toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Edmond, we appreciate the recommendation. Thank you for being a customer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

The representatives that I've talked to have been knowledgeable, courteous, and answered all of my questions. The claim process was easy. Moreover, the service guy fixed the issue in a timely manner. He's knowledgeable about what he was doing. Overall, I'd recommend 2-10. They delivered what they said they would.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Joann. We are elated to hear that you have had a successful ten years with us. We hope to continue making it a pleasant and comfortable experience for you for the next decade to come. Thank you so much for the review and your continued service with us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

We like 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and we've had them for about 10 years now. Submitting a claim isn't a hassle at all. Their claims reps are very nice. They call the service people to come out when something’s wrong. They tell me who they called and who's gonna call me to set up the appointment. I'm very glad that I have 2-10 and I’ve not had a problem with having anyone to come out and do what they're supposed to do. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I have it in case something happens so that’s really helpful to me.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alaric. We are happy to hear that these four years with us has been so successful. We hope to keep creating comfortable and efficient service for you. Thank you so much for the review and the support.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

2-10 is a great warranty to have and I've been using them for four years now. When I submitted a claim over the phone the process was very prompt and easy. And the reps were straight to the point. I told them what was wrong, they sourced out the company to do it, and the company came out quick and repaired it. The contractor who came out was knowledgeable and didn't take a lot of time to get the job done.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Jeanine. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with quick service. Thank you for the helpful and encouraging review.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

We had 2-10 since we bought our house. It was easy to submit a claim to them over the phone, and they came right away. I had no problems. The contractor was also very informative and helpful. I was very pleased with the work and how quickly they responded to my request.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings David. We are ecstatic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with honest and satisfactory service. Thank you so much for the review and for being such a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was provided to us by the seller of our home. We have submitted two claims now. A few weeks ago, we had the water heater fail. They sent a company up here to repair it, and they installed two new heating elements in the water heater, flushed the water heater, and we were very satisfied. And then when it turned cold about a week ago, the heat did not come on. They sent a company out yesterday and they repaired the problem to our satisfaction. In fact, they're coming back tomorrow to complete the repair. I tried to submit the claims online but I wasn’t sure if I was really placing the request, so I ended up on the phone both times. The claims reps were very easy to get a hold of and very friendly. They seemed to be knowledgeable of the issues and said that they would get someone in touch with us within 24 to 48 hours, which was exactly what happened.

We had different company each time call us and schedule to come up here. The technicians were on time and were very courteous. They completed the work as promptly as they could given the difficulties they encountered. In fact, the furnace company technician was having issues and the owner of the company came to the house to assist. We are extremely satisfied with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. They do what they say they’ll do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Nellie. We are ecstatic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. We hope to keep providing you with efficient and easy service. Thank you so much for the review and your continued relationship with us.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

We had 2-10 when we purchased our house from the builder and have had them for eighteen years. When I submitted a claim, the reps were very informative, and gave me the information that I needed. Also, everything they told me that was going to happen with the repair happened just the way they said it was going to. Everything was taken care of efficiently and easily. The contractor was very active, pleasant, efficient, and did a great job. The result has turned out well, and it was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had 2-10 for about three years, and I'm fully satisfied each time I've placed a service call. The contractors have been polite, did their job, and then took care of the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The fan motor on my air conditioner quit working and went bad. I submitted a claim and the contractor called me that night and was here the next morning. He's very honest, trustworthy, professional in every way and had a pleasant spirit about him. I wrote a letter of commendation about him and told 2-10 how pleased I was with him. I'd also like to have him in the future and will be staying with 2-10 Home Buyers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The air conditioner broke down. 2-10 couldn’t repair it so they had to replace it and make the modification. I had to put it on to keep it from exploding but it’s good enough to emit pressure. But 2-10 has got to follow the code. Everything's been good, but sometimes, I get shocked and I didn't like that. Then after I cool down, I found out it's not their fault. The government changed the code about the air conditioning. They had to come out and put them over me and then reconstruct things around. But they didn't come yet. They were scheduled for Monday then they called up to reschedule but I wasn't home. I called yesterday and they told me that they had left a message. I checked my cellphone and they did and they told me to call back to make an appointment. So they’re supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm satisfied and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

2-10 are providing my home structure warranty, so, I decided to go with the home warranty as well after the one-year expiration. The last claim was for a air-conditioning repair. It was handled correctly and they dispatched a technician to take care of it. Still, it was not completely working yet because I was out of town for three weeks, and they are supposed to replace a part and I have to schedule a time with them. The contractors were professional, working with them was good. Plus, the claims reps have been very helpful. 2-10 has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty since 2000 when I bought the house. The builder, Atlantic Homes, warranted the house for the first year and they recommended 2-10 Warranty after that. I took their recommendation and here we are 16 years later. The last claim I had was on the water heater which unfortunately waited until Friday for them to go out. 2-10 didn't operate on Saturdays and Sundays so I had to wait until Monday to get a referral. That was my only drawback because once I got a hold of them, the people I talked to were very helpful. They asked information for the parent company and acted on it on Monday. So I was happy with them.

However, I couldn't contact the first contractor I got until Monday so I was already two days behind. Then when I got a hold of the contractor, he said it would be 15 days before he could even come out and look at it. That was totally unacceptable so I called back 2-10, told them what he said and they increased it to an emergency and had a different contractor come out the same day. And the people that came out were really nice.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Scott, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experiences. Could you provide for me your property address in a private message? Once we have the address we can bring in our Customer Experience team to help resolve this issue. Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

We purchased a house and 2 weeks later the fridge stopped working. We contacted 2-10 and they initiated the service process. It took the repair person 3 weeks before they finally came to fix. They had to order a part, that part came and was broke, had to wait for another one. I informed 2-10 of the long process and the offered to hire a different person.

I researched that company and their reviews were horrible. It appears only the low bidders and bad companies win the business. The fix happened and it did not work. The company came back and informed 2-10 it could not be fixed. I spoke to a rep who said they were issuing me a check on October 28 2016. I called them today December 5th, 2016 to see where the check was. After being on hold 20 minutes the person said it was sent on October 28th. Then they get back on the phone and said they have no record of a buyout being issued? They cannot do anything they would have to contact the vendor again, the same vendor who had every excuse in the book as to why they could not make it out to look at the fridge. I would never use this service again. I had to buy a new fridge and received nothing from 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Babbie, thank you for your review. We are overjoyed to hear about your experience. We appreciate you being a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I like 2-10's service. I've had their coverage for over a year now. Filing a claim is a very easy process. They take the claim and do what they have to do. They're very fast with their work and their claims reps are very nice and courteous. The contractors that I've had so far have been very nice. They've been able to do part of the job even if someone thought that fixing the kitchen sink wasn't in my plan though it was something minor anyway. Besides that, 2-10 is great and I've had no problems.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there David. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about the issues you have experienced. I would like to transfer this over to a private conversation, to get you some help. Can you email us your property address at servicesupport@2-10.com so that we can do some research and contact you? Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty came with the house. We renewed with them because it's convenient. Submitting a claim was extremely easy. The claims representative understood my problem and set my point. I had an issue that wasn't fixed the first time when they had to come back out. Then I have to pay two service fees but I haven't received the second one back yet even though it was for the same claim that the first one was paid for. I don't agree with it and don't like it too much. Because of that, I don't know if I'll renew again.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Eve, thank you for taking the time to inform us. We are so disappointed that this has been your experience. Would it be possible for us to talk about these events further in a direct message? We would love to work with you to get this issue resolved.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

The process that 2-10 uses when an issue arises ensures that a long wait will occur prior to having an appliance fixed or replaced. The initial call may take up to an hour on hold waiting for a customer service rep. 2-10 assigns a contractor who is required to contact you within 24 hours to set us an appointment. The appointment will be on the assigned contractor's schedule. If they cannot repair initially then a series of visits occurs until 2-10 makes a decision as to how to resolve. I am on week 6 of no refrigeration and several phone calls between the contractor and 2-10. 2-10 has been neither timely nor professional in determining how to manage an appliance that is not working.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Candice. Thank you for taking the time to inform us about the issues you have experienced. I would like to transfer this over to a private conversation, to get you some help. I hope that we can turn this around. Can you email us your property address at servicesupport@2-10.com so that we can do some research and contact you? Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

This warranty has been the worst experience I've ever had and I will never purchase a home warranty again because of the service I received. To start, the customer service is horrible. The contractors act like they have no clue what they are doing. I'm a woman and know more about the repairs than most of the contractors that came out. They want to charge you $75.00 for each time they come out to repair but nothing gets repaired. By the time I pay for all the repairs they claim, I could have replaced it and had a brand new system. I ended up paying out of pocket for someone who was reliable to fix my problem. STAY AWAY from this warranty company!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Christopher, thank you for your review. We are elated to hear that you and your wife have enjoyed your customer experience over the last nine years. We at 2-10 value your recommendation and business and look forward to our ten year anniversary.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

When I first got my retirement home almost 9 years ago I signed up for 2-10 and so far, I'm getting good service every time I need to call. I got credible people. My wife also finds them very helpful. They come through when she needs them. She gives them a call and she gets answered. And she gets a responded back if she don't talk to them directly. I recommend 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Joan, thank you for taking the time to let us know this. We’re so disappointed that this has been your experience. Would it be possible for us to talk about these experiences in a little more detail in a direct message? We would like to learn and have an opportunity to do better.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

We called in an order for a work to be done but the service company didn't get back to us and it caused us inconvenience. My husband had to call 2-10 again and they, in turn, had to get another company who finally reached us. But that's not the first time that has happened. Once they got here, they did the work but it just took them a long time to respond to the request. The people that 2-10 are working with are sometimes not reliable and when you have something go down in the house that you use on a regular basis, it causes an inconvenience. And so we decided to change to another provider due to the fact that we weren't receiving satisfactory service from 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Abdul, we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your customer experience over the last eight months. We at 2-10 value your business and thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I've had 2-10 Warranty for 8 months now and my experience when submitting a claim with them has always been good. They have quick response time. I got a few things serviced and the contractors were pretty good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Eileen, we are thrilled to hear that you feel completely satisfied with your customer experience over the last two years. We at 2-10 value your business and appreciate your review.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was in my contract when I bought this house. I have them for two years now and they are better than my previous home warranty. When I submitted my claims, they did what they said they were going to do and everything went smoothly. Although I had to switch to my payment type a couple of times but it was very easy to do. I just made a phone call and it was done and taken care of. I'm completely satisfied.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Heather! We are delighted to hear that you have had a satisfying customer experience. We hope to keep providing you with fast and easy service. Thank you so much for the review and feedback.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

When we bought our house, 2-10 was the company that provided home warranty and we've had good service from them. They've fixed things that have gone wrong for us. They've been very supportive in rectifying it. Submitting a claim has been really easy. I either do it online or call them and they send somebody out within 24 hours, though I prefer filing through the phone so I can talk through it, get information right away and have some idea of who the service provider would be. The contractors they've sent have been fine as well. 2-10 has provided a fast and easy experience.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2016

Shortly after posting my review and voicing my dissatisfaction with the company, I was contacted by a customer service representative. I was very pleasantly surprised that the company reached out so quickly and sincerely wanted to resolve the issue. I updated the overall rating only to "Satisfied", believing the company still needs to work on the available service contractors as well as the customer service reps you get when calling in. As far as the behind the scenes customer service is concerned, they rate 5 Stars.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

We purchased this home warranty service at closing believing it would provide peace of mind with an unknown set of circumstances in our newly purchased home. Two months after moving in we needed to request service for our heating system. Calling in to request service was easy, or seemed to be. The rep assured us that they would contact someone asap to set up a service call. The first company wouldn't travel that far (30 miles). The second company, when contacted said they didn't service that area either. Now we're thinking it odd that there weren't any service contractors closer. Then we started to worry that area contractors didn't want to be associated with 2-10. We were told we would have to "go out of network" to be serviced.

We followed protocol, had the service tech call in to 2-10 for authorization of repair, etc. We were told it was authorized and to submit our reimbursement claim. We faxed the claim in, waited and waited and... finally after almost a month we called to get a status of the reimbursement. Guess what? They claimed they had a question about the part and that it was never authorized!! If that were the case, why not contact us or the service contractor?? We were told today, after learning this, that they will contact the service tech to find out about the part and then get back to us. On top of all of this, each call in to them has been mostly on hold, each call averaging more than 20 minutes - the last one was more than 40. Totally unacceptable!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When the original warranty of our house was supposed to run out, it came up with information that we can prolong our warranty with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. I've had it for half a year. When submitting a claim, I do everything online. I log into the account, submit a claim, and then I was contacted. However, I had some issue with the technician who was supposed to resolve the problem. After that, somebody called me.

I had some AC issue in the middle of summer in Florida. It was hot and the AC looked like it worked but the temperature didn't come down, so I submitted a claim for a repair. The appointment time was set up and the technician called in advance and came over. I didn't want too much to tell on him, but he doesn't have communication skill completely from my standpoint. He started to find out what was going on. He went outside, checked the inside, and asked a couple of questions. He finally said that everything is old, but didn't do anything to fix it. He was acting very strange. I was supposed to pay my portion for $75 when he was here. But when I started to pay, I just asked him what happened as I have to understand what happened to keep my file history. Then he just said that If I didn't want to pay, he was leaving, and then he left. I wanted to pay the $75 and ran after his truck when he was leaving.

Then I got a call from the insurance that asked me why I didn't pay even though I wanted to. I found out that a pipe where water comes out was clogged and he just cleaned it. He didn't do too much, but it started to work. He also called me and I finally begged him to take my credit card for the payment. It was ridiculous from my standpoint and I feel that it was not professional enough. If something happened again with my AC, I would explicitly tell them not to send me this service guy again. But in general, it worked and everything was resolved.

I understand that 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty tries to work with outsourcing some services to do their work and they're looking for the cheapest one in the market. But based on my experience, that does not always work. It's supposed to be satisfaction for the customer so it will be a repeatable business. Other than that, they're decent, they do their job, and are also reachable. I can call and get somebody on the phone. They also have a decent website where I can do everything online and their service works. The insurance is fine and I'm keeping it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Deborah. We are happy to hear that we were able to resolve your issue with your dishwasher. We at 2-10 value your business and thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

2-10 has been awesome and customer service oriented. We had some issues with one of the people who came to repair and they immediately got somebody else. We had a leakage in the dishwasher that was going to the downstairs unit. The contractor was in a hurry and didn't do the repairs correctly. When we called him back he said, "I don't have any openings until another two weeks. It's probably not something that I can do." He was putting us off and it was a major problem because it was leaking in the downstairs unit. But 2-10 resolved all the problems that we had. I'll recommend them. I have another rental property and I'm considering adding 2-10 as well because they've been so good. We'll stay with them as long as they keep their cost the same next year. If they jack up the rates after one claim, I have to go with another company.

Factual basis uncertain

For the duration of my one-year warranty, 2-10 sent only lazy contractors who were dishonest about diagnosing our HVAC problems. Four different contractors, all who did not perform a leak scan which would have clearly shown that our AC coil was damaged and should have been covered and replaced under warranty. Instead of doing the due diligence to reveal the underlying issue, the contractors would only add freon before getting in their trucks to drive away. This company clearly has no interest in honoring the warranties they sell or sending competent contractors. So not only did we pay the original warranty cost, we paid $400 in service fees all for nothing. Be advised, do not give your business with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Deborah, thank you for your review and being a long-time customer. We will share with our team your feedback.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Submitting a claim is very simple and I always do it by phone. The claim reps were always very pleasant. I've been happy with the service. The only time I ever had a problem was when I had an issue with the washing machine. I was without a washing machine for probably close to six weeks. The people that came were kind of useless. They didn't speak English, and took the washing machine apart. They never put it back together. My laundry room goes to my garage, so I had to go out my front door and that was the worst ever. They couldn't come because it was snowing, but the schools didn't even close. It was just insane. I pay a lot of money for the coverage, but I've been satisfied for all these years.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings David. We are glad to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with quick service. Thank you for the helpful review and continued support.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

2-10 was the company that my home builder had used for their warranty program, so I just continued them. Filing a claim has been pretty good. But it's frustrating that their online claims submission does not allow attachments. So if I wanted to take a picture to go along with the claim to help explain the situation, there was no function or ability to do so. Outside of that, everything else has been fine. When you go out to their main site and you log in, it’s not prominently displayed to file a claim. It’s prominently displayed to renew your coverage, and to submit a claim is not immediately intuitive to find on the website.

I initially file a claim online and then followed it up with a phone call. The reps are very responsive, understanding and took care of the matter. Most of our interaction has been non-verbal emails and/or through the website. The contractors that came out to our home have all been punctual. They’ve normally all kept me up-to-speed or able to fix it at one time. The one time where I had to talk with the claims agent was when the first vendor that came out was unable to fix the problem. The problem perplexed him and he couldn’t figure it out. But 2-10 dispatched a second company. They came out and were able to find it and fix it.

Resolution In Progress

They have done nothing but beat around the bush and call me to tell me one thing isn't covered that is and then once they say it is covered they do not follow through to fix the issue. I finally heard back today after a week of telling me they would come fix my issue after 3 weeks of back and forth for them to make up a different issue that said was already fixed when no one has come to fix the issue I made the claim for. It has now been a MONTH and nothing has been done to fix my issue. This is absolute absurdity and bad business. I hope they can get their act together to complete this soon to rectify this situation.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Brian. We at 2-10 appreciate your feedback and hope we have the pleasure of continuing our relationship for years to come.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

We had wanted to call back the mechanical contractor that put in the new system down the Williamsburg property because there was a difficulty with the system. But apparently, because we’re under the warranty, every time we make a call we have to call 2-10. This made it very cumbersome and difficult to get somebody to come back. Within a couple of months of doing the work, the contractor should be responsible to make sure their system works. But me being part of that warranty, I have to call and pay $75 for somebody to come in and be accountable for their own work. So it’s not a fair system.

Initially, we were getting good responsiveness and the work that they were doing was fine. They operate such a large area that they probably don’t know every contractor. But the contractors they've sent out were cordial, nice, friendly, and professional people. 2-10 provides good service except for that one nuance which is something that they should fix.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Ellis. We are elated to hear that we have had your business for the last twelve years. We at 2-10 value your business and thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

We've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty since we built the house 12 years ago, and we've had one claim so far -- the microwave. The claim was reasonably easy to make, and we did it on the telephone. We realized that we had to pay $75 for the engineer to come out. I was upset that we'd already paid hundreds of dollars, since we've been paying them for the warranty every year for 12 years, and then we still had to pay for the callout.

Nevertheless, we paid for the callout, although I wasn't very happy about that but that was the only way we could do the repair, and that was what we had to do. That was the only problem I had with them. The service contractor that came out to service our appliance were exactly on time. The engineer did the job right for us and it was nice. The work was satisfactory, the timing was good, and the job has been completed.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile