1.09/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

569 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

What the hell happened to this company? Their customer service sucks. I wish I'd read YELP before buying a Frigidaire Refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher. 3 months after buying my new appliances the fridge stopped working properly. It would fluctuate between being too cold, and not cold enough. First repairman came out and said it could be a number of things, so he ordered them to be delivered to my house and scheduled an appointment. I waited all day with no contact or repairman showing up.

I called in. First I called the serviceman, no answer. Next called Electrolux 844 number and waited on hold for 40 minutes listening to someone telling me the call would be answered by the next, blah, blah, blah. Then I hung up and called back... 20 minutes later they still didn’t answer so I called Frigidaire. A woman answered and told me one part was backordered, and they had attempted to call me Nov. 30th. Well that was a lie...no one called. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was put on hold for another 20 minutes. At that time I hung up and called back.

The next agent said that no one had tried to call. So, now I find out that they knew the part wasn’t available but didn’t attempt to call me... The first woman had lied trying to make the fact that no one showed (when I took the day off) my fault. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor who said they are now attempting to find the part from another supplier and will call me to schedule a time once they locate it. I'll patiently sit here holding my breath. Frigidaire is an inexpensive brand... Now I know why. Spend a little more and get a better product with a company that has better service.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Keeps losing refrigerant. I have had this freezer for 4 and 1/2 years, the tech just left. This is the 3rd time it has needed service, all for the same issue. It has taken 3 to 4 calls before it's “fixed”, at least until next year. Once a year I have to call them, this is just ridiculous, cause they do not want to replace their product. I will not buy another appliance from Frigidaire. It’s sad because it was almost always a good company before Electrolux bought them. Thing is I have a 22 year old Electrolux vacuum that I love.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

When I went to turn the oven on using the control panel it pushed away from the stove as if the glue stopped working - it later sparked and almost caught fire when I tried to turn the oven off. It should not have pulled away the way that it did and now the entire unit will not work. I took picutres and even called/chatted with Frigidaire and they were not able to help me. I requested they send someone to verify this was a defect and they wouldn't even do that. Very disappointed and will likely trash everything Frigidaire given their lack of service and assistance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My Frigidaire gallery dishwasher Model # PLD4375RFC3 Has a control board that failed twice already & on the third time it caught on fire! It is extremely dangerous and from my recent research it seems like it is really a common issue with Frigidaire Dishwasher. Be Aware!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We purchased our slide-in oven in 2010. It's functioning OK. The faceplate on the control panel is de-laminating and looks unsightly. Unfortunately the faceplate comes only as part of the control panel assembly which costs $378. I contacted Frigidaire online and requested if the face plate could be obtained separately and/or if there was any financial assistance they could provide.

Their email declined any financial assistance towards the repair due to the stove being out of warranty and ignored my question about obtaining only the needed faceplate. They suggested I contact customer service which I did and they reiterated that nothing could be done to assist with my issue other than purchase the control panel for $378. Also, the phone number for customer service provided in the email was an automated system that directs you to repair shop based on your zip code. I did eventually find a number for Electrolux Customer Service (888-696-3744) that I did call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Updated on 11/30/2018: Both new fridge and dryer not working and not fixed by last 5 technicians who all say it's normal and report back same so we have two appliances that I am guessing were lemons or used and sold new and not work properly or at all... They waste your time and make you go back to manufacturer and then to appliance technicians... We used two different companies they recommend us and still fridge is noisy and freezes and makes condensation on vegetables causing mold.

I believe the Maytag, Frigidaire, Whirlpool company (all one company) need a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR SELLING DEFECTIVE OR SECOND HAND appliances and giving customers the runaround. They waste your time until your warranty is over and then you are still left with damaged piece of junk. Unfortunately seniors are being fooled by the big name. Our Frigidaire fridge bought at Home Depot is still broken and make lots of noises after 2 months. Our Maytag Dryer bought at Home Depot still broken after 3 months and we are told we can use the working part and ignore other part!!!! Omg!!! Lawsuit is needed!!!!

Original Review: Bought new Frigidaire fridge 1 month after buying Maytag dryer (see earlier review) not realizing it's part of same company including Whirlpool. Fridge is noisy and so loud. It's hard to sleep and talk over it in a small apartment. Noises such as knocking are constantly heard. It also freezes foods like vegetables even on various settings. We lost $100 -$200 groceries over a month due to freezing. Similar to the dryer runaround we have not had it fixed and cant return it.

After being told it's our hearing and nothing is wrong for over a month by Totem Appliance technician we have now moved onto new technician company and waiting for yet another technician. Frigidaire sends us to Home Depot where we bought it and Home Depot sends us back to Frigidaire. The only way they will replace it is if they cannot fix the issue, however if the technician says nothing is wrong then not replaced. So here we are with 2 brand new appliances bought from Home Depot that malfunction and so far nothing is being done to fix it or replace!!! Scam.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I just bought this refrigerator for my 93 year old mom and she can hear the noise that this fridge makes. I just had the technician check it under warranty and said this is the way Frigidaire refrigerators are. I just read the reviews of many of the refrigerators breaking down within 2 years. That is very disturbing.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

This morning I tried to preheat my Frigidaire glass cooktop-oven and it caught on fire. There was a flame that I could see down through the glass cooktop and smoke pouring out of the back. I turned it off and my son reached back, unplugged it, then my husband and son picked it up and carried it outside. They unscrewed the back panel. The stove is definitely ruined! Thursday, November 22, 2018.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a new Frigidaire refrigerator from a company that went out of business a few months later (H.H. Gregg). Within 6 months, we experienced multiple problems (doors would not stay shut, shelves breaking loose from brackets, icemaker malfunctioning). Called Frigidaire just prior to manufacturer warranty expiration; they scheduled a service call from a local repair shop. I stayed home from work to meet them, but they did not show up. It took over 2 weeks for them to find a different local repair shop. Missed work again to meet them; they couldn't fix it without replacement parts. 3rd service call (more missed work), discovered Frigidaire sent defective repair parts! 4th service call (more missed work), they finally gave up and said the appliance was a manufacturer defect and unrepairable.

By this time, the manufacturer warranty had expired, so Frigidaire/Electrolux refused to cover the replacement cost! Same problem it took them weeks to conclude was not repairable. Their incompetence led to the delays past the warranty period. Finally offered to give me a replacement unit if I agreed to pay a $325 shipping and handling charge! Even I agreed to that, they would not guarantee that the new unit would be free of defects. Said I would have to rely on their standard limited warranty for repairs to the second unit. I refused and demanded a full refund, but they wouldn't budge. They even refused to pay the bill for the multiple service calls to try and repair the first piece of junk, until I threatened legal action. Their customer service was beyond terrible. They lied repeatedly and could not communicate within their own company. They did not care about me or my concerns. I will NEVER buy another product from that unethical company!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I have had my range nearly a year. FFEF3051TBC model number and serial number VF73535062. I have had this range for almost a year and the door falls off constantly until it stripes out. 2 small bolts holds the whole door together. I put it back on the first 7 times until it stripped and had to be replaced and took a month and a half to get parts and them to fix it. Worked for almost a month and same things now happened. I put it on 6 times until it stripped out again now and had to order parts again. Was 5 to 6 weeks again before it was fixed. Work for almost 5 weeks.

Now it is broke again about 4 weeks before Thanksgiving and now it’s Tues. And Thanksgiving is Thursday, family coming in and I can’t cook dinner. I have called corporate office many many times they say they have to fix it and only replace if the heat measured isn’t good. Well I have been without the range for 3 months and growing and while it is torn up I am sure it’s not heating right. The bottom is burned and top of food not done. I would never recommend this product to anyone. They try to put it off and off until warranty runs out. I have a new house with a new stove I can hardly use grrr. SO UPSET. I wish I had went with Amman’s product.

Frigidaire Company Information