4.1/5 (886 ratings)

About Re-Bath

Re-Bath specializes in fast bathroom remodeling. The company offers complete remodeling services or tub/shower-only conversions, and it provides free in-home consultations and a free design process. Re-Bath also offers tub/shower conversions especially for those with limited mobility and seniors who wish to age in place. Slip-resistant technology, accessible bathroom remodels and walk-in tubs are available in stylish options that will update your bathroom while increasing safety.

Pros

• Can be used 24 hours after install
  • Product and installation warranties
  • Free in-home consultation

Cons

• Pricing not available online
  • Preset selection of fixtures

Bottom Line

Re-Bath specializes in stylish, fast bathroom remodeling, tub/shower conversions and accessibility features. Choose from a selection of high-quality, coordinating materials and products.

Top Re-Bath Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We went to Lowe's to get our bathroom done and they brought Re-Bath. The rep was good and the installers were nice and very courteous. They worked hard and got it done in good tim...

Verified

We heard good things about Re-Bath from several friends plus my brother who used Re-Bath to redo several of his bathrooms and it looked good. We did a tub to shower conversion in ...

What is Re-Bath?

Re-Bath offers complete remodeling services that include shower bases, tubs, vanities, toilets, wall surrounds, faucets, flooring and lighting. For both tub/shower conversions and complete remodels, the shower bases are custom fit and have a nonporous luster finish that is nonslip and easy to clean.

Re-Bath installs vanities and countertops from Bertch, and the products include a limited lifetime warranty. Faucets and fixtures are from Moen and come in a variety of finishes, including brushed nickel, polished chrome and rubbed bronze. Lighting comes in coordinating finishes. Customers can also choose from a variety of toilets, including dual-flush models that use 20% less water.

Products from other brands installed by Re-Bath come with manufacturer’s warranties, and all workmanship comes with a one-year warranty. Customers receive a cleaning product list and cleaning tips to help keep their new bathroom looking its best.

Re-Bath tub materials

DuraBath wall surrounds come in natural stone or waterproof, nonporous acrylic. Re-Bath’s DuraBath natural stone is harvested from 3,000-year-old quarries around the world. Panels are cut and reinforced at the same time to create a seamless look when installed.

DuraBath natural stone comes in nine colors, and acrylic wall surrounds come in 17 colors. The acrylic material is completely waterproof and mildew resistant. DuraBath wall surrounds come in 15 different tile patterns to coordinate with your bathroom style.

DuraBath acrylic and natural stone products are silicone-sealed, which dries and cures faster than grout and is easier to clean. Wall surrounds come with a limited lifetime warranty.

How does Re-Bath work?

The Re-Bath process begins with a free in-home consultation. The design consultant asks about your needs for your bathroom, takes measurements and shares ideas about how to transform your space. You will then receive a quote.

Once you decide to move forward, you select the colors, styles and products to install. The design process is free. Re-Bath remodels are structured around four design styles: traditional, transitional, rustic and contemporary. Whether you are choosing a complete remodel or tub/shower conversion, Re-Bath can help you coordinate your design elements.

After the design process, The company begins the removal and preparation process. Re-Bath contractors handle all necessary repairs before installing any new features. During this time, your new custom-fit bathroom elements are in production.

When the products arrive, Re-Bath professionals install everything and take care of any necessary electrical or plumbing work. The process takes a few days. If you are having a tub or shower conversion, the removal and installation process could be faster. With silicone-sealed DuraBath products, the new bathroom is ready to use 24 hours after installation.

How much does Re-Bath cost?

Pricing for a Re-Bath remodel or tub/shower conversion varies based on bathroom size, project scope and products selected. Re-Bath offers a free in-home consultation so a consultant can tailor a quote to your project. Re-Bath franchises are independently owned and operated, so specific services and project costs may vary by market.

Re-Bath FAQ

Is Re-Bath a good company?
Re-Bath is one of the largest complete bathroom remodeling companies in the U.S. It stands behind its franchisees with a limited lifetime warranty on Re-Bath products and a one-year warranty on workmanship. All contractors are licensed and insured in local markets.
Who owns Re-Bath?
Re-Bath is a national company with a network of independently owned franchises throughout the country. It is a limited liability corporation.
Does Re-Bath offer financing?
Re-Bath's individually owned franchises might offer financing. Check with your local Re-Bath.
What material does Re-Bath use?
Re-Bath uses DuraBath natural stone or acrylic wall surrounds. Shower bases are nonporous acrylic.
Where is Re-Bath available?
Re-Bath is available in more than 150 cities throughout the U.S. Visit the website and type in your ZIP code to find your local Re-Bath contractor.

Is Re-Bath worth it?

Re-Bath’s free in-home consultations let customers who are not sure if they can afford a bathroom remodel receive a no-obligation quote. Though Re-Bath is a national company, it operates through local franchising and pricing is not available online. Re-Bath’s free design process gives customers access to professional, personalized ideas, but elements and products are limited to Re-Bath’s preset selection. For customers looking for a streamlined, fast process, Re-Bath’s quality materials and free consultation make the company a good choice.

Re-Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Re-Bath?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I just had my bathroom remodel by Re-Bath. The floor is half- finished because they didn't order enough of the (horrible) tile, and so it sits.... I almost cry every time I enter the bathroom, I totally hate how it looks. The shower surround looks very cheap, the window trim has these ugly raised squares at the corners I was never told would be there, the floor tiles look like plastic, and the shower fixtures are bottom of the line so much so that it is embarrassing, and they force you buy theirs as part of the "package", for the price I paid I feel totally ripped-off.

My salesperson talked everything up like it would be the most beautiful bathroom I could imagine, not the monstrosity I received. I'm considering tearing the whole thing out myself and trying to DIY it, it would feel like throwing over $15,000 into the wind. Anything would be better than what I received. Beware consumers, don't make the same mistake I did!

Re-Bath response

Lisa, we truly appreciate your honest feedback, and we are disappointed to hear you are not satisfied with your remodel. We believe everyone deserves a bathroom they love, and our customer support team would love the opportunity to restore your trust in Re-Bath. Please contact us at 800-426-4573 so we can address your concerns.

Get buying tips about Bathroom Remodeling Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We got our shower redone and the entire time they were dedicated to complete the project to the utmost quality. There were some setbacks that they ran into but they took their time to make sure it was done right and not fast. They even came on the weekend to make sure it was done to the best quality. Angel, Kevin, and Dillon did an incredible job and would recommend them them to anyone wanting to redo their shower.

Re-Bath response

Scott, we are so grateful for your business and positive review. Nothing makes us happier than to hear that you are loving your new bathroom. We are honored that you chose us to turn your home into a more beautiful and functional space.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

Unfortunately the company will not honor their lifetime warranty. They tried to blame the fact that the vinyl was peeling on the fact that we did not use approved cleansers even though we used products from their approved list

Re-Bath response

Ken, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to our customer support team at 800-426-4573 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 21, 2022

The consultant Rick presentation was very convincing. He was very honest and understanding. He answer all my question. That made me feel good about the choice I made. A truly great guy. I look forward to seeing my new bath.

Re-Bath response

Hi Debbie, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We are very happy to hear our staff was so supportive during your design consultation. If you have any further questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are looking forward to your remodel! Have a great day.

Original review: April 23, 2022

We had a very good experience with our new shower installer Mark. He was very professional and did beautiful work. There was a slight measuring error when the job was set up but when he finished no one would know. Every detail is exactly as we had hoped and better and it was a pleasure working with him. I would definitely recommend contacting Re-Bath for any bathroom remodeling you need done.

Re-Bath response

Hi Patrick, thank you so much for your positive review! We are pleased to hear our staff was so supportive. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we are happy to have earned it. If there's anything else we can do you for, please don't hesitate to reach out! Have a great day.

Original review: March 25, 2022

We recently used ReBath for our master bathroom remodel. Our sales rep, Chris **, was great the night we received a quote and after that was completely unresponsive via the GroupMe chat. We agreed upon a price reduction and asked to change hardware from brushed nickel to gold to which we had a verbal agreement and followed up over 10 times to get a written contract updated. We never received a change order and as such our gold hardware was never ordered. We later found out Chris was no longer with the company and we were not notified.

We also had written in our contract that we would use tile we had previously purchased from Lowe's for our floor. ReBath overlooked this on the contract and purchased additional tile, then told us to get a refund from Lowe's on our original purchase. Because we purchased our tile more than 30 days ago, Lowe's refused our refund and ReBath would only refund us the amount it would cost them (which is significantly discounted since they purchase in bulk).

Marvin, the VP, was involved in these conversations and not once did he take responsibility. To quote him on the hardware issue, he said "this is not my fault since we never received a written contract" even though we followed up many times to get one and never did!! He also attempted to argue they "did us a favor" by finally agreeing to come down on price. Horrible customer service for a "VP" level executive. Ray **, our contractor was on time every day and very responsive. He also gave us recommendations for errors made in the contract. If I could leave Ray a separate review, I would give him 5 stars. Overall, I would not recommend using ReBath to anyone.

Re-Bath response

Hi Morgan, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We would appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around. Please contact our customer support team at 800-426-4573 so we can work toward a resolution. Thank you again for leaving us your honest feedback, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

First of all it's very expensive. Secondly, the person who installed my bathroom got fired. Have had problems with water leaking in the tub. Fixtures they give you are cheap. The tile they laid down the grout keeps coming up. Not a happy camper.. Look somewhere else for bathroom refinish.

Re-Bath response

Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. Please contact our customer support team at 800-426-4573 at your earliest convenience so we may further assist you in working toward a resolution. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

This has been the worst experience with Home Depot and Rebath. Home Depot referred me to Rebath when I reached out about bathroom remodel project. I signed a bathroom remodel contract for $15,900 in August 2021 and sales agent promised that they would complete the remodel before thanksgiving. We had visitors coming and wanted remodel to be done by Thanksgiving. There was no communication from Rebath between September and November. I phoned them one week before Thanksgiving and they said they will not be able to come but will come week after Thanksgiving. They did not come week after Thanksgiving and there was no communication and total silence.

In December I received an offer in a different city and in January 2022 I called Rebath to cancel order since I was now moving. All of a sudden they want me to pay for materials at a cost of $11,900 for a bathroom remodel they quoted at $15,900? I phoned Home Depot who washed their hands and said the $11,900 was for materials and I should either get the installation or cancel and pay $11,900. Home Depot did not try to protect me as a customer given the two months delay by Rebath and the fact that my circumstances have changed and am now moving.

I regret ever signing a contract with Rebath and would not advise anyone to do so. I thought I was paying more for a timely professional service and job but two months delay with no communication and then when situations change being told you have to honor a contract they themselves have not honored. I wonder why they charge more if they cannot meet deadlines and have such a bad customer service. And Home Depot continues to deal with them. Makes me sick in the tummy that Home Depot referred me to such a terrible company.

Re-Bath response

Hi Godswill, thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback about your experience with us. We regret to hear about the lack of communication. We strive for 100% satisfaction, so it is disappointing to hear we missed the mark. We'd like the opportunity to discuss this with you and make this right. Please contact our customer support team at 800-426-4573 so we can work toward a resolution.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

Will change review to 4 stars if they make it right regarding wall cabinet. Had two bathrooms totally redone by Rebath, they began work on a Monday. The first four nights we stayed in hotel as they started on our master bath, we were prepared to stay through the entire remodel. By Thursday we were told we could use the master shower, main bath completely torn apart, we decided to come home. There was a problem with cabinet over the toilet, shoddy painting and patchwork. Rebath stated they would replace, it would be remade. Bathroom completion ran a week longer than planned, annoying but not unexpected as there were some unexpected issues; subfloor rotted, plumbing clogged. There were some days when no one showed, communication was poor at times. Bathrooms completed after approximately 17 days, except for replacement cabinet, final paperwork signed.

One day after completion we noted a bulge in wall of master shower, of note this shower is about 30” x 30.” Informed Rebath following Monday, we were blamed for defect because we did not wait two weeks to use master shower (hot water not supposed to hit shower walls directly), were asked if we wanted to know cost of replacement. As we were never told this, I reached out to our Rebath designer, Megan (who is awesome), Oregon contractor’s board, and sent certified letter to Rebath GM. One week later GM came to our home, stated it was not installed correctly and they would replace shower wall, it was not due to us using shower immediately after completion. Upsetting but comfortable with outcome. Two months later shower panel and wall cabinet replaced.

Unbelievably the cabinet was again flawed and had no shelving. Reached out to Rebath, as of yet no response as to how this will be addressed. Overall I am satisfied with Rebath, their communication has room for improvement and they shouldn’t blame the customer if there is a problem. Kyle and Megan were both great to work with.

Re-Bath response

Hi Kelly, thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about the issues with your installation. We strive for 100% satisfaction and we would like the opportunity to make this right. Please contact our customer support team at 800-426-4573 so we can try and turn your experience around.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Re-Bath of Reno is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. My parents signed a contract in February, my father passed away in April, it is now October 25th and the work is still not done. My mother has gone months, yes months, without a working shower. Literally everything that could go wrong has. They hired unskilled, unlicensed men to work in my elderly mother's home and things got so bad I hired a plumbing company to do an inspection and found that it was all done incorrectly and not to code. The shower drain, the trap, the hot/cold water, all was wrong. The shower doors and flooring were all installed incorrectly and have to be redone...seriously, the list goes on.

I filed a complaint with the Nevada State Contractor's Board and that put some pressure on them but I found out recently that their license was suspended and they were still out working on her bathroom! They are still taking on new clients! I have called and filed a complaint with the Re-Bath HQ and someone took a report but not sure what good that will do. I am at my wit's end. The Re-Bath product may be a great and if you have a reputable installer, good... but if you are in Reno, Nv...please do not use this company.

Re-Bath response

Hi Erin, thank you for leaving us your honest feedback. We strive for 100% satisfaction and are disappointed to hear we missed the mark. We would like the opportunity to discuss your situation and learn how we can turn around your experience. If you are willing, please contact our customer support team at 800-426-4573 so we can make this right.

Re-Bath Company Information