toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought a Mohawk carpet and had it installed in our stairway and hallway. I like the color of it and I’m very satisfied with the cost and quality of my carpet. It has good padding, too.

I bought carpet from Mohawk for the bedroom. It seemed to be the right balance and, over others, I chose Mohawk because of its stain resistance. We have a pet and I just wanted to make sure that the pet was not going to affect the carpet like they had the previous carpets that we have. And stain resistance has already proven to be good. And the installation was very good, too. We’re very happy with that and impressed at how they came in and they got the job done very quickly. It was a great experience.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Maggie, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floor! Our Consumer Affairs team wasn't able to find a claim in our system under your name; would you mind sending us some more info at https://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/

Please indicate on the form that you have been in consistent contact with your builder, as you note here, and share what the response has been from them. I'm so sorry again for your experience, Maggie. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Mohawk Engineered Flooring is Peeling, Bubbling, and Worse. We selected these floors though our builder, Taylor Morrison. We saw immediate issues with scratching and the finish on the floors. We tried to work this through our builder, who had several flooring inspectors out to see the flooring. All of them said the floors showed excessive wear for new flooring and they were concerned about the finish basically flaking off - but concluded that it was installed correctly so they really had no further liability. They basically said, "Hey, you chose cheap flooring".

I assure you NOTHING about these floors was cheap, and to have embarrassing, failing floors in an $800,000 home is insane. This product is absolutely flawed, defective and shouldn't be installed ANYWHERE. We paid over $22,000 for this upgrade. We are responsible home owners who have owned hardwood and engineered flooring in the past. We don't use bad cleaners on them. We don't have water battles in here. There is NO REASON these floors should have failed in under 3 years given how careful we are.

Our experience with Mohawk Flooring was very pleasant. The cost of carpeting was reasonable and we liked the carpet and its thickness. Also, the sales person was nice and helpful and she worked with us on it.

We purchased Mohawk Flooring rugs for our bedroom and tiles for our bathroom. They had other things but I went straight for the Mohawk rugs ‘cause I loved it. I liked the color and the softness of it. It happened to be of good quality too and it was also child and pet-proofed which I liked. We picked the products up from their warehouse. Then we transported it down here to cut cost. We've moved so we’re in a very rural area now. We're doing an addition so we're doing that first, then the installer would come back to do the rest of the house. So the tiles have been installed but the rugs haven't, but I've got what I needed and it worked out so I’m a satisfied customer.

I coordinated Mohawk Flooring’s Great Outdoors for a client. Before purchasing it, we looked at other carpets. The client purchased the Great Outdoors and the store cut it. The quality was better and its cost was higher. The color of the carpet matched the small swatch but the color was very difficult. Mohawk should have samples larger than a 2x2 square on a board though because it was difficult to choose the color from all the other colors. My client also wound up getting other stuff with the carpet. She then changed her mind about the carpet and decided ultimately to go with the wood flooring.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Bryan, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I'm going to ask our Consumer Affairs department what claim information was reported, but in the meantime I wanted to note that you should have the option of doing another inspection, if you choose to hire an inspector and have them submit their assessment to Mohawk - this will reopen the claim. The inspector needs to be certified either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- On both those sites, you can enter your zip code and find the closest inspectors. Many will have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can email Mohawk the new report to consumer@mohawkind.com and Mohawk will reopen the claim, if the assessment differs from the first one. I will be back in touch with what I hear from Consumer Affairs, and I'm very sorry again for your experience! Take care-- Laura

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Bought the Mohawk SmartStrand carpet because it has "pet protection". Thought this would be a smart idea to have with 3 dogs in the house. After a couple years while vacuuming we noticed the seam falling apart. The carpet backing is still together, just the carpet is coming apart at the seam. We have learned this is called delaminating. We called our retailer and they contacted the local rep. Mohawk hires a third party inspector who came out to evaluate the situation. Their inspection concluded our carpet is delaminating because there was dog urine in that area. The urine causes the glue to break down and lose adhesion to the backing. Originally was told this is outside the warranty because the dog urine caused the delaminating.

Have been waiting for months now for the Mohawk rep to review this before I start to tell the world about how the carpet does not stain and cleans well just beware it delaminates and falls off the backing if a dog has an accident on it. Their warranty does not cover excess liquids with a latex backing. BUYER BEWARE. They use latex backing and when it has excess liquids the carpet will delaminate from the backer. Good news is it shouldn't stain, just make sure if your dog has an accident on it or if you clean it, do not allow excess liquids. I do not know what excess liquids is because that is not explained in their warranty.

We now live with our carpet pulled up and fraying in the middle of our living room for all to see and trip on. Have to be careful with the vacuum as it pulls the carpet apart at the seam. I have never written a complaint before but this has me so mad that I bought a product that is to withstand pets and it can't get excess liquids on it because it will fall apart. This is quoted text from their website, "All Accidents. All Pets. All the Time.™" SEEMS A LOT DECEIVING TO ME! I WILL NEVER SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT MOHAWK EVER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

We had vinyl flooring from Mohawk put down in the kitchen, foyer and powder room. I was working with a design team and we looked at things together, but I went with what I like and what they recommended. I chose what we thought would go really well in the area. And I certainly like it very much. I also like that it doesn’t show a lot of dirt. I’m happy with its appearance and how I have to take care of it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Ludmila, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. I understand from your message that you've already had an inspector out, so I just wanted to share that you can have another inspection done if you're interested - you would hire an inspector and have them submit their assessment to Mohawk. This will reopen the claim. The inspector just needs to be certified, either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or by the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- On both of those sites, you can type in your zip code and find the nearest certified flooring inspectors. Many of them have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can email the report to consumer@mohawkind.com -- Mohawk will reopen the claim once they receive the new inspector's report. I'm very sorry again for your experience, Ludmila. Take care -- Laura

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We have purchased Premium Glueless Luxury Vinyl Flooring (LVT) from Mohawk Flooring last year and it was installed in our own home by professional installers. Within a month this floor was really bad: it was lifting and start shrinking. We have contacted Mohawk and they send their inspector who made a report stating that the vinyl floor is NOT defective. Since then it gotten worse: it is now shrunk even more from the walls, it's lifting throughout our home, breaking in pieces even more.

Hello Rita,
I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring, and I'm really sorry to hear of your experience with your carpet. Your retailer is in fact responsible for working with Mohawk on your behalf to address your concerns - I'm afraid I don't have enough background info to understand why the retailer might tell you that nothing can be done, so I'm checking with our Consumer Affairs department about this and will send you more info. Generally, if your retailer isn't responsive, you can contact our Consumer Affairs department and ask them to follow up with your retailer: http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx
I'm extremely sorry again for your experience, Rita.

Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 23, 2017

3 years ago I renovated my upstairs and purchased Mohawk carpet (legacy) from Lowe's. My dad was a Mohawk dealer and I had always purchased Mohawk carpet. My dad had closed his business and I had to reluctantly purchase carpet elsewhere. Installation went well and I was satisfied with color etc. However it was long that I noticed anything that touched the floor would cause a stain that I was unable to remove. After numerous attempts and hiring a professional carpet cleaner the stains returned. The carpet also shows every footstep which adds to the dreadful look of the carpet. I am the only person who uses the upstairs room, there is very little traffic other than myself.

I contacted Lowe's and was told there was nothing that can be done. I contacted Mohawk and was advised that the retailer would be responsible. I am a widow and I do not have the funds to replace the carpet. You would think after only 3 years this would not even be necessary. I am at a loss and so very disappointed in this carpet. All I am asking is that Mohawk stand behind their product. Even if it means replacing the carpet at a discounted rate. I would appreciate any assistance or consideration. Thank you for your time. I sincerely pray I have not wasted my time but I feel most likely I have.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Steve, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. If you're continuing to experience issues, please share your concerns with your retailer and they'll continue to work with Mohawk on your behalf. If your retailer is no longer responsive, you can contact our Consumer Affairs department and we will follow up with them: http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

I'm very sorry again for your experience, Steve. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 22, 2017

BP459 Magnolia Terrace and 717 bleached parchment: We built our home in 2008 and Carpet House of Fredericksburg VA installed the Mohawk carpet. We started noticing major buckling in all rooms of the house. Our upstairs and hallway as well as the basement. Contacted Mohawk as well as Carpet House. Carpet House came out to look then a rep from Mohawk came out to look at the problem. Mohawk tried to blame it on our vacuum and tried to say we must have had it improperly cleaned...

When they inspected the carpet and saw that we had not had it cleaned or used the wrong kind of vacuum (ORECK) they blamed the installation and Carpet House came out and power stretched. Now 2017 the carpet is buckled more than ever and is becoming a trip hazard. The upstairs area is rarely walked (once or twice a year when family comes to visit), our master bedroom is on the main level. We believe that it is a poorly manufactured carpet. Will not purchase Mohawk carpet in the future.

We had carpeting done by Mohawk Flooring in the family room and bedroom. I like the design and so far, the flooring has met my expectations. It was a good experience and I am satisfied.

I just got carpeting from Mohawk. It’s supposed to be installed in two weeks for two bedrooms and the stairs. I thought of other companies but I felt like Mohawk was a better product for what I needed and it was a fair price. Right now, so far so good. All I’ve done is pay a deposit and place the order. I am very satisfied with my experience with them.

I’m a flooring company owner and I present a few choices to the customer and explain which product has more options. And although it is up to the customers whichever product they choose, I try to kind of recommend the Mohawk flooring to them. It’s because of the SmartStrand and the name Forever Clean. The customers like to hear that. I also always suggest them to check the rhino cage challenge on YouTube and it helps sell a lot. So most of my customers choose Mohawk. Quality-wise, you can also tell the difference between Mohawk and a no-name carpet. It’s a good product.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Lauren, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I wanted to send you a thank-you for letting us know how you're liking your carpet! I'm so glad you were able to find the high-quality carpet you wanted at the right price with Mohawk. I hope you continue to enjoy your carpet for years to come! Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 15, 2017

I bought carpets from Mohawk Flooring and I had installed it in my family room, hallway and bedroom. Mohawk Flooring has better quality and pricing compared to other manufacturers. My favorite feature of my new flooring is the look and feels of it. It has met exceeded my expectations.

We got some carpet from Mohawk to top some of our work tables that were used to build our cabinets on. We were in a hurry and Mohawk was available right away so we chose them. The carpet is soft and it doesn’t scratch our cabinets. It takes a beating but it has held up pretty good. It has cabinet after cabinet after cabinet put on it every single day for 10 hours a day.

We have carpets from Mohawk Flooring put throughout a few rooms in the house. We bought there as their flooring had the certain characteristics we were looking for. My favorite feature of the carpet is the stain resistance and durability in heavy traffic areas.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Russell, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet, but I'm glad your retailer is working to address your concerns. Your retailer is the correct contact for you: your retailer is to work with Mohawk - on your behalf - for any concerns about the product. I'm very sorry again for your experience, Russell. Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 12, 2017

I purchased 86 yards of 'high quality' Beautiful Destiny Karastan Carpet which was installed in May 2017 (4,960.59 total). The installers were incredibly professional and did a fine job, unfortunately all three rooms required seams, in 2/3 rooms the piece used to complete the floor did not match. The Flooring Company agreed to come back and re-install a new carpet that would match. This is a burden to the homeowner, moving furniture for the second time, but we did it.

In June the installers removed the old carpet and installed the new carpet, again the seamed portion of the rug did not match. Mohawk Consumer Affairs actually said that they could come into our home and spray the carpet? They also said it was only a visual issue and the carpet would still be long wearing? I have reached out to Mohawk Consumer Affairs several time only to be told via email that the flooring Company has an open case for this situation. The Flooring Company is reimbursing me for the carpet cost for 2/3 rooms - unfortunately I paid install costs for a carpet that does not match - I feel I have been put in a position 'to take what you got', not much I can do if Mohawk refuses to address this with me personally. Why should the Flooring Company bear the burden of a defective product.

We purchased carpet from Mohawk and it was installed in the rental property throughout the entire home. They went in, were on time, fast, efficient and did a great job. We like its durability and we're happy with the product.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Hanna, I'm Laura from Mohawk and I just wanted to thank you for sending us feedback on your experience with your carpet! It's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the look and feel of the carpet, and that you were able to see at your sister's home how well the carpet will perform over many years. Thank you again for sharing your experience, Hanna! Take care-- Laura

Original review: July 11, 2017

One of my sisters used Mohawk Flooring for her whole house and had the carpet for nine years now. And I heard it’s a good carpet. I purchased carpet from them and had it installed in two bedrooms and so far, so good. It’s a very smooth carpet and it has longer hair to it. Also, it looks nice in the room, especially its color. Everything was very good, so I definitely would recommend it.

My mother and father purchased a home in the Tucson, Arizona area. It had been flipped but the two bedrooms were carpeted. The main living area and office were all done in Mohawk Flooring. The carpet was a very light. We'd already had it cleaned once but they moved in on September 1st, 2016, and it was terrible already. So, we had the installers rip out everything and match the flooring. Now, the whole place is all the same flooring and we used the Mohawk to make sure it matched. They responded very quickly when I got a hold of them.They came out, measured and gave us a price right on the spot. We had it within 10 days and they were putting it in. The new flooring seems to have a nice luster to it. One of the things that I liked personally is when I walk on it, I don't hear the sound that you hear with a lot of cheaper laminate floorings.

I wanted a carpet with a beautiful color, and I wanted it to feel really nice and soft ‘cause I didn’t want to get up out on cold flooring when I woke up. Mohawk carpet was installed in my master bedroom and I love the way it feels under my feet. It's a nice carpet but I wish I did the pattern that I wanted. It's okay though. Overall, Mohawk is a great company with a great product and I'm very happy. I have and would recommend them.

I purchased wall carpet from Mohawk Flooring and it was installed in our living room, dining room and hallway. I looked at various things and I liked this particular pattern so I took it. And the rep who helped me was most helpful and I appreciated that. However, I’ve not been able to clean the carpet sufficiently where a couple of spots have occurred so I need to speak to someone about that at some point. I’m just having a little trouble but it’s rectifiable. I'm very satisfied.

I myself a Mohawk carpet and the cost and quality are good compared to other brands. It's nice and I like the feel of it. However, there's an issue with the manufacturing since there was an ink stain on the carpet and it’s not ridiculously obvious but it’s a multi colored gray-black type carpet, with the green spot. Other than that, everything was good and it's a beautiful carpet.

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Rani, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience with your apartment building's LVT. Had you filed a claim that was declined based on an inspection? If so, you can hire an inspector and have them submit their assessment to Mohawk - this will reopen the claim. The inspector just needs to be certified, either by the NICFI - http://www.nicfi.org/Search.aspx - or by the IICRC -

http://www.iicrc.info/locateapro/homepage.aspx -- On both of those sites, you can type in the zip code of the apartment building and find the nearest certified flooring inspectors. Many of them have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can email the report to consumer@mohawkind.com -- Mohawk will reopen the claim if this inspector's assessment differs from the previous inspector's. I'm really sorry again for your experience, Rani. Take care -- Laura

Original review: June 29, 2017

I am the owner of several nice apartment buildings. I had this product installed last November in one of my units, just 7 months ago. The floor in the kitchen had had linoleum which had lasted for several years that was starting to look a bit worn. I decided to spend more on the luxury vinyl planking, as it is supposed to be so extremely durable, claiming to stand up to heat, water, you name it. It did look great when we first put it in. I was very pleased. However, with the summer sun shining in the kitchen sliding door, it has warped horribly. The plain old linoleum never did this.

I just got a copy of the warranty. Be forewarned: even though all the glossy brochures claim what an excellent and durable product this is, reading the warranty shows that this is not so. You will not actually be covered if any number of mundane interactions (including sunlight, dust, furniture legs, water) occurs with this flooring. Reading the literature, this flooring is described as being practically impervious. Not true. Beware. You may well be stuck with a several thousand dollar mess like I have been. I am stuck not just for the cost of this floor, but its removal and installation of new flooring, with considerable inconvenience to both myself and the poor person living in the apartment. I will not buy Mohawk products again.

We purchased at The Floor Store and we looked at all of their selection. It's useful that they provided all the samples and we're able to take it home. The cost was higher than what we had anticipated spending but we really liked the looped look of the carpeting from Mohawk. It was cleaner, more modern and we liked the pet free cleaning warranty it came with, that’s why we picked it. It was installed in our front room and it looked very neat and easy to clean. It’s great.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Ted, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your tile! It's wonderful to hear that the flooring has provided both the stylish appearance and the level of quality that you wanted for your bathroom. I hope you continue to enjoy the flooring - thanks again for sharing your experience, Ted. Take care-- Laura

Original review: June 23, 2017

We remodeled our second bathroom in all marble. The brand wasn’t necessarily the consideration. It was the look that we were going for. We like the shape and it was different than your standard squares, so that was nice. It worked with our floor plan. The quality of the product was good. and has met my expectations. We're happy campers and I would recommend it to others if they inquired.

We purchased Architexture engineered wood flooring from Mohawk. It had an antique barn wood look, which was the look and color that we wanted. We had the flooring installed in the kitchen, dining, halls, and entryway of our home. Since the installation, the flooring has been easy to clean. It doesn't show wear like carpet does and it's pleasant to walk on it.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Maribeth, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Your retailer can go over everything they provided in the warranty packet, and here is the general warranty brochure for Mohawk Flooring carpet: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/assets/files/Mohawk_Carpet_Warranty_Brochure.pdf For any concerns you have about the carpet, you can talk to your retailer about filing a claim on your behalf. I'm really sorry again for your experience, Maribeth. Take care-- Laura

Original review: June 21, 2017

I called & asked the general manager to come to our home & look at our carpet. It has "waves" or rolls, & has a seam that is visible-as in there are 2 inches of an area that always lays flatter than the rest. She told me that the carpet would shrink after a professional cleaning. Instead it created more waves. The cleaner (highly reputable) told me that the carpet needed to be stretched, or it was delaminating. He could see the seam as well. She said she couldn't see, & then when I got down on the floor and pointed it out to her, she tried to tell me it was due to the lighting. You can see it when the house is dark!

The carpet is Mohawk Dowry and was installed 7 years ago. We are so unhappy with this carpet!! So now after paying a fortune for it, and this latest cleaning, it looks worse than ever! The twist did not return after it was cleaned. I think that is part of the warranty for this carpet. If not what is the warranty for Mohawk Dowry run? The packet we have says it is covered.

We purchased linoleum from Mohawk Flooring, which was installed in our kitchen and family room. Mohawk's cost and quality were the best compared to others. And their product and the quality of the material sealed the deal. I like our new flooring, its pattern, and color. It's been a great deal and we're very satisfied.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Anita, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring - thank you so much for sharing your experience of your hard surface flooring! It's awesome to know that the floors are holding up beautifully in your kitchen, even with high traffic and your pups. I'm really glad that Mohawk had the exact color that you needed to complete the room just how you wanted it. Thanks again for letting us know how the floors are working out for you. Take care, Anita-- Laura

Original review: June 19, 2017

I did my kitchen and looked everywhere to find what I wanted, to match my kitchen cabinet. Then I found the exact, perfect match with a Mohawk sample that was at the floor store in Concord. I was looking for something that would have a long wear and I was reassured that the product would last, that it would maintain itself. Now that it’s installed it looks fabulous and I’m perfectly happy. The floor is beautiful. The color is great and it’s maintained very well. I have dogs and a lot of traffic in the kitchen but it looks as good as the day I laid it.

I purchased a DuraCeramic from Mohawk Flooring. It was like a vinyl but not exactly a laminate. I had to hunt for it because the place who did the original installation no longer carried it but Mohawk Flooring special ordered it for me. I chose that because it matched the laminates I had in other parts of the house. I had it installed most recently in a bathroom. But I also have it installed before in two bedrooms. It has been on a house that I rent out for about eight years. The whole house got some wear and tear from the tenants but it's held up. The new one is a little more susceptible to denting than the laminates I have but other than that it's fine. I also like its appearance. It looks like a limestone but it's not.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile