2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Brenda. That is wonderful to hear that your experience with us was pleasant and easy. We appreciate your continued business and support.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I lived in my condo for two years and I had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. My daughter and her husband had no need for their home because they bought one up in Rabun County. And so, I moved into it. When I was going to sell the condo, they wanted the stove and the refrigerator inspected. So I called 2-10 and they came right out and were very efficient. I was very pleased. Everything worked great and I would recommend them very highly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Chris. We will be following up with this claim today. Thank you for reaching out to us via social. We will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I moved in to my home in May of 2017. In June, the A/C stopped working. They came out numerous times and fixed some things, new compressor new fan motor, etc... And today they tell me that the unit was not working so they would not fix it. After charging me for services fees and fees to capture refrigerant and after 2 full month of no air. This company is committing consumer fraud.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Paula. Thank you for breaking down your experience for us. You raise some valid concerns in your review. This claim will be escalated today so that we can get a better understanding of your experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Poor experience. There was a "10 year" storm in Arizona when many people with built-up roofs had issues during a 7-10 day period of storms. Because it was an emergency situation in so many houses, I called 2-10 and they were informed and endorsed that I had enlisted a roofing company. I was also given a number to have this contractor call, which we did the next day. I had been told that the additional roof insurance would cover repairs up to $1,000. The contractor and I tried to call the next day, but the wait time was well over 30 minutes. It has taken quite some time to determine all of the damage, roof and interior, so I was just following up. I guess an email was sent that went to my trash which had requested information shortly after and that since we had not returned this info (as we hadn't seen it) that it was too late.

This is amazing to me, that one can be having major catastrophes that we are largely economically covering ourselves (and improving structures), yet all we have are these phone numbers and then "hope" that we will get some additional information by mail. Rain damage within a home isn't a situation when homeowners can be sitting by computers, I literally had all electronic devices off and electrical outlets were affected. It wasn't a time I was checking my spam.

I'll call their claims department, but the policy doesn't even look like it will cover $1,000 which was a fraction of the new roof. I don't know why anyone gets these warranties, there hasn't been one thing on the new home in the last two years that was a covered item. Mainly, it just makes me cynical of the entire realtor, home inspection, home warranty, insurance racket. If insurance doesn't pay for anything and if home inspections aren't uncovering fundamental problems waiting to happen then aren't these both entities we should consider no longer paying? Or consider renting instead of owning? It just seems like all the onus and work is on the homeowner and taxpayer and those involved with real estate and related services are working for each other, not us.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Robert. Thank you for that very thorough breakdown of your claim and your thoughts on our company. I would like to escalate this to my team so that we can address some of these statements you have mentioned in this post. Would you respond in a private message with your property address and/or work order number? Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Just had final bad experience with 2-10. Took them over 2 weeks to supposedly repair the heater that would not come on when heater button pushed on inside control panel. Technician claimed the entire circuit board needed to be replaced. Before replacing we were informed that we would have to pay in addition to the service visit an additional $200 for them to test and re-program the system. 2-10 claimed that this is "Maintenance" and not covered by the insurance.

So although the heater would not come on, I had no idea what would happen once the already programmed and fully functional panel had its circuit board replaced. I called on three separate occasions requesting to have this escalated to a supervisor. They apparently could not connect me at that time, but that someone would call back within 48 hours. NEVER received a call back to discuss.

In essence, without the homeowner being a technician, 2-10 expects you to shell out additional money to actually have the technician get your system back to what it was before he "repaired it" and to test it! Once work was completed, the lights on the inside panel all seemed to be working correctly and so figured that somehow control panel had maintained prior programming.

Since it is the middle of Summer, I did not actually test the spa to see if it was heating up despite the light turning on when pushed. Kids asked to jump into spa last night and only then did we discover that the water was not heating up. Still need to go out to heater and manually push the On button. In other words, the technician's diagnosis was wrong. He did not fix the problem!

When I called 2-10, they said that unfortunately I was "WAY past the 30 day guarantee period"?! 10 days past is way past? Again, if 2-10 had actually had the technician test everything after "fixing" and re-programmed panel would we have discovered whether or not his diagnosis and fix was correct. Bottom line is leaving whatever is repaired back in the same condition it was in before it broke down!

I also discovered in this process that although they sell you on how expensive it is to replace appliances, HVAC, etc. In the fine print the maximum payout can be as low as $300 and max $1000. Not enough to cover. A few examples: 1) I thought second fridge in the garage was covered. Found out it wasn't but they sold me on next renewal to pay for its coverage. When broke down, boy was I happy that I had gone ahead and purchased the extra coverage as had been sold to me. That quickly turned to disappointment when in fine print, max coverage was $300 and repair to coils and gasket were 5 times that.

2) Biggest pitch always is about cost to fix and/or replace your a/c system. This was key reason for paying for coverage. Sales folks pitch this hard, especially knowing that we are Florida residents that use A/C almost year round. Except on reading fine print, max is $1000. That wouldn't cover cost to replace both units, labor, etc. In fact, having an older unit, you have to pay extra since higher SEER which is now required forces you to pay extra for "Regulatory Change Coverage." So you pay even more for potentially years and then if it breaks and has to be replaced you will only get paid out for $1000! In sum --Not worth the money, coverage is weak and they don't back up the repair work by forcing customers to pay extra to actually have system tested and put back to the condition it was in before the item broke.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Alice. I am so happy that you have been overall satisfied with our services. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your continued business and support.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

When we had our home built, 2-10 was our warranty company. They were recommended by the builder and we had them for three years. Then we had someone else for two years but we went back to them. Submitting a claim was an easier process with 2-10. I call them over the phone, then I contact the companies that they recommended. Their contractors were here quicker and have been very professional. They also gave us better service and I’m satisfied with the work.

We’ve only had problems with one of the garage people but they immediately sent another one out, and we didn’t have any trouble with that one. Also, I was dissatisfied with the salesperson explaining to me about the deluxe appliance. I thought I was getting washer and dryer included, but it was not that. The $400 cap was just taken off of the kitchen appliances and that wasn't explained thoroughly by the sales person. But otherwise, everything has been fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi David. I am excited to hear that this has been a generally positive experience. If you issues moving forward with your claim, please feel free to message us back on here. Thank you for your positive feedback.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We bought the house in April and the sellers from whom we bought the house had 2-10 warranty on it. We've had one claim with the faucet in the master bathroom and the tub and the claims process was fairly simple. The contractor was very nice, but the faucet handle was falling off again last week. I just want to get the issue taken care of so it won't happen again. I have to call them out again this week but other than that, 2-10 has been fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Ronald. This sounds like a very unfortunate series of claims you have had with us. I can assure you that we do provide coverage on a lot of different systems but I am surprised that all three of your claims have been denied. I will escalate this to see if there is anyway to overturn this denial. I apologize that this has been stressful for you and I understand your frustration, Thank you for reaching out to us via Consumer Affairs and we will be in contact with you soon.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

After many phone calls and long wait times all claims were denied. Their tactic is to give you the runaround and then eventually deny the claim. First claim was for a broken ice maker. They said it wasn't covered. Second claim was for an electric range with burner that wasn't working. They said it wasn't covered. Third claim was for an air conditioner compressor motor capacitor. They never paid the claim. If they don't pay claims on these items, what do they pay for. I conclude that they avoid paying all claims. I will never buy a home warranty from this company. If anyone is considering buying a warranty from this company, please this complaint and all the other complaints about this company before you make your decision.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Bruce. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience with us. I appreciate your feedback with this recent AC claim. I will reach out to our contractor relations relations department and provide them with your review. Thank you again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We were coming from a different state so we were undecided which warranty company we should be with at first even before buying the house. Then my real estate agent recommended 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and I've been with them since April. I've submitted a claim over the phone and another one online and they were both pretty easy. The air-conditioner was not performing and they actually got somebody out same day which was unusual for June. He came out and found out that the Freon level was three pounds low. I asked if there was a leak and he said that it must be. Then he finished up and left.

Coming from Arizona, I thought that was unusual that he never checked for a leak. The first thing contractors usually do is try to find the leak because it's so expensive otherwise. It wasn't a week later and the air conditioner still wasn't performing as well as it should have. The compressor had such difficulty that it ended up blowing the two main fuses so they came out and finally figured out it was the fuses. They put a hard start on the compressor and then they left again. Did they do their job? Yeah. Did they do it as well as they could have? Probably not.

I'm just of the opinion that since we've had a couple of different contractors in here looking at it, they would be just saying that it's on its last legs and that we would take some cash and then turn around and buy a new one. That's why the rep suggested we have another tech come out and take a look and see what his thought process is on it. I've had two other contractors that have come over and given me their opinions in writing so we're just trying to make sure we're working hand-in-hand with the warranty company so that everybody spends the least amount of money. But so far, I've been satisfied with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

HI Maria. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience with us. We never want our customers to feel disrespected by our staff. I would like to escalate this claim so that the representative you spoke with is addressed and your claim is pushed forward. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will be calling you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Here I am again inquiring about this company. I made a claim 4 days ago about my AC being broken again. A year ago the same unit broke, the same part needed to be replaced (compressor) and it was replaced and my experience was a nightmare. I just called since I have been dealing with the AC again since 08/07, I was not transferred to a supervisor when I requested it. I called customer service twice today and they said the part was ordered. I could even see online thru the homeowner portal that the part was ordered and that HBW supplied. Customer service transferred me to purchasing to get an ETA.

When I called earlier no one from purchasing answered. I just called purchasing again and got a hold from a very rude lady who said they didn't even ordered the part yet. I told her what customer service said and what even the website said and she said that I did not make any sense. She said she was going to call the contractor and did not even put me on hold!!! I could hear her complaining about me and customers and she ended up hanging up on me.

I just called customer service again to explain what happened with purchasing and I was told that they could do nothing. That I have to call purchasing again and ask them what is going on!! I asked them for a supervisor and I was not transferred. I told the lady I am 9 months pregnant and that I really need someone to assist me in getting the AC fixed and I was told if I wanted to cancel my services to go ahead and email a cancellation notice. Do not waste your money. Stay away from this company. I have wasted 75 dollars for a service fee and I still do not have AC.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Curtis. I am delighted to hear you are thinking of renewing with us. I am very sorry that you spoke with someone on your first call that did not seem well versed in the issues you were experiencing with your unit. We will try to continue to improve our representatives so that they are always exceeding our customers' expectations.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

The seller's real estate agent chose 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for the monthly insurance as a part of the real estate deal when we bought the house. The 2-10 reps have always been attentive when we call them. The very first time we called was for a refrigerator issue and the person who answered did not seem familiar with the workings of the refrigerator, so was unable to tell me whether it was covered or not. But the second time was for HVAC and the person was knowledgeable. The mechanical issues were fixed and seemed to work fine and we've been happy with the experience so far. The warranty is coming up in a couple of months and we're considering to renew it. I would recommend 2-10 to anybody who wanted insurance coverage.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Tressa. I am interested in investigating this claim further. I am sorry for the stress this has caused you. Thank you for reaching out to us via Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I woke to water leaking from my garage ceiling through an electrical outlet and light fixture. Electricity and water = DANGER. I immediately called 2-10 and they provided me with an in-network service tech. When I reached them, they said they could get to me in 6 days. So I called to get a 2nd service tech. They also needed 6 days. The third could not make it out on that day. Reminder: I had shut my main water valve off to prevent the water from leaking through the electrical outlets, etc. They gave me an option of calling an out of network provider, paying for it and being reimbursed. So I did. Someone came out that afternoon. Turns out the water tube that goes from the sink to the back of the refrigerator had a hole and was leaking into the floor.

I immediately called to get approval. They asked what the problem was and I told them the tube had a hole and that "It probably should have been copper tube." That was my opinion. The plastic tube was perfectly acceptable for code. Because I threw in my opinion, they DENIED the claim because the tube was "not properly" installed. It WAS properly installed. It simply got a hole. They refused to budge. I went ahead and paid for the repair because I needed my water turned back on.

They said my only option was to get a second opinion from one of their in-network service techs. But their network service techs would not be able to come for a week. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told nobody was available to talk at that time, and I'd be called back in 24 hours. I called the next day to speak to someone else, and was told there was no note in the system requesting someone to call me. I was going to sign up for another year of service, but I feel like this is a terrible waste of money because, in my opinion, they probably deny everyone. Again, what a scam. Do not buy this service.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Sonja. I am so sorry this issue is still occurring. You raise some valid concerns. I would like to escalate your claim so that we can end up resolving this. Thank you for reaching out to us via consumer affairs.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I am VERY disappointed with the service that I have received from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. First, when I called to request service there are too many options to choose from prior to speaking with a human. Second, there is no follow up by 2-10 to ensure that the customers' job was completed. I called about a leaking refrigerator on 4/28. It is now 6/9 and the refrigerator has not been fixed. The 2-10 representative informed me that the contractor never followed up with them (2-10). Although the contractor may be to blame in this situation, no one from 2-10 followed up either. This type of customer service is unacceptable. I hope that these type of issues can be fixed for future clients.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Michael. I am so sorry you had a poor experience with us. You raise some valid suggestions and we will do our best to see your concerns are addressed moving forward. Thank you for reaching out to us on Consumer affairs and I am very sorry that you lost trust in our ability to resolve your claims.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

My clothes dryer quit working. 2-10 promptly dispatched an appliance repairman. He diagnosed a defective motor. I paid $100 for service visit per contract terms. He ordered the motor and gave 7 days estimate to receive the motor. FedEx record shows he received the motor the following day but the repairman disappeared and could never be contacted. I attempted to get this resolved with 2-10 after one week. Two weeks after my initial call 2-10 said they were elevating my problem to contractor relations but one week after that they had still failed to do so. I complained I had been without a dryer for three weeks and they still needed more time.

They offered me a contract buyout of $141. At that point I accepted and hired a repairman on my own and dryer was repaired the next day. Each call to 2-10 put me in a phone queue that took at least 30 min to reach a person. One person accidentally cut me off, did not call me back so I started the phone wait once again. All representatives were extremely polite but I could get no action to resolve my issue. In my opinion 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is an expensive waste of money to give the homebuyer a false sense of security with their new home purchase. I do not recommend them at all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Brenda. I am concerned to hear about your recent claim experience. Would you respond with your property address and/or work order number? I would like to escalate this to my team and have them review this claim. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I wasn't very pleased with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. If something is a little bit complicated, it's too hard to talk to anyone that knows any more than the standard line. There's no connection where you can really explain things to somebody and they can get the information and give it back to you. My cooling system went out and they sent a repair person. He came, said it was done and left. But six days later, and this is at the end of my warranty, all of a sudden, it went out again. It started banging and bumping.

They sent Carolina Comfort Air and the guy said I needed a compressor which took them two weeks to find because it was old. They put that in but a few days later, it went out again. The guy came back and he said he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He said to let him know if it started again and the next time we called, it went out automatically. We called the guy back, he came and said he found out what was wrong with it. He fixed it but then they said I was not covered anymore because it's a 30-day return. I had nothing to do with the time announced. I was working with the company and that company that they sent me. I didn't think that was quite fair and it dragged on and off for over a month. But I'm happy now because I have air and it's been very hot since June.

It's a good company for most people but there isn't enough connection. I get different people every time I call and I'm old. I was really uncomfortable. I had not had any trouble until this time which I felt like I wasn’t treated fairly and everything didn't go extremely well. But the company that they send out seem to be very good and they did what they needed to do.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Mark. This sounds like an extremely frustrating situation. I am concerned to hear you have not been contacted by our staff in regards to this claim. I am going to escalate this claim right away so that we can try to turn this around for you. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

First off, this is the second service call/repair that we've had over the past few years. The service on the 1st service call was excellent. This service call on the other hand is just the opposite. First off, the temperatures over the last 2-3 weeks in my location have been in excess of 100 degrees. Our AC unit stopped blowing conditioned air. I began the process by calling and initiating a work order. I received the standard email which contained the work order number and assigned contractor.

I called the contractor the next day to schedule a visit. At this point, the contractor told me that he no longer represents 2-10. I called 2-10 back in order for them to assign another contractor. 2-10 assigned a contractor that was a 2 hour drive away and would take a week just do the initial visit/diagnoses (Still dealing in excess of 100 degree temperatures). I once again called 2-10 and they assigned a contractor who was less than a 1/2 hour away and could be at our home that same day.

Following the established process, the contractor told me that the compressor was at fault and that once he reported his diagnoses to 2-10, the evaluation process would begin. He said that either he, or 2-10 would contact me within the next 5 days to give me an update on their determination of the direction they would take, which I verified by calling 2-10.

We are now on day eleven with no action to date, no information available from 2-10 and still 100 degree weather in our area. In my opinion, this is a total failure and breakdown of effective business management on the part of 2-10. Bad business and not an effective investment on my part as a home owner (In excess of $1200 in monthly premium payments over the last 2.5 years). We're close to three weeks now with a busted AC. No one offered to get us a window unit while they took their time working through their process. Nothing! Unless this process is completed to my satisfaction pretty damn quick, it will be time to contact an attorney and take my business elsewhere.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Aug. 17, 2017

2-10 has stated that my material cost will be refunded and this is all I requeted. I strongly suggest that 2-10 make it easier to resolve these kind of complaints before they escalate.

As 2-10 has quickly and professionally responded to other request, I have raised my rating to 4 stars.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Marc. I am concerned to hear about the way this claim played out. I am going to have my team investigate your experience further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will reach out to you soon.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Filed service request #** at night on 8/3/2017 on the 2-10 Website. Reported water pipe broke in wall of shower and water was running into interior of wall. Checked Website next day and noticed it said status unavailable and not dispatched. Call 2-10 and representative stated she would check and after a few minutes stated 2-10 had 48 hours to respond. The next day, request still had unavailable for status. I opened the wall, cut the pipe and installed valve to shut water off to shower, so we could have water in the rest of our home.

Called 2-10 again and representative apologized over and over about a problem with the request, but had no resolve for my situation. I told her it appeared the faucet was cracked and I would get someone or fix myself. I repaired the problem for about $200 in parts and a few hours of labor. I emailed the service department that I expected to receive reimbursement for materials and received an email about hiring a licensed contractor and have them get previous authorization. I kind of assumed that if 2-10 would have done their job, I would have not had to take any action, or could of sit here without water for a week or more.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Nancy. I am very concerned to hear that you received poor customer service by one of our team members. I can assure you, we never want our customers to feel disrespected by our staff. I will see that my colleagues are informed of this immediately. Thank you for bringing you experience to our attention.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My AC went out this evening on 08/07/2017. I immediately called 2-10 Home Warranty. Was on hold for over 25 minutes. When I finally did talk with a person - Jessica - she was very short with me, talked too fast I had to ask to repeat. I had to tell her several times that I wanted to know the contractors in my area so I can pick one, she just assigned one. Again I asked about 2 contractors in my area but they weren't in their system. Then she told me that there was one in Colorado, well duh, I live in Arkansas, she sounded sarcastic. Then she named off the contractors that were in their system, well there was only 3 of which I never heard of any of them. So I had no choice but to go with the one she assigned. I will admit that I had to call 2-10 several times already, and this is the first time that a CSR has been rude, impolite.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Karen. Thank you so much for the feedback. We will definitely take your suggestions and critiques seriously moving forward. Thank you for reaching out to us via Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We got 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when we're closing our house and we've been with them for about two and a half years. The mortgage company recommended them to us. I just used to pay the bill and I get it. However, it's expensive and when I did need them, they weren't as accessible as I thought they would be. I had a hard time getting somebody on a Saturday just to answer the phone.

I had to use it when my air condition went out last June. However, they gave me the runaround before I found somebody that I could talk to. I called one number and it was disconnected. It was horrible. When I pretended like I wanted to purchase it, somebody came on the phone. But nobody would answer when I just called the number right out to let them know I was having trouble. They should be more accessible anytime and they need someone to be there all the time to answer the phones.

When I finally got somebody, they were fine. They helped me locate the person here and then they let them know that I needed assistance. Then the air condition guy came out within an hour. But, I had to pay more than the $75 because it was on a Saturday and it doesn't let you know that until you have to use it. So we ended up paying $125, but he did fix it. I would recommend them with reservation because I was disappointed that it took that long and we had to pay more other than the $75.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Anne. We are delighted to hear that we were able to help you through your last claim. Thank you for the wonderful review and thank you for your continued business.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

When we bought the house, the person selling it had paid our first year with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. I was impressed after we used them the first time, we just continued using them. They have been going on protecting our home systems and appliances for 2 years. I have always submitted my claim online. I had some questions the last time because I wanted a certain contractor. So I called and they were extremely helpful in putting in the claim. They also explained how I could do the self-submission myself. That didn't work out so I called them again and they fixed it to where somebody else could come out because that company I wanted went with a different warranty. This last one was our air conditioning. They didn't call back for a while, but once they did, they were here and got the job done really quickly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Marci. We are happy that, other than the little hiccup with the first contractor, you have been satisfied overall with our service. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage for about two years now and their claim process is user-friendly as long as the contractor actually show up and follow through. The contractors are willing to do the work for big items, but they're more hesitant to come if it's something small. Our very first claim was for our garbage disposal, but we never had a contractor come and fix it. When we reached out to 2-10, we were told what was told to the contractor and that the contractor would be in touch with us. We called the contractor but at that point, it was easy to do and so we did it ourselves. Other than that, every other claim has been fine and we usually have a representative who would follow up.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Judith. We appreciate that our service eases your mind. We appreciate your loyalty and support. Thank you for the positive review.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Some of their service contractors have not been up to my standards. But most of them have been fine and we have had 2-10 for a long time. I like the warranty and having it eases my mind.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Kasey. We appreciate that very thorough review of your experience withus. Thank you for investing years into our product. We appreciate your continued support.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We purchased our first home in 2004. It's a separate home from the one that we have and when we purchased it, one of the things that were offered to us was a 1-year home warranty from 2-10. Then, we moved overseas and when we moved back to America, we said we're getting a warranty company again when we buy a house. We will renew it every single year because we learned from having that house that a warranty is a smart thing to have. I stuck with 2-10 because I knew what they had to offer.

Submitting claims hasn’t been too bad. We've had a few hiccups but it was more with the company that we've had come out. I sometimes feel like the companies that come to the house aren’t the greatest with time management or responding to phone calls. The company that came out for some repairs on the roof was HCI. Then we had a separate issue with it. They came out for this other issue that we're having but thankfully, they're not doing the work.

2-10 suggested another company because HCI didn’t have the equipment to fix it. It's either they don't come out at the time that they were supposed to come out or they would come out and then we would still have an issue. That’s frustrating and it's weird because 2-10 contacts with them. Customer service is a big deal. If you're running hours behind, you should probably call your customers and say you're going to be there but that it may look more like a certain time rather than not calling at all.

The second company just came out to assess what was going to be done and hopefully, they'd be able to fix it and we won't have an issue. Also, we had a problem with our air conditioning unit on a Saturday. I called 2-10 and the guy said that the company that we go through had 48 or 72 hours before they had to contact us because it was a weekend. The countdown may not start until Monday but that company actually called us on Sunday and set up an appointment to come out on Monday. They were fast and great to fix the AC unit. I always suggest that people get 2-10 Home Buyers.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Anita. I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. Thank you for informing us of your experiences. I am going to do everything I can to try and turn this around for you.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is absolutely by far the worst home buyers warranty in the market. I have placed a service request for my AC unit which has been down since June 14, 2017 and it is now 8/4/2017 and my request has yet to be filled. I would like to first add, their list of contractors must have been selected by a roll of the dice type of choosing.

They have sent some of the most incompetent contractors to my home I've ever seen. Not only were they incompetent, they all follow the same protocol of customer service when trying to reach their offices and send all calls to voicemail with no way to leave a message, and very lengthy on-hold music to purposely force you to hang up or go blind listening to the dreadful on-hold music. The warranty company and their contractors work together to ensure you get tired of trying to get the service you need. However, I refuse and they will finalize my request and provide me the service as I've been diligently paying my monthly service fees. Horrible experience continues!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Bryan. Thank you for breaking down your claim experience to us. I am going to escalate this so that you have one person continually following up with you on the status of this claim. We appreciate you informing us on this claim and we will do our best to turn this around for you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We closed on our new home on Wednesday 07/19/2017. On Sunday, 07/30/2017 at approximately 4:00 PM, the air conditioner condenser shut off and would not turn back on. Due to the consistent 100 degree temperatures in Arizona, the temperature inside the home quickly rose to the 90s. My wife is 9 months pregnant, due 08/10/2017. I have an 18 month old son. Because of this, we had to leave our new home and stay with family.

When we purchased our home, we purchased 2-10 Home Warranty with Supreme Coverage. Confident that the issue would be resolved quickly due to the fact that air conditioning in Arizona is a NECESSITY OF LIFE during August, we submitted a claim to 2-10 that day, who immediately dispatched Aire to the Throne A/C and I received a message on my 2-10 portal stating I would be contacted within 48 hours, which I considered to be a ridiculous time frame for something so critical. I waited all day Monday, 07/31 for a call but did not receive one. After waiting until noon on Tuesday, 08/01 without a response, we contacted Aire to the Throne, who stated because it was a new contract, they had to "jump through hoops" before they would be able to service our air conditioner, and stated the first appointment they had available was between 8 and 10 on Wednesday 08/02.

Aire to the Throne responded at approximately 10:15 am on Wednesday 08/02. After a quick inspection, we were advised the compressor had failed and it would cost approximately $2200 to replace. We were also advised that before any work could be performed, the diagnosis would have to be submitted to 2-10 who would review it and decide if they would cover the cost. We were advised the diagnosis would be submitted by 12:00 pm that day, but even if the work was approved there would be no openings until at least next week. At approximately 12:15, we called 2-10 to get a status update (amazing how punctual you learn to become with such things when your choices are to be crammed in the spare bedroom at a siblings house or broil inside of your home). 2-10 advised they had not received a diagnosis and could do nothing.

Due to the fact that we had now been without air conditioning for 4 days and there did not seem to be any urgency at all to resolve the issue, I spent over $500 dollars purchasing (2) 12,000 BTU portable air conditioners, (1) 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner, and (1) 5,200 BTU portable air conditioner and installed them so that I was able to return to my home. Fortunately I was able to purchase them used or the cost would have been closer to $1000.

On 08/03/2017 at 11:00 am after still not hearing any response from 2-10 or Aire to the Throne, I attempted to contact 2-10. I went through their phone tree once and was disconnected as soon as I was finally transferred to an agent. I went through the phone tree again and spoke to a representative who advised they had still not received any diagnosis from Aire to the Throne. She stated she would submit a contractor relations form and request, but they still had 24 hours to respond. I voiced my dissatisfaction and was apologized to. I contacted newacunit.com and was quoted an out the door price of approximately $3800 for a completely new AC system including installation.

The bottom line is that I purchased the 2-10 contract with the expectation that I would be taken care of in the event of a critical system failure such as this one, but instead I have been left sweating. If I had known a crisis such as this one would be treated so secondhand and as such a low priority, I would have never purchased the contract. The money I spent on the contract (as well as the money I spent on portable AC units) would have been put to better use paying an independent contractor to fix the problem.

I expect 2-10 to resolve this issue timely. As I stated before I have a child due on 08/10 and will not tolerate the system to be out of order after that. If the system remains out of order I will pay out of my own pocket to have it fixed, after which I will educate the public through reviews posted to BBB, Ripoff Report, Yelp, Google Reviews, Facebook, and any other outlet available until I am certain that the financial loss 2-10 caused me has been reciprocated.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there David. Thank you for letting us know about your fridge issues. I am going to escalate this for you first thing tomorrow morning so that we can try to turn this around for you. I am so sorry for the stress this has caused you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Filed claim on refrigerator not cooling on 07/23/17. They sent a company out that said this & that about what was wrong & would file paperwork with 2-10 for approval to repair. I paid them a $60 service fee as required. Next I received a call from 2-10 and they tell me that the company that they sent cannot do the work.(?) They will send someone else. Well, today is Aug 3, 2017 at 9:30 am. So far the only two things of any consequence that have happened are: I am out $60, and secondly, have had no fridge since July 23rd.

Why do I think if I were the president of 2-10 Warranty and my fridge went out that this would have been handled much differently. Kind of lets you know where you stand as a customer of 2-10 Warranty. Ever tried to live without your fridge for nearly 2 weeks in the summer in Phoenix? It's not fun! If and when someone shows up, you know what’s coming next..."we will submit the paperwork to 2-10 Warranty and wait for an approval. Then we will order parts and reschedule you etc etc". I see this dragging out for a month. It's not good folks!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Alfred. I am extremely concerned to hear the way this claim played out. I am escalating this right away so that we can reexamine your claim and reach out to your contractor. I am very sorry for the service you received. We never want our customers to feel disrespected or slighted by our service providers. We will do what we can to make this right. Would you send us in a private message, your property address and/or work order number? Unfortunately you did not provide it on here and we need that information to proceed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The contractor 2-10 sent out for my first claim was very good. It was a long time before they came but once they did, the hot water guy took care of the problem. But 2-10 has to realize one thing - people need service and they need it right away. They can’t wait on the weekends or five, six days later. Then, for my second claim, they recommended a refrigeration company and they were a piss-poor company to start out with. They came Thursday night and checked over the unit. They said they were going to remove the coil, work on the drain and put a UV light in and it was $75 for that call. I wrote them a check for $300, $225 was supposed to be for the UV light, which was half-price, and the other $75 was for the home warranty. They cashed that check and ran it through the bank so freaking fast the ink wasn’t dried on it.

I tried to get a hold of them Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I couldn't. They had their answering machine and it was still programmed for the 4th of July. The situation was getting worse. On Monday, I called another company and within an hour they had a service tech here. I called the previous company back about 11 o’ clock that morning and told them to cancel as I didn’t want any part of them anymore. They were coming over right away but I said to forget it. I’m reporting them to the Florida Association. They’re a scam artist if you ask me and I’m disappointed in 2-10 Warranty for recommending them in the first place. They should be able to check these companies out. If they’re not fit and with one complaint, they should be gotten rid of. They’re well aware that I put a complaint in with them. They called me and I’m still waiting from this refrigeration company to get my money back. I still haven’t gotten my $225 from them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Fatima. I offer my sincerest apologues for the predicament you were put in with this recent claim. I am going to do everything I can to try and turn this around for you.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This is the worse company I've ever had to deal with. I initiated a claim over two months ago and no one has been out to fix my air condition. Their customer service and parts department is inefficient, their supply chain and the matter on how they procure parts is obviously ineffective cause it's been over two months. The representatives are disrespectful and chastising, which as a customer that is paying a healthy monthly fee, that ** is utterly unacceptable. I am still currently waiting for the part to get picked up today, but was told on Monday that it would be picked up tomorrow...

Today is Wednesday. The representative tried to explain to me that it was the fault of the service provider because he "must have used the wrong purchase order number." When I asked was the PO# what was needed because I personally spoke with the service provider and he said the part was not available, the rep proceeded to tell me that I was wrong because those are two different numbers. I guess me having an M.A. degree in supply chain management and being a logistician in military makes me a complete idiot... "Purchase Order Number", PO#... Yes I must be a damn idiot! I would not recommend anyone use this company AT ALL!!! They obviously know they're in the wrong because they reimbursed me the initial service fee $75, which means absolutely nothing because my house is still a good 94 degrees on any given day in the great state of North Carolina.

Because I'm so patient (being facetious) I will wait for them to actually do their job if possible and fix my air conditioning. Until then I will continue to blast them EVERYDAY, and report them to the Better Business Bureau. Them and the service provider they continue to use, Service Unlimited. Now I understand why it's so difficult to reach the corporate office. After reading over 20 negative reviews and dissatisfied customers, I understand why. 2-10 Homebuyers warranty is a DECEIVING, INEFFICIENT, INEFFECTIVE, UNRELIABLE, INADEQUATE, COMPANY... They're basically THIEVES!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Laura. We so appreciate the review and your continued loyalty. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Submitting a claim with 2-10 Home Buyer's warranty is fairly easy. It's all automated and we've been doing it on the phone. If we have trouble, the call goes to a live person. Also, the contractors who have come out to do the services have been great. And so, we will continue to renew our warranty for as long as we own our house.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Kevan. I want to assign this to a senior level representative that will follow up with you consistently until this is resolved. Thank you for reaching out to us and we want to do our best to make this right.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

It's been almost two weeks since I put in a claim with 2-10. My ac unit for down stairs has been and still is, leaking heavily. Well after the fourth week a contractor finally came to my house with a heavy alcohol scent. He went up stairs to see the internal unit in the attic. Then he came down and explained to me what he saw and telling me about submitting a claim and diagnosis and once that's done, in a day or two he or another member of his team would be back to complete the job.

He then asked for the $60 fee which I gave him and then asked for my email address to send me a receipt which I never received. On Friday past the other ac unit stopped working completely. Yesterday I took a ladder to see how badly the leak was affecting my house and quickly realized that the roof shingles and backboard are both in bad shape due to this issue. I keep calling and keep getting a runaround, this is in unacceptable. It's 94 degrees upstairs at 11 in the night at my house. I suffer with asthma and the hot air is harder to breathe in. The kids find it hard to sleep in their rooms even with a fan. I called tonight and got a lady who asked me to call the claims department in the morning. I'll try that then I'll update this tomorrow night and every night till it's resolved.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Donna. I am sorry for the stress this claim has brought you, and for the extreme delays you experienced. I will be sending this to an escalations team right away so that we can contact you and try to make this right. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: July 31, 2017

When we purchased our home, our realty office suggested that we purchase a home warranty from 2-10 Warranty, which we did. The purchase was made in July 2016. On May 19, 2017, our air conditioning unit for our second floor blew warm air. So, we made a claim to 2-10. We received an email with our work order number, and the name of a contractor called Service Pro.

By June 1, we had received no contact from Service Pro. We sent an email to Service Pro questioning why we had not been contacted. On June 5, we contacted 2-10 to see why we had not received any communication. We were on the phone for 45 minutes, and told that they would contact Service Pro, that we would hear from them within 24-48 hours. On June 8, still no contact, called 2-10, who put me on hold, and stated they spoke with Service Pro who scheduled an appointment for June 12, between 1-4. On June 12, at 12:30, we received a call from Service Pro re-scheduling the appointment for the next morning. I alerted 2-10 as to this change. On June 13, we received a call that the appointment would be changed to sometime before 2. At 3, no one had arrived. I called Service Pro and received no answer, I left a message on their main number and a secondary number I found. I received no response.

I called again the next day, no response. On June 14, I called 2-10 and spoke with Teesha, this call lasted 30 minutes. I was told that we would be assigned another contractor. On June 16, I received an email telling me that Del Mar Va Air Conditioning would be contacting us. On June 20, after receiving no contact from Del Mar Va, I called, left a message and texted the company. I received a very quick response stating that they had never received any communication from 2-10 concerning our claim, and that they would not have accepted it anyway because they were over an hour from our home and would not have accepted the contract.

On June 20, I called 2-10, and spoke with Joshia (sp?), who stated that 2-10 would do a "hand search" in an attempt to locate another contractor in our area. My response from 2-10 was an email stating that we, the "homeowner" had "declined dispatch". I attempted to respond to this email but could not due to their system.

On June 28, I spoke with George, this call lasted 25 minutes. I asked to speak with a supervisor, but was told that no supervisors were available. George explained that we could contact an outside contractor, or they (2-10) would still attempt to find a contractor in our area. After George explained what was entailed with contacting an out of network contractor I demanded that I be put in contact with a supervisor. I spoke with Mary. After this conversation I thought we had some hope of having our air conditioning restored. Mary told me that we could call an outside contractor, who could then get approval for the work. Due to the fact that my husband and I are on fixed incomes, one of the reasons we purchased the warranty in the first place, I asked how this would be paid for. Mary told me that if the work was approved, 2-10 had a credit card number they could give the contractor so that the materials could be purchased.

Satisfied with this information, I began researching air conditioning contractors in our area. After several calls to companies declining due to the warranty situation, I finally located one. Meanwhile, in the beginning of July our original coverage was due to expire, so I renewed it online. On July 21, the contractor we located called 2-10 personally to speak with them to see what was needed from him to get approval for the work. He then called me back to tell me that 2-10 would be contacting me and that he would come out to determine what was needed to get our unit in working order. Upon examination of the unit, he determined that the unit could not be repaired, and would need to be replaced. This information was provided to 2-10 by the contractor, with an estimate for the work.

On July 27, we had not been contacted by 2-10, so another call was placed, this one lasting 47 minutes. First I spoke with Susan, who told me there was no record of our claim, however, after I provided the original work order number and the original date, she was able to locate the claim. She then informed me I needed to be transferred to Claims Management. I spoke with Melody. Who repeatedly placed me on "brief" holds "researching my claim". Finally I was told that the company could not proceed until they received a "breakdown of the work, a description of what the contractor was going to do, not the cost, but the job breakdown". Then, because of the cost, it would have to be reviewed by their "high cost claims, in Denver". Then she told me that we could pay the contractor up front, get the unit fixed and then "apply for reimbursement".

I told her about my conversation with Mary about the credit card. Again, put on hold. I was told she would have to research that information and get back to me. NOW, the clincher, after hanging up, I immediately call our contractor. I was told by our contractor that at 1:38 pm (this would have been during the time while I was on the phone with Susan, prior to being transferred to Melody), that Melody had called him and he gave her a detailed description of what work needed done, and why. So, Melody lied when she stated they needed this information! Another DELAY TACTIC?!?

Our contractor told me 2-10 would be contacting me. On July 31, I contacted 2-10, having received no call from them. I had to convince to call taker that I needed to speak to someone in Claims Management, this took about 10 minutes. I finally was transferred to Karl/Carl, who told me there was no record of someone speaking to our contractor on July 27!!!! He also told me that he did not need the break down of the job, but a detailed list of the items to be replaced and their cost. I asked if this could be emailed to 2-10, so that we would have a record of the list and that it was sent. I was told it would take 24-48 hours for someone to read, and it would be quicker if the contractor called. I told him I would have the contractor call as soon as I got off the phone and I would have someone witness this call so there would be no question.

I asked for an email address where I would send a detail of the hours I have spent trying to get this fixed. At this point he gave me "his" email address and informed me to send the complaint to him, then he would forward it to his supervisor. He then told me that our contractor could send an email directly to him with the detailed cost. I asked for the supervisor's email, but was told that if the supervisor received all the emails with complaints the supervisor's desk would be full. So after hearing that, it confirmed that we weren't the only ones to not be satisfied with 2-10.

Also, after googling the company, it only confirmed that the months between May and July 2017 there were A LOT of similar complaints to ours. So, we are still left without air conditioning! And, not sure when or if we will ever have it fixed. We can not afford to put out the upfront money, and as I stated before, that is one of the reasons we went with the warranty company. So, I'm beginning to question whether or not this company is legitimate or not? Is it a scam? Is it a front? Why are there so many people having the same experience or similar experience as we? I also suggest to all those who have complaints, contact your realtor who originally told you about 2-10, let them know what has occurred.

We will be, as well as the company who represented the sellers. Both companies are very large in our area, and are from two different states, Delaware and Maryland, so I will encourage them to pass on the information to their state realtor association. 2-10 advertises that having the homeowners warranty will give you the peace of mind that unforeseen pricey repairs will be covered and made if you purchase their warranty, well, you can't prove that by us.

Updated on 08/11/2017: Prior to reading this review, refer to a review that we did prior to this in August 2017. This deals with trying desperately to get an air conditioning unit fixed since May 19th 2017. Finally after posting on consumer affairs a review, we got a response from the company. On August 8th, a contractor of their choosing came to our home and inspected our air conditioning unit. Prior to this we had an independent contractor come and look at the unit. His advice was to replace the unit. His estimated cost was $5,400. 2-10 would only agree to pay $2,300. So we agreed to have their contractor come and look at the unit. On August 8th their contractor recharged our unit with freon.

Our contractor had advised us he could have also done that however it was putting a Band-Aid on the problem, not fixing it. Up until last evening the unit appeared to be working. As of today August 11th, that portion of the house is 84 degrees. We have guests coming for the weekend from England who are going to be sleeping in an 84 degree bedroom. Two weeks ago we had a marine on leave stay over, he also had to sleep in an 84 degree bedroom. If you have not subscribed to this company as of yet, don't do it. If you have a contract with them, you might want to look into it a little bit more before your air conditioning unit gives out. Also if we could rate our experience with this company with a zero star we would.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Casey. Thank you for taking the time to breakdown your experiences with your recent claim. I can see how this could be an overwhelming and exhausting process for you. I am going to escalate this so that we can try to turn this around for you. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I submitted a ticket with 2-10 on 5/30/17 because my AC was running but blowing warm air. Two days later on 6/1, the contractor told me he thought it was because of a leak but didn't search to find it. He said it's usually the evaporator coil so he would just replace that. The part status on 2-10's website said TBD for about a week. I called asking why it was taking so long and they said the order sat on someone's desk and they overlooked it. They didn't order the part until 3 days later on 6/11 and because of that, the part didn't come in until Friday 6/16. That left me without AC another week and the contractor couldn't come out until Monday. On 6/19 the coil was replaced and my AC recharged. The air coming out of my vents was still not very cold and I asked the contractor if he was sure it was fully charged.

He went out and added another pound and then it felt a little colder. So he was basically guessing and didn't know how to properly recharge the system. My AC seemed to work okay for a few days and then I noticed my unit was running for hours and the temperature in my home wasn't going down at all. I called 2-10 and they put in a call to re-dispatch the contractor. The contractor never called me during several days, so I kept calling him. He finally came out and then said he thought the compressor needing replacing. 2-10 ordered a compressor, which took another week. The contractor came back on 7/5 to replace the compressor. After he installed it and charged the unit it didn't seem very cold coming out of the vents. I asked him again if he charged it fully. He said yes and if it wasn't working well he didn't know what to do to fix the unit and left.

I tried giving it a few days but on 7/8 I noticed no air was blowing out of my vents at all. The outside unit was still running so I went to check my indoor unit. The line coming from the evaporator coil was frozen, which is usually a sign of the system not being charged properly. From 7/10-7/13 I repeatedly called the contractor and left messages. He never called me back. I called 2-10 several times and he would not answer or return their call either. Finally on 7/13 2-10 assigned a different contractor to come out. I called him and he said he'd come out the next afternoon, 7/15. He never showed up or called me. I called him and asked what was going on and he said another job took longer than expected. He never apologized for not calling me. He said he had one guy who worked weekends and would be out on Saturday 7/16. I waited all day and no one showed up or called again.

On Monday 7/17 I was about to head out of the door and the contractor called, expecting me to drop everything so they could come out that morning. He told me if I didn't, he didn't know when they would be able to look at my unit. Since it had been a month and a half and I was sick of waiting, I took the day off work. The second contractor looked at everything and said the first guy put a R-410a compressor in my R-22 system, which compromised the system and would require replacing everything. 2-10 said they would not authorize the work until the first contractor came out and could verify what the second guy could say. They also wanted to send the inept first contractor to warranty his work which I did not want since he did not know what he was doing and could damage more things in my home. They said he had 3 days to respond to 2-10. He never called to come to my house and 2-10 said he had not contacted them.

On 7/20 someone in 2-10's contractor relations department called and said he had until the end of the day to respond or he would be held liable and they would figure out a resolution. I did not hear back from the same person from 2-10 until 7/25. He said the contractor never responded and they were still trying to figure out what to do. He tried giving me the contractor's insurance information. When I asked why, he could not explain it and I got the feeling they were trying to blame the contractor and make me sue him to get my unit fixed so they would not be liable. In less than an hour, someone else from 2-10 called me saying the contractor had been to my house (he never called me) and that he said the whole outside unit needed replacing. So he screwed up the unit and had me without AC for several more weeks and instead of admitting it and being held liable, he said the entire unit was broken so he can get paid to put it in.

It's been a week and the parts still aren't in. It has now been two months. I have a feeling it will be at least another week until the parts come in. I have no faith the contractor will install the unit properly and anticipate more problems in this long saga. 2-10 doesn't press these contractors to come out promptly or communicate well (I had to chase the contractors the whole time), makes you wait weeks for a part just to save a few bucks, and doesn't care that I've suffered in 90-110 degree weather for 2 months in Virginia. Save your money and hire your own contractors, this isn't worth the hassle, frustration, and suffering.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile