Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: May 5, 2021

I purchased Jenn-Air kitchen appliances in January 2020 including a 48” fridge, dishwasher, microwave/wall oven and fridge freezer drawers. A year later, I have had multiple service appointments with every single item and not a single appliance performs correctly. I have had over six service appointments just on the microwave/wall oven with multiple parts replaced (electrical panel, control panel, fan). It still spontaneously shuts off. The dishwasher only turns on half the time. Both ice makers don’t work. The lights in the fridge needed to be replaced.

I have asked to refund or replace these items on multiple occasions and have been denied. I’ve appealed to the highest level of the company. To add insult to injury, they sent me a $200 gift card for my trouble. I spent over 20k on these appliances and it is the worst experience I have had with any company. Worse than that is the time and hassle, the numerous days waiting around for service appointments and weeks without appliances working. To this day, I have no resolution. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 24, 2021

One of the igniters on our Jenn-Air stove top needs to be replaced but to gain access to the igniter two of the burners have to be removed. The problem is the screws that fasten the burners to the stovetop are completely rusted and have to be drilled out and that`s a $500 plus job. So why why why were stainless steel screws not installed at the factory?!! Every time you have a little spill or a boil-over water is getting down there and soaking those screws. It's unfortunate because the stove has been good for 9 years (we did have another ignition problem repaired under warranty a few years ago) and looks great. Whatever brand you consider buying or already have, check for those screws on the stovetop and if they will potentially rust.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2021

After several attempts to repair lights that have never worked since day one, this one is a very bad product. Waste of over $10,000. Sorry I purchased this built in refrigerator. Jenn-Air not to be trusted.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Purchased a Jenn-Air combination convection oven/convection microwave just over 5 years ago. The cost of the unit was approximately $4800 at that time. 3 months out of warranty, the microwave stopped working. At this point there have been 9 service calls in an attempt to repair the unit to no avail. The magnetron & inverter have been replaced twice & now heading into the third time. The thermostat, transformer & appliance manager have all been replaced as well. So how long does this go on??

Jenn-Air have offered to replace the appliance at first a 15% discount & after speaking with the supervisor they offered 20%, then 25%, then 30% as their final offer. Obviously these appliances are not built to last any longer than the 5 year warranty period. I do not recommend Jenn-Air as a source for any new purchase nor would I ever purchase another unit for myself. I am a general contractor & builder who will be dissuading any further purchases of Jenn-Air from my customers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

5K down on a new fridge 7 months ago, Jenn-Air just pushed delivery out to July, 1 year delay because of COVID / vendor issues, I think not. I am deflated and I haven't even gotten the unit yet. I am not even sure what to think at this point.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

My wife and I recently completed construction of our new home. We decided on JennAir appliances for the kitchen. For the range, we liked the look of the Rise line, and purchased a 36” gas range. Unfortunately, the oven portion quit working after 8 months of use. We of course contacted JennAir about the problem, only to have a service member come to our home....3 days late.... and tell us he cannot locate parts! I reached out to JennAir, again. Their customer service rep informed me that parts are back ordered, and we should not expect to see our range repaired for 3 to 4 weeks.... That is a month without a range oven, after spending just shy of $6700. If you are looking set fire to a large sum of money, play lottery prior to purchasing JennAir products - you will most likely have better luck and a more enjoyable experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I purchased a Jenn Air Duel Fuel Slide-in Range 5 years ago and within the first year, I the control panel had to be replaced for the first time. Since that time, it has been replaced twice more and the heating element failed twice. Thankfully I had an extended warranty contract but being without a working oven each time is a terrible inconvenience. The oven has a AquaLift self cleaning feature which is useless as it did not perform as marketed and the JennAir technician advised against using it as it was likely what was causing the control panel failure. What has prompted this writing is that during the most recent service call the technician discovered that the Burner Box under the heating element is corroded and cracking. Needless to say that one should not expect so many issues with a 5 year, higher end product. I would not recommend purchasing Jenn-Air.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Purchased 24” drawer refrigerator freezer December 2019 from ADU Appliance, Linthicum Maryland and BOTH ADU and JENNAIR refuse return of their NONWORKING unit after service calls, replacement unit and service calls, still not working, JennAir and ADU will not return. Now I am stuck with a $4k 24” hunk of junk in my kitchen that still does not work. Unit refrigerator consistently freezes food, milk, cream, broccoli etc., and freezer temperature would not stay on anything but zero. Obtained service and was informed that freezer temperature will default to zero. Refrigerator still freezing food and drinks. Had unit serviced. JennAir service contractor ordered a new temperature control panel, waited 2-3 mos, no part, requested a refund, they offered replacement.

New unit installed August. SAME PROBLEM. Consulted with service on the operation, SAME problem. SERVICED again, they used silicone to seal freezer from refrigerator smelling entire refrigerator contents- had to throw everything out. Now refrigerator freezes everything AND freezer is ICING causing problems opening and closing drawers AND throwing ice all over my freshly refinished wood floor. JennAir still refused to return the SECOND non working drawer refrigerator. I wonder if they would wait over a year to be paid because they obviously expect me to wait over a year for something that MAY work after they were paid in full.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Less than 2 yrs after we spent top $$ on Jenn-Air appliances, the wall oven Control panel was replaced. Then again in 2 yrs the Control panel started to show error message (shorted/stuck key. Customer service told us to turn off breaker and reset oven. This we were doing forever because of the error messages. Finally the message now come on all the time accompanied by beeping sounds. Called Jenn-Air and was advised that the Control panel has to replaced by a technician and that it would cost $1100 plus technician cost. This oven is very expensive to maintain especially when you have to cough up $1500 every 2 yr (control panel life). I would never recommend Jenn-Air oven to anyone. I will never buy Jenn-Air again. O stars.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

The AquaLift Self Cleaning is a joke. It does not do a good or even reasonable job of cleaning. Jenn Air won't do anything about it. You can check other reviews of this system on the internet. Stains remain no matter how many times you run the system. The manual tells Not to use oven cleaners or abrasives, which I can understand. However JennAirs AquaLift is terrible. The range performs very well otherwise, but who has the ability to check the so called self clean system when purchasing a range.

Jenn-Air Company Information