toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Hattie. We are happy to hear that you have had an easy experience with us thus far. Thank you for the review.

Original review: March 31, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was suggested by my realtor when I bought this house. When I filed a claim to them I went online and filled out a form that had a few questions. Once I did my claim, they called me to get things set up. The contractor came on time and took care of the problem quickly. I paid the deductible and 2-10 took care of the rest. All in all, it was pretty easy and if I have an issue, I won't hesitate to put in a claim.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Patricia. We are very glad to hear that your experience thus far has been fine. We hope to keep improving in our service for years to come.

Original review: March 26, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was recommended to me by my realtor friend. I've been with them for two years now. I've only had a few claims, and they've been fine with dealing with it. I submitted the claims online, and it has been fairly easy. Overall, my experience has been fine and adequate. I would recommend them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Jessica. We want to take another look into your claim. We are sorry for any headache this process has caused you. Thank you for reaching out to us online.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I have submitted two claims. One for refrigerator water that was not running out of the dispenser and because it was dripping out, they said it was not covered. Now I'm dealing with a second claim that was denied. My bathtub is leaking and they sent a company out who did not even run the bathtub water. The warranty company originally approved the repair but I think the company (Air Max plumbing) did not like the amount that was given as they originally posted. Told me it was only partially approved and said they would get the whole thing approved by the time the appointment came.

Then on the day of the appointment I call them to ask and they said the warranty company denied it. I call the warranty company who says they denied it because it was said the bathtub was installed incorrectly. How did I previously take a bath if it was installed incorrectly? And why was it previously partially approved? Does that even make sense? I think Air Max could not get paid what they wanted by the warranty company so they decided to make up something that would get denied. This house warranty is a joke as they find excuse after excuse to not cover anything that goes wrong. Very disappointed customer!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Anita. We appreciate your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that this has been your experience. I am going to forward this to an escalation team and have them review your case.

Original review: April 13, 2017

Our realtor gave us this home warranty but it is as worthless as the paper it's printed on. They were not able to find any contractors in our area that were willing to work with them and now I know why. Could not get any help with kitchen appliances. Finally, HVAC went out and they say they will only pay to replace the compressor on a 15-yr. old unit. So many hoops to jump through for no reason. Have never dealt with such a horrible company. They wanted to send us someone from another state to look at our HVAC! Only with I could give them NO STARS!

Consumer Increased Rating!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Bruce. Thank you for the feedback. You raise some good points about this tune up schedule. Unfortunately this was the time frame we came up with for homeowners to schedule this service. However, I will forward this to my team and see if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I am a new homeowner and live in Upstate NY. I contacted them to schedule a pre-season AC tune-up (originally a $40.00 fee added to initial contract) but after spending 43:29 sec on the phone with customer service rep and then supervisor it was disclosed to me that these "tune-ups" can only occur between Feb and Mar. February and March?? When average lows are below 20 degrees F, and snow flying they want to "tune up my AC by washing coils, hosing out leaves and debris, and running my central air?" I am not even kidding... "Well it's in the contract." I think it is just bad faith negotiating and very poor customer service. It was then disclosed that I could ask for a refund of 40.00 (nothing is guaranteed though), schedule a regular visit for the price of $100.00 and it would merely be a functionality test and even then not all work is covered. Ugh! I feel like I just left a car dealer with an extended warranty that warrants nothing.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Mitchell. Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with us. We hope to continue providing you with quality service.

Original review: April 13, 2017

When I purchased this home the realtor bought 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for us for the first year as a gift. And we renewed it ever since then. I have difficulty with having to try to submit the claim on the computer before I actually talk to somebody. I don't particularly care for that part but that's part of the deal. However, all of the service contractors have been very good and it appears that we get our money's worth with 2-10. I recommended them to a number of people and they seemed pleased with it also and it's been a good experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We appreciate the review Cheryl. We are happy that we can provide reliable and trustworthy service, Thank you for the continued business.

Original review: April 12, 2017

We've had the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for 11 years since we purchased the house. I don’t think the warranty is worth it but it’s for peace of mind. I have no problem when submitting a claim including interactions with the claims representatives though we had a little dispute one time. I've always been satisfied with the service contractors as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Shannon. Thank you for reaching out to us online. We are going to send this claim to an escalation team to see if there is anything else we can do.

Original review: April 11, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever tried to deal with in my life. For starters the form we signed at escrow and sent a check for was not the same contract form that we received later and that they follow. Many more additional exclusions! We called in a claim due to the air conditioning system not blowing any air. That was 4 weeks ago and 2 different contractors to look at the problem. The first contractor was here for 5 minutes then told us to call someone else to get a air balance report. How do you get an air balance report if it doesn't blow any air? The second contractor said the return air duct might be too small and that the 2.5 ton unit was too small and should be a 3.5 ton unit for a 1,500 sf house here in Az. Sounds to me like improper installation on both items so you would think we would be covered.

Then we never heard anything back from 2-10 Home Warranty. So we have been calling and requesting an answer via email which they said they would do but it's been over a week and we still don't have any email or correspondence from them stating what they are doing about our claim. Finally a supervisor told us our claim was denied and that the contractor wrote up the wrong reasons and they changed it to read "inadequate capacity" which isn't covered per the NEW CONTRACT they sent us in the mail. We are still waiting to receive a response in writing so we can address the issues. It's getting hotter by the day here, over 4 weeks have gone by and no resolution as to what we can do! They are the worst company I have ever dealt with in my life and my family is suffering because of their lack of communication and concern for our problem with our newly purchased house!

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Carl. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your experiences. We will keep in mind what you said about placing a service request on Friday.

Original review: April 11, 2017

We’ve been in the house for 3 years. We’ve had three different air conditioning problems, but it’s fixed now. However, a couple of times when we filed a claim with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, there was an issue. My wife has MS and we can’t be without air conditioning because the temperature affects her badly. It’s 95 degrees outside and I had to send my wife to our relatives for a week. We couldn’t even stay home. If something happens on Friday, it’s hard to get service. Sometimes we didn’t get any help until a week later because nobody calls you until Monday and then they schedule you for Friday. Other than that, it's been fine. The contractors were very polite and professional. Overall, they tried to do very well

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you so much for the feedback Allen. We are elated to hear that you have been with us for 12 years and enjoy our services. Thank you for the continued business and support.

Original review: April 9, 2017

2-10 was the warranty that was with the previous home owner. I felt it was more convenient at the time of purchase 12 years ago and I haven’t had any problem going forward. I've filed several claims with them and I essentially call it in. You have to be patient in the process but it’s not necessarily with 2-10, rather it's the availability of the contractor. Depending on the time of the year, the length of time someone comes out varies. During the summertime when my AC needed repair, it could be anywhere from a day to four days. But as far as the AC repair, it has been pretty consistent with the use of the same contractor. As long as the company is still a part of the warranty, I’ll go ahead and request their service. Overall, I’ve been pleased with 2-10 and I’ve continued to renew the contract over the years. I’d recommend them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

We appreciate you letting us know your experience with us Carlos. We formally apologize for any confusion that may have come about during your recent claim. We do hope you continue with us for the next year.

Original review: April 8, 2017

2-10 came with the house and we've had it for less than a year. The re-up is coming soon but we're not 100% on that. We had a couple of bad experiences with the home warranty folks so we're still debating. Submitting the claim was tricky. It was on a weekend and the first thing they came up was that it may be anytime between eight and twelve hours before somebody contacts me. Then, the plumbing company wanted me to wait 24 hours before they come out to the house. But my bathroom was about to smell so I called some other professional plumber who came right out and took care of it.

Then, right after I called the professional plumber, 2-10 called and asked me what the problem was and want me to go through everything again. But I've explained everything sufficiently in the claim so I didn't understand what the problem was. Also, the plumbing company's attitude on the phone wasn't all that great. They need to calm their attitudes. That's a major concern. Other than those, my experience with 2-10 was great.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Bernadette. We would appreciate the opportunity to reexamine your claim and see if there is anything else we can do to assist you. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to turn this situation around.

Original review: April 7, 2017

In January I requested a plumber for what we thought was a leak in our basement bathroom, sure enough that was what it was. When the plumber opened the wall to fix the pipe he discovered black mold. We had to have the bathroom gutted and then put back together at the tune of over $3500. Here is a few months later and we noticed the paint bubbling up, we believe there is another leak in one of the pipes behind the wall. I went online and put in a service request, several days later I got an email and voicemail stating that they had no one to send and I would have to find someone myself. This is one of the reasons why I have this policy, I don't have the time to call and find someone myself.

Now as far as I know I have mold growing behind my wall that is going to get worse if the leak is not taken care of. I tried to add a new service request but was given a message that said I already had one open! NOT IF IT ISN'T BEING FIXED!!!! My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If it takes too long to get this repaired and I have mold again, I will be forced to take legal action.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Beverly. We delighted to hear that you have had a successful experience with us so far. We are excited to continue providing you with easy and reliable service for years to come.

Original review: April 7, 2017

The previous owner of the house had 2-10 and when I purchased the home, it was a part of the package. I didn't change and I've had it since July of last year. My garage door needed repairing one time so I called them. Submitting the claim was simple and it wasn't difficult at all. Also, it was pretty good with the claims rep. The contractor was fine and he had to come back. It took a day because he started with one thing but the issue was something else. But other than that, there were no issues with it and it all worked out pretty good. The door is working fine since the repair. It's been a pretty good experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi there Darlene. We are elated to hear that your warranty was able to cover an expensive repair. We appreciate your review!

Original review: April 6, 2017

When I couldn't get any water out of the shower, my son who's a plumber looked and it and said he was afraid he'll break it if he messed with so he told me to use the warranty. So, I called 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty and a man came the next day and said “I don’t know what they put it together with.” But they had to take a hacksaw and saw it apart to get it to part. However, their bill wasn’t reasonable though I didn’t have to pay it. I paid the $100. The man said, “You can thank God you got the warranty. Otherwise, this would’ve been a pricey bill just to try to get that screw out of there.” My shower has been working very good since the repair and I’d recommend 2-10 to anybody. I’m very satisfied with them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Morgan. Our team is going to look at your claim again and see if there is anything else we can do. We are so sorry to hear that you had such poor service from our contractors. We can also go through the contractor reporting process if you feel they were unsatisfactory. Thank you for your feedback and we will reexamine your claim.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I got this home warranty when I purchased my first house. For starters, the companies they send your claims to are GARBAGE. I had multiple companies they routed me to that had an F on the Better Business Bureau, and 1 star on Google/Yelp. When I called to ask for a different company they gave me a really hard time, were rude, and would not send me to a supervisor one of the three times I asked to speak with a supervisor.

It took over a week to get my dishwasher fixed when it broke last month. Then, this month my AC doesn't work, and they send my service request to a F rated BBB company with nothing but atrocious reviews. I call in, asking for someone else and THEY WON'T CHANGE IT. They said the only option was for me to go outside of their network and pay for my own contractor to come in. I paid for a contractor from RS Andrews to come in, he said my thermostat is broken, I'm low on Freon, I have a leak in the coils, and that my system is a builders grade meant to last 5-7 years and it is 13, and needs to be completely replaced.

2-10 says they will authorize the freon, but not pay for a replacement. I had three other contractors come and all said it needed to be replaced, and couldn't be repaired. Then, they say in order to authorize replacement THEIR guy needs to come out. They routed me through another service provider (one week later in ATLANTA) and he says it needs to be replaced. This morning they tell me that they spoke to RS Andrews and their provider and they claim it can be REPAIRED instead of replaced.

I went back and checked the receipt from RS Andrews and nowhere does it mention replacing an Evap coil, and it explicitly states that the unit needs to be replaced due to age and other factors. This company is a rip off. After this experience I would NEVER deal with them again, and my realtor team is so fed up they are no longer going to be selling 2-10 warranties after 5+ years of using them as their preferred warranty provider.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Thank you for the review Don. We are excited to hear that you have had a satisfying experience with us so far. We look forward to your continued business.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I purchased a home and 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty were the ones who had the contract with the builder before that expired. I continued the coverage with 2-10 because it was the prudent thing to do. Their claims representatives have been courteous and always provided timely responses. I've received satisfactory work from the contractor in every case as well. I've only had two replacements and they have been working fine. The repairs have also been fine.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Simerjeet. We are very concerned about the experience you have had. We are going to send your review to an escalation team right away and have them reexamine your claim. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Original review: April 4, 2017

As any first time home-owners, we bought 2-10 Home warranty and hoped we will not need to use it last year April. But our stainless steel 30 inch microwave stopped heating sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It was all solid, would turn on, table moving, but won't warm/heat/cook anything. We called 2-10. They scheduled a contractor ATES Inc. I don't remember exactly when, but sometime in December contractor came, picked up our microwave and asked us to pay service fee which we paid right away. Then we just waited and waited, neither Contractors, nor 2-10 called us back for any follow up. We called the contractor sometime in Jan. After many calls directly to their voicemail, we were able to talk to them and they said soon they'll have resolution. Then again early Feb and then again end of Feb.

They finally dropped back (supposedly fixed) microwave in March and that too without the turning plate and asked for service fee, which I had to tell, we already paid. The guy dropping the microwave had a file and I saw the receipt of paid service fee in it. Then next week someone from ATES dropped the turning table. When I plugged my microwave to start, the number pad was all loose and microwave won't even turn on. It was worse since it was picked up. Seeing this I called back 2-10. They said, they have the order dispatched to same service, even though I told them how horrible the service of the contractors were. I still waited 36 hours, called back 2-10 and they said they couldn't get hang of the contractors so they sent another dispatch.

Now I to wait 24-48 hours again while contractors call me back. I asked what if I don't hear back from them by end of business day tomorrow. They said then they'll set up another contractor. I said, "should I call back to you guys if I don't hear from ATES?" and their answer was yes. Seriously I have nothing else in my life than to keep calling 2-10 or this ATES to have my microwave fixed. Someone else can fill in my responsibilities for my full time job, take care of my 6 month old boy, my 3 year old toddler, my house and my life. I made the mistake of getting 2-10 warranty and now I have to pay for my mistake by keep calling them and to get my microwave fixed which seems feels like impossible task.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Earla. We are sad to hear that you will be leaving. We appreciate the many years of business you gave us and we appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 4, 2017

Every year their price keep increasing. And I'm not talking about just a few dollars, I'm talking about hundreds of dollars increasing each year. Since 2005 when I had my home prior to this home, I've already been with 2-10 Warranty and I will only be with them until the end of the month. I just sent in a letter with payment and emailed to cancel my membership for the end of the month because that's too much money.

My AC had just gone out recently and I had an issue with the company that they sent out and I'm not happy with that company. As opposed to the contractor replacing the part, he went ahead and tried to fix the part. I just had surgery, so I'm suffering in this house because I don't have an AC which is crazy. Another tech came out yesterday because it went back out to try and get the part serviced and he even said the same thing, that it should've been replaced. And now, I got the email saying that it may not be till next Wednesday before they can come out and service it. With that being said, I think 2-10 dropped the ball on that one. Moreover, I may not be an expert with AC units, but I do have common sense and I know that if it's the same problem that exists, I don't pay the deductible again.

The company tried to get me to pay on the deductible again. I told them I'm not gonna do that because this is the same problem and they haven't fixed the problem. I talked to someone at 2-10 and she sent a note over to tell them that I shouldn't be paying the deductible again because I wasn't gonna pay it. Also, I called and I spoke to the lady from 2-10 when the guy that came out to do the unit told me I need to pay $158, but yet he puts on the receipt $100. She was supposed to check back and get back with me. She said if they didn't do what they're supposed to do I could get my refund of $58 back. I told her I had the receipt with me because I told the guy he needed to put something in the remarks about the $58, which he put $58 in the remarks, but he still left the total at $100. That just seemed a little underhanded to me. Something doesn't seem right about that.

Other than that and the prices that keep going up, I never had a problem with 2-10. Their customer service is outstanding. I'm a little sad that I may be leaving 2-10 Home Warranty because that wasn't the plan and I don't like jumping from place to place. But everything is hard nowadays and everything is high and I don't need to be paying $500 one year, then next year I'm paying $700. That's just crazy.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Aubry. Thank you for this very thorough review of your claim. I am going to send this off to my escalation team and see if there is anything else we can do to turn this situation around. We appreciate you giving us feedback and will do our best to try and help out your situation.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We moved into our house on Feb. 27, 2017. Our issue is with a Whirlpool washing machine that was originally installed when the house was built in late 2011. My wife completed a number of wash loads over a three day period without any problems. On the fourth day she used it and after running a number of loads the machine began making a knocking sound and she noticed a small pool of water on the floor. We contacted 2-10 and they sent out a repairman two days later. The repairman said the bearings were going out on the washer and that it appeared to have a small leak somewhere. He was unable to get it to leak again after running 3 cycles. He said the knocking came from one of the shock absorbers letting loose. He said machine was repairable and would submit request to 2-10.

A few days later the 2-10 representative called to say that the repair would not be covered since it was determined to be a preexisting condition and referred me to section 3 of the contract. Section 3 states that “covered items are to be in place and in good and safe working order at the beginning of the Service Agreement. Coverage will apply to an existing defect or mechanical failure provided the defect or mechanical failure could not have been detected by a visual inspection and a simple mechanical test. A covered item passes a visual inspection if the item is intact and without damage or missing parts that make the item inoperable. A system or appliance is in good and safe working order if the item functions normally without irregularity, smoke or other adverse outcome when operated.”

I told him that the washer looks brand new and that my wife had used the washer without any problems over a 3-day period. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked for his supervisor and got the same response from him. I then asked for a manager and after much resistance finally talked to the supposed manager. Had to go through the facts again for the third time. She said I should have had the washer and dryer inspected by the home inspector. I told her that 2-10 is well aware of the fact that washer and dryers are outside the scope of a normal home inspection.

Also the exception does not appear to say that any inspection has to be done only that if an inspection HAD been done that it would not have detected any visual or mechanical issues. The fact that the machine looks like a new machine and that my wife used it over a period of three days cleared proves that no visual or simple mechanical test would have disclosed any problems initially. The manager at this point got upset and stated there was no way that they were going to cover a machine with a preexisting condition and basically refused to discuss further. I told her I intended to file complaints with any applicable agencies and she said do what you have to do and hung up on me.

It appears that this company mainly tries to only get the initial premium without any regard to working with customers to develop a long term relationship. The paragraph 3 mentioned above when interpreted as they do gives them an "escape clause" to not cover almost any appliance or item. I am truly disappointed in the service I have received. We had even upgraded our service to Supreme for an additional premium of $100 after reviewing the various coverage. I now feel like not only were we scammed out of the original $465 but also an additional $100. I hope 2-10 will read this and do the morally right thing. I am a disabled Vietnam veteran and now a senior citizen. I hate to think that I have to go to such an extent with a large company to get what we paid for and should have had coverage without any problems.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Xinzhi. We are sending this over to a representative so that they can reexamine your claim. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 3, 2017

2-10 customer service will tell you they don't have service in your area and ask you to identify a contractor yourself. Even you get authorization before the work, they won't keep any authorization in the record and will try every way they can to deny any payment. Never let them fool you. Insist on that they send someone to fix your program. Please also pay attention, there is a $500 cap. Also, customer service is very rude and with limited experience. Don't trust them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Claude. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services. Thank you for the review.

Original review: April 3, 2017

When we bought this house, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty came with it. We did a couple claims and their technicians did a real good job. Overall, I like it and they've done a great a job.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Kathleen. Thank you very much for giving us a five star rating and the continued business. I will forward this to my team and have them look into your password issue. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: April 2, 2017

My realtor recommended 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty when I bought the house. She had a positive experience with them. I'm retired now, but I sold real estate in Atlanta and I always worked with American Home Shield. But in Tucson my realtor was with Long Realty and they prefer 2-10. It's been very satisfactory when submitting a claim through 2-10. I usually try to do it online.

However, I've had trouble with their website accepting a change in password. My assigned password is convoluted, so I have to write it down and remember it. But if it doesn't work, I'd call 2-10 and I get good response. I keep getting stuck with those bizarre letters and numbers that they send me as my password, and I never seem to be able to get rid of those. Nonetheless, I would recommend them.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Judy. After receiving your review on Yelp, we reexamined your claim to try our best and find coverage.

According to the representative that worked your claim, you sent in to us an inspection and unfortunately it did not help your case. The denial is going to stand. We have however tried to reach out to you and offer the chance for you to send in any invoices you might have that show the issues on your inspection were addressed. In that case, we may be able to to figure something out. However you have not responded to us and unfortunately all we can do currently it let the denial stand. If you want to send in the invoices, please reach out to us again.

Original review: April 2, 2017

My experience with 2-10 HOME WARRANTY has been terrible. Recently bought a house and got a home warranty from 2-10. Within the first 30 days I had to call to have someone come look at our heat pump as it wasn't blowing cold... Service tech said it would definitely be replaced or repaired. 2-10 is refusing to touch it at all claiming preexisting conditions!!! REALTORS DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE CROOKS... HOME BUYER BEWARE OF 2-10. READ REVIEWS!!! I most certainly wish I had or my realtor had because if we did we would have chosen a different company...

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Julio. We are elated to hear that you are so satisfied with our services. We appreciate the 5 star review. We hope to continue providing you with quality service for years to come.

Original review: April 1, 2017

When my warranty on the house dwindled down, I researched a little bit, then I renewed with 2-10 because their warranty was what we were provided with originally when I built the house brand new, so I figured that I might as well stay with them. We've had coverage through them for eight years. Everything went good with them. Every time that I had a problem, I called the reps and the service was excellent. No problems at all. It was very good when submitting a claim with 2-10 and the reps online were excellent. The service contractors that were sent out to do the repair work were very good, and everybody was super professional. If we ever bought another house, I would use them again. They're great and wonderful.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Barbara. First off, we offer our sincerest apologies for the way this claim has been handled. Due to the review you left on Yelp, we have been following up with your claim the past couple of days. I just received word from the representative working your claim that we are making strides towards resolution. Please reach out through social if you need anything else.

Original review: March 31, 2017

We have had a 2-10 warranty for 4 years. At first, we were very satisfied, but in the last 6 weeks have had such poor service that we are cancelling our warranty. In mid-February, we made a claim on our refrigerator. The ice maker had dumped large amounts of water into the freezer, which had run into our basement. Shut off the water and called 2-10. Repairman showed up on 2/20, replaced compressor, could not get ice maker to work. He returned the next day with new ice maker and installed. No ice. He called next day to say he may have forgotten to turn water back on. I turned on water, noticed pipe was wet, but think much of it. Still no ice. I called repairman back. (It took several times to get an answer, tried leaving messages.) Reported problems, said the water line would need to be seen by a plumber.

Made another claim through 2-10 for plumber, another $75 service charge, nut needed tightened. Several more calls before I could finally reach someone, said water line was fixed, still no ice. Made appt for repair. No show, no call. In the meantime, I am having some electrical issues. I have a circuit that keeps cutting in and out, not tripping the breaker. Make request through 2-10. On March 10, an electrician shows up to work on the circuit. He replaces a couple of outlets, the electricity is currently on, he leaves. The circuit soon goes out (again, not tripping breaker) and stays out. I am without electricity in 3 of my 4 bedrooms and part of my sewing room. Call him back. He can't take care of it today, he'll get back. I understand, it's Friday, we can wait until Monday. More phone calls, no response.

2 days ago I finally call back 2-10 and complain. They will take care of it right away, yadda, yadda. Electrician set to show up 2/29. No show. Refrigerator repairman set to show up 3/30. No show. Yesterday I call 2-10 back and tell them what is going on and that I need them to send someone else -- someone who will actually show up -- to fix these issues. Can't do that. It has to be the original contractors OR I will have to pay 2 new service charges. Asked to speak to a supervisor. Same thing, only with snippy attitude. It must be the original contractors, who refuse to show up. So, I have been without an icemaker for 38 days, and without electricity in my bedrooms now for 3 weeks. DO NOT USE THIS WARRANTY COMPANY. Poor customer service, no oversight of subcontractors.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Jennifer. As we have already sent this to you on Facebook on the 28th of March, we will respond on consumer affairs with the same explanation we sent you then. Your water heater was an 80 gallon water heater. The Department of Energy made changes to the efficiency of the water heaters and have classified anything above 65 gallons to be commercial and must add heat pumps and/or gas condensing technology to them. Many residential homes are not affected by this change. However, because your unit was 80 gallons, your unit needed to undergo changes to include heat pump technology. Based on our service agreement, we do not pay to upgrade your unit, therefore we offered you what was comparable to what you had in the home. Your 80 gallon water heater is equal to 2- 40 gallon water heaters. We understand it was not ideal for your situation and when that occurs but we do try to offer as many options as we can.

In regard to your renewal offer, there are occasions when our system automatically places a customer on a do not renew status. It is not bias and there is specific criteria that it must meet before it happens. It is unfortunate that this happened and that no one called or sent you a notice. We will pass your feedback on to the appropriate individuals that oversee this area of the business. We as a company have elected to stand by the systems decision. We sincerely appreciate you reaching out to us, because without your feedback, we never would have known that this was an issue.

We hope that everything is little more clear for you now with this explanation. We are so sorry for the trouble the water heater has caused and the fact that we will not renew with you. We wish you the best Jennifer.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I have been a loyal 2-10 customer since 2013 and have purchased many of the extended coverage services. Last year we had a claim for our water heater and I have not been happy at all with the outcome. 2-10 would not replace the water heater with the same capacity of the unit that went out. They put an "attached" tank on top as if that would get us to the same capacity we had, which it did not. They said that was the best they could do or we could pay the difference for a second water heater. I assume some fine print somewhere allows them to take this position. Prior to this claim, we had a few others during our time with 2-10. Most problems were resolved, but not without many phone calls and at times "parts not covered".

So here we are in March of 2017. I realize that I should have received a notice from 2-10 to purchase my warranty for the next year as it expired in February. I call 2-10 to inquire about my renewal and I am told they will not be renewing our warranty. The representative said to email a specific manager to review the account and I would get a response within 24 hours. I did not get a response in 24 hours. I called again yesterday (4 days later) and today I finally received a response back stating they will not be able to renew our warranty service and simply referenced the "section" of the agreement that gives them the right not to renew our warranty. So, on top of the issues we have had, they are not going to allow us to renew our warranty and do not even have the common courtesy to send us a notice before our current warranty expires. They simply let it expire and left it up to us to find out on our own.

Absolutely horrible way to treat a customer! No specific explanation as to why we cannot renew with them either. So let me take a stab at why... they spent more money on my water heater repair than they collected from me. I will be sharing my experience on every social media platform and telling as many people that I know to avoid 2-10.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Alesha. Thank you for reaching out to us online. I am going to forward this claim to my team and see if there is anything else we can do for you.

Original review: March 30, 2017

We closed on our home on 3.13.2017. On 3.20.2017 the finished basement flooded with water coming up from the ground. I assumed customer care that it was an issue with the sump pump and was told that it would not be covered. On 3.25.2017 I called out of curiosity to verify what my coverage did include when I was told it was to include my sump pump. Created a service request and on 3.29.2017 a contractor came to evaluate the situation. My sump pump was buried outside in the dirt underground. I was told it was need to be dug up, and relocated including jackhammering part of the unfinished side of my basement and that it would all be included in my warranty. Today, 03.30.2017 I get a call stating it's my responsibility to dig up the old pump and that 2-10 was only going to cover up to $500 for the relocation. The job will cost nearly 5k.

Please tell me how this is supposed to protect the home buyer. Before being questioned, yes we paid for an inspection, no it didn't come up as an issue. And to top it all off I've spoke to about 8 reps with 2-10 and they all tell me different answers, and all but two were either rude or hung up on me. The last rep was wonderful but had to play back and forth because the manager I requested considering all the confusion "refused to take my call." Ridiculous. We didn't choose this company and will highly attempt to divert anyone looking for a home warranty to steer clear of them. Dissatisfied is an understatement and my attorney will handle it from here. BUYER BEWARE.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings Dennis. My team is going to review your claim and see if there is anything else we can do to assist you. We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 30, 2017

When we bought the house, our agent recommended 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. We’ve submitted a claim twice and so far, my interactions with their contractors were okay. We paid the approved vendor $100 deductible and then they submitted to 2-10 for final payment on whatever else the balance was. However, we’ve had problems calling the line 2-10 set up. Also, I wish they would give me a choice of vendors because, they just told me a company will be calling me to set it up, but I don’t know if these guys are any good or not. I have to take the assumption that they have been properly vetted.

As a whole, I am completely disappointed with it. The homeowner warranty has been a complete waste of money. We paid $500 for the home warranty to begin with, a $100 deductible and they covered nothing basically. Most recently, we had our garbage disposal go out. We had to pay $100 deductible. They would only provide you a builder grade version of a garbage disposal, which was poorly rated. So we went with an upgraded one. We only got reimbursed $92 for a garbage disposal. I would have been better off calling the guy directly and not even have gone through the warranty.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Eugenia. Your experience with this plumbing contractor is very concerning. I will be forwarding this to a representative so that we can follow up with you about your experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 29, 2017

The vendor that came for the furnace was very good. I liked him. He was very nice and he knew what he was doing. He came in, checked it all and he personally showed me what it is, how they're gonna fix it, and what to look for if the situation repeats itself. That was good and he didn’t tell me I need to have extra work. So I’m happy with that. But sometimes contractors come in here and they see that I need this and that.

When the plumber, I was not that crazy about that because they said something was not installed properly and there is an issue and if I want to correct it, he’s gonna give me a price. I know this is a come-on for doing unnecessary work and I really hate it when they do that. I had two inspections on the property and no one said there was an issue with the plumbing. So, I called the previous owner and he said that everything was fine. He told me what needs to be done in order to correct the issue. So I tried doing it myself. It was hard because I didn’t have the tools.

And when the guy came back, I told him about my inspection plus what the previous owner told me. Reluctantly, he did the minor repairs but if anything happens again in plumbing, although everything is in great order, if I have to call and I see these people’s names I would not use them again. So I was very upset with him because they’re trying to rip me off. Other than that, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty is great. It was not their fault that this contractor decided to try to pull the wool over my eyes. A lot of people say, “Well, the insurance is gonna pay for it.” That annoys me because the insurance and the owner should not have to get ripped off.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Jesse. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback here and on Yelp. From our perspective, this is how your situation played out. You had a claim that was an emergency. It appears at the time the service agreement was not in an active status because we had not received payment. Due to this, you had to have the work completed out of network.

We reviewed the claim in July and tried to find coverage, even though the work was completed with no prior approval. However, the issue was a sewage line failure outside the foundation. We do not cover claims outside the foundation of the home so we were unable to find coverage.

As for Rebecca, your issue with her is being investigated by management. Though we do not see what review you are talking about where she was complained about by another customer, please rest assured that we will make sure your experience with her is addressed.

As for your metaphor "They couldn't warranty a flood in the ocean" we do not agree with this statement. With your situation, we tried our best to find coverage for you but unfortunately your situation was not covered.

If you have any other questions, please reach out. We would be more than willing to discuss this with you over a phone call.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Horrible service. I had a claim back in 2016 when I had bought my first house. I lived in my house for 4 months when I had a sewage problem starting in my 2 bathrooms coming up through the toilet and the showers. I did read the policy and the policy does cover polybutylene, the damage happened underneath my house and continued out into my front yard. 2-10 said I needed to contact home insurance and I did and told me the warranty should cover it. 2-10 didn't cover it and said it is not on the policy and I need to read it again. And to top it off 2-10 didn't have record of me having a warranty, which wasn't all of their fault, part of it was the realtor.

This all happened over 4th of July weekend. I went without any water for a total of 5 days. The plumber was the only nice person throughout the process. It took almost 2 weeks for me to get my home warranty because of the mix-up. By that time I had paid Mr. Rooter plumbing $2,000 bill for everything to get fixed. I was really upset because they weren't going to cover it and I had to pay for it all.

Rebecca called to renew my policy and I told her why I am not and cut me off and went on about the policy and that I didn't read it. I've seen her name on here already for review, and I agree she is horrible and rude like others have said. I will not renew the warranty and do not want to talk to anyone else from there. I am in service as well and she was not professional. Obviously I would not recommend 2-10 to warranty my house ever again. They couldn't warranty a flood in the ocean.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Greetings John. We are delighted to hear that you have had an overall positive experience with us and would like to formally thank you for recommending us to your clients. We appreciate the constructive criticism you have outlined and will do our best to implement solutions for the issues you have expressed. We appreciate your continued business and loyalty. Without customers like you, we would not be the company that we are today. If there is anything you need, please feel free to reach out to us on Social media. Our team will make sure you are taken care of.

Original review: March 27, 2017

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty's local representative sold me on their service. I have had them for about 4 years now and submitting a claim with them has been pretty good and usually easy. I have submitted most claims online and they have been fairly responsive. The vendor would call me to follow up and then come out in due time.

The service contractor who is an appliance repair person has probably been out on about three-fourths of the calls to my house. He is very confident, but he would be more confident if he spoke English. He speaks a foreign language and there have been a couple of instances where he has not gotten the full understanding of what I was trying to describe, and it has required multiple visits. Once he understands the problem, he fixes it, but getting that understanding across easily is not done. And that is the biggest problem which I have told 2-10's local rep about.

Unfortunately, over the three to four years that we have negotiated, he did not learn to speak English much better. And it is very frustrating to me because despite the fact that I requested on several occasions to not send him, he is the only appliance repair person they will send to my house. I understand it is difficult to find local contractors but they need to work a better translation system for him. The one time he has not been there on an appliance repair was on the third occasion regarding my dishwasher. They finally sent another party and he determined that the dishwasher wasn’t fixable, and I got a new one, which is great.

Nevertheless, I love 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. They have saved me a lot of money over the years that I have them. I plan on keeping them as a permanent fixture of my budgetary process. The only thing I wish is a little faster response time. Typically, I would wait three to four days for a response. A month or two ago, my refrigerator stopped working and I called on Friday about 3:00 in the afternoon. The vendor called me about 4:00 that afternoon but couldn’t get out to see me until Tuesday. It took him about 7 and a half minutes to replace the part that had gone bad, but I've lost $50 to $100’s worth of food.

A little bit more responsiveness might have saved me some money. I understand Friday afternoon is probably the worst, but I asked for an emergency call-out and I got Tuesday. But they are still better than the other vendors I have dealt with. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty does a lot of things very well. And I probably sell 30 to 40 of their warranties each year as I am a realtor.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

Hi Amelia. We are happy to hear you ended up with a contractor that helped you out. Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate your continued business.

Original review: March 25, 2017

We've been happy with the contractors sent by 2-10 except with one company. The contractor came for two different things. We had a problem with our toilet and he scratched it up. He was very rough and acted like he was in a hurry. We realized we couldn't deal with that particular company anymore and then we found out we can request a certain company to come. It was a drain out notice and it made the best experience.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty Company Profile