Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Icemaker Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My husband is very mechanical, I am prefacing this review so as the reader will understand how difficult and completely user-unfriendly it is to clean and change the filter on this Ice Maker. My husband says “ if the designer set out to make this procedure the most difficult of any machine .. he succeeded”. Absolutely no thought to regular maintenance procedure was used when the idiot who designed it and was paid for it! I am putting forth that no oversight was done. By that I mean the designer was not made to perform a regular cleaning and replacement of filter procedure. If anyone purchases this KitchenAid Icemaker after this review obviously can’t read...and deserves the problems ahead of him. Do NOT PURCHASE THIS ICE MAKER!

Original review: April 30, 2019

My ice maker did not work. Tried several service calls to find the problem. Found it after my floors were damaged. The two water lines - one 1/4 inch and one 5/16 have pex elbows at the top - both - were split. You have to look very carefully at the 90 degree elbows but I bet you will see lines running down them. That are not lines they are cracks. Wanna bet Whirlpool knows these are defective and didn't say anything, I would.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Very disappointed in our purchase. 1 1/2 yr old KitchenAid Refrigerator KRFC604FSSOO indoor icemaker malfunctioning. Not making ice or sometimes making ice but then water freezes in ice bin so you can't get ice out. OF course, out of warranty... $300 + dollars to repair. Regret buying the refrigerator for many reasons, this one now tops the list.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

My first under counter ice machine failed 12 months after purchase. KitchenAid replaced it in the summer of 2016. Then in August 2018 the new one began having trouble- still under warranty. The compressor and evaporator failed. Dealing with 30 minute hold times, non-existent follow up and all around horrible customer service at the rep level and 4 levels above since August 2018. KitchenAid certified installer claims they have yet to receive the “expedited” parts. It is now 10/31/2018 and still don’t have an ice maker. Note KitchenAid wouldn’t let me use my own repair company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Had the same model ice maker about 20 years with good service. Finally died and we replaced it with the replacement model. KUIC15NHZSO. The new one lasted about a year until the compressor was out. KitchenAid replaced it under warranty. It lasted about 4 mos but never adequately made ice. Now the warranty repair service has had it for about 8 mos and replaced the compressor 2 x's and numerous other parts. Now they say cannot fix it. It is supposed to be under warranty. Since they cannot fix it they offered to replace it at my expense for $334.00. What is the warranty for?

Shame on them. I have had no service for 1 month the first time under warranty repair and now for 8 mos. All under warranty. And now they expect I should gladly accept their "generous" offer. I will accept the offer for this POS but I will never buy anything with a KitchenAid logo again. And I intend to tell everyone I know how crappy the product and customer service is!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have NEVER owned an appliance in my 60 years I have been so disappointed in. I cannot count the number of times my first ice maker was repaired under warranty. The noise the machine made was so loud, we could not hear the television in the family room. I believe the warranty was 3 years. Because the numerous issues and repairs, my salesman convinced KitchenAid to replace the unit just after the 3 years. Now the second one is broken, a pump and a valve needs replacing, $500!!! No warranty! The product should be pulled from the market. Rapid mold buildup requires cleaning almost monthly. Inexcusable!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Fridge is just over a year and ice maker stopped working. $3500.00 one year. What a joke. KitchenAid didn't even try to fix. Just told me I had to pay for service call... Poor service. Model#krff305ess00. Stay away. Purchase Samsung instead.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Purchased $25000 worth of KitchenAid appliances during a kitchen renovation at our beach house. Undercounter ice maker worked great the first summer... Drained and cleaned it and turned it off for the fall and winter. Turned on in the spring and it worked for a week... then stopped working 3 days out of warranty. Spent over 20 hours and over 15 phone calls with customer service. They sent me the wrong part 4 times... and also sent the part to their "authorized repair center" in Delaware which had been out of business for three years. Talked to 5 supervisors who all said they would handle it. Then purchased an extended warranty only to discover NO ONE IN DELAWARE will accept the warranty. I have never dealt with a company with worse customer service in my life. Didn't have use of the ice maker all summer and it is now sitting in a repair shop while they try to figure out how to fix it. KitchenAid and Whirlpool lost my business for life.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I purchased exactly one year ago a new 27 cu. ft. fridge, KRFF507ESS01. The ice maker simply will not make ice. I have had it serviced 3 times and they simply cannot make it make ice. I spent close to 8 grand on a fridge, stove and dishwasher, all KitchenAid. I would never recommend their products. I have to buy bags of ice and store in freezer. Very disappointed with the product and their follow up service. This is my first complaint ever on ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

3 YEAR OLD BUILT IN KITCHEN AID. ICE MAKER STOPPED WORKING. THIS SO NEW SHOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED. INDICATES POOR QUALITY. Service in a few days. Independent service company not related to Kitchen Aid. This company highly rated. I believe the infrared sensor blew out but after 3 years unbelievable… Maybe a class action if many experienced this.

KitchenAid Icemaker Company Information