Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

613 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

We have had many Frigidaire products over the years. Not sure what happened to them, but they are certainly not what they used to be. Our latest... a new Frigidaire dishwasher, the master control board failed at 2 years and one month, just past warranty. And their service? Was a huge fail! They did not care. It was clearly a manufacturing quality control problem for that to fail. But the response from Frigidaire was they did not care. And, they had no interest in taking the machine or board back to see what went wrong with it (despite our offer). It was like they knew there was a problem... but they just did not care. So, we replaced it with an American made Whirlpool, and will do the same with the fridge and freezer. And we will never go back to Frigidaire again. For others, I recommend you research your purchases carefully.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Have had issue with Frigidaire gallery, food in the top compartment freezes! After many phone calls, numerous service calls, parts replaced, their solution is to move shelves around! Wasted way too much time trying to resolve this issue. I was actually told by someone on phone at some point that "things do freeze on top shelf"???? Would not recommend their appliances. Problem started under original warranty and I stupidly purchased another 2 yr contract. Waste of money.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I purchased all new appliances for our kitchen 3 years ago. We bought the professional series 2 door refrigerator with the bottom freezer, the professional dishwasher, the professional cooktop, the professional double oven and the gallery convection/microwave with the ventless hood.. We have had continual issues with the double oven model number fpet3077rfa. Initial install the motherboard and fans burned and almost caught our house on fire. Then we used the self cleaning mode a few months later and the upper oven had several failures and took over 2 months to get it properly repaired. Now both ovens do not cook food evenly. The back half will be burned and the front half will not be fully cooked.

Two weeks ago our convection/microwave model number fgmv154clfa completely stopped working. It is not the breaker and there is power to the unit. We have called a service company but they are two weeks out before they can make it here. Our refrigerator is making strange noises and with all we have had to deal with it is overwhelming. We spent a lot of money getting what we thought was quality, top of the line appliances that would last us 10 years plus and they have been problems since day 1. We will not purchase Frigidaire products again.

C.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I bought a stainless steel refrigerator and a stainless steel stove from Frigidaire July of 2016. The fridge won't cool the freezer or fridge section. The stove you have to use a lighter to light the stove. Pilots won't stay lit. Called Frigidaire and all I got was, "Oh too bad." Had to go and purchase a new fridge. I wouldn't recommend Frigidaire to anyone.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Bought a refrigerator from Frigidaire, only had the product since June 5, 2019. Here it is July 26, 2019 and I find rust on the front doors of the product. I called and get told that “rust isn’t covered under warranty”, are you freaking kidding me!!!! Well, looks like I’ll never buy Frigidaire products again. By the way, since when does stainless steel rust in the first place???? Sounds like some shady BS going on..

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: July 23, 2019

Frigidaire will not honor the one year manufacturer's warranty. They will drag their feet on the repair, send multiple repair specialists out, claim to never receive photos and finally just stop taking your calls.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I purchased dehumidifier in 2017, used for that summer and 2018. Turned on in 2019 and found that refrigerant had leaked out, due to rust all over evaporator coil. This explained a reddish color in water when I dumped the tank. I didn't see the rust until I removed the back cover to inspect. I contacted Customer Service. They send a form and instructions to complete for unit replacement. I complied, but it's been 50 days and response. This unit was obviously rusting from the day I purchased. I've seen other complaints with pictures showing the exact same issue that I had. The design is faulty and Frigidaire no doubt knows this, but assumes it will be out of warranty by the time it totally fails. This was the last Frigidaire product I will ever own. Buyer beware! If you do take a chance, you should probably remove whatever covers you can and inspect as soon as you get it home.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I have bought 2 of the Frigidaire 50 pint dehumidifiers. The first failed within the warranty period and Frigidaire/Electrolux provided a refund for the purchase price excluding shipping and tax. I thought it was a fluke, so I bought another unit. This time I purchased from Amazon. After 11 months, the unit failed. Still within warranty. The specific product warranty is for 1 year and was validated by the Frigidaire support. The warranty also states 3 to 5 days for processing. I followed the exact protocol to file the claim for which they said they would send out a new unit. Nearly three months later, they still will not validate that a replacement will be sent.

The company is specifically denying my warranty claim, by simply not responding to the claim. I have called many time for which they state "it is in processing". I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. After which, Frigidaire called and said, "Your claim is now being processed." (Just so they could close the BBB claim). That was three weeks ago, and still no action.

I would not recommend their products and certainly not their ability or willingness to stand behind there products. This is likely a failing business unit under poor management. Why else would they subject themselves to this kind of censure and scrutiny. Next I will be filing a claim in small claims court... which will be a guaranteed win for me and expensive for Frigidaire.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I'm selling my house and got an offer, the buyer's inspector finds my Frigidaire stove has a recall, haven't been fixed. And this fixing was put in that 1 week offer as a condition. When I call Frigidaire, they tell me to post the parts and later arrange the service, and 24 hours later there'd be an automatic email send to me. I told buyer's side that we will provide the email for them to delete the condition. But several days later I haven't got this email. I called back but they said they dispatch the recall request to a service company but failed to tell me, and no email at all. "Why not tell me? I told you it's an important email for me." "Because it's a mistake!" I'm not happy so I want to complain. But the lady just said, "If you don't have other things to help hope you have a good day," and hang up the phone! It's worst customer service I ever have!

Original review: July 3, 2019

I bought a fridge with an ice maker in the fridge. For the first 8 months the ice maker made 120 to 150 small cubes of ice daily and worked to my satisfaction. Then the ice production dropped to about 40 to 50 cubes daily. After almost a dozen service calls the unit was replaced with a new fridge. For about 8 months the second unit worked as described in the manual making 120 to 150 small cubes in a 24 hour period. Again the ice production dropped to 30 to 40 cubes daily. This time after 3 service calls from 2 different companies I was told by Frigidaire that the unit is working properly and the ice maker is only a convenience and they have left me hanging with an ice maker that does not produce ice. The technician that came out said the ice maker temp was 28 degrees and too warm. Should be 9 degrees. Frigidaire tech support said it is working properly so I got hung out with nothing.

I wrote the CEO Mr. Shaw and his assistant called me and said nothing they can do and Mr. Shaw does not even know there is an issue because he gets screened from everything. I will never purchase another Frigidaire product. A friend has the same unit with the same issue. There is a design flaw but instead of making good on it Frigidaire changed the specs and now it makes 30 to 40 ice cubes daily.

Frigidaire Company Information