2.61/5
  • 1 star
Based on 553 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, we are in the business of keeping promises. We understand that keeping promises makes our customers happy. Just ask the 5.5 million homeowners, thousands of home builders, service contractors and real estate professionals that have worked with us over our 35 years in business. We offer the most comprehensive coverage for your home systems and appliances and offer 24/7 customer service. Long Live Happy Homes!

A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

1265 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought my home in Jan '16. The sellers provided 1 year of a 2-10 Home Warranty. I extended the warranty for a second year, which ends Jan '18. I will not be renewing. In September, I filed a service request for my refrigerator's water line running slow. 2-10 sent Expert Appliance who told me that it was not an appliance issue but, rather, a plumbing issue. 2-10 sent a plumber (I don't recall the name) who kindly replaced a valve, but assured me it was definitely not a plumbing issue. 2-10 sent A Plus Appliance / Kenneth **. It took several tries to get them to my house to diagnose. They canceled and no-showed all while accusing me of cancelling when I did not. They came and diagnosed, ordered the part(s).

I scheduled more appointments. They no-showed, they told me the part was in, then it wasn't, then they stopped answering when I called. I called 2-10 and they called the company. Then they started texting me. Set up an appointment two more times... they no-showed both times. So I called 2-10 and asked that my request be canceled and my deductible refunded. I'm awaiting my refund, but have had a reputable repair company come diagnose my fridge. They will be here Tuesday morning to fix it out of pocket. My time is more valuable.

So, last night I decided to submit a new service request on my washing machine just to try again. Don't you know the first appliance guy they sent for my fridge texted me to set up an appointment. Nope. I called 2-10 and requested a different contractor. They said R & S Heating and Cooling would be calling. A quick Google search gave terrible reviews of this company, even stating that warranty companies such as 2-10 keep them afloat. I went to the 2-10 website and canceled my service request. My warranty is up in a couple of weeks. My advice to homeowners would be to save the $80/month that you'll pay for your premium and you'll have a nest egg to service your home. Don't waste it on this company. Terrible.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Kim. Thank you for taking the time to leave a us a review. We are happy to see you come in through Consumer Affairs because we were unable to follow up with you for a second time on the HomeWarranty Reviews website. The information you provided via your previous review did not allow us to pull up your claim in our system. I am still very concerned to read about your claim experience and I will be escalating this right away. We will review and then contact you shortly.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10) has provided terrible service to date. I called in over six weeks ago to request appliance service for a gas oven. It took over 3 weeks for a company called Multi-Service Network (MSN) out of Missouri City, Tx to call me back. Once the appointment was made, Troy, owner, and operator showed up for the 4:00 pm appointment 3 hours late at 7:00 pm.

MSN took 5 to 7 days to submit a work order to 2-10 which then took an additional week to receive the parts, but it has not been confirmed by Troy of MSN. After almost a dozen calls into 2-10 the call was escalated to a Senior Claims Representative to go out of network to provide a better quality service. It took many attempts to get this request approved by 2-10. 2-10 does not make outbound calls nor receive inbound calls to a particular person. Everything is routed through the customer services department and the complete scenario must be repeated each time you call in. It seems to me that 2-10 does not properly "vet" their selected vendors. I would definitely not want to experience this lack of service again.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Craig. Thank you for your feedback.We appreciate your input on how we could better our processess for our customers. I am going to escalate this on your behalf to see if there is anything we can do to expedite a solution for you. Thank you again and we will be in touch soon,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

DO NOT USE THEM! When I purchased my home, the previous owners purchased 2-10 Warranty as part of the deal. They denied my claim to fix existing air duct issues, even when the service agreement and liability and limitations stated in several places that it should be covered. When I called, they played the "please hold" game for several hours, each time coming back and saying the claim was denied under a new area of the service agreement. I never could get a straight answer as to WHY my claim was denied when there were 3-4 areas in the service agreement AND terms & conditions that indicated my claim would be covered.

HORRIBLE company. The service agreement stated that ductwork modification was included, but the representatives kept bringing up new reasons they wouldn't cover it, even contradicting themselves at times. This is a VERY DISHONEST way of doing business, and it seems like the company's automatic reaction is to deny customers, even when the claims are clearly covered in the service agreements.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Clara. Thank you for expressing your frustration with this recent denial. I am very sorry you received confusing communication from us surrounding our reasoning for your claim denial. I would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further and investigate why you were given so many different answers. I will escalate this claim and reach out shortly.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017
I got a 2-10 warranty with the purchase of my home. I immediately started having problems with my Bosch dishwasher. That was August 2017, it is December and the dishwasher still doesn’t work. 5 service calls, 2 companies told me it was not fixable. Then they offered me a much lesser model that did not match my kitchen.

Customer service is terrible, they will only give first names. They will not give an extension. They do not have any responsibility. I was disconnected multiple times. They would put me on hold and hang up! They would not transfer me to a manager. I spent 4 hrs on the phone in order to get to a manager. I do not recommend this company!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Peter. Thank you for writing us based on your experience. I am so sorry to hear we were unable to replace your dishwasher with the same model. I will send this in and have us take another look. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My experience has been terrible. I have been a customer for several years. My husband is very handy so he can fix a lot so paying the service fee never makes much sense. I added a warranty for a home we rent out of State because of a job relocation because he is not there to fix things. The stove broke and not only has it taken over a month with many calls and lots of runaround in scheduling contractors but the stove is still not working 6 weeks later. We were given a replacement option. Because it said it was not returnable and the repair person warned me that a new cooktop likely would not work because they have different venting, I had a local company review to make sure their recommendation would work.

The local company said their recommendation would not work and the required replacement would be 4 Times as much. I called and emailed with the information. They said that is all they do. I have spent HOURS on calls and emails and spent thousands of dollars on service calls and warranty fees they do not actually fix or replace your appliance? Unbelievable. I asked for a manager call back - the agent said, "Managers don’t call anyone and you will not get a different answer." Poor service.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Tracey. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I can understand why you would be frustrated with our processes after hours of being on the phone and spending money to not have your unit replaced with the correct model. I am going to send this in to be reexamined one more. We may be able to help you get the replacement you are looking for. Thank you for reaching out to us and we will be in touch with you tomorrow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I moved into a brand new house 2 years ago. Never had an issue. Builder warranty expired so I went with 2-10. When I turned on my heating system this year it worked but suddenly stopped providing power and shut down. I followed the steps. Tech came out and said it was a bad panel. He said it should definitely be covered. Got a call from the rep 10 mins later and she says it's not covered. Seriously??? She said it was a preexisting condition... but I had the home built. It's new. I plan to cancel and report to the Better Business Bureau for fraud. Do not waste time and money on this company. If they won't cover $200 in repair I have no confidence on big items.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi David. I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with this claim's denial. I am more than happy to send this into my team as a denial dispute. We will review your claim thoroughly and then contact you to discuss our findings. Thank you for reaching out and we will be in touch sometime tomorrow.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I cannot express my dissatisfaction with this company from the people I spoke to, and the service received. And of course I look forward to the comment from a representative saying how they understand and will look into the situation (said VERY SARCASTICALLY, because it must be a phrase they all use from the training book they surely have as well as it's all I've heard from every phone call and what I've read for every complaint.

My washer machine was acting up before the holidays so I called for service, made several phone calls and each time wrong information was given including my phone number and email. Someone came to check it out and I was told that it would probably cost too much for a repair so I waited for 2-10 to get back to me. Didn't happen, I had to call back and then I got a voicemail from a man to call back which I did. Then I'm told that I need to call the repair company and ask them to order parts for my machine and if they are the wrong parts (because the serial number on my machine couldn't be seen) of which repair guy told me at least 3 needed to be replaced. But if they couldn't figure the parts out to just have them order a few and send back what was not needed or wrong. Who the hell does that?

So I called and asked the repair company if they heard anything from 2-10. They said yes that it had been approved for a new replacement. So I'm trying to figure out why this 2-10 rep told me to do what he said. So I call 2-10 again and explain what the guy said and what the repair people said and the lady says, "I totally understand your frustration. Let me look into it." So she tells me I can take a payout or get a new machine. After she tells me the payout I said definitely the machine as I didn't want to have to make up the difference with the holidays here. So she takes my info yet again to send me about all of this procedure and how I couldn't change my mind once I agree to the email info. I can't make this a short story as it's constantly crap after crap.

I never got the email or phone call she told me to expect. So I called 2-10 again. And this lady says an email went out (and she gives me the email and phone number I was said to have given). BOTH WRONG! So I give her the correct information that they have had from each time I have called. And afterwards she tells me that I can't change anything because the new machine has already been ordered. Well what the hell is with that crap considering I never got the email? But I say ok. As I just want a machine to do my laundry and they did say they would send a machine like the one I had. Which was a Whirlpool Calypso. (I loved it and never had a problem one with it but heard many people did.) The machine delivered is a hotpoint with an agitator which mine did not have nor does it have both hand wash and delicate, just delicates. But they get to finally do laundry while I still have house guests from California and my grandchildren.

Well I was told the machine would be delivered to my house but they would call with a delivery day and time. NOT! I'm on the island at a doctors appointment and I get a call from someone in a 915 area code named Asante ** and I couldn't understand everything he said other than he's on his way over to my house with a washer and would be there in less than 30 minutes. Well hell what happened to the phone call I should've gotten? So I had to make arrangements for someone to be at my house.

So I get excited about the new machine and look forward to getting home to believe it or not do laundry. My daughter gets there before me after traveling with the grands and a bit of laundry. So as soon as I get home I start a load. But that's after I have to wash the machine down, it's suppose to be white but looks grey from all the dirt on it. I was shocked as it looks like it came from after sitting outside for quite a while due to all the filth. So I get it cleaned and start a load of laundry expecting a bunch of noise from all the reviews I read from this machine. I didn't hear a thing, so I was a bit happier thinking it was just cruddy reviews. But nope, no such luck. I didn't hear it because the dang machine didn't run after filling with water.

Now this is suppose to be a brand new machine (at least in my head I'm thinking this but since I never got any information about it by that time you just don't know. And in all honesty I still don't know because my faith and trust in this company is nonexistent by this time) so I'm thinking maybe I just didn't push the right wash button or something so I do it again. No luck. So I have to manually by hand drain water so I can get the babies things out as she was running out of bibs and burp cloths by now. So my daughter can go to the laundromat to do laundry.

I call 2-10 yet again and tell them what's going on and they tell me they will put a service call in to the same company from before. This was 5 days ago. Now grant it there was a holiday but crap a phone call could have been made. But I have to call them and then I don't know why I expect it to go well at all. This lady says "it looks like you're waiting on a part to be delivered today." "Has it not arrived?" She asks. OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! SERIOUSLY?! I ask her how the heck a part could be ordered for this new machine when no one's even been here to even look at it. She says, "I'm sorry. I know how frustrating this must be. Do you mind if I put you on hold for two minutes while I look at your account?" I say sure but really wanted to ask her what would happen if I said yes I do mind. My butt behaved though.

She gets back on and tells me (her name is Janice, just so you know I take names and write info down). She goes on to apologize for the wait and then tells me she can't do anything because there is a claims lock on my account. She will have to transfer me. I don't know what this means but by is time I'm seeing RED! So I get transferred to someone else that doesn't seem to know crap about what's going on but says, "I'm sorry for your frustration. Let me look and see what's going on." This time I apologize, because I've been calling this person ma'am and he said his name is Isaiah. Which he says, "That's ok. I know I have a very feminine voice." Well still nothing has been accomplished other than he said the repair company has closed but they would call tomorrow to schedule an appoint. But that I could call the repair company tomorrow myself if I wanted to.

So tired of all the crap with 2-10 and the same verbiage that comes from their mouths that mean crap to me. No one seems to know what they are doing and nothing gets done right. I've been passing around the name of 2-10 and telling people how they really need to get a contract with them, but that's going to change real quick. I am not happy with this whole situation, as a matter of fact I'm so angry and upset I want to bawl. And that's not me.

I will not be giving good reviews for 2-10 nor will I suggest this company to anyone unless they fix this asap and with extraordinary speed and service. And just because of my bad comments and story I don't want to see or hear negativity in any way from them. I WANT THIS TAKEN CARE OF. I'M BEYOND PISSED!! Now I've got to go chase a sweet potato down trying to make its way out my back door by my dog's mouth... I hope everyone else not only has a better day but can do THEIR laundry with no problems.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Crystal. Thank you for the thorough recap on your claim experience. This has sounded like a very confusing and frustrating process. I can see why you are upset and done with this process. I am going to escalate this to try and finally resolve this for you. Someone from my escalations team with review your claim and then contact you shortly.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

There are no words to describe the farce that is 2-10 Home Warranty. As I write this, I am on hold for the 15th time over a 5 week period of waiting for service. That is 5 weeks with a leaky water heater. I paid my $100 service fee, but got nothing from 2-10. Most calls to 2-10 end with me being disconnected. Most recently, I found out that my water heater claim was "accidentally" cancelled. It is shocking to me that a company could bungle a service as much as this. My story is too long to tell, but I am happy to tell the long version to anyone who will listen. Essentially, there is no effective communication between the various departments (customer service, claims, purchasing, accounting, etc.). Every call starts with customer service and requires a long wait on hold and multiple delays. There is no talking with a supervisor or getting a direct line. They keep customers at arms distance to avoid doing any actual work.

In terms of service, 2-10 has the friendliest folks in the world running their phones. They are kind, professional, and mostly helpful. Yet, nothing actually gets done. Five weeks, no service. They have my money, the plumber has my service fee, and I still have my leaky water heater. If you are considering a "Supreme" 2-10 warranty, save the $600 and just pay for your home repairs out of pocket. By the way, I am still on hold. 40 minutes today.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Adam. Thank you for reaching out to us via Consumer Affairs. This sounds like a very frustrating situation. I am going to escalate this for you so that we can try and create a solution. Thank you for informing us of your experiences and we will be in touch shortly

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have been a customer for 7 years. The first time I called 2-10 about my toilets was 9/27/2017. On 11/18/2017 the toilets were still not fixed after 2-10 sent out 2 contractors to fix it. (Max Plumbing and Live Green). Max Plumbing took apart one of the three toilets and did not put it back together. He left something like a 3 inch metal piece inside the toilet bowl. When Live Green came, they said there was a foreign object in the toilet and they cannot fix it. Live Green confirmed that it was a piece of the toilet. This foreign object was a screw left when Max Plumbing took it apart. Max said he would recommend that they replace the toilet.

To cut a long story short, after two months of back and forth with 2-10 and flushing 3 toilets with buckets of water and a $500 water bill, I called Jiffy Plumbing to fix it and I paid for it. They fixed the three toilets including the toilet which Max had recommended to replace. 2-10 explained a long procedure to get reimbursed if an outside contractor did the job. By this time, I am exhausted with the whole encounter and don’t want any reimbursement from 2-10. I now have to pay my $500 water bill. The people at the claims department are rude when they hear a different accent. They talk to you as if you don’t know what you are talking about. I have an accent and with this accent I have been working hard to earn a living and pay 2-10 for 7 years and I do know what I am talking about. And yes, I am writing this review myself so my English is good enough to express myself in writing even though I have an accent.

They are impatient and don’t even give you time to explain. One of them rudely told me that the contractors were not supposed to change the toilet handle. Well, how do I know what the contractors are allowed or are not allowed to fix. I just need my toilets fixed. Your contractors should know what is covered and what is not. I have included one of the many work orders. I have a heating problem now and I have simply called Jiffy Plumbing and Heating and paying for it. I have never given a review but I feel compelled to write this review so that potential customers know the type of service 2-10 provides.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Sydnella. I am very sorry you had such a poor experience with this recent claim. I would be happy to escalate some of these issues on your behalf so that we can continue to improve and try to create resolution for this claim. In regards to you feeling discriminated against for your accent, I apologize if you felt disrespected by any of our staff. I can assure you that we have a very diverse staff and have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination. Many of our employees are multi-lingual and we do not tolerate an atmosphere of prejudice against any persons. Thank you for your feedback and we will be in touch soon to try and resolve this.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Septic tank stopped running so I called 2-10. I was first instructed to wait a couple of days and a repair provider in my area would contact me. A couple of days later I contacted 2-10 and was instructed that they had no one in the area and told me to contact a repair person. I did so and once the repairs needed was found we contacted 2-10 for approval for repair ($300). We were advised that the repairs were covered and to have the repairman fix the septic tank. ALL DOCUMENTATION WAS SENT AS PER 2-10. They explained that I would have to pay for all repairs and I would receive a check from 2-10 in the mail.

After several weeks I called and asked about the check and was told that they were not covering it after all. I have been with 2-10 for 3 years and have paid more than $1800 for this insurance and the one time I needed them they at first approved the claim, but then later denied it. This " insurance company" instructed me to make repairs that they advised were covered, then refuse to pay me $300.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Monte. This sounds like a very frustrating claim experience. I am going toe scalate this for you to see if there is anything else we can do to resolve this for you. Thank you for offering your feedback and we will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Noticed water on carpet Fri 1 pm. Called and took 2 tries of the automated system to put in request for service. No callback so Sat 1 pm called the contractor directly. They said if emergency stay online and I did and got a lady who could have been one of the owners but she said, "they tell you you will get a call back in 24 hrs but that is not the case." Then she said my priority was showing as medium and I could call the warranty company to have them make it an emergency but the contractor would still not even be able to set an appointment until Monday when they get in to see how my claim fit in with all the other email and voicemails they had. What good was this emergency line to have someone who could care less about my situation. If I had called a plumber myself on Friday at 1 pm I know without a doubt someone would have looked at it much sooner.

So I did call the warranty company Saturday right after speaking to this contractor and spoke to a wonderful customer service rep who did everything to escalate my claim. As CS agents go he was among the best so no quarrel with him. He did get the claim set to emergency status and then I said I wanted to use a different contractor that cared about my business and he located another contractor. That contractor did call me within 2 hours that Saturday however they do not have anyone to come until Tuesday. While waiting, I have had a very upsetting several days and knowing that the person still is only coming to assess the situation and I still have to wait to see what the warranty company will do I am very upset and would not want anyone else to go through this. The warranty came with my house so I'm feeling like you get what you paid for.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Judith. I am very sorry to hear you are having to wait longer than expected for service. If you have an further issues getting this resolved, please respond with a private message letting me know. I will make sure this is escalated for you. Thank you for your feedback and we hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I called customer service to report that the large handle used to open my Frigidaire built-in microwave broke off, making it difficult to open the door to the microwave. I was informed that this was not covered in my plan. My microwave is not of much benefit with a non-functioning door. It will cost me 100.00 for a service representative to come out to look at it; however it will not be covered under my plan.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Marie. I am very sorry to hear that we will not be covering this issue with your microwave. We wish that we could cover everything for our customers but unfortunately we are limited with what we will cover. Hopefully moving forward we can have more favorable outcomes for your claims.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

This company has provided less than professional services. DO NOT BUY A CONTRACT FROM 2-10!! They lie, and change contract terms when service is requested, and repairs needed. We have had multiple service issues since moving into our home, all electrical, and none of the issues have been resolved. We lost power of our refrigerator in August 2017, after months of electrical issues that were never explained or repaired, because they employ shotty contractors that will work for peanuts, collecting 75.00 for each house call from me, and who knows how much from 2-10.

We called for repair, 2-10 never sent a contractor out. With all our groceries sitting in coolers for weeks, we decide to purchase a new unit as they were not responding to our repair needs. Months go by and we are still dealing with electrical issues, we inquired about repairing the unit that is broken, and are told because we choose to move the unit out of the kitchen, they will not cover this unit. My contract clearly states that the garage is still a part of the home, and any appliance housed within is still covered. Not to mention they owe us for the cost of not responding and making me incur 800.00 dollars spent on a new unit that they should have covered. It's my belief that they denied service to avoid the expense of a new unit.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Bridget. Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your claim experience. I am interested in further investigating your denial. I can assure you that it would be nonsensical for us to deny something just to mitigate one homeowner's claim cost. We have hundreds of thousands of customers and we do pay to replace their units frequently. I can send this in as a denial dispute and have escalations reexamine this claim thoroughly. Once we have reviewed this, we will reach out to you and let you know if we have overturned your case. Thank you again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Honestly, reading some of these reviews makes me wonder if people are talking about the same company. I started my home warranty experience with AHS and I can tell everyone that 2-10 is hands-down far superior! Like some said, there are some frustrating aspects (finding out something isn't covered that you thought was), but in the end, you CANNOT beat the service 2-10 provides! They have covered MULTIPLE claims from me over the years. Most recently, a house I was selling that had a few issues discovered during the inspection. 2-10 was able to cover 75% of the repairs...saving me thousands of out-of-pocket expenses. You aren't going to get EVERYTHING covered (they would go out of business), but having peace of mind that MOST major items in your home are covered is invaluable!

One last story, I had let my coverage lapse by a couple of months back in 2012. My HVAC decides to quit in the middle of a South Carolina summer. I had forgotten about 2-10 until a friend reminded me. I thought I'd be screwed since I had let the coverage lapse. Well, long story short...the customer service rep at 2-10 renewed my coverage AND submitted my claim. In the end, I ended up with a new air handler and condenser unit. Again...THOUSANDS of $$ saved!! So, for the occasional headache that 2-10 gives me, they are MORE than worth it!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Michael. We sincerely appreciate the wonderful review. We wish we could cover more for our customers but, like you stated, we do have a business to run. Thank you for being so understanding and grateful for our services. It is customers like you that make our company great.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I am from California. We don’t have basements. I had never heard of an ejector pump or sunp pump. But, realtor and home inspector called the pump an sunp pump and said it was fine... Bought the house. Less than 2 months later basement is flooded with black water. The dirty, evil, horrible company 2-10 has some small print somewhere (NOWHERE ON THE WEBSITE DOES IT SAY EJECTOR PUMP’S NOT COVERED!!! Just some small 1 sentence... Certain items and events are not covered...).

We have a ejector pump, not a sunp pump and they don’t want to pay!!! It’s part of the plumbing and crazy common to have! Dirty evil company! From their site: plumping definition... “In the most basic terms, all plumbing comes down to pipes and fixtures that bring and take water and waste where they belong. Plumbing is like the circulatory system for your house. Pipe leaks and breaks in water and waste lines are eligible for coverage, as are toilets and the clearing of mainline stoppages.” Ejector pumps are part of the waste line! As it pushes WASTE OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Kyle. Thank you for reaching out to us and relaying your experience with us. I am concerned to hear about your perspective of this claim. I would like to better understand our reasoning for the denial. I am going to escalate this to my team to review. If we find coverage we will let you know. Thank you for your feedback

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I like many others when purchasing my home went with the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, Last Friday I called them since my furnace was not working. They did send out a service tech. that Saturday to diagnose the issue. (Good Service) I waited until Tues and since I had not heard from anyone I called them to get an update on my issue. My Furnace is a Trane XL90 and is approx. 31 Yrs... Since I'm being told the heat exchanger has a crack in it that it would most likely be replacing the entire furnace.

However it may take another 3 to 5 business days for them to make that decision to see if they can repair it or replace the unit... (Really are you kidding!!) Then on top of that I was given a list work that is NOT covered approx. $ 1400 worth... then more good news they most likely will not replace my unit with another Trane but with a lesser quality brand they deem... (wonderful!!) Then when I request a price for a Buyout and I will rectify the issue myself... can't get an answer on it yet... so you can figure out what I'm paying out of my pocket pretty quick but cannot tell me the make/model of the unit you may install and cannot get me a buyout price... WOW. What exactly does 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty expect you to heat your home within this situation (Love??).

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Chris. I apologize that it took a while for us to come to a decision on this claim. The non covered costs can also be frustrating and we wish we could reduce them for our homeowners. Unfortunately, we cannot always do so. I will send this into my team to see if there is anything else we can do to improve your situation.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Used this company 3 times since seller purchased at closing. 1st time quick electrical issue. 2nd my fan and AC unit broke. 3 days in 100 heat index and poor contractor contact and 2-10 customer service. 1st contractor never called or answered VM. Had to get another which took 2 more days. Have asthma. Was suppose to be urgent.This time water heater not replaced until 15 days after hot water turned off. Contractor who came never mentioned that gas low-boys were not being made for years (never found this out until 12 days into it) and we would have to convert to electric in attic or move to electric or gas in garage. We finally added a new separate breaker box and line and went electric in garage. The time before the install they kept trying to encourage a buy out. Only $454 (for heater/labor) which is not even enough to buy the water heater.

Then I wanted inspection because city requires it when you add breakers or switch from gas to electric or from attic to garage. Electrician said he got permit and paid for it. but never did. Still awaiting this permit from the head of his company and 2-10 had nothing to do with seeing this got done. Just more calls/frustration for the customer. And then they want you to renew. They said they spent hrs on my case and contacted the owner but can never talk to but a purchasing dept who then won’t answer or return your calls esp at end of day. Then they want you to renew!!

I’ve read several of the complaints and mostly all the same! Poor and rude customer service, long delays in repairs, incompetent contractors and low payouts! I don’t think the customers or the contractors are treated right! And then you never even know what you are getting until the day it is delivered! Think I will put my money in a savings. Be able to call good contractors and have the job phone in a timely manner. It’s either a little help with a buyout or your sanity! And Escalation team... Do it right the 1st time & we won’t have to have one!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Gina. Thank you for reaching out to us. I hear where you are coming from adn it sounds like a difficult situation. I will see what I can do to help push this forward for you. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I created a work order with 2-10 a little over 3.5 weeks ago. The contractor came out 6 days later and was 5.5 hours late for the appointment and never called. He said he would submit the diagnosis that evening and I would hear from either him or 2-10 in two days. A week later after not hearing from anyone I called the contractor and he said he would call me back in 30 minutes with information. After 45 minutes I called him back and then this happened a third time and I never heard from him. Then I called 2-10 and after 1 hour on the phone the resolution was that they had insufficient information from the contractor and he had 24 hours to get them the information. I called back 2 days later and spent 3 hours between 3 calls to 2-10 and was told that they got him on the phone while I was on hold and that he had given them the details and that it would take 24 - 48 for them to make a determination.

I called back 72 hours later and another three phone calls and 3 hours of my time and was told that it had been 48 hours since they had received the diagnosis and that they needed more details from the contractor and that it would be another 24 hours to wait. I called back after 48 hours and two calls and another 1.5 hours of my time and 2-10 agreed to find another contractor for me. This was a Friday morning and they said that their dispatch department had 24 hours to find me a new contractor. It is now Tuesday, 48 hours later (business hours) and they tell me that they need another 24 hours. If I didn't have the warranty the problem would have been resolved by now. Really 3.5 weeks and I am still at square one.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there William. All f these phone calls and delays sound like they have been incredibly frustrating. I am going to escalate this to see if I can move the needle for you. Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought my house five months ago. As part of the contract the previous owner bought the house warranty for me. I thought that was excellent. So far my experience with 2-10 has been that when you submit a claim they send a company where the technician comes in a hurry and says they can’t do anything and I have paid $100.00 for less than a five minute house call.

I put new cabinets in my kitchen two months ago. I noticed the very bottom of my cabinet getting dark and I could tell it was wet. After me and a friend looked underneath the sink we could not see a leak coming from the sink itself. I pulled the bottom part of my cabinet and I could see it was coming somewhere from the wall. I called 2-10 and I had to agree to the $100 dollar charge. They sent me Budget Plumbing. The two technicians came over my house and they couldn’t fit in the crawl space underneath the house. They told me they need it to send a smaller technician. That was five minutes max. I was upset to find out that even though they couldn’t diagnose anything I had to pay for that. I called 2-10 and I told them to send someone else.

After waiting the whole weekend with an active leak, water accumulating underneath my vinyl floor. I waited all day for the guys of R & J plumbing. They finally show up at almost 8:30 P.M. The three technicians come in. They checked underneath the sink and I told them I saw water coming from what it seems behind the wall. They didn’t bother with checking other places.

Remember how I was told a smaller technician needed to come and get underneath the crawl space? After all that’s what the Budget Plumbing technician said. Well the technician from R and J told me right away it's coming from behind the wall, the cabinets need to come out and the insurance is more than likely not going to cover it. I was shocked and in disbelief. I asked him if they were going to check underneath the house or other places and he said no. I called the owner but he said, "Ma'am if he says it’s coming from behind the wall mind you I am not a plumber but I thought someone with experience would have taken more than a quick thirty second peep with the light of the cellphone. Now I still have a leak and water keeps bringing my floor up. Please notice in the receipt from Budget plumbing where they state that another smaller technician needs to go in the crawl space which R and J technicians didn’t bother to do.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Elizabeth. I appreciate your review. I will see if we can help improve this situation for you. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Blower motor died in the winter, repair people didn't have any in stock and said it was back ordered for months. Instead, 2-10 said they were going to replace the whole thing. Great, if all that I had to pay was the original service fee. But they tacked on $500 in hidden fees, so now I'm out for more than the cost of a blower motor. In addition to all of this, I had to verify the new unit would work or I would be charged a restocking fee for the system. I am not an HVAC specialist, how am I supposed to know?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Jordan. Additional fees you were not anticipating can be very frustrating. I will escalate this to see if we could reduce some of the costs. Hopefully we can find a solution that is reasonable for you. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Original claim requested on October 11, 2017. The heating and AC unit is not turn on during the weather from warm to cold. The All-Star Appliances (send from 2-10) came out to diagnose the problem but it was wrong diagnose. So another technician came out a week after, the technician was not knowledgeable and left. Finally, All-Star Appliances' technical figured out around October 25, the transformer needs to replace. So the part was placed order on around October 30, and the part came back November 08. The technician said, 2-10 ordered wrong parts. At this point, the homeowner has no responsible of ordering wrong part. 2-10 and All-Star blamed each other.

At a homeowner, the claim has been dragging 30 days, still not resolved. So I called 2-10, each single time I called, the agent said please wait 3 or 5 business day. According to the technical, the part is not available on the market and request 2-10 to replace a new unit. The 2-10 doesn't want to make decision on scene due to require replace a new part. At this point, I will have to wait another 3-5 business on research make no parts are available in market and another 3-5 business days make decision replace a new unit.

When I purchased the service with 2-10, I never wait a day to pay with my credit card. Now it time to replace a new unit, 2-10 is dragging until the weather getting worse and make the customer painful process. I wish I don't want any warranty company at this point, so I can go out buy a new unit. Be aware all new customers, you will have pained if you required to replace a new unit with 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings David. I am going to send this in to an escalation team to see if we can figure out when that part will be arriving for you. Thank you for your patience and cooperation up until this point.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We moved into our new house in November and had a realtor purchase us a warranty through to 2-10. Fast forward to July with a three week old newborn, our air-conditioner goes out and it's over 100 degrees in the house. I honestly forgot about 2-10 so I called out a contractor to see what was going on. They diagnose the issue and told me how much it would be to replace the unit which is what he recommended, I called our realtor to talk to him about having live there less than a year or needing to replace the AC and he reminded me of 210 and told me to call them.

I called 2-10 on July 31, Told the representative what was going on and he told me that due to the urgency of needing it fixed especially with the new baby in the house to go ahead and have the contractor do the repairs and that I would be reimbursed for the $1500 that 2-10 would typical pay for such things. He gave me an email to send the documentation to and I promptly did. I never got any kind of response But I did get them begging me to renew when my contract was up.

I called again and was finally able to speak with Deb ** on 11/02/17. She said the information that I was given was inaccurate but that if I emailed her the documentation that I had she would get back to me no later than that Friday, I never heard anything. A week later I called back and spoke with Justin **, He was by far the best person at the company that I've spoken to but that doesn't mean that I'm happy with the results. The end result is that I replaced my system with their word that I would be reimbursed, at the end I was offered $493 (like it was a favor to me) and still had to pay my $100 dollar deductible. I will never use them again and neither will our realtor who buys a warranty for all his clients. They're liars and cheats.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Sage. This sounds like a very frustrating experience. I am concerned to hear about your claim claim experience. I am going to escalate this to management right away for you. Thank you for your feedback and we will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We’ve had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for about 10 years. Sometimes they’re good and sometimes they’re not so good because I don't know how they choose who goes to your house. They text somebody that is nowhere near us geographically. We normally call up and it's hard enough as it is. We say to them, “Why are you taking that repair person? They live two hours away from us, and there are people that are in our town." And sometimes they're like, “Oh, well, how about this person?" or "Do you have somebody in mind?" Sometimes they just pick the next one that comes up. And sometimes they say that they’ll look and see if there's someone closer.

Also at other times also they will send an assessor to look at it before they send somebody so it just takes longer that way. We just want it repaired. Sometimes we have to wait because they have to get a part from a certain spot and they don't want to get it from the fastest spot. They want to get it from the cheapest spot. That's fine for some things but if it's something that you use every day or an appliance you use all the time that's annoying. It didn't use to be that way but they've changed things over the years.

But their customer service is good. If there's a problem it's the execution of the whole trying to get it to happen. Sometimes it's easy as they've got a part in their vehicle but if they don't have the part they're going to go through home warranty and get it approved. They got to find out if they are allowed to go get the part or if they have to wait for them to order it and have it sent.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Janice. We appreciate your constructive criticism and will definitely take into consideration some of these points you outlined. We are always looking to improve so we do thank you for offering us different ways for us to better our services. If you have any issues with a claim moving forward, please reach out to us anytime,

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I got my 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty through my mortgage company and have renewed twice already. I had made a claim over the phone and they did it fine. At first, when I had to have a heater replaced, they couldn’t find a repairman for me. I had to find my own, but they paid the bill. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives good coverage.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the the review Jerome. We are delighted to hear you are satisfied with our company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I’m not happy with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty at all. My toilet in my back bathroom is making this horrible noise even though it’s working. The rep told me they couldn’t send anybody out because the toilet was working. I’ve got a plumber on their way right now that I’ve got to pay for. Also, sometimes it’s very hard to get them on the phone. You have to keep calling and calling, and then they tell you to go online. But when I have gotten them, they’ve been all right.

I tried to call them this morning and the phone rang and rang and rang. I finally hung up because I had another call coming in. My dryer is not working. I used it last night, and it’s not heating up. So, I need to get someone out here. The last person they sent out was very good so I’d like to have the same person sent back out. But they come from Diamondhead, which is a long way away. Every time I’ve had somebody come out here, it’s never been anybody from Hammond.

When they sent the air-condition people out here, they couldn’t find the problem. And they were three different people. The last one who came out found the problem. They also have sent plumbers who couldn’t find the problem three times. They kept telling me that it was a pipe under the ground. They were not good. They didn’t know what they were talking about. Then they sent Goodbee and they walked up in my attic and flipped the switch on the water heater. That was what was wrong. I'm kind of disappointed with 2-10. In fact, I’m looking at other people right now.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi June. Thank you for reaching out to us via consumer affairs. I would like to reexamine your recent claims and see if there is anything I can do to help you with this. If you are interested in having your claim escalated, please send me a response with your property address. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I bought a house this past July 2017. The house had an old furnace. We had a home inspection done with a focus on the furnace. The furnace was turned on, tested and had a 0 Carbon Monoxide reading and deemed a workable furnace. We were assured by the realtor and lawyers that the house came with a 1 year home warranty specifically to cover the furnace if there were any problems.

Fast forward to October. I had a company come out to clean and service the furnace to prepare for winter and the heat exchanger is cracked. Per 2-10 they are denying coverage, claiming pre-existing even though the furnace was in working order with no carbon monoxide leak when we bought the house. I appealed and was denied. I was told by one of the claims personnel that this warranty isn't in place for me to decide to remodel or upgrade my house. I don't think being told that I can't turn on my furnace because it will kill me is my idea of "remodeling/ upgrading" my house. I have never written a review on a company but really want people to know how 2-10 doesn't stand behind what it promises.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Jennifer. I have to admit, reading your perspective on with this recent claim has me concerned. I am going to send this to my team to have them reexamine. I will have them review and then someone will reach out to you to discuss this further. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We had a hurricane in Florida and we lost our power for a while. When my husband tried to start the hot tub back up, the power was getting to the heater but something happened with it internally. So, my husband called 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to set up the appointment and they were very nice. The contractor came out the day after like he said he was going to and he was very knowledgeable. My husband was impressed with him. The contractor had to order the parts for the hot tub which would come in several days but as soon as they come in, he would come back to finish it. We're satisfied with what he's done so far. We’ve had 2-10 for 19 years and the experience has been fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Jean. We are overjoyed to hear that you have been with our company for almost 20 years! Thank you for your loyalty and continued business. We appreciate you very much.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I’ve had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty since 2009, and I absolutely love them. They were the warranty from my first year when we moved in, and then they sent me paperwork saying if I wanted to renew, and I did. I was kind of torn because it was a new house, and I thought maybe I shouldn’t. But my builders were awful, so I’m glad I did. And I’ve had to use their service a bunch of times. The house is not even 10 years old yet, and I’ve already had to have an air-conditioning unit replaced. I’ve also had them out for my heater. They’ve been out here many times, and it’s been a smooth experience.

Submitting a claim is super easy. You can do it on the phone or online. I usually call, and it’s an automated system, and then the service provider calls you back. They say within 24 to 48 hours. In my experience, some of them call within 12 hours. And so far, I’ve liked the people who have come to the house. A lot of them have come multiple times, so I have gotten to know them. They’re all smaller companies, like mom-and-pop kind of places, that 2-10 contracts out to. So, it’s really going to be the luck of the draw, if there happens to be a great mom-and-pop place near you. So far, I’ve been very happy with the contractors. I’ve only dealt with two separate contractors. It seems like every time I call it’s the same people who come out.

But it is a warranty service. The only thing that anybody could probably complain about is the contractors have to come out and look at something, and they have to wait for the warranty company to order the parts. So, nothing is fixed the first time they’re out. But if you look at it on the flip side, you’re only paying a deductible. So, I’m okay with waiting a week for parts to come in and not having a $700 repair bill. There was one time where I had to talk to somebody because a part for my washing machine went missing. They were supposed to have the part, and the repair place was still waiting for it. I called them and got snooty with them once. But they resolved the issue within 24 hours, and everybody I talked to was very nice. 2-10 has been well worth it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the wonderful review Monique. We are delighted to hear that despite one hiccup with a missing part, we were able to fix your claim and that you are happy with our services. Thank you for your loyalty and continued support.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I'm a real estate agent so I'm familiar with several different warranties. I liked what 2-10 covered and how they covered it. I've had other coverages through other companies, and 2-10 is superior in everything. I always do my claims through the phone. They have a web service, but I like talking to people and getting things handled and knowing that they're being addressed. I have followed through on it as well and it's efficient. A couple of times that I've had to call and complain about service contractors, 2-10 has done the best job at resolving our issues. For example, I wasn't happy with a bid that I have received from our water heater. I called 2-10 and told them that I would like a second opinion and they were happy to get somebody else out here. What wound up happening was the first guy came back with the price that I found more agreeable and they did the job just great.

The quality of work varies though. It depends on what the problem is. We've had a hot water tank recently. It was replaced and the technician did a real good job. We had a washing machine that had to be fixed and while they fixed it, it went bad relatively quickly again. I don't think they got the cause of what was causing the misalignment. So, they came back and said, "Here's the problem, we'll tighten it up." They did. I told them we needed to go further than that, but now that I understand what was wrong, took the screw up, put a knot and bolt in it. It's not going to go anywhere now. Overall, I've never been disappointed with the way that the technicians have serviced us. 2-10 gets the job done as expected and as promised.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Marc. It is relieving to hear that you have had an overall satisfying experience with our company. We appreciate the glowing review and continued support.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

They use contractors that are not customer friendly. Our washer went down and took almost 2 months to be replaced. 4 different contractors, wrong parts ordered, contractors that didnt show up and a flooded laundry room after each repair until the washer was finally replaced. A.C. problem was reported by our annual check up tech and we called to 2-10 in May, one contractor came out, said he was going to order a part and closed the work order without notifying us. The new contractor came out and said the system was fine. October the system starts acting up and who do they send out? The contractor that disappeared in May and this time he says there's a problem but disappears again (both times collected a deductible).

New contractor shows up. It's been 2 days shy of a month and still no repair has been completed. He was two hours late, took the old part to exchange it for the new and hadnt heard from him in almost 3 hours. I called his office and they tell me, "Oh he's not coming back today." Called 2-10 and all they say is sorry. How about using contractors that provide full customer service. The tech today was removing the coil in the attic and somehow allowed water to run down through the ceiling on to the furniture downstairs. 2-10 say that's not covered, sorry. Have to pay the contractor over $400 for parts not covered with this high priced warranty that is the supreme coverage.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Paul. I am very concerned to hear about your experience. I am going to escalate this claim and try to remedy this situation for you. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information