Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2020

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Purchased a Daikin Minisplit A/C unit from a contractor who installed and serviced unit May of 2019. From the beginning we had issues with it losing gas for it to operate (slow leak in head unit) in which took about 2 months to leak out and cause the unit to quit functioning. Service Tech came out on 3 different occasions and serviced and leaked checked the system. (Unit is for a garage so doesn't receive a lot of use.) After locating the leak he tried to contact Goodman industries for a warranty claim and they refused to honor it. I called and they told me to go to the Better Business Bureau. I even emailed the Daikin Company and never received a response. I am very disgusted and now have to pursue other avenues such as the BBB and Attorney General's office to see if I can get some results. Be cautious and read the reviews about Goodman before you purchase.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Over the past 6 years I purchased 4 gas packs which were installed by different HVAC installers at different homes. The motor has burned up on all 4 units. Two of them burned up after 2 years, one of them lasted 3 yrs and the last one just burned up after 5.5 years. Do not buy their products. Product GPG1324070M41

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I purchased a Goodman Air Conditioner unit in April of 2017 and recently in January 2020 the blower unit failed. I experienced a blower motor failure once before from a different company but I got 40 years of service from it. I thought no problem, it is covered by warranty and shouldn't cost much to fix. I expected to pay about 100 dollars in labor costs since it isn't a difficult job to replace the blower. Anyway the serviceman came and changed out the blower in about a half an hour. I figured he spent another half hour picking up the part from the warehouse and I received a bill for 300 dollars for labor. I hope no other parts go bad but I bet they will from reading other reviews. My advise avoid Goodman products, they are junk and even though they are covered by warranty you will pay an excessive price for labor charges.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Goodman refused to honor their extended warranty on my furnace on a known defect, stating that the Service Provider must be approved by the Goodman Extended Service Department; and not every "authorized" Goodman Dealer carries this authorization status. Like other reviews regarding Goodman on this website, the Consumer must make informed decisions not just based on the words in the Goodman contracts, but based on other Consumers' experience as well. The devil is in the details when dealing with Goodman. Not a great way to build Consumer trust, but this is Goodman's prerogative to govern their business as they choose and to the sole benefit of Goodman; not the Consumer. BUYER BE VERY AWARE.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I was living in N.C. The house had a Goodman heat & air, after one year the circuit board failed. I am purchasing a home in Florida, the one I like has a Goodman A/C. I decided to look at Goodman reviews before buying, unbelievable. First company I read all reviews and are one star out of 42. Thanks to reviews I will negotiate with homeowner to install a new Trane. Will print all reviews and present to homeowner. Thank you all for your comments. I wish Goodman would honor their warranty and take care of all consumers. As an Architect I will recommend to use the A/C company I work with, they will not touch a Goodman.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We got what we were told was a top of the line Goodman HVAC natural gas unit. It was installed this September (2019). All was well until it got cold and we turned on the heat. Gas smells arose from the floor heating vents. It doesn't happen all the time but there are great bursts of gas intermittently. And -- get this-- our carbon monoxide detector started beeping. We were so naive that we thought the detector was broken and replaced it. Then the new one started going off! We called the installer. They came out and could detect no leak from the outside unit. It was discovered that there was a gap where the unit had slipped off the base. They fixed that. We were hoping that meant the problem was solved. Nope. The gas smell in the vent is even stronger. I'm told that means the heat convector is cracked or broken or defective. This is a brand new unit. What the hell?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Nov 21, 2019 Warranty with lots of loopholes. I have bought a few Goodman furnaces in the last few years. I flip houses for a living and have rentals. I used to think they were a good value. Just had some warranty issues with 2 units.! Four years old bad induced draft motor. And plugged heat exchanger. The second one 5 years old bad blower motor. I called Goodman about both units and they would not honor either warranty. If you do buy one make sure it is registered and the date it was made not just installed. And when I took another look at the warranty it is not covered if bought on the internet. I currently am talking to a few attorneys about their warranty practice and what can be done. I will never buy a Goodman or Dykin Ever again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Five years ago renovated house with three top of line Amana ac units for $25,000. Installer told me I would have a 10 year parts warranty. Shortly after installation, installer went bankrupt and I had to switch to another contractor to finish the job. New contractor found that original installer did not register the units and registered them with Goodman. Just had motor fail right after 5 year anniversary. Assumed it was covered for another 5 years. Goodman said no, because original installer "had not registered within 60 days of their purchase" warranty dropped to five years and my $25,000 system cost me another $800 to repair out of warranty. Appealed it to Goodman Headquarters Customer Service and their attitude was tough luck but not our problem. "We have rules and that's the rule!" Will never buy Amana/Goodman again!!!! That's my new rule. Beware before you select them!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We purchased a Goodman in 2018 because we wanted to support a Houston Company. Summer of 2019 the motor went out. We had to pay the labor cost to fix it. Now the coil has gone out and it’s another $800. The response we received from the Houston rep was “things happen”. We are going to replace the Goodman with a better quality. We feel the Goodman is a piece of junk and don’t want to continue rebuilding it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I was sold this Goodman Air Conditioner by Four Seasons heating & Air in Port Charlotte, FL. I have only had two years of use and after it wasn't blowing cold air I called 4 Seasons and in five minutes of inspection was told the compressor had blown out. They told me that despite the poor service of this unit, only parts were covered and they would charge $800 for the labor to reinstall these defective parts. I am 80 years old, live in Florida and will have had no air conditioning in 90% heat for at least three days. This product was defective. I have been a homeowner for 50 years and have never had less than five years wear from any air conditioner. Goodman needs to be investigated.

Goodman Manufacturing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

• Best for: owners of medium to large sized homes who want either a central or ductless split air conditioning system.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team