LG Air Conditioners

LG Air Conditioner

3.7/5 (59 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About LG Air Conditioner

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

LG Air Conditioners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Air Conditioners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy anything from LG unless you want to end up in tears. I have purchased an expensive heat pump, 'top of the line', that didn't work properly from the get-go. In the first 6 months, 6 repairs and none resolved the situation. The installer is trying to resolve it and so am I by calling LG and BBB - the calls are not proceeded, and the issue not resolved. The head of their technical service, Hassan **, denies replacement as it 'works now'. Reality is that it works for a few hours and then the compressor becomes so loud that the neighbours are complaining.

LG makes everyone look bad, the customer service calls me 'ma'am' so this adds to the insult. While I spoke to someone in ‘executive office Ismalea, a man, this person was so abusive and all the time talking over me. ‘Waiting for a resolution’ now for 5 months. And kept interrupting me and talking about me. Add misogyny to my list of complaints. I now have to go to the courts to address it.

Case number **
2000 BTU LG Dual Cool- Gloss white
LG 12000 BTU Dual Cool- Gloss White Minisplit System.
Model# LSU120HSV5
and
Dual Zone LG Package-24000BTU $5,795.65
LG 24000BTU Multi-Zone Minisplit System
-2 12000BTU indoor Heads(Gloss White Model)

Model# LMU240HHV

Original review: June 6, 2022

I purchased 1.5 ton AC split from LG. After few years I got problem in indoor unit and spares was not replaced after one month. Not even date for the spares. Worst service. Their customer care only reply is, "Sorry for inconvenience caused and our service people will contact you," but no one will call you back.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2022

Running 12 hours also no cooling water drops from indoor unit waste product. Lot of noise from out unit no cooling after running. I raised complaint but no use. Technician said outside very AC does not works in hot. Means AC need more cooling from another AC. Waste company, waste products. I am challanging in consumer court.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I am an unfortunate buyer of LG Aircon Systems for my entire house. A total of 7 large ceiling-mounted cassette units. In less than the warranty period, not only were the cooling efficiency poor, the breakdown rates were incredible. I recently changed out half of them to Daikin and am still facing breakdowns for the remaining units. Don't be conned by their lower price and better technology messages. My advice is to pay slightly more for better brands like Daikin, enjoy the coolness and most of all, save yourself the pain and frustration of dealing with the poor performing and constantly malfunctioning LG air-conditioning systems from remote controls to PCB boards etc etc...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I have waited over three months for my order to be filled by LG, I placed my order through an reputable online Dealer. The Dealer was very responsive at first, after the order was filled by LG and I paid in FULL they stopped returning my emails. The order was for a Multi F MAX LGRED System w/ four indoor units. The order was drop shipped by LG but I have not received ANY information from LG, all I have is a product shipped confirmation from the Dealer. So this sale is now in the hands of LG and I have no idea where my product is? Where it shipped from? Or how long I will wait for it? The Holidays approach and that may interfere with accepting any freight without prior arrangement for obvious reasons. I have no idea how to contact LG, or how I would reference my order even if I could contact them.

Customer Care with this Company is ridiculously poor, I spent a bunch of money and I am in the Dark on my end. I can't review the product until I get my hands on it. But I can review the Manufacturer and their complete lack of customer Care and communication. I could have purchased something else, I should have, it would be installed by now and I wouldn't be wasting my time writing this out of sheer frustration with LG.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

We purchased an LG window unit on 07/15/2020, on 07/23/2021 the LG window unit stopped cooling. A week just after the year purchase, Wow! LG had one of their own technicians (Mauricicio **) come out which he was not able to diagnose the unit. So he said he would call LG to determine what the next step was. He did say that they would possibly refund us or give us a new unit if too expensive to fix. We corresponded with him for about a month in which he continued to tell us that it was still in the process of getting repaired.

After a month and two weeks I called LG to see what the deal was because the technician was no longer responding to us. So when I called LG, I found out that the technician (Mauricio **) sent in his report the same day he first came out to look at our unit and stated to LG that our unit was fine and that it was working well, so the work order was cancelled!!! What!!! Are you kidding me, this whole month and a half he was lying to us? Terrible technician!

After being on the phone with customer service trying to plead my case to them that the technician was wrong and that my work order should not have been closed he finally said I could schedule him to come out again or wait 5-7 days for another tech to call and schedule an appointment. As much as I didn't want the same tech, I went with him anyways cause I couldn't wait another week for a new tech to come out. So they scheduled a second appointment for 09/16/2021. And what do you know, at 10:03am on 09/16/2021, I received an email stating that the technician (Mauricio **) CANCELLED my appointment!!

So immediately we called LG to see what happened, why Mauricio ** had cancelled the appointment and customer service stated that because he had already came out and diagnosed it and he wasn't going to come out again and for us to get another technician. Truth is he just didn't want to face us cause he knew he was lying and in the wrong!

So we had to schedule for a third party tech to come and give a second opinion. The new tech found the issue, a manufacturer defect and reported it in to LG to see what they would like to do. He called us back stating that LG denied it for repair, replacement and or refund, but that if we wanted to call and plead our case to give them a call, so we did and they stated that they are going to go ahead and repair the unit. So we wait and see if LG will stick to their word. If I can say anything, it is this, LG is a terrible company with one terrible technician that I have experienced first hand. They need to fire him. Don't buy LG products or proceed with caution.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I was facing cooling issue with my LG Split AC & I have called LG service customer care. Service person came after 10 days and done some cleaning work, but issue was not fixed. Then Second time I raised the complaint and they provided service person in charge person contact detail(Mr. ** - **, Mr ** - **). Even after 100 times calling no response and very badly handling. I am really frustrating with the process they handled and still my issue was not fixed. My request no - **. Still I don’t know, how to fix my issue. Better to search outside technicians. If anyone buy LG AC - please be keep in mind about the service support.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

This company will not provide any technical support to non-contractors. Their installation manuals are fuzzy and non specific and they offer little to no troubleshooting information online. I bought a system and when it was installed originally 3 of the 4 cassettes did not work. Due to my remote location there are no HVAC technicians anywhere nearby. Ordered three more cassettes, installed, and two of three worked great. Still have one not working. Do not buy one of these.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Nancy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We installed 4 x LG Artcool Air-conditioners of various sizes from 9000 to 24000 BTU. The compressors have a 5 year warranty. After 1.5 years the covers were showing signs of rust, and after 3 years, all the covers of the compressors were rusted beyond acceptable norms, to the extent of defacing the look of the property. Air conditioner compressors of other suppliers that have been installed in the immediate vicinity do not have this problem.

I reported this issue in detail to the installer with pictures, who forwarded it to LG. LG's representative "Carol" wrote back a one liner "Unfortunately the covers are not under Warranty". The solution offered was to replace the covers at R5500 per cover. As it seems that LG is happy with this standard of product for an outdoor unit that is not treated with an appropriate paint or cover that can last longer for 3 years, I highly suggest you look at alternative vendors such as Samsung, Nashua, Alliance and Luxaire, that do not seem to have this problem of excessive rusting over a short period of time.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Roman. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

LG plays games that amount to a scam. Executive Services department representatives claim to have no authority to implement solutions that they suggest. Executive Services say they will replace a faulty unit through the Rebate Department, then the Rebate Department denies the payment. The Executive Services Department claims they cannot speak directly with the Rebate Department, nor with the other Executive Services "Supervisors" who have worked on the case. The whole process is an endless loop with one department offering a solution and another department denying the solution, and with them claiming they cannot talk with one another.

This portable air conditioner never worked. Recall service was performed on it and the technician wrote "working according to specs" on the service invoice. The unit still never worked to cool air despite the fan running. All related invoices and documents were submitted to LG Executive Services representatives. Executive Services representative acknowledged that because of the recall service being performed without successful repair, the warranty period should be extended. Executive service said I should buy a replacement unit and submit a rebate claim. When I did as I was instructed, the claim was denied by the Rebate Department. Executive Services resubmitted the claim and it was denied again.

The result is that I have wasted a lot of time with LG's scammy Executive Services department, and I have to pay return shipping costs for the replacement unit that LG refused to pay for. LG's response is that, "We understand and agree with your complaint but "unfortunately" we cannot speak directly between our departments to resolve the issue." LG customer service is a scam. Do not buy their products, they do not stand behind them and will waste your time and money if allowed.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Eric. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

LG Refrigerators author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LG is a multi-national corporation headquartered in South Korea, specializing in bringing the latest technological advancements into consumer’s homes. In addition to many other tech products, LG innovates and sells portable, window and wall air conditioners along with accessories to improve your air conditioner’s accessibility and performance.

• Live chat: Get your questions answered fast from your laptop, tablet or mobile device using the live chat feature. Send an email if you can’t wait around for a chat reply and you’ll receive a prompt response.

• Promotions: LG frequently offers deals on their appliances, so be sure to check their website before buying your new air conditioner to see if your purchase will qualify for a discount, rebate or other promotion.

• 24-hour timer: Many of LG’s wall air conditioners feature a 24-hour timer so you can pre-determine how warm or cool you want your home. Cool it off before you leave for work and then again just before you come home so you are always comfortable without spending a fortune on energy costs.

• Remote control access: Control your wall, window or portable air conditioner from across the room with convenient remote control access.

• Dehumidification: Opt for a portable air conditioner with dehumidification technology to reduce indoor humidity levels while cooling off your indoor space, creating a more comfortable environment.

LG Air Conditioners Company Information