2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

3.9/5 (151 ratings)

About Kubota

Kubota Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: April 24, 2020

So I bought this in July of 2019 I believe. I am considering trading it for these reasons:

1. Backhoe attachment putting it on, you better be careful. It has no emergency shut off if it slips in any way. The handles it the tractor jam controls forward and you're in trouble. Think fast if it happens. It also will break the lines if it happens.
2. High brush has ripped the tie rod boots apart. This happened in a month.
3. Very Very very unstable tractor when bucket is full. Feels like it wants to roll over on the right side only. I’ve checked everything. It’s just not stable At all. Go very slow.
4. Driveshaft boots also ripped apart in month.
5. Bucket power only 400lbs. I think deer is at 600.

6. Backhoe power low.

It sucks I have to leave this review because the dealer I bought from is very nice. The Kubota BX23S just is not very impressive at all.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I bought a z421 zero turn at the end of summer and after 8.5 hours the cooling fan for the hydraulic pump broke and it messed the belt up and popped off the tension spring. The dealer came and got it and said it was brush that caused it. Other words it was my fault. So I paid to get it fixed and got it back and within the first 30 minutes the belt came off and the tension spring popped off. So they came and got it again and that was two months ago. I’m still having to pay payments for it. They said they were going to put a updated pulley system on it. They still have it. Very unhappy with the Kubota Z421. Would not buy another product from them.

Resolution response: Dec. 14, 2019

Current issue with SVL95 was repaired.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I want to start off by saying that I have owned MANY Kubota products over the last 25 years but I have purchased my LAST Kubota. I've owned 2 compact tractors, a svl90 skid steer (compact track loader), currently own a rtv1100, U35 mini ex and a SVL 95 skid steer. Everything besides the skid steers have been almost completely trouble free. My first Kubota CTL was a new 2015 SVL90/2 machine. $60000 machine, the motor went with ONLY 513 hours. Fuel emissions where tier 4 interim, excessive heat during regen took all 4 cylinders compression rings out. My machine was down 8 weeks and Kubota's "customer (dissatisfaction) department in Grapevine Texas informed me that it would probably be down another month!

These machines are my bread and butter and when they're down, I'm down. Kubota would not offer me a loaner machine nor would they flip the bill for a rental! I lost so much revenue I was forced to trade it in on a new Kubota SVL95 machine. $22000 lost on the first machine that was a year and a Half old! $20000 in lost revenue, Kubota 0 help. Fast forward to the latest machine. Several emission related issues already. Machine is 23 months old, 640 hours and now it's using a excessive amount of antifreeze! Called Kubota customer satisfaction this week and got nowhere once again! I am beyond pissed and should have never swayed from Caterpillar products! If anyone out there has a contact number for a department above just satisfaction PLEASE send it my way. If this latest machines motor is bad there will be a lawsuit!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I always heard Kubota tractors were the best tractors on the market, so I bought one. I'm 61 yrs old & take very good care of all my vehicle. I'm a disabled vet & live on 40 acres, which I brush hog 2 or 3 times a year. My tractor has been factory serviced & kept up to date on services. My tractor has 150 hours on it & was fresh out of the Kubota dealers shop when it got where it wouldn't pull itself. For the life of me I can't believe a clutch going out on a tractor bought new from dealer, dealer serviced, and taken very good care of. It's a 2015 I bought in 2016. It's 4 months past the 3 year warranty & Kubota said it was too bad it went out but I'm going to have to pay for fixing it out of my pocket.

I spent $30,000 for my tractor, front end loader, 6' hog & 6' box blade. That figures out $200 an hour, plus fuel, maintenance cost, my time, etc. That's pretty expensive brush hogging for a 40 acre farm & now I'm gonna have to sink another $1000-$1500 in it. I'm a disabled army vet & it's been hard paying the $600 month payments on a disability check. It's been in the shop also to have the codes reset twice. I just dont see how a factory serviced, well taken care of tractor can have a clutch go out that quick.

I thought Kubota might have pity on me due to the situation & their reputation, but from what I can see it's all about putting money in their pocket & the hell with pride & reputation. I've decided I'll never let a Kubota dealership work on it again & I'm going with heavy duty aftermarket parts when I get it fixed. If name brand Kubota parts dont hold up any better than they did, I'm not putting more of the same back in it. Also, after I get it fixed, I'm selling it. I can't afford to own something that breaks so easily. How can companies treat people like they do? I wish I hadn't paid extra on my monthly payment to pay it off early & hadn't been paying on it for over 3 years. I'd let them repo it. I owe less than $5000 so that's not an option. I thought I made a lifetime of use investment & boy I was wrong there.

It just hurts to get bent over like this & throw away that much money. I'm gonna sell it when fixed & get a 1960s-1980s model tractor. Something made when companies had pride in their products. That's why they're still out there & still running after all these years. Made with pride in the USA actually meant something back then. Now once companies get your money, they dont care & just want more of your money.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Bought a brand new Kubota BX25DTLB Tractor Loader Backhoe to mow my lawn and blow some snow as well as maintenance around my 1.5 acre property. It has less than 40 hours on it. Typically lasts 5-6 hours then goes back to dealer for repair. Countless battery charges and jumpstarts just to get it going. Pretty bad when your kid asks, "Dad what's wrong with your tractor?" Answer "I think I bought the wrong brand". I've owned multiple used Kubota tractors over the years.

My tractor has been slow to start and plagued with electrical problems from the start. Battery kept getting drained down. They replaced key switch, light switch, dashboard, alternator, even the battery. Lots of excuses and parts changing and no resolution. Tractor does not start like it should and after 5 times into the dealer for the same problem, I was told the tractor has no problems and it's all within Kubota specifications. Well I wrote Kubota about this problem in July of 2019 and it is now November 2019 and they have yet to respond.

Buyer Beware! They will string you along and tell you it's your problem. Something you are doing wrong and not their equipment. Good luck getting ahold of someone there. I took videos of the tractor not starting on the dealer's lot by the salesman. Funny how they said it was all within Kubota spec. I've had lots of good luck with previous Kubota tractors. This tractor is a $20,000 paperweight. Shame on you Kubota.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I just bought a workshop manual for M5040. Paid 133.00 and it was just copied paper no binder. Very disappointed. I expected more from Kubota. The tractor was good central Equipment. Would not give me an email address to complain to only a number that was useless unless I had the dealer number. A 2.00 binder was all they needed.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Bought a BX2370 new tractor couple years ago. On three separate occasions I lost the brakes when going downhill when the transmission went out of the slow gear. The first time I dismissed it as me, no one was hurt. The second time, I figured it was because I had it in two wheel drive, downhill, no one was hurt. The third time was this past Friday and it almost killed me. It was in 4 wheel drive, it was fully engaged since I was moving forward and starting downhill, and then it instantly popped out of gear. I freewheeled for what seemed forever, and hit a couple trees.

The tractor is pretty much totaled, will find out soon enough. I, ended up in ER with what turned out to be deep bruises to the legs and arms and a couple fractured ribs. Everyone says I was VERY lucky to have survived. If you were to see the tractor, you would understand. The dealership says they have not heard of this problem yet I came across a couple of identical issues with the same tractor on blogs on the internet. Well Kubota? Is this a recall issue?

Original review: July 28, 2019

This tractor has done very well up until almost 2 years ago when the left wheel broke off while I was mowing the grass. Now, I have also lost the other wheel. It was the right side this time and it has broken off as well. This has costed me way over $800 to buy the parts to fix it.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I purchased a brand new M5-091 heavy duty tractor for farming back in Nov of 2016. I bought it new so I did not have to worry about repairs for years of service with the warranty I had with the tractor. My purchase seems to be problem after problem. First problem I had was the hydraulic fluid leaking out of the fittings that were loose on the front end loader minutes after I used it for the first time. Second major problem was the 3rd function connector in the valve assembly under the tractor kept blowing out losing gallons of hydraulic fluid again. The valve assembly was missing a seal which caused the oil to create pressure in the connector housing blowing out the connector. I had bought the air ride seat however when the seat was fully raised it stretched the power cable going to the valve causing it to break the power wire so the valve would not work anymore I redressed the cable and put new connectors where the break was.

The biggest and most disappointing issue is the clutch pack went out after only 370 hours of use. This is a hydraulic shuttle tractor so you rarely need to use the clutch it has a hand lever you slide in the direction you want to go. Kubota's warranty would not cover the repair said it was operator error, I should have checked the clutch after 50 hours of use. Apparently the round bales of hay I used it on are to much for this tractor handle. The dealer did replace the hydraulic oil lost on the loose fittings an gave me a free seal for the valve assembly. Also helped out a little bit on the clutch repair along with Kubota- out of the $5700 bill they covered $1,700.00 the rest I am responsible for.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Vibrates & wears out idler pulley & belt prematurely. I took my mower in for service and the dealership serviced my mower and then fixed several things that were on the recall list, safety switch on deck, safety switch on seat and a few other things. They also told me there was a recall on the idler pulley and belt because it was wearing out too soon. They said they would order the parts and call me when they came in. I gave them my info but no one called me back. I checked back with them several times within a year and was told the same thing over and over...parts are on backorder.

I went in to the dealership last week and asked about the the replacement parts for the recall but was told there was no active campaigns or history of a campaign on the idler pulley and belt for my mower now. I’ve never heard of a recall expiring. I am very dissatisfied with the service department and their lack of customer service.

Kubota Company Information