2. Homeowners
  3. Air Conditioners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

Need help with your air conditioning?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Need help with your air conditioning?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: June 14, 2020

We've been pleased with our Goodman heat and air units, at 16 years old both air and heat run efficiently. We have maintained them by having a professional come in, replace any parts needed, tweak the units. We keep the filters changed about 4 times a year. Before we turn on the A/C we clean the outside unit of any debris, our HVAC tech also cleans it. Overall we are pleased.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Please don't think that because I only gave 4 stars for this company that they aren't worth looking into. Purchasing this unit was in my opinion a really great buy. The price was 30-60% less than the "Brand Names" - My unit cost ~$3,200 (a 5 Ton heat pump package unit with additional electric heat & new programmable thermostat) plus an additional $500 for final install - to get warranty activated. It's been working around 11 months and we've had No problems whatsoever. I would recommend this Brand!

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Two years ago, I purchased a new Goodman HVAC system for my 1450 sq ft condo. Installation was neat and clean, and complete within five days. First summer I didn’t suffer from the heat and humidity. Never did I have to touch controls, just set the thermostat at my desired temperature and it would turn on and off without my help. Same in winter. I purchased the service maintenance plan, so every change of season company comes and checks out equipment, changes filter and makes sure I’m ready to go. I know Trane is the best, but also cost the most. I’m happy and price was right.

Original review: June 10, 2020

So far my Goodman unit has worked great. I had to get a capacitor changed out but other than that it's been great. I've had my unit for 2 years now. I like the compressor has a lifetime warranty as it's the most expensive part. All other parts have a 15 year warranty on it.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Reasonable price for a good quality and energy efficient unit that works great! I was leery when the a/c people recommended Goodman as I was not familiar with the brand. However I decided to give it a try as they highly recommended it and being they live on the same street as I do I figured they would probably steer me in the right direction. Am glad I went with it. The unit is quiet and a strong workhorse that cools and heats the house in minutes. Our electric bill went down and we are very pleased with the results. Good warranty on the compressor for 10 years.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

The 5 ton Goodman HVAC unit in my new construction home had a catastrophic failure over a week ago. Would not hold a charge more than 24 hours. My HVAC guy calls Goodman for a replacement coil under warranty. They tell him the part is not available. The unit is only 2 years old! Have been on the phone with Caroline, Kristin, Megan and the other Megan in warranty and they can't tell me when the part will be shipped. What good is a warranty if you don't have the parts to honor it? Trying to support American business and this is what I get... Complete and utter incompetence!

Original review: July 22, 2020

Had the evap coil fail out of the gate and Goodman refuses to cover the $1k labor to rectify the situation. Also, their personnel answering the phones could not be more unhelpful and snarky if they were Nancy Pelosi clones. Will never recommend or install their equipment again! Buy their garbage at your own risk.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased a Goodman HVAC system in 2020. The system was installed in February 2020 so they couldn't charge the AC system. When it came time to use the AC part of the system there was no R410 left. After 3 service calls it was discovered that the TVX valve was bad. Goodman offered to replace the valve but not pay the $788 dollar service call to track the problem down and fix the problem and recharge the system with 12 lbs of R410. The service department said they wouldn't cover the service call and replacement of R410 because of the faulty part caused which was to release all the R410. The system can't run without it. This was a brand new system. MAKE SURE AND CHECK WARRANTY. I would NOT recommend Goodman HVAC products.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Biggest piece of junk I ever purchased... my heat pump goes out every 2 years always in the middle of summer.... just like right now & it's 90 degrees in my house l... I have replaced the compression every 2 years since it was installed.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Had a Goodman heat pump installed. It did not lower our bills like we expected and were told. It leaked freon every year, but Goodman would not honor the warranty because the installer had evidently not turned in a registration form. The unit was a lemon and we were told it would cost more to start replacing components than to get a new one.

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team