1.84/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kubota Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

I've owned my Kubota Z121S for 2 years now, my mowing season is 4-5. This mower has been in the shop for 4 out of the 7 months I've owned it for various reasons. 2 days ago I shut the mower off while mowing my yard because my kids ran up to me and now this won't turn back on. It is now a lawn ordainment in the middle of my yard and Kubota wants to let it sit there and send a tech in 8 days just to diagnose the issue, he will then have to order parts as they don't stock any. With past issues i've driven it to the repair shop and dropped it off only to wait over a month to get my mower back from service with nothing found wrong???? I can't get rid of this mower fast enough at this point. BUYER stay away!

Kubota response

Hello Gavin, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought BX2380 in late 2018. At 180 hours the PTO stopped working. After over a month in the shop the dealer said they finally got it working again. I picked up the tractor and returned it the next day due to lack of speed in the transmission and slop in the forward/ reverse pedal. The tractor also jumps forward now when started up without touching anything. The dealer said they want Kubota to authorize a replacement transmission but they are dragging their feet on the repair. I have made 2 payments and countless lost revenue in almost the 2 months that they have had my tractor in for repairs. I would not recommend buying a new Kubota. It took me over a month just to buy it. I almost had to beg them to sell me a tractor. I should have seen the red flag right there!

Kubota response

Hello Kevin, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 22, 2019

I purchase my Kubota BX23s on February 18, 2019 and it was delivered on February 21,2019. By March 22,2019 the PTO failed due to a severe hydraulic system leak, the machine was at this time inoperable. The Tractor remained in dealers possession from March 26, 2019 to April 25, 2019. On the same day of delivery, the 3rd valve function was not operating. On Monday April 29 a technician repaired tractor on site. On May 8, 2019 it began leaking hydraulic fluid from front end loader making it inoperable yet again. A technician attempted to repair the leak on site on May 15, 2019, but unfortunately couldn’t until parts were ordered leaving the tractor inoperable. May 24, 2019 the technician returned with parts and repaired it on site. On May 25, 2019 after only minutes of use the hydraulic system failed yet again leaving it inoperable.

The tractor was picked up by the dealer on May 28, 2019 and returned June 21, 2019. On the date of return the tractor drove approximately under 50 feet before a gear fell from the under carriage leaving it inoperable. The tractor since delivery on February 21, 2019 has been either out of service or in the dealership’s possession for the majority of the time. At this point I have attempted to contact the dealers service department manager, via phone and email since noon today and have been ignored. I did however speak to the salesman whom I purchased the tractor from and he advised me that I should contact Kubota Corporate for answers. I recently contacted Kubota corporate and they advised me to go through the dealer. Point Blank KUBOTA does not stand by their products and service.

Kubota response

Hello Luis, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Poor Radiator design lead to engine rebuild in under 100 hours. I own a Kubota BX2350 with an under deck mower. The radiator is located between the engine and drive and is very inadequate for cooling the engine. It clogs after every use and requires the use of compressed air to clean the coils. You also have to refill the coolant reservoir after each use. Eventually the engine overheated enough to warp the heads and I had to pay $4K to rebuild the engine at the Kubota dealership. These issues with overheating began the very first day that I purchased the tractor.

Kubota response

Hello Timothy, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: May 22, 2019

The Z421 is a very attractive model in the store. I love the power and ability of the Z421 Kommander, however, the belt comes off easily. I just put the belt back on yesterday, then it came off again today. It's been in the shop 3-4 times and it has 52 hours. I want to love it but it leaves the lawn incomplete many times. The belt that continues to come off is for the blades. It's not difficult to fix, but it's unacceptable for a new product.

Kubota response

Hello Michael, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: May 13, 2019

My BX25D tractor turned to a pile of rust within three years and the instrument panel lost the seal shorting out the circuit board and electrical plug with rain water. I still haven't even finish paying for it. I kept the Kubota in a shed most of the time. In contrast I also have a forty year Yanmar which has been in the open all the time. I'm submitting some pictures that shows the difference in corrosion between the two. The Yanmar is the green colored. Contacted my dealer and he informed me that his representative stated that it was an environmental issue because I was located in a coastal area. It would have been nice if they had informed me that their product had problems in the coastal area. No help from the dealer.

Kubota response

Hello Reynaldo, Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you would like to discuss this matter any further, please don't hesitate to give Kubota Customer Satisfaction department a call.

Original review: April 24, 2019

K121s 48" wish I could give a zero. 40 hrs on my zero turn mower. Been in the shop in Baytown Tx for the 5th or 6th time due to the drive belt coming off. WORST ZERO TURN ON THE MARKET. Do not buy this mower unless you enjoy paying for something you cannot use. Look elsewhere.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I bought a brand new 2018 Kubota L4060HSTC last August & with only 106 hours the engine locked up. I had already had one dealer service performed & was on time with maintenance. My tractor was in the middle of a regeneration cycle & suddenly shut down. It would not restart so I had to call the dealer to winch it on a trailer & take back to the shop to find out why. I received a call from the dealer that the engine seized up & 2 cylinders were bad. Kubota told the dealer that it was likely I used gas instead of diesel.

After that test was negative Kubota had the dealer perform a series of tests to find out why the engine failed. Injectors checked out good, heat thermometer checked out at 22 resistance. #2 & #3 cylinders had no compression & the head was warped. Ok, at this point I was just thankful that it was still under warranty so I was just concerned about how long it would take to replace the engine. Then the blame game started from Kubota. They ordered test after test from the dealer trying to place the blame on myself because they stated this hasn't ever happened before so it had to be the customer?? The mechanic told me he thought the engine was air locked from factory & never had antifreeze & that's why the overflow stayed full & the temperature never ran hot. Also, the dealer confirmed that the tractor never ran hot or threw any codes.

After about a month or so waiting Kubota finally sent out one of their own inspectors & said he thought it looked like one of the factory radiator hoses had been repaired even though it was the factory hose on there & there was no leaks whatsoever? Long story short, the inspector denied my warranty claim. The dealer fought for me for a couple weeks, but Kubota simply does not stand behind their products. I guess once you get into big expense repairs they will find a way out. Now I'm stuck with a 6 month tractor with over $40K invested with a bad engine. By far the worst service I have received in my lifetime. I'm forced now to get an attorney because I simply cannot afford to take the loss. Unbelievable.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My 2015 Kubota stays in the shop. I have nothing but problems with temperature valve and DPF filter plugging up. Do not buy Kubota. They do not stand beyond their work. If you buy a Kubota make it is a 2014 and under.

Kubota response

Please contact Kubota Customer Satisfaction Department at 888-4-KUBOTA. They will be more than happy to help document your concerns and reach out to the appropriate parties that can investigate your issue. Thanks

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I came to this site to review Kubota's 'internal air filter', which Kubota strongly recommend, part# K7561-82361, but which Kubota did not include when they delivered my new BX23S to me several weeks ago. I drove for 1 hour to one of my closest Kubota dealers to pick up one of these filter, as a precaution to better protect my new tractor's engine. The parts expert was not aware that such a filter was available, and not until I provided him with the Kubota part number was he able to find two (2) in his inventory. I was a little surprised when he handed me a plain white box, instead of a Kubota orange box, and the only labeling was 'ELEMENT and the part number' which I had provided him with.

The big surprise was when I opened the box to inspect my new $13.00 purchase. The rubber mounting seal which is intended to hold the filter in place was half missing, so I asked the parts man if he had another one, which was not defective, but when he opened the second one, to his surprise and mine, 3/4s of the rubber mounting seal on this only other ELEMENT he had in stock was missing. Because I drove this long distance to purchase the filter to better protect my tractor's engine, I bought it anyway!

THE SECOND REASON I DECIDED TO WRITE THIS REVIEW is because, in my review of about 20 earlier (recent) reviews I noticed that Kubota fails to respond to 80% to 90% percent of the reviews that I reviewed! WHY ENCOURAGE KUBOTA BUYERS TO TYPE REVIEW WHICH ARE THEN IGNORED BUY KUBOTA? I fully expect that very soon, Kubota will contact me directly and they will provide me with a non-defective replacement ELEMENT for my new Kubota BX23S.

Kubota Company Information