3.64/5
Based on 2,447 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty provides homeowners financial protection, knowing the unexpected may be expensive. With a home warranty, when a system (heater, air conditioner, hot water heater) or appliance (refrigerator, stove, microwave) break due to normal wear and tear, homeowners are offered budget protection to complete the eligible repair. Seven out of every ten homes will experience a system or appliance failure yearly.

As an accredited home warranty company by the Better Business Bureau, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has protected more than 5.8 million homes over 38 years.

"LONG LIVE HAPPY HOMES®" says it all.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Gallery (6)
ABBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty has plans to cover appliances and systems for all homes and structural coverage for new homes. While coverage isn’t as extensive as other providers, 2-10’s plans are slightly more affordable than the competition.

PROS

• Structural warranties for new homes
  • Flexibility in selecting service providers
  • Provides essential coverage
  • Roof leak coverage available

CONS

• Service call fees can be high
  • Some state restrictions

Top 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Reviews

03/07/2019

The repair person was here in no time and took care of it. He came in, detected the problem, knew what the solution was, ordered the part that was needed and fixed it. 2-10 was also proactive and thought ahead for me. They were gonna be calling me back if I had any other problems.

02/28/2019

The air conditioning no longer blew hot air and the experience when I submitted the claim to 2-10 was fantastic. It was called in on a Friday and they said that I might not hear from the contractor until Monday but we heard from them on a Saturday. They were out within 24 hours.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty plans

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around the country peace of mind and financial protection, helping minimize the burden of costly repairs. A 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty service agreement gives homeowners nationwide access to a network of more than 6,000 authorized, independent service contractors. They can also access an online Homeowner Portal to manage their account, request service and renew their service agreement.

• Systems and Appliances: With a Systems and Appliances plan, homeowners get the cost of a repair or replacement covered, including parts and labor, for one low service call fee.
  • Structural Warranty: With a Structural Warranty, homeowners can protect their new construction home for up to 10 years from structural damage.

2-10 services plans are not available in Alabama, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Oklahoma or Wyoming.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty cost

The average monthly cost for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is $30–$40 for systems and appliances coverage. Your total cost will vary by plan and your selected service call fee, which range from $75–$100. Their monthly rate comes at a lower cost than the industry average, while their service call fee runs slightly high. If you select any add-on coverage, this will also increase your monthly payment.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage

The company’s Systems and Appliances service agreement covers the repair or replacement of major home systems and appliances, including parts and labor.

• AC/freon split system
  • Built-in microwave
  • Disposal
  • Trash compactor
  • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Available for home buyers, 2-10 offers optional coverage at an add-on rate for the following items: pre-season HVAC tune-up, extended pipe leak, roof leak, septic system, pool/spa equipment, water softener, well pump.

2-10 home warranty supreme protection: This add-on is available to real estate agents to add-on to a home buyers warranty. It adds protection for 40 additional items including appliances and plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems.

4334 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

New Homeowner Experience with 2-10 Warranty!!!! This has been the most horrible experience with any corporation I have ever had. 2-10 was recommended to us by our realtor which I wish he NEVER WOULD HAVE. My experience started on 9/12/19 when my husband called due to our A/C going out on our downstairs unit. We had a contractor from “Air Design A/C & Heating” come out 9/13/19 who supposedly fixed the compositor. That same evening when the A/C unit would cut on it was making all the lights in my upstairs flicker. So, called 2-10 again, requesting an electrician and another A/C contractor due to me finding out the first company sent on on the 13th list their BBB accreditation in July 2019. Yet 2-10, still sent them out as a recommended company. Terrible!!!!

So, the new contractor for A/C from Assured 1st Heating & AC comes out 9/16/19 and says we need an electrician because the AC breaker is now triggering another breaker to shut off. None of these problems till the first company was dispatched. Yesterday, electrician comes out 9/17/19 and says it’s not electrical. It’s the AC unit. It’s pulling too much power to try to start up. Call 2-10 again, and spoke with Lexus (8:45am) 9/17/19 who was supposed to call me back in 30 minutes, never did. Then, was called by 2-10 and spoke with Evette (Purchasing), I had some questions regarding options and what buyout or replacement would include. She stated she would call me back due to it being 7:52 MT and the DEPTMT didn’t open until 9am. Well as you can imagine I’m still waiting for that call back.

Now, over 24hrs later I call 2-10 back 9/18/19 and spoke with Bobby at 10am and she placed me on hold, only to transfer me back to the queue for another rep to answer. I then spoke with Kalie at 10:19am (Same day). She was very empathetic and considerate unlike all the other reps I had spoken with. She transferred me to purchasing where I spoke with Kierra at 10:43am who clearly is not very customer service savvy nor is she clear with policy. I requested a supervisor due to this horrible experience and service provided, Kierra tells me she was told to transfer me back to Evette (Purchasing) since she is the one who was handling this. Unfortunately, I had to speak with Evette who was extremely rude, unpleasant and could not understand why I was frustrated. She was trying to tell me she called me twice and left voicemails. I don’t have not 1 missed call from yesterday all day, and absolutely no voicemails.

She lied and I hope all calls are recorded because I will be reporting this to the BBB. After, all that I tell her just send me the buyout amount since customer service isn’t 2-10’s way. She tells me it will be 7-10 business days to receive via US mail. Wow!!!! So, I have 2 small children and my A/C has been out since 9/12/19 and a week later, I would have to wait over a week to get the check to even begin getting the A/C fixed myself!!!! Then, she says well I can send it priority within 2-3 business days. I ask her, "So why the heck wouldn’t you offer that first if you see it’s an escalated issue!!!" And due to record breaking temperatures in GA and I have 2 small kids, that should have been the only option if not overnight. This is a horrible company that has no morals and no customer service. Get your home warranty elsewhere!!!! RUN RUN RUN

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello, we apologize for Ryan. We can understand why this has been a frustrating process for you. Your feedback is pending review by our escalation team, and we will do our best to offer our assistance.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Took the first shower in my new home day one; water leaked through the baseboards. Arranged with 2-10 Warranty for plumber for repair. He removed the shower head. According to Brianna ** of 2-10, she at first said that I replaced the shower head, which I had not done, so 2-10 wasn't liable. I sent her a copy of the Home Inspector's report which was very thorough and made no mention of shower leaks.

Brianna claimed that the 'valves had a leak' according to the home inspector's report which I had thoroughly read over one month before deciding to buy the house. The only way to have known that there were leaking valves would have been to either tear through the wall behind the shower to check the connections or to tear out the shower unit completely and check for leaks, none of which were necessary for the Home Inspector to do, as he had not detected any leaks after running all of the water facilities in the house to check for leaks during his inspection. Brianna denied 2-10 was responsible for repairs.

On my third encounter with her, she lied a third time claiming that the plumber whom 2-10 had sent out for repair the first time had removed the water control plate located below the shower head, had detected a leak, and 2-10 was not liable for repairs. I had stood watching the plumber who had NOT removed the water control plate below the shower head; he had only removed the shower head. He did not scope the shower line, did not remove the water control plate. Short of being Superman with X-Ray vision, there's no way he could have seen into the wall behind the shower where the main water line was to check for a crack or a valve leak as Brianna had claimed.

In summary, Brianna lied three times in order to deny that 2-10 Home Warranty was liable for repairs. I highly recommend that all realtors, escrow officers, any home repair companies such as plumbers, carpenters, electricians, etc., any real estate company affiliated with or carrying any 2-10 Home Warranty insurance immediately disassociate themselves and their businesses from 2-10 Home Warranty, due to 2-10 Home Warranty's dishonest practices. They sully any good reputation of all qualified repair technicians or realtors connected with 2-10 Home Warranty which flat-out lies in order to avoid liability for any of their so-called promised repairs!

My father owned his own real estate company, so I know of what I speak. 2-10 Home Warranty's dishonesty is not a personal insult, but a valid evaluation of their worse than poor service based on facts in my experience with them as well as others who have dealt with them. "Caveat Emptor" takes on a very valid meaning with the lack of integrity of 2-10 Home Warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Veronica, we are disappointed to read the many difficult claim experiences you have had with our company. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. We have sent your recent claim to our escalations team, and they will do their best to expedite a solution for you. Please feel free to send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Terrible experience. My AC went out on Labor Day and today is September 17 and I’m still without A/C and I have the premium package. They don’t seem to care that it’s 100° here in Georgia and I’ve had no AC since September 1 and today is the 17th. Please don’t waste your money on this company. I could’ve done had it fixed for the money I spent on this warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the feedback, Donna. We are concerned to read that your claim is still unresolved. Our escalation team will review your account, and we will reach out to you soon. We will do our best to remedy your experience and resolve this claim. Please send us a message if you need any additional support.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I've had coverage with 2-10 for almost two years now and I'm very satisfied. I had some issues with the faucets wherein the fuses were blowing through, so when you turn the shower on, water still came out of the bottom part that's going to the showerhead. I made the claim by phone and the rep I spoke with was very good. The plumber came out, looked at the situation and said it would need repairs. He did excellent work. We'd recommend them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Greetings Michael, we are excited to learn that you had an excellent experience with our contractors. Thank you for your feedback and your continued business.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

If I could give this company zero stars I would do so in a heartbeat. I purchased this warranty two years ago when I purchased my home. The home is 16 years old and the AC unit had never been replaced. Therefore, I wanted to have the warranty should something go wrong. Two weeks ago, my AC unit went out. 2-10 actually covers a very small fraction of what it would cost to repair the leak. Replacing the 16 year old unit was never even an option for me. The customer service is terrible and the service provided by the vendors they use is even worse. (On a separate occasion, I had my sink repaired and the contractor they sent put my faucet on backward and has not come back to fix it).

Long story short, this warranty is a huge waste of money and everything listed on their website is a scam. This warranty does NOT cover expensive unexpected repairs. If you make the mistake of going with this home warranty company be prepared to waste your money, your time and endure a lot of stress and a huge headache in the process. Two weeks in to this nightmare and my AC is still broken.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hello Jessica, we are disappointed to read the many difficult claim experiences you have had with our company. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to use the information you gave us to ultimately, improve our services. Would you reply to our private message with your property address or work order number? We hope we can offer some additional support for your claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Original review: July 23, 2019

We bought the house and 2-10 was included with our purchase. Then after, we had to decide if we’re gonna stay with them or leave them. But we had a problem with our pool during the first year because the property manager didn’t take care of it properly. When we had to call to make an appointment for the pool, they told us that 2-10 was one of the better insurances that they dealt with when it came to pool management. It was hard to find one that was really good with that so we initially decided to stay with them. I filed claims for a couple of other things. We had a faucet dripping. We also had an irrigation system in the front and we wanted to shut that off because it was leaking. Everything was really good. It was this $60 fee and we never had any problems. It was just this time that I had a lot of hassle but it wasn’t through the insurance. It was more through the contractor.

I was doing the laundry and there was smoke coming from inside of the drum of our washer. I googled it and found out that it was quite a common occurrence around the 10-year mark of the appliance. I made the claim in June and I'm going on a month and a half without my washer. As far as the contractor making the appointment, I’m the one that had to go out of my way to call them, track them down, and figure out everything. I told 2-10 that the contractor hadn’t called me and they said that they'd call the contractor and that all we could do was wait. For me, that wasn’t enough action so I had to do more of that.

They were conflicting too like some of the people that I got. It was like they didn’t know what they were talking about. The contractor said they needed more parts and then the insurance said that they'll just gonna do a replacement. And so when I called 2-10, they said that they’re gonna do the parts. I asked what’s going on with that and they didn’t give me an answer. They said that that department was closed at that time. I called the next day and talked to someone else. The lady said that they're doing the parts and that it would take three to five business days which I thought was ridiculous ‘cause how would she know how long it’s gonna take to locate parts and why she has a timeline for that. What they told me last time was it was for the shipping. She then said that it's three to five days to locate the parts and then three to five days to get it shipped.

I got a message on my phone from 2-10 the next day saying that they were gonna do a replacement so I called them and said that one person told me they’re gonna do the parts and then another person said that they’re gonna do the replacement. This person now said that it hasn’t been decided and that it’s still on review. So then, the third option. I called again the next day and they said that they're reviewing and to just keep looking out on the email. I checked my email around 3 AM and they decided to do a replacement. I could either do that or the cashback but I was satisfied with the replacement option they gave me. I tried to call them to do the replacement and that department wasn’t open at that time.

The most frustrating thing is that when calling 2-10's number, the first thing they say is that most of the things can be done on their website. But I really couldn’t do any online. I couldn’t check the status online. I couldn’t confirm what option I wanted. I couldn’t find the tracking number like there was no tracking number to the parts online. I got the tracking number from a representative after I asked them for it. All should have been available on the page like, “The parts were sent. This is the number. This is the tracking number.” if you wanna see where it’s at. The parts got sent to the contractor but the contractor has two addresses, one for shipments and one for actually working on the equipment. The parts got sent to the warehouse instead of the place where they intake all the equipment.

I could have ordered my washer sooner. If there was a button that I had to press knowing what I was selecting, it would have been a lot quicker. When I called, the lady was really confused. She asked if I wanted the replacement check and I told her that I wanted the washer that 2-10 was offering me. Then she put me on hold and it ended up hanging up on me. I called back and they said that the department is already closed so then I had to wait another day. My schedule is six to six so when I had to call, it was like 5:45. I got disconnected and then when I called back to talk to them, their department closes at six. I called the next day and got someone who’s really good. He understood the fact that I wanted the replacement. I placed that order on Wednesday and it would be five to seven days. So now I’m just waiting for them to deliver the washer and that’s it.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you for the excellent rating! We are excited to read that you have had such a positive experience with our contractors and staff. We appreciate your support!

Original review: June 11, 2019

2-10's customer service is good and I haven’t had any negative experience with their representatives. I’ve been very happy. But I had a couple plumbing issues recently, one about six months ago and one last month, and they don’t have any contractors in my area. But I don’t live out in some place extremely rural, so there are a lot of plumbers at least within a 50 mile radius of my house.

So, I had to hire a plumber on my own, made sure they were licensed and bonded, asked them to do the work, then 2-10 reimbursed me. But the thing is, a lot of plumbers said that part of the claims process involves them sitting on the phone some time for an hour and a half just to get somebody from 2-10 on the line so they can describe the problem. Once they identify it, they have to make sure they diagnose the problem and that it’s covered on the warranty. And a lot of plumbers don’t wanna do that because they have other jobs to do and for them to have one of their guys sitting on the phone for an hour and a half waiting to get somebody on the phone costs them time and money and out of their jobs.

So, it makes it very difficult for me because most of the contractors don’t wanna deal with my problem once they hear home warranty company, or they’ll say they'll do it but I gotta pay them out-of-pocket. I have to do that anyway, but you have to make these phone calls to 2-10 and sometimes they don’t wanna talk to me. They wanna talk to the plumber. So, it’s a lot of running around when they don’t have somebody that is used to their process. But how are you gonna run a business if you have a business call from this warranty company when you could probably have an entire job done some place else? Or instead of your travel time to some place else, you’re on the phone just sitting there waiting to get somebody on the line.

I’ve experienced this myself because I had to call 2-10 the last two times that I had the plumber come over the house. 2-10's reps gave me a number and told me that it was a direct line to their claims service rep. But it was not and there was no such thing as a direct line to that department. Then, no matter what number they gave me, it always put me into a queue and that queue went to the same process. And I was in a queue for 35 minutes before I got somebody on the line. After I explained to them the matter, they were saying that they wanted to talk with the person who did the repair, but that person was gone. Then I had to ask them if I could ask the plumber to submit an invoice and I'd just send it to 2-10.

So, it’s very frustrating for me when 2-10 doesn’t have a contractor for whatever service that needs to be provided in the area. I don’t mind waiting on the phone and it’s much easier than the contractor charging their hourly fee just to sit there and wait on the phone. Also, I’m not even sure if 2-10 would cover the repair. They should have much quicker response times for those people who approve authorization of work that’s needed. Conversely to that, when I explained my issue to 2-10's customer service reps, they’ve been very apologetic and worked very hard to make sure the process was expedited. It seems that the people that are working for the company are aware of the problem but management hasn’t allocated the headcount for the people of that department. So, they’re constantly swamped.

I’ve dealt with 2-10 enough times over the years to realize that every time I call, there’s always that message saying they are having unexpected call volume. And sometimes, when their contractors fix a job in my house and they’re there for a very long time. Then, if I have to do all the legwork myself and I don't understand why it takes so long to get the approval for a repair. It’s not even that they need time to review the matter, it’s just waiting to get somebody on the phone. But in terms of the attitude of 2-10's reps and what they do for the customer, I’m very pleased with that. It's also great once a claim is put in the system. And if there’s a contractor in my area, they come out and fix the problem.

Original review: April 13, 2019

We bought the house and it came with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. When we bought the house, the person who did the home inspection said that the garbage disposal had a crack in it and that it would probably leak if it was full. I submitted a claim for the garbage disposal and it went fine. I called up and talked to a guy. He said it sounded like it was not working right. I was as certain as one can be without going in there and taking it out that it wasn’t working right. He said they would make an appointment and would get the person to contact me. The company called me very promptly the next day and said they will be out the next day. Everything was fine. The guy showed up and looked at the thing. He said there was no crack in it and it was not gonna leak and that home inspectors sometimes try to find every possible flaw.

Then, he said the garbage disposal was fine and that the problem was the drain pipe, which didn’t have enough pitch to it so that everything didn’t go the way it was supposed to go, and it could clog up. He also said there was nothing he could do about that since that was the way they were all built in this community. He even went out to the truck and brought a piece of plastic pipe and showed us what it looked like. Fundamentally, the only problem I had with the whole affair was that we paid 70 bucks for the guy to tell us that and do nothing. It was not a good experience.

He said maybe if he would call 2-10 up and tell them he didn’t do any work, he could maybe get me not to pay the thing. Then, I never heard from him again. I know that didn’t happen and I'm sure if he charged 2-10 something, then we are gonna have to pay that. On the whole, everything from 2-10's end was fine, but from the plumber’s end, it wasn’t. The thing turns on and we hear a sound, but when we tried it out and put some stuff in there, it backed up and it didn't seem like it wanted to go down the drain easily. We were afraid to use it. If it was potentially cracked and could leak, we wondered why not get somebody out here to do something about it. We figured he was gonna replace it, but he said it was a really nice unit and there was nothing he could do about the pipe.

There are two sinks. The garbage disposal is on one side and the other side is the plain drain, but the two things are straight across. When you use the garbage disposal, whatever you're disposing of has to go across the other drain, but it doesn’t go down. It goes up to get out of there, so I don’t see how anything could ever get out of there unless you were running a fire hose to it. He didn’t wanna try to change the drain when he found that the garbage disposal was okay, so his final statement was there was no solution to the problem.

At that point, my wife said what was the point of even having garbage disposal if I could not use it. We are very gingerly putting tiny things because the guy said we can put this and that. We got the list that is so long. He said no eggshells, no onions. What was the purpose of the advice if you couldn't do anything? I don’t know how much of that is true or not because I don’t know how every other home in this place is. The people who owned the house before have somehow lost or misplaced or didn’t have the black rubber, circular plunge that you use. The plumber brought one of those from the truck, so we could plunge the thing. Otherwise, if you plunge it, it is just gonna go back and forth between the two sinks. You have to close the other sink. He got that for us and we paid $70 for a stopper. Nonetheless, there is nothing wrong with the 2-10 part. The guy was very prompt.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ted, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractor's performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I've been with 2-10 for four years now. I always submit claims over the phone since their people are slow and I can only imagine that the website’s gonna be slow too. While they are not as fast as I would like, they rarely cause issues. If we have a problem, they work with us to get it fixed. They've taken care of whatever issues that arise for the most part. Most of their reps are always very nice, but individually they are not very good at empathizing with the customer. There are no exceptions and they handle things exactly the same way. A couple of years ago, my furnace was out for several days because the contractor assigned to my case wasn’t available until several days later. It was in the wintertime so unless we had a baby in the house, an elderly person or someone who was ill, there was no expediting of the order.

Recently, my dryer was not heating and it was a very long endeavor. The person who was supposed to show up on multiple occasions didn’t show up twice. When he came, it was just an inspection so he didn’t have the part that he needed. We scheduled him to come again the next day, and the part didn’t come in. We had to schedule again for him to come out. He came out and he finally had the part. My cousin took off work to meet him because I had taken off work four times to meet them. My cousin walked upstairs to grab something from his room, and as my cousin was walking back from his room, the guy was walking out the front door and he said that everything was good. We already paid him his service call on the very first visit because that's the way it works. My cousin tried to catch him, and when he went to try the dryer, it didn’t work. the contractor didn’t test it.

I followed up with the dispatcher and she asked me via text message if everything was working okay. She said to try a few more things, which we did and it still wasn’t working. She said to call 2-10 and say it’s still not working, and they will come back out. That rubbed me the wrong way because of the way that the contractor left. It’s already been a couple of weeks through this process. I called 2-10 and got escalated to a manager. I said that these people were trying to scam them. I had 2-10 reassign it to another person. He came out and wasn’t even in the house for 15 minutes but got the dryer fixed. There was a heat sensor in the back that popped and needed to be replaced.

Home warranty companies do not pay contractors very well. The types of contractors that they attract are oftentimes not clean-cut and are a little on the rougher side. I warned my cousin to make sure that he was keeping an eye on them because sometimes they're not always incentivized to do their very best. It could be 2-10’s fault also because they're hiring hobos to come work on people’s stuff. But 2-10 themselves have always been gracious. After the second people came out, the dryer has been working as expected.

I’ve had a more recent service call, except I didn’t file it with 2-10. I was going to, but it’s been so cold here in Indiana and I'm home sick so I cannot wait. For some reason, my furnace wasn’t lighting. They said that I can go out of network, then they’ll reimburse me later based on the amount that they pay. I found someone in town who could come out the next day instead of later that week. And because the fix was easy, their service call was only $75 instead of the $100 that I was gonna pay 2-10. I didn’t file it with them because it’s $25 cheaper than what I would've paid them anyway.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Hi Ben, we are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our organization. However, we appreciate your feedback on our contractors' performance. If you ever have an issue again with a contractor, please feel free send us a private message with your full property address or work order number, and a brief description of your experience, to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/210HBW. Thank you for your feedback and your continued support.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

About two weeks ago, an issue when my garbage disposal came up. When I got the call to make an appointment, I asked the lady at the plumbing company to call me 30 minutes prior to coming over. But I got sick and she actually sent her plumber to my home when I was sick. They were literally in my driveway and I was at the doctor’s office getting something. But it was fine. The lady was apologetic and when I asked if they could come out the next week, she said, “Of course.” But then I got called out of town on business and they showed up at the house again without calling.

The lady called me a couple of days later and let me have it. She told me that she had saved my voicemail where I switched the point of time. I told her that yes, that was when I told them I was gonna be out of town and to call my roommate. My roommate was supposed to show up but he was like, “I'm not gonna sit around the house if a company is not gonna call me and tell me when they're gonna be on their way.” And no one called him. But the lady had the audacity to call me and tell me that if they came back to my house, I would have to pay the other fee. She made it sound like we deliberately stood them up and she was quick to point out that I wasn’t there and that I owed her a $75 extra fee. I told her that I didn’t mind paying one fee. It was my kind of fault that my roommate wasn’t there. But I told her that the first time was their fault and I was not paying them two fees.

I even had to relate with her. I told her that my dad is a contractor and she said, “Well, with your dad being a contractor, you should know to be in the house if someone comes.” But I told her that my dad always calls his client before coming over. Besides, I specifically asked them to call me. I told her I had no control with me getting sick then she said, “Well, when you're feeling better and your roommate or whoever is there, then you can call us back.” But I thought I didn’t have to deal with her to begin with. I’m not that stupid. I’ve always had a warranty on my house and I was dealing with the warranty company. I called 2-10 and the representative said that the contractor was not gonna charge them and to let them know if the contractor overcharged us. I told the rep that I almost didn’t wanna deal with the contractor but I would call and reschedule. I did call but the contractor never called me back.

Gwendolyn from 2-10 called me a week ago and asked if the garbage disposal had gotten fixed. I said that it was still broken. She told me that the lady from the plumbing company had called and complained that I stood them up twice. I guess the lady didn’t know that I had called 2-10 in the interim. I told Gwendolyn it was an absolute lie but that I would use the contractor again because the garbage disposal needed to be fixed. She was a kind young lady and she told me to call them back if I would need another plumber.

But a couple of days later, my dad came by and he reached down in the garbage disposal. I didn’t think he was supposed to do that but he did it. He said that someone had dropped some bolts from the countertop. It fell in the garbage disposal and that was what the grinding noise was. I thought the garbage disposal was bad. But the garbage disposal has been fixed and I never re-called the lady from the plumbing company to reschedule. Based on her attitude, I wouldn’t have used her anyway. But that’s literally the only thing that has happened. Otherwise, I’ve had a good experience with 2-10 and I have been very happy with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty response

Thank you so much for your review, Arthur. We are disheartened to read about the way this service provider handled your claim. We apologize for any stress they may have caused you, and we appreciate your communication with our staff throughout this process. Our escalations team has received your feedback and will investigate this contractor further. If you need any additional support, please send us a direct message on either our Facebook or Yelp pages, and we will be happy to assist.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage exclusions

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty covers the failure of systems and appliances due to normal wear and tear. Pre-existing conditions will only be considered for coverage if they were unknown and could not have been detected by visual inspection or simple mechanical test. 2-10’s service agreement does not cover damage due to misuse or abuse or natural disasters. They also won’t handle hazardous materials, like asbestos.

As is typical with most home warranties, 2-10 does not cover cosmetic defects. In the event a replacement item is provided, there are no guarantees they’ll match the existing brand and color of your current item.

Code violations and haul away services are only covered with the Supreme Protection add-on and HVAC Plus plan add-on. Commercial appliances are not covered under the warranty.

There may also be item-specific exclusions. These will be listed in your contract, so be sure to look for these and understand your coverage. Often, parts and components deemed non-essential to the core function of the item may be excluded. For example, while most of your kitchen appliances may be covered, parts like glass, shelves and accessories may not be covered.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty coverage limits

2-10 Home Buyer’s Warranty lists the maximum aggregate liability for all claims in a contract term at $25,000. This is one of the higher limits we’ve seen. There is also an item specific limit on certain appliances and systems. This is the maximum 2-10 will pay for the repair or replacement of the item within one contract term.

Item2-10’s coverage limit
Built-in or sealed refrigeration units$2,500
Faucet repair and/or replacement$150/faucet
Toilet replacement, in the event of sediment/ calcium build-up$300/toilet
Limited roof leak$1,000/term
Septic system$500/term
Swimming pool$1,000/term
Well pump$500/term
Steam, hot water heat, hydronic systems, geothermal and water source systems, air conditioners, high-velocity systems$1,500/term
Concealed or concrete encased items pertaining to ductwork, water, gas, drain, piping, leaks, breaks and wiring$500/term
*Limits subject to change. Check your service agreement for up-to-date numbers

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty FAQ

Is a home inspection required by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

No, a home inspection is not required to get coverage from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.

Can I choose my own service provider?

Maybe. In the event that a 2-10 authorized contractor is unavailable, you may be able to select your own technician. The technician will diagnose the problem and then call 2-10 for prior authorization before beginning the work.

Is there a cancellation fee for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Yes. A $25 processing fee will be applied to your cancellation. Cancellation within 30 days entitles you to a full-refund less this fee, while cancellation after 30 days will receive a pro-rated refund. Cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.

How do I request a service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

Claims can be submitted online through the 2-10 homeowner portal or by calling their toll-free number. Both methods are available 24/7, and you can log in to the homeowners portal to check the status of your request at any time. To request service from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty:

1. Submit a claim to 2-10.
  2. 2-10 will assign and dispatch a service contractor.
  3. Dispatched contractor will diagnose and repair the item if it’s covered under your warranty.
  4. You will pay the service call fee.

Emergency service: In emergency situations, 2-10 will make every effort to expedite a technician to your home within 24 hours.

Is 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty worth it?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty gives homeowners around-the-clock peace of mind should something in their home break. In business for nearly four decades, the company has accrued valuable experience taking care of homeowners around the country. Homeowners should be prepared to pay a service call fee for each separate service request. Overall, we found the pricing fair and the coverage adequate, if a little less comprehensive than other plans available. If you’re looking for straightforward coverage of your major systems and appliances, 2-10 should fit the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Information