1.28/5
Based on 184 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

380 Jenn-Air Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 26, 2018

I'm using my second Jenn-Air cookstove. Based upon other reviews I guess I'm fortunate. I changed from electric to gas in '12. Frankly I like my stove and the service, however, my complaint is with the gas burners: I have four when I replace the grill with burners; only one, the right rear works the way I like. The others simply "rage", they don't go low enough... I just don't understand why all of the burners don't adjust the way the owner wants? I like everything about the stove other than this... but I can't really use burners that act like this!

Original review: May 25, 2018

October 2013, my husband built a new house and bought Jenn-Air Kitchen Appliances from PC Richards worth $11,600... after 2 years our refrigerator started leaking water and ruins my hardwood floors. A year and a half later, our microwave broke down for some reason and now my dishwasher is not functioning! We were under the impression that buying a high end appliances would give us better if not best quality and would last at least 10 years, it's very disappointing that after 4 1/2 years my kitchen would be looking like an appliance store carrying different brands of appliances because Jenn-Air does not live up to its quality of product they are supposed to deliver to customers. What a waste of money!!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 1, 2018

After 2 years the ice maker just stopped working. Repair man came out, according to diagnostics reported to fix a part that was done. Still no ice. After many calls to Jenn-Air they said sorry. You will have to take apart the ice maker and one by one check all the boards. Oh and by the way that probably was the cause of the parts you replaced. So repair bill close to $500. Really?

Original review: April 16, 2018

When we remodeled our kitchen in mid 2014 we chose Jenn-Air stainless appliances for the microwave (JMV8208WS-0) and the gas range. Our choice was based on the perception of quality. Since early on we have had nothing but problems with both. The range oven door does not appear to close tightly allowing heat to escape, no matter what I have tried there is no adjustment available. Now the microwave front cover is falling off due to broken plastic tabs. In addition the microwave has never really performed; it takes at least 60 seconds to reheat a cup of coffee. I will definitely never purchase a Jenn-Air appliance in the future!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Jenn-Air has a company AIG that they "back" according to the paperwork they send for extended warranty with the letterhead of Jenn-Air. I purchased their warranty back in 7/15 for my gas stove I purchased in 2014 at a cost of $35.02. I called them 2 1/2 months ago to have a repair done on the stove and after several calls with being put on hold and transferred to other numbers they informed me they do not have a service person in our area and that they would purchase back my stove for $1700.00 (cost new around $2500.00). I told them no that I needed my stove fixed.

They informed me that was all they could do. I asked them to have a supervisor to return my call - have been waiting for 1 month for that call. I am now on hold again for a supervisor. It has been 40 minutes and counting. I called earlier Jenn-Air 1 800536-6247 and spoke to Jennifer. She informed me that they have nothing to do with this company-AIG. Yet the paperwork I just received in the mail to buy again states "The only plan backed by the manufacturer beyond the limited standard warranty period."

Yes I received a new product coverage letter inviting me to renew for 1 year - 139.95 or 2 year $279.90 or 3 year $293.90 yet they do not service my area. I spoke to supervisor of AIG his name was Katzmane. I was on hold for a total time of 50 minutes. His resolution was to again give me $1700.00 buyout as they do not have a service person in our area. I asked him about the warranty that was just sent to me by them to renew my contract. He states "that is sent by a 3rd party". I am now on hold for his "supervisor" time waiting 20 minutes and holding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: April 15, 2018

My wife and I made the mistake of putting high end Jenn-Air products in our newly remodeled kitchen. When I say this garbage is bad, I mean it sucks. We purchased a double oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and built in microwave. We have had problems with all of the appliances except the microwave. There are only two things worse than Jenn-Air products... Jenn-Air service and Albo Appliance. Both companies are nothing but scum. Do not buy Jenn-Air appliances and whatever you do, do not shop at Albo.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

The developer of my apt placed all the kitchen appliances made by Jenn-Air, top of line. The dishwasher ruined the furniture, the microwave oven lacks power and highly inconsistent performance, the stove range's controls have a mind on their own. Slick design - very poor quality.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I purchased a combination microwave/wall oven when I moved into my new condo (2013). It was faulty and after having many parts replaced, Jenn-Air agreed to replace the whole thing. That was done in July of 2017. Now I am having trouble with this new one. The microwave stopped working suddenly and I had a screen message saying it could no longer be used! This is a similar problem to the one I had before. I am ready to tear my hair out as I am having a Christmas dinner party at my home for 40 people in 1 week and they cannot get a serviceman here until 2 days before. I am sure it will need a part to be replaced and the likelihood of it being fixed is not good. DO NOT BUY JENN-AIR!!! It is basically Whirlpool but for a lot more money (the servicemen who dealt with my last oven said as much). It is just a piece of junk. Any $100 microwave will perform better. It doesn't even pop popcorn properly!!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

We remodeled 2 years ago and put Jenn-Air in our kitchen. This is our 5th home and first time using Jenn-Air. Since that time we have systematically had breakdown after breakdown and repair techs in and out. The hours of missed work and waiting is insane. I am currently awaiting the 3rd attempt for the company to send the correct freezer door to replace the useless one that has been in my kitchen for almost 4 months. It took 7 months and 3 cooktops for these geniuses to figure out that they hadn't installed the correct conversion piece for propane gas (when my husband and I knew that's what it was all along and kept insisting!!!).

Microwave is loud and cools itself for what seems like an eternity after the food is done cooking. Water does not come out of the fridge dispenser cold---I could go on and on. I have been in touch with someone from the corporate office who helped me once and now refuses to return my calls or emails. We will NEVER buy a Jenn-Air or any appliance made by Whirlpool again and warn others to avoid this nightmare!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We installed a new Jenn-Air downdraft range model JGS99000DS02 for our new home. From the beginning had some issues. Called the service dept, and some repair but nothing permanent. As being so busy despite my wife complaint keep postponing the issue till couple of months ago. Since then we have had two servicer company look at the issue and made the list for replacement parts. In both cases, they can not find the parts. It is amazing the parts are under the five years warranty and now are not manufactured anymore. How that could be.

The range is less than 3 years old and we can not find parts? Unfortunately, Jenn-Air is not manufacturing all gas range. Mine is all gas and it is installed on a free standing island. Even, if I want to replace that with dual fuel, there is not a 220 outlet on that island to supply the dual fuel. I believe this is Jenn- Air's responsibility to take care of its customer. We trusted their name and they should uphold this trust.

Jenn-Air Company Information