Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Reviews

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I purchased a combo microwave/convection-oven in 2016. I really like this unit. It had a typical one-year warranty but near the end of that time Jenn-Air sent me an offer to take out a 3-year extended warranty for repairs [perhaps they also offered replace, I don't remember] which was a very reasonable price. Because it was reasonable, even tho I hadn't had any problems, I purchased it. In 2018 it began to show an error message and shut off. I called the warranty number and got great service.

A few weeks ago, the microwave and oven both decided not to cook - most of the time! I kept trying different settings and sometimes got it to work. This time the warranty people said neither of the 2 service companies in my area had ANY dates available! They offered a very UNreasonable buy-out OR said they would pay for an estimate if I could find a service company - I chose that option. The deal was, I would pay for the service call and they would reimburse me. I was to submit the estimate for repair and get their approval. I had to wait more than a week but the repairman was great. At first he said there was nothing wrong with the oven but found 3 parts out in the microwave. We continued to talk about how the oven acted...he listened carefully to us and tested it again finding 4 parts out in the oven.

I took photos of his notes and also made a table that clearly showed the SEVEN parts that were faulty, sent those along with his charge I paid plus the estimated charge for repair all to Jenn Air. I was so afraid they would only offer me the UNreasonable buy-out again but happily 2 days later Jenn-Air responded with a 2-day FedEx tracking and listed all 7 parts being sent. I'M A HAPPY CAMPER. THANK YOU JENN-AIR. [They have yet to pay my 2 service call charges but I'm confident they will based on this experience - and I have that agreement in writing.]

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought this grill over 12 years ago. It came with a guarantee and whenever needed I send in a request for new burners, flame arrest plates, grates and starter. No questions asked and new parts received for free.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I bought my Jenn-Air over twenty years ago and LOVE it. It has held up very well, easy to clean, and I can also grill on it. I am still using the original burners that came with the range. So far I've have not had to replace the first part.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

We chose Jenn-Air appliances for our kitchen remodel 3 years ago. My husband pulled a plate down from the cabinet next to our Jenn-Air Canopy Wall Hood, and nicked the side of the tempered glass hood front. This shattered the whole front glass face plate. Guess what, there is no replacement part. We had to make a homeowner's insurance claim to replace our brand new $2k hood. Jenn-Air continues to design their wall hoods with the same front panel glass, which is a defective design. Their customer service was really poor when we tried to troubleshoot this problem. Buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Can I give less than 1 star? Our range had a GAS LEAK after 1 year. Jenn-air not only took 2 months to fix something they said would be fixed in 2 weeks, sent a completely a competent service worker. He didn’t even touch the stove when he arrived only to realize when he came back after 3 weeks (when he said he’d be 1 week... no worries, he forgot to order a part - sarcasm). He goes to install the parts, asks me for one of MY towels to protect the floor as he pulls out the stove. lol. And realizes he does FIT behind the stove. Says. "‘Ma’am, I don’t know who did your gas line but, the line is too small, I can’t fit behind the stove”. Now it’s been a month without a stove since it leaks gas, it’s completely disconnected. He says he’ll have to come back with someone who can fit. A Union Gas certified gas worker, hooked our stove up, and are you kidding me?

This Jenn-air service guy also asks if he can keep all these stove parts at my house, to which I answer, "No. I’m not being responsible for this, you take them with you." I call Jenn-air, at this point I’m insisting they send me a new stove. The guy Christopher who was assigned my case is very kind and says he is sure it will take longer to get a new stove and they send me sent me $300 for the poor service. I agree because at this point I just want to be able to cook my kids breakfast and dinner in my house. The guy comes back two and a half weeks later, with another service worker of slighter build. Again he asks for one of MY towels to protect the floor when they pull the stove oven out. They get the part fixed, but leave a giant mess. The stove isn’t pushed back in. There are pieces of my stove still all over the counter. They left all their garbage all over my kitchen! AND they left the door wide open.

I told them I had a call to get on, and I come out to this mess and my neighbour letting me know my door is open. Wow! I called Jenn-air again, so angry, they sent me another $200 to compensate for the terrible service. The best part though, is that a few months later, I get a bill in the mail for $250 service call on my range. The number for their billing department that’s listed on the bill is disconnected. I’ve called them 3 times about this and they’ve done nothing. I talk to the same guy 3 times. He gives me the same number on the bill that is disconnected and tells me he’ll leave a number for the person who first handled my case, his name was Christopher and he’s in the states but has no direct line for me to contact him. Just WOW! They get -1 stars from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have a Jenn-Air dishwasher JBS1100AWS and both racks are so broken up that it is hard to put many dishes in either. The replacements are approximately $245 each. At that price I might as well buy a new dishwasher. I have a complete set of Jenn-Air appliances that match. Not worth the cost for supposedly high-end appliances. Have had issues with each of them. You can get higher quality products at a lower cost than Jenn-Air.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We placed an order for a JennAir microwave oven at the beginning of June 2019. We were given a tentative date of June 25th for installation. That was not honored. When we contacted customer service, we were told the product would be received and installed on July 8th. When July 8th came and went, JennAir now states that the tentative date is August 2nd and that could change. How, JennAir has taken full payment for the product already. When taking the payment, they had no uncertainty about roll-out of device. Almost 2 months after paying in full, we do not have the unit and we are held hostage as the cabinet had been cut based on this model's specifications. JennAir's representative Kelly ** has not only been unhelpful, but also made no attempt to understand the customer's situation or frustration.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Last year, I purchased a $4559.00 refrigerator from Jenn-Air. I went with Jenn-Air because I needed a counter depth refrigerator. During the first week, the ice maker froze and leaked all over our new wood floors. We called for service. The service representative said that this issue with the ice maker was a frequent problem and he undertook the suggested repair. Within 1 month it started leaking again. My husband and I shut off the icemaker and have not used it since. The only solution that Jenn Air offered was to continue to repair it. That means, however, that we need to keep the icemaker on and ALLOW it to leak on the floor. We have to allow that to happen numerous times before they will even consider a replacement. The customer service representative, Bridget, was rude and had an attitude. Please, there are a lot of other counter depth refrigerators out there. Stay away from Jenn-Air.

Original review: June 18, 2019

In 2004 we remodeled our kitchen. I was attracted to the bronze finish appliances from Jenn-Air. We bought a refrigerator and a dishwasher in the bronze finish. We bought a dual fuel downdraft range in black as it was not available in the color. 2109 - The Good- The refrigerator is great. Never a problem and it keeps a steady temperature. I test it occasionally with a thermometer and the digital readout of the appliance is equal to the analog thermostat. The ice-maker has worked well and the water dispenser, too. The Bad- The dishwasher pooped out in 2014. We replaced it with a black Bosch. OMGoodness - what a difference. The Bosch is a million times more quiet, it cleans faster and better and the configuration is so much more efficient.

The Ugly- At the time we bought our range, Jenn-Air was only offering two burners and a griddle. We paid extra to have the griddle converted to burners. These burners are very small and have a limited flame, but I must say that it has not been a problem. We had to replace the panel one time. And the oven often shuts itself off when being used for a long cook (like a turkey or large roast). We have to go out to the electrical panel and reset the oven. The oven is about 20-25 degrees less than than it shows it is, as per an independent thermostat I test it with. I find the I must use convection bake and convection roast if I want any chance of getting things cooked right. My DeLonghi toaster oven is more accurate and my go to for anything that will fit in it. Bottom line - if I could go back, I would buy the Bosch dishwasher, installed a downdraft stove top with 4 normal burners and had a wall oven installed. But I love the fridge.

Original review: May 25, 2019

We purchased a Jenn-Air 30-inch slide-in induction range in January 2019. We wanted the induction in order to have the quick response of a gas range. The induction cooktop works well. However, the oven is a serious disappointment. The cook temperature is at least 15 degrees too low. This is based not just on two different oven thermometers but also on a specialized 'point-and-shoot' temperature device that provides instant and highly accurate readings. These readings only confirm what is obvious when you try to bake something: foods take much too long to bake. Despite the manual's claim that the oven really does cook at the right temperature, that just is not so. The manual says that you can make an 'offset' to correct the temperature, but I don't know yet whether the temperature error is off by the same amount at different settings.

Another problem is that the cook timer is the worst timer I have ever encountered. When time is up, it makes a single very soft beep (and this is at the maximum volume setting) and then DOES NOT REPEAT FOR A FULL MINUTE WHEN IT MAKES ANOTHER SINGLE, VERY SOFT BEEP. This is worse than useless because you think you have a reminder but you will readily miss it if there is much going on. Just terrible. I would not buy this range again, especially at the price we paid.

Jenn-Air Company Information