Find an Air Conditioners partner

LG Air Conditioner

4.0/5 (144 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About LG Air Conditioner

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

LG Air Conditioners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Air Conditioners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: July 23, 2019

In 2010 I had installed a LG duct-free mini split with one larger unit and 2 smaller ones at a cost of $8,000. I went through Home Depot to find the product and installer. Since that time the unit has failed 3 times, costing over $800. Each time the company said the failed part was out of warranty. Recently I spoke to an independent installer who said he had had the most trouble with LG air conditioners. The company was difficult to contact and not available after business hours. He recommended Fujitsu or Mitsubishi as far more reliable products. I am now in the process of replacing the LG with a Fujitsu system.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I am writing this review after use of LG air conditioner from last 4 years. I bought an inverter AC four year ago. It was installed in room just after 2 days of purchasing. I found it very efficient in terms of cooling as well as energy efficiency. This is the Best Inverter AC.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Customer service reps & executive team rep keep giving me the run around re-approving my proof of purchase so that they can delay replacing my A/C when the compressor is not working properly. The company is not honoring their warranty for this new A/C. Customer service rep actually lied about submitting additional info to the returns authorization dept. and executive team rep stated that she is now starting from scratch. Now I am told I have to wait again for their decision which will take additional time due to the holiday last week which they are catching up from. At this rate maybe they will make some kind of decision once the summer is over. It looks like I will have to buy another A/C which will definitely not be an LG.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I bought an LG thru the wall AC last June. It worked great last summer and early fall. Living in the northeast obviously it wasn’t used all winter. I turned it on about a month ago and it’s not working. I have spoken to every person in India explaining it’s still under warranty. I have sent too many pictures to their website as you have to, to send a message. I have a piece of junk AC that’s worthless. If I can find a US address my next step is small claims court. Either fix it or replace it. AC’s this day in age should last close to ten years, not 6 months.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought this portable air conditioner/heater for a 16 x 16 room. First year it worked. Second year all it will do is blow air, no heat or cooling. NOW try to find anyone that repairs these units! Good luck!!! I have been on the phone with LG over 1.5 hours and nothing. They will tell you to drive all over the state, and a lot of these service places don't work on these units. NEVER would I have bought this knowing what I know now!!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

LG 12,000 BTU window unit model # LW1216ER. Purchased over 3 years ago. Suddenly the compressor is continuing to run after completely powered down. Never cycles. Resorted to utilizing the "tester button" on cord plug in order to kill the compressor. Thought it was an isolated incident but upon contacting LG via chat the assistant failed to understand the situation, suggesting that the unit was located too close to a heat source and instructed me to try the econ mode which in no way corrects the problem.

After reading through the user reviews on the LG website I found that this is a widespread issue and LG refuses to acknowledge claiming they simply don't understand the problem. This is a confirmed fire hazard and feel that a recall needs to be made in order to replace the relay at fault due to it becoming "stuck". The units are not cheap and I’m not asking for a total replacement, just a repair. Planning on contacting the users experiencing this issue and collect signatures with customer’s complaints and hoping to file suit.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We purchased a 2 unit LG duct-free split system on April 15, 2016. The recommended filter cleaning is once a month. Each unit only operates about 8 hours a day. When the filters are removed, there is very little particulate matter on the screen. We even added the recommended 3M filters inside the interior of each unit. However, we have had to have the plastic blower wheels removed and cleaned because of extreme dirt and grime attached to the wheel.

This servicing has been done twice now for the interior units at considerable expense because we were told this problem is a result of our failure to keep the filters clean. Even our installer admits that we have a clean house. Along with the filthy blower wheels, we've also had the bedroom unit leak water inside the house on our bed several times. I am thoroughly disgusted with this LG product and wish we had never gotten involved with this brand. It kind of goes along with a LG television that was less than 2 years old that just went to a black screen one night with no warranty left for this problem. Believe me, we will not be buying anything produced by LG again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I bought a very high end portable LG air conditioner and it has leaked inside the unit since the first day I bought it. I called and they sent a service technician who told me I needed to just put a hose on it so the water could drain out. I DID THAT. Guess what? It leaks from inside the unit even with hose on. Every night I have to turn machine on its back to get the water that sitting inside the unit or it just will start spilling all over my floor. I can't get inside as it sealed but you can see where it drips from a cylinder.

When I called back they said it was out of warranty and there was nothing they could do... They told me to contact SoCal tech and when I did they said they don’t work on those anymore for LG. Probably because they are so poorly made. I paid over 400 bucks and the thing has never worked and they won't help me. And they can't even provide a paid service technician... So I either mop up water every day or buy a new one. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I purchased my air conditioner for my Grandson bedroom, and around 2017 I received a notice from LG about a recall on my unit. Model Lp0814nr. I contacted LG and the services came. Took last than two minutes and was done. I run the unit for very little time after in 2017. In 2018 I set up the unit and with just a few day I got an error code (E2) display on the panel, did all that is require but nothing will allowed unit to start again.

I call LG very nice at first, was told that I will be getting a technician on the 8-11-2018, was call right back was told my unit is no longer in a recall, that was fix in 2017 and that the services call have been cancel, I was told after a lengthy conversation that a new unit will be sent to me that I must sent my unit to them, that was a lie (No record of any of the conversation). 8-11-2018 I received a call from the technician. He is on his way, I call him back explained what was told to me on the telephone about a new unit been sent in the near future, so he never came. Shortly after LG call me ask why? I explained because what I was told by another Customer services person but no notes.

Another appointment was set, for 8-14-2018, I wrote to the company via email, was told that that appointment was cancel because my recall was fix, however I never had a problem with my air conditional only after that so call recall was fix. I was direct again to call the recall center with no luck so here I am today, complaining about an item that it supposed to work but is not. I sent another email today. But to be honest all that I wanted was to have my unit fix. Nothing also, LG is a very big company and there were 3 air conditioner in a recall list. I wonder how many customer are having this same issue. I thought that someone must be aware of this since this company have a call center but the customer services never have notes about the callers. That is my experience.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Portable air conditioner - The manual states that there is internal evaporation and no draining is required. This is false. No drain hose is provided although there is a drainage port. Water drains down the inside onto the floor. I called for help in ordering a drain hose. Customer service is worse even than the product. I was told to go on Amazon and choose a hose for myself. Never will I buy another LG product.

LG Air Conditioners Company Information