Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Reviews

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I purchased my electric range stove in July of 2019. On January 5th 2020 my stove sounded like a bomb going off. The glass exploded out the top burning my son's face and hair destroying my floor, burned my cabinets and destroyed my above range microwave. I have now been told that this is a normal issue and it is a user error because apparently to much heat or something accidentally boiling over can cause this to happen. I was told that you can find this in the user manual that if it gets to hot or something boils over it can do this. I have been searching this manual to find this B.S. of a statement with no such luck. Frigidaire has been the worst company to deal with and for them to tell us that to much heat on the stove and it exploding is a user error is beyond disgusting. I am thankful that my son was not hurt worse and my house did not burn down. I do not recommend Frigidaire to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I purchased this refrigerator in September 2016. The plastic lining, the doors have all cracked due to the cold temperatures. The plastic started cracking within a year of purchase. I previously had a GE for 15 years and never had any problems. This new fridge has plastic pieces hanging off of them and is visibly horrible. I purchased the warranty and they say it is cosmetic so they will not cover. I have called Frigidaire and they want me to purchase new doors. When I asked to escalate they provided me a P.O Box to write a letter in hopes that I would not bother.

I cannot believe that I spent so much money on a horrible product that is cheaply made. We have 4 adults living in our home and expect our fridge to last more than a year. I have a claim currently for my ice maker because it jams, stops working and then drips all along the front side of my fridge. Let's see how that goes. I am writing a letter and I will provide an update if they even respond. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE! They make cheap faulty products and their warranty and service sucks.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

First of all. How the hell does this company have so many stars when every review on here is horrible?? I bought a Frigidaire dishwasher from Lowe’s and I’m going on over 3 months waiting on a part to fix my BRAND NEW dishwasher. Service technician said I need three or four parts for my brand new dishwasher. I have now had a dishwasher Since September 23rd and have never been able to use it. I have spent hours on the phone with these horrible customer service people who do absolutely nothing help and get and attitude when I explain how ridiculous it is to be waiting over three months for a part for my new dishwasher.

Also I called Lowe’s who said I simply need to get a Return Authorization Number from them am they will take the dishwasher back. Frigidaire want me to give them time to see if they can find the part before they will give me the number. Is 3 month not giving them time? I was told today the part is on backorder and they have absolutely no clue when the part will be available. What kind of customer service is that? No ETA. Just sit around for a few months and somebody might make the part I need one day.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Purchased all new Frigidaire appliances with a new home and have nothing but regret in doing so because of inferior quality, The dishwasher leaked causing damage to surrounding cabinets, the Range Oven light burned out after only a few uses and the side by side refrigerator freezes anything and everything on the top shelf of the refrigerator. Called for repair three times in six months. Not only that... Frigidaire refused to payout on a 150.00 rebate. Clearly a company with questionable business practices producing and selling an inferior product line with quality issues!!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

While our Frigidaire FGID2474QF built in dishwasher never cleaned well from the beginning (purchased February 2015), during Christmas week of 2019 it produced an error code i30 and would not stop running until my husband pulled the plug. In checking online we found this is a common complaint the company has not addressed. Based on other owners' feedback and our experience that it never cleaned well, we feel it is not worth trying to repair. I will never purchase a Frigidaire product again. Wish it were possible to give it zero stars!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

In May of this year I purchased one of this refrigerators for use in my own home. It arrived with a cracked fruit/vegetable drawer, and I called to have a new one shipped over. I had to do this twice before I received a drawer that was not cracked before arriving at my home. Recently, one of the 1/2 gallon door bins developed another large crack. This time, calling their customer service I was told that such an issue was outside their warranty terms (since it was not akin to a failed motor, leaking coolant system, etc.). Things like bins, trays, & handles are only covered by a 30-day policy. I was informed that I could order a new bin from them for $42 (plus shipping, I assume).

Overall, I have mixed feelings regarding my experience with this refrigerator & with Frigidaire. The fridge keeps a stable temperature and so does its basic job, but many of the components (drawers, bins) appear to be of poor construction quality as they are made of plastic that is too thin and are therefore brittle. Their warranty policy seems to be specifically designed with this in mind, so as to minimize the company's responsibility for their own penny-pinching.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I just bought a fridge on Black Friday that was delivered to my house the Friday after. After the installation, I noticed the fridge beeping, but I thought that it was due to the fact that it hasn't reached the ideal temperature. During the weekend the fridge didn't stop beeping, even though it reached the temperature. We tried different things that we found on the internet, but nothing worked. On Monday I decided to contact the customer service, and they told me to turn the breaker off and on again. At the time that they ended my call, the fridge wasn't beeping just yet. As soon as I hang up the beep starts again.

I proceed to call the customer service once again and let the representative know all the previous details and she puts me on hold for a brief moment. She then proceeds to give me the number of different companies around me that could service my brand new fridge. When I ask her for the procedure and if it was cover by the manufacturer's warranty, she proceeds to tell me that this was not a functioning issue and that the service should be paid by me.

I have gone to hundreds of internet pages looking for a solution to my problem, but instead, I found tons of people with my same fridge having the same issue as me. Frigidaire sells faulty products that they don't even back up. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Purchase another brand. This website rates them 4+ stars, but these reviews must have been purchased. I'm sending back my fridge and getting another brand. I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN BUY ANY FRIGIDAIRE BRANDED APPLIANCES.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We bought the range 2 years ago and last week I bumped the door on the side with my leg and the glass shattered. Contacted Frigidaire and they told me I would have to buy a replacement part and have it installed because it was considered abuse. Why would it shatter if it was bumped other than a design flaw. I would never buy one again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Hi. I am a Frigidaire owner of many appliances. In August of this year I purchased a refrigerator from Lowe’s. 2 1/2 months later it stopped cooling. Frigidaire sent a repairman who after speaking with their tech department decided there was a leak in the internal hot gas loop which is located on the inside of the unit and could not be replaced so they suggested he put an external part on the back of the unit that would bypass the internal unit. I asked for a replacement refrigerator because it was a makeshift repair on a 2 month old refrigerator. I was told they would not replace it and this was the best they could do. I’m very disappointed with the way this was handled and will now look for a different brand of appliance in the future!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I bought a new Frigidaire dishwasher model FFCD2413UW at Lowes. Biggest mistake ever. Problem one, there is no mention anywhere about the fact that you must buy additional parts to install your dishwasher. This caused two 70 mile round trips. Problem two, The door on this dishwasher has no latch. With no latch to click to open it you must employ brute strength to open it.

Problem 3, once you get this piece of junk open the door won't stay open. The problems here are numerous but the most aggravating is that when you open the door to load the dishwasher and pull the bottom rack out, the door starts shutting on its own sliding the rack back into the dishwasher. I have been employing a brick to hold the door down while I load the dishwasher. Problem 4, I thought my previous dishwasher was loud. This dishwasher drowns out every other noise by a mile. We have been setting it to come on later, it only has one setting for this, 4 hours. So now around 2 am the entire family meets in the kitchen to find out what the racket is about.

Frigidaire Company Information