Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

2.9/5 (409 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Slide-In Range?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: May 12, 2022

1. Stovetop burners cycle on and off and keep getting hotter and hotter. Water boils on lowest settings on all burners except melt. Multiple calls to Jenn-Air and repair people. Jenn-Air concluded it’s “working as designed.” Do not buy this range. I had to buy a portable burner to cook anything needing a simmer longer than 12 minutes.

2. Just used the “aqua clean” oven clean cycle. Horrible. You can’t leave the racks in so have to manually clean them. You have to manually scrape everything off the oven before starting the clean process. When cleaning finishes, you have to sop up left over water poured into the bottom as part of the process. Oven control panel beeps and messages you to remove left-over water immediately. However, the water and oven is still super hot and hot steam blows at you when you open the oven. Not one single stain was cleaned. It looks exactly the way it did after I scraped spills off before the process. You are basically required to clean this oven by hand but can’t use oven cleaners, only their proprietary spray cleaner called “Afresh.” Doubt this will work either. Had I known I would have to hand clean this oven by hand, I never would have bought it.

Having cooked on various makes amen models of electric ranges for 50 years, any electric range on the market today, at any price, is better than the Jenn-Air electric range.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I was frying chicken and all the sudden the ceramic cooktop exploded to millions pieces, have no ideas why. So I call Jenn Air customer services and they send the guy to the house. Guy was there for a minutes and said that he couldn’t find the wire that caught exploded which I think my contractor probably cleaned it out. Do not ever use Jenn Air products, too dangerous. They not standing behind they products at all.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

2 Stoves..in 4 mos. 48' Unit $10,000. Burners didn't work on 1st one - they replaced it. 6 service visits & professional install. 2nd Stove Oven doesn't work. *DO NOT BUY ONE. Mine still doesn't work.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

It is a really nice oven. I didn't have much choice since I need a downdraft. the only problem I have is that the control knobs are placed so that if cleaning or leaning over you push them and then go on.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I have owned this Jenn-Air range & oven for over 30 years.! It works like a charm. I have never had it serviced nor any problems whatsoever. The Only drawback is cleaning the grills & keeping it clear of crumbs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Honestly I was not aware of this particular brand, I'm not that much in kitchen brands, but I'm surprised with this one in particular. I'm very happy with it, sturdy, easy to clean and with the enough dentures for my regular cooking.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Had 2 of these stoves. The oven digital controls failed exactly the same on both and required several Hundred dollars to repair. One of the gas range tops shuts itself off unless I have it on high. Oven door does not shut well. Not a well made appliance. Pass on Jenn-Air.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Great range. Lives up to its name. We plan on purchasing another one sometime soon but since there’s nothing wrong with the one we have except the eyes are not covered and we would prefer a smooth top type range.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The top oven vent cover black paint started peeling. It was not under warranty although being less than two years old. It was costly to replace. In order not to replace it, I stripped the paint. It ended up looking better. This happened within 2 years.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

We have owned 2 Jenn-air ranges over a period of 40 years. Throughout this period, we have experienced various repairs. We’ve replaced the initial coil burners from our 1st range with the solid cast iron disks. Our 2nd range is a smooth glass top. We are constantly repairing the elements—burners continually dysfunction and die (for lack of a better word). These ranges will not support heavier cookware—even the ss soup pots apparently cause burner dysfunction.

We love the idea of a downdraft—which actually works quite well. However, with our dissatisfaction with our 1st Jenn-Air range, we were sort of locked into replacing it with another...or do a kitchen remodel. We hoped with the smooth top and lightweight cookware we would be fine—we were not. Burner dysfunction continues. We can smell the hot (burning?) electrical wires under the hood.

Currently, we have 1 working burner (the small one we never use), and the outer ring only of one large burner. We are looking for another unit of a different brand—any brand other than Jenn-Air—which we can hook up with a downdraft. Jenn-Air units reside at the high end of the price range. Although initially I love these units, I feel they are not worth the money; and pose a serious fire risk; and draft construction is not compatible with other brands.

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Company Information