2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alyne. Thank you for the review and support. We are happy to hear you use phrases such as "user-friendly" and "willing to work with you" in regards to our services. If it was not for customers like you, we would not be as successful as we are. Thank you again!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I'm a realtor, so I know about all of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Rhonda, one of their agents, used to come to our office and speak to us. I became acquainted with her that way and I became rather loyal to her for no reason other than I always got good service from her. My customers did also, which is not my worry. If she moved, I moved with her and I can always take my clients. I have to, by law, give them some choices and I tell them that, "I use them and they've been good to me. They're very fair and they're very understanding." I would not leave them now if Rhonda did because they've been so good. They're not at all that different and it's like everything in the real estate business has connected with the good service.

I have submitted a claim online and I have done it over the phone. It was easy and they were prompt. They have nice employees. The service contractors have all been very good. It's a small town and some of them are known. Some I know by reputation and they're all very respectful and timely so far. I had one issue which wasn't 2-10's fault. They didn't have any decent service people for that in the area because Texarkana is not a very big town. We've finally got that resolved to my satisfaction and theirs. They let me use somebody out of their system. I've had them for 5 years or longer and they could not be better. I'm very pleased and recommended them to my own son. They're very user-friendly and willing to work with you. I recommend them to everybody.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Ruben. I am going to send this to my team to see if there is anything else I can do for you. Thank you for reaching out to us online.

Original review: June 18, 2017

A claim was requested for my AC unit on June 12, 2017. At the second day I contacted the provider (Tidewater Split System 757-395-4990), I was told that I will receive a call as soon she arrived at the office. Two days later I contacted 2-10 and I was told that I should be receiving a call before the end of the day to schedule an appointment. Never received the call. Now my my policy expired without receiving the service for what I paid for.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the feedback Iffat. I appreciate your point of on this claim, I can be send this to my team so that they may review.

Original review: June 16, 2017

2-10 is good but we have a couple of complaints. Last time our AC broke down and it took a week for them to come to my house to fix it, which was really hard. As a customer, we are always worried. They're not doing work in a smart way because our AC is breaking down every year. Even the worker who came to check it out was saying it needed to change. A compressor itself is expensive and the same thing keeps happening. 2-10 changes the part and keeps changing it.

Last year, 2-10 spent $2,500 and this year, they have to spend $2,000. When we have a problem, my husband talks to the manager and he asks him if they can please change the unit but they're not doing it. They're trying to save some money for a while on-the-spot but in the long run, they are spending a lot of money. Our AC can break down anytime, they still have to spend money in the future and they've been doing it for years. If they have to fix it, it takes a week. But it's not that hard to submit a claim, a report or to talk to anybody and the actual contractors are good. We can talk to 2-10 easily and they are reachable. If it's for a dishwasher, it's not a problem but if it's the refrigerator or the AC in Orlando, it's hard.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Richard. Thank you for sending us feedback on Consumer Affairs. We received your Yelp review and attempted contacting you for your property address. We however did not receive a reply. We are very concerned to hear about these contractors and the service you received. I am escalating this claim for you so that we can get to the bottom of this. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention Richard and I am so sorry you had to deal with this.

Original review: June 13, 2017

We had a double oven fail just after purchasing new home. Called in out 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. First repairman (Ace) showed up on a motorcycle claiming his truck "had just been stolen". Charged $100 and left without leaving any paperwork -- or indication of what was wrong. Never heard from again. Other appliance repairmen in area say that this guy is well known for the scam. Second referral was almost as bad. Seems Home Buyers start at bottom of the list of contractors in your area and keep going until they wear you down. Had an A/C problem this week. They refuse to participate because I called a reputable firm before giving them a week to come up with a referral. DON'T BUY THEIR SERVICE!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Kim. I am so sorry you had such a negative experience with our representative while trying to get this resolved. I will escalate this to management so that they are aware of this situation.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I am on the phone with Customer Service and have been for 25 mins, trying to fix the fact that I cannot log in. Galia who cannot give an operator # or Ext. is very rude. My information is wrong and I cannot create an account. I have asked to speak to the supervisor 5 times and I am still on hold.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Patrick. I am so sorry this has put so much stress on you and your family. This sounds like a very frustrating situation. I am going to escalate this claim right away. We will review and reach out to you.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I am giving them two stars only because the two other issues they have repaired have gone smoothly and everyone I have talked to there has displayed a commitment to good customer service and I am extremely grateful for that. My issues are with their decision making and communication. My A/C went out last summer. It was diagnosed with a leak of unknown origin. They decided to do a "leak-seal" which after researching I asked them not to do. It was obvious the system needed replacing and I offered to help with more than my share of the cost. I knew it was an old system and that leak seal was known to damage compressors.

SO what happened this spring? Compressor failed. Again, I begged them to just do the right thing and replace the system. I even offered to pay 2k out of my own pocket so that my family wouldn't have to live in the heat any longer. But no, they acted like I was crazy for suggesting such a thing. They were only concerned with the CURRENT diagnosis, not taking into account earlier issues which is absurd.

It took them almost SIX WEEKS to do the repair. (which was to just replace the compressor not the coils where the leak most likely is). During this 6 weeks both my 3 year old and my 6 year old were sick with 104 degree fevers and having to sleep in 80 degree rooms so I went and spent 400 of my own money for a portable A/C unit. They repaired the compressor last week and now the whole system has just gone down AGAIN! Probably from the new compressor blowing out the leak seal which is exactly what I told them was going to happen. Again, the demeanor of their associates is always pleasant, even when I am not. I have been very impressed with them but their decision making is awful. They can redeem themselves by finally doing the right thing this time but if it takes ANOTHER 6 weeks I am going to EXPLODE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Barbara. thank you for coming in through Consumer Affairs. I am so sorry that these delays in your claim has so greatly affected you and your husband. I am going to escalate this right away so that we can try to turn this around for you. Thank you again for reaching out to us.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have submitted a claim to have my A/C repaired on 5/1/2017. As of today, it still has not been repaired. The contractor that came out said that the coil was bad, we waited for 2 weeks or more for that to be ordered and when he came back out to install it it was damaged. As to my knowledge I am still waiting on the contractor to get another one through your purchasing department and as of last week when I called, there was no tracking available so that means the new coil has not been shipped.

My husband is an invalid and has various other medical conditions and is currently sleeping on the couch downstairs because it is dangerously hot for him to sleep upstairs when the outside temp alone is 90 degrees. I also am a senior citizen with a few health issues and the extreme heat in our home is not healthy for either of us. I NEED MY A/C FIXED ASAP!!!

I'm sure if I was with another home warranty company it would not have taken this long. I have made the copay and expect work to be done in a timely manner. The service that I am getting from your company is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Even after the contractor gets the part needed there will still be a delay depending on when they will have a opening to come out and complete the job. This is not the first time I have had to wait more than a month for a claim to be settled with your company. The last one was December 2016 and I waited over a month and a half to have my washing machine claim settled.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Barbara. We will work on improving our efficiency with these claims so that you no longer experience delays. We appreciatte your continued business.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I've been with 2-10 for four years. I chose to get coverage with them since I didn't like the other warranty companies. Some of my experiences with claims have been good. The one that was really bad was for an air conditioner that was out in the summer. I made the claim over the phone and they gave me a list of people, all of whom were busy. At that point, everybody's air conditioner was out and the technicians were doing what they could, but none of them could come until the week after. So, I didn't use any of the contractors that 2-10 suggested.

The tech that wasn't busy and would come at night, 2-10 wouldn't pay for and I finally wound up paying for it. 2-10 left me a long message on the phone about who I could call to get a refund but I didn't like that at all. But anything that's not urgent, 2-10 seems to do well enough. There has been no problem with the dishwasher. I had also tried roofing, but they didn't have any contractors that did metal roofs, but it wasn't as horrendous as the air condition experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We are working with this customer now to resolve this, Thank you.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Here's my experience. Having two issues at this point. Fridge stopped working. They sent a repair guy. Cashed his service fee. Didn't solve the problem. Called him three times. No answer. Finally called them back. They assigned another contractor. Made an appointment. Canceled work and sat at home. He didn't show up. They called him. He said I didn't have an appointment despite me talking to him three times on the phone and confirming on the morning of my appointment! Still fridge doesn't work. Horrible service. Their contractors are the worst. No wonder they can't find local contractors to work with them and they have to get someone from 3 hours away to fix my fridge!

2 different times and still the fridge doesn't work! It's been 2 weeks. And there's absolutely no follow through. You call to talk to a supervisor, they make sure you are on the phone for at least an hour until you decide it is not worth your time and decide to give up. AC broke. Third time. Every time they send the same contractor and comes in with a list of repairs. Still broken and now a bunch of out of pocket "uncovered" items. Save your money. Go with another company. They're the worst!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Keith. This sounds like a very exhausting experience. I will escalate this again to be sure another team is looking through this. Thank you for submitting a review.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Owned one 2-10 warranty for 11 years (renewed in June 2017 for 11th year), another (2012-2022) for 5 years on new construction. Since everything was new, never used the warranty until last month. WH started leaking, scheduled installation of an equivalent replacement in mid-may. Replacement was installed 8 days after calling it in which was not great but tolerable since it was leaking but functional.

June 4th WH stopped, and couldn't get it lit again. Called, arranged for original plumber to recall. After waiting 4 days for appointment, plumber couldn't explain why WH went out, after a while got it running again. It stayed lit for less than a day, and will not re-light. Original plumber couldn't service for 4 days. Called 2-10 to transfer to another plumber, but they don't have one in the Olympia WA area. They promised that dispatch would get a hold of us within 3 working days, (6 days). They do not consider installing WH known for having a failing switch a problem. They are not willing to pay for original plumber over-time to fix the issue, or insist original plumber fix it on own dime quickly.

They insist we have an option to go out of network, but they will not promise to pay anything. There are multiple plumbers that do 24/7 service in the area, but they would not call to arrange a contract. Escalated to 2-10 corporate, but do not expect to hear back from them. Called original plumber and they said the warranty service does not cover after hours or weekend service time. We can pay for emergency service to fix a faulty switch installed by 2-10 HW contracted plumber. Had considered adding another warranty to recent home purchase. However with lack of customer support and unwillingness to stand behind contracted work, or even negotiate a win-win solution, I am not considering it extending their service at this time. Will add pictures next time I make the 6hr round trip to the house.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there. We are going to you make sure this has been resolved or moving towards resolution. I am so sorry you have experience delays and a lack of authentic communication.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Call 2-10 on 6/6 at lunch. As of 6/9 nothing. Every time I call I get the same old line, "We can't find a contractor." They tell me, "You can go out of network" which is looking like I may have to do to get my refrigerator working right. The customer service rep are like they are reading a book. Everything with them takes 24-72 hours. That is crazy. They don't let you know that they are working on it. No calls or email saying, "We are still looking." Nothing. You have to be the one that does all the calling. We ended up with them when we got our home and I am NOT happy with them AT ALL.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review I will investigate this and see what we can do. If there is anything I can do to turn this around, I will do.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Had the same plumbing issue 2 times in 6 months, got the same plumbing company and technician both times. I had to show the "technician" where and what the issue was both times, and because this person didn't want to deal with my issue, he told 2-10 that my problem was caused by a commercial grade toilet, thus 2-10 denied the claim. I feel that your customer service is very poor, I was told that I could call someone else at my expense and have them submit their findings to be reviewed by 2-10. I am out $150 in deductibles for an issue that was never resolved. I feel that someone should have been sent out to reevaluate the problem at no cost to me.

PS. I am in the process of selling a home, that I have agreed to provide a homeowner's warranty on, but will not be using your services for this. I will definitely be utilizing someone else's services for this home, and will recommend that everyone do the same. I was also told that I could submit a claim for reimbursement of my deductible, but was not given proper channels for submission.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Opal. I am delighted to hear you have had a generally positive experience with 2-10 HBW. I appreciate your empathy with our contractor as summer is the busiest season for those in this industry. I apologize that we were unable to cover your sink. Moving forward, if you ever want to discuss coverage with a representative at any time, reach out to myself and my team via social media. We will connect you with an escalation team that will hear you out on your point of view as well as discuss with you why we made the decision we made. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to being apart of your next home's systems.

Original review: June 8, 2017

We had 2-10 but they wouldn't cover my faucet so we went with another company. My daughter didn't like it so we had it for a short time and then we went back to 2-10. She was more satisfied with the people there. She submits claims by phone and then a person phones us and tells us they're coming out at a certain time. Overall, I enjoy the guys that came out because they've been nice to me and I have no qualms about them. The most recent one we had fixed was the refrigerator ice maker and the service person was out here in a zap. Also, I was here by myself when the guy that fixed our washer came. And he was absolutely great and he treated me like a human being.

We submitted a claim for the air conditioner and we had a terrible time with it because the guy that came out promised to come back the next day and he got work done on something, and he took off somewhere else. So, we had to wait for three days and I thought I was gonna die since that was in July and it was 110 degrees. But I don’t blame him for not coming back because it was a time when 3,000 people had their air conditioners go out. So my daughter was getting ready to take me and my dog down to the hotel down here on Grand so we could at least have some cool weather. And then we went out and bought an air conditioner for the room but it didn't work because the house is too big. The service guys pounded on old air conditioner a while and fixed it, and it has worked since.

The only thing is that sometimes 2-10 don't fix the things that I really need to be fixed like my sink. The thing that you pull up to hold the water into the sink and let it out broke and fell down into the pipe and they said they wouldn't fix it. Other than that, we'd recommend 2-10 to somebody. And we're moving into another house when it gets built. So, 2-10 will probably go with us.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Tim. Thank you for reaching out to us on Consumer Affairs. I will send this off to my team to see if we can expedite this process for you.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Our a/c coil was leaking causing the unit to blow warm air. 2-10's contractor diagnosed the issue and called to tell me that the part was on order and they would fix it with no charge. Two or three days later they called to tell me that the repair was under review. Remember it's summer in Florida. The young lady on the phone was very confused and could not explain what was happening. I asked for a supervisor who got on the phone with me. I complained that it is too late to review after my repair was approved. He apologized for the first person calling me and giving me wrong info, but insisted that further review was necessary. I lost it. I've had food poisoning for two days and this guy wants to tell me BS. I paid all this money for a warranty and these folks want to jerk me around.

Needless to say, I was rude on the phone. My air is still broken and as far as I can tell it will remain so unless I pay for a new unit. So you tell me... why have a warranty. Today's date 06/08/2017. Feeling completely ripped off. Normal daytime temp here is 90 plus degrees. I wonder if the price of the part is the problem. About 2000 bucks. Maybe they just don't want to pay? Imagine that!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for contacting us Mai. I am very sorry for the nightmare this claim has been for you. I am going to escalate this right away so that we can review this.

Original review: June 7, 2017

First, if I could give 2-10 a negative 10 stars, I would. My experience in getting them to address the AC problem has been a nightmare. Early May, claim submitted, they would not get anyone out to check out the problem because no contractors want to take the call, so they authorized out of network contractor who come out and provided a diagnose back to 2-10 that the heat pump needs to be replaced. However, out of network contractors refuse to deal with 2-10 because they take months to pay invoice. 2-10 claimed the quote was too high and wanted a second opinion. They send another contractor who came out to the house and informed me that the heat pump needs to be replaced. It took my property manager calling 2-10 daily, and me calling them about every 2-3 days and now, two weeks later, replacement approval has not been execute.

I called again today, call center gave me the same answer they did two weeks ago, claimed contractor did not provide diagnosis. I asked to speak to a supervisor, I got transferred to claim management department, who put me on hold twice then eventually call got cut off. Shanika did call me back to tell me that the heat pump unit does not need to be changed and only need to change compressor and need the compressor model and part numbers to move forward. She stated that the brand new compressor was put in last September. I asked her when will this be done as it has been over a month and she provided the standard response: "We will try to get this resolved for you as soon as we can."

First, she was not the person who came out to the house nor the expert, how would she determine that the entire unit does not need to be replaced? Second, if the compressor was new and was put in back in September 2016, shouldn't that work order be on file for her to look up model and part numbers? So as of now, 6 June 8:36 pm, over a month later, still no resolution, AC still broken, my tenants want compensations for an overheated house where they cannot sleep which affect their studies. I paid for the warranty for 3 years for services that have been unacceptable, and only a year in. I will contact Maryland office of attorney general next to ask them what my next course of action should be. I will also seek out info of this company's execs and will contact them or have my lawyer contact them if this issue is not resolved by 10 June. Work order number is **.

Resolution response: June 15, 2017

I was called by a rep from the presidential office and she apologized for how their company handled our claim. She was unable to do anything about reimbursement, since the part that was responsible for the repairs was covered by the manufacturer's warranty. This said, the manufacturer's warranty doesn't include refrigerant or labor that cost us $1400. The rep offered me $250 in a gesture of good will. I still feel like we were ripped off by purchasing a warranty that cannot do anything for us, since everything in our home is still under the manufacturer's warranty. I feel like this is a big loop hole and way for the company to make money - we will "cover" you, but we won't cover anything under a warranty - so basically they cover nothing. If I would have been told this when I first purchased it, I would have upgraded to the level of protection that would cover our home. I am still very displeased and we have since cancelled our policies.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Amber. That sounds like a very frustrating series of events. I am deeply apologetic for the lack of communication you had with us during this claim. I am going to escalate these issues so that we can try to turn this around for you. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I am very dissatisfied with the service, or rather the lack of service we received from 2-10 Home Warranty. Our AC stopped working and 2-10 was very unresponsive in helping us getting it fixed. I had to call them multiple times to figure out what was going on. First, they told me they couldn't help me during the weekend - which is brutal during the summer heat in Florida. Second, they didn't have an in-network provider and told us to get our own and they would reimburse us. They requested my contractor contact them. He tried for over a week to get them to call him back and they never did. Once the work was completed, I emailed them our invoice as they had requested. I heard nothing. I again had to keep calling to try and figure out what was going on.

When I finally got in contact with someone, they told me they saw that I had emailed them the invoice, but that the representative failed to upload it. They asked me to send it again. Then a week passes and I still have heard nothing. I call again and they again asked me to send in my invoice. A few days passes and I've heard nothing, even though the rep said she would respond to me to let me know she received our invoice. So I call again. After trying to talk to someone, I get a call back two hours later and they inform me that they aren't going to reimburse us at all since the part was under manufacturer's warranty.

Well even though the part was under the manufacturer's warranty, the 12 gallons of refrigerant and labor were not. They told me we were SOL for the $1400, because the part was the reason we lost all of the refrigerant. Basically, we bought a home warranty, that includes AC repairs, for something they won't cover since it's "covered under warranty." Why even bother having a warranty with them?! We are cancelling our policies and will be going with a better company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Gretchen. Thank you for reaching out to us. I am going to send this off to a team so that we can try to turn this around for you.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I have been a satisfied customer of 2-10 for 9 years, however my current ongoing experience is disappointing and frustrating. My A/C is not cooling properly. It has been as hot as 86 degrees in my home and I have a child. I have told 2-10 this. I submitted a claim on a major A/C issue that started a month ago. Each time I call I have to hold (today 25 minutes) to talk to a different person, revalidate my information, explain myself over and over, refer them to the notes on my claim, get different answers.

To take a month on a claim is unacceptable. And to top it off, when the contractor came to my home last Friday (a month in) he found a problem and stopped there without going deeper to thoroughly diagnose the issue. When I asked him if he checked the coil (where the leaks are) he said no. I finally asked him to leave. Now I am back on the phone with 2-10 trying to get to a supervisor. To treat a customer with such poor service is beyond my understanding. Luckily, I am stubborn enough that I will fight this to the end. Wish me luck. I cannot recommend 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Jordan. We are very disappointed to hear both experiences with us so far have not gone well. We are going to review your claim and see if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 5, 2017

This is the second time I’ve had to deal with 2-10 in a month on 2 different issues - first time my claim did not qualify because I don’t have the certain level of coverage. And after this experience - I’m 0/2 in positive results. I really do not believe that 2-10 has over 3 stars - I'm pretty sure the high ranking reviews are not real. Outside of this site, you don't see any with much more than 2 or 3 stars. I have made more than 6 phone calls to 2-10 about 1 issue, yes one, where I actually talked to someone. I was hung up on twice (not counted in my 6 times) and was told I'd be contacted back and that never happened until I called back 4 days later.

The issue is with water in my house - pressure is too high and the hot water tank keeps popping off, so I called 2-10. At first not too bad about getting someone in touch with me - their choice on plumber. Plumber was actually pretty good, not flexible on his times to come, but overall good and thorough (which is most the reason they get 2 stars instead of 1). They evaluated the issue very well and came up with 3 items to fix the issues properly. A new pressure reducing valve to the house, replacing a failed temperature device on hot water tank, and a tempering valve to control the water going to the house - last one is needed based on the type of heating system that is in the house. 2-10 approved 2 of the 3 - they would not cover the tempering valve - said it was "new" equipment and they only service current items.

The tempering valve is not only required by code, but is a safety item to prevent scalding or burning. While some of the customer service people on the phone said they "understood" it was still denied by the people they "checked" with. A warranty is meant to fix things when they are not working - and fixing does not mean fix partially - especially when it involves safety. It is very apparent to me they are not concerned with approving what needs to be done safely to make the repairs properly as much as they are about saving and making money. I made each of the people I spoke with aware that the decision they made to not safely repair the issue, with the recommendations of the plumber 2-10 provided, who actually had their eyes on the system, will be considered negligence when my son, my wife, or myself gets burned by scalding hot water - and they will have to explain that to the proper authority.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Cheryl. I am happy to hear about your experience with us. We will definitely try our best to make our phone lines more accessible for our clients. Hopefully moving forward we can continue to improve our services for you and the rest of our customers. Thank you for the support and the feedback,

Original review: June 5, 2017

2-10 was the home buyer’s warranty that my builder used and when the 10 years for everything else ran out, I contacted them to re-up. I've filed a claim a couple times now and they've been responsive. However, the last time, 2-10 sent the wrong kind of person. When I filed the claim, they sent an electrician when I needed somebody else. But other than that, everybody they sent has been good. Also, they all want everybody to do everything online and I don't like to do that. That is frustrating. But sometimes I could be on hold for 20 minutes till I talk to a person. But once I get somebody on the phone I get a good result. Overall, I've had a positive experience with 2-10 so I'll stick with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Donna. Thank you for reaching out to us online. I will send this to a team to see if there is anything we can do to turn this situation around for you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Original review: June 3, 2017

We entered into an extended warranty on all appliances and air conditioning when our builders warranty expired. Lennar referred us to 2-10 warranty company. The microwave broke within one year. 2-10 states it is not a built in microwave but GE states it is a built in. 2-10 issued a warranty for our microwave but states the microwave is not covered. So why am I under contract for a warranty with 2-10 if it is not covered?

They sent a technician to repair the microwave on 3/23. We paid $75.00 for the visit. The technician stated the sensors needed to be replaced. It would take 7 business days to replace. Two months later and 3 additional work orders to have it repaired to then be told by 2-10 they would not repair or replace because the model was not covered in the contract.

What type of warranty company issues a contract to cover an appliance - gets confirmation from the manufacturer on a taped conversation that the microwave is a built in unit and refuses to honor the contract? The answer is a company that is dishonest and not reputable. Stay away from this company. Do NOT sign any contracts with them. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced and after 10 weeks of being jerked around they will not honor your contract.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Karen. I am very sorry for the stress this claim has caused yo. Hopefully this has been resolved but I will send someone to take another look at it to make sure. We appreciate you giving us feedback and hopefully we can use this to do better next time.

Original review: June 2, 2017

So it's 10:30 pm on June 1, 2017. My master bedroom air stopped cooling One Month ago and still is not fixed. I've been through 2 vendors sent by 2-10. The first one claimed it was fixed But it wasn't. The second showed up 2 weeks ago and never returned. I can't even count the number of times and hours I've spent on the phone with vendors and 2-10 to get the air fixed with no result. I don't have any confidence in the vendors that 2-10 selects. They must negotiate the rates so low that only second class companies sign up as a vendor. Two days ago 2-10 Finally escalated my issue and I'm told that a vendor will be out to see me tomorrow. Well, we will see. Very dissatisfied with 2-10. Choose another company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Brenda. That sounds extremely frustrating and I will see what I can do. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and we will be in touch soon.

Original review: June 1, 2017

To say that I am unsatisfied is highly underestimating my frustration towards your company right now. I have an existing claim to have a part fixed on my AC unit that has been going on for 4+ weeks, with no resolution in sight. I have sat on hold for more than 10 hours, during 9 phone calls with your company. The part needed was initially shipped to the wrong place for our contractor (assigned by YOUR company). I had to wait another week + for the part to be re-shipped to the correct place. The contractor finally gets the part and comes to my home to install it today and IT'S THE WRONG PART. So now, I'm sitting on hold AGAIN -waiting for your Parts Dept. to pick up the phone and be rude to me - once again. If someone can actually help me, I would appreciate it if you could contact me immediately.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Michael. We are very disappointed to hear how this has went. I am going to do my best to see this claim is turned around for you. I will send this to my team and hopefully we can move this to resolution.

Original review: May 31, 2017

We live in southern as it's summer and we have had no a.c. for over a month. I've called them and the a.c. company almost every day. Every time I've had a different answer. I finally was given an answer and got a manager after trying for a month. The manager said he made a decision and we would have a.c. eta yesterday. It didn't happen. They say he doesn't work in that department and the person refused to allow us to speak to a manager. They haven't called us back when they said. And now they say they can't repair or replace this item. I have to take a buyout or pay for the modifications. It's been a month and 6 days with nothing...

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Teresa. This sounds like a collection of very frustrating experiences. It sounds like we should talk through your service agreement and reexamine some of these claims to see if there is anything we could do to better assist you. I will send this off to my team right away.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The owners that we bought our condo from paid for the 2-10 Home Warranty for us in Sept 2016. I am so happy we didn't waste our money on it because the "warranty" has been useless. We have had a plumber come out 3 times to do nothing. He would leave to say he would be back and that followed up with very rude calls from 2-10 to say the warranty does not cover our problems. Famous words, "Your warranty does not cover that". I would love to know what it covers because as of today we have paid contractors more out of pocket than 2-10 has to get nothing done.

We had an appliance guy come out for the refrigerator and dishwasher that started leaking, it was 100.00 per each appliance on the same visit from the same repairman. We said no to him looking at the dishwasher and just bought a new one before he charged us another 100.00 to say the problem wouldn't be covered. With the Customer Service you call to say you have a problem that needs repairs, they have been nice but Customer Service you talk to when they won't cover something are as rude as they come. Hateful is a better word.

I have hung up on them twice already, today being 1 of the 2 times. We have a Heat & Air person coming out today also, I guess we will see how that goes or if it's another 100.00 thrown in the garbage for them to say, "Your warranty doesn't cover that" by another rude customer service rep. If it happens again I will cancel our contract today.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you so much for the positive review Linda. We are happy to hear that your contractor treated you so well. If you ever need anything else, please feel to reach out to us online.

Original review: May 30, 2017

We had a horrible experience with another warranty provider. Our realtor recommended 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and we trusted her. We've been with them for about a year and a half now, and it's been easy submitting a claim. I do it on the phone and they take in all the information and they're polite. The claims representative has been very nice, knowledgeable, quick and efficient.

When I called on a Saturday, a claims person told me it was going to take until Monday for the contractor to call back. They did call on Monday and they said they'll come on Tuesday or Wednesday. But I said we really needed them to come that day. A tech came that afternoon while the rain was pouring down. It was very nice. He checked that we had changed the filters on our air conditioning system. He went out and looked at the thing and diagnosed the problem. He then contacted 2-10 Home Buyers and he fixed the problem right there on the spot. It has really been a good experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings. We are delighted to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We hope to keep providing you with quality service for years to come.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I moved into this home a year back and my previous owner got insurance from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. He transferred it to me and I'm continuing. Submitting claims was easy. I go on the internet and do it from their website. Then, a contractor will get in touch, generally, within 24 hours. Recently, we had some air conditioning issue which went really good. But the very first time we had some issue, they didn't do that good. I asked him to look into the vent and I have two, one in the attic and one is in the basement. He said okay but his contract is only for the air conditioner in the attic which is the problem. But the second time was really good. Also, it's a great peace of mind to have it. I can have a good response immediately.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings LaShaundra. Thank you for the very thorough review of your experiences with us. I am going to escalate this to my team so that we can reexamine your claim. Thank you for reaching out to us online.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I have had the services of 2-10 consistently since 2012 when I moved into my home. I have called on their services one other time before in the middle of 2015. The contractor stated that all my a/c unit needed was more freon. I paid what I was advised and the following year my husband and I both worked long periods of time away from our home not using our unit. Now that we are back home for the summer I have realized my unit was not working and have had to call back again. This is where my experience gets horrible! I call in to initiate a ticket for my not blowing unit as I have done previously. I was advised the contractor would be at my home from the hrs of 12-4.

To make sure I am home I call off of work and wait for the contractor. The contractor calls and states that he is 45 min out. After an hour and a half has passed I call him back and he states that he has already been to my home and on his way to his next job. I call the 2-10 again and let them know to send someone else and I do not want this gentleman out to my home. The 2nd contractor I was told would arrive the following Saturday again between the hours 12-4. My husband and I wait and again no contractor arrives. I call in once again and was advised another contractor will contact me for an appt. The next time I was contacted was the following Monday when the contractor was outside my home. Just happy a contractor arrived while I was home. I opened the door and while he diagnosed my a/c I kindly waited with $100 for his visit.

Shortly after 2-10 called me to let me know I would need to pay $632 for my out of pocket costs for my unit. I requested a breakdown and was transferred. I asked the 2nd rep the same question and after a combined total of 42 min on the phone with both reps I was advised that my account was not documented correctly and they would need to call me back. The rep also advised that my cost could go up. I advised her that, "You called me to pay $632 with an undocumented account and no information as to my questions." She apologized as all customer reps are trained to do and again I am left where I started waiting for answers.

I received an email advising another contractor will be coming to my home. Knowing I pay $100 every time a contractor comes out I call 2-10 again to find out what is going on since it has been 4 days since I was supposed to receive a call. I was advised my out of pocket expenses were now over $1300! I again asked for the breakdown. At this time I am so extremely frustrated with the reps reading from the screen I email the contractor for a better understanding.

I was very satisfied with the breakdown that I received from the contractor himself. Among the parts that were not covered under my insurance that I pay monthly was a rollout switch for my furnace to automatically cut my furnace off when it gets too hot preventing such issues as my house burning down! The contractor advised me that this had previously been cut and bypassed. Along with that the issues and money that I racked up with this visit was somehow not seen by the previous contractor that 2-10 sent to service my a/c as they say my biggest investment.

I immediately get off the phone with the contractor and call 2-10. I question the fact that I was not advised of the hazardous situation that the contractor had advised me the previous contractor had left my home in. At this time I cannot even think about the fact that if the previous contractor they had contracted had done their job I would not have such a huge problem today!

The rep advised me that I will need to contact and file a claim for my home insurance since every year I sign a new contract with 2-10 they are no longer responsible for the claims in that year. She advised the best she can do is escalate this to the department for property damage to my home. At this point I am furious! The one time that I really need assistance and guidance I am left waiting after calling off of my job, given miscommunication, and left with an extreme fire hazard in my home!! I reached out for their services so that my home would be protected and I was able to trust the contractors that I let inside of my home.

I have reached back out to the contractor myself to make arrangements that everything concerning my unit would be fixed properly and my family will be safe going forward. I will continue to follow up to find out what is done with the previous contractor to make sure the contractor I was sent previously is not sent to anyone else's home! I got 2-10 to bypass much of the headache and aggravation of having to work with contractors and being taken advantage of. I was advised to call 2-10 back in a couple days to make my payment of $1300. As disgusted as I am, all I want is to get this hazard fixed in my home immediately!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Linda. Thank you for your feedback. I am going to send your review to my team. We will take the time to reexamine your claim.

Original review: May 27, 2017

After purchasing an older home, built in 1948, I thought it prudent to buy a home warranty. The intent was to potentially save money in the event of a catastrophic repair and save time by letting the warranty find a contractor to make the repairs. I was generally satisfied with 2-10 Home Warranty in dealing with small, non-emergency plumbing and electrical issues, but 2-10 failed miserably when I really needed it. The main sewer line backed up and we had sewer water on the basement floor. Any water used in the house was making the situation worse. Over the course of a week, 2-10 Home Warranty dispatched 3 different contractors, none of which were willing or able to respond.

I finally found my own plumber who responded the same day I called. Unfortunately, despite its failure to find me a plumber and the inconvenience of the water and sewage problem, 2-10 Home Warranty's reimbursement was only $72. On top of that, although the plan covers clearing sewer line blockage, if the cause of the blockage turns out to be root encroachment the coverage is negated! Don't waste your time and money on 2-10 Home Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Monique. On behalf of 2-10 I apologize sincerely for the lack of communication between us and the contractor. I hope that in receiving this review today, that this has been resolved by now. None the less, we shall reexamine your claim. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 26, 2017

We are anticipating more hot 90+ degree weather, and with that being said we have been without A/C since 5/19. We contacted 2-10 5/19 and had to wait until 5/22 for a Technician to come out to our home. Then the part was ordered and made available 5/24. According to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty the part has been available and ready for pick up since 5/24. In contacting 2-10 today, 5/26 they indicated that they have not had any contact with the assigned Contractor this far? We are in 90 degree weather, and the part is just sitting there. I reached out to the contractor Fink Mechanical - Fuquay Varina, NC on 5/25 and today 5/26 and left several messages indicating that the part is available and that the home is still without A/C, but to no avail. In complaining to 2-10 on 5/26, they then decided to reach out to the Contractor. Should they have not been contacted 5/24, and if this is not a dependable company, why are you utilizing their services!!

The technician who came out to our home indicated that it would be after Memorial Day if the part was not in prior to the weekend. Well, it has definitely been available prior to the weekend, 5/24 to be exact according to 2-10 and the confirmation email received. This is ridiculous! No return call or email. Suzy with 2-10 indicated that in order to utilize another Contractor at this point will prolong the order, but if they were on the ball 5/24 or prior we would have air now!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Greg. We are going to take a look at this claim again. Thank you for reaching out to us and hopefully we can use your experience with us to do better next time.

Original review: May 26, 2017

What a joke! Set up a service request on a Wed. No response till I called Monday. Finally got a plumber out here on Tuesday. He said he needed to order water heater, maybe Thursday or Friday to complete. Thursday came and went so I called contractor Friday morning. He’s not sure the water heater came in, 2-10 was waiting on approval from me? Tech’s truck getting new exhaust etc. He will check and call me right back. Nope. Called 2-10 and was put on hold for enough time. I hung up. I sent in cancellation via email since communication sucks with this company. They apparently don't have very high standards on contractors. What a scam.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi here Dana. Thank you for the review. We appreciate your support and loyalty.

Original review: May 26, 2017

My builder suggested 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when I bought the house. I've had them for nine years and I've had a good experience to date. They're professional and they provide high-quality service. I'd submit claims and it's quick and dirty. They have very simple web interface. The service contractors have been very professional, always first rate. I've recommended them to others and I would use them in the future.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile