4.71/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

ThermoSpas Swim Spas offers a variety of swim spas in order to help you choose the one that works best for you. With ThermoSpas you have the ability to design your own spa or select by seating capacity or model. ThermoSpas Swim Spas are not only designed for entertainment, but cardio and strength training as well as post-workout massages. Contact us today to learn more about our products available!

ThermoSpas Swim Spas Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2018

I needed a deep swimming area for the type of exercises I have to do, so a regular hot tub wouldn’t work. We did lot of research and ThermoSpas was just the best value for the money, the best service and was what I needed. Their reps came to the house so I was able to talk to them personally. They looked at the backyard and tested the patio to make sure it was gonna work for that weight. Their service was all around and everything was very good. We bought one of their products that was just in the warehouse but it had everything that we wanted in it, so it worked out perfectly. We got it for physical therapy as it has a range of things for us to be able to do, like swimming, having water therapy and doing exercises. We absolutely love it. It should last for years and years. We made the right choice. I appreciate their service and their responsiveness. Also, when there was a part that hadn’t come yet, they sent it right away.

Get expert buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I've been wanting a swim spa for six years. I had my apartment and I was like, "Okay, I'm gonna get me a swim spa." Then I got my house built and finally, I made the decision that I can afford it. And the reason I was gonna get one is because I have Crohn's and I have really bad arthritis. That helps me where I can work out in the spa, because I can't jog and lift weight anymore and I can do that in the water.

I told ThermoSpas' reps what I wanted and they delivered. I paid half in the beginning and the rest of the half when it was all finished. And the guys that delivered were great. They were very knowledgeable as far as what they were doing. The spa is too big for them, but they did really well. They had to take it and put it upright and they brought it over my house. They put it down where it was supposed to be and they were perfect. I got the largest one and it seats seven. When you sit down in the seats, it vibrates and it starts from your neck all the way down. Also, I can't go in the ocean but in the spa, I can swim in it. I have everything done in all in one.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My wife and I went online and took a look at different swim spas. We stumbled on ThermoSpas and then we decided to get a price and have a salesman come out and explain what ThermoSpas is all about. And we were impressed with the presentation. We were also impressed with how sturdy the spa is built and the warranty. It was a big gulp as far as the cost but we got a swim spa with all the bells and whistles on it. Their delivery team was outstanding as well. They had our 7 x 14, 3000 pound spa hoisted over the house in a very large machine and they set it down. That process was quite amazing and it brought a few of the neighbors out to look at it. The whole team was extremely friendly and they explained everything.

We had the spa installed on a Thursday and the electrician came out the next day. He hooked it up and we've been using it ever since. However, there were a lot of buttons to push on this swim spa and the operating manual isn't as specific in some areas in explaining. So I called the customer service and the sales reps and I talked to a fellow in Connecticut. He was very helpful and very detailed. My salesman has talked to him a few times about some issues just to clarify and he has always been available. I've had a good experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I wanted some recreation in my home and I always wanted to purchase a pool home. Since I don't have one, I chose to purchase a pool spa instead. ThermoSpas was accessible and once the salesman explained it to me, I was absolute in choosing that particular brand because it seemed reliable and safe. I had read up on a few other spas and I didn't want any problems. I purchased the Swim Spa Trainer not only because of the features, but also because it would be therapeutic for me and my family. I've got a couple of medical conditions that it can help me out with.

The ThermoSpas team was also very thorough and helpful. They were right there. And it was the same with the installation team. Trying to add water to the spa is complicated though. I've had to call them out twice to help me with that. That aside, the pool spa is in great quality. I got what I paid for and I would definitely recommend ThermoSpas Swim Spas.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I'm an old man, broke down and I can hardly do nothing. I can't walk much and we figured that the swim spa would get me to move around a little bit. We got the Swim Spa Trainer. It has swim jets on one end of it and the massage chairs on the other end where we got the jets on them. I like it. It’s good. We get in there and it helps. Now, we're moving a little better. We've only missed two days being in it since we got it. The guy who set it up told me what to expect and how often we need to clean and take care of it. He showed me how everything worked. I've already recommended ThermoSpas Swim Spas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Swim Spas?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My wife loves to swim and we used to have a rectangular pool that was good for swimming laps. But for the last eight years, we’ve been in our third home and the pool here is a smaller, more decorative-shaped pool. My wife doesn’t get the exercise she once did. We talked about it and I asked her if she thought she would use a pool. She said she didn’t even know if she would like it. They’re pretty expensive and it was a good-sized gamble. We looked at several brands but after the gentleman from ThermoSpas came and talked to us, we felt that ThermoSpas was the route to go. We got the one that’s got all the bells and whistles.

They didn’t deliver the week that we thought they would though. It was two weeks late but the team has been very cooperative and I have but one regret. My wife is always taking care of the tools, like the testing. But she wasn’t there when they delivered it and the guy was very detailed. So I told him that I would like him to come back when I knew my wife would be there and do it over again. But I never heard from him again. I called the gentleman who sold it to us and he said it’s expensive to do that. He said that they’ve got great and professional people on the line who can answer the phone and walk us through that very well. But it’s not the same as having somebody out there to show her how to get that filter out like he did to me. It worked a lot and that’s the only thing that I wish we could still do.

We’ve enjoyed the pool a dozen times in the last five weeks, but there’s no swimming to speak of yet. We were hoping that we, or at least she, would get in some kind of repetition, to go out and swim at 6 o’clock every evening for 30 minutes. That hasn’t happened yet but our hopes are still up. The quality of the pool is good so far. It is steel all the way around and it’s a very strong structure. ThermoSpas has a great product.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We got the ThermoSpas Swim Spa Trainer to get more guests for our vacation rental. The installation involved having the spa taken over a two-story house and wires so that was exciting. I had to have access big enough from the front yard to the backyard and they did that very professionally. They also took my old tub, put it back on the flatbed truck and delivered that to my personal home from the vacation rental. That was very nice.

I really appreciated that when they set up the instructions, I was able to videotape with my phone how to make it work. It’s a complicated machine and it was really nice that the guy suggested that. That has also worked out really well for me in passing that information on to the other people that maintain the tub for me. But it would be really nice if they had a laminated copy of how to turn it on and clean it, a piece of paper that I can keep near the spa and not worry about getting wet because Xerox copies have a tendency to run. Once, I made a call to double check what to do when the water was slightly cloudy and the person I talked to assured me that doing shock would probably clean that out and we didn’t have to change the water.

The tub is pretty idiot-proof too. You just keep pushing buttons and certain things happen. The tub has been a good way for us to rent the property. We got several bookings in the last three weeks and I’ve got to give the spa credit. Also, it's quality is excellent. It's higher than the quality of the tub I had before. If you can afford it, go for it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I wanted a pool but I didn’t want the maintenance. We're only two people and I like that I can use the swim spa year-round. The Swim Spa Trainer was the biggest and we've used all of its features such as the swim portion and the lap portion. Also, I and other women sat around and we've done the therapy part. They have two seats in this particular model that are massaging jets. I really like the blower that provides resistance so that you can swim into it and stay stationary. The Swim Spa Trainer is also a little lap pool and I do a lot of physical therapy stuff in there too by the vacuum frame. It's good for me physically as it's medicative. I've had a rough few years and my current physical stance is the best.

The Swim Spa Trainer is a great entertainment. My 10-year-old daughter and I jump in it at night and have fun. It's 30-degrees out and it's fabulous. On Thanksgiving Day, I had my family in it and we had a blast, and on Christmas evening, I had some blocked time to have a spa. The Swim Spa Trainer is more expensive but I have people I can call at a moment's notice. The service has been fantastic whenever I have any difficulty or question. I live in Rhode Island and ThermoSpas is a Connecticut company, so I'm going to support them the best I can. I'm thrilled with the product, but I wish they could make a bigger one and add some features, and come up with a motorized cover. The pool has a cover, so the heat stays in and I don't have to worry about debris getting in the pool. The cover is very heavy and that's fine. But I can see myself if I’m swimming in it from my injury, I'd have a hell of a time using it.

The Swim Spa Trainer is self-cleaning, which is its best feature. I have other friends and family who've had different types of hot tubs and spas and maintenance is always a pain, but not for me. All I have to do is maintain the right chemical and weigh things down every now and again. When you have somebody paying $40,000 for something, more than likely he or she won’t mind paying another $5,000 to do an add-on feature that many people would take advantage of. There are people who would be willing to pay for it, like me. I had the money to put in an in-ground pool and I opted not to because of the maintenance. If somebody wants to deal with the joys of a pool, and not the size of a pool or the tech plan applications of a pool, ThermoSpas Swim Spas is the way to go. It's phenomenal.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

In October of 2009, we purchased the Aquacisor, the exercise hot tub from ThermoSpas. And since the day we purchased it, my son says we should have spent $10,000 more and get the swim spa. So, eight years have gone past, the kids have graduated from college, and have taken their masters, and then graduated from their masters. And now, I have some extra money. That's the reason we purchased the swim spa. Good thing, we know the product. My son understood the chemicals that go with it so we just felt it was a good purchase. And so I easily gave the hot tub to a friend of mine. Hopefully, one day he would install it.

So far, the tub works fine. I would highly recommend it to anybody who would get a hot tub. Additionally, while their technical staff is fine, I didn't like the attitude of some of the other people. But there's nothing you could do. Still, I like the product. It's not that hard to run and my electricity bill hasn't gone up so much. Thank God, I don’t have to watch every cent. So I will buy another swim spa and then take it to Maryland. As for the hot tub we had previously, we had to replace three out of the four pumps because they were overused. So, it's like my friend is getting almost a brand new hot tub.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I thought the swim spa would be a good exercise for my husband and the rest of our family could enjoy it too as it had a lot of seating. It was big enough without being a pool. We had looked at two other companies but one didn't have the seating. They didn't have a lot of the options such as the accessories like the lights and the Ozonator. Some of them were really just a big hot tub that didn’t even have the handles to hold on to. Also, ThermoSpas seemed to offer a better quality.

Their reps were very helpful in explaining everything when we purchased the swim spa but the installation had been a month later than I expected. That was my only disappointment. The people who installed it were great and everything was good. But the swim spa came with a cracked piece of fabricated wood on the trimming on the outside. The customer service reps handled it well but they sent me a replacement that also came cracked. So I called the company up and they sent me three more pieces. Aside from that, the cover on the swim spa was electric and self-opening so it would be easier if we didn’t have to open it. Plus, I thought it was going to open the other way and when you’re sitting, the two ends block your view.

I was also rushed to an explanation about how to operate everything. There was a lot of information and it seemed a little too quick for me to absorb the whole idea of how to run it and the chemicals to put in. They showed me how to get the basket out but it was so quick and by the time I had to do it, it had been months and I had forgotten. I called ThermoSpas up about the chemicals and the test for the proper chemicals and the guy I got out on the phone was so helpful. In fact, I kept his number. He walked me through really well for my level.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas Company Information