Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Icemaker

Kitchenaid icemakers are available in stainless steel, black, white and panel-ready designs to match existing appliances. An integrated filter removes contaminants from the water, and Clear Ice technology ensures ice is created with uniform results. KitchenAid icemakers are available for purchase online and at selected retail partners.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Icemaker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?

Original review: May 25, 2021

This item cost in excess of $2300. It was manufactured in March 2016 and placed in service Oct 2016. It has completely failed 3 times. Makes beautiful ice when it works...which ain't often. Got tired of spending money on an expensive boat anchor. I highly recommend avoiding this item. Go with the cloudy ice from the fridge...a lot less aggravation. I plan to replace it in the existing under counter cavity with a garbage compactor. I religiously followed preventive maintenance/cleaning procedures.

Original review: March 16, 2021

This ice machine stopped working after 3 months. First it started making a loud grinding noise, then it started leaking water, then the power shut off and the machine died. I called KitchenAid to service the machine twice. After the first service call, the tech said that the loud grinding noise was normal and left. 24 hours later the machine got louder, I had a flood of water and the power shut off. The second service call was a waste of time as the machine was dead and could not be tested. The tech told me that I need a new computer board and drain pump which is on backorder for 8-12 weeks. I asked for a Kitchenaid rep to call me and of course I had to call them. I was told that the machine can only be repaired and not replaced even if there are multiple major parts required.

My argument was, "What if you get the power working again and the noise and leaking continues?" We actually don't know what is wrong with the machine or if the parts ordered are the right parts. I would NEVER recommend this ice maker. The Kitchenaid customer service is impossible to reach and they are not prepared to work with the customer. I am certain that in 3 months I will still be dealing with a broken ice maker!! Could not be more dissatisfied with my purchase :(

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I'd give it a zero if I could. Not even 2 years old the compressor has gone out and has a leak. Replaced it for over 800.00 and now that has stopped working. I will never buy another KitchenAid Major Appliance and I can tell you this was not worth the 2500.00 price tag.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I bought all KitchenAid appliances for my new home and the refrigerator is the pits. If you ever want ice forget about it. This thing makes 6 ice cubes an HOUR and takes 12 hours to fill the small ice holder. I am so angry and disappointed SO MUCH FOR BUYING AMERICAN MADE.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We have a KitchenAid side by side refrigerator that was purchased about 9 years ago. In the past 3 years we have replaced the ice maker and control unit 3 times. This is very expensive. Over $450.00 per repair. We could have purchased a new refrigerator for the cost of repairing this horrible product. I feel this is unacceptable and KitchenAid’s quality control is HORRIBLE and needs to be addressed. The product should never have left manufacturing without the “proper TESTING”! Also ice cubes randomly fall out from the dispenser onto the floor and if not cleaned up the ice melts creating a slippery floor. Another issue we have experienced; the front covers that are suppose to be attached to the baskets in the freezer keep falling off. As a result frozen items fall on the floor on to your feet! A very bad design and “safety issue.” In my opinion buy anything but a KitchenAid or it’s sister company Whirlpool who bought KitchenAid several years ago.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My husband is very mechanical, I am prefacing this review so as the reader will understand how difficult and completely user-unfriendly it is to clean and change the filter on this Ice Maker. My husband says “ if the designer set out to make this procedure the most difficult of any machine .. he succeeded”. Absolutely no thought to regular maintenance procedure was used when the idiot who designed it and was paid for it! I am putting forth that no oversight was done. By that I mean the designer was not made to perform a regular cleaning and replacement of filter procedure. If anyone purchases this KitchenAid Icemaker after this review obviously can’t read...and deserves the problems ahead of him. Do NOT PURCHASE THIS ICE MAKER!

Original review: April 30, 2019

My ice maker did not work. Tried several service calls to find the problem. Found it after my floors were damaged. The two water lines - one 1/4 inch and one 5/16 have pex elbows at the top - both - were split. You have to look very carefully at the 90 degree elbows but I bet you will see lines running down them. That are not lines they are cracks. Wanna bet Whirlpool knows these are defective and didn't say anything, I would.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Very disappointed in our purchase. 1 1/2 yr old KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFC604FSSOO indoor icemaker malfunctioning. Not making ice or sometimes making ice but then water freezes in ice bin so you can't get ice out. OF course, out of warranty... $300 + dollars to repair. Regret buying the refrigerator for many reasons, this one now tops the list.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My first under counter ice machine failed 12 months after purchase. KitchenAid replaced it in the summer of 2016. Then in August 2018 the new one began having trouble- still under warranty. The compressor and evaporator failed. Dealing with 30 minute hold times, non-existent follow up and all around horrible customer service at the rep level and 4 levels above since August 2018. KitchenAid certified installer claims they have yet to receive the “expedited” parts. It is now 10/31/2018 and still don’t have an ice maker. Note KitchenAid wouldn’t let me use my own repair company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had the same model ice maker about 20 years with good service. Finally died and we replaced it with the replacement model. KUIC15NHZSO. The new one lasted about a year until the compressor was out. KitchenAid replaced it under warranty. It lasted about 4 mos but never adequately made ice. Now the warranty repair service has had it for about 8 mos and replaced the compressor 2 x's and numerous other parts. Now they say cannot fix it. It is supposed to be under warranty. Since they cannot fix it they offered to replace it at my expense for $334.00. What is the warranty for?

Shame on them. I have had no service for 1 month the first time under warranty repair and now for 8 mos. All under warranty. And now they expect I should gladly accept their "generous" offer. I will accept the offer for this POS but I will never buy anything with a KitchenAid logo again. And I intend to tell everyone I know how crappy the product and customer service is!

KitchenAid Icemaker Company Information