2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

Purchased a Jenn-Air combination convection oven/convection microwave just over 5 years ago. The cost of the unit was approximately $4800 at that time. 3 months out of warranty, the microwave stopped working. At this point there have been 9 service calls in an attempt to repair the unit to no avail. The magnetron & inverter have been replaced twice & now heading into the third time. The thermostat, transformer & appliance manager have all been replaced as well. So how long does this go on??

Jenn-Air have offered to replace the appliance at first a 15% discount & after speaking with the supervisor they offered 20%, then 25%, then 30% as their final offer. Obviously these appliances are not built to last any longer than the 5 year warranty period. I do not recommend Jenn-Air as a source for any new purchase nor would I ever purchase another unit for myself. I am a general contractor & builder who will be dissuading any further purchases of Jenn-Air from my customers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

5K down on a new fridge 7 months ago, Jenn-Air just pushed delivery out to July, 1 year delay because of COVID / vendor issues, I think not. I am deflated and I haven't even gotten the unit yet. I am not even sure what to think at this point.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

This Jenn-Air free standing range had all the bells and whistles and after all she was 12 years old and never needed a repairman but finally gave up last week. She had multiple organ failures; the door hinges, oven relay and locking mechanism. I guess we got our money's worth.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

My wife and I recently completed construction of our new home. We decided on JennAir appliances for the kitchen. For the range, we liked the look of the Rise line, and purchased a 36” gas range. Unfortunately, the oven portion quit working after 8 months of use. We of course contacted JennAir about the problem, only to have a service member come to our home....3 days late.... and tell us he cannot locate parts! I reached out to JennAir, again. Their customer service rep informed me that parts are back ordered, and we should not expect to see our range repaired for 3 to 4 weeks.... That is a month without a range oven, after spending just shy of $6700. If you are looking set fire to a large sum of money, play lottery prior to purchasing JennAir products - you will most likely have better luck and a more enjoyable experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I purchased a Jenn Air Duel Fuel Slide-in Range 5 years ago and within the first year, I the control panel had to be replaced for the first time. Since that time, it has been replaced twice more and the heating element failed twice. Thankfully I had an extended warranty contract but being without a working oven each time is a terrible inconvenience. The oven has a AquaLift self cleaning feature which is useless as it did not perform as marketed and the JennAir technician advised against using it as it was likely what was causing the control panel failure. What has prompted this writing is that during the most recent service call the technician discovered that the Burner Box under the heating element is corroded and cracking. Needless to say that one should not expect so many issues with a 5 year, higher end product. I would not recommend purchasing Jenn-Air.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Purchased 24” drawer refrigerator freezer December 2019 from ADU Appliance, Linthicum Maryland and BOTH ADU and JENNAIR refuse return of their NONWORKING unit after service calls, replacement unit and service calls, still not working, JennAir and ADU will not return. Now I am stuck with a $4k 24” hunk of junk in my kitchen that still does not work. Unit refrigerator consistently freezes food, milk, cream, broccoli etc., and freezer temperature would not stay on anything but zero. Obtained service and was informed that freezer temperature will default to zero. Refrigerator still freezing food and drinks. Had unit serviced. JennAir service contractor ordered a new temperature control panel, waited 2-3 mos, no part, requested a refund, they offered replacement.

New unit installed August. SAME PROBLEM. Consulted with service on the operation, SAME problem. SERVICED again, they used silicone to seal freezer from refrigerator smelling entire refrigerator contents- had to throw everything out. Now refrigerator freezes everything AND freezer is ICING causing problems opening and closing drawers AND throwing ice all over my freshly refinished wood floor. JennAir still refused to return the SECOND non working drawer refrigerator. I wonder if they would wait over a year to be paid because they obviously expect me to wait over a year for something that MAY work after they were paid in full.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Less than 2 yrs after we spent top $$ on Jenn-Air appliances, the wall oven Control panel was replaced. Then again in 2 yrs the Control panel started to show error message (shorted/stuck key. Customer service told us to turn off breaker and reset oven. This we were doing forever because of the error messages. Finally the message now come on all the time accompanied by beeping sounds. Called Jenn-Air and was advised that the Control panel has to replaced by a technician and that it would cost $1100 plus technician cost. This oven is very expensive to maintain especially when you have to cough up $1500 every 2 yr (control panel life). I would never recommend Jenn-Air oven to anyone. I will never buy Jenn-Air again. O stars.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

The AquaLift Self Cleaning is a joke. It does not do a good or even reasonable job of cleaning. Jenn Air won't do anything about it. You can check other reviews of this system on the internet. Stains remain no matter how many times you run the system. The manual tells Not to use oven cleaners or abrasives, which I can understand. However JennAirs AquaLift is terrible. The range performs very well otherwise, but who has the ability to check the so called self clean system when purchasing a range.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Purchased these products with the understanding that there were more pricey, hence a better quality product. Nothing further from the truth. Fridge keeps leaking water from filter area. Had it checked, replaced filter. Tested and no issue found, However now it still leaking from a different area, Had serviced, inspected. Was fine for two weeks now again n still leaking. Dishwasher, will not run through any cycles. Had motherboard replaced twice, had rail latch for door replaced. Now same issues now we are waiting on another motherboard. Due to covid it has been 4 weeks now still waiting on part. Purchased all Jenn Air products for our kitchen remodel in Spring of 2016. Have had issues since 2019 at 3 years old. There are now 4 years old. We have not extended warranties at this point. I have expressed my disappointment to dealer to no avail.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Purchased a Jenn-Air Dual Fuel Pro Range installed in March 2020 and are extremely dissatisfied. Multiple service calls in the first 90 days, and multiple issues still not fixed. The service people take guesses at replacing different parts to see if the problem goes away. Even though we purchased an extended warranty, the retailer tells us to keep repairing or deal directly with Whirlpool, the manufacturer. Called Whirlpool at the advice of one of the service techs, but Whirlpool says there is nothing they can do and points back to the retailer. The product gives off propane odor and gas fumes, works erratically and is not safe to have in your home. STAY AWAY from this product.

Jenn-Air Company Information