3.2/5 (40 ratings)

About Kubota

Kubota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

We had an 8hr old machine with various issues. The mower has overheated and stalled out. I have slashed my 65 acre property with my slasher and used this mower to neaten fence lines and around the house area. I have been told the overheat was due to a blocked filter. I had been initially told there was damage to the radiator due to an overheat and it needed to be replaced, however it managed to be pressure tested and no leak was found.

I believe the radiator has a pinhole leak, made apparent by the collection of dust and debris seen in the photo below. They claim that this 2-3 inch wide, suspect area of muddy dust and dirt came from the "once off" overheat event and was a result of the overflow reservoir overflowing. The overflow reservoir is located on the opposite side of the machine.... and upon my first inspection the reservoir had nothing, and I mean nothing in it, not even green coolant residue. The inside of the mower hood also had no splutter marks near the radiator overflow side, which of course losing 2.5 litres of water would produce.

I did however notice the fan and the shroud surround had muddy marks on them also, an obvious and clear indication there was some liquid being expelled onto the fan blades. My suspicion was that the repairer that came to inspect the unit also noticed this obvious flaw and had added something to the coolant to plug the leak. I was told that was not the case, and was a result of the overheat and the apparent dislodging of plastic particles inside the radiator. The stuff that came out was sludgy gunk not plastic, but I still haven't got an acceptable response on what this is. I still have the contents of the reservoir in a bottle. I'll send it off for an assay. I hope I'm wrong about this, I really do, my faith in Kubota has been seriously impacted by this.

As discussed it is clear to me that no admission of liability will be made on the radiator's failure, and they are claiming the overheat to be a result of poor maintenance. Ok lets run with that shall we. The mower has done 8 hours of work, I would estimate 4 of which were actual mowing hours. Before each mow we had removed the filter and cleaned out a bit of grass, nothing seemed too out of place there at all. I have used the slasher to mow all of the paddocks on my property, that little kubota did a few laps around the fence lines after I had slashed it down.

The photo sent through from the mechanic showing the grass blockage on the radiator clearly shows that the radiator mesh that is designed to keep grass out of the radiator is not doing its intended job. Grass is making its way in behind that grill and becoming jammed in there. I will note also that the radiator veins are visible through most of the grass and although it has managed to make its way inside there, there were very few dense patches of grass affecting the entire radiator. I will also note that the brand new hydraulics are already leaking and we have had issues with other minor things with this mower already. Very disappointed with this. Very shady dealings with all parties involved. I have attached a few more photos which I will be forwarding on to other relevant parties.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Diesel powered, quality construction, heavy duty made for years and years of service. Parts and service readily available, expensive to buy But long life, easy maintenance, very safe and economical to operate.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

2020 MX5400 with 28 hours. Computer failed. In shop for over 2 weeks and Kubota cannot send a replacement to the dealer because tractor is a new model and all computers are being installed in new builds. No spares available. Way to go kubota. I have been patient and understanding. It is obvious you do not understand customer care/support. $38,600 for a new tractor sitting in shop waiting on no show kubota. Oh kubota where are you when the new tractor/customer needs you?

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, the way you treat your tractors/customers. The dealer is trying hard. They are great. But you, you are totally ungrateful!

Jimmie **

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I've had my Kubota for 5 years and it has never had any mechanical issues. I mow 1.5 acres of regular lawn and 4.5 acres of field grass/weeds on rough uneven ground. The bagging system works great even with wet grass, and the mulching system performs well even on the field mowing. The engine still holds original compression test pressure and there are no oil leaks. Handling stacks up to any other in price range! It's a tough and dependable mower.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Kubota makes great machines for perfect fields. It is not the greatest over harsher lawns due to their deck hangers which are solid mounts that use fine thread bolts to give you your height. I do wish they would make a secondary chain deck hanging system since not everyone is mowing a golf course.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have been very happy with my Kubota tractor functionally and generally happy with the durability of it. However I recently had the hydraulic hoses to my loader fail (they had been rubbing together and worn through). The tractor is older and these things are bound to happen. My complaint is that I have had one of the hoses on back order from Kubota for 5 weeks now. Originally they said it would be 2 weeks, then it was 3-4 weeks, and now when the dealer called them again today they said it would be another couple weeks (subject to change). This is for a hydraulic hose. I am not sure if they are waiting for the slow boat from overseas to bring it over or what. When I replace my tractor I will go with an American made one so I can get parts when I need them.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I purchased a lightly used (24 hrs.) Kubota ZG127S zero turn mower. Everything was peachy and doing well for the next 60+ hours. Now I've reached 165 hours on the ZG127S and after numerous repairs I will never own another Kubota product again. (and I just sold my L35 tractor yesterday). From inferior engineering to Chinese assembly techniques, where all the praise for Kubota products originates is a mystery to me. Fortunate for me the Kohler engine and the hydros have been trouble free. Thank God they're not Kubota products. From the headlamps TAPED to the frame to the blade clutch assembly held in place with a thin strap of metal (chinese assembly technique), this Kubota's a joke that's not too funny. "Back in the day" Kubota could be proud of their product but not in today's world.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased a 2018 8028T. I bought this model with the one point hitch. I pull the machine behind a pickup to move from field. The hitch has broke three times now. First time Kubota fix it under warranty. The second time the dealer gave me parts to fix myself. Kubota would not do anything to help. It is broken again and is making the machine useless. I am trying to redesign the hitch to work both ways. 2 point and one point. I feel that Kubota should step up and help with this problem. I have complained to my dealer and written to Kubota with no response. Very unpleased. Ken **.

Original review: May 12, 2020

I ordered the crazy priced hard door kit for my RTV. What I got was a door kit put together from likely return defective parts. RH door strut bracket was bent wrong not allowing the hinge plate to be installed until considerable work was done. RH door decal was placed wrong 3/4” too far forward protruding from the inset area it fit in. It also had severe staining spots on the vinyl.

LH door decal was 1/2 way off the door hanging there, which required removal and reinstallation. This is unlikely to hold on for long. And you have to buy new outside door shells to get the decals they are not sold separately! The window scratched from the assembler leaving his 7/16 deep well and drill adapter in the window and shipped with it rubbing the plexiglass all the way from California to Montana. And then for 2200.00 they forgot to put the keys to the doors in! Really? What a joke. Don’t get fooled by thinking oh well their parts are crazy high priced but likely worth it. They are not.

Original review: April 24, 2020

So I bought this in July of 2019 I believe. I am considering trading it for these reasons:

1. Backhoe attachment putting it on, you better be careful. It has no emergency shut off if it slips in any way. The handles it the tractor jam controls forward and you're in trouble. Think fast if it happens. It also will break the lines if it happens.
2. High brush has ripped the tie rod boots apart. This happened in a month.
3. Very Very very unstable tractor when bucket is full. Feels like it wants to roll over on the right side only. I’ve checked everything. It’s just not stable At all. Go very slow.
4. Driveshaft boots also ripped apart in month.
5. Bucket power only 400lbs. I think deer is at 600.

6. Backhoe power low.

It sucks I have to leave this review because the dealer I bought from is very nice. The Kubota BX23S just is not very impressive at all.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I bought a z421 zero turn at the end of summer and after 8.5 hours the cooling fan for the hydraulic pump broke and it messed the belt up and popped off the tension spring. The dealer came and got it and said it was brush that caused it. Other words it was my fault. So I paid to get it fixed and got it back and within the first 30 minutes the belt came off and the tension spring popped off. So they came and got it again and that was two months ago. I’m still having to pay payments for it. They said they were going to put a updated pulley system on it. They still have it. Very unhappy with the Kubota Z421. Would not buy another product from them.

Resolution response: Dec. 14, 2019

Current issue with SVL95 was repaired.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I want to start off by saying that I have owned MANY Kubota products over the last 25 years but I have purchased my LAST Kubota. I've owned 2 compact tractors, a svl90 skid steer (compact track loader), currently own a rtv1100, U35 mini ex and a SVL 95 skid steer. Everything besides the skid steers have been almost completely trouble free. My first Kubota CTL was a new 2015 SVL90/2 machine. $60000 machine, the motor went with ONLY 513 hours. Fuel emissions where tier 4 interim, excessive heat during regen took all 4 cylinders compression rings out. My machine was down 8 weeks and Kubota's "customer (dissatisfaction) department in Grapevine Texas informed me that it would probably be down another month!

These machines are my bread and butter and when they're down, I'm down. Kubota would not offer me a loaner machine nor would they flip the bill for a rental! I lost so much revenue I was forced to trade it in on a new Kubota SVL95 machine. $22000 lost on the first machine that was a year and a Half old! $20000 in lost revenue, Kubota 0 help. Fast forward to the latest machine. Several emission related issues already. Machine is 23 months old, 640 hours and now it's using a excessive amount of antifreeze! Called Kubota customer satisfaction this week and got nowhere once again! I am beyond pissed and should have never swayed from Caterpillar products! If anyone out there has a contact number for a department above just satisfaction PLEASE send it my way. If this latest machines motor is bad there will be a lawsuit!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I always heard Kubota tractors were the best tractors on the market, so I bought one. I'm 61 yrs old & take very good care of all my vehicle. I'm a disabled vet & live on 40 acres, which I brush hog 2 or 3 times a year. My tractor has been factory serviced & kept up to date on services. My tractor has 150 hours on it & was fresh out of the Kubota dealers shop when it got where it wouldn't pull itself. For the life of me I can't believe a clutch going out on a tractor bought new from dealer, dealer serviced, and taken very good care of. It's a 2015 I bought in 2016. It's 4 months past the 3 year warranty & Kubota said it was too bad it went out but I'm going to have to pay for fixing it out of my pocket.

I spent $30,000 for my tractor, front end loader, 6' hog & 6' box blade. That figures out $200 an hour, plus fuel, maintenance cost, my time, etc. That's pretty expensive brush hogging for a 40 acre farm & now I'm gonna have to sink another $1000-$1500 in it. I'm a disabled army vet & it's been hard paying the $600 month payments on a disability check. It's been in the shop also to have the codes reset twice. I just dont see how a factory serviced, well taken care of tractor can have a clutch go out that quick.

I thought Kubota might have pity on me due to the situation & their reputation, but from what I can see it's all about putting money in their pocket & the hell with pride & reputation. I've decided I'll never let a Kubota dealership work on it again & I'm going with heavy duty aftermarket parts when I get it fixed. If name brand Kubota parts dont hold up any better than they did, I'm not putting more of the same back in it. Also, after I get it fixed, I'm selling it. I can't afford to own something that breaks so easily. How can companies treat people like they do? I wish I hadn't paid extra on my monthly payment to pay it off early & hadn't been paying on it for over 3 years. I'd let them repo it. I owe less than $5000 so that's not an option. I thought I made a lifetime of use investment & boy I was wrong there.

It just hurts to get bent over like this & throw away that much money. I'm gonna sell it when fixed & get a 1960s-1980s model tractor. Something made when companies had pride in their products. That's why they're still out there & still running after all these years. Made with pride in the USA actually meant something back then. Now once companies get your money, they dont care & just want more of your money.

Resolution response: Nov. 3, 2021

Update 11-4-2021. Still waiting on a response from Kubota. If you bought a Kubota, hopefully you got a good one. If you purchased a lemon I hope you had better luck than I did. Kubota corporate is not helpful. I ended up giving away my tractor to a John Deere dealer just to get away from it. I tried trading it in at my dealer and they did not even want it. I needed to have a machine to mow my lawn and blow my snow. When the amount of times jump-starting/charging the unit exceeded the hours, it was time to move on. Kubota corporate is NO help. My dealer tried 6 times to get it right then told me the last time that they would not be able to help anymore. What? Yes, I was on my own. I had a new, very unreliable tractor that wouldn't start properly and it was my problem.

Again, I hope your dealer and Kubota respond to you if you have a problem. I owned 12 previous Kubota tractors. This was my third and last new tractor purchased from Kubota. Just remember, once they have your money, nobody at Kubota cares. At least that's how it was for me. Good luck to all. And happy times on your tractor. I gave this a one star rating because they don't have a zero star rating option.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Bought a brand new Kubota BX25DTLB Tractor Loader Backhoe to mow my lawn and blow some snow as well as maintenance around my 1.5 acre property. It has less than 40 hours on it. Typically lasts 5-6 hours then goes back to dealer for repair. Countless battery charges and jumpstarts just to get it going. Pretty bad when your kid asks, "Dad what's wrong with your tractor?" Answer "I think I bought the wrong brand". I've owned multiple used Kubota tractors over the years.

My tractor has been slow to start and plagued with electrical problems from the start. Battery kept getting drained down. They replaced key switch, light switch, dashboard, alternator, even the battery. Lots of excuses and parts changing and no resolution. Tractor does not start like it should and after 5 times into the dealer for the same problem, I was told the tractor has no problems and it's all within Kubota specifications. Well I wrote Kubota about this problem in July of 2019 and it is now November 2019 and they have yet to respond.

Buyer Beware! They will string you along and tell you it's your problem. Something you are doing wrong and not their equipment. Good luck getting ahold of someone there. I took videos of the tractor not starting on the dealer's lot by the salesman. Funny how they said it was all within Kubota spec. I've had lots of good luck with previous Kubota tractors. This tractor is a $20,000 paperweight. Shame on you Kubota.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I just bought a workshop manual for M5040. Paid 133.00 and it was just copied paper no binder. Very disappointed. I expected more from Kubota. The tractor was good central Equipment. Would not give me an email address to complain to only a number that was useless unless I had the dealer number. A 2.00 binder was all they needed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Bought a BX2370 new tractor couple years ago. On three separate occasions I lost the brakes when going downhill when the transmission went out of the slow gear. The first time I dismissed it as me, no one was hurt. The second time, I figured it was because I had it in two wheel drive, downhill, no one was hurt. The third time was this past Friday and it almost killed me. It was in 4 wheel drive, it was fully engaged since I was moving forward and starting downhill, and then it instantly popped out of gear. I freewheeled for what seemed forever, and hit a couple trees.

The tractor is pretty much totaled, will find out soon enough. I, ended up in ER with what turned out to be deep bruises to the legs and arms and a couple fractured ribs. Everyone says I was VERY lucky to have survived. If you were to see the tractor, you would understand. The dealership says they have not heard of this problem yet I came across a couple of identical issues with the same tractor on blogs on the internet. Well Kubota? Is this a recall issue?

Original review: July 28, 2019

This tractor has done very well up until almost 2 years ago when the left wheel broke off while I was mowing the grass. Now, I have also lost the other wheel. It was the right side this time and it has broken off as well. This has costed me way over $800 to buy the parts to fix it.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I purchased a brand new M5-091 heavy duty tractor for farming back in Nov of 2016. I bought it new so I did not have to worry about repairs for years of service with the warranty I had with the tractor. My purchase seems to be problem after problem. First problem I had was the hydraulic fluid leaking out of the fittings that were loose on the front end loader minutes after I used it for the first time. Second major problem was the 3rd function connector in the valve assembly under the tractor kept blowing out losing gallons of hydraulic fluid again. The valve assembly was missing a seal which caused the oil to create pressure in the connector housing blowing out the connector. I had bought the air ride seat however when the seat was fully raised it stretched the power cable going to the valve causing it to break the power wire so the valve would not work anymore I redressed the cable and put new connectors where the break was.

The biggest and most disappointing issue is the clutch pack went out after only 370 hours of use. This is a hydraulic shuttle tractor so you rarely need to use the clutch it has a hand lever you slide in the direction you want to go. Kubota's warranty would not cover the repair said it was operator error, I should have checked the clutch after 50 hours of use. Apparently the round bales of hay I used it on are to much for this tractor handle. The dealer did replace the hydraulic oil lost on the loose fittings an gave me a free seal for the valve assembly. Also helped out a little bit on the clutch repair along with Kubota- out of the $5700 bill they covered $1,700.00 the rest I am responsible for.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Vibrates & wears out idler pulley & belt prematurely. I took my mower in for service and the dealership serviced my mower and then fixed several things that were on the recall list, safety switch on deck, safety switch on seat and a few other things. They also told me there was a recall on the idler pulley and belt because it was wearing out too soon. They said they would order the parts and call me when they came in. I gave them my info but no one called me back. I checked back with them several times within a year and was told the same thing over and over...parts are on backorder.

I went in to the dealership last week and asked about the the replacement parts for the recall but was told there was no active campaigns or history of a campaign on the idler pulley and belt for my mower now. I’ve never heard of a recall expiring. I am very dissatisfied with the service department and their lack of customer service.

Original review: July 9, 2019

A year and a half ago I bought a Kabota B2650 with Bh77 backhoe and front end loader. So far I have fixed loader linkage (defective part). Hours to take apart and fix. A pin fell out of the backhoe, replaced plate that fits over controls on Bh77 as dealer said that was why dipstick moved so slow (still moves slow). There were leaks in hydraulic lines within first 10 hours of use. All aluminum parts are corroding and I keep it inside and only left property once on a trailer for service in the summer! Try finding a good parts diagram!!! I spend more time looking for parts than fixing.

Today when I went to use after not being able to use much this year due to rain, a poorly put together hydraulic line gets pinched and a pinhole on one of the hardest ones to replace starts leaking!!! It only has 107 hours and I have spent that much time researching to buy, looking for parts diagram to buy parts, buying parts and fixing than time using! RENT BUT DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE LEMONS!!! IT WILL BE CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN!!!

Original review: July 7, 2019

I purchased my zg227 from the prior owner of our property. First let me say I love the mower, or should I say until this spring I loved my mower. Unlike last year, as I mow, grass, dirt, etc. rolls over the front of the carriage and through the brake pedal hole. When I finish mowing, my clothes and I are coated in a thick layer of whatever was on the ground. As I said, this did not happen last year. The only change I have made to the mower is replacing the front tires with same size as was originally on the mower. Any thoughts, ideas, or recommendations as to how to correct this situation.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Updated on 7/5/2019: This is a follow-up to my post of July 4 concerning coolant overheating on my Kubota ZD1211 mower. Surfing the internet I found a comment from somebody about blowing the radiator off with compressed air. Realizing the mower was 3 years old it sounded like a good idea. Before I started mowing this morning I use compressed air to blow the dust off the radiator coils and fins. Mowed as long as I did yesterday in the same composition of grass. The mower stayed as cool as a cucumber the entire time. Looking back it now seems like an elementary and simple solution, but at the time it was not obvious. Once again I have proven you don't know everything and you are never too old to learn.

Original Review: I currently mow 8-10 acres with my Kubota ZD1211 (approx 170 hrs on the meter) at a mower height of 5". Grass was moderately high (approx 8-10"). After 3 1/2 hrs (and maybe 3-4 acres) today the high temp alarm sounded. I immediately disconnected the cutter and reduced motor speed to a fast idle. I drove to the barn (approx 400 ft away) and shut the engine down. The coolant level and radiator screens were ok during pre-start maintaining checks. Before the next mow I will sharpen the blades and air pressure clean the radiator. Any comments on my actions after the alarm sounded?? Also any suggestions on how to prevent overheating? Other than this instance, I have been totally pleased with my ZD1211. It is a grass cutting monster that has served me well.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've owned my Kubota Z121S for 2 years now, my mowing season is 4-5. This mower has been in the shop for 4 out of the 7 months I've owned it for various reasons. 2 days ago I shut the mower off while mowing my yard because my kids ran up to me and now this won't turn back on. It is now a lawn ordainment in the middle of my yard and Kubota wants to let it sit there and send a tech in 8 days just to diagnose the issue, he will then have to order parts as they don't stock any. With past issues i've driven it to the repair shop and dropped it off only to wait over a month to get my mower back from service with nothing found wrong???? I can't get rid of this mower fast enough at this point. BUYER stay away!

Kubota response

Hello Gavin, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought BX2380 in late 2018. At 180 hours the PTO stopped working. After over a month in the shop the dealer said they finally got it working again. I picked up the tractor and returned it the next day due to lack of speed in the transmission and slop in the forward/ reverse pedal. The tractor also jumps forward now when started up without touching anything. The dealer said they want Kubota to authorize a replacement transmission but they are dragging their feet on the repair. I have made 2 payments and countless lost revenue in almost the 2 months that they have had my tractor in for repairs. I would not recommend buying a new Kubota. It took me over a month just to buy it. I almost had to beg them to sell me a tractor. I should have seen the red flag right there!

Kubota response

Hello Kevin, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I purchase my Kubota BX23s on February 18, 2019 and it was delivered on February 21,2019. By March 22,2019 the PTO failed due to a severe hydraulic system leak, the machine was at this time inoperable. The Tractor remained in dealers possession from March 26, 2019 to April 25, 2019. On the same day of delivery, the 3rd valve function was not operating. On Monday April 29 a technician repaired tractor on site. On May 8, 2019 it began leaking hydraulic fluid from front end loader making it inoperable yet again. A technician attempted to repair the leak on site on May 15, 2019, but unfortunately couldn’t until parts were ordered leaving the tractor inoperable. May 24, 2019 the technician returned with parts and repaired it on site. On May 25, 2019 after only minutes of use the hydraulic system failed yet again leaving it inoperable.

The tractor was picked up by the dealer on May 28, 2019 and returned June 21, 2019. On the date of return the tractor drove approximately under 50 feet before a gear fell from the under carriage leaving it inoperable. The tractor since delivery on February 21, 2019 has been either out of service or in the dealership’s possession for the majority of the time. At this point I have attempted to contact the dealers service department manager, via phone and email since noon today and have been ignored. I did however speak to the salesman whom I purchased the tractor from and he advised me that I should contact Kubota Corporate for answers. I recently contacted Kubota corporate and they advised me to go through the dealer. Point Blank KUBOTA does not stand by their products and service.

Kubota response

Hello Luis, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Poor Radiator design lead to engine rebuild in under 100 hours. I own a Kubota BX2350 with an under deck mower. The radiator is located between the engine and drive and is very inadequate for cooling the engine. It clogs after every use and requires the use of compressed air to clean the coils. You also have to refill the coolant reservoir after each use. Eventually the engine overheated enough to warp the heads and I had to pay $4K to rebuild the engine at the Kubota dealership. These issues with overheating began the very first day that I purchased the tractor.

Kubota response

Hello Timothy, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The Z421 is a very attractive model in the store. I love the power and ability of the Z421 Kommander, however, the belt comes off easily. I just put the belt back on yesterday, then it came off again today. It's been in the shop 3-4 times and it has 52 hours. I want to love it but it leaves the lawn incomplete many times. The belt that continues to come off is for the blades. It's not difficult to fix, but it's unacceptable for a new product.

Kubota response

Hello Michael, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: May 13, 2019

My BX25D tractor turned to a pile of rust within three years and the instrument panel lost the seal shorting out the circuit board and electrical plug with rain water. I still haven't even finish paying for it. I kept the Kubota in a shed most of the time. In contrast I also have a forty year Yanmar which has been in the open all the time. I'm submitting some pictures that shows the difference in corrosion between the two. The Yanmar is the green colored. Contacted my dealer and he informed me that his representative stated that it was an environmental issue because I was located in a coastal area. It would have been nice if they had informed me that their product had problems in the coastal area. No help from the dealer.

Kubota response

Hello Reynaldo, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: April 24, 2019

K121s 48" wish I could give a zero. 40 hrs on my zero turn mower. Been in the shop in Baytown Tx for the 5th or 6th time due to the drive belt coming off. WORST ZERO TURN ON THE MARKET. Do not buy this mower unless you enjoy paying for something you cannot use. Look elsewhere.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a brand new 2018 Kubota L4060HSTC last August & with only 106 hours the engine locked up. I had already had one dealer service performed & was on time with maintenance. My tractor was in the middle of a regeneration cycle & suddenly shut down. It would not restart so I had to call the dealer to winch it on a trailer & take back to the shop to find out why. I received a call from the dealer that the engine seized up & 2 cylinders were bad. Kubota told the dealer that it was likely I used gas instead of diesel.

After that test was negative Kubota had the dealer perform a series of tests to find out why the engine failed. Injectors checked out good, heat thermometer checked out at 22 resistance. #2 & #3 cylinders had no compression & the head was warped. Ok, at this point I was just thankful that it was still under warranty so I was just concerned about how long it would take to replace the engine. Then the blame game started from Kubota. They ordered test after test from the dealer trying to place the blame on myself because they stated this hasn't ever happened before so it had to be the customer?? The mechanic told me he thought the engine was air locked from factory & never had antifreeze & that's why the overflow stayed full & the temperature never ran hot. Also, the dealer confirmed that the tractor never ran hot or threw any codes.

After about a month or so waiting Kubota finally sent out one of their own inspectors & said he thought it looked like one of the factory radiator hoses had been repaired even though it was the factory hose on there & there was no leaks whatsoever? Long story short, the inspector denied my warranty claim. The dealer fought for me for a couple weeks, but Kubota simply does not stand behind their products. I guess once you get into big expense repairs they will find a way out. Now I'm stuck with a 6 month tractor with over $40K invested with a bad engine. By far the worst service I have received in my lifetime. I'm forced now to get an attorney because I simply cannot afford to take the loss. Unbelievable.

Kubota Company Information