Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.54/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

599 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2019

In 2012, I purchased all Frigidaire appliances (Refrigerator, Oven, Dishwasher and Microwave). I also purchased the Extended Service Agreement and renewed with an expiration date of 3/27/2020 on all the appliances. In November 2017 I noticed a crack on the door of the microwave located at the bottom of the handle. This is probably due to the design of opening and closing. The microwave is Model #FFMV162LW Serial Number KH12401883. Purchase date 9/5/2012 ($199.00). The extended service contract #[protected] (spent $163.93 on this service). When I contacted the 800# to report this, I was told it is not covered, because it is not part of "functionality". I have read over the contract. Nowhere does it mention the door not being a significant part of the functionality; it does need to be closed to function. The contract does not mention at all that the door is not part of the extended service.

I then went on the Chat Line to further submit my frustration of all the expense I put in to all these extended services I purchased on all the appliances, not to have Frigidaire back up their products and services. These will be the last Frigidaire items I will purchase when I am in need of future products. **Answer received: "I appreciated reading you complaint. I'm quite heavily involved with the industry and think I might be able to shed some light on the subject.

The issue you're referencing is a problem of "physical damage" versus that of electronic/mechanical problems. Physical damage is something most extended service guarantees do not cover; for example, closing the door too hard and cracking the door. This makes sense whereas there's no way to determine how the crack really occurred. For what it's worth, I own several Frigidaire appliances and don't hesitate to recommend them. Admittedly I prefer the Gallery and Professional lines as compared to that of the basic Frigidaire series, but if one knows the line fairly well, they can become a great value. Hopefully this helps clarify the issue."

**I replied with: "Sorry Shaun, but this seems to be a standard reply you are giving many of the complaints posted here. I still stand by my statement that I will not purchase any more Frigidaire items. After the several conversations with Frigidaire, there has not been one single reply. I asked if all my methods of contact (phone and live chat) had been recorded, to which I was informed they were as I suggested upper management review. When one receives mailers saying you are best to purchase a service agreement (kind of an extended warranty) that pretty much costs more than the unit itself, you are believing the "Company" will address the problem. In this case, me, the customer, was not satisfied with three issues; 1) Product flaw 2) Misleading extra coverage 3) Level of caring from Company."

Original review: May 10, 2019

I am so dissatisfied with this refrigerator, all the inside walls are cracking, and the storage boxes on the door break easily, I have used it for two years and it's falling apart, please consider not buying from this company.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I’ve had a “new” microwave for 3 years and during this time I’ve had to call in 4 or 5 service request since it’s not working. Since it’s outside of their warranty, they charge $90 per trip fee. If I want to avoid the trip fee, they want me to pay for an extended warranty. Either way, they want more money. This just tells me they are using a defective product & could care less about the customer experience. Horrible accommodations to a client. For the amount they charge & the number of times they’ve been out, I could have easily purchased another appliance. If it was the 1st or 2nd time, I understand. But at this point it tells me you have incompetent contractors “fixing” an item that should have been replaced & an appliance that messes up this many times in such a short amount of time tells me it’s horribly put together. Trash!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a French door refrigerator 8 months ago. The bottom door shelf broke off after 5 months. I ordered a new one. It took 6 weeks to get it. It arrived in a book with most of the chef in wrapped in a plastic bags. The end had broken off and was laying on top of the bag. Yes, the obviously dropped and broke the shelf in packaging and shipped the broken shelf anyway. I called to return the shelf. Their policy is that the customer has to buy a 2nd shelf, and they will credit your account for the first. Well, that was 6 weeks ago. I have not received credit for the broken shelf and the new shelf has not been shipped. I’ve made 2 attempts to find out when the shelf will be shipped, and no one seems to know. They were however able to take my money twice. I will be buying the rest of my appliances from a more reputable company.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We bought a Frigidaire Gallery French door refrigerator for our new house in 2012. A few months ago the ice maker stopped working so we pulled it out from the wall and there was a huge ball of ice on the back which had frozen the water lines to the ice maker. Good thing we found it as it had corroded a huge spot on the back and was starting to drip on the floor. I got a repairman out right away who said it was a well-known defect with this model. Frigidaire told me they would fix it if I had a factory authorized repairman out. So I called for another repairman to come out (factory authorized) and he confirmed the defect and called Frigidaire to send out the fix kit. In the time it took (a few weeks) to get the other repairman out, Frigidaire stopped fixing these.

So I incurred another service charge for the second repairman for no reason. Frigidaire's fix was to offer me a 10% discount on another one of their refrigerators. Why would I ever want another one of their products in my kitchen? This defect had been known for years - the least they could have done is notify customers so we could minimize damage and get our appliances repaired. Now there is no longer a way to repair this and we have to buy a new one. Defective product, very poor service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: April 20, 2019

Dishwasher is literally disintegrating after 4 years, plastic on cutlery basket is brittle and breaking apart, can only place cutlery in outside baskets. Two rubber coated wire baskets are rusting badly and wires snapping off, the best issue is that to replace the baskets and cutlery tray will cost the same as a new unit. The door spring has broken twice in four years and one rubber door seal refrigerator, condenser motor died, crisper basket fell apart (open storage now) and the ice machine leaks internally causing huge ice build up.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Five months after purchasing our new Frigidaire Gallery Fridge we ran into problems with the crisper drawers. Both drawers literally detached from the runners and the lid. I called and spoke with a friendly enough person who sent me 2 replacement parts, at a cost of course. Apparently these replacement parts are not covered under warranty as they are considered cosmetic. Imagine the drawers being cosmetic. It gets worse. They shipped me the 2 replacement brackets which I received quickly but they were the wrong parts.

I called back and spoke to the same person who emailed me immediately the parts manual. We finally agreed on what actual parts I need and was told they will be shipped free of charge including parts and shipping. They were to arrive in about 10 days. After 2 weeks I called and there was no record of anything. So I went through the same process all over again with someone else and they had the replacement parts in stock but unfortunately they were not covered either. So now I wait and hope the replacement parts will arrive and not require replacement again in another 6 months. Moral of the story: get in writing what is covered the first year and what is not. Regards, Barry **.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Paid $1600 for the oven which was installed January 2017, ignitor assembly needed replacement July 2017 and also April 2018. Now April 2019 needs replacement again. Oven very cheaply made and obviously there is an issue with the ignitor assembly as it keeps needing to be replaced. Luckily we bought the extended warranty (on the advice of the 1st repairman) so the repair was covered. However, I find product is inferior and Would never buy another Frigidaire. If you need a new oven stay away from this product.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Purchased a French door refrigerator which was delivered one week ago. It initially worked but the next morning the fridge was warm. Had a Frigidaire repairman who ordered a part, which took four days to arrive. The part did not fix the problem and another part had to be ordered. I will not have a working refrigerator for several more weeks. Frigidaire will not replace the unit until all repair possibilities have been exhausted. I AM EXHAUSTED! I have called customer service every day only to get apologies. I am so frustrated. I cannot review the item but I hope this will help everyone understand the poor customer service. Living without a refrigerator in Florida is a nightmare.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Purchased all new appliances in 2009. Last year the door hinges and the refrigerator broke. Found a good handyman to redesign and replace the hinges. The small burner on my stove turns itself on. Very rude Frigidaire rep says it is not under recall. Odd because the stove was repaired for the same problem under recall in 2009. The appliances are poorly made, customer service is terrible.

Frigidaire Company Information