2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

Kitchenaid icemakers are available in stainless steel, black, white and panel-ready designs to match existing appliances. An integrated filter removes contaminants from the water, and Clear Ice technology ensures ice is created with uniform results. KitchenAid icemakers are available for purchase online and at selected retail partners.

KitchenAid Icemaker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?

Original review: July 17, 2020

I bought all KitchenAid appliances for my new home and the refrigerator is the pits. If you ever want ice forget about it. This thing makes 6 ice cubes an HOUR and takes 12 hours to fill the small ice holder. I am so angry and disappointed SO MUCH FOR BUYING AMERICAN MADE.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We have a KitchenAid side by side refrigerator that was purchased about 9 years ago. In the past 3 years we have replaced the ice maker and control unit 3 times. This is very expensive. Over $450.00 per repair. We could have purchased a new refrigerator for the cost of repairing this horrible product. I feel this is unacceptable and KitchenAid’s quality control is HORRIBLE and needs to be addressed. The product should never have left manufacturing without the “proper TESTING”! Also ice cubes randomly fall out from the dispenser onto the floor and if not cleaned up the ice melts creating a slippery floor. Another issue we have experienced; the front covers that are suppose to be attached to the baskets in the freezer keep falling off. As a result frozen items fall on the floor on to your feet! A very bad design and “safety issue.” In my opinion buy anything but a KitchenAid or it’s sister company Whirlpool who bought KitchenAid several years ago.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My husband is very mechanical, I am prefacing this review so as the reader will understand how difficult and completely user-unfriendly it is to clean and change the filter on this Ice Maker. My husband says “ if the designer set out to make this procedure the most difficult of any machine .. he succeeded”. Absolutely no thought to regular maintenance procedure was used when the idiot who designed it and was paid for it! I am putting forth that no oversight was done. By that I mean the designer was not made to perform a regular cleaning and replacement of filter procedure. If anyone purchases this KitchenAid Icemaker after this review obviously can’t read...and deserves the problems ahead of him. Do NOT PURCHASE THIS ICE MAKER!

Original review: April 30, 2019

My ice maker did not work. Tried several service calls to find the problem. Found it after my floors were damaged. The two water lines - one 1/4 inch and one 5/16 have pex elbows at the top - both - were split. You have to look very carefully at the 90 degree elbows but I bet you will see lines running down them. That are not lines they are cracks. Wanna bet Whirlpool knows these are defective and didn't say anything, I would.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Very disappointed in our purchase. 1 1/2 yr old KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFC604FSSOO indoor icemaker malfunctioning. Not making ice or sometimes making ice but then water freezes in ice bin so you can't get ice out. OF course, out of warranty... $300 + dollars to repair. Regret buying the refrigerator for many reasons, this one now tops the list.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My first under counter ice machine failed 12 months after purchase. KitchenAid replaced it in the summer of 2016. Then in August 2018 the new one began having trouble- still under warranty. The compressor and evaporator failed. Dealing with 30 minute hold times, non-existent follow up and all around horrible customer service at the rep level and 4 levels above since August 2018. KitchenAid certified installer claims they have yet to receive the “expedited” parts. It is now 10/31/2018 and still don’t have an ice maker. Note KitchenAid wouldn’t let me use my own repair company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had the same model ice maker about 20 years with good service. Finally died and we replaced it with the replacement model. KUIC15NHZSO. The new one lasted about a year until the compressor was out. KitchenAid replaced it under warranty. It lasted about 4 mos but never adequately made ice. Now the warranty repair service has had it for about 8 mos and replaced the compressor 2 x's and numerous other parts. Now they say cannot fix it. It is supposed to be under warranty. Since they cannot fix it they offered to replace it at my expense for $334.00. What is the warranty for?

Shame on them. I have had no service for 1 month the first time under warranty repair and now for 8 mos. All under warranty. And now they expect I should gladly accept their "generous" offer. I will accept the offer for this POS but I will never buy anything with a KitchenAid logo again. And I intend to tell everyone I know how crappy the product and customer service is!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have NEVER owned an appliance in my 60 years I have been so disappointed in. I cannot count the number of times my first ice maker was repaired under warranty. The noise the machine made was so loud, we could not hear the television in the family room. I believe the warranty was 3 years. Because the numerous issues and repairs, my salesman convinced KitchenAid to replace the unit just after the 3 years. Now the second one is broken, a pump and a valve needs replacing, $500!!! No warranty! The product should be pulled from the market. Rapid mold buildup requires cleaning almost monthly. Inexcusable!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Fridge is just over a year and ice maker stopped working. $3500.00 one year. What a joke. KitchenAid didn't even try to fix. Just told me I had to pay for service call... Poor service. Model#krff305ess00. Stay away. Purchase Samsung instead.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Purchased $25000 worth of KitchenAid appliances during a kitchen renovation at our beach house. Undercounter ice maker worked great the first summer... Drained and cleaned it and turned it off for the fall and winter. Turned on in the spring and it worked for a week... then stopped working 3 days out of warranty. Spent over 20 hours and over 15 phone calls with customer service. They sent me the wrong part 4 times... and also sent the part to their "authorized repair center" in Delaware which had been out of business for three years. Talked to 5 supervisors who all said they would handle it. Then purchased an extended warranty only to discover NO ONE IN DELAWARE will accept the warranty. I have never dealt with a company with worse customer service in my life. Didn't have use of the ice maker all summer and it is now sitting in a repair shop while they try to figure out how to fix it. KitchenAid and Whirlpool lost my business for life.

KitchenAid Icemaker Company Information