1.28/5
Based on 184 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

380 Jenn-Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Ordered new Jenn-Air fridge in Feb of 2018 for our kitchen reno. Completion date of construction was first week of July, so we thought that was ample time. Found out in April the fridge was going to be backordered until end of July. Not a big deal we thought. Well it is now the end of October and still no sign of it. Apparently issues with production of new compressors in Germany. They have had our money since May. Looking to buy a different fridge now but difficult as kitchen cabinets were custom designed around the one we ordered. NOT IMPRESSED.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We purchased a Jenn-Air Downdraft range for our previous home and had over 10 years of exceptional service from the unit. We purchased a new home and relocated 5 years ago, remodeled the kitchen and purchased Jenn-Air appliances for the home. The range has been a complete and utter JOKE. We've had problems with the range elements constantly beginning the second year. Fixed one and had another go out within two months. After about a year we have lost use of another element and it's going to be another expense to repair it. I don't know what's happened to Jenn-Air, but we truly regret this purchase. Please shop around and investigate before you spend this type of money for a range. Jenn-Air is not worth it.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We purchased a new home with a Jenn Air appliance package - Oven, Refrigerator, and dishwasher. Within the first six months we have had issues with the fridge, freezer, and oven. We have been without use of our oven for over a month. The hassle this has caused my family has been enormous. No ability to cook a meal. Jenn Air's response was to extend the warranty for a year. I would stay far away from Jenn Air. Not reliable, awful customer service.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I moved into my brand new house the end of July. Because I was building, I had to make my appliance selections back in March. Two weeks before closing (end of July), I was told there was a 3-4 week back order so naturally I anticipated to receive my new refrigerator by the beginning of September at the latest. Well, it is mid-October and I am still waiting and no details as to the status of the back order and why. This is ridiculously a long time to wait on a product that you spend $4700 on and no communication or explanation for the reason of the back order! I’m typically a very patient person and don’t like to be a squeaky wheel but my patience is being tested and l think I’m overdue to squeak!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

42” Jenn-Air refrigerator loved the unit until year 9 and I understand things breaks and need repair but after over $1,000.00 in repairs and additional warranty the refrigerator is in not fixable. Today after a year of repeated repair visits 7-8 we took the refrigerator to the scrap yard. It was worth $14.00 and change. Whirlpool sent us $1,200.00 since they deemed the unit not fixable due to a circuit board being manufactured discontinued. The cost to replace is around $9.000.00 plus tax/installation and the old custom wood door will not fit the new units. We really expected the unit to last longer and knew there would be repairs at some point to keep it going and had no issues with spending 2-3k but Whirlpool does not make or can they find parts. What good is a 12 year sealed unit warranty when a circuit board takes the whole thing down. This is the kind of thing that is filling our landfills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I spent more money on Jenn-Air with hopes they would be better quality. I bought a 42" built in stove. No issues. Microwave with drawer that comes out. No issues. Induction/convection range that has had a couple issues. Sensor was shot. Very strong melted plastic/wire smell all of a sudden, 5 months in when I used the stove. Beverage centre has had a drawer part on order for 6 months but Jenn-Air or their service tech has been absent. Still waiting, after multiple follow ups. Since the drawer is out of alignment it rubbed on the seal, breaking it too. I am not impressed overall with Jenn-Air on many levels. I wouldn't buy Jenn-Air again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Went to Expressions Home Gallery in Irvine CA and ordered a full kitchen and paid for it upfront. I was told the refrigerator was "not in yet". 11 months later still nothing. NOT HAPPY! I called and called and just got the runaround. Now Jenn-Air says that they don't even have it made. Why would offer a item for sale that you don't have made and can't deliver. Seems a little fishy to me. Then I got a call from a Jenn-Air rep who just gave me the same talk and offered a "gift card" for my troubles and well, that never happened. It would of been nice to know this info beforehand then I could of gone somewhere else... THANKS JENN-AIR. You put me in a bad place. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! What a joke.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We have a refrigerator, 36" professional gas range and dishwasher from Jenn-Air. The dishwasher has been the worst. I paid $1200 and have spent $900 in repairs over the 5 years that we've owned it. It now takes several tries before it starts. We had the repair guys out again and now they're saying another board and another $500 is required to repair it. That won't happen. As much as I want all my appliances to match I will not sink another dollar into this piece of junk and I will never buy a Jenn-Air appliance again. STAY AWAY FROM JENN-AIR!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We did a very large remodel of our kitchen and I wanted to "splurge" for nice appliances. I bought all Jenn-Air products. Within 3 months, refrigerator started have issues. Repairman out 7 times. 7 times of taking off work! Then cooktop started having issues. They repaired it. Dishwasher the same, was repaired. It is a little over a year (In March) and we have a new refrigerator, repaired the dishwasher, cooktop, twice, and now the microwave works part time. (Repairman coming Monday.) Needless to say, not a fan! The only thing I haven't had trouble with are the double ovens, but the oven light does come on at night randomly, so who knows.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Hey, Jenn-Air, guess what? STOVES GET HOT. News flash here. Why in the hell they would design a stove that, when in use, burns out the electronic controls in the front panel? I am on panel #3 and now guess what, they do not make the part anymore. I now have to buy a new stove if I want to use my oven. Thanks Jenn-Air for doing your homework and coming up with such a good well thought out design. I will NEVER buy from you again. So much for "high end" appliances.

Jenn-Air Company Information