2. Homeowners
  3. Swim Spas

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Interested in obtaining a swim spa at home? Michael Phelps Swim Spas offers a variety of swim spa models to help you choose what best fits your needs. The team at Michael Phelps Swim Spas understands that you may not have the time to go and practice at a pool every day, so we decided to bring it to you. Designed by Michael Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas are designed to meet a range of health and wellness needs. Contact us today to learn more about the products.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

The nice thing about the Michael Phelps Swim Spa is it caters more to the swimming enthusiasts and the home owners. We used HydroWorx ones before, but they’re like a therapy pool and they’re used more for colleges, universities, or rehab facilities. It’s nice that they have the treadmills in it, but I also understand that the safety feature on those can be a little bit trickier.

With the Michael Phelps, it had everything that we needed, but not over-the-top. The Momentum Swim Signature didn’t have the closure part and it was all one open. It was very functional, and the quality is excellent. Along with the spa, I also liked the jets, the seats and the simplicity of the setup. You can put it anywhere, wherever you have enough room. It was useful with everyday aches and pains, and I get relieved with swimming. It’s not your weight-bearing exercise. I've been a swimmer my whole life and it keeps you going good and feeling good. It makes exercise easier.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We have kids and we wanted them to be able to swim year-round and my wife needed to do exercises for back and health troubles. We got the Michael Phelps Swim Spa because of the propulsion and we bought the 19 D which is the biggest one. You can swim on one end and there’s a hot tub on the other. You kinda wave on them and in the middle, it’s not smooth. It's easy to swim in and the flow of the water makes my wife feel a lot better. It’s not beating me down. It’s more relaxing. Everything is good.

The only thing that we have problems with is the temperature. In wintertime, when it’s cold outside. It works pretty well. But when it’s hot like this summer, I have it turned all the way down and you can go set it on 80 for the swim side and you can turn it up and it will be 97. I've had a lot of times pumped, turned it off and pumped the water out and refill it. It takes time to do all of that. The hot tub end stays pretty well. We got it locked on 95 right now and it stays that way. But you can’t get the swimming part cooled down. If you set it on 80 and you drain water out of it and put water back in it and you get it down low, by tomorrow it’s going to be 90 again. You have to leave it open. But then you got to deal with the insects and stuff getting in it. You can’t turn it completely off.

It’s hot and my wife doesn’t like it. She wanted it to stay tap water cold. If you get in there right now because it’s been closed today, you would burn up. We were told when we got it that we can set it the way we want it. But it didn’t work that way. But their customer service has been good about sending me stuff, coming out and looking because when I first got it, it had some damage on the panels and they fixed that. They told me that I'm just going to have to leave it down and let it be open and closed some.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We were looking for something to exercise with and easy to keep clean. We tried two brands where we had to tie ourselves in the pool. Michael Phelps Swim Spa’s features were higher end and the propulsion jets were smoother. The features were also nicer and good for both exercise and relaxing. We got the Signature model and we love it. It comes with the swimming and spa features which work on the iPad, except for the video trainer that does not play so I have to be able to get that part to work. Initially, we had the traditional cover, which was harder and heavier to use, then we ended up buying an end to end cover later through our dealer that I found online. I can take it off by myself without my husband being there to help me and it's made the swim spa much more user-friendly. We use it at least four days a week and we've highly recommended it to other people that come over.

We had two maintenance call things and it took a little while for us to hear back from them, but once we got to them from our dealership people, the reps of Michel Phelps Swim Spas were great and courteous. We have their numbers so we can deal with them when we need to. Overall, the quality of our Signature Swim Spa is excellent and our experience with it has been outstanding. It's expensive but it's a good dice and we got what we paid for. It has also given us better fitness level and relaxation. As a couple, it's become a central part of our home life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Our swim spa is a very big disappointment. The control panel is out for the second time in 18 months on the spa side, which regulates temperature. After calling the HO, they gave me a non-working number to call our dealer, the same number on the dealer's invoice. Basically, the HO takes no responsibility for their product and pushes us off to a dealer that cannot be reached. These control panels are the worst design, hard to see and operate, and they break down often. Also, their product manual does not cover anything that is useful for the owner, no instructions on how to use the spa features which may or may not have been installed.

We paid for a blue tooth sound system which has no place to plug in a blue tooth device, and nobody in the company or no manual instructs you where the plug in is supposed to be so that we can check it. I am certain, they just didn't install it and are brushing us off. Also, the iPad app doesn't work, another disappointment. I am more than upset with the customer service and quality control from this company. Still waiting for Brian, the manager to call me back!

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Irene! Thank you for your feedback. I've forwarded your review to our customer care department. They should be in contact via email with you soon.

Original review: July 17, 2017

We had a fantastic experience with Michael Phelps Swim Spas. I've worked in law enforcement for 20 plus years so I’ve got bad knees and a bad back. I needed to do something that was low impact and swimming was the answer. I didn’t want to have an in-ground pool and the Michael Phelps spa was perfect for me. The rep was very knowledgeable and went through all the different features. I ended up getting the MP Force which was exactly what I needed. The propulsion part works great, and sometimes I can put it all the way up. When I started using the spa, it felt like I just ran a marathon because I haven’t used those muscles in years. But I like it and swimming in it makes me feel rejuvenated. I now have friends that are also interested in buying the spa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michael Phelps Swim Spas?

Original review: July 16, 2017

The brand and the fact that I can exercise in it were the reasons I chose the Michael Phelps swim spa. I found out that that’s the one they use to warm up in the Olympics. If a swimmer can use it for that type of exercise, it should be good for everybody else. I have three little boys and I want something that they can use all year round but not as small as a hot tub, and the Michael Phelps swim spa was perfect. It’s big enough and a whole bunch of my kids and friends can get into it. But it’s not as small as a hot tub that one will feel suffocated. It’s also deep enough and we built it to level with the deck so it looks amazing. Everybody who comes here says it looks like a resort.

The company who sold it to me asked me a couple times if they could bring a customer to see the setting because they liked the setting that the company did. They flushed it with the deck and it’s not standing above the ground like an eyesore. I agreed and the two customers ended up buying the same swim spa. The company put pictures of my swim spa in their website and they have sold about 10.

Me and my kids love the swim spa, but I love it better when it works. The remote control for the stereo system is not working after a year. I ordered batteries and it’s supposed to fix it once and it has. And I haven't got the replacement. Also, the swim area is making a weird noise. I turned it completely off because I’m afraid I'm going make a damage and it’s not going to be fixable. It’s supposed to have a five-year pool warranty so I’m not that happy.

It's a luxury item and it’s not something one put unless they can afford it. It’s also an easy replacement for a pool and it's a better value to use it all year round. But I want it to be working to the standards of the product that I bought and the price I spent on it. Those are the things that are bothering me right now so hopefully, they’ll get it fixed. It's been four weeks since I put in the request. The people who sold it to me came in, searched the thing, took a video and sent it to the Master Spas. I called again on Monday, and we’re on Thursday, and I still haven't heard anything. Four weeks is not a timely manner to take care of things. Overall, it’s a great product when it works. Also, the customer service and the service department need to be better.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I wanted to be able to exercise and swim without having a full-size pool. I have looked at the Endless Pool and I liked it. But it comes in parts and you have to pay somebody to put it together. I ended up with the MP Force Deep which came already put together. It’s the 17-footer model with a spa that blends right into the pool part. It has those features that we were looking for although it wasn’t the model that we thought we purchased.

I got a different model than the model we tried they have in the store. And it was because that my space would not allow for that one because that one was a little longer. And the one that fit into our space was the 17-footer. But we’ve had so many issues with it. I don’t think the spa has worked correctly for two straight weeks since I purchased it in November. Every week there was a problem. They must’ve fit me somebody else’s pool because there’s no way this could be a new product. And so, they sent it back then sent us another one.

And now, we’re having problems with the second pool, too. They’ve been out twice now and we’ve had it for two weeks. The guy’s always on the phone with their tech people trying to see what the problem is. It was something with the panel and they had to send a whole new panel to go inside. And he came yesterday to put the new piece in. And I told the vendor that we purchased it from, “If I continue to have problems, take it back, give me my money, I’m done.” I’ve had a horrible experience and it cost too much money. I spent $35,000 on this pool and I haven't been able to use it consistently for any length of time. I would not tell anyone about this pool.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Dorothy. We're so very sorry to hear that you've been having so many issues with your MP Force Deep. I've sent your review on to our customer care department. They will be reviewing this information and should be in contact with you, most likely via email, soon. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We went to a show and Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the best that was available on the market as far as for competitive swimmers and the ability to not swim through the lighter duty versions of it. We chose them because of that and we bought the Signature model. Also, we were told that the propulsion system would be different and it wouldn't throw the water up in the face as much.

The kids are having a bit of trouble adapting to it and being able to find the place in the center and maintain since it's not like being in a normal pool, which is where they're usually in. The swim spa itself is very nice. It’s something that we have on the side of the house right now that if they can’t find time to get into a pool, they can get into that and at least be in the water. It also got some nifty technical aspects to it but at $40,000, it was a little expensive compared to the other ones. Hopefully, it will benefit the kids and help in their performance.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Our old swim spa was already leaking so I traded it off on a Michael Phelps Signature. I use this a lot during the winter time when I can't walk outside. I also like its current and it's really good for swimming because with my old one you couldn’t swim against, the current wasn’t right. But this is good exercise and the kids like it, too. Also, I was at the Calgary Stampede. And they had one there and it was very similar to mine and it was $49,995 in Canadian. But mine was $27,000 only. However, I still miss my old one because it was deeper and had a hot tub.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I chose Michael Phelps Swim Spas because of its quality and the notoriety of Micheal Phelps. We initially had the Signature S, but the warranty replaced it so we got a new Signature back in April. Overall, I like it, but two of the speakers that are right at the waterline on the back end of it are being washed with water when I turn the propulsion system real high. They could’ve mounted those higher towards the top of the rails. We had a problem getting somebody come but it was more to do with the dealership where we bought our initial swim spa from, but they responded and were eventually able to take care of that.

With the replacement, however, we also had some problems when we first got it. I filled it up, there was a leak in one of the pipes. My understanding is that they test these all out at the factory, supposedly. But the technician that came out and replaced it said they do have, from time to time, problems with pipes getting loose during transportation, so, that could have been the case. As far as the overall quality of the system and the way it works and performs, I’m happy with it.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas Company Information