MAAX

Keystone MAXX

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

65 MAAX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I ordered the Utile surround wall tile 3 times, only to have it cracked or damaged every time it arrived. I feel for an almost $900 product (just the 3 walls) this product should be packaged better. There was NO packaging with the exception of approximately 1" of styrofoam around the edges. Unfortunately, that 1" of styrofoam isn't enough to protect it from the damage from shipping. Too bad MAXX can't improve on their packaging, because this certainly lost my sale. We will now be doing individual tiles instead.

MAAX response

Good morning Kay! We would like to apologize for your negative experience. We would like to learn more about your specific situation and make things right. If you wouldn’t mind giving us a call at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated. We look forward speaking to you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Installed a new glass shower kit in 2015. Mysteriously, the shower door, while no one was in the bathroom, exploded. It still had both the rubber edge and side edge hanging but the rest of the panel was destroyed.

MAAX response

Amy, we sincerely apologize about this unfortunate event and hope that no one was injured by the incident. For safety purposes, tempered glass will shatter into small pieces to prevent any major accidents. Please contact us so one of our Technical Agents can assist you with your situation. Thanks!

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I've had this shower for a number of years now and it has been leaking water since day one. I should've brought it back at the time but I didn't want to go through the trouble of taking it apart. I just figured a little caulking would fix it but this is like 4 years later and I'm still applying caulking to other seams that decided to start leaking. I clearly remember in the instructions that you only had to apply caulking in the back where the base meets the wall panels...and also the vertical seam where the two back panels meet, but this thing leaks everywhere. Pretty sure my warranty is up now so I'll just keep applying caulking, even though I shouldn't have to. Just wanted to give a heads up to whoever is thinking about purchasing this shower. Don't do it.

MAAX response

Good day! We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a service that meets your satisfaction. If you could provide us with the serial # of your unit, we could investigate on your issue. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am in the process of installing this tub in my 2nd floor bath. After doing all the prep work following the instructions to the letter, I am finding that it is impossible to install the tub without the MAAX F2 drain kit. There is no picture of the drain kit in their manual nor do they emphasize the importance of using this drain kit for existing homes. They show a lot of detail on a standard drain - which I followed - but apparently will require that you have access underneath the floor. The only solution I can think of without ripping my tiled floor apart and redoing some plumbing is to cut a hole on the side of the Tub skirt so I have access to the piping. Maax needs to do a better job with their instructions. I spoke to them about this and they kept saying I should have had a plumber install it. That response does not help me.

MAAX response

Good day George! We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a service that meets your satisfaction. If you could provide us with the serial # of your unit, we could investigate on your issue. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Recently my wife and I noticed the floor of our tub is starting to flex and have hairline cracks in it. I contacted a tub repair person and they came to have a look and quote me for the repair. The repair person informed me that it is a MAAX tub and that this is a very common problem for them and that he has repaired the floor of approximately 30-40 MAAX tubs. I am very disappointed with the product and am not sure what to do. The tub is the original with the house that is about 11 years old. Standard tubs should last at least 25.

Good day Patrick!

We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a product that meets your satisfaction. If you could provide us with the serial # of your unit or your file #, we will investigate on your issue and get back to you.

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest towards MAAX Bath.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keystone MAXX?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My husband and I have been able to accomplish many many home renovation projects over the years - deck building, kitchen renovation, installing new floors, tiling, you name it. But our experience with the Utile Maax shower kit has been the worst ever. Parts missing from the kit, parts duplicated in the kit, wrong parts in the kit, some of the instructions are, in fact, incorrect OR are not at all clear and have led to many meltdowns. We spent a lot of money on this product and are sorry we did. One of the customer service people agreed with me that a part I was looking for was not listed by its correct part number but that "that was neither here nor there" - his words. I would never ever recommend one of these products.

Good day Vivieen!

We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a product that meets your satisfaction. If you could provide us with the serial # of your unit, we will investigate on your issue and get back to you.

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest towards MAAX Bath.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Bought the unit from a local supplier for a substantial amount of money. Unit is beautiful and appears well made. After installation, when attempting to find doors for the unit, it was learned that Maax makes none to fit it, and apparently neither does any other manufacturer. There is a curvature on both sides of the entrance threshold, at the bottom, and this prevents normal shower doors from working. Called Maax twice, and was informed both times that they do not make doors for that unit, and they know of no other companies that do. It was recommended by one of them that we use a shower curtain. Put a curtain on a very expensive shower unit? That was their attitude. I will certainly recommend against Maax products, whenever I get the chance.

Good day Don!

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest towards MAAX Bath.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We remodeled our bathroom less than 2 years ago and within a few months I noticed cracks in the finish of the bathtub. Now every time I clean it I find more cracks. Not happy and will NEVER buy another MAAX product!!!

Hello Cameron!
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a quality product that meets your satisfaction. We would like to make things right with you and open a file. You can contact us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2 so we can investigate on your issue.

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest towards MAAX Bath,

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I recently had installed a MAAX curved shower in my new bathroom and all I have had is trouble with it. The bottom doesn't seal right and I have had to re caulk it several times. The doors don't match up and I am very frustrated. Water sits in the bottom track and eventually goes under and comes out on the floor. What should I do?

Hello Ben!
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a quality product that meets your satisfaction. We would like to make things right with you. You can contact me directly at 1-877-438-6229 ext 8129 so I can investigate on your issue. Or if you prefer to leave me your phone #, I will call you.

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest towards MAAX Bath,

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I recently installed a MAAX whirlpool tub. The tub was in the carton and protected up until install. My Plumber filled it with water above the jets and inspected it for leaks. He also did a pressure test with no faults. Several weeks later and after jets were in use, I had water damage to my drywall below, took the tile and frame of tub apart and discovered a union connection that was only hand tightened (per the factory direction) and not tight enough. A slow leak had developed over the last several weeks.

Upon making a warranty claim, MAAX Service and Sales department has been rude and contrary. They told me it was my fault for not inspecting it better and flat out said they would not cover the claim. Apparently in the fine print, MAAX is not responsible for any leaks or repairs to the tub after install. Like really... Would one inspect a light fixture wiring connections before they install one? This is a ridiculous expectation by MAAX, and is really just a way for them to absolve themselves of any customer service after purchase.

Good day Dave,
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a service that meets your satisfaction. We will be pleased to investigate your situation if you could provide us with your file # or contact me directly at 1-877-438-6229 ext #8149

Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I just have been on the phone (11:52 Eastern Time, Monday Nov. 5, 2018) with the customers services representative to inquire about Maax shower glass door that I have bought recently. The representative was tense, rude and not helpful at all. He tried to cut me off several times without solving the issue with the door. If people, ask me about Maax services what should I tell them? Should I tell them the truth or lie about it and say their customer support was quick and accommodating? Please advise. Unfortunately, I have to return the door or throw it in the cabbage if the problem is not resolved. I can not explain it why Maax assigned inexperienced, clueless person to this job. Instead of being helpful and patient with customers, the representative chose not wanting to help.

Good day Sam!
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a quality of service that meets your satisfaction. We would like to make things right with you so if you could please provide us with your file # or contact me directly at 1-877-438-6229 EXT 8149, we will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

We recently had a contractor install a Tub & Shower unit Model FW64S. We liked the unit as the floor to tub height is only 17". Easy to get in and out of. We noticed the tub had a soft spot on the floor on the wall side of the tub. I called Maax to ask them if this was normal as it is a fiberglass style tub and I was curious. Once they started a repair quote with a local company in town the ball was rolling in a couple day a fellow called me and mentioned he was asked to come by and look at the tub for Maax. Was over to see us that same day and was very thorough on his inspections to see if tub was installed correct and check out the issue at hand. He found a hairline crack in the tub.

Maax called me 2 days later and was very courteous and concerned to get this resolved ASAP, within a few more days we had an option to get the tub repaired or they would refund the store for the unit. I found this was great service on Maax's part, I know things like this happen with products but to get this kind of service I was impressed. I truly think the problem was due to poor handling of the product at store level & possibly even more poor packaging by Maax when shipped out. As I visited the store to see how the product was packaged versus our brands, and it goes to show better packaging when shipped could save a lot of issues for Maax. Hope this helps.

Good day Leo!
Thank you so much for your kind words. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to share this positive feedback with us. Our service partners and Warranty agents work hard to meet with our customers’ expectations and we are pleased to know that our goals are being achieved. Please be assured that we will transfer this to the appropriate team who will deliver your comment efficiently to whom it may concern.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Just wanting to post another update about my recent experience since I am unable to post on my current review. MAAX expressed their sincere apologies about my current situation but it’s been 3 days since giving them my contact number and I have yet to have a phone call from them. Once again still would not buy their product and their customer service stinks. They don’t care about their customers or how much money their customers our out. Was quoted $1600 for custom doors on top of the $1400 I already paid. Stay away from Maax. Spend your money on another company that will take care of you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought this product thinking we could install as a right hand door swing when in fact you can’t. Instructions are very unclear and only show the one swing but list in the instructions that it’s the same steps for the right. Called Maax customer service on several occasions for assistance and they can’t help with their own product and seemed to be confused themselves in how to install it. I was the one that had to explain it to them to turn the base around, which at this point had already been installed by a plumber. Very disappointed that I spent $1400 for nothing.

If I could rate a very very poor I would. Don’t waste your money on this company. And when Maax customer service comments on this post on how sorry they are with my recent experience they really don’t care. They won’t give me any money back or help me resolve the issues I am having. In the end I am having to get custom doors made to accommodate my bathroom. Thanks Maax for the extra costs to an already costly renovation.

Good morning Karla,
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a product and service that meet your satisfaction. If you would like to provide us with your file #, we would definitely take time to investigate on it and reach you using the contact info from your file.

Thank you for your cooperation and your interest towards MAAX Bath,

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

If it was possible to give no star rating, I would. Kit arrived with broken pan. Took a couple of weeks to get a replacement. When the pan was in and the walls level/plumb, the weight of the panel sides pulled the base pan out of level by about 1/8". With the pan out and the the mounting rail installed 1/8" out, the glass would not fit properly. Then the bottom trim rail for the glass and door would not fit (it is an 'L' bracket and does not hold the glass properly; it should be a 'U' channel that locks into the vertical riser that holds the glass from the side).

We had to fabricate our own mounting channel to hold the glass at the bottom. The upper mounting brace gets in the way of the shower head when using a standard length fitting; had to fabricate a longer fitting to bring the shower head further away from the wall. Instructions are not clear or easy to follow. Many phone calls to MAAX to get explanations (customer service was good, they seem to handle a lot of calls on such issues). A claimed couple of days became almost three weeks to get everything worked out; plus us having to find other solutions and fabricate solutions.

Our neighbour bought a similar kit by MAAX at the same time as we did and they had very similar issues/problems. Again, they had to fabricate pieces to fix the serious design flaws with the products. All in all; extremely disappointed in the product, the components, the instructions and the cost. Definitely not worth the money. Suggest using tile and get it professionally installed over trying to use a MAAX kit.

Good day Andrew!
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are really sorry. We do take pride in our products & services and we expect to maintain and deliver high quality standards to all of our customers therefore, we would like to make things right with you. If you could provide us with your file # or contact us at 1-877-438-6229, we will definitely investigate on your situation.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We just made a 3 hour round trip to a Rona store to buy a left hand tub. We had looked closer to home and the only one available was in a badly damaged box so we declined. I searched around and found that this Rona had 4. We got it home and my wife and I carried up a flight of stairs and then we opened up the box. We couldn't believe our eyes. The Rona label says left hand tub, the Maax label says left hand tub, but inside that box was a right hand tub. I called Rona the next day to find out the only answer to my issue was to carry the tub back down those stairs, load it on my truck and make the 3 hour round trip back to get the right tub.

I realized it wasn't Rona's mistake but it wasn't mine either, and when I called Maax at 1 877 4386229 and talked to the lady she told me, "Yep return it to where you bought it," I said I wanted something for my troubles. She put me through to her supervisor's voicemail where I still await a return phone call. I have tried sending an email through and nothing, Maax doesn't care about quality control or customer service. I am very disappointed with this whole experience, I can't believe Maax would run a business like this.

Good day Tim!
We are really sorry concerning your recent experience and we would like to find a solution. If you could please provide us with your file # or contact us at 1-877-438-6229, we will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My wife and I purchased an Imagine shower with all the options. We were redoing our main bathroom and thought we were purchasing a good product. After 8 yrs the hinge set is wore out and Maax says there is parts or fix for my $5,000 shower and we should purchase a new one. It's old and outdated they told me.

Good day James!
We are really sorry concerning your recent experience and we would like to find a solution. If you could please provide us with your file # or contact us at 1-877-438-6229 OPT 2+1, we will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I just bought a home and the shower seems crooked. The water all runs out toward and sometimes on the floor instead of into the drain. Is there a product to attach to the bottom to stop this water from running on floor? I tried getting a door installed, but the door also would be crooked. The area is also only 1 1/2 inches and doors start at 2 inches so it would be too large to use.

Good day Sherry!

Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

We purchased our MAAX shower base and kit from Menards. We are very disappointed in this base. We followed the installation instructions to the letter but this base started cracking within 2 months. It has now been over 1 year since installation and we have had to repair it 4 times for cracks. We finally had to purchase an overlay from Home Depot to hopefully fix this thing.

Good day Glen!
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a quality product that meets your satisfaction. We would like to make things right with you so if you could please provide us with your file # or contact us at 1-877-438-6229 OPT 2+2, we will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you!

Original review: July 26, 2018

If you are considering buying this product, it is probably because you want a quick "one-day installation" because it is significantly cheaper to buy a shower pan and install actual tiles. I ordered this MAAX Utile Metro Alcove Shower Stall on June 20th, it arrived at Home Depot on July 6th. I had to pay a $100 to have someone with a large truck to help me bring it home - the back wall is too large to fit in smaller trucks. I had removed the old tub and tiles and had prepared everything to install the unit right away since I only have one shower.

After opening the box, I noticed that one of the wall panels has large cracks in two corners. The wall panels are so thin and are packed so poorly that is hard to believe they won't break during shipping. I called the customer service and they said they would send me a replacement in 5-7 days. Today, almost three weeks later, the panel still has not arrived. My bathroom walls are still open, and I still don't have a fully functioning shower. I don't recommend this product at all. If you have $3500 to spend on this, just find a local handyman and have a proper shower installed in 2 days with half the cost.

Good day Iman!
We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience and we are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a service that meets your satisfaction. We would like to make things right with you so if you could please provide us with your file # or contact us at 1-877-438-6229 OPT 2+2, we will be pleased to assist you.

Thank you!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Maax Begonia 36" Neo Angle Shower: Not sure what type of installers are on here complaining. I purchased the unit I researched in depth and am very happy. I had no problem putting down the base. I had no problem putting up the walls. The surround is as sturdy as I had hoped and went together like I had planned. The hardware can always be better, but I did not replace a single item. If you want a 3 K shower, go buy one! Spend a grand to have someone install it. I am showering for under $400 and spent 3 weeks looking at Delta, American Standard, Dreamline, Kohler, Vigo and more. Very satisfied with my MAAX product.

Good morning Bob!
Thank you so much for your kind words. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to share this positive feedback with us. Please be assured that we will transfer this to the appropriate team who will deliver your comment efficiently to whom it may concern.

Thanks!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I recently bought this supposedly "new" tub and shower kit. Menards forklifted the sealed package onto my truck. Next day I uncrated the product and cleaned the white powder off the surface. I found some dull rough spots. Upon closer looking there were sandpaper marks around which appeared to be a spray painted area. there was also a lot of dry overspray on that end of the tub.

Upon looking on the underside I discovered a repaired area which was obviously done after the tub came out of the mold. There were chips in the bottom edge of the tub also and some of it was dabbed in with white paint. the wall surround had some deep scratches also that were too deep to wet sand and buff out. This product should of been sold as a factory refurbished item. Even at that the spot job was done very poorly. Looking at the below picture you can clearly see the resin applied on the edge of the grinder marks. It is obviously they ground the fiberglass to smooth it for the overflow but ground thru the surface also and then aerosol canned the top side to try and hide the mistake! I can only wonder if this company has any form of quality control/inspections of its products?

They were prompt about wanting to send a painter out to repaint the problem but as a former car painter, I can tell you that putting paint on top of a fiberglass gel coat is not going to be the same and it is going to be prone to easily chipping off worse than the ultra thin coat from factory to begin with. I opted to return this factory second back to Menards as inspecting this product closely and see how easily they chipped the coat off the edges at factory, I could tell this product would not hold up over the years! When I finally got thru to customer service, they said they would contact Menards to make sure they had another replacement on hand. I don't think they ever did.

I called back a second time to verify the previous phone call and got a different agent. I explained same stuff. Later got a call from the repair painter, which I did not agree to in the first place and he said he would call MAAX to close the case as I was returning to Menards due to the fact it was not installed yet. Prompt actions by MAAX customer service but still does not excuse the product quality! Menards refunded my money. I ordered a different brand and got the same crap again! This time it is from the Kohler company! I wonder if Maax and Kohler/Sterling use the same manufacturer as both products I got the signature aerosol can repair technique used? My word of advice to everyone: open the boxes at the place you buy them and do not have them shipped to your home.

MAAX response

Good morning Garrett! We are really sorry to hear you have not been satisfied with our product. I can assure you that quality is really important to us and we focus a lot on it. If you could provide us with your Maax reference # or serial #, we would be pleased to investigate and have the situation resolved to avoid it in the future. Thank you very much for your collaboration and have a great day!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I purchased the MAAX Athena 42"x 34" Corner Door and Base Shower Kit at Menards and have experienced several problems. The bottom tracks that are supposed to hold the glass walls in place will not stay in place. We have replaced the silicone sealant several times yet still will not hold. The glass panels are very heavy and unstable with just silicone holding it in place. We cannot let guests use our guest bathroom because we have to use the shower with kid gloves, opening the door gently and watching to make sure nothing gets dislodged. The base has a waffle like styrofoam support system, it feels spongy already. Very disappointing.

MAAX response

Good morning Sherry! We are sorry to hear that we have not provided you with a product that meets your satisfaction. We have a very dedicated Technical support that will be pleased to assist you. You can contact us at 1-877-438-6229 OPT 2+1. Thank you!

Original review: June 15, 2018

We have used our MAAX collection jet tub since we built our home in 2007. The jet tub has performed excellent but we have never been able to remove the jet tub cover for proper cleaning. There is no instructions on how to remove in the manual or online. Though we scrub through the grill with a small brush there has been a green film in the intake that we cannot remove. Maax collection if there is a way we would appreciate communication.

MAAX response

Good morning Larry! If you could contact us at 1-877-438-6229 opt 2+2, we will be pleased to provide you the required information. Thank you very much for your interest and have a great day!

Original review: June 11, 2018

I recently went to RONA-Nanaimo and purchased a MAAX Corinthia II bathtub and MAAX UTILE Thunder Grey Tub wall set. I purchased these together because that is what the display and salesperson told me worked together. I placed the order on May 18, 2018. Salesperson said it would be in on May 28th. I called on May 28th and was told that it would be another week. It arrived on June 5th. My contractor installed the bathtub yesterday. They tried to dry-fit the Tub walls as per the installation instructions today. I was a little concerned when in the wall instructions, it didn't list the tub that was sold to us with the wall set. The contractor said that if RONA sold it together then it must work together.

When you put the back wall of the set in place, the tub is 3/4" too small for the wall. There is no way to fit the wall properly and squarely because clearly this tub is not compatible with the wall set. I returned the wall set to my local store. They did refund my money, however, I am now stuck with a tub that I wouldn't normally choose unless I was using the Utile wall system because we already configured the plumbing to fit this tub. I am now having to choose something else as a solution for my tub surround because this wall system doesn't work. This could be a significant increase in cost of a relatively simple project.

I've wasted time and money with a contractor. I have a flooring person coming in next week to install flooring and I wanted all the messy tub install done first so as not to be dragged around on my new floor. I am beyond frustrated of having this completely not work and travel back and forth to the store to return these very HEAVY walls. Why is RONA selling these two products together as a set if they are not listed as compatible with each other by the manufacturer? I would like to be contacted at the number above with some explanation for why this has happened.

MAAX response

Good morning Sarah! We would like to express our sincere apologies concerning your recent experience. Unfortunately, you were mislead during your purchase of your unit as the Corinthia II is not listed as one of the tub that can fit with the Utile walls. As we have discussed with you on another Web Platform, we did contact the store to inform them about the situation and make sure they contact us whenever they are not sure about an information. Thank you!

Original review: May 22, 2018

After years of having only an old fashioned cast iron bathtub with a makeshift shower curtain and a rubber mat to keep from slipping, our contractor installed a Aker MAAX KDS shower stall. Their website lists a “Textured Floor” that they claim is “Anti-Slip”. Aker Maax also boasts in their literature that “This is a product that does exactly what you want it to do”. IT DOES NOT! This is an inflated claim by Aker MAAX. I sincerely doubt that it meets the ASTM F462 safety spec for slip resistance as they claim on their website.

We wanted to be safe in our shower and were concerned about slipping. The contractor rightfully stated that Aker MAAX listed the unit as having an anti-slip base. While the base is textured it is far from “Anti-Slip”. The textured surface is finished with a glossy surface that eliminates whatever benefits Aker MAAX was trying to achieve with a texture. After spending over $5,000 to remove the old tub with a mat, we are left with a unit that requires us to place on foot on the drain for traction and hold on to the safety bar with one hand and try to shower with the other. The Aker MAAX rep’s suggestion? Use a mat, but remove it after each use. Ridiculous! That’s what we had!

At this point we are waiting for our contractor to come up with a solution. There is a $5,000+ unused safety hazard in our bathroom where a brand new functioning shower unit should be. Aker MAAX has so far been pretty much useless in regards to any resolution. On a minor note the unit also has a tiny inadequate spot to set your soap. The soap bar slips right off. There’s nowhere to set your shampoo. The seat is slippery and combined with the slippery floor there’s no way to keep yourself from slipping off. Aker MAAX seems to brag about how good they are on their website. They need to step up their game.

Good day Tom,

We are really sorry to hear about your situation and as always we are concerned about our customer's satisfaction. If you would like to call me at 1-877-438-6229 or provide us with any file# that you may have regarding your situation, we would definitely investigate on your issue and do everything we can to improve your experience. Thank you!

Original review: May 3, 2018

We purchased the Hana Neo-Angle 3838 shower door from Menards. The glass panels WILL NOT stay in the wall jambs. The panels and door are very heavy glass pieces and the panels are supposed to be held in the wall jambs by inserting a plastic gasket. The gasket keeps pushing back out and the glass panels will not stay in the jambs. I'm very disappointed in this design and have no confidence in this shower. I called customer support and she suggested putting the gaskets on the glass panels first then place in the jambs. We had everything put together and soon after the door was placed the panel came away from the wall again. I need to return this item, but considering it's from Canada I would imagine my chances are slim to none.

Good day Jacy,

I have seen you have been dealing with one of our agent and was wondering if we came to a solution that satisfies you. Do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything we can do. Thank you!

Original review: April 21, 2018

Firstly we ordered the product (Magnolia Round) through Home Depot in brushed nickel, it showed up, 3 weeks late, in chrome. Secondly the mounting hardware is far too light duty to reliably handle the weight of the heavy glass panels, you will be adjusting the rollers constantly to maintain a seal on the dual doors which is a tedious and VERY finicky process! Third the screws which mount the fixed panels to the wall flanges might as well be plastic as they are certainly not of adequate strength for use on metal, I broke two of the six BY HAND before discarding the rest and using number 6x 1/2" self taping duct screws.

Fourth the blocks for the bottom door guides and threshold are far too light duty with an extreme lack of securement, the instructions recommend silicone which does not last longer than a couple functions of the doors. I was able to successfully bond them using a waterproof construction adhesive but I doubt it will hold for long. Finally the cost of these shower kits is astronomically high for the general quality of the product, if you can find them at a 50% discount that would be more along the lines of a FAIR price but still a little high.

Good day Nathan,

We are really concerned about our customer's satisfaction. If you would like to call me at 1-877-438-6229 or provide us with any file# that you may have regarding your situation, we would definitely investigate on your issue and do everything we can to improve your experience. Thank you!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I placed a special order through Menards for a Maax 48" Brushed Nickel Shower Door. The door arrived within a week. I paid to have the door installed and when I came home I found a Dark Bronze shower door installed instead of Brushed Nickel. I checked the labels on the box and my original order. Maax had incorrectly labeled their box at the factory. I called Maax and filed a warranty claim. The first customer service rep was friendly and helpful getting my claim filed. When I called back to check on my claim I was very disappointed with the CSR and her solution to my issue.

The rep told me that my contractor should have realized he was installing the wrong color door. She instructed me to have the doors taken down and then return them to the store where I purchased it. I told her that I would now have to pay to have the doors removed and reinstalled. She said she "didn't know what I wanted Maax to do about that". I was told that once I return the door and the store acknowledges the return. Maax will then review my claim to process a replacement door. This process was going to take them 11-14 days for review. Once the review was completed they would issue the new shower door to ship, which is another week. VERY DISAPPOINTED with Maax especially considering the amount I spent on these special order doors and the Maax Orchestra bathtub I purchased. Thankfully Menards is trying to help get this expedited.

Good day Bobby!
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we totally understand your point. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can and we always stand behind our product. I will be pleased to assist you if you want to reach me at 1-877-438-6229. You can also provide me with your file # so I can investigate on it and understand why it wasn't simple as it should be. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Thank you for your understanding.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I recently installed a MAAX tub shower door set (model #105409). I have NEVER seen such POOR QUALITY in any product. The doors are very flimsy, towel barb is ridiculous... did I mention the bottom rack? There is a small plastic track that attaches to the bottom for the doors to slide across and they give you a couple of tiny pieces of double sided tape to hold it in place. Are you seriously people...how long do you think that tiny tape will stay in place with moisture and water? Let me tell you how long... one second after you hang the doors to try to slide them.

The bottom track is not even wide enough for both doors...even on the lowest setting on the rollers on top, the space at the bottom is so high the water pours out between the shower doors and the bottom track. This was ordered from a plumbing company!!! I would have got a better shower door at JOB LOT, the old BUILDING 19, BIG LOTS or any other junk store. Paid over $200 for the doors not counting installation... Now I have to take it down and buy another shower door set from a different company. STAY AWAY FROM MAAX... it is JUNK.

Good day Raymond!
We are very sorry to hear you had a negative experience and we totally understand your point. We have a very dedicated customer support team here to help you in any way we can and we always stand behind our product. I will be pleased to assist you if you want to reach me at 1-877-438-6229. Thank you for your honest feedback, we deeply appreciate each one as a way to constantly improve.

Thank you for your understanding.

MAAX Company Information