Kohler High-Pressure Toilets

Kohler High-Pressure Toilets
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Kohler High-Pressure Toilets Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler High-Pressure Toilets?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: June 19, 2020

To return a product, Kohler requires a call to customer service to obtain an RGA #. Right now, I've waited 20 minutes for a representative to pick up my call. This is a waste of my time and an unconscionable action on Kohler's part.

Original review: May 24, 2019

The previous reviewer has it exactly right.... I purchased a Kohler 14799 toilet from Lowe's March 3, 2019. It has plugged 4 times since installation (without paper). Yesterday was the last straw, I'm going back to Lowe's with my complaint and refund request (approx $180). Three calls to Kohler accomplished nothing.... Well I did meet a nice young lady telling me to "check my pipes". The design is seriously flawed with the passages being too small and most of all a sharp 90 degree turn at the bottom. Even my snake can't make the turn.... What a crappy mess. No more Kohler products for me. Any suggestions on a brand that will work every time?

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Meticulously designed to eliminate weak-flush problems... by the three stooges. VERY SIMPLE. VERY BASIC! The hole at the bottom of the bowl is LARGER THAN the opening at the base of the toilet where it mounts to the plumbing. ENORMOUS DUH!! Might as well mount your toilet auger or drain snake to the side of the the toilet, because the standard plunger won’t fit the bowl design, and the clog is "WAY DOWN UNDER" like they say in Australia.... And all this from a middle priced Kohler design. The company obviously does not give a [poop emoji] about "PROBLEMS AFTER PURCHASE". Bottom line: I love fighting the clogs once a week!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I purchased a Kohler low flush toilet from Lowe's less than a year ago. I've noticed for a while there is a dipping sound coming from within the toilet tank. I replaced the 3" tower style gasket, but the drip is still there. The toilet works really well and is easy to work on, but I think Kohler needs to fix this design problem. I noticed they had the toilet on sale at Lowe's, and I started to buy another one, but decided to keep the old 3.5 gallon flush toilet. It doesn't leak, and the new low flush Kohler may use as much water with the leaking anyway.

Original review: April 15, 2018

After replacing 2 American Standard toilets with Kohler San Souci models, one of the new toilets began continual running because the flapper/seal wasn't working. A week later the second toilet also started continuing to run. "Customer Service" (ha ha) sent me a video to clean the fill valve. Great, but not the problem, customer service doesn't seem to know how toilets work. The replaced American Standards were 17 years old and had not even had a flapper replaced. DO NOT BUY KOHLER - JUNK!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Started assembling the toilet (Kohler Cimarron). Notice the toilet looked crooked. Got the level out check the portion you sit on mine was quarter inch off left to right a good 3/8 from front to back. The next problem it's a soft touch seat lid. The lid from outside to inside diameter has a 1in taper. It feels like sitting on a 1-inch diameter circle. Extremely uncomfortable and design that way. Why Kohler? Will return. Have not even tried to add water to it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We had a plumber in who tried to stop the leak under the lip of the toilet and around the bolt. He designed a coupling to stop the leak and it has not worked. It only leaks after the flushing has completed. Would love to solve this mystery as we have to keep a bowl at the floor to catch the water from this drip.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Kohler 1.6 Toilet - I purchased two of these toilets three years ago, on the second year I've had constant problems with the flush valve not sealing completely on both toilets. I replaced them and to my surprise within 7 months they're leaking again, not only is this a problem but sometimes when the water doesn't fill the bowl and you flush they blow water up out of the bowl!!! This product is a piece of crap literally, do not purchase this brand unless you want constant maintenance or unnecessary clean up!!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Top of pedestal, where the tank mounts, dropped off on the left side, making it impossible to mount the tank level. Very poor quality control. Been a new construction plumber for a while and have never seen anything like it. And who is footing the bill for removal, installation, removal, and installation, the home owner... Great job Kohler. The bold slogan "get bent".

Original review: April 20, 2017

Unless you have more than one bathroom in the house, don't buy a Kohler toilet! I needed a new flush valve for the Kohler Cimarron model. After removing the flush valve from mine, I headed for the box store where I purchased the toilet a couple of years ago. I began down the plumbing aisle... Mmmmm? Seems all other toilets have a 2 inch or 3 inch hole that the flush valve sits in. I measured mine before I left. 3 inches plus. More like 3 3/4". I see hundreds of different flush valves for hundreds of different toilets. All fitting 2" or 3" holes. MMMMM? But this Kohler, it is not 2 inch, and it's not 3 INCH. It's a funky odd size. MMMM? Is my toilet defective?

I continued to search the plumbing aisle, back and forth to no avail and finally as much as my male soul held me back, I had to ask someone. "Got one of these?" After performing the same up and down the aisle search, and then making a few radio calls. The clerk says, "No. Special order only from Kohler. Different size hole." "Can I get a non-Kohler part--any other flush valve to get this toilet working today--I'm desperate." "No". Not even a No... "sorry." Went to Home Depot, same conversation.

It was a Sunday, so there were no plumber supply stores open, and certainly no plumbers available. It's just my luck Kohler actually makes their holes 3 inches plus. Plus just enough that nothing 3 inch fits their hole. So, if your toilet is leaking, your only option is to order parts from Kohler, and wait for them to be shipped, assuming you know exactly what to order before you start and of course, nothing else is needed once you start taking the toilet apart. Or god forbid, you break another cheap Kohler plastic part as you are removing the other cheap Kohler plastic part.

Not being a plumber, any plumbing repair is always a "three trip to the store process" to get the right stuff. I really don't need Kohler to make the process more ridiculous by having proprietary parts, impossible to acquire without shipping and handling fees and a two week wait. Especially when it's a simple 30 minute repair job when you have the right parts. If you have an extra bathroom -- waiting for that proprietary Kohler part may be feasible for you. But if your family is waiting on this one bathroom, nobody in the family is going to like you all that much until that magical-cheap plastic-Kohler only-flush valve arrives.

Kohler executives may think it's a clever business model to make products that force customers to only buy their replacement parts. But, it doesn't work all that well for me, the customer, if nobody is carrying their expensive parts. And if that is the business model they use with toilets, I'm going to assume it's the same model they are using for all their products. So I'm taking back this Kohler shower head I recently bought. And I will never own another Kohler product. And unless you have two bathrooms, or two of anything else Kohler makes--you might want to pick another brand. Because sitting on the curb waiting for UPS, while the family is waiting to get their bathroom back is not fun!

Today my daughter thinks she doesn't like me for not getting the bathroom fixed, but it is really Kohler she doesn't like. And I will convince her of that even if it takes years of reminders. So that when she or my grandchildren, or their friends need a sink, toilet, faucet, bathroom or house, even a damn generator for the plant they will be managing in the future, they will know to never ever buy anything with a "Kohler" in it. On Monday I bought a new toilet. Not a Kohler. Took the old Kohler out, and put the new one in. Took about an hour. Done.

Kohler High-Pressure Toilets Company Information