toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

A very pleasant fellow from Four Seasons Sunrooms gave us a good bid and we took it. They installed $23,000 worth of windows in my home. They were very efficient and did a good job.

We were interested in a sunroom. I went online and found out about Four Seasons Sunrooms. What set them apart from other companies is their true focus on sunrooms. The other companies we had in to talk about what we wanted were into windows and other things. We called Four Seasons and we found out that they have a store in the triangle area of North Carolina. The salesperson named Robert came out to the house, looked at what we wanted done, showed us or pitched the advantages of Four Seasons and we compared that to the other bid we received and explained how it would happen and when it would happen. We did have some issues with leakage, but they were addressed quickly. It took a while to find the leak, but they came out on several occasions and closed them down.

I found Four Seasons Sunrooms as a respected and more reliable company. The sales reps helped me and cooperated in all angles. Whenever I needed information, they provided it to me. It was a nice and smooth transaction. I recommended Four Seasons to two or three guys and they also got work done on the same street.

I like the price of Four Seasons Sunrooms. They worked on our sliding backdoor and the whole house. It’s doing what I needed, giving me more security and sound reduction. The installers did fast work and with no mess, which is the best part. However, one of the windows upstairs on the second floor is showing some type of leak. And they told me if the window gets fogged, that means that something’s not installed correctly, and they have to come back and check what has caused the fog on the window. I called for a repair but they never got back to me yet.

We purchased an atrium type of glass from Four Seasons Sunrooms. I installed it at the back of my house, which is an extension of my kitchen. Two years ago, I had to replace glass on the unit because the seals failed and the Four Seasons team was very helpful and did a neat job. I was happy with it and now apparently they offer a better warranty on the glass and I'm seeing what's happening right now. Overall, I am satisfied with my experiences. Four Seasons has done a nice, smooth and professional work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Sunrooms?

I went looking on the internet because I needed a new roof on the indoor pool. Four Seasons Sunrooms had the closest match to what I was looking for and some of the image samples on the website interested me. I pursued an estimate to see what it would cost and what the solution would be. The guy who came was great and very knowledgeable so we felt comfortable that we have the right solution. He had some good examples so we could see what the performance was, and the sun’s effect and heat transfer on the glass. Once that was all done and we understood and were comfortable with what it was going to cost, then a person came and did a complete evaluation for the measurement.

When the installers did the demolition of the old roof, we uncovered some remedial work was required. So we had to take a temporary halt on the job and the guys were fine with it. They did the remedial work to take the roof then they came back and completed the work. I’d have no hesitation to recommend Four Seasons Sunrooms.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons Sunrooms seemed like a better product so I had them built a sunroom. It's square with windows all around and it's got a roof. Their sales reps were reliable and responsive. If there were issues, they addressed them immediately. Their contractor was very dependable. As a matter of fact, he gave me his direct number. So whenever I needed something, he was very responsive. Overall, they did a good job and it has been a pleasurable experience.

Four Seasons Sunrooms came and installed two windows. Then they called back and came again and I got more windows. In all my experiences with them, they've been all very good. They were timely and their product is good but their price is really high.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to renovate my sun porch so I went online and looked for some companies and Four Seasons responded very quickly and were right on it. I've even gone through HomeAdvisor where there were several companies involved and one company called me a month and a half later after the job was done. The Four Seasons sales rep was good and the two gentlemen contractors worked diligently. It was a very, very pleasant experience, which is unusual when dealing with contractors. They showed up on time, finished when they said they were gonna finish, and did a good job. They redid my small, 50-year-old sunroom and I was very satisfied.

We had Four Seasons do our sunroom a few years ago. Even though it was more expensive, we went with them as the quality was there. It was excellent. Everything is very good and everyone likes our sunroom.

We got a Four Seasons flyer at our door and it said that the glass had been approved by The Architecture Society. We did another quote and compared the overall presentation given to us by the two different salesmen. The sales rep from Four Seasons came out and thoroughly explained everything to us, drew us diagrams and answered all our questions. We didn't make an immediate decision so every time we had different questions, we'd call back as we think of them and they were very patient. When we had all the information we required and felt ready to proceed, then we went ahead with it. They did our sunroom addition and the quality of work is good.

There were some minor problems with some of the finish work of the trim and when we called and reported it, it was taken care of immediately. Also, the eavesdropping wasn't put in properly at one side so there was a bit of water damage and they came in and dealt with it right away too. It's nice that whenever we called with something, we were listened and attended to right away. I only wish they had dealt with the fireplace, too, because we had to deal with it on our own and it was a bit difficult for us to coordinate everything. We had to do the choosing and we don't have the knowledge. They guided us through, but it would have been nicer if we could have just delegated it to them.

Three years ago, we contacted Four Seasons and a different builder. The works of Four Seasons appeared to be better than what the other company did so we went with Four Seasons. They enclosed our porch and the contractors did a great job because it looks like a room addition. It was summer then and the contractor did a heck of a job. The porch was already covered so he enclosed it on three sides with their windows and knocked out part of the wall. There's no doorway so it looked like it was connected to the house. He made sure that the promises were not exaggerated. Compared to other things we had done by contractors, Four Seasons did was definitely much better than the rest of them. It was a great experience and if we have another need, we definitely would contact them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got the services of Four Seasons for our 13 by 13 sunroom. They helped with the permit and they did not require most of the money up front like Home Depot. Every time they did a phase, that’s the only time they asked for money. Home Depot, since they’ve subcontracted out, they wanted 10% down just to measure. Then they wanted the rest of the money up front before they even put one piece of lumber in the yard, which I felt was completely wrong. Unfortunately, Four Seasons was going through a transition at that time. They were extremely difficult to get in touch with every time we had to question everything written in our contract. The two guys that built the sunroom tried to weasel more money out of us by saying that we didn’t pay for a knee high wall. But we did because it was stated in the contract.

The siding was supposed to match the house as stated in the contract. They said that they have to order it special. I said, “Well, it says in the contract the sidings matched. So you're going to make it match and we're not paying any extra money.” The contractor that they subcontracted out either didn’t read the contract or was just trying to weasel more money out of us. Then we had a difficult time with them trying to clean up the garbage they left. The two contractors were supposed to take it away. They finally sent a supervisor over here to clean it up. That part was very annoying. It got to a point where my husband went down there in person, and told them, “You're not calling me back. You're not doing any of this.” At this point, he said, “I'd like to tell you guys to go to hell and not finish the job, but unfortunately, we needed the job finished.”

And then after we paid them, we never saw or heard from them again. The physical product is fine. The guys did do a good job when they read the contract and did what they were supposed to do. The foundation and the windows are fine. Thank God I haven't had any leaks. I needed a screen replaced, and it turns out they wouldn't do it, so I ended up doing it myself. Though the product was good, I would probably not recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons put a sunroom in for us and at the time, they had a very good reputation. However, right from the very beginning, the design was a problem. Once we were able to get the design straightened out, I had a leak that they created and they kept saying it wasn't. I had a roofer find out that when Four Seasons joined it to the side of my house, they basically cut a hole in the roof and we're hoping that the single roofing would take care of it but it didn't. It was back and forth and it took me over a year to get the sunroom in. After that, it was nothing but trouble and I was very disappointed with them.

There were code issues that they weren't aware of. I was led to believe that it was a family-owned business, and when I was working with them, they sold it to a Canadian company. It was falling in between the cracks from this sale of the business. I never even got anyone to just say, "Well, we're sorry about what happened. What can we do to solve that?" I'm a business man myself and we could have been talked to and it wouldn't have been a big deal. But I never got anything like that. When they called me about getting replacement windows, I told them I had a problem with them and to have their manager call me, but I never got any manager. It was a terrible experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons Sunrooms built my room I had no problem with it. But when I need it to be painted, I don't know if the guy who built it hired his own people or what but they did a terrible job. He was finishing up certain areas outside. It was already getting dusk and he's still working out there. You got to keep your eyes on who else is coming in and doing work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons reps came to my home on several occasions and said that they could make the room. Then a week before they were going to do it, they told me that they were unable to put the room where they were going to because it was going to block one of the windows to my bedroom. As a result, they were going to charge me several thousand dollars more so that I could install an egress window out the front of my bedroom so that if there was a fire, I wouldn't be trapped. I was furious I wasn't going to pay that money. After they cancelled the order, someone in the company called me back and said they would cover the $2,000 fee to install the window. Overall, they wound up doing the right thing by giving me the window but my room is not four seasons. I can't use it in the winter and we can’t use it in the summer. It’s ice cold in the winter. We can’t use it. There's no heat and central air in the room. It's only a two-season room but it is a four-season roof which I don't understand. But I don't hate my room and I wouldn't get rid of it.

We had a very expensive sunroom built November 2015. In late January Four Seasons contractor (most likely sub contractor) came to do some final touches. Within a few days we had rain storm and that's when the awful leaks began. My beautiful new furniture was soaked and when I called Four Seasons to have someone come no one was able to help or send anyone over. I was told they had people on call. That's when my emails began. I documented everything in Email.

From that first weekend in February 2016 to present they have tried every excuse to take blame off of them. They tried convincing me it was my roof, my skylights, the solar panels etc. At one point when I was at my limit John made a very sarcastic remark that made my blood boil. We had to pay to have some solar panels removed. Four Seasons hired a roofing company to come and look under the tiles and what not. They finally discovered that the contractor didn't seal something. I waited until after we had some rain to have panels reinstalled. And wouldn't you know it a few days ago there was a new leak in a different spot. I contacted them Thursday and they aren't coming until today Tuesday. You would think with all that we dealt with for 11 months they would be going out of their way to come asap. Nope! The one star is for Janet the rep who always responded to my emails and tried her best to keep me calm.

We used Four Seasons for a previous room we had which was destroyed by Sandy and my most recent experience with them was terrible. The salesperson who came here and their project manager were total frauds. Four Seasons came here and said that they'll take the contract away from Allure if I gave them first option, that they'll give me this and this, that they're gonna make the bill higher than it should be and that anything I get above that is mine to keep. But when it all settled out, the salesperson and project manager backed off and didn't back it up.

The original contract called for rugging, but I never got half of what they had promised. Those people should be fired. They destroyed my wife and I for months. We went through hell and hell with the pressure that was put on us wondering about whether we're gonna be charged with fraud. I was ready to go to the New York State insurance or the attorney general and turn the salesperson and project manager in. Apart from that, the contractors who installed a completely new sunroom were excellent. That's what made the whole deal better. But I will never recommend Four Seasons again only because of the frontline people who I don't trust and are fraudulent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sunroom that I got from Four Seasons about a decade ago seems to be of pretty good quality. In many ways, I like it. But Four Seasons' sales rep was misleading about the sunroom's insulating capability and lied about what is needed for it and what it can do. It doesn't hold heat in so I have to have a two-ton heating unit, which is enormous for just a sunroom, plus a very large capacity plug-in heater to keep us warm in winter. The sales rep also said that I won't even feel the heat coming in in the summer but the glass lets in much heat. So, they misrepresented it, which is a relatively serious matter and should be brought to the attention of the people who make the decisions about how they change their sales staff. It's one thing to make a sale and another to lie about the features of what they're selling. It was totally lied about. But at any rate, I'm satisfied with the sunroom because I'm able to deal with the problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Four Seasons Sunrooms' guys come over two to three times fix my sunroom's leak but they couldn't find it. I had it for about 20 years and I had all the glass replaced two years ago now. The guys had shield this and that and it held in and then all of a sudden, just a few weeks ago on a torrential downpour, there was water again in that area. Maybe it comes down in certain directions of it. They tried to do a good job but it's still not a hundred percent fixed. They think it might be something to do with the siding, but it was there before they put the newer windows in and I had no leaks there on the old one. I'm not happy with it but I know I can live with it. It doesn't happen continuously but there is something wrong somewhere.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons did my sunroom and the work was good. The only issue that I ended up having to fix was the seams. There's no shingles on the roof, so it's just a panel, and they just caulked all the seams and I had problems with leaks. They came back a couple of times to re-caulk things and what I ended up doing was I bought like a roll of tape but instead of adhesive, it's tar. I had to lay this down on all the seams to seal it and ever since I used that, I've never had any problems with leaks. It would be nice if Four Seasons would do that when they install because then you wouldn't have to worry about it. It cost me $200 for the material. For the amount of money that you pay for the room for them to spend a couple of hundred bucks to put the stuff on shouldn't be a big deal. But that's the only complaint that I have and everything else has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons experience was nothing short of wonderful when they helped me build a greenhouse. They did an immaculate job. The sales representatives at Four Seasons were very cooperative and detailed. I really had zero-complaints with them. My wife is even more particular than I and she was happy. She was the one who remarked right away, "They partitioned the area off and they cleaned every single day before they left," because my ex-wife was a clean-freak. My greenhouse was built in '89. Much of the glass was changed in 2006 and it's perfect. The new glass is superior energy-wise. Everything was wonderful and terrific.

I was online looking for sun windows, punched for quotes, and got a phone call from Four Seasons. I set up an appointment a couple of days later and a sales rep came by who showed us the difference between their product and the other products out there. He had a cut-away of the framing and showed how much thicker it was as well as how much more channels helped to prevent the weather from coming in. He also showed us the gaps in between the panes of glass bearing the heat block. He was real informative and knowledgeable about the product. We liked the sales pitch and he basically sold us on it through the demo.

We got the windows and the work was good. Once the windows came in, the crew got there and they were pretty efficient. They were able to take out the old windows, get rid of all that old debris, double-check for any broken glass and whatnot. Then they installed the new stuff, made sure that they caulked everything up real good, and finally left me a phone number to call in case within the next day or so there was something I didn't like about it and so they should come right back out to fix it. But everything was good and the windows are a superior product. It has been an easy and simple experience without any hard decision. It only took a couple of phone calls and it was done.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found Four Seasons on the internet and they're apparently the big cheese in Long Island in terms of sunrooms. I did a little research then went to the factory in Holbrook and I was impressed by the product so I bought it. I got a sunroom and the glass structure with the aluminum and everything was very good quality. I had some problems with some water coming in but the guy came and fixed it so it's been that way ever since. The sunroom held up over the years.

Most of my interactions with the contractors were with getting the permits. I had an easement, which was ridiculous and very difficult to get. I started looking at the sunroom in the summer and they didn't actually install it until the winter. It's not because it's anything to do with Four Seasons but it was with the permit process. Then the contractors did the work very quickly. Still, it was a shame because I didn't get to really use it till the next season, but other than that everything went well. I'm even thinking of using them again for a small project of getting an enclosure involving curved glass surfaces in another house I own if they have the will with all to do it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We drove past the showroom of Four Seasons a number of times. One day my wife said, "Let's look further." When we looked in, we decided that we wanted them to install a sunroom for us. And it's the best addition we made to the house. The sunroom is a joy to have. We liked the design which is 98% glass and some aluminum. The roof is all glass, so you could sit outside in the rain and watch the rain come down and hit the roof panels.

When we were asking about the glass, their sales rep impressed me. He reached into his pocket, took out his ring of keys, threw them at a piece of glass, and said, "See that? Nothing will ever happen to it." In fact, we had an experience with the glass a year and a half ago when the wind got so hard. The cap of our chimney, which is about six feet away from the sunroom, got picked up in the air and came smashing down on one of the roof panels, but the glass didn't break. I had the cap tightened on as tight as I could, but it cracked off and broke some of the Orangeburg pipe liner of the chimney, and I could tell where the broken piece hit the glass because I could see the orange color mark from the clay pipe which was quite heavy. So, I said, "The glass roof is pretty good. It's not gonna break easily." You have to have something sharp like an axe or a big, heavy tree branch to break it.

I'm an engineer and it looked like the sunroom was put together very well. And the fellows who did the installation were very knowledgeable with the whole thing because they brought all the parts and laid these out in our backyard. Then one by one, they started bringing these closer to the house to do the installation. The only problem that we had was with the gutters for the rain. Last year, we had a lot of snow. When the sun came up, it melted some of the snow, and then at night the snow froze, slid off the roof into the gutters, stretched the gutter, and messed up one of the end attachments that the fellows had put on when they put the room up.

But Four Seasons sent out a technician to do the repair. He spent two hours at the house fixing the misshapen part and bending it back into shape. He also knew what he was doing and that impressed me. I'm a do-it-yourself person and tried to bend the part back into shape, but I could not move it. I have put up my own gutters and downspouts, and the material that the gutters was made of was three times as thick and much stronger than the stuff that I had put on the house when we first bought it and moved in. But they're all put together now. We don't have any leaks and it's a joy.

We had two huge trees before in our yard, but Hurricane Sandy took them down, and thank God these dropped away from the house. Now the sunroom is in the sun all the time, with no trees to shade it. But we always have a breeze coming out of the north, so it never really gets too hot in the room, and it's about 50 to 60 degrees there now. It's pleasant to sit out there in this kind of weather. I believe we were well taken care of by Four Seasons, and that's why we have recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was riding in South Hampton and saw Four Seasons' showroom. My husband and I went in and we got our first sunroom. The one I have now is my second purchase. I like the sunroom very much. The quality is right. But the fan with the new one I got didn't really last that long and I was a little upset with that. Also, it's now leaking. But other than that, I've been very contented with it. I would recommend Four Seasons.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a sunroom and a kitchen from Four Seasons. It was their reputation and lifetime warranty that made me choose them. The quality of their work was beautiful for until now it still looks great. They came one time because the lock on the backdoor of the sunroom went wonky so they fixed it. However, I had an issue with the kitchen contractor basically because of laziness but everybody else worked their butts off and kept the place nice and clean. If I had to do something major like that again, I would go with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Four Seasons Sunrooms work in our area so I visited their showroom and scheduled an appointment. I had them put a complete sunroom and their quality is good. It has been a long time that I had it done and it's still working. However, when I had a problem with one of the windows, they just fixed it and they didn't change it, but it's fine. It still doesn't work a 100% but it's doable. Overall, it was a good experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons Sunrooms is a reputable and long-standing company so I got them to build me a room. It is about ten years old now and we've had almost no problems. I would recommend them. The only thing that I see as potential problem is some of the plastic stripping on the inside of the windows is beginning to turn color from white to an off ivory. But the white metal that the stripping is next to hasn't changed. It's an aesthetic issue and I was gonna contact them about it.

Four Seasons Sunrooms

Hi Fred, Thanks for this review and taking the time to write it. We are glad to hear that you had a nice experience with Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows. We appreciate feedback like this. Thank you for being a loyal Four Seasons customer.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

We'd been to The Four Seasons office on the highway and the salesman was friendly and knowledgeable. He came and brought the vice president of operations and they took measurements because our windows aren’t all the same size. They had to play a little bit with it to get the right match and they did a fantastic job. They made us a proposal and we took it as we liked it. The material was delivered in good shape, and everything fit. The sunroom has been put up and it’s still running good.

Four Seasons Sunrooms Company Profile