3.8/5 (703 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Frigidaire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

I recently had this new Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator delivered, when it was delivered I was asked if I planned on hooking up the ice/water dispenser line, and answered "NO", this is relevant to an issue I had with the unit and it will become clear a little later in my review... The fridge started making a loud buzzing noise within a few hours after being plugged in, so I looked through the paperwork that came with the unit to see if there was an explanation for this particular noise... Other noises were explained in the paperwork, but nothing was mentioned about a loud buzzing sound, so I did a Google search using the model number and "buzzing sound coming from my Frigidaire refrigerator" to see if I could find an answer to why it was happening...

Here's what came up, "If your fridge is making a buzzing noise, the evaporator fan motor is likely going bad. The evaporator fan motor circulates air over the coils to help keep things cool inside your fridge. If this motor starts to go bad, it will make a buzzing sound as it struggles to circulate air." I'm immediately concerned that the brand new fridge that was just delivered has an evaporator fan motor that is defective right from the factory, and that my new fridge will eventually stop cooling like it should... This went on for a few days as I tried to do more research on the situation, and yet everything was pointing to the fan motor...

I couldn't believe that this sort of thing could possibly happen, and I began to wonder if it could possibly have anything to do with the water line not being hooked up, and the ice maker still in running mode, I searched the paperwork for an explanation on how to turn off or disable the ice maker if it was not being used and found nothing in the paperwork, I then did a Google search to see if I could find any info online about turning off the ice maker for this model, and once again I found nothing online to tell me how to, or even if the ice maker could be turned off if you chose not to use it...

After several days of listening to this loud buzzing noise, I opened the freezer door, and decided to pull out the ice maker tray assembly to see if there was an on/off switch hidden somewhere... and I didn't find anything but I left the assembly out on the counter for a few days, and the buzzing noise seemed to stop, so I put the tray back in and a few hours later the buzzing sound started again, this told me that it was definitely linked to the ice maker and most likely had to do with the fact that the water line was not hooked up to feed water to the unit...

Again I pull out the tray and search for and off switch, but nothing jumps out at me, I did notice a green light that indicates the power is on to the ice maker, and for whatever reason I decided to press it, even though it clearly does not look like a button, but to my surprise after pushing the green light the light went out, indicating to me that there was no longer power being feed to the ice maker, I put the tray back in and decided to wait and see if the buzzing started up again, much to my surprise it did not start again...

Moral to this story, why didn't the manufacturer include this information in the documentation that came with the new unit, or at least put some type of information out on the internet about the loud buzzing noise that your new fridge will make if you do not hook up the water feed line for the ice maker, and also give specific instructions on how to turn off the ice maker if you do not plan on using it?

Shame on you Frigidaire for not supplying this information in your documentation, or online for the customers that spend a great deal of money on your products and deserve to have all the answers to the questions that they may have after the unit arrives and is plugged in to be used by the customer!!! Overall, I am pleased with this particular model fridge, and the way it functions, now that I have figured out where the buzzing was coming from, and how to actually turn off the ice maker so that the loud buzzing noise would stop!!! Maybe you should consider rewriting the owner's manual and include the information about the loud buzzing noise and how to turn off the ice maker for anyone who chooses not to use it!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator at Lowes. Price, delivery and installation were very good. After the installers left, I found a bag with some parts in it. I figured out what all but one were. Also, I noticed that the refrigerator rolled very easily. This worried me since I have small children in the house sometime. So I called Frigidaire Customer Service (sic). I will not go into the long wait times since I eventually got in. The lady went off and finally returned to tell me she had instructions to lock the wheels and would email them to me. The "extra" part required me to take some photos and email them to her. She would let me know what the part was good for. That was 10 days ago. No instructions and no identification. In short, that's Frigidaire's Customer Service (sic).

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

We bought a Frigidaire dishwasher model # LFID2426TF3A 9-11-20 so less than 3 years old. The heating coil burned a hole through the bottom of the inside and melted the underside. The water went into our basement and caused significant damage. We had to call our homeowners insurance because of the damage. Customer service was rude and could not care less and This was after numerous phone calls with no help. All I was asking for was the amount that we paid for this dishwasher that could have caught my house on fire. They said no way. This is a warning to all not to buy a Frigidaire appliance.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Purchased on 1/2020 - problem was noticed 12/2022. I noticed that my refrigerator which is a single unit (All Refrigerator by Frigidaire model fpru19F8RFF) was over-cooling, it was not cycling or turning off it seemed like it was always running and things were freezing. I also put a thermometer in the refrigerator and it would read low 30s and ever 28° at one time. At times water would be under the unit as the refrigerant line must have been freezing up and then melting. There is only a 1-year warranty and no extended warranties on the sealed system.

I scheduled a service call and Ed the technician came out and after explaining what was wrong to him he assumed it was the thermistor. He did not open the panel in the unit or inspect or test anything with an ohm meter etc. He sounded pretty confident that it was the thermistor even though he did not test it. He said, "9 times out of 10 when you test these things they test OK anyway even though they can go bad - so we're just gonna replace that." I agreed with him as I trusted his assessment. He mentioned if it's not that then will take next steps and I will get a credit etc.

On Friday, January 20 Jason came out to replace the thermistor. Upon taking off the interior panel to replace the thermistor - he noticed the top coil as pictured was frozen and he mentioned that that this is an indication of refrigerant restriction and that might be the problem and he thinks the thermistor probably was good anyway. He mentioned there might be a clog in the refrigerant copper line or in filter drier. So he said he would recommend a compressor evaluation. He also said just to sit and wait and see how the refrigerator works with a new thermistor. Next day a technician named Joe comes out - and evaluates that the entire sealed system needs replacement. (Evaporator, Heat Exchange, Filter Drier and Compressor) cost over $2000 - the unit only cost me $1575 in January 2020.

Calling their customer service was ridiculous - after back and forth and waiting and speaking with many offshore representatives - they offered to pay for the parts - but I still need to pay for the labor which still may be more than what I paid for the unit. They offered this as they KNOW there is a problem with their stuff. Stay far away from Frigidaire and look for a reputable company that stand behind their products.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Stove Top looks terrible and getting worse. I purchased this range April of 2019. When the first discoloration of the black stove top appeared, I didn't think anything of it. I did not want to scrub until the finish came off but that was my first mistake. It is progressively worse and now it is so discolored around the burners it's disgusting. I called Lowes where I purchased sometime in 2020, but of course they said I was out of warranty and didn't purchase extended warranty.

I purchased a Frigidaire stove about 2001 when the kitchen in my old house was renovated. I had an issue with the cooktop and they sent a new one to the my place of purchase and I was out of warranty but they backed it up anyway. I had a black stove, not stainless front and never had an issue again. Thinking that Frigidaire performed so well and backed up their product I would purchase all appliances with this name again. I called about a year ago and basically was told too bad. Every time I look at this mess it makes me mad, now a stove just turning 3 years old looks terrible.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I would strongly suggest not purchasing products by Frigidaire. I recently bought a house with brand-new appliances from Frigidaire. Frigidaire does not stand by their products. Refrigerator ice/ water maker doesn't work and they would not help me fix the issue. No resolution just sorry about my bad luck. Horrible customer service!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Paid over $2,000.00 for a Frigidaire refrigerator, October 2022. I called Frigidaire December 19, 2022, for repair. Needless to say, this refrigerator is less than 60 days old! The deli tray slide drawer broke. The clip holding the drawer in place keeps coming out of the slot interfering with closing the refrigerator. I was totally taken aback because this BRAND-NEW refrigerator should not be falling apart. I called their customer service phone number 800-374-4432, to no avail. I made several attempts in calling this number only to get caught up in a loop. It was obvious that the system was not going to connect me to a live person regardless of any of the options provided.

The phone system eventually instructed me to log into their website and chat to reach customer service. After searching their website for a chat button, again to no avail. It was about 10 minutes before the "chat button" suddenly popped up. To make it short, during the chat, the customer service rep told me that my problem was not covered by the warranty and that I would have to pay the cost of the repair. The rep told me that the broken part did not interfere with the refrigerator being cold. What? Are you joking me? No, the rep was dead serious. So, I have a brand new, broken, $2,000.00 refrigerator they refuse to fix. Buyers beware! They don't want to talk to you! I am absolutely livid! Never again! Shame on them! I will be reporting them to my State Attorney General. Model #FRFS282LAF

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I bought a brand new set of Frigidaire Gallery appliances (Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave) in June 2019. 2.5 years later the pump on the dishwasher stopped working and I had to replace it for $210 (the most expensive part possible for a dishwasher). The faulty pump resulted in damage to my kitchen hardwood floor. A year later the refrigerator's compressor and inverter board failed and need to be replaced. I was given a quote of $1605 to replace those. I opted for buying a new refrigerator instead. I lost everything in my freezer and most of the fridge items that I couldn't store in coolers.

I had much higher hopes for these appliances when I bought them. Didn't expect so many issues 3.5 years into owning them. When I talked to someone from Frigidaire customer service after the dishwasher failed I was told I was out of luck because I didn't have a warranty. I will not be purchasing any Frigidaire products in the future and will be sure to relay my experience to friends and family in hopes of saving them the money and frustration.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Been trying for over a year to get a stove that works, Electrolux/Frigidaire just keeps giving me the run around. "Oh no supervisor available to speak" or "they will call you back today" and don't. Sickening. I will never buy another frigidaire appliance again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

We received a dishwasher and after install we found out it had a cracked tub. Frigidaire sent out someone and verified it was a manufacturer issue. It's been 6 months and I have still not received a new dishwasher.

Frigidaire Company Information