3.45/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Michael Phelps Swim Spas

Interested in obtaining a swim spa at home? Michael Phelps Swim Spas offers a variety of swim spa models to help you choose what best fits your needs. The team at Michael Phelps Swim Spas understands that you may not have the time to go and practice at a pool every day, so we decided to bring it to you. Designed by Michael Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas are designed to meet a range of health and wellness needs. Contact us today to learn more about the products.

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Michael Phelps Swim Spas Reviews

Original review: May 13, 2019

I purchased my swim spa about 2 years ago and I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I use it all the time, 3-4 times per week. I love being able to swim anytime of the year I wish and the jets are incredible. I have not had any issues with this spa to date. I clean the filters when instructed by the spa and change the filters every six months. I also change the water. This spa has been a total joy for me. I had it sunk into a vault which was built by our contractor and added a pool house. I love coming home and jumping in any time of the year. It's the absolute best!

Original review: March 2, 2019

Overall I like the swim spa. I like being able to swim in my backyard. However this is not as smooth as I was hoping for. I purchased this so that I could swim without the noise of the jetted swim spas and also I felt that the one in the showroom was more consistent. The one I have initially the motor was faulty and that had to be replaced. Now it pushes me to the left no matter what level I am swimming at. I can swim at 58 and still need to correct myself because the Jets are pushing me to the left. Not what I was hoping for but still use it and enjoy it. I hope this can be fixed. I will be reaching out to the dealer but I know some other people have had the same problem and I am not sure if there is a fix.

Get expert buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

When we purchased the Michael Phelps Signature Swim spa, we were told about how great the app was. You could control the Spa and your workouts from WiFi. The app is very unstable first of all. Then there is a constant message popping up saying “demo mode alert”. I have to click connect on this to keep going every second, then eventually just restart the app. Our workout histories are not stored from the pool even though I am directly connected to the pool's WiFi. The app doesn’t do what it is supposed to do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I have a MP Force swim Spa and the diverter valve in it has a cap that was broken. Finding a replacement cap or someone to come and fix it has been an issue. In addition to this the skirts for the spa just won't stay on and have all come out no matter what I tried. Disappointed with overall product and service.

Original review: July 9, 2018

In April 2015 we purchased a Michael Phelps Swim Spa. It is a MP Force D. The reason we purchased this swim spa was for my husband who has had several neck surgeries and a lower back surgery, to be able to do his daily workouts. The swim spa has not worked correctly since we purchased it. We have had trouble with the propulsion motor. After running for a few minutes, the breaker on the spa would flip. We paid $1000 to replace the breaker, and still it does not work. The dealer has come out several times to fix it with no results. We had more troubles with the spa after those repairs. The spa would not come on at all after that. Another repairman was sent out and he spent over an hour on the phone with one of their techs and concluded that it was a frequencies problem and that it was fixed. Spa still did not work properly. This repairman also informed us that he was not trained to work on the swim spas.

We were sent another repairman. Spa was worked on again. The control panel now informs us that the pumps are priming. Repairman told us to also call our electric provider because he thought we were getting power surges. That turned out not to be the problem. At this point we have a $30,000 yard ornament. We just want it fixed or our money returned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michael Phelps Swim Spas?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We have an 8X8 spa but have been unable to use it quite often because the temperature drops. We don't go in it everyday and have been told by the company that sold it to us that we have to clean the filter every 2 or 3 days. We've had spas before that were incredibly easy to maintain with very low maintenance. We would not have bought this had we known we would be so disappointed so often when wanting to use it because the temp is too low. My husband tries to stay on top of it but when he is busy he might not get to it for 3 or 4 days. Buyers need to be aware this is a high maintenance spa before purchasing. Imagine being excited to spend some quality time with your loved one in your spa, changing into your bathing suit, going outside only to find the temperature is 84 degrees. I'm so sad about this. We'll figure out a routine and plan to buy an additional filter so we can just swap them out every other day.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We purchased the MP Signature Spa over the Endless Pool and I regret that decision. I keep getting the message that the heater is dry and have been since a week after it was turned on. I am the only one using the spa - and sometimes don't even get in the spa for days or weeks. My problem is the filters. I clean - and when I say clean - I flush those darn things under enough water to fill a pool!

I let them dry - insert them and still get the darn error message that the heater is dry. I'm ready to quit. A service call costs me $170 in travel fee alone and $250 labor charge. That was for the first time they came out to turn the spa on! I'm retired, bought this for health reasons so I could move this old body better and I can't even enjoy this spa. I'm tired of it. When I do use it once the filters are to the spa's needs, two days later the same message. I'm tired of it and don't even want to use it anymore.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Barbara. We're so sorry to hear that you're having issues with your swim spa. I'm going to be forwarding your review along with your contact information on to our corporate customer care team. They will be in contact with you to help you get this issue resolved. Thank you for letting us know about this, we appreciate the honest feedback.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

From the reviews, Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the best one available, and we purchased the Momentum Signature. It was quite feature-rich, my favorite being the variable swim speeds. Their team was knowledgeable. One of those features that really turned us into this was we could program workouts with an iPad and download them into the spa to run the workout. It was one of the reasons we bought it, but it doesn't work. I've tried to contact the reps numerous times but they didn't reply. There were a few issues with the quality of the Swim Spa, but it's good overall. I think it's worth the price, but the overall experience was tedious. The problem wasn't with the spa but with the dealership at Houston.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Peter. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dealer. I'll have someone from our customer care team reach out to your dealer to help get this resolved. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I wanted a swim spa for recreation. I got one that is 17-feet and four feet deep from Michael Phelps Swim Spa and it's good. I went with them because of their online reviews and the close proximity of the service to our home. We've had it a couple of months now and everything's good so far.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I purchased a Michael Phelps Swim Spa at the Spa Show event in San Rafael, CA on June 4th. I was told my spa would be delivered in 3 to 4 weeks. I soon found out that information was not true. The first delivery date was finally scheduled for July 17, at 8 am. I hired a construction crew to assist with the placement of the spa when it arrived. At 10 am I received a call that the truck had a flat and they were on their way. By noon I let the crew go, after paying them to stand around for four hours.

At 1 pm the truck pulled up to my house. The delivery crew got the spa completely off the truck when I realized they were delivering the wrong swim spa. They reloaded the spa and I was told they'd be right back with my swim spa. After two days with no communication, I was told the spa would be delivered at 1 pm on July 20. Again, I hired a crew of 4 to assist. The delivery truck finally showed up at 8:30 pm! The delivery crew basically offloaded the swim spa so close to my fence, we had to hire a crane to move it just to get in our yard.

I had temporary fencing that could have been easily moved and the spa should have been set in my backyard, not my driveway. The spa was left askew, tilted to one side on 2x4s, it was unwrapped, full of dirt and scratched. The spa cover was thrown inside and was ripped. There was no "start up kit", I found out later. I have pictures and videos of the whole show. As soon as we filled the spa and turned it on, a loud noise came from the swim area. I was told it must be a prop issue. I was also told a service person would contact me.

The first contact came August 10. The service guy came August 12th. He diagnosed a propeller and possible bearing problem and said he needed to order parts. He came back with parts August 18. He left abruptly and texted that night to say it wasn't the prop, it was the motor and he'd have to order a new one. He then called me to tell me Master Spa would not ship a new motor unless I paid for shipping! Brand new spa, never worked, and I was supposed to pay for shipping a replacement part? He finally came back today. The motor he brought was the wrong motor.

It's now nearly 12 weeks since I bought the swim spa and it still doesn't work. My biggest complaint in all of this, is I have never been able to speak to anyone in the corporate office. I've communicated with my sales person nearly every day in August, he is very nice and frankly, I would have returned the spa by now if I did not trust he was trying to fix this mess. But he does not seem to have any sway with his company. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Debra. We're very sorry to learn of this situation. I'm forwarding your review onto our corporate customer care team and they will be in contact with you soon, most likely via email. Thank you for the honest feedback, we appreciate it.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas Company Information