Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Dehumidifier

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dehumidifiers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dehumidifiers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 10, 2020

I purchased Lg dehumidifier from Home Depot Model LHD45EL $179.00 July 2008. It's run wonderful system for my basement for almost 12 years until it stopped work June 8, 2020. I'm going to purchase New Honeywell model!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Another LG victim asked why LG does not offer a 5 year warranty like other more reputable vendors. They did, about 9 years ago. They know better now. I purchased one and knowing LG is really just the old Goldstar, I kept all the paperwork just to torture them. It was a model LHD45EL. Remember them by that old name? Want a disposable TV or refrigerator for a college dorm? Throw it out after 8 months? GOLDSTAR was the vendor of choice, cheap junk expected to fail. Well, I was not surprised. That unit failed within 1 year. Authorized service vendor was on the way to work so I drop it off. Hopelessly failed, irreparable. Unit replaced with a new one. Unit 2 same story. Lasted a year. Unit 3, same story. Unit 4, same story but this time they no longer had the same model available so they replaced it with a LHD459ELT9. At the end of the line, that took me to the end of the 5 year warranty.

This last one I somehow got lucky with and has lasted 4 years so far. Just had to relay the tale as I'm now looking for a replacement bucket handle. Yes, it snapped while carrying it up from the basement. Carpeted stairs, ugly mess. Then the scam, check the price for part EAP3523978. $78!!! You CANNOT buy just the handle, you must buy the whole bucket, a $15 part priced insanely at $78. Buying one? Not happening, going to make a replacement handle out of scrap. Paying $78 for that part is idiocy. This thing gets nursed along till it dies then go to another maker. I have NOTHING else made by LG. It was cheap. Knowing their history, I knew they were not worthy of trust but they were stupid enough to offer a 5 year warranty. After burning through 5 units under warranty, I'm certain they pulled a loss having to tolerate me.:) So, unless they offer a 5 year warranty, DO NOT buy LG.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2015

I have purchased several LG dehumidifiers and WILL NOT purchase another because they just don't last! I purchased a small unit because Home Depot was out of the larger units. I used it for a short period of time while I found a larger unit and stored it away for a rainy day when I plugged in the larger unit. The larger unit (70 Qt?) lasted 2 years and started freezing up. A feature I recall this unit was supposed to handle. I brought out the little guy until I could get to the store. It has an error code 1H which I see says "bring it in for service".

Original review: July 1, 2015

I bought an LG dehumidifier. It failed after 2 summers, so I bought another one. Yeah, I know, I was dumb to buy the second one. Well guess what, it failed after 2 summers as well. Contacted LG after the second one failed. Got the runaround for 3 weeks only to be told there was nothing they could do. Done with LG!

Original review: June 13, 2015

I purchased this item (LG Dehumidifier- Model LD451EGL) at Home Depot on 6/16/2013 and like many, I have a large basement that gets damp. On or about May 25, 2015 I noticed that the item was not collecting water even though the humidity was well above 50 as indicated by another dehumidifier that I brought in to use from another room. The other dehumidifier collected water as required. Even though subject item turns on along with condenser, it does not collect any water. One must assume there is no refrigerant. It is my intent to file a claim with my credit card company for their one year extended warranty. I do not have time for a company runaround. Warning to all buyers of LG products that their products may not be dependable!

Original review: May 30, 2015

LG LD651EBL - Looks impressive, with many features. This unit is junk after 14 months. I do not recommend this product and I am so unhappy. I am extending this to any LG product.

Original review: May 13, 2015

Collected a quart at start of 3rd season then stopped collecting water. Contacted company and they will not do anything since past one year warranty. Frigidaire has 5 year warranty on the sealed system - why doesn't LG have same warranty?

Original review: April 17, 2015

Purchased LG dehumidifier (LD451EGL) August 2013 and the unit worked for about 18 months. Unit continued to run but stopped collecting water. Evidently the refrigerant leaked out of the unit. Emailed and discussed with representative of LG. Wanted copy of receipt which was submitted but because 12 month warranty had expired there was no assistance offered. Discussed with my appliance repair technician who informed me that cost to repair would exceed cost of new unit. No more LG products for me.

Original review: April 1, 2015

I purchased LG Model # LD651EBL in 2012 from Home Depot and paid $285.00 for it....... The compressor will not turn on so I called LG to find a service center as I have a 5 year warranty on the compressor..... They told me that they were going to send me a check for the full purchase price as they were not going to fix it. I figured that there was something drastically wrong with this model, so instead of waiting for the check, I had to purchase another dehumidifier as the house was damp..... NO CHECK ever came!! So I called LG today to see where it was, and they told me that my claim was rejected, and the customer service rep was supposed to call me to let me know this. Now they are not going to reimburse me and the nearest service center is 47 miles one way......

The supervisor informed me that they could try to find one closer and if they couldn't they would try to have it picked up and sent back to LG for repair. Also said they would extend the warranty to cover the repair. Where is the check that the representative said was being sent to me??? Now I have to pay twice for someone who was not trained correctly. And made a big mistake... I will never buy anything from LG again. A big company like that unwilling to pay a consumer a lousy $285.00 after they make millions billing consumers out of their money. SHAME ON YOU LG...

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

Purchased the original in 2011. Within 1.5 years the dehumidifier began to accumulate frost on the top surface. Called LG and was told to contact repair person.... but then they agreed to send a replacement. Same thing occurred in a year or so. This time they directed me to a repair shop but when I called the shop they refused to have me bring the dehumidifier saying that LG does not pay and so I lugged the product miles from my home to find out that I would be required to pay for repairs - unless the issue was a defective compressor.

I called LG after lugging the product back home. They replaced the unit with a reconditioned unit... Now 1 year 7 months later the same problem - and LG Executive Services is unwilling to replace the product saying "all things are man-made and have flaws" - call an authorized repair. I've read repeatedly that the life-expectancy of a humidifier is about 3-5 years. Not so with LG.

LG Dehumidifiers Company Information