KitchenAid Cookware
1.32/5

Looking for new cookware?

KitchenAid Cookware

31 KitchenAid Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 29, 2009

I received a Kitchen Aid 10-piece cookware set for Christmas from my parents who live 4 hours away. I registered the products on December 26th online, and on December 27th I removed the cookware from the package and began washing the pots, pans and lids so I could use them. When I was washing the Dutch oven, I noticed that all around the top of the pot (on the rim) was all gouged and scratched. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the frying pan was also damaged, with scratches in the middle of the pan. I grabbed the leaflets of papers that came with the product, where the "Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty" states:

“Thank you for purchasing our cookware. We wish you years of cooking enjoyment. We're confident the quality of KitchenAid cookware meets the highest standards. If you have any problems with your cookware, please contact our Customer Satisfaction Center via the web at kitchenaid.ca or by phone at 1-800-61-6721. We'll respond to your questions promptly. If a pan is found defective during the first year of ownership, we'll send a free replacement pan and will have the defective pan picked up from your home and returned to us for free. All you need to do is take the new pan out of the box, put the old pan in, seal the box and send it back from your front door. Plus, KitchenAid cookware carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty. This means it is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal household use for the lifetime of the cookware.

KitchenAid promises the original purchaser to replace any defective part or item during the warranty period. If the product is out of production, a pan of similar value will be substituted. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, or commercial use. Scratches, stains, discoloration, damage from overheating or damage from use of automatic dishwasher are not covered by this warranty. Incidental or consequential damages are not covered by this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from province to province.”

I called the 1-800 number listed and spoke to a representative. I told him the situation - that I had been given the cookware as a Christmas gift, and what was wrong with the products; and he told me that I would have to ship the products to Montreal. I told him that "that's not what the Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty" states and quoted the warranty. He told me to return the product to where it was purchased along with the receipt. I re-stated to him, "It was a gift. I don't have a receipt." I said to him, "Don't you have to send me the new pans, and then I return these damaged ones in the packaging, like it says in the warranty?"

He says, "That warranty is only for the [United] States. If you live in Canada, you have to send it to Montreal." I said, "Well, that's not what this piece of paper that says ‘Warranty’ written on it says. And if that's the case, then why does it say on the warranty to contact kitchenaid.CA, rather than kitchenaid.COM?" I then asked him, "So if I have to send this to Montreal, who pays for the shipping?" He said, “We would reimburse you the cost of shipping with the sales receipt." I re-stated again, "It was a gift. I don't have a receipt." He told me then I'd have to cover the cost of the shipping, and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get my cookware returned to me. I told him that that was utterly ridiculous and asked then to speak to a supervisor or manager. He took my name and number (even though he already had my name and number) and said that someone would call me back. They haven't.

KitchenAid Cookware Company Information