3.33/5
Based on 1,190 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

PROS

• Structural warranties for new homes
  • Flexibility in selecting service providers
  • Provides essential coverage
  • Roof leak coverage available

CONS

• Service call fees can be high
  • Some state restrictions

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

03/07/2019

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was also proactive and thought ahead for me. They were gonna be calling me back if I had any other problems.

02/28/2019

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear from the contractor until Monday but we heard from them on a Saturday. They were out within 24 hours.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

• Systems and Appliances: With a Systems and Appliances plan, homeowners get the cost of a repair or replacement covered, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.
  • Structural Warranty: With a Structural Warranty, homeowners can protect their new construction home for up to 10 years from structural damage.

2-10 services plans are not available in Alabama, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Oklahoma or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is $30–$40 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which range from $75–$100. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
  • Built-in microwave
  • Disposal
  • Trash compactor
  • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 home warranty supreme protection: This add-on is available to real estate agents to add-on to a home buyers warranty. It adds protection for 40 additional items including appliances and plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.

2733 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 16, 2019

I've had 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for 11 years now and my last claim with them was with my plumbing. I usually call by phone to submit claims and I prefer doing it that way since I'm not too good with computers. Everything was pleasant with the contractor that came out recently for the plumbing repair. They explained what they were doing and what they found in the drain, and they did well. I've been recommending 2-10 to friends. They've been very good and I am very pleased with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Alveta, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for your support!

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is excellent. I’ve had them for a year now and working with any of their reps has been a good experience. All their contractors are okay, except for this bad guy who called me, so I was there. They don’t come on time, then I go out and they call me again. So, I said, “Give me five minutes,” and they’re using bad language. So, I cancelled it right away. So considering everything, I’m satisfied with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Abdul, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our services. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have a rental property and there was an issue with the water heater that also heats the house. The tenants contacted me back in early March. They didn't have any hot water and they didn't have any heat, and it was still winter time. I called 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and scheduled a service. During that time, 2-10 had a snowstorm, which was when they do the processing of approval and purchasing. From the time I placed the claim until it was repaired, it took about 11 days.

The technician went into the house and found that the unit needed to be replaced. He was able to get the hot water heater to work for a couple of hours one day. However, there were some issues with the part that was being sent with the wrong water heater. It wasn't an Aqua Center and the contractor called the warehouse where it was being sent as it was being shipped and found that it was the wrong one. They were able to stop it and repackage. They were able to get it fixed and the right one shipped. When we found out it was gonna take a while for the part to be shipped, the tech went back to the house and got the water heater temporarily running for the tenants to take showers a second time. It was frustrating but everybody was professional and responsive. They communicated with me, although it took a lot longer than what I expected.

I'm a real estate agent and Steven, our contact from 2-10, comes in through the office and gives us information multiple times throughout the year. I recommend 2-10 to all my clients. I am a realtor, so any time I list a house or any time I represent a buyer, I only use 2-10 because I am familiar with how the process goes and because of the relationship that my office has with Steven.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Anna, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been with 2-10 for three years now and the most recent claim was not a good one. The leak on the chimney was not covered and I was not aware of that. I thought I had the most comprehensive plan they offered. When I called, they checked my policy so that means it could've been covered under a different policy that I'm not aware of and that bothered me a little bit. Other than that, the gas water heater claim was fine. Their contractor came and turned everything on. It doesn't have any hot water and they managed that well on a Sunday so I paid extra. It was a service call and wasn't anything major.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Aldo, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with or if you have any mix-up like you described in this review, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for 14 years now and they're easy to work with. Whenever I have to file a claim, I usually do it online, then follow it up on the phone. Their claims process is simple. When my heating system continued to have an intermittent electrical problem, the contractor that came out was very knowledgeable and did a good job.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Anthony, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our service. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2019

I am on my 5th attempt to get an electrician to my house - I've had blue flames shoot out of my fuse box and I am currently without power to sections of my home. Early this morning I was put on "EMERGENCY" status, guess what? 2 pm and not one single call. Last company they sent me to did only commercial businesses. One before that didn't show up nor did they call, one before that didn't want to do business with 2-10. 1st one who was the same as the 3rd one (who I specifically asked them not to "send" - and they did anyway) and that time they went to a wrong address and instead of coming to me - cancelled out the work order. I wouldn't ever consider this company, nor will I extend the warranty. I would advise others considering this company to look elsewhere and get the best rated possible!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Joe. We are concerned to read that your claim is still unresolved. We also apologize for the difficulties you have faced with our contractors. Our escalation team will review your account, and we will reach out to you soon. We will do our best to remedy your experience and resolve this claim. Please send us a message if you need any additional support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2019

This is what I’m going through with 2-10. My boiler is down and not operating. Put in service request and 2-10 gave me a contractor. Contractor came out, I was told 75$ from 2-10 and contractor said $100 or he can't do the service. Of course 2-10 doesn’t want to reimburse me, they keep beating around the bush which means tough luck. Now the best part... Contractor condemned my unit. It is dangerous and can not be powered on. After 2 weeks of waiting I finally just got a call from 2-10.

I am now being told the contractor they provided are not in their service area? EVEN THOUGH THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO HAVE THEM COME OUT AND DIAGNOSE THE BOILER?! Just got off the phone with a woman named Patty from 2-10 and this is what she told me. Since there is no contractor in network in my area... Think about that. NO CONTRACTOR. I now need to call another contractor, come out and diagnose the boiler again. Then I must pay for the replacement boiler and install plus service call. I was told once that is done they will review my claim and see what they will give me. They will not help you. Just waste more of your money and stress you out while doing so. 2-10 is a scam and I am reporting them to Better Business Bureau.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Justin, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the lack of contractors in your region. However, it is standard procedure to offer an out of network contractor option if we do not have any available service providers. We do understand how inconvenient this may be and our escalation team will review your case. We will do our best to remedy your experience and resolve this claim. Please send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: April 15, 2019

We bought a new house last year. When our oven didn't work due to some connection problems, I called 2-10. Filing the claim was very easy. The technicians who came were excellent and they explained to me and showed me what was wrong with the oven. It was just quick, easy, and efficient. Our issue was handled properly and promptly. That was what we wanted.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings, we are thrilled to learn that you had a quick and easy experience with our services. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I assumed the 2-10 warranty when I purchased my house and when I was asked if I wanted to continue with the services, I said yes and I’ve been with them ever since. It’s been 17 years. The technician came out and worked on my air conditioning the other day. He replaced a fan motor and it seems to be working adequately right this minute. He did it in a timely manner. They called within a proper amount of time and I have had this experience 97% of the time. Everything has been working good with 2-10. I've been very satisfied with the service over the years. They cover just about everything for a little extra expense. The difference in the coverage isn't too much and they don’t overcharge. They have a decent rate. I haven’t had to use them too much but it’s good to know I got them when I need them. They provide service to help keep things maintained and I’m happy with everything so far.

I won't be changing to anybody else for the time because I like them and at that price, it's very reasonable. They should try to keep their price where they're at because they beat some of the others good. They also informed me when they got new products available and every time I called, they responded correctly. There was one time when the contractor came out, took the money and never came back. I called it back in and 2-10 sent somebody else out promptly. They didn't charge me the deductible. It was the worst experience I've had with 2-10 but it wasn't bad because they fixed it. I didn't have nothing to worry about and they made it seamless. They pushed all the right buttons, they were good and I'm gonna stay with 2-10. They should keep up the good work they’re doing and keep the rate as low as possible.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Alex, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our service. Thank you for your support. We value your feedback and your continued business!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I’ve been with 2-10 since we purchased our home in October and when I submitted the claim for my dishwasher, I did it online. The process was very easy and within two days, they got the contractor out. He was a well-seasoned plumber and very professional. The quality of work was good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Ann, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I’ve made two calls with 2-10 and one of them was resolved. I 2-10 for the heat pump and paid the guy 100 bucks and I was on my way. On the other hand, I also called them for a sump pump and they couldn’t find a service provider for me. I called my own guy who I found on HomeAdvisor. Their total charge was $105, so I didn’t file a claim because I’d have to pay 100 anyway. So far, I seem to be happy with my home warranty. It wasn’t like some warranties that you buy and then at the end of it, not being able to use them ‘cause it’s crap. But 2-10 seem to be pretty good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Andrew, it is exciting to read that you are enjoying our services. We value your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 15, 2019

My wife saw a leak and there's no water pressure at the sink, so it was time for me to call 2-10. Their rep explained what would happen and the $100 service fee. We've been assigned a contractor then we got reassigned another contractor because of issues with time. So we still haven't resolved the issue because nobody has been here for the plumber. I work at night and my wife works during the day. Also, the techs said they'd come in during the day but they didn't get here by 6:00 and I gotta go to work.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Anthony, our escalation team has been notified immediately of your feedback and is working on trying to remedy your experience. We apologize for the lack of follow up thus far. An escalation specialist will contact you shortly to discuss this further.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I heard about 2-10 through our realtor. She just did have a good experience, and so we trusted her. We then got it when we were getting ready to sell the home. With the home inspection, they noticed that something was not right with the system. So, we had them inspect it, and that was what they said that was needed. We submitted a claim over the phone and it was all pretty good. The contractors they sent out were great. I would recommend this company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Amanda, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors and services. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: April 14, 2019

I’ve had 2-10 for a quite a bit now, maybe about 10 years, and my experience has been pretty good. In terms of the claims process, all that is fine. But lately, I’ve noticed that the coverage has changed and it doesn’t cover a lot now. I end up spending some more money out-of-pocket, which was not the case before. Then as far as the technicians who come out, that has come down a bit too. Especially since I’ve been with 2-10 for many years, I’ve noticed some degradation.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Abraham, we are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our services, If you ever need any assistance with our claim, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My experience with 2-10 and their customer service has been pretty good. Some of the techs I've interacted with have been good as well.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Alicia, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 14, 2019

Our first year with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was from November 2017 until November 2018, then we re-upped for a second year. I filed my most recent claim with them online, but I got some mix-up where I put in a claim for my garbage disposal, but the HVAC guy called me. I said I didn’t have a problem with HVAC and I have a problem with the garbage disposal. So, I called in to correct the problem, then 2-10 sent a plumber over to take a look at the garbage disposal. It took two days to have the plumber come out, although I got a phone call saying they would come the next day. So, it was a total of about four days because I usually got a call within a day to schedule the appointment, then they tried to schedule it the next day. The garbage disposal was leaking and the plumber installed the new one. He was a nice guy.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has been good so far. I have had a couple of problems with a couple of people that have come and serviced and when I had a complaint, because I had a couple of knuckleheads come on a toilet problem, they reimbursed me the $100 that I had to pay. One guy told me that the floor was rotted underneath it and I was gonna have to replace the floor before he could fix the toilet. Another guy told me he fixed it and I had my wife flush the toilet, but it was still leaking downstairs. I ended up calling my own guy to come and fix it and it cost me $35 to fix it, and I haven’t had a problem since. I went outside of home warranty because they wouldn’t service it anymore because one of the guys said it had a crack, although there was no crack in the toilet.

I was a little disappointed that 2-10 wouldn’t cover the toilet because somebody else said that there was a crack. They should have at least sent somebody out to look at the toilet to see if it actually had a crack because it obviously didn't have a crack. I haven’t had a problem since my guy fixed it for $35. They gave me a hard time about that particular thing and I wasn’t happy about it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Andy, we are thrilled to learn that you had an overall positive experience with our organization. However, we apologize for the disappointment with this denial. If you ever need any additional assistance, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 14, 2019

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has always been the warranty that my lead agent has used, but I was doing all the scheduling for her. I submitted a claim for the water heater and it started out well. The only qualm I have was the long wait times when I would call 2-10. I would get a different person and they wouldn’t know what was going on with the case. One time, I thought it was moved through to a certain level, then I called back and I talked to somebody who didn’t understand what that was. We had to start back over with talking to the vendor again and getting it certified that it was approved. It was slow in the process, but, in the end, it all worked out.

I was there when the contractor came out. They were 2 hours late and when they didn’t have the right part, and I had to leave the property after being there for four hours, they didn’t wait on me. They decided to take another call then came back, so it ended up being that I had to wait another hour because they wouldn’t wait until I got back. I had been there from 10:00 AM to 2:00, then they went and completed it. Simply Plumbing was their name. They were nice, but I would never use them again.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Abigail, we are happy to learn that we were able to resolve your recent claim. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free to send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I had a claim for my dishwasher and the experience was pretty good. I submitted that claim over the phone and the representatives there were good. Then the contractor came out and fixed the unit within a week and a half. But it took a little longer than I expected to get my appointment set up because there was some confusion at the beginning. Nobody ever called me back about setting up my appointments. But once I got somebody to call me back, it was pretty fast. The technician was awesome too. He had my dishwasher fixed super quickly.

I also had an issue about my hot water heater and getting my initial service set up took over 10 phone calls to various people. It was taking a week which, without hot water, is kind of an issue. It was actually really my realtor who fixed everything for me. She got involved with the 2-10 person who is her local representative to tell them that I had been trying to schedule services for over a week and that I had to give up and replace my own hot water heater. But I was happy that once 2-10 found out the situation, they were like, “Oh my God. That’s awful.” They were like, “That’s not supposed to happen.” So my experience was a little different getting started but everything got resolved to my satisfaction. 2-10 reimbursed me for my hot water heater and I was very happy with the final outcome.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Amanda, it is exciting to read that we were able to turn your experience around for the better. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I’m happy with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. It’ll be 14 years in September that I've had them and every time I needed something done, they came through for me. The experience has been very good. I had a question about this last thing that I had done though. The hot water heater went out on me and they replaced it but I was charged $244 more. But that aside, I’ve been satisfied with 2-10 and I would recommend them to someone else. In fact, I did that yesterday to a neighbor. 2-10's customer service is very good and the technicians they send out are very professional and of very good quality.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Alba, it is exciting to read that you have had an excellent experience with our service. Thank you for your years of loyalty! We appreciate your 14 years of support and continued business.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I have had coverage with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for a couple of months now. I filed a claim for the heating system on the 18th of March and the tech who serviced the air conditioner was very good. He had to order a part and he got it installed last week. Hopefully, it will work. I also had to call in for my well, but 2-10 didn’t cover anything with that at all, so I don’t know if having the warranty is really worth it or not. Also, being that I gotta pay $100 upfront, it might have been cheaper just to hire someone. Still, while one claim didn't work, the other one was okay.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Alicia, it is encouraging to read that you have had an overall positive experience with our company. We do, however, appreciate your suggestions on ways we can improve our services. Please send us a message if you require additional support. We value your feedback and your continued business.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Our dishwasher was leaking water. When I submitted a claim for its repair to 2-10 Home Buyers over the phone, it was really easy. Their reps explained everything to me since I had no idea what I was doing. They walked me through the process. My claim was handled very promptly and professionally. 2-10 recommended a plumber and that plumber came out and got our problem taken care of for us.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Amanda, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

Original review: April 13, 2019

We bought the house and it came with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. When we bought the house, the person who did the home inspection said that the garbage disposal had a crack in it and that it would probably leak if it was full. I submitted a claim for the garbage disposal and it went fine. I called up and talked to a guy. He said it sounded like it was not working right. I was as certain as one can be without going in there and taking it out that it wasn’t working right. He said they would make an appointment and would get the person to contact me. The company called me very promptly the next day and said they will be out the next day. Everything was fine. The guy showed up and looked at the thing. He said there was no crack in it and it was not gonna leak and that home inspectors sometimes try to find every possible flaw.

Then, he said the garbage disposal was fine and that the problem was the drain pipe, which didn’t have enough pitch to it so that everything didn’t go the way it was supposed to go, and it could clog up. He also said there was nothing he could do about that since that was the way they were all built in this community. He even went out to the truck and brought a piece of plastic pipe and showed us what it looked like. Fundamentally, the only problem I had with the whole affair was that we paid 70 bucks for the guy to tell us that and do nothing. It was not a good experience.

He said maybe if he would call 2-10 up and tell them he didn’t do any work, he could maybe get me not to pay the thing. Then, I never heard from him again. I know that didn’t happen and I'm sure if he charged 2-10 something, then we are gonna have to pay that. On the whole, everything from 2-10's end was fine, but from the plumber’s end, it wasn’t. The thing turns on and we hear a sound, but when we tried it out and put some stuff in there, it backed up and it didn't seem like it wanted to go down the drain easily. We were afraid to use it. If it was potentially cracked and could leak, we wondered why not get somebody out here to do something about it. We figured he was gonna replace it, but he said it was a really nice unit and there was nothing he could do about the pipe.

There are two sinks. The garbage disposal is on one side and the other side is the plain drain, but the two things are straight across. When you use the garbage disposal, whatever you're disposing of has to go across the other drain, but it doesn’t go down. It goes up to get out of there, so I don’t see how anything could ever get out of there unless you were running a fire hose to it. He didn’t wanna try to change the drain when he found that the garbage disposal was okay, so his final statement was there was no solution to the problem.

At that point, my wife said what was the point of even having garbage disposal if I could not use it. We are very gingerly putting tiny things because the guy said we can put this and that. We got the list that is so long. He said no eggshells, no onions. What was the purpose of the advice if you couldn't do anything? I don’t know how much of that is true or not because I don’t know how every other home in this place is. The people who owned the house before have somehow lost or misplaced or didn’t have the black rubber, circular plunge that you use. The plumber brought one of those from the truck, so we could plunge the thing. Otherwise, if you plunge it, it is just gonna go back and forth between the two sinks. You have to close the other sink. He got that for us and we paid $70 for a stopper. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with the 2-10 part. The guy was very prompt.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ted, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 12, 2019

December 1st was our first day in the house and within two weeks of moving in, the furnace went. We kept calling 2-10 but we couldn't get anybody. So we went ahead and called somebody because it was during the holidays. The guy first told us he could smell gas down there. It was real prevalent. Then they were telling us it was gonna be $16,000. So we called 2-10 and they sent Dunrite out. They looked at it and said there was nothing wrong with it, except for the little switch that turned the blower on and off. I guess it was getting tripped. He said he would be back and he came back after Christmas. He bypassed the area that would turn it off and let the blower keep blowing. He told us that was why there was a gas smell – because it wasn’t getting blown out.

But we called because we had smelled gas too, not inside the house but outside. The gas company said that they couldn't find any gas leak. On the day Dunrite came out to do the testing, it was really windy and we’ve got a crawlspace underneath the bottom floors. So I thought he probably wouldn't get an accurate rating. He told us everything was okay but we kept smelling gas. We called 2-10 and told them we didn't want the Dunrite people. We wanted somebody else. They sent out Air Agents and they were gonna be doing something. But we had to wait two weeks for them to come out to look at it.

In the meantime, one of the neighbors was walking the dog and they could smell gas really bad. They thought that if they had a lighter and lit it, they might blow the neighborhood up. So the gas company came in. There were police and the fire department. They also notified the hospitals and they were banging on our door. They thought we were dead or somebody in the house was dead. They cut the gas completely off and went down there. Guess what? The heater was melted. They said we were lucky that it had turned itself off because if it hadn't, we would have had a bad explosion. There was so much gas. Then we called 2-10 and said that we needed somebody to come out right then.

That happened in February. Basically, we’ve been waiting for something to be done to it since December. During the coldest parts of the year, it’s not on. But now, it’s getting hot and we need it for the air conditioner but it’s still not fixed. We took possession on December 1st and we haven’t had a heater. Now, we can’t use an air conditioner downstairs.

Air Agents was fine but they were going back and forth with 2-10 on what the heater was and how big it was. They were gonna send a 2-and-a-half-ton and it’s a four-ton that’s down there. So the company said the same one that’s down there would have to be put in. Then they were asking if it was an 80% or a 90%, and ours is a 90%. Last week, one was finally sent down here to North Carolina but it was an 80% and we can’t use that. So Air Agents sent that back.

Jackie said 2-10 cannot go back and forth with us again on anything because they already know what’s needed. She was copying us on the emails that she was sending to them but 2-10 kept coming back and asking the same old questions. Then each time they asked different ones, Jackie would say the answer was in there. She finally asked why they couldn't just look up the serial number and they said they don't do that. It was very odd. They kept going back and forth. We haven’t even been given a timeframe yet and it’s been about five months that we haven’t had anything done.

On the other hand, we had another claim. The refrigerator died so we called 2-10 and they sent a guy out yesterday. He told us it might be a week but when he heard about the furnace, he said he would call around. He called his boss and told him how our furnace had been out for five months. Then he went and found the part. He came out and fixed it on the same day. It had to be a specific board for general electric appliances and I would have understood it if they couldn't find one and had to order that. But that was an all-around feel-good situation. He was so nice.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Alison, we are excited to learn that you had a great experience with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our services. If you ever have an issue, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had a plumbing issue so I called 2-10. I did it through my mobile and that was easy. Someone came out but at first, the issue wasn’t resolved. When he left, I still had the leak. So then I called again. The company came back without a charge and they fixed it. But aside from that, the guy also had a little of an attitude the first time he came out. It was as if we created a problem for him that was more than what I had called for. But I didn’t think it was a bigger problem and I didn’t know that he had to snake the main line. When he came back the second time, he had a little bit of a friendlier attitude. But in the beginning, I honestly didn’t wanna work with the company anymore. When I called 2-10 though, they told me that that’s who they prefer to use so I had to use them. If I chose to use my own, I would have had to pay out-of-pocket. So I just went with the same people. They weren’t the best to work with but they were okay.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Akira, we are thrilled to learn that you had a satisfying experience with our company. However, we are disappointed to learn that you have had some problems with our service providers. If you ever have any contractor issues in the future, please send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We bought a house and the seller purchased 2-10 warranty for us. And then the second we moved in, the hot water tank wasn’t working. There was a leak behind our brand new shower. The piping wasn’t welded correctly. I contacted our realtor, who then told me to contact 2-10. I called them and I got through immediately. Getting the service set up was very easy. Although I had to cancel the next day because the seller contacted me and came then fixed the issues for us. I was on hold for about 20 minutes when I called 2-10 that second time, but it wasn’t a big deal.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Alexandria, thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to continue providing you with quality service.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We're a retired couple and it's nice to know what we're gonna have to pay if anything goes wrong. Things have been great for us with 2-10. There's been nothing they haven't covered. However, I had a plumbing incident one time when I wasn't pleased with their contractor who was from out of Charlotte. They messed up our faucets in our bathroom. We took the ones that they put in out and put in the ones that were there initially. We tried to get replacement parts from Moen because we were not pleased with what the contractor did. I told 2-10 that I don't want that company back at my place.

Another time, when our fan went out in the family room, their contractor put up the wrong fan. They didn’t get our permission and they made a mess. 2-10 sent another contractor out to take it down and put up the one that we wanted. However, we had to pay an exorbitant amount of money for the heat pump downstairs as they said that the problem was with stuff that wasn't covered. I didn't understand why we had to pay so much. For the first heat pump claim, we had over $800 that we had to pay as our share. For the second claim for the heat pump upstairs, that went well and our share was $54. It was wonderful. Customer service with 2-10 has been great as well. If I want a particular contractor for our heating system, I just say Tyson and they give me that contractor every time.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Amanda, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if you ever have any claim that you would like additional assistance with, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 12, 2019

My recent claim with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was for plumbing. We have a hole in the wall and I’m not sure where the leak is coming from. They also couldn't find where the leak was coming from and we got no resolution. The plumber said, “Call us back if you figure it out,” so I don’t know what my next steps are. It was a week ago and I thought I would hear something, but I haven’t.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi LeeAnn, we are thrilled to learn that you had an overall positive experience with our organization. Your feedback has been sent to our team to offer you additional assistance. We will do our best to quickly resolve your claim. Please send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: April 12, 2019

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was purchased for us by the seller of our home and we have had coverage since January. Our toilet downstairs was overflowing multiple times to the point where it was extending into other rooms and we got here a plumber. I had contacted them and he said that he could come out of their regular hours to help us. They came out right that day to take care of it. They had made it like an emergency so that they would come within 24 hours. The gentleman came at about 8:30 that night.

When they rootered the pipes, there were baby wipes that were left over from whoever had lived there before us and it was causing a blockage of all of the pipes in the home. The plumber said it might haunt us for a while and he would like to come out with a larger machine to try and fully clear out the pipes because he knew that he didn’t get everything, but he got enough to get us by and it has been good.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there, Amie, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Also, if your unit stops working again and you need our assistance, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had coverage with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty since we moved in 2014 and I've had it for two different houses. They had more options with the standard package than the other companies. I filed a claim for the heating system online and there were so many options but it was easy once you figure it out. You pick a general thing then, you gotta put notes in the bottom. I got a call the same day and I had a contractor out within a day or two. The contractor came out and we found out it was a very simple fix. All he had to do was the sensor. He had to clean it off and he was there for 10 minutes. Everything worked fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Adam, it is exciting to read that you have had such a positive experience with our company. We value your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for your support!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I've had the 2-10 home warranty for more than 10 years and have never had any issues with them. Submitting claims has been pretty straightforward. I call 2-10's number, give them the address and explain what the issue is. I like talking to a person. It is a lot easier to explain the situation than going through a website. They then send out a technician to fix the issue I have going on at the house. For the most part, the contractors have been respectful with the exception of one. But I contacted 2-10 and had him replaced by somebody else. Contractors are usually polite and mindful of the house. They come in with slippers on their feet so they're not tracking dirt and mud through the house. Plus, they explain what the issue is and then fix it. But as the house got older, the yearly contract's price increased. It would be great if it was a fixed price.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Anthony, we are thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
Limited roof leak$1,000/term
Septic system$500/term
Swimming pool$1,000/term
Well pump$500/term
Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
*Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
  2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
  3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
  4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information