2.72/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, we are in the business of keeping promises. We understand that keeping promises makes our customers happy. Just ask the 5.5 million homeowners, thousands of home builders, service contractors and real estate professionals that have worked with us over our 35 years in business. We offer the most comprehensive coverage for your home systems and appliances and offer 24/7 customer service. Long Live Happy Homes!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

1188 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Unfortunately our 2 year old refrigerator stopped working. We contacted 2-10 and it took them multiple service providers to finally find one that would accept to repair it. After another 10 days waiting for a part to arrive to find out the problem was different and the refrigerator could not be repaired (too expensive vs a new one). After waiting for another week to receive an offer to have it replaced by an inferior model or cash, we found out they have quoted a standard depth vs a counter depth refrigerator... Another 3 business days to have a "research department" sending out an email with a revised quote. That is where I am now.

Their customer care is useless, their claims department just bureaucrats, the purchasing department rude and would not allow you to speak with a supervisor or a manager. Every call won't last less than 30min and they always ask you to explain what has happened, despite keeping all the records. They always repeat back to me what I have discussed with other attendants, after I described the issue. 2-10 process is designed to wear you out, so you accept the worst possible deal out of their "warranty". Try to get another company a bit more expensive, but with a good customer service and a process that cares about their customers. I still cannot believe their lack of urgency when someone says in every call that is without a working refrigerator for a month...

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Marco. Thank you for leaving a review based on your experience with this most recent claim. I am very concerned to hear about your experience and to hear you have been without a fridge for a month. I am escalating this right away so that we can try to turn this around for you. Thank you and we will be in touch shortly.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We have had 2 service calls that have lead to us paying $100 for their service tech to come out and find a reason they don't have to cover it. Then we have to pay out of pocket for the expenses. The warranty and runaround to try to get them to cover anything makes it completely useless. I planned to continue the warranty yearly, obviously that's no longer happening.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Katie. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately, our policy prohibits us from covering certain issues that arise in your home. This is not us trying to give you "the warranty run around," this is just us following our policy. We would however be more than happy to dispute your denial and have an escalation team take another look into this. If this is something you are interested in, please send us a reply. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This company is a joke. They're only in it to benefit themselves. We filed a claim for our broken air unit and they sent one of their contracted companies out (of course) to estimate the job. The person who came give us a quote of $500-$600 to repair, but also told us we really needed to install a whole new unit because ours was so old and rusted all throughout. I called 2-10 and was told they don't help you replace your unit, only repair what is damaged at the time. I also was recommended another company to use by someone whom we trusted. I asked 2-10 if we could use this person and was told they're not in 2-10's "network" and that we would have to do all of this extra stuff to use them. We didn't want to use a company we don't trust, so we decided to proceed with the people we chose.

We did all the steps they told us to and had our company call in with their quote to repair our unit and then received a call from 2-10 that they would give us half of what our job costs since we are going outside of their "network" and that we also have to pay out of pocket for the job first and then "apply" to be reimbursed the half amount; basically punishing us for using someone we trusted. What it comes down to is 2-10 is probably contracted with these specific companies because they have some sort of "deal" worked out between them where they get some sort of reimbursement or benefit when the customer uses them and they punish you if you use someone you trust.

We explained the fact that this was wrong and that they should not sway your decision on a company, but they were not interested in listening, instead just kept repeating the fact that we would have to pay for our job upfront and apply to be reimbursed. They are in this only for them and couldn't give two ** about their customers. I would not use this company nor would I recommend them whatsoever.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Mary. I am concerned to hear about your experience. I am going to escalate your claim to see if there is anything else we can do to help turn this around for you. Thank you for your feedback and we will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We were protected by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty since 2011 as it came with our house when we bought it. I've only had claimed for my refrigerator so far because it was not made too well, so it keeps failing on me. I have submitted my claim both online and over the phone and the contractors that come out are very nice. They keep coming out every six months to fix the problem.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Diana. Thank you for the lovely review. we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our contractors and with our services. We appreciate your support.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Two days after I purchased my new house, I called to open a claim with 2-10 because the ceiling above my downstairs bathroom collapsed with water damage. They dispatched a plumber from 90 minutes away, who spent 10 minutes at my house and told me everything looked fine! A few days later, I found the leaks were coming from a couple of sink and toilet supply lines that I had turned off since I wasn't moved into the house yet and didn't want any nasty surprises (ha ha!). I turn off the water at the street and call 2-10 again and inform them that I want a different plumber, and after a few more days they tell me they can't find another plumber in network so I should get my own and apply for a reimbursement.

Once my local plumber came and verified the leaks at the shut-off valves, he called 2-10 to report his findings and get approval, which -- of course! -- they denied. After trying to pressure him to say the damage was pre-existing, which he obviously wasn't able to verify, they made the determination that the valves must have always been bad because I've only owned the home for two weeks, and I would not be reimbursed. If they were going to deny the claim based on how long I've owned the house, then why not say that at the get-go and save two weeks of my life?

I have since tried four times to call their claims department to get an actual explanation, and I have been disconnected, re-routed twice, and disconnected, respectively. Finally, I was told by one of their customer service operators that in order to talk to claims, I would have to lie and say I was a contractor, otherwise I would just continue to have my call re-routed. I did that, but I've been waiting on hold for a half hour now. This is the kind of service you can expect from 2-10. They are basically a scam, determined not to pay out, with terrible customer service, and incompetent professionals.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Michael. Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. After reading through your review, I am going to submit a denial dispute to my escalation team. They will review your denial and decide whether is will stand or be overturned. They will also provide you with the explanation of the denial that you are looking for. Thank you again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This company is nothing short of a complete and utter scam. We have had this coverage for over a year and recently filed our first claim, to repair a leak in our AC. At first everything seemed fine - an AC company came out, we got a diagnosis, and 2-10 said the whole thing was covered (per two conversations with separate employees). Fast forward to today and now 2-10 has decided none of the work is covered. We receive a call today stating that ductwork is not included despite the fact that it is listed as an included item on everything we have ever received from this company. Do not waste your money on this garbage coverage... I highly doubt this is an isolated incident and most likely is just the way this place does business.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Jessica. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with outcome of your claim. I will have my team look over your claim once more. They will decide whether or not this denial is sound or should be overturned. They will also provide you with an explanation if the denial still stands. Thank you for your feedback.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

First let me start by saying this company has the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. August 9 we submitted a claim to have our tankless hot water heater services due to it not producing hot water again. Back in February a claim was submitted for this same problem. 2-10 sent out one of their contractors who said it needed a part replaced. No big deal right? Well after waiting about a month with no hot water, sounds like a good time right, we followed up with the contractor and 2-10 and was told the part was shipped to the wrong address. Things happen. I understand that. So they shipped a new part again and it was fixed for a temporary time.

Now to the most recent problem. We filed the claim in August for the water heater once again. 2-10 sent out the same contractor and since they do not service Bosch brand water heaters, 2-10 said they would try to find another contractor. But just remember this was the same contractor that replaced a part back in March. Well after they couldn't find a contractor 2-10 authorized us to find an "out of network" contractor who could work on the unit. We found a company who was licensed and insured per 2-10's rules and regulations. We paid the service fee for the contractor and after waiting about 45 minutes on the phone to speak to someone, the contractor gave 2-10 the diagnosis saying the entire unit needed to be replaced. And the contractor also told 2-10 multiple times that the unit was not in code with Tennessee laws due to it being an open burner unit. So they gave 2-10 the price of the replacement with labor.

Was told we would hear back from 2-10 in 48 hours with a decision. Well after calling them at the 48 hour mark we were told because of the price it had to go to the high dollar team and would hear back in 24 hours. What do you know? We never heard back in those 24 hours and I had to call once again to figure out what was going on. Well after getting the run around once again 2-10 said they didn't like the price they were given and would find one of their contractors do come look at it. This is after we were told they didn't have any that could work on it and we needed to find a contractor. Oh and this is about a month after we submitted the claim.

So we wait another week and 2-10 found a contractor that would come out and service the unit. I know you're reading this thinking, “That's great you will finally have hot water.” Guess again, the contractor came out Monday and said the unit needed to be replaced and we would hear back in 2 days. Well after 3 days I called the contractor and was told I would get a call back. Still haven't heard back from them. So I called 2-10, I explained everything the contractor said and I was told they would reach out to the contractor and I would hear back from 2-10 by the end of the day. Who would of guessed I still haven't heard back from either one. So we are still sitting here with our hot water heater not working which makes taking showers very interesting.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

HI Josh. Thank you for providing a thorough review on your experience with us thus far. I am escalating your claim right away so that we can try to turn this around for you.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I am incredibly frustrated with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. I bought a house and my realtor selected this company for my home warranty. I have had 2 claims with them and they have been completely subpar in terms of a normal service. On the first claim, I got assigned several contractors that simply didn't contact me or called me once and never called back or left a way to contact them. I had to beg customer service at 2-10 to find me someone quickly to come and fix the issue. Then the service provider came, and was supposed to come back and give me an estimate of the work and never called back again.

Second time had the same experience, after 2 companies were assigned one after the other, with no follow up calls, I had to call and beg for customer service to find me someone quickly. Then the service guy came and did some work, but they said that their policy would not allow them to fix the problem, only patch it (Leak on an AC, which is known to be a defect and refilling the gas is just a simple patch). I then called again because the issue reappeared a week or 2 later. The service provider they assigned gave me a 4 hour window one day to not show up or call. And I have been waiting for the last 3 weeks to get someone to call me or follow up on this.

My experience with 2-10 is that they find the cheapest, most unprofessional service providers to serve their customers. That reflects what they stand for. I am very busy and calling during the week is difficult, but guess what, they don't have any service over weekends. Good to know in case of an emergency. I am at a loss with this company. Don't know what to do other than camping on the phone during the week hours and see if they are willing to help.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Andres. Thank you for your feedback on your claim experience. I am going to send this to my escalation team to review. We will follow up with you today and try to remedy this situation. Thank you for contacting us through Consumer Affairs and we will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Washer repair. First year same problem after service completed. Second year Hot Water Heater started leaking, gave 2 to 10 all info and they sent two (2) guys out late to look out and collect 100 dollar deductible. Came up with some BS line that exhaust wasn't up to code which is funny as home inspector said everything was up to code. They wanted to charge us 500 dollars on top of 100 deductible. They told me they would give me 875 dollars to put in myself but backed amount off to 750 dollars? Now the Pool Heater, said they had approved repair two times are now denying it. This insurance policy is as good as "Toilet Paper".

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Mark. i appreciate your review on your experience with us. I am interested in understanding how this was denied when your home inspector stated that your unit was up to code. I am going to send this to my team to do some further investigation. Thank you and we will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Filed a claim on 9/17/17. They sent out one firm who said AC was dead and too old to get parts. Second company confirmed this assessment. When I asked how much out of pocket for me I was told $75. Service fee and possibly the disposal fee. Now our bill is up to $1742. When I purchased the warranty I was told to get HVAC plus now they say you should have bought HVAC supreme. I was told Monday October 2nd that the unit would be ordered on the 3rd and would be in in 5 Days. Called today Oct 6 and the parts haven't even been ordered yet, it will be Oct 9 now, with another 5 Days until they are received. Beyond frustrated with 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Debra. The delay in getting the parts for your unit has got to be frustrating. I will do what I can to have someone follow up with you on this claim. Thank you for your cooperation and feedback.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Our freezer/refrigerator started to work intermittently. We called and contractor came 8/23. Diagnosis was needs new circuit board. It was ordered and then reordered and then reordered and here we are... still waiting. DO NOT fall for the extra coverage where your appliances will be replaced at market value. It is a sham.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Todd. I am concerned to hear that we had to reorder your unit multiple times. I am going to send this in to see if there is anything we can do to expedite this process for you. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We've had our 2-10 coverage since April and our experience has not been going very smoothly. We had air conditioner problems and the initial person that came out diagnosed it as a possible leak and tried to fill it. Then, it broke 10 days later and it leaked again. He just filled it and put a leak stop in it. Ten days later, it was messed up again. I called but he never called back after four messages left. So, it's been a problem. We contacted 2-10 and we were told that we could go outside of the network because we weren't getting any luck, but that they would not pay much. We had a 16-year old air conditioner, so it had the more expensive Freon in it, which is $125 a pound. And they said, they'd pay $12 a pound for it. So, it was not a good experience at all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greeetings Joann. I am disappointed to hear that you have not had a very satisfying experience with us. Would you reply to this message with property address? I would like to escalate this for you and see if there is anyway to help your claim. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have paid my monthly fees to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for over 11-1/2 years. For most of that time - any service I needed was handled, albeit sometimes slow in getting a service appointment. And at least once - with a service contractor that took my service fee - and never completed the repair. 2-10 did rectify the situation - and the problem, as all other problems were fixed. I was a satisfied customer. The issue has become my rooftop [on top of a 3 story building!] air conditioning unit. It has required constant maintenance - and has had Freon run out every few months, over the last two years. I would call 2-10 - they would send someone - the service provider would put in Freon - tell me there is a leak in the unit - and be done.

Then in a few months - the process would repeat. Until May of this year - when I was told that nobody in the Memphis area could service my unit any longer - because it was on top of a 3 story building and for liability purposes needed a commercial AC company, not a residential. I had to find my own provider - and 2-10 would reimburse. Upon many recommendations - I found someone familiar with maintaining units on my building - called him and he put in Freon. His reaction was "Your unit is a mess. I don't know how much longer you are going to be able to have it hold the charge." Sure enough - 6 weeks later, it needed it again. Then 4 weeks later. Now it only holds a charge for two weeks (we use our air a lot in Memphis). After many tests - the evaporator coil has to be replaced. Altogether - I spent $1000 on Freon over the course of 3 months.

The issue then became - because it is a "package" unit on top of a 3 story building - replacing the evaporator coil would cost about $4,500 (crane, parts, labor, etc.). While replacing the entire unit would cost $5,500. My contractor supplied this information to 2-10 and from there... it's gone into a horribly bad customer service experience. Nobody at the company can help me with my claim. I talk to customer service people - who are nice and sympathetic - who will pass it along to their supervisor to "escalate" the case. Then I am told it had to go to a "high dollar claim" dept. I am told it had to go to an "out of network" claim dept. (remember - 2-10 is the one who told me to find someone else).

Nobody can give me a name or number of anyone to talk to in either department. I have explained “Look, tell me how much you would cover for the evaporator coil and I will pay for a new unit in its entirety - as long as I can get your contribution of what you would have paid for the coil.” Sounded fair to me, they end up paying a smaller claim $$$ - I get a new unit that will save us all dollars in the long run. Win-win. I can't tell you if it sounded fair or not to 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, because after week after week of waiting and calling - I can't get anyone at 2-10 to call me back. They say they will... and I believe them at the time. But nobody does. I have talked to customer service people who say... “I can't believe how nice you are being about this...” And yet - nothing. I have pages of notes on dates/times called - who I have talked to. And nothing....

So my advice to anyone out there reading this - keep shopping for a home warranty, DON'T use 2-10. After all the years of me faithfully paying my premiums, they seem to be like all big companies - they could care less whether they keep one customer happy or not. I guess they figure - so we lose him, we can get another. That's why I decided I am going to use my voice as a consumer with a choice - by letting anyone I know - or can reach - about my experience with working with 2-10. Between forums and social media - maybe it can make a difference so that ultimately they either make a change in their level of service as a company... or not. In the meantime - my next stop is the Better Business Bureau.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Todd. After reading through your review, I want to apologize to you. I am so sorry for the stress and confusion this claim has caused you. We appreciate your responsiveness and cooperation despite our lack of next steps in dealing with your unit. I will send this to an escalation team and we will be in touch shortly.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

REALTORS, HOME BUYERS, AND HOME SELLERS - BEWARE AND STAY AWAY FROM 2-10! After successfully cleaning our clothes during the first few cycles after we moved in our washing machine started leaking water and making loud noises during the spin cycle. We submit a service request with 2-10 and paid the contractor that was sent out by 2-10 a $100 service fee to diagnose the issue. The contractor determined what needed to be done and submit the work order to 2-10. After not hearing anything for over a week I called 2-10 to check on the status and was informed that the claim was denied on the grounds that the issue must have been present prior to the date the warranty service began.

I called the contractor sent by 2-10 and was told that this was not the case (the contractor even indicated directly to 2-10 that the issue was not present prior to the date in question). Since then I have spent hours on the phone with 2-10, been hung up on by 2-10, and been promised a call back within 48 hours on three separate occasions and not once received the promised call back. After over a month since the initial claim 2-10 has offered to refund the $100 service fee but refuses to reevaluate the denial of the claim. If 2-10 has the ability to ignore and the professional opinion of the contractors that they send out, they CANNOT BE TRUSTED. I have worked directly with my realtor to ensure that 2-10 is NEVER recommended and suggest you do the same.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Kevin. I'm concerned to hear about your claim. I am going to send this off to an escalation team to review. They will call you personally with a follow up. Thank you and we will be in touch soon.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've had coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers off and on for the past 10 years. At the time, the rates were reasonable for the coverage. Submitting a claim can be difficult at times especially after duty hours on weekends or if it's an urgent issue. But for the most part, in order to get the service that we need, the ticket was put in quickly and the vendor usually calls us back within 24 to 48 hours. However, the last six nights we have was not the best. It all depends on who you get on the other line as well. The rep we talked to just didn't care. There’s a breakdown in communication between me, 2-10 and the contractor. I called and made an initial claim. Then I called back and I said, "Hey, it's worse. I cannot go until Monday for someone to come in or call.” I need it to be bumped up to our priority after I explained to her the situation, 2-10 rep said, "Okay, you're right. I will make it a priority."

So she called the contractor and changed it to a priority, supposedly, and the contractor decided to do whatever they want to do with it. I called the contractor and said, "Hey, it's a priority can you come in this weekend?" The contractor said, "Well we don't see it in the system." I said, "Well, they just called you." He said, "Well, we don't see it and you need to make sure that it's in the system." So that's when my blood pressure went up and I said, "Okay, fine." So I called back 2-10 and told them, "Hey, I thought that we had talked about this. She said she would make it a priority." And she puts me on hold she said, "Okay."

The next person I talked to tried to at least resolve my concerns. So she put me on hold, she called the contractor to clarify that this is a priority now. She got back on the phone with me and basically gave me the impression that the contractor decided it was a priority based on the description. They don't make that decision, it's between the customer and 2-10. So I said, "I don't want to deal with that contractor." After that, I didn't want to deal with that contractor. There are other contractors out there. So we had to go through the whole rigmarole of trying to find another contractor which would respond in 24 or 48 hours. And that ended up being a snowball of a combination of errors. There needs to be a little more definitive explanation as to what the priority versus an emergency versus urgent versus standard is.

They called the next contractor immediately, showed up in my house and I wasn't there. I was at Home Depot trying to find a new part so that they could install it. So they left and that left me with another 24 to 48 hours and I'm back to where I started. So I went off on the contractor and said, "Hey dude, usually people call before they come. I didn't get a warning or nothing. I didn't even know that you were coming." He said, "Well, it was an emergency and I was in the area." I was like, "It doesn't work that way. You always call the customer first to see if they're available to take you." That communication needs to be a little more clear. I eventually got my stuff taken care of but we started off on a bad foot with the second contractor. But I said it's not his fault and he calmed down and say, "Okay, I'll come back." So it worked out with the second contractor.

The experience was more painful than what it needed to be. I have a special needs kid and trying to get what he needs with having functional plumbing on the first floor was the issue and people don't know what others are going through. And for them to pass judgment and to decide on their accord what they feel is urgent to what's not is inappropriate, unprofessional and just downright wrong.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Jacqueline. We appreciate your feedback on your service experience. We will definitely take note of some of the issues you had with this most recent claim and we will do our best to make improvements moving forward. We do however want to note that we will make your a claim a priority or an emergency status every time as long as you let us know the situation. We wish that our customers could decide for themselves whether a claim is a priority but their may be some that mark it as a priority just to procure faster service. Seeing as how your son has special needs, I do not believe any of our representatives argued with making your claim a priority. If any of them did, please reply to this message with their name and your recount of the situation. I will make I personally handle this for you. All in all, we will do our best to tighten up our processes to make submitting a claim much smoother moving forward. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I am a business owner, so I understand customer service. 2-10 has really gone downhill in the claims management department. After 2 months of not fixing my refrigerator, I called the claims management department and asked for a supervisor. I was told "No" for various reasons. After holding my ground and being treated rudely and put on hold for a long time, a "support" person came on the line. She was short and impatient with me. All I wanted was for 2-10 to send the part to the appliance tech with one day shipping instead of standard 3-5 business days because I have been without food in my refrigerator for almost 2 months and the last part that was shipped was wrong.

She said NO that they would not pay extra to have the part shipped any faster. Then I asked for her last name and she would not give it to me. She said "Ryan" was the claims management supervisor and she would not give me his last name either or let me talk to him. So I asked for a first and last name of someone who I could address at the corporate offices of 2-10 and she refused to give me any names of anyone to formally address.

That is totally unacceptable to conduct business in that manner. They are rude and condescending in that department and it's called "CLAIMS MANAGEMENT". A supervisor could have approved a few extra dollars to ship the part earlier and made me happy, that would be the right thing to do. Instead they create bad feelings toward their loyal customers. It's now 2 months and 2-10 will not escalate my claim or send another tech out to help with the problem. It's October 4th and the part is now "missing" and my refrigerator is still not fixed... this has been going on since the end of July. Shame on you 2-10!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Marla. I am very concerned to hear about your claim experience. I am so sorry that you felt disrespected by our staff. That is never our intention. I will make sure this is escalated and that someone follows up with you. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I'm a New Home buyer. I closed on 9/15 and was told Ovens & Stove top was done. Home Relator called **it WASN'T**. The Warranty Company tried, tried to get the parts, Can't get part, cost more than unit so they were REPLACING it. Guess what! Month later still not fix. I called 10/12 Monday night to schedule time. Now I was being told there REPAIRING. Spoke w/ tech "part ordered still may not work & part cost more than unit". I called Insur. Approval dept. **PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME**. This was Heather quote "This is OUR PROCEDURE or YOU DON'T HAVE TO US". A month later and this is your Reply. You're right after this I won't be dealing with them. Switching to AHS Plan, maybe get treated a little better.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Denine. I am disappointed to hear about your experience with this claim. I know this must have been tough to go this long without your unit fixed. I will escalate this claim and see if there isn't anything else we can do to help you at this time. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My 2-10 warranty was rolled in with the house I got so when I moved in, I started using it. That was in 2007 and so far, I've been satisfied with their service. I've used them every now and then and I recently filed a claim for my air conditioner. At first, there was a bit of confusion and we had to communicate back and forth between 2-10 and the contractors. The contractor who came out was not a big company and didn't have the parts which caused a delay. The waiting was frustrating and sitting in a hot house was very bad. Also, we didn't know if the contractor was going to get back with me the next day. They said they had to check with 2-10 first then I called 2-10 and 2-10 told me that what the contractor said was not what's going to happen. But the workers were fine and after the contractors had the parts, everything went well. I've had other experiences with 2-10 which were better and the other companies who came out had parts on hand.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Elnora. Thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry you had a difficult experience recently with a claim. If you have any issues moving forward, please contact us right away. Thank you.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

The company has very little empathy. Unfortunately my 1 year old Samsung dryer required repairs 15 days out of warranty. I contacted 2-10 online and submitted a request. They ask you to give the local service company 24 hours. I called after 8 hours due to prior experience. I wanted to resolve as soon as possible. I have 2 boys and I needed my dryer. This was a Monday. The gentleman came on Wednesday. He advised a new motor was required and it would be 5 to 7 business days. Well it is Monday again and when I called for an eta, he stated 2-10 was responsible for delivering the motor and he did not order it until Thursday. Therefore we will be without a dryer for over 2 weeks.

The question is what is the cost to my family to wait for service vs hiring a Samsung repair company to replace immediately? My complaint, it takes too long for service. The local repair companies require constant policing. On a prior request, the local company never called to set up an appointment until I got 2-10 involved. He never called or came back to do repairs. Another company had to come in and the process started all over again.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Michelle. I know it is frustrating to have to wait for your unit to be repaired. We wish we could speed up this process for you. I am going to escalate this claim to my team and try to come up with a solution. Thank you for your feedback and patience with this claim.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

We got our house in 1994 and we’ve had 2-10 Home Buyers up until this year. I am a senior now and my heat went out on a weekend and it was below freezing so I called 2-10 and asked them to send somebody out. The rep said that contractors come out of Nashville during this time. I asked them if they had somebody local to come and check my furnace and he said they would have to get authorization.

I called somebody from Clarksville and asked them when can they come out but when I called 2-10 again they said that they couldn't give them the authorization until the next morning. And I said, "What am I supposed to do tonight?" The rep told me that if I use the contractor from Clarksville, I would have to pay their service fee. So I didn't have anybody and I told them it’s okay. When I started with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, we were paying $300 or $400 and my service fee was $50. Now with inflation, I'm paying $600 plus my service fee of $75. I’m so disappointed with their last visit and I am now done with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Doris. We are so sorry that we took a night to come out and service your unit. We wish we could guarantee a faster process for you but there sometimes we may experience a delay in having someone come out to your home. We are sad to see you go, but we wish you the very best on your future home warranty endeavors.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers was referred to me by our realtor and I’ve been with them since May of this year. So far, submitting a claim online has been good. Their contractors provide very good service.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Elizabeth. Welcome to the 2-10 family. We are thrilled to hear that your experience with us has been positive thus far. We appreciate the review and please reach out if you need anything in the future.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

As a new homeowner, I have not had a great experience. Long wait times (over an hour and I had to hang up because I have a life)! Going two weeks without a working fridge and freezer is not good when you have kids and a family to feed. I have heard that they try to get out of giving you market value to replace an appliance. They repair or offer you a portion on the replacement. Yet the recording you hear when you are on hold for an hour and a half says "relax" and have peace of mind that you don't have to worry about unexpected repairs and costs! I haven't even had time to file a claim for the a/c unit that leaked from above the living room ceiling. They must be making way more than they end up paying out!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Julia. Thank you for letting us know your experience. I am going to escalate this to my team and have someone review this and call you after this weekend. Thank you for your feedback

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have called the warranty company on July 10 to advise that my furnace stopped working. They sent me a contractor HVACPROZ who said that 2-10 wants to replace four different parts even though the furnace is 20 years old. It took them till July 28 to replace the parts and we had a heat wave of 90 temperatures during this time. Sept 09 I called 2-10 warranty that the Air conditioner was not working. They sent ANS Services who said the 2-10 wants to replace parts. The air conditioner is also 20 years old. The part failed. Called 2-10 warranty on 12 Sept. ANS Services came out and said that 2-10 warranty was going to replace the unit, next day I got a call from 2-10 warranty advising me that the agent did not have authority to replace instead they are going to replace the part. Now it's Sept 26 and no air conditioner working. 2-10 warranty is not a reputable company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Peter. Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience. I can understand your frustration in us attempting repairs on an old air conditioning system. I am going to send this to an escalation team so that they can reexamine this.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Had an issue w/ the well pump, first, contacting them is a pain, then they recommended a service provider that does not cover the area, then I found my own and when I wanted to submit the expense they said it was not covered. DO NOT BUY this Warranty, you will waste money and have aggravation only.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Mauricio. That sounds like a very frustrating situation. I am sorry you had to deal with your claim being denied. I can have someone look into this again for you. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

When we bought a house, part of the deal was that there would be a plan and Home Buyers Warranty was what the seller bought. We’ve submitted claims both online or over the phone and it’s been good so far. The contractor who came out resolved the problem and it was a good experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the review David. We hope to continue providing you with helpful service for many more years to come.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I have been waiting for resolution for my claim reimbursement since 6/12/2017 and it's 9/25/2017. I have called numerous times and continue to get the run around after waiting on hold for upwards of an hour only to find out I need to speak to another representative. On 6/12/2017 2-10 sent out a company who was unable to unclog my main drain of my home (2 hrs and 30mins later) after paying the deductible of 75.00. I called 2-10 and was specifically told I can contact another company "of my choice" and as long as the scope of work performed was within my warranty, I would be reimbursed.

On the same day, Roto-Rooter came out and with the tool snaked out my drain in 15 minutes. I still have yet to be reimbursed! On 7/7/17 I was told a check had been sent out to me for the reimbursement. Then I find out they sent the check to Roto-Rooter by mistake! I was told I was going to be called back with updated information as to when this would be corrected and HAVE NOT HEARD BACK. Today, 9/25/2017, I spoke with Amanda who informed me she escalated it to a "real person" and I would be called back within 24 hours by Dave (no last name available) from the 2-10 Management Team. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there . I appreciate you telling us about your experience with our company thus far. I apologize for the stress this has caused you and the issues you have experienced with this claim. I will escalate tis to my team and have someone reach out to you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My wife is a realtor and 2-10 reps went to her office for a presentation. We've had them for 2 years now and submitting a claim both online and on the phone has been a great experience. But it's a mixed experience with the contractors since some were really undesirable to work with while some have been really good. They need to have a slightly better share of contractors. I let them know when I come across a bad contractor but I don’t know if they are taking any directive action on that. Still, 2-10 is a good company overall.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Ajay. We are happy that you have had a generally positive experience with us thus far. We also appreciate you letting us know about your contractor experience. We take our homeowner's feedback seriously and we will do our best to make sure your concerns are reviewed. Thank you for your continued support!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

The seller supplied 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty on the house when I bought it. 2-10 has been doing a good job and I’ve been happy with them so I continued it on. We've had it for 4 years now and submitting a claim has been excellent. They’ve told me what are my options and what to do. I had a water heater go bad and it was checked by a company from Charlotte, which is miles out. I did some estimates and I optioned out of the replacement then went ahead with a local company. It was a little cheaper. Still, I'd recommend 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Without your business, we could not do what we do David. We appreciate your support and loyalty. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Everybody we talked to about 2-10 said it was a good service and very well worth it. Submitting a claim was very easy and simple. I talked to them about an air conditioning problem, and they contacted the service provider. He called, made an appointment, came out, and got the problem taken care of, then I paid him my part of the service bill. It’s working and they did a good job. The contractors they sent were super nice and efficient, plus, they got out here around when they said they would. I’ll be checking if we can extend that Home Buyers warranty for another year.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

hi David. We are elated to hear that your claim with us went smoothly. We appreciate your feedback and your continued business.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty came with the house we purchased last October. I have submitted two claims in the last year. The first was for a faulty ice maker that took a couple of weeks to resolve. Inconvenient, but not critical. The second is for my AC system which is now entering the second week with no resolution yet. I learned from the AC tech that my system would have been up and running a week ago if 2-10 would have let him go pick up the part. Instead they said they would order it and ship it direct. Where it is at now is anyone's guess. AC in Arizona is not a luxury. My previous home warranty provider gave me same day response on AC issues. I just renewed with 2-10 for another year but I am having second thoughts. May cancel and go with company I had at my prior house.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Steve. We are sorry that we disappointed you in the length of time it has taken to resolve this claim. We will escalate this claim for you so that we can try to expedite this process for you. We appreciate your feedback and we will be in touch shortly.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information