1.11/5

552 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Purchased a brand new Frigidaire Gallery series stainless steel electric convection double oven free-standing range and matching above stove, wall mounted microwave. At first all was well. Within a week of the purchase, discovered the convection oven fan was very loud and noisy. (Sounds like loose marbles moving around) Contacted the dealer whom I purchased both appliances from, who is a factory authorized service provider. In the three visits that followed, the technician replaced the convection fan blade twice and the fan motor once with no change or resolution. I was then told by the technician, who spoke with factory tech support personnel, that the noise was considered normal and there is no resolution needed.

Then after 2 1/2 months, the quick preheat system for the ovens, began to fail and not operate correctly. After turning on the quick preheat function and setting the temperature, the audible indicator and visual indicator on the console would activate, showing the oven was pre-heated to the set baking temperature (425 degrees) within 2 1/2-3 minutes. The actual oven temp was between 150-175 degrees.

Note: the quick preheat function is a feature that allows reduced oven preheat times to obtain the operators set temperature, on high efficiency electric ovens. This feature turns on all the elements simultaneously in the selected oven, to reduce the preheat time by approximately 1/3 the time it would take if using the "bake" feature to preheat the oven. Example; preheat to 425 deg. Using the "bake" function-17-20 minutes. Preheat to 425 degrees using "quick preheat" function-6-8 minutes.

Again contacted the dealer and scheduled a service call. A few days later, the technician arrived and tested the oven. He then told me that this feature was a "Gimmick" and a non-functional feature, placed by the manufacture to help sell appliance, since more buttons sells more appliance. I told the tech if this is true, then the manufacture could be sued for false advertising, plus the feature operated correctly for the first 2 1/2 months. The tech then contacted the factory tech support, who instructed him to performed a few test to determine the issue.

After he completed the testing, it was determined by the factory tech support, that the consoles touch-panel with control board was defective and needed replaced. The tech ordered the replacement board and returned a week later and installed the new replacement board, all the while insisting the feature was a "Gimmick". After replacing the control board, the service tech would not test the operation of the quick preheat function, as he still believed it was a "Gimmick" and would never work. After the tech departed, I tested the quick pre-heat function multiple times over the next few days. The function operated correctly on the very first time only, and never operated correctly again.

I contacted the supervisor of the entire appliance department from the dealer, whom I purchased the oven from. To my surprise, the department supervisor told me the same response as the technician! It is just a "Gimmick". I then contacted Frigidaire factory customer service and requested a different service provider and scheduled another service call.

After waiting two (2) more weeks, the second service providers technician performed test, trouble-shot and diagnosed the failed quick pre-heat function with the help of a factory tech support person via phone. The conclusion by the factory tech support person, was the main control panel w/ control board had failed again and was most likely damaged by a failed relay control board, located on the lower back of the oven. The technician on site then ordered new replacement boards as instructed by the factory.

After waiting another two weeks, the service technician returned and replaced both control boards as instructed, then operated the quick preheat function. No change! The function failed in the same way as before. The technician called the factory tech support and spoke with four (4) different tech agents. Three of the four did not even know how the quick preheat system operated. One of the three agents told the technician the quick preheat only operates for two (2) minutes and the oven temp should only be around 200 degrees, but that the food should be added and to set the cook time to the amount of time as prescribed on the package or recipe. That agent also said the oven can take up to 45 minutes to preheat!

The fourth agent agreed with the service technician on site, that there was an issue that was beyond tech supports ability and that the factory engineering department would be contacted to determine the next step to either repair or replace the range. The technician was told by the factory tech support person that they would call the service tech within one hour with instruction.

That has yet to happen. I have contacted Frigidaire over 20 times, filed two (2) complaints (one with the Better Business Bureau and the Pennsylvania attorney generals office of consumer complaints) and still no results. Almost every time I contact Frigidaire customer service, they do not have all the information or up-to-date information and I have to explain the situation again and again. I have also contacted the service provider, who has told me he is still waiting for an answer from Frigidaire tech support. When the service provider calls the factory tech support, they are told that tech support will call the service provider, once engineering has determined the next step.

I have been waiting three (3) months to have this resolved, and I'm still waiting. I was just contacted today by Frigidaire customer service, who told me they received an email response from engineering for the issue. Frigidaire engineering has stated the oven is working correctly and that the case will be closed. When I asked, "How can I determine the amount of cook time is needed, when the oven temp is unknown at the time the audible indicator activates?" No answer was given.

I have also sent an email to Frigidaire's CEO email and received a call from a representative of his office, who would not offer to help at all. I have found that the quality of Frigidaire products to be sub-standard and the integrity of the company to be even worse. They manufacture a horrible product and have no intention of taking care of the customer. The Frigidaire warranty is not even as good as the paper it was written on. I would recommend all people interested in purchasing any appliance, steer clear of Frigidaire and their parent company Electrolux. I'm currently in contact with the owner of the dealer from whom I purchased the range from, who is currently in touch with someone of authority at Frigidaire to try to acquire a full refund as I have requested.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We purchased a matching set of Frigidaire Professional refrigerator, stove and dishwasher a few years ago. All are very noisy, but not consistently. This occurs on all 3 devices where it will simply start to make a humming or buzzing sound - sometimes soft and sometimes loud. At times almost a grinding sound. Granted some devices make sounds as part of the normal functioning, but this does not seem normal at all. I would never buy their products again.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Purchased a brand new fridge 5 months ago. Unit stop keeping the fridge cool. Called in for a repair which did take some time to get through their stupid automated system and finally got a human to talk to. They scheduled the appt with a local repairman who came out days later... YUP it’s not bad enough you lose all your food. You have to live without a fridge for additional days. Repairman did whatever to the fridge and left. Now it's 10 days later and the same issue happened. Throwing all the food out AGAIN. HUNDREDS of dollars in food spoilage for yet another repair. Had to call in again and put up with the stupid automated machine to get a human. Scheduled yet another repair and had to wait for days to arrive...but wait, the repair guy calls and says he can’t get out there and it will be additional days before he can repair the fridge.

Called Frigidaire yet again and of course put up with the stupid automated system to get a human on the phone. Now scheduling another appt with another repairman for today (4 days later) waited, waited waited...8-12 goes by and nobody. I called to find out what’s what and believe it or not... the order never got placed with the repairman. On the phone for 1 hour and 15 minutes fighting with reps and managers of Frigidaire to get the fridge fixed to only get "I’m sorry for the inconvenience". Got so pissed off I called the repairman who fixed it originally and is coming out tomorrow. BUYER BEWARE! A $500.00 fridge has cost me a ton of aggravation, lost a day off of work, my tenants lost 2 full fridges of food and a half day off of work and had to live out of coolers off and on for 2 weeks. FIND A BETTER PRODUCT - Frigidaire shame on you for treating your customers like this. I will never buy another product from you!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Let's just start off with, dont even bother with this company! I purchased a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator less than 4 years ago, and I have had NOTHING but problems! A week after the 1 year factory warranty was up my refrigerator stopped working, I lost all of the food in it. A week later it was finally fix, only to have it break again a month later! Then it was great for about 2 years... And THEN my freezer side broke, it literally just stopped working, first the ice maker, then the food wasn't freezing, then it was just done. LOST ALL OF MY FREEZER FOOD, AND IT WAS SO PACKED...ugh.

Called to get it fixed, AND of course my extended warranty that I purchased after the factory one expired was already done. So yep...less than 4 years 3-4 different issues needing to be fixed, not ok. I called the company, of course they couldn't do anything to help me. I emailed back and forth with the company and they said "they can't guarantee their products after the factory warranty is up, things cant last forever". Yeah ok... So basically I'm done with this company, hopefully everyone starts to realize soon as well! A large expensive appliance should definitely last longer then theirs do.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

DO NOT BUY FROM FRIGIDAIRE. I bought this refrigerator last year about 4 months before the 1 year warranty expired. My refrigerator got a crack on the floor; Frigidaire send a company to taped, they drill a nasty hole next to the crack without my permission. For whatever reason they did they never got my authorization, then the tape came off a few days later after was applied. That’s when I saw the hole next to the crack, Frigidaire offer to send another company for a second opinion. The company came and told me was unrepairable.

I call again and they said that they were sending other companies. They schedule me about 6 times holding my time for 5 hours every time. I called Frigidaire and spent minutes on the phone explain every representative the same issue. They all reschedule me, no one shows up. No one ever fix or replace my fridge. Even one of the companies they sent out told me that Frigidaire was one of the most awful companies to deal while you have an issue, they stated that is just a cosmetic problem and isn’t affecting the function of the refrigerator. Now I stuck here with this suite of appliances from Frigidaire with a hole, a crack and a tape sticking off my Refrigerator. If I ever knew this I WILL NEVER BUY FROM FRIGIDAIRE AND OF COURSE I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I received a defective refrigerator (loud noise, ice maker doesn’t work, doors don’t line up correctly). Was on phone 45 minutes with customer service, got disconnected twice, had to go back through voicemail, re-enter all my information. What happened to this brand?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchase a Frigidaire Professional Fridge that has given my nothing but problems for the 4 years! I called my extended “warranty” company once or even twice a year for the same issue. Today my “warranty” company Consumer Priority Service told me that they can not help me anymore because I exceeded the amount on the Fridge to be fixed. They told me to call Frigidaire. Which I did and they told me since I passed the “one” year manufacture warranty they can’t do anything. But they have since that I have had issues in the past. She told me that I would have to call a service company to fix it. And if I need a part they will give me 30% off. What is 30%? They won’t even pay for the service call, which I have to call. They can’t even do that. They don’t stand by their brand or products. They sold me a lemon and they are not even taking responsibility for it. This is the last time I will ever buy from this company.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I bought a set of products including dishwasher, fridge and stove from Frigidaire. Purchase about 2 years ago. Fridge is bottom freezer, the bottom piece plastic is broke off, the ice machine works about 50/50. The dishwasher has rusted out, the stove is holding up well as well as the mic. I would not recommend the products. I will stick to Samsung or GE.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I bought a home with all Frigidaire appliances in it, the first month after moving into this only 1 year old home, the oven needs a new element. Ok so that was $350 thinking this was a fluke and bad luck. The ice maker is crap not only does it not make enough for a family but it always has random styrofoam balls among the ice cubes that you can't see until they float to the top in your drink. Ok so that was minor but then the lights all go off inside the fridge and freezer. We call to let them bill us for a $46 light they say maybe the issue since they work like LED Christmas lights (when one goes off they all go off). We replace one at a time thinking it would light up but nope the whole fridge starts to die. Not keeping temp. Now 2 boards are blown and $565 later after repair tech came out it works but the ice maker is still crap!!! Not working at all. Stay far away friends from the Frigidaire Brand made by Whirlpool.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Purchased in 2011 all Professional Series Appliances from Frigidaire in my new home: Refrigerator Model FPHB2099LF5 Ice Maker failed under extended services warranty and was replaced. Ice Maker replacement never really performed well and I had quality issues with its performance. The ice maker ultimately destroyed my refrigerator as it froze, caused leaking in the bottom of my freezer and literally iced through the REAR of the refrigerator causing it to Rust, build up ICE and leak, it cause water damage to my subfloor and my tile kitchen floor was destroyed.

I got ZERO response from Frigidaire Product Managers on File ** after requesting something in writing on what caused this problem. The refrigerator literally ICE through the REAR and had a giant rust spot. Customer Service basically said product managers would not respond and put it back on the service technician who said there's no remediation. It's a defective product and poorly engineered in my opinion. All you get is it's out of Warranty!

3 days earlier I tossed the Professional Series Dishwasher because it failed to start, some keypad buttons wouldn't work, the interior racks had all rusted through the coatings. The silverware holder had holes all over it. I've Serviced my professional Series Microwave as it's failed. It's working well now. My Professional Series double wall oven doesn't cook evenly when both oven are running. The bottom always takes longer to cook at the same temperature. I have problems with the racks falling in both ovens when putting 15-25 lb turkey or higher weight items on them. The top oven bottom looks like it's buckling. The issue with the racks could be related if we did a self clean with the racks still in it. I can't see how a self clean would cause that much of an issue with the size shelves.

Frigidaire Company Information