Frigidaire

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchase Frigidaire Gallery appliances in 2013 and did not purchase the extended warranty. I assume the appliances will go bad, my new shove of 4 years died, my refrigerator of 4 years got a ticking noise coming from it, don't know how long my dishwasher will last, don't use it every day like my other appliances. I would advised DO NOT BUY THESE PRODUCTS, THEY ARE NOT GOOD. Frigidaire knows this, that is why they will push customers to purchase a warranty. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM FRIGIDAIRE. Also I called customer service, and was told I should have purchase that warranty, so this tells me that is making substandard products, and not only do they make money on the product, they are making it on the warranties as well. Shame on you Frigidaire.

Purchased a Frigidaire dishwasher in November 2016 but it was defective right off the bat. Water was not flowing into the unit. Waited for a serviceman who said it needed a valve, waited over 10 days for the part to arrive. Another "certified" repairman came to install but that was not the problem. He said a switch had not been turned to its proper position. Began using the dishwasher but on February 25, 2017 I started the dishwasher and left the house only to return to find the door of the dishwasher open, the floor wet and the electronic starter on my cooktop clicking. At some point in the cycle the door blew open. The force was great enough to spray water 6' to the cooktop.

I grew up with Frigidaire products that my parents trusted and got great service but that was 50 years ago. The product today is substandard and it seems Customer Service really doesn't care. I wish I had read the online reviews before my purchase but I trusted the product. Needless to say I will never purchase another Frigidaire ANYTHING and I will discourage anyone else to do the same.

Customer service nightmare. I purchased all new kitchen appliances from Frigidaire back in October. My microwave has broken twice. That is not the good part though. They sent someone out to reinstall the new one and they told me that the screws didn't match up so they could not install it. This was 5 weeks ago. They gave me numbers to call. No one calls me back. I have had to contact Frigidaire who also offers no advice. The truth is that the nuts on top of the microwave are not attached and rolling around loose in the machine. So there is nothing for the bolts to screw into.

I have explained this again and again and nobody there understands what nuts are or the purpose of them. Frigidaire cannot wrap their brains around that and keep telling me there is nothing more that they can do. I have had a defective microwave in my kitchen since. Now the imbeciles refuse to call or email me back. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE A POINT OF TELLING EVERYONE TO BEWARE.

Do not buy Frigidaire - Period. Warranty support is rigid and un-workable. My $250 de-humidifier failed after seven months, with a bad circuit board (top). To replace the unit, Frigidaire wanted me to drive out of town to a small country location to exchange the defective unit for a replacement. Frigidaire did not provide any assistance beyond that. Note: I live in a 250,000 city/county (Greenville).

I repeatedly called to complain regarding the insanity and they finally gave me a "special" 2nd choice. I could send a certified letter (folks, this costs money, right? How is that warranty support?) with their informational requirements to Charlotte, NC. They expressed no concern regarding how to dispose of a portable unit with refrigerant (not environmentally friendly) but left it with me. I quit using profanity about two years back but this issue brings me close to "NOT".

Please get this - I did everything - even offered to give a credit card for a purchase/return transaction. 90% of vendors allow transactions like this. Nope - not Frigidaire. In my opinion, they just hate their customers with a happy smile. You'll hear repeatedly... "our policy" ad nauseam. So, readers... today, I certify that I will no longer buy anything Frigidaire, period. Will not, will not, will not. And after telling them I would be posting something truthful like this, they still didn't care.

We purchased an entire kitchen (Gallery series) and are very disappointed in what we purchased. The dishwasher is not cleaning so need to wash by hand. The stove is terrible. Just seems if you set a pot on it it will scratch very easy. Hard to keep clean. Ice maker jams all the time and had to replace filter 4 times already and we only use the maker once a day. I will not recommend these and when shopping I will make it a point to go by the appliance dept and let people know how bad these are.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in Oct 14 for my man cave. The reason was for the ice. The ice maker has frozen up on me 3 times, April 15 (under warranty), April 16 and the last time December 16. I paid to have it repaired in April 16. So after the third time I thought I would try the factory again, yea right. Was just told that it is not unusual for this to happen and as far as they were concerned, the product is out of warranty. We have a GE Profile at the house that is approximately 9 years old and have never had a problem. I need the ice so I think I will go get another GE refrigerator and set this one on the curb with a FREE sign on it. I will also start telling everyone I know or don't know, as I walk down the aisle at Lowe's, that you really don't want to be purchasing this product because if you read the other reviews, Frigidaire should be recalling this model of refrigerator.

I bought three brand new appliances, Gas Oven, Side-by-Side Fridge and Dishwasher at the same time. Oven keeps breaking down and all I get from them is asking me to buy an extended warranty. The OVEN is obviously defective and I am sure the president of the company wouldn't feel good knowing that customers are being handled so shabbily or then again, maybe this is coming from the higher ups! However numerous attempts to customer service to get them to repair the oven at their expense is only met with high sales pitch for extended warranty.

I purchased a FRIGIDAIRE GALLERY, which included dishwasher, microwave, stove, oven, washer and dryer, at the end of 2012. The refer was about $2000. The ice maker started leaking. I took it apart and found the small ice tray inside the maker was cracked which allowed the water to overflow into the ice below and cause a blockage. I attempted to purchase the tray. What a fiasco. After wasting an entire morning working and searching for this part, I finally got through to the company. I was told that I am unable to purchase the $2.00 plastic ice tray separately, like LG and Samsung allow you to do. I need to replace the entire ice maker. I AM TOTALLY PISSED. The ice maker is $110.00 and the tray is $2.00. What a piece of crap. I will never purchase another FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCT EVER.

Wow, where do I start? Six years ago, we renovated a house and bought all new appliances. Lowe's was having a sale on Frigidaire, so we chose all Frigidaire appliances (refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer). Almost immediately, we had a strange issue with the refrigerator. If you put items, i.e., sodas, on the bottom shelf, you can't open one of the crisper drawers. The weight of the sodas pushes down and prevents the drawer from sliding. Very poor design.

About a year after the purchase, the dishwasher stopped working. We called out the repairman and the motor had gone bad. He said there was a series of motors that were bad and Frigidaire replaced the part for free but we still had to pay for labor. Also, it takes a long time for the stove to preheat. It takes 20 minutes to pre-heat to cook a pizza for 20 minutes. It is quicker to have a pizza delivered!

Year three, the dryer stopped working. The main circuit board was burnt up. We were told it was not worth fixing and we had to buy another dryer. (We did not buy a Frigidaire). Now we are on year six. The clear coating that stops fingerprints on the stainless steel is wearing off both the microwave and refrigerator. This looks terrible. So, when we spend $3000 on appliances, we expect them to last more than 6 years. We are now faced with the thought that we will have to replace everything again. Poor design, unreliable, poor longevity, and looks terrible after a few years. We will never buy another Frigidaire product.

We purchased a Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator six years ago from Howards. It cost us over $2000. In October 2016, it stopped cooling and freezing and we first noticed an SYCF code. We called Frigidaire and were told to order the control board which sits behind the ice maker. The part was ordered on Nov 6 and came after Thanksgiving! I was so mad and when I called Frigidaire, they refunded us for this part because it took over three weeks to get. This control board didn't fix the issue, so we called them back. It was recommended that we call a certified technician on their list. I contacted Riddle after speaking with Frigidaire. They're a certified repair service for Frigidaire. I called on Tuesday, Jan 3 in the morning and their technician, Ben, showed up that afternoon.

After 15 minutes, he diagnosed the problem is that the switch board with two 5 amp fuses needed to be replaced. He said that he would call the following day to give me a price for the service and labor. For the 20 minutes he was here, it was a $79.00 service charge. I received a call from Ben the following morning at 10:00 a.m. stating that the cost would be $629.20 because he would replace the switch board (that he diagnosed the day before) and the main control board (below the refrigerator). I said THREE times that "you're charging me for the main control board based on an assumption you have that it won't work because the switch board doesn't work." I said that isn't right since he didn't diagnose or test the main control board to see if it needed to be replaced. He is basically charging me for a product that may not be broken.

The original cost was around $350 and now with this new bogus main control board, it totaled $629.20. AVOID USING RIDDLE who is suppose to be certified repair company for Frigidaire. I called Frigidaire and explained my experience with Riddle and ordered the "main control board." The rep I spoke to pulled up the specs for this model and I clearly stated it's the control board which sits behind the fridge, at the top left. I confirmed THREE times because he kept calling it something else. He assured me that it was the right item. About 7 business days later, I received the item and guess what? It was wrong.

I called and spoke to Juanique, corporate manager on Jan 12, 2017 (remember, our fridge has been broken since October 2016) and she returned the incorrect item and shipped out the right part. She gave me 20% off and free ground shipping because of all my issues. As we waited for the part, we decided to buy a new fridge to avoid all the headache and future issues with this refrigerator.

On 2/1/17, I called and requested an RMA number. It took over 10 minutes because the rep (April) could not locate the order. Their system is absolutely ancient and wastes too much time for the consumer. My experience with this location has been NEGATIVE. The customer service reps need more training, attitude adjustments. The two managers I spoke to were very helpful and actually fixed the problems created by their employees. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE GALLERY FRENCH DOOR refrigerator (model #FGHB2844LF1). The ice maker broke two years into the purchase. We didn't fix it since we have a U-Line ice maker.

I purchased a Frigidaire Professional Refrigerator in Aug 2015. Since then, I have had the same issue over and over again. The bottom ice maker will work once it is replaced for about a day or two then it stops. This is still going on today 01/30/2017. They have made several major repairs to the unit. Nothing has worked 100%. All the company seems to want to do is replace the bottom ice maker. It is clear that the issue isn't the ice maker. A tech just came out this past Monday and replaced the compressor in the refrigerator and he put a new ice maker in as well. After 1 day, the ice maker stopped working again. I called the Lowe's warranty department and they said unless a repairman deems the unit irreparable the ice maker doesn't qualify us for a replacement. It was on factory warranty for 1 year. They also told me that those repairs do not count under the extended warranty. So it is like starting over all over again.

My husband believes that they are trying to ride this out until we either give up or the warranty runs out. The current repair company has been out 6 times and 7 will be Monday 02/06/2017. Based on the information I have received from the repair company they have not gotten paid because the issue still exist. I have no control over that. I have been in constant contact with the repair company talking with them concerning this issue. I have been very cooperative and understanding. This whole issue is way out of control and the company doesn't seem to care about the customers or the products that they sell.

I would never purchase another Frigidaire Product again. This one was my first. It will certainly be my last. I have been very unhappy and dissatisfied with the product's performance and the customer service. I would very much like for an attorney to contact me over this issue.

Bought all new Frigidaire appliances for new house in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Right away the refrigerator broke, making the freezer side super cold and the refrigerator side hot. Model number is FGHC2345LF. Fred's Appliance (supplier we bought from) fixed it. This is a vacation home, so we are not there very much. Next time we came out, the same problem. Fred's fixed it again (allegedly). This happened 3 more times, for a total of 5 repairs for the same thing, under warranty. They claim they replaced mechanical parts, electrical wiring, circuit boards, etc.

Of course, as soon as the warranty expired, the same problem reoccurred and both Frigidaire and Fred's Appliance told us to start paying if we wanted it fixed. Paid $583 to repair it. A year later, it's broken again. Now they are saying its my fault because we don't use it enough! Seriously! They say it has "electrolysis" because I'm not there with it. We leave the house at 55 degrees in the winter when we're not there, and never over 80 in the summer. These are not extreme operating temperatures. Why doesn't the state attorney generals step in? I am going to request assistance from the Idaho BBB and State Attorney General.

Purchased $1700+ refrigerator in March 2016. July 2016: ice maker stopped working; repaired via Frigidaire warranty; worked approximately 2 days then broke again. This has been the pattern; a noise will start, the ice maker stops working, repair person comes out in a week, fixes, works for a little while then breaks again. So far the ice maker and seals have been replaced 6 times. The thermostat has been replaced once. The seals had to be replaced again as frost was forming in my refrigerator near the ice maker. A seal in the actual ice dispenser in door had to be replaced. It has been on and on. Lowe's will do nothing. Frigidaire says as long as it can be repaired, they will repair it. So I buy a new refrigerator and I don't get what I paid for. I get, instead a "refrigerator" that breaks on average every 1.5 months. Phone call after phone call. Lowe's response is that while it's under Frigidaire warranty, they (Lowe's) will do nothing.

18 months ago we purchased a Kenmore Laundry center, model 970L97422F0, that was made Frigidaire. The washer DOES NOT fill with enough water to do the cleaning. More often than not there are dry spots. We had the repairman out twice and his only solution for the problem was to add a pail of water before starting the machine, so to trick it to think that the weight was more. Also it is the nosiest washer we have ever owned!! It sounds like a cement mixer when it is running. Phone calls to Sears and Frigidaire go unanswered. The last email I sent to them, over two weeks ago, only received an automatic response saying someone would be back to me within 24 hours - you guessed it, they didn't reply.

Purchased a new 18 cu ft refrigerator on 2/25/16. This week my bottom door handle broke off my door. I am 63 and live alone so no misuse. Called customer service to get it repaired. Said the handle would cost me $51.00. I could not believe that this is the quality that they are selling. Will never purchase their products again.

I bought 4 pc Frigidaire appliance because they had the 200 dollar rebate on it. I mailed the paperwork and waited 3 months and now when I call they said my paperwork was not correct and they cannot do anything. They did not call back or wrote any messages because rebate expired. I told them I have all proof of purchase charges on my acct Visa. Appliance was delivery confirmation, that is also proof. But they were very rude and I was helpless, lost my 200 dollar. I will not buy Frigidaire in my life.

Purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator from Lowe's in April 2016. Since then we have had the repairman out five times. First three times fridge made loud clicking noises, still does, was told it was normal even though we know better. Now for two times in a week, freezer went out. We are out $250 in food and no one cares. All he did was put a Styrofoam piece in fridge to regulate air, worked for less than a week. Got home from food shopping freezer is thawed out again. Cannot come out till Monday. We are told Frigidaire knows this model is a lemon but they continue to sell them as we are told because they have a warehouse full of them. Why would Lowe's continue to sell these models knowing they are bad? Whatever happened to standing behind your product? I guess making money selling bad products is Frigidaire's way of doing business these days... Buyer be warned.

2 years ago we purchased 3 Frigidaire appliances, their French doors fridge model FPHB2899PF2, their gas slide in range and their dishwasher all in the "Professional" series. At the one year mark the dishwasher broke down and required replacement parts that Electrolux was aware of. The oven racks (3) are all approximately 1/4 inch too small. So when you put almost any weight on them they fall to the bottom of the oven. Best yet just shy of the 2 year mark the door ice maker died. We called Electrolux service who directed us to our local repair company who arrived at our house and spent 4 minutes and $100 to tell us that this particular Frigidaire fridge was garbage and that he has repaired or tried to many in his area. He told us ours was non-repairable.

Long story short we daughter for numerous emails and calls with Electrolux to only end up with a partial credit towards a new purchase which would cover approximately 35% of the replacement cost. At this point we gave up. We did however reach out to Leon's Furniture where we purchased the group only to be totally ignored! Needless to say we spend all of our efforts spreading our message.

I have only used my oven about 3 times and when I turned on the self cleaning oven it damaged my door. I called Frigidaire and they put a claim in and sent out a repairman. The guy said it was cosmetic damage. Well the only thing I did was cook pizza in it and turned on the self clean and my oven is melted on the door and looks awful. Would never recommend this brand to anyone to buy.

I have a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator that isn't working properly and is still under warranty. It has been repaired THREE times with different parts. I haven't been able to adequately store food for over a month. Their customer service is HORRENDOUS!!! I can't seem to get anywhere and now they have scheduled yet another visit from a technician. I have waited at home 5 times now. As soon as they fix this, I am getting rid of the refrigerator and buying another (NOT FRIGIDAIRE). Horrible product.

My washing machine has not worked since early Nov. 2016. Frigidaire has sent two different repair companies. The first one gave up as they were not able to fix it, the second repair company has not been able to figure out what's wrong with it. They tried changing the computer first which did not fix the machine. 2nd they tried changing something with the door which also did not fix the machine. It has been a pattern of trying different things without success. The current repair company has told us that the machine is not repairable and has also told the Frigidaire, but Frigidaire technicians keep insisting on trying different things.

Throughout all this, We have had a total of 5 visits from the repair companies. I had to miss 3 days of work because I have to be home when they go to the home. The second company was able to work on Saturdays, but Frigidaire's technicians are not available on weekend so the repair person can't talk on the phone with them while they look at the machine. I have complained about their process without any success since we still don't have a machine that works. I have spoken with 3 supervisors and one manager and keep getting the same message that their technicians still want to try something else. So they shipped some cables supposedly next day delivery on the week of 12/13 so we set up an appointment on 12/20 for the repair company to show up. The cables never made it to the home so I canceled the appointment with the repair company.

I spoke with Frigidaire and now the cables were going to be deliver on 12/31 so I set another appointment with the repair company on 1/3. The cables never arrived on 12/31 so I canceled another appointment. Now Frigidaire tells me that the cables will not be deliver until 1/6/17. By now we are on two months in with a machine that is supposed be new and does not worked. I was also told by one Frigidaire's support technicians that their notes showed repairs done in 1/16/16 for a similar issue with the door, before I actually moved to the new condo, purchased the condo on 2/16/16 with all new appliances. Unfortunately they are all from Frigidaire and given my current experience with this company I will never purchase and will tell friends to not purchase from this company.

This also means that when the cables actually get delivered I will have to miss a 4th day of work so that the repair person can see the machine. It has been a nightmare dealing with Frigidaire as they are very insensitive to their customer's needs, they seem to not care for their customers as we are now two months in without a working machine. Thank you.

Brand new purchase refrigerator FGHB2866 12/16. Delivered 12/21. Out of the box ice maker does not work! Contacted seller. Told them I want a new refrigerator in working condition - they told me it is not Frigidaire's policy to replace - still to contact frigidaire. Also brand new range - FGGF2058RFC - during operation of the oven the control knobs for the stove top get extremely hot due to vent placement directly underneath knobs - poorly designed - should not have to wear a mitt to turn knobs! Dishwasher DGCD2444SA1A out of the box - dent and scratch lower left hand door panel - not quality control. Products are made in Mexico, China etc. Not USA made. Frigidaire products are junk.

We purchased our new home in 2015 and we bought all new Frigidaire Gallery appliances! This happened less than 2 years ago and we had problem with all of them, microwave broke down 2 months after we moved in, dishwasher 6 months, Frigidaire right after the dishwasher and now our stove exploded. I called the customer service and they told me they can't do nothing! Wanted to talk with the manager, but they told me their manager don't deal with customers, so after 1 hour discussion finally I get a hold of a supervisor who told me if I can prove I not physically damaged they will replace it, so I had to call in my own expense (107$). Their service guy who told me It doesn't look like physically damaged so he will do his reports, but since the report went in they don't answer for my phone calls, and just ignore all my messages! DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCTS! They are lying in about everything and all of their stuff is garbage!!!!

I have had this appliance for nearly a year, Dec. 30, 2015. Due to illness have not got around to voicing my complaints. This unit was highly praised by the sales man at Coast Appliances, Langley. As there are only the 2 of us to wash for I believed this unit would be ideal for space & efficiency. We cleaned & replaced any of the dryer venting before installation. I think I have given the unit a fair run & can say I am totally dissatisfied with its performance.

The dryer will only dry a load on high heavy duty & then it must be full. I cannot dry a smaller load on any setting. Sometimes a small load will take 2 hours to dry. The washer tears clothing, I use tide pods & cleaner as recommended & find that wet clothes often come out with lint stuck to them even a load of delicates that do not contain lint, so I have to sponge lint of many items before I dry them. I also clean the washer & dryer after each load as recommended in the user manual. I am totally disenchanted with this unit that was to be my last washer dryer after 50 plus years of doing laundry. I would not recommend this brand to my friends. Thank you for your attention to, my concerns.

We've only had our $1900 fridge for a year and 6 months. It's broken 3 times. Customer service has been horrible - no help or even friendliness whatsoever. We are very frustrated and disappointed. Will NEVER buy anything Frigidaire again! You'd think they would want to stand behind their product.

I have bought a package deal over a year ago - Fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher. The first week the stove broke. Under warranty but took 2 weeks to get it fixed. As soon as the 1 year warranty is over my fridge is not working. I have a fridge in my garage that I had for 15 yrs and never had a problem. I will never buy a Frigidaire again. As mush as appliances cost they should at least work for 5 yrs not 1.

Went with Frigidaire gallery kitchen appliances, and everything is sub par. Dishwasher has broke twice, fridge also and now the stove quit working the day before Thanksgiving, 2 years old. Will never buy Frigidaire again.

Purchased the group of appliances. Dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and microwave. Junk appliances. Dishwasher stinks and does not barely clean or get warm. Refrigerator top freezer does not shut securely. I have replaced the gasket and that is more junk from Frigidaire. Stove, the oven does not work. Destroyed foil (Reynolds) then oven cleaner does not clean up only leaves more of a mess in bottom. I am soooo disappointed with these appliances. I'm stuck with them now as too much time has passed. I just don't want others to be fooled by the appearance of the Gallery Group. They are junk. I would never buy Frigidaire item again.

We bought a dishwasher and refrigerator 6 months ago at Lowe's. Neither has worked well since we bought them. The dishwasher is on its second repair and I have waited for 2 weeks to get it repaired AGAIN. The refrigerator freezes the food and even when we turn it down it still did it. The ice maker sucks! The ice gets stuck and then we have to clean it out and ice goes everywhere. This happens every couple days. So frustrating!! Neither Lowe's or Frigidaire will take them back. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!!! Very cheaply built and now I'm stuck with these appliances that I don't want. I should have gone with Costco from the very beginning. Their customer service is always excellent. It's unfortunate that we did not read reviews before buying.

Have a two year old Frigidaire dishwasher that stopped working. After speaking to a Frigidaire representative I finally found (or so I thought) the problem. I asked and was assured that the part I needed to order was returnable. After receiving and installing the part it still did not work. Now Frigidaire tells me the part is not returnable. I won't be purchasing anymore Frigidaire or associated products.

Frigidaire Company Profile