Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

294 Goodman Manufacturing Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Last year, I bought a house that recently had a Goodman heat pump installed shortly before my purchase. Recently, I discovered the contractor had not installed the unit per Goodman's guidelines. I called them up to see if the installation was still acceptable, despite not being per their guidelines, or if I should talk to the contractor about re-doing it. I figured that if Goodman said it is acceptable, then I would drop the matter; if Goodman said it isn't acceptable, I would have more leverage in asking the work to be re-done.

As a homeowner, they refused to talk to me; they said to talk to a Goodman installer. I told them my problem was with an installer, so how could I be sure that another installer would give good advice. (I am a retired HVAC engineer, so I would understand whatever technical advice they gave.) I can understand them wanting to be careful what they say, and refer many questions to an installer, since most people don't understand HVAC, but my question is a simple one, "Is the installation acceptable as-is?" With this kind of support, no, I will not buy a Goodman unit.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

4 years ago I had both inside and outside units replaced for peace of mind at retirement. Outside unit is a Goodman 4 ton and inside is a Miller furnace in a Modular home. This unit for 4 years has blown water into the plenum and soaked it so bad, I am sure it needs full replacement now. Then 4 years in a row the fine Goodman outside unit has failed in midsummer and is down again right now. It has had coils replaced and compressors replaced and is still under warranty, but when ac repair crew gets out here again maybe Tuesday, I am going to cut my losses and have this junk removed from my sight. It is still under warranty, but I see no reason to keep this unit in service.

Right now I think it is the compressor out again, that will be number 3. This needs to be completely removed and everything repaired under furnace to stop water and mold. Can't believe they can sell such poor equipment to people in this country. I will now being retired have to buy and pay for install of another unit and they can take this Goodman with its warranty to the landfill site. DO NOT BUY A GOODMAN UNIT, UNLESS YOU WANT CONSTANT REPAIRS AND EXPENSE ON YOUR PART.

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We've bought our system just over 5 years. Went away on vacation to come home to 87 degrees in our home. The HVAC people came out and said that it was the compressor, and our unit wasn't registered. (GO FIGURE). So I proceeded to call about our warranty. I was told that the unit wasn't registered (which it was) and they will not replace the compressor. I got 3 prices on replacing the unit and all 3 were well over $1500. I wish now that I would have come to this page and seen all these negative reviews!!! Trust me. If you are thinking of buying this POS please re-think it...

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was installed a Goodman air condition and 3 years later an evaporator coil is leaking. Need to be replaced and it’s going to cost me a lot of money. There was a class action lawsuit against this manufacturing Goodman.

Original review: July 22, 2019

We bought our house in October 2012. The units were new and a selling point. Along with the 10 year warranty. Just found out, the “warranty“ wasn’t transferable. It only applies to the first homeowner. They refuse to stand behind their warranty at all. Run, don’t walk away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: July 17, 2019

Our roofer talked the insurance company into replacing our AC unit due to hail damage. The contractor that the roofer went with chose a Goodman AC - Bad idea! Almost two years to the day, the AC started breaking down and broke down 3 times within two months - Supposedly, the capacitor went first, then the coolant was low, and now it is broke again. We will be requesting a new unit since the root of the problem has not been solved. I will not pay $200.00 for every service call to get it working again! Do not let your contractor install a Goodman AC!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased a brand new custom built home in 2014. The builder installed a Goodman AC and failed to tell me about registering to get the 10 year warranty. Just before the 5 year default warranty ran out the inside unit coil started to leak. Goodman has refused to honor the 5 year warranty to replace the coil because they are going by the manufacturer date which was in 2013. They refuse to accept my closing settlement statement as proof of the new home purchase date. Unless you register they don't even honor the true 5 year warranty. I have never dealt with such terrible customer service! AC service man that found the leak told me Goodman ACs were complete junk and that I would save money in the long run by replacing the complete system. New American Standard AC is going to be installed for $4,600. In my opinion, Goodman is one company that shouldn't be in business!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased a brand new home 2 years ago and the goodman ac was brand new. Now it needs a new compressor?! And will cost $2200 to fix..?? LET ME REPEAT...2 YEARS OLD. The part is warrantied but the labor is not!!!! What?? If the ac was built well it wouldnt need to be fixed! I make soap for a living and am losing all my product because it is so hot in my new house. Is anyone human out there????

Original review: July 11, 2019

We are so disappointed in our Goodman HVAC unit. It was installed 9 months ago and the circuit board already failed. No big deal...it's under warranty. WRONG! We were surprised to receive a bill for several hundred dollars when we had it repaired under warranty. When we called Goodman, they told us that the failed part was covered but not the labor or the service call, despite it being a product defect. They told us we had to have bought a separate "labor warranty" when we bought the unit if we wanted them to cover labor! So we just paid a whole lot of money to fix a manufacturer failure. We will not be buying more Goodman products in the future. Poor customer service!

Original review: July 5, 2019

PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE, GOODMAN! ???? Tech been out 8 times to correct the problem. Nobody can find the issue that's causing the problem. I'm going to let my attorney handle this. Goodman, piece of crap, run. Don't think about buying.

Goodman Manufacturing expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

• Best for: owners of medium to large sized homes who want either a central or ductless split air conditioning system.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs