Liberty Home Guard vs. American Residential Warranty
What is the difference between Liberty Home Guard and American Residential Warranty?
It can be difficult to decide on a home warranty provider, given that many service contracts have similar features. However, by breaking down the unique details of each company, you can find the brand that works best for you. This guide compares premiums, service call fees and coverage options to help readers choose between Liberty Home Guard and American Residential Warranty.
|Monthly premium cost||$64.99 to $74.99||$34.99 to $124.99|
|Average cost for combo plan||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$60|
|Annual premium cost||$624.99 to $749.99||$394.88 to $1,424.99|
|Service call fee||$125||$55|
|Discounts available||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)||Discounts for paying annually or quarterly|
|$64.99 to $74.99||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$624.99 to $749.99||$125||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)|
|$34.99 to $124.99||$60||$394.88 to $1,424.99||$55||Discounts for paying annually or quarterly|
|Plans available||Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||Heating & Cooling, Kitchen Plus, Platinum, Platinum Premier, Ultimate Electronics Protection, 3-in-1 Bundle, 4-in-1 Bundle|
|Combo plan covered items||15||16|
|Service recall period||60-day workmanship warranty||30 days for labor; 60 days for parts|
|Availability||45 states||50 states|
|Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||8||7||15||60-day workmanship warranty||45 states|
|Heating & Cooling, Kitchen Plus, Platinum, Platinum Premier, Ultimate Electronics Protection, 3-in-1 Bundle, 4-in-1 Bundle||8||8||16||30 days for labor; 60 days for parts||50 states|
|Built-in food centers||—||—|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||Add-on||—|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|Garage door openers|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||—|
|Stand-alone freezer||Add-on||Not listed|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.4||4.3|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of publishing.
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard is a leading home warranty provider with service in 45 states and Washington D.C. In addition to its standard plans, a large number of add-ons are available, including for carpet cleaning and pest control. The service call fee is $125. Customers can file claims online or over the phone 24/7. They also get a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 60-day workmanship warranty on repairs.
Liberty Home Guard plans
- Appliance Guard: The Appliance Guard plan covers the following appliances: washer, dryer, refrigerator, built-in microwaves, dishwashers, garbage disposals, ranges, ovens, cooktops, ceiling and exhaust fans and garage door openers.
- Systems Guard: Systems Guard covers your home's systems, including air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical, water heaters and ductwork.
- Total Home Guard: Total Home Guard combines the Appliance Guard and Systems Guard plans for comprehensive coverage.
- Optional add-ons: You can add coverage for pools, spas, limited roof leaks, central vacuums, sump pumps, well pumps, ejector pumps, grinder pumps, septic pumping, extra refrigerators or freezers, water softeners, water dispensers, ice makers, lighting fixtures, re-keying, gutter cleaning, pest control, carpet cleaning, sprinkler systems, electronics, swamp coolers, trash compactors, generators and plumbing fixtures.
What Liberty Home Guard customers say
Customers of Liberty Home Guard love this company's contractors and how quickly issues are resolved. They're typically happy with the customer service and ease of filing claims and scheduling service calls. Some reviewers have had issues with long phone wait times or denied claims.
American Residential Warranty
American Residential Warranty is a nationwide home warranty company with 24/7 claims service. Customers can choose from six different plans and select a monthly, quarterly or annual payment plan. Its service call fee is among the lowest in the industry at $55. Repairs by ARW’s prescreened technicians come with a 30-day labor guarantee and a 60-day parts guarantee.
American Residential Warranty plans
- Heating & Cooling: This plan covers central air conditioning, central heating, interior electrical system and humidifier. Washer and dryer coverage is available for an extra cost.
- Kitchen Plus: The Kitchen Plus plan includes the interior electrical system, a refrigerator, dishwasher, range/oven/cooktop, built-in microwave, garbage disposal, kitchen exhaust fan and water heater. Washer and dryer coverage is available for an extra cost.
- Platinum: The Platinum plan covers everything in the Heating & Cooling and the Kitchen Plus plans.
- Platinum Premier: This tier includes coverage in the Platinum plan, plus coverage for your plumbing system and plumbing stoppages (no fixtures), ductwork, garage door opener, refrigerator ice maker and ceiling plans.
- 3-in-1 Bundle: This bundle includes the Platinum Premier plan, along with washer and dryer coverage, coverage for plumbing fixtures and Deluxe Advantage and Ultimate Electronics Protection. Deluxe Advantage adds coverage for air conditioning refrigerant and coils, refrigerant recapture, plumbing faucets and fixtures, permits, modifications, code violations, toilets and internal mechanisms, improper installations, mismatched systems and garage door springs/tracks. Ultimate Electronics Protection covers major home electronics like flat-screen TVs, computers, tablets, printers and routers.
- 4-in-1 Bundle: The 4-in-1 bundle includes everything in the 3-in-1 Bundle, plus coverage for sewer and water lines.
- Optional coverage: ARW offers add-ons for an additional refrigerator or freezer, an extra oven or range, food spoilage, pool and spa and more.
What American Residential Warranty customers say
Customers rave about the great customer service at American Residential Warranty. Reviewers report that their issues were quickly and helpfully resolved by customer service reps. Some customers had problems getting repairs completed on time, but it does seem that the company makes an effort to address customer concerns.
Bottom line: Liberty Home Guard or American Residential Warranty?
Liberty Home Guard and American Residential Warranty both offer coverages for important appliances and systems in your home. Liberty Home Guard’s plans are traditional, with the choice of appliances-only, systems-only and comprehensive policies. American Residential Warranty, on the other hand, has more plans, giving you the option of more specialized coverage. ARW’s lower-tier plans start at more affordable prices than LHG’s basic plans.
- Liberty Home Guard is best for customers who want straightforward appliance-only, systems-only or comprehensive coverage and plenty of add-on options.
- American Residential Warranty is best for homeowners who want highly customizable coverage, lower starting prices and a lower service call fee.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.