1.12/5

545 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 4, 2018

Purchased the Gallery series in 2012. Frigidaire replaced the refrigerator due to multiple issues with the ice maker. The replaced refrigerator now has issues with the ice maker. Called a repair service and they found that the refrigerator is rusting from the inside out showing me a big rust spot that is leaking on the back of my refrigerator. Obviously have a bigger issue than the ice maker. Repairman tried working with a Frigidaire technician sending pictures 2 times with no luck. I called customer service, they won't let me talk to the technician. Told me to call an approved Frigidaire repair service giving me contact info.

One place won't return my calls and the other place won't come because they don't want to get involved because it is out of warranty. I don't think it is normal for your refrigerator to rust from the inside out. Seems like a $2,000 refrigerator (replaced in 2013) should last more than 5 years and it wouldn't be normal to rust from the inside out! What poor customer service. I am out of leads to pursue. Not to mention the microwave burned out and we need to replace the Frigidaire microwave too.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Purchased new home on October 2015 had Frigidaire appliances... not too happy but went with them. Should have known better from bad experiences with this brand before. In less than a year they came out 5 times to fix the fridge, now less than three years the inside walls are splitting open. Had to replace the dishwasher last month. All I can say is STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND!!! They are junk. As I bought their gallery brand and it's just as bad. Never again!!!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I bought a refrigerator, microwave, stove and a dishwasher in July 2014 from ABC Warehouse in Dearborn Michigan, and both the refrigerator esp. the icemaker broke within 30 days of the purchase. Of course the warranty fix them but ever since the icemaker broke 3 other times and now the items is out of warranty. Today both the microwave and ice maker doesn't work. Frigidaire gallery products is a piece of junk. Never in my life I have own so many lemons that went sour so soon. Lemons suppose to sour but these products are rotten. I'm so mad it's costing more money for the warranty versus the cost to fix them because the products keep breaking down after the repairs. Close the company. Sad sad sad.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I bought all Frigidaire Gallery appliances for my kitchen. Since then my refrigerator has broken at least 4. 1st was ice maker $150 then the whole motherboard $350. Now it's the water inlet valve $150 and of course all this happens after the 1st year when the warranty expires. So the way I see it I paid for a new fridge in repair. Also bottom freezer door doesn't close right and is chipping away. Stay away from the P.O.S company. I contacted them to see about recalls and such all the recalls are for the model before it. This model has the same problems but no recalls. That is the biggest scheme. Stay away from this junk box.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We bought all new appliances 4 years ago and have had to have the dishwasher repaired twice in under 3 years. The console assembly had to be replaced both time costing approximately $500. Now the microwave has stopped working. It smells like something has burned out as there is an electrical smell. Who knows if it can be repaired or not. Now I'm waiting for something to go wrong with the stove and fridge. I would caution everyone to steer away from Frigidaire products as they should last longer than a couple of years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 20, 2018

My electric range is less than two years old. After doing a self clean the oven stops working. The repair costs me a whopping $352.15 to replace the control panel (EOC and overlay). The service technician admits that on these models the relays start arcing and routinely burn out after a self clean cycle. If that happened with a car it would be recalled but we appliance buyers have to endure this kind of nonsense!? No fair! And this model is recommended by Consumer Reports? Oh puhleese!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Six years ago I remodeled my kitchen and replaced all the appliances with Frigidaire Gallery (with the exception of my refrigerator which is just Frigidaire.) Since that time all but the microwave has failed in some way multiple times. In this case the oven - the plastic film over the digital display doesn't stay put. It slides down so you can't read the display - you have to take apart the back to glue it back in place only to have it do it again. The front right burner is almost useless. It take so long to heat anything. The oven says it is finished preheating, but when things were coming out uncooked all the way through, I checked the temperature and it runs about 25 degrees lower than it's set for. You have to give it another several minutes to heat up to what you have it set to.

Yesterday, I heard a pop and black smoke came out the back - the computer board failed. Customer service with Frigidaire is a waste of time. The last time I called them, it was the third time my Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher had failed in four years, twice for the same reason. They offered to sell me an extended warranty for $350. When I said I wouldn't put another dime into this dishwasher, I would buy a new one first, the CS manager laughed at me because the warranty would be cheaper than buying a whole new dishwasher. The local store where I bought it fixed it free of charge. When it failed the fourth time, I bought a Bosch and love it. I'm not bothering to call them about the oven - buying a new one (different brand!) today.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Mine isn't as bad as everyone else, and I hope this isn't any indication for what I have to look forward to with the purchase of all my appliances. We purchased online through Lowe's in Dayton, TN. My install guys went to install our Frigidaire Microwave and there was no wall back brace plate, no instructions and no screws. There was also no manuals. My Frigidaire Dishwasher had no insulation and again no manual. The stove did not have a plug and there were NO indication that we had to also purchase one. My installers did get everything installed, but it took them 5 hours- mostly to figure out how to install the microwave.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I purchased a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator from Home Depot less than a month ago and it’s been a poor decision since date of delivery. My parents and several friends have bought Frigidaire so I felt confident in my choice however their unwillingness to back their product that is only hours old has lost them future business. The fridge was delivered with uneven doors and a squeak that sounds like an old bed frame. They sent a tech who made the doors even but they still don’t shut flush. On top of that the fridge squeaks when we close the door or even touch the fridge, it’s ridiculous!! I asked for a new refrigerator and they have the NERVE to say “the squeak is not under warranty because the tech said it’s just a cosmetic nuisance”!! REALLY??? Well I just spent $2000 on this fridge and expect it to be free of “cosmetic nuisances”! Anyway they have yet to do anything except send technicians who tell me the fridge is not broke.

The one guy actually told me to demand another be sent to me. I called Home Depot where I bought it and they said they need Frigidaire cooperation or else I will have a fee. This is nuts!!! I understand things happen, I just wanted it to be resolved especially since it had just been delivered! I will never buy Frigidaire again and I intend to write a review in as many locations as I possibly can. Not to mention, I plan to spread the word like it’s my darn job!! Had they made this right I would have earned them business but now it will cost them business. They don’t seem to care either! One more note, the girl on the phone told me these aren’t made like cars and aren’t supposed to last. LOL. Well I thought it would last longer than a few hours! Very disappointed in the brand and Home Depot!! Plus, train your people not to make those irritating comments, it doesn’t help your reputation at all!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I purchased a new Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator and had it delivered in January of 2016. I bought it through Best Buy and the delivery was an absolute nightmare. Right away there were issues. I ordered a model with black exterior and received one that was grey and was told that the model I purchased was no longer offered in black. I agreed to keep the model that had been shipped. From the beginning the unit made a lot of unusual noise. Within the first year the water and cubed ice indicator lights quit working and the ice maker would freeze up so much in the back that the auger couldn’t turn to dispense the ice. Every couple of months I would shut the ice maker off and the ice would thaw and water would run out and down the front of the refrigerator door. It seemed to function better through the warmer months of the year.

In December of 2017 the ice maker stopped working altogether. I recently called a local repair company to come out and take a look at it. I was told by the repairman that the problems that I am having stem from a flaw in the design of this particular model and that Frigidaire is well aware of that. They build a moisture barrier kit to replace the design flaw in the back of the unit. This flaw causes moisture to continuously build around the water lines, the fan, and the ice maker and it freezes causing the ice build up and malfunction of the cooling fan for the ice maker. This inevitably led to the electronic panels failing. I have been quoted by him at just over 800.00 to repair all items with no guarantee that it won’t happen again. I paid nearly 2500.00 for the refrigerator with two years of use and I’m facing an 800.00 repair with no guarantee of a repeat problem.

I contacted Frigidaire to ask if they would at least be willing to assist in offsetting some of the repair cost. I asked them why, knowing that a problem existed so much so to create a repair kit, did they not contact consumers to offer this repair kit before problems like mine came about? They had no good answer for me. They have offered to send me the sweat kit that they claim fixes the moisture build up but are not willing to assist me with any further parts or repairs. So, here I sit stuck with a 2500.00 two year old refrigerator that requires 800.00 in repairs with no guarantee that it won’t happen again. Quality product and customer satisfaction is clearly a thing of the past.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

Frigidaire refrigerator delivered Feb 2017. Electrolux is parent company. Unit carried 1-year warranty. Nov 2017 I discovered crack in inner lining (I suspect it was delivered with crack) and initiated telephone conversation with Electrolux who stated unit would be replaced under warranty but had to satisfy protocol. SEVERAL techs over several visits came to house. Electrolux found fault with each one --- one took over a month to invoice Electrolux & send report. One told Electrolux they would call me to set appointment & never did --- one neglected to be on phone with Electrolux factory tech at time of visit etc, etc. All techs that came to house confirmed, documented, & reported crack to Electrolux. Each call to Electrolux met with yet another step to accomplish until now unit is beyond warranty and Electrolux now saying I am beyond warranty and will only approve factory-approved repair which is to "tape crack" not replace unit.

23 Feb 18 call to company that delivered refrigerator stated they would have replaced unit with new one if I was within warranty but because unit is now out of warranty there is nothing they can do even though Electrolux freely stating they have documentation that my conversations with them started well before warranty dropped. Customer Support is AWFUL. They lied to me. They dragged their feet so much that my unit is now out of warranty. Any help to have Electrolux replace this unit, as they promised from the beginning, would be appreciated. At this point - my advice: DON'T BUY ONE.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have a 9-year-old stove that has broken at least 6 times; the electronic panel broke for the third time last week. My repairman recommended asking the company to supply a new panel for free, so I called Frigidaire and they absolutely refuse. So this is the first in a series of negative online reviews they will have to endure from me. Never buy a Frigidaire appliance; they are terrible and so is their customer service!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I have a brand new Frigidaire microwave that has not worked since bought. Because it is under warranty it must be repaired not replaced. It 2 weeks to get an appointment to have a service person come to the house. It has been a week since parts have been ordered. The parts aren't in and still not working.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We are the victims of spending over 10k worth of Frigidaire appliances and learning now that this company is the worst in customer service. They don't care about their customers and you can be sure we would never recommend Frigidaire to any of our friends and family. The customer service team and leaders need to understand why customers matter to their business. From telling us that unless in fridge makes the same Noise as I recorded they can't help us, to sending us the wrong filters when they had our Model number and now won't offer to help us, to having sent over six technicians to find the source of problems, this is all unacceptable. DON'T DO IT, NEVER BUY FROM FRIGIDAIRE.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

800/5000. With a kitchen set at Brandsmart brand Frigidaire, 5 months later the refrigerator started to have problems, a noise that came from inside the refrigerator, call Frigidaire and they sent a technician 8 days later. This technician changed the ice maker first and said that was that, the second day followed the problem, the technician has already changed, the refrigerator has changed and the problem is the same, now I call them and says that when the technician comes the refrigerator does not have a problem, they are a scammer and thieves company, the customer service is pessimistic, always buy in Sears and the truth never I have problems, just because I went through this store and saw the prices, but it is not worth paying more and they treat you as if you were a garbage, Frigidaire is a company **.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Frigidaire Gallery stove has had problems from the beginning. I bought the warranty and had to use it on several of my Frigidaire appliances including the stove for gas leak during the first two years. Now stove is leaking gas again. Called Frigidaire and they told me my model stove was involved in a recall due to gas leaks and the potential risks that causes but my serial number is not within the correct range so even though I am having the same issue as the recalled stoves they will not do anything to assist in fixing the stove.

The company was uncaring regarding the potential risks due to their faulty gas range and said I was on my own to fix it. I would never again buy from this company as I have also had issues with my Frigidaire washer, dryer, and dishwasher. If a company will not correct issues with their faulty products they should not be supported. Please look around and purchase something else or end up with a faulty product that the company won't fix like me.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I purchased a brand new Frigidaire Refrigerator October 2016 from Home Depot after purchasing a new home. Within the first year I had a tech to my home four times for various issues. The last time, summer 2017 the smartboard was changed. Here we are in February 2017 and my light has gone out. I contacted Frigidaire and was told because the year is up. All they will do is pay for parts. I was very disappointed as they can see how many times someone has to come out for issues. I will not be purchasing anymore Frigidaire products. I like and need companies that stands behind their merchandise.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I am very disappointed with the Frigidaire black stainless steel stove. I purchased in Sept. 2017 and within one month the stove is scratched. I am cleaning with product I was given and still looks horrible.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a BRAND NEW window unit... it quit working three days in. Exchanged it at Lowe's for the same exact one (same price and also a bad mistake) put the second NEW one in with the same exact problem. Tried taking that one back to Lowe's. THEY WOULDN'T TAKE IT. THERE HAS BEEN TOO MANY ISSUES WITH IT. I had to go through Frigidaire directly which has been an absolute nightmare. They sent a company to try to fix it, IT WASN'T FIXED. I called back wanting my money back or a different product. They said they couldn't do that until someone else came for a second time so I agreed ONE LAST TIME. That apt was missed because who they scheduled it with doesn't even work on units.

Now, on the phone again with Frigidaire. They are saying someone cannot come out for another 5 days. WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUYING A BRAND NEW PRODUCT IF IT DOESN'T WORK? Things happen I understand but it's been over a month since I purchased this and I called the very same day to let them know it was not working and here we are still nothing accomplished. Ridiculous. I bought it because we were cold we needed heat. It's blowing cold air!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We purchased a top of the line Frigidaire Microwave 6 months ago. A few weeks ago I put the timer on and was out of the room for about 10 minutes. I was not using any heating component of the unit. When I returned to the kitchen it was smoking and all the plastic parts inside had melted. I had to unplug it to turn it off. Ok bad but the house didn't burn down. So contact Frigidaire and they will replace it, right? Nope. Sent out a repair person about a week later who would not accommodate our work schedule to say we can fix it.

Ok, that was 2 weeks ago and they called to say we will be there Thursday between 10 am and 1 pm to fix it. Called them to say I could not be here then, I am a teacher in the middle of exams!!! Not deserting my students for a microwave I didn't break! So anyway the woman was very rude and said to call Frigidaire and tell them how I refused to accommodate them... My husband called the repair service and asked them to please find a time that works and they said no. He called Frigidaire back and they said, "Oh they don't have the parts yet, please tell me why they were going to come last Thursday if they Don't have the parts..." Anyway microwave still broken, no end in sight and a terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We spent $2000.00 on a new refrigerator, The Gallery. The ice maker on the outside AND the inside freezer doesn't work. The freezer door handle fell off after two months. Customer Service NEVER followed thru on their service calls, then told me we were considered too rural so they would not come to fix it. They gave me an out of service phone number for someone who would supposedly come fix it. We tried to just fix the ice maker ourselves, to no avail. I finally called them again, only to be put on hold for over 30 minutes. I got thru to someone who PROMISED a phone call back in three business days. That was last week. Still no response. NEVER will I buy from Frigidaire again! They should be ashamed of how they treat people!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I have never been so disappointed and angry over a purchase. I recently built my dream home and was very excited. All my appliances are Frigidaire and had always thought it was a solid product. My one yr warranty had come to an end this past May. For several weeks now my dishwasher had not been getting the dishes clean but it would work well enough when run on heavy mode. I do not use it that often so it was more of a bother than anything until I noticed several pieces of wood flooring popping up and realized I had a leak of sorts. The builder came to take a look and we saw that water was pouring out from under the dishwasher. There was mold growing.

As luck would have it my ice maker in my Frigidaire freezer stopped working as well. I called Frigidaire and was told I would have to pay for the repairs myself as it 6 months out of warranty. I have such concerns as all my other appliances are made by Frigidaire as well. So now not only are my relatively new appliances not working but I have damage to my new home. All of which I have to pay for because this company did not make a quality product.

It is just myself and my daughter who is 7 that live in my home so how much wear and tear can 2 people do in a little over a year. My builder who is one of the largest in this area in NC was disgusted as well by the response from Frigidaire and told me it's not the first time he has heard this and will no longer be recommending using them in the homes he builds as he wants to keep his reputation of quality homes. I can only tell people I know to NOT buy products by this company and if you do don't expect them to do the right thing. I had a Kenmore for over 15 years without any problems and I will be replacing my Frigidaire. I understand that things break but when something is so new and has very little wear and tear it is robbery. Now I am left with the repair cost of both as well as the cost of the damage to my new home.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

When we bought our home back in March 2016, we replaced the kitchen appliances with smudge resistant stainless steel Frigidaire ones. We quickly realized that THE HANDLES are not smudge resistant. Annoying. We also noticed that the drawers were so tight and stiff we could barely open and shut them. The company sent us a food grade silicone spray to treat the rails. THEN, 2 months after we got the appliances the motherboard on our dishwasher crapped out. We had to wait 2 weeks for the part to come in. Shortly after, the motor in the ice maker went.

Again, replacement needed. Recently, it started being fussy again, requiring the ice to constantly need to be cleared from the blade in the front or it hangs up and won’t spin. And now, AGAIN, the motherboard went on our dishwasher. And we are expecting family from out of town in a week for our daughter’s wedding. At first, Frigidaire offered to pay for the part, but wanted us to pay for the labor, because it was out of warranty, and we didn’t purchase an extended one.

So I asked them, "How is it, that we spend $580 on a new dishwasher, and we are told we need to spend an extra $100 to $200 in order for the company to stand by their product?" I told the Frigidaire representative that I felt like the extended warranty was extortion. I asked her how she would feel, if she spent that kind of money on an appliance and it lasted less than two years? I said that our last home had a cheap KitchenAid builder’s grade dishwasher, and we never had an issue with it in 10 years. She checked with the manager, and then she told me that they would do the repair for free as a one time courtesy. But that I should purchase the extended warranty??? I said no, because if it needs repairs again, I’m getting rid of it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I have Frigidaire microwave, refrigerator, stove and dishwasher that came with a new home in 2014. The dishwasher was the first to stop working due to the touchpad. The dishwasher touch pads cost $130. I had to replace it twice... Then on the third time I called it quits and bought GE dishwasher. Now my stove's touchpad is shorting out and comes on automatically. That's another $130-200 to fix. I'm not wasting my time anymore with Frigidaire. They don't stand by their products and continue to sell their faulty machinery. Don't buy from them!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I've tried 3 times in the last two days to register my new Frigidaire product unsuccessfully. I next tried unsuccessfully to contact Frigidaire online and that was also unsuccessful. I question the company's quality if they can't maintain a website. This is unsatisfactory.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In 2015 I purchased new oven, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. I have had problems with all except for the microwave (of course the least expensive item). I will never purchase Frigidaire products again. First, the dishwasher started leaking right away, within a week of installation. That was an easy fix. Soon, I noticed that the dishes really don't come out very clean. The repairman came out and told me it is working right, make sure to use the best dishwasher soap. The dishes have to be practicality clean before they go in. My old Whirlpool worked much better. Ice maker keeps breaking on the refrigerator. On the third time now. Had to buy the extended warranty. Oven push button panel already has been replaced once, out of warranty, now it is beeping and not working again. Very sorry I bought this junk.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Remodeled my kitchen less than 3 years ago purchasing all new appliances, range, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave oven, all purchased, delivered and installed on the same day. About 3 months ago I started having trouble with dishwasher whereas all lights on panel lit up and would not go off. Followed instructions to reset same result an error code stating that the control board was bad, mind you we've only used this dishwasher roughly 12 times since purchase or 4 times a year during holidays. I have posted complaints and placed phone calls with zero response. The holidays are here and I am unable to use my dishwasher which just makes it an unusable brick in my kitchen.

Additionally my refrigerator is not working properly either. It won't hold temperature, the filter leaks and seems to ice up everything. I've reset a number of times after which is the only time it works properly for a few days then back to chaos freezing everything on both sides. I'm really hoping planned obsolescence lasts longer than 2.5 years. In the meantime, I don't feel that I should be needing a new dishwasher after only 12 uses of that. I've also heard there may be a recall on my machine, but I don't know, because no one responds! Can someone please get back to us?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I bought a Frigidaire front load washer, and have had problems right from the start, so we had gotten a extended warranty through Frigidaire, and have had problem after problem (serviced at least 7 times in 3 1/2 years), and told from a Manager at customer service "Jennifer" that not only will they not replace this lemon of a washer, but are not responsible for the horrible service men they send out to my home, the first one General key Stone tried to lie and say it was something I put in my washer causing the problem to the company, but told me different, and found out from another service man that he just lied cause it was a hard to get to piece he had to replace, and then that service man who came back several times hit a valve and caused my basement to somewhat flood with this rusted water from a old pipe that was not being used, and brand new towels were ruined, along with a throw rug.

You also have to wait for the servicemen to come, (and take off from work these days, and pay for wash to be cleaned while waiting), and then wait at least a week or 2 or 3 for the parts, and then another week for the repair Apt. This company is of no help. Do not buy anything from Frigidaire including any service contract. You're better off just buying a new machine from a good company like Whirlpool. Will never purchase anything from Frigidaire again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We bought the Frigidaire Professional Series package from Build.com and since we installed everything in our new home we have had unresolved issues, dozens of service repairs and no resolve on multiple issues. The refrigerator makes loud noises (sounds like an airplane jet & chirping sounds). The oven racks do not slide in and out with ease and are scraping the coating off the inside of the oven and the surface cooktop is discolored with rust. Frigidaire did replace the range with another but we have the exact same issues again. The dishwasher never dries out and Frigidaire told us to leave the door ajar in between wash cycles.

Every time we call Frigidaire we have to explain our situation over and over. The representatives just keep sending service repair out to work on brand new appliances. 4 different repair companies have been to our home since July 2016 when we moved in. The repair shops have even contacted the Frigidaire factory technicians to tell them we need a full refund on everything and Frigidaire declines the request. We have filed a complaint with the FTC and tried so many times to get our money back. Every time we request to speak with a supervisor who can resolve our problem they tell us we have no one else to talk to. Frigidaire refuses to own up to the defects in the Profession series line. Frigidaire does not stand behind their products.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have had 2 brand new houses with Frigidaire appliances. The first set we chose, getting better than contractor-grade items, paying extra. The second house, we had no choice in brands, only color. Basically, we hate them. Both fridges have pooped out and needed fixing, and the first one was twice, going over a week without a fridge. Second one was covered by warranty, and ok so far (now 4 yrs). But many other problems - many broken door shelves - this last fridge, 4 times, as well as replacing the cheapo drawers, cracking several times at the corners. We started just Gorilla Gluing them and refuse to buy anymore.

And now, out of nowhere, our stovetop cracked while I slid a pot across to another burner. No clue why. And aside from this, it is so hard to clean! My mother-in-law saw where it wouldn’t come clean and kept scrubbing it until she finally realized it was not burned on food, but actually scratches she was making deeper! The time it takes to clean right, with many steps, just makes me not even want to use it to begin with. And then there is the dishwasher - both that I've owned have never cleaned right - the one we have now has to be cleaned out so often. The cheap dishwashers we had in apartments cleaned better than both of my Frigidaires have. Never will buy again!

Frigidaire Company Information