1.35/5
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Goodman Manufacturing

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

223 Goodman Manufacturing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
anthony of Jensen Beach, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

After only 2 years, the 3 ton a/c and heating unit needed service and Freon added. Now, after only 10 months, the unit once again is not cooling. The initial diagnosis was that it needed more freon, not it needs a new condenser. I will never, ever buy another Goodman and if you are smart, neither should you. A $4000 unit should at least give you carefree service for 5 years more. I am going to contact Goodman and see what they have to offer.

Jackie of Chattanooga, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I purchased a Goodman ductless mini split heat pump. It was installed by a professional installer. The compressor stopped working after about 5 years and 2 months. Assuming the unit had a 10 year warranty, I contacted the company. Upon doing so, the customer seemed to enjoy telling me that the unit only had a 5 year warranty. I then attempted to contact a company to repair the unit, and found it difficult to find a company that worked on the Goodman brand. I was advised that Goodman was not a good unit and it would be less expensive to replace it with a Mitsubishi unit, which I intend to do. I will never do business with Goodman again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Gail of Treasure Island, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I bought two Goodman sir conditioner units in 2011 and 2014 for two separate townhouses. After only three years on each unit - coils needed to be replaced. Cost $700 each time. Wrote to Goodman and they would not reimburse. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GOODMAN!

Billy of Teachey, NC Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I got my 3 ton 14 seer heat pump unit 2010. Had to have leak repair in 2012 and refill gas. Have had to add gas every year since. I was told by two technicians I had a leak in my coil. They have been unable to find a coil. Now my compressor is shot. They can find a compressor but not coil. I still have two years left on warranty but can't get coil.

Steven of Laceys Spring, AL Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

When this unit Goodman heat pump model GPH144841AC was about one year old it developed a major leak causing all the refrigerant to escape. It cost $500 to have someone repair the faulty factory solder joint and recharge it. Since I installed the unit myself Goodman will not honor any warranty. It is a self contained unit that I did not even open up so there was no way I could have damaged the inside of the unit. About two years later the main power relay failed and I had to replace it.

This past Spring, 2017, I found it low on refrigerant and I added about 3 pounds and it worked correctly up until a few days ago even cycling off during some 28 degree weather (so it had refrigerant then). Yesterday I noticed it was running on emergency heat and checked it this morning. Not a pound of pressure. Apparently the small leak became a big leak. Again since it is a self contained unit it must be a factory fault. I'm hoping it is something that can be easily fixed, but I'm going to start saving for a replacement and it sure will not be a Goodman unit. They are junk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Alice of Round Rock, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I had a gas leak the first season (2011). I went without heat for one month as the Gas Company kept turning off my Goodman unit. Dayton Services tech came out 4 times but could find nothing. A neighbor found the leak and they came out and fixed it as I had taken a picture of the leak. Next season the Amana a/c went out and Freon put in. Skipped a season and next year the a/c went out again and capacitor and freon added. Skipped a season and same thing again--Freon and capacitor. I am 83 and didn't want to go through the heat and bought a window unit in anticipation of next breakdown in summer 2018. I called and wrote Goodman (in Houston) along with pages of documentation. No response. Mainly sarcasm. No response from Dayton. Paid $5,000 for the unit. I'm supposed to have 10-year warranty and service!

Brett of North Haven, CT Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I bought a new Goodman AC unit 8½ years ago. I was smart to buy the 10-year labor & parts extended warranty at that time for just $198, as the coil failed this past summer, and my contractor indicated it would have cost me $3500 to fix. While I was thankful I had this extended warranty, and that Goodman honored this warranty, the coil should NOT have failed after just 8½ years. Would I buy again or recommend a Goodman? Not a chance.

Drew of Charleston, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

First off I want to say that customer service is not up to par, they are rude and treat people as if they don’t care what you have to say. I was talked down to as if I’m ignorant when trying to explain that a defect in the quality and build of the unit isn’t good and that a unit less than 2 years old should not be having $700 plus work done on it due to a manufacturing issue and missed quality checks. This company is horrible and do not care how they treat customers not the quality of their product. Therefore this will be the last product I own and I would stray far away from this brand and company.

Jonathan of Marseilles, IL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Poor equipment (Furnace and ac unit). Not dependable. Now owned by CHINA! I am a contractor and will not be selling their equipment anymore. Too many problems with new equipment and company does not stand behind their product! Buy AMERICAN OWNED AND MADE!

kevin of Tempe, AZ Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

So my house had a 12 SEER TRANE on it for 18 years and still going strong. I decide to get a 5 ton 16 SEER to save energy. What a mistake. Goodman 16 SEER installed November 2010, 3 years later lower TXV goes out, and I was informed that installer did not file warranty papers so no warranty. $800 repair then 6 months later upper TXV goes out another $800. Now 7 years later compressor goes out. $2000. Had I bought an American Standard or Trane I know I would not have this problem. Learn from what you read here. DO NOT BUY GOODMAN.

Marc of Virginia Beach, VA Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Some gangster AC guy installed a Goodman ac unit outside my house 2 years ago. Already then he did not seem to know what he was doing because the coils were freezing up inside the house shortly after installation and he had to come back 3 times. He charged us $3000. We are not experts and noticed the unit he installed has the worst energy efficiency by far. Now two years later, it is not working and Freon is leaking out of the coils. I called him and he argued with me that "he has been in business for 30 years and I don't know about technical details". Needless to say, he is trying to get rid of me and my complaints because he spent the $3000 a long time ago. Another ac guy told me I need a totally new unit outside AND inside because the two are not compatible. Great! Everyone is just trying to fill their bank accounts. He told me it would cost me $900 if I wanted him to recharge the Freon. Please help. I am freezing!!!

Martin of Boynton Beach, FL Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought a new Goodman ac unit. From day one I knew there was a problem. It would never go below 76 d F. I called Goodman who sent out a tech. He found nothing wrong. I then hired a ac company to inspect the unit. They found it had leaked ref. GOODMAN said they would replace the coil but I will have to pay for the labor at a cost of $1100. After paying $3400 for the new ac this is a rip off. I AM BEGGING YOU DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN. THEY ARE PURE JUNK.

Scott of Melbourne, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have 2 Goodman AC units for my house and both were installed 5 years ago when the house was new. 2 weeks ago my unit stopped cooling and I had a tech come to check it out. Found a Freon leak in the evaporator coil. He said those coils are on backorder and we could try to service it but it may rapidly leak down again. I decided to try that since the coil is on backorder which cost me 580 bucks.

One week later the unit stops cooling because all the Freon leaked out again. I called a different AC company to send out a tech to verify where the leak is coming from and he confirmed the evaporator coil is the problem. I still have warranty but it is going to be 4 to 6 weeks to get the coil from Goodman. Yep, 4 to six weeks of no AC on my 2nd level because the part is back ordered. Are so many of these coils failing that they can't manufacture repair parts fast enough to keep up with the demand? It would seem so.

Now keep in mind that when the new coil comes in FOUR TO SIX WEEKS that I will have to pay to charge it with Freon at a cost of about 500 dollars. The unit is covered under warranty against manufacturing defects... the Freon leaked out because of a manufacturing defect so a reasonable person would think the Freon would be covered under the warranty repair. Nope. Since new I have had to replace 2 capacitors, a contractor relay, and a blower motor so this coil issue is not the first troubles I have had. As I am sitting in Florida with a broken AC and 4 to 6 weeks on getting it fixed, I can say with certainty that I will not ever buy a Goodman product again.

Kay of Townsend, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

3-ton package unit, 16 SEER - Shortly after the unit was installed, we noticed water draining on our wooden deck. The unit was not placed on our deck, but it butted up against it. This was in June that it was installed. It is Nov. 9, 2017, and it is still drenching our wooden deck when the air conditioning is on. The company has tried everything they know to do, and they have spent hours and hours and hours here with many calls, 12 different techs.

The guy yesterday and another tech said the unit is a poor design. The insulation was removed and was dripping water like a pitcher of water pouring out. We have condensation on top of the unit and rusting in one corner. We have not paid any money for all the hours and things they have tried. Next they are going to lift the unit and put in a drain pan. My husband is concerned that the water is still going to be a problem, and with winter coming, we will not be using the AC until spring to see if it is fixed. Goodman has been no help. NEVER gonna buy a Goodman product ever again!

Douglas of West Harrison, IN Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I purchased a 16 seer Variable speed 2 stage 3 ton heat pump with a AVPTC air handler. The unit was purchased and installed on 1/13/2012. Almost immediately the problems started. Goodman replaced the variable speed motor in the air handler along with the circuit board. I then started having problems with the heat pump in the winter months kicking out on the high head pressure limit.

After many calls to Goodman, they sent a factory Rep from Iowa along with a rep. from Lute Supply where the unit was purchased. The rep found a short in the high pressure limit, a Hard start was added to the heat pump and the unit worked fine for about 6 months. At this point I have $750.00 invested in service calls. The unit failed again in August 2016. Service was called again and the run capacitor was replaced. Service call $313.00. The unit ran fine until 10/25/17 when the heat pump stopped. Service was again called and I was told the unit is leaking and coil needs replaced. I have 13 service calls on this unit at a cost of $1800.00. The unit is coming out, I would never recommend Goodman products.

Lawrence & Nancy of Punta Gorda, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Would give 0 stars if it was an option. Unit was one year and one day old when 3 parts needed replaced. Goodman only covered one part. We have regular 6 month maintenance on the unit. Bottom line, it cost us $327.00 to get a brand new unit fixed. We asked in good faith that Goodman would work with us on this but rec'd a letter stating they were unable to meet our request. We were referred to Homeowner Support, which we reached out to twice and never rec'd a response. Not a company that I would recommend to anyone or their products.

Vital of Coconut Creek, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I installed a new A/C at my house. It works great, great warranty. It's a proper installation guys. My contractor did a great job. But very happy to know Goodman is now made in USA. Huge facility in Houston TX.

RICK of Studio City, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Buyer beware! These companies do not offer technical assistance for consumers, only for contractors. This is very disappointing to me having recently purchased costly high-end equipment made by Daikin Industries, which is the parent company of Goodman Manufacturing.

Chuck of Prosper, TX Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Just purchased a new Goodman 5-ton 16 SEER Air Conditioner September 2017. So far I'm happy with the unit except for the annoying loud "Tinny rattling & grunting" noise coming from the compressor. Had my AC contractor come back within the first week. He stated this is normal and the noise is coming from the refrigerant line coupling/caps. He put some electrical tape on the caps and that reduced the noise level a few degrees.

Well, his great "Bubba" fix lasted about 3 days then the louder noise came back again. I called the Contractor back out and said, "I just paid your company good money for this new Goodman and the noise level is not acceptable." He proceeded to fiddle around with it and couldn't seem to find where the "tinny" rattling sound was coming from. I suggested he might try the cheap sheet metal panels where the refrigerant lines are and put a sound dampener on them.

He didn't have anything in his truck so loaned him a small roll of felt insulation. He cut a few pieces and inserted them where the panels overlap and surprise, surprise, the Tinny rattling noise disappeared. The fan is quiet but the compressor motor still has a grunting noise which it did not have the day of installation. The contractor said this is normal too. I'm going to check around my neighborhood to see if there are any other Goodmans to see if they have a similar noise.

Kevin of Varina, VA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I am joining a long list of dissatisfied Goodman a/c unit customers. My wife and I purchased our home in 2012 with Goodman units installed. Almost immediately after moving into my new home one of the units experienced problems cooling one of the floors of my home. It took 5 service repair visits to uncover a defect in the unit which ultimately was repaired. Fast forward 5 years, around the time the warranty ended and we began experiencing problems with one of the other units. We were advised that the "coil" inside the unit had gone bad and had to be replaced. I contacted Goodman and they advised that even though it had only been a few months since my 5 year warranty expired, they would not replace the coil. Too bad, tough luck. I would implore anyone reading this to not purchase Goodman products or have them installed in newly constructed home.

Nancy of Apopka, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Bought new A/C unit in 2016, as of date I have spent more money repairing the unit than I did purchasing it. I Have replace the Freon 3 times, condenser coil, motor and now my evaporator coil needs replacing and more Freon again. I'm suppose to buy a labor contract to fix a BRAND NEW UNIT!!! REALLY???

Justin of Lubbock, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

The house I moved into had a Goodman AC installed. Fast forward to when I move in and the compressor blows. I called Goodman to ask about warranty information since the unit did not look very old. I was told that my unit was out of the warranty period and I would not get any help from Goodman unless I was able to locate information on when the unit was installed. After significant research from the previous owners and the owners before them, I was unable to locate any documentation.

I was forced to pay over $4,000 to replace my AC. I then went onto Goodman's website and left a negative review of the company. They deleted my review and someone from customer service got in touch with me. I told him all the facts of what happened and he told me "there is nothing we can do for you." He had a poor attitude and refused to offer any kind of assistance. In a nutshell he was telling me "To bad." I asked for his phone number and provided mine but he refused to call or give me his number. I eventually called the general customer service number, where I was also told by a seemingly incompetent employee that "there is nothing we can do for you."

So after being told incorrect information by a Goodman employee, 2 more employees refused to lift a finger to attempt to remedy my situation. They were completely indifferent to my situation and offered absolutely no assistance. I am now $4,000 poorer, but I will make every attempt to tell whoever will listen how awful Goodman products are and how incompetent and apathetic Goodman customer service employees are. I am extremely disappointed in Goodman's lack of customer service. I don't understand how a company who produces inferior products and then refuses to assist customers can stay in business. To anyone who might be interested, I have copies of the emails I sent and received with Goodman customer service.

Kathy of Grand Rapids, MI Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Had this unit installed in August of 2012. Immediate problems the following day with a "broken wire" that made a horrendous noise. In May 2017, it stops working. Repairman says it needs freon. July stops working again. Repairman says there must be a leak and it's impossible to find them so he replaced the coil. Today, September 2, stops working again. Will be getting a new AC unit but you can bet it will NOT be a piece of junk Amana/mfg. by Goodman. Myself, I believe a AC unit should last more than five years, esp. when it doesn't run year round.

Bryan of Downingtown, PA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We purchased (2) 25 Ton Daikin HVAC Units. Goodman Distributors in Philadelphia sold them to our contractor / we bought them from the contractor. Both units arrived on July 11, 2017. 1 of the units worked for a few days. It is now over 40 days and still no sign of getting replacement parts for the unit. The management at Goodman Distributors is absolutely horrible. I cannot express how angry I am at the lack of customer service & no care or desire to fix the unit.

Goodman is a company owned by Daikin (manufacturer). They actually told me it's the contractor's problem - not theirs. Daikin built the unit / Goodman sold the unit - they then wash their hands off it - let me be clear - it work for only a few DAYS! $15,000 for 1 unit. I was instructed to call Customer Care - again - said "too bad nothing they can do - call the contractor." This company and the mother company are Dirty People. I made the mistake of agreeing to purchase Daikin units. Be careful if you decide to go with a Goodman Brand - they do not stand behind their equipment. In the event of a bad part (this happens) they will make your life miserable. What they should do is say "we are sorry - we will get this resolved immediately." 40+ days and counting - you be the judge!

Michael of Delray Beach, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I bought my house in 2014 in South Florida. The house was brand new construction and very well built. It has all impact windows and doors, along with plenty of insulation. The biggest mistake however was that the builder installed a "GOODMAN" manufacturing HVAC system. The system is sized well within Florida code and worked fine the first year. However, the second year things quickly went downhill during the summer of 2016 when the condenser motor went out in the unit - only to be followed by the coils leaking 4 months later. As of this summer 2017 the unit has gone out again and was completely out for 2 WEEKS!!! I set the unit to 74 and it runs all day even though the house is 85 degrees inside.

I have had 4 different HVAC companies come out and try to diagnose my problem. I have had 7 techs from 4 different companies completely disassemble my unit trying to find the problem. They have checked all the ducting and checked my home's structure for leaks, to no avail. All 4 companies have told me that they believe that the unit is defective and ALL has NOTHING positive to say about the company and all these companies refuse to even do business with GOODMAN (for obvious reasons). That Goodman is one of the cheapest units you can buy and has the most problems! They all recommended that I "Bite the Bullet" and replace the 3 year old unit, after I have dumped $1400 into it.

When I contacted Goodman Manufacturing, an "American made Company out of TEXAS." I was told by a supervisor after explaining my situation, that there was nothing they could do to help me out, despite there being a 10 year warranty on the unit. The incompetent employee I spoke to from GOODMAN told me that my unit was fine and didn't see a reason for them to have to replace it. For a company's motto to be, "At Goodman we believe in American Dependability. Units are designed, engineered and assembled in the U.S.A." to tell a customer that there's nothing you can do is appalling. Goodman Units are nothing more than the lowest quality TRASH - Made from defective parts in China and Mexico, shipped to the U.S and then assembled by migrate workers. Their whole American Made motto is **.

Goodman Manufacturing and its management are no better than "All Talk No Action Politicians!" I hope Trump builds that WALL and taxes your defective parts coming into the U.S so much you go bankrupt!!! It is safe to say that I have thrown out my garbage known as Goodman and Switched to a much more dependable A/C unit.

As for anyone thinking about buying a Goodman A/C unit don't!!! For anyone thinking about replacing their existing unit or buying a house with a Goodman A/C be warned!!! It will cause you so much money, stress and headache when it goes out within 3 years. You will be HIT IN THE FACE with thousands of dollars in repair bills, only to dish out another several thousand dollars to replace it with another unit. I am so entirely dissatisfied with Goodman, their "product" as well as their employees. I won't even sell my old unit to anyone because I don't want them going through what I had to, down here during a HOT South Florida Summer. P.S.A.!!! To anyone purchasing a new HVAC unit. Spend the extra money upfront and buy something that will last you at least 10 years. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM GOODMAN MANUFACTURING OR YOU WILL EAT THESE WORDS, THAT I CAN PROMISE YOU!

Ryan of Hanover, MD Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 26, 2017

Lennox is leading the industry but Goodman is just as good, but is a simpler machine. The problem is Goodman used to have less restrictions on who they deal to. Because of this, non-professionals have bought Goodman and installed them incorrectly. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO HOW IT'S INSTALLED!!! Pay the extra $$$ to go with a reputable company!!!

John of Mesa, AZ Verified Reviewer
Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2017

After I completed an earlier review, a "Goodman" supervisor contacted me by phone. We spoke, and after explaining the issue and my thoughts, the supervisor said she would get back me on extending the warranty on my new unit. A couple of hours later I received an email from the supervisor, with an attached copy of the corrected and updated warranty coverage. Fantastic customer response after what I believe was a fair complaint issue.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I moved into my new home in May 2017, and believed I had 90 days to register my new Heat-pump/AC unit for an extended free warranty. While looking for the paperwork, I had learned the time was 60 days, not 90. During a very complicated move, the registration paperwork for all warrantied items in the home was lost/misplaced. On finding the warranty/registration, I attempted to call "Goodman" (I hope the name "Goodman" does not imply anything positive) about 5 times, and on each occasion I was met with a voice message the business is "Closed for the 4th of July", and would be open the 5th.

This was the point at which time I saw I had 60 days, not 90 days to register. On the "Goodman" warranty letter, there is nothing stating hours, and or time zone of the customer service office. I learned they are in Texas, which is a different time zone from Arizona. On writing to Goodman to activate the extended warranty I included a written reason for the late registration.

On the weekend of 072117 I received a response from "Goodman", I believe automated, telling me the item was registered, but the extended warranty was not active. I next called "Goodman." I then had 2 phone conversations with employees of "Goodman" to address the issue, to include an explanation for my delay, and I asked they waive the 2 or 3 day late application.

One of the high quality employees from "Goodman", in telling why she would not address the issue said, "You had ample time." I remained polite and asked to speak to a supervisor. The 2nd employee/supervisor, "Laquicia" was the same in her tone, and was also unwilling to listen to my request to waive my late registration. I explained the reasoning again, and suggested possible examples to her of lost papers due to fire, and or significant issue such as death, as to why it could be possible to validate my extended warranty. But in her flippant response she said, "I have dealt with them all, and there are no exceptions."

I had noted to the employee "This is a new home, and the unit is new." I explained to her there are viable exceptions to rules, and also that it might just be good business to waive the rule. But she was not willing to address the notion of waiving the 2 or 3 day tardiness of my app. I also explained again I had tried to call the number listed on the warranty and website, but all I got was a recording from their system telling me they were closed "July 4th". Neither employee appeared to understand their system was not updated, and it did not provided me an alternative to address my issue to a live person.

Seeing I was getting little flexibility from the "Supervisor", I asked to speak with her Supervisor. Before she transferred me to her supervisor "Christine's", I was told, "She's not going to be able to help you either." So of course, Christine let her phone go to message, so I left my details for a callback. Nice tone, and not threatening.

I don't need repairs, it’s a brand new unit on a brand new house. My developer "Meritage Homes" and unit installer, "Chas **" will be contacted, and they will be advised of the inflexible and very poor service from Goodman. I will also suggest an A/C supplier change, and/or address the business skills of Goodman call takers, and their ability to address common sense and reasonable requests in a professional manner. I can handle "No", but try a little Honey in your sales pitch.

My point here is this; I know the company has rules, and if the house was an old home with an old unit, I could see their trepidation, but as I was only 2 or 3 days outside of the extended warranty with a brand new unit, I would think from a customer service/business issue, they would be understanding and cover my unit. I have run into many stories over the years where good companies waive a simple issue such as this, and the "Goodwill" and "Good word" that come from the experience of the customer, goes a long way toward a good business reputation.

Greg of Trinity, AL Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 19, 2017

We purchased a Goodman Central Unit in 2012 - The unit has been nothing but trouble, it has become a money pit, last year we survived the summer with small window units, because the coolant would leak out after about 2 weeks. In my opinion this has got to be the worst central unit ever sold!

tom of Knoxville, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 9, 2017

I had an Amana 2 ton hvac gas pack for 18 years, never had a problem, never cleaned, never serviced. The unit had to be replaced in 2006 and was a problem from day one! The unit would not cool like the old one, the unit was supposed the same as I had before. I spent $3,900.00 in repairs with everything in the unit being replaced, including the compressor. Goodman did not offer any help! They even called one service technician and said I wasn't happy with him, when the fact of the matter was he could not figure out what was wrong!

The unit would run continually all day long with the thermostat on 73 and the outside temp was 83 degrees! I have finally found that the original compressor was a 19000 BTU's and the sensible BTU's rating was rated at 18000, which several HVAC techs said that was a 1/2 ton difference and would not work! I just recently replaced with a Coleman and will not buy Goodman ever again!!! The last tech found the blower wheel was wobbly because of insulation, but said even replacing it would not solve the issue!

Janice of Monroe, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 5, 2017

I built a new house in 2012-2013. 3 separate Daikin commercial grade split units were installed. The house was completed in August of 2013 when I moved in. I noticed, in February of 2014 the unit wasn't heating the rooms on 1 of the unit's zones. I called the installer and spent over $900 to fix it, the company refilled the freon which was empty and left. 6 months later in August, unit's not working again. Long story short second repair company after two three to four visits finally identify the problem with a Daikin tech rep to be the condenser coil in the outdoor unit and evaporator coil in one of the handling units.

I've spent now $2500 to identify the problem. Daikin will not cover parts citing 1 year warranty on all but compressor for a unit that didn't even have normal residential wear and tear. Parts are $1500. I am completely dissatisfied with the lack of quality and desire to stand behind the product they manufacture here in the States for Daikin. I will never recommend or purchase another product from this company.

Goodman Manufacturing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

• Best for: owners of medium to large sized homes who want either a central or ductless split air conditioning system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.goodmanmfg.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use