toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Charles. We at 2-10HBW thank for your business and review.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The real estate agent told me about 2-10 when we bought the house and we've been with them since April. I've submitted a claim over the phone. The rep was very nice and the contractor they sent out to our house was good. 2-10 did a good job.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Anthony. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you being a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customer.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers has good service and seemed to have the best overall product. I’m a real estate agent and had an absolutely wonderful representative in the area by the name of Gail. She's a great person, and service was always there. Her daughter has taken over, but they are awesome nonetheless. I submit claims over the phone and it’s hard to get through the process to getting a call set up for the warranty help. And sometimes, the service tech is not the best in the world. I had an experience with the washing machine which was horrible. It cost by far more to do it as it would’ve been twice as much to fix. I had to call back twice to get them to send a check out for the washer once we had agreed to take a buyout instead of them fixing it which was ridiculous. I had a plumbing experience recently and it was great. The plumber they have in the area now is absolutely fantastic. So overall, everything’s been good and I’m very pleased.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Robert. That is very disappointing to hear. I am going to forward your review to our customer experience team so that we can take another look at your claim. Thank you for the feedback and we will be reaching out to you.

Original review: March 19, 2017

We bought the warranty on Dec 16th when we bought a home. On Jan 19th I submitted a claim on our microwave/oven combo. The turntable was not turning and rust developed after something boiled over. After the contractor came and checked out the unit, 2-10 called and said the rust was there before and they couldn't cover it. (We had a home inspection and there was nothing wrong with microwave.) OK that is fine. I will take care of the rust myself just replace the motor. Now it is March 19th and after multiple calls to 2-10 and the contractor the microwave is still not fixed, yet on their website the claim says job is complete. If I had a chance to do again, I would pick a different home warranty. Buyer beware!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Andrea. We apologize sincerely for the actions of our representative. I am going to send this review to our customer experience team so that we can reexamine your claim. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Waste of money and RUDE! We received our warranty when we purchased our home. The air conditioning in our house was not working. We called them on 2 different occasion. Both times the company THEY CALLED said we needed our system replaced. They refused to replace the system and told them "to fix it." Each time we called was costing us a $75 service call.

Our renewal just came up. A lady named Rebecca tried to renew our policy. I called her back, she went over the options and when she was done she asked what we were wanting to do. I told her that honestly we weren't planning on renewing because we thought the policy was a joke... This lady wouldn't let me finish, was so rude with her response, yelled at me with "I assure you it's not a joke and I didn't not need to be yelled at today" (if I was yelling at her she wouldn't have known) and before anything else was said she hung up the phone. This is unacceptable customer service behavior!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Danette. Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are extremely disappointed to hear how this claim went. We will do our best to use your situation to make better happen within our organization. Thank you again for the feedback.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I bought this warranty when we purchased our home and have been very disappointed. We paid for extended warranty to cover our pool, but when it came time to use it, they did not have anyone to service pool. Don't offer it, if you don't have anyone to service it. It was a headache all the way around. We had our dishwasher go out several months ago and the service contractor they kept sending (he came out 6 times) could not figure out what was wrong with it. Called and explained it was time to just replace it after spending several hundred replacing parts. Hmmm surprise no one could make that decision. I could have saved them a lot of money if they had listened to me several hundred back. They would not authorize it. Had to fight to get someone new to look at dishwasher.

Finally got someone to say yes it needed to be replaced. Ok fine, happy with that, when I called to tell them to go ahead and order dishwasher they said "ok it will be 7 to 10 days to get it and then you will have to call us to get someone out to install". Received a voice message they want same company to install dishwasher that could not figure out what was wrong with it. No, not happy that they want to send someone who did not know what they were doing the 6 times previously. Why would I want them to install it? After countless call and headaches, not to mention when I call -- the customer service agents are extremely rude and not sympathetic to your situation. I literally just got off the phone with one that was yelling at me. They desperately need some training on customer satisfaction. After several months and dealing with same contractor now they want to send same one to replace dishwasher?

Do they really think that would make me happy. I thought the whole purpose of having a warranty was so you would not have to deal with all the headaches. I have spent a lot of time and countless calls trying to fix all the issues... I needed them to deal with. I do not like writing bad reviews and very rarely if ever have. This is extremely upsetting. If I had received good customer service I would have renewed warranty. I'm sure if the CEO knew of the way the company was being handled he would not be happy. Just go back and listen to all the phone calls we have had and verify this story.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Natalia. I am going to forward this to our customer experience team and see if there is anything else we can do with this claim. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we will do our best to find some type of resolution.

Original review: March 11, 2017

Our heater went out in the middle of winter on a Saturday night. We spent one night freezing and called to get it fixed through 2-10. Their service person wouldn't come out until the following Friday to fix it. We called and got authorization to get it fixed out of contract because of this. The bill was $388 to get fixed and all we got back from 2-10 was a check for $80. I'm going through chemotherapy right now and there is no way I could live in a house that cold for nearly a week. We needed it fixed ASAP. What good does a warranty do you when they take so long to fix it with their people and when you go out of contract they barely pay anything for it. Same thing happened with our air conditioner in the summer. We had to wait nearly a week to get it fixed. We are NOT renewing our contract with them again.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hey Suzanne. We are happy to hear that your experience with us has been pleasant so far. Thank you for leaving a review and please let us know if you need any support in the future.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I've had another service before 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, which I hated. It was just terrible. I had two houses covered under it and they were extremely hard to deal with at times. Also, I did not like the service people at all for the most part. They'd tell me they'd come between 8 o'clock and 5 o'clock and the guy would turn up at 7 o'clock that night and then not take care of the problem. I've had that happen twice so I was not a happy camper. Then, I learned about 2-10 through my realtor and this is my second year with it.

I haven't had any major problems. The last time I used it, there wasn't anything wrong with my appliance when the guy came and it was like taking the baby to the doctor, then the cough quit. But so far, I've liked the service people better and this one has been much easier to deal with. I've noticed that these people come from obscure places, but maybe they need the business and maybe they're willing to please better. I'm not hard to get along with, I'm not one of those picky people and I understand the service end of business. So far, it's been a pleasant experience with 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Francisca. Thank you for relaying your experiences with us. We do not want to see you go. A Home Warranty Service Agreement is somewhat equivalent to your car and health insurance for the systems in your home. In addition to paying a monthly premium, there is a deductible due, referred to as a Service Fee. (With a Home Warranty Service Agreement you do have the option to pay your premium in full versus monthly.)

Our average customer places one and a half service requests a year, saving them a lot of money. We caution that without a home warranty, you risk having to cover systems in your home when they break down completely out of pocket. This could ultimately result in a very high cost without the warranty.

We will review your service requests as we appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your review and we hope you choose to stay.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Submitting claims with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty wasn't really difficult. They have to be informed on what the situation is and based on that, they get the information and they'll let you know that they will have the service contractor call you from your area. The first time I called was for my sink. Water was leaking in the bottom of the sink in my kitchen and water in the pipe system went to my basement. The guy came out and he had to look at two different areas so he wanted me to pay for two different visits for $75 each, which would be $150. First of all, the 2-10 person had told me that they would lump it as one and he didn't even do much because all he did was change the elbow of the piping under the sink and that's it. It became an issue and then after they called back, they have to classify it as two separate orders.

The last contractor that came to my house was for the heating system. I thought the machine wasn't working because when I got back home from a Christmas holiday trip, the machine had stopped and the whole house was cold. I called in and they said they would send someone. The guy came, he looked around and asked me what was wrong. He went downstairs, checked everything and he said that it was functional and that nothing was wrong with the system. Then, he came upstairs and looked at the thermostat and the problem was that the battery was dead in that. He asked for batteries, I gave him the batteries and all he did was go and change them. I paid $75 for him to come to the house and change some batteries. He even added that he provided the batteries, which was an error.

I don't think it was valid and I wasn't happy about paying $75 when I provided the product and I could have done it myself. I called them and told them about the situation. I should either be reimbursed a percentage of that because he didn't do anything in my house and the service didn't merit $75 but they said that he came out and did the service. I called back and the lady patched me through the claim section but I didn't get to speak with the person because I was put on hold, then the call dropped, and I never called back. Even to this day, I still feel that I should be reimbursed for the batteries, at least.

I'm definitely debating right now on changing or canceling out 2-10 because I've been paying it for three years now and I don't really use it. But when I used it, it's as if I'm paying $65 every month unnecessarily. It's an insurance just in case something happens and I understand that but if this is the service that I'm gonna get, then it's not worth it. Also, it's a little expensive based on the fact that you have to pay double. You buy into the service on a regular monthly payment and then you still have to pay for the service. I don't understand the whole concept and it's a little bit over the top. But I understand services and companies have their different situations. I'm not 100% happy with it but for now, it's something I have to go with.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Tom. I am going to forward your review to our management team so that we can reexamine your claim. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully we can come to a resolution.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I would not recommend these people for anything. All they do is denied claims and tell you it's a exclusion and not covered. I have all intentions of turning this over to my attorney to pursue thru litigation. They will pay one way or the other. Please avoid at all cost.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Janice. If you ever meet one of our contractors and you feel they are unqualified, please inform us immediately. We never want our customers to feel uncomfortable by the professionals we send to their homes. Thank you for the review and we are happy that most of your experience with us has been enjoyable.

Original review: March 7, 2017

We have a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty with the house when we bought it. I've had work done with them before and it's been working out good. I just call them when I submit a claim. Then they give me a claim number and report it to whichever service I need. The people that I talk to are friendly and knowledgeable. But they should contract with better companies because there were a couple of times that they sent people who seemed like they're not as qualified or knowledgeable.

Heat went out March 4th Sat afternoon. Temp dropping to 20. Service agent advised that the contractor will call me on Monday. This was a health & welfare safety issue. So I went out of network. 2-10 requires preauthorization BUT you can't get authorization after 5 on Saturday. Subsequently, 2-10 will not reimburse any amount of the Saturday evening service call. Told me I did not get preauthorization which could not happen until the next day. Be aware of the fine print and keep your service requests to M-F.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there John. We are delighted to hear that you have been with our company for so long. It is customers like you that make us excited to do our work. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I've been a member of 2-10 since I bought my house back in 1990s. The house gets older, everything started breaking down and so far, the service is good. I kept top of it every year because I didn't want to lose it. I'm glad I did. They've been very helpful and I have no complaints.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Tanja. I am going to forward your review to my team so that they can reexamine your claim. I am very sorry to hear about your experience.

Original review: March 4, 2017

We submitted a claim to repair our dryer since it makes a very loud noise and clothing gets stuck on top. It has torn multiple pieces of our clothes. After the first diagnosis 2-10 says the dryer still heats and tumbles and therefore it is not broken. The second service provider who was suppose to come out for a second opinion gave me a window from 12-4 pm and never shows up! Back to zero for me. Please explain to me how a dryer that destroys clothes is not broken? This is ridiculous. Wasted so much time with this - if you are considering 2-10 - go with somebody else. We will certainly cancel our membership and I will use social media to ensure no other consumer has to deal with these rude people!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Timothy. We offer our apologies in regards to the issues you experienced with our contractors. If you ever meet one of our contractors and you feel they are unqualified, please inform us immediately. We never want our customers to feel uncomfortable by the professionals we send to their homes. Thank you for your feedback and we will try our best to improve our services.

Original review: March 4, 2017

A friend referred 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to me and I've had them for six years now. Submitting a claim has been an easy process. However, I've experienced that the companies that they send here to do the work were not the best that I would have chosen. Also, the deductible is starting to go up every year. One time, I had an issue with the technicians who came to fix my washing machine. They worked on it three or four times, but couldn't get it right. Then, they said it couldn't be repaired, but 2-10 couldn't match the value of the front load washing machine that I had. So they sent me a check. Although there was one time I had some plumbing work done and the plumber was really good. Another time, an electrician had to come because something went out in my ceiling fan and the guy did a good job. Despite the incident with the company they used to work on my washing machine, I would recommend 2-10 to a friend.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Naomi. We appreciate your 5 years of continued business!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I got 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when I bought my house about five years ago. They came out and fixed a problem in the first year I had them so I stayed with them. The last claim I had was filed over the phone and the claim was to check on a leak in the toilet in the master bathroom. The rep on the phone was very knowledgeable. Overall, 2-10 works out fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Ashley. Thank you for your feedback. I offer my sincerest apologies for the confusing experience you had speaking with our representatives. We will use your review to provide coaching and hopefully improve our quality of service.

Original review: March 2, 2017

It wasn't hard to submit a claim to 2-10. However, I was given incorrect information when I called and that just snowballed into a lot of unpleasant experience. I called before the 30 days to add the pre-season tune-up and also the cheaper service charge. They told me that I already included that in the plan when I was having some issues with my heater. I was thinking maybe the heater just needed to be serviced because no one was living at home.

When I went online to submit the claim, there wasn't an option for the pre-season tune-up so I proceeded to tell what was going on. It was making a lot of noise and wasn't heating like it should. When I actually got a call back, the repairman came out and I asked about the pre-season tune-up. I was told that it wasn't part of the coverage and if I wanted it, they can add it on for the $40 but it will be an additional $75 service fee for them to come back out.

The rep that I talked to said they go through training and no one would have told me that the pre-season tune-up is included in my plan. I know that for sure someone called and told me that information, and I wouldn't make this up. I told the rep that I could give her a screenshot of the incoming call on my cellphone and the time that we were on the phone. She just said that they will research it and try to figure out who it was but that's all the information they needed from me at the time. I felt like I needed to defend myself and nothing was really done as far as customer service because I ended up getting the service added on but I paid for it. However, as far as the claim when getting the heater fixed, that went well.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Arthur. We are happy to have your continued business. Thank you for your support. If your neighbors are interested in obtaining a 2-10 HBW service agreement, you can contact our Direct Sales Team at 800-743-4210, option 3. They should be able to get your neighbors situated.

Original review: March 1, 2017

When we bought the house, we had the original homeowners pay for a warranty for a year. I didn't know about 2-10 Home Warranty then until it came up in our thing. We have them for four months now. We filed a claim when we needed some electrical work done and the guy who came out was nice, courteous and efficient. Then our refrigerator started acting up and the guy who came over said he couldn't do anything with it. He then replaced it with a new one. It took a couple of days from the time I submitted the claim for the techs to come but when they did, they were friendly and excellent. Once this warranty runs out, we will continue the program because we've been satisfied with 2-10. I recommended it to my neighbors but they said one has to be a new homeowner to get it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings James. Thank you for sharing us with your coworkers. We are excited to hear that you have had a generally positive experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with quality service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

When we bought our home, 2-10 was the warranty that the builder established. Something came out in the first year and the warranty worked well. We just figured if that was what the builder chose and it went that smoothly we’ll just keep using it. I usually file a claim over the phone. The recording gives the option online, but it’s easier for me to explain with a person. In that part, it is good. The only issue I had was when I could not pull up the work order request on my email when they sent the confirmation in. So I called and asked them to send it again, but they couldn’t resend the message. I didn’t understand that. When I called back, the other person was able to pull it up, so I could write everything down. But everything else has been pretty good. We've utilized 2-10 a little bit over the years and it's been a good experience. I’ve recommended it to four of my co-workers.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review John. We are delighted to hear that things have gone well so far. We hope to continue providing you with easy and quality service.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We've been with 2-10 for three years, so they have a history on the house. We have always had good luck with everyone we've dealt with. We've had a couple of air conditioning calls and there was a time when one of the guys wasn't able to get out for a week and that was tough. But other than that, the guys that we had used originally took care of it. They've done good and we haven't had any real issues with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Ghassan. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience. We are going to have our customer experience team review your claim. Thank you for your thorough review.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

In summary, my experience with 2-10 was terrible. I wasted a lot of money on this company. I was paying for a year and a half for home insurance so when I have problems, they cover fixing it. When I had my first problem in my air-condition unit, they did not fix it and they were not willing to fix it. My air conditioner broke down, I called 2-10 and they sent out a contractor who did not focus on solving the problem, instead, he focused on selling me a unit outside the insurance coverage and convincing me to not file a claim and buy a unit directly from him. Of course, so he can make more money. I have this well documented. When I asked 2-10 if the contractor is allowed to do that, they said yes, it's allowed. Of course, it's not allowed! I am not calling to have somebody give me quotes that are double the standard price! I am calling to have my problem fixed.

The contractor reported to 2-10 that my unit is lacking maintenance. I did the maintenance and called 2-10 to proceed with my claim, they sent the same contractor, and of course, the same story. 2-10 called and told me that I need to send them the maintenance receipt so they can proceed with the claim, so I did. They call me again to send me another contractor to diagnose the problem. After having 2 diagnosis report. And every time, charging me 75$. I wasted around 400$ on doing the maintenance and paying service fee without any results!

On top of that, every time I call, a different person take the call. I had to repeat my story more than 5 times. Rather than talking to one person who understands what's going on, every time I had to explain the same story to Jared, Wilson, Kathy, Andi, etc.. Besides the money that I wasted, I wasted a lot of my time waiting for the contractor, on hold on the phone, and a lot of time explaining my case repeatedly to Jared, Wilson, Kathy, Andi, etc.. I had the feeling that this company is a scam. My opinion, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Emily. I see one of our reps reimbursed your service fee due to the denial and service agreement language. We do offer the option of extended pipe leak for $60. It is too late to purchase now, but this could help you out in the future. You closed with us in the last 30 days, so it is too late to cover on this claim. You can add the coverage as it will provide coverage up to $1000 for eligible failures in the future.

EXTENDED PIPE LEAK: $60
External pipe leaks, hose bibbs and main shut
off valve located outside the foundation of the
home. Includes water and drain lines that service
the main home or other structure covered by us. ????
EXCLUDED: Faucets, sprinkler systems, swimming
pool/built-in pool piping, downspout, landscape
drain lines, failure due to freeze, city/county shut
off valve, damage due to roots.
DOLLAR LIMITS PER SERVICE AGREEMENT: Cost

to diagnose, repair and/or replace - $1,000.

Thank you for the feedback. If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

If I could give 0 stars I would. Steer clear of this money pit!! I had a plumbing issue where none of my toilets would flush on a home I purchased 2 weeks ago. First instinct was to make a call into our 2-10 warranty. (Which was about $600 for the 'supreme' coverage). So, right after spending the $600 to purchase the warranty, I had to pay $100 for the service call. Not a big deal at first, until the plumber gets here and says he doesn't see anything and needs to use a video scope. $300, and guess what 2-10 doesn't cover the video scope. Well how in the world else would you identify the cause of the plumbing problem without the video inside the pipe?!?

Due to the fact that my toilets wouldn't flush, showers and sinks wouldn't drain, etc- I paid for the $300 video fee because what other option did I have? Video uncovers the problem is about 5 feet outside the house in the pipe. Guess what? 2-10 doesn't cover anything outside the house. So, tell me again, what was the point of purchasing this so called 'warranty' to begin with?? All it did was cost me more money, and let them choose the plumber for me on their time. The original problem happened around 8:00pm on a Wednesday, and no one was here for an 'emergency' until around 1:00pm on Thursday because they "couldn't find anyone yet." Craziest part is, I've spent $1,000 with these crazy people over the last few weeks, and my problem isn't even fixed!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Bridgette. We are delighted to hear that you have had a successful experience with us so far. We hope to continue providing you with easy and excellent service. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

When we purchased our house, we told our real estate agent that we wanted a home warranty. 2-10 Home Buyers was the one that they recommended. We've had the coverage since September of 2016 and submitting a claim has been easy. You can do it online but most of the time I just give them a call so that I know that it has gone in. Also, they're friendly whenever I speak to them.

We had some plumbing done by them and they were excellent. However, we had one contractor and the girls in their office were really rude. I told them "Nope. I don't want you in my house". So I asked if we could get a different company. That's how we got the good plumbers. Also recently, we had a big water leak and we didn't know if it was inside or outside. It turned out that the leak was inside the house. They worked with us on that and gave us a check to help cover it. I'm confident about the work they did.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Robert. Unfortunately, our ONC guidelines are strict. However we are forwarding your review to our representatives to see if there is anything else we can do to help you out.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I had a gas leak in my basement coming from my hot water heater. I called the Gas Company and they sent a representative out to inspect and then fix the leak. 2-10 will not cover the repair cost since it was not authorized before the repair occurred. EVEN though it is a gas leak and my gas provider was not going to leave my house before fixing. How long was I supposed to wait for them to authorize the work or not? The gas repairman was at my house and he was going to fix it regardless.

There is absolutely no wiggle room with 2-10 even though that type of repair is covered. They want the option of choosing their own contractor even in the face of an emergency. Both times I called them I was stonewalled by the customer service agent and was denied both times to speak to a supervisor/manager. The only reason I still have the service is because it was paid for by the seller of the house. I would never renew my service with 2-10 and I will definitely not recommend them to anyone I know.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Erick. We are delighted to hear that you have had a positive experience with us. We appreciate the review and for recommending us to your family.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I have a 10 years structural warranty with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when I bought my house in 2014 so I thought I might as well go with their warranty for the rest of the house. So far, I've filed a claim twice and their process wasn't difficult at all. I just call and let them know what was going on. There's a fee that I had to pay and the next day, they resolved my issue. Their contractors were very courteous. I leave my garage open during daytime but instead of them trying to walk into my garage, they stayed out there and rang the doorbell and they had identification.

They were nice and respected my wishes as far as not walking with shoes inside the house. One guy had booties on when he had to go upstairs while the other guy just took off his shoes as he walked right in the door because he was just on the first floor and only had to look at my stove. He diagnosed it and a couple of days later, he came back with some heating elements and he already knew the drill. He took off his shoes when he came inside. I have recommended it to my brother-in-law and my sister but they got a better deal than I did because I referred him.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there James. Thank you for the review. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with our service.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

My water heater wasn't coming on so I placed a claim with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. A guy came out and made a satisfactory temporary fix, then came back a couple of days later and made a more permanent fix. We haven't had any problems with the heater since then.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 9, 2017

2-10 followed up with us after further review of our claim and issued the maximum settlement allowed per our policy. We are very grateful for their quick response and resolution.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you very much for the new rating Melinda. We are happy to have worked with you to create resolution. If you need anything else please feel free to reach out.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Our septic system alarm went off alerting us to a problem with the system. The lines were about to back up into the house. We immediately submit a service request; we were contacted within a few hours by the contractor dispatched by 2-10, only to be told they do not service septic systems. Our service request was specific to the need of service to the septic system. We were in a position that could not be put on hold. We were able to contact a local septic company & plumber who provided us with great detail in assessing our problem & necessary solution. The septic tank needed to be pumped & replaced along with a pump and electric outlet. We knew the pumping of the tank would not be covered, but we were under the impression the tank replacement and/or pump would be at least up to $500.

The total job was extensive with a final bill of $4300. This was a huge hit to take on a home we purchased less than 6 months ago that is less than 10 years old. We hoped there would be some relief in at least having the tank and/or pump replacement covered. I submitted all information to 2-10, advised them how disappointed I was in that the contractor they original assigned to us did not even service septic systems, but was eventually advised the work done is not covered under our warranty; having it done by an out of network contractor definitely did not help us, but our situation could not wait. We could not run any water whatsoever; the sewage would've backed up into the house.

Our receipt for the completed repair was not itemized. Based on what was provided, we would not be reimbursed for anything. I was extremely disappointed and am concerned about anything else that might come up. We paid $995 to this company for our warranty when we purchased our home. I will definitely be looking for a different plan in the future and intend to let my real estate agent know this is not a company to refer his customers to.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Leo. Thank you for giving us your feedback. We are working on developing a faster process for our phones. I also want to inform you that you do not have to submit a claim over the phone. You can also submit a claim online. If you give us a call, our customer service team can provide you with instructions for submitting a claim online.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Submitting claims was very hard to track at first because 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was very slow. Their line was always busy and I couldn't get to them. I have to call back or be on hold for 25 minutes then, walk away and leave the phone there or hang up, try again and do it all over again. It's aggravating. Sometimes, it can take a couple of days before I get through but at least, they're trying. They did some things recently to make it a little better but it's still very slow so that's a big problem. We had submitted a claim for the air conditioning. The contractor did some work and replaced a couple of things through the warranty but we wouldn't him back. But the most recent contractor that came out a month ago was okay. Overall, my experience is not good, but it's okay.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for review Diane. We are happy to hear that despite our contractor not being able to solve your issue, you found someone that would. We will take your feedback seriously and use it to improves our services.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

We've renewed our warranty with 2-10 three or four times now because it seemed the easiest path because we had never had a home warranty before and we had a good experience in the first year that we had them. It's been a good investment for us. The most recent claim we filed was with the heat pump we were having a problem with at Christmas time. We called 2-10 and they assigned a local contractor to come and fix it. The wait time was probably 48 hours before the contractor could get out so that was difficult. The contractor fixed the problem but within 30 days, it failed again. They failed to diagnose it being a thermostat problem. I ended up calling somebody who installed the unit for the former owners of the house and they were able to diagnose the problem for me.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Marie. We are delighted to hear that you have had a generally positive experience with us. We appreciate the review.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

When I bought the house it came with a year of 2-10 warranty. I've had them since 2014 and it's been a great experience. One time my heater was making a lot of noise, so I called up and they sent somebody out right away. They told me I had to pay $75 and they would cover the rest. It ended up being something that was loose, so the technician fixed it. He was very professional and he came out the same day in an hour. Also, they've always been really nice on the phone when they call me for renewal. They answered all my questions and I've been happy with them. However, in the beginning I renewed by mail, and if I had done it by phone, I would have gotten the same price for two years. That was the only thing I didn't like.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Paul. We are happy to hear that you have had a generally positive experience with us. Thank you for the feedback and the continued business.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty came with the purchase of my home. I stuck with them and I renewed three times. My most recent claim was when we had to replace the air conditioning unit and the process was easy. I initially, put the claim online, but this particular one took a long time and there was a lot of back and forth over the phone. But everything else I've done has been online. Their reps were generally quite helpful and interactions with contractors have all been pretty good.

However, the issue with the air conditioning unit was a bit of a hassle. It got caught in between things and it should have been resolved quicker. The bad thing with it was the part that was needed was on back order. I went half the summer in Nashville without an air conditioning unit. It should have been a much more proactive push towards resolution. Instead, it took over a month before they determined that they would never be able to receive the part. At that point, I did a buyout 'cause I needed to get a whole new unit. Other than that, my experience with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has been generally quite good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile