$18 to $67.79

ARW Home

View Plan
Overall Rating1.0 out of 5

About 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Structural warranties for new homes
    • Flexibility in selecting service providers
    • Provides essential coverage
    • Roof leak coverage available

Cons

• Service call fees can be high
    • Some state restrictions

Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Orange Park, FL

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was al...

Verified
    Cornelius, NC

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear f...

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

Coverage packages cover the cost of repairing or replacing certain systems, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.

2-10 service plans are not available in Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty starts at $19 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which ranges from $85 to $125. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
    • Built-in microwave
    • Disposal
    • Trash compactor
    • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
    Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
    Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
    Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
    Limited roof leak$1,000/term
    Septic system$500/term
    Swimming pool$1,000/term
    Well pump$500/term
    Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
    Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
    *Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
    2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
    3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
    4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2023

Horrible company. Sent out one of their contractors to fix my refrigerator and they made it worse. Now we need a new one and 2-10 Warranty will not fight for us as customers and only want to give us $400 for a 5 yr old French door refrigerator. They will not go after their contractor, who ruined our appliance. They don't give a ** about their customers. Bad company. Hiring atty and reported to BBB.

Customer ServiceCoverageTech

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

This is a horrible company. I name them 0-10. They give the service calls to horrible contractors. They did not fix my dishwasher. My dish washer is in the air not attached to anything. They are saying that the brackets are not part of operations. I asked them is it in my contract that brackets are not covered? They said no it’s not. I don’t recommend to anyone.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Claims HandlingTech

Reviewed Sept. 7, 2023

This company will do what it can to deny your claim in Sept 2023. My A/C died in the middle of summer. A technician came to my house and confirmed the only issue was the start-up capacitor, which he replaced in Aug 2023. The A/C worked perfectly for two more weeks then died again. The technician on this visit stated the Freon was gone. He submitted the claim which then was denied because a 2-10 employee guessed this was pre-existing condition. The A/C technician refuted that with them but 2-10 sided with their employee's opinion over the facts from the A/C technician. Save your money and would avoid them at all costs.

Claims HandlingCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2023

2-10 has 90-120 minute wait times. They look for loopholes to not cover you. Our hot water heater is working properly, we didn’t get hot water, lukewarm at best. We paid the $100 deductible and they add it inspected. Since it technically is working they won’t cover it. It went out completely 2 days later. Since I already filed a claim for the water heater they won’t allow another one done for it. Just a horrible company.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2023

I'm trying to submit my first claim and no one answered the phone, they offer to call you back when it's your turn, but clearly after 10 hours my guess is that the people waiting at that time was already serviced, or not? is this company like that always or it's worst. It didn't stop there, after 24 hours I was able to talk to someone and I could not please the request because my account was on hold, why was on hold? who know they didn't know and suposedly they fixed it. Keeps getting worse, after contacting the service provider selected, they mentioned they don't work my area, so since it's Saturday go screw yourself with the ac and 90 degrees heat. I guess this is a complete scam I could have called my people and fix this immediately. 0 points review but they don't have a 0

Claims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

I have had a warranty with 2-10 since April of 2017. 2-10 provided the warranty that came with the house which was a new build. Each time I have put in a claim they do not cover the issue. The only appliance they covered was my self cleaning oven and the third party repairman told me they would rather I not use the self clean feature in order to avoid any further claims on it. I have made a claims on a dishwasher, stovetop and now my air conditioner unit and they have refused to cover it. Each time I end up paying the $75 deductible, but then I also end up paying for the repairs or replacement myself. They are nothing more than scammers.

Customer ServiceTechRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

We used 2-10 from 2021, we had then great service. My experience for the last 6 months: Service request #1 AC guy can only come in 5 days. My house is in Florida was in July, my tenants have a kid. When I asked the contractor if it can possible be earlier because this is just unacceptable he replied that everyone is in the same boat, I was able to find 2 companies that were able to come the same day. I used another company and used 2-10 to reimbursement (180$) submitted the receipt online, no response.

Service request #2 - gas stove - contractor came did the diagnostic, said that he is going to order a part took the 100$ and disappeared. Unable to get in contact with 2-10, wait time 3 hours, unable to reach the contractor (not answering his phone). After a weeks of calling and waiting the tenants got upset and bought a stove. After hours of waiting on the line to speak with 2-10 they said there is nothing they can do. Just send another contractor or refund the 100$ fee. They just got too big and don’t care anymore. I am canceling them today. Horrible. :(

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverage

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

Purchased a new construction home through a very small builder and got a 1/2/10 warranty via 2-10 Home Buyer's Warranty as part of the purchase. I closed in February 2023 and received a single sheet of paper in the mail that was my "certificate of coverage." No other paperwork or warranty agreement info with the details of what's covered, how to file a warranty request, etc.. Had to call them to get a warranty booklet - which they emailed me (why didn't that come in the mail with the certificate?). With my first warranty request/claim I called them to start the process. They told me to contact my builder.

What? I have no warranty contract with my builder but that's the way it works at 2-10. 2-10 doesn't lift a finger to get involved in warranty claims for their customers. What a great business! 'Let's sell warranties, take the money, mail a piece of paper, then do absolutely nothing after that.' And, when you read their booklet they exclude a lot of things. What they do cover can be taken away as well.

Yesterday my Samsung microwave stopped working (one-year MFR warranty). Called Samsung and gave them the serial number. They said it went out of warranty a month ago because the builder purchased it 13 months ago (remember, I bought house 6 months ago - I should have another 6 months of warranty for it). Called 2-10 to find out if they will cover it under their warranty. Answer was, "We don't cover appliances."

In addition, they make unilateral decisions on claim requests without any facts behind them. For instance they told me my water was of too poor of a quality to honor a plumbing-related claim. How do they know that? What standard do they use (which is not in the warranty booklet). Had to dig deep with them to get them to provide an additional document which had the standards they use. Now it's on me (not them, because they don't do anything) to test the elements of the water - on my own time and expense. Also, 2-10 employees don't bother to reply to emails to the mailboxes they provide.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingTech

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

I had three appliances with problems. Put in service tickets. Contractor came out, collected the deductible, which he promptly signed the check on my wall and collected immediately. He then order many parts. 2-10 gave me the list of parts ordered. Finally, he came out and spent about 45 minutes on all three appliances and left. He did not install any of the parts ordered. I kept telling company what he was doing, and they would not listen. About 3 months later, they finally sent out a new contractor.

In the meantime, my refrigerator, went out on a weekend and we lost all of the food. Could not do a claim online. On Monday, I find out there is a problem with the warranty. After all day on the phone, every department says I need to talk to another department--EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT STORY--NO ONE WILL ESCALATE! Have spent a fortune for no service. Have probably spent on electricity what the repairs would have cost. Run--Don't walk from this company!

TechSales & Marketing

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2023

Service requested for a/c over 48 hrs ago. No contact from any contractor. Service ticket said to be contacted within 24 hrs. It’s 100+ here in Texas. You can request your service request be escalated…. After 7 days! Seems to be a scam.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
      Response from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Jeffrey, we're sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. What you've described is not the experience we aim to provide. If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message at facebook.com/210HomeBuyersWarranty with your service address and we'll be happy to help in any way we can.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information

13900 E. Harvard Avenue
        Aurora
        CO
        www.2-10.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: