1.54/5
  • 1 star
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

213 Goodman Manufacturing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Some gangster AC guy installed a Goodman ac unit outside my house 2 years ago. Already then he did not seem to know what he was doing because the coils were freezing up inside the house shortly after installation and he had to come back 3 times. He charged us $3000. We are not experts and noticed the unit he installed has the worst energy efficiency by far. Now two years later, it is not working and Freon is leaking out of the coils. I called him and he argued with me that "he has been in business for 30 years and I don't know about technical details". Needless to say, he is trying to get rid of me and my complaints because he spent the $3000 a long time ago. Another ac guy told me I need a totally new unit outside AND inside because the two are not compatible. Great! Everyone is just trying to fill their bank accounts. He told me it would cost me $900 if I wanted him to recharge the Freon. Please help. I am freezing!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought a new Goodman ac unit. From day one I knew there was a problem. It would never go below 76 d F. I called Goodman who sent out a tech. He found nothing wrong. I then hired a ac company to inspect the unit. They found it had leaked ref. GOODMAN said they would replace the coil but I will have to pay for the labor at a cost of $1100. After paying $3400 for the new ac this is a rip off. I AM BEGGING YOU DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN. THEY ARE PURE JUNK.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have 2 Goodman AC units for my house and both were installed 5 years ago when the house was new. 2 weeks ago my unit stopped cooling and I had a tech come to check it out. Found a Freon leak in the evaporator coil. He said those coils are on backorder and we could try to service it but it may rapidly leak down again. I decided to try that since the coil is on backorder which cost me 580 bucks.

One week later the unit stops cooling because all the Freon leaked out again. I called a different AC company to send out a tech to verify where the leak is coming from and he confirmed the evaporator coil is the problem. I still have warranty but it is going to be 4 to 6 weeks to get the coil from Goodman. Yep, 4 to six weeks of no AC on my 2nd level because the part is back ordered. Are so many of these coils failing that they can't manufacture repair parts fast enough to keep up with the demand? It would seem so.

Now keep in mind that when the new coil comes in FOUR TO SIX WEEKS that I will have to pay to charge it with Freon at a cost of about 500 dollars. The unit is covered under warranty against manufacturing defects... the Freon leaked out because of a manufacturing defect so a reasonable person would think the Freon would be covered under the warranty repair. Nope. Since new I have had to replace 2 capacitors, a contractor relay, and a blower motor so this coil issue is not the first troubles I have had. As I am sitting in Florida with a broken AC and 4 to 6 weeks on getting it fixed, I can say with certainty that I will not ever buy a Goodman product again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

3-ton package unit, 16 SEER - Shortly after the unit was installed, we noticed water draining on our wooden deck. The unit was not placed on our deck, but it butted up against it. This was in June that it was installed. It is Nov. 9, 2017, and it is still drenching our wooden deck when the air conditioning is on. The company has tried everything they know to do, and they have spent hours and hours and hours here with many calls, 12 different techs.

The guy yesterday and another tech said the unit is a poor design. The insulation was removed and was dripping water like a pitcher of water pouring out. We have condensation on top of the unit and rusting in one corner. We have not paid any money for all the hours and things they have tried. Next they are going to lift the unit and put in a drain pan. My husband is concerned that the water is still going to be a problem, and with winter coming, we will not be using the AC until spring to see if it is fixed. Goodman has been no help. NEVER gonna buy a Goodman product ever again!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I purchased a 16 seer Variable speed 2 stage 3 ton heat pump with a AVPTC air handler. The unit was purchased and installed on 1/13/2012. Almost immediately the problems started. Goodman replaced the variable speed motor in the air handler along with the circuit board. I then started having problems with the heat pump in the winter months kicking out on the high head pressure limit.

After many calls to Goodman, they sent a factory Rep from Iowa along with a rep. from Lute Supply where the unit was purchased. The rep found a short in the high pressure limit, a Hard start was added to the heat pump and the unit worked fine for about 6 months. At this point I have $750.00 invested in service calls. The unit failed again in August 2016. Service was called again and the run capacitor was replaced. Service call $313.00. The unit ran fine until 10/25/17 when the heat pump stopped. Service was again called and I was told the unit is leaking and coil needs replaced. I have 13 service calls on this unit at a cost of $1800.00. The unit is coming out, I would never recommend Goodman products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Would give 0 stars if it was an option. Unit was one year and one day old when 3 parts needed replaced. Goodman only covered one part. We have regular 6 month maintenance on the unit. Bottom line, it cost us $327.00 to get a brand new unit fixed. We asked in good faith that Goodman would work with us on this but rec'd a letter stating they were unable to meet our request. We were referred to Homeowner Support, which we reached out to twice and never rec'd a response. Not a company that I would recommend to anyone or their products.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I installed a new A/C at my house. It works great, great warranty. It's a proper installation guys. My contractor did a great job. But very happy to know Goodman is now made in USA. Huge facility in Houston TX.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Buyer beware! These companies do not offer technical assistance for consumers, only for contractors. This is very disappointing to me having recently purchased costly high-end equipment made by Daikin Industries, which is the parent company of Goodman Manufacturing.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Just purchased a new Goodman 5-ton 16 SEER Air Conditioner September 2017. So far I'm happy with the unit except for the annoying loud "Tinny rattling & grunting" noise coming from the compressor. Had my AC contractor come back within the first week. He stated this is normal and the noise is coming from the refrigerant line coupling/caps. He put some electrical tape on the caps and that reduced the noise level a few degrees.

Well, his great "Bubba" fix lasted about 3 days then the louder noise came back again. I called the Contractor back out and said, "I just paid your company good money for this new Goodman and the noise level is not acceptable." He proceeded to fiddle around with it and couldn't seem to find where the "tinny" rattling sound was coming from. I suggested he might try the cheap sheet metal panels where the refrigerant lines are and put a sound dampener on them.

He didn't have anything in his truck so loaned him a small roll of felt insulation. He cut a few pieces and inserted them where the panels overlap and surprise, surprise, the Tinny rattling noise disappeared. The fan is quiet but the compressor motor still has a grunting noise which it did not have the day of installation. The contractor said this is normal too. I'm going to check around my neighborhood to see if there are any other Goodmans to see if they have a similar noise.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I am joining a long list of dissatisfied Goodman a/c unit customers. My wife and I purchased our home in 2012 with Goodman units installed. Almost immediately after moving into my new home one of the units experienced problems cooling one of the floors of my home. It took 5 service repair visits to uncover a defect in the unit which ultimately was repaired. Fast forward 5 years, around the time the warranty ended and we began experiencing problems with one of the other units. We were advised that the "coil" inside the unit had gone bad and had to be replaced. I contacted Goodman and they advised that even though it had only been a few months since my 5 year warranty expired, they would not replace the coil. Too bad, tough luck. I would implore anyone reading this to not purchase Goodman products or have them installed in newly constructed home.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Bought new A/C unit in 2016, as of date I have spent more money repairing the unit than I did purchasing it. I Have replace the Freon 3 times, condenser coil, motor and now my evaporator coil needs replacing and more Freon again. I'm suppose to buy a labor contract to fix a BRAND NEW UNIT!!! REALLY???

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The house I moved into had a Goodman AC installed. Fast forward to when I move in and the compressor blows. I called Goodman to ask about warranty information since the unit did not look very old. I was told that my unit was out of the warranty period and I would not get any help from Goodman unless I was able to locate information on when the unit was installed. After significant research from the previous owners and the owners before them, I was unable to locate any documentation.

I was forced to pay over $4,000 to replace my AC. I then went onto Goodman's website and left a negative review of the company. They deleted my review and someone from customer service got in touch with me. I told him all the facts of what happened and he told me "there is nothing we can do for you." He had a poor attitude and refused to offer any kind of assistance. In a nutshell he was telling me "To bad." I asked for his phone number and provided mine but he refused to call or give me his number. I eventually called the general customer service number, where I was also told by a seemingly incompetent employee that "there is nothing we can do for you."

So after being told incorrect information by a Goodman employee, 2 more employees refused to lift a finger to attempt to remedy my situation. They were completely indifferent to my situation and offered absolutely no assistance. I am now $4,000 poorer, but I will make every attempt to tell whoever will listen how awful Goodman products are and how incompetent and apathetic Goodman customer service employees are. I am extremely disappointed in Goodman's lack of customer service. I don't understand how a company who produces inferior products and then refuses to assist customers can stay in business. To anyone who might be interested, I have copies of the emails I sent and received with Goodman customer service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Had this unit installed in August of 2012. Immediate problems the following day with a "broken wire" that made a horrendous noise. In May 2017, it stops working. Repairman says it needs freon. July stops working again. Repairman says there must be a leak and it's impossible to find them so he replaced the coil. Today, September 2, stops working again. Will be getting a new AC unit but you can bet it will NOT be a piece of junk Amana/mfg. by Goodman. Myself, I believe a AC unit should last more than five years, esp. when it doesn't run year round.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We purchased (2) 25 Ton Daikin HVAC Units. Goodman Distributors in Philadelphia sold them to our contractor / we bought them from the contractor. Both units arrived on July 11, 2017. 1 of the units worked for a few days. It is now over 40 days and still no sign of getting replacement parts for the unit. The management at Goodman Distributors is absolutely horrible. I cannot express how angry I am at the lack of customer service & no care or desire to fix the unit.

Goodman is a company owned by Daikin (manufacturer). They actually told me it's the contractor's problem - not theirs. Daikin built the unit / Goodman sold the unit - they then wash their hands off it - let me be clear - it work for only a few DAYS! $15,000 for 1 unit. I was instructed to call Customer Care - again - said "too bad nothing they can do - call the contractor." This company and the mother company are Dirty People. I made the mistake of agreeing to purchase Daikin units. Be careful if you decide to go with a Goodman Brand - they do not stand behind their equipment. In the event of a bad part (this happens) they will make your life miserable. What they should do is say "we are sorry - we will get this resolved immediately." 40+ days and counting - you be the judge!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I bought my house in 2014 in South Florida. The house was brand new construction and very well built. It has all impact windows and doors, along with plenty of insulation. The biggest mistake however was that the builder installed a "GOODMAN" manufacturing HVAC system. The system is sized well within Florida code and worked fine the first year. However, the second year things quickly went downhill during the summer of 2016 when the condenser motor went out in the unit - only to be followed by the coils leaking 4 months later. As of this summer 2017 the unit has gone out again and was completely out for 2 WEEKS!!! I set the unit to 74 and it runs all day even though the house is 85 degrees inside.

I have had 4 different HVAC companies come out and try to diagnose my problem. I have had 7 techs from 4 different companies completely disassemble my unit trying to find the problem. They have checked all the ducting and checked my home's structure for leaks, to no avail. All 4 companies have told me that they believe that the unit is defective and ALL has NOTHING positive to say about the company and all these companies refuse to even do business with GOODMAN (for obvious reasons). That Goodman is one of the cheapest units you can buy and has the most problems! They all recommended that I "Bite the Bullet" and replace the 3 year old unit, after I have dumped $1400 into it.

When I contacted Goodman Manufacturing, an "American made Company out of TEXAS." I was told by a supervisor after explaining my situation, that there was nothing they could do to help me out, despite there being a 10 year warranty on the unit. The incompetent employee I spoke to from GOODMAN told me that my unit was fine and didn't see a reason for them to have to replace it. For a company's motto to be, "At Goodman we believe in American Dependability. Units are designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A." to tell a customer that there's nothing you can do is appalling. Goodman Units are nothing more than the lowest quality TRASH - Made from defective parts in China and Mexico, shipped to the U.S and then assembled by migrate workers. Their whole American Made motto is **.

Goodman Manufacturing and its management are no better than "All Talk No Action Politicians!" I hope Trump builds that WALL and taxes your defective parts coming into the U.S so much you go bankrupt!!! It is safe to say that I have thrown out my garbage known as Goodman and Switched to a much more dependable A/C unit.

As for anyone thinking about buying a Goodman A/C unit don't!!! For anyone thinking about replacing their existing unit or buying a house with a Goodman A/C be warned!!! It will cause you so much money, stress and headache when it goes out within 3 years. You will be HIT IN THE FACE with thousands of dollars in repair bills, only to dish out another several thousand dollars to replace it with another unit. I am so entirely dissatisfied with Goodman, their "product" as well as their employees. I won't even sell my old unit to anyone because I don't want them going through what I had to, down here during a HOT South Florida Summer. P.S.A.!!! To anyone purchasing a new HVAC unit. Spend the extra money upfront and buy something that will last you at least 10 years. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM GOODMAN MANUFACTURING OR YOU WILL EAT THESE WORDS, THAT I CAN PROMISE YOU!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Lennox is leading the industry but Goodman is just as good, but is a simpler machine. The problem is Goodman used to have less restrictions on who they deal to. Because of this, non-professionals have bought Goodman and installed them incorrectly. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO HOW IT'S INSTALLED!!! Pay the extra $$$ to go with a reputable company!!!

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2017

After I completed an earlier review, a "Goodman" supervisor contacted me by phone. We spoke, and after explaining the issue and my thoughts, the supervisor said she would get back me on extending the warranty on my new unit. A couple of hours later I received an email from the supervisor, with an attached copy of the corrected and updated warranty coverage. Fantastic customer response after what I believe was a fair complaint issue.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I moved into my new home in May 2017, and believed I had 90 days to register my new Heat-pump/AC unit for an extended free warranty. While looking for the paperwork, I had learned the time was 60 days, not 90. During a very complicated move, the registration paperwork for all warrantied items in the home was lost/misplaced. On finding the warranty/registration, I attempted to call "Goodman" (I hope the name "Goodman" does not imply anything positive) about 5 times, and on each occasion I was met with a voice message the business is "Closed for the 4th of July", and would be open the 5th.

This was the point at which time I saw I had 60 days, not 90 days to register. On the "Goodman" warranty letter, there is nothing stating hours, and or time zone of the customer service office. I learned they are in Texas, which is a different time zone from Arizona. On writing to Goodman to activate the extended warranty I included a written reason for the late registration.

On the weekend of 072117 I received a response from "Goodman", I believe automated, telling me the item was registered, but the extended warranty was not active. I next called "Goodman." I then had 2 phone conversations with employees of "Goodman" to address the issue, to include an explanation for my delay, and I asked they waive the 2 or 3 day late application.

One of the high quality employees from "Goodman", in telling why she would not address the issue said, "You had ample time." I remained polite and asked to speak to a supervisor. The 2nd employee/supervisor, "Laquicia" was the same in her tone, and was also unwilling to listen to my request to waive my late registration. I explained the reasoning again, and suggested possible examples to her of lost papers due to fire, and or significant issue such as death, as to why it could be possible to validate my extended warranty. But in her flippant response she said, "I have dealt with them all, and there are no exceptions."

I had noted to the employee "This is a new home, and the unit is new." I explained to her there are viable exceptions to rules, and also that it might just be good business to waive the rule. But she was not willing to address the notion of waiving the 2 or 3 day tardiness of my app. I also explained again I had tried to call the number listed on the warranty and website, but all I got was a recording from their system telling me they were closed "July 4th". Neither employee appeared to understand their system was not updated, and it did not provided me an alternative to address my issue to a live person.

Seeing I was getting little flexibility from the "Supervisor", I asked to speak with her Supervisor. Before she transferred me to her supervisor "Christine's", I was told, "She's not going to be able to help you either." So of course, Christine let her phone go to message, so I left my details for a callback. Nice tone, and not threatening.

I don't need repairs, it’s a brand new unit on a brand new house. My developer "Meritage Homes" and unit installer, "Chas **" will be contacted, and they will be advised of the inflexible and very poor service from Goodman. I will also suggest an A/C supplier change, and/or address the business skills of Goodman call takers, and their ability to address common sense and reasonable requests in a professional manner. I can handle "No", but try a little Honey in your sales pitch.

My point here is this; I know the company has rules, and if the house was an old home with an old unit, I could see their trepidation, but as I was only 2 or 3 days outside of the extended warranty with a brand new unit, I would think from a customer service/business issue, they would be understanding and cover my unit. I have run into many stories over the years where good companies waive a simple issue such as this, and the "Goodwill" and "Good word" that come from the experience of the customer, goes a long way toward a good business reputation.

Original review: July 19, 2017

We purchased a Goodman Central Unit in 2012 - The unit has been nothing but trouble, it has become a money pit, last year we survived the summer with small window units, because the coolant would leak out after about 2 weeks. In my opinion this has got to be the worst central unit ever sold!

Original review: July 9, 2017

I had an Amana 2 ton hvac gas pack for 18 years, never had a problem, never cleaned, never serviced. The unit had to be replaced in 2006 and was a problem from day one! The unit would not cool like the old one, the unit was supposed the same as I had before. I spent $3,900.00 in repairs with everything in the unit being replaced, including the compressor. Goodman did not offer any help! They even called one service technician and said I wasn't happy with him, when the fact of the matter was he could not figure out what was wrong!

The unit would run continually all day long with the thermostat on 73 and the outside temp was 83 degrees! I have finally found that the original compressor was a 19000 BTU's and the sensible BTU's rating was rated at 18000, which several HVAC techs said that was a 1/2 ton difference and would not work! I just recently replaced with a Coleman and will not buy Goodman ever again!!! The last tech found the blower wheel was wobbly because of insulation, but said even replacing it would not solve the issue!

Original review: July 5, 2017

I built a new house in 2012-2013. 3 separate Daikin commercial grade split units were installed. The house was completed in August of 2013 when I moved in. I noticed, in February of 2014 the unit wasn't heating the rooms on 1 of the unit's zones. I called the installer and spent over $900 to fix it, the company refilled the freon which was empty and left. 6 months later in August, unit's not working again. Long story short second repair company after two three to four visits finally identify the problem with a Daikin tech rep to be the condenser coil in the outdoor unit and evaporator coil in one of the handling units.

I've spent now $2500 to identify the problem. Daikin will not cover parts citing 1 year warranty on all but compressor for a unit that didn't even have normal residential wear and tear. Parts are $1500. I am completely dissatisfied with the lack of quality and desire to stand behind the product they manufacture here in the States for Daikin. I will never recommend or purchase another product from this company.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have read so many bad reviews and all I can say is I have been installing Goodman units since 2008 and have yet to have one fail. I would put a Goodman up against any brand. Dollar for dollar and dependability you can't beat it. I have had 2 units where ants made a home in the contactor, but that's the only times I have had to replace any, and I mean any part on a Goodman unit. Goodman also has a solid alum. Evap. Coil, nothing to rust out like other brands have a MILD steel end plates that after 10-15 years of service with it being wet from condensation will rust and cause the copper loops to have pinhole leaks that is impossible to fix.

Goodman, Amana, Daikin are all the same company and is the largest HVAC company in the entire world. They didn't get that way from building bad and undependable equipment. They build good quality equipment, maybe it's the installer, and not the equipment, because as I have said in the last 9 years of steadily installing Goodman, not one has failed.

Original review: June 30, 2017

I bought a Goodman 3 ton and in the winter it's not that good at producing heat and this summer just kicked off and the fan motor gave out. I barely use this central air unit and now the guy who installed it wanted to charge me 100 a pound and then he said I might not even be covered. This isn't cool at all! Thousands down the drain. Never again will I buy this junk!

Original review: June 27, 2017

Worked for Goodman a few years ago. Arrogant, paranoid upper management, inferior products, delusional opinion of their products. Think they are a higher quality than Carrier, Lennox, and Trans, who are the industry leaders.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I have purchased a Goodman heat pump there 3 years ago and it stopped working. The compressor went and have been trying to get it fixed. Have contacted the company many times and they will not replace the part. I know of someone else who has the same problem as I do. Will never deal with them again. There is a 10-year warranty on it and they will not fix it, it's been two years waiting.

Original review: June 16, 2017

GOODMAN R22 5 TON UNIT "JUNK UNIT" - Goodman is garbage. I just hit 5 years and during this time we replaced a compressor under the bull ** warranty and it still cost me $1000 between labor and freon. Now the coil leaked out all the freon. The owner of this junk company needs a visit... I bet you in his home he doesn't have this junk. My last unit was a Carrier and it never gave me a problem in 37 years of use... shame on this fool who owns this bad company. Do not believe any installer. This manufacturer makes junk!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I had a Goodman (GPG153609041AD) unit installed December 2010. Since then I have had to replace a draft motor, ignition board, and now the evaporator coil is leaking and needs to be replaced. All in I will spend more than $4,000 in repairs on a unit that cost me $6,800 to install! Goodman would not help. Given all comments online, the evaporator coil at least is a problem that has consistently come up. After speaking with customer service, they would not offer any help at all. I recommend that no one use Goodman units ever. I will replace mine as soon as I am able to do so.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I purchased the "extended warranty" through our local One Hour Heating and Air (now out of business). This covered a total replacement installation in 2009 of: a Furnace/Coil downstairs; heat pump/air handler unit upstairs; two outdoor units. Evaporator coil sprung a leak last week and I checked my warranty online and on the phone w/ Goodman and they confirmed my coverage for parts and labor. Called one of their authorized "Asure" techs and he came out and told me the coil wasn't covered.

Everything (all serial numbers for furnace, heat pump/air handler, two outdoor units) was covered and registered EXCEPT, they had "no record" of the serial number for the coil. They all start with similar #s (0905, 1001) yet that one serial number for the coil isn't among what they have. I'm beyond angry, especially after reading that that's the part that may have been defective upon install!! *sigh* They said the only recourse I had was to present them with a RECEIPT from 2009 showing that coil on there! After confirming the furnace was covered online, I didn't even consider keeping the receipt. Lesson learned there, I suppose. I will be calling them back today and try and dig a bit deeper. This is ridiculous.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Replaced old unit in 2008 with Amana 5 ton. So far replaced coil in upper unit (Which was supposed to be recalled 2 years after unit was installed. No contract by manufacturer). Replaced fan in upper unit twice, which is down again and replaced compressor three times in a row in order to get a good one along with valve motherboard and comfort control. All at my cost because company that installed unit went under and no contacts was made to me to let us know this unit isn't even 10 years old. Totally never buying a unit from Amana or Goodman again!

Original review: May 15, 2017

Our Amana heat pump started breaking down after 5 years. First it was a leak, then coil, condenser then the other coil and another 5-6 leaks repaired. All of these on separate occasions & all in an 8 month period. Customer service wasn't any help either! I will never purchase Goodman Mfg. brand in the future!

Original review: May 9, 2017

I purchased a Goodman heat pump GPH1360H41BC (sn: 1208655671) in 2012 from a local dealer by my AC tech. It worked ok at first except for low freon. This year I began having problems. First a capacitor, then the fan motor. A month later I was told the coil had a leak and tech replaced 5 lbs freon at $30/lb plus labor. I was quoted 11 lbs of freon at $30/lb plus 3 hrs labor for a total of about $900 for a new coil. Coil was under warranty but labor and freon isn't. Those are the biggest cost on the problem. Why should we have to pay for freon that escaped as a result of a faulty coil?

A week later the new coil arrived and will be installed tomorrow. Now I find out there are many problems with Goodman products. I am a widow on social security and cannot afford costly repair bills. My tech tells me they do not install these anymore. I'm also afraid that my son who purchased one a year or so ago will also start having problems. Made in China products are no good. Please stop selling these.

Goodman Manufacturing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

• Best for: owners of medium to large sized homes who want either a central or ductless split air conditioning system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs