Get a Quote

2. Homeowners
  3. Swim Spas

4.5/5 (16 ratings)

About ThermoSpas Swim Spas

ThermoSpas offers a variety of swim spa models; you can also design your own based on seating capacity and other features. Its swim spas are spacious and designed for entertainment, cardio and strength training, as well as post-workout relaxation. Its models come with jets for swimming and for massage.

Pros

• Free site inspection
  • Customization options
  • Ideal for aquatic exercise

Cons

• No in-person shopping or viewings

Bottom Line

ThermoSpas’ swim spas are spacious hot tubs with enough room for swimming. These spas are designed for both relaxation and exercise — one end has swim jets to create a current, and the other has massage jets.

Top ThermoSpas Swim Spas Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… We did lot of research and ThermoSpas was just the best value for the money...Their service was all around and everything was very good… We made the right choice. I appreciate t...

Verified

We got the ThermoSpas Swim Spa Trainer to get more guests for our vacation rental… The tub has been a good way for us to rent the property. We got several bookings in the last thr...

About ThermoSpas swim spas

ThermoSpas’ swim spas offer the aquatic exercise benefits of a pool paired with the relaxation effects of a hot tub. On one end of its swim spas are potent jets, which create a steady current that lets you swim in place. The other end has ergonomic therapy seats that massage different muscle groups.

ThermoSpas models

ThermoSpas has four swim spa models:

• 12-foot (34 jets; seats nine to 12 adults): This model has ThermoFlex swim nozzles for stationary swimming and a SoftStride mat for added safety.
  • 14-foot (25 to 27 jets; seats five adults): The 14-foot model provides a powerful and adjustable swim current. Its buoyancy jets and stabilizing hip jets help you maintain a comfortable swimming position.
  • 17-foot (25 to 27 jets; seats five adults): This spa accommodates taller swimmers and those who want extra space. It includes two ergonomic therapy seats for massages as well as fully adjustable buoyancy and swim jets.
  • Aquacisor (38 to 67 jets; seats seven adults): This model offers a deeper tub and a variety of underwater resistance training options, including attachments for jogging, rowing and strength training.

ThermoSpas prices

ThermoSpa’s website doesn’t list prices, but swim spas typically cost between $10,000 and $50,000, depending on size and features. Customer reviews suggest ThermoSpas models run from $12,000 to $33,000; contact the company for a free quote and more information.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas FAQ

Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas operates primarily online and is headquartered in Connecticut. It has delivery staff and service stations all across the U.S.
Can you ship a ThermoSpas swim spa?
ThermoSpas doesn’t ship swim spas; a local service provider delivers and installs your spa for you.
Does ThermoSpas offer installation services?
ThermoSpas offers free site inspections with advice on the best and most cost-effective installation services in your area. The company itself doesn’t install swim spas.
Where can I purchase a ThermoSpas swim spa?
You can buy ThermoSpas’ swim spas directly from the manufacturer website.

Are ThermoSpas swim spas good?

ThermoSpas’ swim spas are ideal if you want aquatic exercise and relaxation benefits in one product. These spas are more compact than most pools and offer stationary swimming, ergonomic seats and massaging jets. They’re expensive but might be a good option for bundling exercise, relaxation and entertainment if they fit your budget.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Swim Spas?

Original review: June 2, 2021

We waited 8 months for delivery (2 months later than expected) for our 12’ SwimSpa. Thank you Covid! We were so excited to finally get it after all those months of anticipation. Finally, our SwimSpa was delivered, we filled it and began to enjoy it. That lasted a few short days as we soon discovered that the spa doesn’t hold water. We called to have it repaired and the service team found that some parts were needed to make the repair. We have been waiting now 3 months to receive all the needed parts.

We have called & emailed customer service multiple times to find out when we can expect delivery of the last needed part. Each time we were told that they have no power to help us because they don’t speak with the parts or shipping dept. and we are given no direction as to who we can contact. We are paying for a huge lemon with no hope of using it anytime soon. Next month will be a full year from the purchase of the spa and as far we are concerned, we still have no spa. It has been so difficult to get any help or information from ThermoSpas. No one is concerned about your satisfaction from beginning to end as all departments work solitarily. Heaven forbid you need to get any help or direction. But, they are happy to take your money! Unhappy Customer

ThermoSpas Swim Spas response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, as you may be aware, the Hot Tub industry has been experiencing an unprecedented surge in demand, as people are choosing to make the best of staying home and investing in their health and wellness. We at ThermoSpas are striving to meet this high demand while working through the resulting supply chain shortages that are ultimately causing delays in getting some parts needed to repair your Hot Tub. Additionally, we are facing challenges due to COVID safety regulations forcing reduced staffing to help reduce the spread of COVID-19; we are currently working on navigating ways to improve communication with customers and provide them with timelier updates including, hiring more staff remotely, creating automated updates and providing additional ways for customers to contact us.

Our Service Department is working on securing the part needed for your Hot Tub and will update you as soon as the part becomes available. You may contact our Service Department directly by emailing them at support@thermospas.com or calling 1-800-833-7727.

Best Regards,

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Get buying tips about Swim Spas delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: April 2, 2020

This is an update to my previous review "Love my swim spa but product support is woefully inadequate". ThermoSpas contacted us to discuss our concerns and issues. They literally had a conference call with us and all of their department heads to brainstorm ways to address our issues. A technician was sent out to make the necessary changes and I couldn't be happier with the results. If I had any doubts about their customer service and product support, I do not anymore. They have gone above and beyond to make a fantastic product even better and have been quick to address all of our issues. I couldn't be happier with my ThermoSpas Swim Spa and the customer service and product support that we have received.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I love to swim, so I finally decided to pull the plug and buy a swim spa. We decided on a ThermoSpa Swim Spa because of the solid construction, warranty and ability to repair the unit relatively easy. The advertising stated that the unit could be configured with extra jets, but when the sales rep showed up, he said we had two options to choose from and it was not possible to customize the unit. Since this swim spa was newly developed, neither the sales rep nor the installer knew much about it. The sales rep provided us with erroneous information about the Diamond Package swim spa. If we had been provided with the correct information about the two models, we would have chosen the Diamond Package over the Platinum Package. We never received the information about it that was promised. It was delivered with a scratched panel and we never received a replacement panel.

No one from ThermoSpa ever contacted us to see if we were satisfied with the unit. The documentation that we did receive with it did not clearly explain how to use it - we just had to figure it out through trial and error. I love the unit and use it regularly, but I sure hope the company backs it up if anything ever goes wrong with it. To date, the product support could not be worse.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas response

Ms. Kavanaugh,

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss your service needs. If there is anything we can do to help in the future please feel free to contact me directly.

Tom G.

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: July 16, 2018

I needed a deep swimming area for the type of exercises I have to do, so a regular hot tub wouldn’t work. We did lot of research and ThermoSpas was just the best value for the money, the best service and was what I needed. Their reps came to the house so I was able to talk to them personally. They looked at the backyard and tested the patio to make sure it was gonna work for that weight. Their service was all around and everything was very good. We bought one of their products that was just in the warehouse but it had everything that we wanted in it, so it worked out perfectly. We got it for physical therapy as it has a range of things for us to be able to do, like swimming, having water therapy and doing exercises. We absolutely love it. It should last for years and years. We made the right choice. I appreciate their service and their responsiveness. Also, when there was a part that hadn’t come yet, they sent it right away.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I've been wanting a swim spa for six years. I had my apartment and I was like, "Okay, I'm gonna get me a swim spa." Then I got my house built and finally, I made the decision that I can afford it. And the reason I was gonna get one is because I have Crohn's and I have really bad arthritis. That helps me where I can work out in the spa, because I can't jog and lift weight anymore and I can do that in the water.

I told ThermoSpas' reps what I wanted and they delivered. I paid half in the beginning and the rest of the half when it was all finished. And the guys that delivered were great. They were very knowledgeable as far as what they were doing. The spa is too big for them, but they did really well. They had to take it and put it upright and they brought it over my house. They put it down where it was supposed to be and they were perfect. I got the largest one and it seats seven. When you sit down in the seats, it vibrates and it starts from your neck all the way down. Also, I can't go in the ocean but in the spa, I can swim in it. I have everything done in all in one.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My wife and I went online and took a look at different swim spas. We stumbled on ThermoSpas and then we decided to get a price and have a salesman come out and explain what ThermoSpas is all about. And we were impressed with the presentation. We were also impressed with how sturdy the spa is built and the warranty. It was a big gulp as far as the cost but we got a swim spa with all the bells and whistles on it. Their delivery team was outstanding as well. They had our 7 x 14, 3000 pound spa hoisted over the house in a very large machine and they set it down. That process was quite amazing and it brought a few of the neighbors out to look at it. The whole team was extremely friendly and they explained everything.

We had the spa installed on a Thursday and the electrician came out the next day. He hooked it up and we've been using it ever since. However, there were a lot of buttons to push on this swim spa and the operating manual isn't as specific in some areas in explaining. So I called the customer service and the sales reps and I talked to a fellow in Connecticut. He was very helpful and very detailed. My salesman has talked to him a few times about some issues just to clarify and he has always been available. I've had a good experience.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I wanted some recreation in my home and I always wanted to purchase a pool home. Since I don't have one, I chose to purchase a pool spa instead. ThermoSpas was accessible and once the salesman explained it to me, I was absolute in choosing that particular brand because it seemed reliable and safe. I had read up on a few other spas and I didn't want any problems. I purchased the Swim Spa Trainer not only because of the features, but also because it would be therapeutic for me and my family. I've got a couple of medical conditions that it can help me out with.

The ThermoSpas team was also very thorough and helpful. They were right there. And it was the same with the installation team. Trying to add water to the spa is complicated though. I've had to call them out twice to help me with that. That aside, the pool spa is in great quality. I got what I paid for and I would definitely recommend ThermoSpas Swim Spas.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I'm an old man, broke down and I can hardly do nothing. I can't walk much and we figured that the swim spa would get me to move around a little bit. We got the Swim Spa Trainer. It has swim jets on one end of it and the massage chairs on the other end where we got the jets on them. I like it. It’s good. We get in there and it helps. Now, we're moving a little better. We've only missed two days being in it since we got it. The guy who set it up told me what to expect and how often we need to clean and take care of it. He showed me how everything worked. I've already recommended ThermoSpas Swim Spas.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We got the ThermoSpas Swim Spa Trainer to get more guests for our vacation rental. The installation involved having the spa taken over a two-story house and wires so that was exciting. I had to have access big enough from the front yard to the backyard and they did that very professionally. They also took my old tub, put it back on the flatbed truck and delivered that to my personal home from the vacation rental. That was very nice.

I really appreciated that when they set up the instructions, I was able to videotape with my phone how to make it work. It’s a complicated machine and it was really nice that the guy suggested that. That has also worked out really well for me in passing that information on to the other people that maintain the tub for me. But it would be really nice if they had a laminated copy of how to turn it on and clean it, a piece of paper that I can keep near the spa and not worry about getting wet because Xerox copies have a tendency to run. Once, I made a call to double check what to do when the water was slightly cloudy and the person I talked to assured me that doing shock would probably clean that out and we didn’t have to change the water.

The tub is pretty idiot-proof too. You just keep pushing buttons and certain things happen. The tub has been a good way for us to rent the property. We got several bookings in the last three weeks and I’ve got to give the spa credit. Also, it's quality is excellent. It's higher than the quality of the tub I had before. If you can afford it, go for it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My wife loves to swim and we used to have a rectangular pool that was good for swimming laps. But for the last eight years, we’ve been in our third home and the pool here is a smaller, more decorative-shaped pool. My wife doesn’t get the exercise she once did. We talked about it and I asked her if she thought she would use a pool. She said she didn’t even know if she would like it. They’re pretty expensive and it was a good-sized gamble. We looked at several brands but after the gentleman from ThermoSpas came and talked to us, we felt that ThermoSpas was the route to go. We got the one that’s got all the bells and whistles.

They didn’t deliver the week that we thought they would though. It was two weeks late but the team has been very cooperative and I have but one regret. My wife is always taking care of the tools, like the testing. But she wasn’t there when they delivered it and the guy was very detailed. So I told him that I would like him to come back when I knew my wife would be there and do it over again. But I never heard from him again. I called the gentleman who sold it to us and he said it’s expensive to do that. He said that they’ve got great and professional people on the line who can answer the phone and walk us through that very well. But it’s not the same as having somebody out there to show her how to get that filter out like he did to me. It worked a lot and that’s the only thing that I wish we could still do.

We’ve enjoyed the pool a dozen times in the last five weeks, but there’s no swimming to speak of yet. We were hoping that we, or at least she, would get in some kind of repetition, to go out and swim at 6 o’clock every evening for 30 minutes. That hasn’t happened yet but our hopes are still up. The quality of the pool is good so far. It is steel all the way around and it’s a very strong structure. ThermoSpas has a great product.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I wanted a pool but I didn’t want the maintenance. We're only two people and I like that I can use the swim spa year-round. The Swim Spa Trainer was the biggest and we've used all of its features such as the swim portion and the lap portion. Also, I and other women sat around and we've done the therapy part. They have two seats in this particular model that are massaging jets. I really like the blower that provides resistance so that you can swim into it and stay stationary. The Swim Spa Trainer is also a little lap pool and I do a lot of physical therapy stuff in there too by the vacuum frame. It's good for me physically as it's medicative. I've had a rough few years and my current physical stance is the best.

The Swim Spa Trainer is a great entertainment. My 10-year-old daughter and I jump in it at night and have fun. It's 30-degrees out and it's fabulous. On Thanksgiving Day, I had my family in it and we had a blast, and on Christmas evening, I had some blocked time to have a spa. The Swim Spa Trainer is more expensive but I have people I can call at a moment's notice. The service has been fantastic whenever I have any difficulty or question. I live in Rhode Island and ThermoSpas is a Connecticut company, so I'm going to support them the best I can. I'm thrilled with the product, but I wish they could make a bigger one and add some features, and come up with a motorized cover. The pool has a cover, so the heat stays in and I don't have to worry about debris getting in the pool. The cover is very heavy and that's fine. But I can see myself if I’m swimming in it from my injury, I'd have a hell of a time using it.

The Swim Spa Trainer is self-cleaning, which is its best feature. I have other friends and family who've had different types of hot tubs and spas and maintenance is always a pain, but not for me. All I have to do is maintain the right chemical and weigh things down every now and again. When you have somebody paying $40,000 for something, more than likely he or she won’t mind paying another $5,000 to do an add-on feature that many people would take advantage of. There are people who would be willing to pay for it, like me. I had the money to put in an in-ground pool and I opted not to because of the maintenance. If somebody wants to deal with the joys of a pool, and not the size of a pool or the tech plan applications of a pool, ThermoSpas Swim Spas is the way to go. It's phenomenal.

ThermoSpas Swim Spas Company Information