2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2020

Seriously it says in their warranty manual if you purchased this unit off the internet no warranty. WTF. My father put in AC units for 40 years. We bought this crappy Goodman for my Mobile home I live in... (Thank you ex wife for all you have done to me). The compressor is super noisy. I can't even buy parts for this. WTF. I put it in 3/27/2020. This technically is theft by deception.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I purchased a Goodman A/C unit 07/10/2017. Everything was going well. 05/15/2019 the fan that runs to keep the compressor cool went out, warranty covers the fan but not the labor. $200.00 for that. 05/17/202 A/C is not cooling our house, had a service company come out and was advised that the coil was leaking Freon. Parts covered but labor not. $1800 later. Call Corp. they say, "Sorry but it's on you for all labor." Poor quality, do not buy a Goodman A/C unit. If you do expect poor Quality.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

My home has a split system, units upper and lower. In the last three years the inductor fan has been replaced 5 times. The technician has told me the internet is flooded with complaints about this part. Why isn't it being upgraded or replaced - made in Italy. I pay a $75 dollar service charge each time.

Original review: March 31, 2020

One week after warranty ran out, I had to call a repairman. This gas gone on for 4 years. Last time in the summer of 2018, I had to have all the old type of freon removed, new type put in. The repairman spent 3 days trying to find out where the freon was escaping. This bill was $700.00. In total, I've spent more on repairs than I did the unit. Now, to the present, turned air on, no cool air, freon gone again. I would never buy another Goodman, or recommend one. Some may be able to purchase new units or pay repairmen, but I can't. I'm totally disgusted with Goodman.

Original review: March 27, 2020

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Purchased a Daikin Minisplit A/C unit from a contractor who installed and serviced unit May of 2019. From the beginning we had issues with it losing gas for it to operate (slow leak in head unit) in which took about 2 months to leak out and cause the unit to quit functioning. Service Tech came out on 3 different occasions and serviced and leaked checked the system. (Unit is for a garage so doesn't receive a lot of use.) After locating the leak he tried to contact Goodman industries for a warranty claim and they refused to honor it. I called and they told me to go to the Better Business Bureau. I even emailed the Daikin Company and never received a response. I am very disgusted and now have to pursue other avenues such as the BBB and Attorney General's office to see if I can get some results. Be cautious and read the reviews about Goodman before you purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Over the past 6 years I purchased 4 gas packs which were installed by different HVAC installers at different homes. The motor has burned up on all 4 units. Two of them burned up after 2 years, one of them lasted 3 yrs and the last one just burned up after 5.5 years. Do not buy their products. Product GPG1324070M41

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I purchased a Goodman Air Conditioner unit in April of 2017 and recently in January 2020 the blower unit failed. I experienced a blower motor failure once before from a different company but I got 40 years of service from it. I thought no problem, it is covered by warranty and shouldn't cost much to fix. I expected to pay about 100 dollars in labor costs since it isn't a difficult job to replace the blower. Anyway the serviceman came and changed out the blower in about a half an hour. I figured he spent another half hour picking up the part from the warehouse and I received a bill for 300 dollars for labor. I hope no other parts go bad but I bet they will from reading other reviews. My advise avoid Goodman products, they are junk and even though they are covered by warranty you will pay an excessive price for labor charges.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Goodman refused to honor their extended warranty on my furnace on a known defect, stating that the Service Provider must be approved by the Goodman Extended Service Department; and not every "authorized" Goodman Dealer carries this authorization status. Like other reviews regarding Goodman on this website, the Consumer must make informed decisions not just based on the words in the Goodman contracts, but based on other Consumers' experience as well. The devil is in the details when dealing with Goodman. Not a great way to build Consumer trust, but this is Goodman's prerogative to govern their business as they choose and to the sole benefit of Goodman; not the Consumer. BUYER BE VERY AWARE.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I was living in N.C. The house had a Goodman heat & air, after one year the circuit board failed. I am purchasing a home in Florida, the one I like has a Goodman A/C. I decided to look at Goodman reviews before buying, unbelievable. First company I read all reviews and are one star out of 42. Thanks to reviews I will negotiate with homeowner to install a new Trane. Will print all reviews and present to homeowner. Thank you all for your comments. I wish Goodman would honor their warranty and take care of all consumers. As an Architect I will recommend to use the A/C company I work with, they will not touch a Goodman.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We got what we were told was a top of the line Goodman HVAC natural gas unit. It was installed this September (2019). All was well until it got cold and we turned on the heat. Gas smells arose from the floor heating vents. It doesn't happen all the time but there are great bursts of gas intermittently. And -- get this-- our carbon monoxide detector started beeping. We were so naive that we thought the detector was broken and replaced it. Then the new one started going off! We called the installer. They came out and could detect no leak from the outside unit. It was discovered that there was a gap where the unit had slipped off the base. They fixed that. We were hoping that meant the problem was solved. Nope. The gas smell in the vent is even stronger. I'm told that means the heat convector is cracked or broken or defective. This is a brand new unit. What the hell?

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team