Find an Air Conditioners partner

3. Air Conditioners

3.7/5 (260 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Goodman Manufacturing

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: July 19, 2021

I live in the NW and had my old unit replaced 6-2020 with a Goodman unit. The unit ran fine but was air only we have gas heat. So that said it only ran for app. 20 day in 2020. This year as temperatures rose in late June it started running for an additional 7 day then died completely by July 16th. That means this unit actually only lasted new for 37 days of A/C service. If it was a heat pump unit delivering heat that would have likely only lasted 1 month. That cost over 2500.00 for one months usage! No one wants to work on it. Just charge over 200.00 to diagnose the compressor is junk. We are left to suit the dealer who claimed 12 year parts & service extended Warranty on our contract in writing, and buy a real A/C unit that will last.

Over 30 days usage. At my last home I sold in 2017 we put in a unit in 1997 upon our purchasing the home. It was a heat pump running all summer & winter. When we sold the home it still ran flawlessly 20 years later! Goodman should cease selling such cheap, undependable garbage to unsuspecting customer by shady dealers.

Original review: July 18, 2021

We built our house in 2013 and replaced the compressor 5 times in 8 yrs. We now changed brands and completely changed everything, compressor, air handler, etc. Our builder was kind enough to replace until we changed brands. Cost us over 4k.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Purchased GSXC16 system in 2019 and worked well for 2 years, then the unit would not turn on the compressor once or sometimes twice a day. The installer has spent many hours on the phone with Goodman tech people to no avail. He has also replaced almost everything that can be replaced. When I called Goodman after 2 months of this they said, "Sorry your installer has to contact our technical rep for help." When I told them he had already spent many hours on the phone with them, their answer was, "That is all we all we can do for you." They just don't care.

Original review: July 1, 2021

8 year unit, installed in a new house in 2013, Houston TX. 5 Ton. The coil was broken in 2017, had to replace it. This year 2021 the condenser had leaks EVERYWHERE! This was installed in a new built home. My husband passed away suddenly 2 days before the day of the closing back in 2013, and I had no time or clear head to learn about warranties. The crooked contractor never registered the unit under my name, and therefore when it broke this year I could not claim any warranty. Laws in Texas only benefit corporations but not the individuals. The manufacturers will give better price to contractors with licenses, and higher prices to home owners.

If you own your house, make sure you register any device you buy under your name, specially if you are a lady, try to avoid service companies to buy devices. Most contractors (installers, distributors, repair companies) in Texas are vultures, awful rats, they will take your money and never disclose the real price they get from manufacturers. Goodman ethics sucks, same as the contractor JDS (David Sanabria) in Houston. For HVAC units save yourself aggravation and pain: Go with RHEEM, Bryant or Carrier.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Similar to others on only the first page of the reviews. Goodman unit has broken 8 times in two years and Goodman reps will not respond to requests to investigate the unit. Service by Aire Serve. Garbage company and garbage unit. They take a month to fix it each time, and right now we are two months without AC in the muggy southeastern summer. No empathy from the manufacturer or the servicer. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 16, 2021

Ever since Goodman HVAC was installed a year & a half ago, it has never worked correctly. It blows cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer. It runs constantly when it's hot trying to keep up but it can't. The company who installed it has checked it several times & always come up with an excuse and/or says it's working as it should. Don't waste your money.

Original review: June 15, 2021

9 year old 4 ton AC unit compressor QUIT DEAD. I have a 22 year old 2.5 ton unit working perfectly on the Addition part of house working fine. Bryant AC. My brother also installed a Goodman 9 years ago and his unit failed too a year ago. 8-9 years is not acceptable.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Well let me start out by saying, what a piece of ** company!!! My installers never told me to make sure I register my product or I will lose five years off my warranty. I called the company and they said it was locked and there was nothing they could do about it, have a nice day. What a piece of ** company. And my unit broke down after 3 years.

Original review: May 24, 2021

The capacitor failed after only 3 1/2 years. While this inexpensive part (less than $30) is covered under warranty the labor of a licensed HVAC contractor is not covered. So I had to dish out $180 for labor. Labor should be covered under warranty as well. Disappointing and frustrating to happen on a relatively new unit.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I employed an Air Conditioner to replace my Central Air unit. Goodman A/C was recommended by the salesman. The next day after the installation, my wife and I

Noticed that a noise came from the A/C condenser unit. I contacted the contractor and informed him that I was concerned about the expensive noise that was being emitted from the A/C, I was told by him that this was normal. I then contacted Goodman Manufacturing who in term informed me to contact the Contractor who then in turn should contact their supplier for further investigation. It has been several weeks now, the noise at start up has been steadily been increasing in sound. Up to now nothing has been resolved, I am am now in the cycle of phone tag. My wife has medical problems and requires an A/C that functions correctly. Where do I find a solution for this problem? I have paid for this Unit. I did not get it for nothing.

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team