4.2/5 (20 ratings)

About ThermoSpas Swim Spas

ThermoSpas offers a variety of swim spa models; you can also design your own based on seating capacity and other features. Its swim spas are spacious and designed for entertainment, cardio and strength training, as well as post-workout relaxation. Its models come with jets for swimming and for massage.

Pros

• Free site inspection
  • Customization options
  • Ideal for aquatic exercise

Cons

• No in-person shopping or viewings

Bottom Line

ThermoSpas’ swim spas are spacious hot tubs with enough room for swimming. These spas are designed for both relaxation and exercise — one end has swim jets to create a current, and the other has massage jets.

Top ThermoSpas Swim Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… We did lot of research and ThermoSpas was just the best value for the money...Their service was all around and everything was very good… We made the right choice. I appreciate t...

Verified

We got the ThermoSpas Swim Spa Trainer to get more guests for our vacation rental… The tub has been a good way for us to rent the property. We got several bookings in the last thr...

About ThermoSpas swim spas

ThermoSpas’ swim spas offer the aquatic exercise benefits of a pool paired with the relaxation effects of a hot tub. On one end of its swim spas are potent jets, which create a steady current that lets you swim in place. The other end has ergonomic therapy seats that massage different muscle groups.

ThermoSpas models

ThermoSpas has four swim spa models:

• 12-foot (34 jets; seats nine to 12 adults): This model has ThermoFlex swim nozzles for stationary swimming and a SoftStride mat for added safety.
  • 14-foot (25 to 27 jets; seats five adults): The 14-foot model provides a powerful and adjustable swim current. Its buoyancy jets and stabilizing hip jets help you maintain a comfortable swimming position.
  • 17-foot (25 to 27 jets; seats five adults): This spa accommodates taller swimmers and those who want extra space. It includes two ergonomic therapy seats for massages as well as fully adjustable buoyancy and swim jets.
  • Aquacisor (38 to 67 jets; seats seven adults): This model offers a deeper tub and a variety of underwater resistance training options, including attachments for jogging, rowing and strength training.

ThermoSpas prices

ThermoSpa’s website doesn’t list prices, but swim spas typically cost between $10,000 and $50,000, depending on size and features. Customer reviews suggest ThermoSpas models run from $12,000 to $33,000; contact the company for a free quote and more information.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas FAQ

Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas operates primarily online and is headquartered in Connecticut. It has delivery staff and service stations all across the U.S.
Can you ship a ThermoSpas swim spa?
ThermoSpas doesn’t ship swim spas; a local service provider delivers and installs your spa for you.
Does ThermoSpas offer installation services?
ThermoSpas offers free site inspections with advice on the best and most cost-effective installation services in your area. The company itself doesn’t install swim spas.
Where can I purchase a ThermoSpas swim spa?
You can buy ThermoSpas’ swim spas directly from the manufacturer website.

Are ThermoSpas swim spas good?

ThermoSpas’ swim spas are ideal if you want aquatic exercise and relaxation benefits in one product. These spas are more compact than most pools and offer stationary swimming, ergonomic seats and massaging jets. They’re expensive but might be a good option for bundling exercise, relaxation and entertainment if they fit your budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Swim Spas?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I love my new spa. It's the perfect size and the temperatures are awesome. We're still waiting for the guy to get back to us about the ladder. Also, we're building a pergola around it to cover it so that we can not be under the sun so much. But it was difficult to find somebody with customer service to return our call or email. There was nobody that I could find at ThermoSpas that could help me. All I wanted to do was pay it down and find somebody who wanted to take my money. I found Bethany who asked me to just be her contact from now on so that I won't have this problem trying to get people to call me back. She said to me, “Listen, I'll just be your point of contact when it comes to paying it down. But as far as questions about your ThermoSpa, I'll try to track people down and have them call you."

At first, I started thinking maybe this is not a real company. It was putting me in a lot of anxiety thinking that I was paying down to a fraudulent company. But when I got in touch with Bethany, she assured me that that wasn't the case.

Get buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2022

The variety of settings and jets allows for a multitude of ways to enjoy the swimspa. The barbells that came with it are great for water resistant exercise. The swim noodle allows you to lie back and relax and drift with the flow of the jets. The seats provide many different levels of therapeutic pressure. I must add, my Thermospas agent, Simon, has been awesome. He came when the spa was delivered to assist in explaining all the features. He has not only been available to answer any questions, but even came over to assist helping me drain the spa. Above and beyond service!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I just recently put a deposit on a spa. Was told I had a 6.9% interest finance. When I receive all the paperwork it was 28.9%. When I tried to cancel they want to charge you 25% cancellation fee. Never was told about the cancellation fee.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas response

We apologize for any miscommunication regarding the financing and cancellation process. Our records show that a representative was able to further discuss this information with you, confirming the 6.9% rate as noted on your contract but you ultimately wished to not proceed. The information regarding the cancellation process can be found on the Terms and Conditions page of the contract as well. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback as an opportunity for us to make improvements.

Best Regards,

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: April 12, 2022

Our spa was ordered 10/10/2020 and due to Covid delivery was delayed. This we understood. Delivery was 6/28/2021 and we were misinformed on how to fill it, chemicals to use, and NO entry steps. We had a tear on the cover & a rusty exercise kit (they did replace both). The exercise mat lifts on one side (never addressed this). Since then it has been a "flo" issue. They have replace a part 3x and it's worse now than before. The spa makes jet engine sounds and heats itself beyond what we set. Example: we set to 92 degrees and it goes to 100 degrees. It takes at least 1-week or more for them to schedule, 30-days for a technician to come out. Now we get the runaround of "no one available at this time". We are frustrated and at our wits end with this. No reasonable solution has been given or offered.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas response

We sincerely apologize for the delay in repairing your Spa. We see a part was needed for repair and with the current supply chain shortages, it took some extra time to be delivered. Our records show the part has since been delivered and our Service Department has followed up with your local service technician and requested they contact you for scheduling, you should expect to hear from them soon. If you should have any further questions, please contact our Service Department directly at support@thermospas.com or by phone at 1-800-833-7727.

Sincerely,

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: June 2, 2021

We waited 8 months for delivery (2 months later than expected) for our 12’ SwimSpa. Thank you Covid! We were so excited to finally get it after all those months of anticipation. Finally, our SwimSpa was delivered, we filled it and began to enjoy it. That lasted a few short days as we soon discovered that the spa doesn’t hold water. We called to have it repaired and the service team found that some parts were needed to make the repair. We have been waiting now 3 months to receive all the needed parts.

We have called & emailed customer service multiple times to find out when we can expect delivery of the last needed part. Each time we were told that they have no power to help us because they don’t speak with the parts or shipping dept. and we are given no direction as to who we can contact. We are paying for a huge lemon with no hope of using it anytime soon. Next month will be a full year from the purchase of the spa and as far we are concerned, we still have no spa. It has been so difficult to get any help or information from ThermoSpas. No one is concerned about your satisfaction from beginning to end as all departments work solitarily. Heaven forbid you need to get any help or direction. But, they are happy to take your money! Unhappy Customer

ThermoSpas Swim Spas response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, as you may be aware, the Hot Tub industry has been experiencing an unprecedented surge in demand, as people are choosing to make the best of staying home and investing in their health and wellness. We at ThermoSpas are striving to meet this high demand while working through the resulting supply chain shortages that are ultimately causing delays in getting some parts needed to repair your Hot Tub. Additionally, we are facing challenges due to COVID safety regulations forcing reduced staffing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19; we are currently working on navigating ways to improve communication with customers and provide them with timelier updates including, hiring more staff remotely, creating automated updates and providing additional ways for customers to contact us.

Our Service Department is working on securing the part needed for your Hot Tub and will update you as soon as the part becomes available. You may contact our Service Department directly by emailing them at support@thermospas.com or calling 1-800-833-7727.

Best Regards,

Resolution response: April 2, 2020

This is an update to my previous review "Love my swim spa but product support is woefully inadequate". ThermoSpas contacted us to discuss our concerns and issues. They literally had a conference call with us and all of their department heads to brainstorm ways to address our issues. A technician was sent out to make the necessary changes and I couldn't be happier with the results. If I had any doubts about their customer service and product support, I do not anymore. They have gone above and beyond to make a fantastic product even better and have been quick to address all of our issues. I couldn't be happier with my ThermoSpas Swim Spa and the customer service and product support that we have received.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I love to swim, so I finally decided to pull the plug and buy a swim spa. We decided on a ThermoSpa Swim Spa because of the solid construction, warranty and ability to repair the unit relatively easy. The advertising stated that the unit could be configured with extra jets, but when the sales rep showed up, he said we had two options to choose from and it was not possible to customize the unit. Since this swim spa was newly developed, neither the sales rep nor the installer knew much about it. The sales rep provided us with erroneous information about the Diamond Package swim spa. If we had been provided with the correct information about the two models, we would have chosen the Diamond Package over the Platinum Package. We never received the information about it that was promised. It was delivered with a scratched panel and we never received a replacement panel.

No one from ThermoSpa ever contacted us to see if we were satisfied with the unit. The documentation that we did receive with it did not clearly explain how to use it - we just had to figure it out through trial and error. I love the unit and use it regularly, but I sure hope the company backs it up if anything ever goes wrong with it. To date, the product support could not be worse.

Ms. Kavanaugh,

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss your service needs. If there is anything we can do to help in the future please feel free to contact me directly.

Tom G.

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: July 16, 2018

I needed a deep swimming area for the type of exercises I have to do, so a regular hot tub wouldn’t work. We did lot of research and ThermoSpas was just the best value for the money, the best service and was what I needed. Their reps came to the house so I was able to talk to them personally. They looked at the backyard and tested the patio to make sure it was gonna work for that weight. Their service was all around and everything was very good. We bought one of their products that was just in the warehouse but it had everything that we wanted in it, so it worked out perfectly. We got it for physical therapy as it has a range of things for us to be able to do, like swimming, having water therapy and doing exercises. We absolutely love it. It should last for years and years. We made the right choice. I appreciate their service and their responsiveness. Also, when there was a part that hadn’t come yet, they sent it right away.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I've been wanting a swim spa for six years. I had my apartment and I was like, "Okay, I'm gonna get me a swim spa." Then I got my house built and finally, I made the decision that I can afford it. And the reason I was gonna get one is because I have Crohn's and I have really bad arthritis. That helps me where I can work out in the spa, because I can't jog and lift weight anymore and I can do that in the water.

I told ThermoSpas' reps what I wanted and they delivered. I paid half in the beginning and the rest of the half when it was all finished. And the guys that delivered were great. They were very knowledgeable as far as what they were doing. The spa is too big for them, but they did really well. They had to take it and put it upright and they brought it over my house. They put it down where it was supposed to be and they were perfect. I got the largest one and it seats seven. When you sit down in the seats, it vibrates and it starts from your neck all the way down. Also, I can't go in the ocean but in the spa, I can swim in it. I have everything done in all in one.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My wife and I went online and took a look at different swim spas. We stumbled on ThermoSpas and then we decided to get a price and have a salesman come out and explain what ThermoSpas is all about. And we were impressed with the presentation. We were also impressed with how sturdy the spa is built and the warranty. It was a big gulp as far as the cost but we got a swim spa with all the bells and whistles on it. Their delivery team was outstanding as well. They had our 7 x 14, 3000 pound spa hoisted over the house in a very large machine and they set it down. That process was quite amazing and it brought a few of the neighbors out to look at it. The whole team was extremely friendly and they explained everything.

We had the spa installed on a Thursday and the electrician came out the next day. He hooked it up and we've been using it ever since. However, there were a lot of buttons to push on this swim spa and the operating manual isn't as specific in some areas in explaining. So I called the customer service and the sales reps and I talked to a fellow in Connecticut. He was very helpful and very detailed. My salesman has talked to him a few times about some issues just to clarify and he has always been available. I've had a good experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I wanted some recreation in my home and I always wanted to purchase a pool home. Since I don't have one, I chose to purchase a pool spa instead. ThermoSpas was accessible and once the salesman explained it to me, I was absolute in choosing that particular brand because it seemed reliable and safe. I had read up on a few other spas and I didn't want any problems. I purchased the Swim Spa Trainer not only because of the features, but also because it would be therapeutic for me and my family. I've got a couple of medical conditions that it can help me out with.

The ThermoSpas team was also very thorough and helpful. They were right there. And it was the same with the installation team. Trying to add water to the spa is complicated though. I've had to call them out twice to help me with that. That aside, the pool spa is in great quality. I got what I paid for and I would definitely recommend ThermoSpas Swim Spas.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas Company Information