It's that easy Get a Free Quote
2.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

1879 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My builder used them for year warranty work and structural warranty. So not my choice to use their service at all. Since submitting the year end claims they repeatedly have been told to stop mail and phone solicitations. Block their number and when the block expires they start calling again. I shred the solicitation mail. I live in North Carolina where Hurricane Florence devastated the state last week. They called my cell phone during the storm to try to sell coverage. They are vile and disgusting. When I called today to complain about that and another mailing was on hold for over 15 minutes then was transferred around. "Gentleman" I finally got said sorry for the call but we were only locked out to make calls starting on Saturday. The hurricane effects started mid week and worsened quickly. I wanted to escalate above him but refused. This behavior tells all you need to know about this company.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Krista. Thank you for leaving a review on your experiences with us. I am so sorry for your experience and want to apologize if you felt we were capatalizing off your community's devastation. That was not our intention at all and I am also so sorry to have continually followed up with you despite you unsubscribing from our phone/email/mailing updates. Would you reply to this message with your property address and/or work order number? I would like to send this review to management to make sure they correct this issue and never cause you problems again. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

When we bought the house, we agreed to get the home Warranty, and at the end of the year, we paid to extend it. We have been in the house about 18 months. The house is was built 4 years ago, the appliances are only 3 1/2 years old. The LG refrigerator came with the house when we purchased it. Last week, the refrigerator stopped cooling. We were not the original purchasers of the refrigerator. (Again, it came with the house). I called 2-10 and it took a week to get a tech out to look at it. The tech didn't do much, just listened, and said that it was the condenser.

The tech left and called the next day. He said the part was covered under the manufacturer's warranty. He also said that 2-10 would not pay for the coverage for the labor... It's in the fine print. The labor would be about $750. I called 2-10 and they said 'read the fine print' -- it's not covered. Net net, I have a refrigerator that doesn't work, and a home warranty that doesn't work. Stay away. There are a lot of warranty companies out there. You might want to use one that doesn't had so much fine print. It's time to cancel the policy and get in touch with the BBB. This happened the last time I called with a problem with our cooling system. After paying the deductible, the repair company called back and said 2-10 wouldn't pay. It was in the fine print.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Mike. We are very sorry to hear you are disappointed with this claim decision. Unfortunately, because you are under the manufacturer's warranty, we cannot cover anything. You have another insurance coverage on your unit making our services not needed. We are surprised to hear that you think this outcome is unfair and deserves a BBB report. We cannot interfere with a unit that is already insured. Thank you for your review and we hope you understand. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My name is Renee **, I live in Stockbridge GA. On Dec 11 2015 I bought a three year home warranty from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10 HBW), it covered my AC & Furnace and all appliances. I pay $75 and the Warranty fixes my unit, sounds good, well... The 2-10 HBW website states under Air Conditioner/Freon Split System "Our coverage includes upgrades required to meet government mandates regarding efficiency and refrigerant standards."

On Sunday Sept 9 2018 my AC started blowing hot air so I called in service request. The Warranty company sent out Air Design AC and Heating on Monday Sept 10 2018 to fix my AC. My AC unit sits outside the house on the left side of the garage. The technician came and found the evaporator coil which is located onto of my furnace in the attic was leaking Freon. He wrote up a receipt when I gave him a check for the $75 that the evaporator coil was leaking freon. Per my warranty the evaporator coil is covered by the warranty at no cost to me.

I didnt hear from the Air Design by Wed Sept 11 2018 so I called. The receptionist said they were waiting to hear from 2-10 HBW. Thursday Sept 12 2018 2-10 HBW called me saying I had to approve $598 of nonwarranty worked that Air Design AC & Heating said was due to government code regulations. I said what govt code regulations, 2/10HBW could not answer, so they called Air Design AC & Heating and left a message. On Tues 18 Sep 2/10 HBW left a voice mail message for me stating they had not heard back from Air Design and said I should call them. I still have the message. So I emailed Air Design four times and called three times and also called 2-10 HBW several times.

Finally today Air Design called me back, they told me that $598 of nonwarranty costs are required by gov't regs. I asked what regs, they told me City of Stockbridge regs, then changed to Henry County regs to replace the evaporator coil sitting on top of my furnace. Costs they want to charge me when they replace the evaporator coil on top of the furnace which has no impact to the SEER rating, but according to AIR Design replacing the evaporator coil requires the following. None of this $598 costs are needed to replace the coil.n

$158 for Supply and modification? Supposedly to upgrade my 10 SEER unit to 14 SEER, $128 for drain pan... I already have a drain pan under the furnace. $40 for a float switch, my warranty covers the float assembly which includes the switch. $50 for haul cost, $58 for freon reclaim, $60 for drain line modification, Supposedly to upgrade my 10 SEER unit to 14 SEER, $112 for Line Set Modification, Supposedly to upgrade my 10 SEER unit to 14 SEER.

After my conversation with Air Design and then 2-10 HBW I called the an AC company and he told me evaporator coils do not have SEER ratings. That replacing the coil in a 10 SEER unit does not change it to 14 SEER unit. I would have to buy a new unit to get a 14 SEER unit! This fellow said, "Get your model number and check online for how much a new coil would cost.

2-10 HBW were supporting everything Air Design said, once I checked online I realized the 2-10 HBW and Air Design were trying to recoup the cost of the evaporator coil by scamming me to unknowingly pay for it. The even bigger scam I just found out today that the Federal government in January 2015 no more installation of 13 SEER AC units! That regulation went into effect 11 months before 2-10 HBW sold me three years of warranty coverage, what a scam! Please help I need my AC unit fixed, they count on a woman to be desperate and just pay. I sent this same email to an investigative reporter in Atlanta. This company is a disgrace, the only numbers published are to a call center that does nothing.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Renee thank you for the very thorough review of your experience. We want to have management review this for you and see if we can overturn the decision we made. Would you reply to this review with your property address and/or work order number? If you reply on here your response should remain private. We would like to have this reexamined and escalated. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty came with our home closing. Submitting a claim to them has gone fine and a contractor comes out after a couple of days. One time, we had repairs that needed to be done and getting things fixed was better than replacing an entire air conditioning unit. Having the warranty was very valuable for us.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the positive response to your claim experience. We are elated to hear you are a dedicated customer. Thank you for the support.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I called 2-10 to report a leak from what we believed to be our upstairs shower drain. All proceeded smoothly, a plumber was dispatched within a few days and he seemed quite competent. The plumber said he’d need to cut a hole in our garage ceiling drywall to diagnose the issue. While he was cutting this hole, I called 2-10 customer support to make sure the repair of this hole he was cutting would be covered. The support person I spoke with kindly assured me they would pay for the repair at no additional charge to us. Super right? The plumber said he needed to cut an additional hole in out laundry room ceiling to get a better view.

Based upon the assurance that 2-10 would pay for the repair, I said sure, whatever you need to do. It turned out the leak was not from the drain and was actually not something covered under our warranty, so we paid a handyman to come fix our issue. Fast forward 4 weeks when I returned from my business trip and called 2-10 to put in the drywall repair request. The representative I spoke with, Andrew, told me, "Oh no, they don’t send someone out, they just send me a check for $75.00 to hire someone to fix it." I said , "Wait, I was assured you would send someone to fix it at no additional cost to me, I highly doubt I can hire someone to patch the two big holes in our ceilings, retexture, and repaint them to look as they originally did." He replied all he could do was send us the $75.00 check for a “rough repair”.

At this point I asked to speak with a supervisor. I sat on hold for over 30 minutes, with Andrew came back on sporadically to let me know he was checking with his review team who were telling him again, all they would cover was the $75.00 check. Elizabeth, a floor supervisor, finally came on the line and told me the same thing. I notified her if her answer was still that they wouldn’t honor what I was assured regarding our drywall repair by one of their representatives I would be filing a complaint with the BBB. She said that was fine and she understood my frustration but all they could do was send me a $75.00 check.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the review Jeffrey. The drywall policy has been correctly stated by our supervisor and the last representatives you spoke with. However, I am concerned to read that one of our staff members told you at the start of this claim that everything will be covered. Would you send me your property address and/or work order number? Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

June of 2018 a/c went out. 2-10 service company was 2-4 days out on service... I called multiple other companies had same day service available. I went with another company, 2-10 wouldn't warranty the work I had to pay out of pocket. Will move my warranty to Home Shield.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there David. We are disappointed to read that you have left our company due to the service delays. We wish you the best of luck in your future home warranty endeavors. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have had 2-10 for about 7 years including a rental house. I purchased it for this house. Called once for a water pipe, was told on phone it was covered. Plumber came out and said it wasn't. Fixed it myself for less than the $100 deductible that was paid for nothing. Got over it. No big deal. A/C unit started leaking early summer. Called 2-10 and they dispatched Tyson. Kid from Tyson came out and charged the leaking A/C unit but didn't fix the broken/leaking drip pan. Called 2-10 and they sent Tyson out again.

Fast forward a few months later (end of summer) after spending all summer cleaning water off of the floor daily, called 2-10. They blamed the contractor. Last time I checked, they were paid the premium. They are now just ordering the part. When asked when it would be fixed, simple response "don't know." I guess maybe next year after another year of premiums is paid. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there William. Thank you for the review on your AC claim experience. We are very concerned to hear that we blamed your contractor for this problem and you have not received a clear answer on when this would be resolved. Would you reply to this review with your property address and/or work order number? If you send a reply it should remain private. Thank you and we really hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I recently submitted a work order online for my hot water heater which wasn't listed so I had to choose "boiler". After 3 days without hot water, we were notified that they couldn't find anyone in the network. So I had to find a plumber myself. When I followed up with 2-10, they told me that they would reimburse me the balance after the $50 fee and they did but I don't understand that because I did all the work and paid over $100 for the service... Also when you call, no matter what time of day, expect to be on hold for at least 25 minutes. Who has time for that?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Lori. Thank you for the feedback on your recent claim experience. We apologize there were no available in network contractors in your region. We are a little unclear on your confusion with the fee reimbursement. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out with your property address and/or work order number and our escalation would be happy to follow up with you. If you reply on here your message should remain private.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Air condition failed in Florida four days ago - 97 degrees outside and now 87 inside with 65 percent humidity. Second time this A/C has died in a year and 2-10 refuses to replace the unit. Now they are dragging their feet just to replace the compressor and refuse to cut a check for the cost so we can just pay to have it replaced now. The customer service rep had the balls to tell us to "just go buy a unit from Walmart - we won't cover it but at least you'll have A/C." If you care about your family look elsewhere because these people will leave you hanging when you need them to honor their agreement.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there K R. I am concerned to hear that your unit has died previously and you are dealing with such high temperatures right now in Florida. I would like to escalate this for you to see if we will replace your unit. Would you reply with your property address and/or work order number? Your reply should remain private. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We were offered the replacement option for our microwave. It was a much better option for us as I would be able to have a new microwave in very quickly. The rebate came back in a reasonable amount of time and we were very satisfied.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the 5-star rating Jeanne! We are thrilled to read that your microwave claim was successful. Thank you for the support.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

My air-conditioner went out so I went online and filed a claim with 2-10. It was a Saturday so it took three days to get the air-conditioner fixed once I put it in. The contractor was supposed to show up on Monday but he didn't until it was late on Tuesday. It was kind of rough but I got through it. He got the air conditioner up and running. It was just the scheduling that was the worst part of it, having to go three days without the air-conditioning working. Nevertheless, it's always best to have a home warranty. Even if it's something expensive, I'm still just paying a deductible instead of buying a whole new system.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Corey. Thank you for the feedback on your experiences with our organization. We are happy to hear that this all ended up going well. Thank you for the continued business.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had several electrical issues and was very pleased with my service. The service provider was very professional and informative. Even though some of my issues were easily remediated, the service professional was very thorough. Since my appointment, all problems have been addressed and have not been a problem since.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback on your experience with us Laurie. We are happy too read that our services were professional and prompt. Thank you again for the review and thank you for the continued support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have a less than two year old LG Side by side refrigerator/freezer. On 8/11/2018 I placed a service call because it was no longer cooling or freezing. LG's warranty is only 1 year, even though their compressors carries a 5 year warranty. 2-10 dispatched a service company, however when they called me to schedule, they said they are not authorized to work on LG (closed systems). So I contacted 2-10 to explain this, they dispatched another company. When contacted by the 2nd company, I inquired about LG and closed systems, and was told that they don't service these units either... More than a week since my original call had passed and I still hadn't seen a service contractor.

I spoke to customer service and they tried for two additional days to locate a contractor unsuccessfully. Their suggestion was for me to find somebody to fix my refrigerator "out of network", having been through this process with 2-10 before (when I wasn't willing to wait 2 weeks during the summer for service on my A/C) when I located a company that could do the work and received their quote, I called 2-10 to make sure they would cover the service call and estimated repairs. I spoke with Jared (they won't tell you their last names) and Jared authorized the initial service call for up to $150 to diagnose. I mentioned to Jared, that the company that was coming almost exclusively works on LG and based on our conversations they anticipated that they would be replacing the compressor and evaporator (parts are covered by LG) but labor was $350-400, so could he tell me if that was going to be covered.

No need to waste the contractor's time to come out to my house to confirm what he with a high degree of certainty believes is the problem if you aren't going to approve the repair. Jared didn't want to tell me what 2-10 would cover "hypothetically". Finally after 30 minutes of back and forth, he admitted that for this type of repair, that the labor cost was in the range of what could be approved. The service contractor came the next day 8/28, 17 days after I initially reported this to 2-10. Sure enough, the problem was a failed compressor. The contractor ordered the parts and would return to replace the compressor when the parts came in. Saturday 9/15/2018 the contractor arrives at my house to fix my refrigerator that I have now been without for over a month. I call 210 and after 40 minutes on hold, finally get transferred to claim authorization.

I explain the whole situation over again. I put the contractor on the phone with 2-10. He explains what he is onsite to repair, confirms the model and serial number of the unit and after a brief hold of 5 minutes, the authorization is denied because the compressor is covered under a manufacture's warranty. I was understandably upset, as this was exactly the situation I was trying to avoid when I scheduled my own contractor in the first place. This put me the customer between 2-10 and a contractor that I had to hire. This might be what no qualified contractors choose to work with 2-10. 2-10 maintains that in some fine print somewhere their warranty does not cover "parts" that are covered under manufacturers warranty, not appliances, parts...

I could not get the customer service representative, or his supervisor Trinka (also would give me her last name) to understand that this was precisely why people buy home warranties. When I asked for someone who had more authority to intervene in this situation, I was told there was nobody else at 2-10 who would see this situation any differently. I'm not certain Trinka understands what customer service means. I paid the contractor, because I when I tell someone something, I honor my commitment. I intend to cancel my home warranty with 2-10 and file a formal complaint with the BBB. 2-10 should be ashamed of these practices.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there. We are very concerned to read about your recent claim experience Jeffrey. We would like to talk to you about your experience in further depth and have management review your feedback. Would you reply to this review chain with your property address and/or work order number? Your reply should remain private. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I was buying the house with the warranty from 2-10 and I have them for almost one year now. I recently submitted a claim with them over the phone and my experience was good. Their reps were interactive and scheduling the service with their contractor was fine. And since the repair, my appliance has been working. But when I called them before for a plumbing issue, the techs were not able to make it out until a week after. And at that time, the guy closed the main water, so I didn't do the service with them because they were so late and I had to use the water. When it is really an emergency, they have to make it faster because I cannot stay at home without water. At the time, their rep said the contractor would be out for at least four or five days and I cannot do that, so I used another service.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Ibrahim. We appreciate your constructive criticism and we will do our best to try and make emergency claims faster for you next time around. Thank you for the continued support despite this claim not going as ideally as you may have hoped for.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I had a leak in my water heater so contacted 2-10. I received an email from 2-10 listing the designated plumber. When no call was forthcoming from the plumber I called him. He came out the next day. He said I would get the same size water heater. The day he was to come out I received a call from 2-10 stating the plumber would "try" to install our new heater that day but we would not get the same size due to new government regulation. OK, but why am I just learning about this 1/2 hour after the plumber was suppose to be at my house.

I talked with the plumber numerous times and he always assured me I would get an 80 gallon water heater. All this is happening on a Friday which means if he doesn't show up or if I want to protest then I go another weekend without hot water. I am extremely unhappy with the 2-10. The plumber showed up at 6 pm and was mad because it was a Friday night. He was suppose to be at my house at noon that day. The whole experience was a big mess.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Nancy. I am concerned to hear about the conflicting information you are receiving from us and your contractor. I would like to try and iron out these details for you so that you are not running into any further complication. Would you reply to this review with your property address and/or work order number? If you reply on here it should appear as a private message on my end. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My mortgage people suggested 2-10 warranty. 2-10 was okay. Their reps were helpful but then they just assigned me to a company that really didn't have the best customer service and that was frustrating. I had to leave work early one day and went home, and then nobody ever showed up for my appointment. And then when I tried to resolve it, it seemed to be pretty complicated to get a hold of anybody at that company. When I called 2-10 about it they really couldn't do anything but to send them back out and charge me like an additional fee. But when the contractor came he was very helpful, so that was okay. It's good to have a warranty

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the review Mallory. We are so sorry for the scheduling conflicts and some of the issues you faced with your contractor. We are relieved to hear that this all was resolved though and we appreciate your continued business.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I’m against homeowners warranties in general. I’ve had them in the past and they were such a pain. They determine who’s gonna repair it and how it’s gonna be repaired. If it requires a replacement, they’re gonna give the cheapest thing on the market, and it's not necessarily what you want. In my previous home five years ago, I had a high-end, built-in equipment and the microwave went out. My home warranty was going to replace it with some off-brand and I said no because I wanted the same thing I got. I ended up buying it myself. It was about a $1,000 and they gave me a $200 credit on it. 2-10 worked the same way. It could be July and they would get somebody out to look at my air conditioner a week later. Then they would say that I needed to get a compressor and that would come from a slow boat from China. A week and a half week later, I would get that part. We let that lapse and I no longer have that policy.

The contractors that came out were nice enough but they were from far away. Under the best of times, our place was about an hour's drive but in high traffic, it could be an hour and a half so they would be the last people in the world I would use. They also had to follow the guidance that they were given. There was a wine cooler in the house and that went bad and they said that wasn’t covered. In the case of the air conditioning repair, you’re never gonna get a new one. This house has three air conditioners and three heat pumps. There were two contractors and one of them needed a new compressor that took forever to get. The other one sprayed some kind of stuff leaking inside the piping, so it would hold the Freon. They were gonna do the cheapest job available.

The insurance was pretty much the same as any other. If you buy one which is not inexpensive, you’re guaranteed of losing money whatever its cost and if you need it, it’s a big pain. I’d much rather not pay for the insurance and if I need a repair, I would get the people I want out here right now. The job will be done right and I’ll pay the price. There are certain insurance that you almost have to have such as car insurance ‘cause you could be sued for who knows how much. Bad things could happen. You could also need homeowners insurance. If your house burns down, that could be catastrophic. But for most people, certainly for me, if my refrigerator craps out, it wouldn’t ruin my life. I’ll just get a new one.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I woke up on Saturday morning to a flooded basement in the home I just moved into 3 weeks ago. I have a standard service agreement that the seller paid for as part of our closing. After checking the service agreement, it does state that the primary sump pump is covered as part of the standard agreement. I called right away on Saturday morning Sept 8th and opened a service request. I asked for an emergency request since my basement was flooded and things were getting ruined. While waiting for them to call me back, I was able to get the water pumped out using our alternate sump pump.

When they did call back I was given the name of a contractor and told I could call them directly. When I called, they were closed so I called 2-10 back and they told me they would add to me to a dispatch list. They finally called back and told me there was no one available in my area and I could go out of network. I was also not able to find anyone to come out. In the meantime, my basement flooded for a second time.

I called again this morning Sept 10 and was told that I was still on the dispatch list and should expect a call today. I did get a call and a contractor was sent to the house. I was informed that the sump pump needed to be replaced but that he needed authorization before he could complete the work and he left. 2-10 then called me and informed me that because of the cost, they had to escalate the case for approval before anything could be done and it could take up to 5 days. In the meantime, the restoration company that needs to get in and complete the clean up and dry out process will not do so until the sump pump is repaired, due to the fact it could flood again.

Now I have sopping wet carpet and furniture that is just sitting and starting to smell and I'm worried about mold growing. This seems to me like an emergency that should be taken care of immediately. My service agreement says sump pumps are covered and there is no mention of a dollar limit for sump pumps. I see it for other things, but not this and why does it take 5 days? It also states in the agreement it's an emergency if the condition endangers health or safety or further damage to the home. I would think that soaking wet flooring would be damaging and mold growth could be a real problem. I'm very upset with the service and want a new sump pump installed immediately! I already paid my $100 service fee!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Jodi. We are very sorry that this failure happened and has put you ina difficult situation. We are doing our best to expedite our services for you but cannot control the amount of time it takes to process and ship the order from our manufacturers. According to your service agreement- We are not liable for failure to provide timely service due to conditions beyond our control; including but not limited to, delays due to obtaining parts, equipment, weather or labor difficulties. If you see that mold exists, please feel free to reach out to us immediately and we will escalate this for you. Either way, we are doing our best to get you a new unit as quickly as our processes alow. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I've had coverage with 2-10 since I bought my house in December '15 and submitting a claim with them was fairly easy, which I do online. The hardest part about the whole thing to me was when it asked for the serial number for the washer and dryer. Depending on where the serial number is located at, some of them may not have it upon the lid. People had to pull it all the way out to look at the back part of it. But other than that, the interactions with the contractor were amazing. He came out and introduced himself. He went straight to work and there were no hesitation and no beating around the bush. He had a very pleasant attitude and was nice throughout the whole event. He explained to me everything that was going on and made sure that I was aware of everything. He also answered any questions that I may have had. It was a great experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the 5-star rating Thomas! We appreciate reading that you have had an overall positive experience with our services. We genuinely cherish your support and business.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

2-10 did a plumbing repair for me. I called them, they scheduled the appointment, and the service guy came. I paid my deductible, the service guy did his thing, and then 2-10 worked out the balance with him. I have several home warranties with 2-10 and my experience has always been good. Their service contractors have been prompt. They call and schedule a service at my convenience. They call the same day or the next, and they always call 30 minutes out, so that has always been good. I always recommend people to get a home warranty and I always tell them 2-10 is one of the good ones.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the excellent review Michele. We are thrilled to read that you have recommended us to folks and we appreciate your loyalty. Your feedback makes us proud to protect thousands of homes across the United States. Thank you again for your continued support.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We have a coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for 13 years and I’ve been really happy with them. I usually make my claim over the phone. Their process is easy and their representatives are very nice. 2-10's service is really good as well. They give me the number of the party that’s supposed to call me. One time, the contractor didn’t call me, so I called 2-10 back and they got right on it. They gave me another number and told me that if I didn't hear from them, call 2-10 back. Then with my latest claim, a gentleman explained everything. I’d recommend 2-10 to anyone and tell them they could ask them any questions.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Good afternoon Bernadette. I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed our services and everything has been pleasant thus far. We appreciate your lovely review and we hope to continue providing you and your loved one's quality service for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

They replaced A/C unit which stopped working in 6 months, after calling they send 6 contractors and none of them would do the job, finally they send one who did fix it. After 3-4 weeks the contractor is sending us multiple invoices as 2-10 who assigned him for the job, are not paying him and the contractor is threatening to put a lien on our property. In the first place the A/c was not installed and connected properly by their original contractor, We were without A/c for 6-8 weeks as they kept sending different contractors, we also started seeing mold in the room as a result of that.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Sue. We are very disappointed to read about your claim experience. We would like to review your account with management in an effort to better our company overall. Would you send me your property address and/or work order number? Thank you and your reply on here should remain private once you initiate a follow-up. We apologize for your experience and hope to be able to learn from your claim.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I contacted 2-10 after a leak appears from my shower. After waiting on hold with their customer service line (which is always experiencing high volume of calls) they told me that a contractor would contact me in one business day. After the second business day I called them and waited 20 minutes on hold before the call got dropped (not from my end), so I waited another 20 minutes before getting to talk to someone. Who then told them that my request went into a 'dispatcher queue' which takes from 24-32 business HOURS, which I think is meant to mislead people, why else wouldn't you say 3-4 business days?

Also the first time I talked to them there was no mention of this at all. Of course there were no service providers found in my area! Haha and they said if they couldn't find anyone after this dispatcher queue that I could find my own and they would reimburse the retail value, I'm sure that process is even more hellish than trying to get to talk to them. At this point I think I'm going to resolve the problem myself outside of 2-10 and cancel my service, in hopes of getting some of the money wasted back.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Kyle. I am disappointed to read about your efforts trying to get this claim resolved and would like to offer my help. Would you reply with your property address and/or work order number? I would like to escalate this for you and try to get it resolved. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was offered on the house that I purchased. I had coverage for a year but I didn’t renew it after that. During the course of that year, I had two claims. I submitted both of them over the phone and their reps were good. The first claim went really smooth, easy, and very quick. The second one was a little less smooth and there was a lot of back and forth. Plus, there wasn’t any follow-through and that was what caused the problem with the delay. So, the second claim was harder to resolve and was a bit more time-consuming, but it still got resolved satisfactorily. Other than that, the contractors and the service they provided were all good. They showed up on time and were polite and professional.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Christine. We are thrilled to read that you have an overall good experience with our services. Thank you for the positive feedback and support. We sincerely appreciate your dedication to our brand.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Prior to the purchase of our home, during our home inspection, we learned that the downstairs A/C unit in our home was 29 years old. It was functioning but obviously inefficient. As a condition of our purchase we asked that the sellers provide us with a (1) one year home warranty. They selected 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

It has been an absolutely terrible experience. They charge $100 for every service request and within the first (3) three weeks we contacted them because the upstairs (7) seven year old unit was running constantly. It would never reach the temperature on the thermostat. They sent out a service provider Nu~Air (Pennsauken, New Jersey). That individual stated that all we needed was some coolant, which he provided, and new filters (which he did not install or provide). Keep in mind I had just replaced the filters 3 weeks prior after the move. The upstairs was noticeably cooler afterwards, but we were still having the same issue.

Nu~Air returned (2-10 Home Buyers Warranty waived the $100 fee this time, to their credit, because it was the same problem) and this individual said we had a hole in a hose that was leaking coolant. He did not repair the problem but said that he would contact 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty to see what was covered and get back to us. That was (1) one month ago. Since then I have not heard from Nu~Air or 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. I have spent hours on hold because they are impossible to get on the phone unless they call you. It is currently 82 degrees upstairs in my house (It's 79 degrees outside). 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty finally called me back this evening and told me the next available appointment they could get me was next Monday between 11 AM - 6 PM. When I told them this was unacceptable and that I have a pregnant wife and 3 year old daughter in the house she said there was nothing they could do.

To top it all off, we have had utility bills of $600 (June) $800 (July) and $700 (August). I asked if they would reimburse us for at least the latter bill because the delay in service was their fault to which she said that they could not authorize that. After telling her I would take the Monday appointment (5 days) away and hanging up I called the company that was scheduled to service me and they said they had an opening Friday. Interesting that the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty representative could not get me the Friday appointment.

If you are a realtor, buyer, seller, etc. DO NOT RECOMMEND, BUY, OR BUY A HOME that has this company. I have had some great experiences with companies that will do their best to make a situation right (i.e. in this instance cover one of the utility bills, or at least find me an emergency contractor to get the air back working). Clearly that is not the policy or mission of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the review Lee. We are very concerned to read about your experience we would like management to look into your feedback. Would you reply with your property address and/or work order number? If you could reply to us here or send us a private message with that information we would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I put a claim in on September 3rd. I get an email saying that I will hear from a contractor within 24 hours to set appointment. I haven’t heard anything so tried to call yesterday and waited on hold for 38 minutes and never had anyone answer. I call back today and they tell me they can’t find anyone so I told them that there was a plumber that came out last time this happened and they worked with 2-10. The lady would not listen to me and kept cutting me off. I did the legwork for them and they won’t even listen, instead she kept telling me to wait.

I asked for the cancellation department because their customer service is getting worse with me and I don’t understand why. I just renewed for another year and they treated me like garbage. The next lady said she couldn’t help me, I asked for a manager and once again was on hold for another 20 minutes. I am still stuck with nothing completed. Obviously the first year might be great but after that, they don’t seem to care about you.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Jaime. We appreciate your review and reaching out to us personally on Facebook. Your claim has been escalated to our team and we will do our best to turn this claim around for you. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

On July 25th I submitted service request for my AC. I was assigned a contractor (Air Design A/C & Heating) the same day. The contractor called me on July 26th and scheduled my appointment for the 27th at 11. The contractor told my husband that the evaporator coil was leaking and needed to be replaced. Air Design A/C & Heating told my husband that they needed to send paperwork to your company because it needed to be approved before work could be completed. On August 1st I was emailed a service update email about where my service requested was in the process. I filled it out as I need assistance from 2-10. On August 2nd I received a phone call from an agent from 2-10 saying that Air Design was contacted because they had not sent it the diagnosis and was 2-10 was having a hard time contacting them.

On August 3rd I received a phone saying that Air Design had finally sent in the diagnosis. August 7th I received an email stating that the diagnosis was accepted and I would get a phone call about the next steps. I did get that call and I was told that 2-10 was waiting on prices from Air Design for the job with just the part and prices for replacing the unit. August 8th I received a phone call from your purchasing department stating that I would need to pay $581 to cover parts and disposal that was not covered in my contract. She also stated that 2-10 would purchase the part and before they could do so I would need to pay first. I told her I would give her a call back. On August 9th the contractor called me to let me know that 2-10 had approved the work order and asked if I would accept the out of pocket cost of $693.

I asked that representative why my cost had gone up. She then stated that it did not go up and that was the price that was sent to 2-10 and proceed to give me the breakdown of the cost. I then called you all to find out what happen. Your agent then called Air Design while I was on hold. She came back on the line and stated that the agent had left off $112. I was really upset. She told me that she could reimburse me for the service fee that would be mailed to me and proceed with ordering the part. On August 10th I received a phone call from the same agent on the 9th saying that instead of replacing the evaporator coil, the unit would be replaced. At this time I had already set the date for the work to be done on August 17th between 11 and 3. The agent said once there was prices from Air Design, I would get a call about what my out of pocket cost would be.

I called right back and gentleman said that it would be better to replace the unit but could not give final cost because they were waiting to hear from the contractor. On August 14th I received a phone call from your agent stating that the unit would not be replaced. The evaporator coil would be replaced and he was not sure why I was told that. I called you guys back and your agent sounded just as confused trying to read the notes. She called the contractor and indeed the coil was just being replaced. She did not understand why I was told to pay first, or the unit was be replaced being that the contractor supplies the parts. She also stated to me the contractor would give me a call but that call never came.

This entire process has been a big headache. So many times during this process I was misinformed and the contractor sent to me is not good at all. Between the late phone calls and not so pleasant staff with the contractor to the confusing information from 2-10, I didn’t know what do or what was the right information. This is my second request but the first request for something of this magnitude. I did not enjoy the wait or how it was handled.

Once the repair was complete, the contractor wanted to charge me for work not completed. They wanted to do repairs that were not needed. This is the company that you have doing warranty work. It was bad enough having an AC unit not working properly in 91 degree weather with small children. I was referred to this company by my mother who has had 2-10 for years. After talking to her about my experience, she was very surprised and disappointed. I am really considering taking my business elsewhere.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

We appreciate your review Adasha. Thank you for taking the time to give so much feedback on your experience. We are concerned to read about your claim experience and your review has been escalated. We will follow up with today to discuss this further.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Last night, my husband and I noticed that our furnace/AC pan was full of water. Due to excessive wait times this am, we could not get through to one of your phone reps. We eventually had to call a local HVAC company because the water was starting to leak onto the floor and we live above another family in a condo bldg and did not want to risk damaging the property below ours as well. We felt this was an urgent matter that could not wait. After a very long wait time, I finally did get through to one of your reps this afternoon while the local HVAC rep was working on the problem. I was told by your rep that since I did not get prior authorization, this repair would not be covered by this out of network vendor, and said that you do not reimburse for any repairs done by out of network vendors, even in emergency situations, which this was.

She was not clear about how we should handle this and kept contradicting herself. She sent us an email with vague information stating something about the contractor calling to get prior authorization, even though I told her he had already been working on the problem and had taken a large part of the equipment apart. She was abrupt and unclear as to what we should do. We don’t understand why there isn’t some type of reimbursement in an emergency situation when we can’t get through because your phone lines are busy for hours. This was a situation that was out of our control. We ended up having to pay our HVAC guy almost $600 for a repair that we feel should have been covered if we could have gotten through to you on your phone line. We’re very unhappy with this warranty service.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there William. Thank you for the feedback. It is true we do not reimburse for service without prior authorization. However, given your unique circumstance, I would like to escalate this for you and see if we can revisit our decision. Would you reply to this response with a message including your address and/or work order number? Your response should remain private. Thank you again for the review and we will eagerly await your response.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Pregnant in late August/early September heat. A/C went out Tuesday evening. Called 2-10 at 7am on Wednesday morning and received email with contractor info later that morning. Contacted contractor and earliest he would come out was Thursday. Part was not ordered until Tuesday due to contractor providing an outdated part number and a delay in 2-10 confirming the correct part with the contractor. Part is now to arrive in "3-5 days". Temperature has been in low to mid-90s, and inside it's mid to upper 80s. Every call to 2-10 is a 30 - 45 minute holding time. Wheels turn very very slowly and they have been unable/unwilling to expedite. Seems they should be able to be more timely.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Elizabeth. We appreciate your feedback but would like to note a couple of points you made in your review. We do not offer a time frame for most of our services because they vary from claim to claim. Depending on the shipping time, the location of the homeowner, the contractor's schedule, and the scope of the repair/replacement our service time may vary. There are many factors that go into a claim and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience this may cause. If you are wishing for any additional support with this claim, please feel free to send us a message with your property address and/or work order number. We will be sure to have our escalation team follow up with you. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I had 2-10 for 13 years or more. I submitted my claims with them over the phone and their reps were okay. But I didn't like half of the companies that they sent out. One guy cut a hole in my ceiling to go look at the air conditioner and until today, I still have that hole. There was no way he had to do that because I have a door that opens right there where he could look in. And when he came out, he was high as a kite. He was on some kind of drug that I called my neighbor to come stay here with me at the time because I live by myself.

All in all, having a home warranty is very valuable because if anything breaks down, you could call somebody. But I was very unhappy with 2-10 because every time they came to do something for me, it seemed like it was never covered under my contract. I paid $800 for that contract and I always had to put out more. So decided I was not putting up with that again this year and got somebody else. The people that I got now seems so much nicer and I paid less. And I had so many people tell me that they are great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi there Judy. We appreciate your feedback on your claim experience. We are very sorry for the issue you faced with your contractor and have taken the necessary precaution to make sure all of management was aware of your feedback. We spoke with the company that came to your home and they let us know they drug test their contractors regularly. They are also investigating this and doing their due diligence to make sure the service provider that came to your home is not in violation of the drug policy. Thank you again so much for your review and please reach out if you need anything else.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (2-10 HBW) has been in business for more than 35 years and is the only company that provides a 10 year insurance-backed structural warranty for new construction and a Home Warranty Service Agreement protecting the home’s major systems and appliances. Based in Denver, the company has protected more than 5.5 million homes.

• Low service fee: 2-10 HBW charges a low service fee of about $50. Service fees are clearly stated on contracts so homeowners will never be surprised.

• Accessibility: Customers can call for service 24 hours a day, seven days a week and also request service online through the 2-10 HBW website.

• Structural warranties: Homebuilders can become 2-10 HBW members and then offer structural warranties on the homes they sell. These warranties can give sellers a competitive edge in a tight real estate market.

• Blog: The 2-10 HBW website includes a blog with free informational resources. There are posts to help homeowners, homebuilders and real estate agents.

• Online quotes available: 2-10 now offers a new ‘Get a Quote’ feature on their website where, within a few easy steps, builders, real estate professionals and homeowners can get a quote.

• Best for: builders, real estate professionals and homeowners.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information