Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

3.5/5 (45 ratings)

About Jenn-Air Slide-In Range

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Slide-In Range?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Our Jenn-Air has an electric oven and gas stove on top, the oven is always the perfect temperature and the convection is wonderful. The stove has different size burners for different functions and is great.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We chose this down-draft range based on the name Jen Air's being quality. After two separate occasions where the motherboard on the controls stopped working, and having experienced 3 separate attempts this last time to make repairs by replacing the computer and igniter both of which failed to make the repairs, I would not recommend this to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We purchased it in 2000 and never had a problem except replacing the burned-out oven light. It has convection and a regular oven. It can be a standalone as it was when we purchased it or built-in. We converted it to when we moved and replaced the "look-alike" leaky GE. Jenn-Air holds the heat in. Our's vents from the bottom, through the basement, and outside. Love the backsplash with a light over the burners and a shelf for spices. After 20 years, the stainless steel still looks good.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

We upgraded from Kenmore to Jenn Air during a remodel. EVERY SINGLE appliance has broken down at least once. For some reason our oven decided we kept Kosher so we couldn't use it on the Sabbath. Then the temperature became extremely erratic and we couldn't use the top oven. All these products are junk.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Not dependable product. The range went out the day after the warranty. To fix it the cost is one third of the price of a new range. I had no choice to buy another brand range since I can only buy one which has a downward draft. My exhaust in the kitchen is forced towards the basement and exits outside the house.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

This range has a lot of electronic components, and while it may look real nice, the components, (especially the major one to turn on/off oven, timer, and temp setting) has failed. Replacing that "motherboard" is very costly. The burners/ignitors also seem to have recurring problems as well, they keep "clicking" on after the flame is lit.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

My slide oven range with cooktop is well over 20 plus years old.. I cook on it every day. The oven works perfectly, the stove top works perfectly, I never had to have a repair.. THIS range was in my home when I purchased it. I was going to purchase a new range but my local appliance store salesperson told me that it is a great range and he suggested that I keep it. I am so happy that I listened to him.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Down-drafts are very difficult to find a repair company should you need one. Most home warranties won't cover any kind of Jenn-Air let alone a down-draft. Our self cleaning element no longer works. Repairs, if you can find a company that does work on them, is VERY spendy!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I have had this range replaced two times and am on my 3rd range and the WIFI is awful! This is the worst range I have ever owned. In fact JennAir and the place where I bought my range gave me $1500 to try to connect the wifi one more time before returning the range for a 4th or getting my money back. They promised they could get it working. They got the wifi up and running but every time the power went out I had to reconnect it. I got a new router and then it would not connect again. This was right before the holidays so I waited until afterwards because I had difficulty getting Jennair to ever answer the phone and I did not have time to deal with it.

Now it is after the holidays and my IT guy spoke with someone on the phone who could not help and sent me to someone else who did not call back. I have also texted and called twice and left messages for the guy that helped me in the beginning to get it hooked up and have not heard back. This range is under warranty and the wifi is unsatisfactory. At this point I would like my money back because it has been so hard to get anyone on the phone that knows what they are doing as far as connectivity and I have spoke to many, many people and I don't have time to deal with this every time the power goes out. By the way I personally know two other people with this exact same oven that are having the exact same issues. JDRP548L0 is the style of oven. DO NOT GET ONE!!! Either save your money and get something that is not as fancy but works or spend a little more for a higher quality product that actually works!

Original review: June 12, 2020

Simply put, this range is free standing, does not integrate with cabinets and countertops. But wait! There's more... We recently bought a new home. We cook a lot so while updating the kitchen, we intended to buy a WOLF range. WOLF is quite expensive so, ever budget conscious, we shopped for an alternative. In Jan '20 we purchased a less expensive - but not by much - Jenn-Air Professional 30" Dual Fuel / Model JDRP430HL. We told our local supplier, that we wanted to replace a 30" elect range with the Jenn-Air - the unit would slide into an existing island configuration. The day of delivery / install we noticed that the top was chipped. No problem, they'd replace it.

That same day we turned the oven on to off-gas the unit. It sounded like an air raid siren. We called Jenn-Air and the rep heard and agreed, "that doesn't sound right". They sent out a maintenance person who said that some wires were improperly attached at the factory. "It happens. All fixed", he proclaimed. Over the course of a couple more weeks, it was clear that the gas burners were not evenly distributing heat (burnt cookware); the simmer feature was too hot on all 4 burners; the oven did not heat evenly (cookies overcooked on one side / under-cooked on the other). Unforgivably the oven would randomly make awful whining sounds and then abruptly turn itself off. This little act occurred during a dinner party - of course. We were informed that the behavior was indicative of a potential fire risk. Clearly, we had a "lemon" on our hands. Thus began our efforts to have the range replaced.

Jenn-Air was unwilling to do more that send out maintenance people. We asked our retail supplier to intercede. Eventually, in March the unit was replaced. Until today, we were happier because only one hiccough remained to be solved; Jenn-Air doesn't make a trim kit for this $5,999.00 range. Since Jan '20 we have had blue painters tape covering the gap that exists between our countertop and the range. Since Jan'20 we have searched the planet for a trim kit; we have spoken to installers and maintenance people, Jenn-Air, Whirlpool, various supplier's and, we have communicated with several internet sources who all say the same thing; the range is "new" and to expect a kit to become available soon.

Today, June 11, 2020, our supplier heard from the Jenn-Air rep. I have cut & pasted the response; "I apologize that JennaAir did not get back to you, I reached out to the Seattle JennAir rep to find out what we can do in this situation and unfortunately he let me know that this is designed to be a freestanding range, and there are no trim kits available for it." Whaaat!

Not long ago I contacted a fabricator. Depending on the solution, it will cost approx. $400 to have a trim kit designed and fabricated. Suddenly, the "savings" we enjoyed by avoiding a WOLF seems like a penny wise, pound foolish choice. For me, given the whole Jenn-Air experience, I sorta wish I had lived a little longer with the electric range. I could have saved a little more $$ and bought the WOLF.

Original review: April 15, 2020

We have a Jenn-Air slide in range (Model JES9800CAS02) purchased in May of 2013. Quality is poor for a unit of this price ($2000+). Within the first year, the control panel failed. This is a design defect as the electronic display sits right above the oven door (which does not close properly). The heat from the oven penetrates the panel causing the electronics to fail (a very common problem - $270 for the part). The oven door is too heavy for the steel plate where the hinges are attached, causing the door to warp and not close correctly. I had to use my blacksmith skills to straighten out the plate (which will surely distort again with normal use). I also had to replace the glass cook top which broke in two places under normal use ($450 for the part). I was able to do the repairs myself, which probably saved several hundred dollars. We will never buy another Jenn-Air or Whirlpool or Kitchenaid or anything made by this company.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The glass/ceramic cooktop works great. The oven does not. Takes FOREVER to preheat & allows a 25° variance while cooking. So things take longer to cook & you have to set the temp higher. For example we used to set Bake to 350 and cook an item for say an hour. Now I set to 375 and often have to cook the same item for say one hour 15 minutes. The steam clean does not work well at all. While this unit was within warranty we did have an authorized tech come look at it. He told us the variance in temperature is allowed. I would not purchase a Jenn-Air again based on this experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

JGS1450FS. I would not recommend this product. This is the third Jenn-Air range I have owned and definitely the most poorly designed. Controls are on the top side and extremely sensitive when trying to clean. Knobs are not removable so they are difficult to clean around. If you don’t clean the knobs towards the Off position, you can inadvertently knock them towards the on position which turns the gas on and you don’t realize you have done it till you smell gas which is dangerous. Had to change the oven light bulbs today and they are in a most awkward spot to reach, at the very back, top corners. Glass covers was both difficult to remove, one bulb was broken and filament stuck inside.

Not impressed with the Aqualift self cleaning technology. You still have to remove the shelves, though not sure why if using only water. One cycle is not enough to remove all soil and a second one was required. When oven controls are turned on, there is a tremendous “thwump” as the gas ignites which is frightening and cool down after controls are turned off takes over an hour.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Electric range top doesn't stay on. "Elements start and stop glowing when turned on because the cooktop elements cycle on and off to reach the right temperature." However, when you try to cook something on high temperature (e.g. to sear meat), the range stays off for 5-10 seconds at a time making it impossible to cook at the right temperature. Piece of junk. Very disappointed with a brand that I thought produced high quality products.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Biggest waste of $12,000. Bought range one month ago and nothing but problems. The oven racks do not stay where you put them. You pull them out, they roll back in. I heard range not level, it is, heard they weren’t put in right, oh they are. Now hearing problem reported to Jenn-Air engineers to resolve. Doesn’t help me. Problem 2, every time you turn on oven, it flashes and plays piano noises. I been told it’s error. Oh after 5 service calls, no one can figure it out. Call customer service at Jenn-Air and all they give you is lip service. STAY AWAY.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Bought new 2016 Made in America model JES1450DS0 burner. Went bad 30 days. Fixed, no charge, now for the last 10 months the "fan speed is too low ". On line says shut off the breaker wait a minute. Now this no longer works so need to call for repair. Have a bad feeling it's the touch pad but we will see. Hope to get 5 years out of this then will buy a not made in America oven. After serving for 21 years in the military this is not the way I wanted to go.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Purchased the Jenn Air Oven based on belief that Jenn Air was top of the line. Paid almost 2000 in 2014. Since that time, I have replaced the touchpad and motherboard (control board). I find it hard to imagine that Jenn Air doesn't stand by their products at this price point. Had I known that the stove was merely filled with Whirlpool parts then I would have simply purchased a cheaper model. This is classic bait and switch marketing techniques. Last Jenn Air that I will purchase.

Original review: March 4, 2019

...I would never have let the builder talk me into this range. It was expensive for starters but this was our new kitchen so I didn't want to scrimp. And it was a Jenn-Air, which I'd always wanted. It had a grill and a downdraft and was reliable, right? We purchased the range in '07 for about $1500 on sale and by 2012 we had to replace the control panel panel for a whopping $750, including labor. Okay so now 2019 is here and the control panel is again inoperable and I'm assuming that the replacement will be over $1000 this time. Granted we do live in a very rural area and a repair person has to travel a ways to get here, but still, I could have had a simple stove for a few hundred dollars and it would still be working.

Now I have a cut out in my cabinetry that requires a slide in range ($$) and unless I replace my old Jenn-Air with a new Jenn-Air or a KitchenAid (same company basically) I have a perfectly useless downdraft and have to now rip up my kitchen to install a new vent for a different brand of stove, since Jenn-Air and KitchenAid are the only models who have the downdraft. More $$. Yes, the stove in the peninsula in my kitchen looks great but right now it is sculpture because it is useless.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We've had our Jenn-Air gas range for 12 years now. I'd say it's a miracle it's still working, well partially. I'm SO VERY THANKFUL to Jenn-Air for producing such a poor quality product! It used to make my wallet lighter from the multiple repair costs. I'm also thankful for the opportunity to learn how to repair these. Since it's so costly, I decided to just fix it myself. I've learned SO MUCH ABOUT repairing this range that I'm going to start my own appliance repair business to supplement my income. I look forward to the Sledge Hammer Party we will have when I can no longer get replacement parts. I'll drag this POS out to the front yard and invite everyone over to take a swing. Hey, if I charge a few bucks, I might get enough to buy a new NOT JENN-AIR/MAYTAG RANGE. Maytag/Jenn-Air, you'll be filing bankruptcy soon!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Purchased a Jenn-Air dual fuel slide in range. I have had it about 15 years, so there is some longevity. I love the parts that work, but not all parts have ever worked properly. Immediately one back burner did not work properly - - it continually tried to ignite when turned on. The serviceman said the burner thermal sensor thinks the stove is cold, so he told me to turn the burner on high and run it to warm up the cooktop. That did stop the clicking noise, but the other burners never had that problem; obviously it was defective. I just stopped using the bad burner. The broiler never worked which I did not discover immediately because I rarely ever broil food.

Some of the functions on the control panel have never worked from day one. The large front burner does not heat evenly, so I am always rotating the pan. The convection fan works intermittently. The temperature has always been 15 degrees off, so I keep a thermometer inside to always gauge and adjust accordingly. If you want to bake something at a high temp (like pizza or artisan bread), the oven will stop working and display an error code. The grates are made well and the top is easy to clean (although the screws under the burner caps do rust). Also, over time, dust, lint, etc. will accumulate in the space between the oven window. There is no way to clean it without taking the door apart. The bottom storage drawer does not align properly on the track. The control panel now does not work at all and replacement parts are not available. Sadly, Jenn-Air no longer is a trusted name in quality and service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This is the second Jenn-Air slide-in range we have owned. Our first range worked trouble free for many years. We only replaced it because it was looking very used. The new range, mostly the oven has been trouble. We have replaced the control panel twice. First time because it just stopped working. The second time due to maintaining of temperature of the oven. At first I thought it might be operator error, but after a couple repair visits, we realized it was the unit. The unit is 6 years old and went out of warranty last year. Not sure where we are going next. But, no new Jenn-Air...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When we bought a new house we purchased a Jenn-Air range because we had to have the downdraft feature. It was by far the most expensive appliance that we have ever bought but felt that meant it would be of high quality. HA HA HA. What a nightmare. Within two years the oven stopped maintaining the set temperature and two of the burner relay switches went out. The grill unit NEVER worked. Customer service has been horrible and Jenn-Air will not admit that these models are lemons as other reviews attest to. Do not ever consider buying a Jenn-Air. I absolutely hat this malfunctioning, poor performing, squeaky door piece of crap! A third relay switch has gone out so things continue to get worse. I curse the day this appliance came into my home.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

This is such a common problem and Jenn-Air refuses to acknowledge that. After call to their customer service department, they offered to provide the electronic control panel but we had to pay for the repair. For a class action lawsuit!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased a Jenn-Air 36" Range (PRG3610LP) in 2006 and the broiler stopped working recently because the thermostat was shot. The repairman said the replacement part is no available. He said the thermostat for the oven is also no longer available. This range was an expensive, supposedly top of line appliance and now we can no longer use the broiler. We were hoping the range was going to a long term investment, twelve and half years is all got. My recommendation is avoid Jenn-Air products altogether unless you're OK with having to replace it every 10 years or so.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Purchased a Jenn-Air slide in electric oven 6 years ago. Control board blew out within the first year. That was covered under the warranty. Never recovered all the functions. One year ago, board stopped working again. Jenn-Air was not helpful at all. No warranty, no help. Offered to sell me a new warranty. Now the whole oven is not working. Terrible product, even worse customer service, did not even entertain other options. will NEVER purchase another Jenn-Air product again. DO NOT recommend anyone purchasing these products either.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

All the prior reviews are right on! This is the worst item I have ever purchased when building a home. It has done nothing but cost me grief, time and money having to buy not one, not two but three electronic boards since I bought it. Not mentioning the error code constantly going off and several other parts purchased over the years attempting to not have go out and purchase another oven. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Jenn-Air. The company does not stand by its products and the oven/range is a disaster! I kid you not.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

This model is very unreliable. It came with the home we purchased and we have had nothing but trouble with it. It just about brunt our home down. The burner handles turn so easily that all is needed is a slight brush and it's on. Very unsafe! Today, suddenly all of the controls stop functioning. The stove top works but nothing else. This leads me to the useless trouble-shooting guide which explains how to possibly fix this condition by using the exact buttons that do not work. What a joke. Time for a new stove but it will not be a Jenn-Air. At one time, these were bulletproof and "the stove to buy' but no more. They are no better than a Kenmore and possibly the Kenmores are better.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The touch control panel was put in front of the range so the data line will take all the heat from burner, within few years, I have replaced two control panels! All I want to say is either the Jenn-Air range designer did on purpose or they are idiot.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Panel Control Part Number WPW10314418 Failure rate: Bought the 30 inch slide in downdraft unit in November 2011, the unit replaced an well worn-out slide in range of similar design, actually had little or no choice as Jenn-Air/Whirlpool was the only manufacturer manufacturing similar downdrafts at that time (today Kitchen Aid has a Model KSDG950ESS available, however they have seem to have design problems of their own, hopefully they will address them better than Jenn-Air/Whirlpool has demonstrated).

We have had two major Panel Control failures as well as infinity switches and glass top cocking elements over the lifetime of the unit, we will not use the self cleaning over feature as this is a kiss of death to the Push Button Panel Control Unit. It's obvious Jenn-Air/Whirlpool has demonstrated no intentions of rectifying their multitude of design/parts quality issues or they would have addressed them by now.

An example, we used to buy nothing but Maytag washers and dryers until they started followed a similar path as Jenn-Air/Whirlpool, now we use LG washer and dryer, they have been absolutely trouble free after six years of heavy duty use, I hate to say it but so far Whirlpool/Jenn-Air has failed to react to customer complaint other than deny they have issues while maintaining unrealistic parts pricing. Sometime losing market share is the only way to get their attention, possible someone will buy them out or they fail on their own - we for one will not support manufacturers who ignore their customer base, we shout about "Made in America", meanwhile in some cases the Koreans and others are designing and manufacture better products!!

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased a Jenn-Air induction range. The induction cooking part of the range is great. Extremely disappointed in the AquaLift cleaning feature. I cooked a turkey dinner and there was grease from the turkey inside the oven. Nothing to be scraped out. The next day I followed the directions for the AquaLift cleaning and did it 5x. Awful. How can anything possibly get clean and a person able to wipe up the water in 40 minutes. Temperature only gets to 220 I've been told. I had to manually scrub out the grease on the sides and back of the oven and still didn't get it all.

Customer service reps very nice and tried to be helpful. Apparently AquaLift is only intended to do the bottom. What good is that? Extremely disappointed that Jenn-Air thought this feature could possibly replace a self-clean where the oven actually gets hot and the entire oven gets clean without manual labor. I spent 10 hours trying to do what my Kenmore did for me countless times by turning on self-clean and wiping out the small white ashes when it was done. I hope they go back to the drawing board and fix what's not working. Sorry I spent so much money and time on a range that I will most likely not use the oven part for often because I don't like the effort it takes to clean it. Sorry I believed the hype that this AquaLift works. It does not.

Jenn-Air Slide-In Range Company Information