KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers

4.7/5 (83 ratings)

About KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Reviews

Enjoy a custom-designed shower from the leader in bath design and innovation. The LuxStone shower collection features a premium suite of stylish showerheads, modern wall designs, luxurious accessories and sleek glass doors to create the perfect shower for you and your routine. Work with a KOHLER Authorized Dealer to bring your vision to life, and have it professionally installed in as little as one day.

Pros

• Added safety and luxury features
  • Lifetime warranty
  • One-day installation
  • Financing options

Cons

• Can get pricey with added options
  • Prices not listed online

Bottom Line

Kohler walk-in showers come with various design and safety options, including luxury features and safety benefits. It doesn’t list its prices online, but it has financing options to help with costs and a leading warranty.

What is LuxStone by Kohler?

Kohler is known for industry innovations, including progress in accessibility. Its LuxStone walk-in showers are designed specifically to help those with mobility issues feel safer in the bathroom. With low steps and seating and grab bar options, LuxStone offers stability and support for those who need it. Kohler also provides flexibility and customization options like dynamic patterns and bronze features.

Kohler walk-in shower kits

Kohler walk-in showers include shower walls, showerheads and a sturdy low-entry base or bathtub. You can choose your own style and customize your shower at each step. The LuxStone walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance and aesthetically pleasing with matte finishes and a variety of patterns and colors. Showerhead designs range from traditional to contemporary, and the company offers finishing options such as finish options such as brushed nickel and matte black.

Kohler walk-in shower installation

Kohler designed its line of walk-in showers for easy installation. For most homes with an existing bathtub, a Kohler walk-in shower can be installed in as little as one day. You’ll need to work with a KOHLER Authorized Dealer for installation in order to receive the lifetime limited warranty.

How much does a Kohler walk-in shower cost?

Kohler Walk-in shower costs vary based on the design and your preferences. The company gives free quotes that include the installation cost and additional features. The price does not change during the design or installation process.

Kohler offers financing and discounts to eligible customers.

Kohler walk-in shower FAQ

Is it hard to clean a Kohler walk-in shower?
No, it’s fairly simple. You can clean Kohler showers pretty much the same way you’d clean any shower, with a non-abrasive multipurpose cleaner and a soft cloth.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in showers?
Kohler offers a lifetime limited warranty on its walk-in showers. This warranty covers manufacturing defects like systems and sealant for as long as you own your home.
Do Kohler walk-in showers require a bathroom remodel?
Not usually. KOHLER LuxStone showers are designed to fit within the confines of a traditional shower/bath combination. If your home doesn’t already have a standard opening for a bathtub, a redesign may be necessary.
What are Kohler’s LuxStone showers made of?
These luxury showers are made of engineered crushed stone, offering durability, strength and design flexibility. Unlike tile, granite or fiberglass, this material is chip- and stain-resistant and completely grout-free.

Are Kohler walk-in showers worth it?

Kohler walk-in showers are a good option for those who need low steps and added safety features. Because installation can take as little one day, it’s also a convenient option. Even for those who don’t experience mobility issues, the flexibility and design customizations make these a solid choice for many homeowners. While these prices can be high, Kohler does offer financing options and a lifetime limited warranty.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KOHLER LuxStone Showers?

Original review: May 11, 2022

The Kohler sales rep was very knowledgeable. The only downfall is there are no prices listed on the Kohler website. He looked at my bathroom situation here, and he said, “You're looking at about 20,000.” It was out of my budget. He was super nice to show me other options. I have lymphoma and it is in my bone marrow. I have a really hard time with my bones, like walking. He was really considerate of that. So, we had the shower pan and it’d be low. I already have a shower seat to take a shower with anyway. He made sure that I knew that Kohler came with two grab bars, which really helps a lot to get up onto the feet and then out of the shower.

He sent me the options of the different heads to make sure that I was comfortable with what they offered. He was very kind. He didn't seem high pressure. As a matter of fact, I had my adult son come to my house the day the guy came over in case he was one of those sleazy salesmen. But he was not. The installers were very professional and kind. They had to cut across my front yard, so they had grass on their feet. They taped paper on the hardwood floors to get to the bathroom. They did an excellent job. I got the rain shower thing as well as the handheld. They made sure that I was involved and asked, “How high do you want this? Where do you want your grab bars?”

Having two of the grab bars made all the difference from just the one on the side. Having the other one to pull up was fantastic. I love the fact that there are the two showerheads ‘cause sometimes you just wanna sit in the chair and have the rain fall on you. But the only disappointing thing, and it could be just my water pressure, is when you have them both on, the handheld and the thing, the pressure is not fantastic. But I opted for additional shelves in the other corner ‘cause it comes with two shelves and I got four. It’s nice to have the extra storage. It's been delightful.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Laura, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you found the representative helpful and that the installers were efficient. We are happy that you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone shower and that our safety grab bars and shower seat have made your shower routine easier. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Have a wonderful day.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Showers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

My dad had been a plumber and he always dealt either with Kohler or American Standard. Also, my mom was coming to live with us and she needed a shower that she could get into. Kohler said they could get the walk-in shower done in one to two days, so we went with them. They got it done in one day and they cleaned. I had to relocate my mom for the day because of the bathroom, but they put it all back together and I was really pleased. There was a piece that was missing, which they knew about, and they told me that it was having a leak. Even the guy that came out to install it the following week was in and out in absolutely no time at all. Although, he did take time to install it and it was done really well. Anyone that has come to look at it has been really impressed with the job they did.

I wish the showerhead would come out over more or have that extra arm, but other than that, I have no complaints about anything with the shower. I wish we got more advice from them though. I was hoping that I made the right decisions with the shower and the men that were out here told me to switch the curtain that we hung up with a glass shower door. But we made the right choice getting the curtain because of maneuverability and getting my mom in and out of the shower. So, I wish that on the website itself, there would be more information, especially with a walk-in shower, in regards to elderly people saying the pros and cons of getting a shower door. I also wish there was a little bit more information about ADA compliance, the elderly, and the benefits of this.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Patricia, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are glad to hear that you had a positive installation experience with us and your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. We appreciate your feedback on the glass shower door. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

The rep explained everything well and told us a certain price of how much the cost was gonna be every month. We told him that we didn't want it to be over 200 but it ended up being $302.76 a month. The way things were, they set it up and we would only release so much money to begin with, to order the tub. Then, we wanted a certain product which had to have a different toilet to get with it. So, we decided to do that too and that was added on to the bill.

When the guy came and did everything he had to do, he told us about our meter box and they had to have something done to it. It didn't have enough room for the breakers to go in and it had to have a bigger one. He wired everything and left the wires out. We had to get another electrician to come in and do all the work for us because the guy they sent over didn’t even know what he was doing. So we used this guy that we knew and did some wiring for us before. We had to take that whole meter box out and put another whole thing in. But Kohler paid for it.

There were two men who came in for the installation. The guy put on his coverall and went down under the floor to make sure that the floor joists were well enough to hold the tub. He came back in and said it was. They started to work and did what they had to do. We got out of the way and let them do what they wanted to do and if they needed anything, they hollered. They were great. Both of them knew exactly what they were doing. We were told that the tub fills fast and drains fast. It drains fast but it doesn’t fill fast. But I like sitting in the new tub and getting the jets going on. You get that warm water.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Eva, thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience with us and that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The hydrotherapy jets are one of our favorite features too. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: July 8, 2021

We were wanting to do an installation in our house up in the Western North Carolina mountains, and the only people that did the bathtub to walk-in shower conversion that would accept to come here in our zip code was American Standard and Kohler. We only set our appointments two weeks ahead of time and the Kohler dealer accommodated us so we could be here. But we were kind of leaning towards Kohler anyway because we liked what we saw on the website as far as the wall designs and fixtures that can be put into the installation.

The crew was great. What I really wanted was somebody attached to a reputable company and they met my expectations. They didn't interfere a whole lot. They kept the dust down to a minimum so it could be completely eliminated. As they hit problems, we huddled up and made a few changes as far as what we were going to build out and how we were going to put things in. They made it happen so I'm happy. The value to me was getting in and out, getting it done, and having good quality install. They checked all the boxes. I'm happy with the quality. It's going to hold up a lot better than if I brought in a local guy to put tile in and tear it up. It was somewhat of a high cost and I could have bought a nice used car for it but I wanted it done in a couple of days. I didn't want to wait around for some local joke of a contractor and have my bathroom torn apart for two months of the summer while I'm here.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Robert, thank you for your review! The KOHLER® LuxStone experience is designed to make the shower enclosure remodel as convenient as possible, and we are so glad that your KOHLER Authorized Dealer and installers were prompt and efficient during installation. We are thrilled that you are happy with the quality. Our shower walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and most of all, beautiful. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: June 8, 2021

I made contact with Midwest Bath Co. They made contact back and said that a guy was available. A very nice salesman came. He had a very professional presentation and answered my questions. One of my big concerns was cost and controlling it as best I could. My wife and I both have gotten older and stepping into the bathtub was becoming more and more of a challenge. A walk-in shower was the ultimate answer and replacing the bathtub was the simplest way that they could achieve that. I asked the salesman if we just keep everything the same, my old valves and the rest of that, and they just put the new tub liner in, and he said he couldn't do that. They would replace everything and then it is ours. They have a lifetime warranty that, if I have a problem, they will take care of it. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed and they'll be in business 10 years from now.

He came up with a nice quote. I put some money down, he had some financing through GreenState Credit Union, and that went seamlessly as well. It took him a couple of minutes, and bang, he was done, we were approved, the loan was written. Then, it took them about two and a half weeks to get the material and get us scheduled. Once we were scheduled, the team showed up on the day they were supposed to early in the morning on time. They tore out the old one, put in the new one, and changed all our plumbing over to their plumbing. I had a meeting at 5:00, they left at 4:30, so it worked out very smoothly. We've had it now for a couple of months and it does everything we expected it to do, and much more convenient to walk in and out. No hits, no runs, no errors. It was well done. It was just that one of them said that I got a free Kohler blanket for an in-home evaluation and I've never seen that.

Everybody at Midwest Bath was absolutely wonderful. We did have one change order. I did not order a handheld wand and after the salesman left that night, in discussions, we decided that that's really smart. A chair was ordered so it would be really convenient. I had to call them and ask to change our faucet assembly from a showerhead to a showerhead and a handheld and they said no problem. It was going to be X number of dollars and we were done.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Deve, thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales experience and a smooth installation. We are thrilled that the design of your new walk-in shower adds beauty to your bathroom, and it has provided you and your wife with a safer, luxurious walk-in shower experience. We are so happy that you love your new walk-in shower and hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come. Take care!

Original review: May 12, 2022

The sales rep was great. He had to come in from New York to do the appointment. We liked him. The installers did a good job too. They kept us informed of everything that was going on. Even my neighbors complimented them because when they had to do some stuff outside, they warned them they might not wanna get too close ‘cause there might be sawdust. We enjoy the walk-in shower quite a bit.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Ken, thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone shower. Our shower walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and most of all, beautiful. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: May 8, 2022

I previously installed a Choreograph bath in our kid's bathroom and we needed to update the previous shower panels and storage with Choreograph, however it had been updated to the LuxStone system and only dealers have access. They reverted my needs to their local dealer Statewide in Grapevine. When Statewide called to confirm the appointment, they informed me that they would not be coming out since I only wanted two wall panels and storage unit and not doing a complete bathroom renovation. Either, they need to put the product for sale at the resellers or remove the product if you can't provide installers that know how to install or willing to service.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Everything's great. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. The reps were very nice and professional. The installation went great when they got all the parts. It took them three months to get them. It was a little annoying. Other than that, we're liking the walk-in pretty well.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Randy, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we apologize for the delays you experienced with your order. We are happy that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone shower, and we thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Kohler's price is a little high but it was within our budget. But it was difficult to get a firm schedule out. It took about three months to get on the schedule. Once they committed to a time, they completed the job in a day and a half like they said they would. The walk-in shower looks great and improves the quality of the bathroom considerably.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Bill, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that it took a long time to schedule the installation, and we will make sure to use this information to improve our processes in the future. We are thrilled that your new walk-in shower design adds beauty to your bathroom, and we hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: April 28, 2022

When the salesman came, he was very upfront and he explained everything to us. Then, when the gentleman came to install the walk-in shower, there were a couple of hiccups, but he took care of everything and didn't leave until the job was done. It was nice because he didn't make it appear that it was a big problem and he breezed right through it. Also, the walk-in shower is so nice. It looks fantastic and it works great. We couldn't be happier.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Christine, thank you for your review. We are so glad that your sales representative was communicative and the installer was prompt and efficient. We are thrilled that your new walk-in shower design adds beauty to your bathroom and is tailored to your needs. We are so happy that you love your shower and hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come. Take care.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Company Information