2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.66/5

Jenn-Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

The AquaLift Self Cleaning is a joke. It does not do a good or even reasonable job of cleaning. Jenn Air won't do anything about it. You can check other reviews of this system on the internet. Stains remain no matter how many times you run the system. The manual tells Not to use oven cleaners or abrasives, which I can understand. However JennAirs AquaLift is terrible. The range performs very well otherwise, but who has the ability to check the so called self clean system when purchasing a range.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Purchased these products with the understanding that there were more pricey, hence a better quality product. Nothing further from the truth. Fridge keeps leaking water from filter area. Had it checked, replaced filter. Tested and no issue found, However now it still leaking from a different area, Had serviced, inspected. Was fine for two weeks now again n still leaking. Dishwasher, will not run through any cycles. Had motherboard replaced twice, had rail latch for door replaced. Now same issues now we are waiting on another motherboard. Due to covid it has been 4 weeks now still waiting on part. Purchased all Jenn Air products for our kitchen remodel in Spring of 2016. Have had issues since 2019 at 3 years old. There are now 4 years old. We have not extended warranties at this point. I have expressed my disappointment to dealer to no avail.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Purchased a Jenn-Air Dual Fuel Pro Range installed in March 2020 and are extremely dissatisfied. Multiple service calls in the first 90 days, and multiple issues still not fixed. The service people take guesses at replacing different parts to see if the problem goes away. Even though we purchased an extended warranty, the retailer tells us to keep repairing or deal directly with Whirlpool, the manufacturer. Called Whirlpool at the advice of one of the service techs, but Whirlpool says there is nothing they can do and points back to the retailer. The product gives off propane odor and gas fumes, works erratically and is not safe to have in your home. STAY AWAY from this product.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I have repeatedly asked for use and care manuals for my Jenn-Air appliances. The double oven is especially difficult and JennAir tells me I can look anything up online with my model and serial numbers. Hardly convenient when you are trying to figure out the conversion tables or how to properly work the probe. Their next suggestion was that I print out all of the manual off the internet and staple them together. I was on hold for more than 15 minutes. I’m getting a better results from the dealer that sold it to us, Mountain HighAppliance.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Storage racks and overall arrangement optimizes the available washing space without compromising upon the quality of wash. Almost trouble free service for 15 years. Noise level could be improved. Door locks can be improved. Front operating pane is very user friendly. Price is an important factor and some economical substitutes should be developed.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Gas range sucks and Jenn Air support sucks. Spent $20,000 on all my appliances and all of them have had issues just after warranty expires. Jenn air sent out technicians that don’t find out the problem and jenn air higher ups don’t support their own product. Will never buy or recommend jenn air to anyone again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

This is the worst stove and oven I have ever had and I'm 70. The self cleaning is a joke, and to clean the top, it is a major chore. It spots easily. The oven is NEVER clean after cleaning. It doesn't heat up well, and is a total sham.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I purchased a brand new home with all Jenn-Air appliances, they are terrible, dishwasher pretty much never worked, issues with our stove-top, double wall confection oven wasn't heating from the beginning, they replaced it and not even 4 years later error codes and guess what not working. The prices of their appliances are not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We have a professional Jenn-Air 48" range, model PRG4810LP. I estimate the range is 11 years old since house was built in 2008. We moved in 2012. Ever since then the range has given us problems. The first problems were with the stove burners. Some had melted slightly and didnt operate properly. It was a nightmare to work on. The repair company spent at least 15 labor hours on it. The technician says this is the worst range to perform repair work on. We continued to have sporadic problems for the following years with the burners. Now for the reason I will never buy Jenn-air and I caution everyone that is thinking of buying a Jenn-air.

This year, 2019, we had problems with the main oven not lighting. After researching it seems likely to be the igniter. Also as I was troubleshooting the problem, I noticed the oven door was not closing tightly. (Explains a couple of things---the oven never seemed to cook correctly and the front of the oven was very very hot.) So starts my search for parts. The igniter was available at some locations, but very scarce. Also the one for this oven was list at just over $200 USD. Very expensive compared to what an igniter for basic 30" ovens cost.

I also was looking for hinges. They were nowhere to be found. In fact, most websites list most parts for the oven as "Discontinued". I finally called Jenn-air and was forwarded to their own parts department. The lady there confirmed that yes, the hinges were discontinued and now substitutions were available. I asked her, "so you mean to tell me I have a $10,000 unusable piece of metal in my kitchen?" The lady said, "yes, I am afraid so".

I called back to their customer service department. I told the lady my dilemma and that I could not believe a professional level oven does not have parts available. I was told, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this model is just not supported any longer and parts are no longer available." I could not believe what I was hearing. Why would a company not have parts available for their high end, professional level product???? If I had a average $500 30" range, there are all kinds of parts available. There are parts available for ranges over 20 years old in this category. The way Jenn-air's parts and customer service department was so unconcerned just tells me this company just doesn't care. Stay away from this brand!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We paid $2,000.00 for our Jenn-Air 30” Electric Downdraft Convection Range only to have continual problems with the electric keypad. While the part was covered under warranty, we were on the hook for the nearly $200 repair. We've wasted too much money by going with Jenn-Air. It's hard to imagine recommending them ever in the future.

Jenn-Air Company Information