Jenn-Air Slide-In Range
Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About Jenn-Air Slide-In Range
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Reviews
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,244,075 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
New home construction in 1999. JennAir down draft only option due to cabinetry. Was very soon disgusted. Very expensive, very frustrating and overall disappointment. Have to keep breaker turned off to stop continuous beeping from oven. Replacement with other than downdraft ventilation will require cabinet, ceiling, roof and other remodeling.
I spent $3700 on a Jenn-Air down draft oven to replace the Jenn-Air that was too old to be fixed. Self cleaning, HA!!! I had a meatloaf that decided to belch in the oven.... I tried using the "Cleaning" cycle the next day, tried using it twice, what a joke!!! I had to breakout the good ole reliable Easy Off to get the oven clean!!!! And yes it left a residue on my oven walls and the bottom. Whomever at Jenn-Air thought it would be a GREAT idea to do away with the previous self-cleaning mode should be fired!!! At least then you could leave your racks in and the oven got so hot that it turned the mess to ashes!!! Yes it took a few hours but it was an easy cleanup!!! I spent more time cleaning this oven then I did on the old fashioned ovens that were NOT self-cleaning. Needless to say I am very disappointed in the quality of Jenn-Air these days and will never recommend anyone getting a oven from them!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
1. Stovetop burners cycle on and off and keep getting hotter and hotter. Water boils on lowest settings on all burners except melt. Multiple calls to Jenn-Air and repair people. Jenn-Air concluded it’s “working as designed.” Do not buy this range. I had to buy a portable burner to cook anything needing a simmer longer than 12 minutes.
2. Just used the “aqua clean” oven clean cycle. Horrible. You can’t leave the racks in so have to manually clean them. You have to manually scrape everything off the oven before starting the clean process. When cleaning finishes, you have to sop up left over water poured into the bottom as part of the process. Oven control panel beeps and messages you to remove left-over water immediately. However, the water and oven is still super hot and hot steam blows at you when you open the oven. Not one single stain was cleaned. It looks exactly the way it did after I scraped spills off before the process. You are basically required to clean this oven by hand but can’t use oven cleaners, only their proprietary spray cleaner called “Afresh.” Doubt this will work either. Had I known I would have to hand clean this oven by hand, I never would have bought it.
Having cooked on various makes amen models of electric ranges for 50 years, any electric range on the market today, at any price, is better than the Jenn-Air electric range.
I was frying chicken and all the sudden the ceramic cooktop exploded to millions pieces, have no ideas why. So I call Jenn Air customer services and they send the guy to the house. Guy was there for a minutes and said that he couldn’t find the wire that caught exploded which I think my contractor probably cleaned it out. Do not ever use Jenn Air products, too dangerous. They not standing behind they products at all.
2 Stoves..in 4 mos. 48' Unit $10,000. Burners didn't work on 1st one - they replaced it. 6 service visits & professional install. 2nd Stove Oven doesn't work. *DO NOT BUY ONE. Mine still doesn't work.
It is a really nice oven. I didn't have much choice since I need a downdraft. the only problem I have is that the control knobs are placed so that if cleaning or leaning over you push them and then go on.
I have owned this Jenn-Air range & oven for over 30 years.! It works like a charm. I have never had it serviced nor any problems whatsoever. The Only drawback is cleaning the grills & keeping it clear of crumbs.
Honestly I was not aware of this particular brand, I'm not that much in kitchen brands, but I'm surprised with this one in particular. I'm very happy with it, sturdy, easy to clean and with the enough dentures for my regular cooking.
Had 2 of these stoves. The oven digital controls failed exactly the same on both and required several Hundred dollars to repair. One of the gas range tops shuts itself off unless I have it on high. Oven door does not shut well. Not a well made appliance. Pass on Jenn-Air.
Great range. Lives up to its name. We plan on purchasing another one sometime soon but since there’s nothing wrong with the one we have except the eyes are not covered and we would prefer a smooth top type range.
Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.