toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Charles. We at 2-10HBW thank for your business and review.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The real estate agent told me about 2-10 when we bought the house and we've been with them since April. I've submitted a claim over the phone. The rep was very nice and the contractor they sent out to our house was good. 2-10 did a good job.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Good Afternoon Darryl. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to keep providing you with honorable service for years to come. Thank you for the feedback and the support.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I submitted a claim in November when my water heater went out. This house was built in 2002 and the water heater apparently was installed the same year. And so, a month and a half ago, it started leaking very badly and I had water running everywhere. I had to get it replaced very quickly. I called the plumber that I knew, and since he was available, he came immediately and told me that we're going to have to replace the water heater.

I called 2-10 Warranty and went through the steps. They gave me a claim number and the whole bit, and they said they had 24 hours to respond. I never heard back from them. I had to have that water stopped, so I took care of it and paid it, then submitted the bill to 2-10 Warranty. They reviewed it and even if I didn’t exactly follow their protocol, they were good enough to honor it. Also, the guy that I used had done some work for 2-10 Warranty in the past. So, it worked out and they reimbursed me minus the deductible. So I've got no complaints.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Anthony. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you being a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customer.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers has good service and seemed to have the best overall product. I’m a real estate agent and had an absolutely wonderful representative in the area by the name of Gail. She's a great person, and service was always there. Her daughter has taken over, but they are awesome nonetheless. I submit claims over the phone and it’s hard to get through the process to getting a call set up for the warranty help. And sometimes, the service tech is not the best in the world. I had an experience with the washing machine which was horrible. It cost by far more to do it as it would’ve been twice as much to fix. I had to call back twice to get them to send a check out for the washer once we had agreed to take a buyout instead of them fixing it which was ridiculous. I had a plumbing experience recently and it was great. The plumber they have in the area now is absolutely fantastic. So overall, everything’s been good and I’m very pleased.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Brent. We are happy to hear that we were able to resolve your issue with your light fixture. We at 2-10 value your business and thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

2-10 came with the home when we purchased it a year ago. I submitted a claim recently over the phone and it worked as I expected. The light fixture inside the range hood wasn’t working. The contractors had to order parts and are coming this afternoon to finish the repair.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings David. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a satisfying experience with us. Thank you so much for the review.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I've been using 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for three years now. My most recent claim with them was regarding the washing machine and that went very well. I filed a claim over the phone and their rep was very helpful. The contractor quickly diagnosed what the problem was and sent the solution to 2-10 and everything was squared away in a couple of weeks. They paid the claim and we were able to get a new washing machine. We’re very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Cincotta. We are delighted to hear that you have had a satisfying customer experience. We value your business and appreciate your review.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

We've been homeowners for 20 years and we've only had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty twice. My experience in submitting a claim with them has been great. Everything is fine for me and I don't have any issues or concerns. The customer service reps are great and they reach out to us each time we call them. Also, their contractors are friendly and their customer service are running it, so they work hand in hand.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Clint. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a satisfying experience with us. Thank you so much for the review.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I've had 2-10 with my previous homes. This time, I've been with them for six months now. It has been easy to submit a claim with them. My experience with the contractor was fine, I got the results that I needed. Overall, 2-10's service is as expected so I'm getting what I pay for.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alfred. We at 2-10 HBW appreciate your feedback and recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of continuing our relationship for years to come.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers came when I bought the house and I've had it for six years now. I had no problems filing a claim and their contractors were good too. My only complaint is that it takes time sometimes to get things fixed. In some cases, it could be a few days before somebody would get here, and finding that something has to be replaced could take a long period of time. The washing machine was an example. We had to go to the laundromat for a week and a half. It was too long and that’s bad. But other than that, I would recommend 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Edmond, we appreciate the recommendation. Thank you for being a customer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

The representatives that I've talked to have been knowledgeable, courteous, and answered all of my questions. The claim process was easy. Moreover, the service guy fixed the issue in a timely manner. He's knowledgeable about what he was doing. Overall, I'd recommend 2-10. They delivered what they said they would.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Joann. We are elated to hear that you have had a successful ten years with us. We hope to continue making it a pleasant and comfortable experience for you for the next decade to come. Thank you so much for the review and your continued service with us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

We like 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and we've had them for about 10 years now. Submitting a claim isn't a hassle at all. Their claims reps are very nice. They call the service people to come out when something’s wrong. They tell me who they called and who's gonna call me to set up the appointment. I'm very glad that I have 2-10 and I’ve not had a problem with having anyone to come out and do what they're supposed to do. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I have it in case something happens so that’s really helpful to me.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alaric. We are happy to hear that these four years with us has been so successful. We hope to keep creating comfortable and efficient service for you. Thank you so much for the review and the support.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

2-10 is a great warranty to have and I've been using them for four years now. When I submitted a claim over the phone the process was very prompt and easy. And the reps were straight to the point. I told them what was wrong, they sourced out the company to do it, and the company came out quick and repaired it. The contractor who came out was knowledgeable and didn't take a lot of time to get the job done.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Jeanine. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with quick service. Thank you for the helpful and encouraging review.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

We had 2-10 since we bought our house. It was easy to submit a claim to them over the phone, and they came right away. I had no problems. The contractor was also very informative and helpful. I was very pleased with the work and how quickly they responded to my request.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings David. We are ecstatic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with honest and satisfactory service. Thank you so much for the review and for being such a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was provided to us by the seller of our home. We have submitted two claims now. A few weeks ago, we had the water heater fail. They sent a company up here to repair it, and they installed two new heating elements in the water heater, flushed the water heater, and we were very satisfied. And then when it turned cold about a week ago, the heat did not come on. They sent a company out yesterday and they repaired the problem to our satisfaction. In fact, they're coming back tomorrow to complete the repair. I tried to submit the claims online but I wasn’t sure if I was really placing the request, so I ended up on the phone both times. The claims reps were very easy to get a hold of and very friendly. They seemed to be knowledgeable of the issues and said that they would get someone in touch with us within 24 to 48 hours, which was exactly what happened.

We had different company each time call us and schedule to come up here. The technicians were on time and were very courteous. They completed the work as promptly as they could given the difficulties they encountered. In fact, the furnace company technician was having issues and the owner of the company came to the house to assist. We are extremely satisfied with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. They do what they say they’ll do.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Nellie. We are ecstatic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. We hope to keep providing you with efficient and easy service. Thank you so much for the review and your continued relationship with us.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

We had 2-10 when we purchased our house from the builder and have had them for eighteen years. When I submitted a claim, the reps were very informative, and gave me the information that I needed. Also, everything they told me that was going to happen with the repair happened just the way they said it was going to. Everything was taken care of efficiently and easily. The contractor was very active, pleasant, efficient, and did a great job. The result has turned out well, and it was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had 2-10 for about three years, and I'm fully satisfied each time I've placed a service call. The contractors have been polite, did their job, and then took care of the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The fan motor on my air conditioner quit working and went bad. I submitted a claim and the contractor called me that night and was here the next morning. He's very honest, trustworthy, professional in every way and had a pleasant spirit about him. I wrote a letter of commendation about him and told 2-10 how pleased I was with him. I'd also like to have him in the future and will be staying with 2-10 Home Buyers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The air conditioner broke down. 2-10 couldn’t repair it so they had to replace it and make the modification. I had to put it on to keep it from exploding but it’s good enough to emit pressure. But 2-10 has got to follow the code. Everything's been good, but sometimes, I get shocked and I didn't like that. Then after I cool down, I found out it's not their fault. The government changed the code about the air conditioning. They had to come out and put them over me and then reconstruct things around. But they didn't come yet. They were scheduled for Monday then they called up to reschedule but I wasn't home. I called yesterday and they told me that they had left a message. I checked my cellphone and they did and they told me to call back to make an appointment. So they’re supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm satisfied and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

2-10 are providing my home structure warranty, so, I decided to go with the home warranty as well after the one-year expiration. The last claim was for a air-conditioning repair. It was handled correctly and they dispatched a technician to take care of it. Still, it was not completely working yet because I was out of town for three weeks, and they are supposed to replace a part and I have to schedule a time with them. The contractors were professional, working with them was good. Plus, the claims reps have been very helpful. 2-10 has been good.

I've had 2-10 since I lived in the house which is for 10 years now. I submit claims online, and it's relatively easy. I just have to tell them what system was affected and put in a few remarks. I had pleasant interactions with the contractors that had come. They got out here in a reasonable amount of time and seemed to know what they were doing. There was a hot water dispenser they removed from the coverage that I would have liked on there but other than that, it was good service from 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was referred to my real estate agent some years ago and I've had coverage with them for about six years. So far they've covered what I needed to be covered and the rates are pretty decent. The only thing I didn't like is that you can’t reach a person really quickly, but the good thing about it is you can do it through the system and automatically it generates a claim number. But sometimes it's good to speak to a live person, and they're pretty professional and extra courteous when I speak to them. I will recommend them overall.

We've been using 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for four years now and I'm very happy with them. It was real easy to submit a claim to them. The whole system is good. I'm a retired IRS man and I do a lot of financial reports for my national and local Church so I'm used to numbers. And so far, I've been happy with the cost and the service. Their service has been excellent. I'm very pleased with the professionalism and the knowledge of those who has come in the four different occasions that I used the service. The last gentleman that came for the heating issue that we had was very knowledgeable and very fast. He solved the problem within 30 minutes. Overall, they're very prompt and very professional. It's been a very good experience. I've recommended 2-10 to my four neighbors and I even gave them information.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Carl.We are thrilled to hear that you have had an easy experience with us. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I had asked for a warranty when I purchased the condo so I got 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. Submitting a claim was very easy and thorough and they did a good job. We just made a phone call and they responded to make sure they knew what appliances I want them to cover. The contractors were very pleasant and very knowledgeable.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Adolph. We are delighted to hear that service with us has been easy and satisfying. Thank you for the support

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We bought the house from a couple who lived here and they purchased the 2-10 home warranty for us. We've been with 2-10 for almost a year now. We submit claims online, and it's easy. We're happy with 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was recommended to me when I first purchased the home in October of 2015. I usually call them when I submit a claim and I had very good interaction with their reps. They're very courteous, very professional and very friendly. Their contractor was knowledgeable about what they were doing and I was satisfied. So far, my experience with them has been very good and positive.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Kevin. This sounds like a very hectic experience. I am going to forward your review and your address to our customer experience team so that we can reexamine your claim and hopefully move this forward. Thank you for your patience during this process.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

This is my first experience with 2-10 Warranty... It has been insane!! I called in on Jan 9th stating that I think my water softener is broke... I have hard water, rust, and slight odor. A 2-10 preferred contractor comes out and says my water softener has a bad control board and it needs replaced. Now I have made over 14 calls and been told every excuse from Charles/Mike/Brandon/Hanjio of "it's a maintenance issue" "call another company for second opinion" and even straight out hang ups!! I have asked for a senior management to assist and I was told by "CHARLES" THE SUPERVISOR they don't speak to customers. So I can't speak to them?? As of right now I have paid my year of warranty and the $100 co-pay to contractor and still have a broken water softener and no one from 2-10 will tell me when or if this is getting fixed. I HOPE I WAS NOT SCAMMED BY BUYING THIS WARRANTY!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Ms. Aldridge. We are delighted to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. Thank you for your review and support.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Our furnace broke so we needed to have somebody come out, take a look and fix it. The contractor that 2-10 sent was very professional. He gave me a cell number so I could call him directly. Also, every time I call 2-10, everybody's been good. I had another claim about a dishwasher and I was able to get a hold of somebody and they came out very quickly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Sarah. This is a very disappointing experience. I am going to send your property address to someone in our customer experience department so they can thoroughly examine your claim and reach out to you. Thank you for your very honest feedback.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Ten days ago, my heat pump made this grating sound and started emitting a burning smell. After inspection, my fiancé (an ex-firefighter) determined that it was unsafe to run due to risk of fire. I called 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty immediately after this and set up a service request. I will say up front that their phone lines have been staffed by very courteous people--good job there. However, that is where the accolades end.

The 2-10 rep said that the contractor they chose would call me on Monday (it was Saturday) to set up an appointment. It is winter, so I decided to leave a message for the contractor to get the ball rolling. The contractor actually called me that evening telling me that they were booked solid for two weeks and to call 2-10 back. I did so. 2-10 dispatched a different contractor. I left a message for this contractor.

The new contractor called me back that Monday to schedule a diagnosis. He was very slow to respond to calls--we played phone tag a lot. He made an appointment for Tuesday but failed to show, calling at 7pm that evening saying he was sick. I was understanding despite my disappointment--things happen. I saw him Wednesday evening and he told me my heat pump needed a new part but the age of my system would make it virtually impossible to find. He recommended a new system. He was friendly but despite his promise to get moving, I did not hear from him the next morning as promised. I waited until Friday morning to call and left a message. He responded that evening around 4:30 saying they couldn't find the part and would submit paperwork. But not till Monday. This is from a contractor that says he has been working with 2-10 for twenty years.

It is now Tuesday and I've heard from no one. I called on Sunday to see if something could be done and the rep said he called several contractors to see if someone else could handle it. He also said he left a message for the current contractor. He said that I should hear from someone on Monday, Tuesday morning at the latest. He said that he put my file in the manager's special interest pile to get it moving quickly.

I have been so patient. I know this time of year is busy for contractors. But 10 days? My pipes might freeze tonight because it's so cold. This evening I called 2-10 when I got off work and complained. They said they would make sure to take care of it right away and if I didn't hear from someone by tomorrow afternoon I should call them back.

That response ended it for me. I called another contractor of my own choice and after hearing what happened, came out this evening and are installing a new heat pump tomorrow morning. They are also going to look at my hot water heater which stopped working on Tuesday of last week. 2-10 handled that one by sending in a contractor that handled it in a timely manner. Except the hot water heater stopped functioning again two days later. I called 2-10 back about it and again have been waiting for a call that has yet to come. And I might have to pay the service fee again.

I am very disappointed in 2-10. I feel like I have paid my annual fees and my service fees for nothing but extra work and strife on my end. I feel like the very polite phone reps did not actually do anything to hustle things along and that the contractors they have employed are not very professional nor do they seem to want my business. I am not one to complain unnecessarily. I have been waiting so patiently to be warm in my house and to have hot water, things I thought I paid to have taken care of. I had to say something here because I find this level of apathy from a company unacceptable.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi None. We are disappointed to hear that this was your experience. We are very sorry for the way your claim played out. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to use this information to improve.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

After our heat went out we called them and had a contractor come out. They took 5 days after deeming it an emergency to get back with us with any answers. I had to call everyday and everyday they would give us a runaround about waiting for something else. Then finally they call us the 5th day and tell us everything is all set to go and the contractor would be out to fix our furnace. Well lo and behold the 6th day we call the contractor to see when they will be here and they tell us it was denied.

Call 2/10 and they tell us our furnace has been out longer than we said and denied our claim. We had a lapse in our coverage but was covered when the furnace went out. Instead of telling us the first day they made us wait even longer to think we were getting our furnace fixed. Needless to say we took our service elsewhere.

I've always had a home warranty with a different company, but I really like 2-10 and I've been very pleased with them. Submitting a claim online is very simple. I just log in to my account which is really easy. I open the service request saying what's wrong, and then immediately they give me a confirmation of the contractor that will be calling me. So, I already have the contractor's name and phone number which is nice. Also, the contractors have all been pretty professional and it's been a good experience. They show up on time and do the work.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you very much for the review Deb. We are delighted to hear that this process has been easy going for you. We hope to continue providing you with quality service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I purchased 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when we bought our home. In the 10 weeks that we've been covered, our experience in submitting a claim has been fine. We did it over the phone and it's been easy. Their reps were friendly and my questions were answered. Their contractor was professional and he did a great job. Overall, 2-10 was able to get professionals to fix my furnace in the middle of winter and they did it promptly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile