Call toll free
3.64/5
Based on 365 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Four Seasons Sunrooms

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows offers a wide range of products in the home improvement industry. Our products include sunrooms, patio covers, screen rooms, windows, pergolas, and many others. With vast product knowledge and a team of experts, you can rest assured that no matter the project, Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows will turn your vision into reality. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

699 Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have a home with a Four Seasons sunroom that’s leaking. I’ve called and requested a service call and haven’t heard back from anyone. Today I called the main number to try and get help getting a response from the local distributor and the all I could reach is a call center who tells me I’ll hear back within 24 hours. In the meantime it’s raining and I’m stuck with bucket in my sunroom that happens to be the living room in the middle of my house! Carpet is soaked, and we had to pull it all up and my subfloor is soaked. We’ve had to haul all the carpet out and fans are going to try and dry the wood. Meantime. No word from Four Seasons.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Cristina, we're very sorry to hear about the leak with your sunroom. We believe the situation has been taken care of already and we thank you for your understanding regarding time constraints. However, if there's anything else you need us to assist you with, you can contact our customer support line at 631-563-4000 x234 and we'll make sure you're taken care of as quickly as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Sunroom Addition Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased a Four Seasons sunroom back on October 2010 and it was the worst decision I have made. I chose Champion windows because a sports coach was doing a commercial about how great Champion sunrooms were. After interviewing several companies, I decided to go with Champion windows. BIG MISTAKE!!! The first thing after installment of the room, I was getting water inside my house due to the fact they covered up the dryer vent. They didn't even screw the sliding door into place so both of the doors were sliding and I didn't even realize it for a year and a half.

The first winter, the roof starting leaking which formed ice on the floor and the roof has leaking ever since. When the weather temperature is 85 to 90 degrees, the roof pops like firecrackers. The roof is in 6 sections and has 5 seams and as of today 7-24-2018, the seams are still leaking. I called the office yesterday 7-23-2018, regarding the leaking and I haven't received a call back. NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! From a dissatisfied customer.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Mildred, this certainly isn't the experience we strive to create for our clients. It's important to us that our projects stand the test of time and continue to foster a comfortable, relaxing space for the homeowner. We're sorry that this hasn't been the case for you. Please contact our customer support line at 631-563-4000 x234 so that we can address the issues at hand. Hope this helps, and thanks for reaching out.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2018

We had a Sunroom installed a few years ago and time tells the truth. Our Anderson windows were installed 40 years earlier and there are no defects or disappointment. Can't say the same for the Four Season Sunroom having decades of research and technology over the decades. Now it's about correcting wrongs due to poor workmanship and poor design by Four Seasons Sunrooms.

At the time of following the poor install, Four Seasons Corp was contacted but would do little to nothing to assist with the faulty & poor workmanship of the local operator. The best they did was swap out another drain system to replace the defected one. But again, a faulty install with another is like installing a new tire having bad belts to replace a tire that was defective. A few years back (5) our glass was compromised leaving it foggy. Contacted Corp which referred us to the local dealer. Contacted the local dealer but they never responded or provided warranty support.

Be careful not to get caught up in their brochure and your visions of the sitting in a sunroom during season change or while snow covers the ground. After the fact, If there is no support down the road or bad workmanship discovered at a later, you will be looking at a big problem for many years. Ours was in the Cleveland Ohio area. Due to the empty results and hiding from Four Seasons, we plan to reach out to Patio Enclosures to assist. Maybe ours before and after can be the marketing brochure for their competition? Picture speak a thousand words. We have many, many install defects with poor design. Four Seasons Sunrooms appears to accept no responsibility or accountability for their licensed operators or Corp design. Images can be provided to support this rating. Be careful. It's a big investment with a long term commitment. Don't make the same mistake.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Gregg, We at Four Seasons Sunrooms are sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we can’t find any incoming calls or complaints regarding your sunroom. Please contact us directly 631-563-4000 ext 234 so we can look into this for you

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 15, 2018

The contractor they selected to install their product did a poor job. There are several leaks. Contacts with Four Seasons have yielded no results. They said to contact several companies that don't exist in Northern Nevada. Now they don't respond. We love the sunroom, except it leaks and their installer lost his contractor's license and is out of business.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Chip, this is certainly a unique situation. We're sorry to hear about your misfortune with the contractor. Please contact our customer service line at 631-563-4000 x234. They should be able to point you in the right direction so we can sort this out as soon as possible.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We were very happy with our room for many years, but now the room has become NON usable. The installation that was performed by a Four Seasons contractor setup from the Four Seasons franchise we purchase the room through. They had flashing installed around the raised flooring. The flashing was installed improperly to prevent moisture from getting into the sunroom Styrofoam filled flooring. Water has gone into the flooring like a sponge. The floor is now rotting from the inside out. 3 different contractors have verified the flashing was installed wrong. Four Seasons Sunrooms should stand by their engineering and installation to replace this flooring.

But... the room now has to be dismantled before replacing the flooring, so they should stand by this disassembly and reassembly as well. Very disappointed in trying to get a hold of someone at Four Seasons for weeks to discuss this and get this resolved. We had contacted a Four Seasons installer over a month ago and they could finally come and take a look and are now trying to get a hold of someone higher up to resolve this issue and take care of this problem so we can then begin enjoying our Sunroom again as the floor is not safe to walk on. Safety issue with potentially falling through. Please someone at Four Seasons contact us rather than us having to go through an answering service and wait 24 to 48 hours to receive a response from corporate Four Seasons Sunrooms.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Scott, while we're glad that you had many enjoyable years in your Four Seasons sunroom, we're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues. We can't help via review response here on Consumer Affairs, but you can call for direct assistance by dialing 631-563-4000 x231. We hope this helps, and we will speak soon about how to remedy the situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows?

Original review: June 14, 2018

We’ve seen a lot of ads and after bringing Four Seasons Sunrooms and two other companies in to estimate the project, we felt that Four Seasons was the most knowledgeable to go with. They measured out an area to knock down an old porch, then put up a sunroom. The person I dealt with on the inside there, Janet, was amazing. It was easy to get a hold of anybody for the most part. The salesperson measured incorrectly though and we missed out on a little bit more length but I’m not gonna worry about it so much because what’s done is done. The people that did the installation were very accommodating and the installation took about a couple of weeks. We had to bring an electrician in on it and come back and forth on a few things. The electrical guy could have spent time a little bit on when he was doing his work. But in the end, the work done by Four Seasons Sunrooms was amazing.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

We are so grateful that you chose us for your sunroom, Ted! It’s great to hear that you’re enjoying it and are happy with the outcome overall. Thank you for taking the time to voice your support. Let us know if we can help with any future projects, too!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Four Seasons impressed me when I went in there so I ended up getting their services. The sales rep I dealt with was very nice and professional. The contractors were also very professional and knowledgeable. They provided me with an additional room, a four-track room, and they did excellent work. They completed the job in three days and things have been good since we've had the sunroom four weeks ago. The experience has been really good from top to bottom and everything went really smoothly.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Thanks for working with us, Michael! It’s great to hear that everything went well from start to finish. Keep enjoying your new room, and let us know if you need anything else at all.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was very not pleased with Four Seasons Sunrooms. When they sold me the kit, they told me that the glass was supposed to be 8 feet high, but it came out to be 7 feet. They should have told me in the beginning if they cannot do it. I have a brick home and I have all the windows coming to the backyard. It’s supposed to be the sliding window with the little glass on top, then the roof and the glass comes down. It wasn’t like that. The roof comes out straight to the windows. Then on the left and the right sides on top of the window, they’re supposed to put glass, and they put a wide panel instead. Moreover, the screen door and the sliding door pop out every two seconds and I gotta put it in.

They said that it wasn't the kit I ordered. I said that they showed me a picture and it was gonna look like that, which is why I wanted it. They told me that it was gonna cost me more. They were supposed to get back to me but they haven't. I spoke to this guy Joe and another Joe and they haven’t gotten back to me either. When there is a problem like that, they could reverse some money back. They took $45,000 and I’m not happy at all.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Frank, we’re sorry for any miscommunication that might’ve occurred when you were discussing the plans for your project. It’s never our intention to mislead any customers. If you haven’t already, please contact our support desk at 631-563-4000 x231 so they can help clear this up. Hope this helps, and we wish you only the best. Apologies again for your frustration.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased the LifeRoom from Four Seasons. Compared to what my contractor’s price was and what I was getting, for a few thousand dollars more, Four Seasons' product was far superior. The sales rep did a good job but they failed to disclose to me that they knew I was going to need a variance to get the sunroom done. In the township in which I live, there’s a percentage of what your structure is to how much land you have, like 30 x 60. Because I live on a beach, it’s worth $220,000. So, my neighbors are within two feet of me because everybody wants to live on a beach. I just wished my salesman had said upfront, “Hey, you are going to need a variance." Because that led to some problems for a permit. That extended the process for about nine months. As a result to try to satisfy me, they paid for the expeditor for me to get the variance and the permit. So, they did the right thing.

On the other hand, their contractors were highly professional. We had some bad weather and they were afraid that I wanted the thing done. And I told them, “No. I will wait until the weather is better to pour the concrete and let it cure properly.” They were in constant contact with me. So far, I’m ecstatic with what I have and I’m completely satisfied with Four Seasons.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

This is excellent, Bill! Thank you for your trust, support, and kind words. Your patience is very much appreciated as well. We’re confident that you’re going to absolutely adore your LifeRoom. Keep us posted if you need anything else!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I saw the commercial of Four Seasons on TV. I looked at some other companies online as well. I leaned towards Four Seasons based on their reputation, and also because some other friends of mine had sunrooms built by Four Seasons. We purchased the Victorian model and the quality of work that I received was excellent. The room in itself meets all of my expectations and more. It's a very good product. I can’t say enough about the particular sunroom that I have. It is well worth the money that I spent for it.

The project coordinator, Janet, was an asset to her company as well. She really helped meet all expectations that I needed to get the project completed. And she represented her company in a very professional manner. The contractor, Elvis, was also excellent. He built the sunroom and he kept me in a loop and extended himself every kinda way he could to make sure that the project was moving on. We had a few rainy days and we had snow too. So, the project got extended a little bit but it was still done in a timely manner.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Thanks for choosing us, Eddie! It's great to hear that you're enjoying the Victorian model. We'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the team, too. Take care, and we'll be here if you need anything else!

Original review: June 5, 2018

The salesperson from Four Seasons told me that their windows were made like sunroom with glass, so that the heat stays out and the cool stays in. But I was told later on that they don't make windows like that, and that it's only for sunroom windows. As a matter of fact, more than one salesperson was here because the original price was higher than what I wanted to spend. And when I told them I was not gonna get it, they sent another salesperson to close the deal and gave us the price we wanted. That salesperson told me the exact same thing the first person told me, which was that the windows are special because they are built like sunroom windows. And because we've discovered that midway through, the person who was installing the windows just did a patch job in the end just to finish up because he knew we were returning them. But he was friendly.

At the end I got a refund, which was fair. But it wasn't a full refund and there was a lot of back and forth to try to figure out what type of refund I should be allocated. Until everything was resolved, I didn't know what was going to happen. There were moments when I felt like I was very ripped off. I expressed that to them and on Facebook and that intimidated them a bit. They started noticing, that they actually cared what I was saying because there was a lot of waiting for them to respond, which was months. It was very stressful. So at the end of the day I got windows and not from them, but from Home Depot.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

We sincerely apologize for this miscommunication. It's good to hear that you ultimately received a refund, which is the best we can do in a situation like this. We're going to use this as a learning experience to make sure all salespeople are on the same page with our products. Apologies again. Wishing you only the best.

Original review: June 2, 2018

While I’m satisfied with the results done by Four Seasons Sunrooms, the operation was affected because when it rained, the water was channeled to the inside from the corner where the gutter is and it’s building up. What has to happen is that we have to raise that panel up so that the water doesn’t back up. Instead, it runs out. When it first happened, we thought that maybe the porch was too flat. So we had the whole pavement redone and left that end with a little tilt so the water would run off. But with that, the water is still coming down like it passes inside of that corner and into the enclosure.

Additionally, after the thing was built, one of the panels looked like it was stuck so it stopped. So we did not continue pushing the button. The second try, it never wanted to come. It was trying to, but it looked like it was stuck somewhere - almost all the way to the half and then it stops. Then the third time we tried, it chained over, like a loop was formed and it came down with a big opening. It looks like a zipper that was torn out of your garment but it's only torn out in the middle. We told Four Seasons Sunrooms and also call the person that did the actual installment. This installer said what is happening with that particular panel is that it’s too small. So the company will gonna be making another panel for that size which is considered too small. For this reason, I have given them time to do as they said they would and that’s one of the reasons why I’m being patient and I wouldn’t complain. Other than that, the people sent out by Four Seasons were professional.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Thank you for your patience, Sonia. We apologize for any frustration you've experienced and promise to do our best to make the necessary improvements. You'll have the sunroom of your dreams before you know it!

Original review: May 31, 2018

We were looking into Four Seasons Sunrooms and we got an upgrade for a nice deal. The rep, Janet, was very good. The contractors were also very good, but they insisted on pouring the foundation when the ground was frozen right after we had snow back in the beginning of March. My husband wasn't happy that they couldn't wait until the snow was gone. But the guy who put the flooring in was wonderful.

The room is a completely southern exposure and we've had a few days where the temperature had gotten up into the mid to upper 80s and the room was like a steam bath. I was so disappointed. It's not really a four-season room for us. It's more like a three-season room. I even asked the contractor if there were any issues with heating. And he said, "No." I put the fan on. I and opened all the windows just to circulate everything. With the room getting too hot, you you couldn't even have the door that goes from my dining room out open.

There's also a leak somewhere in there. This morning I was in there and the ledge underneath the window was wet. And then when my husband had gotten home, he touched the sheetrock and it started bubbling where he was touching it. It's coming in from behind the sheetrock from the roof area and Four Seasons have to look at that.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Larraine, we're sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please contact our customer support at 631-563-4000 x231 so we can come by to assess these issues asap. We're confident that these will be fixed soon! Thank you for your patience and support.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Four Seasons Sunrooms did one of our LifeRooms. Their salesman came out, we discussed everything and he took measurements and priced it out. The manager came and verified the dimensions and structural information. They then sent the kit and they came to install it. The only issue I had was the way it was finished off at the roofline. It was left open to the elements which would cause snow build up. It would be sucked into the roof underlayment which would have been a problem over the next few years. So, they came back later and sealed that up. Other than that, they did all that they said and I like what they've done.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Glad we could get that hiccup sorted out quickly and efficiently, Cory! It was no trouble at all. Thanks for your trust and support on such a big project. We hope you'll enjoy your Life Room for years to come! Keep in touch if you need anything else at all.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I was looking around on the internet for prices and Four Seasons Sunrooms came in as part of my estimates. They had a fair price compared to others and were reputable. I was straightforward with the sales rep and I told him exactly what I wanted. I didn’t want the sales pitch and he got right to the point. He told me about their product and the things I needed to know. He was excellent. They put in three windows for me and the contractor was very good and accommodating. He came in and got the job done in a timely manner. Four Seasons did great and the replacement windows that they put into my house was done very well and they didn’t damage anything in the house. Overall, a happy experience with them and I would definitely recommend them to other people.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

We're so happy you found us, Adam! And we're glad that everything went smoothly with your new windows. Thanks for your trust and support. Would love to work with you again anytime!

Original review: May 25, 2018

20 years ago, Four Seasons Sunrooms put a sunroom on the side of my house and this time, it’s just glass. They were the only ones who could handle it. The mechanic who came over and put the new glass in was a real good and a Class A mechanic. He was very nice, careful and neat. I was very happy with him and I had a very good experience with them.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Thanks for sharing your story, Joe! We're happy to hear that everything went smoothly with the new glass. Thanks for being such a loyal customer and taking time to voice your support. Let us know if you need anything else at all!

Original review: May 24, 2018

First started with a 25x15’ sunroom attach to our house and that sound so excited to us. Few weeks later; they come back to tell us that we have to reduced its 15’x13’ due to NYC of Queens Dept of building’s regulation. They offer us a $70000 full financing + interest of 6.99%? Their salesperson mention to us this project we only responsible with the DOB and home inspections fee only; if the Four Seasons can’t get any approval. There aren’t any fees or penalty beside this.

After over 17 months of frustrating back and forwards, they came up with a 15’x6’ plan, from 375 Square feets down to 90 Square feet’s only. The price only drop from the original $70,000 15 by 13 sunroom to $63,400 15 by 6 sunroom. It’s over $700 per Square foot! That is totally unacceptable and unexpectable. We finally decided to cancel the project!

Now, Four Seasons company told us to pay for the 10% penalty if we want to cancel the project. They can't just simply asking us to paid for cancellation if Four Seasons did not fulfill my request on my project. I can’t accept the price at all if they reduce my project size into half. I only can pay half (35,000) for not the full size. Furthermore; I did not sign any policy to pay Four Seasons my share for not being able to complete the requirements, besides the contract!

As a salesperson, he representing a big company “Four Seasons“. He told us what he knew and understood and there is nothing to hide from consumer, The sales representative did not mention any unsuccessful fee or any kind of penalty if things don’t work out right. There isn’t any penalty stated in the contract that we sign!

At this point, Four Seasons can’t just wanting us to pay the 10% for not doing any project. Four Seasons and its engineering supposed to know all rules and regulations and building codes to-accept the project. We are very disappointed with Four Seasons' actions. The case not being close, while we still paying high interest to the bank for nothing! Our Dreamed home become nightmare! I am hoping Four Seasons can fully refund our 1st payment of $ 22500. We been paying the 6.99% of loan interest for the past 17 months & will keep on paying if Four Seasons don’t refund or holding our loan money back...

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Danny, we're sorry to hear that your project didn't work out due to the obstacles mentioned in your review. It sounds like there's a lot of confusion here, and we apologize for that as well. Please feel free to contact our customer support desk at 631-563-4000 x231 so that we can sort this out and see what needs to be done by whom. We hope to hear from you so that this can all be over soon.

Original review: May 15, 2018

At this point, we are considering a small claims lawsuit against Four Seasons Sunrooms and their apparent Virginia distributor, Total Remodeling Systems. Here is our story. In January 2018, we purchased a LifeRoom. The sell was very much like buying a car. We didn't think this was terribly odd because it was a modular product. But maybe this should have been our first warning sign. It also was apparent from the beginning that they didn't seem to know what they were selling - they couldn't explain options nor really basic aspects of the product itself. We checked this up to their claim which seemed to be true that this was a new product.

Maybe a month or so passed before we heard anything more. This was what we expected. We also went in with the understanding that our project might take 2 weeks. We were told 3 days was typical construction. But the back of our house was not straight - they would need to build up our garage roof to remedy this. They created plans reflecting this which we approved. Everyone was very responsive during that early process. On April 4th, they came and dug 5 massive (2x2 feet wide 3-4 deep) holes in our patio asked for about $10-11K for starting and left. Our patio was left like that for a week. We had been told by the project manager that they'd come and dig one and fill it with concrete the next. While this upset us, we did also realize it had been below freezing and rainy - perhaps that's why they could not pour concrete. It wasn't really explained to us regardless.

On April 13th, a team showed up at our house unannounced and filled the holes with concrete. As a result of the hole digging, 3 massive piles of dirt were left only one of which was ever moved at my insistence. The other 2 we finally ended up moving a month later. Around April 16th work commenced on the patio, several people showed up and were very busy working for about 4 days. This also included an electrician who was subcontracted - we have zero issues with the electrician's work - he introduced himself, he explained what he was there to do, he explained what he had done before he left. Similar the individuals who traveled in to construct the actual LifeRoom were fine. By the end of that week, the additional roof that needed to be built was not completed, and certainly understand that things need to perhaps be left open to allow for inspection.

The week ended with the project manager explaining to use that about 2 more days were needed to complete the work. We ended that week paying the company another $10-11K - between the down payments and prior payments this amounted to the bulk of the fee. I believe the next week it rained all but Tuesday and Thursday. We did not see anyone from the company at all or receive any updates. We called toward the end of the week and the project manager told us that "he needed 2 days." Two good days that had to be in a row we guess? This was a new one to us. With their work done the prior week requiring them to cut into our roof they have left a 2 inch wide gaping hole in our roof that spanned about 8 feet wide and they did not cover it with anything.

It was completely exposed to the elements. I explained that rain was leaking into our garage, damaging the inside of our garage and our possessions. They also left gutters cut in half just creating waterfalls in our backyard. The project manager came to cover the roof with a tarp and said that they would be out first thing the next week to complete work. With every promise like this I thought to myself - oh ok, just another few days of this. However, never would I have imagined that this would now become something I would have to deal with for a month and counting. I called the headquarters of Total Remodeling System to complain to some unknown manager (?) who never returned my call with some sort of plan for resolution. We were just dumbfounded that anyone would just leave us with gaping holes in our roof and cut gutters.

The week of April 30th, my husband called the project manager to get an update on the project. The project manager indicated that he needed 2-3 more days - but that waste days of work. There were also inspections. He was also told that the replacement window would arrive in a week and be installed. In checking the county website, we then learned the company had repeatedly failed inspection for the roof they were construction for some reason not explained. We believe some work was done on the roof – maybe part of that day. The workers just tend to show up unannounced at about 11am and start banging on our roof and then leave with no communication by the project manager. The electrical was finished, and the electrician met with us to wrap up the work. Again, we have no issues with the electrical work.

We have pavers on our patio. On May 4th our patio stones were put back and one of the cut gutters was given a downspout. After the patio stones were put back on May 4th as was the missing downspout. After the patio stones were put back one of the screens would not go down – maybe push of kilter by the stones. We immediately advised the company of this but they have not responded. The screen worked before the stones were put back because we had tested them just the week before with the electrician. On May 7th a team of 2 guys showed up to do maybe 6 hours of work on the roof. We were not told that they were coming, and they did not knock on our door. They closed off parts of the roof and resolved most but not all of the leaks. They pulled siding off and left flashing exposed. A cut gutter and cut into our soffit remained.

On May 8th – debris was hauled away. However, the missing skylight window was not installed and our 2 written requests to the company about it have gone unresponded. Our continued inquiries as to what - in general - is going on with the roof have gone unresponded. Our roof continues to leak into our garage because one side is still open and who knows what else. Our continued inquiries about the screen that won't go down have gone unresponded. This is a project that we expected best case scenario to expected to be completed on April 27th. Let’s say worst case May 4th. This is in alignment with the last timeline we were given by the project manager. We have not received any further timelines or updates from the project manager giving us any more information about what is going on. Our most recent communications have included the company owner, and he has not responded either.

As this point, we are sick of being told that they just need 2 more days. They have gotten their money, and as near as we can tell never intend to complete this work. Any reputable company, upon contacting the central management, would have a team out pronto to fix the issues. We are reasonable people who have honored our part of the contract, and we are clearly dealing with jerks or worse. For all we know this thing is going to fall in our heads at any time and that's why the county won't approve the roof - we just have no idea and frankly don't care anymore. We will be seeking refund and claims for damages.

Flashing has been left exposed on the side of our house for a week. We've got a half finished roof again without a tarp and water getting into our garage. We have a patio cover that is useless as advertised because a screen won't descend and we're missing part of a skylight. Total Remodeling Systems of Winchester, Virginia can perhaps build pre-fab sunrooms but should not be trusted to do anything else. All we can hope is perhaps there is another contractor in Virginia that can service this product.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Karen, we sincerely apologize for your frustration with this whole ordeal. While the issues at hand don't reflect Four Seasons directly, they do stem from a trusted partner. If you haven't already, we hope that you will contact our customer support desk at 631-563-4000 x231. They should be able to take your complaint and help sort everything out. We sincerely hope that all of this will be fixed soon and are confident in our ability to do so. Wishing you all the best, and apologies again.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I had a Four Seasons Life Room added to my house last fall. It has never worked properly and we have not been able to enjoy it. The company has repaired it many times and it still does not work properly. The latest is the remote control, which is necessary and the only way to operate the screens stopped working. The room also continues to leak. The product should not be on the market and since it is now a part of my home cannot be easily removed. Consumers need to know that this product does not work as advertised.

Updated on 05/01/2018: April 30, 2018 Four Seasons arrived and repaired the remote with tape! And claimed that they will order a new one. As the engineer was testing the taped remote the main screen broke AGAIN when descending and will need to be replaced. Anything short of a full refund and removal of this eyesore will be unacceptable. I will also be filing a formal complaint against the company with the Suffolk County Department of Consumer Affairs. Four Seasons should not be permitted to market this product. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Kevin, we hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for what is certainly not a normal situation. Yours is an isolated incident that we want very much to fix as soon as possible. If you haven't already, please contact our customer support line at 631-563-4000 x231 as soon as possible. We hope to make things right.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had our Four Seasons Sunroom installed in 2010. I give it 2 stars because it is a beautiful room. On the plus side it has withstood heavy snowfalls as well as downpours and hurricane winds. Our problem is and always has been that the Four Seasons approved installer went out of business as soon as our room was finished and we now have no recourse. We tried the Better Business Bureau but they kept ignoring, yes you heard that right, ignoring our complaints and siding with Ridgewood Sales. I even went directly to Four Seasons Corporate and they were great until I said I feared a lawsuit because of the slipshod way the room was built (the installer sat crossed legged in our living room watching a video on how to install it and then the inspector failed it 6 times before he got it right.)

But once it was up we noticed there were pieces missing. There were areas that were never caulked. They sent an independent contractor out who walked the glass roof shaking his head the whole time and he caulked the roof but not the rest of the structure. My husband has a serious back injury and cannot do it himself so we tried local contractors including another Four Seasons dealer but since they didn’t put it up they don’t want to touch it. So we spend thousands of dollars on exterminators just so we can somewhat control the flies and wasps. We can’t afford to take it down and we’re going broke keeping it up. Had we to do it again we would never have put up a Four Seasons room. It’s been nothing but a heartache. All we wanted and paid for was for it to be installed completely and correctly. As I said... nothing but a heartache.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Mary, yours is certainly a unique situation, and we apologize for your frustration. Unfortunately, your installer's going out of business is out of our control, and as you said, it's definitely thrown a wrench into things. We're confident that you'll soon have all the repairs you need to fully enjoy your sunroom. Apologies again as we work through the situation at hand. This is a learning opportunity for us, and we promise things will be better soon. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 9, 2018

After spending nearly $80,000 and purchasing the top level glass for energy efficiency, this company refuses to stand behind their product and provide plans that show the town that the room passes energy code. Because of this we cannot obtain a CO for this room. Just get bounced around between employees, none of whom will "officially" stand behind their company's product. Was even told that "just because something is stated in their literature doesn't mean it is true"!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Following the implosion of a sunroom ceiling glass panel mid 2017, I contacted the local dealer for replacement. He couldn't get replacement or response from Four Seasons after multiple attempts. I tried also to contact through their phone and website last year. Had to wait over winter because of snow. Then tried again this week (4.03.18) by website and phone- twice each, again getting no response after 3 days.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

We're so sorry about this, Leonard. If you haven't already, please call customer support at 631-563-4000 x231 so we can get this sorted out. We hope to resolve this asap. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 5, 2018

I purchased a condo that has a sunroom. However, the glass needed to be replaced and most of the panels were either fogged up, aged or broken. I was either going to replace the ones that needed replacement or do the whole thing. One of my brothers then told me that I needed to go to Four Seasons' showroom and walk through the glass where they have the heat element, to see the difference because it was a special glass that doesn't allow the heat or the cold in. I did that and I decided to go with that type of glass. When I told the sales reps the size, they knew the complex I was living in and gave me the estimate over the phone. They were very nice and very good. The installation only took one day and they came back another day for the little things. They took the other panel down and took the usable glass and put it in one of my friend's unit who needed glass replacement, which was nice.

I love the room as it's nice to have the sunlight come in. Also, the glass doesn't fog up and stays well. However, it had a bit of leak, but they came right away and repaired it. It's guaranteed for 20 years and so far, I'm very happy. If anyone would want to upgrade to the same type of glass, I would recommend Four Seasons. They're definitely more expensive, but they're definitely well worth it as people could use the glass more of the year because it has that damp infusion.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

It's so great to hear that everything went smoothly and you're enjoying the new glass in your sunroom, Denise! Thank you for sharing such a thoughtful review. We're here for you anytime. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 5, 2018

The Four Seasons Sunrooms sales rep was very easygoing and there wasn’t a lot of BS with him. He was awesome. I got a LifeRoom and I love it but I've had to call Four Seasons several times because the screens go off track. I haven't had it a year and they had to repair it three times.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Four Seasons has a good product for a good price and they helped me with my windows. The sales rep was good. He was very nice and very friendly. The only issue I had with him at the end was trying to get in touch with him to close the deal, because for some reason that was a problem. But that was the easiest part too, so it was a little confusing. On the other hand, the contractor did a good job. The workmanship was good. I'd recommend Four Seasons.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

We're happy to have your approval and recommendation, Peter! Thank you so much for sharing your opinion. Let us know if you need anything else at all. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 4, 2018

Four Seasons made my sunroom and they've done an exceptionally good job. Janet has been handling everything and she's been extremely good. However, there were some little things that they came back for repeatedly to take care of. For the most part, I wouldn't even know about it until someone came and said, "Oh, this needs to be screwed here, this needs to be done here." At the same time, they failed the inspection once already. We're waiting for an inspection but since winter came, we can't get that because they need to dig the earth to see the foundations. Also, they had to put some hurricane brackets but all of that has not come back for re-inspection because of winter.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

As we all know, this winter has been rather exceptional, Pat. We apologize for your frustration, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we get through the inspections. We're confident that once all is said and done, everything will turn out beautifully and to your liking. Thanks for reaching out, and we'll be in touch soon. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 3, 2018

Four Seasons' reps came in, showed me what windows they were gonna give me and the price and credit options I have. And then they came and installed it a few months later. It was good service and their reps were all nice people. The installation team did good too and I'm very happy.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Sounds like everything went as smoothly as possible, Daniel, and we're happy to hear it! Thanks for sharing this. Let us know if you need anything else at all. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 2, 2018

Our house came with a Four Seasons room that was probably almost original to the house. It was 25 years old and the glass was in need of replacing. The sales rep turned out to be a neighbor of ours and he was very nice. He came in, explained what they would do, and how much it would cost. Four Seasons replaced the windows and the sliding doors because we wanted them to match and I was very pleased. The guys who came in to work were pleasant and a lot of fun. They knew what they were doing and got the job done in two days. They did exactly what the sales rep said they would do.

Four Seasons Sunrooms was a bit more than what we had anticipated, but it's done. It has the curved glass and the best thing is when my three-year-old grandson comes over, he goes, "Is it going to rain today, grams? Can we go out in the sunroom? It's like sitting under a waterfall." He loves sitting out there and just watching the rain come down and feeling like he's inside of it, but he's not getting wet. I'm very pleased with Four Seasons Sunrooms. I had a very positive experience with them and they did a very nice job. I had one little leak and I called them. They came back, fixed it, and we were good.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Reading this review just made our day, Doris! Stories like this are why we do what we do. We want our spaces to be places where memories are made. We're happy to help you with anything else you may need, just keep in touch. Take care! - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 2, 2018

We had a beautiful Four Seasons sunroom installed this summer and the person that did the work was supposedly one of their best guys. However, it was obvious from the beginning that he was not doing it right and I complained multiple times. When the manager finally came out, he agreed that there were six or seven things that were done incorrectly. It still leaks and I'm waiting for them to come and follow up on the latest leak but snow has been on the roof. So, it has not been an enjoyable experience at all. Even though the sunroom is beautiful, the fact that I have this very expensive sunroom that leaks, it's a continuous problem and it shouldn't be that way. I'm told that that's normal but I refuse to believe it. I now have to file a Better Business Bureau complaint about my experience with them.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

Cynthia, we hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for your frustration. While it's good to hear that your sunroom is aesthetically pleasing, leaks are never a good thing. We're confident that once the snow is finally finished, we'll be able to get someone out there to fix everything. If you haven't already, please contact customer support at 631-563-4000 x231. We hope to make things right soon. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Original review: April 1, 2018

We have a contract with the Roslyn School District. And as part of the contract, I had to install a new window and a door at a library over there. And it involved having some curved glass that Four Seasons does. And not too many other people do that, so we contacted Four Seasons and we hired them to supply and install that particular window. I have passed their manufacturing facility and showroom 600 times over the last 15 years. I knew of them and the kind of work they did. So when I had the particular window that was drawn up by the architect, I knew I could contact them and have what the architect drew actually put into production and installed.

Four Seasons has a fine product, and it was installed well and I appreciate what they did. Everybody is raving about the installation and it really looks good. We had a few little obstacles that we had to overcome, but nothing terribly major. They primarily do residential and commercial work and this is a public works project. So the rules and regulations are a little bit different. But for somebody who's not particularly geared up to that type of work, they managed to get it done and get the paperwork we needed. Their customer service was good, too. I'd recommend them.

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows response

This project was a welcome challenge, Ken, and we enjoyed every minute! We loved working with the library. Thanks for the opportunity and for this wonderful review to boot. Let us know if you all need anything else over there. Take care. - Four Seasons Sunrooms and Windows

Four Seasons Sunrooms & Windows expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Four Seasons Sunrooms was established in 1975 as a greenhouse supplier, and Latium USA bought the company in 2006. Four Seasons’ headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Holbrook, N.Y. The company manufactures and installs sunrooms, patio rooms, patios, retractable awnings and more.

• CONSERVAGLASS SELECT™: Four Seasons uses CONSERVAGLASS SELECT™ glass for construction. The glass is coated with special glazes to make the windows more energy efficient and easier to clean.

• Upgradable options: Consumers can have a screened in patio room added to their home and then upgrade it to a seasonal or year-round sunroom later. This option allows customers to upgrade their home slowly over time.

• Local installers: Four Seasons Sunrooms has local retailers who install their sunrooms. These local professionals are familiar with the building codes in their area as well as any challenges presented by the geography or climate. They can help homeowners select a Four Seasons product that suits their area.

• Warranties: All Four Seasons sunrooms, conservatories and patio rooms come with warranties that are transferable to new homeowners if the house is sold. CONSERVAGLASS SELECT™ is covered for 20 years against breakage.

• Free consultations: Interested consumers can request an in-home consultation and quote using an online form. Those who schedule consultations receive special discounts if they choose to purchase a sunroom or other product.

• Best for: Four Seasons Sunrooms are best for homeowners looking for choices in sunroom additions and local service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

NY
Fax:
www.fourseasonssunrooms.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business