Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses

1.6/5 (456 ratings)

About Masterbuilt Smokehouses

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt Smokehouses?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Masterbuilt?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I'm in my fourth week of trying to get my brand new Masterbuilt smoker to work out of the box. You might ask, "Since Masterbuilt sold you trash, why don't you return it?" Good question. I bought this smoker on sale on Fathers Day at Lowe's. I thought I could pick up a good deal on a new hobby, but I was too busy to open the box until after the retailer's return period. I wasn't worried, because it's a brand new, made in the USA product, right? Wrong. It has never turned on. I've been all over every DIY chat board I can find and tried everything they recommended. Masterbuilt won't answer the phone at all. The website said I had to register the product to get customer support, which I did. But then, there is no obvious way to email support or support a ticket. When I finally figured it out, they asked me what type of cleaning products I'd been using, what temperatures I'd operated it in, and to try unplugging the power supply.

I reminded them that I'd spend weeks trying to get it on - so most of the normal temperatures in the US. I didn't receive any diagrams for disconnecting the power supply, just instructions to unscrew a panel and do it. I did unscrew the panel and have no idea what I'm looking at. And I've never cleaned it, it's new out of the box. It's a product that won't turn on. I've tried for a month. Searched every chat board I can find and emailed customer service. There's no help available. If you buy one, return it before you get out of the parking lot. Save yourself the hassle.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for reviewing our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a resolution. We will be sending you a private message so we are able to provide you with a resolution.

Customer Support

Resolution response: Dec. 16, 2020

Wednesday, December 16, 2020 Masterbuilt is known for manufacturing low priced cookers. Made in China a good amount of interior space is in the Sportsman Elite 30'' digital electric smoker I have. Since September 2020 I tried to find the problem that was troublesome for a novice smoker repairman. Price and product have their significance and now since we have this worldwide virus that’s hampering commerce it’s like throwing darts hoping to hit the bullseye to repair things. There are three parts that the Sportsman Elite 30'' smoker needs to operate, a $30 (9907170133) - Digital Control Panel Kit, $11 (9907120011) - Element Kit - 800 Watt and a $37 (9907160013) - Power Circuit Board Kit. Am I happy about the customer service results or the parts that they charge for a nearly brand new used twice cookware or the technical support services? No not really? Hopefully I can update the review when the job is complete.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

On September 4th, 2020 I'm reading the manual and I could not find a troubleshooting procedure to get the smoker running again at the time we needed it at this moment. The unit was used twice, always garaged, kept out of the elements until used outside on two nice days. During a cook not even half way to completion the unit stopped working, no heat from the element no display on the digital control panel and no help from customer service. We were having a family party serving ribs, chicken, sausages and roasts in which all this meat had to be evacuated from the unit and finished inside in our home oven which created a big inconvenience in preparing the food in time for the gathering minus the smoky flavor.

I needed the procedure on finding which part stopped the unit from working. Customer service was no help, said the unit out of warranty, try replacing these parts and see if that works. Well thanks for the advice when you don’t have the parts in stock and why should I be guessing which one of these parts that are non refundable I should purchase, and why does or did this unit stopped working after the second use. So today we are sitting on a dead unit taking up garage space and still no answer for the manufacture.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with the smoker. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

We bought a smoker at the store, noticed 1 of the handles was broken. Ordered 1 online-they sent an Allen wrench. Didn't have a valid phone number and when we emailed, an auto generated response said email address for customer support wasn't monitored.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with making a claim through our website. We will be sending a private message so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I got my smoker about a year ago. Used it about 4 times. Now it shows an error code and will not work at all. I have been trying to contact customer service due to the virus. Can't get any help. I didn't know you can get the virus on the phone. I guess I will have to junk this one! I will not buy anything with Masterbuilt on it again. And my smoker has never been outside. I have it in my shop with fans to vent the smoke.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that the smoker is not functioning as expected. Our call center has been closed and our staff is currently working remotely so we can remain safe during COVID-19. We appreciate your patience during this time. A private message will be sent so we can further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Last weekend my smoker just stopped working. When I turn it on I get an a code and then it shuts off. I had 8lbs of chicken wings I was to cook for a party that I was unable to cook, which inevitably had to be thrown away. I email Masterbuilt, because well that's the only option given to me. I received a automated response saying that I would hear back within 5 business days. I am now on business day 10, and still no response and still no use of my Masterbuilt. I have only had this product for 3 months. I am so upset and disappointed that I cannot get anyone to help me whatsoever. No one can tell me why these codes are popping up, even their app was rated poorly!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with the smoker. We will be happy to assist you with further troubleshooting so we can get your unit smoking again. A private message will be sent so we can provide better support.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I used the smoker one time and on the second use the control panel no longer worked. I figured out the power cord transformer was bad and it needed to be replaced. Their website does not list a phone number. You only can contact by Masterbuilt email. They promise to contact you in 3-5 business day. I sent in a warranty request on 9/6, it is now 9/24 and now response past the auto response on 9/6. I can't use my brand new $900 grill and no response from the company. I would not buy from them again. I hope I get my grill to work.

Good morning Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear it has not been a positive one. All phone service has been suspended as our team works remotely to ensure their safety and are still available through the web form. Please note, cases are handled in the order received and additional messages will mark a case new, moving it to the end of the queue. We want to make sure you are taken care of as quickly as possible. A private message will be sent to gain more information.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I bought the Smoker (Serial FY111952) on May 24, 2020. Within 2 months:

- Power switch cover on the control panel has cracked.
- Door Open Sensor on front of the grill has burned out and the control panel only reads "Door Open" and the thermostat doesn't work.
- Cover for the smoker has totally faded from black to light grey and the eyelets have rusted.

- Rotisserie will only rotate 5-10 degrees in one direction and then return 5-10 degrees.

The concept of the smoker is fantastic, but there has been no response to my on-line "Contact Us" posting. The excuse of not answering phones due to COVID is old, there is no reason not to have Customer Service working phones and/or responding to service submissions. All I want is the replace the "door switch", replace the "control panel", replace the rotisserie motor and replace the cover. All of these are only a few months old. Masterbuilt, please do the right thing. **

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our products. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Multiple case submissions or responses can delay our response time. Please be sure to include pictures of the components and the proof or purchase for warranty claims. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this process.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Do not buy a Masterbuilt electric smoker. It's bad enough that a product that costs a couple of hundred dollars lasts less than 2 years with only approximately 20 uses, but there is absolutely no customer service.

1. Call them and no one answers. Blaming it on Covid even though other companies have figured out how to service their customers.
2. Fill out the online form as requested and get an automated response that they will respond in 5 business days. Two weeks later nothing.
3. Go to their Facebook page and start complaining. Response is to give them my ticket number and they will have someone respond. Get an email response asking me to explain the problem - which is what I entered on the original complaint.
4. And now absolutely nothing from them.

Buy another product that lasts and actually provides customer service if you do have a problem.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the unit. Response time can be delayed if multiple case are submitted or multiple responses. Also, please make sure that all contact information is correct so we can respond accordingly. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

In June of 2020 I ordered 2-replacement burner tubes for my Smokehouse smoker. When I received them they were wrong and would not work on my smoker. I contacted customer service the next day. Never heard back until late July a month later. The rep. Stated he placed an order for the correct parts. When I received it, I opened it just to find a door handle when I had ordered 2- burner tubes. I reboxed the two wrong burner tubes and the door handle and sent them back. It has now been around 2 weeks and have not heard back from them. They got my money this time. But I will never buy anything from them again.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for reviewing our product and for your feedback on your recent experience with customer service. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delayed response. Please make sure when you create a case that you are not responding multiple times or creating duplicate cases as this will cause a delayed response. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

We used the smoker one time and it never got over 200 degrees and since then it does not heat up over 150 degrees. At this time MasterBuilt call center closed and when you send an email it states they will answer within 5 business day. It has been over two weeks and there has not been any correspondence. I would be okay even if it was an email stating that they are behind and will get back to me in 4-6 weeks. We were so excited to use it and now it is just a decoration until we can get the parts to fix it.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the smoker. When using the smoker, please only using an extension cord of 10 feet maximum. For faster response, please create one case and response as we answer in the order in which they are received. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I purchased the Masterbuilt Electric smoker in 2019, the day before Thanksgiving, to smoke a small turkey. It worked out OK but I noticed that the temperature kept going way up. NOTHING that I have cooked since then has been as it should be, the gauge is electric digital, and you cannot tell what number it’s showing! Please spare me about cleaning the gauge. That’s is not the problem. Masterbuilt is not paying attention to their consumers, selling us trash. So anyone reading this, if you are thinking about buying a smoker from this Masterbuilt? I am going to honestly say don’t do it, they do not respect or honor our money, because if they did they would not have so many people on here saying the same thing about their smokers not working. I see through your “I’m sorry and” just lies.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for reviewing our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with a resolution. We would recommend disconnecting the digital control panel to allow the component to reset. If this does not resolve the issue, please create a warranty claim so we are able to further assist you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

My wife purchased the John McLemore Signature Series Electric Smoker, model # MB25075517 for me on 11/28/2019. On July 30, 2020 (product is less than 1 year old and under warranty), the top hinge of the smoker door broke, looks like a weak weld. Masterbuilt's customer service phone number instructs you to use their website, so I attempt to register my smoker online but my smoker does not have a serial number plate (should be on the inside of the door). Afterwards I open a support care, receive the automated reply and wait 5 business days.

5 business days pass and I have not received anything from Masterbuilt, so I follow up with an email and photos. 5 more business days pass and still nothing, so I send another follow up email. Their website indicates someone will be in touch with me within 5 business days but now it has been 10 business days and I have not heard anything at all from Masterbuilt. Extremely poor customer service, Masterbuilt needs to stand behind their products.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. We have recently transitioned our customer service to digital support due to COVID-19 restrictions and we are working diligently to provide a timely response. For faster response time, please create one case and reply so our customer care team can assist you. The serial number is located on the back of the smoker under the Caution and Warning label.

Resolution response: Sept. 3, 2020

While I was unhappy with the initial lack of response, Masterbuilt made things right in the end. I was sent replacement parts but they came damaged in shipping and missing a couple components. When I informed Masterbuilt, they had me dispose of the unit and just up and sent me an entirely new unit that is working beautifully. In addition, they also sent me a care package for my troubles during this whole process. I know that they lost money trying to honor the warranty at this point, and they still persisted in working with me until I was satisfied with the outcome. Thank you Masterbuilt.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

The Masterbuilt electric smokers have a community built around fixing problems the smokers have. Issues like ingress of water affecting circuit boards that really ought to have good protective conformal coatings and temperature sensors that read higher or lower than temperatures present, and woodchip pans that are improperly assembled and wont thoroughly burn. Unfortunately you only learn about this when you start to google search things like "Smoker temperature wrong."

My trouble is that my smoker is reading 25 degrees hotter than the smoker actually is, hence, it shuts off early and the smoke chips never burn up to ash like they're supposed to. It only ever blackens the wood. I've been trying to get a response from customer service for over 30 days. I reached out to them over Facebook messenger, and I was told I would be receiving an email promptly about my neglected support case. I have yet to receive that email.

Initially, I was pleased with the smoker and left a very positive review with great engagement over on Ace Hardware. Even without the chips burning completely and the temperatures being too low, I like the build design and the features. I think I'll be reluctantly going back to that review and dropping it to 1 star because the product warranty is part of the product and it should be reflected in the review how poor the support is. We are all affected by covid, my place of business isn't using that as an excuse to lean on for failing to return emails so why is Masterbuilt? Email responses is the one work from home style job that shouldn't be suffering out of any other task.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with our product and team. I am very sorry for the delay. We are experiencing very high contact volume and delays in service, due to COVID-19. Please note, each additional message will mark a case new, moving it to the end of the queue. That said, we will be private messaging you to gain more information about your specific case.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I purchased an electric Masterbuilt smoker in June. Model #MB25071217. I used it twice and it worked great. The 3rd time I started to use it I got alarms/errors. Have submitted two claims to warranty and received no response. After reading several forums on the internet I believe the issue is the control module. They are available to buy online but Masterbuilt should replace under warranty.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to hear it was not a positive one. I will be sending a private message to get more information so we may ensure we take care of you to the best of our ability. If it has not yet been completed, please ensure your product is fully registered.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I used the smoker once and the second time tried to use for a party and it wouldn't fire up. After months of back and forth I was sent the new part and it was installed. The unit seemed to be working. Another party and fired up the smoker, but this time the unit would not set to a temp. I had the unit set to 230 and the temp just kept rising. After some time a new temp gauge for inside the unit was sent. Installed that and it still just keeps heating up and just keeps getting hotter. Waiting to see what happens with this time with customer support. I will update.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

I am sorry to hear that the replacement part has not resolved the issue. I would recommend cleaning the temperature sensor on the inside of the cabinet with mild soap and water to reduce temperature variance. If using an extension cord, please be sure to use the maximum length of 25 feet, 12-16 gauge. If continuing to have higher temperature, please contact our customer support team through our website so they are able to further assist you.

Original review: July 30, 2020

My 3 yr old electric smoker experienced a failure with the digital control panel. Upon research, I found this to be a common issue but easy replacement. However, in going to several parts supply sites, I learned this part is discontinued. I then went to the parts section of Masterbuilt's website and the part is not available there either. There is also no explanation or suggestion of a retro-fit panel, nor was I able to find a hack in searching the internet. This makes my unit unusable, and essentially, very expensive garbage.

When I submitted the form regarding a substitute part or retrofit to Masterbuilt on their website as to how I should proceed regarding parts replacement, they replied with an auto-generated response that they will only reply to questions for products under warranty. I did not submit a warranty claim (which is a stingy 90 days) nor make mention of warranty. In calling them directly, the message states they are not taking phone calls. So, there is literally no way to contact this company.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

I do apologize that we no longer manufacture this part and are unable to provide you with a substitute part for purchase. I can understand how frustrating this can be. We haven't manufactured this unit in several years so many of the replacement parts we did have sold out and our factories can no longer supply us with these parts. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2020

I received the part on Friday. Thank you for resolving this. However, a customer never should have to go through the obstacle course you have created to get satisfied. The CSI manager of your company still needs to be replaced, he is crushing your reputation. Due to your "finding the part" and sending it, I will upgrade your score, but only as much as I can. This experience as well as other people has certainly not been good.

Original review: July 21, 2020

They only stock very limited parts for their smokers. They make zero effort to assist. It is impossible to speak to anyone at the company about anything, all automated. If you complain you will get repeated automated replies. This company cares nothing about customer service only about making another sale instead of selling replacement parts. The almighty buck rules here and customers are treated like crap. Smokers break easily, are hard to control temp. and generally are junk. I will do anything I can to suggest that people purchase a different brand, I am sorry I purchased mine and am now looking to purchase a real quality smoker, not the garbage Masterbuilt sells.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty locating replacement parts. At this time, we are offering digital support only due to COVID-19 restrictions. We will send a private response that way we can assist on the case that you most recently submitted to our customer service team.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I purchased the MES 440S Digital Electric Smoker directly from Masterbuilt in October 2019. The product arrived with a couple of small dents, but the damage was only cosmetic. I've used the smoker 6 times to smoke pork and brisket. The first 5 smokes were great and I loved the product. However, on the 6th smoke, the smoker kept kicking off the electric breaker.

Upon inspection, I discovered that the heating element in the smoke box was causing the short. There was a hole in the heating element. The unit is still under warranty. I've tried multiple times to contact Masterbuilt to process the warranty claim on the heating element, but have received no response. Their call center is closed and no one has responded to my emails or website inquiry. I also noticed that this product is no longer featured on their website. I did find the unit on their website via the search and noticed that while the product is no longer available, it was listed at a significant discount from what I paid 10 months ago.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the smoker. We appreciate you bringing to our attention of the delayed response and will look into your opened claim.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I received a Masterbuilt smoker as a gift, it worked for a while then died. Not serviceable so had to purchase a new box, used it maybe 10 times and same thing happened, went to plug it in and it blows the GFI. It’s a piece of junk and customer service doesn’t exist. Do not buy one unless you plan on using it a few times and then putting it in the trash.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. we would love the opportunity to assist you with providing a resolution. Please visit our website to contact our customer service team.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I purchased the under $300 pellet smoker as my husband's father's day/birthday gift. We used it once and right away we had no control over the heat or smoke output; error code 3. We referred to the manual, with no luck. I registered my unit, submitted a support request and now it is 8 business days later and still no response. I understand we are in the middle of a pandemic but plenty of other companies are still able to provide customer service remotely. After hearing that so many others have had issues with the same part, I really wished I found this site before purchasing. Will never buy one of these again.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Original review: July 3, 2020

I purchased a vertical propane smoker June 15, 2019, registered it the same day with a confirmation email. It worked great. One month later, it caught on fire. I had been smoking all day long and checking my liquid. Upon my last 20 minutes, it most likely ran dry. This damaged the dial and ignition assembly. I submitted a ticket through the online system and received a reply email. After eventually speaking to them on the phone, I needed to be in front of the unit, but my work hours and theirs conflicted and it took some time to be able to work out the timing. When I did eventually get in front, a few times, it would just ring after being put through support. I've sent multiple reply emails only to have them all returned.

I then contacted them through Facebook on October 1 and they responded. They could not find any information in the system for me, no case number whatsoever. The email response I originally had from submitting it did not have a case number but I do have the original emails. This conversation lasted about a week and ended with essentially me needing be in front of the unit. Finally in December of 2019, I spoke to someone on the phone. I walked them through all the steps of what I've tried and they agreed the parts needing replaced were what I stated. She put the order in for me, but unfortunately they were backordered and she didn't have a time frame of when they were to be received. She was going to send a confirmation email, it never came.

Enter COVID-19... Now there's a big delay. I don't hear anything from anyone, so finally in May of 2020 I tried calling. No phone support... So I went back to Facebook and reached out again. They responded. Through the conversation, they can't find any of my information, nor the order itself. So they requested I go back and register all over again. I just went out now and submitted another ticket, this time there is a case number.

So I purchased in June of 2019 and used it for one month and a year later, still can't use it. Now the excuse is COVID-19. I have never written a review about any company, no matter what my experience was. This literally is the worst possible customer support I've ever received. I know things happen and why I typically refrain from doing such things as this, but a company is only as good as the support they are willing to offer. At this stage, I would simply like to get my smoker working again, but that seems almost impossible with the lack of care for their customers.

Good morning Jerid,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry to hear it has not been a positive one. I will be sending a private message to get more information so I may be of further assistance.

Original review: June 26, 2020

If you purchased a Masterbuilt electric smoker you will eventually be dissatisfied. The control panel has created issues for many people and there is no replacement part. How is this possible? My thought is the control panel was not engineered correctly and Masterbuilt wants no part of continuing to produce it. By the way, good luck talking to a person in customer service.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear it has not been a positive one. Our product line is constantly evolving and some units have been retired. Parts are sold until liquidated. Our Customer Service team is presently working remotely, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with no phone service and exclusively servicing warranty claims. All parts, available for purchase, can be found on Masterbuilt.com. I will send a private message to better understand your case.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Thought I was purchasing a fair quality smoker. Granted it is in the $300.00 range, so I was expecting a fair unit. Used the unit 3 maybe 4 times, unit quit operating, controls worked but not the element. After removing the back panel for access, I found the upper limit control had failed. No insulation, no heat resistant wiring to protect switch from heat. Found replacement switch, repaired!! Unit work 3 more times and failed again, this time, the controls would not work. Pulled all the controls out except limit switch, now the unit works. For 10 cents worth of insulation and properly protected wires these issues would have been avoided. Customer service at Masterbuilt might as well be non-existent. Would never buy again, would never recommend anyone to buy Masterbuilt products.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. This critical feedback is vital to success. I am sorry to hear you have had to replace several parts on your smoker. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all customer support representatives are working remotely, therefore, all phone service has been suspended. I am sending a private message to better understand your case.

Original review: June 23, 2020

My unit (20075315) has stopped working. I purchased it in January 2019 and it's already failed. I have tried reaching out to the company and they have not responded. The temperature probe keeps saying 310. The unit itself if giving me temps all over the place. There is NO TECH SUPPORT to help get me through this problem. I have used this unit only 12 times!! For the money I spent it is a totally BUST. They should be accommodating to their customers and help them through technical issues.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear it has not been a positive one. A temperature probe registering 310 at start up, may be damaged. In most cases, cleaning the interior of the smoker with grease cutting soap can clear this. I will be sending a private message to better understand your personal smoker and situation.

Original review: June 22, 2020

My wife bought me a Masterbuilt pellet grill as surprise for me. Well let me tell you the only surprise I got is how this company remains in business. I cooked on this grill three times and it quit working. The igniter would not glow anymore. I tried contacting customer service which was about impossible. I finally found the online customer service page. It immediately gave me a claim number and said a customer service representative would contact me. That never happened. After many attempts at calling the customer service department I finally got a hold of someone. They sent me out a new igniter but it still didn't work. I went through the whole process again and got in touch with them again.

We had come to the conclusion that the controller panel was bad. He told me they were on backorder but would send me one out as soon as they came off backorder. Fast forward a few months and still nothing. You can't get in touch with anyone because of this Covid stuff which I believe is just an excuse to handle up on their business. Come on you can't get someone to answer phones. I have put in several request online and of course it gives me a case number but no one has ever contacted me. So now I pretty much have an expensive patio ornament. The grill was bought at the end of January and I have not able to use it since mid February. To add insult to this whole ordeal they have the nerve to put a commercial on Facebook which downplays pellet grills, I guess because they can't make one that works.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will reach you, by private message, to better understand your case.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I’ve had this unit for over one year but I’ve only used it three or four times. The smoked food that I created on the unit was very good except on the last brisket. When the brisket was at 200° the smoker decided to become a jet airplane and take the temperature up to 450. Luckily at that temperature I was able to save the brisket and it turned out very nice. Every time I start the smoker now it goes up to 450 with no way to keep the temp down. I would not purchase from this company again.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear your unit is running so hot. Depending on the unit, it may need to be cleaned. If it is gas, the burners should be cleared and any grease cleared. If it is electric, clear the entire interior, as it may be flaring up from grease build up. Many troubleshooting and best practices can be found in your manual and under our FAQ's.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My fan quit working in my grill. Tried to contact Masterbuilt but you can only do it via the email. It says I will be contacted within 5 days. It has now been 7. I am sad because I love my grill....when it works. The customer service side is absolutely disappointing. Do not buy their products if you are expecting to get help when things go wrong! I am now very sad I purchased this product because the company behind it doesn't care or they'd answer the phone! Using the pandemic as an excuse is just that an excuse, hundreds of companies are still able to answer their phone when you call and need customer service. Maybe they're ashamed of their products!

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Matt. I am sorry to hear it has been less than world class. For safety and abundance of caution, our Customer Service team is working remotely, therefore all service is now digital. Please note, due to unusually high contact volume our response times are up to 5 business days. Additional follow up messages mark a case new, restarting this queue time. I will privately message you to better understand your individual experience.

Original review: June 19, 2020

The food was great the whole 3 times we cooked with it. The bottom heating element doesn't turn on. I phoned customer support to file a claim for a replacement part that should have been. Covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. The response was that we would get a callback within 48 hours. We received no callback. I emailed and no response. This is my final avenue.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear of the negative experience you have had, calling our support line. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all support staff is working remotely, therefore, all service has gone digital. Our Customer Support team will be happy to assist you, through our website, Masterbuilt.com. To expedite service, please ensure your product is fully registered.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Don't even try to get any help from Master Built. They totally don't care!! I will never purchase another master built grill or smoker! They only accept e mail no phone contact and answer emails when and i.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear it has not been a positive one. Our Customer Service team is working remotely, therefore, all phone support has been suspended. Warranty service is available and non-warranty parts are available for purchase through Masterbuilt.com. I will send a private message to better understand your, individual, circumstance.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Purchased new in May 23, 2019. Used half dozen times. Stopped heating up on May 11, 2020. Contacted customer service through their form and since May 12, have only heard from them once via email thanking me for my patience (form letter). It is June 6, 2020 and I finally gave up and spent $100 more on parts which they WILL happily provide you a link to. Be wary, buy from a company that will support you which Masterbuilt is not.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses response

All Masterbuilt products are warranted for one year from the date of purchase, with completed registration on file. Unfortunately, due to restrictions surrounding COVID-19 all operation is delayed. I am very sorry your unit was not serviced, under warranty. Please note, cases are handled in the order received, furthermore, additional messages, requesting update, will cause your request to be moved to the end of the queue. We are extending service if you contacted prior to warranty lapse.

Masterbuilt Smokehouses Company Information