2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: April 27, 2020

We have a 25 cubic foot stainless steel side by side refrigerator, 3 1/2 years old. On the 8th we noticed the freezer wasn't freezing (thought we had left the door open), but on the 9th we noticed water on the floor from the ice melting, called Sears where we purchased it and got the name of 2 service techs. The next day he came out and said the compressor had gone out (he mentioned that LG is known for this, and GOOD LUCK with service from them), he gave us a quote to fix it, said for what it would cost it would be better to get a new one. The next day we went to Sears to look for a new one, found out through them that the refrigerator was 100% warranty from LG on parts and labor, so we went home and called LG the next day. By this time we have lost hundreds of dollars in meat and other items out of the fridge and freezer.

After contacting LG and talking with an agent, and letting them know we had a compressor go out (let me tell you, every time I talk with a new one, and every time the language barrier makes the communication hard), anyway they said they would get a service call right out. That was on Monday the 13th, I did not hear from them so I called back, and again no service scheduled, the agent said they would expedite and get a service request. On Thursday the 15th, I got an email that we would have a service call on Friday. Friday morning I called A&E service to verify the service and time, they had NO record of a service call. So I called LG and they told me to call A &E myself to schedule, so I did, well A & E says they cant set it up because it's under warranty and I have to go through LG, so I call LG back again. I was on the phone for 51 minutes (mostly on hold) with a Michael, results, they will expedite, give them 2-3 business days.

On 4-21 called LG to see where we were, was told that A & E has scheduling issues, give them 2-3 business days. Called LG on 4-24, same thing, give them 2-3 days, but this time they offered to pay up to $200.00 for a refrigerator rental. I declined, one, doubt this would pay for a rental for as long as this is taking, and two, we lost everything when it went, so basically living on the basics to get by, NEVER thought it would take this long. I asked for corporate phone number, but forgot this was suppose to be a manager I was talking with, so I was given a phone number and it was the 1st number I ever called for the service, this person hung up on me.

Called the "corporate" number back 256-612-5359. Talked with Rads, while on the phone with me he called A& E and told me that A & E accepted a work order for the repair, but have no record of it, so HE IS GOING TO EXPEDITE THIS TO CORPORATE OFFICE,, GIVE THEM ANOTHER 2-3 DAYS to get a response. However he did offer because of my issues they would authorize a local service repair and pay for the parts, we pay the service and labor and they would reimburse us up to $450.00. I passed on that option, if they reimburse as fast as they get service I may never see the money, and at this point in all of this, I do not trust them. I feel all I have got is a run around and a way of them hoping we will go buy a new refrigerator and drop the repair claim. Not gonna happen.

P.S. when we were looking at Sears in the beginning, was looking at a Kenmore Elite, however now that I know it is made by LG, there is no way I would buy it. Our original local service man that we had, told us good luck with LG, obviously this is their normal customer service. We have become a disposable society, and nothing last like it use to, but when you spend $1500.00 on a refrigerator it should last more than 3 1/2 years, and if it still is covered under warranty, you shouldn't have to go through what I have. I would not recommend anything LG, if this is how they take care of their customers.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Beth. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 26, 2020

My LG french door Refrigerator & Freezer stopped cooling after 7 years of no issues. Called LG repair department on (4/14) and they scheduled me with an LG certified technician. The Tech (Hector) arrived at my house on time on (04/17), and fixed my fridge very professionally. The complete cost of repair was reasonable since I was not charged with a new compressor (old one was under 10 years warranty). Currently, (04/26), my fridge is working with no issues. I hesitated at first to pay the upfront charge but it ended up being well worth it so far. I'm crossing my fingers. :-)

Original review: April 25, 2020

Paid almost $3000 for a refrigerator only to have it fail in less than 2 years. Save yourself time, money and frustration. Just because it is expensive does not make it a product that is well built. You would be better off buying a $700 fridge. At least if it breaks, your ROI is better. Tried going through customer service, and I am still waiting for a callback.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Peter. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Please don’t waste your $ on LG refrigerator. Our side by side model number LSXS26366 lasted almost 39 months before compressor died. Repair person said if fixed, would be a time bomb. Please run away.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kevin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

7/17/2017 purchased a Sears Elite Stainless Steel side-by-side Grab and Go refrigerator model 51863. The product had the Sears brand but found it was made by LG for Sears. 8/8/2019 freezer and refrigerator sides were warm and melting. A Sears and a none Sears serviceman (2) came and diagnosed the problem to be the linear compressor which was made by LG had gone out. This was a new beautiful looking refrigerator just over over 2 years old. Paid $1751 for it and it would cost $1000.00 to repair. Wrote Sears Vice President of Customer Experience. Received a phone call from their Executive Complaint Department and spoke with a Debra (or Deborah) who after lengthy conversations told me that since I did not have "an extended warranty, there was nothing they could do".

I was livid. Researched and found hundreds of customers who has had this problem and also found there is a class action law suit pending awaiting to see if the courts would approve it. After the poor treatment from Sears, and after having read that some replaced compressors went out again, I opted to buy a none LG brand refrigerator. Spent total of $3000.00 here.

3/9/2017 purchased an LG 65" smart TV from Sam's Club. Model: 65UH615A for $1000.00. I have 4 other TVs, none of which are LG brands. The oldest TV is over 12 years old and I watch it the most and have had no problems with it or any of the others. 4/25/2020 the LG model went out. Yes, the TV that I have had just over 3 years! I get a black screen. Researched online and it appears the motherboard is shot. Have a call in to a repair person. WHAT is UP with these LG products? How disappointing is this. I really thought that LG was a good brand but my experience dictates otherwise. 2018 purchased an LG Stylo 4 from Sprint and am now having problem with this phone when I log it up. This phone is just over 2 years old. I am so very disappointed in the LG BRAND and will make no more purchases by LG. I also will not refer this product due to my bad experiences.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Lynda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

Updated on 06/24/2020: Not exaggerated one bit and absolutely true. LG customer service strung me along for well over a month first promising repair which never happened and then promising some form of reimbursement for the $1150 we were stuck with repairing our 3-year old refrigerator compressor under 10-year warranty. I wrote letter after letter trying to work with LG & with each one receive a polite reply that sometimes didn't make sense promising to help me. LG requested my repair invoice, refrigerator info and other paperwork at least 4 different times & then would respond back they could not find my file [again].

Our 3-year old LG stove failed us as well a month after refrigerator bit the dust and I wrote about that as well. LG contacted me with the same type of dialogue which continues for awhile before they simply quit responding to you. NEVER AGAIN LG! I'm OK warning consumers about LG, but would not waste any more time responding to their fake customer service promises. Unbelievably bad customer service LG!

Original: Our 3-year old LG "Studio" stainless steel refrigerator compressor failed. Unable to find a factory authorized technician we used a local refrigeration tech and paid $125 to diagnose problem. We then contacted LG Appliances customer service and attempted to obtain help under our 5-year warranty covering the compressor. LG Encompass did not have a factory authorized tech in our area and notified us via email repair would be in the coming month[?]. We asked if LG could ship us the compressor and we'd pay a local tech to replace it. LG told us an "approved tech" would have to order the part and our local tech could apply to become an authorized tech.

We then asked if we could simply buy the part ourselves which we got a quote for over $300 + shipping and there would be no warranty if sent to us directly. Several hours on ph and zero progress as to a solution any time soon. Our 2 options were to go weeks without a refrigerator or pay ourselves to repair. We have now ordered a compressor from a warehouse supplier at over double the cost and will pay a local tech for installation. Total fees we are incurring are $1275 to repair our refrigerator UNDER WARRANTY. I would recommend #1 to never buy appliances from "LG", and #2 - check your product warranty ahead of time carefully & also consider a Home Warranty insurance policy to cover your appliances.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Vincent. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 25, 2020

We bought an LG refrigerator 3 years ago. It stopped cooling. The repairman said that LG would provide a compressor but would not pay for labor, which could be from $600-$1100. He suggested that we cut our losses and purchase a different brand. Neither LG nor Lowe's, where we purchased the refrigerator, were concerned that we lost a refrigerator full of food and had paid a lot of money for a product that was now worthless. Lowe's corporation is aware of the problems with LG but continue to sell them. When I expressed my frustration, a Lowe's employee said we should have bought their warranty.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sandra. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: May 9, 2020

LG sent a technician out and repaired our refrigerator at no cost. The technician did a great job and was very knowledgeable. Still think the customer service needs to be worked on so everyone understands one another better but my refrigerator in the end was repaired and I am satisfied.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I have a LG refrigerator that the compressor went out on. I called lg customer service and they confirmed the compressor was covered under warranty and that I only had to pay labor. I had to call back 3 times after they said they would send a compressor And on the fourth time the customer service representative told me it had only showed me calling once. So this customer service representative seems he is doing everything right calls the company that is is going to replace the compressor to make sure they are certified and send them some paperwork to get the compressor ordered and said it would take about 5 business days to receive the compressor.

The company that is installing the compressor said they made them go through all kinds of things and made it very difficult but the compressor was ordered. So a week later I call the technician and ask if the compressor has shown up yet and he said it hadn’t. Next I call LG to get an update on the delivery and guess what it was never ordered and they need the technician to call them back to get it ordered. So two weeks with a broken refrigerator that has a compressor under warranty and six calls later and I still have no compressor. It almost feels like they don’t want to send me one.

The only good that has come out of this is I know I will never ever buy any LG product again and I will never tell anybody to buy an LG product. So if you are reading reviews because you are thinking of buying an LG product DON’T DO IT!!!!! I also have an LG tv that is a year old and the WiFi on the tv doesn’t work 80% of the time. I just got a Amazon Fire Stick to hook up to it just bc I don’t want to deal with their customer service.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Keith. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 24, 2020

We have an LG refrigerator. Now on 3rd compressor in 8 months! 4 the compressor in total. 4/22/20 repair man came out, instead of replacing compressor like he should have he injected it with coolant or something..he wouldn't say. Yesterday we lost all of our food for the 2nd time...since owning this fridge. I called 5 times yesterday trying to get tech back out before we lost our food, and trying to get a return phone call. Worst products and even worse customer service. I think a class action lawsuit needs to be considered for them selling junk refrigerators.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Annie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I just wanted to write and tell you that I will never buy an LG appliance again. Had a refrigerator for 10 years and all of a sudden the compressor breaks and it’s $800 to fix it. They said the warranty ran out 6 months ago. Bought the matching stove with it 10 years ago and I’ve already had to have it serviced twice. Bought a flat screen for my wall and that broke after 5 years. You do nothing to help your customers and it’s impossible to get a hold of anyone. Horrible company!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Deana. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Purchased LG refrigerator LG LMXS30776D 102 on 08-17-2017. On 12-29-2017, the food was warm and the frozen food thawing out. Called LG and repair scheduled for 1-15-2018. Repairman arrived, called tech support, and changed a sensor. It quit again on 1-17-2018. Called LG and repairman returned on 1-23-2018 and couldn't find anything, He reset the refrigerator. Started working again. Took 26 days to get working refrigerator.

On 01-4-2019, it quit again. LG set up appointment for the same repairman for 1-15-2019. Repairman didn't show up. Calls were not returned, and LG had to search for another repair service. Finally for another company to come on 2-22-2019. They ordered a compressor and condenser. and would return 3-4-2019. The repairman did not return on 3-4. Called and they said it was scheduled for 3-5-2019 but couldn't make it until 3-12-2019. They did not show up on 3-12-2019 and said it was scheduled for 3-13-2019. The repairman finally showed up on 3-13-2019 and changed compressor, condenser, and dryer. Put in dye to check for leaks in case it was in evaporator or walls. 68 days to get the refrigerator fixed this time. Took 16 days to get claim form and repair invoice for the extended warranty company.

On 3-31-2020, the refrigerator quit again. Called and took until 4-15-2020 to get a repairman (the 3rd company) scheduled. The repairman showed up on 04-16-2020 and put on another new compressor. Could not get it to charge and said the refrigerator could not be repaired.. I called LG, Asurion, and the repairman numerous times in the past week. Been on hold 40-50 minutes at a time.. On 4-22-2020, I have talked to 4 different people at LG to get this resolved and the last person said this is being escalated to the service power and it could take up to 72 hours for them to determine a refund or replacement. We are without a refrigerator for 23 days at this time... And 72 more hours put us in to a new week making it 28 days before we hear anything.... Buy a hammer and hit yourself in the head. You will have less headaches and more money than buying an LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Gary. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Our LG fridge LFX28978ST /04 stopped cooling. We lost everything we purchased in groceries to last us a while during this pandemic. It is a compressor issue from their linear compressor. We called LG and they verified it is a compressor issue but had to pay out of pocket cost for technician to come out and the repair cost while they supply the part. The technician came out and in under 20 mins, said it was a compressor. The cost for that 20 mins, $85. The service cost for the technician to perform the work, $890. The cost for the compressor from LG is less than $260. At that cost I would rather buy a new fridge.

I called and complained to LG. They gave me 3 other technicians BUT I will have to pay new labor costs. They said I could explain to them that it was already diagnosed, which all the technicians said this is false and they will have to perform their own diagnosis.1 of them did not answer, the other said he has not touched LG fridge in over 7 years and does not want to. I called LG because I was not getting anywhere and they advised that I can call any local technician and they will approve the technician to perform the service. I have called about 6 local places and ALL OF THEM will not touch LG refrigerator. All of them said one thing or the other about LG refrigerators.

I am getting nowhere with LG and it is a very frustrating time right now for me and my family to get the run around and nothing in the fridge. LG will not even reimburse me the cost of my groceries until the technician performs a $890 repair that they only have to fork out $260... Beware, if you buy LG fridge, prepare for the runaround and NO technician wanting to service this and if they do, the cost will be ridiculous. "This is totally unacceptable and I can see why there is a class action suit against this company. I will be posting on all social media how LG handles its customers on an item they know is flawed. Hopefully I can deter others from buying LG refrigerator." I wished I searched this site before buying an LG refrigerator. I am getting no help whatsoever from LG... NONE... They will have you doing all the leg work and calling for nothing...

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Joel. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 22, 2020

Our LG fridge over here in Florida, has required 2 compressors. The compressor they replaced stop working 18 months later. I now have to pay out of pocket and lose out on groceries for the week during this pamdemic. The fridge was purchased in 2015. In 2017 compressor was replaced. On 9/23/18 same replaced compressor broke. Now again 4/22/20 and compressor is outbagain. I called LG and they gave me numbers to call on my own. AS I'm now out of warranty. This is totally unacceptable and I can see why there is a class action suit against this company. I will be posting on all social media how LG handles its customers on an item they know is flawed. Hopefully I can deter others from buying LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Felix. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 18, 2020

We purchased a LG LXF28968ST/02 in March of 2014 from Home Depot and the 5 year protection plan as well. We have always had issues with the ice maker. Well it just stopped working in March of this year (2020) so out of protection plan. LG technician came out and diagnosed leak in the "yoder loop". Unrepairable. Turns out after more digging, there is a class action lawsuit going on against LG for this very problem! I have reached out to the class action attorneys to get resolve. I like the style of the fridge but this is B'S after just six years.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jeffrey. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 16, 2020

Purchased this refrigerator with high hopes due to the design and features but that's where it stopped. We have had numerous service issues about cooling and freezing over past 2 years and now they cannot repair. After calling for supervisor he tells me 2-3 more weeks for an approval to replace...we have been without this appliance working for 11 weeks with 8 repair visits. I will never buy anything LG builds ever again, horrible experience.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ron.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: April 29, 2020

I am so happy with the response from LG. IT WAS FAST AND VERY EFFICIENT. They sent a very nice man out to fix the problem. He needed a part and ordered it next day delivery and was here promptly to fix it‼️ All is done and I’m very pleased‼️??

Original review: April 15, 2020

I’m so disappointed, we bought our fridge 2 years ago and even though a mistake was made about the steel finish not being smudge proof I FEEL IN LOVE WITH IT‼️ BUT now all I hear is LOUD airplane noises‼️ It is so loud and miserable I’m deaf in one ear and all that I can hear is the annoying fridge. I just want to scream‼️ What do I do now buy new fridge? WOW 2 years and I’m ready to throw it out the window.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sandy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 15, 2020

I bought an LG French door refrigerator in June 2017. The compressor first died in April 2018 and it was replaced and now it has died again, April 2020 during the pandemic and nobody can come out to fix it. This is the worst fridge I have ever owned. Not even 3 years old and I have to replace it. I'm disgusted. Do not buy an LG refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Tracie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 11, 2020

Never will I buy LG products again! My 35 yr. old Fridge finally died. So I bought just what I wanted Door in Door stainless steel. In 11 mos I lost ice cream in my freezer, Logan Appliances installed a new computer board. Well it is April 11, 2020 and it’s done it again! I have NO confidence that this won’t happen again. I paid almost 2000.00 for a piece of junk... I intend on going on EVERY forum I can to get this resolved once & for all... This is Saturday but on Monday 4/13/2020 LG will be hearing from me! I have read the many reviews (bad) on LG. I am willing to take legal action, if they do not satisfy me once & for all.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dyann. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 9, 2020

A few years ago I purchased new appliances. A refrigerator, stove and over the range microwave. I had an appliance technician that LG had the fewest repair calls so I went with that company when purchasing. Well in the first year the microwave had to be repaired. The glass stop stove after a year and a half has 2 burners not working and now my refrigerator decided to stop working during the worst time possible. I called the warranty company and because of the pandemic they are not doing any house repairs. I was told to think out of the box or go buy a new one. Now I do have an old refrigerator in the garage but with 8 people living in my home that is not enough room, especially when we need to stock up so we don't go out as often. So for now I am SOL until the virus is over and repair people can start working again. I will NEVER BUY LG appliances again and tell all of our friends the same thing.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sheri. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 1, 2020

200 characters isn't enough to explain, LG won't offer up they know about the issue and that they extended all warranties on the linear compressor to 5 years. My refrigerator was purchased on Nov. 1, 2017. https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/3871/important-lg-refrigerator-warranty-information-announcement-please-read. Opened case with LG support, LG happily said that my refrigerator is under warranty when my LG account for registering my appliances clearly says it is out of warranty. You have to call the number in the link that I added to get the warranty work. Talking with the agent, who was pleasant to speak with, also came back and said that LG will also offer to pick up the cost of the Labor on this call as a complimentary service. Really? It is stated in the warranty that Labor is covered! So much for the fake gesture, is Life Good?

Anyway, back to my story. Now that I finally got to the bottom of all this, we have a service ticket generated and the agent is working to confirm a service technician in my area to take the service call, stating we will have someone within 24 hrs. Ok, well we all know by now, 3 days after the refrigerator has stopped cooling and at 61 degrees, all of our food is no longer safe to eat. It is now exactly 24hrs from placing my service call with LG and still no confirmed service technician on the case, when-o-when will my refrigerator cool again? And I'll just leave all discussion about the pandemic going on right now, ugh...

As I continue to do more research about this topic, how many of you are aware of the class action suit against LG for this exact issue? ** I guess it pays to do your research. After the cost of a technician to tell me the compressor isn't functioning properly and a hum hum nudge nudge on the shoulder saying "check this out", I discovered all this and am now expecting my refrigerator to be fixed for free. Once it is fixed I have to ask one more question. Is the new compressor covered by a 5 year warranty from the day it was installed, it should be! After all, we all know that this compressor will also fail within the next 36 months, give or take.

This is the second generation linear compressor and LG has yet to fix its know issues, I am not aware of a 3rd generation compressor coming out any time soon. If you continue to research you will find that LG has already gone through a class action suit for this same issue on compressors prior to these. I hope this was some what helpful to anyone reading this and doing their own research into an LG refrigerator. Anyone looking for a French Door Refrigerator? I have one for sale!

Hello Sandon.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Bought LG refrigerator in January 2016. In March, 2020 during COVID-19 pandemic fridge stopped cooling. I looked on LG website to get repairmen in my area. They had 5 listed. I checked Better Business Bureau for rating on them. 2 were A+, 1 was B+, 1 was D- and 1 wasn’t rated. I called the 2 that were A+ and neither worked on LG refrigerators. My cousin who owns a company that works on higher priced refrigerators said I would have a hard time finding a company that works on LG refrigerators. That was so true.

I finally called the B+ company and they are a warranty only company but said 99% of the LG refrigerators have a manufacturers defect in the first 5 years. They didn’t even come out but ordered compressor or condenser. After Googling this company which is nationwide I did not get a lot of great reviews. It went out on Saturday and this company said it can be installed on the next Friday. Not feeling confident this will happen. I’ll never buy another LG product. Chances are I’ll end up having to get another refrigerator. I can’t keep using coolers.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Margaret. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 30, 2020

I purchased an LG kitchen suite from Costco because of the ratings and reputation of both companies. After less than 2 years we started having issues with the food not being cold. We ran all diagnostics and it said nothing was wrong. Now, a little over 3 years later, the freezer and fridge do not work. The repairman gave us a quote that was higher than the price of a new fridge, which I can’t afford. I just don’t understand how the compressor died so quickly. And according to the repairman, the unit will never be the same even after repairing this part. With all the issues with COVID-19, the loss of all the food is difficult since it’s hit or miss if I’ll be able to get the stuff I need for my family of 6. What am I supposed to do now?!?!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Stephanie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 29, 2020

Bought a Lg Refrigerator model #LMXS30776S. Production date 4-2015. Linear compressor failed and neither section will cool. All food went bad and I’m disabled on a fixed income. This is the second time this has failed on this exact refrigerator. Customer should not be responsible for any charges including labor because it is a flaw in the design and LG knows this and continues to manufacture “linear” compressors that they know have issues and have several lawsuits for. My refrigerator should be fixed free of any charges as it is their design flaw. I can not afford labor charges to fix this overpriced paperweight or sealed cupboard because that’s all it is good for now. Didn’t last more than 5 years with an already replaced compressor. Shame on LG not taking responsibility for their design flaws and putting the stress and costs on customers.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Jennifer. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 27, 2020

I paid 1,400 dollars for a side by side #LSXS26366S and it’s not even 2yrs old. And stopped working. Researching found a class action lawsuit about their faulty Linear compressors. Major fault, unreliable.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Mary. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution response: March 30, 2020

After posting my review, LG scheduled a service call for today (Monday). The technician called under the impression and according to the service call that the refrigerator was not cooling. I advised him that the refrigerator was running perfectly but no one had picked up the faulty door yet. He wound up picking up the door and hauling it away. I am very thankful that he did so, because I know he wasn't required to. All in all, the technician went above and beyond to do that, but I feel like it was only because I was the squeaky wheel. The issue is now resolved, but I still stand firm to my review. I will not purchase an LG product again.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I purchased an LG fridge in June 2019. By August, the fridge had stopped producing ice. We scheduled a service call in September. On 9/18, the first technician that came out was contracted by LG. He told us that the water line to the ice maker was freezing because of a defect in the doors. He did something and said that should work. It didn't. On 10/4, the second technician that came out was an LG technician. He gave conflicting answers on what was actually wrong with the icemaker (first, he said the contracted technician did something to affect the icemaker; then, he said there was an electrical problem or something in the door -- never could get a straight answer). However, it was clear we needed a new door. He ordered the door and said we should receive something in the next few days and to call him to schedule installation.

We never received the door. I texted and called asking for updates in December and January, but never received answers. Always just "I'll check" but then no follow up. I wound up calling the main 1-800 number a few days in a row and demanded answers. I initially was told that they needed to send a technician back out to look at the door, despite the fact that it was documented that we needed a new door. I pushed back, and then was told that the door was actually backordered with no return date. I pushed back, and demanded the fridge be replaced then. Once I did that, miraculously a door showed up within a week.

The LG technician came to replace the door and everything is now working. HOWEVER, he left the old door behind and told me LG would contact me about having UPS pick it up. No one ever contacted me and (surprise) when I contacted the technician to follow up, I was told "Let me check" but he never followed up with me.

I emailed the main LG customer service portal (due to customer service phone service being down because of COVID-19). The response I got back was this: "In regards to your concern, if the technician didn’t get back or provide information for the old door it is actually up to you on what do you going to do with the door parts, you can keep it, throw the old one or recycled it thru LG recycling program." So now I'm left with a giant box and heavy fridge door in my hallway that I have to figure out how to dispose of it. I can't just put it on the curb, and I don't have a truck to haul it somewhere for this LG recycling program. LG, this is unacceptable. I will NEVER purchase an LG product again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Yvette. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 24, 2020

LG has always had a good reputation and everyone I know who has an LG product loves it (including me). Now, after 2 years, the compressor died. Even after a thorough cleaning and professional servicing, the freezer won't even freeze and, according to the repairman, the pressure will never build up high enough to do so. What does this mean to me? Almost $1000 to replace the compressor. One thing to note: the replacement part is an updated part number meaning the original one had issues. With COVID-19 cutting customer service hours, I can understand LG not answering their phone. But that doesn't help with me having to go out on my own to get a repairman and shell out so much money. So LG, what do you say about this?

LG Refrigerators response

Hello John. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I bought french door stainless steel black french door LG fridge. Bought March 2016. Dies march 2020: Compressor, evaporator and dryer. I had bought extended warranty for 3 years. Did not apply. LG tech wanted 1800$ for parts and fixing. Needless to say I bought a new one for same price. Lg was purchased for almost 4000$. Will never buy LG again!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Setu. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 19, 2020

My husband and I purchased an LG appliance package from Best Buy (about $5k) when we bought our new house in May 2018. It included a refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. In March 2020 while self-isolating during the Coronavirus pandemic our refrigerator compressor went out, resulting in the loss of around $250 worth of food. This is bad enough, but it happened with a food shortage going on because of the Coronavirus panic-buying that is happening everywhere. We had to wait 3 days before we could get a repairman out to us. Thankfully he had a compressor; it was under warranty, and was successfully replaced.

The fact that LG KNEW that they had faulty compressors in their refrigerators, and that neither Best Buy nor LG contacted us to notify us of this defect is really a problem. We are out the $150 that it cost for the repairman, as well as the cost of the food we lost. I will never buy another LG product since it appears that they don't care about the consumers, only about their bottom line. If you're thinking about buying an LG appliance, DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST and read reviews.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Michelle. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 18, 2020

I bought a LG refrigerator for $2500 from Best Buy on Route 1 Iselin, New Jersey. Within 5 years the refrigerator stopped working and the customer service provided a local LG Dealership numbers, where I had to call and schedule a service repair at my expense and the technician came in checked and advised that the compressor was broken, and I had replace the compressor at my OWN expense even though the compressor was still under warranty. LG did not take any responsibility for the warranty coverage they owed. Now, it's been 4 years. Again the LG compressor is broken. Having such bad experience with LG, I am afraid to call the LG customer service again. Same story repeats again.... SHAME SHAME SHAME ON LG customer service... I would not even give one star if I has choice.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 17, 2020

Bought a fridge in 1015 well it's now dead, called customer service, got the runaround, after 4 calls and a supervisor I finally got a repair company and parts were ordered, well that's over a week ago since LG won't overnight part.. What a load of bs.. The no wait guarantee is bs... It's been 2 weeks now... Also no one will tell me where or how to file a food loss claim... I used to love any LG product .. After this I'm never buying any LG product.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Dominick.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators Company Information