MAAX
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Keystone MAXX

44 MAAX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2018

I recently bought this supposedly "new" tub and shower kit. Menards forklifted the sealed package onto my truck. Next day I uncrated the product and cleaned the white powder off the surface. I found some dull rough spots. Upon closer looking there were sandpaper marks around which appeared to be a spray painted area. there was also a lot of dry overspray on that end of the tub.

Upon looking on the underside I discovered a repaired area which was obviously done after the tub came out of the mold. There were chips in the bottom edge of the tub also and some of it was dabbed in with white paint. the wall surround had some deep scratches also that were too deep to wet sand and buff out. This product should of been sold as a factory refurbished item. Even at that the spot job was done very poorly. Looking at the below picture you can clearly see the resin applied on the edge of the grinder marks. It is obviously they ground the fiberglass to smooth it for the overflow but ground thru the surface also and then aerosol canned the top side to try and hide the mistake! I can only wonder if this company has any form of quality control/inspections of its products?

They were prompt about wanting to send a painter out to repaint the problem but as a former car painter, I can tell you that putting paint on top of a fiberglass gel coat is not going to be the same and it is going to be prone to easily chipping off worse than the ultra thin coat from factory to begin with. I opted to return this factory second back to Menards as inspecting this product closely and see how easily they chipped the coat off the edges at factory, I could tell this product would not hold up over the years! When I finally got thru to customer service, they said they would contact Menards to make sure they had another replacement on hand. I don't think they ever did.

I called back a second time to verify the previous phone call and got a different agent. I explained same stuff. Later got a call from the repair painter, which I did not agree to in the first place and he said he would call MAAX to close the case as I was returning to Menards due to the fact it was not installed yet. Prompt actions by MAAX customer service but still does not excuse the product quality! Menards refunded my money. I ordered a different brand and got the same crap again! This time it is from the Kohler company! I wonder if Maax and Kohler/Sterling use the same manufacturer as both products I got the signature aerosol can repair technique used? My word of advice to everyone: open the boxes at the place you buy them and do not have them shipped to your home.

MAAX response

Good morning Garrett! We are really sorry to hear you have not been satisfied with our product. I can assure you that quality is really important to us and we focus a lot on it. If you could provide us with your Maax reference # or serial #, we would be pleased to investigate and have the situation resolved to avoid it in the future. Thank you very much for your collaboration and have a great day!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 16, 2018

I purchased the MAAX Athena 42"x 34" Corner Door and Base Shower Kit at Menards and have experienced several problems. The bottom tracks that are supposed to hold the glass walls in place will not stay in place. We have replaced the silicone sealant several times yet still will not hold. The glass panels are very heavy and unstable with just silicone holding it in place. We cannot let guests use our guest bathroom because we have to use the shower with kid gloves, opening the door gently and watching to make sure nothing gets dislodged. The base has a waffle like styrofoam support system, it feels spongy already. Very disappointing.

MAAX response

Good morning Sherry! We are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a product that meets your satisfaction. We have a very dedicated Technical support that will be pleased to assist you. You can contact us at 1-877-438-6229 OPT 2+1. Thank you!

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We have used our MAAX collection jet tub since we built our home in 2007. The jet tub has performed excellent but we have never been able to remove the jet tub cover for proper cleaning. There is no instructions on how to remove in the manual or online. Though we scrub through the grill with a small brush there has been a green film in the intake that we cannot remove. Maax collection if there is a way we would appreciate communication.

MAAX response

Good morning Larry! If you could contact us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2+2, we will be pleased to provide you the required information. Thank you very much for your interest and have a great day!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I recently went to RONA-Nanaimo and purchased a MAAX Corinthia II bathtub and MAAX UTILE Thunder Grey Tub wall set. I purchased these together because that is what the display and salesperson told me worked together. I placed the order on May 18, 2018. Salesperson said it would be in on May 28th. I called on May 28th and was told that it would be another week. It arrived on June 5th. My contractor installed the bathtub yesterday. They tried to dry-fit the Tub walls as per the installation instructions today. I was a little concerned when in the wall instructions, it didn't list the tub that was sold to us with the wall set. The contractor said that if RONA sold it together then it must work together.

When you put the back wall of the set in place, the tub is 3/4" too small for the wall. There is no way to fit the wall properly and squarely because clearly this tub is not compatible with the wall set. I returned the wall set to my local store. They did refund my money, however, I am now stuck with a tub that I wouldn't normally choose unless I was using the Utile wall system because we already configured the plumbing to fit this tub. I am now having to choose something else as a solution for my tub surround because this wall system doesn't work. This could be a significant increase in cost of a relatively simple project.

I've wasted time and money with a contractor. I have a flooring person coming in next week to install flooring and I wanted all the messy tub install done first so as not to be dragged around on my new floor. I am beyond frustrated of having this completely not work and travel back and forth to the store to return these very HEAVY walls. Why is RONA selling these two products together as a set if they are not listed as compatible with each other by the manufacturer? I would like to be contacted at the number above with some explanation for why this has happened.

MAAX response

Good morning Sarah! We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience. Unfortunately, you were mislead during your purchase of your unit as the Corinthia II is not listed as one of the tub that can fit with the Utile walls. As we have discussed with you on another Web Platform, we did contact the store to inform them about the situation and make sure they contact us whenever they are not sure about an information. Thank you!

Original review: May 22, 2018

After years of having only an old fashioned cast iron bathtub with a makeshift shower curtain and a rubber mat to keep from slipping, our contractor installed a Aker MAAX KDS shower stall. Their website lists a “Textured Floor” that they claim is “Anti-Slip”. Aker Maax also boasts in their literature that “This is a product that does exactly what you want it to do”. IT DOES NOT! This is an inflated claim by Aker MAAX. I sincerely doubt that it meets the ASTM F462 safety spec for slip resistance as they claim on their website.

We wanted to be safe in our shower and were concerned about slipping. The contractor rightfully stated that Aker MAAX listed the unit as having an anti-slip base. While the base is textured it is far from “Anti-Slip”. The textured surface is finished with a glossy surface that eliminates whatever benefits Aker MAAX was trying to achieve with a texture. After spending over $5,000 to remove the old tub with a mat, we are left with a unit that requires us to place on foot on the drain for traction and hold on to the safety bar with one hand and try to shower with the other. The Aker MAAX rep’s suggestion? Use a mat, but remove it after each use. Ridiculous! That’s what we had!

At this point we are waiting for our contractor to come up with a solution. There is a $5,000+ unused safety hazard in our bathroom where a brand new functioning shower unit should be. Aker MAAX has so far been pretty much useless in regards to any resolution. On a minor note the unit also has a tiny inadequate spot to set your soap. The soap bar slips right off. There’s nowhere to set your shampoo. The seat is slippery and combined with the slippery floor there’s no way to keep yourself from slipping off. Aker MAAX seems to brag about how good they are on their website. They need to step up their game.

Good day Tom,

We are really sorry to hear about your situation and as always we are concerned about our customer's satisfaction. If you would like to call me at 1-877-438-6229 or provide us with any file# that you may have regarding your situation, we would definitely investigate on your issue and do everything we can to improve your experience. Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keystone MAXX?

Original review: May 3, 2018

We purchased the Hana Neo-Angle 3838 shower door from Menards. The glass panels WILL NOT stay in the wall jambs. The panels and door are very heavy glass pieces and the panels are supposed to be held in the wall jambs by inserting a plastic gasket. The gasket keeps pushing back out and the glass panels will not stay in the jambs. I'm very disappointed in this design and have no confidence in this shower. I called customer support and she suggested putting the gaskets on the glass panels first then place in the jambs. We had everything put together and soon after the door was placed the panel came away from the wall again. I need to return this item, but considering it's from Canada I would imagine my chances are slim to none.

Good day Jacy,

I have seen you have been dealing with one of our agent and was wondering if we came to a solution that satisfies you. Do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do. Thank you!

Original review: April 21, 2018

Firstly we ordered the product (Magnolia Round) through Home Depot in brushed nickel, it showed up, 3 weeks late, in chrome. Secondly the mounting hardware is far too light duty to reliably handle the weight of the heavy glass panels, you will be adjusting the rollers constantly to maintain a seal on the dual doors which is a tedious and VERY finicky process! Third the screws which mount the fixed panels to the wall flanges might as well be plastic as they are certainly not of adequate strength for use on metal, I broke two of the six BY HAND before discarding the rest and using number 6x 1/2" self taping duct screws.

Fourth the blocks for the bottom door guides and threshold are far too light duty with an extreme lack of securement, the instructions recommend silicone which does not last longer than a couple functions of the doors. I was able to successfully bond them using a waterproof construction adhesive but I doubt it will hold for long. Finally the cost of these shower kits is astronomically high for the general quality of the product, if you can find them at a 50% discount that would be more along the lines of a FAIR price but still a little high.

Good day Nathan,

We are really concerned about our customer's satisfaction. If you would like to call me at 1-877-438-6229 or provide us with any file# that you may have regarding your situation, we would definitely investigate on your issue and do everything we can to improve your experience. Thank you!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I placed a special order through Menards for a Maax 48" Brushed Nickel Shower Door. The door arrived within a week. I paid to have the door installed and when I came home I found a Dark Bronze shower door installed instead of Brushed Nickel. I checked the labels on the box and my original order. Maax had incorrectly labeled their box at the factory. I called Maax and filed a warranty claim. The first customer service rep was friendly and helpful getting my claim filed. When I called back to check on my claim I was very disappointed with the CSR and her solution to my issue.

The rep told me that my contractor should have realized he was installing the wrong color door. She instructed me to have the doors taken down and then return them to the store where I purchased it. I told her that I would now have to pay to have the doors removed and reinstalled. She said she "didn't know what I wanted Maax to do about that". I was told that once I return the door and the store acknowledges the return. Maax will then review my claim to process a replacement door. This process was going to take them 11-14 days for review. Once the review was completed they would issue the new shower door to ship, which is another week. VERY DISAPPOINTED with Maax especially considering the amount I spent on these special order doors and the Maax Orchestra bathtub I purchased. Thankfully Menards is trying to help get this expedited.

Good day Bobby!
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we totally understand your point. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can and we always stand behind our product. I will be pleased to assist you if you want to reach me at 1-877-438-6229. You can also provide me with your file # so I can investigate on it and understand why it wasn't simple as it should be. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I recently installed a MAAX tub shower door set (model #105409). I have NEVER seen such POOR QUALITY in any product. The doors are very flimsy, towel barb is ridiculous... did I mention the bottom rack? There is a small plastic track that attaches to the bottom for the doors to slide across and they give you a couple of tiny pieces of double sided tape to hold it in place. Are you seriously people...how long do you think that tiny tape will stay in place with moisture and water? Let me tell you how long... one second after you hang the doors to try to slide them.

The bottom track is not even wide enough for both doors...even on the lowest setting on the rollers on top, the space at the bottom is so high the water pours out between the shower doors and the bottom track. This was ordered from a plumbing company!!! I would have got a better shower door at JOB LOT, the old BUILDING 19, BIG LOTS or any other junk store. Paid over $200 for the doors not counting installation... Now I have to take it down and buy another shower door set from a different company. STAY AWAY FROM MAAX... it is JUNK.

Good day Raymond!
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we totally understand your point. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can and we always stand behind our product. I will be pleased to assist you if you want to reach me at 1-877-438-6229. Thank you for your honest feedback, we deeply appreciate each one as a way to constantly improve.

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Bought a Maax Bath and Surround from Regina, (an hour away). After getting it home and opening it, there was a piece of paper stating to go "online" for installation instructions. There were none online. I emailed the company and they sent them the next day. I opened the surround and noticed there was a dent and hole in one of the shelves. I took pictures, scanned the bill and sent it to the company. I wanted to know what to do with it because there was also a piece of paper in there that said "Do not return this product to the store". After a few emails back and forth I mentioned that my shower is not useable and could we get this sorted out ASAP. That was March 1st.

March 5th I returned the Tub Surround back to the store and bought a different one at a different store. I had to borrow a truck again and drive the hour to and from the store in Regina. March 6th I finally received an email from Maax asking which side I needed. I emailed back and told them it was no longer required because I couldn't wait any longer and returned it. As of today, Mar 14th I have not received any comment from them. If my bathtub hadn't have been installed at the time, I would have returned that too. I get so tired of businesses bragging about customer service, and then they let you down. I was impressed with how quickly they sent me the installation instructions, but then it went downhill from there. So, I will spread the word about my experience with Maax and hopefully save someone else the aggravation of trying to deal with them.

Good day Dwaine!

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: March 11, 2018

We had our basement bathroom redone and it was completed in July of 2016. Our son moved home in December and that's when we found out the shower leaks. The plumber who installed came and did some siliconing. It still leaked. We cut out the drywall and did more silicone. Thought we had stopped the leak. Had the drywall fixed. It still leaks. It's not the plumbing or the pipes. It's the shower itself. We are ready to rip it out and throw it away. It leaks at the outside edge where the base meets the glass and wall panels. Any ideas? Any warranty? Very frustrated.

Good day Laurie!
We are really sorry for the inconvenience and MAAX will be pleased to revise your situation. We always honor the warranty of our products and we will be pleased to assist you. You can call us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2+2 and provide us with your Maax serial #.

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We bought a new build that has MAAX tubs inside of it. The upstairs master's is now leaking. The fiberglass floor has cracked and chipped, and has been deemed a defective floor from the manufacturer. Here's the catch, they want to repair a tub that has only been in for 3 months instead of replacing it.

Good day Ashton!
We are really sorry for the inconvenience and MAAX will be pleased to revise your situation. We always honor the warranty of our products and we preferably go with a repair whenever it is possible to avoid any labor/time consuming on the customer's side. You can call us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2+2 or provide us with your Maax reference file # so we can find your information to reach you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I purchased a MAAX Shower Door and had it installed a little over 10 years ago. It started to sag a few weeks ago and after taking it apart, I saw that the partially plastic hinges (for a 50+ lb glass door!), were breaking apart. When I contacted the company, I was horrified to learn that they did not have replacement parts. A consumer has a legitimate expectation that a shower door will last 20+ years with careful use and that replacement parts are available should something fail. It is a truly irresponsible company. The only thing they are concerned with was the expired warranty. If they were a professional outfit, they would have sourced or manufactured the replacement parts I needed. The cost of removing, buying a new door, having it delivered and installed is non-trivial. The company's attitude is reason enough for consumers to completely avoid it.

Good day Nicholas!
We are really sorry for the inconvenience and MAAX will be pleased to revise your situation. We always honor the warranty of our products and if unfortunately the parts are being discontinued by our supplier, we always manage to find a solution to have our customer's satisfaction. You can call us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2+2 or provide us with your Maax reference file # so we can find your information to reach you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I purchased a Rubix bathtub and the experience has been horrific. The bathtub was built out of spec and came warped and not level. Not only did I received a defective one, but THREE! It's unbelievable that a company would keep sending out defective products and even after the third defective one would only offer to send out another replacement.

Good day Anon!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We had an issue with our Aker by MAAX shower base that was installed in our new construction home. The top layer was separated from the base layer and was deemed not repairable and the company gave us a "demolish" credit to the supplier where the tub was purchased from. Essentially, if you have an issue with your MAAX product, they'll give you the cost of the item, but good luck replacing all of the tile surround, shower door, etc. yourself. I would be cautious buying one of these, or having one installed as part of a new construction, because it will be your problem.

Good day Brian!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Do not buy anything from this company, we had MAAX tubs installed when we built our new house and less than 3 years later our whirlpool tub started to leak. After going online and reviewing the warranty MAAX says you must file all warranty work through the supplier. After waiting 3 months to get any word back from the supplier, we waited that long because the supplier stated it takes months for MAAX to reply. A MAXX repairman came out and looked at the tub and we were told that that part was not cover with the warranty and that he would not fix it even if we purchased the replacement part, a jet head. We received a replacement tub by working with supplier. Then MAAX shipped the wrong tub which took weeks to come in. When we finally received the correct tub weeks later plumber could not get it to work. The supplier would not even take the tub back but again filed the warranty paper work.

Over a month latter MAAX contacted us and said the part would be here in 2 days. Two months later we still did not have the part so we filled a BBB complaint and received nothing but excuses from MAAX. Over a month later we were contacted by their POS repairman who came out and looked at the tub and stated a hose was missing and then accused us of taking the hose off. We let the idiot know we did not even open the package the plumber did. The he let us know he did not have a 3 foot hose and suggested we should go online and purchase it. We told him to go find one, we are still waiting for him to return to fix this tub. It has been over a year that we have fought with the supplier and MAAX. We finally went out and purchased a Jacuzzi tub and had it installed and the POS MAAX tub is in our garage still not fixed.

Good afternoon Richard!

We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we totally understand your point. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can. We have a maximum delay of 24 to 48 hours when we receive the claims by email and over the phone we can act immediately. I will be pleased to assist you if you want to reach me at 1-877-438-6229. Thank you for your honest feedback, we deeply appreciate each one as a way to constantly improve

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I purchased a MAAX Cyrene shower at Rona. To start with, the surround is unbelievably thin, comparable to packaging found in products. I could literally squeeze it with my fingers and damage it. I decided to simply tile instead of using the cheap surround. Next I installed the base, it was very flimsy and noisy. I was certain there would be issues with leaking given the sponginess of the base, clearly a poor quality product, my next step was to remove it and return it to Rona. The Rona rep said they have had problems with the MAAX products, which led me to ask why they would still continue selling products they know to be problematic? I will never purchase another MAAX product again. I should also mention I spoke with the MAAX tech support a few times, that was a colossal waste of my time.

Good morning Steve!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Purchased a MAAX Figaro 1 tub/shower from Menards in Brainerd MN. When I purchased it at the store I was shown the picture from the Menards website. This was the unit I wanted since I had purchased one several years back when I built a home. I installed the unit 3/4 of the way into the framing before I remove the cardboard covering the front of the unit. (I left the cardboard on to protect the unit getting it into the house and to the bathroom since this is a remodel I am doing). After removing the cardboard I noticed the layout of the towel bar and shelf were not the same as the picture of the unit I saw at Menards when I ordered it. I checked out the MAAX website and it showed the same unit that Menards had. The towel bar and shelf is lower on both website pictures. The one they sent me has the towel bar and shelf at 31 inches from the bottom of the tub.

How the hell are you suppose to reach the towel bar if you are sitting in the tub? I contacted MAAX customer support about this. The guy I spoke with was rude and told me that this is the spec for this tub. I explained to him that the website picture is what I expected when I ordered this unit. He all but told me is what we sent you is what you get. I have been dealing with this issue with Menards and MAAX since Monday with no resolution in sight yet. Menards is dragging their feet on this and Maxx is not willing to replace the unit with what the website shows. My MAAX case # is **. MAAX is ripping people off with a misrepresentation of their product line on their website and their vendors’ websites. DO NOT BUY MAAX products.

Good morning Tom!

We are really sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can. In the future, you can contact us directly for much quicker response and resolution at 1-877-438-6229. Thank you for your honest feedback, we deeply appreciate each one as a way to constantly improve.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

We bought the Maax "Elan" 59" acrylic 5-panel tub surround because it was supposedly the best (even though it cost 3 times as much as a similar product). It took a couple of weeks to arrive (this, in the middle of what has turned into a major bathroom renovation - we've been without a shower for 4 weeks now, and it STILL isn't over). When we opened the box, we discovered that the 3 flat panels were all broken - each was missing a corner. We also discovered that the 3 flat panels were slightly different sizes (all different in length, the most critical dimension), and none were actually rectangular. All three had to be custom cut to make them square-cornered, rectangular, and the same length. Then, we discovered that neither of the 2 corner pieces were 90 degrees. The left corner was fairly close, but the right one is almost 20 degrees out of square, bowing out almost 2" in the middle.

Nonetheless, I followed the installation instructions to the letter, using the correct adhesive. To try to deal with the warp, I used a complex system of wood & steel braces to hold the gap closed in the warped panel. After 24 hours curing time, the warped corner instantly sprung loose, pulling the glue off the wall, and resulting in a 3” long gap (over 1" wide in the middle of the seam) in the vertical overlapping seam. Ripping the whole thing off & throwing it away isn't realistic, as new waterproof drywall would be required (again), and the expense has become prohibitive. Needless to say, I'm not impressed with my $300 investment for the Maax surround. I may have to resort to using a dozen screws to hold the panel edge down, which would be ugly, but we can't go another 4 weeks without a shower, or afford yet another tub surround kit.

MAAX response

Good morning Mike! We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can. In the future, you can contact us directly for much quicker response and resolution at 1-877-438-6229. Thank you for your honest feedback, we deeply appreciate each one as a way to constantly improve.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

MAAX Utile shower system - Do NOT buy this product!!! We purchased this product from Menards and it has been a nightmare from the start. The fiberglass walls were extremely warped, most likely a defect in the manufacturing process. It took three people eight hours to install the three shower walls. That's 24 man hours! Until we removed a 2x6 in the new wall that was installed specifically per the instructions, we could not get the the side panel to conform to the back panel. This severe warp prevented us from using the Maax shower door because the door frames were too rigid. We took it back and purchased a Sterling door with flexible door frames.

The severe warping also made installing the corner shelf extremely difficult, requiring us to use rubber washers to align the screw holes properly. However, the threads on one of the specialty screws were defective and would not screw into the specialty bracket, requiring us to use glue to keep it in. This project alone should have taken 30 minutes, but ended up taking two hours! Ridiculous. We are cabin and homeowners and have tackled many home improvement projects over the years, and hands down, this is the worst product we have ever dealt with. We feel the company should pay us for the number of hours we spent trying to make this system work. Again I say, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

Good day!
We are really sorry for the inconvenience and will be pleased to discuss regarding the situation. You can reach us at 1-877-438-6229 Opt 2+ 2.

Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

We recently purchased the Olympia Round Shower Kit from Menards. We installed it exactly to the instructions which took time to understand - not detailed enough but felt confident because everything was level and worked great for about 2 weeks. One evening I heard a loud explosion of what sounded like rain from the bathroom. I went in to investigate and found that the large stationary piece of the glass enclosure spontaneously exploded and broke into a million little pieces. It flew everywhere! It was on top of a tall cabinet, in the sink, toilet, and flew into the bedroom. The glass door was hanging on only because there was a wall there to support it or that would have broken too. No one was in the bathroom or using the shower at that time so I was glad because no injuries happened.

We called the company which requested the serial number which we didn't have because it was on the packaging but accepted the receipt which was only 6 weeks old and requested pictures. They did send us the replacement parts but we are now having trouble installing it because it's just not lining up like it should. The door isn't closing properly and it's not leveling.

We are extremely frustrated and scared this will happen again. What if it does? What if we are in the shower this time? What do we do now? Are we stuck with this faulty system? Not sure what to do at this point. When we called the company they seemed surprised this happened but upon reading the other reviews I feel they probably weren't very surprised. This is a very dangerous system and you should seriously consider not buying this system if the glass is this unreliable.

Good day!
We are really sorry for the inconvenience and will be pleased to assist you and make your Maax experience better. You can call us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2+1.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

This product has been a nightmare since day one. We are installing a Maax Olympia round shower base and door The base is super cheap--thin plastic with Styrofoam underneath. The surround seems fine and is fiberglass. The door? All I can say is DO NOT buy this! DO NOT! The installation guide leaves much out and some of the steps make no sense and it seems that it would be more logical to have the sequence different. However, we are following the directions exactly and having a lot of problems. I called the helpline twice. The second call was answered by an obvious misogynist and he was incredibly snarky. One step I figured out that the support bar needed to be inside the glass - the picture was ambiguous. He then proceeded to tell me the instructions stated that-- I had them in front of me, they do not. He was just plain rude. After reading some of the reviews on here, I am not optimistic and wonder if we should even continue installation!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Reveal 60" shower doors - I am a contractor. Bathrooms are one of my specialties. I was finishing a project by installing a shower door. These types of things must have its instructions followed meticulously because they're engineered to deliver a specific waterproof performance. So, as usual, I followed the instructions carefully. I had installed the track and was now at the stage to install the fixed glass panel. I hoisted it 6+" off the ground as I was positioning it towards the supplied wall jamb when all of a sudden it imploded!! I've NEVER even heard of such a thing happening before... unbelievable! Millions of tiny, broken pieces everywhere... and several minor cuts and pieces of glass throughout my hair.

The client isn't impressed and is now worried about her safety after reading all these similar reviews. Can you blame her? MAAX office is closed at the moment so I'll have to call tomorrow. I'll report back here tomorrow. One thing for sure is that the doors are lighter than most others so maybe the thickness speaks to its lack of strength and quality. I would definitely NOT install this product in my house!

Original review: May 3, 2017

Had my contractor install tub in August 2016 and the control panel wasn't working immediately. The temperature display was constantly increasing during operation (sometimes to 111 deg. F). I want to point out the tub water doesn't actually increase as I wouldn't be able to stand that temp. After trying to work via my contractor for months to get a new panel I was advised to contact Maax directly.

January 2017 another contractor from Maax contacted me to assess the problem. He finally came out in February; he repaired 2 bubble like flaws in the tub but didn't fix the controls. Had to return with another call to Maax to replace control panel. Now with the new panel the temperature display still increases during operation but the pump turns on with the * function now and the light option seems to work as if I had a light. Ergo the new control panel isn't working even as well as the first panel.

Resolution response: April 29, 2017

Maax made the situation right. They sent an amazing tech to my house who did a fantastic job. Im very happy with the end result.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Maax one piece tub came with new build and floor cracked twice in just over a year. Was told it was a "soft spot" due to manufacturing defect in which there was basically a bubble in the fiberglass. Maax refuses to stand by quality of workmanship. Do not recommend this product at all.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

The problem is that the shower has been installed and in use for about 2 months, and the original silicone has now let go from the base rail track. There is no way to get the base metal rail off, short of taking most of the enclosure down. And I definitely am not up to doing that, as I had a contractor install it and I know he followed the installation directions scrupulously. Any suggestions for fixing this problem with the enclosure in place? Response: You will have to remove the metal rail, clean it with rubbing alcohol and you can sand the bottom of the base and under the rail slightly. The silicone should stick better if the surface is rough.

We pointed out that the rail can't be taken off without taking down the shower enclosure. We contacted Maax again and this was their reply: Response: "Unfortunately the only solution would be to remove a portion of the unit and install the rail again with the tips I gave you. There's really nothing else to do to permanently solve the issue. Thank you." THIS IS A DESIGN FLAW! After reading the experiences by others, I believe that a Class Action should be taken.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I purchased a Maax tub shower sliding door. The glass spacers in the package are for a different model. I had to call Maax to send me the correct parts. There is one part in the box which is not mentioned anywhere in the installation instruction. I called Maax for the second time to ask how to install this part. The person who answered the phone had no idea about this part, and said he had never installed a shower door and therefore did not know how to install this part. He also said that the part that was shipped to me after my first call (see point 1 above) is for a different model and cannot be used on my model. But in fact I had already used this part in my installation. This person is not familiar with the product.

Since I did not get any help in the second call, later on I made the third call. Another person answered the call. She had no idea about this part, either. She asked me to take a photo of the part and email it to her for them to recognize that part and how to install it. I emailed the photo of the part to the email address that she provided. It has been almost a week but I have not heard anything back from them. This is a very frustrating experience with Maax. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Maax Noble Frameless Bypass Shower Door. I installed this product a few years ago and the other day my 12 yr old son closes the door and the door completely shatters and gives him cuts on his hand (got 8 stitches), feet, and legs. Say away after I read this has happen to others.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Purchased a MAAX shower. Had it installed. The door keeps dropping down and then it ruins the water seal on the bottom which did not work correctly in the first place. The company did send me replacement seals but it did not solve the door problem. This is the worse product I have ever had or installed. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

Our 1 year old spa has a serious problem and there is (according to them) only one person who is authorized to do the repair. This person is unacceptable due to a past bad experience. Maax Spas couldn't be bothered. Their attitude is 'take it or leave it'.

MAAX Company Information