4.6/5 (782 ratings)

About Marquis Spas

Every Marquis hot tub delivers a relaxing and enjoyable hydrotherapy experience. From its Signature and Vector21 series to its Celebrity Hot Tubs, Marquis offers a large selection of models to match your therapy needs and budget.

Pros

• Variety of accessories
  • Positive reviews
  • Highly customizable

Cons

• Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Marquis hot tubs are proven to last. Pricing is not available online, but with a multitude of features and more than 25 available models, there’s a Marquis Spa for every budget.

Marquis Spas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marquis Spas?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Marquis is locally made and they have local service. I've had my tub for seven months and my wife likes certain things about it. I like the jet patterns the most. Installation was simple and fast.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

While doing comparison shopping, we went into two other shops in our town that sold hot tubs. Ultimately, we were most satisfied with Marquis. And we were extra satisfied with the care of the team at the only store in town that sold Marquis. Colley’s Pool and Spa is a local pool shop and their customer service and attentiveness to us was what made us settle on Marquis.

We had never bought anything there before, but they remembered who we were. Michelle, the lady who runs the store, has been in the business for more than 20 years and there was not one question that she could not answer. We even brought our questions from the other shop and said, "I'm comparing this hot tub to your hot tub. Tell me about your hot tub." She gave us the answers that we were looking for, but we didn't tell her what we were looking for. They didn't care who sells what. I stood by their brand. The other guys said that their tub was the best, but didn't know why it was the best. And they would talk bad about the other companies.

The installation was a little intensive and extensive of a process, but it wasn't a headache. It was a very pleasurable experience. We have an older home and the installers had to run different lines and we had to pay extra money to get electricity to the area where we wanted the tub. We also had to get a pad laid. It's a very comfortable tub and there's no wasted space. You can also custom order it. Whatever needs you have, Marquis will meet it.

I go in about every two weeks to have my water tested. I have the store manager's personal phone number and I have access to them anytime I want them. The tub is less than a year old, but we have had to cash in on our warranty already. Our control panel quit responding on the top half. The SOAK button and the JETS 3 were the only things that would respond. The BACK button and the temperature gauge quit. It was an older control panel and it got some moisture trapped under it. I told the manager about it one day and the next morning, someone was out here and installed a new one for us.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

The local person we got our Marquis Spas from has good service. And when we looked online, he had good reviews, which was why we went with it. The hot tub is an investment and we like it. Marquis Spas is very nice and we’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

The dealer had other manufacturers and they said that Marquis was the best one. We got the spa in June of last year and the installation went fast. I use it weekly, though I wish I used it more. I like the relaxation part of it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Marquis' value made me go with them. The installation of the tub was excellent -- they did a great job and they were on time. They were professional and helpful, too. The tub is well made, and I am happy with the product.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Marquis Spas has been phenomenal. We love it and enjoy it. The only downside is that the jets dials pop out. So I have to pop them back in, twist them and lock them back in. They don’t stay in place. And it happened to four of the jets the first time I used it. Even if I go to the vendor they would say, “Oh, just pop it back in, twist it.” I said, "But it’s not back." I paid a lot of money for the Marquis to have things like that. That's really annoying. That stuff shouldn’t be happening. It’s not like kids are playing with them or people are banging on them. They literally just flowed out. But other than that everything has been wonderful. It runs, stays warm, and it’s been a great experience. So buy a Marquis but make sure you don't have the same experience I did. Get a contract saying the vendor is responsible if any of those things pop out.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We had been referred to Marquis, and they were really nice, really helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. The installation team were also really nice, really quick and showed us how to get everything going. I like the lounge chair of the spa. It is my favorite spot. The only thing that would be really nice is if it had some sorta lights on the outside. I love the lights on the inside, but then when you go to get out, it’s hard to see where you’re walking out there.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I heard about Marquis Spas from a repairman, and I went with this company because of the cabinetry. Their installation team was good. I love my hot tub, and it's good value.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My office mate has a Marquis and she highly recommended it. We've had ours since May 16, 2019 and the installation was quite amazing. The two guys they sent handled it beautifully, and they were the nicest guys. Great personalities, guys you’d wanna stand and talk to. And I couldn’t believe how easily they maneuvered that thing around, and it was very professional. The quality of the hot tub is good and it’s withstanding the cold. We've had some cold snaps and it hasn’t been a problem. And our electric bill has not gone up much. I like the jets that hit your feet, though I don’t care for the noise that comes from the fountain, so I don’t use it. But the lighting is lovely. I can choose whatever color I want.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

This Marquis is my first new hot tub. I’ve purchased two used ones from the same dealer where I bought this one from. They did well in service for me. They got a good reputation, and some good pricing. The sales guy asked what we’re looking for, the price range and the previous history. We had issues with the other one we had in the past, and they had the display model that was appropriate for what we were looking in.

The installation went exceedingly well. It was a little bit of a chore getting it back, had a couple of gates to go through but it went through fine. The guy was very knowledgeable. He asked me if I have any questions and told us little tweaks here and there and suggestions how to get it set up and operating. We didn’t have power available at the time so they couldn’t do much more then. And then we had a little bit of problems with the tub. For the first couple of months it would just stop working. The pumps wouldn’t work, the heater flickered on and off. I called them, and by the time they’re getting ready to come out here, in a day or so, it would start up and be working just fine.

Finally it happened again, so I just shut the power off and scheduled an appointment. They came out and looked at it. In the course, when they turned the power on, it worked just fine. But based upon what I had told what’s been going on they replaced the pump motor, and we haven’t had any mechanical problem with it at all after. They thought it was a bad spot and armature for the motor, where it would stop at a certain point, then just didn’t kick to get going. So if the pump doesn’t go the heater can’t go and the heater shuts off. So it’s a safety thing, which is good.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I bought a Marquis spa after my previous run sprung a leak after 18 years. Since purchasing the Marquis 18 months ago and I have had no less than 10 service calls for bad control board and the rest for failed touch screen controllers. They last no longer than 2 months. I am very frustrated and Marquis just keeps telling me the prior batch of controllers were from China and the “new” batch is well made only to have all of those fail as well.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I bought a Marquis hot tub in July. I had somebody install it, and got it done in three weeks. There were some issues, but they took care of it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We purchase a Marquis hot tub solely based on the recommendation of the retailer and the person who serviced our hot tub. It was also just the size we wanted. It seemed to fit. The hot tub is installed in a vacation rental house and the installation process was a pretty easy process. That was part of the deal of where we bought it. We had this repair work on the enclosure and that all worked out. Everything went smoothly. We've only used the hot tub once. It was great and we enjoyed it. It seemed to work well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

They were having a big expo down at Cal Expo on spas and we really didn't wanna have to deal with the whole circus down there. So, I talked to my brother and he said to go to Marquis. They had a Marquis spa and so did my cousins. We had to prep before the installers got here and once they got here, the installation went very smoothly. Their customer service was wonderful and we're really enjoying our spa and the relief it gives. We like many of the features but it really has the therapeutic effect and the micro silk is nice. One of the other things is, we have an autistic son and so we don't get to enjoy a lot of socializing with him and it's a place where we can socialize with him. He's really calm because of the deep pressure in the water, so that's a really huge plus right there.

I'm already recommending Marquis. I would have others go where we went. It's nice that they're local and if we have any problems, they would reach out and make sure that we're satisfied. We've been back a few times, talking to them, and getting supplies. They've been really great especially since it's our first time with a spa and it's a little bit of a learning curve.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I purchased my Marquis Spas hot tub in April but I couldn't have it installed then because my pavers weren't done yet. It wasn't until July when they were done and I could have the hot tub delivered. However, I was not told that the lift kit was on back order. I didn't know it was unavailable until they installed the hot tub. I wish someone would've said something to me when we were being persuaded. So, for the first month, in order to use the hot tub, we had to pull its cover off completely, which was annoying. Also, the steps that they brought were the wrong color. I had my cabinet swapped out for the one on a model they had in the showroom, because the color that I wanted was not in stock, but they forgot to grab the matching step. They were gonna keep them there but I told them to bring me the new one when they can, and they brought them out a few days after.

What's shocking was that I had an issue with the control panel within the first six months of having the unit. The touch panel on this hot tub was on the expensive side and known for its quality, but it wasn't working in the upper left-hand corner. I couldn't adjust anything, like the temperature, so I couldn't really use the hot tub. I called and left them a message, and then they called me back either the same day or the next day. It was a busy time of year for them, with a lot of people closing their pools, so they put me on the schedule to get out as soon as they could, once they confirmed that they had the part available.

They came out about two weeks after I called and they fixed it. I was a little frustrated with that time frame, but I know there was nothing they could do. They only have so many people working. And since they fixed it, I haven't had any issues with the pad. They're coming out again tomorrow to show me how to drain the hot tub because it's time for me to change the water out. Hopefully, I'll be good to go for the winter. It's a fantastic unit and everyone who has been in it and in other hot tubs comments about how nice it is and how great it feels. The jets are fantastic and I love the ability to adjust every single jet. My son loves the waterfall feature and the lights.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I like the brand. What I don’t like is the thing that the pump runs all the time. Because of the yard we’re at, it’s probably about 8 to 10 feet away from our bed and we can hear it running all night long, on and off. We had another hot tub that had a 24/7 pump on it that you never heard. Other than that, the quality is very good.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

The house that we bought had an older hot tub and it failed so we had to replace it. I did some research on the internet, looked at the ratings and decided Marquis Spas was the right company. Also, it's made in Oregon. The hot tub had to be put in with a crane and that went very well. I did the electric and installation myself though. The hot tub's quality is good for the price and I like it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We found Marquis by going around to the different stores in Bend, Oregon. I looked at each of the different spas and what the features were of each one and the thing I like about the Marquis Spa was that it had a soak mode. Also, we like the size because it's just the two of us and we were looking for something that was a little bit smaller than the one we had previously. And the inside material is not too slippery. The other thing we like is that they're local or made in Oregon. We also like the people there. They were very helpful and nice.

They could improve the jets. The way that they're kind of set up in the tub, the control that you have for them is kind of limiting. Right now, we can only control the top half or the bottom half and we can't have them both on at the same time or if we do, it's only very lightly. We have to split the power to make sure it's coming out. It would be better if we could control each panel of jets in the recliner area at the same time. Also, we had a problem with the touch screen. We had to have it replaced once and it's still a little wonky. I tried to fix the time the other day and I kept hitting the button and wouldn't let me change the time. I had to dry off the screen and my finger. It was a little cumbersome. But the customer service was fine and I'm overall pretty happy with the tub.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I’m very happy with the Marquis tub's finish. A little letdown is the location and the choice that we made of the jet design. My wife and I both tend to like things on our feet and we haven’t found that this one really has that. Of course, you don’t know until you’re actually sitting in it. Also, I would have liked to drop the temperature a bit while we were gone and I couldn’t shut the light off at first. We finally got it by just killing the power to the whole unit, and then bringing it back up. But the screen froze up and I couldn’t change it. The screen is acting up a bit, as far as the controls. And so I had to shut it off just before we left. After calling the merchant that we bought it from in Bend, Oregon, Fireside Spa, we got a call very quickly from the contractor to come out and fix it. I just held him off because we were leaving. So it’s gonna get repaired as soon as we get back from our trip. They’re scheduled to give us a call, come out and look at it.

The stairs are very stable and I find that very functional for using the interior storage on it. I like the way the lid works. Time will tell on how the cover stands up. Maintaining the cover has been one of the maintenance items that I’ve remembered from 20 years that we've had hot tubs. But I’m happy with the way it works, and the ease of shutting it and opening it. I would recommend for others to try one out in the showroom, or see where all the jets are that they really appreciate most. The only two things that have been a little negative were the jets on the feet and the flat screen control. Other than that, everything else works. I’m very pleased with the rest of the tub.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We love our Marquis hot tub. Everything has been wonderful. The people from where we bought it were excellent and incredibly professional. We've been back several times with questions, and they treated us incredibly wonderful. There was no wait ever. We just walked in. This is our first hot tub and we had a lot of questions because our water needed to be tested several times in one week. And they didn't balk it all. They were very friendly and kind. It was an excellent experience with them.

We got the hot tub in May, and at the time, we just bought our house. There were all kinds of contractors doing stuff around our house, and the tub installers were among the best. They came in, looked at the situation, and there was no problem. They were in, and they were out. They were very professional, and they did their work. I got the tub for therapy, and it works great. I have a lot of trouble with my legs, and I love the relief that it gives to the muscles in my legs loosen up.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

There was a close-out at a home show. Marquis Spas had a lot more features for the price that we were charged compared to a couple of other hot tubs we were looking at. The Marquis one was bigger. It was a six-person hot tub and it had the light feature. It also seemed like it was made a little bit better than some of the other ones. The installation went fine. I had to run the electrical but the dealer installed the hot tub in on top of the electric. I also texted the salesman a couple of times with simple questions that I had along the way. It was a very good experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I like Marquis much better than the other hot tub brand that I had. It seems to be built better. The construction is solid. When I was getting my hot tub installed, my experience was really good. They were very fast and professional. I like that my Marquis is easy to maintain, and it seems to run trouble-free.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We were looking for a specific size hot tub to fit on our patio and shopped around for a bit before finding Marquis Spas and Alan at the Salem store. He is extremely knowledgeable and helpful in choosing the right hot tub for your needs. He asked all the right questions and wasn't pushy in any way. Marquis Spas is locally owned and their customer service is second to none. From delivery to finding an electrician to answering every question about maintenance, we just could not be more pleased! They truly want you to be happy with your hot tub and go the extra mile to help in any way possible again and again! I love it that I can text if I have any questions and go to the store to get the chemicals needed. We had a couple of minor hiccups with the tub initially and they took care of them immediately, with no charge to us. The customer service, since they are local, is simply the best! We LOVE Marquis Spas!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Marquis was on sale and there was the floor model. I got it for 3,000 off of the normal price. However, the sales floor team wasn't good at all. I kept asking the people at the store basic questions like how much room I would need in the driveway. They told me they were bringing it on a Ford F150. I asked if there was gonna be a lot of people and if I had to move my cars because I have a lot of cars on my driveway. They said no. I also told them that I have a little hill with a 45-degree incline that goes down to my yard. I asked if that was gonna matter. They said it wouldn't matter at all. But after that they said it was gonna matter big time. They almost didn't want to deliver it, so I was complaining.

When the guys got here, they said it wasn't bad at all and that they've done worse. They brought a box truck with a spa on the back, and then there were two more trucks. I could have moved some vehicles around to make more room for them, but the lady from the sales from team was just unaware of how their own delivery team worked. When they were hooking the spa up, it was actually pretty good.

However, the spa's horrible and I have two problems with it. I have the model where it has a waterfall on it. Only one waterfall in the front is popping off. I called the lady and she said I was doing it wrong. I told her that from the get-go, something seemed wrong with it. And around two months after I had it, the waterfall broke and stopped working. They said it wasn't covered under warranty and asked me to buy this $5-part which I did. They showed me how to replace it. I'm a contractor and I'm savvy. I know basic generals about everything. I'm the one that hooked the electric up for that. So, took it apart, replaced it, but only one popped up.

They said that the mat must have went through one of the tubes and that they'd send somebody out here. But they didn't know when because they were busy. I told them that I didn't care if it's a month or a week out, and just give me a date. They were supposed to be out two weeks later on a Thursday at 8:00 AM. The guy didn't get here until 10:00 or 11:00, and then he could not find it in the line. So, he left without saying anything to me.

I called Marquis and said that the thing's not working. I had to run out and by the time I got back, the guy was gone. He said he's gotta dig more into the line to get it running or to get that tube out and he didn't have time for it that day. On top of that, I still can't get certain jets to work. One of the outer things popped off.

When I called the store, it's like literally pulling teeth. I could only speak to the one lady, Maryann because no one else knows anything but her. So, if she was busy, I would not be getting any answers and be told, "Maryann's gonna call you back."

Then, Maryann kept telling me to turn it in different zones. I did but they're still not coming on. I wanted to be here when the guy was here to say that we needed to fix this problem first. Also, the AC1 and AC2 buttons, which you turn it to adjust the zones were really loud. I'm like, "I know this is the floor model. How long was it there? Am I gonna have a lot of problems with it?" I still paid 13,000 for it. It wasn't a small purchase. I asked when he was coming back. They said they were supposed to be back, today, Thursday which I actually forgot because I had a lot of stuff going on. So, I'm gonna have to call in the morning and say that they're still supposed to be out this week to fix it. With my experience with Marquis, I wish I went to Eagle Spa and got a different brand because I am so disappointed with this hot tub, it's not even funny.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We've had our Marquis hot tub since May. The installation went okay. But we had some issues with the hot tub. Our hot tub has speakers in it and they were alternating, working one versus the other, back and forth. The speakers had to be replaced. Also, there are two pumps. One of them wasn’t working because it wasn’t really turned on. It wasn’t a big deal but we had to call the company back to come and fix that. The replacement was done a week ago. Our problems were fixed but they should not have been a problem to start with. Other than that, the people that came out were very friendly. The people at the store were very nice too. And the customer service seems to be fine.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I had a bad experience when the Marquis tub was installed. The installers didn't put it in the hole. They left it out because they put the cover on before they slid it in the hole and then it wouldn't go. We told them that they'd have to put the cover on after they put it in the hole, but they didn't. My husband ended up taking it all and got another couple of guys to come and put it in the hole, and then he put the cover back on. Overall, the tub seems to be doing okay, but it keeps throwing my breaker.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

The installers of the Marquis tub were good. The only problem was that the crane that they brought wasn’t able to bring it in the way they thought they were going to. But the guys came back with a carton, and managed to roll it around the side of the house. I was overall pretty happy with what they did. The hot tub is nice to be in. It’s fairly quiet. The jets work well. It’s comfortable, and it does pretty much what they said it would do. So far, I’ve been pleased with it. The only thing that I’ve had happen at all was it got cloudy after my daughter and her four friends came and used it. But the retailer was very good about suggesting what chemicals to use to try and clean it up. Overall, it’s better than I expected.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

The Marquis hot tub was initially put too close to my deck so I couldn’t put the cover lifter on it. I had already filled it and drained it, and then had to drain it and move it because nobody told me about the cover lifter. When I tried to fill it the first time, none of the hoses were connected, so all the water just came splashing out, and it took a couple days for the installer to come back and hook up all the hoses. And then, he hooked up all the hoses and I filled it up, and it didn’t come on. So, it wasn’t a very good experience. It took 7 to 10 days before the hot tub worked like it was supposed to. I use it every morning and I really enjoy it. The jets are good and the water stays hot. It’s good. It’s just that the initial installation was difficult. But now that it’s up and running, it’s been great.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

When Marquis Spas came in to install the hot tub, I had a good experience. They had to come back out at least once because it wouldn’t fill up. There was some kind of seal that had not been sealed, so they had to come back out and fix that. They said it was something that probably happened in shipping. We also put it in a pergola and concrete pad for the tub to go on. I like its MicroSilk feature and that's my favorite.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We’ve had our Marquis for about three months and the rep that helped me buy it was excellent. We’d been going to that particular store and they also sell other things that we buy, and we’ve been acquainted with him for some time. We like the hot tub. It’s small enough where it’s just the two of us.

Marquis Spas Company Information