3.53/5
Based on 1,788 ratings submitted in the last year
Call toll free
(800) 743-4210 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

PROS

• Structural warranties for new homes
  • Flexibility in selecting service providers
  • Provides essential coverage
  • Roof leak coverage available

CONS

• Service call fees can be high
  • Some state restrictions

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

03/07/2019

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was also proactive and thought ahead for me. They were gonna be calling me back if I had any other problems.

02/28/2019

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear from the contractor until Monday but we heard from them on a Saturday. They were out within 24 hours.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

• Systems and Appliances: With a Systems and Appliances plan, homeowners get the cost of a repair or replacement covered, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.
  • Structural Warranty: With a Structural Warranty, homeowners can protect their new construction home for up to 10 years from structural damage.

2-10 services plans are not available in Alabama, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Oklahoma or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is $30–$40 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which range from $75–$100. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
  • Built-in microwave
  • Disposal
  • Trash compactor
  • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 home warranty supreme protection: This add-on is available to real estate agents to add-on to a home buyers warranty. It adds protection for 40 additional items including appliances and plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.

3544 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 11, 2019

2-10's customer service is good and I haven’t had any negative experience with their representatives. I’ve been very happy. But I had a couple plumbing issues recently, one about six months ago and one last month, and they don’t have any contractors in my area. But I don’t live out in some place extremely rural, so there are a lot of plumbers at least within a 50 mile radius of my house.

So, I had to hire a plumber on my own, made sure they were licensed and bonded, asked them to do the work, then 2-10 reimbursed me. But the thing is, a lot of plumbers said that part of the claims process involves them sitting on the phone some time for an hour and a half just to get somebody from 2-10 on the line so they can describe the problem. Once they identify it, they have to make sure they diagnose the problem and that it’s covered on the warranty. And a lot of plumbers don’t wanna do that because they have other jobs to do and for them to have one of their guys sitting on the phone for an hour and a half waiting to get somebody on the phone costs them time and money and out of their jobs.

So, it makes it very difficult for me because most of the contractors don’t wanna deal with my problem once they hear home warranty company, or they’ll say they'll do it but I gotta pay them out-of-pocket. I have to do that anyway, but you have to make these phone calls to 2-10 and sometimes they don’t wanna talk to me. They wanna talk to the plumber. So, it’s a lot of running around when they don’t have somebody that is used to their process. But how are you gonna run a business if you have a business call from this warranty company when you could probably have an entire job done some place else? Or instead of your travel time to some place else, you’re on the phone just sitting there waiting to get somebody on the line.

I’ve experienced this myself because I had to call 2-10 the last two times that I had the plumber come over the house. 2-10's reps gave me a number and told me that it was a direct line to their claims service rep. But it was not and there was no such thing as a direct line to that department. Then, no matter what number they gave me, it always put me into a queue and that queue went to the same process. And I was in a queue for 35 minutes before I got somebody on the line. After I explained to them the matter, they were saying that they wanted to talk with the person who did the repair, but that person was gone. Then I had to ask them if I could ask the plumber to submit an invoice and I'd just send it to 2-10.

So, it’s very frustrating for me when 2-10 doesn’t have a contractor for whatever service that needs to be provided in the area. I don’t mind waiting on the phone and it’s much easier than the contractor charging their hourly fee just to sit there and wait on the phone. Also, I’m not even sure if 2-10 would cover the repair. They should have much quicker response times for those people who approve authorization of work that’s needed. Conversely to that, when I explained my issue to 2-10's customer service reps, they’ve been very apologetic and worked very hard to make sure the process was expedited. It seems that the people that are working for the company are aware of the problem but management hasn’t allocated the headcount for the people of that department. So, they’re constantly swamped.

I’ve dealt with 2-10 enough times over the years to realize that every time I call, there’s always that message saying they are having unexpected call volume. And sometimes, when their contractors fix a job in my house and they’re there for a very long time. Then, if I have to do all the legwork myself and I don't understand why it takes so long to get the approval for a repair. It’s not even that they need time to review the matter, it’s just waiting to get somebody on the phone. But in terms of the attitude of 2-10's reps and what they do for the customer, I’m very pleased with that. It's also great once a claim is put in the system. And if there’s a contractor in my area, they come out and fix the problem.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We bought the house and it came with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. When we bought the house, the person who did the home inspection said that the garbage disposal had a crack in it and that it would probably leak if it was full. I submitted a claim for the garbage disposal and it went fine. I called up and talked to a guy. He said it sounded like it was not working right. I was as certain as one can be without going in there and taking it out that it wasn’t working right. He said they would make an appointment and would get the person to contact me. The company called me very promptly the next day and said they will be out the next day. Everything was fine. The guy showed up and looked at the thing. He said there was no crack in it and it was not gonna leak and that home inspectors sometimes try to find every possible flaw.

Then, he said the garbage disposal was fine and that the problem was the drain pipe, which didn’t have enough pitch to it so that everything didn’t go the way it was supposed to go, and it could clog up. He also said there was nothing he could do about that since that was the way they were all built in this community. He even went out to the truck and brought a piece of plastic pipe and showed us what it looked like. Fundamentally, the only problem I had with the whole affair was that we paid 70 bucks for the guy to tell us that and do nothing. It was not a good experience.

He said maybe if he would call 2-10 up and tell them he didn’t do any work, he could maybe get me not to pay the thing. Then, I never heard from him again. I know that didn’t happen and I'm sure if he charged 2-10 something, then we are gonna have to pay that. On the whole, everything from 2-10's end was fine, but from the plumber’s end, it wasn’t. The thing turns on and we hear a sound, but when we tried it out and put some stuff in there, it backed up and it didn't seem like it wanted to go down the drain easily. We were afraid to use it. If it was potentially cracked and could leak, we wondered why not get somebody out here to do something about it. We figured he was gonna replace it, but he said it was a really nice unit and there was nothing he could do about the pipe.

There are two sinks. The garbage disposal is on one side and the other side is the plain drain, but the two things are straight across. When you use the garbage disposal, whatever you're disposing of has to go across the other drain, but it doesn’t go down. It goes up to get out of there, so I don’t see how anything could ever get out of there unless you were running a fire hose to it. He didn’t wanna try to change the drain when he found that the garbage disposal was okay, so his final statement was there was no solution to the problem.

At that point, my wife said what was the point of even having garbage disposal if I could not use it. We are very gingerly putting tiny things because the guy said we can put this and that. We got the list that is so long. He said no eggshells, no onions. What was the purpose of the advice if you couldn't do anything? I don’t know how much of that is true or not because I don’t know how every other home in this place is. The people who owned the house before have somehow lost or misplaced or didn’t have the black rubber, circular plunge that you use. The plumber brought one of those from the truck, so we could plunge the thing. Otherwise, if you plunge it, it is just gonna go back and forth between the two sinks. You have to close the other sink. He got that for us and we paid $70 for a stopper. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with the 2-10 part. The guy was very prompt.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ted, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

About two weeks ago, an issue when my garbage disposal came up. When I got the call to make an appointment, I asked the lady at the plumbing company to call me 30 minutes prior to coming over. But I got sick and she actually sent her plumber to my home when I was sick. They were literally in my driveway and I was at the doctor’s office getting something. But it was fine. The lady was apologetic and when I asked if they could come out the next week, she said, “Of course.” But then I got called out of town on business and they showed up at the house again without calling.

The lady called me a couple of days later and let me have it. She told me that she had saved my voicemail where I switched the point of time. I told her that yes, that was when I told them I was gonna be out of town and to call my roommate. My roommate was supposed to show up but he was like, “I'm not gonna sit around the house if a company is not gonna call me and tell me when they're gonna be on their way.” And no one called him. But the lady had the audacity to call me and tell me that if they came back to my house, I would have to pay the other fee. She made it sound like we deliberately stood them up and she was quick to point out that I wasn’t there and that I owed her a $75 extra fee. I told her that I didn’t mind paying one fee. It was my kind of fault that my roommate wasn’t there. But I told her that the first time was their fault and I was not paying them two fees.

I even had to relate with her. I told her that my dad is a contractor and she said, “Well, with your dad being a contractor, you should know to be in the house if someone comes.” But I told her that my dad always calls his client before coming over. Besides, I specifically asked them to call me. I told her I had no control with me getting sick then she said, “Well, when you're feeling better and your roommate or whoever is there, then you can call us back.” But I thought I didn’t have to deal with her to begin with. I’m not that stupid. I’ve always had a warranty on my house and I was dealing with the warranty company. I called 2-10 and the representative said that the contractor was not gonna charge them and to let them know if the contractor overcharged us. I told the rep that I almost didn’t wanna deal with the contractor but I would call and reschedule. I did call but the contractor never called me back.

Gwendolyn from 2-10 called me a week ago and asked if the garbage disposal had gotten fixed. I said that it was still broken. She told me that the lady from the plumbing company had called and complained that I stood them up twice. I guess the lady didn’t know that I had called 2-10 in the interim. I told Gwendolyn it was an absolute lie but that I would use the contractor again because the garbage disposal needed to be fixed. She was a kind young lady and she told me to call them back if I would need another plumber.

But a couple of days later, my dad came by and he reached down in the garbage disposal. I didn’t think he was supposed to do that but he did it. He said that someone had dropped some bolts from the countertop. It fell in the garbage disposal and that was what the grinding noise was. I thought the garbage disposal was bad. But the garbage disposal has been fixed and I never re-called the lady from the plumbing company to reschedule. Based on her attitude, I wouldn’t have used her anyway. But that’s literally the only thing that has happened. Otherwise, I’ve had a good experience with 2-10 and I have been very happy with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you so much for your review, Arthur. We are disheartened to read about the way this service provider handled your claim. We apologize for any stress they may have caused you, and we appreciate your communication with our staff throughout this process. Our escalations team has received your feedback and will investigate this contractor further. If you need any additional support, please send us a direct message on either our Facebook or Yelp pages, and we will be happy to assist.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

When I was buying my house, 2-10 was referred to me. I researched a little bit, compared them to a couple of others, and decided to go with them instead of anybody else. We renewed it for our second term four months ago. The claim process was very well and the website was simple which should be because you don’t need a lot of stuff to do. You sign on and it tells to file a claim and what you wanna claim. If you get to the very end of the list and what you click is wrong, you might have to type a couple of sentences in. Then, you’re done and you submit a claim.

I was pleasantly surprised because I submitted four claims, and in the first year, we bought a new house and there were features that we wanted. It had expensive kitchen appliances but they were six years old. It had a 13-year old heating unit and aluminum wiring electric. It had things that I needed to watch that were all in good shape. So, when I needed to do something, I went in and hoped that it works good on our first one. Lo and behold, it didn’t work. They were responsive when you put it online and you get a phone call or an email right back which says the person has been notified and that the company was on the way and gonna call. It’s an interactive website that works both ways.

If I file a claim and it's picked up on their end, they send out to their vendor to come to my house and service it. They always tell me who my vendor is, their phone number and when they're gonna be there. They send that email and then the vendor makes the contact, so it's monitored well on the backside. It does no good if I file a claim and nobody's monitoring it. The customer service was okay and took care of us with what we needed to do. It's 100 bucks for someone to come out to my place. They came out and looked at the electric once and my air conditioner once. Fixed it both times for 100 bucks. My refrigerator was acting up, they came out three times and didn't charge me for the second two times because the people couldn't fix it. They decided that the fridge can't be fixed and they bought it out. They didn’t like it because it was an expensive fridge, so they paid a good bit of money for it. That worked really well.

I had a plumbing issue and I called 2-10. They called a plumbing company, who I never heard of before. Usually, I would google that company to make sure that it's a real company. I ended up talking to a supervisor for operations or customer service, but they took note of it. The guy came out, tried to fix my plumbing, and he couldn't fix it. He left and he said he would be back but he never comes back. I called the plumbing company and they said they were kinda busy and would get back to me and be out here the next day. The same guy came back with a new snake and he ran it through the drain. He couldn't fix it, and I asked where he wanted to go. He said he gotta go up on the roof and go through the thing, and they were not allowed to do that. The guy was nice but on the way out the door, he said he was not even really a plumber but a helper they sent out to fill the order.

I called 2-10, and they were very reactive to it. I gave them a brief story and a supervisor called me back and asked if I was serious. He told me to tell him what happened and I told him. I have a warranty, so we don't just call people helter skelter and somebody just comes out, and we don't know who we're talking to or who's coming into my house. One of the reasons we have a warranty is because they hire vendors that are under a contract. They have to provide certain things and they’re vetted in a certain way. 2-10 called me and then I asked them how they were gonna fix it if the guy, who was not a plumber, came here to fix that clogged drain, and did $10,000 worth of damage to my house. 2-10 was very cool and said that they would stand by that.

We talked a little bit about vetting people and whoever I talked to must have been high up because he knew about running a business. They used some of the same things I used to vet people, and I do a lot of stuff for military bases, and a lot of stuff in high-security areas, so they even use some of the tools I use. We had a long conversation, and they were very receptive to it. So, all in all, I was disappointed that that one slipped through the cracks.

They had six or seven service calls at my house in one year. One time it was right after a storm, literally after a hurricane in Jacksonville, Florida here. They sent an electrical company and the guy came out, gave us good advice, did good work and was very professional. It was the same with the air conditioning guy. I knew that company that the plumbing company slipped through, and it got me kinda upset but I ended up renewing with 2-10 because the price was right. I didn't mind it at all.

I was talking with my wife and I told her that we could put the average cost of something, work that formula, put $6,000 or $7,000 in a bank or in the IRA, then if something happens, that's enough for a down payment to fix the most expensive thing in our house such as the roof, an air conditioner or a swimming pool pump. I can get the roof’s down payment to get it started for six grand and then pay it off the next week, and that was our plan. We didn’t need to pay a warranty plan. However, on the first year, we wanted it to make sure there were no bugs in the house. We paid our own home inspector, and we did all of that before we bought it, but we still felt comfortable having that.

When it got around to renewal time, we said that they did a good enough job that they’ve earned our business. They shouldn’t take it lightly when somebody says that and they gotta fix that issue. That was very upsetting to my wife when she found out that guy was in our house twice, and he wasn't even a plumber and he had no paperwork to show he was a plumber. You gotta take that away from them, it was not their fault, but that was their vendor issue which was a major responsibility. When you send a technician to a house, he has to be a technician. Not the shop guy working out at the halfway house for $10 an hour. Whoever goes out to a house, there's gotta be a background check. Nevertheless, they've done very well and I would recommend them to somebody.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for thorough and well-written review, Scott. We are honored to have received another chance at your business after the mistake we made with your contractor. We are very sorry for your experience and we appreciate you sticking with us to see us do better next time.

Original review: July 31, 2018

When we bought the house, the realtor told us about 2-10 and the home warranty was added on extra with the purchase. We've been covered since 2012 and we really like them. We haven’t had any problems whatsoever. That’s why we renew every year. The experience in submitting claims has been very good. Everyone’s always been very nice and helpful, and even if I have an emergency or after-hour situation, I always get through. My husband said that especially even if it’s on a Saturday, they’re always nice.

We have had some nightmares with technicians though. We have had multiple air conditioner problems and the technicians were as far away as Denver even though we live in Jacksonville, which is a city of over a million people. At least on two separate occasions, they dispatched an air conditioning company in Orlando, which is a four-hour drive from us. That was unbelievable to me.

This company didn't come out the same day and when they came up from Orlando, they looked at our air conditioner and needed to order a part so they had to get 2-10’s approval to do that. So they went back down there. Then the part took three weeks to get in and we were dying. It just so happened that it was in the spring. The temperature was not over 90 degrees, but it was in the 80s. It was really hot and uncomfortable. I kept calling to find out the status of things and that was when I found out that this company was in Orlando. The 2-10 rep said they had no idea and that the company had said that they take calls from Jacksonville. I was like, "Oh my God. Are you kidding me? We’re dying here.”

And the contractor was horrible. They were rude to us. Every time I would call and complain, we kept getting farther down on the list for getting serviced. I told 2-10 to never use that company again. They were the worst in the world. 2-10 told me that I could go on the website and make notes about the vendors. But I was so frustrated. I didn't wanna do that. At that time, I just wanted our air conditioner fixed. A year later, we had a different problem with our air conditioner and I called 2-10. They put out the call to somebody else in another city. There were air conditioning companies 10 minutes from our house. They didn't need to send somebody from another town to us.

There was another situation. It was a deal with Metro-Rooter. Our hot water heater wasn't working and the water went everywhere in our garage. So I called 2-10 and they did the same thing again. They got a hold of somebody that lives in the next town over. Why would they dispatch somebody that’s in a different town? It made no sense and they didn't get that. I told them that was not gonna work and that we had used another plumbing company in the past. Since it was on a weekday, I told the rep I would put the call on hold and called the company from my husband's phone to find out if they would accept 2-10 Home Warranty. The company's rep said they do so I went back on the other phone and told this lady that we wanna use Metro-Rooter. But she said that Metro-Rooter was not one of their approved vendors.

I told her that I have the Metro-Rooter rep on the other phone and she said that they had done visits with 2-10 Home Warranty many times. So we went back and forth and Metro-Rooter's rep said that they were doing business under some other name, Mr. Rooter. I was in the middle of two phones on either ear and I finally told this woman at 2-10 how to find Metro-Rooter in their database. Then she got everything approved and changed the vendor from the one that was out of town to Metro-Rooter. Metro-Rooter came out and replaced our hot water heater for $500. But everything else has been great. There is a slight room for improvement. But overall, we’re very satisfied.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Debbie. Thank you for the thorough review and 4 star rating. We appreciate your extensive feedback on our service contractors. It sounds like there are a lot of ways we can improve recruitment in your region. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience so that we can make the appropriate adjustments moving forward. Thank you for still seeing the value in our services despite some of these issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 18, 2019

I called 2-10 to file a claim and their contractor came out two days later. They were really friendly and did their job quickly and efficiently.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with your contractor. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 17, 2019

This company is the worst compared to others I previously used. In the Savannah, GA area 2-10 Warranty have the most incompetent contractors under their service contract (NuAir, Total Air Care). It took four visits for one company to complete the work. This includes assessment, soldering part which leaked Freon on the whole house vents, re-solder and damaging valve, and finally repair. Then on second service order within 9 months, the A/C tech disconnected a dampener, left all wires exposed and then let me know that defective part was not covered. Their customer service and website is substandard. Even their policy cancellation process is inconvenient to customers; long phone waits and expect no calls back. To my Military Community: We deserve better for peace of mind particularly if deployed. Get something else and DO NOT select 2-10 Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Jose, we are disappointed to learn about your claim experience. We do, however, appreciate your feedback and we hope to use your comments to help us improve our services. Please send us a message if you require additional support.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

When I got this house, I became a member of 2-10 -- I've been with them for 23 years. At the time, everybody told me it was the best one in the business. Submitting a claim is interesting. They don’t let you talk to a person, the computer does it. And sometimes, you can do better with a person. But other than that, submitting the claim is not bad. The last time, I was peed off because what happened was I had a hot water heater, and the igniter valve went out. So, I called 2-10 thinking I have to get some service quick. They sent somebody out and the person came up. And they said, “Oh, no. It’s the igniter thing. We’ll go ahead and we’ll fix it. We’ll order the part through 2-10.” I said, “Okay, fine. Order a part through 2-10.”

The guy called back later. He said that they were denying the claim. I asked why they were denying the claim. They were like, “He said you had a box next to it and that might be causing it.” But how was that causing it? So, I had to go through getting a supervisor. They didn’t wanna let me talk to a supervisor. They didn’t wanna let me get to anybody to talk. But I pressed them, and I got somebody in authority. They then set up a new claim and got another person out there. The person out there said it wouldn’t be a problem, because I said the previous person said I called him a liar. Even the representative said that I was calling his person a liar. I’m like, “Wait a minute. I ain’t gonna get down like that.” That’s what really peed me off. I said I was not calling anybody a liar. I said, “But that’s not what he said. I’m just reporting, as your customer, what he said.” “Well, you must be the liar,” and I’m like, "wait a minute." That was too much for me.

So, I got up. I got the next supervisor. She got on to it, and they sent another person out. And they said it was the igniter switch. I didn’t say anything. I moved whatever box or whatever was next to it, now knowing that the box wasn’t causing that mess. He said, “It’s just sometimes, these things go out.” I’m like, "okay." It took a couple of days to get the part. They then came, fixed it, lit it, and that was it. But just the experience of going through that was hell. I got a leaky faucet now, but I don’t think I’m gonna call them. I’m gonna call a plumber directly instead.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Derek, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your suggestions on ways that we can improve our services. If you ever have an issue again with a claim, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 16, 2019

When I bought my townhouse two years ago, I told my agent that it was a for sale by owner. And I knew that with the age of it, appliances and stuff could be going south. So I asked her to include that in the 2-10 contract. And then, my husband and I split up and I took over and refinanced the townhouse last year and renewed the contract. And this year, with that, I added the maintenance for heating and air conditioning. So, I scheduled the maintenance, and they came out in February. The technician said that it looked like the coil was leaking Freon and needed to be replaced. I've had other warranties with other homes, so I know how it works. It's not an immediate fix.

2-10 agreed to replace the coil. And it was ordered, but their purchasing department called me and let me know that the manufacturer had it backordered, which I understood. Unfortunately, I had to keep checking to find out when it came in and when it was gonna get installed. I spent 25 years in customer service, so I'm all about communication. But anyway, they finally got it scheduled, and the service person came out in May and replaced the coil. I was flying out to go on a little vacation that Memorial Day weekend. So they came out in May to replace it. And my roommate and my son were there, and within three hours after the service person left, it was back to 85 degrees. So, I had to get on the phone and tell them something was still not right, and they said it was a holiday weekend and they won't be able to get anybody out here till that Tuesday.

I told them I understood but they needed to go ahead and open the work order. They agreed to do that. On that Saturday, I got a phone call from the warranty department saying that, "Well, you have a zone system, and that's not covered under your warranty, so we're cancelling the work order." I do have a zoning system. I had two people that I know that work for different air conditioning companies. By the time I got back into town, which was Monday, I called the first one and they were able to get out here right away, and there was water in the pan. They tried to flush the line and could not figure out why it wasn't working, but they gave me a quote that if they could find the leak, if they could repair it, and if they could replace the Freon, it was gonna be like $1,400. And the air conditioning unit is 14 years old to begin with. So, I was not gonna take that chance.

So I told that guy that I was gonna get another opinion. My brother worked for an air conditioning company before he retired, so I called that company. So they came out and they said, "Well, yeah, I can see where the leak is. The leak is at the coil where he installed it." And he even took a video to show me. When I asked what he would suggest, he said I do not have any problem with the furnace, but I needed to replace the HVAC. I said, "Well, the zone system isn't covered by that, so if I'm gonna end up replacing it, whether they do it or I do it, I need to replace that as well."

So, I went ahead and contacted him, and they replaced the zone system with all duct work and new circuit board. He needed $1,500. So, I did that out-of-pocket, and still it didn't work. Then I reached back out to 2-10 and by then, I had to stay in a hotel. It was so hot. I didn't even bring up in all the conversation I've had that it was so hot in my house that my TV got fried. It was under a warranty, so they took care of that, but that was how bad it was. I stayed in a hotel for about four days, and then I'm like, "Well, I've done my part, it's still not working. I need this to be done." And I got them to give me a quote on what it would be to replace the system. Meanwhile, they were kind enough to let me have three air conditioning window units for me to try to wait out what was gonna happen.

I talked to 2-10 and they said they wanna send the ones that did the work with it back out. I told them I didn't want them back out here. The service person already cost me a month of heartache because he didn't fix it to begin with. I wanted somebody I know who's gonna do reputable work. This has already dragged out from February to June. I wasn't gonna take it if it was gonna take another six months to get it finalized.

I've been having a phone conversation with 2-10 every other day when I have time to sit on the phone for an hour and a half to have a conversation. I have sent paperwork to somebody in warranty, paperwork to two people in purchasing with attachments of everything that I've spent, and I've always had to call back and try to get an answer. One of them was even the supervisor. He was very nice, but I wasn't getting anywhere. I've been patient, and I've paid out of pocket for what I feel was right for me to do. But I had to spend $5,500 to get that unit fixed. The service person just did it yesterday. But the purchasing department only approved 2,200 of it. What about the fees that I had to pay for other companies to come out here and possibly try to fix what the guy they sent out here to do. I was just trying to get some kind of recoup of some of the money and the pain and suffering I've had to go through.

So as of yesterday, I sent the paid invoice where I had this unit installed yesterday because they said they couldn't give me anything until it's done. Soon as they said they were gonna get the work done, I called them. So they came yesterday, I paid yesterday, and I sent the invoice yesterday. But nobody else bothered to clarify and send an email saying they got the invoice. It's been a bad experience. At this point, I would not recommend them. The length of time it's taken was ridiculous.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Therese, thank you for your rating. We will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I’ve been with 2-10 for a couple of months and I have only had to submit a claim one time. I did it over the phone and the interaction with the claims rep was good. However, there wasn’t any of their contractors in my area.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Kayla, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our staff. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 16, 2019

2-10 was recommended to me when I had the house built. I was advised that purchasing their warranty was a good way to go, so I went with them. On the first year, everything was covered. But sometimes it gets to the point where there’s a little confusion. There are some things that they do right away and I had no problem. But there are some things that I have to keep calling back for and ask them for an update. So the experience depends on what my claim is about and who I'm dealing with. Usually I call them when I need a service and I tell them what the problem is. Then they call somebody, make the appointment, and the techs come and do the job. Sometimes I get the email with the contractor’s name and phone number, then I call them to set up an appointment and we handle it from there.

Overall, my experience with 2-10 has been good and there were only a few times I had problems. And a lot of times, it was with the contractor. One time, I had a plumbing issue where the tech who came out said that he needed a part and that it would come in two days. But when I called back after a week, he said he didn't order the part in time. I told him that I needed the repair done because I had a wedding coming up and in the end, it all worked out. Still, he cancelled the appointment three times and it was only a running toilet problem which was something simple. I also couldn’t use the bathroom for over a month because of what he did. Luckily, I had two bathrooms. But I didn’t use him anymore after that.

I also had one contractor who came and did everything the same day. I was shocked. At another time, I had one tech who came out but didn’t follow up. I emailed that I hadn't heard anything and it had been three days. 2-10 said that they didn't have a diagnosis from him and told me to call him. So, I did and he came back five days later. In the end, 2-10 sent somebody else because we kept waiting. On the whole, I’ve been with 2-10 for 15 years now and I don't have many complaints. And after comparing the pros and the cons, I would recommend them. I also tell others that I'm pretty satisfied with them. In fact, I recommended them to my sister and she joined them two years ago.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Marion, thank you for the excellent rating. We appreciate your suggestions on ways we can improve our services. If you ever have an issue, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I have two properties and I've had coverage with 2-10 for a couple of years now. I had an issue with the water heater once and they ended up replacing it. So I’m very happy with 2-10. I would recommend them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Natalie, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: July 15, 2019

The electrician was sent for a Jacuzzi tub issue - it is an electrical switch - since there are jets involved it is now being denied. The jets are NOT the problem, I am out $100.00 for NOTHING and funny how the claim cost have turned into a denial.... worthless warranty!!!! Any way to save their $$$.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello, we can understand your disappointment with this denial. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. We have sent your recent claim to our escalations team, and they will do their best to expedite a solution for you. Please feel free to send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I inherited the policy with 2-10 when I bought the house in Arizona and I have renewed it a number of times. It has been, by and large, a good decision. I've used it a few times for things that needed to be fixed in the house and it has been a good experience so far. My most recent claim was for the garbage disposal which I filed online. The contractor that came out was very good and they replaced it on the spot. Everything has been working so far.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Edward, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: July 15, 2019

2-10 was included with our home when we bought it. It was the previous owners who put the policy on the house. Submitting a claim over the internet sounded easier and quicker to do. You didn’t have to try to get a hold of anybody and talk to them. The contractor called me and told me when they would be out. Both the interaction with them and the service they provided were very good. They were friendly and very knowledgeable. Some kind of panel switches had to be switched out which controls the water and the ice. Since the repair, the refrigerator has been a lot better than it was. I liked 2-10 and the experience was excellent. The packages they gave me cover well. It’s better than most insurance companies and the deductible is not that much.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ron, thank you for rating your experience with our services. We cherish your support and continued business!

Original review: July 15, 2019

The refrigerator wouldn’t make ice, and I called it in with 2-10. The contractor came and fixed it. He was great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Our landlord set up 2-10 for us. When we told her the stove was leaking, she told me to call a number and I did. The claims reps were helpful and the interaction was great. They said the contractor would contact me within 24 hours but at first, the technician was out of town. Then, on the day he was supposed to come, I got a call that morning saying that there was a family emergency. It took three weeks and he didn’t come prepared. We told him what the problem was, and he came, looked at it and said that I was right. Then, he said he had to order a part. So, it added another week so it could be fixed. That wasn’t an ideal situation but since then, the stove has been good and fully functional. The experience with 2-10 was satisfactory and they got the job done although not the most promptly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Kyle, we are excited to learn that you had a great experience with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our services. If you ever have an issue, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 15, 2019

We recently filed a claim with 2-10 for our sump pump that quit. Initially, I submitted the claim online but then I also called to make sure that it was gonna go through in time ‘cause I was afraid my basement was gonna flood. However, 2-10 did not find anyone to help me and instead, told me that if I could find someone, they would pay for it. So, I called and found a tech. Reimbursement from 2-10 went fine thereafter.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Lea, we apologize for some of the issues you faced. If you ever need any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 15, 2019

We wanted a home warranty. When we bought our house, 2-10 Home Warranty was the home warranty provided and we stayed with them. Most of the time our experience submitting a claim is good. But this last time was really bad. Our hot water heater stopped working and we called and had a service provider come out. And he proceeded to bypass an extra fuse box and fixed the water heater, but in the process, I lost electricity in over half of my house. And I went without electricity for a week because 2-10 could not find a network provider. And then, they finally told me that I would have to find a provider and that they would eventually reimburse me.

For the most part, most people 2-10 sends out here are very competent people. They know what they're doing. But now that the guy came out here and fixed my water heater, retrips my main breaker quite constantly because whatever he bypassed was keeping my house from tripping on a regular basis. So now, my electricity goes off in my house, at least, two or three times a week and I have to reset it. I live in an older house, so it was just frustrating. But for the most part, 2-10 tends to be pretty quick on getting somebody out here to fix the problem. And they work really well with my schedule, making sure that somebody is gonna be here when I'm here, so I won't be waiting forever.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Heather, we apologize for some of the issues you faced. If you ever need any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Our experience with 2-10 has been pretty good. Everything that we've submitted a claim for has gotten fixed. Well, except the dishwasher. It's not completely fixed. It's plugged in with an extension cord right now because they need to send out electrical people. But at least it's working and that's all I care about. It's not all 2-10's fault but it's annoying that I went without a dishwasher for several weeks. As of this time, I'm pregnant so it's one of those things that you don't wanna be out. I'm doing dishes all the time. On the first dishwasher call, the contractor came out just to get the model number. They were literally here for five seconds, even though we already gave 2-10 that number. So the rep never relayed it to the dishwasher person. Then we waited a week to get the parts in. But when the contractor came out, they said they still couldn't fix it. We had to wait another week for them to come back out with new parts.

When my husband submits the claims, he needs to have the model number and all that kind of stuff then 2-10 sends out whoever they send. The contractor comes out and I tell them what the issue is then they do the work. The quality of work is not bad. But sometimes they need to come a couple of times to put new parts and that is kind of annoying. But 2-10 is not bad. I think all home insurance companies are the same. They're a little difficult. They obviously don't wanna pay out too much money to fix the appliances. But 2-10 always seems to get a good person, generally, to come fix the stuff.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, thank you for your review. We can understand some of the issues you have experienced dealing with waiting for this claim to come to a close. If you ever need expedited assistance, please feel free to send us a private message to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Our agents are always standing by ready to help.

Original review: July 15, 2019

The pipe broke in the wall and it leaked. I called 2-10 and it was no problem with the rep. They said they couldn't cover the drywall and I had to pay somebody to come and cover the wall when the pipe leaked. But they took care of the plumber and the guy who took care of the plumbing was very good and he was a nice fellow. I don't know why 2-10 wouldn't cover the drywall but it was a good experience overall. I'm satisfied and in case anything went wrong in the house, I have some coverage.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Paul, it is exciting to read that you have had an overall positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I submitted a claim to 2-10 because the garbage disposal was not working. The first claim I put in, I let it sit for about three or four days, and my sink was not going down. So, nobody responded to me. Every time I would refresh it, it said it was dispatched. I tried to call the company it was dispatched to, but they didn't pick up to me. I thought maybe if I close that out and re-open another one that it'll be expedited again. So, I re-opened it. I didn't get another call for 24 hours, so then I called, and then whomever I spoke to did something on their end to expedite it. They called the company on three-way, then the lady called me back and said, "Oh, your name got put to the bottom of the pile. I'll have somebody call you in four more days." I'm like, "It's been like three weeks." So then, the representative assigned a ticket to another company.

There were a lot of things that went at once, and it kinda all ran into each other. So, my air conditioner went as well. And the first company created a ticket at the same time with the garbage disposal, and the first company came out and the just filled it with Freon. So I paid 189 for it to be filled with Freon when I knew that wasn't the issue because I got it serviced from another company at the beginning of the summer, 'cause I always get my machine serviced, and they filled it with Freon.

So when he came out, he filled it with more Freon and then told me, "Your compressor's about to go, so you need to make another claim." I was like, "that's the reason why you're out, is because it's not the Freon. If there's a leak, that means that there's something wrong with the machine, nothing to do with putting more Freon in. So, you're not fixing the issue, you're just telling me to create another claim, so that way pretty much, you're doing fraud because you're gonna keep continuously getting paid out by the insurance company, and I'm gonna have to keep paying you for the service fee."

So, I called back Lori, that's who I've been dealing with in 2-10, and she has been taking care of me this whole time. So, she sent out a company called Long Lane, and they're the ones who also fixed the garbage disposal after three weeks. And then, they also came out to help with the air conditioner. They changed the air conditioner but I've still been having issues. I paid almost $700 to get it replaced, and my upstairs is almost 85 degrees and the downstairs only goes down to about 75.

So when I spoke to him yesterday, he was like, "that's normal." And then my Realtor has been involved because she knows what a nightmare it's been. 'Cause I have two little ones, I've been staying with my in-laws during this process 'cause it took them about two weeks to change the air conditioner when it broke. Long story short, they didn't pull permits to change the air conditioner, so we don't even know if it's the proper air conditioner that's installed. So now, they're upset because they have to pull permits. He didn't leave any books about the machine. He was saying that he left them with us. And then he finally realized that he didn't give us any manuals or he took them himself. So, it's been a nightmare. It's been a lot.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Evis, we are disappointed to read the many difficult claim experiences you have had with our company. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. We have sent your recent claim to our escalations team, and they will do their best to expedite a solution for you. Please feel free to send us a message if you need any additional support.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 14, 2019

Dealing with 2-10's representative when submitting a claim for my AC unit was a huge pain. They sent out the AC person, but then it was an electrical issue. Getting the electrician out was really difficult because they assigned the issue to someone who couldn't be out for days. When it's 95 degrees, you want your AC fixed. I couldn’t get 2-10 to call around to see if someone could be here sooner, so I asked them to give me a list of people to be here sooner. They said they didn't have a list but it turned out that they did. So, called and went up to the management and finally got the list. Then, I went through the trouble of calling all the places and when I called 2-10 back and told them that this person can be out tomorrow, they said, "Well, we don't have a list. We don't know if they actually work with us or not, and we can't do anything." I had to call five times to get it taken care of. It was completely ridiculous.

I ended up not getting the person that I called. But once I finally talked to the people at 2-10, they said they did find the list and the person I called was on the list. And that they would send out the person I talked to. But it ended up being another person instead of the one I called, so it was completely screwed up. Nevertheless, the people that came out and fixed the issue were great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ryan, we appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our services. If you ever have a claim that you would like assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your review and your continued support.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Most of the time, submitting a claim with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has been good. But they gave us a big hassle on our refrigerator for a while. The refrigerator had so many problems. We kept submitting claims and then finally, the person they sent over said he didn't wanna work on it anymore. It's been worked on so many times. And he said that our warranty should just replace it. I told him if he can't fix it, he gotta tell them. So then, he told them that, and then his reasons for saying that he wasn't gonna fix it was it was a bad design. And 2-10 said they don't cover bad designs, so that makes my warranty for that refrigerator void. I had to fight through that, but we ultimately pushed through and they replaced it. We didn't renew this year because that left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, my mother-in-law was home when they replaced my kitchen faucet and then the knob in the shower. We have a brushed nickel handle to turn the shower on and off and measure the hot or cold, and they put this old school, plastic like the little teardrop thing. I remember having that when I was a kid. I was a little bummed. Usually, when you get something replaced, they do something comparable. I wasn't there to manage that. I'm not saying you gotta put Lamborghini type equipment on there, but it should be close to what I had, not something that like reminds me of the '80s. But ultimately, they fixed it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Jason, thank you for your rating. We are disappointed to learn that we lost your business but we appreciate your review. We will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services.

Original review: July 14, 2019

When I first purchased my house, I asked the sellers to get me a warranty and 2-10 was the one that they used. I first had it five years ago and then, I didn't have it for a while. I just recently got it again and recently, I had a water leak. I called 2-10, and they sent somebody out right away and that got taken care of. The other claim that I had was with my washing machine. It started making a crazy noise and I called 2-10 with regards to it. The contractor came out and looked at it but the claim got denied because the person that I spoke to said it wasn't possible that something just happened to my washing machine in such a short period of time that I reinstated the insurance. She thought this was a preexisting thing because it clearly wasn't possible for something to break that quickly.

2-10 is a good warranty company and I would recommend it but it left a bitter taste in my mouth from the one time that I called them and this person gave me crap on the phone with regards to my claim. The way she handled it, I was very close to canceling my policy with them. I was unhappy. If it wasn't the weekend and I wasn't able to get in contact with somebody at that particular time, I would have canceled it. But I decided to go ahead and keep it because it was already there.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Judy, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We appreciate you being so understanding of this denial. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: July 14, 2019

The experience with 2-10 on my recent claim was great. The water heater basically blew the bottom out of it and they put a brand-new heater in. It was basically done the next day after I made the claim too. We were camping when it happened and it was a weekend. I called 2-10 and then on Monday morning, the guys came to replace it. Everything is working beautifully now. The contractors were extremely good. They were in and out in about two hours.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings, we are thrilled to learn that your HVAC claim went smoothly. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Everything is self-explanatory on the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty website. When our garbage disposal was leaking at the bottom right where the reset button was, we just filed the claim online with 2-10 and they sent somebody out. And he said it has to be replaced. He then put the new one in and he was right out. It didn't take him too long. Everything is working fine. I'd recommend 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Paul, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Submitting a claim was easy and nice except I can never, ever find their phone number. Sometimes, I like talking to somebody and I don’t like doing it online. Still, the representatives I've talked to had been great. I had a 2-10 home warranty for almost 10 years and in those years, I’ve only had an issue with one contractor. The gentleman came, diagnosed the problem, and put in what parts he needed. When he got the parts, he never came back and we never saw him again. Other than that, everything else has been great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Jennifer, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: July 14, 2019

We were using a company but they turned out to not be very good, so we went with 2-10 and it worked out. Our experience submitting a claim is good, overall. They wouldn’t cover our AC unit though. So our AC unit wasn’t working, but it was also not working prior to buying the house. So it was like a little bit of a mix-up there. But we have filed other things, like our dishwasher, and that went pretty well.

The experience went well and it got fixed. It was a little bit lazy though. They said that the parts were too much money. They were gonna order them from sales and then send them to their shop, which took an additional two weeks that we didn’t have a dishwasher. So it was a little bit frustrating to have to wait. I felt like it was kinda silly, I don’t really know how much money has been saved on the parts, by getting them themselves instead of getting it from the shop. But the service provided was excellent. It’s drying the dishes now. It wasn’t drying the dishes so we were getting some mold issues in there. But it’s all better now.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Loren, we are excited to learn that you had a great experience with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our services. If you ever have an issue, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 14, 2019

2-10 is really good and it's working out fine for me. In fact, I'm planning to renew and keep staying with them. Submitting a claim was easy and fast. As soon as I call, they would call me back to come and see the problem that I had in less than 24 hours. Their reps and the service contractors were really nice. The contractors fixed the problem right away. They explained to me a lot of things about the issues with the air conditioning and told me everything they did. Overall, 2-10 is really good when it comes to fixing any problem. I'm a real estate agent, so I usually have all my clients get 2-10 and all my customers are very happy that they have them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We cherish your feedback and thank you for being a valued partner. Thank you for your support!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
Limited roof leak$1,000/term
Septic system$500/term
Swimming pool$1,000/term
Well pump$500/term
Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
*Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
  2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
  3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
  4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information