Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Reviews

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I purchased a combo microwave/convection-oven in 2016. I really like this unit. It had a typical one-year warranty but near the end of that time Jenn-Air sent me an offer to take out a 3-year extended warranty for repairs [perhaps they also offered replace, I don't remember] which was a very reasonable price. Because it was reasonable, even tho I hadn't had any problems, I purchased it. In 2018 it began to show an error message and shut off. I called the warranty number and got great service.

A few weeks ago, the microwave and oven both decided not to cook - most of the time! I kept trying different settings and sometimes got it to work. This time the warranty people said neither of the 2 service companies in my area had ANY dates available! They offered a very UNreasonable buy-out OR said they would pay for an estimate if I could find a service company - I chose that option. The deal was, I would pay for the service call and they would reimburse me. I was to submit the estimate for repair and get their approval. I had to wait more than a week but the repairman was great. At first he said there was nothing wrong with the oven but found 3 parts out in the microwave. We continued to talk about how the oven acted...he listened carefully to us and tested it again finding 4 parts out in the oven.

I took photos of his notes and also made a table that clearly showed the SEVEN parts that were faulty, sent those along with his charge I paid plus the estimated charge for repair all to Jenn Air. I was so afraid they would only offer me the UNreasonable buy-out again but happily 2 days later Jenn-Air responded with a 2-day FedEx tracking and listed all 7 parts being sent. I'M A HAPPY CAMPER. THANK YOU JENN-AIR. [They have yet to pay my 2 service call charges but I'm confident they will based on this experience - and I have that agreement in writing.]

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought this grill over 12 years ago. It came with a guarantee and whenever needed I send in a request for new burners, flame arrest plates, grates and starter. No questions asked and new parts received for free.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I bought my Jenn-Air over twenty years ago and LOVE it. It has held up very well, easy to clean, and I can also grill on it. I am still using the original burners that came with the range. So far I've have not had to replace the first part.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Gas range sucks and Jenn Air support sucks. Spent $20,000 on all my appliances and all of them have had issues just after warranty expires. Jenn air sent out technicians that don’t find out the problem and jenn air higher ups don’t support their own product. Will never buy or recommend jenn air to anyone again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I purchased a brand new home with all Jenn-Air appliances, they are terrible, dishwasher pretty much never worked, issues with our stove-top, double wall confection oven wasn't heating from the beginning, they replaced it and not even 4 years later error codes and guess what not working. The prices of their appliances are not worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We have a professional Jenn-Air 48" range, model PRG4810LP. I estimate the range is 11 years old since house was built in 2008. We moved in 2012. Ever since then the range has given us problems. The first problems were with the stove burners. Some had melted slightly and didnt operate properly. It was a nightmare to work on. The repair company spent at least 15 labor hours on it. The technician says this is the worst range to perform repair work on. We continued to have sporadic problems for the following years with the burners. Now for the reason I will never buy Jenn-air and I caution everyone that is thinking of buying a Jenn-air.

This year, 2019, we had problems with the main oven not lighting. After researching it seems likely to be the igniter. Also as I was troubleshooting the problem, I noticed the oven door was not closing tightly. (Explains a couple of things---the oven never seemed to cook correctly and the front of the oven was very very hot.) So starts my search for parts. The igniter was available at some locations, but very scarce. Also the one for this oven was list at just over $200 USD. Very expensive compared to what an igniter for basic 30" ovens cost.

I also was looking for hinges. They were nowhere to be found. In fact, most websites list most parts for the oven as "Discontinued". I finally called Jenn-air and was forwarded to their own parts department. The lady there confirmed that yes, the hinges were discontinued and now substitutions were available. I asked her, "so you mean to tell me I have a $10,000 unusable piece of metal in my kitchen?" The lady said, "yes, I am afraid so".

I called back to their customer service department. I told the lady my dilemma and that I could not believe a professional level oven does not have parts available. I was told, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this model is just not supported any longer and parts are no longer available." I could not believe what I was hearing. Why would a company not have parts available for their high end, professional level product???? If I had a average $500 30" range, there are all kinds of parts available. There are parts available for ranges over 20 years old in this category. The way Jenn-air's parts and customer service department was so unconcerned just tells me this company just doesn't care. Stay away from this brand!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We paid $2,000.00 for our Jenn-Air 30” Electric Downdraft Convection Range only to have continual problems with the electric keypad. While the part was covered under warranty, we were on the hook for the nearly $200 repair. We've wasted too much money by going with Jenn-Air. It's hard to imagine recommending them ever in the future.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I bought 4 appliance Oct. 2018 and still under warranty, but for shocking surprise all of them has problems and I have to call customer service more than one time for each appliance. I thought when I paid for top brand name company I will receive great appliance but I'm very very disappointed and not recommend Jenn-Air to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

A few years ago, purchased a new Jenn-Air freestanding white gas range w/ convection oven JGR8875RDW. While under warranty the control circuit board was replaced 3 times, and currently only partially functions. Near the end of warranty we used the convection oven function for the first time. It tripped the kitchen circuit breaker within a minute, would not work without tripping the breaker. Factory authorized repair man said he fixed it, but the same results the third time we used the convection feature. Even though the kitchen circuit breaker was also replaced, we cannot use the convection feature.

By the way, when the repairman opened up the back I could see that the convection fan was hitting wires!!! The knobs are thin, brittle, chrome plated plastic, which cracked and chrome pealed within a year out of warranty. The white porcelain is porous around the top burners and was difficult, and now is near impossible to clean. This appliance was a terrible disappointment and a big waste of money!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have hardly used my JennAir oven with this AquaLift Cleaning. I followed directions to clean after 6 mos of light use. Absolutely nothing got clean! The walls of the oven and the glass door are horrible! Today 8 mos into use I cleaned not once but twice according to instructions. I have NEVER had to scrub any oven this hard and for this long - all day - EVER in my 40 years of using ovens. For JennAir this is inexcusable. I am so disappointed and frustrated that I cannot get my oven clean. Mr. Clean eraser doesn't even help! I would give anything to be able to send this oven back to JennAir!

Jenn-Air Company Information