2. Homeowners
  3. Air Conditioners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.29/5

Need help with your air conditioning?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Need help with your air conditioning?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: June 14, 2020

We've been pleased with our Goodman heat and air units, at 16 years old both air and heat run efficiently. We have maintained them by having a professional come in, replace any parts needed, tweak the units. We keep the filters changed about 4 times a year. Before we turn on the A/C we clean the outside unit of any debris, our HVAC tech also cleans it. Overall we are pleased.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Please don't think that because I only gave 4 stars for this company that they aren't worth looking into. Purchasing this unit was in my opinion a really great buy. The price was 30-60% less than the "Brand Names" - My unit cost ~$3,200 (a 5 Ton heat pump package unit with additional electric heat & new programmable thermostat) plus an additional $500 for final install - to get warranty activated. It's been working around 11 months and we've had No problems whatsoever. I would recommend this Brand!

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Two years ago, I purchased a new Goodman HVAC system for my 1450 sq ft condo. Installation was neat and clean, and complete within five days. First summer I didn’t suffer from the heat and humidity. Never did I have to touch controls, just set the thermostat at my desired temperature and it would turn on and off without my help. Same in winter. I purchased the service maintenance plan, so every change of season company comes and checks out equipment, changes filter and makes sure I’m ready to go. I know Trane is the best, but also cost the most. I’m happy and price was right.

Original review: June 10, 2020

So far my Goodman unit has worked great. I had to get a capacitor changed out but other than that it's been great. I've had my unit for 2 years now. I like the compressor has a lifetime warranty as it's the most expensive part. All other parts have a 15 year warranty on it.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Reasonable price for a good quality and energy efficient unit that works great! I was leery when the a/c people recommended Goodman as I was not familiar with the brand. However I decided to give it a try as they highly recommended it and being they live on the same street as I do I figured they would probably steer me in the right direction. Am glad I went with it. The unit is quiet and a strong workhorse that cools and heats the house in minutes. Our electric bill went down and we are very pleased with the results. Good warranty on the compressor for 10 years.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

My first unit failed completely, had a Goodman rep come out to aid in the replacement, leaks everywhere, from the install and from factory connections. Today because one copper pipe was bent around the other 600 dollars in freon alone. DO NOT BUY GOODMAN PRODUCTS OR FROM MPE SERVICES IN NORTH ALABAMA.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

After 5 years we change two condenser unit and two coil. After 1 year we change condenser unit and coil again. Compressor go bet and coil leaks again. If You want save many never use Goodman products!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Updated on 10/17/2020: Since 7/26/2020 this A/C has been broke 10 times, installed 2/15/2020, Goodman will not even address issues. This is the worst unit or should I say the worst item I have ever purchased, and on top of that the worst customer service. They hope you will just go away. These units are very poorly built. Goodman has beaten me down with their poor service, their poorly designed A/C. I am going to look for a Trane or carrier on Monday. This has been too much.

Updated on 10/03/2020: This is in addition to my last review, I called Goodman and their customer affairs department told me how they have distribution representatives that help techs. with problems. My ASK Professional tech. was out here yesterday and said he spoke to representative and was going to come by house, he never showed up, next day A/C not working again. I have emailed Goodman direct again, 6 times down in 8 months is unacceptable for a new A/C.

Original Review: A/C very undependable, broke 5 times in first year, called corporate and was no help, purchased from ASK Professionals 2/15/2020, Goodman GSZC16061, $7290.00, I bought due to living in Florida and I did not want problems during summer, Trane A/C was 17 years old still working fine but thought it would be wise to replace. ASK Professionals come out each time, get it working but then it stops cooling, dates of service 7/26/2020, 8/8/2020, 9/1/2020, 9/26/2020, 10/01/2020, all those dates A/C does not cool, coming again tomorrow to repair, 8 months old, do you want this kind of headache?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Our 15 year old TRANE air conditioner was ready to be replaced. I called around and read reviews and we chose NorthCentralFloridaAirConditioning. We paid about $7400.00 which I had to put on my credit card. They installed it in September 2019. To date we have had them come out to TRY and fix it at least ELEVEN times and it’s not a year old. Being elderly and in the middle of a pandemic doesn’t make it easier either. It would just stop working. After working in the yard and the heat index in the 100s is not fun coming in the house with an air conditioner not working at all.

Ray- the boss and owner-and those that came out were nice and they did try to fix it. It’s not the company but the product. I hope we never ever have to buy a FRANKLIN AC ever again. We had a TRANE for 15 years and never had a problem with It until about a year before we got the FRANKLIN. Sales person assured me that FRANKLIN is better than a TRANE. We did let the manufacturer know about this and they noted this and gave us a case number. They put in a hard start kit which seems to be working for now. Manufacturer said not all units need that. Uh, why didn’t they just include this from the beginning!! This has been a true nightmare. Dena **

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I am a new homeowner who had a nice HVAC guy install a brand-new Goodman system in my home (I chose Goodman). The red plastic logo on the outside unit broke off within two months so I simply contacted Goodman to ask for a replacement (it serves their needs well to have free advertising like that) and they flat-out refused after initially telling me it was being sent. What a horrible company. I shudder to think what will happen if/when the unit itself goes out. Already regretting this purchase. Should have gone with another more reputable manufacturer. BTW, this sign is being removed entirely. Nobody needs to know I have a Goodman which is a piece of garbage based on how their corporate headquarters treated me for simply asking for a replacement logo/sign.

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team