Get a Free Quote Visit Website

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5
Based on 3,683 ratings submitted in the last year
Visit Website

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

PROS

• Structural warranties for new homes
  • Flexibility in selecting service providers
  • Provides essential coverage
  • Roof leak coverage available

CONS

• Service call fees can be high
  • Some state restrictions

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was also proactive and thought ahead for me. They were gonna be calling me back if I had any other problems.

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear from the contractor until Monday but we heard from them on a Saturday. They were out within 24 hours.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

• Systems and Appliances: With a Systems and Appliances plan, homeowners get the cost of a repair or replacement covered, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.
  • Structural Warranty: With a Structural Warranty, homeowners can protect their new construction home for up to 10 years from structural damage.

2-10 services plans are not available in Alabama, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Oklahoma or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is $30–$40 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which range from $75–$100. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
  • Built-in microwave
  • Disposal
  • Trash compactor
  • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 home warranty supreme protection: This add-on is available to real estate agents to add-on to a home buyers warranty. It adds protection for 40 additional items including appliances and plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

We've been very pleased with 2-10 warranty. We've had them help us with the air conditioner, the heater and the refrigerator, and the process is very fast and professional. There have been a few issues with the contractors though. They're all independent contractors so some of them have a tough day or have issues. But at the end of the day, they finally get the job done.

It took forever to deal with Ambient Heating and Air and we made a few complaints to 2-10 right in the middle of a claim. It was summertime and our upstairs AC unit stopped working. It took Ambient a week just to come out and check it. Then they said that they would submit the claim and it took a lot of time for them to submit it. From the time we reported the problem to the time they got the equipment installed, it had probably been a month. Luckily, the house has two air conditioners so downstairs was cooling and upstairs was not. We had our kids sleep in the living room for the dog days of summer. But it was a long time that everybody was camping out downstairs.

When we'd call up, they would blame it on 2-10 saying 2-10 hadn't ordered the part yet or the part that had come in was the wrong part. But I really doubt that. I think they were a small shop and they were very overwhelmed by getting way too much business during the summer. They were just looking for ways to not lose the business. We even asked some other questions. We asked if they could find out what it would take to cool this house efficiently and they said they didn't have time to do that. They said they had too much going on and that they could do it some other time but right them, what they could was just order the equipment and then work us in once it came in. So I think Ambient Heating and Air just didn't have enough staff.

When the technician came to do a follow-up, he came with an attitude too, probably because it was on his own time. The way he had installed the piping was way too high. It was a tripping hazard. I called him to work on that and while he was out, I asked him if he could check the cooling capacity because it seemed like it wasn't cooling very well yet. So he checked it and he agreed that the AC was not cooling the house as best that it should and that he'd have to do some additional. I thought he was gonna do the additional stuff but when I complained about him not running lines low enough, he talked with an attitude. He went back up to the attic and said he had to go get his tools. He pulled his stuff together then when I asked if he was gonna measure to find out what it would take to get the upstairs cooling properly, he said maybe some other time then he just left.

Then the next morning, the upstairs unit would not come on. So we called 2-10 and mentioned how the guy was just out here and doing some things. He had been up in the attic and then the AC wasn't running that night but it had cooled off at night and we didn't notice that the unit was not running until the following day. 2-10 scheduled another follow-up but Ambient denied to come out. We got notified that another contractor was gonna come up and we asked why. 2-10 said Ambient had turned down the dispatch.

So another guy came out and of course we paid him the $75 even though we didn't feel right about it because it was a follow-up. In fact, when the new company came out, they saw that the last guy had not reset a switch or a fuse. It was a real quick fix. This technician clicked something and we were up and running. I complained to 2-10, saying I didn't feel right paying $75 on a follow-up when it was a problem that the previous technician had and then he came up with an attitude and declined to come back out. But 2-10 was real good about it. They said they were sorry that they had charged us $75 on the follow-up and that they would credit it back, which they did.

Since I had that $75 credit, that covered the claim when we had heater problems about a month later. 2-10 sent out the latest guy we had and when he came out, he was able to adjust something, fix something and get the heater up and running. We were good to go. So I don't have anything negative to say about 2-10. The only downside was that particular contractor. But 2-10 is professional and very fast. It is a very good company. Sometimes, it's the subs that they need to maybe do a little bit more follow-up on. If it's me and a whole bunch of other people complaining about Ambient Heating and Air, then maybe eventually, they could be taken off the list.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello James, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your support. We at 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty value your feedback and your continued business!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I filed multiple claims with 2-10 this year where most of them went very well but one was incredibly problematic. I called to have my annual AC check-up and they sent a company out to do it. The company determined that I needed a new air conditioning unit. I probably wouldn't make it through the summer with the system that I have which was quite old and I was aware of that. The company proceeded with getting a new unit and installing it. When they were doing that, they installed the outdoor condensing unit. I questioned the technician, "Don't you have to match the outdoor unit with the indoor unit?" In this case, the systems aren't communicating but there is still a need for those to match up especially with the age difference of the units. He said it was fine.

I kept using the air conditioning unit until it went out in August. At that time, I called for a claim and 2-10 sent a different AC company out. The tech took a look at it and asked when I got the new unit to which I answered, "in March". He asked why they didn't install the air handling unit. It was the same question I asked the previous company and they told me I didn't need it. The tech said he was not gonna touch the unit. He explained that it was using two different types of gas because Freon which was used for the older system has been outlawed. Then the new system has a newer gas that operates in a totally different manner. The piping requirement and the expansion valves are different. 2-10 went back to the original AC company, which I understand why. They didn't complete installation and they didn't call for an inspection for the unit.

In the meantime, I was trying to get the air handling unit replaced which took three different attempts to order one that would fit in the attic space where it was located. The condensate line in the attic had a leak and I wasn't aware of it. I called a plumber because I thought it was coming from a hot water heater or piping in the wall and they were the ones who discovered it. It went on for numerous days until so much water run down the walls and came up through the floors. It ruined hardwood floors to the point that the insurance company advised that I had to replace all of them because it was continuous flooring.

I also have a double wall hole cut out of one side of my wall from mold damage. Even though there is no way that I can prove that the AC company was at fault, them neglecting to do a proper and legal installation in the beginning has to be the problem. But I appreciate the fact that 2-10 acknowledged that it was an improper installation and no one ever was allowed to be completed that way.

I had another problem with the AC tech who tried to tell me that they were licensed to change out a breaker in my electrical panel. I happen to be on an electrical contracting company so I know what the laws are regarding that. I told them they will not change it unless they showed me their electrician's license. They said, "Oh, we do it all the time. And they signed off on our inspection." I answered, "Well, they signed off on your inspection 'cause you're not telling them that you're the one that put the breaker in. That's illegal." I had some conversation with 2-10 and told them that I didn't want this. The contractor even badmouths 2-10.

But I'm very happy with some contractors. I had some other plumbing issues and 2-10 sent the same plumbing company who discovered the condensate leak. I was very pleased with them. They were very professional, courteous and very considerate. They took the time to discuss things with me. Then over a year ago, 2-10 sent an appliance guy out and he didn't wanna go through the effort of trying to find out what the real issue was. He said he couldn't do anything about it. 2-10 sent another appliance guy and he fixed it. It was much better than it was before.

I also made a suggestion to 2-10. The biggest aggravation would be that every time one calls in, especially if it's calling repeatedly for the same issue, they don't assign it to one agent. I lost track of all the people I spoke with and I had to start all over again with whoever's the next in line to answer the phone. Even though they have notes in the system, the notes don't always convey exactly what's been going on. If there's an overlap of shifts or two people instead of potluck every time one calls them, it would make it easier for both parties and the clients that they're helping out.

There were also some conversations that I had with some of the 2-10 reps that were very aggravating because they didn't believe what I was saying. I tried to tell the purchasing department about the legal issues of the air conditioning tech and stopped doing eligible work. When I spoke with the claims people, they agreed I was right. They have to make sure that their people know the rules, regulations, and codes.

But when my warranty is up this spring, I would still consider renewing 2-10. I have an older home. I anticipated that there will be potentially some appliance problems but I didn't anticipate everything that I've had to use them for this year. I asked around and 2-10 seems to have a pretty good reputation so that's important. Although I can't say that I'm 100% satisfied with my experience with them, for the most part, I have been.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Kimberly, thank you for making us aware of your service experience with your home warranty. We are disappointed to learn about your claim experience, however, we appreciate your feedback and we hope to use your comments to help us improve our services. Please feel free to send us a message if you need any additional support. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: July 23, 2019

We bought the house and 2-10 was included with our purchase. Then after, we had to decide if we’re gonna stay with them or leave them. But we had a problem with our pool during the first year because the property manager didn’t take care of it properly. When we had to call to make an appointment for the pool, they told us that 2-10 was one of the better insurances that they dealt with when it came to pool management. It was hard to find one that was really good with that so we initially decided to stay with them. I filed claims for a couple of other things. We had a faucet dripping. We also had an irrigation system in the front and we wanted to shut that off because it was leaking. Everything was really good. It was this $60 fee and we never had any problems. It was just this time that I had a lot of hassle but it wasn’t through the insurance. It was more through the contractor.

I was doing the laundry and there was smoke coming from inside of the drum of our washer. I googled it and found out that it was quite a common occurrence around the 10-year mark of the appliance. I made the claim in June and I'm going on a month and a half without my washer. As far as the contractor making the appointment, I’m the one that had to go out of my way to call them, track them down, and figure out everything. I told 2-10 that the contractor hadn’t called me and they said that they'd call the contractor and that all we could do was wait. For me, that wasn’t enough action so I had to do more of that.

They were conflicting too like some of the people that I got. It was like they didn’t know what they were talking about. The contractor said they needed more parts and then the insurance said that they'll just gonna do a replacement. And so when I called 2-10, they said that they’re gonna do the parts. I asked what’s going on with that and they didn’t give me an answer. They said that that department was closed at that time. I called the next day and talked to someone else. The lady said that they're doing the parts and that it would take three to five business days which I thought was ridiculous ‘cause how would she know how long it’s gonna take to locate parts and why she has a timeline for that. What they told me last time was it was for the shipping. She then said that it's three to five days to locate the parts and then three to five days to get it shipped.

I got a message on my phone from 2-10 the next day saying that they were gonna do a replacement so I called them and said that one person told me they’re gonna do the parts and then another person said that they’re gonna do the replacement. This person now said that it hasn’t been decided and that it’s still on review. So then, the third option. I called again the next day and they said that they're reviewing and to just keep looking out on the email. I checked my email around 3 AM and they decided to do a replacement. I could either do that or the cashback but I was satisfied with the replacement option they gave me. I tried to call them to do the replacement and that department wasn’t open at that time.

The most frustrating thing is that when calling 2-10's number, the first thing they say is that most of the things can be done on their website. But I really couldn’t do any online. I couldn’t check the status online. I couldn’t confirm what option I wanted. I couldn’t find the tracking number like there was no tracking number to the parts online. I got the tracking number from a representative after I asked them for it. All should have been available on the page like, “The parts were sent. This is the number. This is the tracking number.” if you wanna see where it’s at. The parts got sent to the contractor but the contractor has two addresses, one for shipments and one for actually working on the equipment. The parts got sent to the warehouse instead of the place where they intake all the equipment.

I could have ordered my washer sooner. If there was a button that I had to press knowing what I was selecting, it would have been a lot quicker. When I called, the lady was really confused. She asked if I wanted the replacement check and I told her that I wanted the washer that 2-10 was offering me. Then she put me on hold and it ended up hanging up on me. I called back and they said that the department is already closed so then I had to wait another day. My schedule is six to six so when I had to call, it was like 5:45. I got disconnected and then when I called back to talk to them, their department closes at six. I called the next day and got someone who’s really good. He understood the fact that I wanted the replacement. I placed that order on Wednesday and it would be five to seven days. So now I’m just waiting for them to deliver the washer and that’s it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the excellent rating! We are excited to read that you have had such a positive experience with our contractors and staff. We appreciate your support!

Original review: June 11, 2019

2-10's customer service is good and I haven’t had any negative experience with their representatives. I’ve been very happy. But I had a couple plumbing issues recently, one about six months ago and one last month, and they don’t have any contractors in my area. But I don’t live out in some place extremely rural, so there are a lot of plumbers at least within a 50 mile radius of my house.

So, I had to hire a plumber on my own, made sure they were licensed and bonded, asked them to do the work, then 2-10 reimbursed me. But the thing is, a lot of plumbers said that part of the claims process involves them sitting on the phone some time for an hour and a half just to get somebody from 2-10 on the line so they can describe the problem. Once they identify it, they have to make sure they diagnose the problem and that it’s covered on the warranty. And a lot of plumbers don’t wanna do that because they have other jobs to do and for them to have one of their guys sitting on the phone for an hour and a half waiting to get somebody on the phone costs them time and money and out of their jobs.

So, it makes it very difficult for me because most of the contractors don’t wanna deal with my problem once they hear home warranty company, or they’ll say they'll do it but I gotta pay them out-of-pocket. I have to do that anyway, but you have to make these phone calls to 2-10 and sometimes they don’t wanna talk to me. They wanna talk to the plumber. So, it’s a lot of running around when they don’t have somebody that is used to their process. But how are you gonna run a business if you have a business call from this warranty company when you could probably have an entire job done some place else? Or instead of your travel time to some place else, you’re on the phone just sitting there waiting to get somebody on the line.

I’ve experienced this myself because I had to call 2-10 the last two times that I had the plumber come over the house. 2-10's reps gave me a number and told me that it was a direct line to their claims service rep. But it was not and there was no such thing as a direct line to that department. Then, no matter what number they gave me, it always put me into a queue and that queue went to the same process. And I was in a queue for 35 minutes before I got somebody on the line. After I explained to them the matter, they were saying that they wanted to talk with the person who did the repair, but that person was gone. Then I had to ask them if I could ask the plumber to submit an invoice and I'd just send it to 2-10.

So, it’s very frustrating for me when 2-10 doesn’t have a contractor for whatever service that needs to be provided in the area. I don’t mind waiting on the phone and it’s much easier than the contractor charging their hourly fee just to sit there and wait on the phone. Also, I’m not even sure if 2-10 would cover the repair. They should have much quicker response times for those people who approve authorization of work that’s needed. Conversely to that, when I explained my issue to 2-10's customer service reps, they’ve been very apologetic and worked very hard to make sure the process was expedited. It seems that the people that are working for the company are aware of the problem but management hasn’t allocated the headcount for the people of that department. So, they’re constantly swamped.

I’ve dealt with 2-10 enough times over the years to realize that every time I call, there’s always that message saying they are having unexpected call volume. And sometimes, when their contractors fix a job in my house and they’re there for a very long time. Then, if I have to do all the legwork myself and I don't understand why it takes so long to get the approval for a repair. It’s not even that they need time to review the matter, it’s just waiting to get somebody on the phone. But in terms of the attitude of 2-10's reps and what they do for the customer, I’m very pleased with that. It's also great once a claim is put in the system. And if there’s a contractor in my area, they come out and fix the problem.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We bought the house and it came with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. When we bought the house, the person who did the home inspection said that the garbage disposal had a crack in it and that it would probably leak if it was full. I submitted a claim for the garbage disposal and it went fine. I called up and talked to a guy. He said it sounded like it was not working right. I was as certain as one can be without going in there and taking it out that it wasn’t working right. He said they would make an appointment and would get the person to contact me. The company called me very promptly the next day and said they will be out the next day. Everything was fine. The guy showed up and looked at the thing. He said there was no crack in it and it was not gonna leak and that home inspectors sometimes try to find every possible flaw.

Then, he said the garbage disposal was fine and that the problem was the drain pipe, which didn’t have enough pitch to it so that everything didn’t go the way it was supposed to go, and it could clog up. He also said there was nothing he could do about that since that was the way they were all built in this community. He even went out to the truck and brought a piece of plastic pipe and showed us what it looked like. Fundamentally, the only problem I had with the whole affair was that we paid 70 bucks for the guy to tell us that and do nothing. It was not a good experience.

He said maybe if he would call 2-10 up and tell them he didn’t do any work, he could maybe get me not to pay the thing. Then, I never heard from him again. I know that didn’t happen and I'm sure if he charged 2-10 something, then we are gonna have to pay that. On the whole, everything from 2-10's end was fine, but from the plumber’s end, it wasn’t. The thing turns on and we hear a sound, but when we tried it out and put some stuff in there, it backed up and it didn't seem like it wanted to go down the drain easily. We were afraid to use it. If it was potentially cracked and could leak, we wondered why not get somebody out here to do something about it. We figured he was gonna replace it, but he said it was a really nice unit and there was nothing he could do about the pipe.

There are two sinks. The garbage disposal is on one side and the other side is the plain drain, but the two things are straight across. When you use the garbage disposal, whatever you're disposing of has to go across the other drain, but it doesn’t go down. It goes up to get out of there, so I don’t see how anything could ever get out of there unless you were running a fire hose to it. He didn’t wanna try to change the drain when he found that the garbage disposal was okay, so his final statement was there was no solution to the problem.

At that point, my wife said what was the point of even having garbage disposal if I could not use it. We are very gingerly putting tiny things because the guy said we can put this and that. We got the list that is so long. He said no eggshells, no onions. What was the purpose of the advice if you couldn't do anything? I don’t know how much of that is true or not because I don’t know how every other home in this place is. The people who owned the house before have somehow lost or misplaced or didn’t have the black rubber, circular plunge that you use. The plumber brought one of those from the truck, so we could plunge the thing. Otherwise, if you plunge it, it is just gonna go back and forth between the two sinks. You have to close the other sink. He got that for us and we paid $70 for a stopper. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with the 2-10 part. The guy was very prompt.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ted, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

We were extremely pleased with the service that we received during the time of getting our new furnace. We're so thankful for the 2-10 team and their professionalism. It made a difficult time much easier for us. Kudos to 2-10 and their great customer service team!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi William, we are so happy to read that you had an excellent experience with our services. Thank you for your excellent review and continued business!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

The first time we had to do a claim, it was pretty simple. Submitting a claim is easy. I just go online. Getting the work done was the issue. In our second claim where our heat pump went out in January, it took them five weeks to fix it or to get somebody to fix it. So, we were out of our heat for a month in the coldest month of the year, with 10 to 20 degrees at night. And they only gave us an update when we called them.

We had a contractor assigned to us and they were amazing. The problem was 2-10 wouldn’t authorize OEM replacement parts. So, they went and ordered parts, but they ordered the wrong parts. Our contractor had to send those parts back to 2-10 before 2-10 would order the correct parts. 2-10 ordered parts again that weren’t OEM and they were not the correct parts, so then we had to go through the process again. It ended up them having to order parts three times, and each time, it was the wrong parts. Finally, they decided just to replace the whole system, and that still took about a week before they would approve that. They definitely need to speed up the process. And if they can’t find the replacement parts the first time, then they just need to go ahead and replace the system. I would make sure people knew that the process was like pulling teeth.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Stephanie, thank you for your rating, we are happy to learn that your claim has been resolved. We apologize for any issues you have experienced. If you need assistance in the future, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I picked 2-10 up when I bought the home I’m in. From the perspective of the broker that sold me this home, 2-10 was hands down the best product on the market. I've been with them for about three years and it’s been very easy to submit a claim. When my gas water heater sprung a leak, I was able to get it turned off and I called them. They came right out, processed the paperwork and got the water heater replaced. It took a little longer than expected. But I had two water heaters, so I wasn’t completely out of service. Their time to actually repair the product has been lengthy at times. They should be a little quicker from the time the case is opened to actually obtaining the parts and repairing the product. But their service has been very good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Todd, thank you for the excellent rating. We're happy to read that you had an overall positive experience with our services. We do, however, apologize for the amount of time it took to complete the service request. We will do our best to use the information you provided to ultimately, improve our services. Thank you for you feedback and continued business!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My washer broke on Feb 1 and called for a Service. 2-10 Home Warranty assigned Appliance Tech Inc and came on Feb 4 and diagnosed and I have to pay almost $199.99 instead of $189.00 because I used my Debit Card and he charged me processing fee. Unbelievable right. Then the Technician promised that he will send the report that same day at night. I called 2-10 the following day. No report, I called the Appliance Tech and he said he will send it in 10mins. Then I called 2-10 at night and said nothing. So, 2-10 assigned another Technician - Tech 4 and sent the report to 2-10. Report showed. Bearing bad - made a loud noise, water leaking, bearing corroded and need replacement.

I called yesterday which is now Feb 11 and the Customer Service told me that the Purchasing Dept is reviewing it and it will take 7 to 10 business days to see if they can find the parts to repair and if not they will replace the unit. However, I told Julian which is the Supervisor of the Customer Service, that will be another week or so for me not having a washer and it is very expensive to be back and fort at the Laundry Mat not including the inconvenience. He told me it is out of his control and I said "NO" It is under control by 2-10 Home Warranty. The only thing is the 2-10 Home Warranty wants to fix the issue in a cheapest way instead of fixing it now and let the Home Owners not to stress.

I told him that since then between the $199 and going to Laundry Mat cost me already a total of $400. or more. When you sell the Home Insurance I said that you PROMISED the customer to have peace of mind. But for now still not happening. I called Purchasing Department and still the lady that I spoke to same the same thing. What kind of Insurance 2-10 is practicing. I wouldn't recommend to any homeowners to buy this insurance or even any Real Estate Company to recommend it to the Buyers. They are terrible. Today is Feb 12 and I don't have any idea when my washer will be fix. If I can find a local TV Network today I will make a them help me to reach out to 2-10 and also let the other customers or people be aware what this company does for the customer. They want to sell their insurance and take our money but not helping us fix the issues. 2-10 Home Warranty does not even deserve one star in my book....

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Orliza, it's disappointing to hear your claim is still unresolved. We have escalated this to our Escalations Team and we will be reaching out to you shortly.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I'm a realtor. I always ask for a home warranty because I thought there was pretty good value in them. However, this experience has really been frustrating. The frustration was when you called a claim in to 2-10, you generally have to wait a day and a half or two days before someone would call you from the company, and then it's like you were not a priority for them. There is a couple of days before they could get to you. Whereas if I call a repairman for myself, you can generally get them there the next day or at the most would be two days. When I would call and then they would turn it over to the company, and the company would get out here was probably pretty close to about six days. In one incident, they told us the part was gonna be in on the 28th of January, and then I got a feedback thing from 2-10 about, “How was your service?” and I ranted about the delay in getting the service provider to come out, and I sent it.

When I finished, I copied it into an email, and I sent it to my warranty rep, Trish, and I said, “I want you to see this below. Yes, I'm ranting, but I'm a little frustrated.” And I just put in there, “It really takes a long time.” And I didn’t want it posted because I do subscribe to selling these things and they have value, but there is a definite gap in how they provide their service that really needs to be addressed to make them a better product. As soon as she saw that, she called me, she escalated this, and the part that wasn’t going to be in until the 28th miraculously arrived and they installed it on a Saturday. I gathered they don’t work for 2-10 on Saturday. But once Trish and the follow-up customer care line or whoever put a fire under them about this, they all of a sudden worked on Saturday.

We started having trouble with our refrigerator on the 30th or 31st. It started with our icemaker was rattling. So, we moved everything around, it would stop for a while, and then the rattling got progressively worse. We called in our first call on January 2nd and they replaced a computer board, and then they just said, “We can't fix it and it's the fan assembly.” We got our check some time mid-February.

I told the rep one time when they told me it was gonna be another three or four days, “Can we go with a different company? Surely, somebody can get here before that.” Because at that point, we had a refrigerator that was hovering around 40 degrees to 44, and a freezer that wouldn’t go below 20. So, nothing was freezing and stuff like milk was going bad. You would not want to put anything in there too long. So she said, “If you do that, you have to start the process over. You have to have an initial service call with another company, and then you have to pay the $100 again, and you have to start the whole process over for diagnostic.” I said, “Why can't they just pass that to the second company? It's not my fault they can't get out here for several days.” But they wouldn’t do that or they discouraged that.

I went to a Realtor training thing and I had another company there, and they were talking about how they have their own service reps that are part of their company. The woman said that, “We have our own staff because when a company," and I'll just use 2-10, "when 2-10 has a service contract with somebody and you have A-1 Appliances, and A-1 Appliances is gonna get $50 from 2-10 or they're gonna get $150 from the consumer on the streets, what service call are they gonna take first? Where are they gonna put their priority? They're gonna put their priority on the individual that’s gonna pay them.”

We also had 2-10 out last year for our washing machine and it was a different company, but the guy came out, ordered the part, told us the whole steps of getting it fixed, and it wasn’t even four or five days between when the guy first came out and got it fixed. Four or five days with no washing machine is a long time, but it went much smoother. Maybe it was just the nature of the problem and the company. It was resolved and they paid us, but the refrigerator circus was frustrating.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Diane, We are disappointed to read the many challenging claim experiences you have had with our company. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. If you ever have an issue with a claim, please feel free to send us a private message with your contact information and one of our escalation agents will be standing by ready to help.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
    Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
    Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
    Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
    Limited roof leak$1,000/term
    Septic system$500/term
    Swimming pool$1,000/term
    Well pump$500/term
    Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
    Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
    *Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
    2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
    3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
    4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information