Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner

Kohler High-Pressure Toilets

3.8/5 (161 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Kohler High-Pressure Toilets

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Kohler High-Pressure Toilets Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler High-Pressure Toilets?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler?

Original review: April 10, 2021

I bought the Kohler Elmbrook toilet (K-21285-0). Installation was fine but there is a rim jet in the front end of the bowl that doesn't point down. It points back and up. So whenever the toilet is flushed a fountain of water shoots out of the bowl towards the tank and seat. I've read that others have had the same problem but haven't found a solution yet and have to wait thru the weekend to try to ask Kohler. I bought it from Lowe's or Home Depot over 90 days ago but just now installed it because we decided to renovate the whole bathroom first. If I have to take it out, I will never buy Kohler again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The Kohler toilet fill line feeds a flush valve that lifts a plastic collar in the centre of the tank, when it lifts it applies pressure on the fill line every time it is flushed eventually weakening the plastic pipe in the centre. The fill line connects to the top of the centre pipe to a yellow nipple assembly that covers the top of the pipe. This is the piece that breaks. I have fixed it 3-4 times already but eventually breaks again. I have had to keep it off and use rubber to hold the fill line in place so now there is flexibility. You cannot buy the parts from plumbing supply places and good luck trying to reach Kohler, COVID excuse! listen to their message on the phone twice then it hangs up on you, no way to reach by email. Although it is only a few years old I guess back to American Standard I go.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

To return a product, Kohler requires a call to customer service to obtain an RGA #. Right now, I've waited 20 minutes for a representative to pick up my call. This is a waste of my time and an unconscionable action on Kohler's part.

Original review: May 24, 2019

The previous reviewer has it exactly right.... I purchased a Kohler 14799 toilet from Lowe's March 3, 2019. It has plugged 4 times since installation (without paper). Yesterday was the last straw, I'm going back to Lowe's with my complaint and refund request (approx $180). Three calls to Kohler accomplished nothing.... Well I did meet a nice young lady telling me to "check my pipes". The design is seriously flawed with the passages being too small and most of all a sharp 90 degree turn at the bottom. Even my snake can't make the turn.... What a crappy mess. No more Kohler products for me. Any suggestions on a brand that will work every time?

Original review: April 8, 2019

Meticulously designed to eliminate weak-flush problems... by the three stooges. VERY SIMPLE. VERY BASIC! The hole at the bottom of the bowl is LARGER THAN the opening at the base of the toilet where it mounts to the plumbing. ENORMOUS DUH!! Might as well mount your toilet auger or drain snake to the side of the the toilet, because the standard plunger won’t fit the bowl design, and the clog is "WAY DOWN UNDER" like they say in Australia.... And all this from a middle priced Kohler design. The company obviously does not give a [poop emoji] about "PROBLEMS AFTER PURCHASE". Bottom line: I love fighting the clogs once a week!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I purchased a Kohler low flush toilet from Lowe's less than a year ago. I've noticed for a while there is a dipping sound coming from within the toilet tank. I replaced the 3" tower style gasket, but the drip is still there. The toilet works really well and is easy to work on, but I think Kohler needs to fix this design problem. I noticed they had the toilet on sale at Lowe's, and I started to buy another one, but decided to keep the old 3.5 gallon flush toilet. It doesn't leak, and the new low flush Kohler may use as much water with the leaking anyway.

Original review: April 15, 2018

After replacing 2 American Standard toilets with Kohler San Souci models, one of the new toilets began continual running because the flapper/seal wasn't working. A week later the second toilet also started continuing to run. "Customer Service" (ha ha) sent me a video to clean the fill valve. Great, but not the problem, customer service doesn't seem to know how toilets work. The replaced American Standards were 17 years old and had not even had a flapper replaced. DO NOT BUY KOHLER - JUNK!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Started assembling the toilet (Kohler Cimarron). Notice the toilet looked crooked. Got the level out check the portion you sit on mine was quarter inch off left to right a good 3/8 from front to back. The next problem it's a soft touch seat lid. The lid from outside to inside diameter has a 1in taper. It feels like sitting on a 1-inch diameter circle. Extremely uncomfortable and design that way. Why Kohler? Will return. Have not even tried to add water to it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We had a plumber in who tried to stop the leak under the lip of the toilet and around the bolt. He designed a coupling to stop the leak and it has not worked. It only leaks after the flushing has completed. Would love to solve this mystery as we have to keep a bowl at the floor to catch the water from this drip.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Kohler 1.6 Toilet - I purchased two of these toilets three years ago, on the second year I've had constant problems with the flush valve not sealing completely on both toilets. I replaced them and to my surprise within 7 months they're leaking again, not only is this a problem but sometimes when the water doesn't fill the bowl and you flush they blow water up out of the bowl!!! This product is a piece of crap literally, do not purchase this brand unless you want constant maintenance or unnecessary clean up!!!

Kohler High-Pressure Toilets Company Information