LG Dehumidifier
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

LG Dehumidifier

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 17, 2016

44 LG Dehumidifier Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: April 2, 2012

LG dehumidifier - The device quit working after one summer. They sent me a "refurbished' unit which also lasted through one summer. They told me to take it to a service facility which is 25 miles away and gave me a case number. The service facility informed me that it would cost fifty dollars to examine the unit. Probably a seal leaks refrigerant and the total cost is about $150. I suspected the refurbished unit was manufactured at about the same time as the original one. It was a very frustrating experience and wasted effort which could have been avoided if only the rep at LG would have been forthcoming.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2011

LG Dehumidifier’s automatic shut-off doesn't work. I almost had an overflow and then realized that even when I take the bucket out, the machine does not stop working as the directions say it should. I exchanged the unit and got another one, it’s has the same problem. LG customer service was not helpful.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2011

My model #GHD30Y7 was part of the recall and I contacted them about a replacement and was told I would get an email in a few days with info. A week went by and no email. I called again and was told to wait a few more days, still no email. I called back and got an email, followed instructions to get a replacement sent to me.

Directions said that I should receive a replacement unit with mailing labels to send the old one back. No new unit arrived, so I called again and was now told that I needed to send the old one back first. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to someone in an executive department who said that there were no supervisors in the recall department and that he could not do anything to help me, or tell me who could help me. I told him I would be filing a complaint with the BBB and he said fine. How long does it take to get a simple recall issue fixed? Now I need to provide a box, at my own expense, to ship the unit back?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2011

I purchased an LG Model LD651EBL 65 pint dehumidifier, the 2nd one I have purchased in 2 1/2 months. It keeps going to CH24 and shows "full bucket" and shuts off. I have to unplug it and plug it in again to have it start but it does not continue to operate and goes back to CH24. I have it hooked up to a hose that dumps into a basement well.

It has to operate either on a 2 or 4 hour period all year. I may be doing something wrong. If so, I need someone to let me know. I have called LG. They are very helpful, calling back in 1/2 hour. I must have a replacement today.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2010

I have yet another LG dehumidifier that just won't turn on and it's not even 1 year old. Don't buy an LG!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2010

Our one-year-old dehumidifier stopped working and was extremely noisy when it was working. We were instructed to deliver it to a miserable location and had to carry it in ourselves, we are seniors. The area we left was filled with broken dehumidifiers, the same model as ours. Obviously, another made in China piece of junk!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2010

I work second shift. I get home at 11:45. I went to the basement to feed my fish. I have five fish tanks in the basement. The dehumidifier was off. I don't always leave it on. I turned on the dehumidifier. It showed high level and was set at 70%. Everything was normal. I feed my fish and take care of my other pets. I went to my bedroom which is in the basement to watch TV at 12:45. While watching TV I smell smoke. This was about 1:15. I opened the bedroom door and could hardly see because of all the smoke. Running to the stairs, I see the dehumidifier fully engulfed in flames. Flames two feet high. I, being an ex-fire fighter, I pulled the plug. It just happened this was by the wash tubs. I took three buckets of water to put it out. The pictures will tell the rest of the story. Besides a basement full of smoke and an old metal cabinet that was damaged, my family is alive.

I contacted LG the next day. I called the customer service. They stated that I needed to take it to a service center to determine what happened and gave me the name of Pennale Appliance Service Center, Round Lake Ill. I took the dehumidifier to this service center. About 4 days later, the service center calls and states that LG should replace the dehumidifier. I contacted LG today and was told that as long as I was not making a damage claim for the house and no one was injured there was nothing they could do. I already cleaned the basement and threw away the metal cabinet. LG stated that their policy is if there is a damage to their dehumidifier, they are not responsible.

I tried to tell them that I cleaned the house myself and the old cabinet was nothing but I'm out of a dehumidifier and the most important thing I could have lost my family. I had six people in the house at the time. If I wasn't there at that time, it could have turned out a lot different. The receipt was in the owner’s manual taped to the top of the unit, which are all ashes now. The dehumidifier was purchased at Home Depot in 2004. I have pictures. If you want to see them, let me know where to send them. Let’s hope that no one dies while some one gets to the bottom of these fires.

Original review: June 13, 2010

I bought an LG dehumidifier and it did not work from the day I bought it. Trying to locate a responsive representative from LG is impossible. In fact, I have two LG dehumidifiers that don't work. You would think I would have learned my lesson the first time. I have a very humid basement that due to these non-functioning LG dehumidifiers has caused many stored items in my basement to become damaged beyond repair. Anyone who is thinking about buying any LG product should be aware of the very poor quality of both their products and of their customer service. Beware!

Original review: April 7, 2010

Purchased a LG Dehumidifier in June 07. Had problems with it. No service provider in the area that will work on them. LG could not give me anyone who could service it or offered to have it shipped back to the company. Likes to sell you a product and if you have a problem, just as well throw it in the trash because you can't get it serviced. Beware do not buy any LG products. You will lose if you purchase.

Original review: April 5, 2010

Purchased a dehumidifiers on June 6 2007 from alergy buyers club. Dehumidifiers gave me a error message and quite working. Called customer service for service provider. Gave me appliance repairs that did not perform work for them. I can't find anyone to repair them in my area or LG can't either. Sell you a product that can't get service on or cost more than new unit. All they give you is a run around. Don't buy any LG products. Trouble if you do and can't get service on them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2009
I am very disappointed with LG's product and service/warranty. We purchased the LHD459ELT8 unit in late July of 2008, because of the advanced features on this dehumidifier over other brands we had looked at. In addition the stated five year warranties seemed better than most others. We have kept up with the routine maintenance for a little over one year and then the evaporator froze up on us.

The authorized repair center called us after checking it and told us to pick up the unit and wait for instructions from LG on a new replacement, since this unit had a bad evaporator and could NOT be repaired. This seemed strange to us for a relatively new unit, that was not abused, would have such a low serviceability outlook!

After not hearing from LG electronics, I had to contact them at different extensions (transfers)and phone numbers before I was informed that even though I gave their authorised service center all the information, I would have to fax the same information to them at their long distance toll call number!

I just received my replacement, a refurbished unit with a poor spray paint job on the top (must have been to cover up scratches from the "klutz" who owned it before). This replacement dehumidifier has no display for the room humidity level nor does the box state that it has low room temperature operation and LG claims, "that digital display is not available on the newer models nor do they have a replacement unit like my REALLY OLD UNIT" (one year old!).

The replacement unit is noisy when the compressor kicks in and the owner's manual looks like they got it out of a dirty trash bin and has hand written scribbling over it (a real class act!). I never heard of LG Electronics before 2008 and in all likelihood with an experience like this, I won't want to in the future!

Original review: July 20, 2009

I filed a warranty claim on my dehumidifier over 3 months ago. I have called 4 different times, talked to 4 different people. Each one told me that they would get the problem solved and call me back in 3 business days. Not one of them called me back. When I filed the claim, I was given the name of a service repairman from Johnson Appliances in Laurel, IN. He came to my home, checked the unit, and said it could not be repaired and that he would send a report to LG, which his secretary Kathy says she has sent this report to LG 3 different times. Yet when I call, no one seems to know anything about this.

Now this is a dehumidifier which cost me $219.00 + sales tax. The warranty was for 1 year. I used the unit approx. 3 months then the compressor went out. I was planning to buy an LG big screen TV and washer & dryer, but after this I can assure you I will never purchase another LG product. The warranty service is the worst that I have ever seen. If it's this much hassle to solve a warranty claim for a $219 appliance, I can't imagine what it would be like for a $3000 TV. My claim on the dehumidifier still is not resolved. I talked with someone named Richard in the Tech Service Dept on June 11th, he assured me he would resolve the problem and call me back in 3 days - never happened.

On July 1st, I spoke with Yavonna. While I was on hold with her, she called Kathy at Johnson Appliances. She got back on the phone to me and told me that Kathy told her that my dehumidifier was unrepairable and that Kathy was sending the report directly to her this time. Again I was told by Yavonna that she would take care of this and call me back with the results. No one from LG has called me. I plan to tell everyone that I know not to buy LG because they do not honor their warranties on their products!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2008

We purchased an LG dehumidfier in 2006. Warranty for repair or replacement for five years. First dehumidifer failed in May 2008 for which they offered a replacement. The replacement failed in Sept. 2008 at which time they said they had no replacements and the closest service center was too far away to service so they offered a refund (I can supply a copy of the letter sent to Mr. ** but I couldn't attach a scan to this form).

We spent a good deal of time researching this product and picked it for the aesthetics and price. We would prefer to have it fixed if they couldn't replace it but that option wasn't offered once they discovered it would cost them too much since there are no service reps in our area. Now, they're offering to refund at the purchase price from 2006. And we, once again, have to take the time to find a replacement ourselves for an item they offered a five-year warranty for (warranty states repair or replacement). At this point, I'm wondering if it's common practice for them to offer warranties they have no intention of fulfilling and hope that nothing goes wrong with them. Or, in our case, have problems with two different units so they back out of the warranty contract.

Original review: April 3, 2007

Purchased a dehumidifier from Home Depot in Sept 2005. By Dec. 2006, the on/off switch broke. LG gave me the name of some rinky dink repair place to bring it in the heart of a not very nice neighborhood. That place kept my machine for one month and never answered my phone calls or contacted me as to when it would be fixed. I called LG 3 times to complain about this place. After one month the machine was fixed and I paid $75 in repair and took it home. Now it runs and runs and doesn't do anything. It just keeps running. Didn't even make 2 years for close to $300.

LG Dehumidifier Company Information