toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Four Seasons did very good windows for me. Their sales representative was good, very knowledgeable, and answered all my questions. The contractors were very nice, helpful, knowledgeable, clean, fast, and finished when they were supposed to. So, everything was fine. I'm very happy with my windows and they look wonderful.

It has been a while since I've used Four Seasons. The overall quality of the work wasn't as good as I expected for what I paid, but a little hindsight already. After looking around, I could've gotten what I purchased for about half the overall price.

My experience with Four Seasons was terrible. When the salesman came, he said that they'll see me through the entire process so, we went all the way. We're in Brooklyn and we went out to Long Island to look at something but I had no idea what to choose and we called them. I never got an answer and we end up choosing something myself. It wound up looking very nice but the point is I don't have a light for that that's why I went to somebody to do the whole entire project. I needed somebody to put it together for me, 'cause I don't have a good eye but they never answered. Then, I called a lot because when they first took the cabinets down, I had to have the old wallpaper removed. The guy said just to prime it and then they have to paint it also. So, I called them and nobody ever got back to me and the guys there painted it, but it was wrong. It should have been just primed and painted after.

Also, the electrician was a horrible person and he did a terrible job. Instead of being in the wall, he had the stuff out of the wall. The whole thing had to be done over. I also asked him to clip this old phone wire 'cause it goes into the molding between the wall and the floor but he said they don't do that. When they came to fix something with the electricity, they wound up putting it under the cabinet, 'cause they didn't go into the wall. It actually looks nice that way but there is a little metal piece so, I asked if they have something to cover up the exposed wires but they didn't have it on the truck. I ended up going to Home Depot, find it and put it myself.

Then, the guy who did the floor was nice. I asked him to please cover all the holes underneath the refrigerator so the mice can't come into here. But he left an opening underneath the refrigerator. There's also a spot where he missed and in the front. There's a little piece that should have been there and it's not. I can also see the nails. Other people who had their kitchens done usually have a strip of wood that covers the nails but I don't have that. Also, the doors didn't fit in the cabinet over the refrigerator. I look at the one where the microwave is and they should have been reversed. The doors didn't fit because it's a smaller one and the microwave doesn't come all the way down to the very end. But it looks like nothing was measured wrong but it looks like the edges are unfinished.

It also took much longer than it was supposed to. Mostly because of the electrician. Quite often, I'd be sitting there waiting for them to come and they wouldn't show up. They would say they didn't say they were coming but I'm pretty agreeable so I let a lot of stuff go. But I would never recommend them to anybody. I'm really unhappy.

I re-did my kitchen so, I bought my kitchen cabinets with Four Seasons and it was pretty good. But I had some difficulty with the guys making the cabinets for my oven to go into and we had to go back and forth more than a few times. The first time they made it was for the oven to go in and then drop down and then my cooktop was gonna be set on top of the granite. I told them that that's not the right way that it was supposed to be made.

I had about seven people here and we were all trying to figure out and go over how this cabinet can be made because the way they made it was gonna be very difficult if I needed repairs. They would have had to take the cooktop off and then they would have had an inch on each side to put the fingers in to try and pull up this GE oven out from the cabinet. I told the guy they have to remake this cabinet over because the oven has to slide in and slide out. It has to be that easy. It can't go in and then drop down where it'll have a lift because it's gonna be too difficult to pick up. Also, if, God forbid, I need repairs, they're gonna charge me extra to have to do all that work and then they might even have to destroy the cabinet to try to get it out. So, we had a few disagreements on that. They could have just looked a little more carefully and taken into consideration what I took into consideration.

Then they finally came to make it but it's almost like they didn't wanna have to go and re-do the whole thing. They were trying to see if they can modify it but I told them they have to make me a whole new one. So, they did it and it's better now. Also, my spice rack which comes out on either side of my oven when you push in, the front of it looks just like a flat piece of molding with some lines. I have a dark chestnut color. When the thing opens, the very top of it has no finish to it. It was just bare wood. It doesn't look like something that comes from a company that everybody says is expensive and very good. So, they had to re-do them and bring them back again. They put them in but it's still a little bit lighter than my cabinet.

There were some times that they seemed a little agitated. When I was trying to get answers, sometimes they didn't answer very quickly or they would send me a text message that they can't talk or they're busy. But if you're with me and I'm also a customer, if you have a second guy, they can tell them to help. They said they sent me their best guys because they saw that I was a little bit on the pickier side. But I was spending a lot of money so I have the right to be picky. There were some things here and there that they could have done a little bit better but the guys that they put in were good.

I'm very satisfied with the windows I got from Four Seasons. They're great and I love them. However, the aluminum on the side is getting really black and I just noticed that there's a little crack on the sills that I'd like to get resealed again. Nonetheless, the contractor who came was really courteous and I like him really much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Sunrooms?

The workers who came to put the Four Seasons windows in were wonderful, they did their job for one day, and everything went smooth and perfect. The windows are wonderful and I really enjoy them for both summer and the winter. It's easy to clean and I'm really glad that I did that in the basement of my house. The experience is wonderful and I'm very satisfied.

Going back a few years, I called Four Seasons several times for a particular item that I wanted to add on since mine is just a plain screen room that is attached to the back of my garage. And I just wanted some other panels that come up a little bit, so that when my sprinkle system goes on, it wouldn't come in to the room. But nobody ever really answers the phone so I had to drive to the showroom trying to find somebody to talk to. Then I spoke with one of the managers there who assured me and gave me his email address. I took pictures of what I wanted to do like they didn't have this paperwork in their files. Then finally, he sent somebody out and they did the work that I wanted to be done, but it was just a hard process to get them back to do anything. Their support was terrible.

I wouldn't do business with them again. If I need screens repaired, my husband will do it. But other than that, the product is wonderful. I know somebody else that has their screen room and it's absolutely beautiful. I would recommend Four Seasons, but I would tell the interested party about the service first and then let them make their own decision.

I'm happy with the windows I purchased from Four Seasons a few years ago. They're durable, well-built, and I haven't had a problem with it. The quality of work was very good and they still look brand new because I take good care of them. The only thing they shouldn't have done is use the elastic caulk or clear silicone that is not paintable. They should match the silicone trim over the window. At any rate, I already have recommended Four Seasons to people who have looked at them.

We went to the home show here in Oakville at the Arena and we were impressed with Four Seasons Sunrooms' product. We put a sunroom off of a den. The sales rep was good and every questions or problems were looked after. The contractor was a real nice guy and a hard worker. He explained to us what he was doing, took his time and did it right. Everything got cleaned up nicely, too. We were pleased with the finished product and have had lots of comments on it. The sunroom gives us lots of use. I would recommend Four Seasons.

Four Seasons was the only company doing windows or sun rooms in Houston that I could find to do what I wanted to do. They built two sun rooms for me. The quality of the work was good and the sun rooms are very nice, but the service was very bad. It looks like they subcontract a lot of the work. The scheduling took way longer than what was expected. The sales representative at our first appointment was good, though, and was quick in sending a proposal. However, as soon as we signed the contract and they got the first check, the work got delayed a lot and took months to complete.

After a while, I found out that there were many things happening internally that delayed the project a lot. There was a lot of rotations. I spoke to three operation managers. The first one either left or was fired, the second one left, and the other one just passed away. While calling the contact details they left, a lady would answer and it sounded like it was a call center. Then she'lld say, "Yes, I'll get your message and then they would call back."

Ultimately, the sun rooms were finished. But there was an issue with the electrical work. It didn't work in one of the sun rooms, but I didn't realize this until months after they had finished. I tried to have a fan installed but that person told me, "They did something wrong here. You need to call your guys to fix it because I cannot fix it. I'm not authorized." So, I called and called and called Four Seasons but they never came back to me.

Months passed until I called another electrician and said, "Hey listen, I have this fan that needs to be installed but I find that there's something wrong with the electrical work and the previous guy didn't want to mess around with it." The electrician said he'll do it and he fixed it. Then, I never managed to speak with Four Seasons ever again. I have moved out and I now lease the house, but so far my tenant hasn't complained of leaks or any other issues. Overall, it was a mediocre experience with Four Seasons.

Four Seasons looked like they had the best made windows. However, they installed my windows with screens that had tears in them and got them replaced with torn screens with a little duct tape. There were three-inch rips on two out of four screens, which is fine, but the bugs get in those rips and I hate that they pour in after I paid $1,000 for the window, and I had four windows replaced for $3,800. That made me mad. Then I called them, they said they'd sent somebody out, but they never came. Apart from that, I like the windows. They're real nice.

We had The Series 230 Conservatory Victorian design installed by Four Seasons a couple of years back. The design is wonderful and it looks really good. Their people were friendly and we had a good relationship with the sales representative. However, the biggest problem was poor insulation in the framework. The design allowed for cold transfer to the interior, creating condensation and there was a lot of work involved in trying to retrofit things to reduce the cold pockets. They could've had a better-designed insulation around the perimeter of the framework. In addition, the room gets very hot in the summer. There's a huge push on the gas that's between the window pane and the reflective coatings that keep the heat out. Also, it's cold in the winter.

During the course of the entire project, we had follow-up issues, problems and a bunch of delays. So after we did the installation, we started digging to see if other people had this problem, too. We discovered that we hadn't really done our homework because there was a whole bunch of people that's in a prior incarnation of the company. They did a big restructuring five years ago where they left a whole bunch of customers hanging to dry and telling the existing base that their warranties were not valid. There were lots of ugly reviews about sales reps that went missing, deposits that were put down and not paid. The problem that's always been with them is huge deposits and big delays in getting the project going.

Also, some of the installers were not that qualified. They were making goofy structural installation mistakes. Moreover, we rely on the sales people to have some degree of awareness of some of the municipal barriers towards putting additions on. We were assured that there would be no problem and we're backed on a ravine. We had a year of delay with trying to get an approval for Conservation Halton, because of the building being closer to the top of the hill. Their people should have known that and not have assumed that it was a slam dunk, easy peasy to go ahead with. We were expecting to have the back done before the renovation. The one-year renovation was finished before the sunroom was started. The process and the support from Four Seasons along the way, keeping us in the loop, and making us feel that they actually have something scheduled was certainly lacking. We had to write them a lot to get things moving.

We had a little beach house that we had to sell. A friend mentioned that we could do a sunroom and we'd have the feeling of being outdoors and she told us about Four Seasons Sunrooms. The work and workmanship were very good and we were happy. It seemed okay but we have a couple of leak problems now. We had our worst rain since that sunroom went in. One of the leaks is through the light fixture, which is in this fan-like fixture in the center. But we thought very highly of the people who worked here especially one man. He'd been in and out with Four Seasons as an employee but he got his job done. So, the employees that they employ make the difference. I do enjoy the room every day and I spend most of my time in there more than my husband.

I had a bathroom put in by Four Seasons. I wanted to take out the old bathtub and put in a new one. However, I was disappointed with the work that they did. Even in the beginning, when they came down and I was signing the agreements, I wanted the work done before the heat started because I have a breathing problem and needed the air conditioning. The work was supposed to be done in the beginning of May but they said that it was not in yet. Finally, they got there in June. They came in and put in this new bathroom, and within a week or so, all of the grout started falling out. I had to fight them for a long time but they put me off saying they'll be there but they never showed up. Finally, another company came and regrouted the bathroom. It was not a fun experience and I wasn't happy with some of the stuff that went on. Four Seasons is not a company that I'd recommend.

My wife was wanting to get some new windows and she got Four Seasons' number from somewhere. The guy came over and showed the windows and those weren't even the windows that went in. They were supposed to have a certain tint where the sun didn't come in but that wasn't the case. We didn't find that out until later when it start getting sunny. I called them up a couple of times and told them, "This is not the window that we originally picked." When I kept calling the contractors, they ignored me until I reported them a couple of times. They called me and said they were gonna come look at the windows, but nobody ever did. As far as the temperature in the house goes in the winter time, it's just as cold as it was. They said it was supposed to make it warmer, stop some of the breeze from coming in. Apparently, they were supposed to seal the windows but that wasn't the case. I'm dissatisfied overall.

We were impressed with the presentation by the sales rep from Four Seasons and decided to go with them for our window replacement. He had to use folders and papers all in order to give us a presentation. He also had some miniature windows to get me straight the benefits of having the windows. They were very expensive and I would have loved to not take that much money but we also know that we got just about the best one in the market. It was a very good experience.

I purchased removable windows from Four Seasons and had them do the installation in our home. They were helpful, but they damaged one of my window sills and I had to replace that at my cost. Also, the cover that they supposedly leave on the window so that I don’t have to clean them constantly is not as I expected. The dust accumulates quite a lot on the screens outside with the rain. It's not like it slides from the windows with the finish that they left, specifically in the area where I get direct rain on the screens that have dusts accumulated, it's not as easily removable. I can see the stains with the dusts and the water drops. Overall it's a very practical window system with noise and temperature isolation.

Four Seasons scheduled someone to come to my house and they brought samples over to let me know what type of window is going to be installed. The quality of the windows that I got from Four Seasons was good and they were the cheapest too compared to other companies. However, I realized I did pay more than I should’ve paid, but at that time it was just something I wanted to get done with. So I wouldn’t recommend it, even though everything else was fine.

Four Seasons Sunrooms did the bathrooms and windows for us. The quality of the work they did was fine but the service was a little questionable. The bathroom was supposed to be done in one to two days. But I had to wait two to three weeks for a shower door that they had to get, and they had to do an adjustment. In addition, there was water getting in between the liner and the bottom tub, so they had to come back to fix that. They did the windows in two or three days. But they put the sliding glass door on backwards and I said, "What are you doing? It's not supposed to be like that." So then, I had to wait weeks for that to come in.

Then I had to call them back because I had a problem with a little water coming through the back door. They came back and looked at it, but they sent a guy that had no clue what he was thinking and looking at. And then the guy came back and nobody knew anything, so I never even bothered calling them back. What Four Seasons does is they subcontract the job out to people, and then they have problems in getting people to come back. My back door wasn't totally finished and I wasn't satisfied. They didn't even touch anything. I haven't had the water problem since then, but there hasn't been a driving, pouring rain in a long time.

Four Seasons Sunrooms is a bad experience. I have a warranty for my windows that they installed, but every time I called they just tell me to call certain numbers. I've been having this problem for a year and a half and I did not have anybody to come fix it. I'm thinking about getting a lawyer and filing a lawsuit against Four Seasons for false advertisements and not honoring the warranty.

Flory Design was the company that we first dealt with and the experience wasn't that good. They were supposed to do the brick veneer, which is what the sunroom sits upon, and their guy didn’t do it. The room got damaged during Sandy and we had the glass repaired through our insurance. But when we dealt with Four Seasons in Hauppauge, they were very nice, professional and they always called. We had no problem with them.

My wife wanted to get a greenhouse, so I asked a lot of people and two of them said Four Seasons were the ones to go to. The process was pretty easy. They have a factory out in Holbrook, so we drove out there and looked at the sunrooms and met Jimmy. Then he came here, looked at the house and we bought it. We had an unusual design, so the contractors were going to do the whole job and then they split up the masonry separately. So they still used their mason but directly instead of going through Four Seasons. It all worked out eventually. We wish the sunroom was a little bit more energy-efficient. I guess with a lot of glasses, it loses a lot of heat. I'd recommend Four Seasons, but would warn about the energy usage.

The sunroom I got is 20 years old so it's really old. I called Four Seasons for a replacement on the door part. They had someone out here in a short while, the replacement went fine and the quality of their work was great. So, every time that door messes up, I'm gonna have to call them 'cause they're the only company that services it. I would recommend them.

I contacted Four Seasons Sunrooms and then they arranged the sales rep to come. We were at home and told him what we wanted to do. We have a covered patio so we only needed a door, a screen door and a glass door installed. He said that's easy and that they can do it. The contractors were very nice and seemed familiar with the process and installed them in just a day and I'm satisfied. Although later on, I heard the price maybe a little bit higher than others. But in terms of quality and the way they handled it, we are happy with it.

We looked at several vendors and chose Four Seasons to do our windows. It was a professional experience. We're still using the windows.

I was looking on the internet for a proper sunroom and Four Seasons Sunrooms was the top company that I came across. I am in a small bungalow on Lake Ontario and I wanted my roof to be glass and wanted it matching with my roof line that I already have, at the same exact angle. So they built on a 200 square foot addition, all glass, and I’m only 15 feet from the water. I've had my sunroom finished now for a couple of years and they were very quick to come and repair any leaks that I had in the beginning, like when caulkings on it sometimes might not have been enough.

The only issue I had was the delay in building. It was behind four, five or six months. We had architects in and they did everything that we wanted. But the salesman didn't order exactly what we had drawn up even though I signed off on the drawings. The one they put on there was a generic angle. So when they started to put it up, I was on the hill looking and saw that it wasn't even the same angle as the roof. So they ordered all the glass again at no cost for me and redid it properly. When I pay $100,000 and signed off on a picture of what exactly it’s supposed to be like and they don’t build it that way then they had to incur the cost of having the glass rebuilt. So the service was great with Four Seasons. I liked the guys. I recommended them to my neighbor and got a $100 back from another neighbor. So that was good.

A very pleasant fellow from Four Seasons Sunrooms gave us a good bid and we took it. They installed $23,000 worth of windows in my home. They were very efficient and did a good job.

We were interested in a sunroom. I went online and found out about Four Seasons Sunrooms. What set them apart from other companies is their true focus on sunrooms. The other companies we had in to talk about what we wanted were into windows and other things. We called Four Seasons and we found out that they have a store in the triangle area of North Carolina. The salesperson named Robert came out to the house, looked at what we wanted done, showed us or pitched the advantages of Four Seasons and we compared that to the other bid we received and explained how it would happen and when it would happen. We did have some issues with leakage, but they were addressed quickly. It took a while to find the leak, but they came out on several occasions and closed them down.

Our sunroom has leaked from day 1. For the first two years, the installing company, ACI out of Jonesboro, AR, SENT A GUY OUT TO TRY CAULKING THE GLASS CEILING from the outside. No luck. Each visit required a week to coordinated, amounted to the guy laying down a new bead of caulk, then telling us to call back if it leaked next time it rained. After two years of this, we gave up. Recently we were considering selling the house. We tried contacting the original installer (ACI), but they are either out of business or have changed venue. Tried to contact Four Seasons National. No response. Rooms are guaranteed not to leak. Totally unsatisfied due to leaking. New local installer won't touch our sunroom because they didn't do original install.

I found Four Seasons Sunrooms as a respected and more reliable company. The sales reps helped me and cooperated in all angles. Whenever I needed information, they provided it to me. It was a nice and smooth transaction. I recommended Four Seasons to two or three guys and they also got work done on the same street.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Four Seasons Sunrooms was established in 1975 as a greenhouse supplier, and Latium USA bought the company in 2006. Four Seasons’ headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Holbrook, N.Y. The company manufactures and installs sunrooms, patio rooms, patios, retractable awnings and more.

• CONSERVAGLASS SELECT™: Four Seasons uses CONSERVAGLASS SELECT™ glass for construction. The glass is coated with special glazes to make the windows more energy efficient and easier to clean.
  • Upgradable options: Consumers can have a screened in patio room added to their home and then upgrade it to a seasonal or year-round sunroom later. This option allows customers to upgrade their home slowly over time.
  • Local installers: Four Seasons Sunrooms has local retailers who install their sunrooms. These local professionals are familiar with the building codes in their area as well as any challenges presented by the geography or climate. They can help homeowners select a Four Seasons product that suits their area.
  • Warranties: All Four Seasons sunrooms, conservatories and patio rooms come with warranties that are transferable to new homeowners if the house is sold. CONSERVAGLASS SELECT™ is covered for 20 years against breakage.
  • Free consultations: Interested consumers can request an in-home consultation and quote using an online form. Those who schedule consultations receive special discounts if they choose to purchase a sunroom or other product.
  • Best for Four Seasons Sunrooms are best for homeowners looking for choices in sunroom additions and local service.

Four Seasons Sunrooms Company Profile