Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses

1.6/5 (456 ratings)

About Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt Smokehouses?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt?

Original review: July 23, 2021

I ordered the electric smoker. It came damaged. There is a gash/dent on the side..Very unsightly. I contacted Masterbuilt and was emailed that the damage would not affect the performance. They will not replace it. I did not get an owner's manual..They refuse to send one. I emailed them I am very unhappy with the quality of service. I have a damaged smoker and no owner's manual. I regret this purchase and will tell friends and family not to use or buy Masterbuilt.

Dear Judith,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. We will be sending a private message to further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: June 17, 2021

I received the 230s for my birthday on 5/9/21. I unboxed it all and all the parts were there except for the temp gauge. I contacted support and was given a 1 month wait on the gauge. Case **. Still no gauge smoker. Unusable.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear this unit was missing the temperature gauge. We will be private messaging you for more information to further investigate.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I bought a Cabellas Masterbuilt electric smoker model 20071115 in September of 2019, to replace my last Masterbuilt Smoker I had for over 15 years. I have not used it much because I was at my lake house most of 2020 and winters in Chicago prevent usage during several of those months. I liked this smoker, so I bought the same one around June of 2020 for the lake house. On June 10, 2021, the one I bought in 2019 quit working - it needs a new controller. Masterbuilt discontinued this model and does not make parts for it - on a model I bought last year at Cabellas.

Customer service told me to look for the part online and it's not available. When I responded to their email with that information, they quit communicating with me. Based on them not supporting their products and other reviews about customer service stopping the communication, my next smoker will not be a Masterbuilt. I will make sure my friends and family get my reviews as well. I will also be contacting Cabellas to let them know they are buying from a vendor that does not support their products with their name on it. It reflects on if I will buy other products from Cabellas.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sending a private message for more information to further investigate this case.

Original review: May 3, 2021

This item worked ok at first then failed to generate sufficient heat to cook things in the expected time. Won't hold or recover heat, won't generate much smoke unless the temp setting is maxed out. I probably used it less than a dozen times before I noticed that it was failing. Performance just decreased until it's now nearly useless. It was a gift so I have no registration data and feel like I am just being ignored. I have made two requests for assistance and hear nothing.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay in your support ticket. We will be sending you a private message so we can further assist you.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I bought my MB Electric Smokehouse about 7 yrs. ago. The wood chip tray finally failed. I ordered a new one and it didn’t fit. Sent it back and it took weeks to get a refund. Paid shipping twice! Customer service never even offered to send the correct part. Shouldn’t have had to pay for shipping the wrong part. Can no longer recommend Masterbuilt.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience and we will be happy to take a look into this. We will send a private response so we are able to further assist you.

CS

Original review: April 15, 2021

Bought the MWG600B in May of 2019, and it has worked well for about a year. I started it up the other day and was not getting pellets in the fire box. After investigating I found that the plate that prevents the auger motor from spinning had a weld on the side that had failed and had bent down over time I am assuming. This caused the wire to wrap around the motor, and was severed. I truly don’t understand why the motor would not be anchored more securely to prevent this. I have a cover for the grill and it is stored in my garage, so weather was not the cause of the failed weld.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and we would be happy to assist in troubleshooting this further. We will send a private message so we are able to proceed on your claim.

Customer Support

Original review: March 26, 2021

I placed an order for a Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill on March 23rd. After placing the order, I received a message to track the shipping on the shop app. I have been checking this for 3 days and I have no updates. I sent an email that I got from the site. That produced a auto reply that the address is no longer monitored. It recommended another email address. So far, no reply. A number is listed on the website. I called it and the recorded message just says to go to the website and then disconnects.

I have an event coming up that I need a grill for. I am in a situation that I do not know if I will have the grill and I cannot talk to someone to cancel the order. After I found this site and found the reviews being less than great, I am worried that I have been taken for my money. I can see that based on the other reviews that they will state they are sorry and private message me. I know in the review process, I do not have the ability to give updates on the status of my situation. We will see if this pans out.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay in your order. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: March 16, 2021

The smoker just started tripping circuits, only support is online. Reach online support and they say to buy a new heating element. Did so, installed it and problem persists, re-engage support (via email only) and let them know it didn't work. Their response was, "Ok you need another part which we don't make anymore." When I responded with questions on why I was told to buy a part (+ shipping costs) they stop responding. There are other products which probably have a better lasting product with much better support out there, stay away from Masterbuilt unless you want to have the largest useless deck ornament in your neighborhood.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that the unit is not functioning as expected. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: March 2, 2021

I submitted a question online about whether an available part would fit my smoker. Included all information requested and included 2 pictures of old part. Got an automatic generated email with a case # that said they would respond in 5 business days. After 10 days NOTHING, NO RESPONSE. I called their customer service number and got a recording that all support is done online. Worst service ever. It was a simple fitment question, how can they take 2 weeks to answer a simple question. Very Bad.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product and customer service. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay in your current claim. We will be sending a private message so we are able to provide you with a resolution.

Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Wow, Martin and William, I am going through the exact same thing. I purchased my Gravity Feed 560 in 12/2020 and got a cover to with it. After the first night I used it, I waited until the grill was cold to the touch and slipped the cover on. I knew there were likely embers left in the hopper, but that is the way this grill works so I didn't think much about it.. When I woke up the next morning the cover was burned/melted into the heat shields of the hopper. After looking at my brand new $500 grill I discovered the cause. Apparently, I was a little rough when adjusting the cover, and I had popped both the latches on the clean-out and the hopper lid letting oxygen back into the hopper and burning the remainder of the hopper (about three-quarters) of high-grade lump coal to burn in a very efficient and very hot way, leaving my grill unusable.

I thought to myself, well lesson learned, and moved on. I got a new cover and ordered the heat shield kit from the website kind of sight-unseen. They had a mediocre description, and no photo (at the time), but I thought the price was about right so I took a chance and ordered it. The kit came quickly and I was pleased... Until I got all of the parts out of the box and found that there were no heat-shields for either door included. I went back to the website and did another search and found that they had added a photo now, but nowhere on the site was the ability to purchase the doors so I decided to call customer service.

And there, is where my story converged with the last 2 reviews. With the exception that I have not been able to register my grill despite trying 3 different browsers, cutting the file sizes down as much as possible, it just keeps sending me error messages, which the website clearly says to ignore, so I went to the website and tried to open a ticket, but after a week without a response, I tried again, and again, and, well you get it. I would like to really love this grill, and I do, except for a few things. There are a couple of minor things that could easily over-come with a few dollars and a little effort, but then there is the connectivity issue (hint: if you have a modern WiFi router the grill won't connect to it without considerable effort, bummer) but hell, I was willing to even overlook that since the grill was such a revolutionary design and it worked really, really good the first, and only, time I used it.

After giving up on contacting, I have been able to use my grill going again by using fireplace seals and a little creativity, but I would really rather get the help I need to get it right because the high heat compromised the integrity of the lid. In my book, and maybe I am old school, there is no excuse for a company to not answer their phones, even if it means a long wait. And there is absolutely no excuse for the website to not work correctly, and on top of that, they were aware that the website was throwing errors on the registration page and is telling everyone to ignore it instead of spending the money to fix the site. I was truly willing to chalk this whole thing up to a learning experience until encountering the total lack of Customer Service. Had the hopper lid door been on the website for purchase this review would be reading a whole lot different.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We will be sending a private message so we are able to provide a resolution.

Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My smoker has an issue with tripping my ground fault when turned on. Used the smoker for almost 2 years and this started happening. Went to call support, could only do it online. I then had to register the smoker which I did but they required a picture of the receipt. All I want is a response from support and find out what needs to be replaced. The worst support experience ever.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that the smoker is not functioning as expected. We offer a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. We are sending a private message so we can further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This is my 2nd Masterbuilt smoker, the first lasting about 7 years. I got this as a bday present and I didn’t open it right away. Fast forward 6 months later I figured I better try it. The first smoke with some salmon was fine. The next smoke was with a bigger batch of meat and we never even finished it. My smoker shut down with an error message after 22 hours of smoking and ruining my beef. I googled the error message and it came up that it was too cold outside. It wasn’t. All the meat had to dumped since it never got a good internal temp.

I shut everything off and thought I would try a pork loin a week later. Yah that didn’t happen because the error code never went away even though it was almost 60 degrees outside. It wouldn’t even start. I went to the masterbuilt website and saw that you can’t call anyone. Everything had to be done via email. What a joke! Someone emailed me the next day with some questions about the temp outside and what I used to clean the temp control button thing. I asked for someone to call me. They didn’t. They kept emailing.

Long story short. Never talked to anyone. They wanted me to take apart the power cord from the bottom of the unit. Sorry not in my job description and I don’t want to mess with wires. They told me I would have to take to back to the retailer I got it from or they could send me parts. I opted for parts but now they are backed up for over a month and considering I never talked to anyone how do they even know what parts I need. The whole company is a joke and I would never ever recommend this brand to anyone anymore! I am going to spend more and buy one made in the USA and hopefully get better quality and service.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We are sending a private message so we are able to provide you with a resolution.

Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

My new grill was missing hardware, I have reached out to them and it took two weeks to get back to me, they needed more info which I sent back to the email that they sent me, and now I just received an email saying they don’t check that email and they want me to fill out another claim. 4 emails and still nothing. I just want the hardware that should have been with the grill. Terrible service.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our grill and we are sorry to hear that it was missing hardware. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Purchased Gravity Feed 560 last December. Upon assembly a couple weeks ago I discovered my wiring assembly on the BBQ does not match what is in the assembly guide indicated. Guide is very unclear to begin with. Tried calling customer service weeks ago just to discover that they can not and/or will not accept calls for assistance but in fact direct you to their website. There, they force you to upload everything from receipts to photos of the serial number and anything to make it difficult to get them to even email you. Received 2 verifications that work tickets have been started but after 2 weeks...not a word. Without proper wiring my BBQ is useless. Can't even fire it up to season. It's totally non-operation and worse yet I gave my old BBQ to my neighbor so no BBQ or smoking meats for me. What a waste of $500. My advice...stay clear of Masterbuilt products.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Updated on 01/27/2021: Still haven’t received any contact from customer service. My ticket number is **. I thought I should have received at least an email from someone acknowledging that there was a problem. Did Masterbuilt even respond to my original post on here?

Original review: Purchased 140 smoker in Nov 2020 used 3 times Controller will not turn main burner on. Contacted by website product is registered. Service ticket created with response for 5 bus days now been 3 weeks.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you claim is experiencing a delay. We are privately messaging you so we can further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Masterbuilt 40” electric smoker worked great for 6 months. Now it won’t heat up. I ordered the Masterbuilt replacement element but still doesn’t work. Problem must be inside the sealed cabinet. We opened a case on the Masterbuilt website but have heard nothing. Really disappointed in the workmanship.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay in response. We are sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Customer Support.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Digital controller just clicked after about 2 years. Wrote customer service to ideas- no response. Ended up ordering replacement based on Masterbuilt parts website and choosing compatible controller based on model. Plugs did not match despite part listed as proper. Wrote customer service- received acknowledgement and promise to get back to me- no response. Sent follow up email to customer service- no response.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay in response. We are sending you a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I received my Masterbuilt smoker as a Christmas present from my daughter and son in law. The smoker arrived damaged. The door has a large dent in it. The box had a small hole in it that was completely unnoticeable until I saw that the stainless was damaged on the door of the smoker. I attempted to contact masterbuilt via the support number on the box. Boy was that a joke. Live support no longer exist at masterbuilt. And that is not an exaggeration. ONLINE SUPPORT ONLY!!!! And that "only" works if you have fully, completely, and correctly registered your product online at the website. To include uploaded photos of the purchase receipt, model number, and serial number of the product. How in the Hell do you get the receipt for a Christmas gift in almost any situation let alone my situation.

The kids are both in the Air Force. They just moved before Christmas. Now one of them is on deployment (9 to 12 months) and the other is TDY in Hawaii. (6 months). The Masterbuilt reputation online has descended into the pits of Hell in the past year. (Just do a Google search) WTF??? I don't know who is running things there, but if they don't wake up soon and start steering the ship away from the rocks this company is finished. Companies like this are going to have to start taking some responsibility and step up and stop blaming everything on COVID.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We are sending a private response so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Masterbuilt has simply stopped providing any warranty or customer assistance. I purchased a smoker in October 2020 and after just one use the finish started melting. After 8 uses it's now a gooey black mess. Months ago I submitted an online request for support and have received no reply. Both listed phone numbers for the company provide no assistance. I've called multiple times. One says the mailbox is full and the second provides an announcement that warranty/customer service is exclusively available only online. It's simply not possible to contact the company to get any resolution. Avoid purchases from Masterbuilt.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We will be sending a private reply so we are able to further assist you.

Customer Support.

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2021

New Star Rating should be ZERO. THIS IS ONLY RESOLVED AS FAR AS THE COMPANY MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO FILE A CLAIM! They will only process claims on-line and require these items to even let you contact them:

1. the model number which their system does not recognize.
2. The serial number which is stamped in a piece of tin foil with letters overlapping and is totally unreadable.
3. A copy of the receipt that they know I do not have since it was a gift.

They also stated that they work EXCLUSIVELY WITH WARRANTY CLAIMS. So if your unit is over one year old good luck with getting parts! This is my first and LAST Masterbuilt product.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

The first problem is the digital display (in blue) is so dim it can only be read in total darkness. I did like this WHEN IT WORKED. Now after one year the bluetooth will not connect (it did before) and the controller will not allow me to set the cook time. To top it all off their website and customer service are totally worthless when you have a problem. To reach customer service you have to submit an online form that requires you to enter the model number and serial number. Their site will not recognize my model number and the serial number is NOT readable as stamped. They also require a purchase date and photo of the purchase receipt. Since I received this as a gift I do not have either one. No phone number is provided to make contact.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for contacting Customer Support. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I received a pellet grill at the beginning of December from manufacturer's website. It arrived with multiple spots of damage. Dents all over, broken screw holding door on, bent panel covering electronics on pellet box. Submitted claim online same day I received the grill, and here we are almost a month later and still have heard nothing. If I knew this is how the customer service was, I would have never purchased this grill and I definitely will not be purchasing anything from this company ever again.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you received the grill damaged. We will be sending you a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Resolution response: Dec. 23, 2020

Masterbuilt contacted me and sent the replacement chip tray at no charge. They answered my questions about the availability of replacement parts and were helpful. Based on this, I would revise my statement about avoiding their products and now again consider myself a satisfied customer. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I bought a Masterbuilt 40-Inch Front Controller Electric Smoker with Window (20070512) from Amazon several years ago. I actually used the smoker with no issue and was a satisfied customer up until several weeks ago, when I tried to contact the company regarding replacement parts (heating element stopped working). While I was ordering the replacement heating element (from another appliance parts company), I noticed a few other parts I would like to replace - my controller pad's plastic covering had cracked and the meat temp probe wire sheathing had worn away - so I figured I'd replace those too while I had the unit apart, unfortunately, those parts were out of stock. In my research to find these parts, I learned there was a product recall on my model. So, I went to Masterbuilt's website to see if they had more info on the recall and possibly a few more parts and this is where my satisfied customer experience turned negative.

I registered my product using their customer-adverse process. My original receipt and model and serial #'s weren't good enough for them; I had to actually provide a photo of the same #s from my unit - which I did, with growing frustration. I then sent them an email regarding my questions and never received a response; I then tried calling them and was shut down by a voicemail that basically admonished me (a paying customer) for trying to call them saying everything must be done through their website - to which they do not respond.

I did replace the heating element and the unit still works with the cracked manual controls. However, I'll likely be in the market for a new smoker soon and can bet it won't be anything made by Masterbuilt. If anyone at Masterbuilt actually reads this (I see their 'bot' responses on Consumer Affairs) they should think about the damage they are doing to their brand and future business by treating their customers as poorly as they do. I've read through the long list of complaints they've received by first-time users and cannot understand how they can remain in business with such poor customer service. Good luck to anyone that purchases their products.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience with Customer Service. While we are sorry to hear that you did not receive a response to your case, we would be more than happy to proceed with providing you with a resolution. We will be sending you a a private response so we can further assist you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I have placed an order December 7 for an analog electric smoker. I message the company and no response. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift! Most companies you get a tracking shipment method and estimated arrival dates.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for your feedback on shipping. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

On 11/20/20 I purchased a Smoker/MES 440 from the Masterbuilt website, it arrived extremely damaged. I have attempted to contact Masterbuilt by filing a case through the website, sent multiple emails and have yet to hear a response from Masterbuilt. I am just looking for a resolution, either refund or replace the smoker. I have sent supporting documentation (photos) of the damage smoker. I am frustrated that Masterbuilt/Customer Service has failed to connect with me on a resolution.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that the smoker arrived damaged. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I purchased 2 different Masterbuilt vertical smokes. The 3rd time I used one unit, it stopped working completely. Replacement parts must be purchased but are backordered until January. No one answers phones and the website does not offer much assistance or parts prices. The body of these units are well constructed and functions well but the electric control panel is absolute trash. This product should not be purchased!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We will be sending you a private message so we may offer a resolution.

Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Updated on 12/16/2020: Masterbuilt says they considered the matter closed but didn’t address the problem I had. I explained I ordered a part and it’s the incorrect part and their resolution is that I go onto their website and order the parts. I need someone to get in actual contact with me so that I can return the incorrect part that I paid for and ordered with the correct part. How is this company still in business????

Original: I have a model 20071317 smoker serial number bz111725. I ordered a replacement power circuit card board kit on 11/25/20. Part was delivered 12/3/20. Circuit board is the wrong replacement part. Connectors do are not compatible. I tried calling the company and it’s strictly online support! Tried to go through website to upload pictures of the parts and reason for part return and their site will not let me submit. When I ordered the part that I paid for ($25 plus shipping and tax over $35) I had no issue getting through. Now I can’t contact anyone.

This company should be ashamed of itself making it so difficult to get true customer service. I purchased another vertical smoker from Home Depot that cost $300 that same day due to thanksgiving the next day. I’m sure I’ll have issues and I regret buying another. I wanted the circuit card to repair this smoker and to give to my daughter and husband. I’ve read other reviews from consumers like me. What a sad company that treats consumers like this.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for your feedback regarding customer service. We will be happy to offer a resolution and will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Customer Support

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I received the electric smoker in August 2020 as a gift. The first time we tried to use the smoker it kept tripping the GFI outlets. After jumping through numerous hoops just trying to reach customer service someone finally reached out to open a claim. Masterbuilt Support Case # **. I was told on multiple occasions that a replacement part would be shipped. I tried confirming this and I was told once again it would ship at the end of October. I never received the part or confirmation it shipped as I was promised and when I inquired I was told by the customer service rep that the part would arrive in late October and I would receive a notification when it shipped to me and then the Representative told me to NOT TO REPLY TO HER EMAIL ANY LONGER and that if I needed anything else I would have to open another claim. WHAT!? You never rectified the first claim. You have not even done what you said you would by shipping a new part for the defective part.

It has been months and I have no new part and the best response from this company is that if I have anything else to say that I need to open another claim. I have never experienced such lack of customer service and it appears from other reviews I am not alone. It is sad to think my daughter used her own hard earned money to get me a present and the company who sold it refuses to stand behind their product even though they say they will. I would have returned the entire unit had I known this company had such lack of care for its customers. This is my final attempt to reach someone at the Masterbuilt company who actually cares about their customers and whether or not they have any integrity at all to live up to their own promises.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with customer service. We would be happy to provide you with a resolution. We will be sending a private message so we are able to better assist you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I would NOT recommend Masterbuilt smokers to anyone. I have had 3 of them and WHEN they work they are good. 2 of mine the Electric Controls went out in a VERY short time leaving them useless, When the main control unit you can NOT USE IT. DISAPPOINTED. I know 3 other people that have had the SAME problem... When I contacted Masterbuilt company they told me I would just have to replace the main control unit at my expense... The Worst Customer Service...

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing power issues with your unit. We do offer a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. If the unit qualifies under this warranty coverage, please complete the registration and contact us form so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

On 9/19/2020 I purchased the MES130. On the same day I ordered two Items Broiler Pan 30" #310239244, Cost $24.00 and S&H $24.99 Plus Disposable Pans 30" $14.99 Plus S&H $24.99. As of today 11/28/2020 Nothing! I have called and Emailed this company for over 2 months at least 3 times a month with never a response. The worst customer service. This was purchased from my local Home Depot which they tried to help but they never received a return call or email from Masterbuild. My best advice I can give don't waste your time or money on this fly by night company.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent purchase with The Home Depot. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate your order based on the information provided. For best assistance, we would recommend contacting HomeDepot.com for orders that are placed online. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Customer Support

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I ordered a vertical smoker. Opened it to assemble and the Interior cabinet was damaged with broken bolts. The exterior was fine so this was obviously a quality control issue and not a shipping issue. Even worse, I can’t call to speak to anyone. I need the entire cabinet replaced and concerned because they state on the website customers are responsible for return shipping! Not fair practice when you ship defective products. On the support portal I have to wait up to 5 days to hear anything back. Why so long? I purchased a gravity series smoker and when I needed support on an error code for that it took every bit of 5 days to respond. Not helpful considering you’re cooking and using the grill! I am angry at myself for giving them a second chance.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that the smoker was delivered damage and will gladly assist in providing you with a resolution. We will be sending a private message so we can further assist you.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Company Information