2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5

Frigidaire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

Our side by side fridge and freezer is a Frigidaire Gallery and we were surprised at how little the fruit and veggie crispers are. The freezer had no water line filter, and the removal of the bottom drawer is super hard. The fridge is otherwise ample and I love how everything is easily within reach.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Difficult to rate warranty, since we never had to use it. Same for customer service, never had an issue that needed the attention of customer service. Overall, great appliance. We have had ours in service now for over 20 years with no issues. Will look for another one if we EVER have to replace.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Recently purchased a replacement top freezer refrigerator. Frigidaire was my choice! Nice looking and the right size! I recommend. I received a 10% discount on my purchase. Satisfied. Registered it for the warranty!???

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Bought it on sale so the value for what you get was fair and it does the job. LED lighting keeps the compartments well lit. At times you need to turn the breaker off to reset the ice dispenser and being a french door fridge it feels a bit awkward since we are use to a side by side.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We bought this Frigidaire model a few years ago when our old one stopped working. I like Frigidaire products, they are normally well-made and reliable and last for years. The fridge itself is performing well, I wish it didn't have glass shelves, and was a bit larger, but it was all we could afford on our budget. We have had to replace the door handle already, it has a weak point near its upper mount. While its serves us well otherwise, I only wish we'd been able to purchase a more upscale model.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

We purchased a Frigidaire kitchen package brand new from Menards. Frigidaire warranty doesn't cover anything purchased after the first year. Right out of the box we had a crack in our first dishwasher but didn't notice until we ran a few loads and it leaked water all over our flooring and sub flooring. Frigidaire did ship us a new dishwasher, but we had to pay for the additional installation charge. Fast forward a year and the inside glass on our oven door exploded for no apparent reason. We were baking potatoes in the oven when the inside glass exploded. We bake maybe once a month. This oven has barely been used when this happened. Appliance repair companies are quoting $300-$400 for this repair. Two of our four appliances failed in under 2 years. Very unsatisfied. The lady over the phone had the nerve to tell me "that's what extended warranties are for". She was rude and condescending. I'm definitely never buying frigidaire again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

In December of 2016 we purchased all new Frigidaire appliances. New washer, dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave/hood combo, and oven/cook top combo. The appliance store had a special if you bought all Frigidaire appliances. Big mistake!! Within 1 year the dryer, washer, and dishwasher all broke. Frigidaire fixed them under warranty. Within the second year the dryer, washer, and dishwasher all broke again. This time the repair bill was going to be on us and not cheap. We decided to replace all 3 appliances with Maytag and Kitchenaid. We have never had a problem with these brands.

Fast forward to 4.5 years later and our Frigidaire refrigerator caught fire! Had to call fire department. The compressor caught fire and all the electrical is burned up. We have on order a new refrigerator from GE. Never will I ever buy a Frigidaire appliance again!!! Only 2 appliances haven't broken, Oven and microwave. I can't wait for the micro to break because the hood vent sounds like a jet airplane when using it. Has from day one but it does work.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in May of this year. Because of the pandemic, I received my fridge in July. Initially the fridge worked very well. We use it in the garage only for bottled water and Gatorade. We were not planning to use it in the winter as it is not “garage ready”. Towards the end of August, we noticed a small crack in the bottom floor of the fridge. We should have taken a picture of it...lesson learned! It is now the beginning of October and the crack has started to open up with the edges of the plastic curling up and exposing insulation. The plastic surrounding the crack is now starting to bubble and looks like it may follow in cracking. I have plenty of pictures.

I tried to contact Frigidaire but all I can get are recordings (“due to high customer call volume “) that direct me to a local repair shop since my fridge is only a few months old. The repair shop was very good and sent the pics of the fridge directly to Frigidaire. However, Frigidaire claims the damage is not covered and blames me for dropping something on the plastic causing the damage. As far as I know, nothing has been dropped in the fridge. Even if a plastic water bottle was dropped, I am amazed that it cause a cracked in plastic that is now deep enough to expose insulation. I also don’t understand how all of the plastic is bubbling up underneath. That is MOST DEFINITELY not caused by something being dropped.

When I called to follow up on the case number given by the local shop, Frigidaire operator is a recording saying they are unable to take any calls. For a company as big as this, with products as expensive as theirs, how is this acceptable customer service?! You can’t even reach them!! Totally unacceptable and I will never be purchasing a Frigidaire product again. I will most definitely be leaving a review on my YouTube channel detailing my experience with this company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

This stove isn't practical at all for everyday cooking. It needs constant cleaning or it looks like hell. The rubber feet under the grates melted away after year and go look up much it costs to replace them. After a year the black paint in the back started coming off despite my best efforts to be careful. The back should be porcelain so it can be scrubbed. Paint just sucks. The burners don't even come close to heating evenly. It's really bad! If you're lucky and have a really old stove, keep it. None of the modern stoves seem fit for heavy use. Parts wear out quickly and cost a fortune. I have called Frigidaire and they won't give me new rubber feet but tried to sell them to me for the same high price. I hope they go out of business.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I have had to call them out to adjust the doors. On the second trip I also pointed out the crisper drawers. The wheels are cracking and falling off. I was informed that those parts are not covered under my extended warranty. This was a very cheaply made refrigerator but an expensive one. It is so shoddily made. I only purchased this brand because the rest of the appliances were in the kitchen when we bought this house last year. Never again will I purchase one of their poorly manufactured refrigerator. If I want to fix it I would have to pay 187.00 I was told by the repair man. It's just over a year and half old. There are 2 people in the house over 60 so it was not abused. I have never in my 40 years have had a fridge repair. One fridge lasted over 20 years. Because it was a Whirlpool. Model Number FFHB2750TD Serial Number 4A91210068. Now I will go and post other reviews as well as file a BBB report.

Frigidaire Company Information