Liberty Home Guard vs. Cinch Home Services
What is the difference between Liberty Home Guard and Cinch Home Services?
Finding the right home warranty company to trust with your money and house appliances and systems is never easy. In this guide, we compare Liberty Home Guard and Cinch Home Services on price, coverage levels, flexibility, claims support and policy terms so you’re another step closer to getting covered.
|Monthly premium cost||$64.99 to $74.99||$30.99 to $93.99|
|Average cost for combo plan||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$50 to $62|
|Annual premium cost||$624.99 to $749.99||$335.88 to $743.88|
|Service call fee||$125||$100, $125 or $150|
|Discounts available||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)||Not listed|
|$64.99 to $74.99||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$624.99 to $749.99||$125||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)|
|$30.99 to $93.99||$50 to $62||$335.88 to $743.88||$100, $125 or $150||Not listed|
|Plans available||Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||Appliances plan, Built-in Systems plan, Complete Home plan|
|Combo plan covered items||15||22|
|Service recall period||60-day workmanship warranty||180-day workmanship guarantee|
|Availability||45 states||48 states|
|Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||8||7||15||60-day workmanship warranty||45 states|
|Appliances plan, Built-in Systems plan, Complete Home plan||10||12||22||180-day workmanship guarantee||48 states|
|Built-in food centers||—|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||Add-on||—|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|Garage door openers|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||—|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.4||4.1|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of publishing.
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard sells three home warranty plans, with prices starting at less than $64.99 per month. There are discounts for homeowners who sign a longer contract, like five months free when you sign up for five years. Customers are each assigned a dedicated account manager, who helps them manage their claims and provides support.
Liberty Home Guard’s thousands of contractors are all licensed and approved by the company’s rigorous vetting process. All work is backed by a 60-day workmanship warranty. Liberty Home Guard is not available in California, Illinois, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming.
Liberty Home Guard plans
- Appliance Guard: The Appliance Guard plan is designed to protect essential appliances in the home. It covers the washer and dryer, refrigerator, built-in microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal, range/oven/cooktop, garage door openers and ceiling and exhaust fans.
- Systems Guard: The Systems Guard plan covers major home systems, including air conditioning, ductwork, electrical system, heating, plumbing and water heaters.
- Total Home Guard: Total Home Guard combines the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard plans into one cost-effective solution.
Liberty Home Guard customers can also purchase add-on coverage for dozens of items, including pools and spas, sump pump, well pump, limited roof leaks, light fixtures, gutter cleaning, carpet cleaning and pest control.
What Liberty Home Guard customers say
Many Liberty Home Guard customers say the process of submitting a claim and getting service is simple and stress-free. A few say their issues were immediately prioritized for quick service, which made them feel taken care of. While some reviews mention that Liberty Home Guard’s prices aren’t the most affordable and not all claims are approved, many say the speed and helpfulness of its team outweigh the extra cost.
Cinch Home Services
Cinch Home Service provides customers with a technology-centered approach to their home warranty. Homeowners use the digital dashboard to access their plan and file a claim. Cinch offers three straightforward plan options, with pricing starting at $30.99 per month.
Cinch plans cover unknown preexisting conditions, rust and corrosion, and repairs are guaranteed for 180 days. The company has over 40 years of experience and nearly 1 million customers, according to its website.
Cinch Home Services plans
- Appliances: Cinch Home Services’ Appliances plan covers your washer and dryer, built-in food centers, cooktops, free-standing ice makers, built-in microwaves, ranges and exhaust hoods, refrigerators, trash compactors and wall ovens.
- Built-in Systems: The Built-in Systems plan offers coverage for major household systems, including air conditioning (including ductwork), attic fans, ceiling fans, central vacuums, doorbells, electrical system, garage door openers, garbage disposals, heating system (including ductwork), instant hot/cold water dispenser, plumbing system, smoke detectors, sump pump, toilets, water heater and jetted tub (built-in). You also get a water sensor and a credit toward an air conditioner filter or water filter.
- Complete Home: A Cinch Complete Home plan covers everything in the first two plans, plus a homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement. This benefit reimburses homeowners $500 when they have to pay a covered homeowners insurance claim. It is available to use once per year.
What Cinch Home Services customers say
Cinch Home Services customers say that the process to submit a claim is simple and the response rate is fairly quick. Although some customers have had frustrating experiences and felt that customer service was unhelpful, others say they could count on Cinch when they needed service. One customer said it was as “easy as pie” to get help for their claim.
Bottom line: Liberty Home Guard or Cinch Home Services?
Both Liberty Home Guard and Cinch Home Services offer similar home warranty plans, covering appliances, systems or both. The big difference between the two is cost: Liberty Home Guard’s plans have higher prices, but Cinch Home Services plans offer extras like a water sensor, a filter credit and a homeowners insurance deductible reimbursement. Liberty Home Guard also has more add-on coverage options.
- Liberty Home Guard is best for homeowners who need add-on coverage for items not included in most standard plans.
- Cinch Home Services is best for budget-minded homeowners who want service fee options.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.