toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Ann, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I just wanted to thank you for reviewing the vinyl plank flooring you bought! I'm so glad to hear that its ease of care and durability has worked out great for you and your mother. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know your experience, Ann! --Laura

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

We were very pleased that Mohawk Flooring had such a good quality product that fits our needs. We bought vinyl planks from them for a townhouse we own that my mother lives in. The house had some hardwood and carpets before but there was water damage, so we replaced it, and we liked it because it's very low maintenance. We were very impressed that it is a beautiful floor, easy to install and care for, and very little preparation was needed before the installation. We're very happy with it.

I have engineered hardwood in my house but I really like my mom's flooring better because it seems to wear better. At some point, my mom will move in with us and we will sell the townhouse. We bought the flooring because we knew it would be durable. It would be good for somebody looking to buy the townhouse after, who might have a family and want something that's really attractive but does not need as much maintenance as a hardwood floor.

Mohawk Flooring had the pattern and style of the hardwood carpet that I wanted. They installed it in my home and everything went smoothly. I like how it works and fits in to the overall look of my house. I've had parts of it for three years, and it's doing fine. I've had no issues whatsoever. It was a very good experience.

As a "upgraded" option for our home, our builder, Oakwood Homes, installed Mohawk's engineered hardwood flooring. After 9 months of living in our new home, the finish on the flooring began peeling up, cracking and separating. Advised Oakwood and they stated it was a manufacture defect and contacted Mohawk. Mohawk send a "third party" inspector. Inspector said "yeah, sure is a manufacture defect," to my face, told me he'd have to report to me in 4 days. Two weeks later, after several calls, finally received the report in which it stated "the finish issues are due to homeowner negligence." SERIOUSLY!?!

I once again contacted Mohawk, only to be told they stand by their product and trust the "inpestors" findings, refusing to further investigate the issue. Hmm, great customer service. Here we are 6 months later, 15 month old floor, the issue has worsened ten-fold, still with no resolution. Additional inspector hired, reported issues to be manufacture defect. Mohawk refused the report due to it being an inspector I had hired, not someone they sent. Hmmm. Avoid Mohawk and their products is my recommendation.

Purchased Mohawk laminate flooring February 2015. Installed March of 2015. The night of installation the floor was coming up at seams. Contacted retail store next morning. They filed a claim and Mohawk denied it saying it was due to humidity damage. That is absolutely impossible. It was coming up the night it was installed. They do not stand by their products at all. Now we are stuck with a floor that is coming up everywhere.

We went into a store and picked out the style of flooring that we liked. I liked the guy that I worked with at Americarpet and he taught me a lot of stuff, then I bought the laminate flooring from Mohawk and installed it in the office and in the living room. It's easy to install and I did it myself. It's a great product as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

I looked for carpet for about a year and a half because I wasn't in a big hurry. I looked everywhere at a lot of different kinds of carpet. I had to look at color, density, and count. I was trying to get something that would remain soft and not lay down every time I stepped on it and vacuumed it, and show so much traffic use. I think the Mohawk carpet held up to that pretty well that's why I went that way. I had put it in the living room and two bedrooms. I could have gotten something cheaper cost-wise elsewhere but I didn't like the quality of it. I thought the Mohawk carpet was a little denser and a little softer so I like its quality. I also felt they did a good job laying the carpet in. They were there on time and prompt as well. I have recommended Mohawk to others.

There was a whole bunch of different brands but Mohawk Flooring was our favorite. I purchased tiles for our home from them. And while they were more expensive than the other brands, they definitely look better.

We purchased carpeting from Mohawk Flooring and had it installed in our home. We liked the appearance in terms of color and pattern as well as quality and price so we decided to go with them. However, there are a couple of stains in it that seemed to have been there sort of immediately. There are two spots in a long staircase and some spots that were probably there when it was installed but we didn't notice. It looks like grease that has attracted dirt and appeared within the first week. We aren’t 100% sure that we didn't cause them, although my wife says it's on the riser on the steps, too, as well as on the stairs. So, it's unlikely that it's a spill but we didn't call them about it. I don't know if we can get them out or not. We haven't tried though but will talk to the store to make them aware. They might be able to suggest how we should go about cleaning it. Overall, the carpet seems to have met our expectations.

We purchased two Mohawk rugs recently. It was broadloom carpet installed in our home. My husband liked the color and design. The first carpet we bought were installed in our entire downstairs, into the guest bedroom, little hallway and in the TV family room. Their cost was comparable but we thought it was at least a hair better compared to others or we wouldn't have bought it. However, my husband doesn't like the one we installed six months ago because it's matte. Every footprint shows and that didn't dawn on us.

So far, I'm happy with our carpet. It's great. It's just that my husband doesn't like its characteristic and he didn't notice that before we bought it. Mohawk has gazillion different names, quality levels with slightly different price tweaks, which is partly due to branding which makes it hard for the consumer to know. They look almost identical, but not quite. It's really hard to compare from place to place. It could be a lot easier if everybody had the same thing. Overall it's a nice quality carpet and we got what we paid for.

I'm very pleased and big fan of carpet. I was looking for a particular color and Mohawk had the color. They sent me a sample and said that the actual carpet might vary from the sample. That was my one concern, and I said, "Oh no. Now that I have just the color I want, it would be awful if I didn't get it in the actual carpeting that was installed." But the color of the actual carpet was exactly the same color. I was very happy with the color, I was trying to get the carpet and what would go with it. When the person at the floor store showed me this color and it was called, "Icicle.", I said, "Oh, that's it. That's got to be it." And I was right. The color was so perfect when I put it down, because the house has been painted.

Then, I bought the carpet from the floor store and they were very good, helpful and had pretty much what I wanted. The installation was very nice, professional, neatly and quickly done. I'm very happy with how the product turns out, and it's good. I like the way the carpet looks besides the color, and was also comfortable with the name "Mohawk," because I know it. The carpet looks great, easier to deal with, and feels good on the feet. The only thing is, in corner, the flooring seems to buckle up if I step on it. And they said to me that if it persists, they'll come back and do something about it. But everything else is fine, and the price was good too. I did the rug with Mohawk too and that was very nice.

I wanted a qood quality carpet and I got that from Mohawk Flooring. The price just seemed high when doing a whole house since it cost me $11,000, but my last carpet lasted me 25 years and I felt they had quality. I've had lot of people comment, "Now I know what you mean by an upgrade." At the end of the day, it was a reasonable price since I would just buy a carpet once every 25 years.

I can walk around on the carpet barefooted without feeling that I need support because the carpet combined with the padding makes it a very nice experience. I was able to get the color combination which works with my house. Also, I like the fact that Mohawk said that it doesn't show stains and it has some built-in factors. My old one didn't have all that. Time will tell if those are real features.

They had a flier which said to use specific vacuums for the carpet. However, I ended up trying five vacuums and spent $110,000 and I can't vacuum the carpet. I called the store to ask for a specific vacuum that can work on the carpet and they went back to the Karastan representative. I ordered the vacuum that she recommended and that finally worked. But I need to know that upfront. People should know what vacuums are going to work because they don't have any idea once it gets installed then all of a sudden their house vacuum won't work. People just need to know they're gonna invest another $200 after they spent a huge amount just to clean it.

I’m still putting in the flooring of Mohawk that I bought and it looks excellent. It’s been easy to work with. This is the first time I’ve ever worked with this sort of flooring. However, I’ve had some issues at the seams where the glue has seeped up and caused some staining as dirt’s gotten into the stuff that I took off the carpet. But it’s my inexperience with it more than an issue with the product.

We shopped for a carpet at three different locations and looked first for the big brands. We were looking for a specific style, as well as product durability and stain resistance. There could be some carpets out there that may be better, but considering the combination of things that we wanted and what our budget was, Mohawk Flooring was the choice that we made. So far we're satisfied with the Mohawk carpet. Initially, we noticed some staining that occurred from my dog's saliva because he chews on his chew toys, but it cleaned up with a wet rag, so it's not a big problem.

Resolution In Progress

Mohawk Flooring

Dear Karalee, I'm Laura from Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. I understand that your retailer or installer has come out to your home, but please feel free to contact our Consumer Affairs department if your retailer does not continue to be responsive: http://www.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/ I'm very sorry again for your experience, Karalee. Take care - Laura

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

My sister and brother-in-law purchased flooring from Mohawk Flooring and put it in my home. The two of them brought me samples. I was told about what my sister's favorite was. She's a good decorator so I went with what was given to me. I like the color of the floor that looks like a hard floor though it wasn't real wood. It was installed in the whole house, except in my bathroom. Installation took two days to finish. I found some flaws later. Glue was lifted up a bit. Then it took two and a half months for the tech who can't speak English at all to come. I told him about the problems I found. He cleaned up some of the glue but not all of it. There are still flaws.

The entrance going from my bedroom into the bathroom was lifting up, too. but I don't want somebody back here. I'm tired of people coming into my house who I can't communicate with. They can't even do stuff right. I don't want my sister and brother-in-law to know that I'm still not satisfied as I don't want another day of waiting for someone to show up at my house to do something for me so I can't go anywhere or do anything. I wouldn't do it again.

Mohawk Flooring

Hello Sherry, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with your carpet. I know you've already worked with your retailer and Mohawk about your concerns, but I'd still like to give your feedback to our Consumer Affairs department. I apologize again for your experience, Sherry. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Had carpet installed March 2015. Within six months traffic patterns were showing in the carpet. Had carpet professional cleaned but it didn't help. I then had the carpet inspected by Mohawk and they said there was nothing wrong with it and the warranty would not cover the wear. It looks terrible. I spent a lot of time picking the right carpet at Manasota Flooring. The salesperson knew where I was installing the carpet and I even told her that I didn't want it to show wear so I was willing to pay more for a better carpet with a good warranty. It is only my husband and I in the house with a very small dog. We vacuum weekly and take our shoes off in the house. I will never buy Mohawk carpet or shop at Manasota Flooring again. Their warranty means nothing. They even added an incorrect date in the report and said I "noticed the problem 2-16".

We had laminates installed by Mohawk Flooring in the bedrooms at home. However, it doesn't quite look the same as what we expected. It looks a bit different from the way it looked out before it was installed. Its cost and quality is also comparable with other products.

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Patrice, I'm Laura from Mohawk Flooring. I'm so glad to hear that your hardwood flooring is meeting all your expectations. Thank you for letting us know as well that you had a great experience with the retailer who sold you the flooring and with the installers. We really appreciate your feedback on the product and your experience! Thank you again, and take care - Laura

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I live in a complex and I wanted some hardwood put down. The people from Mohawk Flooring who I bought it from as well as the people who installed it were nice. Everything's met my expectations very well and it was a very positive experience.

I went and looked around and found something cheaper than Mohawk Flooring but I didn't get a chance to cancel it in time to get a cheaper carpet. I had them install the carpet in a rental unit. It all worked well but I could have saved $400.

A few years ago, we paid the extra money to have SmartStrand put in thinking it would be a long term investment and hold up. Now, just 3 or 4 years later we are having to replace it because it cleaned out pet urine, but still stinks and apparently the warranty doesn't cover a bad odor, just stains. If you are ok with stinky carpet that looks clean, then I would recommend it.

We compared Mohawk Flooring with other brands and Mohawk was less expensive as they were having a sale at that time. It was a little bit thicker in terms of wood material too and it wasn't flimsy. We had the wood flooring installed in a rental and it appeared to be fine. The experience was a B+.

Mohawk had the style and color I was looking for. I got carpet installed and also the laminate flooring which looks like wood for the bedroom. It's awesome and went above my expectations. The reason I love the product is because it's easy to clean. There are no lines going on. It's in my kids' bedroom wherein they always have a snack or juice and if these things fall on the floor, they're easy to wipe up. We had one spill and the water stayed there overnight but the next morning, I was able to wipe it up. I was afraid it was gonna stain but that didn't happen. I recommend Mohawk Flooring to anybody.

The builder installed Mohawk engineered hardwood flooring in my new home build, and the flooring had numerous marks consisting of 6 parallel bars in the approximate shape of an oval. They appear like a pressure foot used in the gluing process of the flooring. When the builder was asked about this, they claimed the Mohawk representative said this was intended to give a "hand planed" appearance. As an amateur woodworker, I know the is complete BS, since a hand plane give a very smooth finish sometime even better than sanding. This defect should have been caught by quality control, which indicates this could be a widespread issue and this flooring should be avoided.

Mohawk Flooring's products looked a bit better compared to those from other brands. I also liked their prices, so I purchased a carpet from them this year. So far, it's been okay and we're satisfied with it.

Insufficient response received

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Mary Catherine, I'm Laura from Mohawk - first of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. You note that your retailer has filed a claim, so I'll ask our Consumer Affairs team to follow up on its status. Any information will then be provided to your retailer, as they are to work with Mohawk on your behalf. I'm very sorry again for your experience, Mary Catherine. Take care - Laura

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

We had Mohawk carpet installed 4 weeks ago. It is making my 10 year old asthmatic child sick. It is making me sick, and I have an autoimmune disease. My eyes are red all the time, nearly swollen shut, I can barely swallow, and experience wheezing at times. No one can come into our home for longer than 10 minutes or they start experiencing red, itchy eyes, sore throats and respiratory problems. The carpet installers say they are used to these types of fumes and that's the reason they can stay in the room longer than we can. My son and I are sleeping in the carpet-free living room and have been for 3 weeks. He has a bed - I'm on the couch. We have had 3 different carpet companies come in and tell us that this surpasses just a new carpet smell and they've haven't seen anything like it since the laws on chemical use got so strict.

The retailer, who seems to actually care that something they sold is making someone sick, paid for a very thorough hot water extraction and we only got 2-3 hours of relief. Our windows are wide open with box fans directing the air out and our AC is set at 65 and running 24/7 to act as a dehumidifier to control the smell. I hope I can afford my electric bill, because the minute we stop that, the overwhelming smell returns. We have ionizer fans running, purchased $150 worth of air purifying plants, air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and even Himalayan salt lamps in desperation. Anything to help us breathe in our own home that we can barely live in. My son is doing his homework at coffee shops so he can concentrate without a pounding headache.

Have we heard back from Mohawk? Nope. Not once. Has the retailer heard from Mohawk since filing the claim? Nope. Not once. The claims agent is always conveniently "away from her desk." Mohawk won't respond to kindness, desperation, or even threats of legal action. They simply do not care. We're having to result to consulting with attorneys and are now having to remove the carpet and go without flooring for who knows how long?

This goes way beyond a warranty issue. How anyone that works at this company can meet their eyes in the mirror at night knowing that they have done this to a child, to someone's life, is completely beyond me. Mohawk is the epitome of greed, careless use of dangerous chemicals and apparently a heartless corporation that simply refuses to help someone that is asking for nothing but for the carpet to removed and replaced. DISGUSTING.

We were happy with the floor store of Mohawk Flooring. We liked the color of the carpet so we bought it and had it installed in the whole house. However, there is one particular place where two pieces of carpet come together that I don't think was done very well. It's in our living room and about an eighth of a piece. You can see the line and it seems like it shouldn't be there for the price we paid.

Mohawk Flooring was a little pricier than other brands, but we couldn't find anything exactly like the tile we were looking for, so we went with them. There was one point where the installers brought up that the tiles aren't completely flat and that we needed to install them with an offset of one-third. They said it needed to be even less like an offset of one quarter, which didn't look quite right, but they said they needed to do that in order to make them line up properly with the grouting. We got compromised and that was a bit of a disappointment, but nonetheless, our expectations were met.

I had Mohawk install flooring in my shower. I liked the color and design of the 6x24 wood plank tile. I shopped around and saw this product and really liked the whole wood stain. It's a good product in terms of price and quality.

Insufficient response received

Mohawk Flooring

Hi Jackie, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your tile. I'll send the info you provided over to our Consumer Affairs team so they can let you know what next steps may be available. I apologize again for your experience, Jackie. Take care-- Laura

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

Quality control - We bought Persico Cobblestone beige from Nebraska Furniture Mart on 9/7/2016. It laid the next week by an independent installer. There were two different colors mixed in and two different sizes. Some were a quarter inch bigger. I always buy extra so there was enough to finish the floor. I planned on returning those. After I cleaned haze off I noticed a considerable difference in flooring color. There were like two different batches mixed together. I watched them bring me the tile off the floor on a cellophaned pallet. They cut and gave me 18 boxes. NFM offered me a paltry $200 for my troubles. This is my forever kitchen. We are spending 20,000. They want to give me $200 to live with this? Just slap me in the face! The first image you can't see it. So don't blame installer.

We chose Mohawk's carpet because of the reviews that we read about it and particularly because of the low-emitting VOCs that we heard about the carpet. It's not emitting any smells, so we're happy with it overall. We're very pleased and we would use them again.

Mohawk can definitely be recommended to other people. We bought from them a laminate flooring and had an installer get it down here. It was installed in the office, living room and hallway. My wife seems to like the color of the flooring and the fact that it does have some texture type of thing on it.

Mohawk Flooring Company Profile