Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses

1.6/5 (465 ratings)

About Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt Smokehouses?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I purchased a Masterbuilt electric smoker through Walmart.com not quite 2 years ago. We had been happy with its performance until recently. The control panel is on and the temperature shows 93. Unfortunately, I can't adjust it. I looked at the manual and it said to call customer service at 800-489-1581, but all you get there is a message telling you that all issues are handled online and would be responded to in 24 hours. So I went to the Masterbuilt website. They have a "chat" option but it's all automated, pre-ordained questions. My issue was a bit different than the options given. So I submitted a claim through their website following their instructions. I received an email back with a claim number telling me they would respond within 5 days, (different than what the phone message says). It's now been 7 days, and despite 2 followups, I've still heard NOTHING! I'd like to know if it's fixable (within reason) or if I need to move on, but all I get is CRICKETS.

Doug,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very sorry to hear you have not been provided with an update. We are sending over a private message so we are able to assist!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I purchased a brand new smoker on August 8th and have used it twice. The first run-in and use went well. The temperature was controlled well to a degree or two for 10 to 12 hours. Adjusting the time and temperature through the stall worked well and was uneventful. On the second use, the smoker came up to temperature quickly, but after half an hour, the temperature button would only turn the power off instead of allowing us to adjust the temperature and the unit wouldn't run. We would turn on power, press the temperature button and the unit would go dark. Turning on the power and setting the time worked fine but then pressing the temperature button would turn the unit off. We tried unplugging the power and reconnecting to perhaps "reset" but it still didn't allow us to set the temperature.

I’ve gone back to take pictures that are required for the Masterbuilt “Contact Us” page for In-Warranty issues and the unit will not turn on at all. I checked the circuit breaker and tried a different indoor outlet that I had just used and both are fine, but the smoker will not start.

Robert,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sending over a private message to gather a bit more information so we are able to assist.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I purchased a Masterbuilt Gravity 560 smoker & grill around 7-8 months ago max.. I will be %100 honest, I've had many many issues with this product but even then I was still in love with it up until when I realized how bad of a customer service these guys have. My orders have been delayed and some have never arrived even which I did not care but they did the same thing with my warranty parts and waited until the LAST 14th day to ship the parts.

Oh I said warranty parts even though my grill is a bit older than half a year:) Do you know why? Because these grills start falling apart on the 1st or 2nd time you use.. Believe it or not, I started seeing issues on my 2nd time grilling and those issues never ended!!!! I am still struggling with a leaking oil from the bottom issue, almost all door/lid sensors already failed, the rotisserie motor I purchased also stopped working on the 3rd time I use. I am filing a small claims case today in CA to get my money back and get rid of this BBQ. I loved this BBQ and would face all the issues if there was a just a bit support from the customer service BUT customer service is falling apart as well, worse than their product. So, long story short, stay away from this brand!!!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are very sorry to hear you are not satisfied. You will receive a private message requesting further information so we are able to assist.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 31, 2022

Purchased this smoker as a Christmas present for my father and I am very regretful I didn’t spend the extra money and buy something from a reputable company. First time using it was in the spring, temperature was about 15c here in Canada so I had low expectations of it reaching the desired temp. It did ok for a couple hours until the evening when it started to get cool out, so I unplugged it and put it away until summertime.

I just broke it out today to smoke some beef cheeks, beautiful sunny afternoon 28c weather, smoker did ok for about an hour and then I noticed it drop down to 170f (temp was set to the max, 275f). I played around with the thing for a half hour, unplugging it and plugging it back in, took the digital control off to see if anything was shorted, I did notice moisture in the control box but everything else looked ok.

I was at a standstill, I figured I’d plug it back in and if it maintained 170f I would just have to work with what I’ve got….but then again 20 minutes later the temp was reading 300f but nothing was working, opened the door and it’s the same as the ambient temperature outside. So here I am with a $300 boat anchor that I didn’t even get to use for one full smoke. After reading deeper into this company it’s nothing but problems as a result of cheaply sourced parts. Stay away from this company and buy a good quality charcoal smoker, it’ll save you the headache from this cheap junk.

Hello Cody,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We do apologize for the inconveniences this has caused. We would like to gather a bit more information to begin your claim. We will be sending over a private message for further assistance.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Received an electric Masterbuilt smoker as a gift from my kids on Father's Day 2021. Tried to use it for the first time about a month ago and it kept tripping the circuit breaker. Also the control panel plastic had fallen off the front of the smoker. Tried different extension cords and different outlets but the same thing kept happening.

Contacted customer service through digital chat, since they do not have a live person and was told that it needed a new element. I had previously registered this unit online when I received it, but they said they couldn't find an email associated with the registration. After 20 minutes of chats they said I could reorder the element but that they had discontinued making the control panel part. My question to them was if I get the element fixed how will I be able to program the unit if the control panel is inoperative. I have requested a new smoker, but I know how this will end. Please, please, if you listen to anything I've just said, do not buy from this Company. If you read the other reviews associated with this Company you should be able to tell that you're wasting your money.

Donald,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you have experienced this issue. We are sending over a private message so we are able to further assist.

Original review: July 4, 2022

About a month ago, we drove for an hour to Bass Pro Shop to purchase a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. The salesperson bragged about how it would get up to 400 degrees and we could bake a pie in there. It never exceeded 200 degrees so we had to drive all the way back to return it. We tried purchasing another Electric Masterbuilt Smoker near our home for a little more money to give it another try, but once again it never heated above 200 degrees so we returned it. We are having company today for the 4th of July and really wanted a smoker, so we purchased a charcoal Masterbuilt smoker for over $500 from Home Depot yesterday, it worked thru the 1st cure process, but now during the 2nd cure process, the fan turns off at 250 degrees and stops smoking! Now we have to return this smoker and will not be able to entertain our guests today the way we had planned. This company is a complete scam.

Hello Tina,

We are very sorry to hear you have experienced this issue. We are sending you a private message to assist.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I actually think this company is a scam. I don't know what their problem is but in 2022 in America it shouldn't take up to 14... more like 30 days to pull a part off a shelf, Box it, label it and ship it! That should be done within the 1st 48 hours of an order. I have been waiting over 3 weeks for a part to ship!! I don't know if I will get the regulator to work my broken barbecue before the summer's over. Customer service is non existent, there is no phone number that will let you speak to any human. I have emailed them for help 4 times with ZERO RESPONSE. I feel the only choice is to call my bank and report fraud. Report them to BBB and write more bad reviews, so hopefully people don't buy anything from MASTERBUILT! Their name should be MASTER**!

Dear Kc,

We are very sorry to hear you have experienced this issue. We are sending over a private message to gather more information so we are able to assist.

Resolution response: June 22, 2022

I'm not asking for anything but the product I paid for, it took 15 business days (exactly 4 weeks) for someone to find a small heating element, box it up, and slap a label on it, during which time I forfeited entrance fees to two local bbq competitions because my main smoker was broke down. If it goes down again I am unlikely to purchase another Masterbuilt product simply for the fact that obtaining replacement parts takes so long. Thanks for getting the heating element shipped out.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I have a 36" electric smoker made by masterbuilt. The heating element has gone out and rather than tossing it out and spending the $2-300 on a new one I elected to order a part that the Masterbuilt website says it is in stock. What you don't find out until after you have placed your order is that you're going to have to be in communication with someone at their website every week until they ship your product. I am past the 3 week mark and my heating element still has not even been pulled off of the shelf. The only thing that customer service will tell me is that it can take up to 14 business days to ship, well today is day 13 and it hasn't moved. I will never buy another product from Masterbuilt, my experience with their support staff has been terrible, they repeat themselves as it if were completely scripted.

Dear Davis,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sending over a private message to gather more information so we are able to assist.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Bought a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker from Lowe's in April of 2023, in the box I was shipped the wrong brackets, and the body was dented. I emailed Masterbuilt support and never got a response. After following up 3 times in that month of May, I finally got a rude response, to which they asked for me to review the manual and select the part from a "attached" manual, which they didn't attach... then told me to open another case, after asking for that again, and following up a day later that said open a new case. I've spent over a month trying to get resolution of my issue. Also worth mentioning, online support is only how Masterbuilt communicates, despite having a customer service number, which just directs you to the website. The bottom line is, if you want a mediocre smoker and poor support, I can fully vouch Masterbuilt delivers on that.

Dear Luis,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sending over a private message to gather further information so we are able to assist.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Recently received as a gift and the control panel does not work properly and never did. They no longer have this product and say no replacement parts. Less than one year old. Buy any other brand except from this company.

Hello Ray,

We are very sorry to hear you have experienced this issue. We will be sending you a private message so we are able to assist.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Company Information