Liberty Home Guard vs. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
Find Home Warranties, Service Plans near you
What's the difference between Liberty Home Guard and 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
Liberty Home Guard (LHG) and 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty both provide home warranties, which are service contracts that cover the systems and appliances within your home. These companies also offer multiple plans and optional add-ons to give you flexible coverage. However, they do have some key differences.
We’ve compared Liberty Home Guard and 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty by looking at each company’s protection plans, pricing and customer reviews. Take a look at them side by side to see which one is right for you.
|Monthly premium cost||$64.99 to $74.99||$18 to $67.79|
|Average cost for combo plan||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$51 (Complete Home Plan)|
|Annual premium cost||$624.99 to $749.99||$264 to $720|
|Service call fee||$125||$65, $85 or $100|
|Discounts available||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)||Save $5 a month with autorenewal discount|
|$64.99 to $74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$74.99 (Total Home Guard)||$624.99 to $749.99||$125||One month free for each year of contract if paid upfront (up to 5 months free for 5-year contract)|
|$18 to $67.79||$51 (Complete Home Plan)||$264 to $720||$65, $85 or $100||Save $5 a month with autorenewal discount|
|Plans available||Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||Simply Kitchen, Complete Home, Pinnacle Home|
|Combo plan covered items||15||13|
|Service recall period||60-day workmanship warranty||Not listed|
|Availability||45 states||29 states|
|Appliance Guard, Systems Guard, Total Home Guard||8||7||15||60-day workmanship warranty||45 states|
|Simply Kitchen, Complete Home, Pinnacle Home||8||5||13||Not listed||29 states|
|Built-in food centers||—||—|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||Add-on||—|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|Garage door openers||—|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||Add-on|
|Septic pump||Add-on||Septic system add-on|
|—||Add-on||Add-on||Add-on||Septic system add-on||Add-on||Add-on||Add-on|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.4||3.1|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of publishing.
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard does business in 45 states and Washington, D.C. New customers can place a claim after 30 to 60 days, depending on the terms of their contract. No home inspection is required, and LHG does not limit the number of claims that are allowed.
Liberty Home Guard plans
Liberty Home Guard’s plans are relatively straightforward:
- Systems Guard: The Systems Guard plan protects most of the major systems in your home, including the heating, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Appliance Guard: The Appliance Guard plan covers most basic appliances, including clothes washers and dryers, kitchen refrigerators, built-in microwaves, dishwashers, garbage disposals, ranges, cooktops, ovens, garage door openers and ceiling and exhaust fans.
- Total Home Guard Plan: The Total Home Guard plan combines both of the options above to create a more comprehensive plan that protects both your home's major systems and its basic appliances.
Additional coverage options include expected items like plumbing fixtures but also a few unexpected extras, such as protection for wine refrigerators, generators and trash compactors.
Plans are available on a month-to-month basis, so you aren’t limited to a yearly or multiyear contract. Longer-term plans are available for LHG as well, though.
What Liberty Home Guard customers say
Liberty Home Guard gets high marks in reviews for good customer service and the expertise of its technicians. Several reviewers mentioned how easy it is to file a claim. Those who were less satisfied complained about misunderstandings regarding deductibles and, in contrast to other reviews, frustration with poor customer service.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has been in business for over 40 years. It lets you select your own service technicians, and its prices are often more budget-friendly than its competitors offer. However, coverage options are not as extensive as with other providers, and its overall satisfaction rating isn’t terribly high.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty’s plans are fairly traditional, but its optional add-ons provide opportunities for customization:
- Simply Kitchen: This plan protects most kitchen appliances, including built-in microwaves, dishwashers, ovens, ranges, cooktops and refrigerators (including ice makers).
- Complete Home: The Complete Home plan includes the same coverage for kitchen appliances plus coverage of your heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Pinnacle Home: This plan includes everything mentioned in the Complete Home plan, plus an additional “Supreme” package. The Supreme package extends coverage for appliances and heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical systems to provide more comprehensive protection.
Several add-on packages allow you to increase coverage limits or include specific sets of appliances. These add-on packages include:
- Supreme (see above)
- Washer & dryer
- Luxury Package
- Plumbing & electrical
What 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customers say
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has a moderate overall rating on our site. Positive customer reviews note good communication from customer representatives, the ease of submitting a claim and the expertise of the service technicians. Unsatisfied customers complain about the difficulty of finding technicians and long waits with customer service.
Bottom line: Liberty Home Guard or 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
Liberty Home Guard has simple plans that are easy to understand, and its contract options provide decent flexibility. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has a slightly smaller service area, but it offers one of the most affordable plans on the market. Overall, one of the biggest differences between these companies is in their reviews from past customers, though. Liberty Home Guard has a significantly better reputation based on our verified reviews.
- Liberty Home Guard is best for anyone who wants to try a basic warranty plan without the obligation of a long contract.
- 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is best for homeowners who want a more affordable option for appliance coverage.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.