2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Showers

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

Enjoy a custom-designed shower from the leader in bath design and innovation. The LuxStone shower collection features a premium suite of stylish showerheads, modern wall designs, luxurious accessories and sleek glass doors to create the perfect shower for you and your routine. Work with a KOHLER Authorized Dealer to bring your vision to life, and have it professionally installed in as little as one day.

BOTTOM LINE

Kohler walk-in showers come with various design and safety options, including luxury features and safety benefits. It doesn’t list its prices online, but it has financing options to help with costs and a leading warranty.

PROS

• Added safety and luxury features
  • Lifetime warranty
  • One-day installation
  • Financing options

CONS

• Can get pricey with added options
  • Prices not listed online

What is LuxStone by Kohler?

Kohler is known for industry innovations, including progress in accessibility. Its LuxStone walk-in showers are designed specifically to help those with mobility issues feel safer in the bathroom. With low steps and seating and grab bar options, LuxStone offers stability and support for those who need it. Kohler also provides flexibility and customization options like dynamic patterns and bronze features.

Kohler walk-in shower kits

Kohler walk-in showers include shower walls, showerheads and a sturdy low-entry base or bathtub. You can choose your own style and customize your shower at each step. The LuxStone walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance and aesthetically pleasing with matte finishes and a variety of patterns and colors. Showerhead designs range from traditional to contemporary, and the company offers finishing options such as finish options such as brushed nickel and matte black.

Kohler walk-in shower installation

Kohler designed its line of walk-in showers for easy installation. For most homes with an existing bathtub, a Kohler walk-in shower can be installed in as little as one day. You’ll need to work with a KOHLER Authorized Dealer for installation in order to receive the lifetime limited warranty.

How much does a Kohler walk-in shower cost?

Kohler Walk-in shower costs vary based on the design and your preferences. The company gives free quotes that include the installation cost and additional features. The price does not change during the design or installation process.

Kohler offers financing and discounts to eligible customers.

Kohler walk-in shower FAQ

Is it hard to clean a Kohler walk-in shower?
No, it’s fairly simple. You can clean Kohler showers pretty much the same way you’d clean any shower, with a non-abrasive multipurpose cleaner and a soft cloth.
What type of warranty does Kohler offer for walk-in showers?
Kohler offers a lifetime limited warranty on its walk-in showers. This warranty covers manufacturing defects like systems and sealant for as long as you own your home.
Do Kohler walk-in showers require a bathroom remodel?
Not usually. KOHLER LuxStone showers are designed to fit within the confines of a traditional shower/bath combination. If your home doesn’t already have a standard opening for a bathtub, a redesign may be necessary.
What are Kohler’s LuxStone showers made of?
These luxury showers are made of engineered crushed stone, offering durability, strength and design flexibility. Unlike tile, granite or fiberglass, this material is chip- and stain-resistant and completely grout-free.

Are Kohler walk-in showers worth it?

Kohler walk-in showers are a good option for those who need low steps and added safety features. Because installation can take as little one day, it’s also a convenient option. Even for those who don’t experience mobility issues, the flexibility and design customizations make these a solid choice for many homeowners. While these prices can be high, Kohler does offer financing options and a lifetime limited warranty.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KOHLER LuxStone Showers?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I got a flyer in my mail from BathPro and they said, "There's a discount now. We're having a special." I wanted a walk-in shower to get rid of the tub shower, which was 50 years old. I thought, "I'll give it a shot, meet with somebody.” The woman who did the negotiation, came out and started to tell me about the company, some modular shower and that you're getting piece by piece and put it together nicely. She showed me the quality of the product and told me that it's manufactured up in Akron, someplace in Ohio in a factory, and they ship it down.

I wanted to redo my entire bathroom. The shower was not the only thing I was interested in. So I said, "If you are willing and I knew I have to pay extra for this, I would like to remove all the tiles that's been in there for 25 years and have a brand new tile floor put in. I have a vanity ordered, which needs to be hooked up and then the old one removed. I have a lighted mirror that I need to have put up. So if you're willing in addition to what was going to cost me for the walk-in shower, to give me a price for all of that, I'll consider it. Otherwise, I'll probably go with somebody else.”

She negotiated with the owner who is in the next town, Clemmons, North Carolina, and he said, “We want your business. We have people that are skilled to put the tiles, skill to put everything down and skill with these other things. So yeah, I'll give you a price and add-on for what they would be.” So, that was what I did. The associate who came in put in the shower did an absolutely superb job. I was 11 out of 10 on the quality of the material. I could not have been happier with what they did. The quality of the Kohler product and this walk-in shower is absolutely over the top wonderful. The people who sell it were adaptable to other things that I wanted done, had people who were skilled to do it and negotiated the price that I was satisfied with. It wasn't cheap, but I don't buy cheap. I would recommend them and I have no reservations about giving them an A rating.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Paul, thank you for your review! It's fantastic to hear that you were able to upgrade to a KOHLER® LuxStone shower while also redoing your entire bathroom through your KOHLER Authorized Dealer. We are so glad that your walk-in shower has exceeded your expectations in quality and design. We hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come. Take care.

Get buying tips about Walk-In Showers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

When the Kohler guy was here, he brought something over here to the house and we fell in love with the stone for the shower. In the catalog, I liked the black. I got the black fixtures and I like the look of that. The guy was also really nice. Since I got a bit of a special order, it took a little bit longer to do mine, which was okay. We were doing it during Christmas, so we waited a bit longer. Usually, it took a little shorter, but we had special orders, so the timing was good.

The guys were all nice and great and tried to work around my timing, and the packaging timing throughout their jobs. Everybody worked well together and tried to make things work smooth. We had a lot of scheduling, so it wasn't quite as smooth as we planned, but it worked out well. Everybody was very flexible with scheduling, so it was nice. It was a good experience. My product is great too. I fell in love with my shower. It's beautiful. Everybody loves my pictures of it as well.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Denna, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that you love your KOHLER® LuxStone® shower with its stone-inspired walls and matte black fixture finishes. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in shower for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

My wife had a knee replacement surgery and she's getting ready to do the other knee. We had an old skinny tub, it was a jet, and it wasn't working for us. So, it was time to do something different. We looked for walk-in showers and googled it and Kohler LuxStone came up. We liked the look and the quality of the materials. Then we really liked when they brought the samples in. The sales representative had a little bit of scheduling snafu. He called and asked if he could come a little earlier. We agreed and boom, he was here. He went through everything with us and did all the measurements. The walk-in was delivered in two or three weeks and the guys had it all installed. Our friends didn't experience that kind of rapid response as well as here on the Peninsula. Even if you find a contractor who will come in, you're waiting months, so this was great.

We had one guy who was the lead and the other one was more of an apprentice, gofer-type guy. The installation threw him some curves and he was able to rise to the challenge. Anytime there was a question, he brought us in and said about what we could do and recommended this, or other options. It was excellent. Two days and they were done. It was a quality installation and class act all the way through from sales through end of install. Very timely and professional. Kohler LuxStone is top-notch. Since having it, I enjoy taking a shower.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Robert, thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you had a quick and top-notch sales and installation experience. We are so glad that you and your wife are able to enjoy a safer, more comfortable bathing experience using the KOHLER® LuxStone® shower. We hope you both continue to love it for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I had always wanted to have a larger shower and I liked the look of the product in the commercials that Kohler LuxStone showed. When I had them come up for a quote and they arranged ridiculously cheap financing for me, that sold it. The salesperson knew what he was talking about. He was very professional. The installation went about as fast as I expected it to. It took two days and then a couple more visits to make some small adjustments. They had to correct a small installation error for the doors and change the direction of the valve because hot was cold and cold was hot. But that was minor. I wish I had cleaned up before they buttoned up the wall because I would’ve been able to fix it myself. I like the bench seat that I had them put in and that the shower base is non-slip. I had two shelves put in because my wife is about 8” shorter than I am. So, we have two different height shelves. It’s a convenient height for her and for me.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi James, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. The non-slip, Tresham® Shower Base with a built-in seat and adjustable Floating Shelves are some of our favorite features too for the convenience and safety they provide. We hope you and your wife continue to enjoy your KOHLER® LuxStone® shower for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

We originally started out with getting the walk-in bath. When we were out to the site, I said that I would probably need a new shower. I started looking at the website and finding different options. The rep did a virtual in-house and he did the one for the walk-in bath, and then two days later, I asked about a shower. We talked on the phone and we worked it out that way. Having that option to do virtually was much more efficient for me and for him. It also gave him the capability through the phone of sending him pictures. Also, we were able to see him and he was able to see what the house looked like. When it was done, it was particularly good because there was a lot of concern about going into the house itself to try and minimize it as far as what's going on with the virus. That worked out really well and I felt very confident, as did my wife.

The installation was a little bit longer than we expected. They had two things to do and it worked out okay. We knew it would be at least two or three days and it worked out to four or five. But it was fine. The two people who came in, Wayne and Jamie, did a great job. Drop cloths were down on the floor. They made sure they cleaned up. When they left every day, everything was clean. They even went out in the rain and cut stuff. It was a light rain, but still, they did it outside rather than in the basement or in the garage to minimize the aftereffects of the cutting system. They both cared about their job and about getting it done properly for us. The LuxStone is down in the shower and it looks good. I like the color and the ease of cleaning it, 'cause I'm just using the squeegee to take it down. It's a good product and we're pleased with it.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Richard, thank you for sharing your feedback! We are so glad that you had a positive virtual design consultation. The safety and health of our customers and representatives are our priority, so we are committed to providing the best sales experience possible.

We are happy to hear that your installation team was caring and treated your home like it was their own. We are pleased that you like the look and design of your KOHLER® LuxStone® shower and hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: March 24, 2021

The sales rep described the product very thoroughly and it sounded like something we would be interested in. Now that the shower is installed, it's beautiful. We love it. We did have to call a repairman in to make a slight adjustment to the door but other than that, it's great. We were perfectly satisfied.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Robert, thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone shower. Our shower walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and most of all, beautiful. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: March 18, 2021

They came and gave me an estimate. I liked what they said and I went with it. The installation crew was perfect. They were on time. They did everything they said they were gonna do. It was the right amount. They did it in two days. It was perfect.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Kay, thank you for your review! The KOHLER® LuxStone experience is designed to make the shower enclosure remodel as convenient as possible, and it is wonderful to hear that you had an excellent installation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone shower, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 4, 2021

I knew that Kohler was a good name and they had good product, so we called them to get an estimate of how much it would cost to get our bathtub taken out and have a shower put in. We got the regular walk-in shower and we didn't get that LuxStone because it was too expensive. The salesman was really nice, informative, and he gave us our options. The man that installed it came that morning and they were gone by that evening. It was totally finished and they did a really good job. They cleaned up after themselves and didn't leave a mess. I was really pleased with the whole thing and my husband was too. We love the shower and it is perfect.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Anita, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer and taking the time to share your experience with the KOHLER team!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Everything went fine. The installers worked very well. They were very upfront with us. They told us what they were doing and did it on time. The inspection was great too. The only thing is we don't know how it works. If something happens to the shower or to the walls, we are wondering if we have a guarantee on that. We're also wondering how you do the cleaning for the aluminum of the doors. They just told me to use Dawn. But the walk-in shower is great and we’re doing very well with it.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi M., thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone shower! Our team would be delighted to answer your questions. Please reach out to our Customer Service team at (800) 990-4741 or visit https://www.kohlershowers.com/contact/service/. We look forward to assisting you!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Kohler's rep explained everything very well. He did everything he said they were gonna do and the installation was seamless. I like the ease of cleaning our Kohler the way the rep told us. We are very impressed with the quality of the product. The stone feel is fantastic. I also like the support if we have a problem.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Matthew, thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone shower. Our shower walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and most of all, beautiful. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The sales rep did pretty well and the installers did a great job. But they had to come back because the mirror upstairs was hung five inches too low. Also, they covered the wall where the washer backs up and forgot about the cement next to the washer. We called and somebody showed up in a couple of days and cleaned everything else up. It was beautiful. Everybody was very responsive and listening.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Joan, thank you for your review! We are glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that you are enjoying your KOHLER LuxStone shower. Our shower walls are designed to be durable, low-maintenance, and most of all, beautiful. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone Shower for years to come!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Everything is wonderful. I would recommend the two guys that came here, Ivan and Leo, to anybody. They went over and above what they had to do. They were doing stuff in the middle of a snowstorm and showed up early the next day to make sure they would get home to their kids. They did a great job. I already told many people about Kohler and how well they did everything.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Ben, thank you for your review! The KOHLER® LuxStone experience is designed to make the shower enclosure remodel as convenient as possible, and it is wonderful to hear that you had an excellent installation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone shower, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Kohler's rep was good and the installation of their product was an excellent experience. It took a bit longer than a day but the techs had good attention to detail. The product is of good quality.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Ken, thank you for your review! The KOHLER® LuxStone experience is designed to make the shower enclosure remodel as convenient as possible, and it is wonderful to hear that you had an excellent installation experience with us. We are glad that you enjoy your KOHLER LuxStone shower, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

We found Kohler online. And they actually responded quicker than anybody else that we'd reached out to. Then when they came out to do their presentation, they were very professional, upfront right away that it was going to be fairly expensive, and very down-home and easy to deal with. We were taking out the old shower tub and putting in the walk-in shower, and they addressed it so great. They covered the floors. We really didn't have much of a timeframe. We had blocked out like three days, but they came and were here early like they said they were going to be. They stayed late to finish it in one day. The product is so nice, so clean and very much worth the money that it cost. The materials are top of the line, and it's very easy to get in and out of it.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Lynda, thank you for your review! We are so glad that your salesperson was professional and courteous, and your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was neat and efficient during installation. We are thrilled that you are enjoying the quality and comfort of your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and hope you continue to do so for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The research I did said that Kohler LuxStone was a good product. The sales representative was okay and I had no problems with the installation team. This is my secondary shower and I haven't need to use it yet.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Linda, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We hope you enjoy your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath soon. Take care.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I'm now handicapped and I needed a shower that can accommodate me. Kohler's got a good name. However, I had some bad experiences. There was no nonskid, I slipped and fell and now I have to have replacement surgery on my shoulder. There are some deficits that they need to work on. For a safety shower, there should be a nonskid on the base. I called them back one time and I said, "I slipped and fell. How come there's no nonskid on the bottom of the floor?" They said they'd have somebody call me back.

Kohler is a very well-known name and I figured they'd have all their bases covered, but they didn't. I'm really dissatisfied. We got the shower for convenience and we figured this would be the solution, but it's not. It created other problems and now I'm dealing with them. If I was of the suing nature, I'd be suing right now 'cause this has cost me thousands of dollars above and beyond, the installation of the shower. My wife and I spent a total of $4 to get non-strip for our shower that we installed, and that's something they should install.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Bob, we are very concerned to hear about your situation. We have shared your experience with your KOHLER Authorized Dealer for further follow-up. They will contact you shortly. Have a nice day.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We wanted to put in a tub and we started looking around. Kohler had the best product. Their sales rep was very good and very thorough. Now, I feel much safer 'cause I don't have to walk over that tub every time. But I've got one little problem that they haven't come back and given me a solution for. Down at the ends of the shower, where the door meets the wall, I get a little water splashing out onto the floor. I figured it’s due to the thickness of the bumper that they used.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Haydn, thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you had a positive sales experience. We are so glad that you feel safer bathing in your KOHLER® LuxStone® shower. We apologize for the issue with your shower door, and we have forwarded your comments to your KOHLER Authorized Dealer for further follow-up. They will contact you shortly. Have a nice day.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We were willing to change out our tile shower and we were looking for a replacement. My wife did a little research and thought we would try Kohler LuxStone. The sales rep was very good, helpful and professional. They tore my old shower out and it took two days for the installation. It went quite well. I like the overall of how easy it is to take care of it, how to wipe it down and it doesn't have the grout lines anymore.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Greg, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that the KOHLER® LuxStone® shower has made cleaning easier and added beauty to your bathroom. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in shower for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I do a lot of DIY home improvements and I'm familiar with Kohler products. But in terms of the bathroom remodeling, I was hesitant to use ceramic tile again. I was looking for a product that was seamless. I was also looking for quality and price in Elite Bathrooms at an outstanding price point. They did everything down to the spas, which was what I was looking for and all of the fixtures are Kohler fixtures. We took the tub out and we put in that walk-in shower. The LuxStone is a great product. I wish it comes in a variety of colors. But the workmanship was excellent. Since this is not ceramic tile, the maintenance of the LuxStone is just much easier. Also, Kohler is very customer-oriented and that's important to me. Their representative was excellent. She made some suggestions from her experience in terms of accessories. For example, the selection of the floor to match the fixtures and the wainscoting that was put in.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Richard, thank you for your review! We are glad that you are enjoying the KOHLER® LuxStone® shower and its superbly engineered and easy maintenance shower walls. We are thrilled that your sales representative offered useful suggestions to make your walk-in shower even more beautiful. We hope you continue to enjoy your walk-in shower for many years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We're enjoying our walk-in shower. It's nice. My wife had a stroke and she can take a shower in it. We like the showerhead too. The sales rep did a fine job for us and the installers were very good guys. We had to have one of the shower doors replaced and there was something on one of the handles, but other than that, it was good.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi John, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are so glad that the KOHLER® LuxStone® shower has allowed your wife to feel safe and comfortable while bathing, and we hope you both continue to enjoy your new walk-in shower for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I like the material of Kohler LuxStone. I thought it was very good. The installation crew was informative. They cleaned when they did the job. The button that goes on the glass from the inside so the door could open and close came off. I called and the ones that installed it were supposed to get in touch with me about coming out since it has a lifetime guarantee, but I haven't heard from them yet. Overall, I enjoyed the work and the quality of it.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Patrick, thank you for your review. The KOHLER® LuxStone® shower is designed with a uniquely engineered material made for durability, easy maintenance and beauty. We are so glad that your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was informative and respectful of your space. If you are still waiting for new parts to arrive for your walk-in shower door, please contact your local Kohler Authorized Dealer. We hope you continue to enjoy your new LuxStone shower for years to come. Thank you and have a great day.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

I used to have a tub-shower combo, and the tub started to get microcracks in it, which meant that we had to replace it. I know the Kohler brand and trust them. It looks way better than all of the other shower brands that I saw. It’s attractive, easy to take care of and durable. The sales rep was a nice guy and he made dealing with him very easy. The installation team was a lovely group. They were right on time and they were in and out. They got there at 7:30 in the morning and left around 6:00. It was done and they cleaned up the room on the way out. It was amazing. I feel happy when I look at my pretty shower. It’s a great product. It looks beautiful, it's comfortable and it’s a great environment. I love the shower and the shower locker. There are all the shelves in it and room for all my stuff.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Catherine, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer. We are so glad that your sales representative was courteous and your KOHLER Authorized Dealer was prompt and efficient during installation. We are thrilled that the design of your new walk-in shower adds beauty to your bathroom and is tailored to your needs with the convenient Shower Locker® storage and shelving options for all your shower items. We hope you continue to enjoy your new LuxStone shower for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

A co-worker recommended the Kohler LuxStone. They offer the best material and they had the lowest price. It's for my dad. He has some physical issues right now. So it's easy for him to get in and out. He's liking it. It's a great product and they have great people.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Nirav, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you chose KOHLER® LuxStone® for its high-quality engineered materials and affordable price. We are thrilled that the new walk-in shower has allowed your dad to enter and exit the shower with ease. It's wonderful to hear that you had an excellent overall experience with us. We hope your dad continues to enjoy your walk-in shower for years to come. Take care.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My wife and I had been talking about a walk-in shower for approximately 10 years. She did the grunt work and concluded that Kohler LuxStone had the wall texture and the shower door that she wanted. My wife and I are both over 60 and we had to make a transition from stepping into a tub to a walk-in shower. She thought that it would be safe for me and that's what we did. The experience is wonderful. It makes us feel like we are taking another Viking cruise. We love the shower. It's great and I feel safer that I don't have to step over a tub wall to get into the shower. Also, the grab bar is at a height that I can use. We also got the separate secondary showerheads so it makes it easier for me to wash my service dog.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers response

Hi Raymond, thank you for your review! We are so glad that the LuxStone® shower has provided you and your wife with a safer, luxurious walk-in shower experience. We are thrilled that the low step-in and grab bar heights, along with the additional separate showerhead have made your bathing routine easier and more convenient. We are so happy that you love your shower again and hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come. Take care.

KOHLER LuxStone Walk-In Showers Company Information