1.7(999)

About Mohawk Flooring

Mohawk manufactures and sells a full range of carpet, hardwood, vinyl wood-look and tile flooring. Mohawk carpeting is available in more than 300 colors and styles, with options for stain-resistant, wear-resistant or both. The company’s All Pet Protection and Warranty is available on many of its products, including SmartStrand carpet, RevWood Plus and SolidTech vinyl. All Pet Plus adds scratch resistance. You can order samples directly from the company online.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Extensive selection
  • Eco-friendly options
  • Pet stain-resistant carpet
  • Comprehensive warranties
Cons
  • Installation not included in price
  • Only available from certain retailers

Stars Rating

• 16%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 1%
  • 83%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mohawk Flooring?

Reviewed May 15, 2020

I bought a new house, so it already had like some existing Mohawk flooring. We kinda matched that in one place and then went with another color. Mohawk seemed pretty good, so we went with them. So far, so good.

Staff

Reviewed May 14, 2020

We wanted to try to seek out some local business support so we went to one of our local places called Fred's Flooring. They showed us exactly what we were looking for in the Mohawk carpet. Fred's Flooring is really great. Their installers were just in and out and they knew what they were doing. They didn't speak much English but they were hard workers. They got it all done and they cleaned up well. I can't say enough about Fred's Flooring and their tremendous representative of Mohawk Flooring. We had three bedrooms and a big bonus room done. It was about 104 square yards. It's mostly in our whole upstairs. It looks nice and it's really comfortable. We know we got a thick pad. My wife is highly satisfied and she loves it, so I love it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 13, 2020

Purchased Mohawk carpet thru Lowe’s for our 2 upstairs bedrooms-we don’t wear shoes in these rooms and there are only two of us so very little traffic. The carpet we purchased was a mid range plush stain master carpet. The installation was on January 26, 2019. Less than a year later there are significant traffic patterns showing on the carpet. I vacuum several times a week so lack of care is not the issue. Sent a sample as requested to Mohawk and they told Lowe’s it was within the range of tolerance therefore we had no claim under warranty. We had over 20 year old carpet previously which of course was worn, did not expect new higher quality carpet with upgraded pad to show the same wear in less than a year. Very disappointed, terrible customer service. DO NOT recommend!

Pinned

Hello Julia, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring, and I'm very sorry hear about your experience with your carpet. We looked for a claim under your name - was the claim possibly filed under a different name? Or, did Lowe's provide you with the 7-digit Mohawk claim number? If you'd like to provide the phone number that would have been associated with the claim, we can also search for the claim using the phone number. Once we locate the claim, we can advise you of next steps. I apologize again for your experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2020

My daughter had Mohawk Flooring and it’s just been out there for a long time. She is happy with her carpeting and I hope I will be too once I get it. I purchased two pieces of one-color dye lot and they didn’t match. It had to be pieced because they had a big roll and it wouldn’t have been good but I'm glad. It was kind of a Berber and it was harder to piece anyway. So, the next thing I’m gonna do is get the SmartStrand silk.

Pinned

Hello Joan, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - thank you, to you and your daughter, for choosing Mohawk carpet for your homes. I'm sorry to hear that you had concerns with your order, but glad to know that your concerns are being resolved, and thank your daughter is please with her carpeting. Thank you again for choosing Mohawk, and I hope you enjoy your new carpet!

Reviewed May 12, 2020

Mohawk Flooring gave me the advice that I needed on what to look for in a carpet before ordering. I had special needs and not just any old carpet would work. The installation was super great. It was installed in the living room and two bedrooms and was done all in one day. They were very efficient and quick. The carpet is very nice and pretty. I'm very happy and satisfied with it.

Reviewed May 10, 2020

I’m happy with the Mohawk carpet that I got and I haven't had any trouble with it at all. It’s a nice carpet and it was affordable. So, I used it for an area rug too in my bedroom.

Reviewed May 9, 2020

Mohawk's price and the quality made me choose it. It’s not overpriced. It’s not underpriced. The quality’s still there. We went with the contractor-grade product. We’re in the process of selling our house, and our carpet was old. It’s from 2015 and it had pretty big wear spots.

Reviewed May 7, 2020

I purchased vinyl because there was already Mohawk flooring in the and house we had to match it. I’m a contractor, so I use Mohawk pretty often. I went directly to the factory and I picked it up myself. Everything was straightforward and quick. The installation was simple, too. It was done by my installers, so they were always professional. the quality of the flooring is good, and there is seamless integration.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed May 6, 2020

Updated on 06/29/2020: Hello, still waiting for Laura or someone at a Mohawk to get back with me. On May 7th she indicated they would help me with next step on claim as installer/flooring company refused to file a claim. Please contact me.

Original Review: My previous laminate was also Mohawk and totally loved it. After my home was flooded I replace with supposedly a better Laminate Rev Wood. Worst product ever, wish I had read reviews. Not only does it scratch terribly but I have had repeated issues with edges and seams “lifting”. Have had to have installer out twice due to seams opening up. At Thanksgiving time my daughter dropped the Bona floor cleaner on the floor, I immediately wiped up all of it within a few minutes. The next morning I came downstairs and I have 4 damaged raised edge boards. So much for 30 min water resistance, this happened in minutes. There was another area in dining room where board edges looked warped and had never come in contact with any liquids.

I called the installer who came out and had to order 3 boxes of laminate to repair both areas. I emailed Mohawk twice and called 3 times. All I ever get is contact installer to file claim. Installer doesn’t want to file claim as he says they send out their reviewer who pretty much blames it on installer and won’t replace. Even if the darn floor is blamed on installer that doesn’t take away from the point that edges are getting damage without any liquid every hitting them. Have had other brands laminate floors and like I said another Mohawk scraped wood laminate product that was pretty much indestructible. This crappy floor scratches, at joint points seems raised and some areas random edges warped looking.

Pinned

Hello Kathy, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I sincerely apologize for your experience with your flooring. I understand you have reached out previously to our team, and been asked to have your retailer file a claim for you, as the claim is something your retailer has to file on your behalf. I also understand from your comments here that your retailer has not filed the claim. I will send you more information on next steps - I apologize again for your experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2020

We had floors in Mohawk before and I had a few left, and so I wanted more of it. We got a different Mohawk this time, the blended tones flooring. The one who sold them to me was very helpful .Everything has been very good and the installation process was very easy.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed May 4, 2020

I got carpet through Mohawk Flooring for my living room. I had a good experience during installation. Plus, I like the quality of the carpet that was put in. It was thick. Last year, I had my sister put in carpet with the same company.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaffReliability

Reviewed April 28, 2020

We have a major issue with the product from Mohawk and they do NOT support or warrant their product. Our flooring was damaged during a toilet overflow in late 2019. The insurance company came out and agreed to pay for a new floor and we hired a company called Marquis Floors out of Lilburn, GA. They offered a product from Mohawk (product number WSC-47-62) called Oak Winchester.

They brought it out to install and the product was defective from the start. They acclimated the product for 4-5 days in our dining room. They then installed it and right out of the gate, it did not look right. It already looked like it was cupping. I took pictures AS they were installing it and to show that it did not look right. I thought that maybe it would relax, but it never did.

We reported an issue for 4 months to Marquis Floors before one of their reps finally came out. They were surprised that it was this bad out of the gate and put in a claim to Mohawk Industries. Without even sending out an inspector, they denied the claim. WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT IT! Marquis reached out to their rep who finally got Mohawk to re-open the claim and send out an inspector. The inspector came out a month after the initial rejection and then proceeded to do his inspection and asking me tons of questions. Long story short, he turned in a report that was full of inaccuracies and false information.

1) He indicated in the report that I told him that we noticed the problem a "few months after installation", which is NOT true. I showed him the photos of the problem AS it was being installed. He agreed and even asked me to send him the photos to his personal cell. He conveniently left out that detail and made it look like the problem didn’t occur until a few months later. 2) He claimed that the crawl space underneath was too humid. A crawl space that has moisture proofing professionally installed AND an active dehumidifier running 24/7. Plus there was wood flooring already installed in that area of the new install that had been there for decades over the exact same crawl space.

3) He noted holes in the floor and indicated in the report that I told him and confirmed that holes he noticed were "pin-probe" holes. We never had any discussion about holes. This conversation was completely fabricated. 4) He indicates that the front entry foyer (that still has the original flooring) was also cupped. There is no cupping in the front foyer area at all. This is also fabricated. 5) He also made a point to state that you should never mop wood floors, which is also not true. If it gets mopped due to mud or heavy dirt, it is lightly mopped with a wring mop. Additionally, almost all home improvement sites have instructions showing you how to mop wood floors. Some examples:

Home Depot
    Better Homes and Gardens
    Today Show

6) No tests were done to the home prior to installation to see if there were any problems that would cause the flooring installation to be an issue. 7) If this inferior product was some sort of pansy flooring that couldn’t bear to be lightly mopped, no care instructions were ever offered or provided for its special level of care.

All this being said, AVOID MOHAWK FLOORING PRODUCTS AT ALL COSTS. Their wood floors are extremely inferior and can’t even be cleaned properly. Ours were damaged and cupped right out of the box and when you spend $7000 for flooring and to have them treat you like you are worthless and crazy even with photographic proof is unprofessional and shows their complete lack of concern for their customers.

The fact that they rejected a claim without even looking at what the problem was says volumes and the inspector was almost certainly in their pocket and hired to produce a report that would support a 2nd rejection just to say they went through the motions. Especially when the report was full of fabricated conversations. SHAME ON MOHAWK INDUSTRIES for taking advantage of customers and lying to protect their bottom line and refusing to stand behind their product. Every person that comes into my home and asked what’s wrong with the floor, I immediately tell them it’s a Mohawk product that was damaged that they refused to take responsibility for.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed April 14, 2020

The flooring I bought is fantastic. We got a Pure Breeze carpet. We had it installed and it was fantastic. We had a 5x8 pad underneath it. It's in our basement so it's got concrete underneath it. But it's extremely soft and we love it. There were a couple of things that led to our decision to pick this one. We were looking for grey tones and there were a lot of browns and tans and things of that nature that we didn't want. We were drawn to the color and the options that Mohawk had. The place where we went to offered a large sample at no cost. A lot of times, there were places that were making us pay 25 bucks to just take the sample home. It looks great against the wall and all the colors that we had.

Reviewed March 20, 2020

We couldn't be happier with the carpeting from Mohawk. When we walked into the store, it was on display and I just walked right to it. I said that's the one I want. We had the two bedrooms installed with it.

Reviewed March 13, 2020

I’ve had an awful experience with Mohawk carpeting. The carpet has pulls and looks old and worn.. The owner of the store we bought it from came to look at it and agreed that it looked awful. He contacted Mohawk and they sent out a representative. Mohawk concluded that the damage was from our two small/medium-sized dogs. However, we have had carpeting in several other parts of the house for much longer than our master bedroom carpet. Our dogs spend more time on the basement carpet, my home office carpet, and my daughter’s bedroom carpet than in the master bedroom. The other carpets have no pulls at all and look much better even though they are older. The Mohawk carpet was specifically supposed to be good for pets and yet it is the worst looking and needs to be replaced. I am so disappointed with Mohawk and their “independent: inspector."

Pinned
    Hello Judi, I'm Laura from Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. When a claim is declined based on an inspection, you can have the claim reopened by having a second inspection done: you would hire an inspector and have them assess your carpet and send their report to Mohawk. The inspector should be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC:

On both sites, you can find your nearest certified flooring inspectors. They usually have a wide radius of service. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com. I apologize again for your experience.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2020

The construction manager for our remodel helped us coordinate a lot of things and he was familiar with the Mohawk product and their local dealer, which I wasn’t aware of. He managed the installation of the flooring and brought the crew, so it went smooth. They moved our furniture around to get the flooring installed and worked well. They put in luxury vinyl plank throughout the living area other than the bedrooms in my home and we were happy with the results.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 16, 2020

We moved in and had every room of carpet replaced by what we were told was going to be the best choice for us and our dogs. We spent nearly $8000 on the carpet to have it look terrible in less than 6 months. The carpet has loose fuzzy strands pulling up in our main living area. We bought this carpet for their “amazing warranty” only to find that the inspector Mohawk commissioned wrote a report telling us it’s probably our vacuum- a CRI certified vacuum is what we use. The company we bought from is “busy” and hasn’t called back and Mohawk can’t give a straight answer as to why this happened. I don’t know how you can blame a vacuum for only one living area of damage? I vacuum my whole house with it. Why wouldn’t it be everywhere?

There is an abrasive wear and pet warranty that mean nothing. You can’t see the pattern of the carpet in the damaged areas at all and no one seems to care at Mohawk. “Find another adjuster to say it’s manufacturing defects and we will gladly replace it.” I don’t need a CRI inspector to tell me that this is a huge defect localized to one area of our home. If was vacuum why isn’t it everywhere? If it is us or the dogs, why isn’t it everywhere? It’s literally one room but Mohawk just shrugs and says “well, sorry ma’am.”

Why have warranties if they mean nothing? “Bearding” of our carpet only in one room must be our fault. Even the inspector had no idea why or a good explanation. “Might be the vacuum?” Like I have a different vacuum for each room of my house and this one just so happens to be the unlucky room? So, Mohawk, since you respond to customer reviews, please explain this to me. We have new carpet that is a horrible eyesore and no explanation why every other part of our house still looks fine or a solution because it seems that no one actually cares about the customer in need.

Pinned

Hello Kathryn, thank you for your response and the opportunity to assist you, and I'm very sorry again for your experience. If one of the inspectors you've reach out to has reviewed your carpet can provide us with their report, we would be glad to reopen the claim. We just need the report from the new certified inspector that you've commissioned. That inspector just needs to be certified by either the NICFI or the IICRC. You or the inspector can send the report to consumer@mohawkind.com and the claim will be reopened. I apologize again for your experience.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2020

We were trying to match an existing Mohawk Flooring which has been there for four years. I had a box and the reps put the leftover stuff in the attic, which was how I knew what that was. We've had scratches in a couple of spots on the floor from dropping things but it has been fine. It’s a good floor.

Anita increased rating by 2 stars.
    Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed
    After a positive interaction with Mohawk Flooring, Anita increased their star rating on Jan. 2, 2020.

Updated review: Jan. 2, 2020

Update. Mohawk finally did resolve this issue. The time frame was a bit disappointing however I am now a satisfied customer. Thank you Mohawk.

Original Review: Dec. 29, 2019

I’m currently having a terrible experience with Mohawk. I would not recommend them to anyone! I purchased a Mohawk carpet from Lowe’s in November (so I would have it done in time for the holidays). Within a week the carpet began pulling everywhere. I immediately went back into Lowe’s and filed a claim. Now 6 weeks later I have gotten nowhere. Every time I call it’s a different excuse. It’s busy due to the holidays, they lost my paperwork, they need pictures (even though I have an email saying they received the pictures). The carpet is hideous! Looks terrible. I’ve never dealt with a company that has more excuses than standing behind their product! Don’t waste your money with Mohawk! I give their customer service 0 stars as well as their product. P.S. 2 weeks later I purchased another carpet for a different bedroom from a different manufacturer... It’s beautiful and holding up wonderfully.

Pinned

Hello Anita, this is Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Your claim was reviewed and a decision provided to your retailer to share with you. Please contact your store to discuss the decision on your claim. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 27, 2019

We spent about $10,000 on Mohawk materials. The finished look was beautiful but we were appalled to see the immediate and dramatic change in color with contact with indirect sunlight. (It also scratches very easily.) We’ve had the floor just two years but it already looks about 20 years old. Although it’s reasonable to expect there to over time be some changes, these changes are extrême and make it impossible to ever change furniture placement. So disappointed to invest in an American company only to find substandard quality.

Pinned

Hello Sarah, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. We looked for a claim under your info and do not see one - could you let me know your Mohawk claim number, if your retailer has filed one on your behalf? Or, if you haven't had a chance to contact your retailer yet about your concerns, please contact them and discuss filing a claim. This is something your retailer can do for you, and they'll conduct the claim with Mohawk on your behalf. If your retailer is no longer in business, you can send us more info here: http://www2.mohawkflooring.com/consumer-affairs/default.aspx

I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2019

I liked the look and the price of the Mohawk product and had it installed in three rooms.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2019

Had Mohawk Vinyl plank flooring installed just under 2 years ago. Worst product ever.. Flooring is breaking and coming apart at the joints. Regret buying it.. Wish we had of done more homework before going with this product

Pinned

Hi Dave, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. We looked for a claim under your name but don't see one; has your retailer filed a claim for you? If so, please let us know the 7-digit Mohawk claim number, or what name the claim might have been filed under, and we'll be able to check its status for you. If you haven't had a claim filed yet, this is something you can talk to your retailer about them doing on your behalf. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

Our carpet was installed August 7th 2019. Noticed it looks matted like a 10 year old cheap rental carpet in a few places already. Called Company we purchased from and they filed complaint with Mohawk who said first we must have carpet professionally cleaned. Then if still unsatisfied they will send inspector out. Ridiculous that they want you to pay more money when they are well aware their smart strand corn carpet was obviously never properly tested and fails miserably as a residential carpet. They should remove it from the market immediately and offer a replacement carpet of tried and true performance carpet made from something other then corn. My husband has terminal cancer and is on chemo to try and live a little longer so you can imagine how ridiculously rude and infuriating Mohawk’s suggestions are this is at this time. Judith **, Voorhees NJ **.

Pinned

Hello Judith, our Consumer Affairs team let me know that they received your message, and they've called you back and left a message with you. Their office closes at 5pm EST, and it's currently 4:48pm, but please call them at your convenience on Monday or any time next week and they can assist you with getting the claim filed. I apologize again for your experience. Laura with Mohawk Flooring

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCoverage

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2019

Very dissatisfied with this company and the so called "great warranty" they offer. We ordered carrier for our living room and our stairs through a local flooring company and picked out a great carpet and thick padding to be installed, little did we know by year 6 the boards of our stairs would be showing through this "great Mohawk carpet" we purchased. Called the installation company who came out and it was reported to us that it's not covered because we did not get our carpet professionally cleaned twice a year???? Ummm what?!? The stains that are in our carpet are not the problem, the see through wood spots on our stairs is the problem!! This coming wants to make a quick buck and NOT STAND BE THEIR PRODUCT.

Pinned

Hello Angela, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I recommend that you speak again with your retailer, as they can file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf if needed. If you have any questions about filing a claim, please contact our Consumer Affairs team at 800-524-2514, ext. 24456. Cleaning requirements for Mohawk carpets are 1 professional cleaning every 18 months - the carpet warranty with this info and all warranty details is on our website, linked below. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

PDF of complete carpet warranty: https://mohawk.blob.core.windows.net/mohawkflooring/pdf/brochure/mohawk_carpet_warranty_brochure.pdf

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2019

My experience with the carpet company was fine. My experience with the Air.O carpeting is not. It feels like you are walking on boards, not carpeting. I understand there is a 10 lb pad attached to the carpeting; however, the carpeting has no substance and does not provide any support. One of the reasons we chose this carpeting was because we walk barefoot in the house. However, we can no longer do so because it hurts our feet. What a total disappointment.

Pinned

Hello Joanne, I'm Laura with Mohawk, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your retailer, as they can file a claim with Mohawk on your behalf if needed. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact our Consumer Affairs team at 800-524-2514, ext. 24456. I apologize again for your experience.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupEase of Use

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2019

We recently purchased your Karastan Smart Strand Delicate Path carpet. While we are so far very happy with your product, we are disappointed that at no time during this process were we advised by the retailer that our current vacuum cleaner may have an issue with this carpet. After installation we attempted to use our very nice Shark to vacuum and had the same problem many other people have had with other quality manufacturers of vacuums. Suction and proximity to the floor made it difficult to use. Researching for hours about this it appears Soniclean the company you have "partnered" with is the answer to this problem.

After reading many reviews about the Soniclean SFC-7000 most had the exact same problem. Forced to purchase a new machine. No review I read stated that any retailer advised them about this issue. Hmmm. Frustrating. Seems to me that since you are well aware of this issue, ALL of your retailers should be instructed to inform the consumer about this, the limited options and expense of a vacuum that will work on and not damage your product. Since you have partnered with Soniclean and it is your recommended machine do you think it would be good customer relations to inform the consumer at point of sale about this? I do.

New customers as well as past customers (within a reasonable time) should receive a rebate offer on the purchase of this recommended machine. I do plan on purchasing this machine as we really have no other choice. I will be posting a review that will be an honest assessment of the machine and the problem with retailers not advising customers about the necessary expense of a new machine.

I sent this to Karastan and this was the response. "Thank you for your Karastan purchase. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Our retailers are independently owned and operated and we do provide care and warranty information for our products to them, and expect them to pass this information along to their customers. We are sorry your retailer did not discuss the care of your new carpet with you, but your feedback is important to us and we have shared it internally as we strive to improve our processes so that the purchasing experiences of our customers are positive ones. Again thank you for purchasing Karastan carpet and for taking the time to contact us. Shanna Karastan Customer Service"

Pinned

Hi Mark, this is Laura with Mohawk/Karastan - thank you for choosing this beautiful Karastan carpet for your home, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with vacuuming. The Soniclean SFC-7000 is a good choice for premium soft carpets, and we have additional suggested vacuums in the PDF linked below. This PDF and other cleaning information are available on our website, also linked below. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to our carpet technical services team at 888-387-9881, option 2. Thank you again for choosing Karastan, and I hope you enjoy your carpet for years to come.

PDF with vacuum pointers and recommendations:

Care information:

Additional care info:

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2019

We got the Karastan carpet for a master bedroom and a family room from Mohawk. We had brought many samples home, and got that brand because it’s described as a SmartStrand which is supposed to be very resilient to dirt, marks and trackings. The carpet feels good under the feet. It was delivered in a decent time, and installation went good. We’ve used the same installer many times in the past and we were happy.

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2019

I am very happy with my Mohawk Grandwood vinyl plank flooring. I chose the color Brown Sugar & we installed the flooring in the main level of the house. It's easy to clean and it looks beautiful! We have only had it for a short time but no scratches from us or our 65Lb doodle. The doodle scratched up our hardwood flooring so decided to go with something more durable. I had trouble finding reviews on this flooring so wanted to make sure I wrote a review to hopefully help others.

Contract & TermsCoverage

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2019

Hard to believe that a company with a (formerly) good reputation does not stand behind their area rugs. We have had strands shedding for two years I thought it would stop, but it hasn’t. I contacted the company and was blown off. They said no warranty for area rugs. I checked the warranty on their website—buried in 20+ pages of confusing exclusions and some inclusions, is a statement that area rugs are not covered. Most people would never notice this in all the wonderful words about long warranties and carpets and rugs for page after page of company blah, blah. It was like reading a credit card agreement. If you buy from them, it is worse than a crap shoot. At least with dice, you can sometimes win.

Pinned

Hello Gene, I'm Laura with Karastan. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your rugs. Our rugs do carry warranties, up to 20 years on certain wool rug styles. All non-wool rugs carry at least a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects. On the PDF of the Karastan warranty brochure, linked below, please see pages 14 and 15, "Karastan Rug Warranty Details."

It's possible you're referring to the exclusion that states that area rugs are not covered by the broadloom (wall-to-wall) carpet warranties. However, area rugs are covered by the area rug warranties.

Please let me know how I can assist, and I apologize again for your experience.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2019

We decided on the pattern and the color, and everything we liked, and Mohawk happened to be that brand. And we’re perfectly satisfied with it. The flooring was installed in the bathroom and in the living room. The quality is very good so far. The cost was comparative to anybody else. And we dealt with this particular carpeting store for a number of years in different locations, and always satisfied with the install and any kind of issue we’ve had in the past. Cassandra was the person we dealt within the store and she was very good. She came over the house and we discussed a lot of things. We had a good choice of different patterns, and she took the time with us. The installers did a good job and they were thorough. At this point, I have no issues at all.

Reviewed Nov. 14, 2019

We purchased the Smart Strand carpet for our bedrooms. I had read that some vacuums don't work for the carpet prior to purchase, but was told all I needed was a vacuum with height adjustment. WRONG! We own two vacuums which neither works with this carpet. I sent an e-mail to Mohawk and really didn't get any help at all. They referred me back to the website where I cannot find which vacuums work etc. Do your homework before purchasing this carpet.

Pinned

Hello Eve, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. There is a PDF available on our website, where we discuss good vacuum choices for premium soft carpet. I've linked to this PDF below. You can also find this PDF linked to at the bottom of the following page: https://www.mohawkflooring.com/carpet/guides/carpet-care-maintenance

I apologize again for your experience.

Installation & SetupCoverageStaff

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2019

We got some LVT flooring installed in my mother-in-law's living room and dining room from Mohawk. She liked the color of it and the way it felt. I installed it myself since I'm a carpenter, and laying it was pretty easy. Cutting it with a jigsaw around corners it melted every single blade I used per cut. But I would never make that transition piece to cover the T-molding again. It sticks up really high and is a tripping hazard. It’s just a chunk of plastic. I wouldn’t put it in anybody’s house. I actually threw it away and went to Home Depot to get a different type that worked a lot better.

Customer Service

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2019

We ordered about 2200 sq feet of flooring, and paid for delivery to our home. Upon delivery, the flooring was not the same as the sample we have. It seems that the Mohawk sample was mislabeled. This by itself would not have been a big deal, but we are now going on close to two weeks, and the only resolution that has been presented by Mohawk is that we can pay to have it shipped back to the warehouse, and they will waive the restocking fee (only if we buy Mohawk again).

Since the wrong floors have been delivered based on a Mohawk sealed sample, we are contesting the charges with our credit card company. In the interim, our home is in complete disarray. When you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a product, the company should at a minimum have some sort of concept of customer service, especially when the error falls on them. You have many options when purchasing your flooring, I would advise you to stay clear from this company. I cannot comment on the quality of the flooring since we cant even get past the horrific management/customer service.

Pinned

Hello Adrian, I'm Laura with Mohawk - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. We do not see a claim on file under your name/info; could you tell us who your retailer is, and whether they gave you a Mohawk claim number (it would be 7 digits long)? I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2019

The Reps and Mohawk Company intentionally dupe you into thinking RevWood flooring is an Engineered Hardwood floor when it is in fact a Laminate floor (that cannot be glued down). They avoid saying Laminate because they want you to buy it but it has exactly the same problems as every other laminate flooring- noise. It is extremely loud, sounds just like its Pergo predecessor. This floor is beautiful but I am telling you- DO NOT buy this if you don’t like the sound of laminate. There is absolutely nothing you can do to eliminate the loudness of this floor!

Pinned

Hello Angela, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your floors. RevWood can be installed over an underlayment system such as Mohawk SilentGuard, which reduces impact sounds. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our hard surfaces technical services team at 888-387-9881, option 3. I apologize again for your experience.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2019

We looked at a number of stores and we settled in on Mohawk, both for reputation and warranty, as well as the design, style and color of their carpet. We had it put in our finished basement and it fit what we were looking to do from a quality standpoint. We were looking for a soft carpet and for something that would be comfortable to walk on in bare feet. We were also looking for a color and pattern that would work well in our area. The other thing we liked was the smart strand which is what they called the product. Plus, Mohawk's carpet had the stain resistance. Its cost was a tad higher than we really wanted to spend, but we felt it was worth going ahead and paying the difference. We've been very happy with the installation, too. The crew from the store did a great job and all in all, we were pleased with the purchase.

Pinned

Hi David, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I'm really glad to hear that you've been pleased with your SmartStrand carpet, its quality and comfort as well as the beauty it adds and its built-in stain resistance. I hope you enjoy your carpet for years to come! Thank you so much for choosing Mohawk carpet for your home.

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2019

We just got our carpet done from Mohawk and my wife and I noticed pretty quickly that the carpet that was installed was a different color than what we had purchased. We had purchased grey mountain which is grey obviously and the carpet that was installed was slippery rock which looks more blue. We noticed this due to the samples that we still had. The second the contractors left we knew something was off.

Pinned

Hello Brad, I'm Laura with Mohawk Flooring - I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your carpet. Please notify your retailer of your concerns; they will reach out to Mohawk on your behalf in order to address your concerns with the carpet. I'm very sorry again for your experience.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2019

Mohawk were having a special, so I went with them. Their price was my favorite. I purchased carpeting for my living room, hallway and three bedrooms. I’m not sure, however, if it’s the carpet or if it is the padding, but it does not feel as padded as the old carpeting that came out. The carpet in the den is more padded than this. Apparently, the padding matters. If someone asked me about Mohawk, I'd tell them to spend more money on a different pad versus their standard pad. Nevertheless, the overall experience with them was fine.

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2019

We installed a carpet in our basement, and we matched what we had upstairs. We built the house two years ago and in that two-year span, the company we went through said there have been 15 different colors of winter flannel. That made it difficult, so choosing the color wasn’t the easiest part. We took a swatch in and the people down at that company were great and did a lot of research for us. They dealt directly with Mohawk and figured it out. The installation crew also came through the company, and the quality of the carpet is decent. We wished we had a little bit more of a cush to it, but other than that, I like the colors and it looks good with the color scheme for our house.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2019

Mohawk Flooring may claim to be the “global floor leader” all they want, in the end it’s just a floor manufacturer with a lack of customer service. We have always used Mohawk as our preferred floor manufacturer of choice - for our personal home and rental properties. So for our new house, we obviously decided to go with Mohawk LVT. Floor came in for installation 9/3. Contractor opens the box only to find wood was a different color - labeling is correct to the color we ordered. Contractor called rep Mike and was informed Mohawk will overnight the new material (arrival 9/6). Well, they did overnight it....a sample book instead of the actual floor material! This means I have to postpone my move-in for another week!

All services scheduled for post-home renovation had to be reschedule for the second time and because we are on a very tight deadline, we emphasize the need to have floor in place by Saturday 9/14. Mohawk’s rep Mike “said” he will try to get the material on truck for delivery Thursday 9/12....well that didn’t happen. Right now I’m looking at floor delivery on 9/16 and based on my experiences with the last three debacle I highly doubt it will happen. If Mohawk really claim to be a “global floor leader”, at least make sure your customer service is on par on a global level or ensure your reps are trained with a level of professionalism equivalent to your competitors. So far I have not seen a sincere apology for the lack of customer service and the inconvenience this has cause to the consumer and shareholder.