Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Five years ago renovated house with three top of line Amana ac units for $25,000. Installer told me I would have a 10 year parts warranty. Shortly after installation, installer went bankrupt and I had to switch to another contractor to finish the job. New contractor found that original installer did not register the units and registered them with Goodman. Just had motor fail right after 5 year anniversary. Assumed it was covered for another 5 years. Goodman said no, because original installer "had not registered within 60 days of their purchase" warranty dropped to five years and my $25,000 system cost me another $800 to repair out of warranty. Appealed it to Goodman Headquarters Customer Service and their attitude was tough luck but not our problem. "We have rules and that's the rule!" Will never buy Amana/Goodman again!!!! That's my new rule. Beware before you select them!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We purchased a Goodman in 2018 because we wanted to support a Houston Company. Summer of 2019 the motor went out. We had to pay the labor cost to fix it. Now the coil has gone out and it’s another $800. The response we received from the Houston rep was “things happen”. We are going to replace the Goodman with a better quality. We feel the Goodman is a piece of junk and don’t want to continue rebuilding it.

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was sold this Goodman Air Conditioner by Four Seasons heating & Air in Port Charlotte, FL. I have only had two years of use and after it wasn't blowing cold air I called 4 Seasons and in five minutes of inspection was told the compressor had blown out. They told me that despite the poor service of this unit, only parts were covered and they would charge $800 for the labor to reinstall these defective parts. I am80 years old, live in Florida and will have had no air conditioning in 90% heat for at least three days. This product was defective. I have been a homeowner for 50 years and have never had less than five years wear from any air conditioner. Goodman needs to be investigated.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

We had our ac unit (inside and out) replaced a year and a half ago. Well, the blower motor has already died. After contacting my AC company come to find out the motor is covered but not the labor. So only 1 and a half years after spending 1000s of dollars to have a piece of garbage with a 10 year warranty installed in my home I now have to pay to have said garbage repaired. Goodman has gone out of their way to write a warranty that is essentially useless to the consumer and keeps them from having to back the substandard product they're pedaling. Pathetic experience. The only reason a company would refuse to pay labor to repair their product is their product is such trash that they won't stand behind it. Will not be purchasing anything from Goodman or Amana ever again. Will be having it removed and thrown in the junkyard as soon as I have the money to replace the brand new unit.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

When we bought our house, we thought getting a new AC would be a good idea. The old one hadn't been properly maintained and summer was approaching. We had a new outside unit installed, plus new furnace (gas), and air handler. Everything worked great for the first two summers. The 16 SEER unit did a good job keeping up with the blazing Georgia heat, and our electrical bill wasn't too bad. 20 months after it was installed, the motor failed on the outside unit. The compressor was running, but the fan wouldn't turn.

I just had the guy out from the company that installed it, and he verified it's the motor. So, I now have to wait for a new motor to ship and then be replaced. In all, this is going to cost me $350 in shipping and labor (yes, I'm paying shipping, too). It was good while it lasted, but, talk about buyer's remorse. This will definitely be my last Goodman product. That includes anything from Daikin (Amana, for example). You lost my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

In 2011, I had two Goodman split units (upstairs and downstairs) installed. With minor parts calls, for the most part they have worked OK. I purchased Goodman Goodcare Extended Warranties (10 year) coverage on parts and labor. It is Oct 2019 (8 years of operation) and the main floor outside unit 3.5 ton unit compressor failed. The largest HVAC vendor (also a Goodman dealer) in the area will only cover the parts but not honor the labor warranty. The answer back is that Goodman is either slow or never reimburses the dealers/vendors on labor and so the vendors won't honor it. I called Goodman for other HVAC vendors to call. From the list they provided of vendors, two are no longer in business, and the other says they will not honor the labor warranty either. :(

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We purchased a 5 ton unit less than a year ago. Since then we have gotten a b1 error code more than 10 times. They say they know about the problem but that’s where it ends. We have replaced the board 7 times, the wiring harness 2 times, the fan motor 2 times. And now it’s out again. We’ve had to pay out of pocket each time for their problems. It’s now out again. When I call now their are very rude and won’t stand behind the product.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Last year, I bought a house that recently had a Goodman heat pump installed shortly before my purchase. Recently, I discovered the contractor had not installed the unit per Goodman's guidelines. I called them up to see if the installation was still acceptable, despite not being per their guidelines, or if I should talk to the contractor about re-doing it. I figured that if Goodman said it is acceptable, then I would drop the matter; if Goodman said it isn't acceptable, I would have more leverage in asking the work to be re-done.

As a homeowner, they refused to talk to me; they said to talk to a Goodman installer. I told them my problem was with an installer, so how could I be sure that another installer would give good advice. (I am a retired HVAC engineer, so I would understand whatever technical advice they gave.) I can understand them wanting to be careful what they say, and refer many questions to an installer, since most people don't understand HVAC, but my question is a simple one, "Is the installation acceptable as-is?" With this kind of support, no, I will not buy a Goodman unit.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

4 years ago I had both inside and outside units replaced for peace of mind at retirement. Outside unit is a Goodman 4 ton and inside is a Miller furnace in a Modular home. This unit for 4 years has blown water into the plenum and soaked it so bad, I am sure it needs full replacement now. Then 4 years in a row the fine Goodman outside unit has failed in midsummer and is down again right now. It has had coils replaced and compressors replaced and is still under warranty, but when ac repair crew gets out here again maybe Tuesday, I am going to cut my losses and have this junk removed from my sight. It is still under warranty, but I see no reason to keep this unit in service.

Right now I think it is the compressor out again, that will be number 3. This needs to be completely removed and everything repaired under furnace to stop water and mold. Can't believe they can sell such poor equipment to people in this country. I will now being retired have to buy and pay for install of another unit and they can take this Goodman with its warranty to the landfill site. DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN UNIT, UNLESS YOU WANT CONSTANT REPAIRS AND EXPENSE ON YOUR PART.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We've bought our system just over 5 years. Went away on vacation to come home to 87 degrees in our home. The HVAC people came out and said that it was the compressor, and our unit wasn't registered. (GO FIGURE). So I proceeded to call about our warranty. I was told that the unit wasn't registered (which it was) and they will not replace the compressor. I got 3 prices on replacing the unit and all 3 were well over $1500. I wish now that I would have come to this page and seen all these negative reviews!!! Trust me. If you are thinking of buying this POS please re-think it...

Goodman Manufacturing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

• Best for: owners of medium to large sized homes who want either a central or ductless split air conditioning system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs