2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

3.5/5 (62 ratings)

About Midea Washers and Dryers

Midea Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Had the Midea washer/dryer set for a couple of months and all of a sudden the water isn’t draining anymore! Customer service sucks! Can’t get in touch with a supervisor and I keep getting run around about a technician! Please don’t buy

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Midea is not only a horrible product they have the worst customer service as well. The Dishwasher has a constant horrible smell and it is NOT the installation because my installer has decades of experience and installed my last dishwasher with no problem. Customer service seemed like they expect this to happen and didn't even bother to try and fix it. They sent someone out who told me to put vinegar in the cycle, but didn't know anything about repairing it. He didn't try to pull it out or do anything that someone would normally do. They issued me an RA number and told me to take it back to Lowes. So now I have to pay to have it uninstalled and pay to have another one installed, which is crazy. Save yourself the trouble and stick with a Whirlpool or any other major brand. This is a horrible product.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have purchased the Midea Top Load Washing machine with three year warranty, MLV45N1BWW. We moved into the new house late August; I started doing laundry and 20 days in it dumped all of the water. The Midea Rep said it was probably the connection hoses (we told her it was coming from the bottom, hoses were bone dry). She said a repair man would contact us. On the second and third day I called back and they finally told me they have three days to call. He called on the morning of the fourth day, and set it for the next week. He arrived and talked on his phone about another business, then told us it was a fluke and everything was fine. Three days later it did it again. I now have water damage and the reps at Midea are not helpful and could not have cared less. I can't believe I'm paying almost as much as the machine cost in damage repair. Please choose any other brand than this one. They just don't really care.

Original review: June 18, 2021

Big puddles of water collect in detergent and fabric softener compartments. They leak into the drum - there is always standing water in the machine. I called Midea - said this was meant to work this way.

Original review: May 6, 2021

This machine doesn't wash the clothes. I'm using some of the most expensive washing powders and even that doesn't help. After washing the clothes stink, even with a lot of Ariel, Lenor and Sanytol, so I have to wash them twice. The clothes are cleaner if I hand wash them. Previously I've had other washing machines and they worked perfectly even with cheap washing powder. At the beginning I've tried cheaper washing powders and didn't clean the clothes at all! How is this possible? I have it for 8 months only and I told my husband that we need to change it without being broken.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I bought this product and in less than one year, it stopped drying. I went back to Uncle Wiener store where I bought it and they told me the warranty was only 6 months and it had expired. The product is a fraud. I will definitely not recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

If I could give this rating zero stars, I would but unfortunately I can’t! This company has the absolute WORST customer service I have ever experienced! I bought a dryer in December 2018 and in October 2019 the dryer heating element went out then the dryer completely stopped coming on due to moisture! I called the warranty people in October 2019 and they was persistent on my dryer not working because the voltage of the plug in wasn’t correct even though I assured them it was because it worked the nine months prior. But we went ahead and we hired an electrician to come test out the voltage and it was correct, called Midea back to inform them it was the correct voltage.

They then proceeded to ask for pictures so I had to pay him to come back out a second time so I could get pictures as Proof, after I sent proof Over they stated they was trying to locate a service technician. Weeks go by then they insisted on needing the electrician's information to assure he was a certified electrician so I sent that information over. I even went as far as sending a video of what the dryer was doing.

Here it is it’s now January almost February and still don’t have a working dryer! So I even took it another step to send over local repair company’s names and number and fax numbers and they are still telling me “we are trying to locate a service technician to service your dryer. You should hear back from us in 48-72 hours”. I keep getting the same woman and when I ask to be transferred to someone else she says “I’m not allowed to do that”. When I ask to speak to a manger she says “my manger will be in a meeting for 1-2 hours”. When I say I can stay on hold and wait she says “I can’t have you on hold that long”.

What the heck can this company do other than give me the run around on getting my dang dryer fixed? Save your sanity and just spend a tad bit more on a better brand because within nine months the heating element went out and days after that started going south. The dryer would only come on sometimes then it completely stopped coming on????

Original review: July 31, 2019

Washes clothes okay but the spin cycle I found left a lot to be desired. Had to spin them twice and they still felt too we. Just bought the 7kg today. Wish I hadn't took twice as long to dry in my dryer even after spinning them twice. Should of stuck with LG.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Has no filter basket or filter hose-DMFLW70. When you want to clean out the filter you unscrew as normal, it but there is no filter basket attached to it to catch the bits - apparently the huge amount of water that then gushes out over the floor is presumably to wash out any bits. The drawing in the manual shows a filter basket attached and says also that some models come with a hose to let the water drain out of the filter but this model doesn't have either. It's annoying as the door flap is in the way of collecting the water, causing it to gush out sideways, and there's too much water to collect with a bath mat - at least half a liter. So you need to make some kind of chute attachment. The wash dry cycles take forever and the fluff from the dry cycle stays in the barrel to spoil the next load. Other than that it does seem to wash well. It had a terrible new machine smell but this wore off after about four washes luckily.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The unit worked great for 14 months, just after the warranty period expired. The mainboard had a short. The part was over $100, but was easy to replace. Very few repair people have knowledge of this unit and nobody would come to fix it. It wasn't too hard to do it myself. 2 months later the door lock went error code E31. Midea was great with diagnosis. Part was only $15 plus $15 shipping and easy to replace. 1 week later there is a leak from a valve that drains the tub. This is very hard to access and no idea how to replace it. All 3 separate issues but a real pain and obviously this is not a good product. I will most likely have to replace the whole unit with a different manufacture.

Midea Washers and Dryers Company Information