1.84/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kubota Reviews

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The worst tractor ever owned. I honestly spend more time fixing it than using it, bolts just keep coming lose, I bought it brand new. My seat fell off at 30 hours, spindle shearing bolt because under size broke belt at 15 hours. Gear changes are shocking and nearly impossible to adjust deck height, never mind trying to take decking off and is unstable on hills, should I go on???

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Product was delivered on time and customer service is good from the local dealer but corporate has been asked 3-4 times for the certificate of origin and they have not been able to deliver. The unit was delivered 4 months ago.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have loved my 2011 ZG327 we bought new for $13000. We have mowed 3 acres with virtually no problems. In October the wiring harness completely burned up. We carried it to our dealer in Shreveport, LA immediately. The estimate was $800-$900. One month later we’re told they could not get a wiring harness for it. I immediately ordered one from MD Tractor online. Seems the one they showed in inventory was out in the shop being installed on another mower. Now I am being told there is not one K3281-62125 wiring harness in any warehouse or dealership in the United States. Now what do I do?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I got my BX2380 Sept 2017. I put 140 hours on it. At 130 hours it developed a slightly lower idle, vibration, different sound, different exhaust smell. I thought perhaps it was a fouled injector so I tried running cetane boost, diesel cleaner, tried running it hard in case it was carbon to no avail. Dealer is trying their best testing injectors, compression, everything Kubota has told them to try and states they basically can't find anything wrong with the engine. I can understand it's a dog and they really don't know what else to do but I also don't want to get stuck with an unsolvable problem that will haunt me from here on.

I was told this exact model engine (D902) is used in gen sets and is bullet proof which I believe, but this one is certainly cursed. I am thinking the only way out might be to do a trade for a 2680 with a D1005 engine as I don't know if I can trust this one again. I understand the Kubota rep will be at the dealer next week, wonder if he has any magic? Signed, Distressed.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I've had 8 Kubota tractors. One ran me over due to a malfunctioning safety switch. Two others were duds right from the factory, they picked them up (I had to pay), took them back and wrote down all the problems and returned it UNTOUCHED, as in...not fixed. I could go on and on. I was lied to by everyone in the entire Kubota corporation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kubota?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I purchased this machine new six months ago. It has been back to the dealer eight times, they have been to my residence five times, they have been on my job sites three times. Hydraulic hoses splitting, spilling fluids, hydraulic fittings leaking, quick connect fittings leaking, stabilizer hoses being pulled apart because of the angle of the fittings, the main boom and picker cylinder share the same root pinning. This pin sheared off and the upper cylinder came close to removing my face, caused serious enough damage to the backhoe.

So Kubota replaced the entire hoe, now with 300 hrs the front tires are worn to less than 50%, the problem is the drive ratio between the front drive and the rear so badly out of proportion the front tires in four wheel drive are trying to pull the rears as the travel speed is impaired by this difference in gear ratio. Almost from day one this 3901 has had starting troubles. From one shut down to the next one or several of the micro switches in the system will not allow the machine to start. I have fifteen videos of this condition and still after all the work Kubota has done it has still got this starting issue. Unhappy with Kubota would be putting it mildly.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Updated on 03/23/2019: After fighting with Kubota over an engineering flaw The b3350 should be removed from the market. It has a DPF filter on the exhaust. After almost 6 months new engine, new CPU, 3 new D.P.F. filters Kubota is thinking maybe they should refund my money but this could take forever. If they had told me this model has problems and won't run above 5000 ft elevation due to not enough air for filter to work I would of said, "No I don't want that machine." Almost 6 months and I still can't use my new tractor.

Updated on 03/05/2019: It's been almost 5 months and my tractor still is in the shop. It has been determined I need a new engine so 3 weeks ago Kubota authorized a replacement engine. After all this time of not being able to figure out why it wouldn't start at elev 9000 ft in Colorado the service team decided to replace the engine and it's been three weeks since the new engine was approved by Kubota. So as of today March 5 2019 I not only don't have a new engine but no one knows where this new engine is. Every day I hear the same thing. No one in Kubota or the service dept at Rusler Implements knows where this engine is. Hard to believe that the supply chain at Kubota doesn't track its parts.

Original Review: I bought a new 2018 b3350 tractor. At 98 hours it won't start. Service manger told me he is at a loss. So what do I do but contact a lawyer or maybe you can honor your warranty. Fix the new tractor. Please contact me.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I bought a brand new Kubota Bx2680 series with multiple attachments in May of 2017. I’ve had nothing but issues with this tractor. It’s been in and out of the shop. May of 2018 with 92 hours the engine overheated. Temp gauge never moved. No warning lights just the smell of smoke. Now my head is warped. Apparently even though the equipment failed none of this is covered by the warranty. However, damage is not covered by insurance because it’s a mechanical issue. I’ve spoke to customer service several times as well as my dealer (where I am constantly directed) with no resolution.

Kubota response

Kelly,

We value you as a customer and understand the issue you are facing is frustrating. However, your issue was due to lack of routine maintenance. The buildup of debris in and around the engine compartment and radiator is what caused your engine to overheat and subsequently fail. On page 36 of your operator's manual it clearly states what checks needs to be done every time you use your equipment. Because this was not done warranty denied your claim.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

2500 dollar repair for clutch that warranty does not cover. In Nov. 2017 I bought a new Kubota MX5200 with manual transmission equipped with a front-end loader. At 110 hours the clutch went out. Dealer and Kubota customer service said that this is not under warranty. Rep said the failure was due to excessive use of clutch. Have a 15 year of MX 5000 manual and never had an issue. Very disappointed in the assistance that I did not get from Kubota. Service tech indicated that with the emission system, you have to shift with the engine wide open and indicated that is probably why the clutch failed. I am going to get rid of the unit at a loss and buy a hydro state transmission. After this being my 3rd Kubota product, I may got to another brand. Trade value is about a 3rd off the purchase price. Would definitely not buy a manual shift Kubota with front end loader. Very disappointed with the customer service from Kubota.

Kubota response

Marvin,

We understand the frustration this issue has caused and sincerely apologize. However, there were no defective parts found when your unit was diagnosed at your dealership. In accordance to page 5 of your warranty handbook, the clutch is not a warrant-able part. If you have any new evidence to state the contrary please give us a call at 888-4-KUBOTA and we will be more than willing to assist.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

3 months ago I bought a Kubota Kommander Z421 60” zero turn mower. I wanted to give Kobota another try after buying a Kommander z122 42” about 3.5 years prior. The z122 was constantly in Kubota's shop. Multiple issues with one of the belts coming off at least 6 times and the left transmission controls went out which took 3 months to repair. Never got mower back in a week or two. Always took longer regardless of how minor the repair. The Kawasaki Motor on both of these mowers perform well so I give Motor and drivetrain high marks.

My new z421 only has 40 hours on it, made only 2 payments and it is in the shop already at (Kubota dealer). Going on 2 weeks and will probably be another week just to repair a belt. What good is the warranty on the mower (5 year/500 hours) if it takes this long To get your equipment back. They know how to sell them and finance them to you - but the dealer service is poor at best. I will probably need to seek a small engine repair shop out going forward and stay away from dealer at all Cost. I will buy my new tractor from another dealer and manufacturer when I purchase next year. Do your research well because the quality you expect may fall way short of expectation with Kubota. I know it did with me.

Kubota Company Information