3.58/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Interested in obtaining a swim spa at home? Michael Phelps Swim Spas offers a variety of swim spa models to help you choose what best fits your needs. The team at Michael Phelps Swim Spas understands that you may not have the time to go and practice at a pool every day, so we decided to bring it to you. Designed by Michael Phelps and his coach, Bob Bowman, the Michael Phelps Swim Spas are designed to meet a range of health and wellness needs. Contact us today to learn more about the products.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 6, 2017

49 Michael Phelps Swim Spas Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We purchased the MP Signature Spa over the Endless Pool and I regret that decision. I keep getting the message that the heater is dry and have been since a week after it was turned on. I am the only one using the spa - and sometimes don't even get in the spa for days or weeks. My problem is the filters. I clean - and when I say clean - I flush those darn things under enough water to fill a pool!

I let them dry - insert them and still get the darn error message that the heater is dry. I'm ready to quit. A service call costs me $170 in travel fee alone and $250 labor charge. That was for the first time they came out to turn the spa on! I'm retired, bought this for health reasons so I could move this old body better and I can't even enjoy this spa. I'm tired of it. When I do use it once the filters are to the spa's needs, two days later the same message. I'm tired of it and don't even want to use it anymore.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Barbara. We're so sorry to hear that you're having issues with your swim spa. I'm going to be forwarding your review along with your contact information on to our corporate customer care team. They will be in contact with you to help you get this issue resolved. Thank you for letting us know about this, we appreciate the honest feedback.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

From the reviews, Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the best one available, and we purchased the Momentum Signature. It was quite feature-rich, my favorite being the variable swim speeds. Their team was knowledgeable. One of those features that really turned us into this was we could program workouts with an iPad and download them into the spa to run the workout. It was one of the reasons we bought it, but it doesn't work. I've tried to contact the reps numerous times but they didn't reply. There were a few issues with the quality of the Swim Spa, but it's good overall. I think it's worth the price, but the overall experience was tedious. The problem wasn't with the spa but with the dealership at Houston.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Peter. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dealer. I'll have someone from our customer care team reach out to your dealer to help get this resolved. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I wanted a swim spa for recreation. I got one that is 17-feet and four feet deep from Michael Phelps Swim Spa and it's good. I went with them because of their online reviews and the close proximity of the service to our home. We've had it a couple of months now and everything's good so far.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I purchased a Michael Phelps Swim Spa at the Spa Show event in San Rafael, CA on June 4th. I was told my spa would be delivered in 3 to 4 weeks. I soon found out that information was not true. The first delivery date was finally scheduled for July 17, at 8 am. I hired a construction crew to assist with the placement of the spa when it arrived. At 10 am I received a call that the truck had a flat and they were on their way. By noon I let the crew go, after paying them to stand around for four hours.

At 1 pm the truck pulled up to my house. The delivery crew got the spa completely off the truck when I realized they were delivering the wrong swim spa. They reloaded the spa and I was told they'd be right back with my swim spa. After two days with no communication, I was told the spa would be delivered at 1 pm on July 20. Again, I hired a crew of 4 to assist. The delivery truck finally showed up at 8:30 pm! The delivery crew basically offloaded the swim spa so close to my fence, we had to hire a crane to move it just to get in our yard.

I had temporary fencing that could have been easily moved and the spa should have been set in my backyard, not my driveway. The spa was left askew, tilted to one side on 2x4s, it was unwrapped, full of dirt and scratched. The spa cover was thrown inside and was ripped. There was no "start up kit", I found out later. I have pictures and videos of the whole show. As soon as we filled the spa and turned it on, a loud noise came from the swim area. I was told it must be a prop issue. I was also told a service person would contact me.

The first contact came August 10. The service guy came August 12th. He diagnosed a propeller and possible bearing problem and said he needed to order parts. He came back with parts August 18. He left abruptly and texted that night to say it wasn't the prop, it was the motor and he'd have to order a new one. He then called me to tell me Master Spa would not ship a new motor unless I paid for shipping! Brand new spa, never worked, and I was supposed to pay for shipping a replacement part? He finally came back today. The motor he brought was the wrong motor.

It's now nearly 12 weeks since I bought the swim spa and it still doesn't work. My biggest complaint in all of this, is I have never been able to speak to anyone in the corporate office. I've communicated with my sales person nearly every day in August, he is very nice and frankly, I would have returned the spa by now if I did not trust he was trying to fix this mess. But he does not seem to have any sway with his company. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Debra. We're very sorry to learn of this situation. I'm forwarding your review onto our corporate customer care team and they will be in contact with you soon, most likely via email. Thank you for the honest feedback, we appreciate it.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

The nice thing about the Michael Phelps Swim Spa is it caters more to the swimming enthusiasts and the home owners. We used HydroWorx ones before, but they’re like a therapy pool and they’re used more for colleges, universities, or rehab facilities. It’s nice that they have the treadmills in it, but I also understand that the safety feature on those can be a little bit trickier.

With the Michael Phelps, it had everything that we needed, but not over-the-top. The Momentum Swim Signature didn’t have the closure part and it was all one open. It was very functional, and the quality is excellent. Along with the spa, I also liked the jets, the seats and the simplicity of the setup. You can put it anywhere, wherever you have enough room. It was useful with everyday aches and pains, and I get relieved with swimming. It’s not your weight-bearing exercise. I've been a swimmer my whole life and it keeps you going good and feeling good. It makes exercise easier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michael Phelps Swim Spas?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We have kids and we wanted them to be able to swim year-round and my wife needed to do exercises for back and health troubles. We got the Michael Phelps Swim Spa because of the propulsion and we bought the 19 D which is the biggest one. You can swim on one end and there’s a hot tub on the other. You kinda wave on them and in the middle, it’s not smooth. It's easy to swim in and the flow of the water makes my wife feel a lot better. It’s not beating me down. It’s more relaxing. Everything is good.

The only thing that we have problems with is the temperature. In wintertime, when it’s cold outside. It works pretty well. But when it’s hot like this summer, I have it turned all the way down and you can go set it on 80 for the swim side and you can turn it up and it will be 97. I've had a lot of times pumped, turned it off and pumped the water out and refill it. It takes time to do all of that. The hot tub end stays pretty well. We got it locked on 95 right now and it stays that way. But you can’t get the swimming part cooled down. If you set it on 80 and you drain water out of it and put water back in it and you get it down low, by tomorrow it’s going to be 90 again. You have to leave it open. But then you got to deal with the insects and stuff getting in it. You can’t turn it completely off.

It’s hot and my wife doesn’t like it. She wanted it to stay tap water cold. If you get in there right now because it’s been closed today, you would burn up. We were told when we got it that we can set it the way we want it. But it didn’t work that way. But their customer service has been good about sending me stuff, coming out and looking because when I first got it, it had some damage on the panels and they fixed that. They told me that I'm just going to have to leave it down and let it be open and closed some.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We were looking for something to exercise with and easy to keep clean. We tried two brands where we had to tie ourselves in the pool. Michael Phelps Swim Spa’s features were higher end and the propulsion jets were smoother. The features were also nicer and good for both exercise and relaxing. We got the Signature model and we love it. It comes with the swimming and spa features which work on the iPad, except for the video trainer that does not play so I have to be able to get that part to work. Initially, we had the traditional cover, which was harder and heavier to use, then we ended up buying an end to end cover later through our dealer that I found online. I can take it off by myself without my husband being there to help me and it's made the swim spa much more user-friendly. We use it at least four days a week and we've highly recommended it to other people that come over.

We had two maintenance call things and it took a little while for us to hear back from them, but once we got to them from our dealership people, the reps of Michel Phelps Swim Spas were great and courteous. We have their numbers so we can deal with them when we need to. Overall, the quality of our Signature Swim Spa is excellent and our experience with it has been outstanding. It's expensive but it's a good dice and we got what we paid for. It has also given us better fitness level and relaxation. As a couple, it's become a central part of our home life.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Our swim spa is a very big disappointment. The control panel is out for the second time in 18 months on the spa side, which regulates temperature. After calling the HO, they gave me a non-working number to call our dealer, the same number on the dealer's invoice. Basically, the HO takes no responsibility for their product and pushes us off to a dealer that cannot be reached. These control panels are the worst design, hard to see and operate, and they break down often. Also, their product manual does not cover anything that is useful for the owner, no instructions on how to use the spa features which may or may not have been installed.

We paid for a blue tooth sound system which has no place to plug in a blue tooth device, and nobody in the company or no manual instructs you where the plug in is supposed to be so that we can check it. I am certain, they just didn't install it and are brushing us off. Also, the iPad app doesn't work, another disappointment. I am more than upset with the customer service and quality control from this company. Still waiting for Brian, the manager to call me back!

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Irene! Thank you for your feedback. I've forwarded your review to our customer care department. They should be in contact via email with you soon.

Original review: July 17, 2017

We had a fantastic experience with Michael Phelps Swim Spas. I've worked in law enforcement for 20 plus years so I’ve got bad knees and a bad back. I needed to do something that was low impact and swimming was the answer. I didn’t want to have an in-ground pool and the Michael Phelps spa was perfect for me. The rep was very knowledgeable and went through all the different features. I ended up getting the MP Force which was exactly what I needed. The propulsion part works great, and sometimes I can put it all the way up. When I started using the spa, it felt like I just ran a marathon because I haven’t used those muscles in years. But I like it and swimming in it makes me feel rejuvenated. I now have friends that are also interested in buying the spa.

Original review: July 16, 2017

The brand and the fact that I can exercise in it were the reasons I chose the Michael Phelps swim spa. I found out that that’s the one they use to warm up in the Olympics. If a swimmer can use it for that type of exercise, it should be good for everybody else. I have three little boys and I want something that they can use all year round but not as small as a hot tub, and the Michael Phelps swim spa was perfect. It’s big enough and a whole bunch of my kids and friends can get into it. But it’s not as small as a hot tub that one will feel suffocated. It’s also deep enough and we built it to level with the deck so it looks amazing. Everybody who comes here says it looks like a resort.

The company who sold it to me asked me a couple times if they could bring a customer to see the setting because they liked the setting that the company did. They flushed it with the deck and it’s not standing above the ground like an eyesore. I agreed and the two customers ended up buying the same swim spa. The company put pictures of my swim spa in their website and they have sold about 10.

Me and my kids love the swim spa, but I love it better when it works. The remote control for the stereo system is not working after a year. I ordered batteries and it’s supposed to fix it once and it has. And I haven't got the replacement. Also, the swim area is making a weird noise. I turned it completely off because I’m afraid I'm going make a damage and it’s not going to be fixable. It’s supposed to have a five-year pool warranty so I’m not that happy.

It's a luxury item and it’s not something one put unless they can afford it. It’s also an easy replacement for a pool and it's a better value to use it all year round. But I want it to be working to the standards of the product that I bought and the price I spent on it. Those are the things that are bothering me right now so hopefully, they’ll get it fixed. It's been four weeks since I put in the request. The people who sold it to me came in, searched the thing, took a video and sent it to the Master Spas. I called again on Monday, and we’re on Thursday, and I still haven't heard anything. Four weeks is not a timely manner to take care of things. Overall, it’s a great product when it works. Also, the customer service and the service department need to be better.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I wanted to be able to exercise and swim without having a full-size pool. I have looked at the Endless Pool and I liked it. But it comes in parts and you have to pay somebody to put it together. I ended up with the MP Force Deep which came already put together. It’s the 17-footer model with a spa that blends right into the pool part. It has those features that we were looking for although it wasn’t the model that we thought we purchased.

I got a different model than the model we tried they have in the store. And it was because that my space would not allow for that one because that one was a little longer. And the one that fit into our space was the 17-footer. But we’ve had so many issues with it. I don’t think the spa has worked correctly for two straight weeks since I purchased it in November. Every week there was a problem. They must’ve fit me somebody else’s pool because there’s no way this could be a new product. And so, they sent it back then sent us another one.

And now, we’re having problems with the second pool, too. They’ve been out twice now and we’ve had it for two weeks. The guy’s always on the phone with their tech people trying to see what the problem is. It was something with the panel and they had to send a whole new panel to go inside. And he came yesterday to put the new piece in. And I told the vendor that we purchased it from, “If I continue to have problems, take it back, give me my money, I’m done.” I’ve had a horrible experience and it cost too much money. I spent $35,000 on this pool and I haven't been able to use it consistently for any length of time. I would not tell anyone about this pool.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Dorothy. We're so very sorry to hear that you've been having so many issues with your MP Force Deep. I've sent your review on to our customer care department. They will be reviewing this information and should be in contact with you, most likely via email, soon. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: July 14, 2017

We went to a show and Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the best that was available on the market as far as for competitive swimmers and the ability to not swim through the lighter duty versions of it. We chose them because of that and we bought the Signature model. Also, we were told that the propulsion system would be different and it wouldn't throw the water up in the face as much.

The kids are having a bit of trouble adapting to it and being able to find the place in the center and maintain since it's not like being in a normal pool, which is where they're usually in. The swim spa itself is very nice. It’s something that we have on the side of the house right now that if they can’t find time to get into a pool, they can get into that and at least be in the water. It also got some nifty technical aspects to it but at $40,000, it was a little expensive compared to the other ones. Hopefully, it will benefit the kids and help in their performance.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Our old swim spa was already leaking so I traded it off on a Michael Phelps Signature. I use this a lot during the winter time when I can't walk outside. I also like its current and it's really good for swimming because with my old one you couldn’t swim against, the current wasn’t right. But this is good exercise and the kids like it, too. Also, I was at the Calgary Stampede. And they had one there and it was very similar to mine and it was $49,995 in Canadian. But mine was $27,000 only. However, I still miss my old one because it was deeper and had a hot tub.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I chose Michael Phelps Swim Spas because of its quality and the notoriety of Micheal Phelps. We initially had the Signature S, but the warranty replaced it so we got a new Signature back in April. Overall, I like it, but two of the speakers that are right at the waterline on the back end of it are being washed with water when I turn the propulsion system real high. They could’ve mounted those higher towards the top of the rails. We had a problem getting somebody come but it was more to do with the dealership where we bought our initial swim spa from, but they responded and were eventually able to take care of that.

With the replacement, however, we also had some problems when we first got it. I filled it up, there was a leak in one of the pipes. My understanding is that they test these all out at the factory, supposedly. But the technician that came out and replaced it said they do have, from time to time, problems with pipes getting loose during transportation, so, that could have been the case. As far as the overall quality of the system and the way it works and performs, I’m happy with it.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I wanted an alternative between not having a pool versus having a full-blown pool. The Michael Phelps swim spa served the purpose of having a swimming pool, and at the same time, a spa. I have the 18-feet model which is a twin with a spa on one side and a pool on the other. The features are good on both sides. I like the design and the utilization of all the area and parts. Based on my research, there were more features that I wanted that were in this one versus the other. I also liked the quality that I saw when I physically saw the various ones. Not that I saw too many which of the ones I saw. It felt like this was a little more durable than the others. But the cost is way too much considering the amount of maintenance and work that is required. In hindsight, if I look back, I would have probably built a pool.

Maybe my experience was a little bit outlier. The very first thing that happened to my experience was that they delivered the unit. So, they took all of that, the crane and they put it, set it up. And then when the electrician came to install, they looked under the hood and they said, “Oh! Wait a minute. The whole engine and the compressor is not there. This is a unit only with the body.” Somehow, the QA passed without even making the basic check that this unit didn’t have the heart of the system. The gentleman was quite apologetic and he did say, “We’ll take care of it. We’ll do what is required to change it,” and so on. Of course, at their expense, they brought a crane again. They lifted it out again then brought the other unit which had the thing. So that itself was a big blow and a disappointment for me that a company this big. I got to isolate the gentleman who tried to fix this versus the actual fact because he did, Mike did a good job.

Maybe I should have done a little more research on my side before I decided to do this. I was led to believe that the maintenance is almost negligible or very little in terms of day-to-day or weekly. But the amount of maintenance that is required to keep the system running is way beyond what I expected. Literally, I’ve owned it for about three years and I used it three times. It was very disappointing the amount of work that is required to just use that. Me and my family just used it once and then we get out of the pool, and there is the amount of change that is required to clean the filter, put in this, wait for something, then check the litmus, if that changes, put this one, put that one, keep it going – It is just unbelievable. Don’t ever buy one. I’m still going to my swimming pool. I still got membership at my local swimming center.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hello Shri. We're so sorry to hear that you haven't been enjoying your swim spa. Our goal here at Master Spas is to make sure that all of our customers are satisfied with their purchase. I have forwarded your review to our customer care department. They will be looking over the information and will be following up with you via email soon. Thank you for the feedback - we really appreciate it.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I saw their full-page ad in a magazine when I was flying. It was a nice sell and then I had a pretty good experience emailing them back and forth. We decided to buy the MP Force Deep. The swim test is what nailed it. We wanted our swim spa to be deeper but not so deep and we planned to use it for our fitness too. So, the MP Force Deep may be above and beyond our general needs, but we have a family of eight. Since having it, everybody’s more fit. On the first month, we were all just tired all the time. But we’re getting fitter because we’re still doing the same level of activity or more and we’re not so tired all the time. We’re always in the swim spa at least once or twice a day. We love it and we're generally confident that it’s not going to break and it’s going to last for a long time.

We had a great experience with the person who came and showed us how to change the filters and we had to install the thing that holds the cover. But I’m having this kind of standoff by email with the main person at East Coast Spa. I said, “I’m scared it’s coming and I wanna make sure I have extra chemicals and extra filters. So tell me what to buy.” Maybe she thought I was lazy, that I couldn’t figure out myself but I actually couldn’t figure out myself. She used some words that I didn’t know. So I used those words to go to their swim spa supply store and select some things from the list. Her response was still kind of iffy. So I ended up getting a filter that I don’t even know if it’s one of the filters that work. She said it was a busy time for them right now, but it’s like a $40,000 investment for us so it was awkward.

There’s no general guidance about how to use the chemicals for my swim spa. After people sell it, they don’t care about what you do with the chemicals. So I’m just doing it myself but that was unpleasant. They were reachable but it was very terse. At one point, she had misspelled the term and I said, “Is this what you want?” and then she wrote back in all caps, “YES”. That’s way too much. We got the swim spa so we won’t have any stress but that was incredibly stressful. There was also no way that you can figure out from the manual how to make the light constant. I know it’s a small thing, but it was really frustrating that I didn’t have anybody to talk to about it.

Then we called Master Spas. I’m not going to call East Coast Spas again so I talked to the Master Spas people and they sent a very limited email response back, didn’t make any sense. So I followed-up with a call. I tried and it didn’t work. Then I called them and it was really horrible that the first thing I heard was, “Because of liability issues, essentially you’re not gonna get any technical support.” It was just a robot. It’s not a person saying it. It’s really awful and unpleasant. But I didn’t follow the instructions ‘cause it said, “Call back when you have the serial number.” So I got a person and I said that, “I don’t have my serial number." He said, “Just turn it on, turn it off.” I said, “Well, what about the instructions, they tell you to go to preferences. And then the different color of the lights, there’s no way to actually select one.” He’s like, “Oh, I never heard of that before.”

The information he gave me was actually correct. So it worked but it is inconsistent with the instructions in the manual that describe how the preference features work. It just was a small thing. So our swim spa is an amazing, life-changing thing. But the fact that I feel I’m going to get yelled at when I ask questions about the chemical, it’s really uncomfortable.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I bought the Michael Phelps Signature Swim Spa for exercise. I did some research, read and found out that the current that’s created by the propellers was the best way to go. I love it but I'm very disappointed with the soft tread on the bottom because it’s peeling up. When it was first installed, I also had some serious issues with one of the modules that it had to be replaced twice. The owner’s manual was also worthless and lacking. Plus the swim spa didn’t come with any helpful hints on how to set it up and get the water in it. Then when they delivered the swim spa, they brought the wrong cover and the whole thing was a fiasco. Although my dealings with their customer service have been okay most of the time except when I called about the soft tread peeling up because the young man on the phone was not friendly, overall, it’s a great product and I would tell my friends to purchase one.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I purchased the Momentum Deep from Michael Phelps Swim Spa for workout and relaxation purposes because of the propulsion system and the fact that Phelps put his name on it. It was very expensive, but my interaction with the sales guy went well. Because of the Momentum Deep's size, the installation was a challenge and they had to crane it back. The features are good and I like them, including the swim spa and the Jacuzzi. However, there are some things that could be designed differently. There's water that gets trapped up by the controls. All they had to do is tilt it up a little bit more to make sure any water that splashes on the side flows back in. I've had it up and running for about three months, and so far, it's all right and everything that I thought it would be. My girls are Olympic level swimmers and they can swim faster than it can push them.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I want to swim and wanted the Michael Phelps system as opposed to the other brand that Master Spas have on some spas. When I was looking to buy one, I went to an exhibit that they were doing in Atlanta. They had a bunch of spas there and I met a guy from Michael Phelps Swim Spas. He was helpful and showed me all the features of the new one. Then I got home and realized that the one I was looking at was the 17 feet model. I measured the space that I have and it wasn’t gonna fit. We had to go with 14. But nobody explained to me when I got it that it wasn’t gonna have all the features of the new model and that was kind of disappointing. I was a little frustrated and I felt that it was a little misleading, but I don’t think it was intentional. It doesn’t have as many difference from speeds as the one they showed and I love the Wi-Fi connectivity with the app. It has a different filtration system, but they gave me a nice discount on giving an older model.

Then, I dealt with the local dealership for the delivery and it was not great. They're really nice but they were originally going to use a crane to deliver this thing because I live in a pretty small lot in the middle of the city. But then they decided they could put it up on its side and they could get it into our gate. They did but the guys moving it weren’t really equipped to do that. They were trying to roll it on these plastic tubes and they broke a corner of the acrylic off of it. But they had a great repair guy who made it go away so that was good. I felt terrible for them because they were really working hard but they didn't have the tools that they needed. Also, they were super creative. It was like the Egyptians building a pyramid because they were trying to use levers and pulleys and there were no power tools.

I liked my swim spa and I use it regularly. The propulsion is actually not nearly as powerful as I thought it would be so I got a tether. But I couldn’t get the workout that I thought I'd be able to get swimming without the tether. I would overtake the system, which I was surprised by because it's supposed to work on Michael Phelps when he's a little faster than me. There's the accessory kit that you get with the spas and you can use the belt and the two-sided hook and swim with it and it works fine. But it was pretty underpowered and made me think it's a little overpriced.

If I had to do it over again, I'd have done a little bit more research and really understand more about the propulsion system and the other options, but I'm happy to have it and it's working for me. Also, I get to swim more often which is nice. I get home from work, go out in the backyard and get to swim at night where previously, I'd have to go to a pool somewhere and then fight with other people.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I tried out a Master Spa jet one and another Korean brand, and the Michael Phelps Signature 2014 swim spa was the one I liked. Endless Pools are a lot more expensive and the Michael Phelps one is a good deal. I wouldn’t want to spend a full price on one of them by any means, since they're a little overpriced. I got ours for $26,000, which was a good price, because we bought a floor model. However, it's still overpriced based on its features but I think that it's a good quality product for what I got it for. The delivery was good but the team was four hours late. It cost us a little money since we had a guy with a crane ready to pick it up and set it on the platform. We then put the unit in-ground in our house so it's indoors.

So far, we love our unit. It's convenient, relaxing, and it meets my needs. I like swimming in it and my kids also love playing in it. I liked its flow more than its jets, which are like hose in your face, and I also like how deep it is. Michael Phelps is welcome to try it. However, its touch pad can sometimes be a bit tacky and won't work when my hands are wet.

Original review: July 3, 2017

The Michael Phelps Swim Spa I bought two months ago is for exercise. The model we bought was The Force, and we love it. We also love its swim jet. Other spas have more jet propulsion but theirs has a propeller. I love swimming in it, and the experience has been enjoyable.

Original review: June 29, 2017

We bought a Michael Phelps Swim Spa because we wanted the best one for swimming and because I like that its jets were not a separate item like endless pools. My wife has some issues with her leg and I actually ran into a problem with my work where I tore all my ligaments. With Michael Phelps Pool Spa, both of us still are able to exercise. It takes the stress off our lives. Another reason is that they don't have bubbles and that I can get a service with my person instead of getting something outside, which is hard. It's also better quality from my understanding, and you can see the bottom which is very important to us.

We love the model that we got but we weren't aware that the pipes had goo in it and have to be emptied and refilled. They sprayed the pipes on the inside and we’re just told to empty it and refill it. Two weeks into buying the pool, I thought there were some real problems with it. But the pool is absolutely wonderful, we love it, and we're very pleased with it. We use it four times a week easily.

Original review: June 28, 2017

We considered an in-ground concrete pool but they were very expensive and we couldn’t put it in my backyard. I have grandchildren and I couldn’t watch over them if the pool was put on the side of the house. We got the Michael Phelps swim spa because it was cheaper and we had a deck built around it. It was also contained in a glassware or plastic room built at the back of the house so we won’t be bothered by mosquitoes and I can watch over my grandchildren. It was a big renovation and the best we could do. Plus, I can get the exercise needed for my arthritis. I love the times I’ve been in the pool and it really gives you a workout. I don’t have the swelling in my feet and arthritis when I wake up the next morning and I like that.

I used to go to a spa every day to swim when we lived in California and I don’t have that opportunity here in Georgia because the drive distance is crazy. It’s wonderful and a good option for us and my grandchildren to be able to use this at home. It was just big enough for me to kind of do a lap or two and exercise. We had an in-ground pool when we were in California so I didn’t spend a lot of time looking around at other companies.

My husband and I went to a show and bought the floor model onsite and I’m sure the one they delivered was not the one on the floor and the guy who owns the company said, “Well if I show it, I'll just give you guys another one.” That’s what he did and we were really happy with it. Someone from the technical part of the store came out and gave us a lesson on how to use our pool and spa. I asked him about attaching the oars but he didn’t really know about that since he hadn't sold this model before and I still haven’t used them because my only problem is just attaching this equipment.

Our pool's excellent, solid, seamless and elegant. I would like to see a little improvement on that loose sight plastic glass that’s between the spa and the pool part. It's not quite high enough and we get some run-over from the spa to the pool. One other situation is with the therapeutic jets. I understand that they're made to be completely out of the water but I worry about them burning out. The guy who came out said, “Keep your water level below those jets.” And I just don’t quite understand that. I'm fearful that we will damage the spa that way. I was going to call the store and let them know of my apprehensions and see if they could do something about it. But overall I’m really satisfied with it. It's just the small things that need to be tweaked and I don't know if they can. Maybe it’s something I don’t understand that can be easily remedied by a demonstration or an explanation.

Also, I would like to be able to choose the lights to one color like red or blue and not have them always changing to other colors. I’m a 64-year-old woman and that thing is actually for younger party people so it's not something that I'm happy to share with a friend. Other than that, I think it's a safe, beautiful, well-built item and I will buy it again if I had to do it all over.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Aginah! We're so happy to hear that you and your grandchildren are enjoying your swimspa and that it has been able to help with your arthritis! To answer a couple of your questions, the lighting can be changed to be one solid color. To do so, go to the preferences menu on your topside control. Once there, select the "color" option and continue to press select until you reach the desired color. Also, we have a guide on how to install the exercise equipment that I will send to your email address shortly. Thank you for the feedback! We greatly appreciate it.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I purchased two spas, a Michael Phelps and an Endless Pool. The prices are about the same, but Endless Pool would not help me get it into the ground. They would drop it at a shipping point in Carbon. I had to get it and put it where I was gonna place it. But Phelps Spas has a dealer in Des Moine and they took delivery, came and put the spa on the ground for me. We bought the MP mostly for swimming and it was the one recommended by the dealer. The stand-up jets are really the nicest ones for me ‘cause they go over my whole back so I stand there and turn it on and I can exercise my arms while I’m doing that.

I feel much better than I did before. I’m 70 years old and have arthritis. I can’t do high-impact aerobics, so learning in place in the pool, swimming and using my arms with it, mitts on, are what I can do. I had a new hip replaced and I hadn’t had any exercise for a couple years so it’s really been a godsend. However, it stopped running the other day. When I called the reps from Phelps Swim Spas, they told me there was a spike in the electricity. I needed to flip the switch and it’ll start over and it did. The reps were responsive, but the spa went out again a couple of days ago and I had to flip the switch again. I’m concerned that maybe the fuse box inside the spa is a little too sensitive.

I don’t like that the on and off switch fuse box is all the way down at the bottom and everybody puts the swim spa down. It’s five feet tall so we put it down into the ground. It has a deck around it and to take the deck up to get down there to flip a switch, it’s stupid. Also, whoever designed the damn thing never used it. There's a cleaning spa, which shoots water and the edges around the spa are concave outwards towards the spa, so there’s water that sits on these ledges instead of draining back into the pool. After spending $36,000, I’d think the little things like that would be wiped. It wasn’t perfect and I’m not absolutely happy with it. When it’s working, it’s a beautiful thing and my friends are envious of me, but for $36,000, a couple of those little things shouldn’t have happened.

Original review: June 25, 2017

All the reports said that Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the top of the line in the market and said that I couldn't outswim it. I bought the Propulsion Plus and for the most part, it's all right. However, I could outswim it and right now, it's terrible. I was a swimmer and I love to swim. It’s not giving me the workout I need and that's a big part of why I purchased the item. It's not really worth the $40,000 I put into it and the $300,000 to put the building around it. It's stuck where it is and it's not like I can just replace the swim spa.

The dealer was a little hard to get a hold of at first and wasn't responding to emails. I've called a couple of times but I get busy during the day. I wasn’t quite getting what I wanted, but eventually, we did. They say there's a fix for it although I haven't gotten through it yet. On the other hand, the sales staff's support has been great. I got it in about two months and it's operating about a month and a half. The support staff sent me a bunch of exercise equipment stuff for it. I've used the bungees in it and that seems to work really cool. But as far as the propulsion system itself, when I can outswim it, that’s not giving me the workout I need.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Mitch! Thanks for the feedback. We always appreciate the feedback. The Wave XP system produces a current at its top speed, swim number 100, that is in proportion to a 62 second 100M pace. We've found it to be challenging to strong swimmers when used for extended lengths. However, just like a treadmill which can usually be "outrun" by most people, it's difficult to sustain the fastest pace for any length of time.

First thing we suggest is that you make sure you are 100% in the current. If any part of you gets outside the current, you will find it much easier to outpace it and reach the wall. Second, understand that you don't try to outpace the current just as you don't outrun a treadmill. Third, focus on making good strokes while maintaining proper body positions. This usually slows your stroke down and will result in a better swim. Although it's great to know that you're enjoying the other ways of exercising in your swim spa, we want to make sure you're getting the most out of your purchase. Hopefully this helps you achieve that!

Original review: June 23, 2017

We looked at all the swim spas out there and Michael Phelps’ Force has the best swimming flow. It’s expensive but you get what you paid for. We’re using it up to an hour a day now. It’s a great workout. It’s everything we’ve expected and more.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Nick! It's so great to hear that you're getting so much use out of your MP Force! I agree, it's a wonderful workout - and a fun one too! We're happy to hear that your new swimspa has exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: June 2, 2017

We have two swimmers in the family and I have knee issues so we wanted to have something that I could do some low impact exercises in. My husband did a lot of research and he felt like that the Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the best option. We purchased the Momentum 80D. We thought it was not gonna be as expensive as it was but when you look at all the options out there, it's pretty comparable. The dealer has been great too. They've been very supportive and terrific.

We just started using the swim spa because it's winter here in New Jersey and we had some water quality issues. But it's gonna be great and everyone’s enjoying the swim spa. It's a good length and my husband loves the spa side of it. The propulsion is great. The options for the speed, for the swimming, and everything are terrific so we're very happy.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Donna! It's so great to hear that you and your family are enjoying your swim spa so much! Thank you for the lovely feedback. We appreciate it!

Original review: May 20, 2017

I use my Michael Phelps swim spa for personal exercise, personal use and enjoyment. I have been super happy and use it on daily basis. I have a little concern. I feel it has a small leak cause there is constant water on the ground under the pool.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Elizabeth! We're so happy that you are enjoying your swimspa! Have you contacted your dealer about the possible leak? Either way, I'll forward this to our corporate customer service team so they can get more information and help get that possible leak fixed for you. Thanks for the review!

Original review: May 16, 2017

We swam in different spa models, testing them out before we purchased one, and it seemed like the Michael Phelps spa had better quality. Even though it's more expensive, it has a feature that allows you to swim against the current, and the current was much smoother instead of having a lot of splashing on your face. And I really appreciate the rep that we worked with. They remember who we are, so it's as close to a friendship as you can get from somebody who's providing a service for you. They made a couple of visits over to our house even though the spa was already installed. We were having a hard time at the beginning getting our chemicals squared away, and the rep would stop by, take a look, test it and provide more chemicals for us. If we have things that we need to discuss, I can text him and he'll respond.

We have an issue going on right now with the color-changing light that goes around the swim and spa area. It is only on one color and you can't get it to rotate at all. We need to get that fixed since summer's coming around and the spa's still under warranty. But the Michael Phelps spa has been a nice addition to our living space. We got the largest combination of a hot tub and a swimming area combined and just having that space to swim in, when we normally wouldn't in our area, is nice. And even through it is small, the kids can still get in there, splash around and have fun during summer even if they're not using it as a swim spa.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi Breea! We're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the swimspa and that the reps you've been working with have been so helpful. Thank you for the lovely review! We appreciate the honest feedback.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I had a spa before. It wasn't a Michael Phelps but it was very similar. It was an H2 and the Michael Phelps Swim Spas was the closest we could get to replace the one we had. We had storm damage and had to replace the old one. We got the one with the three jetted seats. It's a little more powerful than my old spa. It doesn't have as many jets but the jetsetter there are better.

The mechanicals are good with the Michael Phelps Swim Spas. However, it loses power, it kicks off. It has done that about 15 times. If you have the swim spa going on full blast and you turn the jets on also, it wants to kick out. It has done it without anything around it. I had it for about a year and now it hasn't done it in the last four months but up until then, I had them come out. It's that circuit breaker. The problem was that on the weak side, it's not taking. You got to get out to reset it and the biggest thing is if it's winter time and I'm gone, and that happened one-time, you take the chance of the thing freezing up and being bad. I called the girl I went through to purchase the things and she was supposed to send something to the manufacturer and I've not heard anything on that. But other than that, it's a very nice piece of equipment and we're very glad we have it.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas response

Hi John! I'm happy to hear that overall you are enjoying the spa. I'll forward your review on to our corporate customer service and have them take a look at it and follow-up with you. Thanks for the honest review! We greatly appreciate it.

Michael Phelps Swim Spas Company Information