Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Midea Washers and Dryers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

If I could give this rating zero stars, I would but unfortunately I can’t! This company has the absolute WORST customer service I have ever experienced! I bought a dryer in December 2018 and in October 2019 the dryer heating element went out then the dryer completely stopped coming on due to moisture! I called the warranty people in October 2019 and they was persistent on my dryer not working because the voltage of the plug in wasn’t correct even though I assured them it was because it worked the nine months prior. But we went ahead and we hired an electrician to come test out the voltage and it was correct, called Midea back to inform them it was the correct voltage.

They then proceeded to ask for pictures so I had to pay him to come back out a second time so I could get pictures as Proof, after I sent proof Over they stated they was trying to locate a service technician. Weeks go by then they insisted on needing the electrician's information to assure he was a certified electrician so I sent that information over. I even went as far as sending a video of what the dryer was doing.

Here it is it’s now January almost February and still don’t have a working dryer! So I even took it another step to send over local repair company’s names and number and fax numbers and they are still telling me “we are trying to locate a service technician to service your dryer. You should hear back from us in 48-72 hours”. I keep getting the same woman and when I ask to be transferred to someone else she says “I’m not allowed to do that”. When I ask to speak to a manger she says “my manger will be in a meeting for 1-2 hours”. When I say I can stay on hold and wait she says “I can’t have you on hold that long”.

What the heck can this company do other than give me the run around on getting my dang dryer fixed? Save your sanity and just spend a tad bit more on a better brand because within nine months the heating element went out and days after that started going south. The dryer would only come on sometimes then it completely stopped coming on????

Original review: July 31, 2019

Washes clothes okay but the spin cycle I found left a lot to be desired. Had to spin them twice and they still felt too we. Just bought the 7kg today. Wish I hadn't took twice as long to dry in my dryer even after spinning them twice. Should of stuck with LG.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Has no filter basket or filter hose-DMFLW70. When you want to clean out the filter you unscrew as normal, it but there is no filter basket attached to it to catch the bits - apparently the huge amount of water that then gushes out over the floor is presumably to wash out any bits. The drawing in the manual shows a filter basket attached and says also that some models come with a hose to let the water drain out of the filter but this model doesn't have either. It's annoying as the door flap is in the way of collecting the water, causing it to gush out sideways, and there's too much water to collect with a bath mat - at least half a liter. So you need to make some kind of chute attachment. The wash dry cycles take forever and the fluff from the dry cycle stays in the barrel to spoil the next load. Other than that it does seem to wash well. It had a terrible new machine smell but this wore off after about four washes luckily.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The unit worked great for 14 months, just after the warranty period expired. The mainboard had a short. The part was over $100, but was easy to replace. Very few repair people have knowledge of this unit and nobody would come to fix it. It wasn't too hard to do it myself. 2 months later the door lock went error code E31. Midea was great with diagnosis. Part was only $15 plus $15 shipping and easy to replace. 1 week later there is a leak from a valve that drains the tub. This is very hard to access and no idea how to replace it. All 3 separate issues but a real pain and obviously this is not a good product. I will most likely have to replace the whole unit with a different manufacture.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Our Midea washing machine model-water magic cube was assessed on Aug 23, 2018 by Concepcion Ind outsourced technician to have defective main board and it's to be imported from abroad. I called Concepcion Ind almost every day, I've wasted much time to follow up. I'm tired of hearing their inefficiency. Today they told me that the schedule of repair will be on Monday Sept 10, 2018. If sure that the machine will be repaired on Monday, it's already 18 days delayed. The damaged part is worth P3,800 - the assessment fee is P350 - the labor for repair is P850 the total cost of repair is P5,000. Can I demand penalty for the delay? I'm very dissatisfied with Midea.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Washes all clothes thoroughly and efficiently as well as the dryer was outstanding with its performance. I couldn't ask for a better machine. Stylish, sleek and outstanding design make the ugly old days of washer and dryer a thing of the past. The way these look are beyond fantastic. The cost may be a little above average compared to the Run of the mill machines but in the end the little extra you spend is worth every penny. I have never had an issue and there has never been a problem at all with this machine. We wash a lot of clothes. In all the years of use they perform as good as the first day.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

The washer/dryer set I use has been very useful. Agitator controls make using this washer a breeze. The Dryer has one-touch controls so using it can be a snap. The appearance has the pleasant look/feel of any kind of suitable washer/dryer combo that's easy to use and is very quiet to the ears. The washer/dryer combo comes in many colors to choose from and any other combination. The value of the washer/dryer combo can pay for itself in the long run. The cost is not as much as anyone might imagine. As long as one abides by the warranty, it can be serviceable in the future. Reliability is no issue. There will be times when it is needed for repairs, but that is expected. One only needs to consult the owner's manual, and have the necessary help for an expert technician come to your aid to help/and make repairs.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

The Midea washing machine and dryer that I had worked well for me. Unfortunately, the set that I had got old and had to be replaced. I couldn't find another affordable set of Midea. The washing machine was white in color and was an older model, a top-loading model. The dryer was the matching companion to the washing machine. We paid a total of around $600 for both the washing machine and the dryer approximately 20 years ago. We had the machines and still used them up until about 8 years ago. The washing machine and dryer were very reliable. We never had any trouble out of the machines until the end. It was going to cost too much to repair them, so they got replaced.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Very good, cleans well, fast cycle settings. Would buy again. Dry very fast, good settings, modern and convenient. It performs well - usually thirty minute cycle time for wash, has all the setting for bleach and fabric softener. Very clean clothes inside strong reliable equipment. The appearance is good, clean and functional, clean lines good on space. Have large size. It is ok. Looks like a modern washer and dryer. No issues on the way it looks. All buttons and knobs are visible and accessible. The value is great. A full size functioning washer and dryer combo. Has easy to use and operate buttons and knobs. Very easy to use. Fast washing and drying features. Also can wash a lot of clothes. Can dry large blankets fast. Very reliable. No issues with it so far, can wash large loads and dry them. No problems. I have not had to do any maintenance or repairs as of yet.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

For its size it seems to be a good unit. Uses a minimal amount of water. It seems to be fairly energy efficient. I have had no problems with it and feel like I made a good decision. I like the way it is sleek and fits in a small space compared to most washers. It has a neat and clean look that fits in well with the rest of the room. I would say for the price it is a very good unit. I feel like I made a good decision with my purchase. I feel like I am saving money in the long run using this little washer when I need to do a small load. I feel that overall it will pay for itself in a year or two. I would say that it is very reliable. It gets my clothes clean and I do not notice them still being dirty after I wash them. I have not had any problems with it at all.

Midea Washers and Dryers Company Information