Find an Air Conditioners partner

LG Air Conditioner

4.0/5 (144 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About LG Air Conditioner

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

LG Air Conditioners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Air Conditioners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: April 3, 2021

I was facing cooling issue with my LG Split AC & I have called LG service customer care. Service person came after 10 days and done some cleaning work, but issue was not fixed. Then Second time I raised the complaint and they provided service person in charge person contact detail(Mr. ** - **, Mr ** - **). Even after 100 times calling no response and very badly handling. I am really frustrating with the process they handled and still my issue was not fixed. My request no - **. Still I don’t know, how to fix my issue. Better to search outside technicians. If anyone buy LG AC - please be keep in mind about the service support.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

This company will not provide any technical support to non-contractors. Their installation manuals are fuzzy and non specific and they offer little to no troubleshooting information online. I bought a system and when it was installed originally 3 of the 4 cassettes did not work. Due to my remote location there are no HVAC technicians anywhere nearby. Ordered three more cassettes, installed, and two of three worked great. Still have one not working. Do not buy one of these.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Nancy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We installed 4 x LG Artcool Air-conditioners of various sizes from 9000 to 24000 BTU. The compressors have a 5 year warranty. After 1.5 years the covers were showing signs of rust, and after 3 years, all the covers of the compressors were rusted beyond acceptable norms, to the extent of defacing the look of the property. Air conditioner compressors of other suppliers that have been installed in the immediate vicinity do not have this problem.

I reported this issue in detail to the installer with pictures, who forwarded it to LG. LG's representative "Carol" wrote back a one liner "Unfortunately the covers are not under Warranty". The solution offered was to replace the covers at R5500 per cover. As it seems that LG is happy with this standard of product for an outdoor unit that is not treated with an appropriate paint or cover that can last longer for 3 years, I highly suggest you look at alternative vendors such as Samsung, Nashua, Alliance and Luxaire, that do not seem to have this problem of excessive rusting over a short period of time.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Roman. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

LG plays games that amount to a scam. Executive Services department representatives claim to have no authority to implement solutions that they suggest. Executive Services say they will replace a faulty unit through the Rebate Department, then the Rebate Department denies the payment. The Executive Services Department claims they cannot speak directly with the Rebate Department, nor with the other Executive Services "Supervisors" who have worked on the case. The whole process is an endless loop with one department offering a solution and another department denying the solution, and with them claiming they cannot talk with one another.

This portable air conditioner never worked. Recall service was performed on it and the technician wrote "working according to specs" on the service invoice. The unit still never worked to cool air despite the fan running. All related invoices and documents were submitted to LG Executive Services representatives. Executive Services representative acknowledged that because of the recall service being performed without successful repair, the warranty period should be extended. Executive service said I should buy a replacement unit and submit a rebate claim. When I did as I was instructed, the claim was denied by the Rebate Department. Executive Services resubmitted the claim and it was denied again.

The result is that I have wasted a lot of time with LG's scammy Executive Services department, and I have to pay return shipping costs for the replacement unit that LG refused to pay for. LG's response is that, "We understand and agree with your complaint but "unfortunately" we cannot speak directly between our departments to resolve the issue." LG customer service is a scam. Do not buy their products, they do not stand behind them and will waste your time and money if allowed.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Eric. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Updated on 03/12/2021: I opened a case in September of 2020 and the last response from the company was Early February. Come on LG resolve my issue and stop dragging this on.

Original Review: We purchased the 18000 ductless dual zone units and had them installed 1 year ago. We have had them repaired and parts replaced as they stopped blowing cold air nor did the fans blow. After thousands to buy these and thousands to install now $700 for repairs we are sitting here again with broken units. I am beyond frustrated and just want them out of my house!!!

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Joanne. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I purchased LG portable a/c, model number LP1017WSR, from Walmart on 07/02/2019. On 05/03/2020, I filed a warranty claim with LG because the unit leaked all over the carpet. Over the last 4 months, I have talked to LG customer service reps 7 times! After a month and 1/2, I finally was referred for a service call. In July, the 1st repair person was sent out and determined two parts needed replacing. The parts were ordered, but one came in damaged and had to be re-ordered. Two weeks later a DIFFERENT repair person came out to replace the ONE part that was received. However, he did not know how to replace the part. He asked to take the a/c with him so he could research how to make the repair.

We finally heard from the FIRST repair person that the unit was ready to return to us. He was supposed to deliver it on August 24, but he didn't show up and we haven't heard from him. But honestly I have NO confidence that this unit has been repaired correctly and I cannot take the chance that it will leak into the carpet again, as it is located in a rental home.

I called LG again on August 11 and explained all of this to the service rep, Amelia. I also stated that I am tired of dealing with this situation, have no confidence in this product or LG in general and I want a refund of the total amount spent on the a/c unit; $349. She assured me she would send my complaint to the Resolution Unit and I would hear something within 4-5 days. She also said she would PERSONALLY keep track of the status of my request and call me back. After hearing nothing AGAIN, I called and talked to Amelia again on August 18. She said the Resolution Unit had not made any progress on my request. I again strongly stated that I want a refund for this unit and they can have it back! She said she would discuss the issue with her supervisor and promised to call me again within 24 hours.

I finally heard back 2 days later and was told that all LG could do is continue to sent repair people out until one of them tell LG that the unit cannot be repaired. That is the only way for me to get a refund. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I will go to every website I can find to promote the truth... DO NOT purchase LG products because they do not stand behind them.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Mary. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Mini split was installed only 4 months ago, the bedroom unit now does not blow cold, and it’s 100+. Here’s the problem. The installer says LG has terrible service and they can’t get any help to repair it? I’ve read similar reviews online, so here we sit in a hot house having paid a lot of money for this system!

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello William.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: June 21, 2020

My son's LG portable air conditioner caught on fire in the middle of the night. Which resulted in damage to my carpet. Now LG wants a receipt I don't have. The purchase was 5 years ago. Do not buy LG!!!

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Sarah.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 18, 2020

I stop using an AC in my room. I only have two windows in my room. It made my room dark can’t just lift and take out so on cool nights I just had the one window. Three years ago my son got an LG. He loved it. So easy to use. Has a unit inside and all you need to put in window is the hose. So I got two 3 years ago. Last year bought my niece one. Depending on the size of the room is how you decide which model to get. We all love them. I give it a ten if you don’t have central air.

Original review: May 18, 2020

Bought a 3 split airconditioner system Dec'16. Really cold and nice for a few months. Less than a year later, my unit started to rattle really loudly. 4-5 motor changes later, I forced them them to change the whole unit. To their credit, they did that. Then it started rattling again. Changed the motor again. Finally stopped rattling. But then it was no longer as cold as before, and even on low speed it's quite loud compared to others.

3.5 years later. Compressor motor started a loud whine that can be heard through the wall. Extended warranty only included parts. Fair enough. So here's the bill for a unit that still under warranty:

$100 - for the initial appointment to check.
    $550 - For the 'labour' to repair/replace the 'free under warranty' component.

$80 - to top up gas.

$730.

Wait, there's GST on top of that. So, to repair a compressor under covered under warranty, it's almost $800, or about 32% of the cost price to do so. Cheaply made. Poor quality rubbish. Only good for the start, so I guess you can get that if you're running a temporary construction site for 1-2 years to use and throw away.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Aaron. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a multi-national corporation headquartered in South Korea, specializing in bringing the latest technological advancements into consumer’s homes. In addition to many other tech products, LG innovates and sells portable, window and wall air conditioners along with accessories to improve your air conditioner’s accessibility and performance.

• Live chat: Get your questions answered fast from your laptop, tablet or mobile device using the live chat feature. Send an email if you can’t wait around for a chat reply and you’ll receive a prompt response.

• Promotions: LG frequently offers deals on their appliances, so be sure to check their website before buying your new air conditioner to see if your purchase will qualify for a discount, rebate or other promotion.

• 24-hour timer: Many of LG’s wall air conditioners feature a 24-hour timer so you can pre-determine how warm or cool you want your home. Cool it off before you leave for work and then again just before you come home so you are always comfortable without spending a fortune on energy costs.

• Remote control access: Control your wall, window or portable air conditioner from across the room with convenient remote control access.

• Dehumidification: Opt for a portable air conditioner with dehumidification technology to reduce indoor humidity levels while cooling off your indoor space, creating a more comfortable environment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team