2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Microwaves?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: June 22, 2020

Two years ago we replaced an old microwave with a new Jenn-air that cost $800. The clock started breaking down almost immediately and yesterday the whole thing stopped working. We only bought Jenn-air because it fit in a particular space in our kitchen but we won't be buying any more of their products ever again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

My husband and I bought a brand new house 3 years ago from a builder and he installed all Jenn Air appliances in the house. First week after we moved in, the fridge didn’t work. After numerous calls and multiple services we found out that its compressor was not working. (A brand new fridge with broken compressor??) In the end, they could not fix it so we had to switch to a new fridge, going through such a hassle. Next one was microwave. The turner inside often wasn’t rotating so we had to deal with some burnt food. Again after many service calls, it got fixed. After that was our cooktop oven. This was about a year after we moved in. Gas igniter plus burner were making scary noises - sounds of some leaking gas - when using. Again service call after call, it got fixed. It didn’t stop there.

Next time it was the dishwasher. First, this brand new dishwasher couldn’t clean better than my 15 yr old Bosch one. Have to pre-wash each and every dish before putting into the machine; otherwise, many of them came out dirty and have to do dishes again. Also, due to its flimsy design inside, most of dishes are falling on each other so it needs extra caution???? This is not a mechanic failure so we can’t get any service but just feeling sorry for ourselves! Our problems didn’t end there. Now it is our microwave and oven. Its computerized panel shows that there is a problem (which nobody knows) so we call Jenn air service Centre. We don’t know what the problem is and waiting for a service guy.

It is our third year owning all these Jenn air so-called higher end brand products and each and every one failed to meet our expectations. I can’t believe 4 out of 4 appliances had problems. We had no choice but if any friends or family mention Jenn air, we told them our ill experienced story right away. No Jenn air in the future for sure. They copied their exterior design from top European brands -they look nice and stylish- but without the technology and user friendly options. Therefore performance was really poor and below our expectations. Wish we can give no stars at all. :(.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We spent 20,000 on all Jenn-Air products for our new kitchen remodel. Stay away from these products. It took four visits to get our microwave correct. Then our 42" built-in refrigerator started freezing the food and leaking. The door seal was bad. Everything in the produce drawers freezes unless the drawers are on Deli setting. Doors don't close by themselves. You have to literally push hard to close the doors. Dishwasher needed new circuit board already. The ovens are sounding like they are coming on when they are not.

One morning when I came down I felt heat like the oven came on during the night. Scary. The only thing I haven't had repaired has been the cook top. Poor designs on everything. I had to be with out these products for weeks when they are practically brand new. Another service call on Friday to replace the circuit board. This is a nightmare. Stay away from these products!!!! I am beyond stressed as we don't have the money to just go get new appliances.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Although this appliance is working well now, it has had service many number of times and has been replaced once, all after warranty had expired on it.

Original review: July 4, 2019

It works as advertised. We've noticed that the plastic cover over the keypad is wearing out after just a few years of operation. Aside from that the unit works well. It is utilized daily and have never had any operational issues.

Original review: July 1, 2019

We bought our new Jenn-Air microwave oven combination one year ago; paid a ton of $$. We have had 4 service calls and are now on a first name basis with the repair woman. About once or twice every month - or once every 20 or 30 uses, the microwave unit just quits. The recommended solution is a "hard reset," which means you go to the circuit breaker panel and shut the power off to the unit for one minute...1,001 1,002 1,003... and then turn it back on (can you say, "reboot"?). Most of the electrical parts have been replaced on the microwave, but pretty much made no difference. I realize that is difficult to track down a sporadic problem, but we can't be the only ones with this problem. If we had it to do over, we would definitely purchase some other brand. We will never again purchase a Jenn-Air anything.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My drawer microwave is still under the original warranty and it has started sparking, as in FIRE, when in use. The company sends a technician out and he tells us this is due to a defect in the equipment where the factory enamel paint finish came off of the metal. They sent him with a little can of paint to spray it back on although he could not deny that we can expect his aftermarket paint to peel off faster than the factory paint did. The heat from the fire got so bad that it melted the wheels that allow the drawer to come out.

When I tell Jenn-Air safety department that I’m worried about a house fire since you don’t watch a microwave like a TV so I’m only going to know the paint came off during the next fire. So Jenn-Air offered me 40% of the price for a new microwave. Yes, you heard it right, 40%, about the amount you would get off on a good sale. The company takes the opportunity to capitalize on their own defect with another sale where I have to pay 60% of the price for a new unit. This is the original warranty and they would rather risk a house fire and potential harm to me and my family instead of replacing the microwave with a LKQ model. I am so deflated because I really thought Jenn-Air was a quality product, right up there with Wolf-SubZero but it is absolutely not even close. I am so devastated and disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased model #JMV8208cs-1 over the stove microwave and exhaust unit in 2015. Beginning 2018 it began turning on by itself, and not turning on when you wanted it to. I paid a lot of money for this unit to have it malfunction in this time frame. In addition the unit is very large so the consumer needs to be very careful in considering the clearance. I have had to use gorilla tape to keep it closed but lately that is not working. I would not purchase this product again!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Very unhappy with the microwave/oven unit-we bought a cooktop and another wall oven that are great. The combination unit has a light that comes on spontaneously as well as a sound that it is shutting off when it is already off. This can go off every 20 minutes for hours unless you reshut it off. It is very frustrating when you spend this much money and have these problems. Contacted Jenn Air and they have no fix for it and no timetable for a fix. Will the oven turn on spontaneously???? Hopefully not.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have now owned this product for over 6 months and would never consider buying it again. (Paid $800.) Today the service tech came out for his 2nd visit due to a 50 cent part he noted frequently breaks. Glad it was still under warranty!!! Jenn Air Microhood JMV8208CS has 6 fan settings and I only use the high so whenever I am finished I have to push the screen through each setting until it goes off. If I accidentally push it one too many times, I have to start all over again. Same goes with the Light option as I prefer to use only the high setting. The cooking time is a bit longer than what the package states - for example if it's 5 minutes, it will minimally take 5 minutes 30 seconds or even 6 minutes. I bought a Jenn Air gas stove top with electric oven at the same time and also have a couple issues with that as well.

Jenn-Air Microwaves Company Information