Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

101 Frigidaire Air Conditioner Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I bought a new construction home with this unit installed. Everything about the ductwork is correct, airflow is fine. This unit constantly breaks- refrigerant leaks. The first year, capacitor went out 2x. The next year, another capacitor replacement, leaking. Year three stopped cooling- noises coming from the unit when turning off- sounds like a dying elephant. 2 AC companies have looked at it. The warranty runs out next year and this LEMON is STILL BREAKING. We are Sick to death that we got STUCk with this horrible electric HVAC unit. I've pressed the AC companies to contact the manufacturer and both are dragging it out. One tried to make 2200 dollars unnecessarily off of me prior to diagnosing the unit. I called the original installer. He is trying to address the issues. The Unit BREAKS Constantly. I will NEVER buy an Frigidaire product. I'm writing the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Five years ago we bought a Frigidaire air conditioning unit. Twice in 5 years the coil had to be replaced. The coils they use must be defective because not only have we had to replace ours but two of our neighbors had to do the same. The problem is besides the cost of replacement is the labor involved. It’s going to cost us over a $1000.00 for the repair. The cost of the original house call to diagnose the trouble and then the four hours of labor to replace the coil. I’m not sure why any A/C company would sell these units due to the rate of which they breakdown. But then if you think about it the A/C companies make a load of money replacing the coils.

Original review: July 8, 2017

My AC of 2 1/2 years starting blowing hot air. I called customer service, went through a series of trial and error and the gentleman said, "You will need service repair to come to your home." He checked the warranty and said it was fully covered and would be NO CHARGE. They made an appointment with Johnson Appliance in Hillside, NJ. Waited 2 weeks. Took the day off and then they don't show up! I call and an extremely rude and unprofessional woman said it was cancelled! When I firmly stated it was not she hung up on me! I called a Frigidaire again. They apologized and set me up with another service company and once again reiterated that it was under warranty and was NO CHARGE to me.

I have to wait another 8 days for an appointment and take another day off. Two days before my appointment someone from Frigidaire calls and say, "Oh sorry it's actually not covered"!! WHAT!? What kind of business are you running!? I speak to 2 separate people who say it is made two separate service calls. Then 3 weeks into this I get a random call it's not covered!? Is this for real? Is this customer service? The agreement at the time of complaint should be honored!! I spoke to a supervisor who was worthless!! I can now only warn other consumers to NEVER EVER buy Frigidaire products!! It's the worst!

Original review: June 27, 2017

I am a renter. The apartments I have rented for the last 10 years have had old in wall units replaced with new Frigidaire units. The first apartment replaced a 20 year old air conditioner with a Frigidaire unit that lasted only two years. The landlords then replaced the unit again with another Frigidaire unit which again lasted only 2 years. At this point they were convinced it was something I was doing wrong and they refused to replace it again.. Of course, it must broken when I pressed the on switch. I moved to another apartment and the landlord replaced an old unit with a Frigidaire in wall unit (I begged them to buy a different unit). Again, the Frigidaire unit has lasted 2 years and now blows only hot air. The maintenance department says there is something wrong with the air compressor. All I know is I have had 3 Frigidaire in wall units and none of them has lasted over 2 years. Don't waste your money. Spend a little more and get a better brand.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I have been dealing with Frigidaire/Electrolux for about a week to have my barely used 4 year old air conditioner (25,000 BTU model LRA257ST2) serviced. Nothing but jumping through hoops for their customer service department so far. Unit is under warranty and they seem to be trying to avoid honoring that warranty how ever possible.

Servicer came and did nothing, but now it seems I'm starting back at square 1 (if I am lucky, because not only did I need model and serial # to request service I am now told I need to provide an engineering code from the same tag located in 1 place on this machine... Right on the frame that sits against the wall). All just to try to schedule an appointment with a new servicer at my time and expense. I'm really just trying not to cave in and buy a new air conditioner as a matter of principle but until then I have to feel like I live in a sauna and there is no end in sight. I will not be purchasing from Frigidaire or Electrolux ever again because of this experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: June 19, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire wall mounted air condition model FFTH1422Q2 in 2014. I paid close to $1000 to purchase and have it installed. I used it in 2015. I tried to use it the next year 2016 and the air condition blows warm air. I contacted Frigidaire 800 944-9044, the agent said it is possible the problem is with the compressor and Frigidaire does not make that part anymore. You are kidding me. One year and they no longer make the part. That must be a great part. One freaking year and now I have to replace it. IT WILL NOT BE WITH ANOTHER FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT FOR SURE.

Original review: May 22, 2017

We purchased a 5,000 BTU room A/C 2 years ago. Plugged it in this year and it would not work. Lowe's barely talked to us because we didn't buy the service warranty. Called a small appliance repair shop. We were told the A/C's manufactured these days are not made to last. They last for only 2-3 years and are made to be thrown away. Tried calling Frigidaire and was never able to get through to a human being. Not sure what our options are for cooling our home but I would not recommend Frigidaire.

Original review: March 20, 2017

The room air conditioner didn't work out of the box. Though they will replace the unit, I'm out another $120.00 to have the bad unit taken out and replace with a unit that works. If the second unit is faulty I have to pay again. Frigidaire couldn't care less. Bad company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Its systems are super easy to maintain and clean. Very cold air is produced and it's very quiet compared to other products. It's also very affordable and space saving on certain units. It has been great overall. Product quiet and effective. Not much water waste either for those who don't like to waste. I enjoy it a lot after a hard day of hot work. Cool, sleek design on some products. They're very edgy and give a home or business that extra touch that makes it seem more modern and beautiful. It has never given me any trouble in almost 3 years. Best investment of my life. I just clean it externally and let it rest for a few hours a day. Other than that nothing needs to be done.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

It works well and keeps the bedroom cold like I like it for next to no money extra on the bill. Turn it on for couple hours in the morning and evening and it's great. Works great on the upstairs bedroom better than any other we've had. Makes it cool. Used less than 5 hours a day. Used in peak season during the hottest part of the day. Not big and clunky like some other models. Does what it is supposed to do without being cumbersome or daunting or a sore thumb. Have had it for two years without a problem yet. Get you one for your house now. Really reliable!

Frigidaire Air Conditioner Company Information