3.5/5 (67 ratings)

About Midea Washers and Dryers

Midea Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Midea Washers and Dryers?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Absolutely the worst. Washer broke in 3 weeks. Had it fixed and now 4 months in, broke again. Will take a repair man a week to come out. That's before he orders parts. Unbelievable. I have had washers that go years and never break. What a waste of money....piece of crap. I asked for a replacement, doubt I will hear back.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Bought a Midea washing machine 12/2019. Told that a two-year warranty only. Now has problem with spinning charges. Most likely be more than half worth of the washing machine model mfc90-s1407b 9kg (probably 8kg). Very disappointed. Won't recommend.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I have an air conditioner we purchased August 27, 2021 used it for a month. Now summer of 2022 temperatures are over 100 degrees the condenser on the ac blew up and company will not replace or refund on a one year warranty!! Bad business! Faulty product. I am not alone on this. I have come across many others with the same issues

Original review: July 18, 2022

We purchased a washer and dryer set in November of 2021, from Lowe's. In May of 2022 the dryer stopped turning on completely. The washer will not turn on without being unplugged and plugged back in several times. This only happens about every other load or so. I called Midea the end of May. They tell me they will send someone out to repair the set. 5 days later they call me back to inform me that they do not have a repair company in my area so they want me to take them back to Lowes. So we loaded them up and took them to Lowes. Lowes will not take them back without a return authorization from Midea. I call Midea sitting in the Lowes parking lot and I’m told they have now magically found a company to repair them so they refuse to give me the RA#.

I take them home and 2 weeks later a repair company comes out. He replaced the mother board in the washer, and he had to rig the dryer as he didn’t have the correct pulley with him. He told me to let him know when he came back with the correct pulley if the washer was working correctly. Another 3 weeks later he comes back, puts the correct pulley on the dryer and he tells me I have to create a new case number on the washer in order for him to look at it again. Here we are mid July and the dryer is now not heating and therefore not drying clothes.

The washer is still making me unplug and plug it back in several times to wash a load. So I call Midea back again this morning and they have no customer service skills. As usual I am getting the run around. They want to send the company back out to “fix” them but I want them gone! They are garbage. We have had them less then a year! This is not fair! Do not waste your hard earned money on this Chinese based company!

Original review: May 31, 2022

Don't buy a Midea Washer because It will rip up all your clothes and towels. It is the worst brand ever. The washer never balances out and it even states in the manual that the washer will have to be manually balanced out. This is on page 38 in the manual. It is a waste of good money to even consider a Midea product. I wasted my money on this piece of junk. The features on the washer are ridiculous and the water level will not fill up the right level. This washer is not energy efficient. If you forget to hit the fabric softner button prior to washing then it will just stay in the slot and mold. Whoever designed this washer must be an idiot!!!!

Original review: March 12, 2022

Our washing machine broke a little over 3 weeks ago and was purchased 8 months ago. Trying to get service from this company is awful. They needed me to email tons of information. After almost a week, the service tech came out. He was there for 5-10 minutes and told me the washer was perfectly fine. I then showed him the video of the issue we were having and he said he would have another look. He then told me that he needs to order parts and to call to schedule another appointment once the parts arrived at my house. I then received the parts almost another week later and service couldn't come back until another 4-5 days later. He arrived and installed the new parts. He ran half of a cycle and told us it was fixed and left. Immediately after he left, we tried running a cycle of clothes and the issue was absolutely not resolved.

I called him immediately and even sent him a video of the problem still persisting and he told me it was too late since he already closed out the service order so now I have to start this whole process over. He didn't run an entire cycle...he ran a partial cycle and decided to leave stating the washer was fixed and then hurried to close the order without the problem actually being fixed. So, 3-4 weeks later, our brand new washer is still inoperable. I took a chance on a brand I hadn't heard of because the Lowe's department said it was a good brand and I highly regret that decision. Awful product and awful customer service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I bought the Midea washer and dryer. After only 15 months the washer no longer worked. Cost me $260.00 to have a tech look at it and tell me it is under warranty, will have to order the parts that pm, they called back and said the manufacturer was no longing providing parts. They sent me $640.00 by check. As I had a matched set and would never buy another Midea washer what do I do, very bitter and products are garbage. Never buy these sad-performing appliances.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Unbelievable that we have a 9 month old dryer and the motor is out and Midea has no idea when the part will be in. Poor customer service. Never ever buy anything from these clowns. We have been without a dryer for a month now. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I really wish I would have read reviews about Midea laundry products before I bought. I bought a washer dryer in February, 2021. The dryer began working only intermittently in November, 2021. The drum would not turn, the machine would not turn on at all, or it would make funny noises. I contacted customer service through a chat, which lasted 1 hour and 50 minutes. It consisted of the customer service rep asking me the same questions repeatedly, and seemingly ignoring my descriptions of the problem. After almost two hours of this, I was told there are no service technicians in my area, but that they would continue to look.

I was to be contacted within five days. After five days and no contact, I was ready to contact them again, for another dreaded chat. But on that day, I received a voucher which allowed me to return the dryer to the place of purchase for full refund. The store owner had never seen something like this, but happily helped me. I was able to purchase a different brand, which I did. I will never purchase Midea again.

One more strange thing that happened, was a package showed up at my door about a week later. It contained a new heating element for the dryer. Not sure why this happened, as none of the issues would have pointed to a bad heating element, and because they allowed me the return the dryer. All in all horrible product and horribly disorganized customer service (I guess I should not complain too much, as I got a new dryer). If you are considering this brand, my advice is steer clear of Midea.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Purchased a Midea dryer from Lowe's 10/14/21. It quit working 12/2/21. Contacted customer service, horrible. Still no technician. If you are buying from Lowe's make sure you get their protection plan. I sure am having a hard time getting Midea to honor the 1 year warranty on this lemon I bought. Ridiculous!

Midea Washers and Dryers Company Information