Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

394 Jenn-Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

We placed an order for a JennAir microwave oven at the beginning of June 2019. We were given a tentative date of June 25th for installation. That was not honored. When we contacted customer service, we were told the product would be received and installed on July 8th. When July 8th came and went, JennAir now states that the tentative date is August 2nd and that could change. How, JennAir has taken full payment for the product already. When taking the payment, they had no uncertainty about roll-out of device. Almost 2 months after paying in full, we do not have the unit and we are held hostage as the cabinet had been cut based on this model's specifications. JennAir's representative Kelly ** has not only been unhelpful, but also made no attempt to understand the customer's situation or frustration.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Last year, I purchased a $4559.00 refrigerator from Jenn-Air. I went with Jenn-Air because I needed a counter depth refrigerator. During the first week, the ice maker froze and leaked all over our new wood floors. We called for service. The service representative said that this issue with the ice maker was a frequent problem and he undertook the suggested repair. Within 1 month it started leaking again. My husband and I shut off the icemaker and have not used it since. The only solution that Jenn Air offered was to continue to repair it. That means, however, that we need to keep the icemaker on and ALLOW it to leak on the floor. We have to allow that to happen numerous times before they will even consider a replacement. The customer service representative, Bridget, was rude and had an attitude. Please, there are a lot of other counter depth refrigerators out there. Stay away from Jenn-Air.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought this grill over 12 years ago. It came with a guarantee and whenever needed I send in a request for new burners, flame arrest plates, grates and starter. No questions asked and new parts received for free.

Original review: June 18, 2019

In 2004 we remodeled our kitchen. I was attracted to the bronze finish appliances from Jenn-Air. We bought a refrigerator and a dishwasher in the bronze finish. We bought a dual fuel downdraft range in black as it was not available in the color. 2109 - The Good- The refrigerator is great. Never a problem and it keeps a steady temperature. I test it occasionally with a thermometer and the digital readout of the appliance is equal to the analog thermostat. The ice-maker has worked well and the water dispenser, too. The Bad- The dishwasher pooped out in 2014. We replaced it with a black Bosch. OMGoodness - what a difference. The Bosch is a million times more quiet, it cleans faster and better and the configuration is so much more efficient.

The Ugly- At the time we bought our range, Jenn-Air was only offering two burners and a griddle. We paid extra to have the griddle converted to burners. These burners are very small and have a limited flame, but I must say that it has not been a problem. We had to replace the panel one time. And the oven often shuts itself off when being used for a long cook (like a turkey or large roast). We have to go out to the electrical panel and reset the oven. The oven is about 20-25 degrees less than than it shows it is, as per an independent thermostat I test it with. I find the I must use convection bake and convection roast if I want any chance of getting things cooked right. My DeLonghi toaster oven is more accurate and my go to for anything that will fit in it. Bottom line - if I could go back, I would buy the Bosch dishwasher, installed a downdraft stove top with 4 normal burners and had a wall oven installed. But I love the fridge.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We purchased a Jenn-Air 30-inch slide-in induction range in January 2019. We wanted the induction in order to have the quick response of a gas range. The induction cooktop works well. However, the oven is a serious disappointment. The cook temperature is at least 15 degrees too low. This is based not just on two different oven thermometers but also on a specialized 'point-and-shoot' temperature device that provides instant and highly accurate readings. These readings only confirm what is obvious when you try to bake something: foods take much too long to bake. Despite the manual's claim that the oven really does cook at the right temperature, that just is not so. The manual says that you can make an 'offset' to correct the temperature, but I don't know yet whether the temperature error is off by the same amount at different settings.

Another problem is that the cook timer is the worst timer I have ever encountered. When time is up, it makes a single very soft beep (and this is at the maximum volume setting) and then DOES NOT REPEAT FOR A FULL MINUTE WHEN IT MAKES ANOTHER SINGLE, VERY SOFT BEEP. This is worse than useless because you think you have a reminder but you will readily miss it if there is much going on. Just terrible. I would not buy this range again, especially at the price we paid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: April 27, 2019

Our Jenn-Air stove/oven (#JJDRP548WP) is the worst $10,000 we EVER spent - crappy to cook on, terrible burners that are either too hot or low, they adjust cooking temperature only goes from nothing to scalding and in between settings are not precise and when adjusting, the heating element jumps higher (not gradually). Stovetop burners after 3 months are discolored / black enamel is already showing wear signs and the black is scraping off and the burner bars are warping. Oven doesn't bake at the right temperatures and bakes cookies unevenly, 1/2 cookies look ok the other half too done - You would think for $10,000 you could buy a high quality oven/burners - NOPE we should have kept our old stove, Thermador - it wasn't perfect but it cooked better than our new $10,000 Jenn-Air oven/stove/burners.

This is a REALLY INFERIOR OVEN/RANGE/STOVETOP appliance, bad quality, small oven doesn't fit any of our small-standard-oven cooking sheets, the digital display is low and difficult to see or use without bending over and squinting at a bad angle. SO disappointed IN JENN-AIR brand! I wish we could return it - $10,000 and it's such a bad quality/bad performance oven/stove!

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased a Jenn-Air combo wall oven for $5400 and it was installed March 26. It immediately failed and I call Jenn-Air and told them that I was hosting a large Easter dinner and wanted to ensure repair ASAP. They said the earliest repair they could schedule would be April 4. I told them this was unacceptable and contacted the dealer that I purchased from (Hawkins & Sons) and they had men there the next day. They thought that there were 2 boards that may need to be replaced, since this was a common problem. Jenn-Air insisted on sending their own contracted service company (with a 1 star Yelp rating) to verify the diagnosis on 4/2. He agreed the boards needed replaced and said the parts would be in in about a week and they could schedule the repair ASAP.

A week passes with no news so I contact Jenn-Air again for follow-up. They said that the repair service ordered parts from an independent supplier rather than them and had no idea when I would get them. Further, the one board was out of stock, back ordered, with no availability date. I was so frustrated that I contacted Whirlpool (their parent co.) and all of a sudden Jenn-Air found parts and said that they would expedite them. They were to arrive 4/20 and Hawkins was scheduled to do the repair Good Friday. Only one part arrived on Thur.! Another call to Jenn-Air and again they said they found the part and would expedite but it would not come until after Easter, which left me in quite a predicament.

Then I get a call from Hawkins telling me that they had a solution. They had the same model in stock (but a different color, my model was discontinued – Jenn-Air had offered to replace but only with bright stainless which would not fit in with my décor). Hawkins said that they would take the required identical part from the in stock unit and install it in my oven and then replace the part in their oven when it finally came in. However, Hawkins told me that Jenn-Air declined to permit this swap! Again I'm on the phone with Jenn-Air. I argued for quite a while and was put on hold a few times. I told them it was if I bought a black car with a defective part and the dealer took one out of a silver car as an analogy and they just couldn't get it. They finally verified that it was the same exact part and called Hawkins to tell them it was OK.

Hawkins was out promptly on Friday and switched the boards in a couple of minutes. So far it is working, but I extracted a three year warranty extension from them due to my lack of confidence in this product. This situation could have been handled in a few days rather than over three weeks (without an oven!). While the Jenn-Air personnel on the phone were very friendly they continually made false promises that strung me along. It should not take numerous phone calls and emails to get somebody to act appropriately. Based on product quality (the repairman said this is a common problem which explains the lack of replacement parts available) and such poor service I will not purchase another Jenn-Air product, possibly nothing ever again from the Whirlpool family.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I bought my Jenn-Air over twenty years ago and LOVE it. It has held up very well, easy to clean, and I can also grill on it. I am still using the original burners that came with the range. So far I've have not had to replace the first part.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This oven worked great for about 4 years then repair after repair. It's now 13 years old and the repair bulletin from Jenn-Air says I need new oven sensors and the main controller needs to be replaced. I called customer service and they said it was getting old and the words "end of life" was used. She said parts may not be available. Jenn-Air offered no help! I will never buy Jenn-Air again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have a stove and microwave wall unit and have owned it for 3 years and I would say every other month something is going wrong with it - we’ve had it serviced perpetually and the motherboard even replaced. Just today I walked by it and the console read “this product is experiencing a problem and can no longer be used at this time”, and we haven’t even used it today. I have a feeling they push upgrades out and it throws off all the schematics. Regardless, I simply will never own another Jenn-Air.

Jenn-Air Company Information