toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

The windows themselves are fine. The quality/workmanship of the caulking job was mediocre at best. I wouldn't let those particular installers anywhere near my home again. I would possibly use Four Seasons again but only with different installers.

It was a bad experience from the wait after ordering to the installation of my 13 new windows. The measurements were wrong, the reorder was long, and I wasn't able to get the window design I initially ordered. The only good experience I had was the product is good and the installers were nice. I would not recommend Four Seasons.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We expanded our kitchen, so I made a greenhouse type dining room. The sales guy was good. However, there was a little bit of a friction between my carpenter and the installers because the installers said, "Oh boy, the carpenter's gonna have a hell of a time with this one" not knowing that the carpenter was standing right behind him. That was a little tense there for a few minutes. But that was squared away and luckily, I had an excellent carpenter. I've had it for a long time now and when Hurricane Sandy hit, a tree came down on it and did some damage. And even though that the unit's a little bit older, Four Seasons was very good about coming out for the replacements and fixing it. They're all up good as new.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I selected Four Seasons Sunrooms because of what I thought was a good reputation, but they were far from it. There were a number of problems in the construction. It had leaks after it was finished and I had to have them back a couple of times to fix it but I'm not really impressed with it. When the homeowner's insurance underwriters came and took a look at it, their estimate for replacing it in the case of a fire was about 40% of what it cost me to put it on.

I had all the windows replaced in my sunroom except for some on the sides due to a tree falling on it. They were never right from the beginning. They had to come back a few times because of the leaks. It did start leaking three times of coming. Several years later it started to leak in all different spots. I called them again as they told me these windows were guaranteed for life. However I've called and spoke to several people in the company and they're telling me that it is not covered for leaks only if the window breaks. That is totally ridiculous. They said they would have to charge me to be fixed. And now till this day have 4 to 5 different spots where the windows leak every time it rains. I am so upset with this Company and would never recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Sunrooms?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I tried to find an installer for my windows, I looked at some of the local installers. And when I saw the catalog of Four Season, I decided to choose them. The installation was done several years ago and they were okay. Also, the representative is quite knowledgeable about the installation and the quality, he explained clearly.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did some search on internet and found some reviews about Four Seasons Sunroom that were all positive. I called them, had the salesman over, the salesman was good enough to convince me that they’re gonna do a good job. They built a sunroom in the backyard. They’re great and overall quality of work was excellent. Very friendly, good customer service. They always respond on time. We had a couple of things here and there that I needed some help or explanation and they were always able to help me. Their contractor was always on time, they promised the delivery time and everything. They got the permit and everything adequately. No problems at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons Sunrooms was terrible. They didn't tell us any additional cost from the beginning and we paid them $900 per month. It costed us over $72,000 for the whole sunroom and it was just one thing. We were left to believe that everything would be covered from beginning to end but additional costs came up. The only thing that we had to purchase was the floor. But then when it came to doing the drywall, they were just going to leave the bricks and the roof open the way that it was. There was already a roof to begin with. They said it would mean additional cost to do the drywall for all of that. The guy they subcontracted to do the drywall said he will do that and he did finish it. But now there's a leak on the roof because there's water damage on the ceiling.

The other thing was when they had subcontracted the work, the guy was quite messy as far as leaving two of the nails. I was getting in the driveway while he was doing that so I ended up getting a nail in the tire. I had to change that tire because they couldn’t just plug it in with the hazard of it blowing up on me when I was driving. When I contacted Four Seasons, the project manager put that forth and said, “Send us the bill and we'll take care of it.” But nothing ever happened, and I was so livid. I phoned them back and he said to me, “Oh, when everything is going your way, you're really nice, and when everything doesn’t go your way, you're quite nasty.” I said, “Exactly what is it that you’ve done for me thus far?” I said, “You think you’ve paid for the tire that I've replaced? You haven't. Any concern that I've had, you’ve not addressed it.” So it's very bad.

Then after that, the windows were rattling like crazy. It was almost like the entire section was open because of the number of flies and everything that were coming through was incredible. When I called Four Seasons in Toronto we found out that it's already gone belly-up so we had to call another Four Seasons location. When we called them, they said, “Oh, we don’t really come out, and it doesn’t sound like it's any sort of like a defect.” So I went out and just got one of those water stripping seals, and I sealed all around the opening or the seal where the screen goes. That cut out all of the flies and everything coming into the room and therefore into the house.

Then the next year, we were getting letters from Hydro One saying, “What is it that’s going on in your home that’s making your energy cost going up so high? You're like 10 times or 12 times over your neighbors.” So, I called them and we had asked several times about the cost of heating that room because it was being heated by electricity. He said, “Oh, no, no. It's only gonna make a difference maybe $20, $30 at the most to the heating price or the bill that you're receiving.”

When we were getting billed about $800 every month, we were just floored not knowing what the hell is going on. My Dad had even asked before they put the electrical unit, “Can we do gas because that would be cheaper to run?”, if it was possible. The rep said, “Oh, no. We can't do gas. We did it before and it didn’t turn out to be very energy-efficient,” and so on and so forth. They went ahead and put the electric unit in. After the second year, we decided to turn it into the gas unit. Now, it's about $20 more to my heating bills compared to having it left with the electric.

We will definitely not refer anybody to Four Seasons. Number one, it was very expensive. And then, the way that the contract was signed, we had just signed it not knowing anything or even comparing the prices. We were already locked in because the rep said, “Oh, you don’t need to shop around.” So that one month waiver where we would cancel the contract, we've already signed it not knowing what we were signing. All in all, it definitely was not a pleasant experience dealing with Four Seasons.

The design and implementation of the Four Seasons hardware was fine. The sunroom is very nice and suits the objectives we set out for. It’s a worthy extension to the house. We have a couple of issues regarding the electrical and the interface between the sunroom and the existing house. When it rains, the breaker pops. There's water getting into some of the electrical connections that the contractor left behind. The stuff that did not work 100% is a fault that had to do with the contractor's work, having very little to do with the sunroom design which provides the shell of the building. But the sunroom is great.

Our experience with Four Seasons was so terrible on multiple occasions for various reasons, that I will NEVER choose to use this company again. I would intentionally look for another company. They already know that. Our last experience with them was about 3 years ago.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons Sunrooms replaced all my windows. I have 30 something windows done. It was very good. But there was only one window that later on I kept seeing water in my dining room and didn’t understand what it was. Later on somebody came back and they forgot to cork the outside of that window. But other than that, it was great.

However I didn’t like that the screen pops out whole. If you want to stick your head out the window it’s very difficult to get the screens back in. I didn’t realize when I purchase them that it would be just one big frame. I can never open my window especially on second floor. I’ve never taken my screens out because I’m afraid to get them back in. There are these little plastic tabs on the screen and the very first time I actually pull the screen out, the tab broke. So I never took a screen out ever again. So anything that collects at the window sill, you can’t open up the screens to dust it out. I wish I would have realized the screens was one giant screen, cause I have some big windows.

We looked for window replacement people on the internet and saw Four Seasons Sunrooms. They weren't the cheapest but we liked the mechanics and the profile of the window best. We had replacement windows from them. The overall quality of the initial installation was fine. But I had a problem with the window.

We have a really big house and we have really tall windows so I hire a window cleaning company. The little gentleman that I hired, that has always done our windows here, said "I'm having difficulty with about six of these screens. I can't get them to pop in correctly".

I have been communicating, back and forth, with someone at Holbrook, New York. I said specifically in my original email that I had screens that didn't fit. They wanted to know what was my warranty number and I didn't have any paperwork that showed a warranty number. I had this little trifle card that says my warranty, but no warranty number. I gave them the information of when we bought it and from who and they managed to get a warranty number. Then they wanted to know if these screens that are damaged, have ever been stored. I said, "If you would read my original email, you will see that I don't have damaged screens. I have some that just don't pop into place." I asked them in my original email if there is some trick to get things to go into place, that's all I needed to know. Then I could tell Mr. Window Washer guy how to do it.

They send me this email, gave me my warranty number and sent me a multi-page attachment asking, with window drawings on it, if I can pinpoint the windows where the screens were damaged. I mean those are just windows with measurements on them. I have three 12 foot windows in my living room that match and I pick those out because there's three of the same size. It's just been a hassle trying to get some service. The gentleman that they sent out argued with me for three days before I finally had to call back up to New York. He came out and he was surly, ugly and hateful. He was not a good representative of Four Season Windows. To sum it all up, the warranty service sucks. I'm just really disappointed. We paid a lot of money for these windows.

We were looking for windows and looked Four Seasons up. I used to drive by them when I went to work and just remembered their name. The sales representative was nice and let us know everything. It was all a quick process with Four Seasons. Once we got them, they came in, took out my old windows and put in the new ones. It took several hours and that's with them breaking out the old windows and cleaning up the mess so we didn’t have to worry about it, especially that we had young kids.

I really like the windows. They look very good. They add to the outside appearance of my 30-year-old house. People passing by were stopping and asking questions about them. We even had a cop stop by to see. They’re also tinted, so we don't have so much light glaring in. With the new windows, the sounds from the streets are a lot less too. Like last night, we had a rainstorm come through and I didn't hear the thunder and lightning like I used to all the time.

We had windows put in by Four Seasons. Their prices were within our range and we liked their product. Also, their representatives were knowledgeable and helped with questions. However, they called us many times to see if we wanted additional products. That was irritating but it wasn't a problem. Nevertheless, when we were dealing with them about the work that we actually wanted, they were great.

We had two rounds of installation. There weren't any hiccups the first time. The second time, the guy came expecting an easier job so he didn't have some of the tools and probably needed another person. I was worried about one person trying to hang out of a fourth-story window to do the job. He was upset with his supervisor about it at the time but he did the job anyway. It's been a few years and we're still loving the product. Four Seasons was great and I would work with them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Four Season’s ad in a trade paper. I liked the pictures, what they showed their work. Called them and people came out to do the work. They did a screened room for me. Overall quality of work is very good. Had one thing though, the electrician hadn’t finished the work and they wanted full payment for it. We told them that we wanted the work finished before we completed payment. They were a subcontractor so that wasn’t Four Seasons fault.

Four Seasons did a good job. The guy who installed the screen and put up the framework for it did a real good job. Made sure it was done well. He took a few minutes to explain about it and told us what to look for. I like to ask questions and understand what’s happening and he was good to do that. They were very nice about that. I was satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons has been around quite a long time and I thought that they would actually be good. But they're horrible people and I would never do business with them again. They couldn’t deliver what they promised to me. I signed the contract, they ordered my part and they said it'll be in in three weeks. But it wasn’t in for three months. Every time I called them, no one had any kind of idea whatsoever what I was talking about or what my order was.

Finally, I took my option of canceling in a timely manner. I spoke to the president of Four Seasons and he apologized for all the mistakes and said that he will expedite my refund, which took six weeks and 14 phone calls to accomplish. It was on a credit card and all they had to do was go to their credit card machine and issue a refund, but they played around with me. At the very last minute they decided, “We can do this project for you tomorrow.” But I said no. There's plenty of people out there that will do what you want them to do. There are very few people or companies in the world that sell exclusive kinds of things. And I can't stand people that don’t treat people the way they expected to be treated. So I wouldn't recommend Four Seasons to an enemy because it's too painful to deal with these people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Four Seasons is beautiful. We had a sunroom with them and their people were wonderful. Their sales rep was a very good person and their contractors were beautiful people. Everything was fantastic. In fact, I recommended many people to go with them.

I have been enjoying my Four Seasons sunroom for over 2 years now... It's such a pleasure to spend time there that I don't sit in many other areas of my home now! The install went smoothly (even in the DEAD of WINTER!!) and by late January I was having my coffee whilst watching the birds at my feeder! Thank you to Rex and his son who did the assembly... Awesome job!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We rebuilt our porch a few years ago and the experience was good. We were satisfied with the quality, the timing and the people at Four Seasons. The rep was very friendly and cooperative. There was some tardiness at the beginning with getting the people out to get the foundation in and that dragged on for a while, but eventually it was done well enough and it passed the code. Everything is still in place even after Hurricane Matthew.

From 1 to 10, I will give a 7. Frame of my "new" windows have a few scratches. It happened during installation. I also found the wall (around the frame) chipped, I guess it was from the window hitting the wall. The two guys that came didn't have a clue of where the windows were going. I had to instruct them and also they brought the wrong window, they called me and offer me to exchanged it. That only shows that they were not 100% fulfill with customer order.

I would never call you again. The windows are terrible. Very drafty, wind blows thru them and very cold. I have had someone here three times to check out windows but can never find anything wrong. It is the grade of the windows.

Wow, it has been 2 years since I contacted Four Seasons to replace the glass of my Four Seasons windows/doors. Apparently the Houston franchise has a problem staying in business. I had to contact the Austin franchise to be told that Houston was closed. I wouldn't do business with Four Seasons again. I found out after the purchase that they are overpriced. Plus the enclosing section leaked.

I commend the sales people for trying to sell me a finished product that fit into my budget. For the most part, they did do that. However, the communication between the office, myself and the cabinet manufacturer was not good at all. "Unexpected costs", like the electrical needing upgrading, came up to about $5k (over my budget). The cabinets were too big to fit through the door (which then had to be cut down and brought in). The time to finish the project was delayed by about 3 weeks for various reasons unclear to me (and the office was not clear in explaining). I felt that I had to chase them to finish my kitchen. The final product was nice looking, but hindsight being 20/20, I would not use them again.

My wife was at one of Four Seasons' home shows in early 2013. She had a private meeting with one of the salespeople who quoted a price of $15,000 to $20,000 to put a small sunroom next to our dining room. They also made it sound like they could deliver something that was a superior product. The next time the salesman came to the house, he had a quote which was way higher. It was starting at $65,000. He said that if I act right away, they'll get it down to roughly $39,000. That's way too high a jump. I asked for the reason for this change and he couldn't give me any specific reasons. But he got his boss on the line and we came down to a new price of $30,000 but due to an oversight, that wasn't even honored. It went back up at a $36,000-level.

Then, beyond that, we were told that these structures were really good in all environments, including winter. It was finally finished towards the end of 2013 and it was a cold winter. We were getting ice buildup on the inside of the post of the sunroom and that was due to things like faulty installation. I ended up hiring a reputable independent engineering consulting firm to do thermographic analysis that showed that there were definitely gaps in the installation in the posts and that's why the cold was coming through. Four Seasons tried to fix it but it didn't work very well. I ended up hiring somebody else to fix it on my own. Those were the two of many things. But there's a whole bunch of construction related issues that I wasn't happy with like the quality of the workmanship was sub-par for sure.

I had to waste hundreds of hours fighting this. We ended up launching civil court proceedings against Four Seasons. Their former head of the Toronto office really refused to take any responsibility calling it a manufacturing issue so, I had to call their head office in Long Island, New York. There's a lot of phone calls and just a bad experience all the way around. I know it's a franchise operation and some local shops are probably better than others but the Toronto office was a complete disaster. I'm extremely dissatisfied and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

We were unable to remove our casement windows for cleaning because they were installed improperly. The technician came over and did the necessary modifications that would allow them to be removed for cleaning. I don't remember his but he did a great job!

It appeared that the shower was going to be awesome. BUT they had to re-route the drain. Apparently no one measured for that. After 2 major leaks from the shower drain into our kitchen that ruined part of the ceiling, their plumber came back and resealed the drain. The third time was it. I called and Joe came. They did not secure the bottom of the drain. They had to shore up the kitchen ceiling, to prevent the base which had no support under it from breaking again. They fixed that and sheet rocked the area in the kitchen, putting only one coat on it. Now I have to hire someone else to finish the job, and repaint the ceiling. I was told that plumber was fired, but that didn't help me. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone or use them again.

Four Seasons Sunrooms

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. 100% customer satisfaction is what we strive for. Please contact us if we can further assist you at reviews@fourseasonssunrooms.com. Thank you!

Original review: March 28, 2017

The Four Seasons Patio Cover was done under a City of San Jose Building Permit and was successfully completed/signed-off in September 2014. This Patio Cover has been a wonderful, permanent addition to our home. However, we did not enclose the patio to turn the patio into a "sun room". The only disappointing feature of this Patio Cover is that the water-seal (1) between the Patio Cover and our house and (2) above the gutter/drainage side of the Patio Cover was not complete. Because the installation was completed before we had our 2014-2015 El Nino rainstorms, there was no way to tell how good the water-sealing process had been performed. The Patio Cover leaks in the above-two areas.

We have 4 sky lights and one of them leak only during soft rains. It's rather interesting that during heavy rains there isn't a leak. Secondly the exterior roof drainage system leaks underneath the gutter system, which is a design failure. Water is getting down inside the roofing material and transferring to an area under the exterior roofing that shouldn't have water.

My experience with Four Seasons was not a very good one. They took too long to start and to finish. They had 2 sets of plans one for the contractors and one for the town and neither one was the same. When confronted they were forced to change the roof line and wanted additional money from me which I would not give since they were given enough money. The entire process is much too lengthy to go into. They did make good on most things but my son had to finish off the rest.

In 2013, we approached the Houston branch of Four Seasons to construct a new sunroom to replace one with a leaky roof. Following the initial meetings, the signing of a contract, the proffer of deposit checks, the beginning of the actual construction, and the completion of what should have been a fairly routine project, we sorely regretted ever thinking this was a good idea. From first meeting until last adjustment took well over a year, most of which was spent just waiting for the company to do something - anything. The management, the ordering of the appropriate materials, and the actual construction were all fraught with incompetence and indifference. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Four Seasons Sunrooms Company Profile