Keystone MAXX

MAAX
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

MAAX Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Installed Shower system in 2013. Terrible design, glass panel keeps pulling away from wall due to the weight of the door hanging on it and have received no support from Maax. We have reinstalled 4 times by local contractors at my expense and the same thing happens every time. Finally, got a Maax rep to look at it this summer and it appeared his only goal was to find some way to prove that it isn't Maax's fault. He did all kind of measurements and found one place he says it was off a little. I had to tell him to hold his tape measure straight up and down so I have no confidence in his results. After he left, I got no response from Maax and therefore no plan to fix it. We are to the point where our next step is to tear the whole thing out and install something else which will obviously not be a Maax and will be at our expense.

Good morning Trey,

We are sorry about the inconvenience and trouble.
        Is it possible to send me the serial number of the unit and your information so I can open a reference file if not opened yet?

Our door division will then contact you to see the best way of helping you.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

We bought the entire shower kit, had a professional contractor install and the shower pan has no slope causing any leftover water to just sit until your next shower. In addition, the drain sits above the shower pan, so once you turn off the shower it just sits around the drain. Customer support is TERRIBLE. They only want to communicate via e-mail and when you can get someone on the phone you get conveniently "disconnected" (multiple times). No ownership at all for poor product and poor design. I'll be ripping it out and putting in a different, more reliable quality product. Save your money, but something else. ANYTHING ELSE.

Good morning Sheryl,

I am very sorry about your experience with Maax. Customer service is our priority.
        While it is easier to identify the problem by seeing the pictures, we do not communicate only through email.
        I see in your file that we were going to send a service technician to inspect the unit and installation.

However, this was canceled at your request.

Can you please confirm.

Thank you again for your time and patience

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I needed answers to some question on installation as the manual you get is a piece of crap. The part names in the list are not used consistently in the manual so you have to go back to the pictures to see if it is correct. When I needed to order a replacement part and entered my model number on the site, it could not find it. I entered the part number from the manual and it could not find it. I called to get a panel assembly part and the rep asked why I needed it, and I said I want to change the orientation, he then said "Sounds like someone did not read the instructions".

I said that is not relevant and not why I called. I did not need his condescending judgemental attitude. He then told me the part was $95.00 for what is two pieces of metal with clear rubber seals. I said I only paid $450 for the door, this costs is ridiculous. He explained I could not just get the seals, and I understand but $95.00 for a screw to hold the glass in place was crazy. At this point I have decided to get rid of the MAAX POS and get a new Delta or Dreamline.

Good morning Nathan,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and the response that you had.
        Our clients and the customer service is very important to us.
        Can you please give us your phone number so we can verify what was said and why.

Since everything is recorded we will be able to verify.

I will then be able to get back to you.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We purchased the Talen shower from Maax and had it installed in 2014. The shower door is very cheaply made. In five years, we've had to fix the top roller assembly at least four times. They're made of PLASTIC, and the piece in the assembly that keeps breaking is extremely flimsy (whose Nobel prize winning idea was that, anyway?). The rest of the assembly is still intact, but this tiny, thin piece keeps breaking roughly once a year. So imagine standing naked in the shower and holding a door that suddenly broke while you tried to close it.

The first time it broke I called them and they sent me a set of replacement assemblies, no charge. The bottom roller assembly was included when they sent them, but they've never broken and we can't use them for the top. Well, both of the top assemblies on one door broke again today and I was short a piece to fix it. When I called, I was told I had to order the entire assembly when all I needed was that tiny, flimsy piece. They aren't able to send it separate, and I had to spend money. If we'd known what we know now we'd never have bought it. What a thing to look forward to while we have it. The only reason we don't change the shower at this point (and believe me, we'd like to since this is frustrating) is that we can't afford to.

In our opinion, this is a defect in the door from the manufacturer. They should replace the pieces for free since it's their cheap, cost cutting measures that results in the door constantly breaking. It's a miracle that the door hasn't shattered when the piece broke. We had a shower installed in our previous residence and the assemblies were all metal (it wasn't a MAAX product, though). As a result we never had the problem we're having with this shower. Bottom line? AVOID MAAX!

Good morning Derek,

I am sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble that you had.
        Unfortunately, I cannot find your file information with only your name. Can you please provide me with your phone number so I can track the recording and your file.

I will be able to see why we couldn't help you and see how we can help you further.

If you have any questions or suggestions on how to make your experience with Maax, please don't hesitate.

Thank you again for your time and patience,

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My family has been in a new home for 6 months with a single unit tub manufactured by Maax Aker. The tub got a hole in it and had to be repaired. September 9th it got another hole and flooded an adjacent bedroom and our hallway wood floors. A claim was submitted on September 10th. It was not until 9/23 that they contacted the technician company, Absolute Home Solutions, to request that someone come out to our house. The technician then did not show for two consecutive days (9/25) and (9/26). The technician went to another house instead and said he couldn’t come out until October 1st. When I called the customer service at Maax Aker on 9/26 they tried to say it was my fault that I hadn’t called sooner and that they had no record of a claim.

I asked to speak to the supervisor and somehow he was already gone for the day. I said I would call again the next day even though the customer service representative said his supervisor would have a meeting. I will continue to call. The tub and floors are under a 1 year warranty. They need to be restored or replaced promptly. Tubs do not get two holes in 6 months. Will Maax honor their name and product by replacing a faulty tub? Will they replace brand new wood floors and address possible mold from tub-caused flooding and their slow response/lack of mitigation to dry out the floors? This reviews remains a 1 star until these things are properly restored.

Good morning,

We are sorry for the inconvenience yet it is true we had no requests for your unit. We don't have information on who contacted Absolute Home Solution first.
        We give the technicians 24 to 48 hours in order to contact you and to make an appointment ( not counting the weekend )

Since the service request was made on the 26, we are expecting the service technician to contact you today.

If not, please contact us directly at 1877-438-6229

Thank you for your time and patience,

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Keystone MAXX?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The Hana rectangular pivot door is listed as compatible with the 4234 base (see bottom of https://maax.com/en-ca/product/hana-rectangular-pivot-shower-door-42-x-34-x-75-in%2c-d-%2c-8-mm_137302). It is not. My first issue was that, with the prescribed 3/4" setback of the u-channel from the wall, the return panel sat over the edge of its sill by 1/8". This would have led to stability issues down the road. MAAX sent a field representative to inspect our install (base attached to studs, 1/2" tile backer on studs, 1/4" tile on mortar), and he agreed that the design was incompatible. In fact, he said he would not proceed with the install.

After three months of back and forth, and the intervention of a plant manager in our area, MAAX refunded the cost of the door kit (not the base). I was left to jury rig something, and ended up putting a piece of 3/4" u-channel behind the fixed panel jamb to move the relative position of the return panel to the middle of its sill. Now I'm facing another issue: the glass inserts a mere 5mm into the jambs (which are 35mm deep!). This is not far enough to even catch the plastic jamb sheath! Why on earth build a jamb that is 35mm deep when only 5mm is used?!?! Our contention from the outset has been that the glass is too short. I'm not sure how MAAX is going to fix this; I'm not sure that they even can... I wanted a new shower. I'm left with frustration and disgust. :-(

Good morning Paul,

I am sorry about the inconvenience. Please provide me with your phone number so I can access your file with us.

We will then communicate with you to help you in the best way possible.

Resolution response: Dec. 17, 2019

I did not get the resolution I wanted but best they could do. They do not realize how much money it costs to first put the product in then take it out. Then replace. I lost thousands in this whole experience. I would not buy this product.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I purchased the MAAX shower walls to replace my shower/tub enclosure. The MAAX shower walls are flimsy and the area where the walls meet the shower pan are curvy/bowed. Because the walls attach to studs there is nothing seeming to secure the bottom back wall to the shower pan. Caulking it doesn’t help because it moves. I have a handicapped daughter and I took the bath out and replaced it with this product and it has been terrible. I paid 3000 and just want my money back and choose a more solid product. I cannot afford to replace and the store will not take it back since it’s been installed. Don’t buy this product. Go the extra 1000 and buy something solid in my opinion.

Good morning Chris,
        We are sorry about the inconvenience and trouble as this is the first time we see this kind of damage to our utile walls.
        Please send the information (serial number or copy of the receipt and your contact information) to mariusadrian.matei@maax.com
        I will be able to proceed with with your request and make sure this is taken care of as fast as possible.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Don't purchase Maax complete shower units. We bought Stamina-I shower unit about 10 years ago. About a year ago we had issues with water leaking from the diverter that controls water to overhead, handheld shower and body jets. I called Maax customer support for parts and they told me that the part is discontinued. I took the part to multiple local (Massachusetts USA) and checked with online plumbing suppliers and no one can identify the manufacturer or provide equivalent part. Maax customer support does not give me original manufacturer of the valve after repeated requests.

Bottomline, I may have to rip out the whole shower that may cost me $15k. Don't purchase Maax as they do not have any long term support unlike Kohler where they actually sent me a whole new valve for free after 15 years. As a homeowner, I expect plumbing parts to be standardized and easily available so I don't have to change the whole shower just because one valve has failed. That is like removing the whole sink because faucet is dripping! Think long term and you are better off with established companies who will support their parts.

Good morning Abbas,

We are very sorry about the inconvenience and delays.
        I am not sure why you were not informed with the information on the manufacturer of the valve.
        You have the IES 3/4 that was manufactured by the company SOL.
        The product was discontinued in 2008. Unfortunately, we only have available the thermostatic cartridge.
        Any other parts we don't have in stock anymore.
        If you have questions, you can send them directly to me at mariusadrian.matei@maax.com

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We purchased this MAAX shower kit (walls, glass door and base) for our bathroom Reno. Had issues with the walls a few times when they were shipped and they had to be replaced twice. Now after less than two years we have a crack in the base! Not sure what we can do to repair it since we will NOT be doing another bathroom Reno. We do not want to rip the walls off or crack our new tile floor that is up to the base. So frustrated! Lindsey **

Good morning Lindsey,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Cast acrylic, fiberglass or acrilyX units are very repairable and will look brand new.
        Please provide us with your information (name, address, phone number, and email address ) and with the information of the unit (serial number or copy of the receipt).

We will then send a service technician to inspect the unit and to make the repairs.

Have a great day,

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Hi MAAX team, This is really been nightmare today. This was a brand new MAXX shower glass door and tub that we purchased from home depot 2 years ago. Today turned out a disturbing day to see my mom hurt badly with bleeding from legs, arms, face with shower glass exploded without any sign while she is in shower. I had to take her to ER doctor as she was shattered with blood pressure went high and it was absolutely nightmare to see her like this. @MAAX, What would you do if it happens to your close family members? I pray no one else has to go through like this. My 6 year old son goes to same bathroom. I am just so thankful to god for saving him from this. But this should Never happen. Thanks.

MAAX Company Information