1.34/5
Based on 95 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

LG Air Conditioner

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

110 LG Air Conditioner Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The conditioner cooled for only two summers of moderate use, by the third season it powered up and both the fan and compressor turn on but only non cooled air came out. I tried to access the innards to check for coolant leak but it was impossible to remove the rear case after removing all the screws (14) fastening it closed. While it is a good looking product with convenient controls the fact remains that it has some major inferior internal design problems with the cooling system.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I purchased a $400 LG air conditioner 3 years ago and after 2 years it quit working although I often clean the filter and empty the water. I've been purchased a second $400 LG air conditioner which lasted one season with the same results. This product is garbage and you rip off your customers as I have seen several similar reviews. Your company should not be allowed to steal people's money like this.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Bought this 6000 btu LG ac unit and the unit is not working. The compressor doesn't turn on. Will never buy another product from them. This unit is 14 months old and I am elderly on a limited income. Stay clear of this so called company.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I am in the process of looking for an affordable 12000 BTU window A/C. My similar LG unit has just died after 10 years of great service. I am considering another LG, but with some of the reviews, I'm not sure if the quality is still there. My LG unit had all of the features that I desired and could really chill a large bedroom, foyer and a small bathroom. Hope I can find a repeat of what I'm losing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

15 years ago, I purchased a 10,000 BTU LG window air conditioner. At the time, they were a top rated a/c maker. It lasted 10 years with only one servicing for refrigerant. When the compressor went out after 10 years, I replaced it with a new 10,000 BTU LG in 2012. In just over two years, it broke - it would not turn on. It was the control panel circuit board and cost almost as much to repair as the purchase price. The authorized LG repair company said that this had become a common problem with many LG appliances. The circuit board was replaced in the Spring of 2015, but a bit over two years later, the same problem has happened again.

LG is not interested in the problem, which is obviously a quality of manufacturing issue. They are insulting, unprofessional and condescending. I did not expect to have to replace this window air conditioner this quickly. With what I have spend between the purchase price and the repair, I would have been better off spending an additional $150 initially on a Freidrich unit. It's amazing how far a company can fall from top rated products to incredibly poor quality. I will never purchase any LG product again and would highly recommend that no one else does, either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: June 19, 2017

Purchased LG INVERTER AC from Reliance Digital and found there is cooling issues from the first day and started complaining with Reliance Digital as well as LG. Min temperature even after 2 hrs of continuous cooling is 22°C only. Service engineer informed that company is stopped replacing of faulty AC, but will repair only. Please think twice before purchasing AC from LG.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Bought LG AC just 8 months ago. Service guy giving irrelevant reply to us when called for service. His service is worst. Kindly make sure service guy is really doing service to customers or not. Please don't buy LG AC as they have not called for service or not done service properly.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I bought a LG portable Air conditioner unit on eBay (LG LP1414GXR). It died on me 3 months into services. LG fixed it under warranty. It died again a month after 12 month warranty expired. LG has refused to fix the product. Due to poor quality of product and service I would not recommend LG products to anyone. This was the last LG product that I purchased, no more LG products for me.

Here is veiled threat from LG when I informed them that I intend to inform the public about this: "At this time, the only assistance we would be able to provide would be service on the unit. If you are interested in scheduling service please contact customer service. Also, just as a reminder, to avoid being marked as spam, please read our Community Rules: ** to learn about trolling and other behavior that breaks the guidelines of this page. We invite all conversations and look to assist customers reaching out for help, but there are community rules in place to prevent spamming, etc."

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

I live in an apartment that my son owns and two of two the rooms each have an LG window air conditioner/heater in it. They are both about two years old and I have 1 of those years enjoyed them perfectly. Last week 1 of them stopped working so I needed a repairmen whom promptly came (within two days). I live in southwest Florida. The repairmen was from LG and was very professional and courteous and provided great work.

My problem happened when I was told that the reason my unit stopped working was because of a piece of Styrofoam that came loose from around one of the coils that apparently is in place for transportation of the unit but does not get removed because the installers don't even know it is in place so the piece of Styrofoam came loose and blocked the fan and hence the problem. That cost me a services call of 192.60 dollars. I do keep the unit clean. I take the screen out once a month and wash it. I ask is that not a problem that I (the consumer) should pay so dearly?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

My experience with LG (Lucky Goldstar) products has been consistently poor. Their air conditioners vibrate and are noisy. I also purchased a Goldstar dehumidifier that had to be tossed because the membrane panel went bad. When I was on vacation in Mexico, the room had an LG wall unit that, big surprise, vibrated and made different noises! Is it so hard to manufacture an air conditioning unit that runs quietly? I would avoid purchasing any products from this company as they are of a consistently inferior nature. LG is quite the contrast to Samsung, another Korean corporation that makes high quality, durable products.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

I purchased AC last year. I lodged a complaint in customer service during warranty period. Engineer came and found product damage. Engineer said this will be replaced as soon as we receive the product. I called many times. No response. After two months, they said I need to pay since it is out of warranty. How we can trust such a fraud company. They do pricing the products including the charges of warranty. Please careful.

Resolution response: Sept. 21, 2016

The LG Company has started corresponding with me. It is being resolved

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

Worst experience when I bought the LG Portable AC Model 1111WXRY1 from local Home Depot on 04/02/2012. Just one week before completing one year, the cooling stopped. I called LG Customer Service on 03/27/2013 when the unit was well within one year warranty. I was given name and number of a Technician. The technician came and measured the outflow air temperature and suggested that either Compressor is bad or Freon is out. I followed up with LG after few days on 04/01/2013 and I was told they have not heard anything from technician. Upon my calling Technician, I was told that he cannot fix the AC.

I talked to customer Service again on 04/07/2013 and gave all my information again and the Rep gave me same technician number despite my telling her that they are not ready to do repair work. Thereafter, I called twice on 04/09/2013 and my phone was disconnected. So, I went to the Home Depot from where I bought this unit. The manager at Home Depot was kind enough to call the LG Customer service on my behalf. He spoke to the Representative who promised that the technician will call next day and issue will be resolved. Nobody called me next day. When I called technician, I was told, not to call him again. Reluctantly, this piece is lying in my garage. I have all dates and time and the person who I speak to are available. I could not give my review earlier due to some family issues.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

I purchased the portable A/C unit LP0814WNR from Lowe's this summer to cool one room that is not connected to central A/C. After 4 weeks the fuse got tripped and after that the A/C did not start working anymore. The error code E1 came up and the manual that clearly states "LG" asks to call the customer service with an LG customer number. My first call to them resulted in confusion as they were not familiar with the differences between the model, type and serial number. The first person I talked to told me that my request to repair was forwarded and I would receive a call shortly. After three days nothing happened and I called the service center again and was told a repair was scheduled for in about 10 days and I was given a phone number. The end of the story was that after he asked for me to take a picture of the A/C and send it he stated that he would not come because the machine did not say "LG" on it. The fact that Aeon is an LG product did not change his mind.

The call center was surprised to learn that this "service center" was not working out and suggested somebody else who is not repairing portable A/C though they repair other LG products. I got three other numbers from "service centers" and was told to start calling them at 9 am next day. I ended up calling Lowe's where I had purchased the machine and because I bought it less than 30 days ago I was able to return it for a full refund. I would have liked to get it repaired but this was not working out. Everybody at the service center (which is located in the Philippines) was very friendly and tried their best but they are not familiar with those "service centers" in the USA, which are basically contractors or other businesses that repair LG products. The Aeon product webpage also has a customer phone number but they do not even pick up and once I was waiting for more than 5 minutes the call got disconnected. I will not buy a LG product again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I bought a 12,000 portable air conditioner in July of 2015 and used it for awhile and it seems to work fine then, but in May of 2016 I hooked it up and it was not cooling off my rooms which was the kitchen and living room. So brought back to Home Depot in June before the warranty expired and they exchange it for another one 12,000 btu. I finished talking to a tech from LG because the 2nd one is doing the same as the first one did. They will not warranty the 2nd one. Only on the first which the warranty has expired. So I am stuck with a air conditioner that does not cool the rooms. I will never buy anything from LG. They do not work with you at all or stand by their products.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Purchased the LG Model: LP1415SHR Heating and A/C Unit. It leaked, then leaked again, then leaked again - flooding my floor. Had a tech come out three times and each time it (of course) was user error - they will NEVER take responsibility. The first time supposedly it wasn't level. The second time the pan is small and needs to be emptied more often, is all. The third time it was clogged. NOW the Temperature Buttons do not work, so I have an A/C that does not cool below the standard setting of 72 Degrees.

I am home-bound and on disability so this was a huge purchase for me. I sent a couple of the upper management and the board or director's emails and NEVER heard back. I am not a spiteful person, but I do take a little pleasure that people who read this will KNOW what a crappy product and an even crappier company LG is BEFORE they spend their money with them like I did.

Original review: July 26, 2016

Window unit LG model LW7013HR - I have bought 3 units within 2 years. It worked good the first year, but after a year They had a problem with capacitor twice, I had replace it. The compressor shut off before it reached the set point. Two units acted that way. I would not recommend for Unit LG to anybody. Thank you.

Original review: July 9, 2016

I purchased LG Portable Air Conditioner 10,000 BTU 5/15/14 from Home Depot. A couple of months ago I noticed it didn't function well. I was having heart problems, breathing problems. Throwing up everyday, nausea, dizziness as it progressed. Two or three weeks ago I started smelling a men's public restroom smell like pee. I live in my room with my wife due to my dialysis status. I need air. I called Home Depot repair. They connected me to the technician. I described the smell and my symptoms. He told me that he could tell me right now what was wrong. He said it smells like cat pee and it showed E4. It was the Freon added smell when Freon is leaking.

He told me that it would be 12 more days before they could come out but he would work on a better date. I don't have a problem with Home Depot. I took it to Home Depot and they exchanged it for me. I looked up the health problems associated with from Freon leak. They were what I was experiencing in my small room. I had no idea that a Freon leak causes heart problems along with breathing and dizziness problems. I was severely dizzy everyday and fell three or four times, and stumbled everywhere. The new machine has clean air and I am slowly improving. Consumer beware.

Original review: June 7, 2016

LG LPO815WNR. I have say that my experience with the LG portable air conditioner that I purchased has been trouble since day 1. I called customer service after I hooked everything up and complained that I was having trouble with a loud banging noise coming from inside the unit (sounded like rocks bouncing around inside). Let them know that the sound was not as bad when unit was set on low. She was unable to answer my questions but did send me an email the next day asking me a few questions. I responded but did not receive a reply.

Called a few day later and got someone that was obviously not in the US. Went over my complaint again. He asked me where my unit was. I told him it was in my beauty shop at my house and he told me straight out that voided my warranty on the unit because I was using it in a business??? I told him that it was at my house, in a small room??? How could it be voided. I knew that I was screwed and that LG had NO intentions of helping me with the problem. PLEASE ~ DO NOT do business with them. They are not sympathetic and will look for ways to void your warranty, even if it is not working when you first plug it in. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Original review: May 25, 2016

The unit is 13 months old and the fan is loose on the blower motor shaft. This caused a vibration that shook the unit. Looks like the keeper rusted away as has some of the shaft the fan is attached to.

Original review: April 21, 2016

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS...WORST PEOPLE AND SERVICE. We just bought a brand new split AC one week ago from a LG showroom in Dasarahalli near Jalahalli Cross, Bangalore. Their true service came into light once the booking was done. For shipping the AC to our home, they took 2 days time but before booking, they had mentioned just a few hours after our booking it will be delivered. On repeated calls to the sales person of that showroom, they delivered the AC and initially they had not mentioned any kind of extra charges but once the delivery was done, all the extra charges were told, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Now, for the installation they do not have technicians and there is only one person who is always busy with phone calls more than his work and never responds to the calls. It's been more than a week and yet the AC is still to be installed. The LG showroom sales people are least bothered about this even after we calling them up continuously. Everyday they give us lame reasons or provide us with contact number of people (according to them the higher authority of LG - which I believe they are bluffing) who are even more careless, arrogant individuals and fit for nothing.

LG's own representatives are stating that our service is like this only and we can't do anything. How cheap is that. Now, they are telling us to find someone from Quikr and get it installed by ourselves and they pay the amount to us. Cheap, very cheap. "LG - Life's Good". If you provide such services and hire such representatives, then life will become bitter and your company will soon be under loss for sure. WORST PEOPLE AND SERVICE.

Original review: March 28, 2016

I bought Window AC Model no - LWA3GP3A1.ANLG in last October. It's making too much noise, even we can't sleep in that noise. I raised complaints to area manager but he is not helping to solve issue. His team fail to resolve issues and now they are saying we can't change AC, it's replaceable in 7-8 days. Company person not solved issue and now they are even responding.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

I purchased an LG window air conditioner LW8015ER in May 2015. By August 2015 the control panel on/off switch was not working properly and was hard to press on and off. I put in a repair request and they entered it in the system. First the confirmation came over by email that it was a Microwave that I was asking for repairs. I called them and told them it was not. They had the model number and the SSN of the unit and they supposedly fixed it. Wells appliance came to look at the unit, when they arrived, the technician said they had me down for a microwave but he said clearly they had the wrong information because the numbers matched the air conditioner.

Wells put called in a replacement part for the control panel. Weeks later I called and they had to put the call in again because it got lost. Weeks later the part finally comes in and the tech comes to put in the part. He can't figure out how to put it in, makes a few calls after trying and cuts himself in the meantime. Runs the unit and it sounds awful. Much, much worse than it ever ran. He said he was going to call in to get the unit replaced. From here it goes downhill.

I have made several calls to Wells and LG, they both tell me to talk to the other and I get the runaround. Here it is February 1, 2016 and I made another call to LG, they are doing nothing about this problem, they see no request from the tech to have this replaced, they want to send Wells back out. NO WAY! Both companies should be ashamed of themselves for this poor treatment they call "Customer Service". I have many LG Products and this will be the last one I buy if this is how they treat their customers. Seems like they are waiting for the warranty to run out so they don't have to repair or replace this poorly made product. They are now looking for a different service company to come out to look at the unit. They told me it will take 5 to 10 business days until I hear back. This is what they always tell me and I never hear back from them. Do not buy this product. If it breaks you will never get it fixed.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

Attempted many times to obtain a refund for this defective product. Last contact was an appointment with their rolling technicians, had requested a specific time to be here - No call at the specific time, had to cancel appointment. Previous tech visit could not repair unit on the spot. Lost use of this air conditioner during the hottest month - August. So disappointing - words cannot describe. BBB has been involved also (to assist with getting a response from LG). I could go on and on...

Point here is, this product needs to be removed from sale - period. This is a defective product. It shuts off the compressor - leaving you with No Cooling... When it functioned, the heat from the exhaust tube alone, defeats the cooling. Additionally: Air-Conditioner pulls cool room air through the unit and out the exhaust tube, not efficient use of electricity, or a ideal cooling method. This unit needs to be taken off the market. Thanks for your time and reading. Great days everyone. I feel this product experience has been the right up there with the worst purchase that I can recall; ever.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

LG portable AC-motel LP0814WNR (8000 BYU) - Purchased the unit in Oct 2014 at the tail end of a heatwave in Los Angeles. The unit is rated for a 200 sq. ft room. My bedroom is 150 sq. ft. It seemed to cool pretty good during that week or two. However in July-Aug 2015 I found it took 2-3 hours to drop the room 5-7 degrees. With the room starting at 83-85 degrees it took 3 hours to get the temp down to 79-78 degrees. I've had LG technicians out 3 times and all they do is measure the outlet air temp and claim the unit is operating satisfactorily. They refuse to address its inability to cool the room effectively. It looks like I wasted $300. Be cautious of LG products.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

The LG Model L 214 GXR worked just fine when we got it last summer. We plug it up this year and water run out the bottom of the unit. We cannot find where it is coming from. Oh well. Good for one year and that is it. We will not buy another. Too much money for so little use.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Called on June 23 about the mode on the ac. Had to send the picture of receipt to show under warranty. Took a month to get Expert Appliance to look at it. Came and said I needed a new mode. There is no part number to give LG to order it. LG said "Sorry will check on it tomorrow." It is August in Florida and hot. Paid over 600.00 dollars for this unit and still no part and LG is no help. Came home and my house about burnt down because of this. Very angry and nobody helps.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

Picture this - sleeping in your room on a peaceful summer night, suddenly waking up in shock that your AC owned for two years is catching on fire. If it weren't for the smell of the smoke or loud booming sounds two people could have been hurt.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Bought a LG air conditioner (LW8014ER) from Home Depot September 2014. August 1, 2015 it locked up. On Aug 4 a technician arrived, decided it needed a replacement part he didn't have. Removed the unit from the window, stored it in our garage, and then ceased to answer our phone calls. After multiple phone calls to LG customer service, they denied authorization to return the unit. They said the part had already been ordered (?), and then refused to answer where they were located, or where the part was being shipped from/to. They also refused to tell us how long this process would take.

In the meantime, we're without an air conditioner in the hottest part of summer. Don't guess we'll need one 'round Christmas, which is about when I expect LG to make good--although I could be wrong. NEXT Christmas is a strong possibility. After reading hundreds of reviews, seems like this unit spends more time in ICU than in the window. Shame on LG. Hope every consumer who bought one makes as much noise as this useless air conditioner. Don't have an order #, but here's the serial #:403CXEAC0612, Model #LW8014ER.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2015

Ease of use is excellent, but alas, the product itself is illogical in that it produces as much heat inside as it tries to cool, thus recycling the heat it produces. Behaves like an elaborate fan with many different controls so that it gives the impression it works as an air conditioner (which it really isn't). Sad, because for elders who cannot lift window A/C's, no lifting is technically required to install it. But lifting is required to empty it if water condenses in the bottom (as it claims to). Too new to collect any on any of the 3 machines purchased, except 1 which gave error message as FL (full), after it rattled, and shut down, repeatedly! So, very confusing machine, as it operates like no other window A/C ever owned... potential? But no cigar! Not cheap, but not expensive for Boston summers... recommended for Southern U.S. Weather? NO WAY!

Original review: July 30, 2015

The LG air conditioner I purchased less than 3 years ago is terrible. I have to physically remove the water 4 times a day because the unit overheats and turns off. I called LG and they do not offer help and their support staff reads off a computer screen and don't know how to assist customer properly. When I asked to speak to a manager, they hang up on me. I spoke to agent ** which did not assist nor answered my concerns. I will never buy an LG product again. This company does not back up their products.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LG is a multi-national corporation headquartered in South Korea, specializing in bringing the latest technological advancements into consumer’s homes. In addition to many other tech products, LG innovates and sells portable, window and wall air conditioners along with accessories to improve your air conditioner’s accessibility and performance.

• Live chat: Get your questions answered fast from your laptop, tablet or mobile device using the live chat feature. Send an email if you can’t wait around for a chat reply and you’ll receive a prompt response.
    • Promotions: LG frequently offers deals on their appliances, so be sure to check their website before buying your new air conditioner to see if your purchase will qualify for a discount, rebate or other promotion.
    • 24-hour timer: Many of LG’s wall air conditioners feature a 24-hour timer so you can pre-determine how warm or cool you want your home. Cool it off before you leave for work and then again just before you come home so you are always comfortable without spending a fortune on energy costs.
    • Remote control access: Control your wall, window or portable air conditioner from across the room with convenient remote control access.
    • Dehumidification: Opt for a portable air conditioner with dehumidification technology to reduce indoor humidity levels while cooling off your indoor space, creating a more comfortable environment.
    • Best for: homeowners and apartment dwellers who are looking for portable, window or wall air conditioning units.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs