2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

3.5/5 (946 ratings)

About Mohawk Flooring

Mohawk manufactures and sells a full range of carpet, hardwood, vinyl wood-look and tile flooring. Mohawk carpeting is available in more than 300 colors and styles, with options for stain-resistant, wear-resistant or both. The company’s All Pet Protection and Warranty is available on many of its products, including SmartStrand carpet, RevWood Plus and SolidTech vinyl. All Pet Plus adds scratch resistance. You can order samples directly from the company online.

Pros

• Extensive selection
  • Eco-friendly options
  • Pet stain-resistant carpet
  • Comprehensive warranties

Cons

• Installation not included in price
  • Only available from certain retailers

Bottom Line

Mohawk flooring comes in a comprehensive range of materials, styles and colors. Eco-friendly options, pet stain-resistant carpet, durable waterproof laminate and affordable hardwood set this company apart.

Mohawk Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Original review: May 28, 2020

We liked the pattern and the feel of Mohawk products so we went with that. Everything was fine when we had them installed in three rooms.

Original review: May 22, 2020

My home was destroyed by Hurricane Florence in September of 2018. My house was not in a flood plain but was flooded and I did not have flood insurance. I chose the Mohawk Vinyl Plank flooring because of its 25 year warranty and that it was waterproof. One year and 3 months later the floor is damaged, cracking and fading. Mohawk sent and inspector out when my dealer filed a claim. Mohawk placed all blame on the dealer and took no responsibility for this issue. The dealer did an amazing job installing the floor. The floor is beautiful, however I know find out that the warranty does not cover really anything. Mohawk placed blame on my foundation floor not being level. It did not affect the Ethan Allen Laminate floor that I had installed and walked on for over 12 years! I cannot believe that this has been the response I received and that what is promoted as such a high quality product has turned out the way it has.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hello Melissa, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your flooring. Although your claim was declined, you do have the option to reopen your claim - you would do this by hiring an inspector to assess your floors and sending their report to Mohawk for review. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com, and the claim will be reopened. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Updated on 05/19/2020: Laura- Thank you for your response on my review. I cannot see where I can respond. You might want to speak to Frank Michaels about a claim being started. He told me months ago he was starting one. I can only do so much on my end. I am feeling like this is becoming a full time job. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. Kim

Original Review: To start off I am a HUGE fan of my flooring from my former home. Rare Vintage Fawn Chestnut laminate. I cannot say enough about how AWESOME this floor was. In 5 years not one visible scratch. 2 dogs, 2 cats and young kids. I would get so many compliments on my floor and even had the store that I purchased from allow prospective clients come see the flooring in a more expansive manner. It was hands down a favorite all time floor. In February 2020 we were having our floor installer put in a newer product by Mohawk called Mohawk RevWood Plus Crest Haven Briarwood Oak in our new home. As he went along he discovered that the ends were not meeting up properly. Not like the former laminate I had.

He contacted the store where I purchased and they in return spoke with local rep. The rep was to come out and inspect the floor. He never did. He told me he would come on that Sunday. Then when that didn't happen he said Wednesday in the afternoon. Never showed. I provided a video showing how the ends were not meeting properly with the "GenuEdge® pressed bevel edge." I sent a video illustrating the problem to the store. Upon my arrival back to the house, my floor installer was told by the rep, that it was the "norm." He had finished the entire 2200 sf of flooring. To be told over the phone that it was the norm and if any "further issues'' occurred that the floor is under warranty is outrageous!

To make the situation worse my husband and I noticed this black dot. I initially thought it was some dirt from outside but when I went to wipe it up, it stayed. I then noticed the dots all over the place. I contacted the flooring store and was told once again that the rep will be contacting me. Nope. Later that week I attended a function where I just happened to run into the rep of Mohawk. Being at a social event, I kept myself from going off. I did tell him I didn't appreciate his lack of follow through. And unbelievably, he made a remark about "did I see the flaw" in the floor? We were dumbfounded by him having full knowledge of this and completely disregarding my attempts to get him out to examine the floor.

I have made several attempts to speak to someone about this and have complete understanding of the recent pandemic issues. I simply want someone to contact me and assure me that they WILL come see the floor and address these issues down the road. I have been told they are seeking a new supervisor rep for the territory and would contact me. Once again. Nope. Today my husband called again and was told they would pass on our request to Mohawk.

I write this to forewarn anyone from purchasing this particular product. Regretful that these "improvements" made by Mohawk have tainted my love of the laminate. We have gone from February to May with ZERO help from Mohawk. Over 10k on a laminate that is subpar. I have a video and pictures of this stupid dot and how the edge is not beveled on each end. So frustrated. I will end this with mentioning in this period of time, the floor has scratches throughout. Buyer beware.

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Kim, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floor. In order to get your flooring assessed, your retailer needs to file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf. We do not currently see a claim filed under your name. Please ask your retailer to file a claim so that we can look into your concerns. I apologize again for your experience.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I found the Mohawk product through a local carpet store called Carpet Station. It was the thickest, most plush carpet they had, which was why we went for it. We did one room and I am 100% satisfied. It’s easy to clean and we’ve vacuumed it several times.

Original review: May 17, 2020

We are having a curling/bowing issue 2 years after installation. (Luxury vinyl planks & Mohawk’s adhesive, professionally installed.). Mohawk hired an inspector to come to our house. His report stated the planks are bowing & the glue isn’t holding. Mohawk, citing inconclusive evidence from their own inspector, denied our claim via a second-party email that we had to specifically request from them. The warranty is obviously a gimmick as Mohawk will not take responsibility. The retailer said they’ve seen warping straight from the box on Mohawk’s planks from China. 30% of our floor is in the dumpster and sectional replacement is not an option because this series is discontinued. We will have to spend $6,000 to remove/replace this new Mohawk floor, obviously with a different brand.

Mohawk Flooring response
Hello Jeffrey, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. Although your claim was declined, you do have the option of reopening the claim by hiring an inspector to assess your floors and sending their report to Mohawk for review. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

Original review: May 17, 2020

We're planning to do a basement. I wanted Mohawk's LVT product and liked its appearance. The reps very much top quality. If you look at price and the quality of products, Mohawk rates pretty highly.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Mohawk Flooring was the only one I could reach to place an order during the Corona. I liked their resilient variations. My only complaint is they don’t have any delivery. But other than that, I like our flooring. We just picked it up yesterday. It's a little over 1,500 square feet. We’re going to do the entire house. Hopefully, we can install it this weekend.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I bought a new house, so it already had like some existing Mohawk flooring. We kinda matched that in one place and then went with another color. Mohawk seemed pretty good, so we went with them. So far, so good.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We wanted to try to seek out some local business support so we went to one of our local places called Fred's Flooring. They showed us exactly what we were looking for in the Mohawk carpet. Fred's Flooring is really great. Their installers were just in and out and they knew what they were doing. They didn't speak much English but they were hard workers. They got it all done and they cleaned up well. I can't say enough about Fred's Flooring and their tremendous representative of Mohawk Flooring. We had three bedrooms and a big bonus room done. It was about 104 square yards. It's mostly in our whole upstairs. It looks nice and it's really comfortable. We know we got a thick pad. My wife is highly satisfied and she loves it, so I love it.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Purchased Mohawk carpet thru Lowe’s for our 2 upstairs bedrooms-we don’t wear shoes in these rooms and there are only two of us so very little traffic. The carpet we purchased was a mid range plush stain master carpet. The installation was on January 26, 2019. Less than a year later there are significant traffic patterns showing on the carpet. I vacuum several times a week so lack of care is not the issue. Sent a sample as requested to Mohawk and they told Lowe’s it was within the range of tolerance therefore we had no claim under warranty. We had over 20 year old carpet previously which of course was worn, did not expect new higher quality carpet with upgraded pad to show the same wear in less than a year. Very disappointed, terrible customer service. DO NOT recommend!

Mohawk Flooring response

Hello Julia, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry hear about your experience with your carpet. We looked for a claim under your name - was the claim possibly filed under a different name? Or, did Lowe's provide you with the 7-digit Mohawk claim number? If you'd like to provide the phone number that would have been associated with the claim, we can also search for the claim using the phone number. Once we locate the claim, we can advise you of next steps. I apologize again for your experience.

Mohawk Flooring Company Information