Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Keystone MAXX

MAAX
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

MAAX Reviews

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Installed the Cyrene Shower enclosure a couple of years ago, and the part of the handle that the set screw goes in was stripped, therefore the screw won't stay in and the handle just falls off. After trying for months to find something to fix this, finally contacted Maax and was told without a receipt they could not help. Sent proof of purchase in September, and still have not heard back. Having a $600.00 shower stall that looks tacky with no handles is frustrating.

Good morning Elizabeth,
        I am sorry about the inconvenience and delays. Have you called us after you have sent your invoice?
        Proof of purchase is always required in order for warranty.
        If you have sent the invoice, we warranty our products and we can send you the parts you need.
        Can you please provide us with your complete information(Name, address, phone number and email)

We will search within our system and get back to you with what we received up to date.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Poor design. Stationary door should fit into a fixed u-shaped track and not held by small weak pegs that did not hold. Shower Door Handle knob had a weak spot in the metal and broke. Now am having trouble finding one to replace it.

Harold,

We are sorry for the inconvenience and that the instructions are hard to follow.
        Can you please give the information of your door (model / serial number) ?
        We will also need your information so that we can get in contact.
        How old is your unit as we have all the parts available for our doors?
        Have you contacted the technical service? Parts are warrantied 10 years so it will be our pleasure to send you replacement on the parts that didn't hold.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Shower door exploded for no reason. While enjoying our morning coffee my wife and I heard what sounded like a small explosion coming from the back of our house. Upon further examination, we discovered that our brand new shower door had exploded into 1 million pieces… Thankfully no one was hurt. Since we googled this issue with this manufacture, we discovered that this issue has been happening to many consumers since 2014 and most recently of course ours and another one last month… What the hell is going on with this company?

Good morning,

We are sorry for the inconvenience and delay. Please provide us with your complete contact information and the information on the product ( serial number, model number ). Our door's department will then get in contact with you.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Summer 2018 we were excited to finally be renovating our 20 year old bathroom, which was functional with no leaks, but dated. I loved the easy installation and maintenance promised by MAXX and their Utile product. We purchase the "New" Utile Tub/Shower and also their recommended New Town tub. We hired a very experienced contractor who had the year previous renovated our whole basement with kitchen, bathroom (including walk-in floor to ceiling tile shower), flooring, drywall, etc. and 3 years later no problems. MAXX markets Utile as a do it yourself project. This was a very seasoned contractor with hundreds of bathtub installs to his credit. Within a couple of months of the install I noticed that the drywall on one exterior corner where the tub and Utile wall met the paint was bubbling off the drywall. We have a curved shower curtain rod so no water is going on to the outside corner of the bathtub and puddling.

With further investigation I noticed that the caulking was not sticking to the tub. I called my contractor. He removed the old silicone, applied new and fixed the drywall and paint. It was good for about 4 months then I started to have a leak on both exterior corners where the Utile and tub met. I called MAXX this time and they had a service technician take a look. The tech reported back to MAXX and then neither of us heard from them for a month. I had the tech follow up with MAXX and they said they had spoken to me, which was not true. I called MAXX and the customer service rep said they had determined that it was not a warranty issue. He said the contractor must have used the wrong or bad silicone. I asked if there was a specific silicone that you should be using and he said only 100% silicone and to keep trying different ones until we found one that worked.

I said we had tried 2 brand new tubes of 100% silicone and so far neither had worked. He also said that the tub is shiny so to use wet sandpaper and rough up the area and then clean with alcohol and see if the silicone will stick then. I told him that there is obviously a defect with their product if silicone won't stick and that they should be taking responsibility for the damage under warranty. This is supposed to be a dyi project! He said he would report it to his Manager. I asked if I could have his Managers name and ext., he said he wasn't in the office and he would pass it on. I asked if I could have his name and ext and he said that he didn't have one and that there are 5 C/S reps that just move around desks. This has ended up being a huge disappointment and expense which is still ongoing over 1 year later.

Good morning Cheryl,

Please send us your complete information and the information of the unit you have, serial numbers of the tub and of the walls.
          From the pictures installed it seems the water is getting betwen the wall and the tub.
          With your information, we will send a service technician to inspect the unit.

We have been on the market fot 50 years, if this is a manufacturing issue, we do take care of our costumers.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

It's been 2 years since we installed the MAAX Cyrene Corner Shower, purchased from Home Hardware. Simply put the drain leaks under the tub base. Faulty design.... the drain ring fails to seal properly around the PVC pipe, particularly when the base flexes. We have to rip it out and replace in our tenant suite. Not worth the hassle or wasted contractor $$... don't be lured by the value price. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Good afternoon Richard,
          We are sorry for the inconvenience that this causes.
          Can you please provide us with your information and the information of the unit?

The service department for the shower kits will then contact you to see how we can help.

Have a great day

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keystone MAXX?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My parents purchased the Utile surround, along with the Maax tub and doors. Followed instructions for drilling and installing faucets through surround, which offsets them 2 inches from tub drain and overflow. Customer service was no help (claiming instructions are just generalization and I shouldn't have followed, then saying plumbing wasn't done properly, and every other excuse he could come up with) and beyond rude telling me to take it up with Lowes as it was not a warranty or service problem. This one one of 3 kits purchased to remodel 3 bathrooms in a 1950's home, and the other two kits are now getting returned to lowes.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My builder contractor just installed a MAAX Daylight shower 36in x 36in x 72. The shower door does not latch for showering nor is there any kind of latch system available. How will your customer service rectify this situation?

Good morning Cindy,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
          Please provide us with your contact information so we can open a service request.

The door divison will then contact you in order to help you in the best way possible.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Just remodeled the entire bathroom about a month ago, and put on a MAAX tub door. Was showering. My daughter closed the door to go to the other side, and as it touches the other wall it shatters in my hand all over my daughter and me. I can't imagine having one of kids shut the shower door and me not have been there. There are nice large chunks cut out of the brand new Jacuzzi tub that we had installed as well. Not happy about this door, and it doesn't seem to be an uncommon occurrence.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Cyrene shower. Horrible product. We complained to Maax after the installation that the drain protruded from the shower and the water did not drip. We were told that was normal. 1 year after installation we are obliged to demolish it. The drain flooded the base. I lose a new shower and I have to redo the installation.

Good morning Maxime,

We are very sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please give us your contact information so that our shower kit department can contact you.

We need to have all the information necessary in order to know on how to help you best.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

A couple of years ago we purchased & installed a MAAX corner shower. We've had good success with it so when we were looking for a tub surround we looked at MAAX again. We purchased a MAAX Panama 59" Tub Surround at Home Depot a while ago. When we tried to install it the corner panel edges where it overlaps the flat panels wouldn't come any closer than about 1/4" away from the wall. Looks like they were warped out. This left a large gap the full length of the overlap that would have looked terrible had we tried to fill it. Contacted MAAX & they sent us out replacement corners no questions asked. They arrived a few days later.

The problem is one of them isn't square. Looks like it was cut crooked so when I tried to install it to get it flat against one wall I have to leave a unacceptable gap at the bottom around the corner. The edge on the other panel isn't cut straight. It looks like they tried to cut it with a straight edge & knife but part way down the straight edge slipped. After reading these reviews I'm starting to think we lucked out with the shower & that our Tub Surround experience is closer to the norm. Next week I'm off to buy a different one. Hopefully I can find one the same colour so I don't have to replace the flat panels.

Good morning Dale,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and delay you had because of the faulty products.
          Is it possible to give me your phone number and information so that our service technicians can contact you?

We will then do our best to help you in the best possible way.

Thank you, for your time and patience,

MAAX Company Information