4.52/5
Based on 3,111 ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeShield, an ADT company, is a pioneer in DIY smart home security offering Wi-Fi-enabled security products that are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Homeowners and renters can choose from three security systems or build their own custom security system to fit their needs. Low, optional monthly monitoring starts at $19.99 per month to $24.98 per month plus tax.

3111 LifeShield Security Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We are very happy with our system. Once we had the whole system installed it worked like a charm. We set the system up as we would want it and not as some companies do. It does everything we want. Customer Service was wonderful. We look forward to using it for years to come.

LifeShield Security response

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. Our customer service representatives truly care about our customers peace of mind and safety. We pride ourselves in offering a simple and easy DIY setup. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

LifeShield

Original review: July 25, 2018

I signed up for the security service company LifeShield back in 2013. The contract terms was 63 months. I was told when I signed up over the phone, that I can cancel it any time after the contract is finished. We just found out we have to move in the next month to a different city, and I decide to cancel the service since it's over 5 years. When I called them, they said my service was renewed on July 14th, 2018 for another 12 months becuase I did not call ahead to cancel it before the 63 months contract ended. Our contract automatically renewed for another 12 months, and if I need to cancel it, I will be charged for $359.99.

First, they did not contact me before my contract end and inform me about the end date. I don' think anyone living in this world will count the months for their services and memorize the terms for their life. Plus what I've been told over the phone when I initially setting this up, they did not mention a termination fee of the whole remaining period. They just told me I can cancel it any time after I finish the 5 year contract. It is just not a decent way to do business. My understanding is the contract will be renewed on a monthly basis once I reach the 5 year contract period. I argued with the Account Specialist manager and questioned that I've never receive any notification informing me the 5 year contract is going to end.

I did not receive any email reminding the end date, nor informing me the contract will be renewed for another 12 months period. Now in order to close the account, they need to charge me $359.99. I negotiate it down to $200.00. But this is not the right way to do business. Also, signing the contract was just click a link they provided to me. It's a scam. So I need to file a complaint to this business. Also their monitoring APP does not respond to the server sometimes, which it frequently happened between March through May of 2018. So definitely stay away from this scam company. It's definitely the worst purchasing experience I've ever had.

Hi Tingting,

We agreed to let you out of the contract with no Early Termination Fee. Our team attempted to get in touch with you, but were unable to reach you. If you still have not spoken to someone at LifeShield, please let us know the best time to contact you.

In the meantime, we will continue to try to reach you.

Alex

Original review: July 5, 2018

I just had an issue with my security system and tried to call LifeShield and received a message saying they are closed and if I have an issue to call 911. Why have a security system if you have to call 911? I need a system that will alert the police if my home is broken into whether I am home or away. They should have a call in number 24/7. I thought that was the service they are supposed to be supplying. Very unhappy!

Hi Lee,

In reply to your complaint, I would like clarify a few things, namely that you absolutely do have a system that will alert the police if your home is broken into whether you are home or away. That is the service we provide.

Your system will always alert the police in the event of a break-in 24 hours a day /7 days a week. That means our monitoring center is always active and there to to alert the police if you experience a break-in at your monitored location.

If you require advanced troubleshooting, CS and Technical Support teams are available Monday-Friday from 8AM-9PM EST and 8AM-6PM EST Saturday and Sunday.

However, if you have a CS/Technical question outside of general support hours, we recommend you use our interactive support center for basic troubleshooting:

Customer safety, satisfaction and peace of mind are our #1 priority. Thank you for being a valued LifeShield customer.

Sincerely,

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: July 4, 2018

Today has to have been one of the worst days I have had in the last decade. I woke up and all of my cameras to my security system were not working, so I called LifeShield. They had no answer as to why they had stopped working and put me through the paces of trying different things to get them to work again. In the end, it was agreed that they would replace the cameras due to the fact that we had no answer as to why they would’ve all stopped working. They placed the order and I received the email that the cameras would be on their way. An hour later I get a phone call at work stating that I didn’t really own all of the cameras that have been in my house for more than two years. What malarkey! Here I am getting ready to go on vacation and the cameras aren’t working properly and all of a sudden I don’t own the cameras in my home.

I was put through many grueling conversations, ones where I was demeaned, toyed with, and insulted, and finally I did speak with someone who is intelligent and didn’t speak to me in a demeaning way, but at the end of the day what was the point? They did not take care of my concerns, Nor did they send cameras out or resolve any of the issues. I am a businesswoman and a professional and I have not been treated like this ever as far as I can remember. This company is a waste of time and my family has decided that any company that is not more invested in keeping our family safe and instead literally causes that kind of stress is not worth our time and certainly does not deserve our money. I asked to speak to upper-level management several times and was denied due process. I never heard back from a vice President or upper level manager and was refused information on how to contact them. Unbelievable. Stay away!

Hi Jennifer,

After looking into your account, I can summarize the issues you've had again here in response to your review.

I see you called in early July to troubleshoot cameras (7/3/18). Upon investigation, the technical support representative noticed that all of the your cameras went offline at the same time. Typically, this type of outage is indicative of an issue with the customer’s internet service provider. The tech representative did initial troubleshooting on your cameras with no success. When the tech support representative had you reboot your router, the cameras all re-connected, again confirming it was an issue with your ISP.

We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with the explanation that your internet was the cause of the camera disconnection.

You request to replace all of your cameras, despite the cameras re-connecting and working successfully, created a separate issue where one of our managers reviewed your account and discovered that although you had eight cameras on your system, you had only purchased three cameras.

The manager discovered that you were sent replacement cameras over the length of your contract. After receiving the replacements, you did not return the cameras you claimed were defective, but instead continued to use them on your system.

From our account notes, I see we came to an agreement that we would replace all three of the cameras that you wanted to replace (even though they are now functioning properly since rebooting your router).

Unfortunately, as we explained, we can not replace the additional cameras, because those cameras were not purchased.

LifeShield values our customers very much. As such, we maintain excellent case notes and product tracking to ensure the safety of our customers.

Sincerely,

Customer Reviews Manager, LifeShield

Original review: June 14, 2018

Whenever I must call LifeShield, I always get the most pleasant and helpful technicians. I am not very computer savvy so the situation is always explained in terms that I understand and that enable me to correct the problem. I am enjoying my partnership with LifeShield.

LifeShield Security response

So glad to know! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. Our technicians and customer service representatives truly care about our customers peace of mind and safety. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

LifeShield

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeShield, An ADT Company?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I am very happy with my LifeShield system. The only trouble that I had was with the free outdoor camera, but it was free, so I can't complain. The system seems to work very well as designed. One must be aware of cell signal strength in one's house as I can only use the internet connection due to inadequate signal. I am ok with that for now and am looking for a way to increase that signal. This is not the system's fault, but strictly my location and building. I like the interface a lot and it instills confidence that my home is secure.

LifeShield Security response

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield Home Security to keep your home and family safe, and are glad you shared your experience!

LifeShield

Original review: June 10, 2018

Overall LifeShield is an excellent service. Price seems in line with other services except for start ups which Ingrid once was and offered an attractive price. Since I was an early adapter I've been through several growing pains with this company, and I survived. Since I am an early customer I have seen customer support change. In the beginning they were quick to replace failed equipment at no or a discounted price, not now. Quick to answer questions. I asked a simple question several months back and was told a follow up call would be made, no call received. In the beginning I was told sensors would report battery level, mine never have. I'm still here and see no reason to change yet, but technology is always changing and hopefully so is Life Shield.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

LifeShield

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have had this system for a months. I shopped around extensively before choosing LifeShield. They had the best prices and so far the system has been great. I had a few questions and the customer service walked me through everything. Love the mobile app! I have a kid in middle school and it helps me know she’s home safe after school. Recommend to a few friends as well. I’ll update again in a few months.

Hi Marie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback! We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

Original review: June 7, 2018

This is a great security system, it beats ADT and Xfinity. Use to have Xfinity, they made me pay for their equipment failures. Who does that? Anyways, great for the price, and you can even access from your phone or another computer system. Thank you LifeShield.

Hi Joseph,

Original review: June 7, 2018

We like the LifeShield system because it's easy to manage. We have a control panel in two different rooms in the house, and the remote in the car. Plus we can use our phones. It offers peace of mind if we are away or asleep.

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate that you chose LifeShield to keep your home and family safe.

LifeShield Security Company Information