1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

583 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

This range is 1 yr old, However the first fire in this range occurred when I just had it for six months. Called to report this and they told me to get an appliance repair person to let them know if it could be repaired. Had it repaired and just six months later it happened again. Both times I was cooking on the burner when it shot out a flame and burned the rubber off the wires. This time it singed my sweatshirt! When I again called they said to have it fixed again. I do not want this range in my house. I will trash it because it would be unfair to sell it to someone else - and not warn them about the fires I had experienced. Your customer service was rude and would not do anything in the way of replacement. I will be sure to post to NEVER buy a Frigidaire product.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I am waiting on my 2nd service call. The dishwasher is 3 months old. It doesn't get the dishes clean. The 1st tech told me to run the sink faucet until the water was hot and only use a certain detergent. In all of the homes I have rented or owned I have never had to baby a dishwasher. I wish I had read the reviews. We are a family of 2 and almost always grill. This dishwasher cannot handle barely dirty dishes. I made a purchasing error.

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I bought Frigidaire oven in January 22, 2018 and exactly in January 22, 2019 it was stopped working and called customer service. They were very rude and waited very very long time and they told me it’s not under warranty anymore. Then I called service and it needs now about $400 to change the board. Please do not buy their product. They are very bad.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This dryer was never the best, but just before the year warranty was up. We got the error code “E 64 Call Service” (the element). I had emailed and tried to call Frigidaire with no response at all. I therefore replaced the element at my cost of $200. About 1 1/2 years later it happened again, ok replaced it again. And 2 more times 1 year between each time it happens. Then last October it happens again and this time I email Frigidaire again and this time they respond and say, "Sorry, you are out of warranty and we cannot help you." Not happy I replace yet another element at my cost. Well this one only lasted 3 months. With ZERO support from Frigidaire we are buying another Dryer and will NEVER buy another Frigidaire product ever again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

This oven trips the dedicated circuit breaker each time a user opens the door during the cook cycle. Luckily, I have an extended service warranty. I have had a switch replaced 3 times now to get the oven going again. Frigidaire just told me they would not replace the unit because it has not been deemed "non-repairable." I guess they would rather pay a $200 service call each time the switch needs replaced than replace a $270 item. Stoopid and poor customer service to boot from Frigidaire/Electrolux. I will never buy another Frigidaire product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Buyers beware! We are thankful we are able to return our refrigerator. So Very grateful to Best Buy! The positives are that It appears to do what it’s suppose to do, we Love the water and ice, and it looks great BUT we purchased this fridge under a month ago and I have never heard a fridge be so loud in my life! It sounds like it’s making popcorn! Then it knocks, it pings and squeals. It’s actually loud enough that it wakes me up more than a couple times during the night. We asked that a repairman come and take a look to see what they could do and they said this is normal for this brand! I’ve never had a refrigerator make noises like this before!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Be forewarned - we purchased a fully remodeled home with a brand new Frigidaire dishwasher. The thing broke within the first 2 months. I called Frigidaire and they claimed not to back any warranties since I hadn’t personally purchased the product. Horrible customer service and a joke of a product.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We purchased all Frigidaire appliances 4 years ago and we have not been happy with any of them! Our ice maker stopped working 3 months ago and our gas range scratched up so easily on the top by the burner grills that we had that replaced after 6 months! We also had to replace the bottom panel in the oven because it scratched with normal cleaning using a scrubby. Now I have a permanent white spot in between the glass on the oven door. Sent an email to Frigidaire with my dissatisfaction for both appliances and heard nothing! We too are retired and we do not abuse our appliances. I’ve had ranges and refrigerators that have lasted for more than 20 years and still looked brand new. Do not buy Frigidaire appliances. Lowe’s doesn’t care and apparently either does Frigidaire. Cheaply made and made to fall apart after 5 years.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We purchased this oven 4 years ago and one day while warming up lunch we heard a big boom, and the glass on the outer door had shattered. When I called customer support they were not able to do anything as the oven was over a year old. Even though this is a manufacturer defect they would take no responsibility, luckily nobody was seriously hurt.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

During the warranty period the unit failed to operate properly. Repeated attempts to repair failed to repair it over more than a year. I am afraid it will not be fixed before extended warranty expires.

Frigidaire Company Information