Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Reviews

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I’m posting my review to warn others. Frigidaire refused to post my review bc it may steer customers “away”. Ridiculous. My husband and I saved up for 10 years to do our kitchen remodel. We used the Frigidaire Pro Line for all of our appliances. I have never been more disappointed with a refrigerator. I chose this model because of the smudge proof finish. This is biggest mistake we made for our entire renovation!

This fridge accepts magnets and so naturally we excitedly hung up our children’s artwork. In less than two weeks (after removing the artwork to dust the fridge face) I discovered that the ENTIRE front of it was scratched with fine scratches from the magnets. I am just sick over this! Nowhere in the manual does it say NOT to use magnets on the surface. Since it accepted magnets in the first place, we assumed that was considered normal and acceptable use of the fridge. The magnets I used were brand new and not rough! The surface of this unit is ridiculously easy to scratch! Had I have known this fact, I would have NEVER chosen this fridge. It was a giant purchase for us and now I have to live with it ugly and ruined.

Also, I’m now embarrassed to show people my new kitchen because of it. My kitchen looks like “new kitchen, but old fridge”. The worst part for me is I didn’t even get to enjoy having what I thought would be the refrigerator of my dreams. It was ruined before I even got a chance to enjoy it. And now I can’t even enjoy my kitchen remodel that we waited years for, YEARS!

Please do not waste your money like we did. Buy a regular stainless steel refrigerator instead and just get used to wiping off fingerprints, because at least they come off! My previous regular stainless steel fridge was over 10 years old and barely had a scratch on it. In comparison this expensive “pro” fridge can’t even operate in the simplest of function, to hold up a calendar and children’s artwork on the front of it, without becoming damaged.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with the treatment this company has given me. STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE!!!! We got an in wall unit last year. They gave us a faulty unit that did not work straight from the box, and had to be replaced with a new one straight after buying it. Barely over a year later, in July, it stopped working again (was not blowing cold).

I called Frigidaire for our warranty. They assigned an AC repair "company" to us. I called this "AC professional" to set an appointment. On the phone, keep in mind this guy has not seen our AC, our place, or has any idea what the issue is, and he immediately is saying we probably ** it up somehow and it's our fault and there is probably nothing they will be able to do.... DUDE YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT YET?!?!!?!? Super rude, condescending, and childish. He was supposed to come out one day, calls an hour into the absurd 8 hour time frame, and says that there are no other appointments in my area, and they are gonna come tomorrow instead. Really? Just because the drive is not worth it for you, you are gonna say "eh ** it"?

Comes next day, and immediately tells me I am "improperly dressed" and I need to change because I was in shorts... my shorts covered everything important, and were completely appropriate. And even then, MY ** AC IS BROKEN IN JULY AND I'M SWEATING LIKE CRAZY. How dare you judge me in my own home! After 2 minutes, he repeats everything he said on the phone, gives me no detailed explanation as to how we messed it up, tells me his signature line he used on the phone, "you need to do your research," and leaves.

Called my warranty company. The lady calls him to hear his side of the story, he talked over her, yelled at her, and hung up on her. She told me no matter what I did or didn't do, if the AC is malfunctioning, he was required to fix it because it was covered by our warranty. And she is immediately sent me a new company to work with, and said she will definitely be letting management know. Completely ridiculous. So now they send us a NEW guy. He was friendly, recognized the problem, and took the AC. His estimated time frame was 2 weeks. IT HAS BEEN 3 MONTHS!!!! It is almost halfway into fall at this point!!!

Frigidaire has done NOTHING to speed up the process. I have been calling non stop. In OCTOBER they are just now telling me that my issue will not be fixed under warranty because the FIRST AC guy said my AC suffered abuse. I demanded the woman call the AC PEOPLE THAT HAVE MY AC!!!! I explained to the woman on the phone the first AC company is NOT even a legitimate company, and that he currently has multiple lawsuits for improper service on ACs. She checked with MY REAL AC company. They stated there was no such abuse or improper installment as stated. FRIGIDAIRE MAY THINK THEY CAN SCAM ME BUT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. There is nothing I would want more than to get my money back.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I am a consumer with three Frigidaire appliances. I placed an order for filters and was excited to see they had a special discount on filters. Here is where it gets bad.. I dealt with an online customer care representative and agent and was so unhappy and was transferred to speak with the Corporate Manager in Georgia. She then in turned blamed me and stated it was my fault that I did not receive the 20% discount on the filter I had ordered. Frigidaire be kind to your customers!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My Induction cooktop has an issue, one of the burners does not reach the highest temperature and the rest they do. When I bought it for 4 months ago it worked fine but after 3 months it stopped reaching temperature 9. I called customer service. They sent a technician and the guy said it is normal that doesn't reach 9. I started arguing that how could this be normal and they hang up on me. I called several time and they said there is nothing they can do because the technician said it is normal. The work customer service I have ever seen. Do not buy from Frigidaire. Not wort it. They have no respect for your concern. My Induction Cooktop has issue and they are not willing to fix it.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We bought a new Frigidaire range and the oven door handle fell off right after one year warranty. The problem is, we seldom use oven, at most 20 times a year. And it conveniently broke after one year warranty. Yesterday, the entire oven outer door with glass fell off while nobody used range at the time. It was scary, especially since we have young children walking by. Bad workmanship. Horrible experience!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have purchased three Frigidaire appliances in the last month and only a single one (microwave) is functioning properly and/or installed. I am on the third side-by-side refrigerator and either they are delivered with damage (under packaging which means it is done at the factory) or they have loud compressors at times, and a convection range no one seems to know where it is..Shipped half a month ago and keeps missing delivery dates. I have communicated with a R'Shaye at Frigidaire and she has stopped responding indicating a total lack of caring whether I ever receive the products I paid for a month ago.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I would like to compliment Frigidaire Customer Service at 1-800-374-4432. I bought a 10,000 BTU room air conditioner and was concerned that the water drip was excessive. I called their Customer Service and explained my situation, and they gave me the number of a local service provider and also scheduled an appointment for the following week. That service provider, I believe the name was AID Services, turned out to be rude and unreliable, they did not show up at the scheduled time, nor did they call. Anyway, I called Frigidaire Customer Service again, explained what happened and requested another service provider. This time I was fortunate to get RTV Appliances, they were very accommodating, and their service engineer, Jose, was very polite, knowledgeable and affable. As it turned out, nothing was wrong with the air conditioner, as patiently explained by Jose, but the reassurance put my mind at ease. So 5 stars for Frigidaire service.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We have been a Frigidaire customer for years owning multiple home appliances; however, that loyalty is ending. Frigidaire has really fallen! It used to be a company that made good products but now their product quality is poor and their customer service is even WORSE. I have been trying for two months to have a dehumidifier (less than 1 year old) replaced under warranty. The Unit (Model No. FFAD7033R1) stopped working in early July. We submitted all the required information; but have yet to receive a new unit. I have called Customer Service 6 times (7/27, 8/14, 8/22, 8/30, 9/6, 9/9) and spoken to 6 different service representatives along with 2 Supervisors over the last 60 days without any resolution. All have claimed the replacement order was issued but none can confirm it was ever approved OR fulfilled by the manufacturer, not to mention provide a shipping/tracking number.

On Sept 6, a Supervisor (April) said she would approve the replacement order and call me with confirmation; however, that didn't happen. I have now spent more than 2 hours over multiple phone calls looking for resolution. I doubt we will ever receive the replacement but I can assure you we will never buy another Frigidaire product. I would be ashamed to work for Frigidaire.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I purchased two Frigidaire dehumidifiers, one us a "pump-up" unit that I bought for my basement. Although it was 3 times the cost of a standard unit I needed one that would self drain since I don't have a sink on the same level and cannot go up and down the stairs (I'm a Senior with compromised health). The pump-up function stopped operating a couple months after warranty ended. I purchased an "extended warranty" and after the fact, when I called their CS dept. was advised my warranty doesn't cover "existing" issues and the young lady I spoke to said as long as it still runs they won't cover it. Sad that this once reputable company has come to this.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I will never purchase another Frigidaire product for the following reasons:

1). After two years, the interior light switches failed, causing the lights to remain on after the doors were closed, resulting in the bulbs
burning the top of refrigerator compartment. Repairman couldn’t fix them, due to the fact that there are no cool bulbs to replace with. I still have no lights in fridge.
2). The auto ice maker has no overfill shut-off, until you discover that when door is opened, the ice falls underneath the freezer, and the door won’t close until you remove spilled cubes under the freezer; accessing the spilled cubes is a nightmare, for which I now have a special homemade device for this job.
3). Now that fridge is “old” (2012 purchase), water is leaking to bottom of freezer compartment, the freezer jams if it’s not removed.
Every 5-6 days, I must empty the bottom drawer of freezer, get down on hands and knees, chip away 1/2 inch of ice from freezer floor, then re-pack bottom drawer!

4). Upon calling Frigidaire about the last issue, representative advised me to “purchase a new one, it’s old”, which I definitely will, however, not from this company or any of its affiliates!

Frigidaire Company Information