Find an Air Conditioners partner

LG Air Conditioner

4.1/5 (275 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About LG Air Conditioner

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

LG Air Conditioners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Air Conditioners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: May 18, 2020

Bought a 3 split airconditioner system Dec'16. Really cold and nice for a few months. Less than a year later, my unit started to rattle really loudly. 4-5 motor changes later, I forced them them to change the whole unit. To their credit, they did that. Then it started rattling again. Changed the motor again. Finally stopped rattling. But then it was no longer as cold as before, and even on low speed it's quite loud compared to others.

3.5 years later. Compressor motor started a loud whine that can be heard through the wall. Extended warranty only included parts. Fair enough. So here's the bill for a unit that still under warranty:

$100 - for the initial appointment to check.
$550 - For the 'labour' to repair/replace the 'free under warranty' component.

$80 - to top up gas.

$730.

Wait, there's GST on top of that. So, to repair a compressor under covered under warranty, it's almost $800, or about 32% of the cost price to do so. Cheaply made. Poor quality rubbish. Only good for the start, so I guess you can get that if you're running a temporary construction site for 1-2 years to use and throw away.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Aaron. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: May 13, 2020

I have bought 1.5 ton LG air conditioner one year ago.. But didn't get any service yet.. Customer service didn't reply properly. I have never experience this type of service.. I will never buy any product from hell G..

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Mukesh. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 23, 2020

I bought a window LG Dual Inverter 15 months ago. I read many reviews and they were very negative but the "low noise thing" was hard to beat. Yes it is "low noise" at low speed but still worked good for my needs. Now it is freezing in the front coils. I have used the unit less than 6 months as I don't live permanent where it was installed. LG service is non-existent and now the warranty is expired. Also the front grill looks CHEAP in appearance and one or two clips broke during installation. I will never ever buy anything from that brand and much less any appliances from Home Depot.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Romano. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 14, 2020

In May of 2012 I installed an LG mini-split ductless HVAC system at a cost exceeding $7,000. The system was flawed from the very beginning with water leaks. After 18 months the internal wall units began to whine and had to be replaced, that cost another $2,500. In February of 2020 I reported a no heat situation, which was diagnosed as a refrigerant leak. This is where it gets really bad: I was told by LG Customer Support to contact the original installer, who informed me they no longer support LG products. I contact LG Customer support making them aware of the situation, they gave me the names of three service companies within 25 miles that service LG products.

One number was out of service, one guy said he's on medical leave and cannot help. Only one of the three Companies took the call, but they informed me they do not travel outside their service territory. Again, no luck finding someone to service my LG system. I have extended my search by emailing the LG warranty support organization and have asked for someone from LG to help resolve the matter, that was 3 days ago - no response! At this point I'm facing a replacement of the LG system after spending almost $10,000 on a system that's flawed and non-existent customer support. I've learned my lesson - no more LG drama and pain for me; I'm moving on from this very expensive and frustrating lesson. I hope you've learned something from my painful story. No more LG for me, I don't need the stress, excessive cost and drama that come along with LG.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Richard. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Worst LG made my life worst. I am a customer with all the details LG KS-Q18GWZD 1EA 45990.00 EAN#:8806098337750 8415. I have called the customer support. After 3 week found my ac has stopped cooling. The technician said there will be senior which will be assigned and they close the case I got frustrated and call ever possible manager and region manager here in Delhi but they never care Mr. Satya **. He is a regional manager as I was told and he always says that he is in meeting. So can you expect somebody like this to behave with you when you buy their product for 47000 almost and you expect them not to give you replacement after 3 weeks after giving my precious time to them waiting for technicians and the thing is I have purchased the expensive one just to make sure that I should not face any problem. This is what they have done to me. The season is gone and they gave no ** about the customer.

NEVERRRR EVERRR MAKE MISTAKE BUYING LG PRODUCT. I am possibly posting this every social media and everywhere with the proof that they never changed my ac. And never bothered. I have useless product hanging here. LG IS WOSTTT...!!!! NO TO Lg never.... Humbly request is to take the screenshot and viral this as much as you can. I am ready for every video proof and paperwork.

LG Air Conditioners response

Hello Augustine. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My advice is to not purchase a LG product. The unit did not work. Contacted the LG Customer Service for advice. Was connected to a lady in the Philippines who spoke "OK" English, she had no technical knowledge of A/C units. She referred to a written "protocol", the advice, leave the unit on for 24 to 48 hours. When I asked her why? She simply could not answer. Really a pitiful attempt to help the customer. Good manufacturers offer advice, LG just wants the sale, they operate under "Buyer Beware" and my advice is to be "beware" when purchasing from LG, if it works great, if it does not, do not expect any help from LG.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I spend more time working this remote control than I do my TV remote. It's impossible to correctly adjust the temp to a comfortable setting. Half the time it doesn't even kick on. I've had to turn off power at the breaker multiple times to reset the system. User manual is useless.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

They have no customer support; their manual is a gibberish translation; all they do is tell you that you have to pay for a service call to get a question answered about the operation of your system. If I had known that their "technical support" was non-existent, we would not have bought their products.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We had an LG Ductless AC/Heat pump installed one year ago and now it will not blow warm air. We have tried to contact the company for 5 straight days. There is NO WAY to get through to the company to exercise the warranty. It is not worth anything since no one at the company will answer phone/email/chat inquiries. Do not make the mistake of buying LG products.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I bought an LG Window Unit LW2416HR about 14 months ago. It is a large unit, 23,000 BTU with heat. It lasted 11 months before shutting down constantly with Code 134. That code means excessive heat and pressure according to a local AC technician. I contacted Home Depot about the problem both locally and their Corporate Headquarters. They said after three months I must contact LG directly. After contacting LG and submitting all the required documentation, I was given a case number and told to wait 3-5 days.

After 7-10 days they finally called and said no technician is available in our area. Since the one year warranty had expired with all the delays and waiting, we were told nothing more could be done. We have bought three large LG window unit air conditioners. One lasted four years, one lasted 2 years, and the last one lasted a little over eleven months. The one that lasted four years also displayed code 134. The second one lasted two years before the fan motor started making a growling sound. The newest one started shutting down and displaying code 134. We followed all operating manual instructions about cleaning filters, shading the unit, etc. Nothing worked. Getting a technician to work on one of these units in a small town or the country is difficult or impossible. LG has a quality control problem with their largest window AC units. Home Depot should stop selling the largest LG window units.

LG Air Conditioners Company Information