Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 6 million homes over 40 years. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Structural warranties for new homes
    • Flexibility in selecting service providers
    • Provides essential coverage
    • Roof leak coverage available

Cons

• Service call fees can be high
    • Some state restrictions

Bottom Line

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was al...

Verified

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear f...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

Coverage packages cover the cost of repairing or replacing certain systems, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.

2-10 service plans are not available in Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty starts at $19 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which ranges from $85 to $125. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
    • Built-in microwave
    • Disposal
    • Trash compactor
    • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
    Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
    Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
    Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
    Limited roof leak$1,000/term
    Septic system$500/term
    Swimming pool$1,000/term
    Well pump$500/term
    Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
    Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
    *Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
    2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
    3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
    4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

My basement was flooded and 2-10 had PlumbRight come out. The guy came out and unclogged it. But I had to pay for the carpet cleaning people to come out. I also had to pay for PlumbRight to come back out because 2-10 wouldn't pay for it to be scoped, to run a camera down. Back in spring, I had an issue with my washer. They told me that that the piece for it wouldn't be in for a month. They paid not to replace the washer 'cause it was older. They just paid me for the part for $208. But I went back and forth with them forever about that situation.

I don't like dealing with the automated system as far as where they want you to go online and submit. The way that system is set up like if you need to have multiple things done that are in different categories, that's not very user-friendly. If I call them and tell them my garage door doesn't open, my stove isn't heating up, and my AC has an issue, over the phone, they can place those three different orders as $100 each. But still I can take care of all three of them at once.

When you go online and do it, it's not that simple for their customers to find their telephone number if they do need to call because they're really trying to make you use their online system. The online system is very difficult to maneuver through and to file a claim doing it that way. Then when you do call them, they give you too much runaround. The phone number is not accessible very easily on their website. By the time you do call in, their phone service part for you to get to the part that you need has too many steps. It's not user-friendly either. It ends up hanging up on you because you've said something wrong or it can't understand you, or you end up just finally giving in and just pushing a random button to get to an actual human. Then that human still has to forward you to the correct department.

When my basement flooded, even though it literally took me about 30 to 45 minutes to get somebody back on the phone, they gave me a company, Jeffersontown Plumbing, that did not respond. I called that company. I started calling them before they closed but they didn't respond then. It kicked to their emergency number and I called their emergency person repeatedly. Then I called back in to 2-10 and it was about a 30, 45-minute situation for me to get ahold of 2-10 again. By the time I got them live, I told them, "My basement is flooding. I need somebody now. I don't have time to keep waiting."

The rep changed it to an emergency so it's a good thing I asked because this could have been blindsided if I hadn't. I asked if they could tell me who the company would be. I made the assumption that when they moved it from a regular phone call to an emergency, they would change the company. But that was not the case. They just flagged it differently in the system for the same company. When she told me it was still Jeffersontown, I told her I needed a new company because I called them before they went off the clock but nobody responded. She had to go to a supervisor and request to give me PlumbRight. But it's not like this has happened all the time. Once you start dealing with a company, it's pleasant. I haven't had a bad experience dealing with their subcontractors.

I've recommended 2-10 more than once. I do let people know those two things but when I finally do get to a human to tell them what my needs are, the process is very simple. They are quick about telling me if it's in my coverage or no and getting me assigned to somebody. I do know other companies that charge less though. I've got some friends that use some of the other companies that charge like $75. My other battle with them is I refuse to pay outrageous money. I've been with them since '09 and this is the first time when I renewed this year, they sent me a thing in the mail and told me I was going to pay $94 a month. I said, "Absolutely not. I'm not paying your $94 a month." I started with this company paying maybe $50 and now I'm up to $60.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Diyana, we’re glad that we could help resolve your service request. More importantly, we appreciate your honest feedback about the issue you had throughout the service request process. We want to make sure that we’re doing everything we can to make the service request process a positive experience for you.

If you’d like to discuss more, please send us a private message here.

Thanks again for your feedback..

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I just renewed and so far, so good for the most part. There had been times that I thought the service took a little longer than I would've wanted them to come and fix something, but it's okay. They've been out here four times. The first one was when the P-trap under the sink was leaking and the guy that came was great. I called one day, and the day after, he was here that morning. The response time was excellent. After that, there was the AC claim. The AC always goes out on the weekend, which is par for the course. It seems like it always happens like that, so then I had to wait until a week. I can live with that and that worked fine.

The AC guy has been out twice and he was very professional and seemingly very thorough. He took pictures of things up in the attic, so he could show me and I didn't have to climb up there. When he was a little later than he initially told me, he called and gave me a heads up. That was cool. The claim with the garbage disposal took the longest and it was the worst. If I didn't already pay the $85, I would want to put it in myself.

When I talked to the guy, it was, "What do you want me to do? Do you want me to put you before other customers?" I said, "No. I just want you to keep your word. If you tell me you're gonna be here on Monday, be here on Monday. That's all I want. I'm not saying put me before anybody else. But you told me." He's like, "Well, I'm sorry. There are other people ahead of you." I said okay and just hung up. I then called 2-10 and spoke with them. They called him and got him back out. He was better when he came back. It seems like he may be working by himself, and he was pressured, but I wasn't gonna take the brunt of that.

On the phone, he wasn't quite as humble, but when he came back to fix the garbage disposal, he was very humble about it. When he came back here, he said, "I really apologize for the last conversation. I'm gonna get you straight today." I told him that I wasn't mad at him and that life is too short to be holding grudges and being upset with people. I let him know that didn't appreciate how he spoke to me, but I told him that already, so I was done with it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi, we’re glad you had a positive experience overall, but we want to apologize for the delay on your weekend claim we dispatched.

If you’d like to discuss more, please send us a private message here.

We’ll do our best to make sure that you have a more positive experience next time. Thank you for your feedback.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

When we purchased the house, I had it inspected and I paid for everything. The person who represented the owner said that the house was waterproofed for flooding. But mud clogged back up in the sump pump and came back up in my house. I put the claim in and the contractor came. I had flood in my basement and it was supposed to have been waterproof down there. It was supposed to not leak. It ruined a lot of stuff down there. They gutted out everything down there. I'm waiting for them to come back for the rebuild. But from my understanding when talking to another representative from 2-10, they said the warranty didn't cover flood and sewage. Our basement is in ruins and I'm not a happy camper right now.

I went through my homeowner's insurance and I don't know what are the portion that 2-10 can do. When I spoke with them, I went through the claim with a plumbing part, and then the tech told me that I needed to run another pipe to go out to the extension of the house to let the water flow that way. Then that way, it wouldn't come back in the house. So someone had to pay someone to do that.

The contractor left their equipment in here for about five days, came back, and picked it up that Monday. I asked them what would happen next and the guy said that the adjuster will come out for a rebuild to assess. Because I have to replace one of my doors, the vanity in the bathroom, plus the walls down there, where they cut all around there. This will cost about $280,000 and I haven't even been in the house for two months. But right now, I have to wait for the assessor adjuster to come back out so they can put the house back together downstairs because they had to cut out the drywall all the way around.

I need to know everything that 2-10 covers and do not cover. I understand I had to pay the co-pay whenever there's a claim. But I would like that everyone be upfront with me about this. Someone from 2-10 should've came out and spoke with me as we took over this house and explained to me the coverage of the warranty. Also, every time I try to get on the website, the account is still under another name. It wouldn't let me go in there under my own name. When I called them, they said they see that I was the new homeowner. But it was crazy because they told me to go on the website and do my claim that way. But I'm not able to do it that way.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I had some trouble with the water heater. The first time, it really wasn't handled. The first contractors that 2-10 sent out installed some sort of a relay valve. All my faucets were running nothing but hot water, even the cold was hot. I had hot spots on the floors. The water was running too hot through the house. And they installed this valve saying it should have had been initially. They even charged me for that. The original contractor put the valve in, and it didn't do any good. I put it back on the warranty again. Another contractor came out and just turned the heat down and unplugged my recirculating pump which creates hot water. So now, I have cold water but it takes forever to get hot. I was kinda at a loss one way or the other, but at least I have the opportunity to get cold water now.

My floor is not buckling anymore and my floor’s not hot. My ice maker doesn't freeze up within every week and I have to defrost it because it's taken hot water. My clothes aren't shrinking anymore, which is great. So if I gotta wait a little while for some hot water, I will. That's what I'm living with because we’re not gonna jackhammer the floor out. Nothing would cover that.

2-10 came with the purchase of my home. I intend to continue with it because they did have contractors that show up and it’s inexpensive, so I will continue to use the product. I used them for my downstairs air conditioning that stopped working. I had a guy come out and he said it was installed improperly and he had to fix it. He had to get a part so we didn't have any cold air for a week or two. He was knowledgeable and he did a good job. Then I've had some issues on my toilets. The toilet was installed too close to the wall so it's making black mold on my wall, but they said they can't fix that. They would have to jackhammer the floor out, but they said the warranty would cover that. So I am gonna have the floors replaced. So I'll have them back out to do something with that.

I tried to do another claim yesterday. They rejected it saying that it had already been reported too many times and they couldn't do anything about it. My toilet that they worked on needs to be reseated because it's making a horrific smell, but I’ll have to do that myself because they rejected that one. Other than that, 2-10 really follows up well. Their communication is really good. The contractors are effective. It was a little imperfect, but overall, it's been good. And they actually show up. To find contractors in this area to show up when they say they're going to do and do what they say they're gonna do, even if they don't do it perfectly, is next to a miracle. That's the best part.

Original review: July 29, 2020

It was pretty confusing to submit the claim at first because we were first-time homeowners. Going on to the website and checking out things that qualify and things that didn't qualify to be claimed was a ton of stuff to sift through. The first claim that we had was a leak in the pipes. We didn't know it was a plumbing issue because it was in the wall so we didn't know if we could claim it or not. We worked with 2-10 and they contracted someone to come and look at it, which was an immediate $100 deductible without really knowing what was going on. We put in the claim on Saturday and the tech came out on Monday. At that point, we only knew that there was a leak coming through our ceiling in a bedroom downstairs. With us being first-time homeowners, we were kind of freaking out a little bit. We were thinking if it was gonna be a massive build and if it was not claimable or if it was going to be claimed.

Reading all the fine print and trying to figure out what the issue looks like without actually knowing what the problem was was extremely confusing. Once the tech came out, he had to tear into the ceiling and into the wall. We found out that none of the drywall stuff was covered but then the plumbing ended up being covered. But the second claim was pretty straightforward. Our water heater went out and the same contractor came out. He took one look at it and found that it was a leak in the back. This claim was much easier. Everything was great. The contractor that we had was phenomenal. They diagnosed the issue pretty promptly. The tech came out pretty promptly. Given that we've had back-to-back claims within a four-week period, I'm on first-name basis now, so it was great to have somebody local. They've really worked with us and kind of given us a heads-up on everything.

With regards to the write-up of what 2-10 provides and what they can provide, it's pretty detailed. But there's so much info there. Instead of having in text where it's just page after page after page of numbered lists, it would be easier if there was just a chart that said what covered and not covered for plumbing issues and then it had a table. Having it in a matrix would be easier to identify once the problem is identified because 2-10 can't do anything without us knowing what the problem is. It would be awesome if they could visually put the information in a little bit better and readable way. But we're happy that we had the warranty because it's already paid itself. The experience itself has been great. It's a one year warranty and we have six months left but so far, so good. The dispatch has been great. They've been pretty prompt within business hours.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I purchased a one-year home warranty policy from 2-10 Home Warranty Company of 13900 East Harvard Avenue, Aurora CA 80014 (Service agreement # **; last renewed 9/23/20) and have been unable to obtain any warranty service for a claim that I originated on 3/14/21. I believe this company is fraudulently collecting warranty fees, while willfully intending (rather than out of neglect) to avoid fulfilling their claims. Insufficient customer service provides one mechanism for to avoid the filing, pursuit of, and fulfillment of warranty claims. Contracting with irreputable appliance companies accomplishes the same outcome; an unfulfilled claim. I filed three independent claims for the same warranty issue (icemaker failure) over the last 4 months; each claim no more without successful than the last.

Each claim, approximately one month apart, involved a different appliance company subcontracted by 2-10 requiring an $85 visit fee to diagnose my need for a new ice maker; each company promising me that they would initiate an order for replacement. I attempted to reach each of these three companies 2-3 weeks after their service appointment to obtain an update. The first of the three companies (Fusion Air Conditioning; work order **) never answered or returned my 10 calls prompting a second claim with 2-10. The second company (K G Appliance Repair Experts) whose phone number provided by me by 2-10 was not even an existing number, (even 2-10 couldn't reach them) prompted a third claim.

That appliance repairman assured me it would take only 4-5 days to receive a new icemaker. Having not heard anything from this third appliance company (Daybreak Appliance Repair) after 2-3 weeks of their appointment, I also attempted to reach them over several days without success. I then contacted 2-10 and was misinformed by customer service that a new icemaker had indeed been ordered and was en route. Two weeks later, I was finally able to reach the 3rd company and I was informed that they no knowledge of an icemaker order, and asked me to refer all further inquiries back to 2-10.

On June 30th, I had a one hour and 15 min call with a 2-10 customer service agent; all but 5 minutes of it placed on hold. I was told that there was actually no longer a replacement ice maker being manufactured, and that I would be receiving an email response within 4-5 business days regarding replacement of my refrigerator. Why was I not told in March that there were no replacement ice makers available? Why did it require 3 different companies to come to my house? I have had no source of ice since March.

Following 9 days without any such email responses, I was unwilling to waste another 1 hour on hold, so I sent a request on the 2-10 website for a review of my claim on July 9. This went unanswered. On July 12, I e-mailed a letter of complaint to their corporate office in Colorado, again without acknowledgement or response. Over the last four-months, I have placed approximately 12 calls to 2-10 (average hold time was 30 minutes) and made approximately 40 attempts to reach these 3 appliance companies. I’ve wasted at least 5 hours of my time. I have read multiple similar complaints regarding this company online.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Been a customer for 4 years. Recently filed a claim for AC system not working. It would take 1 week for an approved vendor to come to diagnose - it's 95 degrees in July in NC - we can't wait that long. It's virtually impossible to get anyone on the phone and the portal they force you to is useless for emergencies. Even if you escalate you don't hear back. Sitting on hold for over an hour and then you get disconnected. Very dishonest and completely different that how they market their attentiveness.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have absolutely nothing good to say about this company. Our A/C went out 6/9/21. I am writing this on 7/16/21 and still do not have A/C. They take no responsibility for the contractors or suppliers they use. They lie REPEATEDLY and slander their contractors when it suits them. I was told something different every single time I called them. At one point they claimed the contractor had the equipment and was just refusing to install it. The dates that they gave as him having received the equipment were before he had even submitted a diagnosis. It took them nearly 2 weeks to decide if they were going to repair or replace our system.

Every time I called the decision was different. Their supplier decided not to give the contractor our equipment when it came it because they wanted to keep it for a big order they had. 2-10's response was that it wasn't their problem. Over 5 weeks with no A/C, a sick kid, dogs who can't breathe in the heat and humidity, and damage to my house because of it. I cannot get anyone to respond to my escalated claims and get brushed off after waiting on hold for hours. This company is the absolute worst.

Original review: July 15, 2021

MY NIGHTMARE WITH 2-10. Today, it has been 3 months (4/12/2021) since I first called to request service for my HVAC. Since that day, I have not had appropriate cooling or heat in my house. Since April 12, there have been 50 days where the temperature outside was over 80 degrees (April 3 days, May 14 days, June 19 days, and so far in July 14 days). I live with my wife, an adult son, with cystic fibrosis, and 6 dogs. I have a heart condition that requires that I exercise and not have stress. Let’s just say, that before this started I did not need heart surgery and now, I will be having heart surgery on August 4rth. My son is my biggest worry. Due to his cystic fibrosis, his lungs should not be exposed to hot temperatures or cold temperatures. The best temperature for his lungs is 72 degrees. Also, it is best for him if the air around him comes from an air conditioners as pollen and dust particles progressively damage his lungs.

During this time, we’ve added air purifiers to the house to keep the air fresh and clean while the windows were open. On June, the 17th year cicadas arrived, with decibel levels sometimes as high as 80, and we had to close the windows to block the sound. These last three month have been a nightmare with no end in sight. Here is a summary of the highlights of my interaction with 2-10.

On April 12, 2021 So Cool Solutions (SCS) was dispatched to my home because the HVAC unit was not working properly. At that time, SCS indicated that the unit was beyond repair and that a new unit would ordered. On April 21, the contractor indicated that he had not received the unit even though 2-10 has a delivery confirmation. On April 28 (7 days after the delivery confirmation) we had not heard anything from the contractor or 2-10. On April 29, the installers started giving me excuses as to the delay. On May 3rd, the contractors showed up unannounced without the unit. Took a look at the area (they had already been to the house of April 21) and left. On May 4rth, the contractor indicated that they would not be able to install the unit because they were missing parts and he had no additional support (help) on that day. The contractor canceled their work on that day.

On May 6th, the contractor removed the old unit and left it in my backyard. They worked for 5 hrs and did not finish. The contractor promised to return the next day because at this point, we had no cooling or fan in the house. We spent the next 3 days with temperatures over 80 degrees. On May 8th, the contractor, having missed their appointment the day before, called to say that they would arrive on at 9:00am May 9th, Mother Day. We canceled our Mother’s Day celebration as the house had no cooling.

On May 9th (Mother’s Day), the contractors arrived at 2:00PM, 5 hrs after their scheduled appointment. There were two installers and a small child, related to one of the contractors. At 7:00PM, the contractor indicated that they had completed the installation. At this time, they removed the old rusted unit that had been left on the dog yard. When we inspected the basement, where the unit is located, we realized that the contractors dragged their equipment and dirty shoes through our cream colored carpeting. On May 10th, we contracted a company to shampoo the carpets to eliminate the stains.

During the next 2 weeks, we had cold weather so we did not push the system although we started to notice that the temperature upstairs was noticeably warmer than downstairs. Since a new unit had been installed and a lot of dust had been moved through the system, we decided to clean the air ducts. The duct cleaner notice that the return air duct was not attached to the new system. Since the unit was new and had just been installed, I submitted a new claim on May 25th. On May 28th, SCS canceled their appointment and ghosted us until June 3rd. At this time, my son went to stay with my in-laws as we had no cooling in the house and this was affecting his lungs. On June 3rd, SCS worked on the system and ordered a “part” that according to them was missing.

On June 8th, SCS came back “part” and left after 15 minutes. They did not notify us that they were leaving without fixing the system. To make matters worst, they left the gate to the dog yard opened and four of our dogs escaped. Needless to say, our dogs are like family members and having to worry that I would not see my dogs again was excruciating. Luckily, and with some help, we were able to safely locate all four dogs. On June 15, SCS communicated to 2-10 that they need another part. This is when we noticed, that the unit was collecting water at the bottom tray.

On June 17, I asked for an update from SCS. They texted me a picture of the Lennox order and blamed Lennox for the missing part. Since I had the order number (included in the picture sent) I called Lennox. Lennox supplied a tracking number, which I tracked. This is when I discovered that SCS, again, had lied. The part had been delivered to SCS on June 26th a Saturday. On June 22, after sleeping without cooling for over two months, I purchased a window AC for our bedroom. On June 28th, SCS was still claiming that they had not received the part. After calling and pressuring 2-10 to do their job, 2-10 forced SCS to schedule the installation of the part on June 29. The part was installed and that night the system froze. SCS indicated that the issue seemed to be that the system was not pulling return air. At this time, the principal of SCS stop communicating with us. SCS sent one of the original installers to try to fix the unit. On July the 2nd, the original installer from SCS stop communicating as well.

On July 5th, I placed a call to 2-10. The person took my call indicated that the unit was not fixable and not to worry that we would get another unit. I followed up with 2-10 on, July 7th. This time the person on the phone indicated that she had no record of my conversation on July 5th. She indicated that the records indicated that we requested a new contractor and refused SCS. I want to clarify that, I never asked for a new contractor. My contract is with 2-10 and it is 2-10’s responsibility to supervise the contractor, however I agreed that a new set of eyes would be the best! CMR Ventures LLC was assigned by 2-10. I immediately checked their reviews online and was very concerned as their current rating is 1.5 stars. SCS had 3 stars. On July 8th, CMR Ventures LLC came to the house to look at the system outside, did not come into the house. CMR indicated that they would submit to 2-10 that evening the request for additional parts.

On July 9th, I followed up with CMR and they indicated that the request had been submitted that morning. On July 12th, I followed up with 2-10, which was the 3 month anniversary from the original claim. At that time, 2-10 indicated that they had not received the work order from CMR. On July 13, 2-10 called to set up an appointment for Thursday, July 15th. No time for the appointment was given. We have tried to accommodate the installers within the limits of proper patience but we feel that we were taken advantage off. I mentioned at the beginning of the letter the health problems associated with this event but I also want to mention, the number of hours that we have spent trying to find a resolution to get the unit operational.

All three of us work full time, having to constantly call to wait on hold for an average of an hour and a half, having to cancel meetings with clients because of the noise generated by the installers, the constant disruptions from the installers and having to be in the house for long hours waiting for the installers have been a major disruption to our lives. We had to postpone the Mother’s Day celebration. We had to hold Father’s Day celebration in the heat because the house had no cooling. We were embarrassed when, while having a party at the house, the system froze and stopped working. Causing our party to end early.

Original review: July 12, 2021

One of my a/c units went out this morning. I knew a contractor and had them come take a look within a couple hours and confirmed the compressor was out along with a bad capacitor. It's 17 years old and they recommended replacing the outside unit. I confirmed with 2-10 via phone I would have to confirm the contractor was licensed and insured and would need the quotes drawn up and sent in.

I called in a second time to confirm exactly what was needed and where I need to send it and found out their review process would take 3-5 business days and we could not have the work done prior, otherwise the claim would be denied. It was 83 degrees inside, 85 outside and only getting warmer so waiting for approval for a week and not doing the work seems like a ridiculous requirement. There are many companies backed up and without equipment. My contractor had the equipment to resolve our problem same day. Doesn't seem like it would be difficult to confirm all the information they needed to in order to provide a check for what they could approve after the fact. Poor client experience for me and will not choose them again.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information