Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About KitchenAid Icemaker

Kitchenaid icemakers are available in stainless steel, black, white and panel-ready designs to match existing appliances. An integrated filter removes contaminants from the water, and Clear Ice technology ensures ice is created with uniform results. KitchenAid icemakers are available for purchase online and at selected retail partners.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

KitchenAid Icemaker Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Icemaker?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have NEVER owned an appliance in my 60 years I have been so disappointed in. I cannot count the number of times my first ice maker was repaired under warranty. The noise the machine made was so loud, we could not hear the television in the family room. I believe the warranty was 3 years. Because the numerous issues and repairs, my salesman convinced KitchenAid to replace the unit just after the 3 years. Now the second one is broken, a pump and a valve needs replacing, $500!!! No warranty! The product should be pulled from the market. Rapid mold buildup requires cleaning almost monthly. Inexcusable!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Fridge is just over a year and ice maker stopped working. $3500.00 one year. What a joke. KitchenAid didn't even try to fix. Just told me I had to pay for service call... Poor service. Model#krff305ess00. Stay away. Purchase Samsung instead.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Purchased $25000 worth of KitchenAid appliances during a kitchen renovation at our beach house. Undercounter ice maker worked great the first summer... Drained and cleaned it and turned it off for the fall and winter. Turned on in the spring and it worked for a week... then stopped working 3 days out of warranty. Spent over 20 hours and over 15 phone calls with customer service. They sent me the wrong part 4 times... and also sent the part to their "authorized repair center" in Delaware which had been out of business for three years. Talked to 5 supervisors who all said they would handle it. Then purchased an extended warranty only to discover NO ONE IN DELAWARE will accept the warranty. I have never dealt with a company with worse customer service in my life. Didn't have use of the ice maker all summer and it is now sitting in a repair shop while they try to figure out how to fix it. KitchenAid and Whirlpool lost my business for life.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I purchased exactly one year ago a new 27 cu. ft. fridge, KRFF507ESS01. The ice maker simply will not make ice. I have had it serviced 3 times and they simply cannot make it make ice. I spent close to 8 grand on a fridge, stove and dishwasher, all KitchenAid. I would never recommend their products. I have to buy bags of ice and store in freezer. Very disappointed with the product and their follow up service. This is my first complaint ever on ConsumerAffairs.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

3 YEAR OLD BUILT IN KITCHEN AID. ICE MAKER STOPPED WORKING. THIS SO NEW SHOULD NOT HAVE OCCURRED. INDICATES POOR QUALITY. Service in a few days. Independent service company not related to Kitchen Aid. This company highly rated. I believe the infrared sensor blew out but after 3 years unbelievable… Maybe a class action if many experienced this.

Original review: April 22, 2017

A new KitchenAid ice machine KUID308ESS was purchased June 2016 from Lowe's. A few months later it started to fail and stopped working. It was repaired under warranty. Now a few months later, it is broken again. Same problem as before! Not the tech's fault. Just poor manufacturing flaws and defects. The old machine that was merely upgraded to this new one worked fine for many years. So is it too much to expect some quality when you pay $2400.00? That is a lot of money for a substandard product. Needless to say, this experience has been extremely frustrating. I do not want this machine repaired, because it will probably just break again and the warranty expires in a month. I want a new one that works!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I purchased an undercounter kitchen aid ice machine in Dec. 2015 and this is Oct 2016. It has given me problems from day 1. I have had the repairman out at least 8 times. It still does not fill up with ice, it runs hot, and I have had it turned off more than turned on. My sister bought a Scotsman brand. I wish I had, too. She loves hers!!!

Original review: July 30, 2016

We replaced our ice maker (of 18 years) in October 2015, with a KitchenAid from a well respected appliance store in our community. It worked fine for a few weeks, then it became hot, the ice melted and we called the service person from the store where we purchased the machine. His diagnosis was that the filter was clogged and needed to be replaced. The filter is recommended to be changed every nine MONTHS. The $55 filter was replaced, but the machine still did not work. The repairman then established that the other filter (solenoid) burned out probably because our plumber had not properly cleaned the lines when he installed it. A new part needed to be ordered. Our plumber assured us that he, indeed, had prepared the line correctly.

The part did not reach us until two months later. All matter of excuses were offered from the machine is too new so there are no parts yet, to the part had been shipped and was missing somewhere in Dallas due to the heavy Christmas mail. Finally, in January the part was replaced. The machine worked fine for about 6 weeks when the filter was clogged again. Another $55 filter was replaced. The machine worked for another 6 weeks but a high pitched sound (that we had not heard before) emitted from the machine. We called the repair person again, let him listen to the sound and he said it indicated the pump/filter/solenoid we replaced earlier was again needing to be replaced. It "burned out" the repairman reported because the filter was clogged! We had no warning that the filter was clogged.

It appears we are in the situation of needing to change the filter every month or so at a cost of $55 at least $600 a year (not counting the service earlier service calls). In the nine months we have owned this machine it has been out of order way more than in service. All four major holidays found us needing to buy ice. I am disappointed and disgusted with this purchase. I am also disappointed with the appliance store where it was purchased (Home Brand). We shop there, often at higher prices,because I trusted their recommendations, to support local business, and to have access to their service department. I will be more cautious in the future. I will never buy a KitchenAid product again and will try not to buy anything manufactured by Whirlpool either. I am also alerting my friends and acquaintances.

Original review: June 6, 2016

I had a 6 month nightmare with a KitchenAid French Door Fridge purchased from Sears. I also had purchased an extended warranty. After 6 months of service calls, I finally posted my complaint on FB & BAM! I got a new replacement fridge. Fast forward to present & the replacement is now breaking down. Ice maker stopped. I might still have warranty left - but who cares. I'm NOT jumping through hoops, bickering with CS trying to resolve yet another issue. AND... I'd like to point out to get a appt. you're talking a couple weeks out anyway. KitchenAid is expensive junk made to fail. And no one cares. I'll buy bags of ice before I EVER deal with Sears CS or a rep from KitchenAid. Grandma's stove, fridge & freezer still work after 60 years. I'll never buy another new hunk of junk. I'm going retro - they work, and last forever.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

I just purchased 4 appliances from KitchenAid as I remodeled my kitchen. EVERY SINGLE appliance needed service but more importantly the entire ice maker needs a complete overhaul after 6 months and KA refuses to provide a new one. I have spent 7+ hours in service calls and hours on the phone with Consumer Service but to no avail. They are the worse. I am an attorney and will be filing a lawsuit against KA due to the failed promises to stand by their products. Based upon my reading of complaints similar to mine, perhaps a class action would be appropriate. DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID.

KitchenAid Icemaker Company Information