Jenn-Air

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I remodeled my kitchen 12 years ago and purchased all new Jenn-Air Pro-Style Appliances -- range, hood, dishwasher, refrigerator, wall oven, microwave, and warming drawer. Within the first year, all but one appliance required a service call but they were all covered under the one year warranty. At 10 years, the refrigerator was deemed non-repairable (compressor failed) so I had to get a new one costing a few thousand dollars. At 11 years, the oven igniter required replacement. At 12 years, the dishwasher required $300 in repairs for the service call, cables, and door hinges. At 12 years, one burner valve failed on the gas range. The problem is that parts were discontinued and cannot be located anywhere and since the burner is leaking gas, the range has to be replaced.

When I purchased the Jenn-Air appliances, I thought the Jenn-Air name stood for quality lasting products I guess I was wrong. The shocking thing is that after a number of years, they discontinue parts and so in some instances, the customer is required to purchase new appliances. The part I needed only cost about $170 while a new range similar to mine is over $5400! Jenn-Air is willing to give me a 'deal' on a new comparable Jenn-Air range but it will still cost me several thousand dollars and my fear is that if there are issues later on and no parts are available, I will be in the same situation. Also, reviews online of the new comparable model were not very favorable.

We have a Jenn-Air double oven, fridge, and dishwasher... All of which have had multiple problems since we purchased them. Thankfully we purchased the extended warranties. The Fridge has been replaced, the oven circuit board has been replaced 3 times, and now the warranty company doesn't want to fix the oven. These appliances are the worst quality for the price I have ever seen!

I purchased a Jenn-Air refrigerator, range and steam oven in June of 2016. The total cost of these appliances was nearly 20-k. At the time of purchase Jenn-Air had a promotion which resulted in a $400 installation rebate. Due to slower than expected construction I had to push back delivery of the appliances. When I called my sales rep to explain this and ask about the rebate, she stated Jenn-Air had extended the promotion through 2016 therefore there would be no issue obtaining the rebate. Well I recently submitted the rebate and received a denial notice from Jenn-Air stating that the promotion I was eligible for expired at the end of June and all rebate forms had to be submitted by August.

When I explained that the delivery was delayed and there was no way I could have had the forms submitted by the deadline the rep said sorry but since the appliances were purchased in June I was not eligible for the July-December promotion and I had missed the window to submit the Jan-June promotion. I asked what the difference between the two promotions was and the rep said the promotional dates. I then asked to speak with a manager. The manager stated the same and was downright nasty. Amazing to me that Jenn-Air a.) has hired individuals like this to speak to their customers and b.) wouldn't work with a customer who received misinformation and had just spent a significant amount of money on three appliances. This will be the last time I purchase appliances from Jenn-Air.

If you like the look of these knobs and dealing with this extra effort at cleaning day-in and day-out, then by all means go get you a Jenn-Air. Within weeks of owning, these rings come unglued... really! And because of the grease that flies everywhere when you're really cooking, these will not stay glued. I owned a Jenn-Air Electric before and loved it. But, I can't stand these knobs on this range!

Jennair oven JDR8895AAS - Purchased dual fuel Jenn-air April 2007. Had purchased extended warranty - good thing I did. In 2009 had to have control circuit board replaced (over $500 for parts and service,) as apparently using self clean on high fries the circuit board (I found this out online, after the fact, as Jenn-air does NOT tell you this. Jenn-air customer service unacceptable - unhelpful, refused to answer direct questions with direct answers). In March 2010 no convection mode - 'serviceman' (again under extended warranty via some small contractor company) barely competent, and appeared to fix problem - not. August 2010 convection fan will not shut off - same company sent another gent, who fixed problem and told me previous serviceman was incompetent.

August 2015 lower oven not holding temperature - at this point I did not renew extended warranty (price now 150% more?!) Researched problem online and bought new oven temperature probes - apparently problem fixed. August 2016 both ovens will not bake, broil, or roast. Five different diagnostic codes for both ovens, stating sensor resistance outside limits. Currently researching what is my cheapest option - fix this overpriced made by Whirlpool trash, or replace it. Only 9.75 years old, and repair costs have exceeded original cost?! Unacceptable product - poorly made, designed for obsolescence and multiple purchases. I will never buy another Jenn-air product again. Please Do Not Purchase any Jenn-air product - a once excellent company is now Whirlpool trash.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

We purchased a kitchen suite when remodeling our kitchen in 2008. Never had a problem with any of our Jenn-Air appliances. We have an electric slide stove, French door refrigerator, dishwasher and over the range convection microwave. We are now building a new home and I just ordered all Jenn-Air Pro appliances. I don't understand all of the negative reviews. I have several friends with the Jenn-Air brand and they love their appliances.

We have a Jenn-Air fridge and a Jenn-Air microwave. We certainly would never have bought badly designed, low quality appliances like this - they came with the house. The fridge is huge on the outside and has almost no space on the inside. The left door has some idiotic flap so you can only close the double doors if you close the left door first. Of course the only reason to build something like this is to spite and annoy whoever is stupid enough to buy it.

The microwave is even worse than the fridge. For one it doesn't rotate. I now fully grasp why every single microwave out there (except this one) rotates your food: if it doesn't it will only heat up in one place and stay cold everywhere else. Jenn-Air's solution to this? If you run something that takes 2 minutes to heat the microwave will beep after 1 minute and prompt you to rotate your food. No kidding. Finally, they didn't make the door standard: it opens like a drawer. So that you spill your drink if the cup is too full. I cannot believe anyone would ever buy anything made by Jenn-Air. It's all garbage.

We built our house 10 years ago and chose all Jenn-Air appliances. Very bad decision! The ice maker on the fridge has never worked. The oven door has fallen off twice. The door on the microwave has fallen off and can't be replaced so we have to buy a new one to the tune of $2,500. The dishwasher is the worst I've ever experienced. It burns the plastic parts and I've replaced them many times. The igniters on the cooktop has been replace twice and the knobs melt so I've replace them. I realize Jenn-Air will probably never see this or care but if I warn others not to purchase this product then maybe some good has come from this review.

I can hardly disagree with numerous complaints on this website. I have been told Whirlpool has purchased Jenn-Air, which may be a good thing unless Whirlpool assumes the same posture Jenn-Air has adopted regarding customer service or, rather, lack thereof. Without sounding redundant, after reading at least thirty consumer complaints, I will only say Jenn-Air has been a miserable failure in appliance quality, and apparently worse in customer service.

A motor that hums loudly in an oven (beginning less than 90 days after first use), even louder in the convection oven, a dishwasher that hasn't cleaned dishes correctly from day one, a light bulb that went out in the first year of use, and a refrigerator that makes a noise reminiscent of a previous one when the compressor went out. In simpler terms, a kitchen filled with faulty, defective and/or deficient appliances that are sub-par at very least. Customer disservice is at its peak. Lesson learned: we should have spent more for either Viking or Wolf appliances, even Bosch would be an upgrade from Jenn-Air.

Our Jenn-Air range with dual fuel and downdraft has NEVER been right. We've replaced the glass control panel a few times and within a year, it still isn't right. Now I know why after reading most of the reviews here. It all makes sense. The glue in the wiring gets hot when the oven is on and melts the wires. Simple but for whatever reason, Jenn-Air will not take responsibility for this and keeps putting out those faulty wiring parts and ovens/ranges. Do not waste your $$$ on this product!!! I also would only give 0 stars if possible.

I spent almost 20,000 on my Jenn Air appliances for my dream kitchen. When the oven was being installed, the door broke. We called Jen Air to replace the door parts that had been compromised. This was the end of APRIL! The technician came to look/fix the oven and told us he had to order the parts and that they would be here in 2 weeks. No one called us back after 2 weeks. When my husband called, they said that the company sent the wrong parts and that they had to re-order the parts again.

We waited again. No one called us back AGAIN! We called and the same thing was told to us. They sent the wrong parts for the second time. So, we waited. We sent the technician multiple pictures to his phone and email to get the situation solved. The parts were re-ordered, but this time, no one could come fix the oven because the technician was on vacation. (We live in the GTA and you are telling me there is only 1 technician???).

We made an appointment for the technician to come fix the oven in July. I took the day off of work to wait for him. No one showed up, no one called. I called the company at 4:00 and they told me that the parts that came in were the wrong parts so they have to re-order the parts for the third time. They told us that the technician would call us next week. Guess what? No one called. I called the company again and they told me the parts have not arrived and that they would be in this week. No one called me this week and here I am sitting with a very expensive oven that was delivered to my house in March and it is now the middle of August and I have not yet used my oven. Just a little ridiculous... our family and friends cannot believe what we are going through.

I thought spending $2500 for a down draft 4 burner gas range and convection oven the quality would be built in. WRONG, one wouldn't believe the cheap materials used in the assembly of this unit. Stamped steel, steel screws that were rusted after 1 year which I wanted to replace with stainless but was warned it would void my warranty and a lot of I'm pretty sure is pot metal. Very difficult to thoroughly clean the burners since they also say not to remove them for this purpose. Bottom line Jenn-Air spring for some quality like you used to be known for. These images are of a stove that belongs to a friend which is out of warranty.

We have had to replace far too many parts on our Jenn-Air range. We have had to replace three burner knobs at a cost of $18.60 each, two heating elements and other parts. We will never buy another Jenn-Air product.

Like several others - we did a complete kitchen remodel (down to the studs) and thank goodness we only bought a Jenn-Air free-standing range (JGR 8875QDB). It was purchased 9-15-2004 and first went out 11-14-2005. Took many calls to get it fixed (and we had to pay for it). Then it was replaced AGAIN 1-31-2009. It has now gone out for the 3rd time. The knobs on the front are plastic and we only have 3 (replacement cost at $20). I rate this a 1-star because it wouldn't let me do zero stars. Our fridge is a 20+ yr old Whirlpool that has never given us any problems. Jenn-Air - never again and I tell EVERYONE that is considering your product this story and hope they learn from our experience.

Dec 29, 2010 (so actually only 5 years ago) I purchased an undercounter diswahser (JDB3600AWS) - $1200, a 30" 4 Burner cooktop (JGD3430WS) - $1700 and a Double Electric Oven (JJW2827WS) - $3600... At the time these were (and still are) considered higher end. All (3) components are now broken. The dishwasher lost some functions (no more 1-hour cycle, no China setting either) and now doesn't drain. What a pc. of **!

The cooktop: The igniter started to "SNAP" by itself with no one asking for flame. Heck we weren't even around it and it was not being used!!! Nice Jenn-Air. What if we weren't home. Would your product have burnt my house down!!??? Again your products suck!! Finally the stove will not come up to temperature and tells me to call Jenn-Air, go figure!

I cannot believe the quality and perception Jenn-Air believes their products have. "Durable" goods by definition means for the long haul but not Jenn-Air products, they are banking on your repair costs. This is obvious as no one will repair them and you must call Jenn-Air. Nice business case Jenn-Air! I've called (3) repair houses. All (3) refused to work on Jenn-Air. When I call Jenn-Air, they want $140 just to show up!!! WTF!! ARE YOU JOKING! Bottom line... I will NEVER buy Jenn-Air again (period)!!!

I had a Jenn-Air oven/stove top unit from the 1980's that is still being used at my friend's home. Not one problem. When I moved to my new house and built the kitchen, I purchased the 6 burner stove top. Thankfully that was the only Jenn-Air product I purchased. First and foremost they do not offer the 6 burner (3 inset units) in Stainless Steel. The polished black is horrible to keep clean. I even have housekeepers who are professionals at cleaning and they have a difficult time keeping it clean. The thing that really bothers me is that the red indicator light that shows when the burner is turned on, pretty well dissolves and so far has had to be replaced 4 times. I am getting ready to call the repairman again for yet another replacement. I should also explain that I rarely cook! I would estimate that I use that cook top twice a week at most.

I was told when I called to have repairman come (they changed the rules where I can't call the repairman directly--I have to contact Jenn-Air) that I should turn the light off and not use it. DUH! How the heck can you use the product when you can't turn on the burner? I almost would look forward to replacing it if it weren't for the fact that the countertop had to be cut to fit it in the island. It is much larger than the other brands that with which I would use as a replacement.

Jenn-Air does not support its products!! This is my third Jenn-Air stove product and it will be my LAST! Jenn-Air does not provide any support. Unit does not have standard knobs as some of the burners are double burners. I pay over $2,000 for a gas downdraft drop in range with 4 different types of control knobs and they do not have the control knobs I need... What am I supposed to do, buy another range for $2,000 because I cannot buy $20 knobs? Maybe I'll buy a new range, but not from these folks. Also, model number is not in any of the written materials, which I kept. Customer service says the only way I can find the model number is to pull the range out from between the cabinets.... not easy to do when it's hooked up to a GAS LINE!! No model number anywhere else... very poor planning. I would rate a zero if I could! RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT PURCHASE FROM JENN-AIR.

2 and a half years ago, we purchased the highest end Jenn-Air kitchen Appliance for our new remodeled kitchen, that included fridge, wall oven convection, and microwave convection as well as a warming drawer and a dishwasher. So far we had at least 2 issues with each item, and we purchased the extended service plan as well... it seems that it only covers just electrical and mechanical issue just like the factory warranty.

Then last year the microwave glass panels developed a drip spot inside the panels, nothing of our doing, and mind you these panels supposedly are air tight and sealed... how can they tell me this is a cosmetic issue and is not covered by factory or extended warranty! I am baffled as to how this spot of white substance is in there, and it's so irritating to look especially when you keep an immaculate clean home, I am so embarrassed by it and refuse to pay for service on a manufacturer defect just like all the other issues we have had. I will never ever purchase their garbage again, and I wouldn't even give them 1 star. Don't waste your hard earned money... I could have purchased a cheaper brand 3 times already for the money I spent.

The warranty for extended care is absolutely a ripoff and covers little if anything, that could go wrong. I needed a replacement rack for the dishwasher I have and was billed $300. This rack and its replacement is an overly complicated piece of trash. The rack fell apart and I ordered and paid for a new one. The spray was attached and needed a pro to unattach from the broken arm and reattached to the new rack, and the warranty refused to pay. For what this cost, totally, I would have been better off with a new machine, which, in the future will not be a Jenn-Air or similar product. They are a bad news outfit.

Jennair Stove JGS8850ADS - This is my third time replacing the control panel. I see it is now $235. I refuse to purchase it at that cost and think it may be better that I buy a new stove and NOT another Jenn-Air. I have been very disappointed about the performance. The burners need replacement. I am very frustrated. I have not used the oven in over 6 months.

Purchased the appliance package for a free hood and dishwasher. Natural gas stove has no simmer function - I'm not kidding - I have to double up my top grate to get the heat low enough. I've had my plumber out twice and it just can't be fixed. The refrigerator is even worse! The water that dispenses from the door does not come out of a cooling tank and is room temperature. I called the technical support line and they told me I need to use ice to cool the water down - how ridiculous is that? I had a cheaper GE profile in my last house that gave us 16 ounces of cold water every 30 minutes or so. The storage in the fridge is also subpar. Dishwasher takes FOREVER!!! Microwave continues making a loud noise even after the cooking has finished. I seriously despise my appliance package and will NEVER buy Jenn-Air again.

I read all the other reviews and would agree with the other reviewers, the Jenn-Air (Pro Style) appliances sucks. I brought my appliances in 2005 a 4 burner cooktop (gas), dishwasher, convection/microwave, and double oven. The microwave stop working in 2012, I called Jenn-Air who recommended a certified vendor to fix the microwave, the service company advised me not to get the microwave fix, because the BTU from the cooktop will burn the microwave motherboard out again and it will be a waste of funds. I could not move the microwave, because I have custom cabinets, which were designed based on my appliances' specification.

I bought a Jenn-Air new microwave, the new microwave outlined the same specs as the original microwave, but the specs of the new Pro Style was actually different, the microwave would have probably burned-out anyway returned to Bray and Scarf. I have a non-working microwave in my kitchen, but the cooking vent still works. Three of burners on the cooktop don't work, the parts are no longer available. My husband manually lights the burners praying every time. I need a new cooktop, but I am afraid the new cooktop may not fit the specs of my cabinets. The dishwasher spills water on my kitchen floor when draining. Also need new racks, the wheels broke off. I need to hurry and order the racks before they're discontinued. I was thinking about purchasing the Pro Style refrigerator, because all of the other appliances are Jenn-Air, which are broken anyway so does not make sense to buy Jenn-Air.

I need to start replacing my appliances with another brand that can fit my cabinetry specifications. Oh by the way, the handles on the double ovens breaks often and the motherboard burned out before, the oven was still under warranty at the time. The appliances has a lifespan of 6-7 years. The Sears Elite appliances have a 15-20 year lifespan, the products will be outdated prior to breaking down. You will need to upgrade for modern and current time. Jenn-Air is about the look, not the quality of the product.

Why are the Jenn-Air parts discontinued so quickly? This is a way to get the consumer to buy new Jenn-Air products. I'm done with Jenn-Air. The worse thing about Jenn-Air products they are only sold at certain certified dealers, the prices are the same across the USA. The certified dealers can't provide promotional deals unless Jenn-Air offers a discount/rebate. The next time I will explore KitchenAID, GE Profile, or Wolf. I haven't heard great things about Viking. A repair guy told me to run as fast as I can from the Viking products. He also stated there was only one certified repair vendor in the DMV area, which it take months to get something repaired.

The ice maker on my 3-year old Jenn-Air (JFC 2290VEM7) french door, counter-depth refrigerator just shorted out. The module showed scorch marks at the heater pin. Of course, it's not covered under the warranty. I called customer service and their offer was to sell me a flat-rate one-year warranty for almost $400. Deplorable customer service and useless warranty, never buying Jenn-Air again.

Purchased Jenn-Air stove, dishwasher and refrigerator in 2009. Stoves controls went out within the first two years and now the broiler does not work. The dishwashers controls have now gone bad and can only get it to work on one setting. The wheels on the rack have all broken and the rack itself is now falling apart. The refrigerator is the only thing that has not had a problem. These were all Jenn-Air top of the line products. I would never purchase them again. A waste of money.

I called Jenn-air about two years ago when half of the control panel stopped working. Now the whole thing stopped working. Had it replaced with mass appliance because when I called Jenn-air two years ago and waited on hold for an hour and had no results with my question, "Was there a recall on the control panel that controls all operations to the stove?" And there was no recall or any thing that could be done. I've spoke with a couple of other consumers and they too are not happy with Jenn-air.

I purchased all new Jenn-Air appliances for my remodel. The cooktop has never worked from the start. Jenn-Air has sent a service company out 3 times and now the fourth to figure out the problem. I asked for the cooktop to be replaced or my money back but they refused. They said their policy was to fix it no matter how many service calls it takes. My first time purchasing Jenn-Air and it will be my last. What happened to customer satisfaction??

I have had a nice looking and very pricey Jenn-Air pro-style gas range for about 6 years now. The original plastic control touch-panel on the front (part number 5760M339-60, used on many similar ranges) failed after only a couple of years. Touchpad positions started going dead, then it just started beeping randomly failing to respond or reboot at all. I replaced it myself with a new unit ($250!!!) which included the whole stainless steel assembly for the front panel. Now THAT one has failed with the same symptoms as the first, and I've just ordered YET ANOTHER replacement unit.

Clearly this is a design flaw, not a random failure or misuse issue. Neither my dealer nor Jenn-Air customer support has been a bit of help, even so far as telling me how to reduce the chances of failure. My suspicion is that the failure is heat-related, but I rarely use the broiler (gas) and never turn on the high-temperature cleaning mode. Note I also have a Jenn-Air Dutch-door counter-depth refrigerator which has given us nothing but trouble. I am writing a separate complaint for THAT little lousy product. If Jenn-Air/Whirlpool (the parent company) doesn't get its design, quality and support acts together, they will surely lose their customers to the Asian and European brands, just the way the car companies did. I want to buy American--really I do--but in this case I feel like a total sucker!!!

My expensive 3 year old refrigerator needs a control panel. I have a warranty purchased from Jenn-Aire. They first stated that they would shut down the frig for a week, while taking out the control panel and repairing it. They would not provide a frig in the mean time. INSANE, no one repairs parts, they replace them and a week with no frig is horrible service. Then they said they'd refund the cost of the warranty because the repair would cost too much. Huh? This is idiocy. Then Wanda, who would not give her last name, stated that the refrigerator could not be repaired because the control panel, which actually fits Jenn-Aire, Maytag, and whirlpool models EAP3653270 and cross reference W10468943 was no longer available. I found it readily available by googling in less than 3 seconds. JENN-AIRE ARE THIEVES AND DISHONEST. THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM FOR THE RIP OFF WARRANTY.

My oven is 7 years old. I have only used self cleaning feature about 3-4 times. The touch panel burned out and had to be replaced. The part was almost 300 plus 150 for service call. If the oven has a self cleaning feature, then it shouldn't burn out the touch pad. I was told that sometimes the temperature gets too hot. They said unfortunately components may fail due to factors over which they have no control. I will never buy Jenn-Air again. That is not an answer. When I called to find out what to do, I was told no technician was available.

Purchased all Jenn-Air Appliances for a remodel at a cost of over $10,000.00!!! From the date of delivery and installation on December 24th, Christmas Eve, I have been extremely disappointed! I purchase the appliances with high expectations only to discover that on Christmas morning the over of the Dual Fuel downdraft range did not work. This is not what I was anticipating on Christmas day, and committed to hosting Dinner for 30! I had to cook at my neighbor's home and transport food back to my home, very nice to have wonderful neighbors that were out of town!

The dishwasher will not completely dry the dishes and will not discharge the water, leaving appropriate 3 inches of water in the bottom. I must manually discharge the excess water by hitting cancel after each wash. The microwave light on the inside continues to blow the bulb, but this was never covered by the manufacturer warranty so, I paid for approximately 15 lights and the replacement, it will not completely warm food, it takes extremely long! The refrigerator also has its share of issues. The compressor has been replaced 2 times, the design of the water/ice dispenser on the door is set too far forward and water or ice goes everywhere on the floor.

I have replaced the dishwasher motor, motherboard, control panel, the oven door toggle switch, control panel 4 oven burners on the bottom and 2 gas burners on the stove top. The microwave lights continues and the control panel 2 times and as stated 2 compressors, relay switches evaporators, dryers!!! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A JENN AIR PRODUCT AGAIN! These items should be recalled and a lawsuit against the parent company filed for all the lost time and enjoyment sitting around waiting for service representative on over priced faulty appliances!

Jenn-Air Company Profile