Consumer Reviews and Complaints

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Charles. We at 2-10HBW thank for your business and review.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

The real estate agent told me about 2-10 when we bought the house and we've been with them since April. I've submitted a claim over the phone. The rep was very nice and the contractor they sent out to our house was good. 2-10 did a good job.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Good Afternoon Darryl. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to keep providing you with honorable service for years to come. Thank you for the feedback and the support.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I submitted a claim in November when my water heater went out. This house was built in 2002 and the water heater apparently was installed the same year. And so, a month and a half ago, it started leaking very badly and I had water running everywhere. I had to get it replaced very quickly. I called the plumber that I knew, and since he was available, he came immediately and told me that we're going to have to replace the water heater.

I called 2-10 Warranty and went through the steps. They gave me a claim number and the whole bit, and they said they had 24 hours to respond. I never heard back from them. I had to have that water stopped, so I took care of it and paid it, then submitted the bill to 2-10 Warranty. They reviewed it and even if I didn’t exactly follow their protocol, they were good enough to honor it. Also, the guy that I used had done some work for 2-10 Warranty in the past. So, it worked out and they reimbursed me minus the deductible. So I've got no complaints.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Anthony. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you being a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty customer.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers has good service and seemed to have the best overall product. I’m a real estate agent and had an absolutely wonderful representative in the area by the name of Gail. She's a great person, and service was always there. Her daughter has taken over, but they are awesome nonetheless. I submit claims over the phone and it’s hard to get through the process to getting a call set up for the warranty help. And sometimes, the service tech is not the best in the world. I had an experience with the washing machine which was horrible. It cost by far more to do it as it would’ve been twice as much to fix. I had to call back twice to get them to send a check out for the washer once we had agreed to take a buyout instead of them fixing it which was ridiculous. I had a plumbing experience recently and it was great. The plumber they have in the area now is absolutely fantastic. So overall, everything’s been good and I’m very pleased.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Brent. We are happy to hear that we were able to resolve your issue with your light fixture. We at 2-10 value your business and thank you for your review.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

2-10 came with the home when we purchased it a year ago. I submitted a claim recently over the phone and it worked as I expected. The light fixture inside the range hood wasn’t working. The contractors had to order parts and are coming this afternoon to finish the repair.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings David. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a satisfying experience with us. Thank you so much for the review.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I've been using 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for three years now. My most recent claim with them was regarding the washing machine and that went very well. I filed a claim over the phone and their rep was very helpful. The contractor quickly diagnosed what the problem was and sent the solution to 2-10 and everything was squared away in a couple of weeks. They paid the claim and we were able to get a new washing machine. We’re very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Cincotta. We are delighted to hear that you have had a satisfying customer experience. We value your business and appreciate your review.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

We've been homeowners for 20 years and we've only had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty twice. My experience in submitting a claim with them has been great. Everything is fine for me and I don't have any issues or concerns. The customer service reps are great and they reach out to us each time we call them. Also, their contractors are friendly and their customer service are running it, so they work hand in hand.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Clint. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a satisfying experience with us. Thank you so much for the review.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I've had 2-10 with my previous homes. This time, I've been with them for six months now. It has been easy to submit a claim with them. My experience with the contractor was fine, I got the results that I needed. Overall, 2-10's service is as expected so I'm getting what I pay for.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alfred. We at 2-10 HBW appreciate your feedback and recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of continuing our relationship for years to come.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers came when I bought the house and I've had it for six years now. I had no problems filing a claim and their contractors were good too. My only complaint is that it takes time sometimes to get things fixed. In some cases, it could be a few days before somebody would get here, and finding that something has to be replaced could take a long period of time. The washing machine was an example. We had to go to the laundromat for a week and a half. It was too long and that’s bad. But other than that, I would recommend 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Edmond, we appreciate the recommendation. Thank you for being a customer.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

The representatives that I've talked to have been knowledgeable, courteous, and answered all of my questions. The claim process was easy. Moreover, the service guy fixed the issue in a timely manner. He's knowledgeable about what he was doing. Overall, I'd recommend 2-10. They delivered what they said they would.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Joann. We are elated to hear that you have had a successful ten years with us. We hope to continue making it a pleasant and comfortable experience for you for the next decade to come. Thank you so much for the review and your continued service with us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

We like 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and we've had them for about 10 years now. Submitting a claim isn't a hassle at all. Their claims reps are very nice. They call the service people to come out when something’s wrong. They tell me who they called and who's gonna call me to set up the appointment. I'm very glad that I have 2-10 and I’ve not had a problem with having anyone to come out and do what they're supposed to do. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I have it in case something happens so that’s really helpful to me.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alaric. We are happy to hear that these four years with us has been so successful. We hope to keep creating comfortable and efficient service for you. Thank you so much for the review and the support.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

2-10 is a great warranty to have and I've been using them for four years now. When I submitted a claim over the phone the process was very prompt and easy. And the reps were straight to the point. I told them what was wrong, they sourced out the company to do it, and the company came out quick and repaired it. The contractor who came out was knowledgeable and didn't take a lot of time to get the job done.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Jeanine. We are happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with quick service. Thank you for the helpful and encouraging review.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

We had 2-10 since we bought our house. It was easy to submit a claim to them over the phone, and they came right away. I had no problems. The contractor was also very informative and helpful. I was very pleased with the work and how quickly they responded to my request.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings David. We are ecstatic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with honest and satisfactory service. Thank you so much for the review and for being such a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2016

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was provided to us by the seller of our home. We have submitted two claims now. A few weeks ago, we had the water heater fail. They sent a company up here to repair it, and they installed two new heating elements in the water heater, flushed the water heater, and we were very satisfied. And then when it turned cold about a week ago, the heat did not come on. They sent a company out yesterday and they repaired the problem to our satisfaction. In fact, they're coming back tomorrow to complete the repair. I tried to submit the claims online but I wasn’t sure if I was really placing the request, so I ended up on the phone both times. The claims reps were very easy to get a hold of and very friendly. They seemed to be knowledgeable of the issues and said that they would get someone in touch with us within 24 to 48 hours, which was exactly what happened.

We had different company each time call us and schedule to come up here. The technicians were on time and were very courteous. They completed the work as promptly as they could given the difficulties they encountered. In fact, the furnace company technician was having issues and the owner of the company came to the house to assist. We are extremely satisfied with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. They do what they say they’ll do.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Nellie. We are ecstatic to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. We hope to keep providing you with efficient and easy service. Thank you so much for the review and your continued relationship with us.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

We had 2-10 when we purchased our house from the builder and have had them for eighteen years. When I submitted a claim, the reps were very informative, and gave me the information that I needed. Also, everything they told me that was going to happen with the repair happened just the way they said it was going to. Everything was taken care of efficiently and easily. The contractor was very active, pleasant, efficient, and did a great job. The result has turned out well, and it was an excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had 2-10 for about three years, and I'm fully satisfied each time I've placed a service call. The contractors have been polite, did their job, and then took care of the problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The fan motor on my air conditioner quit working and went bad. I submitted a claim and the contractor called me that night and was here the next morning. He's very honest, trustworthy, professional in every way and had a pleasant spirit about him. I wrote a letter of commendation about him and told 2-10 how pleased I was with him. I'd also like to have him in the future and will be staying with 2-10 Home Buyers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The air conditioner broke down. 2-10 couldn’t repair it so they had to replace it and make the modification. I had to put it on to keep it from exploding but it’s good enough to emit pressure. But 2-10 has got to follow the code. Everything's been good, but sometimes, I get shocked and I didn't like that. Then after I cool down, I found out it's not their fault. The government changed the code about the air conditioning. They had to come out and put them over me and then reconstruct things around. But they didn't come yet. They were scheduled for Monday then they called up to reschedule but I wasn't home. I called yesterday and they told me that they had left a message. I checked my cellphone and they did and they told me to call back to make an appointment. So they’re supposed to be here tomorrow. I'm satisfied and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

2-10 are providing my home structure warranty, so, I decided to go with the home warranty as well after the one-year expiration. The last claim was for a air-conditioning repair. It was handled correctly and they dispatched a technician to take care of it. Still, it was not completely working yet because I was out of town for three weeks, and they are supposed to replace a part and I have to schedule a time with them. The contractors were professional, working with them was good. Plus, the claims reps have been very helpful. 2-10 has been good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Alexander. We are very happy to hear that you have had a great experience with us. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to continue providing you with quality service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

The real estate agent recommended 2-10 when we purchased the house. We have submitted a claim for a small plumbing issue and the contractor was great. It was late in the day but they came out and took care of it, and I'm very satisfied with that. The only thing I wasn't happy about was everything was automated. It would have been nice to speak to someone because that's what I wanted.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Jan. 23, 2017

We ended up having a water heater installed as we could no longer wait for the contractor to do so. However, 2-10 customer experience contacted us and allowed us to submit the receipt from the purchase and have issued us a refund which we are very grateful for.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Andrea. This sounds like a very frustrating experience. I will forward your review to our customer experience team so that they can follow up with you. Thank you for your patience during this process, and we hope to turn this situation around.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My husband and I have been living in our house for about six months, upon close our 2-10 home warranty went into effect. We had to file our first claim on Friday January 13th when we discovered our hot water heater was leaking all over our basement. They sent Airfast Heating and Cooling out the next day, we paid our $100 deductible and hoped to have it repaired asap as we are without hot water. The Airfast employee stated the water heater was beyond repair and needed to be replaced, and said someone would be in contact with us soon. Fast forward to Monday January 16th and we did not hear from either company and still do not have hot water, in the dead of winter. My husband called 2-10 home warranty and they said no claim had been sent in yet by Airfast, they put him on hold so the rep could call Airfast.

After the rep talked to Airfast they said they do now have the claim and they are going to replace it but there would be an additional charge of $150 for installation and $125 for disposal of the old tank, and that someone would be in contact to get the new tank installed. This is absolutely ridiculous, had I know it was going to cost us this much to use our home warranty and not even have a date for the replacement I would have never filed a claim in the first place. I have never experienced such horrific customer service in my life. They classify a broken water heater as an emergency, yet were on day 4 and nothing has been accomplished. I would NEVER file another claim with this company. It is not worth the hassle and headache. Buyers of the 2-10 home warranty BEWARE.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Mary. We are overjoyed to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us. Thank you for your feedback and for 15 years of business. We look forward to 15 more.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Our realtor explained to us why it was a good idea to go with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, saying that this is the best one, and it surely was. We've been with them since 2002 when we moved into our home and we've never had a problem. Whenever we file a claim, they come right out and everything has been fixed. They've been helpful to me when I've asked questions. And when my refrigerator went out and they couldn't fix it, I got a new one.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Beverly. We will review your service providers from your claims. We hope to provide you only with great contractors from this day forward.Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The people that we bought our house from paid for the 2-10 warranty for a year. I call them and they send people out but it took almost two and a half weeks to fix my refrigerator. I felt that I should be number one on the list when I called them two weeks ago. The garbage disposal guy did well and the guy that came that checked our tub for us was nice but I wasn’t really happy with that guy they sent out for the ref. He did three different things to it. When the board was put in, he should have had information on it, because there are certain refrigerators that don’t cover everything on the board. Ours didn’t because it was a little older. So he came and removed a certain wire and then it started working. But each time, he put something different in and never had the part. He didn’t even have the tool to tell how cold our icebox was. This was just a bad deal. But we finally got one guy that was fine and he told me next time call him.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Donald. Thank you very much for the review. We are very happy to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with us thus far.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

So far, we've been very happy with 2-10. We had a couple of claims and they have responded quickly, and the people that they sent out did a good job. They were friendly and professional. A gentleman came yesterday to fix our heat pump, and when he found the problem, he said he had to order some parts. They called this afternoon and said the parts are in and the guy will come on Friday to fix the heat pump. Everybody's been pretty good so far. I would definitely recommend 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Eric. Thank you for giving us your feedback. We take your experiences very seriously. Your review will be examined by our customer experience team. We appreciate your 7 years of loyalty, and we hope to keep you for much more to come.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

For the seven years I have been with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, submitting a claim with them has been okay. I used to talk to a live person and I'd rather have that, but now it's automated and I know how things are nowadays. We've had numerous issues with our AC, and when the unit went down, the people that they sent were terrible. They came in an "orderly fashion" and found what was wrong, then they said they had to order parts. And when a week or so had passed, I called them and they gave me some excuse. When they finally got the parts, they came to fix it and something else was wrong. I told them we've been waiting for a long time to get the AC fixed. They sent the guy back out and he gave a big sob story where he's supposed to be married, either the same day or the next day. I told him I don't care because they had all the time to fix the AC and it's still not fixed. So I told 2-10 to not send that company again the next time I had problems.

I've also been disappointed that some of the stuff that I would think are covered aren't. And when we had to replace a microwave, there was a fee to take it away because I didn't have the premium service. But I shouldn't have to pay a" premium" to haul away stuff. As for the service guys who came, they were fine. They told me what was wrong and that some of the parts were obsolete, so we ended up having to get a new one. They ordered that and the guys came out in a timely manner.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Allen. Thank you for giving us your feedback. We take your experiences very seriously. Your review will be examined by our customer experience team so that someone can follow up with you about some of your negative experiences with our contractors. We appreciate your 18 years of loyalty, and we hope to keep you for much more to come.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

We've had 2-10 for 18 years. It's been easy to file claims but getting a quality service technician, depending on the claim, is iffy. I file the claim on the internet but I have to call the service company, and sometimes, the service person provided are questionable because I've had some really crappy contractors. 2-10 should take comments on their contractors to heart, and knock them off.

Although the last time I used the service was the best one yet. It was for my AC unit, where the fan motor had quit on the outside unit. A contractor came to assess it, and usually, they will tell what's wrong and they'll call 2-10 to order the parts, and when they get the parts, they'll schedule when to come back out. But this time, the guy had the part, so he called 2-10 and he was authorized to put the part in. That took him an hour but after he got the approval, he was done in five minutes.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Boden. We are very thrilled to hear that you have had an overall satisfying experience with us. We apologize for the time it took to complete repairs, and we hope to improve the speed of our service continually. Thank you for your review and continued business.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

We're happy we have 2-10. But when the furnace was not working, the technicians that they sent didn't get out here for three days because they were booked and everybody needed them, so we got sick. The gas company cut off our furnace with a tag, and since it's in the attic, nobody knew that. We're in our 80s, so we couldn't go up there. The service took time because it was right when it got cold and the contractor was backed up because everybody needed the same thing and that was not very good. So it was a slow time when we really needed it. But other than that, we had no problem with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Francisco. We are delighted to hear that you have had a great experience with us. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

We've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty ever since we bought the house and it’s really easy filing a claim with them. The contractors they send are great and I have no complaints. I’m just thankful to have 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you so much for the review Gladys. We hope to continue providing you with great service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Whenever I need to submit a claim with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, all I have to do is call them. Their reps are really good and the contractors they send are really nice, too. I would recommend 2-10 to others.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Francois. We are happy to hear that you have had an overall great experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and will take into consideration the difficulty you have had with us. Thank you for the review and support.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Most of the time, submitting a claim with 2-10 is great, but one time, I had a problem with the air conditioner and they couldn't find anybody to come to the house to repair it. So I fixed it myself. I was a little bit frustrated but there was nothing we can do because if they can't find somebody, they can not come to the place. But so far, the contractors who have serviced my appliances were very reasonable, respectful and nice. If somebody would ask me, I'd recommend 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty very highly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Nancy, we are disappointed to hear that you have had such a confusing experience with us. Your review will be forwarded to a customer experience representative along with your address so that we can further examine your claim. Thank you for your patience during this process.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

We bought a home in NC. Spent all our cash to purchase it. We spent the money for home inspectors, heat systems inspections, etc. It was not found to have issues with the boiler system but since unit was old we required a home warranty with house purchase. 2-10 came out and fixed immediate issue with heat pump but when we powered up the boiler and found that pipes under the house were broken things got out of hand. They told me it was a plumbing issue. Sent out plumbers who then said it was a heating issue so they then sent out heat repair guys but then sent out heat guys for the heat pump - not the boiler. Even after I called them beforehand (because I noticed something wasn't right) stating that they had an appointment for the wrong issue, they said, "No problem. You still won't be charged service fee again." I was hit with the service fee!!!

So now I am dealing with the bank (i.e. overdraft fees). 2-10 will only cover half the service fee and who cares about the overdraft fee? Not them!!! Just so frustrated and I still have no boiler that works and a heat pump that was repaired but should have been replaced. I work for a real estate company that sells these warranties.. Not sure how I now feel anymore about recommending them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile