KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers

4.8/5 (73 ratings)

About KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers

Enjoy a custom-designed shower from the leader in bath design and innovation. The LuxStone shower collection features a premium suite of stylish showerheads, modern wall designs, luxurious accessories and sleek glass doors to create the perfect shower for you and your routine. Work with a KOHLER Authorized Dealer to bring your vision to life, and have it professionally installed in as little as one day.

Find Walk-In Showers partners near you

Pros

• Added safety and luxury features
    • Lifetime warranty
    • One-day installation
    • Financing options

Cons

• Can get pricey with added options
    • Prices not listed online

Bottom Line

Kohler walk-in showers come with various design and safety options, including luxury features and safety benefits. It doesn’t list its prices online, but it has financing options to help with costs and a leading warranty.

What is LuxStone by Kohler?

Kohler is known for industry innovations, including progress in accessibility. Its LuxStone walk-in showers are designed specifically to help those with mobility issues feel safer in the bathroom. With low steps and seating and grab bar options, LuxStone offers stability and support for those who need it. Kohler also provides flexibility and customization options like dynamic patterns and bronze features.

Kohler walk-in shower kits

Kohler walk-in showers include shower walls, showerheads and a sturdy low-entry base or bathtub. You can choose your own style and customize your shower at each step. The LuxStone walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance and aesthetically pleasing with matte finishes and a variety of patterns and colors. Showerhead designs range from traditional to contemporary, and the company offers finishing options such as finish options such as brushed nickel and matte black.

Kohler walk-in shower installation

Kohler designed its line of walk-in showers for easy installation. For most homes with an existing bathtub, a Kohler walk-in shower can be installed in as little as one day. You’ll need to work with a KOHLER Authorized Dealer for installation in order to receive the lifetime limited warranty.

How much does a Kohler walk-in shower cost?

Kohler Walk-in shower costs vary based on the design and your preferences. The company gives free quotes that include the installation cost and additional features. The price does not change during the design or installation process.

Kohler offers financing and discounts to eligible customers.

Kohler walk-in shower FAQ

Is it hard to clean a Kohler walk-in shower?

No, it’s fairly simple. You can clean Kohler showers pretty much the same way you’d clean any shower, with a non-abrasive multipurpose cleaner and a soft cloth.

What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in showers?

Kohler offers a lifetime limited warranty on its walk-in showers. This warranty covers manufacturing defects like systems and sealant for as long as you own your home.

Do Kohler walk-in showers require a bathroom remodel?

Not usually. KOHLER LuxStone showers are designed to fit within the confines of a traditional shower/bath combination. If your home doesn’t already have a standard opening for a bathtub, a redesign may be necessary.

What are Kohler’s LuxStone showers made of?

These luxury showers are made of engineered crushed stone, offering durability, strength and design flexibility. Unlike tile, granite or fiberglass, this material is chip- and stain-resistant and completely grout-free.

Are Kohler walk-in showers worth it?

Kohler walk-in showers are a good option for those who need low steps and added safety features. Because installation can take as little one day, it’s also a convenient option. Even for those who don’t experience mobility issues, the flexibility and design customizations make these a solid choice for many homeowners. While these prices can be high, Kohler does offer financing options and a lifetime limited warranty.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KOHLER LuxStone Showers?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Dealing with the Kohler team was very good. They were very professional. I had seen samples of stuff at the home improvement shows so I had an idea of what the material was like and they took us to a start to finish what the remodel would entail, the different options in terms of shower fixtures, the shower doors and other things like corners or built-in things of that nature. The best part was, unlike the others or the other presentation, it was very straightforward. They didn't hype. There were no high-pressure techniques in which they present you with an inflated price, and then lo and behold, they can discount it if you do it right then and there. Their pricing was comparable to the ultimate discounted price that the other vendor was offering. So, that was part one of their presentation. Ultimately, we went to the showroom and finalized our decisions on the options.

We went through everything and signed the contract. It was a little more than seven weeks from the time we ordered to the time the product was available. Their installers were very professional. There was an individual who came beforehand and did all the measurements so that they were aware of how our bathroom was set up. Then, we got a call the day before the appointment. The install took two days. We have carpeting and it was covered. They did everything to minimize dust and consulted us when there had to be a couple of minor tweaks. They're installing a whole new shower in what used to be a tough space and talked to us about that. Overall, exceptional is the only word that I could use to describe not only the workmanship, but the consultation during the process, and the ultimate end product.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi David, thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you had a positive sales experience with us. We strive to provide the best customer service by being informative, efficient, and courteous! We hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: May 11, 2022

The Kohler sales rep was very knowledgeable. The only downfall is there are no prices listed on the Kohler website. He looked at my bathroom situation here, and he said, “You're looking at about 20,000.” It was out of my budget. He was super nice to show me other options. I have lymphoma and it is in my bone marrow. I have a really hard time with my bones, like walking. He was really considerate of that. So, we had the shower pan and it’d be low. I already have a shower seat to take a shower with anyway. He made sure that I knew that Kohler came with two grab bars, which really helps a lot to get up onto the feet and then out of the shower.

He sent me the options of the different heads to make sure that I was comfortable with what they offered. He was very kind. He didn't seem high pressure. As a matter of fact, I had my adult son come to my house the day the guy came over in case he was one of those sleazy salesmen. But he was not. The installers were very professional and kind. They had to cut across my front yard, so they had grass on their feet. They taped paper on the hardwood floors to get to the bathroom. They did an excellent job. I got the rain shower thing as well as the handheld. They made sure that I was involved and asked, “How high do you want this? Where do you want your grab bars?”

Having two of the grab bars made all the difference from just the one on the side. Having the other one to pull up was fantastic. I love the fact that there are the two showerheads ‘cause sometimes you just wanna sit in the chair and have the rain fall on you. But the only disappointing thing, and it could be just my water pressure, is when you have them both on, the handheld and the thing, the pressure is not fantastic. But I opted for additional shelves in the other corner ‘cause it comes with two shelves and I got four. It’s nice to have the extra storage. It's been delightful.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Laura, thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you found the representative helpful and that the installers were efficient. We are happy that you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone shower and that our safety grab bars and shower seat have made your shower routine easier. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Have a wonderful day.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Showers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I called multiple companies and Pacific Bath was the most professional and timely in getting back to me. The representative who came to sell the product did a great job explaining everything and brought samples and showed me the various materials. He went over everything with me. We told him we were on a budget and he went out of his way to work with us to do that budget. When the technicians came to install, they did a great job as far as they wore masks and introduced themselves. They were very professional. There were a few glitches. They ran into some problems in the bathrooms through no fault of their own. I did call the supervisor regarding my concern about that and he responded quickly with a solution that satisfied me and also worked evidently with them to get the problem resolved. Then they followed up with me afterward. So from start to finish, Pacific Bath did a really good job.

The contrast in color between the shower caddy and the shower walls could be better. The shower walls are more of white and then the caddy is a off-white, yellow-looking. The shower caddy was not something that we purchased. It doesn't match the shower very well. I did not know that when I was going to get installed. They gave us that to make the glitch work. So that was something that was thrown in that we were not charged for. Overall, Kohler has high quality of materials. But one thing that was very frustrating was that they want the technicians to come and that the consult is free, but they will not give you any kind of parameters for cost. I was shocked at the price. So there should be more transparency there.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Linda, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us from start to finish. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. Many factors influence the cost of your shower, including the features and accessories you choose, your home’s plumbing, local permits, installation, and more. Because of this, we can only provide a price after a free design consultation. If you have additional questions about your LuxStone shower, do not hesitate to contact our customer service team at (800) 990-4741 or visit https://www.kohlershowers.com/contact/service/.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I called Bath Fitter and Kohler both and decided on Kohler. They were better. Shannon was my salesperson and she was excellent. She was very informative. I was very impressed. The installation was a breeze. These guys were in and out of here. They worked in a day. They left the place sparkling clean. They did a magnificent job. I’m very pleased.

As far as the product itself, it's not just acrylic. It's got stone mixed in it, which is really sweet. Everything was absolutely super, which Bath Fitter didn't offer. There were unknowns that made me a little bit uncertain about that because they said, “Well if we open this up or that up, we're not responsible for this or that.” Whereas Kohler said, “We take care of everything. You don't have to worry about anything.” They certainly did. They removed the old tile and all the old equipment. They took it out very carefully that I was able to give it to someone else who needed them. They were so good at making sure that everything came out absolutely perfectly. The quality is unbelievable.

The best feature is that the entire system has a lifetime warranty. Kohler is something that people should look into if they need to remove their tubs and put in full showers. What they did for me, which I thought was really nice is, because I’m a veteran, they took $1,000 off. They also gave me a free seat that they normally charge about $500.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Jim, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone walls. Our walls are made of engineered crushed stone for enhanced durability, stain resistance, and easy cleaning. We hope you enjoy your new KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

My dad had been a plumber and he always dealt either with Kohler or American Standard. Also, my mom was coming to live with us and she needed a shower that she could get into. Kohler said they could get the walk-in shower done in one to two days, so we went with them. They got it done in one day and they cleaned. I had to relocate my mom for the day because of the bathroom, but they put it all back together and I was really pleased. There was a piece that was missing, which they knew about, and they told me that it was having a leak. Even the guy that came out to install it the following week was in and out in absolutely no time at all. Although, he did take time to install it and it was done really well. Anyone that has come to look at it has been really impressed with the job they did.

I wish the showerhead would come out over more or have that extra arm, but other than that, I have no complaints about anything with the shower. I wish we got more advice from them though. I was hoping that I made the right decisions with the shower and the men that were out here told me to switch the curtain that we hung up with a glass shower door. But we made the right choice getting the curtain because of maneuverability and getting my mom in and out of the shower. So, I wish that on the website itself, there would be more information, especially with a walk-in shower, in regards to elderly people saying the pros and cons of getting a shower door. I also wish there was a little bit more information about ADA compliance, the elderly, and the benefits of this.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Patricia, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are glad to hear that you had a positive installation experience with us and your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. We appreciate your feedback on the glass shower door. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The rep was good and nice. There were two contractors that came over at 9 AM. They got everything unloaded, and then they started demolition. The quality of work was great. It's a really nice shower. It looks great. It's a lot bigger than the shower we had. It's a lot nicer too and it's working really well. But the process from when the guy came to our house to sell us the stuff to when it was installed was way too long. He came in April and he said it would take 12 to 18 weeks. But we didn't get it installed until the middle of September.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Tatiana, thank you for your review. We are so glad that your sales representative was communicative and the installer was prompt and efficient. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in shower for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

We were looking for converting our bathtub to a stall shower. We wanted something more natural. The best thing we liked about KOHLER LuxStone is it's a natural crushed stone, as opposed to other plasticky material. However, it took us quite a bit long for the whole thing. We placed in April, but we got the project done quite late. But I don't think they could help it either because everything was delayed. But otherwise, they were all prompt and responsive, no complaints there. The installation was good. Two guys came in and they covered the floor. They were very polite and responsive in taking feedback. Whatever we asked, they would reply back. We are enjoying the shower. It's good.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Latha, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us! We are thrilled that you love your KOHLER® LuxStone® shower with its stone-inspired walls! We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in shower for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Our showers were really getting bad. It was leaking. So, I went on the internet and Kohler popped up. We've got Kohler toilets and faucets. So, I went with them. Their rep was great. It took about four weeks to get things done. Initially, it was gonna take 16, but they said they’d push through and because we only got the standard, they were able to push it through. So, I was really appreciative of that. I watched the installers, and they did the work in one day. It was really great craftsmanship. I was really impressed. The only thing is they said the base was supposed to be a non-slippery surface, but it was slippery. So, we ended up getting a bath mat.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi John, thank you for your review! The KOHLER® LuxStone experience is designed to make the shower enclosure remodel as convenient as possible, and it is wonderful to hear that you had an excellent sales and installation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone shower, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Rubber guide for doors moves which causes doors not to close, and glass doors hit each other. Bad design for door openers. One knob for each door, should be 2, so you have one to get out. Got a 32” floor pan, so too narrow when you get grab bars and shelf.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Thank you so much for your review, Dan. Every customer’s opinion matters to use as we are continually striving to improve our service. We would appreciate it if you could contact us at (800) 990-4741 or visit https://www.kohlershowers.com/contact/service/ to let us know what we could do to make your experience better. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Kohler is great. There was a delay in getting materials, but they kept me constantly informed as to what was going on with that. The day of installation was very smooth. They were timely and thorough. They cleaned up the area nicely. I'm very happy.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Thomas, we are pleased our team was prompt and efficient during the installation process. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience and are glad you are happy with the results. Have a nice day!

Find a Walk-in Tub partner near you.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Company Information