Formerly named LifeShield Security

4.5/5 (3139 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Blue by ADT

Blue by ADT is a pioneer in DIY smart home security. It offers Wi-Fi-enabled security products that are compatible with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Z-Wave Plus and IFTTT. Homeowners and renters can choose from three security systems or build a custom security system to fit their needs. Optional monthly monitoring starts at $19.99 per month.

Pros

• Month-to-month options
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • Affordable plans

Cons

• Some equipment is pricey

Bottom Line

Blue by ADT’s flexible plans allow you to choose a month-to-month or long-term contract. Some of the add-on equipment isn’t cheap, but the plans are affordable.

Blue by ADT Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue by ADT?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue by ADT?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Love it. Would not trade it for the world. Works great. Chime good for kids and for protection from burglary. I got it due to car theft and for protection for my family and it’s the best thing I ever invested in. The alarm is loud and the chime is on every window.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

We are satisfied. Barring a slight issue with a sensor (which will be fixed shortly) we have had no issues with ADT. Customer service is always helpful. Wonderful company. We look forward to continuing our service with ADT.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I have had a difficult time with identity issues on my account, therefore it causes me to worry about the ability of the administration of my account. I do not activate the system when I am in the home and wonder if the monitoring is active when it is on for extended lengths.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Very expensive. Loved the system set-up and all the variable options, the entry door keypad lock was my favorite, which was helpful when I'd forgotten my keys or allowing someone in the house before I arrive (traffic, work, etc.) but dealt wtih many technical issues. Took FOREVER to fix it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My mom had this home security system. The security was fast and efficient. The alarm was sensitive which was good because my mom was elderly. Also the security team would notify me right away and they would not hesitate to call the authorities if anything was suspicious such as if the emergency contact did not respond fast.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I was building a home so went with ADT BLUE since it was month to month with no contract and free equipment. I signed up in JULY 2019. On DEC 2020 I called in to cancel. I was then told I was in a 36 month contract so I would owe $813. for early termination. So they charged my charge card the additional $813.00 for a total of $1550.00. They had an electronic signature on file. I surely didn't sign that since I knew I needed their service for a short term period. They also sent me an email saying I had to return the free equipment they provided in 20 days or I would be charged another $450.00. They would send return labels.

I've been calling and emailing on where to send this equipment back to since DEC 21st. It's now JAN 8th. Tiffany from ADT BLUE told me she wasn't sending me anything and wished me well. This is a total Scam and a true lack of professionalism. Not to mention my Alarm went off many times during this time period and nobody ever called me to confirm if everything was okay.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I was not happy with the company itself. They had told us that we could cancel at any time and monitor ourselves and set it up when we were ready. I called them to get information after we received our items and they had me hook some things up and said specifically that the service had not started yet because I did not want to start it until my husband deployed a few months later to be protected and yet the moment it was connected I was started to be billed and they would not refund me even though I told Them specifically I did not want to be charged or set up and they said I would not be charged or set up.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

It is all very easy to use and it’s very convenient to be able to arm and disarm the system all from my phone. You can also watch your cameras from your phone. It was a very reasonable price and the installation was quick and easy. Overall I love our security system.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I called and purchased a panel, 3 cameras and sensors a year ago. Alarm companies main goal is to protect, take care of their customers and provide exceptional safe service. This company has done the complete opposite from day one. We have had to replace 2 of our cameras and when we call to speak to "experts in technical support." They either put you on hold, read from the manual or guess at what the problem is and if that doesn't work they just send you another one never actually fixing the issues. Due to their faulty equipment, the fire department had to come to the house and almost break down the door. Thank goodness that I work close by and arrived as the firefighters were about to axe the door (100% truth). We have set the alarm, gotten almost out of the neighborhood and had to turn around because the alarm decided to go off.

We have come home and the system decided it didn't want to work and when checking the cameras realized that the system has been offline for hours. Again thank goodness we work close by. When we tried to get out of the contract they told us to write a letter and after we completed the page and a half letter with solid facts about the issues we've had, they decided it wasn't enough and we were told we couldn't break the contract and instead they credited our account for that month as if that would make us feel safe and it magically fixed all the problems. We have had representatives, fire fighters, and other people tell us that we should not have to stay in a contract when both parties are not keeping up their end but apparently ADT believes the opposite. ADT cares about money not safety!! So we will be forced to pay for 2 alarm companies since we are the only ones who care about our safety.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I’m a new homeowner as of last year and I wanted a security system that I could have a piece of mind knowing I was relatively safe. There are many companies out there but when I realized ADT had an affiliate Blue by ADT with no monthly contract, I was very interested and excited. I thought to myself this is great! Well, I did receive my DIY system and a free doorbell on time. The system was fairly well to install except the doorbell. I called numerous times to get the issue corrected and each time the customer service attempt various troubleshooting methods but it was to no avail. Hey, I couldn’t be mad, they tried but nothing worked. They finally told me to call my internet company because it must be on their end, I thought that was weird but whatever; when they didn’t work then they said it may be my electrical wiring.

Ok, now remember this about the doorbell because this will be an important part later on. Ok well the doorbell was free (but not really they just increased the price of the entire system to cover the raggedy doorbell), so I put that to the side and moved on. On July 29, 2020 I noticed Blue by ADT had charged me $22.24 for June and July professional monitoring. I called and talked to customer rep and informed them it was a mistake, I am self monitored which is free. They gladly removed charges. Over and done with, right? Wrong!!!

Fast forward to October 29th 2020, I checked mobile banking and ADT has taken out $22.24 for professional monitoring. I called them to refute these charges, while they had me on hold I decided to investigate a little further they have been taking $22.24 out since August 2020!! I know I should have caught this earlier, but I have had so many health issues going on in my family. I just wasn’t on top of my mobile banking like I should. I asked for a refund and this agent proceeded to tell me they can’t honor that because I never turned off professional monitoring and there is nothing that they can do at this point.

So I’m HOT at this point! I began to inform this rep that isn’t true. I NEVER signed up for professional monitoring and I had this same problem back in July. Then after explaining my case to 4 reps, I asked each time to speak their supervisor. Well supervisor wasn’t available but they can ‘escalate’ the issue. Then one rep Allen says "Well ma’am the issue is we refunded your money in June because you were having problems with the doorbell and as a favor to you we refunded two months until we could get the doorbell working, but the system has still been monitored". Now that is the part the raggedy doorbell comes back in the picture.

I informed him that is a LIE!! They refunded me my money because I told them I didn’t want to be professionally monitored!!! I also said what sense does that make that I am requesting a refund of my money because I don’t want to be professionally monitored and you give me my money back but then start charging my account again for the same service I just said I didn’t want??? And plus the doorbell still doesn’t work. Well he escalated the issue again, and said management will call me in 2 to 3 days. Well Allen called back today, October 30th, and said management had looked into issue and they agreed with the other customer reps that they won’t be able to refund my money because in fact they were indeed monitoring the system.

Also to be noted, in my city you must have a letter from the local municipal court to have a security system to monitor and call officials if needed, well I haven’t turned that in yet; hence the reason I KNOW the system isn’t monitored. When I mentioned that he said, "Well we are still monitoring it by knowing the system at least works and it’s no defects." Just plain stupid that doesn’t even make sense. Also, it was a recorded line so I made sure to let Allen know I wasn’t pleased at all with ‘management’ not having the decency to reach out to me themselves instead reading only what customer reps stated. So sorry for the long post but I just want everyone to STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM BLUE BY ADT!!!

Blue by ADT Company Information