Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Air Conditioner
1.33/5

LG Air Conditioner

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Air Conditioner Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My advice is to not purchase a LG product. The unit did not work. Contacted the LG Customer Service for advice. Was connected to a lady in the Philippines who spoke "OK" English, she had no technical knowledge of A/C units. She referred to a written "protocol", the advice, leave the unit on for 24 to 48 hours. When I asked her why? She simply could not answer. Really a pitiful attempt to help the customer. Good manufacturers offer advice, LG just wants the sale, they operate under "Buyer Beware" and my advice is to be "beware" when purchasing from LG, if it works great, if it does not, do not expect any help from LG.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I spend more time working this remote control than I do my TV remote. It's impossible to correctly adjust the temp to a comfortable setting. Half the time it doesn't even kick on. I've had to turn off power at the breaker multiple times to reset the system. User manual is useless.

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

They have no customer support; their manual is a gibberish translation; all they do is tell you that you have to pay for a service call to get a question answered about the operation of your system. If I had known that their "technical support" was non-existent, we would not have bought their products.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We had an LG Ductless AC/Heat pump installed one year ago and now it will not blow warm air. We have tried to contact the company for 5 straight days. There is NO WAY to get through to the company to exercise the warranty. It is not worth anything since no one at the company will answer phone/email/chat inquiries. Do not make the mistake of buying LG products.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I bought an LG Window Unit LW2416HR about 14 months ago. It is a large unit, 23,000 BTU with heat. It lasted 11 months before shutting down constantly with Code 134. That code means excessive heat and pressure according to a local AC technician. I contacted Home Depot about the problem both locally and their Corporate Headquarters. They said after three months I must contact LG directly. After contacting LG and submitting all the required documentation, I was given a case number and told to wait 3-5 days.

After 7-10 days they finally called and said no technician is available in our area. Since the one year warranty had expired with all the delays and waiting, we were told nothing more could be done. We have bought three large LG window unit air conditioners. One lasted four years, one lasted 2 years, and the last one lasted a little over eleven months. The one that lasted four years also displayed code 134. The second one lasted two years before the fan motor started making a growling sound. The newest one started shutting down and displaying code 134. We followed all operating manual instructions about cleaning filters, shading the unit, etc. Nothing worked. Getting a technician to work on one of these units in a small town or the country is difficult or impossible. LG has a quality control problem with their largest window AC units. Home Depot should stop selling the largest LG window units.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Purchased new thru-the-wall air conditioner and it does not cool. We contacted the wholesaler we bought the unit from (RSC) and their only response was, "You have to call LG technical support." LG was contacted - several automated transfers and extremely long on hold times. They indicated that someone would contact us to schedule a time for repairs. A week later we still haven't received service. Spent another few hours on hold today to finally talk to a human that assured me that someone will contact us within 24 hours for service. We have installed several LG units in past without issues, but after this experience I will have a tough time dealing with the distributor or LG on any future purchases.

Original review: July 23, 2019

In 2010 I had installed a LG duct-free mini split with one larger unit and 2 smaller ones at a cost of $8,000. I went through Home Depot to find the product and installer. Since that time the unit has failed 3 times, costing over $800. Each time the company said the failed part was out of warranty. Recently I spoke to an independent installer who said he had had the most trouble with LG air conditioners. The company was difficult to contact and not available after business hours. He recommended Fujitsu or Mitsubishi as far more reliable products. I am now in the process of replacing the LG with a Fujitsu system.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I am writing this review after use of LG air conditioner from last 4 years. I bought an inverter AC four year ago. It was installed in room just after 2 days of purchasing. I found it very efficient in terms of cooling as well as energy efficiency. This is the Best Inverter AC.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Customer service reps & executive team rep keep giving me the run around re-approving my proof of purchase so that they can delay replacing my A/C when the compressor is not working properly. The company is not honoring their warranty for this new A/C. Customer service rep actually lied about submitting additional info to the returns authorization dept. and executive team rep stated that she is now starting from scratch. Now I am told I have to wait again for their decision which will take additional time due to the holiday last week which they are catching up from. At this rate maybe they will make some kind of decision once the summer is over. It looks like I will have to buy another A/C which will definitely not be an LG.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I bought an LG thru the wall AC last June. It worked great last summer and early fall. Living in the northeast obviously it wasn’t used all winter. I turned it on about a month ago and it’s not working. I have spoken to every person in India explaining it’s still under warranty. I have sent too many pictures to their website as you have to, to send a message. I have a piece of junk AC that’s worthless. If I can find a US address my next step is small claims court. Either fix it or replace it. AC’s this day in age should last close to ten years, not 6 months.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a multi-national corporation headquartered in South Korea, specializing in bringing the latest technological advancements into consumer’s homes. In addition to many other tech products, LG innovates and sells portable, window and wall air conditioners along with accessories to improve your air conditioner’s accessibility and performance.

• Live chat: Get your questions answered fast from your laptop, tablet or mobile device using the live chat feature. Send an email if you can’t wait around for a chat reply and you’ll receive a prompt response.

• Promotions: LG frequently offers deals on their appliances, so be sure to check their website before buying your new air conditioner to see if your purchase will qualify for a discount, rebate or other promotion.

• 24-hour timer: Many of LG’s wall air conditioners feature a 24-hour timer so you can pre-determine how warm or cool you want your home. Cool it off before you leave for work and then again just before you come home so you are always comfortable without spending a fortune on energy costs.

• Remote control access: Control your wall, window or portable air conditioner from across the room with convenient remote control access.

• Dehumidification: Opt for a portable air conditioner with dehumidification technology to reduce indoor humidity levels while cooling off your indoor space, creating a more comfortable environment.

• Best for: homeowners and apartment dwellers who are looking for portable, window or wall air conditioning units.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs