Frigidaire

Compare Appliances

Research top Appliances recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We purchased a Frigidaire Gallery French Door Refrigerator six years ago from Howards. It cost us over $2000. In October 2016, it stopped cooling and freezing and we first noticed an SYCF code. We called Frigidaire and were told to order the control board which sits behind the ice maker. The part was ordered on Nov 6 and came after Thanksgiving! I was so mad and when I called Frigidaire, they refunded us for this part because it took over three weeks to get. This control board didn't fix the issue, so we called them back. It was recommended that we call a certified technician on their list. I contacted Riddle after speaking with Frigidaire. They're a certified repair service for Frigidaire. I called on Tuesday, Jan 3 in the morning and their technician, Ben, showed up that afternoon.

After 15 minutes, he diagnosed the problem is that the switch board with two 5 amp fuses needed to be replaced. He said that he would call the following day to give me a price for the service and labor. For the 20 minutes he was here, it was a $79.00 service charge. I received a call from Ben the following morning at 10:00 a.m. stating that the cost would be $629.20 because he would replace the switch board (that he diagnosed the day before) and the main control board (below the refrigerator). I said THREE times that "you're charging me for the main control board based on an assumption you have that it won't work because the switch board doesn't work." I said that isn't right since he didn't diagnose or test the main control board to see if it needed to be replaced. He is basically charging me for a product that may not be broken.

The original cost was around $350 and now with this new bogus main control board, it totaled $629.20. AVOID USING RIDDLE who is suppose to be certified repair company for Frigidaire. I called Frigidaire and explained my experience with Riddle and ordered the "main control board." The rep I spoke to pulled up the specs for this model and I clearly stated it's the control board which sits behind the fridge, at the top left. I confirmed THREE times because he kept calling it something else. He assured me that it was the right item. About 7 business days later, I received the item and guess what? It was wrong.

I called and spoke to Juanique, corporate manager on Jan 12, 2017 (remember, our fridge has been broken since October 2016) and she returned the incorrect item and shipped out the right part. She gave me 20% off and free ground shipping because of all my issues. As we waited for the part, we decided to buy a new fridge to avoid all the headache and future issues with this refrigerator.

On 2/1/17, I called and requested an RMA number. It took over 10 minutes because the rep (April) could not locate the order. Their system is absolutely ancient and wastes too much time for the consumer. My experience with this location has been NEGATIVE. The customer service reps need more training, attitude adjustments. The two managers I spoke to were very helpful and actually fixed the problems created by their employees. Do yourself a favor, DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE GALLERY FRENCH DOOR refrigerator (model #FGHB2844LF1). The ice maker broke two years into the purchase. We didn't fix it since we have a U-Line ice maker.

I purchased a Frigidaire Professional Refrigerator in Aug 2015. Since then, I have had the same issue over and over again. The bottom ice maker will work once it is replaced for about a day or two then it stops. This is still going on today 01/30/2017. They have made several major repairs to the unit. Nothing has worked 100%. All the company seems to want to do is replace the bottom ice maker. It is clear that the issue isn't the ice maker. A tech just came out this past Monday and replaced the compressor in the refrigerator and he put a new ice maker in as well. After 1 day, the ice maker stopped working again. I called the Lowe's warranty department and they said unless a repairman deems the unit irreparable the ice maker doesn't qualify us for a replacement. It was on factory warranty for 1 year. They also told me that those repairs do not count under the extended warranty. So it is like starting over all over again.

My husband believes that they are trying to ride this out until we either give up or the warranty runs out. The current repair company has been out 6 times and 7 will be Monday 02/06/2017. Based on the information I have received from the repair company they have not gotten paid because the issue still exist. I have no control over that. I have been in constant contact with the repair company talking with them concerning this issue. I have been very cooperative and understanding. This whole issue is way out of control and the company doesn't seem to care about the customers or the products that they sell.

I would never purchase another Frigidaire Product again. This one was my first. It will certainly be my last. I have been very unhappy and dissatisfied with the product's performance and the customer service. I would very much like for an attorney to contact me over this issue.

Bought all new Frigidaire appliances for new house in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Right away the refrigerator broke, making the freezer side super cold and the refrigerator side hot. Model number is FGHC2345LF. Fred's Appliance (supplier we bought from) fixed it. This is a vacation home, so we are not there very much. Next time we came out, the same problem. Fred's fixed it again (allegedly). This happened 3 more times, for a total of 5 repairs for the same thing, under warranty. They claim they replaced mechanical parts, electrical wiring, circuit boards, etc.

Of course, as soon as the warranty expired, the same problem reoccurred and both Frigidaire and Fred's Appliance told us to start paying if we wanted it fixed. Paid $583 to repair it. A year later, it's broken again. Now they are saying its my fault because we don't use it enough! Seriously! They say it has "electrolysis" because I'm not there with it. We leave the house at 55 degrees in the winter when we're not there, and never over 80 in the summer. These are not extreme operating temperatures. Why doesn't the state attorney generals step in? I am going to request assistance from the Idaho BBB and State Attorney General.

Purchased $1700+ refrigerator in March 2016. July 2016: ice maker stopped working; repaired via Frigidaire warranty; worked approximately 2 days then broke again. This has been the pattern; a noise will start, the ice maker stops working, repair person comes out in a week, fixes, works for a little while then breaks again. So far the ice maker and seals have been replaced 6 times. The thermostat has been replaced once. The seals had to be replaced again as frost was forming in my refrigerator near the ice maker. A seal in the actual ice dispenser in door had to be replaced. It has been on and on. Lowe's will do nothing. Frigidaire says as long as it can be repaired, they will repair it. So I buy a new refrigerator and I don't get what I paid for. I get, instead a "refrigerator" that breaks on average every 1.5 months. Phone call after phone call. Lowe's response is that while it's under Frigidaire warranty, they (Lowe's) will do nothing.

18 months ago we purchased a Kenmore Laundry center, model 970L97422F0, that was made Frigidaire. The washer DOES NOT fill with enough water to do the cleaning. More often than not there are dry spots. We had the repairman out twice and his only solution for the problem was to add a pail of water before starting the machine, so to trick it to think that the weight was more. Also it is the nosiest washer we have ever owned!! It sounds like a cement mixer when it is running. Phone calls to Sears and Frigidaire go unanswered. The last email I sent to them, over two weeks ago, only received an automatic response saying someone would be back to me within 24 hours - you guessed it, they didn't reply.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Purchased a new 18 cu ft refrigerator on 2/25/16. This week my bottom door handle broke off my door. I am 63 and live alone so no misuse. Called customer service to get it repaired. Said the handle would cost me $51.00. I could not believe that this is the quality that they are selling. Will never purchase their products again.

I bought 4 pc Frigidaire appliance because they had the 200 dollar rebate on it. I mailed the paperwork and waited 3 months and now when I call they said my paperwork was not correct and they cannot do anything. They did not call back or wrote any messages because rebate expired. I told them I have all proof of purchase charges on my acct Visa. Appliance was delivery confirmation, that is also proof. But they were very rude and I was helpless, lost my 200 dollar. I will not buy Frigidaire in my life.

Purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator from Lowe's in April 2016. Since then we have had the repairman out five times. First three times fridge made loud clicking noises, still does, was told it was normal even though we know better. Now for two times in a week, freezer went out. We are out $250 in food and no one cares. All he did was put a Styrofoam piece in fridge to regulate air, worked for less than a week. Got home from food shopping freezer is thawed out again. Cannot come out till Monday. We are told Frigidaire knows this model is a lemon but they continue to sell them as we are told because they have a warehouse full of them. Why would Lowe's continue to sell these models knowing they are bad? Whatever happened to standing behind your product? I guess making money selling bad products is Frigidaire's way of doing business these days... Buyer be warned.

2 years ago we purchased 3 Frigidaire appliances, their French doors fridge model FPHB2899PF2, their gas slide in range and their dishwasher all in the "Professional" series. At the one year mark the dishwasher broke down and required replacement parts that Electrolux was aware of. The oven racks (3) are all approximately 1/4 inch too small. So when you put almost any weight on them they fall to the bottom of the oven. Best yet just shy of the 2 year mark the door ice maker died. We called Electrolux service who directed us to our local repair company who arrived at our house and spent 4 minutes and $100 to tell us that this particular Frigidaire fridge was garbage and that he has repaired or tried to many in his area. He told us ours was non-repairable.

Long story short we daughter for numerous emails and calls with Electrolux to only end up with a partial credit towards a new purchase which would cover approximately 35% of the replacement cost. At this point we gave up. We did however reach out to Leon's Furniture where we purchased the group only to be totally ignored! Needless to say we spend all of our efforts spreading our message.

I have only used my oven about 3 times and when I turned on the self cleaning oven it damaged my door. I called Frigidaire and they put a claim in and sent out a repairman. The guy said it was cosmetic damage. Well the only thing I did was cook pizza in it and turned on the self clean and my oven is melted on the door and looks awful. Would never recommend this brand to anyone to buy.

I have a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator that isn't working properly and is still under warranty. It has been repaired THREE times with different parts. I haven't been able to adequately store food for over a month. Their customer service is HORRENDOUS!!! I can't seem to get anywhere and now they have scheduled yet another visit from a technician. I have waited at home 5 times now. As soon as they fix this, I am getting rid of the refrigerator and buying another (NOT FRIGIDAIRE). Horrible product.

My washing machine has not worked since early Nov. 2016. Frigidaire has sent two different repair companies. The first one gave up as they were not able to fix it, the second repair company has not been able to figure out what's wrong with it. They tried changing the computer first which did not fix the machine. 2nd they tried changing something with the door which also did not fix the machine. It has been a pattern of trying different things without success. The current repair company has told us that the machine is not repairable and has also told the Frigidaire, but Frigidaire technicians keep insisting on trying different things.

Throughout all this, We have had a total of 5 visits from the repair companies. I had to miss 3 days of work because I have to be home when they go to the home. The second company was able to work on Saturdays, but Frigidaire's technicians are not available on weekend so the repair person can't talk on the phone with them while they look at the machine. I have complained about their process without any success since we still don't have a machine that works. I have spoken with 3 supervisors and one manager and keep getting the same message that their technicians still want to try something else. So they shipped some cables supposedly next day delivery on the week of 12/13 so we set up an appointment on 12/20 for the repair company to show up. The cables never made it to the home so I canceled the appointment with the repair company.

I spoke with Frigidaire and now the cables were going to be deliver on 12/31 so I set another appointment with the repair company on 1/3. The cables never arrived on 12/31 so I canceled another appointment. Now Frigidaire tells me that the cables will not be deliver until 1/6/17. By now we are on two months in with a machine that is supposed be new and does not worked. I was also told by one Frigidaire's support technicians that their notes showed repairs done in 1/16/16 for a similar issue with the door, before I actually moved to the new condo, purchased the condo on 2/16/16 with all new appliances. Unfortunately they are all from Frigidaire and given my current experience with this company I will never purchase and will tell friends to not purchase from this company.

This also means that when the cables actually get delivered I will have to miss a 4th day of work so that the repair person can see the machine. It has been a nightmare dealing with Frigidaire as they are very insensitive to their customer's needs, they seem to not care for their customers as we are now two months in without a working machine. Thank you.

Brand new purchase refrigerator FGHB2866 12/16. Delivered 12/21. Out of the box ice maker does not work! Contacted seller. Told them I want a new refrigerator in working condition - they told me it is not Frigidaire's policy to replace - still to contact frigidaire. Also brand new range - FGGF2058RFC - during operation of the oven the control knobs for the stove top get extremely hot due to vent placement directly underneath knobs - poorly designed - should not have to wear a mitt to turn knobs! Dishwasher DGCD2444SA1A out of the box - dent and scratch lower left hand door panel - not quality control. Products are made in Mexico, China etc. Not USA made. Frigidaire products are junk.

We purchased our new home in 2015 and we bought all new Frigidaire Gallery appliances! This happened less than 2 years ago and we had problem with all of them, microwave broke down 2 months after we moved in, dishwasher 6 months, Frigidaire right after the dishwasher and now our stove exploded. I called the customer service and they told me they can't do nothing! Wanted to talk with the manager, but they told me their manager don't deal with customers, so after 1 hour discussion finally I get a hold of a supervisor who told me if I can prove I not physically damaged they will replace it, so I had to call in my own expense (107$). Their service guy who told me It doesn't look like physically damaged so he will do his reports, but since the report went in they don't answer for my phone calls, and just ignore all my messages! DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE PRODUCTS! They are lying in about everything and all of their stuff is garbage!!!!

I have had this appliance for nearly a year, Dec. 30, 2015. Due to illness have not got around to voicing my complaints. This unit was highly praised by the sales man at Coast Appliances, Langley. As there are only the 2 of us to wash for I believed this unit would be ideal for space & efficiency. We cleaned & replaced any of the dryer venting before installation. I think I have given the unit a fair run & can say I am totally dissatisfied with its performance.

The dryer will only dry a load on high heavy duty & then it must be full. I cannot dry a smaller load on any setting. Sometimes a small load will take 2 hours to dry. The washer tears clothing, I use tide pods & cleaner as recommended & find that wet clothes often come out with lint stuck to them even a load of delicates that do not contain lint, so I have to sponge lint of many items before I dry them. I also clean the washer & dryer after each load as recommended in the user manual. I am totally disenchanted with this unit that was to be my last washer dryer after 50 plus years of doing laundry. I would not recommend this brand to my friends. Thank you for your attention to, my concerns.

We've only had our $1900 fridge for a year and 6 months. It's broken 3 times. Customer service has been horrible - no help or even friendliness whatsoever. We are very frustrated and disappointed. Will NEVER buy anything Frigidaire again! You'd think they would want to stand behind their product.

I have bought a package deal over a year ago - Fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher. The first week the stove broke. Under warranty but took 2 weeks to get it fixed. As soon as the 1 year warranty is over my fridge is not working. I have a fridge in my garage that I had for 15 yrs and never had a problem. I will never buy a Frigidaire again. As mush as appliances cost they should at least work for 5 yrs not 1.

Went with Frigidaire gallery kitchen appliances, and everything is sub par. Dishwasher has broke twice, fridge also and now the stove quit working the day before Thanksgiving, 2 years old. Will never buy Frigidaire again.

Purchased the group of appliances. Dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and microwave. Junk appliances. Dishwasher stinks and does not barely clean or get warm. Refrigerator top freezer does not shut securely. I have replaced the gasket and that is more junk from Frigidaire. Stove, the oven does not work. Destroyed foil (Reynolds) then oven cleaner does not clean up only leaves more of a mess in bottom. I am soooo disappointed with these appliances. I'm stuck with them now as too much time has passed. I just don't want others to be fooled by the appearance of the Gallery Group. They are junk. I would never buy Frigidaire item again.

We bought a dishwasher and refrigerator 6 months ago at Lowe's. Neither has worked well since we bought them. The dishwasher is on its second repair and I have waited for 2 weeks to get it repaired AGAIN. The refrigerator freezes the food and even when we turn it down it still did it. The ice maker sucks! The ice gets stuck and then we have to clean it out and ice goes everywhere. This happens every couple days. So frustrating!! Neither Lowe's or Frigidaire will take them back. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!!! Very cheaply built and now I'm stuck with these appliances that I don't want. I should have gone with Costco from the very beginning. Their customer service is always excellent. It's unfortunate that we did not read reviews before buying.

Have a two year old Frigidaire dishwasher that stopped working. After speaking to a Frigidaire representative I finally found (or so I thought) the problem. I asked and was assured that the part I needed to order was returnable. After receiving and installing the part it still did not work. Now Frigidaire tells me the part is not returnable. I won't be purchasing anymore Frigidaire or associated products.

I never write reviews but for this company I created an account just so I can write a review. I bought a Frigidaire appliance from Home Depot. Within 2 weeks a brand new fridge breaks. Find out there is only a 48 hour return policy. Had to spend over an hour calling Home Depot and Frigidaire to get it fixed. Had to call the repairman myself. They gave me a list of 6 repairman and only 1 actually still works for the company. Takes 3 days for them to look at it. Takes 7 days for them to order the part. Takes another week for them to come back and fix the fridge. The whole time the fridge does not work. What to do without another fridge? Had to buy another fridge since over 2 weeks. Worst company ever. Try calling their customer number and it takes forever to get through. WILL NEVER BUY A FRIGIDAIRE APPLIANCE EVER AGAIN. Model # BA63823131

Had a warranty issue on my washer. Service man sent by warranty came out, fixed the issue. When he put the washer/dryer combo back in he crushed the vent hose. This went unnoticeable for some time as it is a vacation rental home. Now fryer stopped working due to a crushed vent and Frigidaire said it's my problem to go after their service man to repair what their guy damaged! Buy from anyone other than Frigidaire/Electrolux! Their manager even hung up on me when I told them their guy broke it!!!

I purchased this unit in May 2016. Immediately, the dryer started with a screeching noise when it heated up. I have had 3 repair companies out 8 times since May and replaced everything possible in the dryer part and it still has the same noise when heated. When talking to anyone in the corporate office whether it be the person answering the phone or a supervisor, they have approached the concerns with apathy. I was even told by one repair company that Frigidaire would just stall until I give up.

Basically, the consumer is at the mercy of the manufacturer and how they interpret the necessity of replacing a unit. I even have the noise issue on video and it doesn't seem to create any concerns to them. This company has no integrity at all. If they treat their employees like they treat the people that are purchasing their crappy products, it's no wonder they are apathetic. Consumer protection agency should take note of sketchy companies like this and shut them down. Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Purchased a Frigidaire side by side. Within a few months the liner in the refrigerator started to crack. Called Frigidaire to have a repair done. Repair was done only to look like they placed tape over the cracks. Called to let Frigidaire know I was unhappy for them to tell me they couldn't replace because the factory didn't condemn it to be not in working order. Paid over 800 for this and to be stuck with something that looks like my 3 year old fixed.

I called customer service regarding my stove which was less than 3 years old. Spoke with them and they agreed to provide me with the parts. They did not send me the parts. I called them and they said I needed work order from their service provider which I did. After that they requested for bill of sale which I could find. They wasted my one whole month just to them to say they will not provide me the parts. What hurts so much was how rude and inconsiderate customer service was. Poor customer service and poor quality service. I regrets for buying all my appliances from them. Stove, microwave, dishwasher and fridge. Never recommend anyone for Frigidaire products.

I have six major Frigidaire professional appliances and have had issues with four of them within the last two years of purchase. Warranty is only a year. Have been without a stove since August 23, 2016. Fridge still binging and banging, fan was replaced. Washer leaks and clothes smell. Dryer door broke off. Public Electric is the service provider, not reliable at all. I think it's time to call a lawyer.

I have purchased Frigidaire Model FFHT1831QP, Serial BA53635473. It SUCKS!! Had to get the seals replaced. The air chamber is misaligned (water laying on top shelf). Freezer doesn't work. They called it Intermittent Freezing. Yet the place that I purchased it from (though nice) did not offer to replace & I think they could. They are to have someone come out & look at it again. I WANT A NEW ONE! I didn't pay almost 700 dollars to have a brand new refrigerator already need several repairs. Then later when it has more problems I'll have to pay for it. Quite frankly I'd love my money back & I'd buy a totally different brand.

My last refrigerator lasted me around 30 years with NO problems during this time. SO far I am not happy with the place that I purchased the refrigerator from as I believe they could offer to replace it immediately. I am not happy with Frigidaire so far. I will be happiest with a total refund. I would happy with them EASILY offering & providing me with a brand new refrigerator that is not this model/serial number & a better refrig. AS LONG AS IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! Do NOT buy this model. The one guy that has been fixing these said that he's had calls on this model for these issues also.

Purchased the fridge in May 2016 model # FFTR1821QW. Within a month it started making all kinds of noises. It was under warranty so Frigidaire sent someone out to look at the problem. They said it was a fan motor making the noise and replaced it. No sooner than a day later, the same noise, called again. Sent someone out, said they didn't know where the noise was coming from. Called again, sent someone else out who stated there have been several people calling in with the noises that are coming from the product and there's nothing that can be done. It sounds like someone is knocking at all hours of the day and night plus a crap-load of different sounds. Frigidaire says it normal for all these noises and they sent me a form letter of all the noises this could make. Frigidaire says all these noises are listed in the Owners Manual. DON'T YOU GET THE OWNERS MANUAL WHEN YOU ACTUALLY OWN THE ITEM?

Do not buy this product. The noises are loud, obnoxious knocking constantly. Every day they keep getting noisier and noisier. $500+ may not be a lot of money for a company like Frigidaire, but to its consumers it's a lot of money to spend on a crappy fridge. I guess that's one way to make you buy a warranty, because you know it's gonna break down at some point.

On June 11, 2014 I purchased Frigidaire Air Conditioner - Model FFTA1422Q2 - Serial No. KK3 through P.C. Richards, which was delivered on June 19, 2014 and installed the following day. I completed and mailed in my registration on July 1, 2014. I used the unit during the summers of 2014 and 2015. I tried turning it on again on Friday, May 27, 2016 and the unit would not cool. On Saturday May 28, 2016 I called the Frigidaire Customer Service number 800-944-9044 only to get a recording to contact 2 different service companies, one in Laurelton, NY and the other in Deer Park, NY. Neither of these numbers were operational.

I then called PC Richards Customer Service to find a repair service that handles Frigidaire units so that I would not void my warranty. They gave me Aid Audio & Television Service Corp. I tried reaching them but due to the holiday weekend I could not get through until Tuesday, May 31, 2016. Told them the unit was not cooling and the first appointment I could get was Friday, 6/10/16.

When the serviceman arrived he said I needed a new control board and the office would call me on Monday June 13, 2016 with the cost. When I did not hear from them on Monday, I called them back twice and could not get an answer. I then contacted PC Richards Customer Service department and spoke with Ellen. She called and spoke with Soma who said that Paul would be back in touch with me. He called me later in the day and told me that it would cost me $416.00 plus tax for the part and labor, which included the $95.00 I had already paid for the service call. I told them I would let them know.

I felt this was ludicrous and I then contacted Frigidaire Customer Service on Wednesday June 15, 2016 and spoke with Linda. She agreed and did not think I even needed a control board since it was operational, it just wasn't cooling. She told me the main control board would be $85.56, a display board was $52.41 and a control panel with overlay would be $23.51. She felt another service company should come and look at the unit at no charge if the problem was in the sealed system, otherwise I would be charged. She made arrangements with Petro Home Services to look at the unit on Monday 6/20/16. The service man determined that I had lost the Freon and needed to put in a sealant and replace the Freon. On 6/22/16 I was told by Kelly at Frigidaire that parts were being ordered at no charge.

Petro returned on June 24, 2016 and took the unit out of the sleeve again only to find out that I needed a new compressor as well. At first I was told that the part was covered, but I would have to pay the labor charge of $500.00. I again called Frigidaire and spoke with Chanel who confirmed that I would not be responsible for any payments. The compressor was ordered (Part #5304476923). I have now been told by Petro Home Services that there was no ETA on this part. I again called Frigidaire on June 30, 2016 and spoke with Sandra and requested a new unit. She very blatantly told me that the unit was repairable, not replaceable.

I wrote to Frigidaire telling them it has now been 6 weeks that I have been without an air conditioner, with my apartment reading 90 degrees in the middle of a heat wave. I am a senior citizen and cannot live in these conditions. I either need this unit to be repaired immediately; replace the unit with a brand new one or refund me so that I can purchase another air conditioner. I am tired of getting a run-around and need immediate action, otherwise I will purchase another unit and take action against Frigidaire.

With no response I bought another air conditioner that is working beautifully. They finally came and repaired the broken one with a new compressor and freon and I sold it at a loss, but at least my apartment has been cool the rest of the summer. I would never purchase another Frigidaire product again and would certainly make sure my relatives and friends would not either.

Frigidaire Company Profile