Keystone MAXX

MAAX
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

MAAX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MAAX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keystone MAXX?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Purchased an Aker KDS 3460 for a bath remodel. At the price point I am disappointed in the quality control.

- The pin system for easy installation did not line up properly and the holes needed to be enlarged causing a sloppy fit.
    - The "feet" on the bottom of the pan section were about 1" too short and did not contact the floor.
    - The fiberglass on the bottom of the pan unit was extremely rough and uneven. The fiberglass on the back of the wall units was smooth and even.

- The flanges on the walls varied by 1/4" from top to bottom.

The overall design of the unit is nice but the above issues made the installation very difficult. If I did not need to get the bathroom back together I would have returned it and bought a different product.

Mike,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide us with the serial number of the unit and your complete information.
    We will verify where the unit was made and the production line.

Also, please let us know how we can make your experience better.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Corner shelf was damaged so I called co. Agent was great. Took information and within a few days new corner shelf was delivered. As installers continued to work on shower they discovered a damaged stationary door. I once again called co and once again agent was great. Told me no problem and within a couple of days door arrived. Dealing with this co was wonderful. Other than a little inconvenience they were great. Definitely would order from them again.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Ordered 3 Utile shower walls for a bathroom renovation that we have been saving for a long time. After bathroom was torn apart and ready for installer and preliminary work had been done, the tiles were about to be installed. We found out that we had 2 tiles the correct color and one completely different color. Contacted them immediately 2 days ago and have been going back and forth. They have FINALLY decided to send another tile the correct color but it will be almost a 3 week wait. (It should have been on its way 2 days ago). We have no shower in our house due to this incompetence. Somehow, they don't seem to care or they would have it expedited to me.

Good morning Glenda,

We are sorry about the inconvenience.
      Please provide us with your reference number or your information in order to find your file.

We will then see why it takes 3 weeks to deliver and see how we can help.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I replaced my shower with the exact shower that was previously in the space (I needed it out of the way for another reason). The kit came with a MAAX no-caulk shower drain, and the installation diagram provided showed the gaskets being installed in the wrong location.. This led to a leak into the floor and wall that went unnoticed for months. I now have to replace the shower (again), and repair the water damage. The installation instructions are crap. If MAAX can't even provide correct instructions for install, think about the quality of the product. Buy something else.

Good morning Jake,
      We are sorry for the inconvenience and damage that occur.
      Can you please provide us with your complete information and also the information of the base your received.

We will then see what miss-inforamtion we have on the guides and how we can help.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Updated on 09/03/2020: Per MAAX's request...

- They have sent their preferred vendor to do a report and pictures months ago.

- We have provided detailed/itemized reports with pricing and project specs from the original installer of the tub, as well as dozens of pictures.

They consistently have a new rep respond back for us to send the same information again... we have done this 4 times and all we get back is please resend the same data!!! This tub was for my special needs son, I believed the product claims on the MAAX website and am sorry to say I am one of many with a cracking MAAX tub for which the company will not reimburse to have a new replacement tub installed. I will continue to fight for our consumer rights to be heard.

Updated on 08/18/2020: Per my previous review of the MAAX tub cracking in less than 2 years... MAAX said they would contact me on 8/10, eight days later I have not received any phone call or email. I would NOT recommend any MAAX product due to lack of quality, poor customer service and the absolute refusal to stand behind their product and pay for the entire replacement process.

Original review: Our MAAX tub started cracking less than two years after installed and all Maax will do is reimburse for the cost of the tub. Obviously someone has to remove the tub and install a new one yet Maax doesn’t stand by their product enough to do the logical and smart customer service thing and pay for the entire replacement process. We have two more bathrooms to remodel and they have lost a customer for life!

Good morning Marla,

We are sorry for the inconvience. Maax's warranty stand with the unit and the parts sold.
      Maax is not responsible for transport, installation or re-installation as stated in our warranty.

However, please send us the information of your unit and your information in order to find your file and see how we can help.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: July 10, 2020

So I bought and installed a acrylic shower base. And installed base walls, door, drywall completely finished. Homeowners were completely satisfied. Then I get a call. The Homeowner sat down to shave her legs. When she noticed a crack in the base. So I go look at it and sure enough a crack. Called the manufacturer telling them about it. To which they replied, "We can send you a new base." I then asked if they could send someone out to look at it and possibly repair. "No we can't fix that model."

Really that's the hardest part to replace 3-4 days ripping out new walls, tile surround and material costs. Yup and, "Sorry we can't help with any of them costs." In other words I am out a lot of time and money because of this product. I don't understand how a company can have a product that is this expensive to replace and no way to repair. At least eat some of the repair costs. Instead they want to give me a $10-20 their cost new pan and say good luck.

Good morning Brian,
      We are very sorry about the inconvenience.
      Can you please provide me with the unit information and your information so I can find the file opened at Maax?
      Some unit unfortunately, because of the way they are manufactured, cannot be repaired.

Yet, we will definetly see the best way to help you and to avoid you delays and costs.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: June 7, 2020

My contractor damaged the first tub and so replaced it-Second tub had too many leaks to repair. Third tub of installed and sitting because no factory rep will contact plumber d/t leaks. Please call me MAAX!

Good morning Jennifer,
      Please send us your complete information and also the serial number of the unit.
      We will verify your file with us and we will contact you as fast as possible.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: May 11, 2020

Both of the 36 SKD showers that were installed in our house are leaking on to the outside wall because of the same at the base. It is impossible to keep the wall and the floor outside the shower dry. We have had three plumbers and one shower specialist review the problem. They have tried caulking several times but the problem continues. In my opinion this is a defective product.

Good morning Kristin,
      Is it possible to give us your complete contact information and information on the units (serial numbers)?
      The shower is not supposed to leak behind the unit. The only ways are if the unit is cracked or if the silicone was not put between each side at the installation.
      Putting sillicone after the fact could help but is is not the solution, the shower will need to be reinstalled.
      We will however send a service technician to confirm.

Resolution response: June 1, 2020

Maax was very quick to respond. After discussing the problem with their technical support agent, I was offered a free replacement of the wall pieces, shipped to me at no cost. I also received some advice on the type of adhesive to use, advice which should be included in the installation manual. Although we are now confronted with the inconvenience of replacing the walls, I feel that the company did its best to resolve the issue, especially since the unit was well out of warranty.

Original review: May 10, 2020

We were quite happy with this unit until... The unit developed a crack in the wall starting from the opening for the control. The Maax agent that we spoke with said that the unit is not intended for an unheated space, and it is the responsibility of the retailer to inform the customer. We disagree. That is completely unreasonable, especially when ordering online. The warning should be in the online product description, when a consumer is making a choice. Anytime other than that is too late. We have the original manual. NOWHERE does it say that the shower is not intended for use in an unheated space. We are now faced with inconvenience and a troublesome and likely costly repair. NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Good morning Lennard,

Thank you for your new review, it is very much appreciated.

If you have any questions or issues, please let us know.

Have a great day,

Original review: April 24, 2020

We recently purchased a Utile corner shower and were quite happy with it at first as it looked nice and was functional. Within a couple months we noticed the shower leaking where the wall meets the base of the shower. After re-cauling it with Mono Ultra Silicone and letting it dry for 3 weeks it stared leaking again within a couple days. I was able to easily pull up the entire length of silicone that I had installed. We cannot seem to get the silicone to stick to the shower base and wall. Feeling disappointed and ripped off at this point. Looking for any suggestions.

Good morning Rick,
      We are verry sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please send your contact information and the information of the shower.
      We will verify the opened file and see how we can help you in the best way possible.

MAAX Company Information