2. Miscellaneous

Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt Smokehouses?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

On September 4th, 2020 I'm reading the manual and I could not find a troubleshooting procedure to get the smoker running again at the time we needed it at this moment. The unit was used twice, always garaged, kept out of the elements until used outside on two nice days. During a cook not even half way to completion the unit stopped working, no heat from the element no display on the digital control panel and no help from customer service. We were having a family party serving ribs, chicken, sausages and roasts in which all this meat had to be evacuated from the unit and finished inside in our home oven which created a big inconvenience in preparing the food in time for the gathering minus the smoky flavor.

I needed the procedure on finding which part stopped the unit from working. Customer service was no help, said the unit out of warranty, try replacing these parts and see if that works. Well thanks for the advice when you don’t have the parts in stock and why should I be guessing which one of these parts that are non refundable I should purchase, and why does or did this unit stopped working after the second use. So today we are sitting on a dead unit taking up garage space and still no answer for the manufacture.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with the smoker. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

We bought a smoker at the store, noticed 1 of the handles was broken. Ordered 1 online-they sent an Allen wrench. Didn't have a valid phone number and when we emailed, an auto generated response said email address for customer support wasn't monitored.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with making a claim through our website. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I got my smoker about a year ago. Used it about 4 times. Now it shows an error code and will not work at all. I have been trying to contact customer service due to the virus. Can't get any help. I didn't know you can get the virus on the phone. I guess I will have to junk this one! I will not buy anything with Masterbuilt on it again. And my smoker has never been outside. I have it in my shop with fans to vent the smoke.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that the smoker is not functioning as expected. Our call center has been closed and our staff is currently working remotely so we can remain safe during COVID-19. We appreciate your patience during this time. A private message will be sent so we can further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Last weekend my smoker just stopped working. When I turn it on I get an a code and then it shuts off. I had 8lbs of chicken wings I was to cook for a party that I was unable to cook, which inevitably had to be thrown away. I email Masterbuilt, because well that's the only option given to me. I received a automated response saying that I would hear back within 5 business days. I am now on business day 10, and still no response and still no use of my Masterbuilt. I have only had this product for 3 months. I am so upset and disappointed that I cannot get anyone to help me whatsoever. No one can tell me why these codes are popping up, even their app was rated poorly!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with the smoker. We will be happy to assist you with further troubleshooting so we can get your unit smoking again. A private message will be sent so we can provide better support.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I used the smoker one time and on the second use the control panel no longer worked. I figured out the power cord transformer was bad and it needed to be replaced. Their website does not list a phone number. You only can contact by Masterbuilt email. They promise to contact you in 3-5 business day. I sent in a warranty request on 9/6, it is now 9/24 and now response past the auto response on 9/6. I can't use my brand new $900 grill and no response from the company. I would not buy from them again. I hope I get my grill to work.

Good morning Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear it has not been a positive one. All phone service has been suspended as our team works remotely to ensure their safety and are still available through the web form. Please note, cases are handled in the order received and additional messages will mark a case new, moving it to the end of the queue. We want to make sure you are taken care of as quickly as possible. A private message will be sent to gain more information.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I bought the Smoker (Serial FY111952) on May 24, 2020. Within 2 months:

- Power switch cover on the control panel has cracked.
      - Door Open Sensor on front of the grill has burned out and the control panel only reads "Door Open" and the thermostat doesn't work.
      - Cover for the smoker has totally faded from black to light grey and the eyelets have rusted.

- Rotisserie will only rotate 5-10 degrees in one direction and then return 5-10 degrees.

The concept of the smoker is fantastic, but there has been no response to my on-line "Contact Us" posting. The excuse of not answering phones due to COVID is old, there is no reason not to have Customer Service working phones and/or responding to service submissions. All I want is the replace the "door switch", replace the "control panel", replace the rotisserie motor and replace the cover. All of these are only a few months old. Masterbuilt, please do the right thing. **

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our products. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Multiple case submissions or responses can delay our response time. Please be sure to include pictures of the components and the proof or purchase for warranty claims. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this process.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Do not buy a Masterbuilt electric smoker. It's bad enough that a product that costs a couple of hundred dollars lasts less than 2 years with only approximately 20 uses, but there is absolutely no customer service.

1. Call them and no one answers. Blaming it on Covid even though other companies have figured out how to service their customers.
      2. Fill out the online form as requested and get an automated response that they will respond in 5 business days. Two weeks later nothing.
      3. Go to their Facebook page and start complaining. Response is to give them my ticket number and they will have someone respond. Get an email response asking me to explain the problem - which is what I entered on the original complaint.
      4. And now absolutely nothing from them.

Buy another product that lasts and actually provides customer service if you do have a problem.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the unit. Response time can be delayed if multiple case are submitted or multiple responses. Also, please make sure that all contact information is correct so we can respond accordingly. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

In June of 2020 I ordered 2-replacement burner tubes for my Smokehouse smoker. When I received them they were wrong and would not work on my smoker. I contacted customer service the next day. Never heard back until late July a month later. The rep. Stated he placed an order for the correct parts. When I received it, I opened it just to find a door handle when I had ordered 2- burner tubes. I reboxed the two wrong burner tubes and the door handle and sent them back. It has now been around 2 weeks and have not heard back from them. They got my money this time. But I will never buy anything from them again.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for reviewing our product and for your feedback on your recent experience with customer service. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delayed response. Please make sure when you create a case that you are not responding multiple times or creating duplicate cases as this will cause a delayed response. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

We used the smoker one time and it never got over 200 degrees and since then it does not heat up over 150 degrees. At this time MasterBuilt call center closed and when you send an email it states they will answer within 5 business day. It has been over two weeks and there has not been any correspondence. I would be okay even if it was an email stating that they are behind and will get back to me in 4-6 weeks. We were so excited to use it and now it is just a decoration until we can get the parts to fix it.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the smoker. When using the smoker, please only using an extension cord of 10 feet maximum. For faster response, please create one case and response as we answer in the order in which they are received. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I purchased the Masterbuilt Electric smoker in 2019, the day before Thanksgiving, to smoke a small turkey. It worked out OK but I noticed that the temperature kept going way up. NOTHING that I have cooked since then has been as it should be, the gauge is electric digital, and you cannot tell what number it’s showing! Please spare me about cleaning the gauge. That’s is not the problem. Masterbuilt is not paying attention to their consumers, selling us trash. So anyone reading this, if you are thinking about buying a smoker from this Masterbuilt? I am going to honestly say don’t do it, they do not respect or honor our money, because if they did they would not have so many people on here saying the same thing about their smokers not working. I see through your “I’m sorry and” just lies.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for reviewing our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a resolution. We would recommend disconnecting the digital control panel to allow the component to reset. If this does not resolve the issue, please create a warranty claim so we are able to further assist you.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Company Information