4.0/5 (319 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Goodman Manufacturing

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

3 years ago We purchased a Goodman gas pack to replace our older unit that was not worth repairing. The rest of the winter went like a dream and the AC worker the next summer. We have worked on it ever since! I had a tech out twice costing me out of pocket because Goodman wouldn’t cover the warranty because I installed it myself. Between myself and the repairman, we have replaced nearly every single part on this unit including the draft inducer motor today. I’ll never buy another unit from Goodman, period!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Having trouble with my furnace, repairman was out twice and did not resolve the problem. I called customer service and they would not transfer me to a technician to help diagnose the problem. They are no help, after googling the problem and reading the manual. I found information about the problem and where you could order parts. Sometimes it's best to do your research and fix it yourself if you feel you can do it safely. All I wanted to do was to explain my problem to a technician so that information could be pass to my repairman.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I had my furnace put in in April, the motherboard was bad, it was replaced 2 more times and still does not work. Can't find anyone to take it back and am told I am out 2600. And will need to replace with better quality for 5500. Just want to make sure no one ever buys a Goodman again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I will NEVER buy another @Goodman_Mfg (Good Air Conditioning & Heating) unit! If you're considering such a transaction -- just don't! My unit has six years left on the warranty, and although Goodman has coils to manufacture and sell new units EXACTLY like mine (I can buy one today and have it installed for $3,000 and change), for some reason--Goodman cannot find a replacement coil for my warrantied A/C unit that is four years old.

Goodman has a really good game -- headquarters in TX refuses to speak with the homeowner/end user. All communication has to take place between the Distribution Center (WPB) and the a/c tech. If you call their homeowner support line--the ONLY support they offer is to assist you in registering your warranty. Nothing else. Nada. I cannot get ANY information out of them as to WHEN I will either receive a replacement coil or approval for a replacement unit.

My A/C person has followed up on this diligently and has not been able to get much out of them other than--Goodman MIGHT have a replacement coil for my unit SOMETIME NEXT WEEK (hurricane is forecasted to hit here in Florida then). Here's the fun part--in addition to asthma, I have Covid (tested + on Tuesday night, 09/20/22). The temp inside my house is 89'/90', and the humidity is so high it feels like a gd swamp. I feel like I'm trying to breathe underwater. Thanks to Covid, checking into a hotel or staying with friends is not an option. Checking into the hospital may be my next alternative.

Goodman's product, their 10 yr. warranty, and their non-existent homeowner support is not worth a warm bucket of spit. Welcome to capitalism! BTW, #Satoru Akama (CEO) and #daikinairconditioning I rate your company a -10.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I will never buy a Goodman product ever again! My a/c compressor 5ton 14 SEER went out right at 2yrs and they would not replace it! Their warranty don't mean anything! Customer service was no help, they didn't care!!

Original review: July 19, 2022

We bought a new Goodman furnace and air unit. $14,000. The humidity is horrible!!! 57%-68% everyday and night. The repair guys tell me to turn it down to 67*, well that’s too dang cold for us, we are in our 70’s. Then they said to keep fan on 24-7, all of this deletes the purpose of high energy savings. What crap! Hours and hours of service men here and the humidity still doesn’t go below 57%. They keep telling me an air conditioning unit DOES NOT remove humidity. Every home we had, the air conditioning took the humidity out to a comfortable level. Our 22 yr old unit did just fine. So much for updating The two units. So RUN FROM GOODMAN if you like lower humidity!!!! Now they say we need a whole house dehumidifier for $2000 more, are you kidding me?? We’ve lived in this house for 7 yrs, NEVER EVER have we had high humidity.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Dear customers, willing to buy a good men air conditioning system, they claim to have a warranty, when you go to their website and file after having the units installed professionally. Well if you try to claim for a warranty repair which, it consists of 10 years after having it installed, Customer service tells you that no it's not our responsibility. Their unit breaks down after two days of the unit gets installed by a professional.

The air handler I have has a valve that's internal of their product. Who would think that when you purchase a product it should be working correctly. Customer Service and not willing to cover the repair job done at home. I am a Korean veteran 95 years of age and boy do I feel like it was taken for Advantage. I am now set with a repair job of $745.00 for something that was already installed, by a Professional, then failed after 2 days. Failed not by my installer, but by the craftsmanship ship from the Goodman manufacturer. I was satisfied with Goodman from the past, but not now. Product damage and not covered under a 10 year warranty. Think twice about buying a Goodman air system conditioner.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I bought a house that had been totally redone from the roof down due to smoke damage from a small fire. They installed a brand new Goodman heat & air system in 2013. I noticed a few weeks ago it wasn't cooling like it should. I had someone come out for a leak test today. They told me the coil on the outside unit is bad and I'll need a new system. It didn't even last 9 years. A good unit should last 15-20 years I'm told! My next unit will not be a Goodman.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Unit failed within one year of service due to manufacturing defect caused by faulty workmanship. Submitted claim to Goodman under warranty but warranty ONLY covers a defective part and its replacement, nothing else associated with bringing the unit back to working condition. Submitted detailed invoice, pictures and videos of where defect occurred and repairs performed to return unit to working condition. Goodman denied any reimbursement indicating the only warrant defective parts not their manufacturing process or workmanship. Consumers should be aware of just how limited their warranty is in considering a purchase of this product.

Original review: June 19, 2022

How in the world can I give you an A+? You're a waste of time to dial up. I purchased A Goodman A/C & Heating Unit because this is was what I wanted. It runs Excellent. You're just not qualified to be in this position. Maybe this is why you don't get sales anymore. I will be blunt on all matters if it needs to be known by Company & Consumer! I wanted to know if a PRO1/T-170 is compatible with a Goodman Three (3) Ton Unit? What's so wrong to not help your buyer's in any or all needs? These A/C & Heating Units are very important to keep in Excellent Standards. I purchased this Thermostat, & it cools off quickly, but it doesn't seem to move down fast enough to my temperature I programmed it to.

Now, can any Educated Person give me an answer? I smell a burnt smell after the A/C stops running. I don't want problems, but someway, somehow, I notice these unexpected events. I'm covered through 2024 on all parts. Now, is there someone who will explain why this is happening? Do I have the wrong Thermostat in my Unit? All information will be very helpful. Thank You!

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

Goodman Manufacturing Company Information