1.27/5
Based on 146 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

173 Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When we bought a new house we purchased a Jenn-Air range because we had to have the downdraft feature. It was by far the most expensive appliance that we have ever bought but felt that meant it would be of high quality. HA HA HA. What a nightmare. Within two years the oven stopped maintaining the set temperature and two of the burner relay switches went out. The grill unit NEVER worked. Customer service has been horrible and Jenn-Air will not admit that these models are lemons as other reviews attest to. Do not ever consider buying a Jenn-Air. I absolutely hat this malfunctioning, poor performing, squeaky door piece of crap! A third relay switch has gone out so things continue to get worse. I curse the day this appliance came into my home.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

This is such a common problem and Jenn-Air refuses to acknowledge that. After call to their customer service department, they offered to provide the electronic control panel but we had to pay for the repair. For a class action lawsuit!

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased a Jenn-Air 36" Range (PRG3610LP) in 2006 and the broiler stopped working recently because the thermostat was shot. The repairman said the replacement part is no available. He said the thermostat for the oven is also no longer available. This range was an expensive, supposedly top of line appliance and now we can no longer use the broiler. We were hoping the range was going to a long term investment, twelve and half years is all got. My recommendation is avoid Jenn-Air products altogether unless you're OK with having to replace it every 10 years or so.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Purchased a Jenn-Air slide in electric oven 6 years ago. Control board blew out within the first year. That was covered under the warranty. Never recovered all the functions. One year ago, board stopped working again. Jenn-Air was not helpful at all. No warranty, no help. Offered to sell me a new warranty. Now the whole oven is not working. Terrible product, even worse customer service, did not even entertain other options. will NEVER purchase another Jenn-Air product again. DO NOT recommend anyone purchasing these products either.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

All the prior reviews are right on! This is the worst item I have ever purchased when building a home. It has done nothing but cost me grief, time and money having to buy not one, not two but three electronic boards since I bought it. Not mentioning the error code constantly going off and several other parts purchased over the years attempting to not have go out and purchase another oven. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Jenn-Air. The company does not stand by its products and the oven/range is a disaster! I kid you not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This model is very unreliable. It came with the home we purchased and we have had nothing but trouble with it. It just about brunt our home down. The burner handles turn so easily that all is needed is a slight brush and it's on. Very unsafe! Today, suddenly all of the controls stop functioning. The stove top works but nothing else. This leads me to the useless trouble-shooting guide which explains how to possibly fix this condition by using the exact buttons that do not work. What a joke. Time for a new stove but it will not be a Jenn-Air. At one time, these were bulletproof and "the stove to buy' but no more. They are no better than a Kenmore and possibly the Kenmores are better.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The touch control panel was put in front of the range so the data line will take all the heat from burner, within few years, I have replaced two control panels! All I want to say is either the Jenn-Air range designer did on purpose or they are idiot.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Panel Control Part Number WPW10314418 Failure rate: Bought the 30 inch slide in downdraft unit in November 2011, the unit replaced an well worn-out slide in range of similar design, actually had little or no choice as Jenn-Air/Whirlpool was the only manufacturer manufacturing similar downdrafts at that time (today Kitchen Aid has a Model KSDG950ESS available, however they have seem to have design problems of their own, hopefully they will address them better than Jenn-Air/Whirlpool has demonstrated).

We have had two major Panel Control failures as well as infinity switches and glass top cocking elements over the lifetime of the unit, we will not use the self cleaning over feature as this is a kiss of death to the Push Button Panel Control Unit. It's obvious Jenn-Air/Whirlpool has demonstrated no intentions of rectifying their multitude of design/parts quality issues or they would have addressed them by now.

An example, we used to buy nothing but Maytag washers and dryers until they started followed a similar path as Jenn-Air/Whirlpool, now we use LG washer and dryer, they have been absolutely trouble free after six years of heavy duty use, I hate to say it but so far Whirlpool/Jenn-Air has failed to react to customer complaint other than deny they have issues while maintaining unrealistic parts pricing. Sometime losing market share is the only way to get their attention, possible someone will buy them out or they fail on their own - we for one will not support manufacturers who ignore their customer base, we shout about "Made in America", meanwhile in some cases the Koreans and others are designing and manufacture better products!!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased a Jenn-Air induction range. The induction cooking part of the range is great. Extremely disappointed in the AquaLift cleaning feature. I cooked a turkey dinner and there was grease from the turkey inside the oven. Nothing to be scraped out. The next day I followed the directions for the AquaLift cleaning and did it 5x. Awful. How can anything possibly get clean and a person able to wipe up the water in 40 minutes. Temperature only gets to 220 I've been told. I had to manually scrub out the grease on the sides and back of the oven and still didn't get it all.

Customer service reps very nice and tried to be helpful. Apparently AquaLift is only intended to do the bottom. What good is that? Extremely disappointed that Jenn-Air thought this feature could possibly replace a self-clean where the oven actually gets hot and the entire oven gets clean without manual labor. I spent 10 hours trying to do what my Kenmore did for me countless times by turning on self-clean and wiping out the small white ashes when it was done. I hope they go back to the drawing board and fix what's not working. Sorry I spent so much money and time on a range that I will most likely not use the oven part for often because I don't like the effort it takes to clean it. Sorry I believed the hype that this AquaLift works. It does not.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have had the displeasure of having 3 of these in homes (all bought with home) over a 30-year period, and I have NEVER seen such a hard to use, unreliable appliances as I've seen in Jenn-Air products. I don't know why anyone buys them, they are MORE money and very unreliable and expensive to fix. I could go into all the problems I've seen but if you're reading this you can see how unhappy people are with them. Just go buy something else!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We have no choice purchasing a stove - it has to have downdraft and only Jenn-Air makes them. I am comparing the new stove to the old Jenn-Air stove. The old one was easier to clean - top and control area. It takes too long for the oven to warm up - double the time of the old one. Even had the repair people out. The new stove was twice the price as the older one and there are no extras that really matter... The rack sliding out easy just doesn't turn me on if you get my drift. On the new stove EVERY BURNER KNOB IS DIFFERENT. SO you are in a rush you still have to look at the knobs. And the biggest dislike is... Whose bright idea was it to put the small pot burners in the back and the largest in front? Take a minute to think WHY would a woman not like this? What about a short woman? Dumb... Get better engineers and hire women because the team you got now stinks.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Twice I have had the slide in burners come on by themselves. When this happens both the front and back burners are on! My first reaction was to check to see if they were turned on! THEY WERE NOT ON. I WAS TOLD I HAD TO REPLACE THE WHOLE PLUGIN. NO REPAIRING IT. I asked the repairman if he had seen this before. His reply was yes!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I was told by JA, on the phone, they NEVER make anything not to spec. I have one that the stainless steel parts are to spec width, 29 7/8". But the side black panels on my range are 30". In the book that came with the range it says "Dimensions given are maximum dimensions across all models." Note the word "maximum" and "all models." There is a diagram of a range below it with different dimensions listed. B, the width says 29 7/8. So, the black side panels create a space above it, between the SS and the counter/cabinet, where the stainless steel is the spec width and the black panel is not. The dealer sent out a replacement. The 2 guys that delivered it measured the one on the truck but did not unload it because it too was not on spec. They did not allow my husband to see the measurement and did not let me see when they measured the cabinet cutout.

When they got back to the dealer he said they told him the cutout was only 29 9/16. It is 30, my builder had the booklet with him when he made it. Several competent people have measured it since, and it is 30." But in the very beginning, when I first mentioned this to the dealer, they sent a guy the next day to measure and he said it was 30," what is mentioned in the installation booklet that is provided with the range. That's when they said they would replace it. So, that is 2 ranges not built to spec. So when JA says "they NEVER make anything not to spec." I would advise anyone to not believe them. My sister has my old 15 yr old Jenn-Air and is happy. But it's a stand alone range and doesn't have to be built to spec. (I took measurements and photos at 4 levels across the stove, but only sent 2 here).

Original review: June 13, 2017

The oven preheat and broiler options stopped working April 22, 2017. Jenn Air was called 4/24/17 at which time I purchased a service contract and made an appointment for service for 4/26. I was informed that the necessary part would be ordered, which it was on 4/27. I called 5/15 to follow up, no part, but was to arrive 5/24. June 7, another call "still waiting on part". This has gone on back and forth with multiple calls to contract company and Jenn Air. Today, 6/13, the service contract company informed me that there is a problem with getting the part and if they can't resolve it, I'm stuck with a broken stove. I've had no satisfaction from Jenn Air and am very disappointed. This is the 3rd time we've had to have service for their appliances (2 with stove and 1 with microwave). I will NEVER buy from them again, nor recommend their products to anyone.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have had 3 failed boards on my Jenn-Air. Never will I buy another Jenn-Air appliance. Now my board is obsolete and the oven is junk. I sent out one board to be repaired only to find it was the proprietary chip that is bad and the aftermarket repair shops can't get these chips. Thank you Jenn-Air for nothing. I would highly recommend that anyone buying an oven opt for the old standard thermostat and forget the digital age electronics. These just don't hold up in the high heat, high current environment of a oven. It could also be the brand and just shoddy Whirlpool design that sent my oven to the junkyard. Please listen to my warning and those above. DO NOT BUY JENN-AIR.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I bought a Jenn-Air range and spent $2200. It has had numerous repairs. Jenn-Air is not paying for the last repair of the whole electric coil element. Said it's not covered, I have the warranty book that says it is. Jenn-Air is a very poor quality range. Buyer beware. They don't stand behind the products they sell. I must have had 10 repair calls, and I did not have a working stove burner from Oct 2016 to March 2017. It finally got fixed and now Jenn-Air said it's not covered for the electric coil. What. That's the stove top. Ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I have a 4 year old slide in gas Jenn-Air range Model #JGS8860BDP. The motherboard has shorted out 3 times in 4 years. I have been forced to pay for an electrician to verify that the problem is due to this highly criticized model and not with my new, dedicated wiring that was installed during the kitchen remodel for this express purpose only 4 years ago. I will now likely be without an oven for more than 2 weeks during Christmas because of time suck involved in waiting for the diagnostic appointment, then fighting for expedited shipping on the part, and then the installation of the replacement part appointment causing me to miss work a minimum of two 5 hours windows.

Jenn-Air has implied to me that if I continue to buy an AIG extended warranty on this clearly faulty part, then they cannot discuss replacing the oven. Yet I also don't trust them to actually replace the oven if I don't buy the extended part warranty based on past history. By now the cost of the multiple, serial extended warranties is approaching one third of the cost of the original oven. I am disgusted, highly inconvenienced by and distrustful of this brand. For the rest of my life I will never buy a Jenn-Air product again nor will my child nor his future children for as long as there is a breath in my body. Shame on you Jenn-Air. SHAME!

P.S. My 4 year old Jenn-Air dishwasher has broken down once due to a plastic clip design flaw that the technician was able to rig to work with scrap wire from his van and our 4 year old Jenn-Air cabinet mount microwave has a vent design flaw (also due to plastic clips) and has had to have a $200 part replaced twice in 4 years.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Love my 2001 Jenn-Air so much that when the control panel quit, I found a repairman who replaced the glass top, the oven gasket and the front control panel... I did not want to purchase a new one because of all the complaints!! And my old stove has the 'drying' and the' bread proofing' feature... was well worth "rebuilding" my old Jenn-Air.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

Just like others posting here, I find myself replacing the keypad control for my Jenn-Air dual-fuel range a second time -- and I am not amused. When I bought this range 9 years ago in order to switch to gas burners. My house was built in 1983 and the original owner installed an all-electric Jenn-Air range in a free-standing cooking island, with the downdraft ventilation. It worked fine, although the grilling unit was lousy -- I've had toaster ovens with more heat! When I looked into a gas-burner replacements, my only option to fit the custom space dimension was another Jenn-Air. So I bought the dual-fuel version in 2006 and had problems from the get-go.

First, the new range didn't fit -- it was about 1/2" wider than the other, although they were sold as the identical size. I had to cut the counter-top to get the thing squeezed in. Looking forward to using the gas grill feature, I was immediately disappointed. It's no better than the old electric version! It takes less time to fire up a Weber kettle than it does to cook a steak on this thing. And don't even think about lamb chops -- the downdraft ventilation is so poor, my house smelled of grilled lamb for days.

But irking me most was when the electronic keypad abruptly failed about five years ago. At least the old electric range had real knobs and not a circuit board. I spent $350 for a new keypad and installed it myself. But now, just weeks before Thanksgiving, this second one has died without warning. I looked into buying an entire new oven -- Samsung and Bosch now have dual-fuel ranges that will fit my space. But I didn't feel like coughing up another $1800 when I can replace the keypad for $300. Overall -- when the keypad is working -- the burners and oven work fine. But spending $300 every five years to replace a key part is just not acceptable.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

In 9 years I am now getting ready to replace the control panel for the THIRD time. This is ridiculous. I wrote and called the manufacturer to no avail. Now must purchase another range that uses a downdraft system. DO NOT BUY JENN-AIR.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

They are not worth the price! I remember when my parents bought appliances that lasted almost a lifetime. This is not the experience I have with Jenn-Air Products. We did a home renovation early 2008 and we purchased a commercial range, dishwasher and cabinet depth refrigerator. The dishwasher was replaced after 5 years because it was beginning to cost more than a new dishwasher to repair.

The range has been another recurring issue with burners consistently not working and a regulator that has been replaced 2x. I have had PSEG to my home 4x because of gas leaks and faulty equipment. All repairs are of course needed after the warranty is expired. I am now faced with yet another gas leak and not being able to get a new regulator for the $4,000 range, as Jenn-Air no longer carries. I have reached out to the company before frustrated with no response. I called them today to ask for partnership for my current issue and I am told I am on my own. The 1st representative that I spoke with told me to look for the part on eBay. What fabulous Customer Service. Learn from our experience and do not buy ANY Jenn-Air products. They look pretty but do not hold up to everyday wear and tear.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Model JGR8895BDS. I am extremely unhappy with this oven. The touchpad for the oven controls is so sensitive as to be ridiculous. It was purchased in 2009 and in 2013 the touchpad membrane had to be replaced. In 2014 I had to have the control and touchpad replaced again. Now, in 2016 on 9/19 I preheated the oven and went to put it on the timer and found that NONE of the keypad worked except the cancel button. (Thank god, I was able to turn it off.) Now I cannot use the stove. All I have is a cooktop.

I have NEVER had so many problems and repairs with ANY appliance. I will not spend another $226 dollars for another year or two of use, if I am lucky. This has happened in seven years of use, and not heavy use. Two people, no kids. THIS IS A LEMON!! I will never purchase another Jenn-Air product. I had also purchased an over the oven microwave the same time I got the oven. It died last year in 2015. I made a point of replacing it with a non-Jenn-Air product. I don't complain about trivial matters, but this is just absurd!! I am very upset and disgusted that Jenn-air presents their products as quality.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Jenn-Air 30-inch Electric Self-Clean Slide-In Range JES9750BAB - The control board finally went dead for the sixth time since we purchased this oven in 2008. We have to have a downdraft oven because our house was built in 1769 and the kitchens design is unusual. We decided to forgo fixing this pos after doing the math as back in 2010 the control board died twice in 6 months. There should be a class action suit against Jenn-Air for not fixing this electrical problem and overcharging customers $200-350 for a $10 piece of wiring and not rectifying the original engineering problem. "The control board fizzles because of the heat in the oven"??? That's an actual answer from a tech. What's next? The wings fell off because of it was windy? Your pool collapsed because it got wet? DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM Jenn-Air and save yourself from losing your mind.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

We lost the oven calibration during a power outage. The range is less than 3 years old. They now want $69.95 to drive 2 miles to just diagnose it. The oven temperature was never right. The model & serial number are under the unit, I am not able to get under the very small area to see the model & serial number. I cannot recommend this stove. I have been very dissatisfied. The next time something goes wrong with unit, I will replace it with a non-Jenn-Air product.

Original review: June 25, 2016

The manual says on page 8 under the heading OVEN LIGHT: "When oven is cool, use fingertips to grasp edge of bulb cover. Pull out and remove." I've tried several times, but this thick glass cover will not budge. I'm afraid if I try to force it, it will break. I need some advice here.

Original review: March 14, 2016

We purchased this slide in range four years ago. I have replaced the keypad three times. The past several months it does not reach the correct temperature, and changes from bake to broil. After just again replacing the keypad, it lasted only 30 minutes and again failed, reporting "function not available" in the window. I am extremely unhappy with this product.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

We purchased this Jenn-Air downdraft range about seven years ago. We have had nothing but problems with it. It takes about twenty minutes for the oven to pre-heat despite the oven indicating that it reached the target temperature in about ten minutes. One of the burners only works on the larger burner but not on the smaller. One of the heat indicator lights on the stove always remains on. Every so often, when selecting "Bake" on the oven, it strangely goes to "Broil." This has caused several ruined dinners. Lastly, the oven temperature is never correct. For instance, I set the temperature for 475 and it only reaches 450. When using the "More Options" feature to adjust it up 25 degrees, it raises it to 500 degrees. It is disgusting that this company be allow to peddle this crap.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

In October of 2014, the Dual Burner on my Jenn-Air stove top was turning on for 10 seconds and then turning off. Had to wait 10-15 minutes for it to turn back on, but then same thing, would turn off within 10 seconds. So we call Jenn-Air, and have the part replaced. ($330) Then in May of 2015, same problem starts occurring, same burner is faulty. So I call Jenn-Air, I ask them if they can do anything about the repair this time. They took 50% off the burner and I had to pay 100% of labor which was an O.K compromise. ($230)

Around June 2015, I had an electrician come in to do some work at my house. So I asked him to take a look at the stove/connections/electricity (whatever you want to call it) to make sure that electricity was not the issue. Electrician said that everything was fine. Therefore electric circuit is not the issue, so I thought maybe I was unlucky the first time I had it changed/defective part maybe.

Now February 2016, same problem starts occurring (only 8-9 months since previous repair), so now I call them and they say they can't do anything. I need to pay full amount to fix the stove. They weren't even offering some sort of discount - NOTHING!!! A quick google search revealed that I was not the only one with this problem and I feel cheated that they deny that they have an issue with that part. I'll be buying a new stove top NOT FROM WHIRLPOOL/JENN-AIR!!! Anyway I could sue them?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

My Jenn-Air dual fuel double oven range lasted 3 years before the control panel went out and the stove stopped heating up. This range has been the biggest disappointment ever. It has never cooked right. I have had to double the bake time and up the cooking temperature by 15 degrees whenever I bake. This was a costly investment for the small amount of time I used it. Let's hope my Samsung works better than this poorly made appliance.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

In the process of replacing a defective control panel. I found that the ribbon cable in the old panel had a delaminated separation of the two-part plastic covers enclosing the copper leads in the ribbon cable. A problem expressed in several reviews. The label on the new ribbon cable is dated 5/7/2015. When I connected the new ribbon cable it immediately delaminated in the same manner. Even to the extent of copper traces in both ribbons stuck to either side of the delamination in the same pattern as the old cable! I consider this proof of failure in a new part that demonstrates an inherent defect in manufacture of the ribbon cable. Control Panel Assembly Part number: W10206064. The front touch control panel failed on the stove requiring the replacement that I ordered. I removed the old front panel from the stove and noticed that the ribbon cable connecting the panel to the stove had separated in two parts.

There are 13 electric lines in the cable. Some remained attached to one side of the separated cable and some to the other side. For installation connection the ribbon cable has to be curved in the reverse of the natural curve as it comes out of the panel in order to connect it. I did that to connect the new panel ribbon cable to the circuit board moved from the old panel. When I connected the ribbon cable to its connector on the panel I noticed an immediate separation of the new ribbon cable into two enclosing plastic pieces with some lines in the cable remaining attached to one side of the separation and other lines remaining attached to the other side of the separated cable. This is the same separation in the new ribbon cable that happened to the old ribbon cable. Two sides of the semi-rigid plastic ribbon cable are stuck together with an adhesive.

The bend required to attach the ribbon cable to the connector causes the ribbon cable to separate. Furthermore the separation pattern of the 13 conducting lines in the cable that remained attached to one or the other sides of the separated cable was the same as in the original cable. This is a cheaply made defective ribbon cable. I continued with the installation and tested operation of the panel after it was installed and the panel operated correctly in spite of the cable separation. I suspect that the original ribbon cable was defective upon manufacture and that over time exposure of the very thin otherwise enclosed conducting copper lines corroded causing failure. This panel will also certainly fail over time for the same reason.

Others have reported similar failure of the ribbon cable and still others have reported multiple failure and replacement of the touch panel without citing possible or probable reason for the replacement. The obvious explanation being the ribbon cable failure. These unfortunate buyers. Me too! If you are installing the control panel then look for this problem. If it is being professionally installed I suggest that you observe the installation or at least tell the installer about the nature of the problem. Jenn-Air never heard of the problem! Copy to Jenn-Air!

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Company Information