2. Homeowners
  3. Refrigerators

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 8, 2020

I purchased a side by side Lg refrigerator in 2018 from Home Depot. I also purchased an extended warranty for this product through Home Depot. The extended warranty company is Asurion. After 2 years and 1 month my fridge died. It would not cool. This happened on a Sunday. So I called Lg that day to find out they were closed. Then called my extended warranty dept. My first called I was put on hold for 39 minutes...only to be disconnected. My second call, after another 40 minutes, I spoke to Dwayne ** who gave me a claim number and said a service person would arrive that day between 8-4. No one showed up. That night I called Asurion again. This time I spoke with Natasha, who gave me another claim number and said a serviceman would arrive on Monday. No one showed.

I then called Lg directly who told me it would 5-7 days to get a service repair date.. I then lost it...They said they have no one in my area who accepts their coverage. So now I'm without a fridge, lost all my food and no repair date. This is the worst company. Do not buy their products. You will be wasting your money like I did. LG representative are location in the Philippines. They could care less about you and I... the consumer. We are thoroughly disgusted with the warranty, the product and lg. Beware...lg is not US friendly. If they were I would not have to wait over a week just to get a repair person to come and look. Wonder how long it will take to repair. And they do not provide a refrigerator to use in the meantime. You are on your own. Try another company!!!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kathleen. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I purchased an LG French door refrigerator in Sept. 2018. It quit cooling in March 2020. Had a service call and was told that the part would be ordered and the technician would come back to install it. Never heard back from the technician so I called the service center. I was told that the part had never been ordered and would be ordered. I never received a call regarding the part so I called again. I was told that the part was discontinued and could no longer be ordered. The person at the call center could not help me. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I was asked for proof of my purchase. I sent my Lowe's credit card statement showing the purchase date, what was purchased, what store it was purchased from, and the price. The statement had all of the information that was requested from LG.

LG came back and asked for the actual receipt. The original receipt was taken by the service technician so that he would have the information to order the part. I cannot get a copy since the Lowe's store that I purchased the refrigerator from has since closed. Furthermore, LG has all of my information. When I made the initial service call, they looked up my account with my phone number and told me that they had all of my information. As of today, the BBB has closed my complaint as LG is refusing to repair or replace my refrigerator with the receipt that their technician has. Just infuriates me to be out $2,300.00! Buyer beware! There are several class action suits on the refrigerator that I purchased but LG continues to sell the defective appliance and so does Lowe's. They have looked for every outlet to get out of making good on their appliance!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Janet. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Our French door fridge with bottom freezer stopped cooling/freezing. The fridge has a production date of 07/2017. I called the service department and the earliest appointment is June 17th. I called today at 9:30 am June 8th. As a result I have had to purchase a small fridge as going 10 days without a fridge is not possible. It is very disappointing and will influence any other purchases.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Sue. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 7, 2020

My refrigerator stopped cooling after only 3 years. It is under warranty and the manual says that service is 365 days per year and 24 hours per day. It is a lie. After 11 days it has not been fixed and we have had no help. We have a household of 6 with 2 seniors, 1 essential worker and 3 young children. This has been a hardship and we let the company know this. We have spent many hours calling, texting and emailing without any end in sight.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Laurie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Purchased a Sears Kenmore Elite refrigerator. Did not know that it was manufactured by Lousy Garbage. After numerous failures of the original during the warranty period, and much fighting with Sears, they agreed to replace. Now the replacement unit is problematic. The freezer got warm and can’t keep adequately cool. Reading all the reviews of Lousy Garbage just reinforces the claim that LG stands for Lousy Garbage. If the brand is Lousy Garbage, don’t walk away. You’d better run. Special thanks to Eddie Lampert for destroying Sears with product providers such as Lousy Garbage. A match made in purgatory.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Harry. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 6, 2020

Updated on 06/25/2020: I posted here on June 6 about my less than 2 year old LG French door refrigerator compressor failure. LG responded that they would resolve the issue with me. After much back and forth, they did not send me the promised email for resolution. I hope that by posting this, someone will respond and help me resolve my issue.

Original Review: Bought this fancy LG in May 2018 for 2500.00 from Lowe’s. In March 2020 compressor goes out. I am still waiting for the compressor to arrive and today is June 6. I am on my fourth month with no refrigerator. Do not buy an LG refrigerator. I wish I never did!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kimberly. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Our $3,500+ super capacity LG refrigerator stopped cooling at the 6 year mark. Several repair attempts have been made in the past month under warranty and at least $2100 in food has spoiled. We've also spent $370 on floor repairs from water damage leaking from the fridge after the second repair attempt. My fiance and I have been tirelessly working the frontlines 6-7 days a week taking direct care of critically ill COVID patients at hospitals with little time to grocery shop (or sleep) since this pandemic started.

For a month now, my family has been eating from our hospital's vending machines or relying on fast food delivery service which has drained our accounts. LG's policy states a maximum of $300 food reimbursement and if our unit is deemed unrepairable even under warranty, we have no option but to pay for junk hauling. After purchasing several high end appliances from LG, this is a huge slap in our faces.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Marie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

We purchased our $3,000 fridge at Sears in 2016 before they went out of business. While it is a Kenmore sold by Sears, it is actually a fridge built by LG for Sears. So the fridge is basically 4 years old and the freezer has stopped working. With Sears' bankruptcy, I have no warranty. I understand that, but LG is unable to provide a qualified service agent that is still in business. All service agents I have called have indicated that LG is proprietary and I need a LG technician. Totally unacceptable. Besides the service issue, breakdown so quickly is a problem. If you are buying new, I would recommend sticking with manufacturers that specialize in kitchen appliances, not TVs and computers. I won't make that mistake again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello George. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 4, 2020

If I could I would have NO STAR - We’ve had nothing but bad luck with our LG appliances- first of all our dishwasher -the control panel went haywire 5 months after we got it- well that happened 2 more times since. When we built our home we also bought an LG gas range, refrigerator and microwave. So last year we went to Alaska and when we came home in August the stove control panel also had gone haywire. You cannot properly read the numbers that tell you the temperature/time so when you set the temperature you have no idea what you're setting it to. Called LG and after hours on the phone with them to get it repaired they did NOTHING. Our cost to find out by the repairman (we paid for) that to fix it we would spend more than what a new oven would cost. It is barely over a year old and possibly failed prior to being a year old!

2 days ago we woke up to our LG French door refrigerator inside as warm as our room temperature and everything inside ruined. It is just barely 2 years old! Called LG for repairs- ended up having to get our own repair guy, and it has a bad compressor, won’t read codes, and needs a new control board. The repairman said it’s an extensive repair and could possibly fail again easily (read class action law suit on them). Called LG back and now we have to wait to hear from Service Power to see if anyone can fix it. They offered NOTHING for the loss of food but would send us up to $200 for a mini fridge- and he’d send us an email for doing so- still waiting for that. These appliances cost thousands of dollars! Buyer Beware!!! They are junk!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Julie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Our refrigerator went out about 3 weeks ago. We had one repair technician come out who said the compressor and motherboard needed to be replaced. He ordered the part and 4 days later came to do the repair. Upon disconnecting the compressor, he said there was something else wrong with the refrigerator as there was no Freon in the system. He indicated that either the evaporator was bad or there was a leak in the line. He said there should have been Freon in the system when he disconnected the compressor, but there was none. He indicated we needed to contact LG to have them send out one of their service technicians to complete the repair. That is when all the problems arose.

LG issued a repair order and a new technician called us. When he learned that another technician had opened the refrigerator to change the compressor, he said he would not touch the refrigerator. We call LG back and requested the work order be directed back to the original technician at our request, but to our dismay, the technician said he did not have the equipment to do the repair. Since then we have been trying to get in touch with LG's executive services and they saying they will call us back if we get disconnected. Sure enough, when they attempt to connect us to their Executive Service group (about 2 or 3 times), we get disconnected and have not received a call back.

We contacted several companies that LG has referred us to call and found one that said they would come out and evaluate the refrigerator, but we needed to get a work order from LG assigned specifically to them for them to come out and work on the refrigerator. We are still waiting on LG for that work order. What else can we do?

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Wayne. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have had my LG refrigerator just over 1 year and the compressor has gone out today. I can not get a repair person to even look at it, including those listed on the LG site, because of the issue with these compressors and the trouble getting parts.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello CJ. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Bought a black stainless LG fridge 2 years ago. So far, LG has had to come out to repair it 4 times. 3 times for the ice/water dispensers not shutting off, this last time for the compressor breaking. We lost hundreds of dollars in food. On top of that, my $2,000+ fridge has the black stainless "coating" peeling all over. These coatings are terrible. You will be disappointed. Stay away from LG and any stainless steel appliances that are coated or painted on, and not baked in to the stainless itself.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Kimberlie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Hello, after several weeks of looking at refrigerators, my wife and I purchased a new LG refrigerator in December, 2017. This past weekend it stopped cooling. Due to COVID19 the customer service department at LG has reduced hours. I contacted them on Monday morning at 8am and filed a warranty repair. I was told that “someone” would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. I was contacted by an approved service repair company the same day. The repair contractor offered to come out on Thursday. I didn’t find that acceptable when faced with over $1,000.00 of food that would be wasted. So I called LG back and the supervisor gave me 3 other names that I could call. I was able to reach two of them. Both were able to schedule me today!

I called LG back to learn that if I wanted a different “approved” service provider to fix it that it would require a letter of authorization from them and that would take 2 to 4 days to issue! What? So my wife went out on a mission to find a suitable freezer that I could purchase to put in our garage. No luck! Due to COVID19 food hoarders the earliest I could get one delivered was possibly Thursday! Again, no solution.

By 4pm I was faced with emptying out my refrigerator or scheduling another repair company. So I decided to schedule one on my own. They are coming today. I called LG back this morning and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to a lady in the “executive” team. She told me that 4 days to get a repair technician wasn’t “that” long and because I was taking matters into my own hands, it would void the warranty! What??? I am voiding my warranty by getting one of their approved service providers to fix my refrigerator faster than they could get it scheduled? Not only did I find one but both of the providers I called were faster than the one assigned. And, because I circumvented their system, I lose my warranty? Nobody informed me till this morning that taking the matter into my own hands for resolution would void my warranty.

None of this makes any sense. We spent over $4,000.00 on this refrigerator for it to go out within 2.5 years. Dealing with customer service has been a horrible experience. I cannot believe that obtaining service from an authorized service company would void my warranty. I can’t believe that when I found one that could come quicker than 4 days, LG wasn’t appreciative and simply move my order. Instead, they penalized me. There is nothing right, easy or customer oriented about the process I have experienced. It’s downright wrong.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Rob. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I purchased my LG refrigerator in 09/29/2015. After 4 years of service it suddenly stopped working. I had not heard of the problems 'til this moment. Looking at everything on the internet I wonder if I shouldn't just buy a different refrigerator. We have had a tech here and he is ordering a new compressor for our frig. We lost all or most of the food plus we had to purchase a small freezer to keep food in so we weren't running out with our concerns about COVID. I had bought an extended warranty at the time of purchase because the fridge. Was only fully covered for 1 year.

Now I understand LG has revised it to cover 5 years so I spent that money for nothing. We are retired and so our money is tight and every cost affects the budget. We haven't had a refrigerator for just about a week and now I am thinking about buying a small one for my garage just to keep cold drinks and condiments. With the freezer and small fridge I'll have spent 400.00 dollars and I now I think the money would have been better spent buying a different brand. I haven't had to deal with LG in any of this with my extended warranty and with other complaints not sure I want to.

If you are reading these post stay away from LG refrigerator until they prove they have fixed these problems. They had to settle a class action lawsuit in 2014 and now are back in court as of 2019 with the same problem and new complaints. This means that LG has had an ongoing problem without resolution for over ten years and are willing to continue to sell these products. If this were a car company they would be forced to make a recall.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Ray. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

As most of you know, I do not use social media as a living diary to post what I’m feeling, what I’m wearing or what we’re having for dinner tonight. However, today I am going to make an exception and share my story about why you shouldn’t buy an LG refrigerator as I head into week three without one as I continue to work with LG support.

Let me start by saying, you can’t make this stuff up. The morning of Monday, May 18th started as any other Monday. I woke up at 5:30, turned on my computer, started my coffee, put the dogs out and reached into the refrigerator to get my cream. Imagine my surprise when I realized my 16 month old refrigerator [LFXS30766S] and freezer were warm. I’ve bulleted a the rest of this story to make it read faster for those of you who care to.

• Called LG support, who deduced that it was probably the compressor and issued a service ticket [**] for 5/19 between 8-5 am EDT. [At no time does he mention that they have a known problem with their compressors which is why they have extended their one year parts and labor warranty into a five year warranty.]
    o I was thrilled to receive a call around lunchtime from the service company [J.O.A. ELECTRONICS] who told me he could come that same afternoon [5/18] to look at the refrigerator.
    o J.O.A. comes at 3 pm EDT, runs diagnostic, confirms it was the compressor, charges me $50 and starts to leave. I ask him how long it will take the part to come in.

o J.O.A. then tells me LG will order compressor and fix the refrigerator that he can’t do it. [Are you freaking kidding me?]

• Called LG support back and talked to a new service rep who told me:
    o J.O.A. Electronics shouldn’t have charged me $50 as my refrigerator was still under warranty and he should order the part so he can come back and fix it.
    o She then supplies ME with their contact info and tells ME I need to:
     Call them and tell them they have to return my check. [as they shouldn’t have charged me]

 Confirm that they can order the part and fix the refrigerator. [Isn’t this why she’s getting paid?]

• So at this point my husband gets home from work and calls J.O.A:
    o who refuses to return or destroy our check, causing us to call our bank and issue a stop payment [$30].

o who also tells Steve that his job was to do a diagnostic, not order the part or fix the refrigerator just do a diagnostic. [seriously, this is who my service ticket from LG went to? What happened to a certified tech or company…]

• Called LG support back [for those counting, this is call three on 5/18], and talk to another service rep who:
    o Listens to my tale.
    o Puts me on hold to talk to management; and then gets back on the phone to tell me, she can:
     schedule an appointment [**] with Jude an LG certified technician, for 5/26 between 8-12 EDT [because Monday, 5/25 was Memorial Day] NOTE: that’s a week without a refrigerator DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND AFTER DOING A MONTH’S WORTH OF FOOD SHOPPING.

o After slightly losing my **, let’s be honest folks, for all of those of you who know me, patience is not my strongest strength, I tell her fine and graciously accept the appointment with Jude the Savior for over a week away. We make due for the next week without a refrigerator [shopping daily/borrowing refrigerator space from friends]. Again, you can’t make this ** up.

• So, joyous day, 5/26 arrives:
    o Jude [the long awaited LG certified tech] calls to tell me he’s running late and will be at our house closer to 1:30/2:00.
    o In the meantime, our address update from my calls a week earlier take effect and our town is updated. [they had the correct street address but the wrong city]

o I immediately get a call from Jude, the LG certified tech and savior, who I have waited a week to come fix my refrigerator, who tells me our town isn’t in his territory so he won’t be coming because it’s too far. He cancels my RNN ticket. [We live 15 minutes from the wrong town in the ticket.]

• Pissed off [major understatement], I called LG support, tell the service rep I want to speak to a supervisor, get put through to another minion, tell my story, AGAIN, including the J.O.A. mess, tells me he can get us serviced the next day [you see there’s no way we can get same day service because of COVID-19 and such – really, there’s a pandemic in play, this is news to me], 5/27, new ticket issued [**]. [We wait with baited breath to find out who is going to be coming to fix our refrigerator.]
    o I get a text telling me a service ticket has been issued and I will be contacted once a service center has confirmed.

o J.O.A. ELECTRONICS accepts my ticket is confirmed as our service company. [again, you can’t make this ** up]

• We call back LG support, express our frustration and concerns about J.O.A. being assigned the ticket and again tell him the story about J.O.A. an the incident that happened back on May 18th.
    o While we’re on hold, the service rep calls J.O.A. himself. [props Arnell as it was more than Diane did for us on 5/18]
     They assure him they can do the job and they will call us to set up an appt.

o We wait. [NO CALL. NO APPT SET UP.]

• The morning of 5/27, I literally get woken up by a text from LG that says they are still looking for a provider to come as quickly as possible. I will be notified when an appt is confirmed.

• I send an email complaint to the office of the president because he wants to be connected to his customers (5/27), outlining our dilemma and the challenge we’ve had getting service for our refrigerator. [Again, it’s only 16 months old]

• 5/27, call LG support (again), to be disconnected (again), but this time Service Representative calls me back. We now have a case ticket (vs a repair ticket [CNN vs an RNN]) which will take 3-5 days to be reviewed before hearing back from LG. [AT WHAT POINT IS LIFE GOOD WITH LG because I’ve missed the GOOD LIFE EXPERIENCE!]

• 5/29, receive a standard letter from an executive advisor in response to my letter to the president thanking me for my letter, telling me that my case is in review and let her know if there was any immediate needs that she could help me with…SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? IMMEDIATE NEED. HOW ABOUT A REFRIGERATOR THAT WORKS!!!

The worst part is we are out hundreds of dollars in food, the returned check fee, a couple of vacation days and I still do not have a working REFRIGERATOR. At this point, I just want my money back so I can buy a refrigerator that works and will work 10 years from now. Again, our compressor didn’t even make it 24 months. So if you’re in need of a refrigerator, do not buy the hype – LIFE IS NOT GOOD WITH LG. Buy a Samsung, GE, Kenmore, or another brand. Life is not Good.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Maria. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Updated on 6/4/2020: They keep posting that they are here to help and I provided my number three times and no one calls!!!! I’ll be fair and retract post but so far I’ve received no call after a message to private message them. I was also supposed to get a call a week ago for food spoilage and nothing!!!!

Original review: I am on my third LG counter depth fridge and the compressor went on all of them. 3 fridges in 6 months. Home Depot was willing to change our fridge and refund my money and that’s what I am doing. Do Not buy an LG fridge. Don’t. Just don’t...Oh and my 1000 dollar dishwasher needed a new control panel in a week. Sealed it out. Lg reviews that are good are usually people for most part that had their fridge for a couple months. Then if you need repair good luck trying to speak with someone that doesn’t sound like a robot and they don’t speak English. Just don’t do it!!!!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Vince. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Purchased a home with an LG fridge in it. We have had LG out 5-6 times in the last 13 months. The fridge continues to malfunction, and we have lost hundreds of dollars in spoiled food multiple times. Memorial Day weekend was the 4th. They are out again today, would like to refund or replace the fridge but cannot do so without a purchase receipt. The service technicians have been great, but we do not have the receipt and they cannot submit for reimbursement. Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Adam. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Updated on 06/18/2020: I wrote a negative review on my 2017 LG Linear Compressor refrigerator and almost instantly received a response from someone at LG who seemed to care. They scheduled an appointment for my refrigerator to be looked at - but when the service provider called, they wanted a credit card to pay for service fees - $90+ dollars worth. I said "this is a warranty call set up by LG", and they said yes, but I have to pay the "fees" for the "calls". Basically each time they come out I owe $90. When I asked LG about this, they said they would refund the fees if I sent in a receipt. I said, "Why don't you just pay them upfront?" 2 weeks have now gone by without an reply. I find it interesting that they jump right in and appear to be working with consumers, but then completely drop the ball. And - I have no way to ask them what's up because I cannot contact anyone directly or add to my previous review.

Original Review: We bought a LG refrigerator that has a Linear Compressor in 2016. It has never been consistent - sometimes the ice freezes, sometimes it comes out partially frozen and freezes in a giant glob that jams up the dispenser. Other times it makes this really loud humming sound and doesn't seem to be cooling - but goes back to normal before I can get a technician out to look at it...I would also like to know why it takes days/weeks to get someone out - but that is an issue with the extended warranty people. We have another, older LG refrigerator that works great - which is why we bought this one. I would not recommend this Linear Compressor feature - whatever it is. My next refrigerator will have the fewest number of features possible - I only want it to keep food cold.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Nancy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: May 31, 2020

Our current problem is that the freezer stopped cooling and now the refrigerator isn’t able to keep a normal temperature. Of course, this happened shortly after we took an expensive Covid-style trip to the grocery store, so we are slowly losing hundreds of dollars in food. We suspect it’s the compressor. We’ve struggled with this fridge since we bought it. For the first year, we had issues with it making unusually loud noises. After hours and hours of service visits and calls, they replaced the compressor. Now it seems like the “new” compressor is failing after about 18 months. The size and physical design of the fridge is great, but not worth the headaches.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Barry. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I bought my refrigerator in 2017 and sure enough within 3 years it stopped working. I can't believe LG knew about the bad compressor and all the issues. If I would have known I would not have bought the whole kitchen set and washer and dryer... I called lg and was on hold for a hour and could not understand the lady I was speaking with and she was very rude. She didn't explain much so I called back and the second lady was more helpful.. I lost all my food. Not sure how long it will take to fix or if they will replace my food, not good customer service. Just not happy at all with LG. Won't be buying again..

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Debra. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 30, 2020

We purchased an LG LMXS27626 in August 2016. It’s a nice fridge and worked well for our needs. Last year we had some minor issues but last week (May 2020) it stopped cooling completely. Annoying but we figured no problem. We will get it it repaired. We have since learned the mess we are in. We called every repair service in the area all of whom told us they do not work on the linear compressor. They helped us understand that it is a unique system that only LG service providers can fix. No problem we thought! At least it’s under warranty. Then we called them.

Before I even hung up the phone with LG customer service I received the following email: LG's Authorized Service providers in your area are not showing availability at this time. We are urgently reaching out to other service providers to request their first available slot so that you can be supported as quickly as possible. You will be notified when an appointment is confirmed. If 7 days has passed from the date of this notice and you have not been scheduled for an appointment, please contact LG and we will escalate your case.

I then took it upon myself to look at the LG website and called the 2 listed service providers in our area. They both stated they are no longer completing LG warranty services. Unsure of where to turn, we called Orville’s where we purchased the fridge. They gave us a phone number for who they said is the only LG employee who completes these repairs in our area. We called him and he was kind and helpful but he is unable to complete the repair unless LG sends the request. (We wondered why they hadn’t.) He double checked and never received anything pertaining to our issue. Good news is he has availability later this week and said he would be happy to do this but we must call back LG.

I called & they told me that if we give him our Reference number that he will be able to set it up. We call back the tech/LG employee who says that is NOT true. I called back again and tried to tell them that we have an LG employee who is ready & willing to complete our repair this week but need them to set it up. They sounded surprised and after some back and forth on hold said they weren’t allowed to do this.

Ok so what is the next step? I was told that LG is reaching out the an alternative service provider and will let us know when they get something on the schedule. Couldn’t get a company or any clear idea of what would be done. I asked when we might hear something and it was unclear but there wasn’t even anyone available to talk more with until Monday! So it’s 90 degrees and we don’t have a refrigerator. This is the only website that I have seen LG respond to. I will survive but honestly there are other customers who can’t access the same resources and it is concerning to read that we are one of SO MANY that go through this.

This is clearly a widespread issue and LG’s lack of response so far will cause me to shop other brands in the future and also warn others of these problems. It’s not so much the fact that the appliance failed, it’s that it’s impossible to get it fixed in a timely manner. LG needs to find a solution and get some sort of procedure in place. I am hopeful this review will trigger a response & resolution.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Abbie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.\

Original review: May 29, 2020

I bought LG French Door refrigerator from very reliable vendor ABT store in May-June 2012. In month I call customer repair service from the same vendor to fix problem with my fringe. Product on one side of refrigerator got frizzed. He tried to isolate some holes, but in time problem came back. The store repeated couple times but the problem was not solved. In couple years surfaces boxes like milk o juices started cover with condensate. Finally couple days ago compressor failed. I call to LG customer service and they clarified that new compressor company will provide for free, but I have to pay for the labor. Customer service is awful, the operator promise switch me to executive, but disconnected. Do NOT ever buy LG production.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Marina. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 29, 2020

We purchased a Refrigerator 3 years ago $1500 as a wedding gift for our daughter. It stopped working 2 weeks ago and we have been on the phone with LG's customer service for 2 weeks with no help. They say they escalated it but cant find a company to come service us. We called and found a company who is LG approved 30 miles away and they said they can come service it but that they did not get a request from LG. I have been on the phone today for an hour and half and they will not let me talk to anyone. They also said they dont know who they sent the service request to. But said they have escalated it "AGAIN". My daughter has a 1 year old that needs milk and food. My daughter also has a blood disorder and has to keep 3-shots on hand at all times in her refrigerator for emergencies. They each cost $500! We will never purchase anything from LG again. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Angela. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I bought a LG Refrigerator with Linear compressor on 2015 and last May 12th it stop cooling, I called LG service support and they told me one Technician will be checking the unit on May 25th, I had to be off from my job 1/2 day and the guy never came, I called LG again asking what happens with the tech and they has no explanation why the tech never went to check the unit, they asked me again to wait 3 to 4 more days so they can try to find another repair shop locally and suggested if I can get one close to my area they will pay for the parts and labor.

I found one repair shop with a open appointment for the next day and after I called LG to confirm the appointment they denied the Sears shop because they has to pay an additional amount for their first visit, I had to wait 4 days and today called again and they says I have to wait 3 more days because one of their shops rejected the order??? This is ridiculous. Why customers has to be dealing with this kind of incompetence, 2 weeks without a refrigerator with children at home and with this pandemic forcing us to go to the stores every day is not what I was expecting from the LG company. 2 weeks later and still I have no solution for repair this refrigerator.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Luis.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I find these customer service reviews hard to believe. So we bought the most beautiful big refrigerator and was one to boast about. UNTIL THE DREADED LG COMPRESSOR ISSUE.. Have been on the phone for over a month with them. Based in another country. They would not even offer a tech to come out. The ones they referred dont do the linear compressor. They offered to replace the compressor with us paying labor. Ok I dont care. Paid almost $3,000 for the fridge. I just want my warranty work done and done now. All the research I've done, everyone else has had my experience. So I find these reviews hard to believe. Come on LG help us out.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Donovan.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 28, 2020

If you want a reliable appliance, don’t buy LG. If you want to keep your food cold, don’t buy LG. If you want to be able to rely on a company to back their product, don’t buy LG. Do yourself a favor, don’t buy LG!

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Eva. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I bought an LG refrigerator (LMCX23746) from Costco in August, 2016. The ice maker stopped working in March, 2020. I paid LG $125 for a diagnosis by an LG technician who told me that a wire in the door is broken. It happened because we opened and closed the French door too many times (2000+). To repair, a new door and control board plus labor will cost me another $625-$875. I called LG and they refused to cover the parts because it is not part of the "closed system". The customer service even suggested I "slammed the door". I am following up with Costco on this. Even though I won't have an working ice maker in the end, I am not going to send one more penny to LG. Another customer has the same issue with the same LG fridge: **. So if you have an LG French Door unit, try to open the other door more. Or turn the French Door into a Single Door unit because the door with dispensers is dedicated to the ice maker.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Gong. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I bought my LG refrigerator in July 2016 and the compressor went out in September 2017. It took LG over a month to send out a repair person because nobody will work on LG refrigerators in my area due to LG not paying repair people for service calls. Now it is May 2020 and my compressor has gone out again. I contacted LG and have not received a call back. I contacted a repair person and they will not replace this again because they said LG has not fixed the problem with compressors and it will just go out again.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Shawna. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 26, 2020

The service was relatively quick and the technician was very professional. However, the refrigerator itself seems to be loud and poorly constructed especially in the stress areas where there is no reinforcement, just plastic (for example, the "Glide N' Serve" drawer. Even the inner plastic is not very durable. I am very unhappy with the quality of this LG refrigerator - it is very upsetting especially to my wife.

Original review: May 26, 2020

We have an LG refrigerator that is 2 years old. The ice maker stopped working in early April 2020. The compressor & fridge cooling ability stopped on 4/24. We have received nothing but the runaround. 1 certified repair place did a COVID diagnosis by phone & confirmed that it was the compressor, but said they would not come out until I had approval codes directly from LG. Jumped thru lots of good including uploading receipts to prove purchase date, amount paid, etc. Waited 12 days for the only repair service for warranty work & the guy showed up in my home with my elderly Mother & my Grandson with no mask or gloves for COVID precautions & did diagnosis only to confirm what our approval codes said. But, he doesn't travel with parts.

Ordered them expedited to ship to our house & he said to call 800# if they came in early as first open appointment was another 11 days away. They came the next day, but when I called they said I had earliest time already. 2 days before the appointment, I got a text notifying me that I had a new appointment on 6/3 instead of 5/16. Avoid A&E (Sears). They have no help. Supervisors have been supposedly expedited to try a return at Best Buy, but that's been 2+ weeks. Do not Buy or Settle for a replacement LG product. They should be out of business. Selling & repairing known & continuing Compressor issues. Join the class action suit.

LG Refrigerators response

Hello Belinda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.\

LG Refrigerators Company Information