3.0/5 (698 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Jenn-Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

My Jenn-Air oven was 7 years old when the lower oven blower needed to be replaced which caused the oven to not work at all. It took several weeks before a repair person was able to come out and replace that part. That did not fix the problem, yes the oven then worked, but made a bizarre sound when on a cleaning cycle. The same part needed replacement because it was faulty, as well as needing a new control; waited a month before it was repaired. Almost one and a half years later the lower oven blower has failed again. Out of warranty this time. Repair was done, however, oven would make a bad noise the moment it was turned on and again until it cooled.

Had a repair person come out again and at this time said the problem was the upper blower. Obviously, there is something wrong with the manufacturing of these parts. At this point I have spent over $1400 in repairs. I should also mention that I don't use the oven that often since I rely on a small oven many times. Jenn-Air was acquired by Whirlpool in 2006 and now represents the super-premium segment of Whirlpool Corporation brand portfolio. Maybe it's time they supervise and check the factories manufacturing their replacement parts.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Beware of incorrect installation specs in your manual when building your kitchen around these appliances. Purchased Jenn-Air EVERYTHING because that's what Best Buy sold me on... Our cabinet makers used their manual guide posted on their website to build the built-in cabinet... Jenn-Air is SO negligent that their manual has the wrong information posted so the fridge will stick out rather than being flush. Customer service emailed me a document with the correct information and told me the fridge will still work. Of course, it will work, but I didn't spend 12k on a fridge and 50k on a custom kitchen to have a built-in fridge that sticks out. The manual has the wrong information - if this is just the beginning of my experience with Jenn-Air, I'm ready to send EVERYTHING back to Best Buy. The customer service rep is escalating my issue - will see what happens. If you have purchased a built-in, do not go by what the manual says, the depth MUST be 25".

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I recently purchased a complete Jenn-air kitchen suite. Units have been installed per manufacturer's specifications. Both built-in wall oven and stove top overheat and both my contractor and repair service stated these are common issues.

1. Wall oven overheats in self-cleaning cycle.

2. Cooktop overheats.

Anyone interested in joining a class-action suit please contact me.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

My previous two downdraft and cooktops made by Jenn Air were fantastic appliances. Both lasted 20 years with very heavy use. The new one I just purchased this year? Trash. Who designed this? The oven isn’t self cleaning, it’s moisture assisted scrubbing. The cooktop is far more difficult to clean, and scratches easier. The finish - stainless steel type - never really looks clean. The cooktop controls are touchy. It either barely heats or goes to high heat. The controls are touchy, and barely a brush of a finger, and the mode or temp or time or something is altered. I hate this stove. Horribly disappointed, but can’t afford to buy another. Fortunate I do like cold salads and sandwiches.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I had all Jenn-air appliances installed into a new house we moved into in Nov 2016. By April 2019 the dishwasher developed a fault on the inlet valve and caused a water leak out of the dishwasher requiring complete replacement of our wooden flooring. Replaced it with a Bosch. Later in 2019 the microwave failed and could not be repaired, replaced it with a Whirlpool model identical to the Jenn-air but much cheaper! The double oven had from time to time displayed error messages, cleared by turning off the power to the oven, and often the top or bottom lights would come on for no reason.

Now the control panel is reporting error F2E1, similar to other reviews here. Jenn-air hides behind its warranty, which has by now expired. The cost to replace the control panel is over $1300. In my opinion this company has a great marketing department and apparently a poor hardware and software development group. One star is way too many for this company. I can only say after multiple experiences with Jenn-air they do not regard reliability as important. I have no legal experience, but the numerous control panel issues reported on their ovens looks to be a systematic design and/or manufacturing issue.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

In 2018 we purchased a Jen-Air wall oven, Dishwasher and Refrigerator. In these four years we replaced the Wall oven three times (you have to be the Hulk to change the racks to a different level…). The Dishwasher pump needed to be changed, and the door gasket on the refrigerator was torn and had to be replaced. I will NEVER buy anything that this company makes. Pretty expensive mistake.

Original review: March 31, 2022

For more than 1.5 years I have needed a new gasket for my 10,000.00 fridge. I have spent hours upon hours trying to get the part. They have sent me the wrong part 5 TIMES!! The last time I talked to their customer service representative, she promised to send me the part directly - 6 weeks ago. I still do not have it. Which means I must call them again. I try to tell them that my 10.00 gasket is catalogued incorrectly. They say they have investigated (hahaha) but still have been unable to find me a gasket for my fridge. RUN from Jenn Air.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Don’t buy Jenn-Air products. They are a piece of crap. We have a dishwasher, stove and microwave. They’ve all failed and their customer service has been awful. Beware of this crap company. I want it all out of my house and I would replace it all if I could afford to start over. And Perch is totally helpful too and I would never go to that store again either.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

In my development, the top model homes have Jenn-Air kitchen appliances costing several thousands of dollars. Most home owners here have constant problem with these supposedly high end appliances. In my home, the control panel on the Electric Wall oven has been replaced twice. I understand this model oven has a design flaw, which Jenn-Air is aware of. We use the oven less than once per month. Our dishwasher was replaced. The replacement worked for about one year. It stopped working since around 12/15/21. Jenn-Air ordered the part. After about 4 weeks, they came back to say they can find the part and that they will give me an upgrade dishwasher.

When the upgrade arrived, it had conspicuous dents in the front so they took it back. As of today, Jenn-Air does not know the ETA of the second replacement. It has been more than two months. I had GE appliances in my previous home and never once needed service repairs. Reading from the Facebook posts in my development, some homeowners have worse experience with their Jenn-Air appliances. We have 175 homes in our development but Jenn-Air repair techs are here all the time. Jenn-Air appliances are considered high-end. Are they?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Built home 7 years ago. After 4 years control panel on oven went out. Since all of our appliances were Jenn-Air we purchased a second Jenn-Air wall oven (during that time our Jenn-Air dishwasher also only 4 years old started leaking) since the control panel was discontinued on previous oven. Now not even 2 years later again the control panel went out and we are told it will be $1000 to replace. Absolutely not acceptable for a company to run a business like this. Have reached out with no response.

Jenn-Air Company Information