1.27/5
Based on 188 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

384 Jenn-Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We have a commercial stove, and the valve that controls the oven flame has gone bad. No one can find a replacement valve, so I contacted Jenn-air directly. Their only response is that that valve is no longer available, and they, "are sorry." I guess they are fine with my hauling the several thousand dollar stove to the scrap metal yard, and wait for me to show up at one of their stores and buy another entire stove (absolutely not going to happen). Bottom line: They do not support replacement parts!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My Jenn-Air downdraft cooktop is a black glass version and I have found the quality control to be a real issue. After only 11 months one glass burner began to show white dots below the surface. Since it is below the surface, no amount of cleaning, buffing or any other type of effort resolved the issue. Jenn-Air sent a technician out and he verified that the problem was below the surface and, therefore, not the result of misuse. Unfortunately, Jenn-Air refused to replace the unit and eventually wrote it off as a cosmetic issue. As a result, I would look elsewhere for a cooktop.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased the higher end Jenn-Air for my new remodeled kitchen. I spent the money to get quality. The downdraft range can hardly suck a sparrow's feather, its knobs all broke with the first 2 years. The refrigerator in-door ice maker never worked right from day one and the dishwasher is worthless. We had a temporary DW for 1 year prior to remodel and bought a cheap $300 one knowing we would throw it out when we remodeled and that honestly worked way better in 6. I’m a contractor. I would NEVER RECOMMEND Jenn-Air. There is only my wife and I so it has never had heavy use. Service department, don’t even waste your time on hold to end up with useless help.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Our 27" wall oven, installed in July of 2018, has had the computer board replaced twice and now needs a new blower. We use this oven about once every 2 weeks. We are very disappointed in the performance of this oven and the poor quality of parts. For a marketed "luxury" brand with a hefty price tag, it has been big problem. I would never buy Jenn-Air again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Ordered new Jenn-Air fridge in Feb of 2018 for our kitchen reno. Completion date of construction was first week of July, so we thought that was ample time. Found out in April the fridge was going to be backordered until end of July. Not a big deal we thought. Well it is now the end of October and still no sign of it. Apparently issues with production of new compressors in Germany. They have had our money since May. Looking to buy a different fridge now but difficult as kitchen cabinets were custom designed around the one we ordered. NOT IMPRESSED.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We purchased a Jenn-Air Downdraft range for our previous home and had over 10 years of exceptional service from the unit. We purchased a new home and relocated 5 years ago, remodeled the kitchen and purchased Jenn-Air appliances for the home. The range has been a complete and utter JOKE. We've had problems with the range elements constantly beginning the second year. Fixed one and had another go out within two months. After about a year we have lost use of another element and it's going to be another expense to repair it. I don't know what's happened to Jenn-Air, but we truly regret this purchase. Please shop around and investigate before you spend this type of money for a range. Jenn-Air is not worth it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We purchased a new home with a Jenn Air appliance package - Oven, Refrigerator, and dishwasher. Within the first six months we have had issues with the fridge, freezer, and oven. We have been without use of our oven for over a month. The hassle this has caused my family has been enormous. No ability to cook a meal. Jenn Air's response was to extend the warranty for a year. I would stay far away from Jenn Air. Not reliable, awful customer service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I moved into my brand new house the end of July. Because I was building, I had to make my appliance selections back in March. Two weeks before closing (end of July), I was told there was a 3-4 week back order so naturally I anticipated to receive my new refrigerator by the beginning of September at the latest. Well, it is mid-October and I am still waiting and no details as to the status of the back order and why. This is ridiculously a long time to wait on a product that you spend $4700 on and no communication or explanation for the reason of the back order! I’m typically a very patient person and don’t like to be a squeaky wheel but my patience is being tested and l think I’m overdue to squeak!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

42” Jenn-Air refrigerator loved the unit until year 9 and I understand things breaks and need repair but after over $1,000.00 in repairs and additional warranty the refrigerator is in not fixable. Today after a year of repeated repair visits 7-8 we took the refrigerator to the scrap yard. It was worth $14.00 and change. Whirlpool sent us $1,200.00 since they deemed the unit not fixable due to a circuit board being manufactured discontinued. The cost to replace is around $9.000.00 plus tax/installation and the old custom wood door will not fit the new units. We really expected the unit to last longer and knew there would be repairs at some point to keep it going and had no issues with spending 2-3k but Whirlpool does not make or can they find parts. What good is a 12 year sealed unit warranty when a circuit board takes the whole thing down. This is the kind of thing that is filling our landfills.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I spent more money on Jenn-Air with hopes they would be better quality. I bought a 42" built in stove. No issues. Microwave with drawer that comes out. No issues. Induction/convection range that has had a couple issues. Sensor was shot. Very strong melted plastic/wire smell all of a sudden, 5 months in when I used the stove. Beverage centre has had a drawer part on order for 6 months but Jenn-Air or their service tech has been absent. Still waiting, after multiple follow ups. Since the drawer is out of alignment it rubbed on the seal, breaking it too. I am not impressed overall with Jenn-Air on many levels. I wouldn't buy Jenn-Air again.

Jenn-Air Company Information