2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there William. We appreciate your 12 years of business. Loyalty like yours helps keep us running. Thank you for the feedback and support.

Original review: May 10, 2017

It's been at least 12 years since we started with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. The builder Lenore had given us that coverage for a year and I've kept continuing it. When I submitted claims on the phone, they were always handled expeditiously. The reps were usually cordial and knowledgeable. Most recently I had a technician out for garbage disposal repair or replacement and it was excellent. I was real happy with it. Although, the price has been going up considerably since I started with them, and the co-pay is going up too. But as long as they continue servicing my products and fix them, I'm okay with that. They've always come through for me.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings! If you ever have any issues with a contractor, we want you to report it to us immediately. We will take care of any issues or communication between your and our service providers. Thank you for the decade of continued business and support Daniel.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I've had 2-10 for home warranty for about 10 years. They are the ones I had in my house when I bought it. I didn't do it for a year and then I decided to take it back. The payment went up this year but that's all right. My experience with the customer service has been mostly good. I would submit a claim over the phone and then they'd send somebody out. However, sometimes the technicians that come out aren’t that great. They don't show up and they'll reschedule. Then I lose a day off at work and then I got to do it again the next day. But the appliances they serviced are all good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We are delighted to hear about your experience with us Ashley. Thank you for your review and support.

Original review: May 12, 2017

At the time that my home warranty was going to expire, I received an email from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and I looked them up. They sound good so I gave them a try. I had a warranty work done and the process was quite easy. The people who came to my house were very respectful and very nice. The whole experience was outstanding.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Anita. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our contractor performance and the time it takes for a claim to be resolved. These are areas we hope to continue improving within as time goes on. If you ever have an issue with a specific contractor, please report it to us. We never want subpar professional assisting our customers. Thank you for your continued business and we hope to continue providing you with warranty for years to come.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Before I left my home with Sears, as I was moving to my condo, I had coverage with 2-10 but I debated with them and they had been calling me trying to get me to come back. I then decided I would try them for at least a year in my condo. Their customer service team has been good. On the other hand, the most problem I've had was getting someone who can respond to me in a timely fashion and I've always had to wait. Sometimes, one person comes and say it's not their specialty. The next time, somebody would say that I needed to get a plumber or an electrician and so I'm not happy with that kind of arrangement but once I have the right person, the job is taken care of.

When I first moved into my condo, I had an issue with carbon monoxide build up. The alarm would go off and it was frightening because it happened three times. Each time, someone would say it's not the stove but it's something else. Then the furnace people would come and say it's not the furnace. The second time it happened, the Frigidaire people brought me a new stove and took the old one out but it happened again. They sent somebody out and he went up the furnace to rebuild something. It came to a point when I was afraid to use my oven, thinking that's what was making the build up. It was not a happy feeling at all, but I'm happy the problem hasn't occurred within the last few months.

Then I had another situation where water was running into my laundry room and it was not my washing machine. The HVAC person could not find any reason why the water was seeping under my baseboard and settling into my laundry room. He said I needed a plumber so the plumber came out and in about two seconds, he knew exactly what it was. He opened the door on the other side and the pipe that was supposed to send the condensation from the air conditioning out came loose. The water was settling into the room, seeping under the floor and settling into the lowest level in the laundry room. He took care of it right away and he did an excellent job.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

HI Ken. We are going to forward your claim to an escalation team so that we can reexamine. Thank you for reaching out to us online.

Original review: May 10, 2017

My family and I, which includes a 4 month old, have been without hot water for a week and a half. 2-10 has lied repeatedly about phone calls being made to contractors. I would call as soon as I got off the phone and would immediately get the contractor. The contractors are very trustworthy that we have worked with so far. We had a hot water heater leaking into our garage. They came out and said it was a pressure regulator and would not replace the water heater because the regulator is what caused the failure of the water heater. Never mind the water heater is 10 years old and has reached the end of its life and is the very reason you purchase home warranties to begin with. Is there ever a reason to call in a warranty claim that isn't connected to some other wear and tear on the equipment?

If I had filed a claim for the regulator and the water heater separately then they would have paid for both...but now they are trying to get out of paying for something that should clearly be under my contract. We have now had 3 plumbers come out and might have to add a 4th. I'll know tomorrow if "Jay" from the claims department calls me like he says he will. An unlikely thing since NO ONE has ever called me from 2-10. It's always me doing the calling and waiting. I won't be renewing with this warranty company. American Home Shield was out within 24 hours and had a new water heater in my home in our last house.

Lastly, not sure what homing pigeon system you guys have to take notes and communicate with but it's ridiculous. Every time I call I get different information. Every time I call I get a different person. Every time I call I have to explain the entire situation because the person on the other end is clueless. This is maybe the worst part about my whole experience. In the last week I've spent a minimum of 10 hours on the phone with 2-10 mostly and 3 different contractors. This is unacceptable and I'll do everything I can to let people know how terrible the customer service is at this company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Michael. Thank you for reaching out to us online. We are concerned about your recent experience with us. We will be contacting you for more information on this matter.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Very bad service. Fridge went out, we entered work order and didn't hear from tech for week. Finally reached him, he missed first commitment. Came late second appointment and took lots of pictures. Left to order part. Over a week later took three calls to get response. He had to 'pick up' part. He called next day and said he was picking up part and needed our model number. Now why does someone who is picking up an ordered part need model number. Would have expected that was needed to order part. Next day, part not in. Another day part not in. Put in another work order and waiting to hear from company on second work order.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Bob. We are happy to hear that despite the negative contractor experience, you have been satisfied with us overall. Please feel free to reach out at any time if you need anything.

Original review: May 8, 2017

We were purchasing the house and our realtor suggested we take a look at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Since then, we had them as our home warranty provider for four and a half years. We have submitted about four claims. Submitting has been good except for one that was awful but they corrected it. They sent out somebody to repair our clothes dryer. He was an aged fat guy and he had no clue what he was doing. He had to come back about three times and then he finally got the right part and he put it in wrong. We called 2-10 and they assigned somebody else and this guy fixed it in five minutes. We asked him if he could repair our refrigerator and that was great after.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Karen. We would like the opportunity to reexamine your claim and see if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for the review.

Original review: May 7, 2017

We've had coverage through 2-10 for about 12 years altogether. It's easy to submit a claim. I make a claim on the phone and the reps are nice. But it's a very long and frustrating process. There's miscommunication and things take a really long time to get done. I have a really nice policy, but they refuse a lot of things that they shouldn't. I'm frustrated and a little upset right now because they turned me down for a problem that they really should've covered. They say that if they can't fix an appliance, they will replace it. Then they keep trying to fix something that is so broken. They get it to start working and it lasts for a little bit longer, and then I have to call them again. So, I'm not real happy. I have one air conditioner that's not been working now for over two weeks.

The service contractors that have come out to do the work are okay, but not great. None of them are based down here in St. Augustine. They're all from Jacksonville and they have to come all the way here. So, it's always a pain and it takes a week away before they come out for service. Sometimes, 2-10 has been really good, but at other times they've not been as good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Carroll. We are happy to hear about your experience with us and we are sad to see you go. Feel free to always come back to us if you decide you want to renew.

Original review: May 6, 2017

For the most part of the experience with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, it was good. I like the premise of the warranty and having our house covered. I didn't have it covered for a little while. For a couple of months that I had a hot water out, it wasn't a problem because I could fix it but it still cost me an extra $200 to almost $300 more which I could have paid somebody to come out and do it instead. I just had a plumber come up, I had to pay him $500 to reroute a line that was messed up. Had that been covered, they would have taken care of it, with no charge to me. So I paid $100 to 2-10 to come out and they told me that the line is part of the septic so it's not covered. I paid $600 in total to have it fixed and it's still not fixed. The fact that they charge extra for a septic and they don't charge extra for a sewer line, I think that's wrong.

The complaint I have is the rates. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty need to have the system revamped just to charge. I started out paying $400 a year and it's up over $600 a year. More than the cost of living and more than the market. They could work a little bit better on taking care of the customers instead of putting money in their pocket. If our rates continue to go up, I'm not going to stay with it. It's not going to be worth it because I pay the amount and then I have to pay a deductible so I'm shopping for a new Home Warranty. I'll continue to use somebody else because I believe having a warranty is a great idea.

I am beyond dissatisfied with this company. This is the worst home warranty that we have purchased. Our built in microwave stopped working. We contacted 2-10 for service. Our problems began right away. The company that they contracted gave us an appt for 3:00 but the tech showed up at 0930 even after being told no one would be home until 3:00. We had to reschedule. The tech came out & looked at our microwave. We were told that the microwave was unrepairable due to a defect & that our home Warranty should replace it. He said once the home Warranty receives their report within 5 days, we should contact home Warranty to have it replaced.

2-10 Warranty rec'd the report the next day & immediately contacted my husband to state that the claim was denied due to fire damage. Damage that was caused by a defective part in the microwave. They offered no investigation just basically denied our claim based on the "supposed" notes in the system from the repair company. I was told that my only option would be to pay someone else to come out on my own to get a second opinion. Why should I have to pay someone outside of my Warranty to come out. We have already paid the company they sent out a service fee just to tell us that it was not replaceable.

I am so frustrated & disappointed in this company. Please do not make the mistake & choose to buy a Warranty from this company. We purchased a brand new home & have only had the microwave for 1 & 1/2 yrs. Something like this should not have happened. It's obviously a defective microwave, although they refuse to replace. What happened to the microwave was out of our control.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Andrew. We appreciate your feedback on the turn around time for our company. We will definitely take note of your criticism so that we can hopefully turn this around. Thank you very much for the review.

Original review: May 5, 2017

2-10's reps have been fine but the contractors are slow to respond. If it's Friday, they don't get back to you until Monday. It's always days before you can get someone out. And when you get them out, they diagnose the problem and some of the parts have to be ordered. I've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for three years and it's always a week to ten-day process. And if it's air conditioning or utilities, or if it's heating in the middle of the winter, a week is a long time to be cold.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Kathleen. Thank you for reaching out to us. I am going to se this to my team so that we can reexamine your situation.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Purchased extended warranty via 2-10. Furnace went out today (Wed) and we're told Saturday was earliest service appointment available. Temps are low 40's and will be in 30's Friday night. This is unacceptable with small children and I have condition that requires me to avoid cold temperatures. Explained this situation and was told would have to wait until Saturday. My husband and I had to buy several space heaters. This is not first incident like this with this company. We plan on filing a suit against company in small claims court next week.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Betsy. Thank you for the review. We appreciate hearing that you love it so far. We hope to continue providing you with quality service for years to come.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I've only been in my house a little bit over a year. The builder had 2-10 for that first year and then they offered me a policy after that. I love it so far. I submitted a claim for my air conditioner and it was simple and quick. It was great. The technician who came out was actually really good. The only thing is, he fixed it and he was just gonna leave. He didn't say what was wrong, I had to ask him. Other than that, that was fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Denise. We are excited to hear that you have been satisfied with our services. We hope to continue providing you with quality service for years to come.

Original review: May 3, 2017

When I purchased my home, the real estate agent suggested 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, and now, I'm on my second year with them. I gives peace of mind knowing that I have the extra coverage. I used it twice this year, and submitting a claim was really simple. I called and told them what was going on, and they were very quick to respond. They put me through to somebody locally and they called within half-an-hour of me reporting the problem. The technicians came out within an hour. It was a husband and wife plumber, and they were very nice, personable, educated, and really down-to-earth people. They fixed the problem right then and there, and I had my sewer back up. On the whole, I'm glad I have 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. It's totally awesome.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Debbie. We are happy to hear that other than the confusion finding an expert for your unit, everything has been going smoothly. If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out to us at any time.

Original review: May 2, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was a part of our closing. We've had it for a month and we've submitted two claims. On the first one, my husband submitted online for our AC unit. And then the second one which is the dryer, I called in. Pretty easy process either way. But in the area that we live in, it's hard to find contractors to service a Samsung that works with the warranty. With the AC unit, my husband was able to have everything done online. We had more problem with the dryer.

Since we can't find somebody who works with them, they had to use the internet search team to find a contractor. Once the problem is diagnosed, if it's all clear with them, they would have to pay with it over the phone with a credit card. However, the contractor came out today and the credit card machine was down so I ended up having to pay for the entire thing. And they are going to send a check to reimburse me. Other than the fact that it's hard to find somebody to work on the Samsung, everything is fine. It's been really easy.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there P Terwilliger. We are very sorry for the amount of time that has lapsed in you getting this claim resolved. I will forward this to my team so we can make sure this is handled correctly.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Called last week with an issue with a toilet. Was told that a contractor would be assigned. Called back the next day when I had not been contacted only to find that nothing had been done. Was then assured that my request had been dispatched and was given a reference number and the contractor's name and phone number. Was told to call the contractor directly if I did not hear from them. When I did not receive a call, I called the plumber directly only to learn that not only did they not receive a work order, they never heard of 2-10 Home Warranty.

Called 2-10 back again was told that they must have had old information on this Contractor but would expedite my request. THAT WAS 3 DAYS AGO!!!! Called today and asked to speak to a supervisor but was told that they would only provide the same info that the phone rep was providing. That they would try to find someone ASAP. Really!!! I wanted a referral to go out of network but was told that I may have to pay more than just the standard deductible and that I would have to wait and see if they could first located someone. Really!! Very frustrating. This is absolutely unacceptable and will be cancelling this warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for reaching out to us Cathy. We are very concerned to hear about the poor customer service you received. We will reach out to you for more information on this matter.

Original review: May 1, 2017

This is the worst organization I have dealt with. I spent 25 minutes in hold to talk to someone named Esther about a leaking water heater. She was extremely rude. When I asked for her supervisor, she said she was not transferring and was hanging up on me... well she did. I call to complain. Emily said she'd have someone call me back... no call. My plumber is sitting in his truck over 25 minutes trying to get in touch with them. Thank God my contract expires at the end of the month. I'm sooo back to American Home Shield. Every time I have called 2-10 I wait sooo long to get a live body. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Jon. We are concerned about your recent experience with us. Thank you for reaching out to us via Consumer Affairs and we will move to reexamine your claim.

Original review: May 1, 2017

This warranty was placed on the home by my realtor. Within a few weeks of the home purchase some exterior lighting had stopped functioning so I called 2-10 and discussed this with them. As I mentioned it seemed like the lights stopped working after a recent storm, although how could I be sure the storm caused the damage or not, the representative I spoke with immediately stated related damage would be denied and I would need to call my homeowner's insurance provider. So basically this company seeks to deny possible claims without any investigation, which does not really describe a claims process as there has to at least be an investigation completed to even deny something. Don't bother with this company if you are seeking to purchase a home warranty - look elsewhere.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We are very disappointed to hear about your experience Cedric. I am going to send this off to my team and have them reexamine. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I don't believe warranty, that's why I never buy any extra warranty. So why I have this 2-10? Because it was part of the new home package. What a waste! Right after the builder's 1-yr warranty expired, I started to get into problems associated with HVAC and foundation leak, which should be covered by the "2-yr" warranty, but guess what, they declined both issues right at the phone call, not even bother with an inspection. Why? Both issues are not small fixes. I believe the practices at this company are deceptive and hope other consumers will learn from my experience. They may repair some minor fixes to make you feel good, but if there's something that truly requires warranty, they will find all kinds of excuses to deny the claim.

Every business is for profit, but their business model is, if they will lose money from a consumer, they will want that consumer to walk away rather than delivering their promise. They only want consumers who want a false security so that the company can have a big profit margin. I'm considering to file a complaint with Bureau of Consumer Protection on unfair and deceptive business practices. I hope other mistreated consumers can join me. We don't need another company which can't be trusted by consumers.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Eileen. We are going to take another look at your claim and see if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for reaching out to us online.

Original review: May 1, 2017

We scheduled the service, checked the agreement and it looked like it was covered under a code violation--a breaker with the wrong amperage. Then 4 months later we got a bill and a notice saying the work hadn't been covered, but there was no protective feature for us since the contractor didn't call the warranty to double check the service was covered. When I called the warranty about it later I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes and then they said there was nothing they or we could do. We just had to pay the rest of the bill which is ridiculous. We are first time home buyers and we were trying to save money by doing this but it was a complete waste of time and money. The service would have been cheaper if we'd ordered the work done ourselves.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Allen. We are deeply apologetic for the way our contractor handled your claim. Just to make sure this never happens again, I will send this off to my team and have them reach out to you. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I've had one call in for a claim. They sent someone out and I waited for them. But they turned around in the driveway and they went the other way. When I got a hold of them an hour later, he said, "Get somebody else." and hung up on us. He's a real jackrabbit and he doesn't care about me. I reported him. And all they said was, "Oh, that's terrible." I just sat there and sweat for about four more days because the weekend came. I called on Monday and they hooked me up with David. He was a very nice guy. He was professional and he had my air conditioner going an hour and 10 minutes later. We've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for nine months and we have two places. The pricing has gone up over $100, close to $200. But we got it early so we could reduce it for $100 each unit. Everything else is fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Deborah. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was so successful. Thank you for the review and support.

Original review: April 29, 2017

Our first year with 2-10 ended January 30th and we extended our warranty. The only thing that we didn't realize was there was a deductible. But if we hadn't had the repairman fix the microwave and just got the $100 to buy a new one, we would have been out that $100 because he showed us what it would have cost to have repaired our microwave which was $400 and to buy a new one was almost that. So, it was good that it was repairable and that the repairman was very pleasant and he came quickly. He also explained what he thought was wrong with the microwave. He put down padding on my countertop to put the microwave on top of while he was working on it and he didn't leave a mess of any kind.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Matthew. We are disappointed to hear about your experiences with us. I am going to send this off to my team right away so that we can reexamine. Thank you for your patience with us and you will be hearing from us soon.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I originally received my contract with 2-10 when I purchased my house, renewed not long ago, but will not spend another dime with them in the future. I've had issues with my AC unit the past two years. The first was due to groundhogs damaging the wiring, and every time after has been related to the fact that the original repair was not done in a manner to actually resolve the issue, just as a break fix so the technician can leave ASAP.

Every time we've had to call it in, it takes days to confirm when the company 2-10 sends out (Greenway Home Services) will be able to send a technician, and that company has never kept their word on the time frames given. Less than two weeks ago, they said they would arrive between 8 am and 12 pm. After 12 pm rolled around, we called (and waited forever on the phone), only to be told that we were wrong and they never gave that time frame, they would arrive between 3-5 pm. This didn't work for me as I had other plans that evening, which resulted in having to wait an additional two days for a technician to come out.

Here we are again without air conditioning, placed the call early this week, however no one is able to come out til next Friday. I have animals and this is absolutely unacceptable for them to be miserable for that long. We've let 2-10 know about these issues, however they always send the same terrible companies out. After this last round, I will be looking elsewhere for a home warranty service and letting as many people as I can know about my experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings LJ. I am going to forward your review to my team and have them reach out to you. We are sorry for the head ache this claim has caused you and we will move to reexamine. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 28, 2017

My experience with 2-10 started off well. My water heater failed and 2-10 sent someone immediately. The contractor did a good job, but was slightly less than professional; and I ended up having to pay out of pocket for "modifications" not covered by 2-10, but I understood that they won't cover everything. The problem started when we needed to finish the job with drywall repair. The 2-10 rep threw up her hands and told me she couldn't find someone to close the hole in my wall. She told me to find someone on my own BUT that person had to get approval first. For the money I paid at this house and my old house, I wasn't expecting to do the leg work; but I did. I spent lots of time calling around and found a contractor. The contractor attempted to get authorization and got no response from 2-10. Two weeks later, I had to step back in and call 2-10 to find out when they would give approval.

Their response was that the contractor accidentally left something out of their email, so 2-10 just ignored it instead of replying or contacting me. I asked them to follow up and was told "I don't contact people, that's a different department." Did they offer to forward the issue to the correct department? No. I was told to tell the contractor to start over with the approval process. I also found out that I have to pay out of pocket and then hope that I'll get fully reimbursed because this will be an "out of network" process. Why am I doing all of the work? Why can't 2-10 look for a contractor? Why do I have to come up with more money out of pocket because 2-10 doesn't have the resources to ensure that a home repair is done completely? I'm past the month mark on trying to get this all repaired. A plumber I spoke with (one who does work for 2-10) was correct in saying that he wouldn't trust this company with his home.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Bryan. If you ever have any further issues with your contractors, please reach out to us immediately. We will take care of that communication if you cannot get ahold of them.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Almost a year ago, we bought the house and the seller set up the warranty with 2-10. Submitting a claim has been pretty painless. I usually just call in but I've tried it online once and that seemed pretty user-friendly as well. I ended up having to make some changes later on so I had to call in anyway. It was a washing machine issue and it seemed to resolve itself so I just cancelled that. The contractor didn't ever come out but I talked to him on the phone and he seemed pretty easy to deal with. More recently, I made a claim but I haven't heard back from the contractor yet. But every other time I've called, 2-10 reps have been able to help with what we were dealing with. I would recommend it to a friend.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Kristie. We will say the same thing on this review that we did on your husband's review, as well as the review you left on HomeWarranty Reviews. We apologize for the inconvenience of this claim, however 2-10 HBW repeatedly sent renewal notices to help you avoid any lapse in coverage. Since the home’s systems and appliances were not covered for more than 6 months, the A/C system at the time of renewal did not fit within the terms and condition of “in place and in good and safe working order.” We sympathize with the difficult situation you were in while in between jobs, unfortunately due to our company's policy, our hands are tied. We issued you a full refund but our denial will still stand.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Do not use 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty!!! I repeat do not use this company. Cancel your service and go with any other company!!! They do not cover anything!!! To make a long story short we signed up 3 yrs ago. I lost my job six months back and we didn't renew due to a lack of income until I found another job. So there was a little lapse in time between warranty (mind you we have been loyal customers for 3 years and did eventually renew when funds were available). We have had them out constantly to repair our AC. We just paid 75 dollars to have someone come out again because it keeps breaking. They were unable to fix it and the worker said he will recommend for a full replacement. We received a call today telling us we don't qualify due to a lapse in time when we were not signed up for the warranty!!! WOW!! Really? We paid over 650 bucks to renew our service and what was the point if this company doesn't stand by doing the right thing!?

Filing with BBB and prosecuting to the full extent of the law if we are not refunded our 650 dollars plus the last four 75 co pays we had to pay! The service worker told me this 2-10 Buyers Warranty is terrible and they try to avoid covering things when they break at all cost and many customers have had issues!!! Give your business to a company that actually provides you with a service!!! And I have tried to resolve this before going to small claims court but the only thing employees at 2-10 keep saying is, "WE WILL REEXAMINE your claim or let me ESCALATE this or let's turn this around for you" but no resolution ever comes because they are total scammers! Beware. Plenty of other companies send you a check to replace broken appliances without a fight.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 22, 2017

Follow up. 2-10 contacted me about this issue and I have to say I am very happily surprised that they did so. The got some information from me. When I forgot to send it to them they called back again (thank you). After doing some research they called me back once more to verify that they had made mistakes handling my claims. The lady who called from customer service was very professional, very responsive and asked to make it right by refunding me the cost of the repairs from the first repair and the service charge for the slow repairs on the second one. Mistakes happen in business, and they admitted theirs and made it right. You can't ask for more than that. I've changed my mind about this business and would give them another chance.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I've had 2 contracts with 2-10. The first one in Yorktown VA in 2013 was outstanding. I had one service call and it went like clockwork. The second contract I started last year for a rental property in Kansas. This one was horrible. The first service call for a water leak took 4 weeks with no shows/no calls from 3 different service companies before I finally canceled the warranty call. I had to pay a handyman to go out to stop the leak, then pay a plumber to fix it - total cost? More than my warranty costs... nice. I called multiple times and asked for my $ back on my warranty. Nothing doing - 2-10 said they were not responsible for the problems with the service companies (who is??). The second one took 3 1/2 weeks to replace a water tube in my dishwasher. On that one, I had to call them to remind them that my parts were in and to schedule the follow-up repair.

To top it all off, today I received a phone call from 2-10 asking whether I would like to renew. I kindly said no, because... and the line went dead. No callback. I can only assume the sales agent didn't care why (really - you don't care why your customers are going away?). I called the number back and asked to speak to a manager (no luck. The agent would not hand me off). Bottom line - they can't do anything about it but note it on my record. They transferred me to sales and it went to voicemail. Not a great way to treat your customers. Now I'm not only displeased with their service but offended by their rude sales call. Bad service is one thing, but poor customer service and rude behavior make this a company worth staying away from.

Hello Mr. Davis.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We would like the opportunity to assist you. We will have someone reach out to you today.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Not having to worry about all the stuff that came with owning a home and wanting to save some money, I decided to get 2-10 home warranty. However, the HVAC guy they sent to do an air conditioner repair came and his wife was in the passenger seat. They looked like they were on their way to go get something to eat. He told me that he could fix some stuff that wasn't covered under my warranty. But he got shocked in my attic and he wrote a report for 2-10. He also left all his tools in my garage 'cause he was in such a hurry to get out of there. If this man got shocked in my attic, he would have been in a hurry to go to the hospital and not in a hurry to leave his tools to be in a rush to take his wife out to eat. In the end, the AC problem never got fixed and I fixed it on my own. The drip pan was a little over full and it had spilled over.

When I called 2-10 Home Warranty up again to get an electrician out a little bit later, they said that their contractor was here and he got shocked in my attic and they were not going to send anybody out for any electrical issues. I said that my electrical issues were on my back porch and had nothing to do with my attic. But they said they still were not going to send anybody out. I had to take time off work, get an electrician to come out, and go upstairs to verify that there weren't any live wires or anything out there that could have shocked their contractor. I had to pay for it. The electrician told 2-10 that there were no live wires out there, as I told them that there weren't. But 2-10 pretty much took their contractor's side all the way around even after I got somebody to come out and look at it. I told them over and over again that there was nothing wrong with the attic, but they didn't believe me.

2-10 should put a little bit more faith in their customers and also check on a customer's opinion on some of the contractors that they're using. I also had to take three days off work, one for that the contractor's visit and one for the electrician to come out to verify there were no open wires in the attic. I had to spend my own money and waited for three weeks to get it reimbursed. It was ridiculous. I then had to wait for everything to go through before I could call another electrician or called them to file another claim to get an electrician to come out and actually fix what I had wrong. All in all, I wouldn't recommend any of my friends to 2-10. As soon as I get the time, I plan to look for a different company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We appreciate your review Michael. We are going to try and turn this around for you. Thank you for reaching out and we will move to reexamine your claim.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I've been a 2-10 Home Warranty customer since 2014. It was recommended by our realtor when we bought our house. Last summer I submitted two claims to have my air conditioner repaired. In both instances, 2-10 only gave approval for their service provider to put a band aid on it and refused to either repair what was causing the problem or replace the unit. My policy expired in August while my wife was out of work and we were unable to pay the renewal fee. Then in February, when we got our tax return, we paid the entire year's premium in full.

In mid-April we ran our conditioner for the 1st time this year and it acted up just as it did last summer. I filed another claim and 2-10 sent their service provider to the house again. Once again I paid the $75 service fee and once again the service provider recommended to either fix what was causing the problem or, since the unit is so old, to have it replaced. Instead of sympathizing with our problem, 2-10 instead claimed that since there was a lapse in coverage from August to February, the issue with my air conditioner was no longer covered since the current condition existed prior to February. This was after they had already serviced the unit twice last year and refused to fix the problem.

I couldn't believe it. It's not like I was a brand new customer trying to scam the system. I've been a loyal customer for three years and have recommended their coverage to several friends and relatives. I spoke with 4 different reps over the phone and was unable to get anywhere. Their customer service is terrible. As soon as my current policy expires, I will be switching from 2-10 to a different home buyers warranty and will recommend all home owners I know to do the same. You can't treat loyal customers like this and expect to maintain their business.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Anthony. We are so happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with us. We appreciate your continued business and support.

Original review: April 26, 2017

We've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for a year. The prior owners had it when we bought the house. Submitting a claim over the phone is very easy and the process goes very smoothly. During a claim, my wife would get a call from the appropriate expertise and they'd schedule an appointment. The service contractors were all excellent. The only one that wasn't was because I'd called somebody but the problem was just a twig in our air conditioning system. The tech and I both had a laugh on that one. They were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I'd recommend 2-10 overall. Right now, I just signed up for another year and I'm planning to continue in years to come unless something happens.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Wendy, our team will look into your claim again and see if there is anything else we can do for you. Thank you for reaching out to us online.

Original review: April 25, 2017

We have lived in our home for one month -- from March 17, 2017 until today, April 24, 2017. Our home was inspected by a company recommended by our real estate agent at Allen Tate. During the home inspection, I asked how HVAC was working. The inspector said it seemed to be fine, even though this was in February, and he said they could only run the heater this time of the year. If the heat worked, then there was no reason the AC shouldn't work.

We bought the house with the comfort that the seller offered a home warranty through her real estate agent at Berkshire Hathaway. This company is 2-10 Home Warranty. Two days ago we called a repairman to check the AC because it is not cooling the downstairs, and it's only April -- two months before the heat of summer. He said the unit was worn out and needed to be replaced. It took him no longer than 30 minutes to determine this.

When we contacted the 2-10 Home Warranty, we were told that this was a pre-existing condition and not covered. I think a reasonable person would believe a home warranty is expected to cover problems like the one we're having with our air conditioner. What other purpose is there to have a home warranty if it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions? I sincerely believe the practices at this company are deceptive and hope other consumers will learn from our heartbreaking experience.

I am a nurse and work hard for every dollar I earn. I do not sit at a desk; rather I rush from patient to patient giving them medicine and other treatments the doctor orders; I monitor their physical status and do everything in my power to keep them safe and alive. I apply compresses and bandages to hurts and wounds; I listen to their stories of suffering. When I am paid, I know I worked for this money. Companies such as 210 Home Warranty do not work for their money. The get it by deceiving consumers like me -- people who labor to pay for their children's food, clothing, and education -- and don't have the greedy mentality as the persons who run bunco corporations like 210 Home Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for this thorough recount of your experience Carlandre. We appreciate your review and we will reexamine your claim today.

Original review: April 25, 2017

On Thursday, April 20th (3:18pm)... I called in a claim for a failing hot water heater. On Friday, April 21st (5:38pm)... contractor and I speak on when he could come to my home Saturday morning to address. On Saturday, April 22nd ... contractor shows up, inspects the issue, placing a temporary bandage to the issue... then takes my check... advises me that he would send in diagnostics to 2-10. On Monday, April 24th (8:08am)... I contact contractor for update... He's waiting on 2-10 to give him authorization. (Meanwhile the hot water heater is leaking worse and water is now entering my home.)

On Monday, April 24th (11:02am)... I phone contractor once more. He waiting on 2-10 to give him authorization. At this time, I advise contractor that I am beginning to see water damage. Contractor responds in saying, "Once the job is complete... and leaking is no more... the sheetrock will dry," and I won't have to worry. On Monday, April 24th (4:50pm)... continued with my attempts and called Contractor, left message according to initial instructions from 2-10 post me filing the claim.

On Monday, April 24th (5:29pm)... I phone the contractor for the last time today and the contractor states, that he assumes that 2-10 will have the matter resolved by morning... In saying, he assured me that he would be at my home by noon on Tuesday, April 25th. It is now Tuesday, April 25th (9:00am)... I receives a call from the warranty company stating that they spoke to the contractor and repairs should be completed this week. (While more water is entering my home from the failing water heater)... So I respond with saying that this was NOT okay. As the contractor was leaning to repairing the issue by noon today.

Then when I mentioned the water damage, the representative responds in saying that the water damage is consequential damage and they're not held liable. I respond with saying, "Ma'am... I've been a customer now for 12 or more years... I paid into this warranty when my home didn't need the extra coverage. I paid into your company when you offered weekend courtesy. I paid into your company so much, that I should have equity built into my account." Then I proceeded to speak to the statement of, "I paid into you when I didn't need you; now I need you and you denied me." The representative then says she would refer my claim to her manager, but that was all she could do.

Tuesday, April 25th (9:31am)... I call contractor three times for clarity of install of new heater... No answer. Tuesday, April 25th (9:33am)... 2-10 phones me back to say the authorization to repair was approved. I mentioned to this representative that... I have that information. However, I can NOT wait for the repairs later this week. As my home was being invaded with water from the failing hot water heater.

Tuesday, April 25th (10:05am)... 2-10 responds in calling me back to say the contractor was suppose to order the hot water heater on the 2-10 portal and upon receiving the replacement... then would be able to install... I respond in saying, there has to be a more streamline process to resolution here as my home is continuing to being invaded with more water from the failing unit. The representative advises that I should contact the contractor to see if he could run by and remedy or I could shut off the cause. I say, "Ma'am... I filed a claim with your company... Your company sent the contractor to my home. Now you're telling me that the water damage is on me." She said, "Yes sir. We don't cover consequential damages." "Now ma'am you're telling me that I need to go buy a tool to shut off the water to my home." She responds in saying, "Sir... you don't have to yell, and yes."

I said... "I've been paying into this company for 12 or more years and this is the best I can get from your company." She responds in saying, "Sir... I am going above my job to call purchasing to see if this can get pushed through today... THIS IS NOT MY JOB TO CALL PURCHASING FOR YOU." (However, this company pays her to service its customers), "Okay," I say... so I'm placed on hold... only for her to come back to support that the issue of ordering is on the contractor's end. However, purchasing will see if they can arrange for the contractor to go pick up an unit. Tuesday, April 25th (10:28am)... I wait for the verdict while feeling like I'm consumed of my monthly dues without the support from a reputable company. Thanks 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile