the option of having an inspection done in order to reopen the claim, if you would like to hire an inspector and have them assess your carpet. You or the inspector would send their report to us. The inspector must be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or by the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors on both sites. They usually have a wide radius of service. I apologize again for your experience, Madison. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased a new spec home with existing Mohawk engineered wood flooring in October 2015. Approximately 1 year ago we began noticing small splits in their wood flooring and contacted the home builder with their concerns. The consumer stated that the builder has inspected the flooring several times and determined humidity was the issue and there was nothing they could do about the splits. We are not happy with the determination and an inspection was requested. The flooring was installed several weeks before they moved in but has no knowledge of acclimation, moisture testing or installation. There is no attic stock to measure, inspect, or have tested.

Rocky Mountains flooring company Inspection results: "The hardwood flooring is installed on the main-level in the entryway, living room, kitchen, and dining room. Started inspection in the entryway where was asked to look at splits in their flooring. Initially had trouble seeing the issues but under the right light and at different angles observed scratches and splits in the entryway and throughout the main-level. I inspected the entire main-level and found that over 50% of the installed boards contained the splits. There is no attic stock to inspect.

The splits are considered face checking, which are cracks in the veneer that run down the length of the board. Face checking occurs in engineered wood flooring when relative humidity is too low and the floor experiences dry conditions outside the manufacturer's parameters. I measured the RH throughout the main-level and recorded 32% & more. The consumer is also concerned with 2 cracked boards and 1 gap in the living room. I inspected the issues and observed 2 cracked boards that are repairable and 1 end gap that was 1/16'' wide. I took a look at the installation and found there is no expansion space at transitions with different types of flooring, no expansion space at base cabinets or the sliding glass door, and places where baseboards and ledgestone are pinching the flooring."

Colorado is a super dry state and it's hard to maintain humidity up to 55% at home especially in winter. Installing a wrong wood in Colorado and then blaming consumer that they should have installed a centralized humidifier (which builder failed to communicate when we bought the house) is not acceptable. Also we been maintaining temp 70F-72F in winter and 65F in summer at our house.

First Arlan/Lennar tried to convince by saying "It's out of warranty, we cannot do anything, neither Mohawk". Later we pushed a litter and asked for inspection as per manufacturer warranty but after inspection Arlan/Lennar denied our request to replace floor saying Mohawk denied the claim. I believe Mohawk should take a responsibility and accept the claim. They should force the dealers to acknowledge this issue (community wide issue), also wood should be installed as per weather conditions in the area not because builder found it cheaper or they are not bothered checking what is the best fit for house. Consumer simply believes builders and pay lot of money (all hard earned money in savings) and in return we get this. I hope this can change how Mohawk deals with dealers & help consumers.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Sandeep, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Since the claim was declined based on an inspection, you do have the option of having a second inspection done: you would hire an inspector and have them assess your floor and send their report to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector should be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or by the IICRC - http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors on both sites. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector would send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com in order to reopen the claim. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We bought a new home with Lennar 11 months ago. Mohawk Flooring was installed and was already delaminating when we did our walk through 1 week prior to closing escrow. Soon after we moved in the flooring started to chip throughout home at edges and pieces were cracked down the middle. Flooring company that installed was informed that Mohawk is no longer making our die lot. We are now stuck with flooring that is again delaminating and several cracks running down middle of the boards and chips throughout with no solution as Mohawk refuses to replace our floor and keeps sending samples that do not match our flooring.

I have been dealing with this for 11 months and all of my neighbors that have this flooring are having the same issues. Dogs walking on floor creates dents as this flooring is so soft and easily scratched. Had I been warned I never would have allow Mohawk flooring to be installed in my new home with ** flooring. Mohawk is refusing to own up to the fact that their material is not worthy of being in a home with pets or fix the mistakes caused by crappy materials. I would not recommend this company for any type of flooring as this manufacturer refuses to fix the thousands of homes in Colorado where these issues have surfaced. New home buyers are stuck with floors that have a 30 year warranty but can’t last even a year in a brand new home.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Glenda, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floor. We looked for a claim under your name and didn't locate one - would you let me know what name the claim was filed under, or what your claim number is? I apologize again for your experience!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

An LVT product from Mohawk Flooring was picked out on appearance. It was expensive but it’s good. It's very durable and it cleans easily.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We purchased Karastan carpeting for the basement from Mohawk, whose quality and class were higher compared to other brands. We got a small stain and we haven’t been able to remove it, but it’s a nice carpet that feels comfortable.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I'm happy with the Mohawk carpeting and I've recommended it. I like the color, style and quality of it. We had it done before Thanksgiving and the installation in the living room, dining area and small hallway combined took half a day.

Mohawk Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Mohawk Flooring unfurled its first carpet in 1878 and uses product innovation and design to shape its assembly practices. As the world’s largest flooring company, Mohawk offers products in over 30 different categories. Its family of brands include Pergo, Karastan, Daltile, American Olean, Quick-Step, Marazzi and Century Flooring.

• Retail partners: Mohawk Flooring makes its products available in retail stores across the country. It does not allow customers to buy directly from the factory, so a retail partner can ensure customers select the right fit and product.

• Environmental awareness: Mohawk Flooring emphasizes using recycled and renewable resources in its products.

• Products: The company manufacturers quality carpet, area rugs, hardwood, tile, laminate, and resilient vinyl.

• Family friendly: Mohawk Flooring carpets are unusually resistant to the stains, dirt and wear and tear that come from kids and pets. Many of the options have stain and soil protection permanently built in.

• Warranties: Lifetime stain warranties are offered on many carpets.

• Best for: Mohawk Flooring carpets are tailored toward people with pets and kids, luxury shoppers. Green shoppers can find products made with recycled and renewable resources.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information