Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

4.0/5 (248 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Slide-In Range?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

It is a really nice oven. I didn't have much choice since I need a downdraft. the only problem I have is that the control knobs are placed so that if cleaning or leaning over you push them and then go on.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The top oven vent cover black paint started peeling. It was not under warranty although being less than two years old. It was costly to replace. In order not to replace it, I stripped the paint. It ended up looking better. This happened within 2 years.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We purchased it in 2000 and never had a problem except replacing the burned-out oven light. It has convection and a regular oven. It can be a standalone as it was when we purchased it or built-in. We converted it to when we moved and replaced the "look-alike" leaky GE. Jenn-Air holds the heat in. Our's vents from the bottom, through the basement, and outside. Love the backsplash with a light over the burners and a shelf for spices. After 20 years, the stainless steel still looks good.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

My slide oven range with cooktop is well over 20 plus years old.. I cook on it every day. The oven works perfectly, the stove top works perfectly, I never had to have a repair.. THIS range was in my home when I purchased it. I was going to purchase a new range but my local appliance store salesperson told me that it is a great range and he suggested that I keep it. I am so happy that I listened to him.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Down-drafts are very difficult to find a repair company should you need one. Most home warranties won't cover any kind of Jenn-Air let alone a down-draft. Our self cleaning element no longer works. Repairs, if you can find a company that does work on them, is VERY spendy!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I have owned this Jenn-Air range & oven for over 30 years.! It works like a charm. I have never had it serviced nor any problems whatsoever. The Only drawback is cleaning the grills & keeping it clear of crumbs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Honestly I was not aware of this particular brand, I'm not that much in kitchen brands, but I'm surprised with this one in particular. I'm very happy with it, sturdy, easy to clean and with the enough dentures for my regular cooking.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Had 2 of these stoves. The oven digital controls failed exactly the same on both and required several Hundred dollars to repair. One of the gas range tops shuts itself off unless I have it on high. Oven door does not shut well. Not a well made appliance. Pass on Jenn-Air.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Great range. Lives up to its name. We plan on purchasing another one sometime soon but since there’s nothing wrong with the one we have except the eyes are not covered and we would prefer a smooth top type range.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

We have owned 2 Jenn-air ranges over a period of 40 years. Throughout this period, we have experienced various repairs. We’ve replaced the initial coil burners from our 1st range with the solid cast iron disks. Our 2nd range is a smooth glass top. We are constantly repairing the elements—burners continually dysfunction and die (for lack of a better word). These ranges will not support heavier cookware—even the ss soup pots apparently cause burner dysfunction.

We love the idea of a downdraft—which actually works quite well. However, with our dissatisfaction with our 1st Jenn-Air range, we were sort of locked into replacing it with another...or do a kitchen remodel. We hoped with the smooth top and lightweight cookware we would be fine—we were not. Burner dysfunction continues. We can smell the hot (burning?) electrical wires under the hood.

Currently, we have 1 working burner (the small one we never use), and the outer ring only of one large burner. We are looking for another unit of a different brand—any brand other than Jenn-Air—which we can hook up with a downdraft. Jenn-Air units reside at the high end of the price range. Although initially I love these units, I feel they are not worth the money; and pose a serious fire risk; and draft construction is not compatible with other brands.

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Company Information