Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I own five properties and rent them out. I have all Frigidaire appliance packages in all of them and they date back 14 years. They are all running fine. Don’t have any issues with them. The store I purchased from is an exclusive Frigidaire dealer and has been in business for many years. This tells me that the products are well made.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

This stove is great, easy to clean, fast to cook and the best part part is that the material is best of quality. Cooking oven is perfect. Cook, bake and broil just the way it supposed to b. Really love it. Had my stove for five years and still work like the first day. Also it don't burn your pots like other's stoves in my opinion. Frigidaire its the best product they ever made.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I have been using Frigidaire kitchen appliances for the past 25 years and am completely satisfied. Prior to this period, my choice was always Kenmore, which I find had superior quality. However, with the demise of Sears and the brand, Frigidaire is the next best I have found for price, longevity, design and value.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I haven't had the range too long, but so far I am very happy with it. I have used the oven several times without a problem. The range also has a griddle in the middle which operates nicely. I had a hard time setting the temperature on the over, but found out it was very easy. So far, the like the range very much.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

My range was purchased 10 years ago. I had no major issues. But spills penetrate through the seal of the door. There is no access to clean it off. My husband figured out how to undo the hinges and split it open. Even then it doesn't get clean and looks dirty all the time. Also while using recipes the Temperature and time never match. Need to raise it and cook longer than stated. Constantly adjusting.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

We had our unit delivered in our drive way sitting on two broken pallets barely able to stand on their own. If I didn’t get them pulled inside my garage the wind would have taken them over. Needless to say the fridge does not work at all. Is almost November. The repair guy has been here twice to twice replacing parts with no luck. Basically I am screwed is what it sounds like. I have no way to eat and feed my family and keep their medications cool. I have tried several times calling and I get put on hold and eventually they hang up on me. I demand a new fridge. Not waiting more months for parts and continued efforts to get this piece of crap to work.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The $900 refrigerator started giving us problems about 2 months after purchasing (made strange clicking and buzzing sounds and would stop cooling and had to be unplugged and then re-plugged into the outlet a couple of times to get it to start working). Fast forward to the present (5 months after purchasing) and the refrigerator and freezer have stopped working permanently (despite unplugging and re-plugging as originally suggested by Frigidaire customer service). After waiting nearly an hour to speak to a person, I managed to get Frigidaire to arrange for a repairman who told us the compressor was shot and the entire unit would have to be replaced. Learned that Frigidaire and its service partners DO NOT COMMUNICATE after another nearly one hour wait on Frigidaire's customer service number (when I finally got a person, I waited another 20 minutes as the rep called the repair service to confirm what I'd been told).

While the repairman had told me the refrigerator would be replaced, Frigidaire says they will first have to check if parts are available (a compressor and a "heater"). I am now waiting for Frigidaire "Corporate" to reach out to me with details on how they plan to honor their standard 12-month manufacturers' warranty (I should hear back "within 72 hours" according to what I was told by the service rep). We've now been without a refrigerator for over one week without any idea of how long it will take to get this situation resolved. According to other reviews I've read, it may well take over a month!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I purchased a black stainless steels Frigidaire appliance package. 1 yr 5 mo ago 6 months into having these I’ve had to have my refrigerator fixed once. No water or ice was coming out. 7 months later it happened again. Now my dishwasher is leaking and making a knocking noise. The color finish is chipping off. I thought this was a good reputable brand so I didn’t buy the extended warranty but I was wrong! These appliances are junk! I would NOT recommend not even with buying the warranty. If it’s having problems this soon it will keep having problems.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Why 1 star? The fridge is actually quite nice and I would usually give it a high score… So why 1 star? Because we were one of the unlucky ones that received a unit that didn’t work and the customer service to fix this problem was atrocious. I understand companies cannot achieve 100% perfection on their products leaving the factory. I understand things like this happen. I do not understand what happened next on how it was handled. Summary if you don’t want the long read: Bought brand new fridge, didn’t work…We didn’t have a fridge/freezer from September 3rd until August 8th 2021. Lost hundreds of dollars in groceries and to call customer service took over an hour every time except once.

Long version… Here is the timeline of events that I recall to the best of my memory: From day one on August 20th, we noticed something funny. The fridge was freezing some things and the freezer collected frost easy. Things were still working so we were questioning if the fridge just wasn’t as good as the reviews… or do we need to put a ticket in? Made sure all the vents were free like the manual said etc… It did work, but not as well as the dying 12 year old fridge we had hauled away when the new one arrived.

September 3rd: Freezer died completely. This was my first time trying to reach Frigidaire. No customer service on weekends and lucky us this was a long weekend. So, all weekend we got to listen to an alarm on the fridge constantly saying the freezer temp was too high. Ding Ding Ding…Repeat! UGH. September 6th – Got through to Frigidaire on the phone after 1 hour 5 minutes on hold listening to elevator music and advertisements about buying water filters on their web store. OMG SHOOT ME. They could not set up a repair time yet as they had to put the ticket in. They eventually set it up and called us back a couple of days later with the time the repair guy could make it out… and the soonest they could send out a repair person was the week of September 20th. YEA 2 weeks without a freezer and listening to a constant alarm about the freezer being too high a temp!!! Well at least we had a fridge.

September 20th – Repair guy looked at it and said the fan and circuit board was not working. He checked availability of the parts and that was going to be NOV 1st. Night of the 20th the Ice Maker section up in the fridge section stopped working… The melted ice flooded everything. Luckily, we saw it and prevented water damage to our hardwood floor.

September 21st – the fridge portion of the fridge stopped working completely. Repair guy came right out and looked at that problem and determined there was a problem internally that something wasn’t hooked up right at the factory and the fridge was completely unserviceable and needed a complete replacement. We then went about trying to give food away to friends and such as we had a stocked fridge… Ultimately, we estimate over $300 worth of grocery losses due to the fridge not working. On the bright side we could unplug the fridge and not have to listen to the alarm anymore…On the brighter side we did not have to wait until NOV 1st for freezer parts because the fridge was deemed unserviceable… So in a way we were lucky…Maybe? Kinda?

Called Frigidaire again… 45-minute wait and when I got on there was an echo on the line… After about a minute the person said she couldn’t hear me anymore and told me to call back… 1 hour 12 minutes later with the same great music and ads I got through again… They have to put a ticket into the back office which takes 5-10 business days… Translation = 2 weeks in real time. As I complained about this and asked to be patched to someone in the back office the person said something I missed and hung up on me. I actually waited for the stupid questionnaire after the call and gave the lowest rating to the phone agent.

Seriously??? It takes 2 weeks for the back office to look at the notes that their repair guy submitted. Well, hey… 2 more weeks without a fridge. I’m sure if you are reading this you agree 2 weeks without a fridge is totally ok. I mean… who really uses a fridge on a daily basis anyways? Here is an idea for Frigidaire… pay OT to your staff to catch up on 5 days of work. That way the wait time is only zero to 5 days instead of 5 to 10 business days.

I was told to call October 5th if I had not heard back… So on October 5th I called back… 1 hour 31 minutes a joyful elevator music and advertisements about their webstore later a friendly lady answered the phone. I could hear some kids in the background and I have absolutely NO problem with that… She was nice and handled an angry caller (me) very well. YO Frigidaire!!! Hire more stay-at-home moms! It will shorten customers wait times and she got the job done…As well it will give a job to someone that has a very restricted schedule. Dust off your wallets and hire more customer service reps!

The lady told me it was approved on September 30th and the approval was sent to Bad Boys (the dealer we bought from)… Yeah nobody told us. She called bad boys and gave me the reference number. I am still not sure why Bad Boys didn’t call me on September 30th… You know 5 extra days without a fridge is no big deal. Kids can have another bowl of dry cereal.

This next part is not due to Frigidaire, but they should understand if a dealer gets a call on September 30th they are not necessarily delivering the new fridge that day. So, I called Bad Boys after I got off the phone with Frigidaire. They did not have an answer for me or a reason why they did not have an answer for me… but they would get back to me in the next couple of days to arrange a delivery time. 2 more days without a fridge… This is where one starts to contemplate the little things in life… Like “Is black coffee any good???”… “Just because it says refrigerate after opening does it really mean it?”… Did I mention we bought Bad Boys “Gold Warranty” to make sure we were covered well and wouldn’t have to worry about being without a fridge?

October 8th – New replacement fridge arrived. I have no idea how we could have avoided this debacle. We researched fridges and the Gallery one we bought had great reviews. I guess I would probably give it a good review if it worked well and I had no problems. The actual layout of the fridge and organization is really nice. Nice features… Lots of positive things that could be said on that… But imagine yourself buying an expensive new fridge and then from September 3rd through October 8th you didn’t have a fridge/freezer and you lost hundreds in food. What review rating would you give? All and all you will be happy with the fridge IF nothing goes wrong with it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

We purchased our stove on 7/29/21 and it was delivered and installed by 8/12/21. Used twice and the control panel shut off when I was using the air fryer! So far two service calls have been made and the stove is still not fixed. First service call was on 9/13. Technician didn't have parts and they needed to be ordered. Second time he came on 10/4, replaced the parts and it still didn't work. He suggested we talk to the electrician that did the wiring.

Our electrician came out today and everything was good with the electric to the stove. SOOOO, I had to call Frigidaire again to schedule another service call. It's absolutely impossible to get through to customer service and when I did, I asked to speak with a manager and she hung up on me! So I called back and waited on hold again only to be told that the stove will not be replaced until deemed unrepairable! Again, I asked to speak with management and told, I would get a call back in 1-2 days. My next appointment to have the technician come to the house is 10/14!!! It's 10/5/21 and I still have no resolution for my $1800 oven! We basically got a lemon and Frigidaire isn't willing to step up and honor their commitment to good service.

Frigidaire Company Information