Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

397 Jenn-Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased a Jenn-Air combo wall oven for $5400 and it was installed March 26. It immediately failed and I call Jenn-Air and told them that I was hosting a large Easter dinner and wanted to ensure repair ASAP. They said the earliest repair they could schedule would be April 4. I told them this was unacceptable and contacted the dealer that I purchased from (Hawkins & Sons) and they had men there the next day. They thought that there were 2 boards that may need to be replaced, since this was a common problem. Jenn-Air insisted on sending their own contracted service company (with a 1 star Yelp rating) to verify the diagnosis on 4/2. He agreed the boards needed replaced and said the parts would be in in about a week and they could schedule the repair ASAP.

A week passes with no news so I contact Jenn-Air again for follow-up. They said that the repair service ordered parts from an independent supplier rather than them and had no idea when I would get them. Further, the one board was out of stock, back ordered, with no availability date. I was so frustrated that I contacted Whirlpool (their parent co.) and all of a sudden Jenn-Air found parts and said that they would expedite them. They were to arrive 4/20 and Hawkins was scheduled to do the repair Good Friday. Only one part arrived on Thur.! Another call to Jenn-Air and again they said they found the part and would expedite but it would not come until after Easter, which left me in quite a predicament.

Then I get a call from Hawkins telling me that they had a solution. They had the same model in stock (but a different color, my model was discontinued – Jenn-Air had offered to replace but only with bright stainless which would not fit in with my décor). Hawkins said that they would take the required identical part from the in stock unit and install it in my oven and then replace the part in their oven when it finally came in. However, Hawkins told me that Jenn-Air declined to permit this swap! Again I'm on the phone with Jenn-Air. I argued for quite a while and was put on hold a few times. I told them it was if I bought a black car with a defective part and the dealer took one out of a silver car as an analogy and they just couldn't get it. They finally verified that it was the same exact part and called Hawkins to tell them it was OK.

Hawkins was out promptly on Friday and switched the boards in a couple of minutes. So far it is working, but I extracted a three year warranty extension from them due to my lack of confidence in this product. This situation could have been handled in a few days rather than over three weeks (without an oven!). While the Jenn-Air personnel on the phone were very friendly they continually made false promises that strung me along. It should not take numerous phone calls and emails to get somebody to act appropriately. Based on product quality (the repairman said this is a common problem which explains the lack of replacement parts available) and such poor service I will not purchase another Jenn-Air product, possibly nothing ever again from the Whirlpool family.

Original review: March 18, 2019

This oven worked great for about 4 years then repair after repair. It's now 13 years old and the repair bulletin from Jenn-Air says I need new oven sensors and the main controller needs to be replaced. I called customer service and they said it was getting old and the words "end of life" was used. She said parts may not be available. Jenn-Air offered no help! I will never buy Jenn-Air again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have a stove and microwave wall unit and have owned it for 3 years and I would say every other month something is going wrong with it - we’ve had it serviced perpetually and the motherboard even replaced. Just today I walked by it and the console read “this product is experiencing a problem and can no longer be used at this time”, and we haven’t even used it today. I have a feeling they push upgrades out and it throws off all the schematics. Regardless, I simply will never own another Jenn-Air.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We have a commercial stove, and the valve that controls the oven flame has gone bad. No one can find a replacement valve, so I contacted Jenn-air directly. Their only response is that that valve is no longer available, and they, "are sorry." I guess they are fine with my hauling the several thousand dollar stove to the scrap metal yard, and wait for me to show up at one of their stores and buy another entire stove (absolutely not going to happen). Bottom line: They do not support replacement parts!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My Jenn-Air downdraft cooktop is a black glass version and I have found the quality control to be a real issue. After only 11 months one glass burner began to show white dots below the surface. Since it is below the surface, no amount of cleaning, buffing or any other type of effort resolved the issue. Jenn-Air sent a technician out and he verified that the problem was below the surface and, therefore, not the result of misuse. Unfortunately, Jenn-Air refused to replace the unit and eventually wrote it off as a cosmetic issue. As a result, I would look elsewhere for a cooktop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased the higher end Jenn-Air for my new remodeled kitchen. I spent the money to get quality. The downdraft range can hardly suck a sparrow's feather, its knobs all broke with the first 2 years. The refrigerator in-door ice maker never worked right from day one and the dishwasher is worthless. We had a temporary DW for 1 year prior to remodel and bought a cheap $300 one knowing we would throw it out when we remodeled and that honestly worked way better in 6. I’m a contractor. I would NEVER RECOMMEND Jenn-Air. There is only my wife and I so it has never had heavy use. Service department, don’t even waste your time on hold to end up with useless help.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Our 27" wall oven, installed in July of 2018, has had the computer board replaced twice and now needs a new blower. We use this oven about once every 2 weeks. We are very disappointed in the performance of this oven and the poor quality of parts. For a marketed "luxury" brand with a hefty price tag, it has been big problem. I would never buy Jenn-Air again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Ordered new Jenn-Air fridge in Feb of 2018 for our kitchen reno. Completion date of construction was first week of July, so we thought that was ample time. Found out in April the fridge was going to be backordered until end of July. Not a big deal we thought. Well it is now the end of October and still no sign of it. Apparently issues with production of new compressors in Germany. They have had our money since May. Looking to buy a different fridge now but difficult as kitchen cabinets were custom designed around the one we ordered. NOT IMPRESSED.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We purchased a Jenn-Air Downdraft range for our previous home and had over 10 years of exceptional service from the unit. We purchased a new home and relocated 5 years ago, remodeled the kitchen and purchased Jenn-Air appliances for the home. The range has been a complete and utter JOKE. We've had problems with the range elements constantly beginning the second year. Fixed one and had another go out within two months. After about a year we have lost use of another element and it's going to be another expense to repair it. I don't know what's happened to Jenn-Air, but we truly regret this purchase. Please shop around and investigate before you spend this type of money for a range. Jenn-Air is not worth it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We purchased a new home with a Jenn Air appliance package - Oven, Refrigerator, and dishwasher. Within the first six months we have had issues with the fridge, freezer, and oven. We have been without use of our oven for over a month. The hassle this has caused my family has been enormous. No ability to cook a meal. Jenn Air's response was to extend the warranty for a year. I would stay far away from Jenn Air. Not reliable, awful customer service.

Jenn-Air Company Information