Find an Air Conditioners partner

3. Air Conditioners

3.8/5 (279 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Goodman Manufacturing

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Since March 2020 the following parts failed in our four-ton unit and had to be replaced. One new compressor to replace the original part that comes with the box.

Two air handler fans. One to replace the original comes with the box and a second to replace the first replacement. Three main CPU logic boards. One to replace the one that comes with the box and the others to replace the replacement parts. The company we purchased the A/C units from has been very, very helpful and should get five stars out of five for the efforts put into making this right. The smaller, 2 1/2 ton unit that was purchased and installed at the same time has had no issues.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I bought a house in April 2019. The house has been remodeled including a new a/c unit which the guy who flipped the house Installed. Goodman has not worked with me on warranty. I have replaced the capacitor 2x in 5 months for a 2018 a/c unit.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Due to a manufactured defect, all the refrigerant leaked out of my system. I have a 10-year parts warranty, but due to the fact that it's a manufacturing defect, there are no replacement parts to fix the problem. It cost me over a grand to diagnose and fix the problem and Goodman refuses to make any monetary resolution. Low-grade design, inferior quality control process leads to appliance failure. And Goodman's response is "O'well these things happen". Thanks for nothing, you get what you pay for. Don't buy this product unless you do a pre-inspection of the interior build quality of the outside unit. There are multiple reviews on this site, of the exact same problem. One example is Keith of Hartselle, AL.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

My first unit failed completely, had a Goodman rep come out to aid in the replacement, leaks everywhere, from the install and from factory connections. Today because one copper pipe was bent around the other 600 dollars in freon alone. DO NOT BUY GOODMAN PRODUCTS OR FROM MPE SERVICES IN NORTH ALABAMA.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

After 5 years we change two condenser unit and two coil. After 1 year we change condenser unit and coil again. Compressor go bet and coil leaks again. If You want save many never use Goodman products!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Updated on 10/17/2020: Since 7/26/2020 this A/C has been broke 10 times, installed 2/15/2020, Goodman will not even address issues. This is the worst unit or should I say the worst item I have ever purchased, and on top of that the worst customer service. They hope you will just go away. These units are very poorly built. Goodman has beaten me down with their poor service, their poorly designed A/C. I am going to look for a Trane or carrier on Monday. This has been too much.

Updated on 10/03/2020: This is in addition to my last review, I called Goodman and their customer affairs department told me how they have distribution representatives that help techs. with problems. My ASK Professional tech. was out here yesterday and said he spoke to representative and was going to come by house, he never showed up, next day A/C not working again. I have emailed Goodman direct again, 6 times down in 8 months is unacceptable for a new A/C.

Original Review: A/C very undependable, broke 5 times in first year, called corporate and was no help, purchased from ASK Professionals 2/15/2020, Goodman GSZC16061, $7290.00, I bought due to living in Florida and I did not want problems during summer, Trane A/C was 17 years old still working fine but thought it would be wise to replace. ASK Professionals come out each time, get it working but then it stops cooling, dates of service 7/26/2020, 8/8/2020, 9/1/2020, 9/26/2020, 10/01/2020, all those dates A/C does not cool, coming again tomorrow to repair, 8 months old, do you want this kind of headache?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Our 15 year old TRANE air conditioner was ready to be replaced. I called around and read reviews and we chose NorthCentralFloridaAirConditioning. We paid about $7400.00 which I had to put on my credit card. They installed it in September 2019. To date we have had them come out to TRY and fix it at least ELEVEN times and it’s not a year old. Being elderly and in the middle of a pandemic doesn’t make it easier either. It would just stop working. After working in the yard and the heat index in the 100s is not fun coming in the house with an air conditioner not working at all.

Ray- the boss and owner-and those that came out were nice and they did try to fix it. It’s not the company but the product. I hope we never ever have to buy a FRANKLIN AC ever again. We had a TRANE for 15 years and never had a problem with It until about a year before we got the FRANKLIN. Sales person assured me that FRANKLIN is better than a TRANE. We did let the manufacturer know about this and they noted this and gave us a case number. They put in a hard start kit which seems to be working for now. Manufacturer said not all units need that. Uh, why didn’t they just include this from the beginning!! This has been a true nightmare. Dena **

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I am a new homeowner who had a nice HVAC guy install a brand-new Goodman system in my home (I chose Goodman). The red plastic logo on the outside unit broke off within two months so I simply contacted Goodman to ask for a replacement (it serves their needs well to have free advertising like that) and they flat-out refused after initially telling me it was being sent. What a horrible company. I shudder to think what will happen if/when the unit itself goes out. Already regretting this purchase. Should have gone with another more reputable manufacturer. BTW, this sign is being removed entirely. Nobody needs to know I have a Goodman which is a piece of garbage based on how their corporate headquarters treated me for simply asking for a replacement logo/sign.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Buy another brand. This AMANA unit has a ten year warranty and the condenser stopped working after 8 years. Goodman refuses to honor the warranty. They sell crap and then don’t warrant their crap. DON’T BUY GOODMAN/AMANA! Buy a Trane or any other brand! I bought a C/A unit in 1982 and sold the house in 2016 and the condenser/compressor was working just fine after 34 years! This junk quit after 8! The cost was $6840.00! And no warranty! CROOKS!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

The 5 ton Goodman HVAC unit in my new construction home had a catastrophic failure over a week ago. Would not hold a charge more than 24 hours. My HVAC guy calls Goodman for a replacement coil under warranty. They tell him the part is not available. The unit is only 2 years old! Have been on the phone with Caroline, Kristin, Megan and the other Megan in warranty and they can't tell me when the part will be shipped. What good is a warranty if you don't have the parts to honor it? Trying to support American business and this is what I get... Complete and utter incompetence!

Goodman Manufacturing Company Information