Find a Microwaves partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Jenn-Air Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jenn-Air?

Original review: July 1, 2019

We bought our new Jenn-Air microwave oven combination one year ago; paid a ton of $$. We have had 4 service calls and are now on a first name basis with the repair woman. About once or twice every month - or once every 20 or 30 uses, the microwave unit just quits. The recommended solution is a "hard reset," which means you go to the circuit breaker panel and shut the power off to the unit for one minute...1,001 1,002 1,003... and then turn it back on (can you say, "reboot"?). Most of the electrical parts have been replaced on the microwave, but pretty much made no difference. I realize that is difficult to track down a sporadic problem, but we can't be the only ones with this problem. If we had it to do over, we would definitely purchase some other brand. We will never again purchase a Jenn-Air anything.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My drawer microwave is still under the original warranty and it has started sparking, as in FIRE, when in use. The company sends a technician out and he tells us this is due to a defect in the equipment where the factory enamel paint finish came off of the metal. They sent him with a little can of paint to spray it back on although he could not deny that we can expect his aftermarket paint to peel off faster than the factory paint did. The heat from the fire got so bad that it melted the wheels that allow the drawer to come out.

When I tell Jenn-Air safety department that I’m worried about a house fire since you don’t watch a microwave like a TV so I’m only going to know the paint came off during the next fire. So Jenn-Air offered me 40% of the price for a new microwave. Yes, you heard it right, 40%, about the amount you would get off on a good sale. The company takes the opportunity to capitalize on their own defect with another sale where I have to pay 60% of the price for a new unit. This is the original warranty and they would rather risk a house fire and potential harm to me and my family instead of replacing the microwave with a LKQ model. I am so deflated because I really thought Jenn-Air was a quality product, right up there with Wolf-SubZero but it is absolutely not even close. I am so devastated and disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased model #JMV8208cs-1 over the stove microwave and exhaust unit in 2015. Beginning 2018 it began turning on by itself, and not turning on when you wanted it to. I paid a lot of money for this unit to have it malfunction in this time frame. In addition the unit is very large so the consumer needs to be very careful in considering the clearance. I have had to use gorilla tape to keep it closed but lately that is not working. I would not purchase this product again!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Very unhappy with the microwave/oven unit-we bought a cooktop and another wall oven that are great. The combination unit has a light that comes on spontaneously as well as a sound that it is shutting off when it is already off. This can go off every 20 minutes for hours unless you reshut it off. It is very frustrating when you spend this much money and have these problems. Contacted Jenn Air and they have no fix for it and no timetable for a fix. Will the oven turn on spontaneously???? Hopefully not.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have now owned this product for over 6 months and would never consider buying it again. (Paid $800.) Today the service tech came out for his 2nd visit due to a 50 cent part he noted frequently breaks. Glad it was still under warranty!!! Jenn Air Microhood JMV8208CS has 6 fan settings and I only use the high so whenever I am finished I have to push the screen through each setting until it goes off. If I accidentally push it one too many times, I have to start all over again. Same goes with the Light option as I prefer to use only the high setting. The cooking time is a bit longer than what the package states - for example if it's 5 minutes, it will minimally take 5 minutes 30 seconds or even 6 minutes. I bought a Jenn Air gas stove top with electric oven at the same time and also have a couple issues with that as well.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Model jmc8130dds. Microwave oven combination bought new Summer 2006. Was 'told' is was "top of the line." Never been anything but trouble with doors, hinges, switches. Designed to fail. Well, the other day the outer glass panel on the microwave door fell off. Shattered on the floor. I have 2 year old twins. Got glass in feet. Spent hours digging glass out and still finding it on floor after vacuuming 4 times. The tabs on the bottom apparently let loose. Couldn't find exterior glass panel anywhere. Called Jenn-Air, was told they discontinued making replacements…UNBELIEVABLE!!! Jenn air rep told me, "Sorry don't make it anymore". I felt like a fool. Now I have a microwave with no exterior trim or glass. I’d have to throw away the entire unit ($3500) because Jenn air quit making the glass.

I was told law only requires them to make replacement parts for 7 years. First thing I noticed was the unit was manufactured in May 2005. I bought what I thought was new in June 2006 from Sears. Jenn air clearly isn't concerned about supporting their products or customers. I guess I'll tie a rope to the inner door frame to open it. I tell everyone who comes what Jenn air did to me here. Lesson learned, will never buy Jenn air again! Or from Sears.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I noticed other reviewers on here with the same issue and thought I should also voice my experience. After owning the Jenn-Air Microwave Hood combination Model JMV9186WP for 4 1/2 years with no problems, in June of 2016, the stainless steel cover (approx 30" long) and attached plastic vent box fell off and landed on my foot. I was not using the microwave at the time. Upon inspection, it was clear to see that the plastic tabs that the screws insert through to attach it to the metal frame of the microwave had deteriorated and crumbled apart. I immediately called my appliance repair group who came over later that week and replaced the part. He was quite surprised to see this and commented that he felt the same thing was likely to happen to the tab that connects the control panel to the frame.

Fast forward 9 months to March, 2017, and the exact same thing happens again. My 5 year extended warranty had since run out, and I was advised to call Jenn-Air directly. They are sending a new part with a repairman next week. I also stood my ground, and this is occurring with no cost to me. However, the problem still remains that this is happening at all. It was just a matter of luck that a small child, pet or something hot on the stove wasn't hit causing a much more serious situation.

Since this happened the first time after 4 1/2 years, and the second time after 9 months (3 of which I was away), it would seem that the replacement parts are even less stable than the original! Perhaps the heat rising from the stove/oven (their model by the way) is causing the plastic to become brittle with the changing temperature from room temperature to hot and back again, etc. Then the weight of the stainless cover panel contributes to the snapping of the tabs. I really think this should be a recalled piece before someone gets seriously injured or burned.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I purchased 3 appliances drop in range, dishwasher and microwave in 1998. The products are not worth buying in my opinion. I previously contacted your company concerning the microwave. I gave up on the other appliances. The microwave sweats profusely. When you open the door you have to have paper towels or dishtowels in abundance to catch the water. The interior of the microwave turned an ugly blackish color and rusted. The plastic wheel that the glass plate sets cut grooves into the bottom of the microwave and now it is one horrific mess. I contacted your technician about this some time ago and she told me that the excessive sweating in the microwave was a feature of your product and that there was nothing she could or would do about it. Just another unsatisfied customer. I will never purchase Jenn-Air products again and I will only give bad reviews. Thank You.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

Jenn Air Model #JMV8208BAS. Inside rusted, no light, turns on by itself when the door is shut. To repair is $560.00. Forget it! I only paid $470.00 new. No more Jenn Air products for me!

Original review: July 29, 2016

After having two different grill/vents fall off of our microwave, I decided to check if anyone else has had the problem. The review listed on July 4, 2016 was exactly what happened to me. I opened the door and the vent fell, hitting me on my head. This microwave is only 4 years old. The last grill/vent I purchased only lasted one year. Appliance PartsPros.com does carry the replacement part, but I hesitate to buy another poor quality part. The soften food feature has also quit working. I am very disappointed with this "upscale" appliance.

Jenn-Air Microwaves Company Information