3.4/5 (67 ratings)

About Midea Washers and Dryers

Midea Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?

Original review: March 12, 2022

Our washing machine broke a little over 3 weeks ago and was purchased 8 months ago. Trying to get service from this company is awful. They needed me to email tons of information. After almost a week, the service tech came out. He was there for 5-10 minutes and told me the washer was perfectly fine. I then showed him the video of the issue we were having and he said he would have another look. He then told me that he needs to order parts and to call to schedule another appointment once the parts arrived at my house. I then received the parts almost another week later and service couldn't come back until another 4-5 days later. He arrived and installed the new parts. He ran half of a cycle and told us it was fixed and left. Immediately after he left, we tried running a cycle of clothes and the issue was absolutely not resolved.

I called him immediately and even sent him a video of the problem still persisting and he told me it was too late since he already closed out the service order so now I have to start this whole process over. He didn't run an entire cycle...he ran a partial cycle and decided to leave stating the washer was fixed and then hurried to close the order without the problem actually being fixed. So, 3-4 weeks later, our brand new washer is still inoperable. I took a chance on a brand I hadn't heard of because the Lowe's department said it was a good brand and I highly regret that decision. Awful product and awful customer service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I bought the Midea washer and dryer. After only 15 months the washer no longer worked. Cost me $260.00 to have a tech look at it and tell me it is under warranty, will have to order the parts that pm, they called back and said the manufacturer was no longing providing parts. They sent me $640.00 by check. As I had a matched set and would never buy another Midea washer what do I do, very bitter and products are garbage. Never buy these sad-performing appliances.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Unbelievable that we have a 9 month old dryer and the motor is out and Midea has no idea when the part will be in. Poor customer service. Never ever buy anything from these clowns. We have been without a dryer for a month now. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I really wish I would have read reviews about Midea laundry products before I bought. I bought a washer dryer in February, 2021. The dryer began working only intermittently in November, 2021. The drum would not turn, the machine would not turn on at all, or it would make funny noises. I contacted customer service through a chat, which lasted 1 hour and 50 minutes. It consisted of the customer service rep asking me the same questions repeatedly, and seemingly ignoring my descriptions of the problem. After almost two hours of this, I was told there are no service technicians in my area, but that they would continue to look.

I was to be contacted within five days. After five days and no contact, I was ready to contact them again, for another dreaded chat. But on that day, I received a voucher which allowed me to return the dryer to the place of purchase for full refund. The store owner had never seen something like this, but happily helped me. I was able to purchase a different brand, which I did. I will never purchase Midea again.

One more strange thing that happened, was a package showed up at my door about a week later. It contained a new heating element for the dryer. Not sure why this happened, as none of the issues would have pointed to a bad heating element, and because they allowed me the return the dryer. All in all horrible product and horribly disorganized customer service (I guess I should not complain too much, as I got a new dryer). If you are considering this brand, my advice is steer clear of Midea.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Purchased a Midea dryer from Lowe's 10/14/21. It quit working 12/2/21. Contacted customer service, horrible. Still no technician. If you are buying from Lowe's make sure you get their protection plan. I sure am having a hard time getting Midea to honor the 1 year warranty on this lemon I bought. Ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Had the Midea washer/dryer set for a couple of months and all of a sudden the water isn’t draining anymore! Customer service sucks! Can’t get in touch with a supervisor and I keep getting run around about a technician! Please don’t buy

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Midea is not only a horrible product they have the worst customer service as well. The Dishwasher has a constant horrible smell and it is NOT the installation because my installer has decades of experience and installed my last dishwasher with no problem. Customer service seemed like they expect this to happen and didn't even bother to try and fix it. They sent someone out who told me to put vinegar in the cycle, but didn't know anything about repairing it. He didn't try to pull it out or do anything that someone would normally do. They issued me an RA number and told me to take it back to Lowes. So now I have to pay to have it uninstalled and pay to have another one installed, which is crazy. Save yourself the trouble and stick with a Whirlpool or any other major brand. This is a horrible product.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have purchased the Midea Top Load Washing machine with three year warranty, MLV45N1BWW. We moved into the new house late August; I started doing laundry and 20 days in it dumped all of the water. The Midea Rep said it was probably the connection hoses (we told her it was coming from the bottom, hoses were bone dry). She said a repair man would contact us. On the second and third day I called back and they finally told me they have three days to call. He called on the morning of the fourth day, and set it for the next week. He arrived and talked on his phone about another business, then told us it was a fluke and everything was fine. Three days later it did it again. I now have water damage and the reps at Midea are not helpful and could not have cared less. I can't believe I'm paying almost as much as the machine cost in damage repair. Please choose any other brand than this one. They just don't really care.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Big puddles of water collect in detergent and fabric softener compartments. They leak into the drum - there is always standing water in the machine. I called Midea - said this was meant to work this way.

Original review: May 6, 2021

This machine doesn't wash the clothes. I'm using some of the most expensive washing powders and even that doesn't help. After washing the clothes stink, even with a lot of Ariel, Lenor and Sanytol, so I have to wash them twice. The clothes are cleaner if I hand wash them. Previously I've had other washing machines and they worked perfectly even with cheap washing powder. At the beginning I've tried cheaper washing powders and didn't clean the clothes at all! How is this possible? I have it for 8 months only and I told my husband that we need to change it without being broken.

Midea Washers and Dryers Company Information