Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 197 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 1878, Mohawk is the world’s largest flooring company and a trusted manufacturer of innovative products. We offer a full range of flooring options to fit your needs, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, tile and luxury vinyl. Our premier products include SmartStrand carpet with built-in stain resistance (installed in more than 7 million homes) and ArmorMax hardwoods with the most durable finish in the industry. For questions and concerns, please give us a call or visit our website: we are happy to help you.

Mohawk Flooring Gallery (6)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

702 Mohawk Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We had this floor installed in our new home and before we moved in the floor flaked in large chunks. This flaking occurred before the house was occupied. There must be a defect in the manufacturing process. Pulte will be replacing the individual boards but I am concerned that others will flake with time.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hi Theresa, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. I know you've noted that Pulte is replacing certain boards, but have you had a chance to share your general concern about the flooring with Pulte? I apologize again for your experience, Theresa. Take care-- Laura

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I like the name brand, quality and durability of the laminate flooring I got from Mohawk. The salespeople were very good and professional too. The flooring was installed in my kitchen and family room and it's been three weeks that I've had it. People should definitely consider Mohawk.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Mohawk has a good selection of good products. The Berber carpet I got was the closest to match an existing carpet we had and I had it installed in the bedroom. It was for our vacation home so we weren’t there during the installation but it went very well. Mohawk had a good record of remote installations and that was the primary selling factor for us. It's been about two months now and the carpet has met my expectations. People should consider Mohawk in the future.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

We're finishing our basement at home and we considered many brands but Mohawk Flooring has quality and advantageous price point. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a bargain but you get what you pay for. We got a cork-backed luxury vinyl because of the look and the fact that with the cork backing, the base floor needed minimal preparation. The quality of the material has been good and everything is as prescribed. We purchased quite a bit of it and we're still in the process of installing it. But we've had a couple of rooms done now for over a month. There's kind of a rhythm to the installation. Once we get about 10 rows in, it becomes easy. And so far, I love the finished product and it's doing great. The overall experience has been wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I got a Karastan carpet from Mohawk. It's probably more expensive than some of the others, but I have had one for 20 years, some in another home, and it's really lasted. I like the fact that it doesn't get stained easily. The representatives were all wonderful. They have very high level of knowledge of their products. The installers were pretty good, too. They did everything they were supposed to. The price I was quoted and paid was all inclusive in moving furniture, putting the carpet down and moving it back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I'm loving the Mohawk vinyl plank I have installed in my home. I looked at all different kinds and I liked the way it looked. It seemed to have a better feel and was thicker than the others that I had chosen. In the store where I went and found it in, the cost was more expensive. But I ordered it from Dalton, Georgia, which is in wholesale or an outlet-like thing, and I got it almost $1 cheaper a square foot. The pattern of the flooring doesn't show dirt, which is nice and it helps because I have a dog that comes in and out. It's a wood look and that's what I like about it the most.

The only one thing I didn't like in the whole experience was when I went to buy the Mohawk T-molding strips and they're outrageously expensive I could not even afford it. I had to go to a whole different brand and try to match up my flooring because I was not going to pay $25 for a seven-foot strip of T-molding. The one I got didn't match perfectly but looked okay. It would have matched perfectly if I have gotten the same brand with the flooring. Other than that, I would definitely recommend Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I bought the Mohawk carpet that the flooring company I used had in stock and it was nice. I like its look and feel. Also, the representatives I worked with were very knowledgeable.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We just moved in to our home and the flooring we picked from Mohawk Flooring matched the existing carpet. The part of the stairs into the room wasn't done so we bought carpet to finish the room. I haven’t seen it yet but the previous carpet's cheaper quality so it’s definitely not the highest class of stuff. Installation fee is around the ranges but the cost of the carpet itself wasn’t. But it hasn't been installed yet because we have to wait for some other repair to be done. But I'd tell a friend that I appreciated that we could simply finance with Mohawk Flooring.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Mohawk Flooring had a nice sale. The softness of the carpet flooring I got from them is my favorite feature, although I need to call them for a small section of the carpet that came up which was on the side leaving from the den onto the laundry room. Other than that, I’m happy with my experience. The sales person at the store I went to was very knowledgeable and helpful, and the installers were quick, professional, and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Instead of flooring, we found the carpet cheaper so we got it from Mohawk. The upgraded room is amazing. The carpet's quality seems great and I was really happy with that. I very highly recommend Mohawk. Our sales guy was phenomenal.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

We’re a real estate office and we do residential. We work with a lot of Mohawk executives but we also purchase a lot and send our clients in the direction of Mohawk. I’ve been in real estate for 18 years and I was in new construction so Mohawk Flooring is one that I’ve used to help people with as far as picking the quality at the different distribution centers. I’m also the managing broker and I train the realtors so a lot of the young new ones ask me who to use and I highly recommend Mohawk. I believe in giving back to our local distributors and we always try to use local and support local because this is a part of the community.

We have used Mohawk hardwoods, laminate, new laminate hardwood flooring and carpets. They always have products of outstanding quality and the cost is always extremely reasonable. And whether one is designing and installing for an eight hundred thousand dollar house or a hundred thousand dollar house, the price variations are very reasonable and it’s not going to put somebody in a poor house.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I ripped out my previous carpet in my living room area. I have twin four-year-old boys and two dogs and it wasn’t holding up. When I bought the home three years ago, they installed new carpet and it didn’t last a year. My wife was out for a girl’s night out at one of her friend’s house who just actually had a carpet installed and the red wine test that she did with all them and that’s what sold her, and then I’ve watched the Rhino video and that’s what sold me. I looked at a couple of others but I weren’t even anywhere near comparing to what Mohawk was giving. It has been a great product. They’ve definitely put it to the test and it’s kind of a base color almost. It’s taken a beating from orange juice to chocolate milk to dog vomit and I it cleans right up. It’s a great carpet. I love it. The quality and cost wasn’t bad at all--the fabric, the back side of it, everything was nice and tight and I’m getting ready to do the rest of the house end of June.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I looked at every brand. I wanted the product quality but I also had to like the way it looked. I ended up buying Neikes floor covering from Mohawk for a combination laundry room and bathroom in my home. The cost was low-mid and reasonable. I got good quality flooring and it's met my expectations. I've only had it down a week, but it seems like it’s going to be durable. I'm happy with it. It is a little colder than the vinyl that we had down here before, and it’s a little harder. I noticed that when I stood on it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had a Mohawk Flooring carpet put in a month ago and we like it. We needed it to be heavy enough for the basement. We also needed it to be dirty looking enough on it's own because the kids are stubborn. We've vacuumed it once and it's a good product so far.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

My experience with Mohawk Flooring was great. I do a ton of project with them. My frustration in working with them is that it's sold at so many different price points along the supply chain. The price point is very variable and it's a pain to go and find the products. I'd like to call 1-800 and get the products that I want to be mailed to me. Mohawk was a bit higher in terms of floor project. However, when I told them that I would go to Home Depot or Lowe's, they brought the price down. I really want the price. The first time, it took a lot of time. I actually put women on Linkedin to try to find somebody in the senior administration from Mohawk, so that I could just deal directly with them. It’s just annoying. I wish there is a way for me to access Mohawk products directly and a dedicated designer support team so that I don't have to go through all these dealers.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

We’ve had Mohawk in our other house and was satisfied. This time, I bought a living room carpeting from them. I was happy with the choice that I made. I went with the colors of the pattern that I liked, and it blended with our furniture and our walls. It’s beautiful, and we’re very satisfied. The quality is there and I like their no-stain factor.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

We're a contractor doing residential modeling. We deal with a company and a gentleman who has a showroom, sells Mohawk Flooring products and installs them. Mohawk's price is competitive. They offered the $500 coupon last month and that helped us to close one of the deals with one of the customers because they were looking at two different flooring products and because I was able to extend that $500 coupon to the customer, we got the order. So those kinds of promotional and incentives definitely help.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My house got hit by lightning and burned to the ground. They had to rip up the tile floors and the walls. And the only thing that was left was the exterior walls. The flooring got ruined under the windows. We had new windows put in before when they ripped out everything else. They ripped out the new windows and put in new, new windows. And that was a hassle. I had the Hickory hardwood flooring from Mohawk put down again, and lo and behold the same thing happened. I had some moisture coming through the slab. The flooring fell apart and got all moldy and crappy and I had to have six different areas ripped up. The installer should have used a marine glue on it.

From what I understand there's only one company that uses a waterproof glue in building their engineered flooring. If I had known that I would have made sure that the builder didn't do this and I would had it done subsequently. The flooring separates if it gets damp. So we used a Bostik glue which was supposed to be waterproof as long as there's no standing water on it. It was a very expensive glue at $140 for three gallons. The flooring itself is very nice looking. It seems to be serviceable enough from a surface standpoint. As far as the glue that holds on the flooring, that is bad. For the price of the flooring, it's not cheap. It retails for about a buck and a half a square foot and I ordered 400 square feet. It's Mohawk's best flooring. It's got a 50 year surface on it. But if the base won't last you a year then what's the point of having a 50 year urethane coating on it. If I had to do over with I do it again, I would put in tiles.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

My dog who is 12 kept falling downstairs. I always wanted to get a runner for my stairs and I had placed one that was $2,900. It was expensive and I had to be able to get it less expensive than that. I went to Avalon and they had a stripe that was perfect because it had navy, black, and khaki in it. I was a little worried because they said the stripes can be tough to put on a runner. But they did a wonderful job and it's perfect. They picked the loop binding that matched really well. The guys worked really hard and I understand that the carpet that I picked is really thick, so it's kind of hard to bind it and put it on stairs to bend it. They were sweating putting it in but they did a great job. They've got it in for me before Thanksgiving which was key for me.

I was really happy and the price point was perfect. I came in at $890. Avalon has a good quality so it's not a discount place. What was great was I really wanted a designer look. My Mohawk runner has the quality and the durability. The design looks like it's custom. It's a very unique look. I love it, and my dog is like a puppy again. She's running up and down the stairs. It's awesome.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

We've got some high-end wall-to-wall carpeting and some luxury vinyl tile with Mohawk Flooring. We had the carpet installed in the living area and master bedroom, and the vinyl tile in the kitchen and hallway. I like the quality of the Mohawk products and its appearance.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought engineered hardwood from Mohawk. I like the product and they had the color I wanted. I put it on our house's main level. I've had it for several weeks now and I'm happy with its quality.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

My mom bought the Mohawk smart train carpeting, and I also purchased it and had it installed in my home. Mohawk's was more expensive and I've considered the Shaw brand, but Mohawk has much higher quality and I'm much happier with it. The overall look is nice and its comfort level is my favorite feature. The only thing that I'm not as happy with is that it shows footprints rather a lot, but I figure that'll go away with time. Other than that, I can't say enough good about it and I'd easily recommend Mohawk.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We purchased the coastal gray flooring from Mohawk. It was an engineered flooring and it was installed all over the house. We liked the color and the floor looks beautiful. Mohawk told me about their product's durability and we have a lifetime warranty on it which all sounded good.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I found a carpet in Cincinnati and we were buying it for our home in Florida. I found a retailer in Florida that could provide us the same carpet and with a little investigative work, we were able to locate the exact style and color. It was also on sale, so we bought it. One thing that was annoying was that Mohawk private-labels all of their carpet to all of their retailers so we had a little bit of a challenge to try and find the exact product that I sourced in Cincinnati down in Florida. But outside of that, the experience was fine. We had the carpet installed in two bedrooms. There’s one seam that’s bugging me in the master bedroom, but I'm giving it some time to see what happens. Otherwise, the Mohawk carpet is good.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I had the carpeting from Mohawk for 10 years when I was living in North Carolina but you would never know that it was 10 years old. It looked as good as the day that I purchased it. We were so pleased with the product that I wanted to have it here when I moved to Pennsylvania. The flooring was easy to take care of and since Pennsylvania is a little bit dirtier than North Carolina because of the snow I wanted something that would be as easy to clean as what I had. It is worth spending the extra money on Mohawk Flooring to have quality and I would not purchase or even look at any other product.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We purchased carpet and faux wood flooring for a house that we were flipping and we chose Mohawk Flooring to get the cheapest but the best quality flooring possible. However the guy who calculated the numbers that we gave didn’t calculate enough so the flooring was short and I need to come out and get some more.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I like the style of the ceramic tiles at Mohawk Flooring and they were running a sale so I went for it. I've had the tiles in the laundry room for a month now and the quality is great. It looks great and my friends think so too.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I had a carpet made by Mohawk Flooring installed a couple of months ago and it’s exceeding my expectation. I absolutely love it. It is unique and has a black base with sparkles throughout so it's beautiful. It seems very durable and stain resistant. I was given all instructions on how to clean it but it's up in an office so there shouldn't be many problems. I had bought a new black cherry desk to go in this office and when the delivery person ran upstairs to see where they were bringing it, he yelled that he never saw a carpet like that in his life and that it is absolutely adorable. I was very happy with his reaction because that’s how I felt when I saw it. It's a little expensive but it's worth it. I am very pleased.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The first time I heard about Mohawk Flooring was in the newspaper. We also went to a store one time and the rep said the flooring was American made. Then, my wife spoke to a lady there about a discount on the floors and the lady said that we had to buy so much floor to get the coupon which surprised me. We liked the way the products looked so we went with it. The price that we got was good only because we caught it on sale. We got carpet, hardwood flooring, and tile and these were installed in the living room, the den, the dining room, the family room, the bedroom and the bathroom. We hired somebody to install and the store sent him. They did a good job but it's not totally finished yet and I got a few more things to get fixed. Overall, I had good experience with Mohawk and it's working out good.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Mohawk Flooring has good products. My customers picked out Mohawk's engineered oak flooring and I had the flooring installed two weeks ago in their living room, kitchen, hallway and dining room. It was very easy to work with. The customers like the look of the flooring and has met their expectations so far.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information

1-800-266-4295
www.mohawkflooring.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use