2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Frigidaire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: July 23, 2020

I purchased the fridge a year ago June 2019. Within 2 weeks started freezing food. In one year I’ve called 6 times, they ignored 2 messages, they have replaced same part 3 times last time in June 2020. Within 2 weeks started freezing food again. Called told me I was out of warranty. I said no warranty was extended another 6 months. I got hung up on. Wrote review on Frigidaire website and they responded with this....

"Hello,

Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize for any matters you have experienced due to your refrigerator not working properly. We would love to make sure this matter is resolved. Be on the lookout for an email from us shortly.

Bianca...."

Now July 23 and no word! Fridge still freezing my food and they have refused to replace fridge! $2000+ dollars down the drain! Don’t buy Frigidaire crap made in Mexico!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I'm writing on behalf of my daughter who is due to give birth any day now and who has waited since January for Frigidaire to make right a product that does not work. In the last four weeks, I've spent nearly 8 hours on hold BEFORE I could actually talk to someone, and though it has been 8 months, the replacement dishwasher which Frigidaire was supposed to deliver has not been delivered. On two occasions, delivery men have brought out a new dishwasher but then, mysteriously, the new machine was deemed "broken in delivery" and impossible to install. I've been instructed to send copies of documents to prove our purchase even though they have record of the fact that she owns it. I am waiting for Frigidaire to deliver a "serial tag" to me - I'm supposed to attach it to a rebate email. I have never received the tag.

My belief is that Frigidaire is attempting to get out of replacing the product which has never worked by delaying until it is no longer in warranty. They are a dishonest company, run by incompetents or worse, they are criminals and are happy to take money and try to grind consumers down by making their "service" impossible to get all the while recorded messages assure those of us on hold that "Frigidaire is concerned" and cares about its customers. RUN, RUN, RUN, but do not buy anything any Frigidaire.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Dehumidifier purchased 6/18 worked with no issues until 4/20. Dehumidifier stopped working Error Code F0 Unit no longer blows hot air. Followed instructions in owners manual to address Error Code F0. No success. Contacted manufacturer, spoke with representative, provided picture of unit model #, serial #, error code displayed in Dehumidifier display and receipt from Walmart.com. Sent all information as instructed through the Frigidaire website. Received email I would be contacted in three days. No response. I now call back and customer service runs me in circles and the end result is they hang up and I can not even talk to a representative. Garbage product. Garbage customer service.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Brand new Frigidaire electric oven died after we used self cleaning feature for the first time. Had repairman replace the computer board at our expense. Several years later used the self cleaning feature again and the oven died again. So far we have used the self cleaning twice and the oven has died each time. Frigidaire should stop making this junk or replace the "Self Cleaning" button with "Self Destruct" button, so customers are aware.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Both the bobs on my range and the handle on my microwave are wilting after only 6 months. The company did nothing to help replace during the warranty. They are both plastic and not high quality at all. I didn’t extend my warranty because of this:

Original review: June 3, 2020

I purchased a small appliance as a gift. It was a popcorn machine. I gave the machine to the recipient for their birthday and as it turns out, an integral piece was missing from the box (pretty embarrassing). I have now been dealing with customer service for over a month, asking for the missing lever, with minimal responsiveness. It's not like I was asking for a refund or a new appliance!

Today, I was advised by the company that IF they find the part, they expect me to purchase it! Imagine? After they sold me a product that was not fit to be used due to their poor quality control, they expect me to pay a second time for a part that was missing from the box. I have to be honest, in this day and age, with all the great customer service available at rival appliance companies, I would never consider making a larger purchase from this company after this experience (and I am due for a major kitchen reno some time next year). It is unfortunate because I was fond of their products, but I am happy to know about their shoddy customer service now.

Original review: April 26, 2020

Bought a stackable washer dryer in Nov. 2019. It never worked. I had to go to the CEO to get agreement and a credit. The institutionalized resistance was more than most people would ever survive. I am relentless when it comes to not getting screwed by corporations so I won, but it took 5 months. I have all docs, emails names and photos so they can't tell a different story. Don't buy anything from Frigidaire, ever.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I spent over $1800 in Sears on a small wall oven 5 months ago and what a waste of money. I used the "Self Clean" feature on the lowest setting for the first time, just to see what it was like. I followed the instructions and everything seemed fine. Until I went to use the broiler the next day. Nothing. Then I tried the oven. Again nothing. Neither would get hot. So I called Frigidaire and scheduled for a technician to come out. I was given a date and took the day off. He didn't show up and their customer service Reps were very rude. So I called back Frigidaire and scheduled for a different service company to come out.

The Rep called me and asked what happened to the oven. After I told him, he said he knew what had happened and ordered a new thermostat. It took nearly 2 weeks to arrive. When he eventually showed up with a colleague, almost 4 weeks later, the oven didn't get fixed. The gas pipe is in the "wrong position" and they didn't want to touch it. So I'm still waiting to get this oven fixed and I'm extremely frustrated. Frigidaire is not a reliable company when it comes to the quality of their appliances or the companies they use to repair them. My previous oven lasted 30 years and this one didn't even last 6 months. I will NEVER buy another appliance made by them or recommend them to anyone. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!

Original review: April 2, 2020

Purchased a Frigidaire cooktop stove in 10/19/2019. Model # FFGC3626SSE Serial # 3F92501805. Order #**. At Home Depot. A week ago. I turned on one of the burners and I couldn't turn it off. Had a panic attack that I couldn't shut the gas off. The knob just spun around on the shaft. I pulled off one of the other knobs and used it to shut the gas off. I looked at that knob and it was cracked too. The other 3 knobs were split also. One more is ready to brake. I’m afraid to use my stove. All 5 Knobs are defective!

I read CNN said Frigidaire is closing their Memphis factory, and laying off 530 people in 2020. Not good. Frigidaire customer service told me knobs were considered cosmetic and not covered in the 1 yr. I asked how can such an essential part of the stove be considered cosmetic? No knobs. No gas. No cook! All I got was I would have to pay out of my pocket for 5 new knobs. Cost $221.63 and they were out of stock. I would have to wait till May 28. Told her that was not acceptable. Said they would give me half price if they could find another co. to get them from. Was told today (4/1/20) they couldn't. Now, because they couldn't get them anywhere else, the half price was off the table.

I did some research and found a co. (Marcone) that has 19. Told Frigidaire. They said they didn't do business with Marcone a nationwide co. They took my info and said they would look into it. Still waiting. I have a cooktop stove with one burner out and 4 others ready to go out and no help in sight, without having to paying 1/3 the price of the cooktop and wait almost 2 mo. for knobs. I'll never buy another Electrolux product again!! In January my daughter bought us a Frigidaire refrigerator. Had one in the 80's. It lasted over 10 years. Bad mistake. I feel it’s a ticking time bomb.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We live in California and purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator to put in our newly built vacation home in Arizona. I only wished I would have looked at ALL of the reviews prior to choosing this brand. Our new home was ready 2 mos earlier than expected. We called Home Depot, where we purchased it from, to get a earlier delivery date. No problem... we scheduled it and traveled the 6 hours to spend the weekend and accept delivery of our refrigerator.

The refrigerator arrived, installed and THOUGHT it was good to go. The next morning we realized the refrigerator was not cooling. We could hear it running but not cold at all. Long story (which it is) short.... we finally got someone from frigidaire to listen and they said they could not replace the broken refrigerator, they had to send someone out to try and fix it. WHAT???? we do not live in AZ it is our vacation home and we are already back in CA. The rudeness and lack of compassion was unacceptable, but nothing I could do. They scheduled a service tech to come out (yes, I had to find someone in the new neighborhood that I didnt really know to give my key to so they could let them in). The service tech said it was not repairable ... DUH.

I gave them the date we were returning and they said no problem.... they will deliver then. NOPE. I received the automated call saying they would be there. Waited home all day. They did not come. I finally got hold of the delivery "Manager" and he said they didn't even have the refrigerator in their warehouse yet. They finally, after 6 more frantic calls from me, delivered a day later at 8:30pm!!!! The NEW refrigerator makes noise and you can't see the digital display that says "water, cube, crushed ice) it does not light up. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ELECTROLUX/FRIGIDAIRE!!!! NO customer service.... and when you finally get someone, they are rude, or at least Sharon at Frigidaire Extension ** was. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Frigidaire Company Information